You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Apr 26th 2009

Children: son 11 ICSI daugther 18 months

Friday, July 29th 2011, 12:07pm

Big Congrats to Hoping and Mum82!!!! :thumbsup2: [zx126] bigkiss
Al.

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Friday, July 29th 2011, 12:07pm

just a quick one....

wow - huge :congrats: to both Hoping and Mum!

can't believe how quick yours was Mum! Hoping, hope you are bearing up ok after your trauma and you are feeling better.

can't wait to see pics of Nathan & Sophia

xx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Friday, July 29th 2011, 12:21pm

Congratulations Mum82!!! Was only thinking earlier on that you must be next. Lovly to hear that you had such a positive experience and are home and well. Keep us upated xx

Who's next then??

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Friday, July 29th 2011, 12:25pm

That's great mum82. We needed a nice labour story!!! Enjoy!!!

Liz c

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Friday, July 29th 2011, 12:59pm

I said it on the borth announcement but will repeat it - :congrats: to Mum! What a quick labour!

(all secretly hoping we have the sam experience!!!)

And welcome to Alex - good to see you here

:xxx3:

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Friday, July 29th 2011, 1:03pm

Absolutely lovely news Hoping and Mum82 :congrats: !!! Welcome Nathan and Sofia. :xxx3:

Hi Al.ex, glad you can join us here.

Hang in there Rocky, not too long for you now. I know this lack of sleep is a bit crap isn't it, but i guess we'll be well practised cos it'll only continue. :snigger:

Daisy, great news on the scan hun. I'm meeting my cons in a few weeks so i'm curious to see what he's like.

Elizmac, hope your feeling a bit better after your wee float around the pool. Dont feel guilty hun, i too blame our little madam for keeping me awake sometimes cos i'm just so grumpy and tired!!! Feel like a bad mummy and she's not even here yet!!

Adreamz, so glad the probate came through :thumbsup: and roll on Tue. Just try not to do too much and let the movers help as much as possible. I was nowhere near as far along as you when we moved last month but i nearly broke myself trying to do too much.

Sorry ladies, cant see any further back to do more personals, hi Taxi and Anna and everyone else :hi:

AFM, still having crap nights but getting naps in when i can. Had coffee with lovely ladies this morning and it's families happy hour in the mess tonight which means we dont need to cook tea tonight. Phil's off rallying again so going to be a lonely weekend but my big sis is up staying with my folks in Edinburgh for a bit so going to go through on Sunday. She's not seen me since i was 6weeks preggers so will be interesting to see if she thinks i'm big or neat.

Have a fab weekend. xxx

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Friday, July 29th 2011, 1:16pm

just popping by to say huuuuuuge congratulations to mum82 and hoping.

Mum - what a great fast labour, although some stitches but always worth it. Enjoy hun your new complete family.

Hoping- hope your feeling better after your long labour. Nathans pictures on fb are so cute.

I've been keeping an eye on the rest of u. I must say i don't miss all the pregnancy symptoms u all have...lol. But as soon as u have your lo's all CPT, indigestion and such like disapears....but

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Friday, July 29th 2011, 1:20pm

something happened and there's only half of my last sentence...lol.

Anyways once your lo arrives all symptoms will disappear and soon be forgotten about.

Can't wait for the next arrivals in here.

All u lovelies and your bumps take care xxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, July 29th 2011, 4:16pm

:hi: Al ex

:congrats: Mum 82 :rainbow: :balloons: :weehee:

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 10:45am

Thanks for all your well wishes. Nathan is doing lovely and I am recovering slowly but surely. My legs are swollen from the spinal block so a bit difficult to walk about but otherwise OK. My DH has just taken him out in his pram for his first trip to the local shop and to also get a bit of a sun as his face is slightly jaundice.

Struggling with BF as he won't latch on so currently expressing what I can and giving him that as well as formula. Got a lady from a place called Little Angels coming round on Monday to give me some guidance re BF. My boobs have grown overnight as my milk has come through so hoping that means I can express more.

Mum82 - congratulations on the birth of Sofia. Lovely name. I would've had that for a girl if my friends daughter wasn't called it. I hear lots of positive stories about your 2nd labour being a lot quicker and less painful because our body's have been through it. I have to say though my labour has put me off wanting to go through it again even though people are assuring me the 2nd time isn't as bad. Congratulations again hun xx

Rocky - I was in one of the rooms on the 2nd floor on Wednesday night. I was in a room with 2 others but we hardly spoke as we were so engrossed in our babies LOL! SH were great overall and the nurses were lovely. As I was there for a few days I saw lots of different ones throughout their shifts. Some were nicer and more friendlier than others but that's to be expected. They really want you to BF and one or two made me feel bad because he wasn't latching on which stressed me out a little. I hate it when they put pressure on you but my poor boy was screaming for food and we were both getting stressed so in the end I gave him Aptimal just so he could eat. I suspect most hospitals are like that re BF. What did you think of the tour? My husband made a point of asking about the drips as I was put on a saline drip and they now have 2 nurses administer it so they can double check it - this is because of what happened there. I felt perfectly safe though xx

So who is due next then? I see lots of you are coming over from the 2nd tri, which is great.

As Booboo says, once you have given birth all your symptoms disappear. I haven't had heartburn since and last night I slept on my back, which was heaven, albeit not for very long as was up with my little boy at 3am. DH did the early shift and I did the late shift LOL!

An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 11:19am

thank u ladies for the welcome :))
afm- stuck at home :( til the end :( on 19 august having extra scan for placenta position and a check up and they will decide when C-S...anyway with C-S I have maximum 76 days left...cotbed arrives on monday and we only need to buy diapers and grooming essentials :) baby is moving loads and she is putting loads of pressure down there, sometimes i wfeel like she will fall out!!!!! the biggest minus in my life now is lack of sleep and house renovation.... X(
Al.

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 2:15pm

Hi everyone,

What a lovely day....too hot for me in this condition though!!

Hoping - nice to hear from you and glad you are recovering. Don't expect too much of yourself as it sounds like you've been through quite a trauma. I can understand how you must be feeling about the BF but try not to worry - I'm sure this person will help you on Monday and it sounds like you're doing a great job expressing bits anyway. The tour was quite good and I'm glad I've been now so know what to expect. The first room we went in was one of the normal labour rooms (not the birthing centre) and it was VERY hot in there. The MW did say that it gets hot and can be 90 degrees!! (Why do they not have air conditioning then? I've struggled with being too hot all the way through so goodness knows how I'll cope in labour). Then the MW took us to the birthing centre to see one of the rooms with the birth pool - might try this but I'm really not good with pain so not feeling very positive that the water will do much for me! Did you try the remifentanyl? I just want it to be over now as I'm getting nervous. I asked my MW about the saline and she said that 2 people now have to administer and check everything so I'm feeling better about it all. Anyway take care and let your DH look after the 2 of you while you recover xx

Well correct me if I'm wrong but from memory I think it's me and Adreamz next on 16th August?? As others have said..I'm finding it very frustrating not being able to do very much. I'd like to sort out lots of cupboards but I simply don't have the energy. Keep thinking that I don't even have enough energy to get through labour when it happens!! Enjoy the nice weather everyone xx

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 5:20pm

Hi Rocky

Yes I tried the remi drug and honestly I didn't think it helped. It made me very sick (vomiting) and I was totally out of it. I couldn't speak properly and wasn't making any sense. Not sure if this is how it affects others but this is how it was for me. I really wanted to go in the pool but once the contractions kicked in good and proper I decided I wanted a stronger pain relief drug instead of just gas and air. I tried pethadine but it didn't really help. I knew my pain threshold was rubbish but I was personally surprised at how none of the drugs seem to help ease the pain for me. Though with inductions they do say the pain and contractions are intensified because really our bodies are being forced to go into labour when they're not ready. Also they gave me a drug to speed up the contractions so we could get to the pushing stage but my body wasn't ready to push, I didn't get the urge to push that you should get near the end so it was really hard to push plus it wasn't helped that his head was stuck.

I didn't find it warm in the delivery suite to be honest but like I said I was too out of it to notice. I was going to post my full birth story in my diary but I've been told I'm no longer a member so will leave it for now plus it's not a nice easy, quick, birth story so would probably scare people LOL. Though if you have read Shelley's birth story mine was pretty similar to hers in length and resulting in being taken to theatre.

I think Lozza is next actually to give birth as she is due any day now. I remembered after I posted. Though as mum has just given birth 2 weeks early it could be any of you really :eyebrows:

Looking forward to hearing news of more arrivals.

An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 8:39am

I tried posting yesterday and after I had written my essay I lost it all so I'm going to try again today.

Many congratulations to MUM82 :congrats: sounds like you had an amazing labour although must have been a little scary that it was all going so fast infront of your little man. I hope Sofia and you are doing really well.

Liz, how was your swim on friday. I went swimming too and was a little upset that I can no longer do front crawl as it pulled too much on my stomach, so only breast stroke from now (which takes me longer but I still did my 40 lengths!!). The house needs completely modernising but I think we have come to realise that not as much will be completed before our LO arrives so we may just run a lick of paint everywhere to freshen it up but concnetrate later on really doing it up.

Daisy, glad to hear your growth scan went ok and even though it felt a waste of time I hope it put you mind at rest. Will you get another scan in 4 weeks or just a consultant appoitment?

Rocky, how are you feeling hun? Relax now you are off work. Forget the cupboards, it really doesn;'t matter how clean they are, your LO wont care!!! Just take it easy and prepare for labour (time is flying by so it really wont be long) I'm trying to eat more carbs in preparation for labour now, or simply anything I like (or can find in my now bare cupboards, I'm looking forward to tesco shopping on wednesday so i can fill up with lots of goodies!!).

Welcome to 3rd tri Al, I hope that your placenta is ok but if you have to have a c-section then at least you will know when LO will arrive!!

Rallygirl, I have done lots of packing yesterday, which exhausted me and i ended up haveing an hours sleep (very unlike me!!) but when he started lifting heavy boxes to move them to my dads garage I took my dads dog for a walk, becasue I feel so useless and know I will end up trying to do more than I should!! Was your sister shocked at how big you have got? I hope that your weekend has not been too boring without DH.

Booboo, I'm loving that picture, she is truely beautiful!!!

Hoping, sounds like you had a very traumatic labour, did they have to use forcepts? Oh lying on your back, I really cannot wait. I still find lying on my side a nightmare and frustratingly I am better on my right than left, but I want to make sure LO gets in a good position so try my best. Sorry to hear that BF has been very difficult. Shame that you couldn't have got some help before monday but I'm sure they will be wonderful.

AFM: After tomorrow I may not be able to keep in touch as much as we will to have internet access until talktlk set us up again (and I've been told they are rubbish at that!!) The house move itself isn't really worrying me. We have moved out alot of our boxes and have removal people doing the very heavy things. I intend to sit in the new house and start unpacking it all!! What is stressing me out a bit is that my dad will bring his partner and my mum probably wont help when she is around!!! Not sure how I can explain that I need as many hands as possible to get everything done!!! Really looking forward to setting up my nursing chair as soon as I get it in the house!!! Its all a bit serial now that we are finally moving and I don't think I will believe it till we get in!! My LO isn't as fidgety as before, I'm thinking its because its running out of space but just wondering if others found this at 37 weeks? I've got a consultand and scan appointment tomorrow because I'm changing hospitals so I will speak to them about it.

Anyway I hope that you are all having a wonderful weekend, it looks like a sunny one, (even if I'm stuck inside packing I probably couldn't cope with the heat!!) xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 8:52am

Hi all. Well had a fab nights sleep only waking up to per twice!!!! Better thZn my usual 5 times!! New memory foam pillows too. V good.
Avoiding bean bag sleeping for a while as got stuck in it the other day.

Good luck with the move adreamz. Yeah I can't do crawl either anymore as my sides pull, by pelvis aches if I do too much breaststroke so doing some crazy made up style just now. I get bored after about 30 lengths though!! Just quite like the floaty feeling of being in the water. Feel massive on dry land! Dud you suddenly expand at about 34/35 weeks. Although I felt big I was quite neat with a smallish bump and it's suddenly become huge. Getting a bit concerned as they dud measure too much fluid but just wondered if everyone grew more then too.

Think you are next hey?? Then maybe rocky?? Then me and alibird? Lorraine may be in there too.

Have put myself on a low sugar diet just in case while I wait for the GTT on wed. So no goodies for me. Pah. Oh well will help with the post baby diet hey. It is somewhat ironic they said for weeks I would need a section for a very low posterior placenta and baby was small. Now it moved miles out the way in a few weeks and I have to push out a giant!!! Not sure which way round I would prefer!!

Enjoy your Sunday's girls
Liz x

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 9:29am

Good morning ladies - and what a beautifull morning it is! Hope it doesn't get too hot for us all.

Elizmac - Wow, the incredible shifting placenta. Sounds like an adventure story! It must feel strange that you have got used to the idea of a c-section and now you are faced with the prospect of a big push. It'll meant a quicker recovery for you hun, just start rubbing oil into your hoohaa now! :laugh:

Adreamz - my appointment is for another growth scan AND then the consultant. Hopefully they will just tell me to bugger off again. Good luck with the house move and all of that. You seem to be pretty much in control of everything though. And very laid back about it too! Wish I was more like you x Hopefully ALL the parents will help out - just get very firm and play up that pregnancy card!

Rocky - Don't you just wish you had a magic wand to wave that would clean out the cupboards for you??? And don't worry, I am sure the body stores up secret stores of pushing energy! xx

Alex - UGH - 3 weeks stuck at home! Poor you - how are you keeping yourslef entertained? Do you have friends who are local that can come round? Hope so xx

Rallygirl - hope your weekend hasn't been toooooo lonely. Hope you are having a lovely day with your sister today - did she go Royals spotting on the Royal Mile yesterday???

Anna - how are those pesky nosebleeds? Hop ethey are clearing up again. You won't have any blood left if you're not careful!!

Taxi - how are you doing my lovely? Hope all is well. xx

AFM - my house is in CHAOS! We are getting on with all the room moves - the study has now been moved to the log cabing, the old study is now the new dining room, the (5 full size and full of books) bookshelves are now in the dining room, moved from the hall. Today we are emptying the nursery and starting on getting that ready. There is crap everywhere, ugh. Still, it's going to be great when it is all done - and we are both sleeping really well! I only woke up once for a wee last night - BLISS!
Ah well, better get on with it! Hope you are all well xxxxx

My diary

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 9:47am

Morning Ladies

Just a quick post before i leave for Edinburgh.

Daisy, happy furniture moving. Hope you're not overdoing it!!!

Liz, i'm with you on the cutting down sugar. I did as soon as i heard i'd need a GTT. Intake is slightly creeping up again since i'm obviously all clear. :O

Adreamz, all the best for the move on Tuesday. Get the nursing chair set up first then you can sit there all day. Is it a glider? I'm getting one and cant wait to try it out.

Hoping, hope you are well hun and little Nathan is getting the hang of the breastfeeding malarky. Boys can sometimes be a bit lazy and take a wee bit longer to get the hang of it.

Rocky, are you drinking raspberry leaf tea yet? Poor Hoping has well and trully made me think i absolutely dont want to be induced so i'll be starting it as soon as it's recommended.

Hi to everyone else this Sunday morning.

AFM - had such a lovely sleep on Friday without Phil (boo!) but last night was awful so at least i know Friday was a fluke. I woke up at 4:30 this am, eventually got up at 6:30 and had some breakfast cos i was hungry. Managed to doze for another hour after i'd eaten. Got an afternoon now with family and my Sis's 2 liveliest children. Oh well, must try not to be grump Aunty Sonya!!! BTW, Daisy, yes my sis was in town with my mum yesterday and the groom walked right past them. They weren't allowed to take any photos though.

Anyway, going to head off while traffic still quiet. Catch you later ladies.

xxx

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 10:10am

Hi guys!!
Daisy- problem with friends visiting is that we are renovating house and there is no-where to sit!!!!!! hopefully this week they will finish living room.....
Adreamz- thats true, and considering how poorly I feel the idea of having baby in circa 75 days cheers me up...just hope we will finish renovation by than!!!
Have a lovely Sunday!!! :happy:
Al.

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 1:03pm

Lots happening on here! I don't seem to have much chat at the moment and just feel that i'm doing the same things - nesting, cleaning and lunching with my ladies! Cannot believe i've only got 24 days to go - unbelievable!! I have to say I am getting to the stage that I would just like our little on here safe and well now. 24 days!!! My midwife is pretty sure that I won't go over my date either, but we will see what happens with that one. I do think that baby has dropped a little this past few days and I definitely have more pressure on my pelvis. Been changing beds today and sorting out stuff I need to give back to people. Everyone was SOOOO kind giving me books, maternity clothes, baby stuff etc when I got pregnant, but it is taking over my house! So, giving back what i don't need anymore or find that I won't really use. Very kind of people, but the baby gear does take over the house anyway! Been really busy getting out and about lately, but thinking I need to slow down. Having a day at home today, which is well needed. DH and I are convinced we're having a boy - not really sure why! We have just been calling the baby by the boys name we have chosen, but decided that we better include a feminine part just incase! So he's our boys name and Bella! Although we are still no further along with choosing a girls name. Think that one will just have to wait until the baby is born. Hope you all have lovely Sundays. xxx

Al - Hope your renovations go well and you are keeping fine.

Rallygirl - have a nice day with family and hope the weather is nice with you.

Hoping - hope you are recovering well and your little one is doing great.

Daisy - good luck with the big move - sounds like you are all organised and will be so worth it once you get in to the new place and get it all sorted for baby coming.

Liz - Pleased to hear that you've been getting a better nights sleep.

Rocky - your tour sounded great. I'm with you on the lack of energy! Feel like I need lots more sleep just now and rest between tasks.

Adreamz - I'm just behind you and my little one is not moving around so much. I asked the midwife about it and she said exactly what you are thinking. You can get less movement towards the end as there simply isn't enough room for the baby to move. You should still feel them moving, but the movements are just different. I have to say our little one has never been overly active anyway, but I do feel him/her everday. I can always feel the bum as it is sticking out around my ribcage area!

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 1:12pm

I envy you all energy to do things, me due to low pressure etc - :faint: im tired all the time!!!! and the worse bit is im sooo big that yesterday my DH had to put my panties on me as I couldnt!!!!!!!! [zx062] im getting also out of breath...and ooooh why this pregnancy was so tough from the start??? :sadface:
Al.

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 11:07pm

Well hello all you yummy mummy's to be!!! I just can't seem to keep up with you all these days!

Just a quick post as on my phone but wanted to say hello and I am reading all your news and trying to keep up to date buthave been really crap at replying as since stopping work I've been staying clear of the computer for a while!

Not much to report my end, still waiting on my wee boy to make an appearance but to be honest I dot think it's goingto be anytime soon! Don't feel any different, still feeling fine, not bloated or anything and have no twinges or pains???? I have the midwife on Thursday whic will be 1 week past my edd and they have offere me a sweep but I have said no. I just want to wait until the wee boy is ready.

Anyway I will go on the big computer tomorrow and do some personals.

Take care ladies xxxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 11:51pm

Hi all you lovely blooming laydeez.

Sorry for lack of personals. I seem to have really been hit with the yawns latley. :tired: I also nod off on occasions like my gran used too. I even fell asleep having a wee. :mmmmmm Granted it was in the middle of the night but still its kind of abnormal. :whoops:
I have been getting this weird feeling in my cervix. It feels like its blowing bubbles. (No its not a hoohaa wind pass). :pout It is freaky.
I also had my collarbone and armpits swell over the weekend. The collarbone freaked me out. :headache
Other breaking news besides the front bubbles and swelling issues is DH refuses to have naughties with me. He reckons its not right on account of the baby having her eyes open now. :scared: DICK!

Sorry again for lack of personals. :angel2: I have read through everythiing but i forgot it 3 seconds later. :flowers: Sorry. i really do miss my brain. Hope it returns soon. :xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3:

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Jul 31st 2011, 11:52pm)

Monday, August 1st 2011, 5:05am

He reckons its not right on account of the baby having her eyes open now.

lmao lmao lmao

That's sooooooooooo funny!!! So, she can see THROUGH your uterus and past your cervix????!! Amazing stuff! Ahhhh, what a GREAT way to start the day :) Thanks Taxi :xxx3:

Ps - hope you find your brain soon too - falling asleep on the toilet...poor you!! xx

My diary

Monday, August 1st 2011, 7:42am

Taxi ur whole post is very funny!!!!! :)
cotbed just arrived!!!! (7 am)...but no place to put it until all works done....
is it just me or someone else is having leaking sensations??? Im obsessed with it but either I sweat or...pee... :O have HORRIBLE pains over night in my legs but not cramps more like bone pains...feel miserable in general in my head :(
Al.

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Monday, August 1st 2011, 9:01am

hey ya'll, hope everybody is good, congrats to mum and hoping :clap

Sorry for lack of personals but after a week on holiday I have loads to catch up with at work, very inconsiderate I think!

We had a fab holiday and the weather was brilliant, though I did struggle in the heat a little bit. My hips are deffinately better which I think is thanks to DHdoing all running around and lifting for me for a week, I think I need to employ a full time nanny just to run around :snigger: Only 2 weeks until I finish work so I plan to take it VERY easy. DS1 has decided that he no longer wants to go to bed at night which has left me stressed out and tired, xfingers it's just a phase. Had loads of braxton hicks while I was away, they are very painful and frustrating but at least I get to practise my breathing and relaxation.

Right, must get back to work, love to ya'll blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Monday, August 1st 2011, 9:18am

Hi all.
Alibird I don't envy you that last couple of weeks at work. I start my leave today. Am on feet quite a lot and was knackered. Glad your hips are a bit better.
Taxi you know I get that feeling in my bits when he headbuts or punches my cervix. Witnessed the attack on ultrasound last week!!!
There is a fantastic Billy conolly sketch about a boy who is looking for his long lost father and when he finds him he just repeatedly pokes him in the head and says " how do you like it". This was all after a ling bit of how some blokes don't like having sex with a pregnant women in case they poke it in the head!! You may even find it on u tube.

Daisy. Rather alarmingly I read they can see through the uterus and skin to detect daylight late on in pregnancy so you never know what they may see!!!!

Hi everyone else. Am off for some shopping today while I can still fit through a door!! May have to limit shopping to shoes jewllery bags and beauty products and ignore the clothes. Mind you that's still quite easy to induce bankruptcy !!

Byr

Monday, August 1st 2011, 9:55am

Rather alarmingly I read they can see through the uterus and skin to detect daylight late on in pregnancy so you never know what they may see!!!!

Oh, there's daddy............there his is again...............and again...............and again................and again. Oh, where's he gone now?

hehehehe! :laugh:

Elizmac - enjoy the start of your maternity leave. make sure you RELAX and put your feet up!!

Ali bird - glad you had a great time away. The last push now before 3 becomes 4 - though I do hope you DS gets some sleep tonight!

Alex - I don't have eaking sensations but I am a lot more sweaty and there is defo a lot more discharge (sorry TMI). Panty liners are a must! Sorry you are feeling down :hugs:

Lozza - nice to hear from you. You are so close to the end - hope it all goes well for you and bubs puts an appearance in soon x

Amazing Grace - totally understand what you mean about baby stuff taking over the house. It's driving my DH mad! Just think though - in such a short space of time there will be a baby needing all that stuff!!

Rallygirl - how strange that people weren't allowed to take piccies of the Royals?! Anyway, hope you had a great time with your sis. How did DH get on with the rally?

To everyone else .... blowkiss

AFM - nothing really to report. We managed to get the dining room and the study all finished yesterday and the nursery is now empty too. The next step is to finishe emptying the hall and to plaster parts of the nursery. We'll get there eventually, I am sure. I am having the oven professionally cleaned today - it's not a job I can do with the bump mixing with teh chemicals. the oven man used "safe" chemicals. It's just another one of those little jobs that is a nightmare but sooooo lovely when it is done.
Am rotten tired today - had my first bad night's sleep last night in ages so really feeling it. I can sense a nap coming on!!
Ante-natal class number 2 tonight - last week's made us giggle when we were told (whilst standing, DH behind me holding bump) to breathe deeply and "reconnect with our baby". Well, DH was in fits of laughter which triggered me off. Everyone else was taking it soooooo seriously. Going to have to :zipit: tonight!!

Have a gorgeous day :xxx3:

My diary

Monday, August 1st 2011, 10:21am

|I guess im getting psycho since that bleed 4 weeks ago...
Al.

Monday, August 1st 2011, 11:31am

Not a lot to report from me apart from the fact that I am incredibly tired, so tired in fact that I am almost embarassed to say how much rest I am having! Had a very lazy (ish) day yesterday just around the house. Did the housework and caught up on the ironing, but apart from that - super lazy and read my book out the back in the sun! DH was a bit annoyed and has told me to leave the housework and he¨'ll sort it when he's home. Really feeling like jobs like hoovering and washing the floors is just too much now anyway.

My braxton hicks contractions are getting more painful, although not coming so much as they used to be. I do think baby has moved further down too. Must stay put until after Thursday when DH is home! Having my first acupunture session on Wednesday and will start Raspberry leaf on Thursday too. Having real cravings for things like spagetti carbonara and risotto, as well as anything remotely asian! I was round at a friends for a thai cookery course (just for some friends) and all I can think about now is spring rolls and pad thai! Icecream still high on the list too!

Really must get myself showered! Another lazy day ahead, but meeting a friend for some asian food for dinner later on! xxx

Monday, August 1st 2011, 1:25pm

Hi everyone,

Taxi - you sound exactly the same as me at the moment. I simply cannot remember anything or stay focused on anything for too long - I'm having the same probs reading posts and ten forgetting what people have said. Must be the hormones!! xx

AG - snap re the tiredness. I just can't function properly anymore. I'm having to go and lie down on the bed every couple of hours. I'm struggling to breath properly and keep needing to rest. It's very frustrating as there's so much I should be doing. Having said that I also have no enthusiasm to do anything!! Not long now xx

Lozza - can't believe you're still waiting. Hope LO comes soon xx

Daisy - glad to hear you're getting everything organised. Make sure your resting as well though xx

Adreamz - good luck with the move. You must be doing s much better than me - there's no way in this world that I would be up to that right now. Hope it all goes well xx

Hi to everyone else - can't see any further back.

Well....off for a lie down again I think. Can't wait for LO to arrive now...for selfish reasons. I am o uncomfortable. I can't breath well, I'm itchy, my bump aches....But no signs yet. I was hoping it might be early as I have another 2 weeks to go - and it really seems like a lifetime with the way I feel. Also - too much time doing nothing means too much time to think.....about the birth. Getting worried xx

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 6:28am

Sorry no personals. House move today and on my mobile as no Internet till thurs.
Had scan and consultant appointment yesterday at different hospital. Baby still small so they have booked me in for induction on my due date. Said I didn't want inducing and he told ne I'd better do everything I can to get it out before!! Got my first sweep tomorrow. Are they painful? On scan got to see babies nose and mouth it as so cute, I can't wait to meet my little wiggly woo.
Very excited, got to go in and clean carpets yesterday, so I can start unpacking today!!
I hope everyone is ok and I'll try and catch up in a couple of days xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 11:39am

Hi all

Restful day today after day of shopping yesterday! Nice shoes purchased. Also the loccitaine mother and baby lotion and balm is lovely. Really good moisturiser and far less chemicals than the usual stuff. Also got a puj tub to bathe him in. It's ace!! And can just hide it behind the door. I hate it when baby stuff gets spread out all over the house. Trying to keep in to one room.

Trying the raspberry leaf tea today. I quite liked it!!

Was going to have a walk but tipping it down here and none of my coats do up!! Have a rather attractive poncho on currently!!
Have dull gtt test tomorrow so no late sleeps!! And still avoiding the sugar just in Case.

Have a good day girls. It's odd not going to work huh.

Liz

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 11:51am

blood pressure 105/63....feel like zombie!!! Weather horrible, this morning was pouring rain!!! :/
Al.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 12:24pm

Hi ladies :hi:

AliBird - glad you had a lovely holiday. :cheers:

Elizmac- ahhhhh so that lady wind feeling is headbuts/punches on the cervix. [zx017] Makes sense to me. Hope you had a lurrrrrrrrvely shopping spree. [zx003]

Lozza - Simply good luck honey. :goodluck:

Daisy - lovely Daisy. blowkiss My bro and his ex missus loved antenatal purely for the reason of giggling all the way through it while everyone else looked stone faced. :duh: Enjoy......

AG - those BH's can be so so painful. I am so not envying you. :hugs: Mine are just uncomfortable at mo. Enjoy lazing while you can.

Rocky - LO will be here before you know it. I have never been past 35 weeks so cant imagine how uncomfortable things can get.

Adreamz - Good luck with the move. Its so stressful. No heavy lifting madam. :eyebrows:

Al ex - that is low BP. :headache You must be zonked.

Anna hon - Hope your well. blowkiss

AFM - Nothing major going on. This heat is just nasty. :scream: I really am struggling with it. I am so not impressed. :row: My mum keeps yabbing at how she was PG with twins in the heatwave of 1976. [zx221] I am too hot and selfish to care though. :no: She is not suffering now :talkhand: and i am sitting here and melting like the miserable wicked witch of the west. :mood: I need water sympathy and lots of peeps cooing over me while fanning my hot sweaty betty arse with ginormous books. humph Poor DH is running around asking what he can do. Take the baby for a few hours so i can go for a cool bath and actualy get out of it fankoo. :rant: I know i shouldnt moan :riv3: and I honestly wouldnt have it any other way but even saints can get awfuly hot. Ask poor Joan of Arc. :sniff:
Right moan over. I am off to leak all over the kitchen. I fancy a jug of ribena with ice and fruit. Xxxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Aug 2nd 2011, 12:34pm)

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 12:35pm

taxi- come to me. its cold but i have windows open....niccccccceeeee!!! :) im zonked everyday now bought BP machine and measuring it everyday few times, taking notes so I can show MW next Tuesday...problem starts when it rapidly jumps up to 136 for instance!! Than I am a wreck...:/ at least I do not have pre-eclampsia knocking on my door with such a low BP...had lovely visit yesterday- my 2 friends from work came...no place to sit in that renovation mess but it was nice nonetheless to have someone over!!!!!
Al.

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 12:57pm

Hey ladies,

gosh, over a week since i posted properly, hope you are all doing well, i will do personals as far as i can see back

taxi - yep, am with you about the heat, last night was so bad wasn't it - hope you can chill out with lots of ice drinks, am in a nice air conditioned office as we speak so feel quite cold actually!

Elizmac - ooh, the Puj Tub, we are getting that too, saw it at the ideal baby show and thought it looked really space saving and cool! rest of your shopping sounds nice, is it nice or just weird to have finished work? i bet i will find it weird to start with!

Adreamz - hope the move went ok, are you just supervising and in charge of ordering everyone about? hope so - and hope you get everything unpacked quickly, wow - first sweep, do you have that before you are due then? let us know if any news!

Rocky - hope you are not worrying too much, and i really hope you have a lovely quick one, i am also feeling so breathless and squashed and i am only 30 weeks! god knows what it will be like soon

Grace - not surprised you are so tired, you have been running around being superwoman for the past few months! hope you now have your feet up and are eating some of your lovely cookies, is it then hen do this weekend? how is Norway now? hope the accupuncture went well

Lozza - ooh, so close - so exciting! will look out for any updates and best of luck!

Daisy - yay - well done for house rennovation stage 2, so what room was the nursery then? can't wait to see it, ours is pretty much done now but not posting pics until the curtains arrive, it looks beautiful though, you will have so much fun doing it. we also had our NCT class last week, it was good, people were nice and no cringey bits apart from the end when we had to have out back pelvis's massaged on our knees and then we had to do the same to the men, everyone else got into it but we couldn't, stopped after a couple of minutes! have another one tonight.

hello to everyone else i have missed and hope you are all well and bumps doing well :bye:

AFM - busy busy busy at the moment, had a Hen day in Nottingham on Saturday which was fun but i was sad to head home in the evening leaving them all to have lots of fun on the night out, then Sunday we went to Ikea and did loads of room sorting out so now the nursery is pretty much all done apart from the curtains, it is looking SO PRETTY if i do say so myself. yesterday i had off so was basking in the sunshine, went to look at a house we can't afford and then went to Westfield shopping, got more baby room stuff, i have read about how picking at outfit for the LO to come home in is important as you remember it so well, so i delegated that to my DH thinking he would love it, but to be honest everything he was picking out was so plain that i might have to take charge and steer him in the right direction! out for 2nd NCT class tonight, then lots of ante natal pilates this week, nosebleeds came back badly over weekend and i woke up really early both days which sucked, seem ok now although bad night's sleep as so blooming hot! hopefully tonight will be better

hope you haev good weeks!
xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "anna14" (Aug 2nd 2011, 12:59pm)

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 1:11pm

Al put that bp machine away!! It does no good and will drive you crazy That bp is fine in pregnancy and no one will do anything about it!! Mine is never above 100/60. The only thing I ever tell my patients is to get up slowly and contract your leg muscles to push the blood back up!!

Daisy I got told off sniggering in my antenatal yoga class when we got told to visualise our glorious stretching perineum's!!! Her words not mine!! She then told me and my pal who is also a doctor that we should be setting an example not giggling like school children. Oops. Anyway that started us off and had that silent shoulder shaking laughter for ages!! Will have to be on best behaviour tomorrow! Think she is doing a session of hynobirthing so god knows what I will have to visualise then!
Adreamz hope move was ok

Rocky hope things are going well not long now.
Hi taxi and rallygirl and Anna and anyone else I missed

Liz x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Elizmac" (Aug 2nd 2011, 1:13pm)

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 2:33pm

Hi Ladies

Sorry you're all suffering in the heat but it has pissed with rain all bloody day up here and my mood is starting to reflect it now. Why cant we have a happy medium???

Anna, love your comment on DH picking out the dull/plain outfits. We're going on a shopping trip to Mothercare at the weekend so i'm gonna try that on my DH. :snigger: See what he comes up with. When you give up work try and make the most of it. All the mum's here keep stressing that i should make the most of it cos it's the last time in a lot of years that i'll have these days all to myself!!

Al ex, isn't this weather depressing? I dont mind a bit of rain (i'm scottish afterall) but when it's all friggin' day it really gets me down. I'm with Liz i'm afraid, not a fan of BP machines. Think they can make you stress even more which will affect readings. Dont like apnoea monitors either.

Taxi, hope you enjoy your ice cold ribena, you need to get north of the border hun!! bigcloud

Liz, good luck with the GTT tomorrow. xfingers all will be well!! I'm dreading our antenatal classes now, i'm a terrible giggler!! :snigger: I'll be with DH though so hopefully he can keep me serious. :O

Good luck Adreamz, hope the move goes smoothly hun!

AG, Rocky and Lozza, you guys are getting so close now. So looking forward to hearing all the lovely news of new arrivals.

Oh no, cant see any further back folks. Daisy, Ali Bird and everyone else, hope you're all doing well.

AFM - feeling crap in this crap weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice so hopefully going to the beach with big sis and kids. I'm feeling tightening in my tummy on and off all day, especially when i am active and out and about. I'm assuming it's BH's but having never been PG before i'm not 100% sure. At first they feel like baby wriggling but then my tummy goes absolutely solid. It's not painful but makes me go "OH!!" Anyhoo, off to ice the lovely cake i'e baked for big sis and co.

Take care everyone!! xxx

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 4:29pm

Afternoon!!

Rallygirl - what you have described sounds exactly like BH, although I have yet to experience it myself. I hope you get some better weather soon and I challenge you not to giggle at antenatal classes!!

our glorious stretching perineum

Oh that's sooooooo funny - how could ANYONE not giggle at that! i really REALLY don't want to visualise a perineum, glorious, stretching or otherwise! You go ahead and snigger away, if we can't enjoy moments like these when we are pregnant, what is the world coming to??!!

Anna - have you had to practise any of the labour positions from the pack they give you yet? We id last night and it set us off again - the one with the woman hanging from the doorframe did it for us! Looking forward to seeing your nursery piccies, glad you are happy with it. Wea re taking a break this week from all the house stuff and will no doubt continue weekend after next (very busy this weekend).

Taxi - your posts are sooooo funny! I totally understand though, you mum probably means well but as with all "oldies" I think they tend to over-exaggerate! i was born in Iran (dad was in the army posted out there) so just WAITING for my mum to mention the heat out there.

Adreamz - ooooh a SWEEP!! Let us know how you get on. That means it's all getting terribly close - when is your official due date??

Rocky - I am sure that even if bubs doesn't turn up early, thatt the next two weeks will go by quickly. Keep yourself occuied - don't try to dwell on it too much! xx

Amazing Grace - Asian food 'eh? Wonder what it is that sparks off cravings? Hope you had a nice dinner with your friend. Take it easy my lovely xxx

AFM - well, we had ante-natal part DEUX yesterday and this one was a CORKER!! We were told that if you are strugglling in labour, NIPPLE TWEAKING was recommended to 'get you going' so to speak. I did actually lean forward and ask if I had heard what I thought i had heard. Then someone asked "which direction"? It was my blummin DH :winking: ohhhhh the shame! Still, we have a great group and it was very funny and relaxed. We have the breastfeeding session on Thursday.
I met up with a friend for coffee this morning - she has a GORGEOUS 6 month old who is just wonderful, such a happy smiley baby. i really enjoyed seeing them and now can't wait to be a mummy in just over 10 weeks.
Feeling like my bump is getting enormous at the moment - how is it possible for it to stretch so far?

Hope you are all well and coping in the heat. :xxx3:

My diary

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 4:48pm

He he. Daisy I wish you were in my class rather than all the concentrating serious people!! She hadn't had us hanging from a doorframe yet!!

Will report back tomorrow if I don't get kicked out for inappropriate behaviour!

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 6:41pm

:hello: lovely ladies

It has been ages since I posted but as always, I have managed to keep up with what you have all been up to!

I love it in here, there is so much excitement with bubba's arriving and those of you just counting the days! Mum and Hoping I hope you are getting on well with your little ones, sending big hugs xx

Rocky and Adreamz, it must seem so strange to be nearly there? I hope you are both feeling well and are ready for what the next few weeks will bring....EXCITING happydance Oh and good luck with the house move Adreamz, remember to delegate :thumbsup:

Elizmac, you are a lady after my own heart with all that shopping.....love it!! Just wish I had the money to keep up with the shopping habits!! You are right, the GTT is dull but is over before you know it!! Here's hoping for positive results!

Sorry to hear you are still feeling crappy Al, is it defintely BP related? My BP is never usually over 100/60 apart from a brief period during treatment and I was always told that was quite good!? I must admit these days I don't tend to move as fast as before but just put that down to carrying an extra person around with me :snigger:

Ah poor sweaty betty (you know who you are) :snigger: Hopefully you are feeling cooler now the sun has gone in. Your little princess is providing extra insulation that is not needed right now, the joy of being pregnant in the summer hey!! Imagine if it was 1976.....LOL!! I have also had my mum and also a lady at work saying about being pregnant in the heatwave of 1976 so can sympathise with you!!

Hey Anna, you little social butterfly and busy bee! Sorry to hear the nosebleeds have made a return appearance, so strange that you are getting them. Do you know if there is a reason why some women do and some don't? I have definitely felt more congested and snotty in pregnancy but haven't had a nose bleed. I used to get them a lot when I was younger and remember how horrible they are! Bless James picking all the plain colours, shopping for a girl must be pretty alien to him. Does she buy you clothes? My OH is the same. He spent £150 in mothercare recently on all white clothing in tiny baby size, even buying the same things twice......strange man!!

Rallygirl - if you didnt live so far away, I would be coming over for a slab of your always available cakes.....YUM!! Sounds like BH to me missy :happy: I have also been experiencing them, sometimes a bit uncomfortable but never painful. You've gotta love the fact that our uteruses tease us before the real deal.......just another pisstake in the life of being a woman :snigger: Hope you get some sunshine tomorrow and have a lovely day at the beach xx

Daisy - so will you be partaking in a spot of nipple tweaking then? LOL!! Maybe I should ask you that in 10 weeks when you are willing your little missy to come on out!! Doesn't it feel so surreal to think that we have so little time left?? Must be even nicer for you being off work now as it really gives you time to think about it, along with your house renovations!

AFM, all is well in Stacey-land! The results of my GTT came back as normal and I had my scan today which revealed my baby has a big head, fat tummy and extra long legs (95th centile) and is of a GOOD size but they are not concerned........wish I could say the same :scared: The consultant actually said to me 'well look at you, you are hardly going to have a midget baby are you' hahahha. That did make me chuckle! I have a midwife appointment tomorrow so will see if I have evened out in my measurements since 28 weeks.....maybe wishful thinking but we'll see! Only 15 days left at work :weehee: Can't bloody wait to finish, I just know that i'm going so just want it to hurry up!! Sounds like I hate my job but I don't, i'm just looking forward to the break! My friends kindly threw me a surprise baby shower on Saturday and I was completely surprised....not too much though as I am still pregnant :snigger: It was such a lovely day and we were completely spoilt with gifts. Definitely cut the shopping list down now! They are the sneakiest of sneaks but I love them, it really cheered me up when I was feeling a bit unloved! Who needs men when you have girlfriends....they are the best!!

Right the OH is calling for his dinner so off I go to put the potatoes on!! Lots of love to you and your bubba's, catch up soon xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 7:16pm

Hi all,

Adreamz - you probably won't be reading this yet without internet access but I hope your sweep goes OK - how exciting....I know you don't want to be induced but at least you know your gonna meet LO really soon - think you're gonna beat me to it! Good luck xx

Aw Taxi - this weather is just unbearable isn't it. It's going to cool down towards end of week though. I'm terribly itchy and the warmer weather ,akes it worse. Last night I nearly scratched myself raw.Keep up with plenty of iced drinks.

Al ex - I agree with others - ty not to keep testing your blood pressure. It will only worry you and low is better than high. Mine has been low since day 1 and it can make you feel pretty rotten....but as you said at least you don't need to worry about pre eclampsia.

Anna - sorry to hear the nosebleeds are back. Must be awful. Nosebleeds and acid indigestion are about the only things I've not suffered with.

Elizmac - your post about the sniggering made me laugh...and you a doctor as well!! Still it helps to be light hearted. In fact my MW has suggested trying to have a laugh and joke when in labour - I hardly think that will happen though. Well done with your shopping trip - I have absolutely no energy to do anything like that at the moment.

Rallygirl - I keep getting tightenings but I actually think mine are just LO moving. Not sure if I've had any BH's.

Daisy - I know...I keep saying how is it possible to stretch anymore? But I also keep wondering WHY has nature designed it to be like this - so big and uncomfortable and then....such a small hole for something so big to come out of. Surely there could have been an easier way?

AFM - hot, itchy (very), uncomfortable - god I sound like a right moaner!! Someone asked if I was taking raspberry tea yet. I looked it up on the internet and it said your not supposed to take it if you've got any risk of ovarian cancer - which I have - so not bothering with that. Some people have said that if you have a difficult pregnancy, you can have an easier labour. Not sure I believe this but am hoping it's true as my pregnancy certainly hasn't been easy!! Hope everyone is coping with the heat xx

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 9:46am

hey preggers ladies, hope everybody is well today. It's another hot one and my poor feet are showing the strain, they actually look very comical like they are made of plastic as no natural feet could possible be this big :snigger:

I am lovin all the antenatel class talk, I remember last time me kneeling and holding onto a window frame with DH behind me massaging my back. DH made a crude comments about this being what got us into this mess in the first place (which obviously it wasn't) but we couldn't stop giggling after that so the rest of the evening all the couples were trying to find the most erotic birthing position. Luckily our NCT lady was all for having a laugh through labour as it can only help. We did giggle about it when I was in labour too, which definately lifts your spirits. I think people take these things too seriously, lighten up!

I went for my hospital visit yesterday which I am very impressed with, we have recently had a new unit built and the difference between this one and the old 70's one where I had DS1 is unbelievable. We have private bathrooms in each room and you get to stay in the private room until you leave hospital - amazing. I remember walking down a corridor with mybits on display to the only bathroon on the floor while 9cm dialated, not pleasant! I am very excited now and really looking forward to it. I am going to start my perineum massaging this week, almond oil is best according to the experts. I had to have an episiotomy last time which made recovery and looking after baby a lot more difficult so I am determined to try and avoid it this time but the question is, can I reach it :snigger:

Adreamz, good luck with the sweep and hope things start to happen naturaly for you soon

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 12:06pm

Hi guys I actually feel better since controling my BP do it 3 times a day, and can see improvement in my general behaviour, as I am not stressed with the readings they just give me a hint what I am capable of at the moment :) so- so far so good!!!!
I am REALLY angry :angry: with my hospital....I got phone call from my MW that they have put wrong names on swabs taken at hospital so next Tuesday I have to repeat it!!!!!!!! :box: THATS NOT NICE TAKIN SWABS.... :rant:
weather is not so good cloudy and hot yesterday was much better...all windows I keep open all the time- as for renovation they finally finished driveway- no more horrible noises!!!!! and put new real wood floor in the living room- tomorrow we can paint it!!! yaaay!! so by the end of this week loads should be done. I need to sell few things- fireplace (brand new but wrong for us), my sons bed etc etc so I can unclutter the house!!! next week Im gonna order new windows just 4 and we can put up cotbed by the end of the month.... :laugh:
Al.

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 2:20pm

Hey alibird
Still counting the days with you. Wonder who will be first.
I am finding classes hilarious. If nothing else getting a good laugh!!
I started perineum massage this week too. Found it a bit sore to be honest. Need to cut finger nails but loathed to as I have never had nice nails until now!!!
Those of you who are hot move to Scotland. Been rubbish even today it's 18 and quite pleasant rather than boiling!!

Finished ggt then just had massive cake. Hmm not sure that's the Way forward but hey!!

Off to sunbathe. Enjoy the sunshine

Liz

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 2:59pm

Elizmac, I dont know where in Scotland u live but here in aberdeen from my point of view is too hot....humid as well I would say.
Al.

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 3:21pm

Al I'm near Aberdeen too. It's lovely!! 18 and breezy!!

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 5:53pm

Lovely in Dunfermline, Fife too - 20 and breezy. Been out for lunch and nice dog walk!

Hello all you lovely ladies - Im being very selfish these days and personals are few and far between but Im almost a week over now and finding it hard to concentrate on typing for too long (some excuse but v true)!

Love hearing all of your class stories though especially yours Ali - how funny!!!! A sense of humour is definitely the way forward and especially during labour - its meant to make things so much easier although I have to say my hubbys jokes are usually crap so not sure how useful he will be!!!! If only I was married to John Bishop or Micky Flanagan eh!

Perineum massage is quite painful Liz but Ive managed to persevere because if it helps then will be worth it - sometimes it makes me gag a bit while doing it, no idea why??????

So still no twinges or pains or signs of Baby G coming a long anytime soon but I guess you just dont know. I have the midwife at 10am tomorrow so she will check that everything is ok and Im still refusing the sweep, just dont fancy it at all and really believe this wee boy will come out when he is ready - unless she tells me I HAVE to have one as there is something medically wrong of course which Im sure will not be the case.

Right Im off to make DH and I some dinner then off to the cinema to see Horrible Bosses tonight.

Take care ladies xxxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LozzaG" (Aug 3rd 2011, 5:55pm)

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 8:41pm

Hey Ladies

I'm in Leuchars in Fife and got sunburned on the beach this afternoon!!! Can you believe it after a day like yesterday?? Just had a shower and gonna get DH to rub aftersun all over my back and shoulders, ouch!!

Hope you enjoy the film tonight Lozza, i dont think i could sit through a film without getting a sore back or falling asleep. Any day now for you. xfingers it all starts naturally and you can avoid a sweep.

Liz, bet your glad the GTT is out the way now. Hope you get nice glucose levels!! I'm the same as you re fingernails. In my jobs i've always had to keep them short so it's nice to be able to grow them and paint them whenever i want.

Al. ex, sounds like you're having major rennovations, hope it's all finished soon before LO arrives. :)

Ali, your hospital sounds ace. Mine has a new m/w-led unit but not had the tour yet, will organise it soon. I couldn't get into the local classes till end of this month when i'll be almost 36 weeks but the m/w said to me it's better to go later rather than sooner so it's all fresh in your mind for when labour starts.

Rocky, here's hoping you dont have too much longer, you sound like you're getting really uncomfy now. [zx127]

Stace, hope the m/w app went well today and everything is on track. Glad to hear all is well, was wondering how you were getting on cos we hadn't heard from you for a while. BTW, the cake was ace. Sounds like you've got some brill friends, how lovely of them to throw you a surprise baby shower.

Daisy, i keep saying to DH i dont think my skin will stretch any more but still got 8 weeks so it has to!!! Is your DH a constant source of embarrassment for you?? That was a hilarious story about your class. I just dont know what to expect from ours.

Hi all other ladies. Hope you're having a good week.

AFM - well as i've said, i'm sunburned all over my back and shoulders. We were sitting on the beach in the fog and i'm suffering now. My own silly fault really but had a nice day. Am absolutely shattered now though, early night methinks. Nothing much more to report.

Take care ladies. xxx

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 9:03pm

:tired: Soooooo tired it is unbelieveable!! Really think my body is more than ready for this little one to come out now and good job that my nesting instinct kicked in early because I can't be bothered to do anything now!! I had some really strong contactions/abdominal/back pain the other day and seriously thought I was starting. It was different to the BH, but I went and lay down and fell into a really deep sleep, waking up feeling fine and not had any twinges since. Apart from the usual BH, which I get a lot.

Had acupuncture today, which was really, really good. My body is quite sensitive to it I think and I always feel the difference after it. So lovely to go back to the midwife who does my acupuncture as haven't seen her since ET day. Told her to go easy as DH not home until tomorrow lunchtime! Apart from that had a very lazy day and met some other pregnant friends for a chat, which was nice. It is really really humid here too and getting worse in the next few days. I'm wandering around in summer clothes and it is rain showers, but i'm way too hot to cover up.

Apart from that not a lot to report from me - just keeping oiling away on my tummy (found a few stretch marks, but the bio-oil seems to help(never thought i'd say that!) and they are really not so red now. Also, doing perinium massage, but finding it really hard to get down there and it is a little sore! Reading away at my hypnobirthing and been watching a few utubes, but its making me scared, so not going to anymore! The relaxation/breathing exercises are really great, but not sure if I've been practising them enough. It's DH's birthday on Sunday, so I've been looking for some new chocolate cupcake recipes and need to go and buy him a pressie tomorrow morning.

Lots of Scottish lasses on here. My SIL stays in Falkland, Fife, so probably quite close to a few of you. Studied in Aberdeen many moons ago too! Sorry no personals, but thinking of you all and your lovely babies. xxx

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests