You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: One beautiful son

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 4:04pm

Brand New Shiny Hall Of Due Dates For Our Lovely 2011 Mums To Be

:rainbow:starsmile HALL OF DUE DATES 2011 starsmile:rainbow:

JANUARY
1. Vstelfox - 17/01
2. Mollie61 - 17/01
3. Dramaqueen - 30/01

FEBRUARY
1. Mima08 - 4/2
2. Blessings - 5/2
3. Aramass - 12/2
4. Danielle - 12/2
5. Tiggs - 13/2
6. Kimby - 14/2
7. Babybump - 28/2

MARCH
1. Luckysmb - 7/3
2. Mrs Harper - 7/3
3. Wishing and Hoping 21/3

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 29th 2009

Children: 1DD aged 13 1DS aged 2

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 4:45pm

can you add me Blessing's. due 16th Feb.
we have had a small break through with sleeping and the horried spd. DH and I now have seperate duvets, which means I can prop and tuck till my hearts content and I dont wake him :D Also im not waking in the middle of the night looking for my pillows.
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
ICSI Sept :BFP: Miscarriage @ 8 weeks :bawl:
ICSI May/June Single ET :BFP:
FET June/July 13 ???

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 5:27pm

oooo Sorry to be a pain but can you add me? ;)

29/03/11

Thankyou xx
ICSI 07/10:BFP: bab11
FET 02/13:BFP:mc
FET 07/13:BFP:mc
ICSI 06/14:BFP: bab10
thanks Liverpool womens for 2 beautiful children!

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 25th 2010

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 8:18pm

A good start with the shiny new hall of due dates! Sure Blessings will do a fab job of adding you missing ladies!

Blessings...I am leaving really late for maternity leave so I can have my full salary as long as possible but if it all gets to much I will have to give in! (I'm a teacher)

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend :) ...London with my dh was fab yester :) ...Just wish I didn't have work tomorrow and that we could do it again!

xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: DD born Oct 05

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 8:34pm

hi all, just need to get this off my chest - my MIL just phoned and asked how I was so told her I had GD and on a special diet and she said thats good you might lose some weight ...to which i replied that its very restrictive eg ONE shredded wheat only for breakfast to which she said but thats all i eat anyway...so i said and i cant even eat cake on my birthday and she was like so.....i shoved the phone at DH and left the room and burst into tears...she hasnt got a clue but then again why do i expect some basic respect, after all this was the woman who told me that i never had a proper pregnancy on DD as I had a c section and didnt birth naturally (and was I too posh to push.....DD was extended breech so I had no choice!) rant over feel better for letting that out...told DH that I am going to let calls go to answerphone whenever i think it might be her in future...he said but she'll want to call on Friday to wish you a happy birthday and I said she can leave a message! Thanks, feel better for letting it out!
Mrs H, glad you enjoyed London - I finish work 11th Feb and cant wait!

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 8:56pm

Oh Lucky, How appalling!! I'm not sure what MIL stands for but don't let them get you down!

Answerphone sounds like a good option!! :) [zx187] :loco:

Maybe I'll end up joining you on an earlier leave! Can't believe how fast the last few weeks have gone!!

xx xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

vstelfox

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 9:04pm

my little boy Dominic was born today at 10am 6lb 4oz and head full of hair, we are both doing great he came very quickly still in shock stared with a bloody show and strong contractions which woke me up at 7am rung hospital at half 8 was it alot of pain and cryin they told me to have a bath and take a paracetomol so i did my contrations went really painful and to 3mins apart rung hospital again told to go in in the car on the way they were 1min apart extremly painful got to hospital and found out i was 10cms and his head was there 29mins later no pain relief he was born screaming and kicking, i just cant stop staring at him he is the double of his dad hes feeding well and we can go home in morning
vanessa xx
1st-icsi BFN :bawl:
2nd-fet BFN :bawl:
3rd- icsi BFP :happy:
edd 17th/01/2011

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 9:07pm

Oh Lucky, I'm so sorry your MIL is like that. Sending you big :hugs:

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 9:11pm

Congratulations Vanessa on the birth of your baby boy! :balloons:

What an exciting birth story!!

xx xx
:congrats:

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:08am

JANUARY
1.Mollie61 - 17/01
2. Dramaqueen - 30/01

FEBRUARY
1. Mima08 - 4/2
2. Blessings - 5/2
3. Aramass - 12/2
4. Danielle - 12/2
5. Tiggs - 13/2
6. Kimby - 14/2
7. Lovely - 16/2
8. Babybump - 28/2

MARCH
1. Luckysmb - 7/3
2. Mrs Harper - 7/3
3. Wishing and Hoping - 21/3
4. Emma24 - 29/3
:congrats: baby2 OUR LOVELY MOTHERS OF 2011 baby2 :congrats:

JANUARY
1. Vstelfox - 9/01 [ Dominic ] :boy:

MY DIARY

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:21am

Hi Girls...

I have updated the HOF ( see above )

Congratulations Vanessa on the birth of your gorgeous baby boy.! Hope you're both doing well.

Lucky: Pay her no mind hun, sorry but she sounds like a horrible person. How could she say such things. Answerphone all the way babe. :cuddle

Mrs Harper: Thank you hun, just need to try keeping unto of it lol glad you had a great time in London with your DH, awesome :thumbsup:

Lovely: :thumbsup: glad you managed to sort that out, it must help a heck of alot with the SPD. Think I will try that too. x

Emma24: Don't be silly hun, you're not being a pain I've updated your due date ( see above)

Flic: Hello hun....Hope you and your lo are doing well.

AFM: Bloodtest & Antenatal later today, gotta be there for half 8 in the morning and here I am writing away lol. Just going to upload some bump pics and some of the nursery in my diary now then off to bed. Speak to you all later, will let you know how I get on at the my antenatal and bloodtest.

Lots of love

xXx

MY DIARY

Reg: Dec 10th 2009

Children: I have been blessed with my beautiful daughter Grace.

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:00pm

Wow Vanessa congratulations. A very speedy appearance.

Blessings than a for adding me to HOF.

I love being in 3rd trimester and seeing babies arriving. Can almost see the finish line now x x

Reg: May 9th 2009

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:13pm

This forum is definitely the most exciting isn't it? Women going down like flies and all that.

Where's Rach?? I wonder if she's dropped and has anyone heard from Platinum? I hope all is ok with her.

I got myself in a bit of a state over what to do about the birth yesterday. I thought I wanted a c section but spoke to quite a few people (who'd had singletons) who told me I should go for a vaginal. I knew I had to decide today as I have my consultants appointment this afternoon and just couldn't make my mind up. Had my scan this morning and one of the girls has turned breech and I am soo pleased with her for taking the decision away from me. This means I will have to have a C section. Both of the girls also weigh just under 6 pounds. Oh and they have a lot of hair apparently which they do in my little fantasy about meeting them! We'll hopefully get a date for a c section this afternoon and I'm hoping and praying he won't let me hang on too long as my pelvis really can't take it any more.

Mrs Harper: you are brave for hanging on so long! I'm a teacher too and only managed to hang on until 30 weeks! It killed me being pregnant at school! What age group do you teach?

Vanessa: big congratulations to you!!

Lucky: I can just imagine how WOUND UP you must feel after such horribly passive aggressive comments from your MIL. GRRRRRR. My SIL is a bit like that and made some joke about me being too posh to push today. Yes. I'm so posh I'd like my stomach sliced open thankyou. Comments like that combined with hormones are not a good thing so use the ansaphone and try not to strangle her! x

Blessings: good luck today. Have posted in your diary. x
Me: 37 Him: 42
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
:BFP: 10th June.
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:14pm

Rach: I can see you are lurking on here! Are you ok? Have you overtaken me in the race yet?
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Reg: May 12th 2007

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:30pm

Vanessa, Many congratulations on your new bundle of joy!!! xxx

Lucky ..... your MIL sounds just like mine. After 9 years of putting up with similar nastiness I've started sticking up for myself throughout my pregnany. She causes no end of arguments in our marriage and upset me last Friday because she got the hump about where my parents would be staying when we have the little ones. Obviously as they live up North they are going to stay with us and she is insanely jealous and made no end of snidey comments. Most women want their mums around and as she's only had sons she doesn't get that. Her life is consumed with her own unhappiness and bitterness towards others. I know its hard but this is your time, try and just keep her at arms length if you have to. Thats what I do, if she gets on my nerves I have nothing to do with her for several weeks so Answer machine on girlie, you don't need her negativity in your life! This is your time!!!

Just wondered when you ladies are going to insist DH can't go out on the town drinking anymore? Mine doesn't go out that often but has a night out this Friday which I don't mind but with all these Braxton Hicks I'm starting to worry. I'm recording how many I have today and at what time and for how long so I can ask the Obstetrician at my scan on Thursday. I was up all night long and they're getting so uncomfortbale (Ouch...speak of the devil).

I admire all you ladies still working, I gave up my job last year to take one last pop at IVF with no stress and it seems to have paid off. Saying that with all the complications I've had with the SPD I would of been on permanent sick anyhow so just aswell.

Have a good week ladies, lots happening for me. Hydrotherapy, followed by a Physio review and a bloodtest tomorrow, First Antenatal class on wednesday, 32wk scan on Thursday and Chiropractor on Friday so thats me occupied all week! :thumbsup:

IUI-Mar07 / IVF-Jul07 / FET-Jan08 / IVF-May09 - ALL BFN
IVF-Jun10 - :BFP:

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:37pm

Good luck for your appointment this afternoon Aramass. Both my babes are breech but originally one was head down and the other tranverse. They said I could still have natural because the head down baby would deliver first then they would pop their hand in and turn the other one...Ouch. That doesn't look like its going to happen now as I don't think they'll have any room to turn so I'll probably be C-Section. I'm not too bothered, I'll just go with whatever situation presents itself nearer the time. Let us know how you get on! xx

Monday, January 10th 2011, 3:56pm

Geordie: lucky lucky you for being able to get hydro therapy for your SPD. It's a real sod isn't it? Your situation is the same as mine is today! Twin one is head down and the other is breech. Or transverse (I can't remember which!) They've also told me I can go natural (see my diary) which has confused me! My two have been head down all along until the last couple of days so yours could still move again. Anyway, I've booked a C section for 26th January. I hope I"ve done the right thing. It's such a relief to see the end.
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Monday, January 10th 2011, 4:13pm

Hi everyone

There is a new thread here, in case any of you are interested, for anyone who is maybe mid-30s and expecting and wants to chat

x

Pregnant and Nearer 40? Anyone?

United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 8:22pm

Thanks for your kind words blessings and Geordie r.e work!

Aramass.. I'm currently a nursery and reception teacher and with my January intake it's proving very tiring!
What age group do you teach?

Good luck with getting the births you want for your twins and singletons!

I have my 32 week growth and placenta position scan tomo.. I'm not too worried about placenta as my 4d sonographer gave me the heads up that it had moved :) .. yet I am nervous about the growth bit as my bump is still looking very diddy ! But then I get nervous before every scan! :wacko:

Hope your managing your SPD ok ladies and that mil is leaving you alone! I think iv caught up now and realised it means mother in law?! I'd need a diary to tell you about my real mum.. Luckily my mil is fab!

Speaking of diaries I know it's late but how do I make one? Would like to share some pics with you all if your interested?

Hugs and love to all xx xx [zx127]

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 2:46am

Hi Girls....starsmile

Had the GD test done today, get results on Wednesday......Can't wait to find out. Aparently is it shows that I have preg diabetes they will induce me before 38 weeks. Hmmm not sure what to think or feel about that. Just gonna go with the flow I suppose and hope for the best along the way.

Antenaetal was also today everything is fine with me apart from my iron levels are still low, so need to continue to work on that.....I'm gobsmacked how much weight I've put on though 76KG never knew I could weigh that much. :8o: although it's all in the bump....I've always wanted to gain a little weight :snigger: Anyway, All is well with baby though :D perfect HB, very active, head-down but not engaged, and facing upwards lol my lil man never stays in one place for too long hehe, hope he turns when I'm ready to deliver, sure he will though.

Going to sleep now, will write tomorrow.

I have replied in my diary aswell to those who write to me there....xxxx

Thanks girlies..... :hugs: :xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3:

MY DIARY

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:21am

Hi Guys! Yes Aramass, I'm still here! blowkiss i don't think I've ever written in the 3rd tri. I am just so lazy. i know whats going on with everyone else though.... Some may know me, others may not. I've been around for a little while. Having B/G twins - due 7th Feb. Pregnancy has been ok. A bit up and down, but can't really complain. Had some bleeding at 26 weeks - in hospital. Cervix at 32 wks 12mm - in hospital again. Had 5 steroid shots for babies lungs. All ok now though. DH works in the UK, so away alot and had to go through all the hospital stuff withour him - but he is always there for me.... and my family are fab!

C-section (due to little girl being transverse, and I want this experience to be as stress free as possible!) booked for 19th jan if i can make it that long. I had my legs crossed until DH came home on boxing day (he was gone for 3 weeks), but now :scared: I can't get to a hospital!!!!!!!!!!! :rant: I'm sure you guys have heard about the floods over here in Queensland. I'm ok but the roads to the 3 hospitals around me were all closed yesterday. We THINK we can get to one today... :pullhair:

Thats my little story. Yes Aramass - the race is still on! You're not getting out of it that easily. But hey, I'm a little ahead of you so if I do go first - that doesn't really count - does it?? :mmmmmm
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 6:35am

Mrs Harper: I teach secondary but used to be a primary school teacher and know how physically exhausting early years is. I suppose you've got a whole new intake as well what with it being January. Still, you are nearly there and you'll have more time with your baby at the other end and will be thankful you stuck it out.

Blessings: I can't believe the time of night you were on here! (well I can actually as I'm awake a lot of the night)Are you catching up on your sleep during the day? Good luck with the results. GD is quite common at this stage and with your baby being so cooked now, he won't be at risk.

RAch!! : You need to post on here more often please! Where in Queensland are you? I read about the flooding in Brisbane and it sounds horrific. How stressful for you. Have you got back up plans?? I reckon you'll get there before me you know. My C section is scheduled for 26th and yours 19th. My gut feeling is that they'll hold on until then as I am having no signs of imminent labour. What about you? It feels so much better having a date in the diary. How uncomfortable are you at the mo?
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 6:52am

Hey! I'm getting alot of braxton hicks, but I've been getting them since about week 22. Also getting some "stitch" like pain. I presume its just ligaments stretching. I'm uncomfortable but want to keep them in at the same time. The night is the worst. Can only sleep for about 45 mins at a time until i have to wake up, sit on side of bed then lie on other side. I'm in Brisbane, well slightly north of Brisbane. Hospital right in centre of brissy. :cross:

Midwife just called me to reassure me that c-section is still on for the 19th as on the news they have said that they have cancelled all elective surgery. They have cancelled my Dr's appointment tomorrow. But thats ok. i think I can get to the hospital now as they've reopened the road on the way there.

Thats my goss. Hope you are all well. I'm just about to start on a block of chocolate!!! :happy:
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 1:16pm

Hello folks I'm Bee and this is my first venture into the 3rd Tri thread! biggrin2 Special hellos to people in here that I've already met.

It's very exciting to arrive here to see news of a little one arriving - congratulations, Vanessa! It really brings home how near it's all getting now...

Blessings, could you please add my due date to your exciting list? It's 25.3.2011.

I feel so lucky for having been very well throughout the pregnancy so far - short of exhaustion I don't have many complaints. Starting to feel more tired again recently and I've noticed that I'm walking much slower (I usually pelt it out wherever I go). I've also been feeling this momentary tightening of my bump, escpecially across the top, which I guess must be Braxton Hicks - I get them more some days than others. And Heinz tomato soup gives me reflux. But apart from that things feel fairly normal!

We've not got much in the way of stuff yet but we have many lists and offers of things coming our way. We've started NCT classes too, which helps us to feel like we're preparing for the big arrival. I feel like there's lots I don't know about caring for a baby but I don't particularly want to go crazy reading lots of books - I feel like I'll be happier just absorbing things gently as I go along, with advice from friends, midwife, health visitor, from people on here, and the odd Google search when I come across a question. Is this silly?

I'm working full time until the second week in Feb, when I'll start taking Wednesdays off to give me a chance to rest and prepare. I'm then down to work four days per week up until 18 March, which is just a week before the due date. It seemed like a good idea back in October but now I'm starting to think I might have been over-confident... Still, my boss will be flexible about it if I need him to be. Has anyone else planned to work up until a week before their EDD?

Hope everyone is keeping well and good luck to those who are getting close now to their little one/s arriving...
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:01pm

JANUARY
1.Mollie61 - 17/01
2. Dramaqueen - 30/01

FEBRUARY
1. Mima08 - 4/2
2. Blessings - 5/2
3. Aramass - 12/2
4. Danielle - 12/2
5. Tiggs - 13/2
6. Kimby - 14/2
7. Lovely - 16/2
8. Babybump - 28/2

MARCH
1. Luckysmb - 7/3
2. Mrs Harper - 7/3
4. BeeS - 25/3
5. Emma24 - 29/3

JANUARY

MY DIARY

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:08pm

BeeS: I've added you to the HOF ( see above ) :) glad to hear someone's had a good pregnancy so far.

Aramass: Yeah, I'm up late most nights loool dunno why because, and yes I do make up for it I get up for it during the day....:) I have to go bed when I'm really tired so I fall asleep almost staight away when I go, as I'll be twisting and turning in bed for ages otherwise....

About to phone the antenatal for the results of my GTT....Will be back later with the results.

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Blessings" (Jan 12th 2011, 2:12pm) with the following reason: Didn't finish my message...

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 10:29pm

Aramass: I used to be a secondary school teacher :snigger: (Drama, Theatre Studies and Dance... and occasionally some English) and then went back to primary! (Though when I was doing supply for a while I did both!)

I do miss my Alevel and GCSE groups tho!! ... What subject do you teach? I had a dream that I was teaching secondary again only last week!

I love both really but early years is wearing me out! :faint: Especially now I have the extra in take :/ ... seem to have got a lot bigger over night to! Maybe I won't make it to half term afterall lol :S partee

Update on yester... I am proud of baby Harper... for lying just in the right position and measuring just right with just the right amount of weight for my stage (just under 4 pounds) .. Here's to hoping it stays that way! ...Homebirth here we come :)

Hope your all ok xx xx partee

Blessings: Hope results come back good for you!
Bees: I'm also working to week before DD but as above I'm starting to wonder if thats a little over ambitious!! :snigger:

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 2:19pm

Where are all the girlies.....It's getting quiet in here.

Wonder if some of you have gone into labour ?(

Mrs Harper. Thank you. Phoned up yesterday but was told to call back today, so will do that in an hour. Glad all seems to be going well with you and lol so far.

Speak Soon.

Lots of Love

xXx

MY DIARY

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 8:53pm

Hi Ladies

Blessings my friend had GD and she was on daily insulin and they induced her at 38wks but her labour was difficult so she ended up having a C-Section but her and baby were and are fine.

Hello Bee and welcome to the 3rd Trim!!!!

Rach, your sleeping pattern sounds similar to mine. I get so frustrated. I drop off and an hour later I'm wide awake. I need to sit and rock on the end of the bed too as I go in to spasm then I lie down again and try again only to repeat several times over during the course of the evening. I am so tired.

I had my 32wk scan today and babies are on the small side and their growth rate has declined so have to go back in 2 weeks. I'm a bit concerned. Babies are also now Breech and Traverse so accepting the fact its likely to be a C-Section. They've also finally done tests to check what type of anaemia I have as my levels are so low and I can't tolerate oral iron supplements. If it is Iron deficiency then they may take me in for an IV infusion. I hope they do as I'm so on the bottom.

Hope everyone is okay! xxxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 8:57pm

Hey Geordie, Sorry to hear that your growth scan didn't go as you had hoped :/ ..I hope things look up for you in 2 weeks time. I am anaemic and my b12 shot has really helped me and baby. Hope they sort you soon hun xx xx

I came home very angry today :sniff: ... Got a random text message (from my father) basically telling me what an awful decision I have made planning a homebirth (despite the fact any slight risk and I would change my plans) saying he had spoke to a consultant where he lives and all home births end in tragedy and are very dangerous. He said that he couldn't believe I'd get to this stage and risk my baby or 'it' as he put it dieing because I don't have proper care. He is so ignorant and has made me so cross, I have not responded I was so upset ..To top it off when I looked up the consultant he doesn't even work in maternity care but rather fractures and trauma!

I have been nothing but extra careful about our decision for homebirth, hence our close monitoring and if my consultant had said there was any risk whatsoever then we would not go ahead. I am also very aware that if anything in the slightest changes in the coming weeks then I may not even get my dream birth and have a plan b in action already. Obviously we would not take any risks and more to the point our health carers would not let us, the homebirth criteria is very strict.

My fathers g/f is a nurse but still I am so so cross, why do familys feel they can interfere? And what a horrible thing to text your own daughter!

To top it of my dh was not very sympathetic and just said ignore it, pls let me know what you guys think.. if you think I'm just being hormonal etc ...but surely you would all feel the same?

I hope you have had a better day xx xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 10:32pm

Me again :snigger: :snigger: :snigger:

I've uploaded some recent bump pics and some pics of the nursery for those who are interested in seeing them. They are in my gallery though, as couldn't upload them in my diary or here as it keeps saying the files are too large.

Gordie....Hello hun and thanks for that....My results were fine though, got results today. :) Really sorry to hear that your babies weight and your low iron levels.....Have you tried eating foods that contains iron.? I'm sure babies will turn intime for delivery, I wish you all the luck and hope all goes well.

Mrs Harper....Don't worry about it hun, parents can be abit insensitive at times. And I think your Dad was bang out of order for sending such a text, I mean if he had his concerns he could have spoken to you properly about it. There isn't anything wrong with home birth, long as you and baby are both fine why not. You don't need the stress in your condition so try not to worry about it as your doing nothing wrong.

Aramass....Where are you tonight hun.

Take Care now, gonna get ready for bed.

MY DIARY

Friday, January 14th 2011, 6:49am

Blessings: Glad to hear your results were good. x

Geordie: I can't have iron supplements either as I just chuck them straight back up and I"m mildy anaemic. I've started forcing myself to eat whole bags of spinach, watercress and rocket. It's strange but quite nice and you feel so virtuous afterwards.

Mrs H: I teach English, mainly GCSE classes but also co-ordinate literacy for Key stage 3. I was a primary school teacher for 3 years (Year 4) That must have been a big change for you moving from Key stage 5 to 1! I might go back to primary one day, although I prefer teaching nutty teenagers it's much harder work with all the targets, coursework and general nuttiness. Not that primary is much easier.
You have every right to feel angry with your dad. It sounds like he's caught snippets of false information and is making a huge assumption based on it. Parents often have the tendency to think we are much more naive than them, despite the fact that you must know a hell of a lot about birth to have reached the decision to have a home one, and he probably thinks you don't know the risks, he might also be having a bit of a panic. It's ridiculous that he can think that after all this time of trying to get pregnant that you'd jeapordize it by taking risks! Maybe wait until you are calm and then supply him with the necessary information in a slow, patronizing voice! I'm think that people seem to get judgemental when it comes to birth and babies and you have to just let it wash over you if you can. Let him know you are peed off though as he mustn't do it again as it's not helpful or supportive. As for your DH. That's a typical male response. They hate/can't be bothered to deal with confrontation. Mine would be exactly the same. Bah.
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, January 14th 2011, 9:58am

Mrs H. All home births end in tragedy my arse. And I bet he's not spoken to a consultant either. And proper care??? I was in hospital and had intervention and had to have my floof re fashioned cos it was messed up. Thats how good the care is where I am. I'm so sorry for how your father has behaved. He obviously hasn't done any research.

Check out this thread Home Birth Anyone??

There are some great links to birth stories.

Also when I looked into it for me I was told that it was just as safe if not safer than a hospital birth. There is less chance of intervention, you have 2 MW's where I live too. You can have gas and air, they have an ambulance on stand by just in case here too. In fact the MW's here were all for it. My friend has had 2 home births, her first and her second and she wouldn't go into hospital if she didn't have to. She said that it was the best thing she's ever done.

My DH was dead against it but the MW talked him round.

I would just ignore him and go for what you want. As long as you're happy and prepared then at the end of the day your Dad doesn't have a say. I think he probably just panicked and thought the worst. I mean, do you really think they would allow it if it was risky?!?!? Er...no. :cuddle

Friday, January 14th 2011, 6:22pm

"All home births end in tragedy my arse" Flic LMAO at this comment! Well said!!!

Mrs H stick by your guns, this is your pregnancy and your choice. Don't let anyone dissuade you from that. People have had homebirths for centuaries and Midwifery care is better now than it ever has been so there really should be nothing to worry about. If it was me I'd give him what for, dad or no dad. If he thinks he has a right to an opinion then you have a right to give him yours back no matter how frank it may need to be. Everyone thinks I'm mad because I want to use re-usable nappies, thats their problem I say. I'm sick of them all having a good old gossip behind my back but its my choice.

And as for DH, they always take the least confrontaional route. I've been upset so may times by tactless and hurtful comments off my MIL but DH never sticks up for me and always brushes it aside to avoid the grief .. Men eh! Useless !!! :cross:

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, January 14th 2011, 8:32pm

I felt 'safer' with midwives than I did with a consultant!!

And women have been having children at home forever! My neighbour (who must be in her 70's by now) told me that she had both her children at home and thats going back at least 40 years!

When my Nana had my Mum she had to have her in hospital but then she had another 2 at home and then you had to have your 4th in hospital in those days (I know, how random!!) and then she had 2 more at home!!

My MIL is the same. Unfortunately they don't change when LO's arrive either. Mine thinks I do everything 'wrong'. I don't even listen anymore!!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, January 14th 2011, 9:04pm

Did I hear the words 'homebirths end in tragedy?'??? :listen:

Well, in that case, my 'tragedy' is currently upstairs and turns seven next week. The only downside to a homebirth is having to have your house gleaming like a new pin for the last month because you can't bear for the midwives to see your dust bunnies :D

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 12:15pm

Thank you all so much for sticking by me with my homebirth wishes!
Dh took me out for a meal last night as he could see I was still down about it, dh thing to do.. Brush it off, think about it then realise they've been a plonker!

Bells and Flic .. Lovely to hear your stories about positive home births and since talking to work colleagues about my dads texts I have heard great stories from them too.. Some had all theirs at home and over 30-50 yrs ago!! Also found out my dh father was born at home. I am definitely going to stick by my guns and have my homebirth! Hypnobirthing is all about having the most natural birth possible and with as little unnecessary medical intervention as possible and I'm not going to let someone change my and dh mind because of their ignorance. Thank you for the great link Flic! :)

Geordie, blessings and aramass.. I still haven't spoken to my dad.. Like you say he went about it totally the wrong way. He could have at least had the decency to call me if he had 'concerns' and it just totally came out of the blue. I still dint want to spk to him but think I should write him a text back detailing exactly what's what.

Flic.. I looked up the consultant and he is head of trauma and fractures so has no right to an opinion on antenatal care! (this is also the area my dads g/f works in) ... So ridiculous as I have my own specialist consultant who has seen me all through my pregnancy and he is now happy for me to be discharged to their care unless they have any concerns about my baby changing position and if that is the case I will be re-scanned. I have to be seen more regularly (fortnightly) and like your local pct I will have at least 2 midwives at home and an on call ambulance. They would not let me get to final stages if they thought anything at all was wrong, guess this is what I need to make clear to my dad and his g/f.

I have nothing against ppl having their own opinion but I think what he has done is so insensitive and cruel .. I would never do that to my daughter!
And I certainly don't need such things coming to my phone when I'm in labour! Going to think about what to say and get back to him later today. He obviously has no idea how upset he has made me as no further correspondence despite my silence [zx059]

I an sorry for such a bug rant but you have all greatly helped me, thank you so much.. I hope you are all well xxx [zx050] [zx127]

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Reg: May 17th 2010

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 12:51pm

Hi Girls!

I haven't been online for a few days and I missed out on so much!

Mrs.H., from what I read you have been more than careful about your decision about having a home birth [zx052] . Don't let your dad's comments get to you, I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt your feelings.. men are just a little thick sometimes. He's probably just worried about you and jumped to conclusions before doing the necessary research. I'm sure it's all coming from the right place. Why don't you try to talk to him after you've cooled down a little and explain the advantages of home birth to him. I'm sure you know much more about it than, what was it, a trauma consultant?! Good luck, and remember that he does love you even though it sometimes can come out a little strange.

Geordie, sorry to hear that the twins are on the small side, but they do still have some time to catch up so try not to worry too much - I know it's not that easy though...

AFM, I had my 32 week growth scan almost 2 weeks ago and although the growth is bang on normal, the amniotic fluid is low and baby is breech. I have been referred to the daily assessment unit, where they checked on baby's movements and heart rate and everything seems normal (I was on the monitors for about 45 minutes). They did say that if I wasn't happy with the amount of movements I felt during the day I was to self refer myself back to them and they would put me on the monitors again. This of course made me completely paranoid and I was sure that on Wednesday I did not feel as many movements as normally (although I was really busy at work) so off I went again, but luckily everything was ok again. So I have another scan on Tuesday to recheck the fluid and growth xfingers . When do babies normally turn head down? Did most of you feel it when your babies turned? Did the shape of your bump change? Most of the kicks I feel are pretty low on my bump and I'm pretty sure I can feel the head just under my liver.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

:xxx3:

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 1:27pm

Hey babybump.. Thanks for your reassurance.. My consultant told me lots of babys still have wriggle room up to about 36 weeks and then most settle but everyone is different! .. Good luck to you :) xx

Aramass.. I forgot to say in my earlier message that for last 2 yrs I also taught yr 4 so not such a big gap as going straight from key stage 3-5! :) .. Seems we have a lot in common :) !

Geordie.. Also forgot to say good for you .. R.e nappies!!

And blessings.. Glad your gt turned out good :) ... Pls excuse my baby brain ladies!!

Very forgetful at min xxx xxx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 6:44pm

Babybump: Mine were head down all along until one suddenly went breech at 34 weeks. Because i"m a sack of limbs with two I'm finding it really hard to know which one is moving and where they are positioned. Also, I have an anterior placenta on one side so there's one twin I hardly ever feel. The other one I feel movement quite a lot but don't really know what's normal. I think I've got the worst of both worlds. I have one head under my chest (heartburn) and the other on my pelvis (constant needing to wee). Don't forget that movements will be slowing down at this stage as there is less room so try not to worry too much.

I'm feeling like crap today. Threw up all morning then fell asleep. luckily a friend came round and dragged me out of the house for lunch and a stroll which made me feel much better.

Lots of love to everyone else. Glad to hear you sounding happier Mrs H. x
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 7:37pm

Mrs H I'm so pleased that you're going for it with the home birth.

I can't actually believe your Dad asked a trauma and fractures consultant for advice about babies. Thats like asking an obstetrician about neurosurgery!! Tell your Dad that you'll consult the cons he used if you break your arm during labour!

It wouldn't surprise me if your Dad or other members of your family were born at home either!!

I'm pleased you get the same stuff as here too. Intervention can cause so many problems (I know!!) So if you can do it at home where you're more relaxed and calm and 'enjoy' it you're more likely to have a positive labour and birth.

I think what your Dad did was panic and not think at all. He's probably feeling guilty. As long as you go armed with info and just give him the facts, that it is just as safe if not safer than a hospital birth, he will come round I think. But even if he doesn't, its YOUR baby and YOUR labour and YOUR birth. If he was going to do it for you then he can do it in hospital!

And anyway, if the hospital wasn't happy and your cons wasn't happy then he wouldn't be signing you off.

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 11:10pm

Homebirth dad issue

As I can't figure out how to make a diary I thought I'd update you with what I've just sent my dad... Text reads as below:

Were good thanks, works busy but apart from that alls good. I was a little upset by your tx earlier in week. Seems your worried about our homebirth but if there was any slight change in mine or babies health we would no longer have the go ahead. I have been under the head consultants care for this area and london since the very beginning and had lots of extra scans and tests to ensure would be no risk to me or baby. We are booked in to have 3 midwives with us 24/7 and for as long as we need/want after the birth and its policy to have an on call ambulance ready.. but they wouldn't let me get to the final stages if they had any concerns whatsoever. Lots of my friends here have had home births and we will still have emergency equipment in our home, some of which will be dropped off at 34 weeks. The policy here is they won't accept ppl into hospital til their at least 4cm anyway and so lots have been born at home or on way. We have excellent care and my superior midwife has delivered over 100 babies at home. The consultant you refer to in Colchester is a trauma and fracture specialist so what he has said is his opinion and not medical fact.. It's like an antenatal leader or brain surgeon trying to give him the facts on his area! It's not his field of expertise and he has probably never even attended a homebirth. My consultant would not have discharged us from his care if he had any concerns. I am booked in to see midwife every 2 weeks between now and due date and if she has any concerns whatsoever I will be sent back to my consultant and for further scans to re-check babies positioning. Thought it was a little harsh you would say ben or I would risk our baby dieing. We have been over cautious about everything and have put lots of thought and research into our decision. We appreciate your concern and your entitled to your opinion but think you have no reason to worry, we are in expert hands and are very aware that anything could change in the next 7 weeks, we are also booked local hospital as a back up xx

Sent from my iPhone

So there you go, hopefully it will reassure him and he will think before he says anything next time!

At end of day this baby and my dh are the most important thing to me and no-one else will come between us!

ooo... just got a reply.. he says... Fine, still think your wrong, ur baby do what ever you want. Can't understand why u wouldn't want to be in hospital, just in case. X I won't go on anymore X

So there you go, hopefully he will leave it now! (I have decided not to reply)

xx xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 11:20pm

p.s. Flic... just had a read of your blog, didn't realise you suffered the dreaded OHSS too, I was hospitilised with mine and signed off for 2 months :/

(Hope to never go through it again, I was very ill!)

Was also interested to read about the hair loss as my hair has been falling out for months and getting progressively worse (handfuls every day!) will bring up with my midwife next time I see her xx xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 12:27am

Mrs Harper,

It's a big leap for a lot of people to even consider not being in hospital. My Dad was exactly the same, he nearly fell over when I annonced my plans for a homebirth. Without a good understanding of the physiology of labour and delivery, the fact that it's a cascade of hormone releases and that these releases can be blocked by stress, lights, questions, strangers etc etc... it's really hard to get their heads around. Most people believe that labour and delivery is a spontaneous physical occurence in which the woman is rendered unable to have any influence of control, let alone accept that fact that a woman's emotional state can have a total impact on her physical reactionsl. Years of myth and drama programmes on the television have sown these seeds and people of our Dads generations weren't involved in our Mothers labours and deliveries so they haven't even any first hand experience.

It's hard for him to understand the complexities and without an understanding of that he won't be able to accept your reasoning. My Dad thankfully sat down and listened to a midwife telling him the home truths of homebirth, after which he practically forbade me from going into hospital. At the end of the day, it would be nice to have his blessing but the proof of the pudding and all that ...... it's only when people like you actually go through a homebirth that the people around you cause a ripple effect of acceptance and understanding. So prove them all wrong and do what feels right for you. I really hope you get the birth you want, however it turns out.

x

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 10:32am

Mrs H, What Bells said!!

I just think he doesn't understand. Its not about being in hospital just in case. It still takes time to get everything ready whether you're there already or not.

Yup, I had OHSS!! I was off work for about 5 weeks altogether and ended up having a lap to remove a load of cysts that had grown. Bad times.

The hairloss it normal in pregnancy. Some people have loads of hair but others lose it. Speak to your MW though chick. My current hair loss is due to a zinc deficiency.

The diary thing, you just need to start a new thread in Pregnancy Diaries!

Reg: Feb 26th 2009

Children: Hartlepool

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 2:10pm

Hi all

Update - sorry I have not read everyone's posts and will come back when I have more time but being kept VERY busy with my two bundles of joy.

James Robert - Seven pounds 4 oz
Ross Anthony - Six pounds 3 oz
were born by C section on Monday 10th Jan 2011.

Got home from hospital yesterday and totally shattered as trying to breastfeed the two with varying succcess (dependent upon the day and the baby!) but once fed both usually get half an hour and then need to feed again! Think I have had roughly 10 hours sleep since Monday! They are both totally gorgeous and love them to bits. SPD and recovering from C section doesn't help but they are worth it and DH is brilliant.

Congratulations to anyone else who has given birth lately!!!!

A very tired but delighted K xxx
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
2 ectopics both tubes removed
1st cycle IVF, 2 blasto 9.3.09
:BFP: but ended in m/c :sadface:
me 34 DP 41
IVF May 2010 and got :BFP:
2 babies all healthy so far and both boys! :D
SPD for me :bawl: Next scan 7th Jan xfingers for a decision to encourage babies to arrive!

Reg: Oct 29th 2009

Children: 1DD aged 13 1DS aged 2

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 3:09pm

Congratulations Dramaqueen
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
ICSI Sept :BFP: Miscarriage @ 8 weeks :bawl:
ICSI May/June Single ET :BFP:
FET June/July 13 ???

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 3:30pm

DramaQueen

:congrats: :balloons: on the birth of your little ones.

Lovely: How are you.? Thank you for your lovely comment on my pic.

And to everyone else who's commented on my pics, thank you.

MY DIARY

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 3:42pm

JANUARY
1.Mollie61 - 17/01
2. Dramaqueen - 30/01

FEBRUARY
1. Mima08 - 4/2
2. Blessings - 5/2
3. Aramass - 12/2
4. Danielle - 12/2
5. Tiggs - 13/2
6. Kimby - 14/2
7. Lovely - 16/2
8. Babybump - 28/2

MARCH
1. Luckysmb - 7/3
2. Mrs Harper - 7/3
4. BeeS - 25/3
5. Emma24 - 29/3

JANUARY
2. DramaQueen 10/01 [James Robert & Ross Anthony] :boy: :boy:

MY DIARY

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 3:53pm

Dramaqueen: That's fantastic news!! I look forward to hearing all about how it's going, if you have time that is. What fantastic weights as well. How far did you get again?

Love to everyone else. I'm weepy and hormonal today. Is anyone else getting that?? I feel like the most miserable person on here at the moment!
Blessings: I wonder if we need to change my due date. I'm having my c section on 26th January. Arghghghg. That makes me near the top!
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests