You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 11:55am

Hi ladies :hi:

Just thought I'd pop in with some chocolates for you all to help you get through the last few uncomfortable weeks of the third trimester :chocs:

I'm keeping an eye out for news of the next new arrival. Lozza - I totally agree with waiting until your baby is ready to come. If I didn't have GD I would've happily waited too as I do believe the induction I had made it more painful because my body wasn't ready to give birth. Still my LO is healthy and thriving - he has put on 2 ounces in his first week and now weighs 8 pounds 4 oz smile2

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you all.

Best dash, my LO is stirring ready for his next feed baby3

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 1:00pm

Hi Ladies

Just a quickie as on my moby.
I hope you are all well and looking after yourself and bumps. Just put deposit down on my Stokke Xplory pushchair and carrycot. We have gone for Purple. We will be paying it off next week and it will be delivered in 6 weeks. So exciting. All i need now is cot bedding and we are away.
Nursery finished apart from the bedding but not posting pics yet as we have loads of baby stuff stored in there so its a bit untidy at the mo.
Its pink and cream with a hint of apple and we have a butterfly theme. I even have most of the hospital stuff ready and brought. I feel very organised for the first time ever.
Next MW apt is on Tues and i shall ask about Antenatal classes. I couldnt warrant the cost of the NCT ones.

Anyhoo i know there are a few of you doing up nurseries etc so enjoy. It is such fun.

I cant wait to hear of more bambino's being born.

Have a great weekend ladies.
Xxxx

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 1:33pm

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well. Had an awful night's sleep last night - only got a few hours. Still got this terrible itching and need to pee all the time and have started to get some numbness in my feet.

Lozza - can't believe how well you're coping being overdue. Sounds like you're doing just great. I know I keep sayig this but I am so uncomfortable!!

Taxi - you sound very organised and your nursery sounds lovely with the butterfly theme. I didn't even look at the Stokke as they are just too expensive but I'm sure it will be luxury for LO!!

Adreamz - hope the move is going well and that your sweep wasn't too bad x

Hoping - nice to hear from you. How did it go on Monday with the breastfeeding person? Are you still bottle feeding? Great that Nathan is putting on weight either way. What's it like being a mummy?

Can't see back any further to do personals. At least it's a bit cooler today - still humid but cooler than yesterday. Got a MW appointment tomorrow so hopefully will find out if LO is in right position for birth. Enjoy the rest of the day ladies xx

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 1:40pm

Hi Folks

Just a very quick post today as i'm absolutely traumatised by something that happened this morning.
Our gorgeous wee hamster Susan, managed to get out of her cage in the night amd went roaming. DH found her this morning trapped in the magazine rack with an obviously broken leg. He had to go to work as had something really important on so i had to wait till 9am to ring a vet and got an app at 9:45am. Bless her, her leg was so badly broken we had to have her put to sleep, i wasn't hopeful anyway. She wasn't even a year old. I came home and cleaned her cage out and absolutely balled my eyes out. I've had loads of hamsters over the years and never been so emotional when they died, i apologised to the vet for my hormonal reaction. I just keep thinking of her suffering all night while we were asleep upstairs.

Anyway, going to have a few days to decide if we want another hamster. It may well end up being a bit neglected when baby arrives.

Take care everyone and i'll post properly tomorrow.

xxx

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 2:31pm

Hi all

So sorry re your little hamster rally. Hormones are crazy though so sure no one thought anything of you getting upset.

Rocky bear with it hey. I am uncomfy too and still have 5 weeks to go urgh. I am rolling round the house on a yoga ball.
Not long till you will be deflated and not needing to pee. Well that's what I keep telling myself when he sticks his bum in my ribs and I can't eat anything!

Taxi. I loved doing our nursery. It's quite restrained for me. Cream and green with some circus stickers on one wall.
Check out website funky little darlings. They have amazing stickers. I covered a whole wall!!
Our pram is hidden in the cellar as mother went nuts we had it in the house!! We had a slight splurge on the iCandy peach in red. Bit upset as the beckams got the same one and I can't stand them!!

AnywY yoga was good last night only mild sniggering and didn't get told off!!! Glucose test was totally fine too. So looks like he is just going to be big!! Arghh. At least can blame other halfs genetics rather than me eating too much cake!!

Hoping glad things going ok. And hope you are enjoying motherhood.

To everyone else. Hello

Lorraine. Here's hoping for some action!

Liz

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Elizmac" (Aug 4th 2011, 2:33pm)

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 3:07pm

Good afternoon lovely pregnant ladies :)

Elizmac - I din't know the Beckhams have the Peach - we're glad we didn't get one in the end (that was what we WERE going for!) - in the end we went for the cherry as my mate has one and it is fab. Great news about the GTT - it's such a relief isn't it? Just a few weeks left for you, you must be getting excited!!

Rallygirl - sorry about your hamster. It's always sad when we lose a pet, let alone when you are full of pregnancy hormones. :hugs:

Rocky - poor you xxxx It must be so hard at your stage. Hopefully you managed some cat naps today. Fingers crossed baby has found the right position for birth !! xxx

Taxi - wow, you have done well with the nursery - we haven't even started ours yet! Those are the colours we are going for too. I think they are perfect for a little girl! Can't wait to see pictures xx

Amazing grace - good to read you are taking it easy. Looks like your body is gearing up nicely for labour - and yes, definately stay away from those youtube vids - they are a nightmare!! xx

Lozza - good for you sticking to your guns about the sweep - how are you today? xx

Hope the rest of you are all doing OK

AFM - all is well here. The log cabin now has POWER to it! Hooorrraaaayyyyy!! :party: I had physio today 9finally) for extreme numbness and pain in my thighs. the phsio said it's most likely the baby pressing on nerves and gave me some excercises to do. Well see if that works.
We have the NCT breatsfeeding session tonight - can't WAIT!! My mate went to one and they had knitted boobies!! Don't think my DH will manage to keep his mouth closed if they get brought out. (literally hahahahaha!)
Busy weekend ahead - 10-3 antenatal on Saturday then we have a dog show to go to where we have a trade stand on Sunday so no renovations for us :(
Other than that, having a relaxing day and enjoying the COOL RAIN!!

:xxx3:

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Apr 26th 2009

Children: son 11 ICSI daugther 18 months

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 5:30pm

rally- sorry about the hamster!! We have a hamster ourselves, Erin, bur she is over 2 years now and barely walks,,,Im thinking of putting her to sleep as she quite often falls when walks and have problems with eating...tough one! Thats our first and last hamster I guess- they live way too short!!!
Al.

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 8:43pm

Hello ladies,

Long time no speak! Its time for me to move into this trimester, good to hear you are all doing well.

Sorry about your hamster Rally that awful.

Well I had a few days off this week which was great as it was so bleedling hot and we went shopping for the big things, got the pushchair, went for the icandy peach in red, it came highly recommended by a friend and seemed easy to play with in the shop, got the cot bed and car seat and moses basket, made a start on the nursery going with a train and tractor type theme, which came about more by accident as we bought bedding with it on then saw some really cute nursery pictures on line on a site called little crabs, they have quite a few for boys and girls. so I feel like I am getting a bit sorted.

On Monday I have my 4d scan, can't wait to see my little man again, I sure am getting big, people keep thinking I am further on than 28 weeks.

I will try keep in touch better I have been rubbish to be honest.

KJ

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 23rd 2010

Children: Crazy Jake!

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 9:10pm

Taxi and Mimi

Hi Girlies,
Sorry for butting in a bit early, but I come with important news!
It's a good job that Taxi was so organised with the nursery, because naughty little Mimi has decided to put in an appearance more than just a little bit early.
Taxi's waters broke very unexpectedly about 5 o'clock this afternoon, but as yet she isn't having any contractions, which is a good sign. She is tucked up in a lovely hospital bed, Mimi has been monitored and so far everything is ok. Taxi has had a big dose of steroids to beef up Mimi's lungs and is on antibiotics to prevent an infection now that her waters aren't intact anymore.
What we're all hoping for is that there are no contractions for 48 hours, then there is a chance the two lovely girlies can go home and that Mimi can cook for a little while longer.

I have promised her that we will all say lots of prayers for them both and think about them often. Also, if Mimi does come over the next couple of days as expected, then she will be in good hands and everything will be fine. Let's just all hope though that Mimi stays where she is.

I will be back as soon as I have any more info

blowkiss

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

DF - 37, multiple [zx151] problems

TTC - 5yrs,

ICSI Nov 2010 abandoned, poor response

ICSI Feb 2011 - :BFP: woohoo

11/10/11 bab22 born at 36w with extreme cardiac failure & hydrops
"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 9:19pm

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thinking of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Al.

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 10:19pm

wow - am shocked, praying no more contractions and Mimi stays put for the time being, pass on our love to her

hope you are doing ok on your sofa Sultry!
xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 10:35pm

Lots of love to Taxi and DH and xfingers Mimi stays comfy for a while yet.

:hugs:

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 11:24pm

Oh blimey, I wasn't expecting to read that before bed!!

Thinking of you all Taxi, and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that little miss stays put!!

Keep us posted xxx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Friday, August 5th 2011, 7:58am

Well, I logged on this morning in a vague hope there was some overnight news. I didn't think there would be, but you never know. I just hope Taxi is OK - and Mimi. She must be worried out of her mind.

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Friday, August 5th 2011, 8:06am

Taxi, mimi and daddy - thinking of you all and I pray that little mimi will cook for a bit longer xxx

Best wishes xxx [zx127]
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Friday, August 5th 2011, 8:36am

Hope you are all ok girls. Fingers crossed for taxi. Weren't her other children born at 28 weeks too?

Think I should stop complaining how fed up and uncomfy I am and be grateful my fatboy in still curled up and booting me.

Liz :cuddle

United Kingdom

Friday, August 5th 2011, 9:19am

Morning! Update from the antenatal ward is still no contractions (phew) and mum and baby doing ok. 4:45 tomorrow afternoon is the time she's aiming for, since 90% of ladies start contracting within 48hrs of membranes rupturing. Steroids again at 7pm unless the dreaded contractions start, and definitely staying in hospital at least til tomorrow.
She's slightly reassured by the fact that both her man-babies came at this gestation too, and they are now strapping young men; but it's still a massively scary time.
Hang on in there lovely girl
blowkiss

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

TTC - 5yrs,

"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Friday, August 5th 2011, 9:30am

hiya,
Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone luck with your births, i keep checking the announcement area and am looking forward to finding out how you all get on xx

Take care all xx

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Friday, August 5th 2011, 9:35am

Thinking of you Taxi. Hoping and praying you can hang on to your wee girl for as long as possible. [zx127]

xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Friday, August 5th 2011, 9:41am

wow, taxi - hope all ok, hang on in there Mimi x

Friday, August 5th 2011, 10:06am

the story with Taxi got me nervous, as I am just 2 weeks behind her....it just occur to me that it can happen now anytime!!! and we are not ready and oh well I rather moan for another 8-10 weeks!!! my younger cousin was born 30 years ago weighed 1kg in 27-28 week of pregnancy. he is fine tall healthy man today!! MIMI stay strong!!!
Al.

Friday, August 5th 2011, 12:58pm

Well - wasn't expecting to see that about Taxi yesterday - especially as she'd posted seeming fine after being out to order the pushchair! Hope they're doing OK.

Had MW appointment this morning and all OK except for she thinks I may have a urine infection so has sent the sample off to be tested. Bit confused though as she didn't say much apart from that the doctor's would ring me next week (prob Wed) if anything is found and I'd be given antibiotics. But now I'm worried as it's weekend and what if I get any bad syptoms Sat or Sun when nowhere is open? Anyone else had a urine infection? No symptoms up to now except for needing to pee all the time and feeling generally iffy - but I just put that down to being pregnant. So I'm booked back in for 2 weeks time when I'll be 3 days past DD and she's booked me in for a sweep then (unless it's all happened before then). Not sure if I'll have the sweep though as I've heard they can be painful. Just hoping it all happens before then.

Hope the rest of you are well xx

Friday, August 5th 2011, 1:16pm

sweep is horrible, had it once when pregnant with my son...never again!!
Al.

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, August 5th 2011, 3:06pm

Rocky - I had a sweep and for me it wasn't much more uncomfortable than a smear test. When they prod about it does make you have quite intense period pains but I found it bearable and it's only for a couple of minutes, if that. The sweep didn't work for me and I was induced a few days later as you know. I really hope your baby comes naturally before then as I think being induced is the most painful thing ever LOL! Good luck hun xx

Taxihome - hope you're OK and your LO decides to stay snug a while longer xx

Friday, August 5th 2011, 3:13pm

Hi all. Rocky. Don't worry too much re your urine, if you feel that rotten go to out of hours gp who will give you antibiotics regardless of whether your results are back yet. Fingers crossed it's just the joys of the baby sitting on your bladder!! 3 of my friends got sweeps and they all said they were fine. A bit uncomfy but nothing bad at all and 2 of them went into labour that day! So don't let other people experiences put you off if you need one. I am so keen to get my boy out think I would try anything nearer the time!!

Managed a walk to the shops today and now sitting by the sea with an ice cream. Yum.

Any word from Lorraine?

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Friday, August 5th 2011, 3:31pm

Gosh well that came as a shock.

Best wishes to taxi and mimi, I am sure they will both be just fine and they are in the best place now.

KJ

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Friday, August 5th 2011, 8:13pm

Rocky, I had a couple of UTIs last time, I never got any symptoms either and they didn't cause any problems, try not to worry.

Hope things happen naturaly before sweep, if you really don't fancy it then you can wait as providing there are no medical issues you can choose to just wait and see.

I scived from work today after the mw telling me to rest a bit but what with housework and DS1, not much rest was had. I did order the cotbed which I am chuffed to bits with, it should be here next Thursday so I am relieved that I am finally getting sorted. I just need to send DH up the loft to get the moses basket, stand, car seat etc and we are there :clap

Thinking of Taxi and will be hoping for some happy news tomorrow.

Hope everybody else is ok

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Friday, August 5th 2011, 8:41pm

Thinking of you Taxi and hope all is going well. xxx

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Children: daughter born 2002 & son born 2011

Friday, August 5th 2011, 11:14pm

Taxi- Thinking of you hun xo
me-30-fine
dh-34-low count

icsi-jan2011 xfingers :BFP: on 3/3/2011

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Saturday, August 6th 2011, 10:07am

Hiya ladies,

Oh what a shock to go on here and read about Taxi and her gorgeous baby girl - fingers crossed all is going to be ok. She is definitely in the right place - thanks for letting us know SS! xxx

Still nothing to report my end girls thats me 9 days over today and I am now officially starting to get a bit fed up, I just want to meet my wee boy SOOOOOOO much - what does he look like, who does he look like, does he have hair, is he big, will he be heavey???? Arrgghhh so many questions!

He is 3/5 down now which at least means he is heading in the right direction and he is completely happy and healthy - so didnt have a sweep but have to go back on Monday at 3.15pm to talk to the Dr seeing as though I refused induction - however I am hoping he might decide to come today or tomorrow to save me from that!!! Have had a few strange sensations in my bits over the night but nothing sore or anything that resembles a surge or anything but I think he might be on the move down and out!

Rocky I hope you are ok and you dont end up with a bad infection - you can always call triage at your hospital where te bay will be delivered over the weekend and they can help you so dont worry about not having the Dr. x

Ali sounds like you will soon be sorted for your new bubs coming along, I know its not easy but try and rest a wee bit especially over the weekend when ou can take advantage of having DH there! x

Liz - how are you doing? Sitting by the sea with an ice cream sounds just lovely! I think DH and I will take Archie-boy to the beach today at South Queensferry and do the same - the weather seems to be not too bad so far this morning anyway. x

Im sitting on my phone and cant see far back so hello to AG, Al, Hoping (big kiss to ~Nathan) and all you other lovely ladies.

Much love xxxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

United Kingdom

Saturday, August 6th 2011, 11:58am

I have posted in the other thread, but things have developed very quickly for Taxi and drum roll.................
She is currently in theatre having a C-section :faint:
As soon as I have any more news I'll let you know.
She says massive thank yous to everyone for thinking of her
Will be back soon with good news hopefully
blowkiss

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

TTC - 5yrs,

"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

Saturday, August 6th 2011, 12:35pm

Fingers crossed all will be ok!!!!!!!!
Al.

Saturday, August 6th 2011, 1:01pm

Ohhhhh thinking of you Taxi and Baby Mimi and hoping all is well with you all. xxx

United Kingdom

Saturday, August 6th 2011, 6:45pm

:congrats: :balloons: :congrats: :balloons:
Amelia Eva Mae Rance was born this morning at 11:25am.
She is extremely tiny, weighing in at a very dainty 2lbs 9ozs. She has a big mop of dark hair and apparently a decent set of lungs, shouting from the rooftops in theatre!

Mimi has had to go to the Intensive Care Unit for some help with her breathing and a little bit of extra support, but everyone is remaining hopeful that she will be a fighter like her Mummy and be out of there as soon as possible.

Taxi herself is obviously grinning from ear to ear, as is Mr Taxi! Her legs are just starting to come back after the epidural, so she'll be back down in that NICU after a shower and a cuppa, clucking like a Mummy hen over her little princess. She's also over the moon that she doesn't have to buy her DH a birthday prezzie for Monday now, though I feel it's a bit OTT myself!!!!

Obviously this is going to be a scary time for Taxi, and for baby Mimi, but we know she is made of strong stuff and I'm sure she'll be on soon with a humorous take on the whole situation!

But until then, a very Happy Birthday to baby Mimi, massive congratulations to both Taxi and Gav and we can't wait to her from you with a picture of your curly girly!

blowkiss

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

TTC - 5yrs,

"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

Saturday, August 6th 2011, 7:02pm

:party: :xxx3: starsmile :birthdaycake: :weehee: :rainbow: :rose: :wine: :congrats: :balloons:
Al.

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Saturday, August 6th 2011, 10:27pm

Wow congratulations to my due date buddy, Taxi how wonderful your little girl is here with a good set of lungs. Hope you are feeling well and have now had the opportunity to get down to NICU to meet Amelia - take care XXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 9:13am

Congratulations Taxi and Mr T on the birth of baby Amelia. I hope bubs continues to go from strength to strength and you can get lots of cuddles soon.
Lx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Hoping77

What's Up?

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 10:26am

Just wanted to say congratulations to Taxihome. I hope your little girl is home soon xx

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 5:49pm

OMG congratulations Taxi, on the arrival on Mimi, I haven't been online for so long as my dad accidentally cut my phone cable so even though talktalk kindly got us up and running quickly we still cannot access it from home so I'm using my mums very quickly.

I hope that everything is OK with Taxi and Mimi, I shall be thinking of you, I assume you must have only been 30 weeks pregnant and when I get the chance I shall read through all that has been going on.

How is everyone doing?

Not sure when I last posted but had a sweep on wednesday which has not had the added effect of baby arriving within 72 hours. I have however had 2 days of continuous braxon hicks which were very uncomfortable (not painful). But today I have not had as much movement or BH. I see the midwife again tomorrow for another sweep, so fingers crossed something happens as I really don;t want to be induced

Got to go, laptop about to die. Be in touch soon

xxxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 6:40pm

Hello hello!

I have just signed into fertility zone website after being away for a good long while.

We have had a crazy few months and so I havent been on the computer much. Brents (my DF) dad had some bad news that seemed to come from absolutely no where and we have been helping his parents through that. He was diagnosed out of the blue with cancer of the kidney. He had a 18cm tumour that had been lying there unknown that needed to be removed very quickly. Poor man didnt even have time to blink so you can imagine the stressful time we have been having. He has had it out now and is finally recovering well but he is still not out of the woods as he has nodules on his lungs and the kidney tumour was attached to his bowel. So he has another appointment this week and will have to have chemo like drugs to ensure it doesnt spread or cause him any more harm We have been on an emotional rollercoaster for the last 2 years and Brent and I feel absolutely worn out. We have spent so many nights on the phone to his parents, up at the hospital, round at theres helping them through it. We had such happy news back at the beginning of the year with the news of our twins and then its all kinda taking a back seat so that we could concentrate on getting Brents dad better. I am so sorry for abandoning everything on here for so long as I was enjoying keeping up with all the baby news. Well anyway on the positive side I am practically 31 weeks pregnant now with our twins. They have been growing really well. I had 12 weeks of hyperemesis and constant sickness from week 4 to about week 16 and since then I have been doing pretty well. I have a few iron probs that are still causing me grief but apart from that all is healthy with twins and Brent and I. For those that have long forgotten about little old me.,........I am having a boy and a girl and I have enjoyed every minute of their growing. They wiggle like crazy and limbs stick out from all angles. Sometimes my whole stomach doesn't stop moving for hours!

Obviously I feel completely in the dark about all your lovely lovely pregnancies and I am again so sorry for not being there for u all. I have read the recent news and I am thrilled with Taxi's news!!!!! Both parents must be over the moon!!!!! Hope Amelia is doing well and Taxi girl you keep grinning as long as you like!

Well I am off work on school holidays now and even though I planned to take my maternity leave on 23rd September ( 3 weeks after kids go back to school) we have just had an antenatal clinic meeting with oour consultant and he has told us that they wont let us go past 37/38 weeks with twins so that has moved due date from 11th Oct to 20th/27th Sept. So only about 6/7 weeks to go!!! Whoop! Nursery all done and bags all packed! Ready to go go go! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all well. Would love to ehar all your news from all the girls on here espec all the ones I started treatment with.

Lots of love

Shell xxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Monday, August 8th 2011, 11:19am

just popping by to say huge congrats to taxi on the birth of little mimi. Good to hear your both doing well and i hope u'll both be home soon. Xxx

hiya to the rest of u lovely ladies. Hope your all doing well and this last stretch isn't dragging too much.

Xxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Monday, August 8th 2011, 11:43am

Morning Ladies

Welcome back Mashy, lovely to hear from you again. I remember you right from the beginning and have wondered how you were getting on. Glad that hyperemesis finally went, you were so poorly!! :)

Adreamz, all the best for the 2nd sweep today. xfingers this is it!!! Cant wait to hear news of your new arrival. [zx127]

Taxi and family, hope you're all doing well :xxx3:

:hi: to all other 3rd tri ladies. Just waiting for news from next arrival!!! Lozza hopefully your wee boy has made an appearance at last. Who'll be next??? It's so exciting.

AFM - did last bits of shopping at the weekend as we dont have any free weekends left before our little girl is due. Pram and other big bits being delivered in 3 weeks and i just need to wash clothes, blankets, bedding etc and that's us done! Oh, not done hospital bag yet but i've got time to get that sorted. I'm kind of waiting to see how my scan goes in a couple weeks (to check placental position) to see whether i start with perineal massage etc.
We also bought a new hamster on Saturday. She is white and fluffy and very cute. She cant ever replace Susan but will help fill the hole in our hearts. I know hamster's aren't everyones cup of tea and i'm being a bit pathetic but she was ace and we really miss her. I'd have cats and dogs if i could but Dh is allergic to everything so hamsters are about as big as we can go!!
Got toothache again :tears: so off to dentist tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted. Cant live with toothache and need it fixed. I had a filling at 15 weeks and all was fine so not overly worried about having more x-rays and anaesthetic, i'm assured its completely safe in pregnancy.

Take care ladies and have a nice day!!! xxx

Monday, August 8th 2011, 11:57am

Hi all. Congratulations taxi. Hope all goes well and mimi gets strong.

Rally that's was I did re perineum massage snd waited til scan at 34 weeks. I am rubbish at remembering though, trying to and also pelvic floor exercises!!
I need to pack bags now I guess. Done bag for fatboy as we are calling him but have no clue what to put in mine clothes wise. What on earth do you wear to give birth I don't fancy being naked as I know half the staff!! Am actually getting quite scared about giving birth but am so uncomfy now am sure nearer the time I will just want him out!!

Still waiting for nesting to take effect. I want the house tidy I just don't want to tidy it!!

May make brownies today to freeze. We have loads of beetroot from our allotment and don't quite know whT to do with it so beetroot brownies it is!!
Adreamz good look with sweep, Lorraine hope things have happened!! Amazing graze are you up after that!! Ooh think it's then me and alibird! Gulp.

Enjoy your day girls, it's tipping it down here.
Liz x

Monday, August 8th 2011, 12:20pm

Hello all!! Mashy- sorry about your f-i-l but hope it will all go well!!
Rally- we dont want anymore hamsters or any other short-life creatures...this time- gekko probably!!!
STUPID QUESTION- did anyone of u got feeling at some point that her belly got smaller?????
Al.

Monday, August 8th 2011, 12:57pm

Well Im STILL here ladies - I dont think baby g wants to come out at all!! Have the Dr at the clinic at 3.15pm today so hopefully will have more of a plan or idea whats what. had a few twinges over the weekend but nothing to write home about to be honest. Im definitely getting a wee bit fed up now just sitting about waiting and waiting, dog walking, baking, cleaning, calling my WORK (what the heck), sorting DH's clothes, shopping on line - GOD HE HAS TO COME SOON BECAUSE IM RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO DO!

Good luck today with your sweep Adreamz and heres hoping your little one will be here soon!

Rally - congrats on your new hamster (I love hamsters, I had George my little man for 6years - the vet reckoned he was one of the oldest hamsters ever)! Got a dog now called Archie who is 19months and a fish called Charlie who is 11! You sound very organised too! I didnt pack my hospital back until a few weeks ago and look at me almost 42weeks and still no sign of the wee man! Toothache is the PITS - I had tooth out 2 weeks ago as the antibiotics were not working, its done me and the baby no harm so just do whatever makes you feel more comfortable, thinking about birth should be all you need to concentrate on not toothache too!

Liz - beetroot brownies sound great!!! Mind you Im so into eating right now it unbelievable - I thought our tummys got smaller as the baby gets bigger but I swear I can eat for Scotland most days! My nesting didnt kick in until a few weeks ago which was annoying as it was when I should have been relaxing - Im sure it wont be long until you cant sit down and have your marigolds on!

Booboo - lovely t hear from you, hope you are all well and Lydia is being a good wee girl for her mummy and daddy! Cant believe she is 4 weeks already! x

Hello to everyone else, hope all is well and I will keep you updated on how my appointment goes later today x

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Monday, August 8th 2011, 1:28pm

hey Ladies,

Hope you are all well,

Mashy - so good to hear from you, you know what is weird just this weekend i was just thinking about how you hadn't been on here in ages , and then you pop up again! glad to hear all is going well with twinnies and you feel a lot better, am really sorry about your Brent's dad, hope he gets better soon.

Lozza - still here! Baby Gee is obviously way to comfy in there, surprised you have the energy to do everything you are talking about now, hope you get some movement soon!

Liz - lol re the naked comment, in my diary i said exzct the same thind, we saw these dreadful NCT pics of women totally naked letting it all hang out with fetal monitors strapped on to them, they honestly looked like something from a dodgy S&M 70s porno! i will def be covered up :snigger:

Rally girl - am so sorry to hear about Susan, our hamsters always use to escape when we had them years ago, good to hear you have another little one, what have you called her? when is your placenta scan? mine is at 35 weeks so 6th Sept, was yours low lying as well?

A-dreamz - hope sweep wasn't too painful, and the BH's have let up - any more news?

Taxi - am sure you won't be checking on here but if you do - big love to you, Gav & Mimi and hope she is putting on weight

big hello to Daisy, Stacey, Ali and everyone else on here who i have missed

AFM - i am not a happy bunny at the moment, i woke up in agony last night at 2am when turned over in bed, really bad pain in groin, James woke up as well as he could hear me, think he thought i had gone into early labour bless him, it took a paracetamol and about 20 mins to go then went back to sleep, James did some googling when he got up and said it sounded like SPD - i looked into it as well and it does which i am gutted about, has anyone else had any experience of this? am really scared in case it gets really bad and i need crutches or wheelchair!!! I have so much nice stuff planned when i finish work in the month i am off and it all need a functioning pair of legs! it isn't really hurting any more but am still very worried about it :tears:

other than that all ok, Molly moving loads, i had a dream i could see her hand print on my stomach....had a busy weekend and two 3 hour NCT classes tonight and tomorrow - oh the fun!

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Monday, August 8th 2011, 1:32pm

I have low lying placenta scan on 19 August when I will finish 30 weeks...
Al.

Monday, August 8th 2011, 1:36pm

Anna- I have sth similar and I can hear my joints cracking at night when changing position!! Im gonna talk to my MW tomorrow
Al.

Monday, August 8th 2011, 1:39pm

Anna I had a low plecenta scan at 28 weeks and 34 weeks. They were
Positive it wouldnt move and I would need a section but move it did by a whopping 6 cm!! Loads of my friends had them too. Must be more common than I thought. All of them ended up giving birth normally as they all moved so fingers crossed for you.

I saw that film too with the naked women
In!! We thought it was dodgy too!!!
I just developed pelvic and groin pain a couple weeks ago. It comes and goes. Worse at night. Yoga been helping a lot though.

Liz

Monday, August 8th 2011, 4:49pm

Hi all,

Getting a bit impatient now! Really hope this baby does not go overdue.

Adreamz - hope your sweep went OK and things get started soon xx

Rallygirl - sorry about your hamster. I know how hard it is when pets die. We had a chicken die last night - think it must have been attacked - probably a fox. Was really upsetting and something I could have done without at the moment.

Elizmac - how awful for you knowing the staff!! I've been told to take a couple of old nighties for labour - don't wear nighties so have bought a couple of cheap ones. I too do not like the thought of being completely naked - but when the time comes we probably won't care!!

Lozza - how did you get on? I'm booked in for a sweep a week on friday (3 days past DD) but hoping it will be out by then. Can totally sympathise with how you must feel. I'm so uncomfortable and fed up and you're further than me. Hope it happens soon.

Masy - nice to see you back - soory to hear you've had such a difficult few months. Hopefully things are getting better now.

AFM - uncomfortable and seriously itchy.I'm covered in marks where I can't stop scratching myself. Haven't bothered seeing doc as I know he will just give me piriton. I've not taken anything al the way through so figure that I should just put up with it now for the next week or so. Getting very difficult though. Hope everyone is well xx

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests