You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Monday, December 17th 2012, 2:23pm

Can I just say I don't think it matters what size baby is the labour and the birth are going to be what they are.

My two were both exactly the same births and there was 2lbs between them Cobi being 9lbs 3ozs.

Good luck to all you lucky ladies and next Christmas with new baby gonna be a very different one!!!

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: Dec 14th 2011

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Monday, December 17th 2012, 4:04pm

Hi Gemmab,
yes very true indeed :) It's still nice to romance about will I have a chunky monkey with chunky thighs (or chunky flies as I call them) or a little dot that barely fills the Moses basket. It definitely one of the things that keeps my mind going with just weeks to go.

And yes about Xmas being different next year I've told my husband to enjoy the tree this year as next year stands a high chance it'll be pulled over or decorations pulled off at least (this little man is dh's first baby) My other three have all attempted such antics on their first Xmas but its all part of the magic of having children isn't it :D

Hope you have a nice Xmas and happy new year

Xxx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, December 17th 2012, 6:10pm

Emmajayne - sorry to hear you had to go into hospital but glad all is OK. How are you feeling today?

Hey Cleo - congrats on reaching 30 weeks - hope the scan goes well on Wednesday.

Hi everyone else, hope you're all well.

AFM am absolutely knackered. Only got about 3 hours sleep again last night. It's so hard to go and do a full day's work of full on meetings after a month of insomnia - I cannot wait for Thursday when maternity leave starts!

:xxx3:
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Monday, December 17th 2012, 6:43pm

Hi all :hi:

Emmajayne..... I was 15 days overdue with both my daughter and son and was induced so I guess they were big because of that. My daughter took 19 hours and my son was relatively easier at 4 hours. I had gas and air and no cuts or tears. thank god. That scares me the most :scared:
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Monday, December 17th 2012, 9:42pm

Thank you Net :) I'm ok just tired, oh no about the insomnia continuing I bet your exhausted :'( roll on Thursday so you can rest body and mind clearly a well needed rest for you :)

Kittenlove you cook your babies well too then :) I went 11days first and third baby and they evicted middle one due to size he was apparently 9 days over but I know for definite he was evicted a week early. They said he wasn't going to fit through my pelvis. Same here though totally straight forward no damage at all to me :thumbsup: I pray these little ones are same for us.

Xxx

Reg: Nov 10th 2009

Children: Yes please!

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 9:18am

Morning Ladies
Sorry to hear you ended up in hospital EJ but glad all is ok :thumbsup:
Net I'm not sleeping well either, nature I guess, preparing us :-(
Kittenlove you sound like you have this childbirth malarkey sussed!
EJ I was saying to my DH about the christmas tree next year too - things will be pulled off etc - fun times!! Ours will no doubt go from being silver & white to being multi coloured & full of tacky decorations! but as you say that's what it's all about isn't it! yay I can't wait.
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49
Oct 10 Laser Surgery (PCOS) & removal of Endo
1st IVF Jan 12 @ St Barts - BFN

2nd ICSI Apr 12 @ ARGC :BFP: please stay with us :pray:

Our beautiful daughter arrived safely 7.1.13

MY DIARY

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 2:15pm

Good afternoon Dawnie and thanks :) sorry to hear your not sleeping either :( I have a black 7ft tree with silver tinsel and silver decorations my cousin was telling me last night she's having words daily with her just one year old over the tree hehe you'll love every minute of it I promise : D even though the decorations will be wonky or on the floor it's what it's all about. I hope your feeling well today, is it Friday you've got consultant?

Hello to everyone else I hope were all good today?

Xxx

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 2:31pm

Hi EmmaJ
We will get used to the lack of sleep won't we :thumbsup: all worth it.
Oooh, your tree sounds lush! :xmastree: Your so right, they will be all over the place. Loving your cousins little minx! they love to cause a bit of mischief don't they : D

Yes Friday. Not long. Excited to find out what he's going to say! might meet littlie quicker than we thought!
How are you feeling today? Just knackered still?
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 2:50pm

We will indeed hehe but we won't mind a bit it's beautiful to have your baby gaze at you at any hour :) Only had the tree a couple of years my daughter chose it bless her, we have several stars (as her daddy is a star in the sky) she loves it.

