You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 12:57pm

Amber - congratulations on Emilio & Maya, was shocked when I logged on this morning and saw your post. Hope the expressing gets better - it's really hard and you need twice as much. You did so well to deliver naturally - looking forward to seeing a photo :-)

Jasper - sorry to hear about your nan.

Had our first NCT class last night and it was really good. Was good to refresh my memory and has made it all seem a bit more real now. Just over 6 weeks to go - wow! Had a bit of a lie-in this morning as DS was with grandparents but still feel tired. May go and have a snooze myself.

Catch up properly later

Nikkix

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 7:10pm

Thanks everyone.

Glad you NCT class went well NIkki. Were all the other couples expecting their first baby? I bet they will be aksing you loads of queations along the way!!!

Our cot was delivered today. I was really surprised as we only ordered it from Mothercare on Saturday. I am very impatient so I think we may end up building it tonight!!!

It's my day off tomorrow so we are going to Rhymetime in the morning and then meeting family for lunch as most of them are off work after the sad news yesterday. It's our 3rd wedding anniversary tomorrow byt I think we will go out for a meal at the weekend as we have to take DS with us and we can go earlier at the weekend. I haven't even got DH a present yet, but I will see what I can find in town tomorrow morning.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 8:00pm

Jasper - yes they are all expecting their first. I had to be careful not to say too much as they are all a bit anxious about the birth, but I think it is good to not gloss over it all. I could focus on what I needed this time so found it really good. Glad your cot has turned up - I'd be the same as you wanted it up now. Our nursery is almost done and have even put in the pink items :)

Nikki x

Reg: Mar 19th 2011

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 3:05am

Congratulations to Kate and Amber!
Jasper so sorry to hear your news. X
Amber- I feel your pain with the expressing, stuck at it, my milk took a while to come in. I felt like a cow for the first few Weeks. Try not to stress about it, your doing great. Even the tiniest drop is so good got your babies. Good luck. Xxx

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 3:07am

Kat , so sorry it says Kate- blinkin predicted text! Congratulations. x

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: None!!!!

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 9:03am

Thanks ladies! I keep at expressing, I even gotoutabout 30ml at one of the night sessions (total, from ost feasts). Any little bit that I can get helps. I don't mind expressing at all, it isok. Well, maybe apart from getting up 3 timesat night to do it!

Had my check up yesterday, and my stitches are dissolving too fast, the wound hasn't healed yet. The magi tho gt at helps pain to go away for a while is bath with lavender oil. As well as various painkillers. I will be switching on the laptop in a while, will see if I can get a photo for you.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
IVF#1 Nov 2010 - :BFN:
AMH - 1.49

IVF#2 Sep 2011 - :BFP:
Two [zx076] at 7w+1, 10w, 12w+1
20 week scan - all is well
Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !
28 weeks scan - both babies are measuring average, 1.2kg estimated weight each!

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 10:57am

Hi ladies, thank you all for your well wishes :)
There's been lots of new arrivals since I last posted in here!!

Congratulations amber and kat :)
Not long to go for everyone else, how are you all feeling?

Things are going great with our gorgeous little boy, we've had a few teething problems with breast feeding, he is a very hungry baby and I keep worrying how much he is actually getting as he just seems to want to be on the boob permanently!!!
So have started expressing and giving him it in a bottle, but the boob is still there if he wants it!!! ;) which he does quite often!! Piggy!! :P
Other than that things are going fine, it's like he has always been here!!!
We went and done a bit of shopping last night it was soooo weird walking round tesco pushing a buggy!! ;)

Hope everyone is doing well and good luck to you all will keep popping in on you all xxx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 11:39am

Ok, here we go.

Emilio

Maya
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 12:04pm

Awww, gorgeous, both of them :) Is that red hair on Maya, or just the light in the photo? They both look very relaxed and laid back :)
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 3:51pm

Ahhh they are gorgeous and look bigger than I expected. Hope you are all doing well. xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 6:20pm

Oh wow - they are gorgeous Amber.

Glad you are getting on OK Cheenab - everyone needs to get the hang of BF and it sounds like you are doing well :)

Nikki x

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 7:45pm

They are beautiful Amber.

I'm guessing it'll be me next... very exciting!

I've had an update from Kat. She has had her liver and kidney scan and it seems she only has one kidney! If Lily can maintain her own body temperature she will be allowed into a cot rather than the incubator.

x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 7:55pm

Yep you're next CT!!!! Exciting!!!

The missing parcel from our cot delivery arrived today. DH has just put it together. I an very pleased with it, we have mae the best of a very small room.

It's our 3 year wedding aniversary today! We got married a few weeks after our first failed ICSI cycle and I would never have beleived that 3 years later we would spend the evening building a cot for our second child!!!! Feeling extremely blessed.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 1:56am

No, no red hair - just the light. Maya's hair look lighter to me than Emilio's, but we will have to see what it really is like in a few weeks. They haven't been given proper bath, just top and tailed, I don't know when they will get their first taste of water. I guess with all the sensors on and so on they cant really do it.

They are decent size, I think. When we dressed up Emilio, the nurse got us some clothes they had, as it was a complete surprise to us that they are going to dress him that day, and the first things she brought, she had to take back as they were way too small, although labels said unto 2.5 or 2.7kg. Emilio is only 1.88kg.

My. Stitches are misbehaving, and it is causing so much pain. So much, that this evening I couldn't sit at all.I ended updating my dinner nearly laying flat on our recliner, and had to express standing up, which was not easy either, as by now my back, shoulders and next hurt as well. In the end only got a few drops of milk as I was crying with pain. Seeing midwife today, so hope she can 'do something' to easy the pain.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 3:27am

Amber they are gorgeous, well done you! Sorry you are in so much pain. Hope they can make you more comfortable.
Thinking of you CT, good luck.
Hope everyone is ok. Xxx

Caraz

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 5:47pm

Amber sorry your stitches are causing you grief - I hope the midwife sorted you out today.

I'm trying to attach photos of the baby's room as I finally got around to putting up the stickers today! We had to fit a sofa bed in there, so not too much spare room!! The old bookcase is now full of sheets, towels, boxes of nappies etc :)

index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=7659

index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=7660
Caraz

IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Caraz" (May 3rd 2012, 5:49pm)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 6:29pm

That's beautiful Caraz. The stickers look great!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 6:32pm

I agree and I especially like the pink squirrel :smile:

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 9:51pm

Amber - hope you got sorted with the midwife & your stitches are not as sore.

Caraz - love the nursery :-) Ours is almost finished, although the dresser needs replacing so not filling it up too much yet.

Need to pack my hospital bags, have my list & just need somewhere to start stacking it all!

Nikki x

Caraz

United Kingdom

Friday, May 4th 2012, 4:41pm

Nikki - my hospital bag is pretty much packed, I gathered the bits and pieces this week, and it is stowed under the cot. I just need to get toiletries into it, I think that is all that is missing. All seems quite early, given it will probably be another 8 or 9 weeks before anything happens, but if I don't do it, of course she'll arrive early!!

Just been and picked up the pushchair, and had a happy half hour putting it together and playing with it :) Assembly was easy - just needed to snap the wheels on! We don't actually have space to store it at the moment - a job for the weekend to clear out space for it. It'll live in the hallway getting tripped over and cursed until then :) We also got the cot mattress and changing mat - other than a sling and a baby monitor, we are just about done now. Almost feel ready for the new arrival...but not quite...

Hope you all have a good weekend lined up, and those of you with your babies already, enjoy spending all your time with them :)
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 10:35am

Morning girls i'm not sure if i quite belong here yet.

Amber your babies are perfect i actually have tears in my eyes they are so beautiful.

Hope your all having a nice relaxing start to your weekend.

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 11:26am

Welcome Sasha of course you belong here! You're on the home straight now woohoo

I'm starting to think about the birth and what's going to happen. The antenatal classes have really helped but it is all still so unknown! I've read lots of nice birth stories on here (as well as some scary ones) so I'm concentrating on them.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend lined up x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 8:03am

You are right to concentrate on the nice birth stories! Even though I have been through it before its really weird not knowing when it will happen or what will happen. I am hoping I have a similar experience to last time as it is was fairily quick and straight forward! When I was starting to worry before I had DS my MW told me that you only hear about the dramatic ones as straight forward ones are borng so no one talks about them. She also said that she has heard ladies retelling a birth that she was present at and it is made to sound much more dramatic! It's the same with OBEM, if you watched that, they are not going to show an hour of straight froward births as it doesn't make excting TV!!!

I am sending DH up in the loft again today to get a few more baby bits out. I may even pack my bag today. It seems a bit early but I had some pains earlier in the week that made me panic so I want to be ready!!!

Hope you are all having a good weekend! x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 12:33pm

Thanks Jasper, there's no going back now and LO will arrive in whichever way and whenever it chooses.

It's lovely packing the hospital bag although I must confess I still need to pop in something to wear for the birth. I'm hoping to dig out one of DH's old t shirts but if not I'll get a cheap nighty when I'm out on Tuesday.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely bankholiday weekend x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 3:55pm

Welcome Sasha - on the homeward stretch now .....

Jasper - I too had some pains this afternoon while shopping in Sainsburys (DS with me too) - must have looked like I was in labour walking round rubbing my bump practising my breathing :snigger: Stocked up on wipes though while they were on offer - bought 48 packs!! We are getting the bags down from the loft this afternoon & have most things ready to go in. Will pack during the week. Oh & we put together the crib this morning :) I think I am going to be brave & start washing some of the pink clothes - don't know why I can't 100% accept we are having a girl still.

Every birth is different - mine was good (apart from DS being back to pain which hurt like hell). Hoping this one's in a better position .... The NCT classes are really good - the 'on my back' labour position was not on their sheet though :snigger: Some of the other girls are already on maternity leave so hoping we can start meeting up for coffee etc. I asked about slings (thinking it may be useful this time with a toddler to contend with too) and she has someone coming in with a sling library to look at different ones during the last class so excited about that.

Well have a good weekend everyone. DH just back from the tip (& I'm up from my nap) - so need to get on with my to do list.

Nikki x

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 6:56pm

Nikki - My SIL gave me her old Baby Bjorn carrier when I had DS and to be honest I hardly used it, but I have a feeling it will get lots of use this time! I can't imagine I am going to be sat on the sofa or sat in coffee shops quite so much. Atleast I will burn my baby weight off a but quicker!!!

Are garage is well stocked with nappies and wipes. We have tried all sorts and I like the johnsons ones the best so we have been making good use of the offer they have had on in Sainsburys too!

We went to Longleat this afternoon after our family afternoon nap!!! My legs are really aching and I fancy a soak in the bath but I know I will have it far too hot. I haven't had one since I found out I was pg! After the baby is born I am looking forward to a soak in a hot bath!!! xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Caraz

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 11:08am

morning ladies, hope you all had a good weekend (and didn't get the hailstorms/torrential rain/tornadoes that we had down here!)

Nikki - glad to hear your first birth was a good experience, I am getting tired of only hearing people's horror stories!! Why do they think we want to hear about how terrible and painful their labour and birth was? A bit jealous you are having a sling meet - I wasn't able to get to any locally, so did loads of reading, and have ordered a BabyHawk mae tai from the US (only £10 more than over here, plus I get it customised with a pocket, longer straps (for DH as he is quite big), and choice of fabrics). I felt I could justify the expense because I plan on carrying baby a lot, both around the house and out on dog walks (I can't wait to be able to get back to my long walks in the forest, its been months!!!).

Jasper - ditto for the birth story :) I've been reading Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth - lots of lovely positive stories in there too :)

Curlytails - I bought a couple of cheap button through nighties from Matalan, about £6 each I think they were. I thought 1 for labour, and one to change into afterwards. I've also got a couple of longline vest tops, which will be better for in the pool - closer fitting, the nightie will be too floaty for in the water I think. Of course by then I probably won't care what I'm wearing!! I just need to sort out toiletries - will pick up some of those little travel size bottles today to put my shampoo and stuff into, then that is it I think for the bag.

Sasha - welcome, have a happy 3rd trimester :)

AFM, gettng thoroughly fed up with my lack of energy and dizzy spells - we were in John Lewis yesterday, and I only lasted ten minutes before we had to go to the cafe and get a drink! I could really do with going into town to do some shopping,but I am genuinely worried about going on my own in case I start to feel ill again. If I was still working, I'd have had to take either sick leave or start maternity early - no way I could have been working feeling like this. I'm restricting myself to very short trips out at the moment, and dog walks are limited to the local woods and park where I know the location of all the benches should I need to sit down!! I'm not so bad outdoors, but warm or stuffy shops just do me in completely. Hate to sound like I am moaning, I feel like I can't really complain about anything, after all we put a lot of money and effort into get me in this condition!! Doesn't make it any more fun to cope with though. I will be getting some raspberry leaf tea today, no idea if it works or not, but worth a try! I really do not want to go massively over the due date.

Anyone else obsessing over names? I'm spending far too much time on baby name sites. We have a decent short list already, but part of me is convinced we are missing the "perfect" name, so I keep searching!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Caraz" (May 8th 2012, 11:10am)

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 3:57pm

Hi girls i'm hoping someone can help put my mind at rest.

On Saturday i had a light bleed, got admitted to hospital until yesterday afternoon, had a growth scan and baby seems fine and is weighing about 3lbs which is reassuring.

Anyway i had two steroid injections incase i went into early labour, i also have o negative blood group so i had two lots of blood taken and had my anti D jag, they did say the steroids could slow foetal movements down but since i got out yesterday i have had hardly any movement, i have tried all the usual things that normally get a reaction from my baby and nothing has worked, i have a doppler and baby heart beats seems totally fine, i have abviously had a stressful weekend and i'm sure baby is out of routine because of it but i was just looking to see if this had happened to anyone else and was it normal?

I don't want to start worrying over nothing and i have a hospital app tomor so can mention it then but don't want to ignore it either incase it is something.

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Caraz

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 4:12pm

Hi Sasha

So sorry to hear you've had a bad time the past few days :cuddle . I can't offer any experience myself, but if in doubt, I'd call the midwife. It sounds like reduced movement is to be expected after the steroids, but rather than worrying, it must be better to talk to someone and maybe get checked over again today if possible? Did they give any reason for the bleeding? I'm sure they'd rather you contacted them and have it be a false alarm, than not call and have it turn out to be serious :(
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 5:20pm

Have you tried a really cold drink (preferably caffeinated) and sitting really still? That's the tip my MW gave for feeling the baby moving if you are worried. If the HB seems normal then try not to worry too much. Hopefully the hospital will give you some reassurance tomorrow.

Caraz I am obsessive with names too. I'm happy with my girl choices but I keep going over and over boys names as I'm not 100% sure. The boys name we've chosen is one that we picked 7 years ago when we first TTC and the trouble is that it has become really well used since then. I know it doesn't matter but I would like something a little bit unique.

I had my haircut today and it felt so strange saying 'the baby is due in 2 weeks'. I just need to decide what to do with 'down there' now. Considering I can't see down there I don't really know how much I can do but I want to be tidy. Sorry for TMI :snigger:

Three days of work this week then two next and that's it! I found out that only one person applied for my maternity leave and I have my reservations about how they will cope. I guess only time will tell.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Caraz

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 11:29am

morning,

Curlytails - thanks for reminding me, I really must make an appointment to get my hair done in the next week or two, or it'll not get done again for months!! Names - we are trying to avoid the ultra-popular girls names, which is a shame because we both love Isabelle - but it seems like every other girl lately has been named a variation of Izzy/Bella or whatever. Twilight has a lot to answer for :) I am really liking Abigail at the moment, DH not so sure, but happy to have it on the list for now. We'll be waiting to see what she looks like before we make a decision anyway. I like names that can be shortened though, and 3 or 4 of our current favourites are quite short, so can't really be shortened any more. But then its never been a problem for me, so not sure why I've got hung up on it for LO!

Sasha - how did you get on at the hospital today (or have you not been yet?). Hope everything is looking good and you get some reassurance.

AFM, just back from midwife 34 week appointment, everything looking normal. No protein this time, and BP normal. Measuring 35 weeks, but I've been a week ahead most of the way through, so not a worry. We are going to arrange to visit the MWLU this weekend if possible, take a look at the set-up and find out what they supply and what we need to bring with us. Plus find out exactly where they are and how long it will take to get there! Its country roads, probably about 30 minutes drive, but should be a more straightforward run than trying to get to the main hospital in the centre of the neighbouring town - traffic is usually horrendous around there.

Hope you are all having a good week :)
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Caraz

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 1:48pm

just spotted there is an Aldi Mother and Baby event on tomorrow - cheap muslins, babygrows etc. Might be worth popping in if you have one local to you!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 2:27pm

We really like the name Talia, but there is a contestant on BGT called Lauren Talia, so I amagine it will suddenly become more popular! As for boys, we had settled on Aidan but I recenlty heard a mum shouting the name at a little boy an I think he mave been called Hayden adn she was dropping the H. I amnot so kenonit now as we may spend forever saying ' No its Aidan not Hayden'!

Thanks for mentiong the Aldi offers. I need some muslins but keep putting off buying then as they just seem expensive for what they are! We are very lucky that the MWLU is only 5 minutes away ( less at night and in an emergency!!) so I know that I will be able to stay at home as long as possible.

Our cot mattress arrived today, so the nursery is now complete! I will try and post some pictures later.x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Caraz

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 3:45pm

but there is a contestant on BGT called Lauren Talia, so I amagine it will suddenly become more popular!

Oh don't say that!! Talia (or possibly Thalia) is high up on our short list, I don't even watch BGT!!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 6:46pm

Well she didn't get through to the final so only had 5 mins of fame. It may not be enough to make the name popular!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 7:22pm

I wish I was nearer an Aldi!!! Muslins do seem expensive but they also seem to be an essential.

My MWLU is 25 mins away and is actually at the hospital! Fingers crossed my iron levels have gone up and I can go there. I'm seing MW tomorrow so will push her to test my blood again.

Jasper I'm looking forward to seeing your nursery now, I bet it is feeling more real?

Anyone got any new bump pics? I must take one later as I haven't this week.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 7:47pm

When I get the camera out to take some nursery pics I will also take a bump pic. I won't do it tonight as I have the same polka dot top on that I always seem to have on for the bump pics! I do have more than one top...honest!

Fingers crossed for your ironlevels. Have you been eating lots of iron rich foods??? I had cabbage the last 2 evenings and have been snacking on dried apricots!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 7:51pm

I have been eating lots of spinach as well as the iron tablets. I was told to drink orange juice with the tablets as vitamin c helps absorbtion and to avoid calcium so I've swapped my glass of milk for orange juice in the hope that helps too. Anything to get the chance to go to the MWLU!

Oh and talking of names on BGT, we had Malachy as our boys name for a long time and there is a Malachi on there!

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Curlytails" (May 9th 2012, 7:57pm)

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 10:54am

Morning girls hope your all well.

Thankfully things seem to have settled down just totally exhausted now even my poor hubby looks awful, a lot of stress you don't really expect at this stage of pregnancy (not that we ever took it for granted) think i was just starting to relax now back to worrying.

Take care x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Caraz

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 12:55pm

hi Sasha - glad to hear things have settled down, hope the remaining few weeks are a bit less stressful for you!

Curlytails - I really like Malachi, it would have been on my list for a boy! I love the older names.

Just back from Aldi, loaded up with some extra muslins (we have about 25 now - hope that should be enough!!), some 3-6 babygrows and vests (we are ok for newborn and 0-3), and some Tommee Tippee insulated bottle holders. They have cellular blankets and fleece blankets and such like too, but I think we have enough of those already. It was good timing - our Aldi only opened last week!!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 5:19pm

Hi ladies, a quick question for you. When does your health visitor start visiting? I had a call today to book mine in next Thurs (39wks1day) but I didn't think they came round until after the baby was born.

I saw a different MW today as mine is sick and I'm getting paranoid that she was concerned and have sent them round! I have a large scratch down my bump which was from the dog jumping up at me and I'm worrying that she thinks DH has been hurting me. I know I'm probably worrying for nothing but as I wasn't expecting it my mind is wandering.

Caraz I'm jealous that you have been baby shopping, did you get the patterened muslins? I really do wish I was closer to Aldi!

Sasha I'm glad you are feeling better, you haven't got too far to go now :hugs:

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 6:34pm

Sasha - Glad to hear things have settled down. I hope you are resting lots!

Caraz- My friend went to Aldo today and she got me some muslins. I might pop along at the weekend and see if they have anything else, maybe some more blankets.

CT- When I had DS the HV didn'y visit until he was a couple of weeks old, once the MW's had discharged us. I would be tempted to call them to check that it isn't a mistake, it could vary in different areas though.Perhaps they visit to make sure you are prepared for the new arrival. Don't worry about them suspecting anything bad, they have to deal with situations like that every day and if that is why they are coming, they will soon see there is nothing to worry about! Go on, give them a call and ask!

I haven't broken the news to my boss yet about wanting to bring my leaving date forward, I think I will break it to him tomorrow!!!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 7:16am

Did you tell your boss yesterday Jasper??

I've only got 2 days left at work now woohoo and although I really don't think the lady covering with me will cope I have convinced myself it's not my problem.

Has anyone got any nice plans for the weekend? The sun is supposed to be out for the day here so I think I'm going to potter in the garden.

Happy weekend everyone x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 7:51am

Yep, I told them! They were quite surprised but it's a releif that they know now. Only 12 working days to go! You are right, it's not your problem if the person covering you can't cope. Once your LO arrives you really won't care!!!

The sun is shining here too but I am not sure what we will do today. Tomorrow we are going to a a falconry display at a local National Trust house so hopefully it will be nice tomorrow too.

Have a good day everyone! x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 9:35am

Morning girls

The sun is shining here, well for the moment anyway.

Curlytails i'm the same, i have 3 weeks left at work, i took over someones job when they left and i'm the only one who knows how to do the job, since the other girl left they have piled a whole load more work on for me to do which i can cope with, however now i pretty much do my job and the job of my two supervisors, i don't stop from the moment i start work until i finish, they only realised the other week that i was finishing up and the look on their faces was priceless :) but i do worry about who is going to replace me and how they will cope, they have advertised the job but think there a long way off from even interviewing. I was fortunate enough i knew how to work all the systems but the new person isn't going to have a clue and i'm worried mistakes are going to be made. I made a few changes when i started that job to make the job a bit easier and i'm worried they won't keep it up and my hard work has been for nothing, seems so stupid coz i won't even be going back to that dept but it's just the type of person i am. I was off sick last week when i was in hosp so will be interesting to see if they have made arrangements for someone whos maybe in the same position that could take over when i go off or if they haven't bothered there backsides and have just left the work to pile up which is more likely.

Going out for lunch with friends today i'm thinking one of them has some good news for us but i could be reading too much into it :)

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Caraz

United Kingdom

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 4:16pm

Hi ladies, hope you are enjoying the lovely weather :)

Curlytails - definitely not your problem if your maternity cover can't cope! You'll have plenty to think about soon enough without worrying about the job :)
Jasper - hope you enjoyed the falconry display, I love watching the birds at the local shows. It is their attitude of utter disdain for their handlers that makes me laugh! You get the impression that they are only barely tolerating being made to perform for the crowds :)

We been out to do a tour of the MW unit, and time how long the two alternate routes take to get there. The unit is lovely, very small (just two birthing rooms) but nicely laid out, with a big birthing pool in each one. They only deliver 2 or 3 babies a week, so no conveyor belt with loads of screaming women on it! We were a bit surprised that they no longer keep you in overnight - its a new hospital, and they've changed the regulations from the old one, where I'd heard they would generally keep you overnight, especially first time mothers. Now they send you home as soon as you've pee'd and the baby is feeding (average about 4 hours apparently). The exception being if you give birth gone about 10 at night, in which case you can stay in. Its not a big issue for us, in many ways I'd prefer to get home quicker anyway, but it does seem a bit speedy!

Hope you are having a lovely weekend :)
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, May 14th 2012, 6:44pm

What a lovely day yesterday was! I hope you all had the gorgeous sunshine we did.

Caraz your MW unit sounds similar to ours although ours. Ours has 4 birthing rooms and 3 of those have pools in them. They like to get you home in 4 hours too unless there are problems in which case you get transfered to the other hospital wards. They are all en suite rooms which sounds nicer than sharing a loo and shower with someone else.

Was your lunch nice Sasha and was your hunch right?

11 days left at work Jasper woohoo won't be long before it's single figures!

It's my last day tomorrow eeeeeeeeeeek! I'm hoping it'll sink in once I've finished... especially as I can now say the baby is due NEXT WEEK!!!!

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, May 14th 2012, 9:21pm

Enjoy your last day CT! After the day I have had today I am glad I decided to leave sooner, just my boss being a pain as usual!

Can't wait til I can say my baby is due next week...I am getting impatient! How are you feeling about it, excited nervous???

Caraz- Thats great that the unit has a birthing pool in each room. The one I will be going to only has a pool in one of the 2 rooms. I really hope I get to use it as it was such a great help last time. Although I still need to decide if I want to deliver in the water as I didn't last time. Decisions decisions!

Hope everyone else is keeping well.x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 7:01pm

I'm on Maternity Leave woohoo woohoo woohoo

Now the waiting starts :snigger:

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 7:09pm

:clap Enjoy!!!

Only 9.5 days left at work for me!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests