You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 6:10pm

AG - I am crying tears of happiness and joy!!!!! Congratulations my darling bloody fantastic news!!!!!!!! That's some birth story but just glad all is ok with you and Norah (lovely name)! Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Looking forward to seeing some photos!

Hoping your wee boy is adorable too!!!!

Lots of love to everyone else and looking forward to hearing some more birth stories!

Xxxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 10:02pm

Great to hear from you AG and your birth story is really encouraging and positive, even though it didn't really turn out as expected. I am really pleased that the hypnobirthing helped you, xfingers I feel the same.

You sound deleriously happy and I am so pleased that bf in going well and you are enjoying it, it only gets better. The uterus pain and milk let down does get better quite fast and will be gone all together soon but it sounds like your little girl is doing a fab job of helping it to get back to normal, clever girl.

Can't wait to see pics.

Hope everybody is well annd looking forward to the bank holiday weekend.

I have been getting quite strong pains today but they were only every 50 minutes or so and have now gone again, very erratic so I still think I have a way to go yet. I really hope baby hangs on in there until at least nest week as I am looking forward to one last weekend away before the fun and games start and I would hate to dissapoint DS1 as he is really looking forward to a weekend at the seaside.

Right, off to bed to see how much sleep I can manage tonight, last night was approx 3 hours. I managed to sneak 45 minutes to myself this morning to listen to my hypnobirthing cd but fell asleep almost straight away, oh well.

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Friday, August 26th 2011, 8:28am

You do sound happy grace. It's lovely!!
Glad the feeding is going well. Not sure I really realised how hard it was for some people.

Ali. Sleep. Ahhh distant memory hey. I manage 3 hrs or so and that's it but at least I can get sn hours nap in the day.
I think this is just like the 2 ww. I am analysing every pain!!! I am getting fairly strong contractions most evening and overnight. They then vanish in the morning to leave crampy period pain and a really sore pelvis when walking!! Keep telling myself it can't go on like this for much longer!!

I think having another one to look after may be a good distraction!!
Hi to everyone else
Stace is thus not your last day at work?? Enjoy!!
Rally I stopped weighing myself when it got to 2 stone a couple of weeks ago eek. Too much cake. I am scoffing my face with sweet stuff!!
Power walking with pram will be needed I think!! Hopefully if bf goes ok that will shift some too. Have a load of newish clothes I need to fit into!!

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Friday, August 26th 2011, 5:45pm

Congratulations AG!! Hope you and Norah are doing well. Glad to hear the BF'g is going well and hope you are recovering OK from your C section. Take it easy over the next few weeks and don't try and do too much. Take care xx

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Friday, August 26th 2011, 10:31pm

Hi girls,

Congrats to all the new mummies! bab13 . Meant to be my last day of work today, but ended up at the hospital after baby stopped moving for a while. Turned out that she had moved her feet round and was hitting my back instead, as well as the placenta. Cried and cried with relief when got home, after midwife said to rest and no work. So glad all is ok.

Am rather alarmed by the poor girls having contractions for days on end, Naive me tought once they started that would be that. Hang in there, ladies! Thinking of you all.
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 3:13am

hi there ladies,
glad all is going well in here.
A-grace- huge congratulations hun. I'm so happy for u and u sound truly elated. I do agree with the 3 points u made. Especially the baby blues, i thought i'd be exempt from them as i waited so long for lydia like us all in here with our lo's, so i thought i'd be too overjoyed to have the baby blues....but oh no! I even cried when a nurse came in to give me breakfast one morning and i couldn't reach it....lol. Glad your recovering well from the c section. It must have been a shock discovering Norah was breech mid labour. Glad all is well now and your little bundle arrived safely. Take care hun.

Hope all you 3rd tri ladies are taking care. Its busy in here and lots of lovely news. xxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 11:23am

Morning ladies

Its the weekend :happy: Hope you are all well?

Elizmac, how things? Has your LO decided he/she is quite comfortable in there? :snigger: I know what you mean about the lack of sleep, I think its another way of mother nature prepping us for whats to come! Don't know about you but i'm still praying for a baby that really likes its sleep......selfish attitude I know!

AG, hope you are ok and not doing too much after you CS. Take care of yourselves, or should I say I hope your DH is taking care of you both x

Alibird, hope baby is clinging on in there and you and DS get to enjoy your seaside trip. Weather is not too bad today which always helps! Are you having another boy?

Cathcat, sorry to hear you had a bit of a scare yesterday but good that all is well. Must have been really horrible for you! Everyone is so different when it comes to how labour starts so lets hope that once the contractions do start, it really does mean birth is imminent. I do a lot of wishful thinking these days :snigger:

To you yummy mummies, Hoping, Lozza, Rocky & Booboo, I hope you are all well and your beautiful bubba's are too!

AFM, I am now freeeeeeee!! My last day at work was yesterday and I had a lovely day with a great send off. Ridiculous amounts of cake.....they know me very well......pampering pressies for me and cute pressies for baby, spoilt again!! I am definitely ready for the rest so was a relief coming home yesterday knowing thats it for work and now I have time to concentrate on finishing up preparation for bubba. Just keeping my fingers crossed that he/she doesn't make too much of an early appearance. Have been having lots of period pain type cramps and also lots of Braxton Hicks too. Even ended up in delivery suite on Monday as they suspected my waters might have broken. That was a real wake up call but all is well in wombland which is FAB! I feel the size of a whale and my OH keeps laughing at me when I roll around trying to get up......no helping hand just sniggers! Typical! Probably does look quite ridiculous though! Oh well five weeks and counting..........

Have a fab weekend ladies xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 10:03pm

Hi all. Delighted to announce Ross Harris arrived 2 weeks early today at 1.30. Waters broke at 3 am. Normal delivery. Sleepy baby as I had loads remifentanyl. Just got hone. Attempting to feed. Gulp

LiZ

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 11:01pm

:clap :congrats:

Another baby!!! many congratulations, Elizmac - how exciting. Glad to hear all is well.

:xxx3:

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 11:17pm

Oh Liz that is amazing news!!!!! Congratulations on the birth of baby Ross!!! Cant wait to see a photo when you are all settled xxxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 11:57pm

Fantastic news, Liz! Well done you! Am sure he is gorgeous.
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Stace

Sunday, August 28th 2011, 1:38am

:congrats: Elizmac!! Great news that little Ross is here :happy:

I hope you are feeling well and loving your first day as a mummy!

Take care xxx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Sunday, August 28th 2011, 12:11pm

Awww, fantastic news Elizmac :balloons: Congratulations on the safe arrival of baby Ross!!

We really should have a Scottish meet up at some point!!!

Sorry for lack of personals but feeling a bit under the weather this morning. Got slightly upset tummy and just feel a bit naff. It's soooo annoying cos last night was the best night's sleep i've had in weeks!!! Was hoping to have a bit more energy today. DH supposed to be clearing his remaining crap out of the nursery today but not sure if he will cos the grand prix is on in a bit. Not sure i can be bothered doing any sorting anyway.

Stace, i'm getting lots of BH's and cramping too. It gets gradually worse as the day goes on. You must be so pleased to be finished work! :weehee:

Has anyone got any tips on how to do effective perineal massage? I'm really struggling to reach so think i'm probably not doing it properly and not stretching it enough. I always had monkey-long arms when i was younger but my body obviously grew into them!! :snigger:

Anyway, off to get some lunch. Fancy that!!! i've still got an appetite despite having a delicate tummy, typical!!!

Take care everyone and i'll catch up properly soon.

xxx

Sunday, August 28th 2011, 1:10pm

That was quick Liz - I knew you wouldn't be far behind me!! Congratulations and lovely news - hope the feeding goes well. xxx

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, August 28th 2011, 4:52pm

:weehee: Congratulations Liz. Lovely name, I have a cousin called Ross. Take care hun xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Monday, August 29th 2011, 9:39am

Hi all. Baby macfarlane is doing well!! Lovely and cuddly and worth 3 hours of pushing!! Think the raspberry tea had the opposite effect!! Anyway apart from him only sleeping if cuddled!! He hates his basket and just won't settle so we are shattered taking turns at night to cuddle him to sleep. Any tips gratefully received!!! Feeding going quite well although milk not come in yet. Girl regions a bit tender from stitches and dreading going to the bathroom!!!

Anyway. Hope ali you hurry up and catch up!!
The rest of you good luck in your last few fat and uncomfy weeks. It's very bizarre having a squishy deflated belly!!
I hope all goes well my lovely pregnant ladies!!

Will try and find how to put pictures on my phone won't let me!!

Liz. X

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Monday, August 29th 2011, 10:57am

Congratulations Elizmac on the safe arrival of your beautiful baby boy, it must be fantastic to get him here and 2 weeks early what a bonus.

I am 31 weeks now and it feels like its still a lifetime away, I swear I will explode if I go full term.

KJ

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Monday, August 29th 2011, 11:50am

Congratulations Elizmac on the birth of baby Ross! :congrats: What was his weight?? x

I am still waiting! Today is my due date according to scan, wed (31st) if going by IVF dates. Midwife is coming round to do a sweep this Wednesday if I have not started by then. I really want him out now! Been eating fresh pineapple, and bought a birthing ball to sit on at home. Midwife told me to try [zx084] but my heart is not in it! Too much effort :snigger: I am off to buy some raspberry leaf tea later hmmm maybe I should have got that before now....

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

Monday, August 29th 2011, 12:36pm

Congratulations Elizmac!! well done - your labour sounds very short and positive. I thought the remifentinyl was great - but it did make LO sleepy! Welcome to the worl baby Ross!!! And well done for doing it 2 weeks early - thought you might be early with all the signs you'd had xx

Sorry no tips for settling LO but it should get easier. My harry is 2 weeks and 3 days old and I'm still strying to figure out what he wants when he won't settle. So any tips for me would be gatefully received. Some things the MW's told me were to put breast pads inthe moses basket with him so he can smell you and a rolled up towel or blanket at either side of him as he's so tiny - to keep him more snug. Also swaddling seems to help as he jerks his arms around and wakes himself up.

Think I'm gonna post on the breastfeeding section as I'm still having trouble feeding- BUT if anyone that's recently had their baby is reading can offer any advice it would b helpul. Basically he stopped feeding from 1 breast and now the milk supply is very low in that breast so I'm pumping it but not getting much. The other breast (nipple) is now very sore as he feeds on it evey time (and the latch probably isn't quite right....but he seems content). His poos are also green - I've googled this and it says that he could be getting too much foremilkk and not enough hind?? But he falls asleep on the breast and I can't force him to take more.

Anyway take care ladies and good luck to all that are still awaiting their precious deliveries xx

Monday, August 29th 2011, 2:00pm

Shelbie I ate loads of liquorice and had reflexology the day my waters broke. Also swam 20 lengths.
Rocky the labour wasn't 3 hrs. That was just the second stage!!! Narrowly avoided vontouse. First part was quite short though.
The feeding isn't easy huh. My little guy just sleeps!! He is a bit jaundiced today. Sat in the window!!

Kj I know I was going crazy and v glad he was early !!

Monday, August 29th 2011, 2:13pm

Liz - I am having exactly the same problem as you with our little one. During the day she is fine and sleeps well, but night time is a different story. She isn't making a fuss until we try to put her down into her basket and only wants to be on the breast or held. We took her to the health station today to make sure that she was putting on weight and everything is good - the health sister said that they are so used to a lot of noise in the womb that when everything is quiet at night that can be unsettling for them. We're pretty noisy round her during the day (ie don't make an effort to be quiet and don't want a baby who only needs silence to sleep!) and so it kinda makes sense. Going to try some lullaby toys tonight and see how it goes. Let me know how you are doing - sorry to hear you are going through the same, but it is also nicely reassuring that it is normal! xxx

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Monday, August 29th 2011, 8:31pm

Hey Everyone,

just a short post popping on to say big congrats to Liz on baby Ross, hope the other new mummies, Grace, Hoping, Rocky are all doing well and you get help with all your queries, it must be so daunting just not knowing things, all the advice you are getting from the MWs sound good.

will write more tomorrow with personals

xx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Monday, August 29th 2011, 9:13pm

hiya ladies
hope u and your lovely bumps are well

liz- congratulations hun on the birth of ross. My lydia was exactly the same as ross and didn't want to settle in the moses basket when she was newborn. We used to take it inturns to hold her too...lol. We then tried swaddling her and also putting a hotwater bottle of warm water in her moses basket and taking it out just before we laid her in it. So we wern't putting her in a cold moses basket and the swaddling made her feel snug. She still found it hard to settle sometimes but she did improve and give it a couple of weeks ross will be used to his new world and will settle better. We also lightly tap lydia's chest/tummy when she's unsettled and i think she thinks its my heartbeat like in the womb cos that settles her too....hope that helped anyway hun. Xxx

rocky - i saw BF counsillor when i was having trouble. Apparently its very common for the baby to have a prefered breast. I was told to do the 'rugby hold' on the boob lydia didn't like so she was facing the same way as if she was on her preferred boob and tricked into thinking she was feeding off it....if u get me? So i held her across me as normal on her preferred right boob but used the rugby hold on the left boob that she didn't like but the rugby hold meant she thought she was on the right boob....hope u understand my ramblings hun, i'm not the best at explaining sometimes...lol. Having said all that my right boob is still definately bigger and produces more milk than the left. When i fill will milk it actually looks quite comical. My husband says i have an 'amy childs' boob.....if u know who she is...lol
also lydia was like harry and used to fall asleep on the breast and lost alot of weight in her first week. My mw refferred me to a BF councillor and i had great advice and support, can u not be refferred to someone who can help you? Usually mw's are very keen to help BFers. Hope u get it sorted hun but it sounds like ur doing a great job xxx

amazing grace- glad all is going well with norah. I loved your photo's on fb, she is just lush xxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Stace

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 11:16am

Morning all!

Liz - 3 hours of pushing?? Blimey!! Good you managed to avoid the ventouse delivery though! Hope Ross is getting used to his new surroundings, it must be a bit unsettling going from a nice comfy womb to a basket but babies learn to adapt don't they! Don't they? Please say yes :snigger: !! Has your milk come in now?

KJ - be prepared for that 'exploding feeling' until you have the baby now. I am now 35 weeks and whale-like :snigger: I also walk like a pensioner who needs a hip replacement and just when I thought I couldn't get any bigger, it turns out I can!! Great to know that baby is growing though so its catch 22 really! Hope you are feeling well despite the growing bump!

Shelbie - has bubba made an appearance yet? I hope you are not feeling too uncomfortable if he hasn't! As for the [zx084] just lie back and think of England as the saying goes :snigger: I'm sure your OH will be happy to do all the hard work? You never know you might actually enjoy it once you get into it :P Oh how I miss sex, think i'll be missing it for a bit longer as i'm sure I won't be getting any after bubba is born either :thumbdown: This has definitely been the most celibate year of my 7 years with J and he doesn't even seem bothered....hmmmmmm, lets hope it picks up again next year!

Anna - its your last week at work right? Enjoy and see you Friday!

Hello to everyone else, hope you enjoyed the bank holiday weekend?

Today is officially my first day of no work :happy: I am still in my PJ's and have enjoyed lazing eating crisps (yes at this time of the morning), watching athletics and catching up on here. Gotta get ready to go out for lunch soon though, the first of hopefully a few daytime social events before the inevitable happens! The period pain cramps are still coming everyday and the BH on and off all day, i'm convinced it won't be long before it really does happen but think that happens to a lot of women so maybe I should just calm down!! I'll probably end up being super overdue now! As long as he/she remains healthy and happy and wriggly then I shan't complain.....well i'll try not to complain too much :snigger: Ok time to get my old granny hips moving.

Catch you later ladies xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 4:51pm

Hey everyone,

Still no sign of little man, never got round to doing the deed, but I have been out this morning to waitrose and got some raspberry leaf tea, which is surprisingly nice and also a fresh pineapple and lots of lovely biscuits ready for visitors!

Not too uncomfortable, but getting less and less sleep at night, its such an effort even to turn over and my pelvis cracks and aches a lot and its a misson just to get out of bed to pee, I hobble like an old lady, but once I am out everything loosens up. I do tend to struggle to get comfy when DF comes home in the evening and shares the sofa with me :riv3: he keeps "helping" to push me up off the sofa when i have to get up which makes me feel like a prize heffer :snigger:

Looks like the sweep is happening tomorrow then..... :headache

Might go for a nice long walk with DF tonight which might help move things along......