My cousin did make me laugh when she told me, my youngest lad was the worst culprit for destroying my trees he was almost 11months at his first Xmas and just couldn't be reasoned with little monkey the conversation bought back memories : D.

Oooow exciting times was it the 7th January you were given originally? Could be merely days into new year then potentially? Very exciting times for you Hun roll on Friday ah :). I'm doing ok today thanks had consultant this morning all is good being handed over from local hospital to hospital I've chose to have little man at :thumbsup: off to see consultant there next Monday eeeek almost there aren't we. I hope your feeling ok today?

Xxx

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 3:01pm

Ha ha re the trees. very funny. Lovely your daughter chose it :thumbsup:
So ours will be a similar age next christmas then. Wreaking havoc wherever they go!
Yes 7th originally. So we'll see what he says. I don't think it will be too much before, maybe the thursday or friday of the week before. How exciting going to see your consultant at the hospital youve chosen. It's all beginning to feel so real now. Still feels like a dream sometimes, like I've stepped into someone elses life! Good luck for Monday, will speak with you before then no doubt anyway xxxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 4:38pm

Yes indeed they will Liam was born 31.1.00, yes I can't wait :) I look forward to hearing your outcome of Fridays appointment for you : D.

Bless you with all still feeling like a dream it's been a long a gruelling road for you though hasn't it to say the least, I'm sure your just desperate now to hold your little surprise : D.

Yes I'm sure we'll catch up here in mean time but good luck to you for Friday too just in case :)

Xxx

Net

Sunday, December 23rd 2012, 6:21am

Morning all

Thank goodness the site is working again!

Up hideously early yet again. I am really starting to struggle now with the lack of sleep - 3 weeks now and absolutely knackered. Have developed severe carpal tunnel in right hand and mild in my left so that wakes me up, cramp in both legs and of course the need to go for a wee about every 3 hours :tear:
But good news is that despite my MW telling me LO was breech on Thursday, when I had my scan on Friday she is definitely head down and placenta is now no longer low - phew on both counts. Growth measurements were all spot on 32 weeks apart from her femur length which was measuring 30 weeks and 30 w 5 days. Sonographer said it's still in the average range but on the lower side of the scale. I'm hoping it's not an issue. Mind you I am only 5ft 3, DH is 5ft 10 and my mum is 5ft 1 so maybe she's inherited the short gene :laugh: (my dad is 6ft 1 - hopefully she'll catch up and that gene will come through for me!!). In all seriousness I hope it's all OK and not an issue, the sonographer didn't seem overly concerned.

Started my Mat leave too on Friday, so glad don't have to get up for work. Was rather miffed by my colleagues though - 12 years at the same place and not even a card to say good luck! Maybe they'll send me a card when LO is born but couldn't help being a little bit disappointed/sad. I always make sure when people leave/go on mat leave etc there's a card and a collection.

So, how is everyone? Looking forward to Christmas? Sorry lack of personals, so tired, but suffice to say I hope you are all well, getting more sleep than me and have a lovely Sunday!

NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Net" (Dec 23rd 2012, 6:24am)

Sunday, December 23rd 2012, 8:09am

Hi all thumbup

Net that's not very nice not getting even a card! What's wrong with some people! :thumbdown:
I know how you feel about the insomnia :rant: my problem is of course the constant weeing! Also heartburn :angry: feel like a dragon breathing fire! I was just put on Metformin tablets for the gestational diabetes and they just made my already terrible heartburn worse. Was actually being sick pure acid! :pullhair: also made my head pound with pain and made me dizzy so iv decided I'm NOT taking those evil pills anymore! :talkhand:

I havnt gone on maternity leave. I'm going to work right up to labour. If that's possible. My office at work is right next to delivery suite so I feel safe there :winking:

I have a 36 week scan on 4th jan. then hopefully won't be too long after that :cheese:

Hope everyone's well grouphug :xxx3:

Sunday, December 23rd 2012, 8:52am

Good morning lovely ladies : D

Hi Net how rude about not getting you a card :'( I do hope they get you a card when your princess arrives. On plus side your maternity leave is here eeeek I bet your excited and looking forward to a rest :). Great news baby is head down and that your placenta has moved :thumbsup: not good news about carpal tunnel, cramp and lack of sleep though :'( hopefully your body might power nap in the day now your maternity leave has started. Awww my mom is 5ft 2, my dad 5ft 7, I'm 5ft 4 all my kids are leggy even when they were born they all had long legs :). I feel a midget next to my eldest lad and my second son is near enough same height as me hehe. On scans though there legs measured smaller and so does this little man that I'm cooking now but I can feel and know from having the others he will be same as them :) your princess will be perfect. All is good here thanks net apart from my daughter has croup :'( she sounds like a seal bless her. I hope you have a lovely Sunday too.

Kittenlove oh no about the heartburn being made worse by the tablets you were on :'( so painful isn't it this is only second baby I've suffered badly with heartburn with the last two spoilt me I think. Ooow yes you definitely work in the right place I'd feel safe there too :). Nearly there though now aren't we Kittenlove :thumbup:

I am glad site is back up and running I've being trying to get on since Friday afternoon I wanted to see how Dawnie got on with consultant :).

I hope everyone else is good today and all set for Xmas?

Xxx

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Monday, December 24th 2012, 8:01am

xmas67 Helllloooooo Ladies,

Sorry i havent been on in a while but the site was down for a while and i also have been kind of flat out at work

Good to catch up on how all you ladies are getting on EJ sorry you were in hospital i hope everything is ok now

I have to agree with Net and EJ the heartburn is definitley heating up!!!! Mine is terrible pretty much all the time. Can i ask are alot of you finding it harder to eat much? I dont feel hungry at all at the minute and i hope LO is getting enough to eat i am still taking my vitamins though?

Net- i have to say the up every 5 minutes peeing is taking its toll on the sleeping situation and i have a bit of restless legs at night which doesnt help and leads to cramps in my legs.

Another question does any of you get braxton hicks? i dont know if its what i have can someone else explain the feeling to me as im not sure?

Dawnie hope all is going well with you

AFM - quick update im working today boo but at least i get to give you ladies a catch up, off xmas day and boxing day and back again to work on the 27th short and sweet. Had 30 week scan last week baby is doing very well she is now a whopping 3.5lb weight with her head measuring a week ahead at 32 weeks now and the body at 30 weeks so she is bang on schedule. Her kicks and rolls have become more intense but i love them so i know she is all good. Sounds weird but im not dreading the labour at all but i am crying alot i think im worried just that i get her here safe and sound although everyone says my pregnancy is flying i feel its so far away because i worry and want to be holding her knowing she is safe in my arms is this mad? You just hear so many horror stories and im focusing to much on this.

Well anyway have a nice christmas ladies eat lots for those bumps and i will catch up really soon xmas68

Reg: Jan 10th 2012

Children: None

Monday, December 24th 2012, 11:14am

xmas68 Ladies, hope you all have a lovely time & eat lot's of yummy food :xmas5:

1st IVF cycle Feb 2012 :BFN: :sniff:

2nd IVF cycle July 2012 :BFP: bab22

Net

Monday, December 24th 2012, 11:43am

Merry Christmas to you all - have a lovely day and substitute the alcohol with lots of food, I know I will!

xmas68
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

waylou

Reg: Sep 30th 2011

Monday, December 24th 2012, 1:02pm

hi cleo, im getting braxton hicks too!! I can only explain them as baby rolling from one side of tummy to the other really intensely, then relaxing....or another way it feels is as if im tensing my stomach muscles as hard as i can for about a minute then i relax.....thats how i explain my braxton hicks...always makes me go "oooh" really loud when one comes along, cant help it lol xx
:BFP: - IVF - 1st Cycle - June 2012 - [zx076] seen at 8w+1d measuring 16.7mm bab22

waylou

Monday, December 24th 2012, 1:04pm

oh and they should be painless......apparently we get them throughout the whole pregnancy but only get to notice them around this stage xx
:BFP: - IVF - 1st Cycle - June 2012 - [zx076] seen at 8w+1d measuring 16.7mm bab22

Monday, December 24th 2012, 1:41pm

Hi thumbup

I too am getting strong Brixton hicks! Makes me yelp too! So intense! :angry: also getting grinding pains low down! Anyone else?

I have heartburn ALL the time and yes Cleo....I'm off food now. Don't feel like I have room for it :thumbdown:

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Thursday, December 27th 2012, 5:26am

Hi Ladies just wanted to drop by as tbh I forget to check in sorry...... Will no doubt be glued when on maternity leave lol

Well every AM I am awake eating rice crispies lol at 4am....sign of things to come! Early starts and peeing all the time lol

I am 33 + 2 baby head down and bouncing on bladder apparently lol

Thought I would add to the numbers on here. I am due 12/02/13. Really excited though labour starting to play on my mind lol

X
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

Net

Thursday, December 27th 2012, 8:41am

HI everyone

hey Phoebe - long time no see!! You are due 1 day after my birthday and 3 days before my LO! My LO is also bouncing on my bladder - I was up 3 times last night which is a Christmas miracle as usually iy's about 6 times!

Kittenlove - I haven't had any BH (well, at least I don't think so). I do get terrible indigestion and (TMI) a bit of a tight tummy after eating too much but don't think it's BH.

Waylou - hello - how are you? No more bleeding etc I hope?

Hello everyone else. Hope you all had a good Christmas? I was spoilt rotten and didn't have to lift a finger. Good job too as carpal tunnel so bad just typing this is agony and I can't even lift a glass of water with my left hand now. Has anyone else developed this? I am sporting some lovely (not) wrist splints 24-7 now and praying it goes when LO arrives as it's agony! LO has been very active over Christmas too which has been nice. Think she enjoyed all the food. Heartburn wasn't so nice. When I had 32w scan they could see lots of hair and isn't there a link between hair and heartburn?

Back to reality now though I guess and 2013 round the corner. One of my NCT class mates was induced on Xmas eve, 3 weeks early, making LO's arrival far more real, especially now I have realised I don't have to go back to work until 2014!!

How is everyone else? Hope you're all well.

NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: 1 daughter, 16 years old, new baby boy 10 weeks old

Thursday, December 27th 2012, 10:19am

hi ladies, ive just made the jump from 2nd trimester lol, im 30 plus 3 now hope you all had a fab xmas xx
[zx076] :BFP: JUNE 2011 ectopic bigcloud

:BFP: seen @6 weeks [zx076] & 7 weeks & 10 weeks [zx115] also 13 weeks

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 3:04pm

Hi Gang
So sorry I haven't been on - hope everyone had a fab christmas?
Hi Mrs A, welcome : D
Net you deserve to be spoilt! sorry to hear you have carpal tunnel - not nice
Our first NCT girly had her LO yesterday - I'm 3rd on the list only got 8 more days. My consultant decided not to bring the date forward as he wants to keep LO in for as long as possible so we're still on for the 7th Jan.
Girls I too am getting major BH's - have had them for quite some time but jeepers they are getting stong now!
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 3:53pm

wow dawnie exciting times, im not sure if im having BH or its just my little man moving awkward
xx

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 4:15pm

I imagine it's prob a bit of both Mrs A, I know mine started off like that then over the last day or two they've started to get really strong.
I'm still on progesterone supps from my IVF too and that's meant to calm them down......
Ti's very exciting for us all isn't it!
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 4:57pm

Hi ladies :thumbsup:

Dawnie glad alls well with you hope you had a great Xmas? As for Braxton hicks all day yesterday from 40mins down to 10mins apart by 5pm, had hot bath tossed and turned til 12 then flaked and woke up this morning. I do feel for you gets hopes up don't they. Not long at all for you ah Hun bet your over come with excitement :)

Cleo hi Hun glad all was well with your scan :)

Sazlou I hope you've been keeping well too?

Net hope you enjoyed Xmas I've eaten well this end hehe

Hi Waylou hope your good today?

Kittenlove yes to the grinding sensation feels like he's ramming something (I'm presuming head as he's engaging) and twisting round slightly Braxton hicks make my eyes water at times ;(

Pheobe long time no speak hope you've been well? Yes the constant peeing (on the hour all night long) it's a joy that's tiring but welcome isn't it (in a weird and wonderful way)

Mrs A I hope you've been keeping well? I agree with Dawnie it's probably a contrast of both Braxton hicks and little one moving awkwardly.

Hope I haven't missed anyone? Takes some catching up on here once you don't come on for few days doesn't it.

Afm had great Xmas we ate out Xmas day which I loved so did the kids and dh, definitely a maybe for next year :). My daughter is still poorly though from croup to chest infection in five days flat complete with being sick whilst asleep and lay on her back at 10.30 at night on Boxing Day! Oh the joys ah especially as she sleeps on a top bunk :thumbdown:

Xxx

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 5:44pm

EJ we ate out on Christmas day too. We always do with my family, DH's family are funny & like to stay at home but it's far nicer for us to go out! No mad food shopping, cooking for days & arguing about clearing up!
Bless your daughter though, hope she gets better soon. Poor thing.
The BH - wow you were regular yesterday! I never time them......perhaps I should?!
I am so blimmin excited I can't even begin to tell you! Can't wait to meet the little monkey now, we're all ready, car seats in, bags ready to go. Camera charged & ready. Still feels like a dream! Are you excited? All ready?
XxX

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 5:49pm

awwww bet you are exciting new year for us all, xxxx

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 6:29pm

Yep Mrs A, indeed it will be! [zx126]

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 6:34pm

Dawnie it's fab isn't it avoids so much mess, wasted food, hassle, fridge space and wheelie bin space too hehe. Thanks she seems better in herself today just having trouble keeping her meds down though. I always write them down from 37weeks how far apart/how long lasted. I've always found its one of the first thing they ask you if you call if you feel you need to go in, it at least occupies the mind which can't be bad can it. Dawnie your so organised :D bless you I'm nervous, excited and ready really can't wait such exciting times ah. Almost there now :thumbsup: just new year to come then we can have our babies eeeek.

Yes Mrs A exciting New Years all round : D

Xxx

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 6:37pm

hello lovely Xmas ladies

hope u all had a fab Xmas xmas34
Dawnie and ej the countdown is well and truly on for u now so excitingexciting
Mrs a good to see u have joined us over here in the third tri

Sazlou hope u enjoyed it Xmas and I'm sure with it culinary skills u had a fab feast

net good to see it doing well six about the Carole tunnel though and I had a wee giggle about it hairy baby ithink mine is too cuz I'm killed with heartburn

welcome back phoebe good to see u are doing well and posed it dates

as for me Xmas was quick we went to in laws and got to spend time with dh daughter which was very nice for me and him. she is so excited to be getting a new baby sister though my dh was gonna burst with emotion when she asked cud her new sister come to her birthday party if she was born bless her birthday is 2 days after my due date bit optimistic but here is hoping . apart from that nothing to report baby cooking nicely and just can't wait til she is here now

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 6:43pm

Hi Cleo awww bless dh daughter you never know here's hoping she gets her wish ah : D glad you had a good Xmas all be it a quick one good to hear your keeping well too. Yes countdown is on but I'm still confident I'll go 11days over as my usual trend but everything crossed I don't as walking is starting to prove interesting now kind of waddle waddle, stop for break then repeat hehe

Xxx

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 8:45am

wow everyone seems so much further along than me lol, im going to get my hospital bag done soon just to be ready lol xx

Net

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 8:55am

Morning all

Cleo - that is so cute about DH's daughter - very exciting times.

EJ - how's your DD now? Sounds like you had a nice Christmas.

Dawnie - OMG not long to go now! You must be so excited. My first NCTer had their LO on Xmas Eve (3 weeks early, emergency C section), makes it more real doesn't it!

Mrs A - you and I aren't so far apart. How many weeks are you now?

Hi everyone else, sorry if I have missed anyone.

AFM, carpal tunnel is killing me! I am having to stop typing every so often to shake my hand to get the pins and needles to go. It's so bad I can hardly pick up a cup of tea sometimes. Am wearing oh so attractive wrist splints at night but not sure how much help they are. Good job I am now on maternity leave as typing at work would've been interesting.

I packed my hospital bag yesterday. What are you all packing for LO in terms of clothing? I have put in 2 vests, 2 sleep suits and a little cardi, plus a pram suit to come home in. Oh and a hat and scratch mittens. Just have a few bits to pack for me now. Got some oh so unattractive Bridget Jones big pants from tesco I can just chuck away - £2.50 for 4 pairs - bargain. Need to pack water and snacks and I think I am there. Looks like I am going away for a week!

I don't think I have had any BH yet. Should I? I get a tight tummy sometimes in the evening but I thought it was just from too much food :laugh:

Right, hand hurts too much to type anymore. Have a good day everyone

NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 9:34am

Hi everyone :hi:

Net. Sounds like BH.....tummy hardening. I have had this quite strong for few weeks now. I get it a lot at work!

Mrsandrews hope you are ok :wave: I have my bags ready,one for baby & one for me! I keep going through them incase I have forgotten something :what:

Hi emmajayne...... :hi: I went 15 days over with both my DD and DS. I hope this doesn't happen again , I'm so uncomfortable now. :talkhand:

Cleo.....that's sweet with DH daughter :yes:

Hi everyone else.

AFM. Still getting awful heartburn. Not sleeping too well still either. Got woken last night with weird pelvis stretching feeling on right side. Anyone know what it feels like or what stage head engages? I can't remember :loony:
I'm still working, as I said before I'm going to try keep going till the big day :thumbsup2:

Have a good day everyone :xxx3:

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 11:58am

:hi: girlies ... I seem to be AWOL an awful lot since I stopped working dont I :(
sorrrrrry :hugs:

nice to see this group has grown since I last visited and welcome to every new girl here :D

yes I'm still cooking this little lady!
so ready for her now its unreal.... had signs and symptoms but nothing is coming of them goddammit!!
not sleeping at all now!! up every 2/3 hours max, have a wee and lie in bed again ... :(
really getting to me ... I'm sweating so much it's unreal .. iv never felt comfortable sleeping without a cover but now it's the only way!
I have heartburn what feels like 24/7 as well .. so sometimes propping up in bed (not that it helps)
I have gaviscon at the side of the bed that a swig from the bottle I'm that desperate .. and it's not touching it!
DF is worried it can't be doin me any good drinking so much ... so may be heading to the docs tomorrow ???
Iv told him it must be safe tho! As every woman does it don't they? Lol ...

Every evening I am in pain! She is definitely gonna be a night labour I just know it!
So I bounce on my ball as that's only place it doesn't hurt! ;)

Apart from swollen hands and feet iv been okay really .. baby was engaged at 37 weeks, but at appt last week a diff midwife said she doesn't think she is engaged! ... I do have a bum to my right hand side as well which means she's risking slipping back to back :(
because of my anterior placenta ... so I have to do walks and crawl on all 4's and straddle a chair etc (all fun times hey)

xmas was hectic - brother got rushed to a&e and had emergency surgery on xmas eve!!! :(
obstruction in small bowel or somat!?!? :( he recovering now tho..

my dads birthday today, and then NYE tomorrow and mums birthday NY day hahaha... Sooooo want her to come now - not bothered about sharing a birthday now hahaha.. and it's special today as dads 50th! :D

hope u are all well xxxx
Lots of heartbreaking history incl 2 losses :-(

April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

4 embies in the freezer :rollseyes:

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 6:14pm

hi net im 31 weeks tomorrow, was told id prob have him at 38 weeks due to llettz treatment but knowing my luck ill go late lol,
ive been off work for 2 weeks now but had a terrible cough so only felt better the last 2 days, and today ive had period like cramps down low and tummy hardening but my little man is movig away so assume its BH
i had my daughter almost 16 years ago so its all seeming like the 1st tme for me as i dont remember these feelings lol.
it is def making me want my bag done though, i found a list online and seems like a huge amount to take lol

how are you girls, all looking forward to tomorrow night?
were staying in for the 1st time in 13 years hubbie loves new year but its never my thing anyway lol normally a tad drunk and fall asleep early lol xx

waylou

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 9:35pm

MrsA im 31 weeks tomo too, so we are neck and neck!! And ive also been told i may have my lil soldier at 38wks due to the placenta praevia, so it looks like we got a race on our hands, hehe xxx

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 9:40pm

wow thats nice to know hun, are you all ready xx

Net

Monday, December 31st 2012, 12:03pm

Just popping in to wish all you lovely ladies and bumps a very happy new year. 2013 is going to be momentous for so many reasons for us all! I intend to try and stay awake until 12pm but in reality will probably fall asleep on the sofa with the dog at about 8pm.

Dawnie, in about a week you are going to be sooooo excited!!!

newyear1

p.s. had whooping cough jab today - anyone have any side effects from this? I feel OK now, hoping no flu jab type dead arm to come!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Monday, December 31st 2012, 4:51pm

newyear4 to all you lovely ladies newyear1

Tuesday, January 1st 2013, 10:37am

newyear1 newyear3

Morning Ladies, Happy New Year - We're finally in the year we get to meet our babies!!! OMG!
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Tuesday, January 1st 2013, 10:40am

Net I am beyond excited!!!! I can't flippin wait to meet him or her now - yesterday we had our last consultation before the hospital and got final instructions for next Monday. So we're good to go!
Feel so excited but so nervous at the same time!

Did anyone make it to midnight? we didn't, no where near! then I never do let alone being pregnant & trying to.

Net I didn't have the whooping cough jab as I had it quite severley when I was little & they think that's caused my immune issues so we didn't want to risk a flare up by having the jab & it affecting the baby. Hope it doesnt hurt you though xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Net

Tuesday, January 1st 2013, 3:28pm

Hey everyone

My first New Year's Day in about 10 years without a hangover. Quite a pleasant change actually! Have been out on a lovely walk with my friends, their 2 little ones, DH and the dog, then a pub lunch in front of a roaring fire - very pleasant! I went to bed at 10pm last night, fell asleep and DH woke me at 11.50pm to watch the fireworks etc on the TV. Then carpal tunnel kicked in big time and couldn't get back to sleep for ages - typical!

Dawnie, oh my goodness less than a week to go! So exciting for you. Looking forward to hearing all about LOs arrival.

Whooping cough jab has given me a dead arm today, but nowhere near as bad as flu jab. Not 100% happy about having it as it's a combined jab but weighing it all up decided to go for it. I understand why you didn't though Dawnie.

Have just taken the Christmas tree down and DH is desperately trying to finish the porch we have built on the house so we have somewhere to put the pram. Planning an afternoon in front of the TV with the fire lit.

Hope everyone is well and as excited it's 2013 as I am!

:xxx3: :xxx3:
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tuesday, January 1st 2013, 3:54pm

Oooh Net I bet that feels good for you to have no hangover! Sounds like you've had a lovely day so far.
I probably would have had the jab if I didn't have that history but my consultant said it wasn't worth the risk for me personally.

Enjoy your TV & Fire afternoon! xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Net

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 3:26pm

Hi ladies

Just back from the antenatal clinic, all good and LO still head down. Quick question for you - have you been told whether you can have your LOs in a birth centre or a labour ward? I totally forgot to ask the consultant today. I'd really like a water birth at the birthing centre at my hospital as it has a great reputation with 50% of all babies being born in water, but not sure if IVF will stop me from doing this. Also, have any of you been told whether they'll induce you on your due date due to being an IVF baby? Again I totally forgot to ask today. Don't see the consultant again now until 37+5 and not sure if midwife can tell me at 35+5 (next appt). I am going to write my questions on a post it now and stick it to my notes so I don't forget to ask, but would be good to see what others have been told.

I live in Kent and baby will be born in a South London healthcare Trust hospital near Bromley- anyone else there? I know Kittenlove you live in Kent but obviously it's a big county!! I am sure each area will vary in their policies.

Hope everyone is well?

xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 3:49pm

Net glad all is ok & LO still head down. Not sure about the birth centre near you but I do know that just because the baby is IVF doesn't mean you are treated any differently to any other pregnancy. So if a woman who conceived naturally has that choice in your area then you will too. Again just cause of IVF as far as I'm aware none of my IVF friends have been told they will be induced on due date because of the way the baby was conceived. Your birth centre sounds great 50% of births in water! Fab.
XxX

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 4:12pm

Hey net! :biggrin: which hospital you going to? I work for south London healthcare trust! I'm having my baby at queen Elizabeth hospital where I work! I live in Welling :xxx:

Net

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 4:54pm

Thanks Dawnie - I have a feeling my asthma my scupper my plans at the last minute but will ask my midwife next time I see her and try to get on the birthing suite! There is one pool on the labour ward but chance of it being free must be remote I would think. Does make me laugh as the suite is quite literally next to the labour ward, would take less than 30 secs to wheel you from one to the other!

Kittenlove, I live in Orpington and am having LO at the Pru. DH works at Queen Elizabeth from time to time (He's a consultant engineer and works with the Estates team). So we're very close to each other!! Are you having your LO in the birthing centre or the labour ward at QE? (Not sure if they have a suite?)
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests