You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 25th 2010

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 3:15pm

Hey all ... sorry I've not been on since my stressful news earlier in the week!

Been so busy with work... and trying to start packing, cleaning and organising paperwork etc... as well as everything for birth (just in case)
Still got stress trying to get our current letting agents to let us leave early - awaiting written confirmation, they are poor via phone and is so frustrating as we know the new landlords have no issue with it all - would love them to be in our situation!! [zx083]

On the plus side hubby is now going to be taking a longer paternity leave (2 weeks rather than one) plus a few extra days for moving etc. Our new landlords at our new place are great - holding the property for us until feb 25th at no cost and they have even thrown in a decoration voucher to help us!! [zx187]

Mima - Spoke to my midwife, she has been very supportive - coming to current home feb 14th just in case baby early to see if can still have here (but unsure I would want to in that scenario) and also visiting new place to make sure it has all emergency access and amenities that it needs. Sorry to hear that you had a b&b at the hospital - I hope you are feeling better now! You must be getting so excited - only 6 days to go! (Cannot believe I will be moving house at that point!)

Daezil - Thanks for the advice re. the move - I am trying my hardest not to do too much but because I want everything sorted now I am finding it difficult not to! I don't plan to be carrying anything on the day tho, will prob have to keep up the cleaning but plan to be more of a facilitator and unpacker! Got my MIL coming to help me to and we get along great so thats a great help. FIL is helping hubby with van and moving furniture etc to keep costs down. I was thinking about your twinges, could be a trapped nerve! I get that when baby is lying funny.

Blessing! Only a week... hope your holding up ok!

Shorty - Always lovely to hear of others having a homebirth - I've visited all the local hospitals and so I now have a back up in place but hubby seems to think he will ensure I can still have my homebirth and has become very supportive, he knows how much I want it! :give_heart: .. Its the guarentee of water at home too, don't want to have to fight for the pool in hospital :snigger: ...as for your iron tablets, can you not have an injection. I have p.anaemia so prob different for me but I have regular injections every 3 months and my levels are now really high.

Lovely - Hope your feeling better :hugs:

xx xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

Reg: May 12th 2007

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 8:42pm

Hi all

My babies have arrived, born by c-section on thursday at just 34wks+2 due to pre-eclampsia and a drop off in growth rate.

A beautiful daughter Emilia (3lb 1oz) and son Taylor (4lb 2oz)

Both babies in neonatal unit but well and healthy and unassisted breathing.

Sadly I am in coronary care unit with heart failure. It has all been very shocking and emotional but my condition is now stable.
Babies are everything to get better for and neonatal have brougt them over to see me which has been wonderful. They are so precious.
Xxxxx

IUI-Mar07 / IVF-Jul07 / FET-Jan08 / IVF-May09 - ALL BFN
IVF-Jun10 - :BFP:

emz

Ace

Reg: Jun 18th 2009

Children: i will be a mummy! xx

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 11:09am

:laugh: hi there lovely ladies and precious bumps

room for one more 3rd Trimmy??

im so excited im writing on this thread high5

Congrats Gordie, i hope you feel better soon and your son and daughter are growing strong lurve

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:dust: please stay little one :sticky: :BFP:
7 week scan sept 3rd- 1 :heart: seen
9 weeks 4 days Sept 20th- 1 perfect baby sucking its thumb
12 week scan (early)
20 week scan Dec 1st - bab22

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 7:41pm

Dear Geordie,

I am so sorry to hear of your hospital admission and wish you a speedy recovery, sounds so scary! :cuddle

But.. :congrats: On the birth of your beautiful baby girl and boy.. I hope they continue to grow strong and healthy!

The whole thing must have been such a shock to you and dh, sending you lots and lots of love xx xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: One beautiful son

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 7:57pm

:rainbow:starsmile HALL OF DUE DATES 2011 starsmile:rainbow:

JANUARY

FEBRUARY
1. Mima08 - 4/2
2. Blessings - 5/2
3. Aramass - 12/2
4. Danielle - 12/2
5. Tiggs - 13/2
6. Kimby - 14/2
7. Lovely - 16/2
8. Babybump - 28/2

MARCH
1. Luckysmb - 7/3
2. Mrs Harper - 7/3
3. Wishing and Hoping - 21/3
4. BeeS - 25/3
5. Emma24 - 29/3

APRIL
1. BraveGirl - 6/04

:congrats: baby2 OUR LOVELY MOTHERS OF 2011 baby2 :congrats:

JANUARY
1. Vstelfox - 9/01 [ Dominic ] :boy:
2. DramaQueen 10/01 :boy: :boy:
3. Mollie61 11/01 :girl:
4. Geordie 27/01 :girl: :boy:

MY DIARY

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 8:24pm

Hi All.

Welcome Emz. Hope you make your self right at home...

Congrats on the birth of your beautiful babies....So happy to hear that they are both stable and breathing on their own. Sorry to hear the condition you are in atm though, hope you get well soon. Thinking of you, hope you and babies can go home soon. XxXx

Mrs Harper. Poor you babes, sounds like you've got lots on your hands at the minute, I hope you get it all done soon. Good luck with the moving etc, and thats nice to hear your DH will be taking extra time off to spend with your lil, least he's making up for not getting the jobs done around the house lool. My DH has managed to complete one of the things I have asked him to do since god knows when.

Shorty: Hi, sorry to hear about your SPD I know what thats like, mines not as bad now though. Speak to your MW about it but she will refer yout to a pysio and I must it doesn't really help much to be quite honest. It must be harder for you too since you've got kids to run after all the time. Perhaps you could try asking your DR to change your iron tablets, thats what I done, the one they gave me before was awful I just got a diff one which my body seems to be ok with. And thanks....I hope he arrives tonight hehehe

Hello to anyone I forgot to mention.....Hope you're doing well.

Take care, much love

XXXXXXX

MY DIARY

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 8:41pm

Mrs Harper....

I just seen your scan pics, they are so lush so beautiful. Aaaaw bless her, bet you can't wait to meet her :)

xxxx

MY DIARY

Reg: Jun 14th 2010

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 8:46pm

Hi Geordie

OMG - you have had your babies, congratulations to you and your partner.

Sorry that your little ones have arrived under traumatic circumstances but it sounds like they are doing really well. I hope you make a speedy recovery and that you are all home together asap. Take it easy :cuddle x
2009: 2 X ICSI - BFN
June 2010: ICSI - :BFP:
EDD - 14 March 2011

Reg: Nov 9th 2009

Children: Eibhlin born 20th Feb 2011

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 8:56pm

Geordie - Congratualtions on the birth of your little boy & girl and I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are fighting fit soon.

Blessings - I seem to have disappeared from the Due Date List. My due date is 9th Feb. Can you add me back on blowkiss

I am feeling great today. DH was adament I was going to give birth this weekend. His sister had said to look out for sudden bursts of energy and yesterday I couldnt sit still and wouldnt stop talking where normally I like to relax on the sofa and no energy to talk! But had no signs so back to work tomorrow until last day wednesday!

Hope everyone else is doing well and had a nice relaxing weekend

:xxx3: :xxx3:

Me 30 DH 35 -TTC 5 Years
1st ever Natural :BFP: May 09 - Ectopic - Tube Removal
1st IVF Jan 10 :BFN:
2nd IVF May 10 :BFP:

MY DIARY

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 9:07pm

Hi all

Wow - Blessings you have days to your due date and not weeks, how exciting. It sounds like you are the most organised person on the planet so I bet if you get to your EDD you will be paceing - bless ya! On the subject of what brings it on - you know what they say - hot bath, hot curry and a bit of hot hows your father!!:teehee:

If none of that appeals, maybe some raspberry tea!!!

Shorty - hats off to you, not sure how you are coping so well. I am struggling running around after one toddler let alone 2. I hope you are not in too much pain with your SPD. I love the small amount of time I get to myself once dd has gone to bed. By the evening I am toast!!

Emz - welcome to 3rd Tri - you are on the home run now! yippeee!

Mrs Harper - pleased to hear you have moving help. When we moved when I was preggers I got a hernia (not saying that to freak you as it was a very rare hernia for a woman to get anyway) but just take it easy.

Lovely - sorry to hear about your pain, thats not good. I seem to be shuffling to the toilet all night at the moment. Not long to go for you now either.

Tiggs, Mima, Wishing, Platinum, Babybump, Tessalina and everyone else hanging out in the 3rd tri - hope you are all feeling well.

AFM - :tonguestretch: xxx
EDD - 14 March 2011

Reg: Oct 29th 2009

Children: 1DD aged 13 1DS aged 2

Monday, January 31st 2011, 8:17am

Sorry for being a moaning minny girls :)
Geordie congratulations on the birth of you babys, hope your all fit and home soon xx
Hope everyone els is ok.
AFM Consultant appointment in the morning to discuss possible c section. So today im going to catch up on the washing repack my hospital bag and make the most of eating lots of choccies. :D
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
ICSI Sept :BFP: Miscarriage @ 8 weeks :bawl:
ICSI May/June Single ET :BFP:
FET June/July 13 ???

Monday, January 31st 2011, 9:59pm

:rainbow:starsmile HALL OF DUE DATES 2011 starsmile:rainbow:

JANUARY

FEBRUARY
1. Mima08 - 4/2
2. Blessings - 5/2
3.Tessalina - 9/2
4. Aramass - 12/2
5. Danielle - 12/2
6. Tiggs - 13/2
7. Kimby - 14/2
8. Lovely - 16/2
9. Babybump - 28/2

MARCH
1. Luckysmb - 7/3
2. Mrs Harper - 7/3
3. Wishing and Hoping - 21/3
4. BeeS - 25/3
5. Emma24 - 29/3

APRIL
1. BraveGirl - 6/04

:congrats: baby2 OUR LOVELY MOTHERS OF 2011 baby2 :congrats:

JANUARY
1. Vstelfox - 9/01 [ Dominic ] :boy:
2. DramaQueen 10/01 :boy: :boy:
3. Mollie61 11/01 :girl:
4. Geordie 27/01 :girl: :boy:

MY DIARY

Monday, January 31st 2011, 10:22pm

Hi All

Tessalina. Sorry about that, I've added you back to the HOF now. Goodluck babe, like me I hope that lil one comes pretty soon. I know the feeling your just 4 days behind me, I'm excited to see which one of us will go first lol

Can everyone else please check that your dates are still on the HOF and let me know if it isn't so that I can re-add you. Thanks.

Daezil. :snigger: you got me blushing now for saying I must be the most organised person on the planet :snigger: Yaaay, I know I can't believe I've only got 5 days left till I'm due, xfingers he'll be here before or on the day. Oh, and I have tried all those things but none has worked so far, might have to try the raspberry tea, infact will buy some tomorrow. Thanks. :) How are things with your self though hun.?

AFM: Not much to report to be honest, part from waiting patiently for lil ones arrival any day now, or should I say im-patiently.? Lmao Went out to today and did abit of shopping and browsing in the shops. Bought a few nice things for my bedroom to make it look nice for when baby comes.

Started getting some pains yesterday, they were coming on strong but was quite far apart the contractions, they stopped after a couple of hours though....So I guess thats a start ( hopefully ) was so disappointed when they stopped. :( I did call my Mum to let her know to kinda wish I didn't as she came straight over and stayed till it was late, and I guess baby didn't like the audience pains stopped when she got here hehehe

Ok girls...Speak soon, off now. Gonna put me feet up and relax with DH before he falls asleep, which won't be long lmao

Take care

xxxxxxxxxx

MY DIARY

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 8:59am

Hi Everyone,
I wasn't too sure whether to move over at the start or end of my 28th week so thought I'd occupy both forums this week! Can't believe I'm here already and as I'm being induced at 38 weeks (GD) I only have 10 weeks to go!
Good luck to everyone about to go pop, it really is the most amazing experience, I still cry whenever I think about the first few hours with my DS.
Caz
xx
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Reg: Dec 10th 2009

Children: I have been blessed with my beautiful daughter Grace.

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 6:33pm

Hi everyone

Congratulations to all who have had their babies.

Hi Caz welcome to the third trimester.

Has anyone else been watching one born every minute? I've managed to scare myself senseless lol but still can't stop watching.

Good luck for all those due soon. Hope babas don't keep you waiting too long.

Xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wishing & hoping" (Feb 1st 2011, 6:34pm)

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 7:52pm

Hi all,
Blessing hope your doing ok?
Caz hope the next 10 weeks fly by.
Wishing its been scarying the daylights out of DH, but your right its must watch TV.
AFM had a sweep today. No much happening though. A few twinges. If this dosent work were booked in for a section on the 8th. So no more than 6 days to go.
Hope your all doing ok xxx
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
FET June/July 13 ???

Reg: May 17th 2010

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 8:02pm

Hi Everyone!

Wow, it's been busy on here again!

Geordie, Congratulations on the birth of your son and daughter! I hope you recover quickly and get to take them home soon!
I hope everyone else is doing well... this waiting is soooooo frustrating!

AFM, baby is still breech, but growing well, so I have been booked in for a c- section on 17 Feb, which is also my hubby's birthday!!!!! EEEEEEEEEK!!! (Unless the baby turns that is, which seems quite unlikely at this stage) It still doesn't feel real though, it will probably only hit me when I am holding him in my hands! :faint: I can't wait!

I hope you are all coping well with everything!

Good luck with the move Mrs H! I hope you still manage to have the homebirth!
Daezil (8 o) , glad to hear you're doing well!

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 8:39pm

Hi girls!

Sorry been off and on like a yoyo recently!

I haven't been at work yet this week, everything was getting on top of me and stress of moving, phone calls & letters re. finance issues, work and general worries about bump size was all a bit much.
My dh was great and called in for me Monday morning and yester for today, I am considering taking tomorrow too. The rest seems to have done me wonders - baby much more active and I've managed to have a good sleep and caught up on food and drink etc. Feel so much better for the rest but worried you prob all think bad of me for taking a few days :/ Think my maternity leave date has been over ambitious and by taking these few days is the only way that I think I will see it through to the end!

Blessings. Thanks for your lovely comments on my scan pics, I really loved looking at your bump pics too, they look very professional! You made me roll around with laughter when I saw your comments about trying all the bits n bobs to induce your labour naturally! hehe .... Have you had any niggles yet? :snigger:

Daezil. Thanks for the hernia advice! I am trying v hard not to do too much!

Welcome Caz! Nice to see you again :)

Wishing & Hoping. Know what you mean re. one born every min! I just can't help myself! The cord incident in last weeks gave me nightmares! Hubby tells me off for watching it but then he sits and watches it intently too!!

Lovely. Didn't realise they want your baby out early - hope your ok hun xx

Babybump. Thanks for your thoughts on our move, my few days of additional rest have helped me to take a step back and breath but I won't bore you with the ongoing stresses with contracts and annoying estate agaents!! Just keeping fingers crossed it will all work so that we don't have to pay 2 rental fees in March, just seems so unfair.

Hope all of you ladies are well and I really hope that I have not missed anyone!!

Love to you all xx xx [zx127]

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Tiggs

Star

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: Two precious baby girls thanks to ICSI! XXX

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 10:07pm

Hey everyone,

Geordie - congrats again on the arrival of your babies. I hope you are all doing well and are home soon.

Mrs Harper - so sorry to hear of all the hassle you are having right now - not what you need. You have done the right thing by calling in sick - you and the baby come first and you need to do what feels right for you both so if time out and rest is needed, make sure you get it. Take it easy and don't rush back to work.

W&H - I watch One Born Every Minute too and love it! It can be scary but I think it helps me to prepare too if that makes sense?!

Blessings, Mima - not long now! Hope you are both okay.

Babybump - sorry your baby is breech, hoping he/she turns but if not, at least you know your baby will be here by 17th and can look forward to that date.

Lovely - 8th Feb - not long!

Hi to Caz, Daezil, Tess and everyone else I've missed.

Not much to report from me. Relaxing but keeping busy too and eagerly awaiting baby's arrival! Started drinking raspberry leaf tea and been using my gym ball every night so hoping that will do something! Had the MW on Friday and all is well and she reckons baby is 3/5 engaged, which is a good sign! Back at the Consultant on 9th, then the MW again on 15th, which is past my due date. How often is everyone seeing their MW now? Is it only weekly after your due date? Hope baby doesn''t keep us hanging on too long! Just can't wait for her to be here now!

Take care all and keep well.

xxxxx

TTC 6yrs
ICSI Jul 09 OHSS :-(
FET Oct 09:BFN: :-(
FET Jan 10:BFN: :-(
ICSI Jun 10:BFP: precious DD born Feb 11 : D
FET Oct-Jan 12/13 chemical pregnancy ;(
ICSI Jul 13:BFP: :)

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 10:27pm

Hey Tiggs,

Thanks so much for your support. I'm looking to take tomorrow as well, will aim to go back thurs and fri (fri is a half day as I have ppa in the pm so although I'll be at work I'll be free of the children). Then next week is a full week with Wednesday afternoon out at the midwife and then the week after is a 4 day week as I have the Monday at home for a MW home visit. Makes the last remaining weeks seem bearable!

You must be getting so excited about meeting your lil lady now! I am really excited for you! This weekend I just had a good think about what my priorities were and went with it!! Baby, hubby and rest! .. Hope your resting up too xx xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Reg: Jun 11th 2010

Children: no.

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 10:56pm

HI Girlies,

I haven't been around much but how much has happened!!!

Geordie, Congrats on the birth of Emilia and Taylor, sorry to hear of your problems but hope you are all ok and home together soon.x

Emz, hi and welcome. Hope pregnancy suits you. What is your due date? Do you know what your having etc?

Tessalina, not long now. All i can say is wow, you finally finish tomorrow but you will be 39 weeks by then, that is absolutely marvelous! Hope you get a bit of time to relax before the baba arrives.

Daezil, Hello you, how are you doing?? How is the pregnancy going??

Blessing, can you please add me to HOF - 12/03/11. Hope your contractions start again soon, typicall that it starts and stops after your mum arrives, you must have made it far too comfy for the little one in there hehe!!

Caz, Hi and welcome. not long to go now then, ten weeks and counting, yeh!! Hope everything goes ok. Do you know what your having?

Amanda, What are you like, watching one born every minute. I know what is coming but don't want to watch it! You are so brave.

Lovely, I hope the sweep encourages a bit of movement, if not it won't be long to wait. Fingers crossed for you.

Babybump, 17th Feb, that is soooo close. I hope your baby turns but as long as your both ok that is all that matters.

Mrs Harper, Sorry you are feeling down and tired, a few days off is probably what you need. When do you finish work? Do you think work would let you to finish early??

Hi Tiggs, hopefully not too long to go now. I am not due yet but am having scans every other week, MW every other week and Consultants every 4 weeks which basically means i have an appointment a week. As long as they are looking after you both and hopefully she will make and appearance soon.

AFM, well the nursery is finally finished, cotbeds come on Friday so can't wait for it all to be complete. I finish work on Friday and will be 35 weeks, i am sooo tired, my iron levels are still low but hoping they will be better when i get my bloods done next week. the twinnies are taking a lot out of me so i am hoping i get a week or so before they make an appearance. I still need to clean the house so will hopefully get it done this weekend so i can just relax. We have decided not to go ahead with the stem cell collection, its very expensive and we can't really afford. Other than that i am just waiting!!

Hope everyone is ok.

Jayxx
TTC 3years
Icsi ET 24th June-2 embies back (1 frozen)
7th July :BFP:
19th Oct scan- A baby girl and a baby boy [zx076] [zx076]
Ethan Craig and Kiera Christine Jarvis born 1st march 2011.
Jayxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 9:45am

Hey Jay,

Finish work feb 28th but week b4 is half term so technically il be off from fri 17th.. Then packing to move!
In hindsight wish maternity leave had started beginning of this month but only 2 days to do this week and then 9 days overall after that so not too bad!

Least the ends in sight!!

Think 35 weeks would have been ideal time to start mat leave, you def have the best idea!!

Xx xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 5:37pm

Hi mrs harper, you will be finishing before u know it! Yes with hindsight I would probably have finished last week as well, working 5 days a week lugging two babas around has done me in but I am nearly there now. To think I was going to try to make it to 37 weeks before going off, consultant said I will be lucky to get that far so hoping I manage to get at least a week off before they arrive but am just so uncomfy and tired now that I hope it's not too long!

Are you still planning a homebirth?

Jayxx
TTC 3years
Jayxx

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 4:35pm

Hi girls hope your all keeping ok.
Well the sweep did naff all :-( . So i've had my pre-op assesment today, they took bloods and told me evrything that would be happening. Its all going to be so diffrent from my emergency one 10 years ago. Mums coming to stay on Sunday to help look after DD and DH. But I should only be in for a few days xfingers
:cuddle
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
FET June/July 13 ???

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 8:46pm

Hey girlies... :faint: .... Got some good news today! Managed to get out of our current contract early ... so all my stress and ranting at our letting agents (daily..lol) has paid off!! wooooo hooooo! Now only have to pay for our new place in March!! ...Contract here will end Feb 27th and we are moving into new place feb 25th! Still very close to due date but at least we have got out of the 'no break' contract and can now put the money we would have lost by paying for two properties into to putting white goods in the new place and finishing the baby shopping! :) ...lol, then guess I'll have to keep my legs crossed and hope our baby doesn't come early! :snigger:

Jay - Still hoping for a homebirth but will depend if baby tries to come early (hopefully not - with the move etc!) and whether our new place can feel like 'home' in only 7 nights! lol ...hubby thinks he is going to manage it for me (which I think is really sweet) but he will only have the evenings after work and not sure how realistic that is! ....Looking into my water pool hire tho (which is exciting.. as making it all very real!) ...and have the midwife appointment to confirm if the building is fit for emergency access on 14th feb, so xfingers it will all work out!! Are you going for homebirth?? Can't believe I will be 37 weeks + 5 when I start my mat leave.... crazyness!!

Lovely - Sorry to hear the sweep didn't do you the justice you wanted but hoping you have a good op and safe delivery of your lil bundle xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Friday, February 4th 2011, 12:00am

Hi lovely, sorry the sweep hasn't worked, it's plan b then so not long to go. Glad u have got plenty of support and good luck.

Mrs harper, goodluck with the move and I hope it all turns out ok so you can have the birth you want. I'm not having a homebirth, they don,'t recommend them with twins, to be honest they don't recommend much with twins. Want to try to have a vaginal birth and only have the epidural if they think I may need a c section so going to try gas and air unless it's too painful, only want a c section as a last resort, everyone seems very wary with twins and the words epidural and c section get said a lot!! Anyway I will do whatever is necessary for all our safety I just don't want anyone assuming we can't do it naturally without us having a go unless of course it's too dangerous.

Afm, had another scan again today, couldn't see baby boys head as it's too low down but he is fine. baby girl has a full head of hair, she is head down now so she may be putting up a fight with her brother for who arrives first, lol! I have a consultants appointment on Tuesday and am going to ask if they will try to start me off at 37/38 weeks if I haven't gone in by then as I am really uncomfortable and in quite bit of pain already. Both babies are apparently average baby size which shocked me a bit as I expected them to be a bit on the smaller side but apparently I am carrying round 2 35 week sized babies as well as all the accessories which explains the back that feels like snapping, the swollen lady bits from all the pressure and the unrelenting indigestion!! It will all be worth it when we get to meet them, just hope I don't have a couple of 7-8 pounders, all I can think is ouch hehe!!

Anyway, better try to get a bit more shut eye.

Jayxx
TTC 3years
Jayxx

Friday, February 4th 2011, 9:21pm

Hi all

Lovely - will be keeping my beady eye on here to see your news. Soz you are having to play the waiting game - must be frustrating. But sounds like just hours away now until you get to meet your new addition. All the best.

Jay - good to hear from you. Gosh - you must be tired, I know I am and I am only carrying 1 bundle of joy! Did you say you finish work next week? You probably really need to get your pins up, watch some telly, read a magazine anything that requires you to be horizontal. Let us know how you get on with the Consultant.

Mrs Harper - glad things seem to be looking up for you, that eases the pressure a bit for you doesnt it. Things normally sort out in the end. I hope you are not too worn out with all the stress, packing and working!!

Blessings - was wondering if you may be under way today. Hope all is well with you. x

Wishing and Tiggs - I am glued to One Born even thought MW advised against it. I must admit when it gets a bit graphic I am kinda looking through my fingers as I wimp out. At the end of the day they are gonna show the horrendous ones as it makes good telly! That opera singer was hilarious!

Geordie - I hope you are home now and you are feeling better. :cuddle

AFM - Nothing exciting to report, although sure I got my first round of Braxton Hicks Monday night which made me a little nervous as my dh was in the process of driving 4 hours away and staying away over night! The good thing was that it prompted me into packing my hosp bag. Waiting for spare room to get carpeted next weekend so that I hope within the next 3 weeks rooms, cots and beds etc will be in the right rooms and all ready!!! I was supposed to have an ante natal class particularly on labour/breathing techniques which got cancelled which was a bit annoying. Although I have a dd I had to have an elective c-section last time so not even had a contraction. So from a labour point of view I am a first time mum. Nature has already started waking me up at random times of the night which makes me feel it is all getting closer ( I remember that from first pregnancy). Is anyone else suffering with lack of sleep - it doesnt seem right that we have to suffer sleep dep before the LO even arrives ! My dd keeps waking up and getting into bed with me aswell and I am sure she is just checking that I am still here!!

I hope y'all feeling all right. Has anyone found any good deals on tens rental??

:xxx:
EDD - 14 March 2011

Friday, February 4th 2011, 10:24pm

Hi daezil,

Yes I have been suffering with sleep deprevation for a while now, I get up about 3 times a night and its a military operation to get in and out of bed so I end up awake for about half an hour a time and then most of the time I am up between 5.30-6.30 for work. I finished work today for mat leave so should have more time for snoozing before the babas make an appearance. I have had braxten hicks as well on and off for the last week at least I think that's what it is.

Hope your rooms all get sorted out, our nursery is finally finished and the cotbeds look so cute. I have also sorted out my hospital bags, it doesn't half make it all real!!!

I hope u get everything sorted out so you can relax. I am assuming your due date is the 12th march the same as mine, how quick has it all gone since the jellybean days!!!

Hope ur ok and let me know how ur getting on.

Jayxx
TTC 3years
Jayxx

Friday, February 4th 2011, 10:48pm

Hi Jay

Oh my word you are getting up loads too! I was wide awake 2 - 4 the other night, just turned light off to try and go back to sleep when dd got up!! aaaaarrrgghhhhhh!!

Glad you have gone on Mat leave - I have a week to go but only part time anyhow. I am hoping to have one morning (while dd is at nursery) to chill out. Ready to stop now although keep doing extra shifts as want the extra wonga. My edd is 14 March - not sure how we ended up with different days but the Monday was my EC day so I always took it from that Monday then. Presuming you may be early though eh with 2 bambinos? Yeah agreed now feels like it has come round quick, the 2nd tri dragged a bit. I knew once Crimbo was out of the way it would fly by. Still cant believe it some days that a baby is going to be here soon then I look at my tummy and well believe it!

xxx
EDD - 14 March 2011

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 12:18pm

Oh yes it's definitely real now. I just go off the date that the dating scan gave me at the hospital that's probably why our dates are different because my ec was the same Monday as you I think. I know we both had the anxious wait together waiting for our jellybeans to get all comfy cosy, luckily they did and look where we are now.

I am going to see if they will induce me at 37/38 weeks when I go to the consultants just cause of the pain I'm in but will have to wait and see, you never know they may want to get out earlier than that!

Anyway, let me know how ur getting on and good luck with the decorating.

Jayxx
TTC 3years
Jayxx

Kimby

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 12:27pm

:hi: Hey everyone, thought I had better post here seeing I only have 9 days to go! I come here and read all your posts every day but jkus havn't posted myself.

I am amazed at how lots of you are still working, I honestly don't know how ytou are doing it. I have just been totally exhausted since about 28 weeks.

Have been vry lucky though with everything else, have had no problems what so ever during this pg.

I am also awake lots during the night now too. Oh and the Braxton hicks are coming more often and getting a lot stronger. My bump changes to a really weird shape when I get them...freaks me out!!

I have the nursery almost finished but I think anything else that needs to be done will just have to wait till baby arrives. I have started leaving little baby things covered with baby powder all over the house too....trying to get my doggies used to the new smell that'll be here shortly!!

It might help me realise a baby is coming ... :snigger:

Hope you all have a lovely weekend...xx

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 12:59pm

Hey girlies.. [zx127]

Jay.. Really hoping you get your try at your natural birth, make sure you fight for it and get them to give you a medical reason for c-section/epidural intervention if your reluctant to have it! .. however, hope if you do decide you want to be induced early they let you so that your no longer in pain. You must be getting really excited to meet your lil bundles now! I can't believe how close we all are to the end! ..I really envy your mat leave but then I'm shattered with one so god knows how your getting on with 2!!

Daezil .. I'm with you with regards to your lack of sleep, I just can't switch off! Then I'm up every 5 mins for the loo :/
Yesterday I had really uncomfortable low pressure, like period pain that would come and go. Also tightening of bump and not much baby movement which worried me but then when I'm working guess I can't really notice the movement as much as I'm on the go with lil ones. I felt sorry for my dh yester as I came home from work in a really irritable mood and couldn't snap out of it! Ended up falling asleep on him at 8pm, then woke up nr 1am.. Went to bed and was awake much of night. Baby is more wriggly today tho. Wondering if yester was my first experience of braxton hicks.

Kimby - only 9 days!! How exciting !! You sound so organised. Just hope we can pull it off with the move etc.

My boss really made me angry at work yester, I told her I have 2 more ante natal appointments in my remaining fortnight at work. She then snapped and said 'that's why you should have gone on maternity leave earlier, never let anyone go this long before.. When I was pregnant I had to leave 11 weeks b4 and I took my antenatal appointments in My lunch hr.. I chose the times and said no if I was working' my deputy then laughed at me. I was so cross.. I don't have the luxury of choosing times, I pointed out that the first appointment is Wednesday afternoon and with 3 other members of staff in my class that afternoon don't even require cover and no one will notice I'm missing! That that is the only time my midwife is at my GP surgery clinic and I thought was one of the most convenient days to go without causing too much disruption .. That the second one is the Monday of the final week and unfortuently it's a waiting game of sitting in from 9-1pm as midwife can't specify time but visit has to take place to finalise homebirth prep and assess emergency access. She then snapped again and said 'I thought you weren't having a homebirth, how ridiculous doing that at a new home' - I mean how dare she dictate to me my birth plan!! I pointed out that I was more than happy to leave earlier but believed she didn't have cover for me to do so.. I wrote the letter to her back in October - why didn't she say at that point that she thought it was over ambitious? So so cross as not once has she given me choice to leave early or even suggested it, I'm only working so late to do her a favour! Iv now got to try and get back the Monday afternoon of final week too as she only approved am and is such a joke! Anyway, sorry to bore you all with my rant but needed to get that off my chest!! I'm so exhausted and can't be dealing with her being so ungrateful .. [zx011]

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 1:35pm

:hi: All,

Room for another one? Actually reached the third trimester on Tuesday and had planned to post on here then, but the same day both DH and I were given advance notice of redundancy so not been a good week :tear: Everything seems unreal at the moment - can't believe I am here in the third trimester but at the same time being made redundant. I am trying to stay strong for baby as that's THE most important thing.

Fairly organised and have bought over 90% of what we think we need (which is probably too much anyway :snigger: ). Into our NCT classes now and those are going really well. Our nursery furniture arrives next Saturday so DH is busy finishing off the nursery decorating.

Will catch up with all your news and look forward to sharing these last few weeks with you all.

xx

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 2:59pm

Hi All...

Just to let you know that my gorgeous son made his entrance to the world on the 3rd of February at 11.10am weighing a healthy 7lb.9oz. I just came home from the hospital. Baby is nice and healthy and feeding well on breast....He is just adorable can't stop staring at him.

Will come back with full details when I get a chance, going to wake baby as he's due his feed soon.

Sorry everyone no personals and didn't get a chance to ready anyones messages.

Bye for now take care

XxX

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 3:03pm

:congrats: Blessings!

I was just wondering if this was the case!

Sounds like a beautiful baby boy! Great to hear your both doing well :)

Love to you all xx xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 3:08pm

Congratulations Blessing. Looking forward to your birth story bab22
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
FET June/July 13 ???

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 4:12pm

Hi ladies,

Blessings congratulations on the your new arrival, I thought as much because you haven't been around!! :congrats: .

Mrs harper, just ignore her, it's pathetic and it's unethical to give you such a hard time. At the end of the day you are entitled legally to go to any appointments necessary and she has no right to make you feel bad and can't tell you you have to be back by the afternoon if it means you don't get to see your midwife. The only way you can be made to finish early is if you go off ill within the last 4 weeks of your due date. I would tell her that you are quite happy to finish now if she is happy to accept it, other than that I would let her know that you have a legal right to attend the appointments and if there is s problem maybe it should be dealt with higher up the chain. I would have a word with your hr dept off the record if you don't want to make it formal just to put ur mind at rest. If u can't be bothered with all that just ignore her as you don't have long left.x

Hi Nikki and welcome. Sorry to hear your really crappy news, I assume you are further on than 25 weeks so one very very small consolation is that they will have to pay you your full statutory maternity pay. Has yours and dh redundancy date been set? Hopefully dh will get a new job asap but still not what you need at this stage. Hope the nursery is coming along nicely, we finally got our furniture up yesterday and it's soooo cute, it all feels much more real now. Try to keep your chin up chick, hopefully it will all be alright. Do you know what your having and your dd?x

Hope everyone is ok.

Jayxx
TTC 3years
Jayxx

Kimby

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 4:17pm

:congrats: So happy you have your little boy Blessings...can't wait to see pics...x

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 5:31pm

:congrats: Blessings :) Hope you are both well x
ICSI 07/10:BFP: bab11
FET 02/13:BFP:mc
FET 07/13:BFP:mc
ICSI 06/14:BFP: bab10
thanks Liverpool womens for 2 beautiful children!

Reg: May 9th 2009

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 5:59pm

Blessings: Your post has made me feel really emotional! I just remember you and I getting our BFPs at the start of June...sniff. Congratulations love, I know how much you've wanted this and for how long. Well done and love to you and little Kaleb who I bet is GORGEOUS!
Me: 37 Him: 42
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
:BFP: 10th June.
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 2:54pm

Afternoon ladies hope your all well.
Well Dh and I spent last night up a the maternity unit. I had a show and they asked me to come in and have a trace done. i was found to be having contactions every 3 min and I was 3 cm dialated!! Woo hoo we thought I would get my natural delivery. But the boy has other ideas, cause at 4am it all stopped!! So im now back at home feeling slightly fed up. On the plus side midwife said there is a good chance I could be back before Tuesday xxx xfingers xfingers
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
FET June/July 13 ???

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 3:07pm

Hello you lovely ladies!!!

I hope you're all going to get posting on the Birth Announcement thread so we can keep a record of all the FZ babies!!!!

Hope all bumps and Mummies are well!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Nov 9th 2009

Children: Eibhlin born 20th Feb 2011

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 5:43pm

:congrats: starsmile :congrats:

Congrats Blessings. Hope you and baba are doing well.

Take care

:xxx3: :xxx3:

Me 30 DH 35 -TTC 5 Years
1st ever Natural :BFP: May 09 - Ectopic - Tube Removal
1st IVF Jan 10 :BFN:
2nd IVF May 10 :BFP:

MY DIARY

Tiggs

Star

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: Two precious baby girls thanks to ICSI! XXX

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 7:19pm

Congratulations Blessings! Wonderful news! I did wonder if you had had your little one! Glad all is well. Look forward to hearing your birth story! Take care and enjoy every minute!

:congrats:

TTC 6yrs
ICSI Jul 09 OHSS :-(
FET Oct 09:BFN: :-(
FET Jan 10:BFN: :-(
ICSI Jun 10:BFP: precious DD born Feb 11 : D
FET Oct-Jan 12/13 chemical pregnancy ;(
ICSI Jul 13:BFP: :)

Reg: May 12th 2007

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 7:36pm

:party: Many Congratulations Blessings! Well Done!!!!

I am now home, the twins are still in Neonatal but doing fantastically well. Taylor is in a crib and holding his own temperature and Emilia finally in a crib and on a heat pad. Both are now taking alternative feeds between a bottle and a nasal tube. Sadly I can't breastfeed with the amount of medication I'm on and I'm too weak but have accepted it now (after lots of tears) and happier to see them suckling on a bottle now. Hopefully they'll be home in a couple of weeks. Can't wait for that day!!!!

IUI-Mar07 / IVF-Jul07 / FET-Jan08 / IVF-May09 - ALL BFN
IVF-Jun10 - :BFP:

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 8:36pm

happydance Blessings - woo hoo!! I knew it.I came on here tonight to check up on you! Congratulations on your bundle of joy. Hope you are not too tired. Sending love to you and yours xxxbaby7
EDD - 14 March 2011

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 9:10pm

Hi all

Nikki - welcome to 3rd tri and so sorry to hear about your redundancies. My dh (after taking vol redundancy last year) was out of work for a while and it is a worry. He started a new job a couple of weeks ago - Thank God!! Sure something will come up, try not to stress about it. Focus on the good stuff x (easier said I know)

Kimby - nice to hear from you. Only days to go for you then - you must believe its happening now!! All the best.

Mrs Harper - sounds like your boss is being well unreasonable. You may as well get signed off! What right has she got to dictate what kind of birth you want anyways - How Rude!!! So for the sake of 2 appointments she would have preferred you to leave earlier, thats ridiculous.Maybe her mouth was running ahead of her brain. I dont know how you kept your cool though 88)

Sounds like you have been having the old braxton hicks! I hope you are ok, one more week to go and then hopefully you can rest a little before move and baby!

Lovely - how exciting, but I guess frustrating too that it all stopped. Any moment now for you then. xxfingers

Jay - yeah same for me they calculated a diff date at scan but once I said there was no doubt about day of conception they always stuck to original dd. Hope your appointment goes well and you get the outcome that you want.It doesnt seem like that long ago we were symptom spotting on the 2ww!!

AFM - I can feel a rant coming on - sorry dont normally. not a lot to report - tired, ratty and feeling well sick. Went out to just buy paint for spare room today and got dragged around 4 shops. Now have to listen to how tired dh is and how many hours he has been decorating this afternoon. I didnt sit down until 8pm but I think I am supposed to be really grateful and feel guilty that I was sat down while he was still painting.I wish he could be pregnant for a day!! :row: Gaviscon is my best friend today!!

Love to all and take it easy

:xxx:
EDD - 14 March 2011

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 9:20pm

Sorry its me again!!!

Geordie - really pleased to hear that you are better and now home. It must be a very trying time for you, but it sounds like your LO's are doing well. I hope that you will all be home together soon x Take care:hugs:
EDD - 14 March 2011

United Kingdom

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 10:32pm

Geordie - Glad to hear your home and feeling better. Your lil ones sound like little fighters, so happy to hear that they are doing so well and hopefully they will be home with you very soon. At least you can rest assured they are in the safest place for now, though I imagine it must be difficult being apart from them. [zx127]

Jay & Daezil - Thanks for sticking up for me! [zx127] Don't know what I'd do without you 2!! ...She (my boss) really did get to me and I'm dreading the next 2 weeks, to top it off I have her daughter in my class on teaching practice from tomorrow (which makes me feel as though I am being spied on) and so have had loads of extra work this weekend making sure there is nothing that she can pick up on to moan about to her mum. I'm sure she will probably be fine but thought best to cover my back. She needs copies of my plans for her teaching practice file so wanted to make sure they looked good in case her mum (my head) takes a snoop at home. She doesn't seem to want to make the next 2 weeks very easy for me!! :yawning:
Guess I gotta just count down the days, as you have both said.. I am entitled to my appointments and if she had issue with it then she should have followed the correct channels a long time ago to suggest an earlier leave, or spoke to me about coming to a mutual decision. It may be the case that I need another growth scan, getting rather worried about my tiny bump and its lack of growth!! Movements are also a lot slower and irregular, could this just be because baby is getting bigger or do I have cause for concern?? ...any advice be greatly appreciated [zx037] ?( ...at the end of the day my baby comes first and I can't wait to leave now.. as you say if I get any more hassle this week I could always get my doc to sign me off :loco: ...though that may mean I lose out on my half term pay!! ohthedrama

Lovely - Sounds like your lil ones arrival is just round the corner!! xfingers

[zx033] to you all xx xx xx

Monday, February 7th 2011, 8:49am

Girls im just popping to wish you all luck. Im going in tomorrow to have him via c section as nothing is happening.
I would like to take the time to thank you all for you support, advice and care. Lots of luck to you all. Kimby not long hun : D
Enjoy the last few weeks/days of your pregnancy's girls. And more to the point enjoy being MUMMY'S!!!!! [zx127]
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
FET June/July 13 ???

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests