You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Monday, October 15th 2012, 2:39pm

Hi girls,

it's getting a bit quiet in here now that lots of you have already given birth to your beautiful babies.

Claire - yes officially it's me next but I was due on Saturday and still no sign of our little man wanting to make an appearance so he is officially 2 days late!!!! Oh well this is the last time I will have the wonderful privillage to have a lovely bump so I am going to enjoy it whilst I still can and just accept that DS#2 will come when he is good and ready and not before!!!! How are you and Jenson doing? XXXX

Wannabe - 1 week to go until induction day...your little baby boys will be here before you know it now :thumbsup: Glad you're keeping busy. How's the itching? XXXX

Louise - really glad Arlen is doing well and he is gaining weight. Hope you are recovering well from the c-section. Take it easy hun XXXX

McNaught - Happy Maternity Leave to you...hope you are enjoying being able to rest and nest :thumbsup: Sorry about the incident at work...what a worry, but at least it didn't break the skin - that's good news. No more running for buses for you then eh?! Hope you are feeling ok. Take it easy XXXX

Twinnie - I've said CONGRATULATIONS that many times but I just can't say it enough so :congrats: AGAIN :snigger: XXXX

Shellebelle - Happy 31 Weeks...time is flying and it really won't be long until you meet you lovely little man :D XXXX

AFM - had a midwife appointment last Thursday and she said that LO is engaged and ready to come out so it's just a matter of waiting now!!!! If baby boy is not here by Thursday I am going back and she is going to do a sweep to see if that will get things going naturally for me as I really don't want to be induced again!!!! If I have to be I have to be...things will happen the way they happen but if I can avoid it then that would be great. We will see. I am staying in around the house this week (which is a struggle for me...I love to be out doing things with Lewis) as DH doesn't want me travelling far when things could happen at any time so lots of visitors for us over the next few days...although I am still going to take Lewis to play group on Thursday and Friday if LO is still not here by then...DH thinks I'm mad lol :snigger:

Anyway, happy Monday to everyone, I hope you are having a good one whatever you are doing XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Dec 09 - IVF - BFP - DS#1 EC/S @ 40+6
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Stinker76" (Oct 15th 2012, 2:44pm)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Monday, October 15th 2012, 3:02pm

Thanks lovely Twinnie x I hope you're little man doesn't keep you waiting too long hon. Hope the sweep does its job on Thursday :)

You try and take it a bit easy honey x

Things this end going pretty well, obviously didn't get much sleep last night. Milk has come in today but nipples cracked and sore, hoping they will be better very soon. She is a good sleeper. DD1 wants to be with her all the time :) section scar is so sore but was told its twice the size it should be so obviously take a bit longer to get better.

Lol to you all xxxxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Oct 19th 2010

Children: one IVF miracle, yippee!!!!!

Monday, October 15th 2012, 5:31pm

Hi ladies

hope you all had a lovely weekend?

Dusky ~ Congrats again hun, glad your DD2 is a good sleeper and bless DD1 for wanting to be with her I bet she is made up...hope your scar isnt too sore hun and gets healing quickly..xx

Stinker ~ Hope your sweep on thursday gets things going and your little one makes an appearance..xx

Wannabe ~ wow didnt realise you were going to see your boys so soon, how exciting, hope your all ready for them..xx

Claire ~ hope you are settling in at home with baby Jenson and enjoying being a mummy..xx

McNaught ~ hope your enjoying mat leave and keeping well hun..xx

AFM ~ had a lovely weekend it just came and went far too quickly! Was out friday night for a meal with the inlaws as FIL had come over friday to put up border in nursery then we had antenatal classes saturday and sunday only for a couple of hours each day. Saturday was different stages of labour and then sunday was when nature needs a helping hand! There were ten couples altogether so quite a few of us, next week its breastfeeding sunday and then first few days at home with a newborn monday. Also went to the cinema to see Taken 2 saturday. Back at the hospital tomorrow to see dietician and consultant hoping that my GD is being controlled ok by diet as really dont want to take anymore meds or do anymore injection already covered in bruises from stoopid clexane, the readings are coming out lowish with the odd random high one so we shall see tomorrow! Going to try Aquanatal at the local pool wednesday morning as some of the women I met at weekend go and say its really good then got nursery furniture coming friday.

Hope everyone is well and has a good week..xxxx
::P

Me:32 DH:34 TTC:3yrs
IVF 1 2 & 3 BFN :bawl:
4th FET with Immunes March 12 :BFP: :pray: please stay with us :angel2:
bab22 Joseph William ~ Born 13/12/12 ~ 7.13lb!

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 3:06pm

Hi ladies, hope youre all having a good week.

Dusky-it must be so lovely seeing dd1 with dd2. So cute! I hope your scar heals quickly for you as i can imagine how frustrating it must be to rely on dh when you just want to get on and do those everyday things yourself.

Cindy-the itching hasnt been too bad thanks but im getting restless legs more often whih make getting off to sleep a bit difficult. I agree with you about not wanting to be stuck indoors. The twins could come at any time but i still went shopping with my mum today :)

Shellebelle-it sounds like you've got a busy week this week but filled with all good stuff. Bet you cant wait for the furniture to arrive.

AFM -popped into work tody to show off my bump before it goes- it was lovely to see everyone and they're all really excited to meet the boys. Just 6 days to go now!

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 12:13pm

Hi girls,

4 days late and counting here!!!!

Thought things might be starting to happen yesterday as at about 5pm I started to get really bad period type pains which at about 10pm last night turned into what I would describe as mild contractions every 15-20 mins throughout the night until 6pm this morning when suddenly they stopped?!!! Still have the period like pains but they are constant now, not coming, peaking and going like they were...so who knows what is going on in there?!!!

Shellebelle - sounds like you had a busy weekend!!!! Hope the ante-natal classes were helpful. How did your appointment with the dietician and consultant go yesterday? Hope you have had fun at aquanatal this morning :thumbsup: XXXX

Wannabe - how was shopping with your mum? Did you buy anything? WOW just think, this time next week you probably will have met your precious little boys :thumbsup: XXXX

Twinnie - aaarrh how lovely that DD#1 wants to help out and be with her lovely little sister all the time...I hope Lewis is going to be the same xfingers So sorry you are suffering with your nipples and boobies hun...I really hope that they will get better real soon so you can hopefully start enjoying feeding DD#2 xfingers xfingers xfingers XXXX

AFM - apart from Monday morning when I popped out we have been in the house all week so far and are both going stir crazy!!!! My friend was going to pop round with her little girl this afternoon but I am so tired as haven't slept since 2am so I have had to cancel :sadface: DH is going to come home early instead and take Lewis out for a bit so I can try and get some sleep...if things do start happening anytime soon I am going to need my energy!!!!

Hope you are all having a good Wednesday XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 12:23pm

Hey Twinnie x Hope you manage to get some rest later hon. And I really hope your little boy is ready to come out very soon, today was my guess....

It's weird staying in all the time isn't it, haven't been out since Sunday...thanks god for DH" have to say I am dreading him going back to work...

Wannabe, your bump is gorgeous!! Not long now :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoyed aquanatal Shellebelle xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:00pm

:hi: ladies.. congrats to those that have had their little bundles already :thumbsup:

when can I join in here? ::P
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept 18 - Here we go again! ICSI this time

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:10pm

:hi: Amy, I think it's officially 29 weeks but I'm sure the lovely ladies in here won't mind if you join a few days early. WELCOME to the thrid and last trimester :thumbsup: XXXX

Twinnie - yes I hate staying in and if nothing happens by tomorrow morning then I definately still taking Lewis to play group...am going :loony: DH thinks I'm :loony: but I don't care I'm going and he can't stop me :snigger: Today was DH's dad's guess too but I think that might be out of the window now!!!! My guess was tomorrow so let's see if I was right ?( So glad your DH is being helpful :thumbsup: How long has he got off? XXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Stinker76" (Oct 17th 2012, 1:13pm)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:31pm

This week and next, I know I will be feeling so much better by then, scar wise and mastitis but am but worried still...xxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:57pm

Hi girls!

Dusky ~ so glad your getting looked after at home, I'm really curious as to what you named your LO!?..xx

Wannabe ~ hope you had a nice day shopping with mum, did you get any bargains!?..xx

Stinker ~ OOh how exciting hope its the start of things and your little boy will be in your arms soon!..xx

Hi to everyone else!

AFM ~ Didn't go well at the hospital yesterday the Diabetes Consultant said although I am doing well with my diet over the next few weeks hormone levels are going to rise and go crazy and he thinks that the diet alone will not keep my blood sugar levels under control so he has stuck me back on Metformin....was really upset last night as didnt want to go on anymore meds and Metformin make you feel really sick and sometimes dizzy but I guess I have to trust what he says, hes the expert. He said that Metformin takes two weeks to get into your system anyway so if we leave it and do nothing then in two weeks time my blood sugar levels have gone up because of these hormones I will have to go straight on to injecting Insulin twice a day and that can then have restrictions on your labour and birth choices, you would be hooked upto a monitor and not able to use the pool or move around, whereas the Metformin you can still go in the pool etc. Back there next tuesday for a growth scan and to see him. Took first tablet after tea last night then woke up during the night feeling sick and dizzy and hardly slept so didnt feel upto going to Aquanatal this morning which is a shame as I have been looking forward to going and hopefully meeting some new mum to bes in my area, nevermind I didnt have the energy so a restful day at home it is!

What has everyone got planned for the weekend?

xxxx ::P

McNaught

Reg: Feb 27th 2012

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 10:02am

Hello All!

Shellebelle- sorry to hear you are back on the metformin- hopefully it will stop you needing insulin though. Silver lining- you get to have frequent scans and see your LO more often!

Dusky- hope your scar is healing well and you are feeling a bit better. Once you can move around more freely I'm sure you'll feel brighter. You have been through a lot and need a good rest! And sounds like DD1 is helping out!

Wannabe- not long now! I am being induced 9th November and hope things happen quickly. Sounds like there could be a lot of waiting around with induction- pack a good book/magazines/laptop etc!!!

Stinker- any signs of LO yet???

AFM- enjoying mat leave- some days I am so tired I just sit around and other days I do frantic nesting! Had to have growth scan on Tuesday as my bump was so big. Was worried about problems with baby etc but scan was fine- he's just a massive baby! Currently 7lb 5! So would be happy if he came out tomorrow!
Woke in night with really bad lower back aches which I couldn't get rid of no matter what position I got into. Thought I might have been going into labour but after having DH push hard on my lower back, it eased enough to be able to sleep for an hour or so and this morning it's gone. Was hoping to avoid induction!!

My mum visited at the weekend which was lovely- my parents live 200 miles away so don't see them very often. Wish they were round the corner as when LO is born, would love to have my mum there at the ready for help! My MIL lives locally but it's not the same!

Last antenatal class on Sunday- don't feel it's enough time to get to know everyone in the class so hope there are some other coffee mornings etc arranged as would like to meet other mums in the area and don't feel I've connected with the people in the class yet.

xxx

Friday, October 19th 2012, 5:48am

Morning girls,

Hi McNaught - glad you're enjoying your maternity leave...that's what it for resting and nesting :thumbsup: Sounds like you're growing a big baby boy in there...like you say 7lbs 5ozs is a good weight at full-term!!!! There is still time to avoid induction hun...I am hoping to avoid it still and mine is on Tuesday (10 days over)!!!! Have you got a name for your little man yet? (Don't expect you to tell, just asking). I can't wait for this little man to come out so we can start calling him ..... and not 'Tanglesticky' lol. Hope you have a good last ante-natal class on Sunday. When your baby boy is born make sure you go to local baby groups when you feel ready...I only went to 2 short ante-natal classes and didn't connect with anyone there but when I started taking DS to baby group at 4 months old (didn't feel ready until then but wish I'd gone sooner now) I met loads of lovely people, some of who are good friends now :thumbsup: XXXX

Shellebelle - aw sorry you are back on the Metformin hun and they are making you feel sick and dizzy :-( Hopefully it won't take long for your body to get use to them and they will stop making you feel sick xfingers They sound like the best plan of action though if you are hoping to have a water birth? Hopefully you will feel like going to aquanatal next week and you can meet some mums-to-be then xfingers We hadn't got anything planned for the weekend as we were hoping to have our little baby boy by then but unfortunately it doesn't look like that is going to happen (although I am still hoping), so we have decided to enjoy our last couple of days as a family of 3 and go out for the day tomorrow (not sure where yet), then on Sunday the midwife is coming for a home visit and in the afternoon we will probably go food shopping to stock up for next week. What are you up to? XXXX

Hi to everyone else...hope you and your beautiful bumps/babies are all good.

AFM - not much news I'm afraid...went to see my midwife yesterday and she couldn't even do the sweep. Could just get the tip of her finger in there but not far enough up to do anything!!!! Was a bit dissapointed after all the pains I've been having the last couple of days!!!! She did say that they hadn't been in vain though as my cervix had moved forward so that was a good thing, the little monkey has just got to come down now (preferably before Tuesday). Got a home visit on Sunday and she is going to try a sweep again. It's wierd this time because last time my waters broke before I actually started contracting so when I started getting contractions I knew what they were. This time I haven't got a clue. I thought I would be wiser this time round but just goes to show that's not always the case ?(

As nothing seems to be occurring I am off to play group with DS this morning so that he can see his friends, we didn't go yesterday and I don't know when we will be able to make it again so I am going to make the effort. Hopefully by the time we get back he will be tired out and will have a nap so that mummy can have a little rest xfingers

Have a great Friday everyone XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Friday, October 19th 2012, 7:53am

mornining girls,

hope your all ok and looking forward to weekend woohoo

Cindy ~ I hope that your little boy makes an appearance soon, pref not when you are at playgroup this morning though! How exciting that you will have him in your arms soon hun, I can't wait to hear your good news! Hope you have a good weekend as a 3 or 4!!! Keep us posted..xx

McNaught ~ Glad you are enjoying your mat leave hun, when was your official due date? Your little boy is a good weight already bless him..xx

Dusky ~ Hope your settling in as a family of 4 and enjoying your gorgeous girls. I dreamt last night that your little girl was called Emily!? Thats cos I have been thinking about it!!!..xx

Wannabe ~ How are you hun, all ready to meet your two boys next week?..how exciting hun..hope you manage to get some rest this weekend, you will need your energy once they are here!..xx

Amy ~ Hi and welcome hun!..xx

AFM ~ had a better day yesterday got lots of jobs and errands done in the morning and then went for a swim in the afty. The furniture men were sposed to be coming today between 8-11am but they rang me at 7am to say they were on their way and would be here by 7.30am so they are upstairs putting my nursery furniture together right now...how exciting cant wait to see it all finished! Going into town tomorrow with DH for breakfast and then a look around the shops, then sunday BF at antenatal then monday last antenatal is first days at home with a newborn then back to hospital tuesday for a growth scan and see consultant then mum over next wednesday so lots to keep me busy and keep my mind occupied! Oh gosh they are drilling already...my neighbours are going to love me!!!

Have a great weekend everyone..xxxx

;)

United Kingdom

Friday, October 19th 2012, 9:36am

Hi ladies. The excitement seems to be building here again which is lovely :)

McNaught-I've had a few strong pains low down that I thought might be contractions but they haven't come to anything. It would be nice to go into labour naturally but I don't think that's going to happen now. Had a curry last night but that hasn't worked.

Shellebelle- sorry to here you've got to take more meds but hopefully it'll mean you avoid having to do insulin injections. Hows the furniture looking? I hope your pleased with it :)

Cindy- cant believe after all those pains your little man still doesn't want to come out. I hope you have a lovely last weekend though and get lots of rest. I still demon you might beat me to it you know!

Amy- lovely to see you in the third tri. Can't believe you're here already!

AFM- went to a twins club yesterday and met some twin mummies which was lovely. Off to the hairdressers in a bit for a trim and tidy up as trying to grow my hair a bit so I can put it up out of the way when I need to. The. When the boys are a bit older I'll probably chop it all off again :)

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 1:13pm

:hi: ladies, have we all had a good weekend? : D

Wannabe - GOOD LUCK TODAY HUNNI :thumbsup:
Can't wait to see pics! And I know, I only have just under 11 weeks to go myself 8|
It has passed pretty quickly I suppose!

Our nursery is nearly finished now :)
This is a sneak peek
amyeliz87 has attached the following file:
  • nursery.JPG (102.91 kB - 11 times downloaded - latest: Oct 24th 2012, 8:58pm)

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 3:11pm

Hi ladies

hope you all had a lovely w.end?

Cindy ~ congrats hun, what a lovely name!..xx

Wannabe ~ hope your little boys are here safe and sound, so excited to hear your lovely news!..xx

Amy ~ your nursery is gorgeous hun!..xx

Dusky ~ hope your all doin ok now back at home..xx

Hi to everyone else!

AFM ~ just back from our last antenatal class, met some nice ladies and exchanged numbers so hopefully meet up for coffees and chats over next few weeks. Finished off nursery at weekend we are so pleased with it and cant stop going in there for a quick peak! Got another growth scan tomorrow and seeing the consultant again, hope my little man is ok and not growing too big!!!

enjoy your week ladies..xxxx

;)

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 9:10pm

Hi girls,

just to let you know that baby Brody Young arrived at 3.41am on Saturday 20th October weighing 7lbs 5ozs. I have put my birth story in my diary and will try and post a photo when I get a minute.

Hope you are all doing well XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 8:53am

Sorry for the delay in updating but the past 24/48 hours have been a bit of a whirlwind!

I'll write my full birth story when I have a bit more time but I'm pleased to say that the induction didn't take long as I was already between 1cm and 2cm dilated when I arrived at the hospital. Things progressed pretty quickly once they broke my waters but then we had to wait for the theatre to become free as it was night time by the time I was fully dilated and they a couple of emergency c-sections to do before us....so very glad I had the epidural in!

We went to theatre at around 3am yesterday and twin 1, Harvey, was born at 3.33am with forceps. Twin 2, James then arrived at 3.55am with the vonteuse. Harvey weighed 4lb 5oz whilst James weighed 4lb 8oz.

Both are doing very well and are combination feeding to keep their sugar levels up. All being well we should be able to go home at the end of the week.

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 11:20am

Just popped in to say :balloons: :congrats: :balloons: wannabemum on your new bab23 bab23

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 9:32pm

Just wanted to say congratulations to both ladies on your boys!
I love reading birth stories so will be going on the hunt for them!

And wannabe what lovely weights for the twins! Can't wait to see some pics of Brody, Harvey & James :D

Reg: Nov 10th 2009

Children: Yes please!

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 9:27am

Hi Ladies
Can I join the chat?
Congratulations to wannabe & Stinker, how lovely. Glad everyone is doing well.

xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49
Oct 10 Laser Surgery (PCOS) & removal of Endo
1st IVF Jan 12 @ St Barts - BFN

2nd ICSI Apr 12 @ ARGC :BFP: please stay with us :pray:

Our beautiful daughter arrived safely 7.1.13

MY DIARY

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 10:35am

Congrats again Wannabe and Stinker ~ hope your both enjoying being mummies to your gorgeous boys..xx

Dawnie ~ Hi and welcome to the last tri hun, how exciting!...hope you are keeping well?

Amy ~ how are you doing lovely? did you get your thyroid test results back, hope all ok..xx

McNaught ~ how are you hun? hope your enjoying mat leave?..xx

Dusky ~ hope you and LO are doing well..xx

Hi to everyone else!

AFM ~ All ok at scan on tuesday, they think hes approx 5lb but growth rate has slowed down since changes in diet and meds and they are happier that its back on track. Metformin was increased to maximum dosage so really hoping this brings blood sugar levels down as dont want to go on Insulin, not for the fact its more injections more because it will restrict birth and labour etc. Got to carry on testing blood sugars 3 times a day and then go back and see Diabetes consultant next tuesday and see if any changes. Its just the breakfast one still that is a high reading doing well with the others but my body struggles in the morning! Had a nice day with mum shopping yesterday, done quite abit of my xmas shopping now just a few things left to get on the list. Got to wait in this morning for a charity to come and collect a load of furniture, its a pain cos I want to go out!

Have a good day ladies..xxxx
;)

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Children: none

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 1:32pm

A big :congrats: to wannabe and stinker on the safe arrivals of your little boys, well done and enjoy every moment. :flowers:

Suzy xxx

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 1:39pm

:hi: shellebelle

yeah I rang them yesterday and receptionist said, TSH = normal, no further action! :)
I am happy about it, but also still concerned where this weight is coming from :S

Friday, October 26th 2012, 11:22am

Amy glad to hear your results were normal. I shouldn't worry too much about the weight, as we've said before as long as the LO's are ok that's the main thing. Lots of walking after!

Shellebelle fingers crossed your blood sugar levels go down as you want them to, have they given you a dietplan to stick to? bless you - just another wretched thing to worry about isn't it!
I've nearly done all of my christmas shopping too! yay. Women on a mission :thumbsup:

Quiet day for me today, am waiting for a mothercare delivery but no idea whether it's going to turn up - got an email on wednesday to say it had been dispatched so thought it would come yesterday but no so hoping today. Stupid that in this day & age they still make you wait a whole flipping day!

I woke up in the night STARVING had to come downstairs & have a crumpet & a satsuma. Very odd. I woke DH up to tell him his child was being naughty :snigger: he was fine, started singing to the baby, bless him.
xxxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

McNaught

Friday, October 26th 2012, 6:06pm

Hello Ladies,

Wannabe- :congrats: Congratulations on the birth of your twins. James and Harvey are lovely names- and very good weights too! Hope you are all doing well xxxxx

Stinker- :congrats: congrats also to you on the birth of Brody (another lovely name). Hope you are all doing well xxxxx

Shellebelle- hope the metformin is doing the trick. Well done on getting your xmas shopping done! I'm not sure I'll get any done this year! I need to get some furniture picked up too- there's a charity in Plymouth that uses the furniture you donate for families who can't afford to buy any so I think I'll give them a call. It's on my list of 'to dos' (which is very long!!)

AFM- Been enjoying mat leave. Doing one of my 'to dos' each day- have made curtains for the nursery today (very proud of myself). Defrosted the freezer yesterday but now it won't work- replaced the fuse and it worked for about ten minutes then there was a big bang and it broke again- will try another fuse but fear it's more terminal- another unwanted bill!! And all because I was trying to be domesticated!!Had planned to make loads of meals to freeze ready for when baby comes but now have nowhere to put them!

Got my stretch and sweep booked in for next week (urgh!!) but if it helps... Baby is still moving around loads going from breech to transverse to head down. Midwife said he should be settling into final position by now but he is a wriggler!!

Bump still measuring huge so if still big next week, have to have another growth scan.

Hope everyone else is well xxxx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, October 31st 2012, 4:42pm

Hi ladies, have you seen our halloween competition: HALLOWEEN PHOTO COMPETITION

Pets and pumpkin photos.... even bumps decorated as pumpkins!!

Come and have a go :pumpkin:

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 9:06am

Hi girls,

hope your all well and having a good week? Doesn't seem to be many of us left in here!

did anyone do anything for halloween, we didnt I dont really like it! Looking forward to bonfire on saturday though there isa really good one locally which the scouts do and the firework display last year was fab!

McNaught ~ Hope your sweep goes well and gets things started hun, if they havent already!..xx

Dawnie ~ hope you were pleased with your Mothercare delivery, you sound all organised for xmas! What date are you due again?..xx

Amy ~ How are you and your little lady bump doin?..xx

Stinker, Dusky and Wannabe ~ hope your all enjoying being mummies..xx

have a good day everyone!...xxxx

::P

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 9:51am

Hi Shellebelle, just thought I'd pop in and see how you are. Not long for you now hon :thumbsup: how are you feeling?

Thinking of you McNaught...xxxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 12:54pm

:hi: girls

shelle - we're fine thanks.. just had another midwife appt this morning and all well... i'm 30+4 and she is measuring 31 :thumbsup:
everything else fine.. she is head down - has been for months... but is gettin lower and lower.. and the scatica has flared up again :S

finally sorted out my maternity leave too : D
finishing 4 weeks tomorrow, taking 2 weeks annual leave and then start mat leave 17th dec!
having 10 months off in total (8 o)

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 6:29pm

Hi Ladies

It's really quiet in here isn't it - sure it will get busier when some of the second tri come over.

Amy do you know how much your baby girl weighs? mine's 2lb 14oz.......be interested to see how much yours is. 10 months off - yay! and not long till it starts either xxx

Shelle I am having a c section on Jan 7th....... :thumbsup: when are you due?

I didn't do anything for halloween - carved a pumpkin or two but that was about it!
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 6:51pm

Hi Dusky ~ thanks for popping in and checking on us, hope you and your two little girls are all well?..xx

Dawnie ~ I am due 12.12.12 and def wont be going over as they will get me in on or around that date to induce me cos of my GD, may even get taken in at 38 or 39 weeks but will find out plan after 36wk growth scan in a couple of weeks...eeekk! Hope you enjoyed your pumpkin pie and soup?..xx

Amy ~ thats great you got your mat leave all sorted and can finish just in time for xmas how lovely, glad you and LO are doing well..xx

McNaught ~ did your sweep start things??!!..xx

AFM ~ more shopping today only got 3 more xmas presents to get, want to get them all wrapped and cards written and handed out by 1/12!

What has everyone got planned for weekend?..xxxx ;)

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 12:44pm

So jealous of you ladies who will have a baby here by xmas! ::P

Dawnie - at 28 weeks she weighed 2lb4oz ???
I won't know again will I, cos I don't have any more scans :-(

Is there any other way they can tell? :huh:

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: Nil

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 8:02pm

Wannabe - :thumbsup2: bigkiss :congrats: Xxxx well done! Great to hear all went well! X [zx033]

McNaught

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 12:21pm

Hello Ladies

Well, I chickened out of my sweep! I had had two really bad days with vomitting after every meal (not sure why) and really bad back pain in the night so had only had a few hours sleep. Plus hubby was at work so I would be by myself after the sweep which was a scary thought as I was feeling so rough.

Midwife took my blood pressure and it was 90/60 which I would consider pretty low but she didn't seem too bothered. Since I faint whenever I have a smear test, I decided to decline the sweep. Now have to wait for induction on Friday. Can't believe that in a week I might be a mummy!!!

For Halloween we went to a party. I dressed up a a skeleton with a baby skeleton painted over my bump (just tried to insert a pic but didn't work!). Got lots of positive comments. I got the idea off pinterest! Thought the local fireworks would be this weekend but they're not until Monday- might go along and see if the bangs start anything off!

Baby still moving around lots- am worried as he still likes to get into a transverse position but everytime I see the midwife he plays ball and goes head down! I don't think she believed me when I said how much he moves around.

Shellebelle- I am so impressed by your christmas organisation. I am having enough trouble organising the house for LO's arrival!! Going to spend the weekend doing the heavy duty stuff that requires DH to help. Getting old furniture picked up by a charity on Monday but my big to do list is still very long. Have to accept I probably won't get all of it done! Some days I completely lack energy. Others I nest furiously!

Hello to all you other ladies on here

xxxx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 4:48pm

Not long now McNaught :) Will you be at Derriford? My BP was always that and a little lower and they were never fussed, to my surprise...

Love the Sund of your outfit hon :thumbsup: Xxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Monday, November 5th 2012, 1:00pm

:hi: ladies, how are we all ? :)

Tuesday, November 6th 2012, 6:00pm

Hi Amy & gang
All fine with me - just on a major countdown at the moment. How are you?
McNaught how's things going? Bet you cant wait for friday can you!
Shell not long till your growth scan then you'll know roughly when your LO will be here! so exciting!
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 1:12pm

Feeling quite pi$$ed off today to be honest... it doesn't help that I feel ill...

BUT... my boss is being an ar$e this week :-(
He has refused to let me wear jeans in the office... says I'll look like any old tatty herbert off the street :S 8|
But I aint going buying new maternity work wear for the 3 weeks I have left to work! :row:

THEN... we were discussing when someone else in work is due... and someone said, same time as Amy...
And my boss shouts... "Is she as big as Amy?" ... I was gobsmacked!
I was like WTF, thanks for that! :sniff:

He said, well you are big aren't you - is the baby big? I was like ACTUALLY NO SHE IS MEASURING SPOT ON :hairout

So... feel crap today, just wanna go home :tear:

As for baby, she is fine, and had hiccups last night : D

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 2:57pm

Bless you hun, that's no good is it.
Can you get some cheap black trousers from mothercare or something?
HOW RUDE!!!! He needs a smack in the eye doesn't he, so insensitive.

My LO had the hiccups last night too, I couldn't get to sleep cause it was tickling : D
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 4:26pm

Nah chick cos I don't wanna pay for more ... I'll never wear them again :(
Just ordered some cheap leggings off eBay - over the bump so xfingers they'll do??

As for baby - mine far from tickles lol .. she has a right bloody kick to her now!
Just this aft sat at work I could feel a foot sticking out so I went to touch it with my hand and BANG, she booted me really hard. pmsl
I shouted out it took me by that much of a surprise and my manager laughed (not the horrible 1) :D

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 5:25pm

No I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to spend that either.
Good for you - sure they will do the job!

No I'm with you on the kicking - it does bloody hurt - especially when they get you in the ribs! little critters. It's the hiccups that tickle me. Much more gentle. Imagine how hard the kicking is going to be the week before they are born! :8o:

Lol re shouting in your office :D
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

McNaught

Monday, November 19th 2012, 4:44pm

Hello Ladies

Haven't been on here for a while as only just got out of hospital!

I am happy to announce the birth of Dylan Samuel Berry, born 11/11/12 at 4kg! (couldn't find birth announcements thread!)

It was all a little traumatic (although very much worth it). I went on for my induction on the 9th Nov. I had the pessary out in and that night had a few contractions which unfortunately stopped after an hour!
No bed on labour suite the next day so didn't go down for syntocinon until the Sunday morning (so missed out on 10/11/12 birth date!!)
I had an epidural (highly recommended for syntocinon- I could still feel some contractions and they were quite painful) and synto was started on a closed cervix. Once cervix opened a bit I had my waters broken. By 8pm my cervix was 6cm but baby was having a few dips in his heart rate. The Obs doctor came and did a fetal blood test and although it was borderline, he said baby would be a lot sicker if we waited until I was fully dilated so I was taken to theatre immediately for a c section.

I had a spinal on top of the epidural which went a bit high and I was paralysed from a lot higher than I should have been. Horribe feeling and I started panicking.

Baby Dylan was delivered very quickly and healthily just needing a few breaths to help him (although he did cry straight away).

However, when he was pulled out, my uterus and round ligament tore and I lost 3 litres of blood and took 2 hours to repair. I look pretty shocking in the 'new mum' photos!! Luckily my uterus is ok and it shouldn't prevent further pregnancies (although will need elective c sections in future if lucky enough to have successful IVF again)

Stayed in hospital for 5 days needing blood transfusions and pain relief. Couldn't even sit up for two days!

Then Dylan got jaundice because I wasn't producing much milk because of all the blood loss etc. Got sent home on the Thursday then my midwife sent me back the next day because I was still grossly anaemic and needed another two units of blood!

Finally got home Saturday night. Now both Dylan and I are on the mend. Having to supp breast milk with formula though as my milk supply is a few days behind.

Love being a mum though and can't stop staring at my gorgeous son!

Hope the rest of you are all well

McNaught xxx

Monday, November 19th 2012, 5:15pm

Well McNaught firstly massive :congrats: woohoo :weehee: on the birth of your lil man.....
Secondly I am so glad you are on the mend after what sounds like an incredibly traumatic time of it.
Well done you xxxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dawnie" (Nov 19th 2012, 5:16pm)

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 12:02pm

Hi 3rd tri ladies,

not sure how many of us are left, its very quiet on here!?

McNaught ~ HUGE CONGRATS, what a lovely name too hun...hope your both doin well..xx

Dawnie ~ hope you and bump doin ok?

Amy ~ how are you and your liccle princess?..xx

AFM ~ plan is to have a sweep on 4.12 then if that doesnt work being induced on or around 12.12, so not long now....if I had a pound for everytime I hear those words lately I would be one rich lady!!....have a good week ladies..xxxx ;)

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 4:28pm

mcnaught - huge congrats! sounds like a scary scary time but I'm
sure you'd do it all over again for your boy ;) :D

how r the rest of u?

me and princess are fine xfingers
she has hiccups at least twice a day now - no idea why ??
reassures me tho xx

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 6:41pm

Hi Shelle belle & Amy, just us now then?!
Not long for you now shelle, love that we all keep saying that over & over!

Amy mine has hiccups all the time. Apparently they learn the hiccup reflex before they learn the breathing one,so it's normal for them to have hiccups all the time as its one thing they do well! Drives me a bit mad, and I feel sorry for the poor little mite, must be really annoying for them.

I've got the obstetrician & midwife tomorrow, got to have my gtt test, dreading it, I wake up starving so how I'm going to get to 10am nil my mouth I don't know! Thankfully DH coming with me so if I flake out on the train he can rescue me.
XxX

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 7:46am

Dawnie - why do you get the GTT test?
I asked for this bcos I am worried by how much weight iv put on and also cos I have PCOS...
And she said - NOPE, cos my BMI was fine before pg!
You're a right skinny mini too ;)

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 12:16pm

Hi Amy
You ok today? I get the GTT test beacsue I am private - terrible isn't it - they do it as routine at the portland but NHS don't do it unless there is a specific reason apparently (however in your case there is & they still aren't doing it! grrrr so annoying. The NHS frustrates me so much.

Can you see feet & hands yet? I still can't - I can see 'things' moving around, so I'll see a bony lump of something moving across my tummy but no feet prints yet - I am desperate to see a little foot poking out!
Our scan yesterday showed the baby weighing in at 4lb8oz - apparently normal range for 32+4 so all good :thumbsup:
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 12:40pm

Yeah I'm fine today : D
In work, but really really busy so it's all good! :thumbsup:

Finishing this time next week thank the lord! Thats why I am so busy though, as got meetings to hand over work etc and tie loose ends up :rollseyes:

Anyways, hands & feet! ... All I have had is her foot coming out right up near my ribs! I can't physcially see the footprint though (but my boob is in the way) 8|
But I feel it well and truly come out... And I get another hard lump to the right lower down, and I'm thinking she's sticking her bottom out pmsl

Like you though - I want a full on print! ;) ::P

6 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

6 guests