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

KJ27

Ace

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 6:17pm

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well.

Stace I had to laugh at the old woman reference, it created a very funny picture in my mind.

Alway interesting reading the new mum news about settling and BF, its funny they make BF sounds so easy and its clearly not as loads of my friends have struggled with it, I do think they should help more and have people come round to see you.

Had a bad nights sleep last night, got up to the loo then wnet back to bed and thought my nose was running, turns out it was a nose bleed over the sheets, lovely, then I sorted that and lay awake for 2 hours then of course when the alarm went I was fast asleep, typical!

Went to midwife today all well except baby is still breech so if he is in another 3 weeks its off to the hospital for a scan and to discuss options so we shall see.

KJ

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 7:57pm

Shelbie
Go get some liquorice. There is some evidence and it worked for me. I also had a clary sage oil bath and s reflexology session the day my waters broke!! Oh and swam 20 lengths!! Go for it!!

Oh and no one bother buying more than one nursing bra before hand. Mine have tripplef in size overnight snd look about 3 times the size of poor babies head!!!!

Liz

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Children: daughter born 2002 & son born 2011

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 8:24pm

Hi ladies i hope your all well? Congrats to all the new mummies on your new bundles :D

I read in some books that if i was going to start taking raspberry tea leaf then to start taking it at 32 weeks? Is this right? And if any of you ladies did take it when did you start? xoxo
me-30-fine
dh-34-low count

icsi-jan2011 xfingers :BFP: on 3/3/2011

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 9:35pm

Liz - :congrats: :balloons: on baby Ross.

Hope all is well to everyone else starsmile :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 10:50am

Hi Ladies

Kelly, i've also read that you can start the raspberry leaf tea at about 32wks. I've read you start with one cup a day and gradually increase to 3-4 cups a day. If you get really intense BH's then just reduce the amount of cups per day. I'm a bit late starting mine and only began at the weekend but i've started on 2 cups per day so i guess we'll see how it goes and if it helps with my 2nd stage of labour. :)

Shelbie, good luck with the sweep hun, lets hope it has the desired effect!!!

Not so good having those nosebleeds KJ. It seems some ladies are just more prone to them. I think Anna's had a nightmare with nosebleeds. I had loads in the 2nd tri but they disappeared after a few weeks. I now just have permanent nasal congestion! X( very annoying!!!

Stace, i'm really similar to you, getting BH's and period type cramps a lot. It'll be exciting to see which one of us goes first, our due dates are only a couple days apart i think.

Taxi, great to see little Mimi doing so well, she's adorable!!!

:hi: to all the brand new mummies, hope you are all doing well and your beautiful wee bundles are growing nicely. And :hi: to all the other 3rd tri mums-to-be, hope you are all keeping well and the bumps are not causing too much discomfort in these last few weeks.

AFM - not much to report. Still plodding on. Had a few better nights sleep this week which is nice. Got our first antenatal class tonight so will report back on that tomorrow.

Take care folks!! xxx

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 11:43am

Hey Ladies!

Just had the sweep, wasn't too bad just a bit more uncomfortable than a smear. Had been having a few period type cramps in lower back and low in tummy since last nite but nothing regular. Midwife said my cervix is slightly posterior, partially effaced and thinning. 1cm dilated and head is at -2 station and 3/5 engaged, whatever all that means lets hope this does the trick. Midwife coming round again on Monday (5th) and will offer another sweep if no sign. She has also booked me in for hospital induction on 10th Sept just in case.

Had a terrible night last night, took ages to get to sleep and everytime I woke up to turn or pee I couldnt get back to sleep :rolleyes:

Elizmac, Liqourice eh? Do you know that is how I knew I was pregnant? Cos I went out and bought loads of different types of liqourice I just had to have it!! I think I still have some somewhere......

Aww nasty nosebleeds KJ :-(

Kelly, not sure about the tea but think that may be slightly too early to start it, unless its different with twins??

Anyway take care everyone, much love blowkiss

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 12:10pm

Congratulations on the birth of baby Ross Liz, you must be over the moon :clap

Hope your cut is healing nicely, I am probably a bit late on this advice but it may help others later. When going for a number 1, lean forward and try to hold a cleam damp face cloth over the stitches and when going for number 2, lean backwards and try to do the same. It can be a difficult time so don't rush anything, just go with the flow :snigger: My major issue was piles, I sat in the bath crying in pain at 3 in the morning to try and ease the pain which is not ideal with a newborn, but along with everything, it does get easier.

I found with DS1 that swaddling was a godsend, don't bother using a normal blanket as I found he got quite hot and easily escaped, invest in a proper swaddle robe. DS1 loved it and I am happy to say helped him sleep through the night at 7 weeks old (xfingers that this one is the same :snigger: )

I also found bf a bit difficult at first as he wouldn't feed due to swallowing too much fluid and meconium. After 2 days of vomiting, he finaly latched on but by this point he was very jaundice so I had to wake him every 2 hours day and night to feed. I would say that if any of you are struggling, please give the helpline a call or, even better, if you can try to go to a local bf cafe as there are trained counsellors there but there is nothing like getting face to face advice from mums who have been there. It's also a great please to meet other bf mums which is always a good social thing.

Shelbie, good luck on your sweep today, xfingers it gets things moving for you.

I have been having rasberry leaf tea since 36 weeks but my mw says that no medical professional would recomend anything to irratate your uterus before 37 weeks. Now that my weekend away is over with I am really hoping that LO will get a move on, it was DH birthday yesterday so we had a curry and [zx084] but nothing! Oh well, will just have to keep trying :snigger: My BH seems to have eased a bit but my hip pains are definately worse, it muhst be due to the baby getting lower now. MW meassured me at 38cm yesterday and am 3/5 engaged so hopefully it won't be long now.

Good luck to everybody and hope to see some more announcements very soon 9including my own)

blowkiss

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 2:38pm

Fingers crossed shelbie and ali. I can't really believe he should only be 39 weeks today. We are sat by the window. He's a bit jaundice. Needs loads of feeds but too sleepy!! Expressed some and topping up with a syringe til he wakes up a bit.

I am quite glad not still pregnant though. It's quite nice to bend down although belly us like a squishy puffball!!

Keep active girls. Am sure it helps!! Thinking of you all. Will find my laptop to put photo on!!

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 2:44pm

Hey ladies,

its all happening on here isnt it!!! Im missing coming on here more often and joining in with the chat but I never seemt o be abe to get 5 minutes these days!!! How can a baby who is sooo tiny create so much washing? I swear I do 2 loads a day now - what the heck???

I cant remember who mentioned about perineal massage (sorry I cant see that far back) but I found it easier to do it while sitting on the toilet - I tried a million different positions and that was deffo the easiest. Saying that I did it religiously for 6weeks twice a day and I still had to get cut - booooo!!! However that was because the wee boys heart rate was dropping and they need to get him out quickly so I think its still worth doing for sure!

BF ladies Im so so jealous that you have all managed to keep on going even when finding it difficult and painful - I just had to stop after 6 days it was so bloody painful I was crying constantly and just didnt think it was fair on the wee boy. I saw a BF nurse who came to visit everyday but becasue he didnt feed for a few days and I had to hand express into a syringe my boobs became badly engorged and then he wasnt latching on properly. Booboo Im so impressed you can do the rugby ball - Harrison is so blinking long I found it impossible to get him in the right position!!! Oh well he is doing really well on the bottle and gaining weight and is of course happy and healthy so cant really complain at all BUT it is frustrating that you never hear of the things that can go wrong and you think BF is going to be a breeze......well its harder than you think but I guess very very rewardinmg when you can do it.

Also I cant believe how well he is sleeping in the night (touch wood) he is going for 7 hours straight most night, having a bottle then going back down for a few hours again. Nick and I are loving it at the moment but dont want to get too excited incase he is tricking us and he ends up changing in the next few days!!! However I havent been as good as you ladies and we have been sleeping with him in our bed (I know I know but our mw said it was fine). His crib is right by our bed and I keep thinking I really should put him in it but then I chicken out and just put him in with us! I must start putting him in his crib over the next few nights..........

Sorry for being so personal Ali but how long did it take your cut to heal down below? Im still getting a little bit of pain and its not looking all that great down there to be honest but the midwife said its healing fine - arrgghhh will I ever be normal again? Good advice on the peeing and pooing though after being cut!

Shelbie not long now - keeping my fingers crossed LO arrives v soon!!! Same goes for you Ali - so exciting!!!

Rally girl hope the antenatal class goes well!

KJ - glad all is well apart from your little breech baby - hopefully LO will move in the next few weeks. My little boy went back to baby the day I went into labour so they really can move right up to the last minute!

Stace - enjoy your time off work now before your wee one arrives! Eating crisps anytime of the day should be allowed - I can eat crisps for Scotland!

Hello to all you yummy mummys out there and to all the other yummy mummy to be's that I have forgotten.

Lots of love xxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 2:46pm

hahaha Liz my jelly belly is the same!!!!!! But I painted my toenails this morning for the first time in AGES - it felt great!! Although I then saw my bikini line and I MUST book myself in for a wax soon......well once the stitches heal that is!!!!

Hope little Ross gets better soon xxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 5:11pm

Kelly, it looks like the info out there on raspberry leaf tea is a bit conflicting. i think some countries have obviously done more research than others on the subject. If you look on the babycentre website, they give a wee list of circumstances when you shouldn't take it. It's quite helpful!

Lozza, think it was me asking about the massage. I've found a way to do it that's not too uncomfy but it bloody stings!!! :O Thanks for the tips!!! Hoping it has some benefit, had a scan last week and it looks like our wee girl has a lovely small head and a wee round tummy.

Take care folks. xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 9:45am

Just popping in to wish good luck to all those who are due very soon :goodluck: . I know I keep saying it but I think this thread is so exciting, waiting to hear the news of new arrivals baby2

Lozza - I totally agree re the amount of washing. How can someone so small create so much :laugh: Saying that, Nathan has at least 2 outfit changes a day as almost every time I change his nappy he wees while his willy is out in the open air so it usually lands on him and on the towel that I put on the changing mat, or he dribbles milk down his chin when he is feeding. I bought the TT dribble catcher bibs but it still manages to make it's way to his clothes LOL! On some occasions his poos have been that vast that it has leaked out of his nappy :laugh: DH and I get the giggles every time we change a pooey nappy, it really is a 2 man job sometimes as one holds his legs to ensure he doesn't put his foot in it and the other quickly wipes his bum, all the while Nathan is lay there happy as larry watching us :teehee:

Hope all the other new mums are well.

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 10:46am

Loz, glad everything is going well and that Harrison is sleeping so well. Please don't beat yourself up about bf, I think that as long as mummy is happy then baby is happy, whichever feeding method is used and he is obviously thriving on it :happy: I think it took about 4-6 weeks for my cut to heal but it got easier and easier every day. I have been trying to do the perineal massage but the scar tissue already there is very painful to do, I have asked DH to do it for me but he is quite reluctant, WTF! he doesn't mind :snigger:

I am lovin the comments on the washing due to pooing, weeing all over themsleves (and you) and sickie stains everywhere, it has bought back a lot of nice memories and I genuinely cannot wait :happy:

Anything happening yet Shelbie?

Right off to get me and DS1 dressed, OMG I am a bad mother as I leave him watching Peppa Pig in his pjs while I catch up here, oh well.

blowkiss

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 11:28am

Hey Everyone! :hi:

well, it is my first day of freedom today happydance yesterday was really quite emotional, i have been at the same small company for 9 years and know i won't go back so it is quite sad.

however, today i feel fine though! :laugh: had a lovely meal out and got a lovely card & flowers, but my presents are coming when the baby arrives so got that to look forward to.

so far this morning after getting rudely awoken by then postman i have lounged around in bed, pottered, tidied up and had a bath, now catching up on emails, fb & FZ - this is the life!

So i hope everyone else is good, it is back to being busy on here so will try to catch up with everyone

Stace – wow – you thought your waters had broken? That must have been scary, you can tell all about it tomorrow, glad you had a lovely send off at work and got spoilt, am still not sure if I have Braxton hicks yet, my stomach does go really hard at times but it doesn’t really hurt, am with you on feeling like a beached Whale, James is like my stannah stair lift and pushes me up the stairs and off the sofa etc, it’s funny! I know what you mean about [zx084] I feel like a born again virgin!

Rally Girl – hope the upset tummy has cleared up, I have it quite a lot at the moment, am going to speak to MW about it this afternoon

Liz – how it Ross doing? Is he settling yet? Hope you are both getting a bit more sleep, I can’t say I am looking forward to the deflated stomach bit, what does it look & feel like?!

Shelbie – any news yet? Hope you are not waiting too long, are you feeling ok or uncomfortable? Hope everything you are trying works!

Rocky – hope you get some advice with the BFding, am more scared about that than giving birth, it sounds so hard

Boo Boo – lovely to hear your updates and I love seeing how happy you are on fb, Lydie is so gorgeous

KJ – oh you poor thing, I have had a nightmare with nosebleeds pretty much since the 3rd month, they started off just when I blew nose, then graduated to little trickles but the past month or so they are outta control! Gushing everywhere, have at least one a day, loads of blood clots, it’s GROSS. There is an option to have nose cauterised but I don’t fancy that so just keep handy tissues with at all times!

Lozza – wow – he is sleeping for 7 hours at a time, that is amazing, what is your secret?! Sounds like you are doing amazingly, and he must be very content and well fed – tips please! Lol at being able to paint toenails again, I can just about manage it now, but can’t reach my lady bits to tidy them up, dread to think what they will be like in a month!

Ali Bird – thanks for all of the tips, hope your LO makes an appearance soon!

Daisy – hope you are ok – well done for finally finishing all your painting – :party: take some nursery pics and bring them with you tomorrow!

Hoping – the poo story sounds crazy, a 2 man job, lol, funny how something so small can make such a mess, lovely to hear from you!

AFM – have a midwife apt this afternoon, I will be asking about foot swelling, just started to get a puffy ankle, only on my left side though, it’s weird, does anyone else have this? Am wondering what I will measure today, other than that I have a lazy day planned, am looking forward to meeting Daisy & Stace tomorrow for lunch we can compare bumps

Love to all :bye:

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 12:21pm

Lozza - missed your comment about the cut. I was cut too and it's still sore some days. I lie on my bed some days after a bath or shower and rub Savlon around the area and just let air get to it. Can't do it for long mind as Nathan is soon wanting attention but if I can do it for 10 minutes a day it's better than nothing. God knows when we will be able to BD though. I don't feel comfortable at all as worried it will tear the cut that has started to heal. I'm at the hospital on the 12th to discuss how I feel about the cut I had and whether or not they can do anything to make it better as my stitches fell out so it's healing on it's own.

Ali - you mention your scar tissue being painful? Is that from when you had your DS 2 years ago? It feels hard on the area where it has started to heal on me, is that how yours feels? I laughed at your comment about letting your son watch Peppa Pig while you log on here. I put Nathan in his swing or vibrating chair and put Baby TV on so I can go on here sometimes, unless DH is at home. I already know some of the songs off Baby TV :laugh: ! Although he doesn't understand it yet he is fascinated by the colours and sounds.

Anyway, apologies ladies for mentioning our cuts in here, not wanting to scare you. It isn't that bad really and what little pain I do have is outweiighed massively by the immense happiness I feel for my gorgeous son who I spend hours staring at because he is so perfect and I still have to pinch myself that he is here and that I have been blessed with a child. It truly is the best feeling in the world and it's true what women say, despite a painful labour you soon forget all about it when you have your child in your arms. DH and I are already discussing wanting another. Not just yet mind. We're hoping it will happen naturally but I doubt that will happen so we may consider IVF again in a couple of years or so. We'll see. For now I am enjoying my son and if we just have him then that is fine as we feel complete as a family and are truly blessed, it would just be nice if we could give him a little brother or sister.

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 12:42pm

Hi all,

Just a quick visit to read how you're all doing!
Elizmac - I found drinking plenty of water and eating lots of fruit and veg helped with the number 2 situation. As someone has said lean forward when going for a wee so the wee doesn't run onto your stitches as this hurts! Number 2 wasn't as bad a I thought - just take your time. Re your stomach .... when I was discharged from hospital my stomach had deflated a lot. But now I find that my stomach has got bigger again. Ive also weighed myself (naughty I know!) and have put on a few pounds since the initial loss. What's that all about?? I thought BF'g helped you lose weight!!

Lozza - I totally know what you mean about BF'g. I've persevered so far but saw a specialist yesterday who thinks I have nipple thrush so I have some cream and mouth wash for Harry. Harry doesn't have it yet though so I've decided not to give him the mouth wash as I don't like anything unnecessary. So now I am expressing with a pump every couple of hours and feeding him this in a bottle. I really hope that what I have is thrush (and consulant wasn't mistaken) and that it clears soon as I'm really worried that he won't take to the breast again. I've been told I can still BF while using the cream - but I don't want to infect him - and it's painful! If it doesn't clear up soon - I fear I may give up - and I feel tremendous guilt about that. But we can only do what we can do. Regarding your cut.....I'm so glad you posted. I've been feeling really sorry for myself thinking that it's not normal to still feel the way I do 3 weeks on. I've seen the GP this morning again - as like Hoping, my stitches fell out and I'm very uncomfortable. The worst thing for me is that I feel very swollen down there and uncomfortable and keep thinking it can't be right. The GP just said it will probably take a few more weeks and that it's down to fluid retention which our bodies are working to get rid of. But it's not pleasant x

Anna - don't be scared about the BF'g - you might be a natura. I didn't get off to the best start and think the MW's let me down. Make sure you get all the help you can while you'rein hospital - and don't get discharged until your are confident with it. You'll be fine x

Hoping - how have you managed to get an appointment at SH? I've seen the GP twice now but just been told it will take more time and there has been no mention of going to SH for a review or anything. I've also got incontinence issues despite religiously doing pelvic floor exercises. Glad that you're adjusting to motherhood so easily now and that you're even discussing another. I think I'm a way off that discussion yet.

Anyway - good luck to all of you still waiting - can't wait to hear your news xx

Stace

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 7:34pm

Good evening ladies

Its so lovely to hear how you new mummies are getting on, I am taking notes for when my LO comes along and I have the same questions :happy: The downstairs department must be quite sore for those of you who had stitches but in time they will heal. I think you never think it will get better but it will! Given the size of my LO's head i'm guessing I might end up with a bit of patchwork too, if I don't that definitely says something about the size of my moomoo doesn't it :snigger:

Anna - it is strange leaving work isn't it....how come you aren't going back? I'm hoping to have won the lotto or something before next year so I don't have to go back either but the odds are stacked against me DAMMIT!! Sounds like you are getting BH to me, they are not painful although sometimes can be a little uncomfortable, eg when you are on the move. Thats when I seem to get them most! Look forward to hearing about your MW appointment tomorrow x

Shelbie and Alibird - any signs yet? I hope you are both feeling ok. Keep wondering who will be next.....exciting stuff!!. p.s - what else is peppa pig for if you can't use her to your advantage :snigger:

Rallygirl - how are you feeling now? I hope all better! I have also been 'regular' shall we say with no chance of constipation like they usually say happens in the 3rd tri and read that the tummy upsets are also a sign that things are imminent......I stopped reading after that!! My date from the hospital scan was actually the 30th September but I chose to keep my IVF dating which is the 3rd October so who knows who will be first, especially as we have both been having the BH and cramping!! Tell you what, i'll race ya :snigger: If I win, you have to bake me a cake hahaha!!

Not much to report really, had another relaxing day with another lunch date which was lovely.....could get used to this. I did pick up my order of baby bits from Tesco today, I had been saving my clubcard vouchers up so used them to stock up on nappies, wipes, lotions, potions, muslins, sponges, soothers (which came in pink...omen perhaps??) and some bits for me like bio-oil, cheapy knickers and maternity pads! I got home and spent ages smelling the Johnson's stuff, can't wait to smell it on my baby instead :happy: Going to try and make a decision on what chest of drawers to buy for baby's room now...wish me luck, I seem to have become the most indecisive person in the world these days!!

Speak soon ladies xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

KJ27

Ace

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 4:01pm

Hi all,

Just thought I would drop in and say hello, I am so jealous of those of you that are still how shall we put it, regular!! I am anything but, talk about hard work! anyway enough of such talk.

Starting NCT class last night, it ws okay but not sure it was really us, didn't really like the tutor too much but hey we will stick at it, my hubby is rather shy is its hard for him, can't believe its all day Sunday sounds rather long to me.

How have others found it?

Come on must be time for another baby, who will be next???

KJ

KJ27

Ace

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 4:03pm

I must be tired, so many typos in that last post!!!

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 4:29pm

right, attempting photo whilst my boobs are not hanging out!!! just had to get a 32h bra!!! its madness, leaking all over the bed at night, its horrid, cabbage leaves today!!!! poor baby gets dripped on!!! mind you he did manage to pee on his head the other nigh!! impressive stuff.

hope you are all hanging in there, enjoy a bit of snooze and non gigantic breasts!!
for all those slightly freaked out by stories of tears, cuts etc. I had quite a bad second degree tear needing 2 rows of stitches but even after 6 days am pretty much fine now!! its ok!!

liz
Elizmac has attached the following file:
  • Ross.jpg (95.59 kB - 18 times downloaded - latest: Sep 14th 2011, 4:30pm)

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 4:59pm

Hi Ladies

Still waiting Ali and Shelbie????

KJ, i'm not doing NCT classes, just the local ones run by the hospital midwives. Had the first one on Wednesday and enjoyed it. We just discussed questions/worries about after birth and what happens when we get home. Birth and labour are being discussed next week, that is the class i dont want to miss. I think the dad's def get the most out of the classes. My first-thing-in-the-morning coffee is what keeps me regular, that's why i've not given it up. And lots of fruit!!

Stace, good luck with the baby furniture. We went for Ikea cos it was cheaper than most other places. I just need to make it to next fri and 37wks and i'll be able to go to the birthing unit. Pretty sure i'll make it. Although i'm getting all the BH's there's no sign of mucus plug coming out so got no reason to think i'll be that early. I'll gather my baking ingredients just in case!!!

Anna, how was the appointment? The swelling sounds minimal at the mo, hope it doesn't get any worse. Hope you have a fab lunch with Daisy and Stace. Wish i still lived in London sometimes.

Hope all the mummies are doing well and bubbas are behaving.

Afm, 36wks today. Nothing to report, again! Have had a lazy day today which is nice cos BH's are def worse when i'm more active. Got a couple of old friends coming to visit tomorrow which will be great to catch up. Will just blether, drink tea and eat cakes and biscuits all afternoon. :licklips:

Liz, gorgeous pic and thanks for reassuring words on the post stitches front!!

Take care ladies. xxx

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 9:44pm

Liz, fab picture sweetie, you must be totaly besotted. Lovin the leaking all over baby comment, I remember it well, good breast pads are a must :snigger:

Hoping, yes the scar tissue was from DS1 who is 2.5 now, it is fine now but while I am trying to massage, while the rest just stings my scar tissue feels painful. I asked my mw about the likelihood of having to have another episiotomy this time and she says there is no reason that I should so xfingers. I have a friend who had a bad experience with her scar as they stitched her up unevenly and it made sex extremely painful and almost impossible, she saw a specialist who told her DH to massage with pure almond oil and she said it was sorted within a couple of months so anybody who is worried, give it a try.

KJ, hope you enjoy your nct classes, DH and I loved them and found them really helpful. Both of us are quite shy too but as it was only a small group, we all got on really well, in fact 2.5 years on we still meet up regularly and the kids are best friends (most of the time anyway).

Anna, hope the foot swelling is ok, I too have struggled with this and haven't been able to ear anything but croc flip flops for 2 months now, xfingers it gets better after D Day.

Rally, happy 36 weeks, only 1 to go and you are officially term :clap

Well, I am still waiting and there is no signs of anything happening, I now have a feeling that I may go over but just hope it is not too long as am finding it more difficult to get about every day. Come on LO, time to meet mummy, daddy and big bro.

blowkiss

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 11:45am

Just popping in to see how you are all doing and to wish you all well. Liz - little Ross is a little darling!

In my experience my labour didn't go at all how I expected, but it really doesn't matter - once you have your little one with your safe and well, nothing in the world matters. People will tell you how special and amazing the experience is, but words can't describe the love you will have for your little ones and the unbelievable contentment that will be part of you all as you become or extend on your families. It truly is unbelievable and the most incredible experience - we just gaze at her and still can't believe she is our perfect little daughter. '

Will be popping in to see how the rest of you are getting on! Very exciting! xxx

Stace

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 1:52pm

Hello ladies

Hope you are all well on this Saturday afternoon!? Thought the sun was meant to be shining but definitely not where I am, hope you have been luckier!

Liz - little Ross is gorgeous, loving his little chin dimple :happy: He looks like a beefy little thing, do you know how much he weighs now? I am literally scared about your boob comments, my current bras are 36H and I have recently had another growth spurt but not sure where to find a bra big enough. If I have another growth spurt once my milk comes in i'm screwed!!

KJ - I always hear mixed reviews about the NCT classes but I guess it really does depend on your tutor and the couples you share the class with. Hopefully the next one will be better, and you all get to know each other more. There has to be some benefit to them as they are so popular! I have been cheap and opted for the NHS ones only but think if I didn't have so many mummy friends, I would have opted for the NCT ones even if it was just for the social aspect.

Rallygirl - hope you are enjoying your catch up with friends. The ladies who lunch lifestyle is just great, I could do it all day everyday! Although now i'm home all the time and the OH is still working, I feel obliged to be a housewife and clean and cook the dinners etc......not so good! Can you believe you are 36 weeks? Are you all ready for her now?

Alibird - 4 days left now! You've done the long stretch, not much more to go now :happy: Did you go over with your first born? I wonder if it will be a stubborn boy or girl....do you have any feelings? Really excited for you!

Hello other mummies and mummies to be, hope you are all getting on ok! Sending love to you all blowkiss

AFM, had a boring Saturday so far. Have done the morning housework and think i'm going to get ready and go out for a bit. Its my little brother's birthday on Tuesday so need to find him a present! Might also go and hunt me a bra or two, think M&S might be my best bet! And also seen some lovely bedding for the crib at babies r us so might go and hunt that out too.......see what happens when you get bored, you SPEND SPEND SPEND!! Or is that just me?! Weighed myself this morning and have put on 4lbs since the last weigh in.......SHOCKING :scared: The last weigh in was only a week or so ago i'm sure! I even stepped on and off the scales 4 times just to make sure and yep, the scales aren't lying!! One week off work and i'm spreading....oh dear :snigger:

Well enjoy the weekend ladies, catch up soon xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 5:46pm

Stace. Nursing bra shop. Literally called that online. It's amazing can get underwired specialist nursing bras. It's ace!! Wait til after birth though as mine went up another 2 cup sizes.
Photo is deceptive. He is tiny and 7 lb now. He does look massive in photo though!! We had to go shopping today to get tiny newborn clothes as the normal newborn stuff swamps him. I wad prepared for a giant!!

Anyway. Hope ali you give birth soon and shelbie.
Rally nearly there too. The rest of you enjoy some uncomfy sleep. Still better thZn screamy hungry baby non sleep!!

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests