You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 9:17am

wow its been busy on here!!!

ive been clening and sorting paperwork so havent been on for a while! on a good note the house is spottless! no one is allowed to touch anything now!! lol next job is to get some stuff frozen for when LO arrives!! or i be living on toast like last time hehe

I have 3 weeks & 3 days togo now so really could be any day! not sleeping well in pain with back need wee or having contractions most of night!! im helping lots with my sons school next week as its the last week so ill try catch up with everyone asap! got to go son has 1st swimming lesson today then party! another bust day ahead for me.

Congrats boo boo and welcome taxihome stace anna (i think thats everyone!)

so who is the next due to have their LO ???
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 10:50am

hello lovelies.
Thought i' bob on while i can. I'm one handed with lydia feedin so pls forgive spelling ect...lol.
Thanks for all the congrats. Been a mummy is amazing....hard work but totally amazing. Can't believe what i did wih my life before lydia was here. We're so inlove with her, its like she's always been here.

As for birth....well it was horrific! I hated the epidural and then lost 2 pints of blood during the section. My BP kept falling and i kept passing out during the section. Then recovery was really bad cos i was weak and in pain. All that aside though it was totally worth it to get my little girl. Just think i was one of the unlucky ones and had a bad time.

I've been determined to BF and so far i've stuck to it with a few small top ups in cups and a bit of manual expression when she won't latch. Its getting better everyday though and while it does i'm sticking with it. Ilm having to survive on cat naps though cos its so demanding. Its harder than i thought it would be more because of the lack of sleeo while recovering from a section. I had 4 hours sleep last night and thats considered good....lol.

I've been keeping an eye in here....just not had chance to post til now. All seems to be going well with u all.

Hiya and congrats to 3rd tri newbies.

Any news from harry?

Sending lots of love to ya all.....i'll be keeping my eye out for the next arrivals in here

xxxxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 10:57pm

Hi everyone! Really sorry to have taken so long to get on here. It's been a crazy week and each time I've thought about trying to post, a little someone has had other ideas!

Zachary (Zac) William was born by emergency c-section last Sunday night, 10th July at 11:56pm. Lots of twists and turns that meant my planned homebirth became a long labour and finally, an emergency c-section but all I can say is that none of it matters when it comes down to it. At each stage where something happens that isn't quite to plan (and I had a few of those...), something kicks in that said, "just get him out safely, whatever it takes".

Zac is quite diddy - 6lbs and 14oz or 3.105kg but the midwife confirmed today he's already back to his birthweight and breastfeeding happily. It's all of the cliches - exhausting, wonderful, baffling, frustrating, amazing! Recovering well from the c-section (BooBoo - I'm with you on the epidural effects (shaking like mad throughout!) and blood loss - ugh) and feeling positive about each day that I might feel a bit more on top of things as each day comes.

BooBoo - wonderful news for you too and a beautiful name. Good luck to everyone else on here - not sure when I'll next make it on and be able to catch up but very excited for you all!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 7:12am

aw harry huge congrats hun. Love the name zac. Sorry to hear about your long labour and c section but llike u say, all that matters is safe arrival of LO. Glad your finding BFing successful, do u find your up all night with zac? I'm just laid here now with lydie after one hrs sleep :tired: how u describe motherhood is spot on hun. You sound very happy and content, enjoy baby zac and huge congrats again xxxx

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 9:07am

Fantastic news Harry - we have all been waiting to hear your news!! I love the name Zac - very, very cute - bet he is a right little sweetie. You take care and give yourself time to recover - if you can!

Booboo - sounds like you are doing great with the breastfeeding sweetie. You take good care of yourself too.

Just so super exciting to hear all this baby news. My friend had her little girl the other night. It was her second, a very easy and quick birth with no pain relief - all she kept saying was that she wished the same for me. I wish the same too!! My other friend is due to have her baby boy next week, then it is me! I wonder who is next on here? We should have had a list with all our due dates drawn up, so we can see who is where and when. Mum82 - it might be you next!! Sounds like you are nesting big time too!

Hope you are all taking it easy. xxx

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 9:10am

Hi there all - haven't been on for weeks but thought i'd pop by to say congratulations to Booboo and Harry!
Booboo sorry to hear that your birth was so traumatic - I must say that you sound very philosophical about it now though. Lydia is a beautiful name. Well done for persevering with the breastfeeding.
Harry - what a time of it you had too - sounds like Zac's thriving and it's great to hear your feeling so positive and taking things one step at a time.
AFM - not on here much as i said but do read what's going on. Hope I can take some tips from you two. I still don't know whether I'll have a caesarian or not but kind of think whatever happens happens and I'm doing my best to be ready. Just made some plum and almond muffins for a breakfast treat yum
Nat x

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 10:05am

harry and boo boo congrats to you both, what lovely names u both have chosen and well done with the breastfeeding girls xxxxx

amazing graze not long for us now!!! yehhhh im now taking my notes everywhere just incase!!

shinealight yum yum muffins for breakfast sounds nice! i made ginger cake which was lovely!! cooking cleaning all i seem to be doing haha love having the time off to do it all.

AFM off swimming today then upto dover to see my father in law (hope baby doesnt come over there lol) hope veryone else is well xxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 10:42am

Hi All and thank you for the wonderfuly warm welcome. :wine:

Stace - my birthing patners are DH and my MIL. Cant believe my MIL is gonna see my hoohaa. My mum lives in Norfolk and is to far away. DH could do with the support of his mum too as I believe it is gonna be hard for him. I may get annnoyed with him :getout:

Rallygirl - lovely to see you again. I hope you are all settled. :rose:

Hopping 77 - how lovely that your mum is your Best Friend. lurve

Adreamz - hi hon. You are getting a fair few scans like me. No they wont induce me. I go into labour normaly around 28/30 weeks and they will need to try and stop it. I have 2 boys, well men who i went into labour with between 28 - 30 weeks. We are hoping Amelia stays longer. :pray: I am on thyroid meds so get extra scans as well as being on Beta Blockers for a heart arithma due to pregnancy and thyroid. How come you are having lots of scans if you dont mind me asking?

Amazing Grace - thanks for the welcome hon. I have 2 changing mats. One for upstairs and one for down. Dont see the point of lugging one up and down like a loonachick! :hairout I cant believe ypu only have 5 weeks to go. Wow! starsmile

Mum82 - ahh the cleaning and nesting. It will hit us all. :bath:

BooBoo - congrats on Lydia. You must be over the moon. Beautiful name too. :congrats: :balloons:
Harry - Congrats on baby Zac. :congrats: :balloons:

Shinealight- hope you find out soon how you will be delivering your miracle.

Anna - What can i say but Hello again Missy. :hi:

AFM - Mimi moving loads which makes me so happy. Had a scare Fri as hadnt felt her all day. I popped over to our equilivant of A and E and saw a lovely Doc. As soon as he bent towards me with the heart monitor my little naughty girlie kicked and punched me. Still he listened anyhoo and all was fine. She is so a proper madam. :rainbow:
I have been having a few wobbles with my increased downs risk and refusal to have an amnio. I have had so many scans inc. a big posh one in London and no markers found so we cling to the fact that we have a percentage of 98.7% that she is a healthy bubby gal. :pray: :pray: :pray: No matter what she is our miracle that we never dreamt we would make together.
Well me, him, our GP, reception staff, consutants, embryolgists., the NHS system and each and everyone of you gals whom have supported us throughout. grouphug
Have a lovely lazy Sunday.

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Jul 17th 2011, 10:44am)

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 12:36pm

Booboo and Harry - huge congratulations on the safe arrival of your precious baby's. Sounds like you both had a tough time with the c-sections. I haven't made a birth plan as I know it will probably go out the window on the actual day, though I have asked if I can go in the pool for the start and take it from there. Hopefully I will be next and join the new mummies club :biggrin: xx

AG - I agree it would be good to have a list of due dates. Mine is Sunday 24th July - a week today - eeek!! I am having a sweep on Tuesday though so he may well come earlier. I had a lot of pressure in my lady bits yesterday so wondering if his head is engaging. I think Lozza is due a couple of days after me. Good idea putting the changing table in the bathroom. I wish my bathroom was big enough for that but it's tiny. I have some mats so I have the option to change him downstairs. It won't bother me too much about the smell, though if we have visitors then I will take him upstairs but if it's just me and DH at home then for convenience we will change him downstairs when needed xx

Taxihome - that percentage sounds great so I am sure your little girl will be perfect xx

Adreamz - hope you're having a chilled time at your sisters xx

Hello to everyone else.

Can't believe I've made it to 39 weeks!!!! I'm having a sweep on Tuesday to hopefully bring on labour naturally but if nothing happens I am being induced on the 25th so either way I will get to meet our long awaited for little boy within the next 2 weeks - super excited but also nervous about labour. I think I may start raspberry leaf tea today though probably too late LOL!

Re perineal massage, can you use Olive Oil? We have Extra Virgin Olive Oil in our kitchen cupboard for cooking but can you use it down there? I asked DH if he wanted to do it and he just burst out laughing LOL! I was joking but was funny seeing his face :teehee:

I watched a DVD yesterday about breastfeeding, which I have to say was excellent - Clare Byam Cook - Breastfeeding without Tears. I would strongly recommend it as I never really fully understood the latching on process until watching this. She explains it so well and there are 3 clips where she visits new mums and shows them where they're going wrong. I feel a lot more confident now about BF and hoping her technique will mean I do it successfully. She actually disagrees with some things I have read in my books, which was interesting. I know you can buy it off Amazon but I'm sure other websites like Ebay will sell it too. I would definitely recommend watching it ladies. It was lent to me from a friend in work who swears by it and still breastfeeds her 1 year old without any problems and she never had sore nipples.

Hope you're enjoying the weekend anyway despite the dismal weather. Rained here all weekend so I haven't left the house.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 5:30pm

Hey Ladies,

Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.

Big :congrats: to Harry as well, lovely name, hope the birth wasn't too traumatic,

Boo Boo apart from the awful CZ, it sounds like you are so so happy, well done with the BF, hope you get more sleep soon!

Hoping - wow - a week today, how exciting! so how come they do the sweep before your due date? that dvd sounds really good, i will watch it closer to the date, i really want to BF but worried about it esp as one of my nipples becomes inverted sometimes. yep weather has been pretty dismal rain, then 10 mins of sun followed by more rain etc, miserable!

Taxi! lovely to see you here, you must have been v. worried when not feeling mimi moving, i was the same last night, had big BBQ /Party here and when everyone went about midnight i realsied i hadn't felt Molly move all day, i was so worried, managed to find the HB on the doppler though, and then when i went to bed felt her a lot more, i felt guilty though as i had a couple of drinks and really worried they had done something. Your 98.7% chance of a perfect baby sound pretty good odds to me :) wow - didn't realise you could go into labour any day, will they be able to hold it off?

Grace, hope you have had a lovely weekend and you got better weather than us! when are you due now? is the sex a surprise? have you thought of names? i hadn't even thought about having a changing mat downstairs, could i use a travel one as well maybe so not a permenant one down here? hope all the wedding excitement doesn't make your waters break! enjoy your cookfest :)

Stace, i had only actually contemplated having my DH with me, my parents will come to the hospital, my Dad is a Dr so i will feel more comfortable with him around if any problems arise, but only James will be there when she arrives, will your mum be ok with that?

Rallygirl, ooh, i must check out that spa, it sounds fab, hope you have a lovely relaxing time, i am off on a spa break with my best friend next weekend as well, can't wait.

hello to everyone else on here, hope you and bumps are doing well :)

AFM, well, busy weekend, Friday night lots of preparing for the BBQ, then Saturday rain rain and more rain, so had to postpone it back a few hours as the weather so awful, people came over around 4 and didn't leave till 11, it was really fun, but as an adult BBQ, none of my friends have children yet, so everyone was getting very drunk et, it was fine for most of it but then it got quite hard to deal with later as i got tired and it gets to a point that they all become too loud and wasted! :wine: so i had to kick everyone out as no one showed any signs of leaving! did have a lovely time though and as it is the first time i have a proper bump now was getting lots of lovely compliments.

So today both me & James are knackered, we've cleared the study of everything ready for painting tomorrow, went down to Argos to order the furniture, paid for it all with 5 years of nectar points, so a real bargain! just chilling now watching Willy Wonka while James is snoozing.... Molly is moving a lot today which is reassuring, can't wait to get the nursery sorted.

28 week MW appt tomorrow, wonder what my bump will measure! will report back,

have lovely rest of weekends everyone

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 6:14pm

Hi Anna

Are you having a girl and will you be calling her Molly? Glad the BBQ turned out well despite the weather. You wouldn't think it was July would you? Saying that we have had some nice sunny days so can't complain too much, I just hope we get some more.

I am having a sweep on Tuesday because of my gestational diabetes. They don't want me to go past my due date. Well, they're happy to wait until the 25th to induce me, which is one day later but also because they don't do it on Sundays. Like me though they're hoping the sweep will bring on labour naturally so fingers crossed.

I have a question for you ladies - I have a thermometer in our house and despite not having the heating on for several weeks the temperature always seems to be at least 20 degrees and often 22 degrees, well it has been the past few weeks because of the pretty warm nights. This is in every room pretty much. They say the ideal temperature for the nursery is 18 t0 20 degrees. I don't really want to have the window open at night so if the room is 22 degrees what would you dress the baby to sleep in e.g. a vest and swaddle in a cotton blanket? A friend suggested buying a fan, which I will do, but I just wanted your opinions on what you will be putting your baby to sleep in dependant on the room temperature.

My mum said they didn't worry about this in her day but it must be important because they wouldn't stress about it would they and I know overheating is one of the main causes of cot death. I am probably being very paranoid, being a first time mum and all but I'm sure you understand I want to ensure I do it right.

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 8:08pm

Hi all,
Hoping I just bought a gro egg thermometer and found inside the box a really useful leaflet telling you exactly what to dress the baby in depending on the temperature of the room. , I am sure it's probably on the Internet somewhere. If not I can try to figure out how to scan it In For you..

I am waiting for nesting to kick in, our house is a tip and my parents are coming up to visit next weekend!
Picked up pram accessories today and hid them all in the garage, also managed to do toe nails I suspect for the last time, was a bit of an effort.
Now just investigating how on earth to do perineal massage , hmmmm. May wait and see until after scan next week to see if placenta has moved and if I need a section or not.

Hope you enjoyed your spa rallygirl, I have just booked an Indian head massage and a pedicure.

Hi to everyone else..
I am shatters todAy but will have to sit up for hours as really full today and food just sitting in probably v squashed stomach, was even sick the other night, urgh. Suppose it's good for controlling the calories!

Oh. Well Monday tomorrow again, but only 2 weeks to go at work! Yeah

Liz x

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 8:16pm

Hoping, I found it. Just open the gro egg web site, open the more info tab and you can download the instruction leaflet!

Liz

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 9:45pm

Shinealight - lovely to see you back on here and hope all is going well with you - your breakfast muffins sound delicious! I am like you and think whatever will be will be, although I have to say I am turning towards wanting to avoid a section if at all possible. Mainly because we are abroad and don't have family here to help out afterwards!

Mum82 - good for you for keeping up the swimming. It is soooo good for you in prep for labour.

Taxihome - The tracking movements thing can be so stressful. I think the main thing is to take note of any really different changes in movement and like you did to get it checked out if you are at all worried. I have to say my little one doesn't move loads. I have quiet periods and then active periods, but it is not a lot compared to some. I just make sure there are no drastic changes in the movements and am always delighted when he/she starts to kick like mad! The downs things enters my head sometimes because they don't do the test here unless you are in the age bracket and high risk, so we never got them. They can tell so much from the scans as well though and if something was amiss it would have been picked up by now, so try not to worry. Also, my sister who was 24 at the time had the test as they do it routinely in the UK I think and she came back as very high risk. She decided against and amnio as everything in the scans were good and she had decided that she wouldn't be taking any action whatever the results, so decided against them. She has a very healthy 7 year old. I think there will always be something for us to worry about don't you think!

Hoping - You're next!!! Hope it all goes well on Tuesday! That breastfeeding video sounds great. Another tip from a friend of mine was to start using nipple cream before the baby comes - she had no trouble whatsoever. Whether it was because of using the cream i'm not sure, but anything is worth a go!! I have the gro egg thermometer and too found the leaflet really helpful for advice.

Anna - so pleased the BBQ wasn't rained off and you had a great time. Know what you mean about being round really drunk people when you are sober though!! You look wonderful, so you deserve all those lovely compliments!! Good luck tomorrow - let us know how it all goes. I'm due 24th August, so 5 and half weeks to go! We don't know the sex, so rather exciting!! We have a boys name, but struggling for a girls name as my best friend had a little girl and stole our name!! We might still use it if the baby is a girl and really suits that name, but in some ways we'd just like to get something different. We are keeping the names quiet until the birth, so we are not influenced by others and choose names that are truly right for us. On the changing mat side of things - I am just having a changing mat upstairs in the bathroom. Some of the other girls were talking about having them up and down, but I think I will just stick with my original plan as we have a big enough bathroom and I am a bit anal when it comes to these things! I kinda think poo should be kept for the bathroom! I think i'll have my changing bag downstairs most of the time, so can use that one or I also have some disposable ones for emergencies! Most of the time I think we'll just use the upstairs one.

Liz - A friend of mine always jokes with me because she said the nesting never kicked in with her and when baby came the house could have done with a good tidy!! Not long to go until you finish up now.

Not a lot to report - DH and I have just had the loveliest day together. Out for a nice walk, chilling at home and a meal at our favourite restaurant tonight. Baby kicking lots, which is great. I'm getting seriously huge - look like I could pop tomorrow and I have 5 and half weeks to go!! xxx

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 10:42pm

Hi ladies,

Hope its ok thought i'd move over to 3rd trimester, carn't believe i'm here.

Its been lovely reading your stories and chats - I will try and catch up with personals at some stage.

Sorry don't get on too often, work fulltime and have DS who is 2yrs 7mths old, will try and keep up to date though. XXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Monday, July 18th 2011, 6:21am

Hi Ladies!

Can I join you too? Seems there is a recent influx of us from the second tri. Nice to see you all here, and I recognise some of you who are just about ready to pop from when I first joined 2nd tri, which felt like forever ago.

Like Alie, I simply can't believe I am here. It feels like such a major landmark in the pregnancy world. This is going to be an exciting few months!

I will catch up later and do personals then but YAY!! Here we all are !!!

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Monday, July 18th 2011, 8:37am

Hey ladies just popping over to wish daisy, Anna, taxi, alie and stace (and everyone else!) best of luck in the third tri! Can't believe I will move over to the 2nd tri on thursday and you have all gone!' looking forward to hearing your stories!

Someone mentioned about who was due etc - there used to be a wee "hall of fame" that someone would take on in this thread, there is also a thread in general pregnancy called who's due - as copied some dates down for you all xx

WHEN ARE YOU DUE?
July

Harry 5th July 11
Mini Mouse 11th July 11 Twins
Marsha85 23rd July 11
Hoping77 24th July 11
JenniferB 24th July 11
LozzaG 28th July 11

August

Mindy2010 4th August 11
Bonnie 9th August 11
mum82 9th August 11
adreamz 16th August 11
Amazing Grace 26th August 11
Chatterbox 27th August 11
Shelbie 31st August 11
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Monday, July 18th 2011, 10:34am

Wow, it's really busy on here atm.

Stace, I had my sizing scan on Friday which was fine, don't expect to see much though as now that we are nearly there, they are so big that you see the head, then the foot etc. I must say that it was strange seeing baby move on screen and feeling it at the same time. I see that you are worried about your birthing partner, my mum would have liked to have been there for Wills birth but I explained that I needed DH as he had attended the classes with me and I really did not want any added stress. She was very understanding but did call at intervals throughout the birth to check that we were ok which was nice. I knew that I would worry about my mum seeing me in so much pain and labour is a very selfish thing and you just need to concentrate on what you are doing to get through it so the least amount of distractions, the better.
Suki, I loved you birth story and xfingers that mine goes the same way. Congrats on the arrival of baby Miles and glad that you are coping so well.
Adreams, I know what you mean about finishing ofr mat leave, it feels as though you are sciving from school doesn't it? Please make the most of it as there will be no time for relaxing once baby is here :snigger:
Anna, sorry that you are experiencing pelvic pain, I have the same thing and it has got quite bad now. If it does get worse, mention it to your mw who can refer you to the hospital, they gave me a bump support which is certainly helping. Please don't leave it too late as the earlier they can do something about it, the better. I am soory to say that my weight definately exceeds the recommended weight gain, I have already put on 3 stone and still have 7 weeks to go, I found that I was constantly hungry throughout the 2nd tri but it is better now. I say don't worry, I gained a similar amount with Will and it didn't even cross my mind to loose it until after his first birthday as he just kept me so busy, I did loose it all then got my BFP this time :snigger:
AG, lovin the cooking/freezing regime, I did it last time and it helped loads after baby was here. I just can't seem to find the time atm but plan to try and get it done when I finish for mat leave as will is staying in nursery for a couple of weeks to allow me a bit of time to sort a few things out.
Rally, glad the GTT went ok and Happy Birthday for today :clap
Taxi, Alie and Daisy, great to see you here, welcome to the final stretch
Boobooand Harry, welcome to motherhood and welcome to the world babies Lydia and Zac. Sorry that both of your labours were so hard but you both sound very happy to have your lilttle babies with you safe and sound, it only gets better :happy:

I haven't been around for few days as I have struggled, Will was poorly on Thursday so everything was no,no,no which meant that I was constantly picking him up which left me in agony so I had the day off from work on friday to recover. We then went away for a very rainy weekend at our caravan but at least I got to chill out lots which has definately helped. I was woken at 3am this morning with pains, thaught nothing of it and went back to sleep but 10 minutes later, they were back and lasting about a minute. I am surprised that I stayed to calm but just stayed there breathing through them and they eventualy went off after a couple of hours. I never had braxton hicks last time but pressume that is what it was. I has spurred me on though to get my bag packed and get the nursery finished, just in case. I am so excited about meeting our little one :happy:

Right, must get some work done now

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, July 18th 2011, 11:06am

:hi:

Hoping - that DVD about Breast feeding sounds fab. [zx017] This will be my first attempt as prem babies way back yonder were very hard to breast feed due to needing to make sure they took a certain amount. I hope I can do it succesfully although i have decided to do both breast and bottle. I can't breast feed a certain amount of hours after taking my meds. thinkthink

Anna - Enjoy making your nursery. starsmile It is so much fun. I am still needing to get a cot for Mimi's teeny tiny room. We have a beautiful swing crib for her for the first 4-6 months where she will be in with us :winking: . Hoping to get cot before she is here though but with so much to buy we will have to see. We also just got a lovely mamas and papas moses basket for downstairs. Glad you enjoyed your BBQ. I am hoping to meet some new friends with babies round my area when Mimi comes. :thumbsup2: Most of my friends have much older children. There are a few but thier babies are from around 7 and up now. My bro has his baby (2 yrs old) a lot and there is of course Violet and Willow but i will be in a similar boat to you.

Elizmac - enjoy your last 2 weeks of work honey. :dancing:

Amazing Grace - thanks for your post. [zx187] Amelia moves quite routinley so it was a worry when she missed her early morn and afternoon play. I do have a doppler but my MW told me to put it back in its box and at the top of a very high cupboard. She also said that with a worry over movement never go by a home doppler as there is always the worry of getting it wrong. Instead go to a pro. It was worrying but all is back to normal again. We are also quietly confident Mimi is healthy. I am sure your baby is too hon. Hope you enjoyed your meal my lovely. biggrin2

Alie - You sound like you have your hands full there. Welcome to 3rd Tri. :winking:

Daisy - Hello my lovely. Glad you have moved over. Its soooooooo Amazing we are here eh. [zx022]

Confused - Wow you move to 2nd tri. I am just so so chuffed for you bub. :rainbow:

AFM - Mimi is moving lots still which is brill. :weehee: Had my DGD's at thw weekend. Vi who is almost 2 is not the best fan of her baby sis Willow. Everytime i held Willow (3.months) Vi would bang the moses basket and say "back" pmsl . Willow I must say is an awesome baby. She doesnt cry. I had to guess when she wanted fed and had to wake her up in the morning. All she does is smile and smile and smile. I am now wrecked tho zzzz zzzz . Looking after 2 babies while PG was quite hard. Feeding the bubby one with a wacking great fat lump in front was hard. :watson:
I have blood tests for 28 week apt on Thurs and to check my thyroid levels. Growth scan a week tomorrow too.
Have a great day all.

:wave: bigkiss

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Monday, July 18th 2011, 4:10pm

Wow loads happening in here! This is where all the action is!

Welcome Alie and Daisy - really great to see you both over in the third tri!! It is a very exciting place to be, especially now that lots are starting to have their babies!

Confused - thanks for that list sweetie! I can't remember adding myself to it, but I must have done way back in the beginning. Looks like i've still got ages left!

Ali bird - Getting your bags packed isn't a bag idea! I am starting to put bits and pieces aside, but need to sort it properly. I think it sounds like Braxton hicks you were having. I get them loads everyday and i'm so used to them now that when the real thing happens I'll probably be all chilled thinking it is just BH!

Taxi - Hope everything goes well with your test lovely girl. How often do you get growth scans? That is one thing they don't do there- bugs me!

AFM - Not been feeling just myself today, but not sure if it that I am coming down with something or just because I am not sleeping well and really tired. I think I might be coming down with something as my throat is a bit iffy, but feeling ultra shattered too with not sleeping great. I have been sleeping on my side, but can't help tossing and turning because my hips and pelvis are soooo sore with the pressure of lying on my side. Went to see my DR to get my blood pressure checked as chunky fingers still here and especially with not feeling great. All was well - 110/78 - my blood pressure has never been better. I asked him about the extra scan because of my thyroid and he said that we didn't get it - just to keep getting thyroid checked. I'm not convinced as my friend who has not such a problem with her thyroid is getting one. I see my midwife next week, so will see what she says. Also going to ask her about gestational diabetes as I am high risk, yet no-one had tested me for it which is a bit bizarre. Sometimes here it is a case of who you speak to because everyone will tell you something different. If we are not entitled to another scan then we are going to book a private one anyway - just to make sure all is well with our baby and DH wants to see the baby again!
Booked to get my hair cut tomorrow which will be a bit of a treat and just enjoying time with DH. Going to go and get the isofix base tomorrow and a few other bits and pieces too. Hope you are all well xxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, July 18th 2011, 6:33pm

Amazing Grace - If you are on thyroid meds the NHS must give you atleast 1 extra growth scan as meds can potentialy affect bubs growth.
I only get 1 extra scan to my knowledge. Kick off if you dont get what you feel you should bub. :xxx3:

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Monday, July 18th 2011, 7:30pm

Thanks Taxi - somethings are just done differently here - not all bad, but it is hard not to compare to the UK! I am going to speak to my midwife next week about it and see what happens there and like I said, DH and I are going to go private if they won't do it. I'm on 100mmg a day Levaxin, (same as levaxthyroxine in the UK - or something like that!) so a reasonably high dose. I am massive, so worrying a little that this is going to be a big baby. xxx

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 6:33am

Good morning!!

Wow - the rain has stopped and the sun has come out - bet it doesn't last :windy:

And thank you for the lovely welcome xx

Ali - oooh Braxton hicks!! I bet you must have had a moment of panic - or did you realise straight away what they were? I imagine they will come along more frequenty now. Get bag packing!!

Taxi - I loved LOVED the piccies of Willow on FB, so glad you enjoyed your time. Not long and it will be your baby in your arms. Are you all ready given that you are likely to go early? I was thinking about you as I was driving home yesterday (I KNOW ODD!!!) and just can't imagine being ready at this stage. I have my growth scan next week too. Fingers crossed all is well xx

Amazing Grace - I am so sorry you are not feeling well. :poorly: Hopefully you are feeling better today. It's amazing how things differe from country to country/area to area with maternity care and what is deemed assential/normal. They seem to check for GD here at the drop of a hat and given you are high risk, I would assume you would have been checked. Are you going to push for it?

Anna - how was your 28 week appointment?

I can't see any further back - so sorry. Hope everyone else is OK xxx

AFM - all is well here. I have just read BooBoo's birth story. Scary stuff losing all that blood. Glad she is OK now though. The epidural sounded a bit daunting too, thik that has put me off medication. i am leaning more and more towards a water birth or gas & air (or both??).
Have you all been to look round your maternity wards yet? My m/w has told me two different times to do it. THe first time she said to go at 28 weeks, the second time she told me 32 weeks? What do you all think?
We chose the carpet for the nursery last night - must get some paint/wallpaper samples now!

Have a lovely bumptastic day :xxx3:

My diary

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 9:14am

hey huns.

Been keeping an eye on u all in here.

Hoping- good luck with your sweep today. Hopu u have lil nathan in your arms soon.

I like the list u've put together for who's next with due dates. Looking forward to the next announcements.

Daisy - sorry my birth story totally put u off epidural. I think i found it so painful cos i wasn't in labour before hand. My friends who have had it didn't think it was so bad cos they experienced labour pains before hand. For me though the mobility issue afterwards was a pain but u can't get away from that when having a c section. Birthing pool and gas and air would have been my choice too though if i could have had natural labour.

xxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 12:02pm

Hi everyone :hi:

Just a quick one from me as feeling quite delicate down below after my sweep this morning. It was uncomfortable and it makes you have intense period type pains but it was bearable. She said I am 1cm dialated and his head his pretty much engaged so now it's a case of wait and see. DH thinks I will go into labour this weekend. I can't tell. I woke up in the night with very mild tummy ache but it wasn't painful, just a dull ache. It eased after half an hour or so. Felt queasy this morning but could just be down to nerves of having the sweep.

So, if labour doesn't happen naturally this week I am booked in to be induced at 9:30am on Monday nailbite

Can't believe we will finally get to meet our son within the next week. I just hope the labour goes OK and he is delivered safely and is healthy xfingers

I'll pop on again later and do personals as going for a lie down after a restless night. AG - my hips throb too in the night through alternating sides. I can't remember the last time I slept solidly for more than 2 hours as it has me up every hour or so.

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 12:55pm

Hello ladies,

Oh my goodness I havent been on for 5days and its just taken me an hour to catch up on posts!!!

Hello and welcome to all the new 3rd trimester ladies - welcome aboard the last part of our pregnancy journey, sooo exciting isnt it!!!!!

Booboo and Harry I hope you ladies are well and enjoying every second of your gorgeous little ones - Im so excited for you both and Hoping and I are right behind you, although Hoping unless I go into labour early you will definitely be holding Little Nathan before I meet my wee man!

Hoping sorry to hear you are feeling a bit uncomfortable after your sweep - ouch! Great news however that you are 1cm dilated already. Cant believe its actually all happening for you. Thinking of you and hoping your DH is right and the wee boy decided to come himself over the weekend or maybe even before!!!! xxxxx

Ladies Im sorry to do this but have to go to the midwife at 1.30pm so need to get going in a min so no time for any personals but thinking of you all and looking forward to reading all your posts. I finished work on Friday so Im now trying to enjoy some time off getting organised. The painter is here finishing off my wee boys room, the bathroom and kitchen so hopefully this weekend we can get the furniture all set up in his room and I can finally put all of his clothes and toys in his new drawers etc. And also I actually packed my hopsital back yesterday - woohoo so thats made me feel better! We have our hypnobirth teacher coming tomorrow night for a quick refresher and update to make sure we are happy and to give us a little bit of extra support before baby hopefully arrives next week! Im off for a facial and tummy scrub mellow mama treatment at the local beauticians tomorrow and cant wait - some pampering at last!!!!!

Anyway must run.

Look after yourselves - much love

Lx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LozzaG" (Jul 19th 2011, 12:57pm)

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 4:10pm

Lozza - how exciting that we're due any day now, though I hope your little boy stays in a bit longer so you can get everything ready for him this weekend. I thought I was leaving everything to the last minute but you really are aren't you LOL! Hope your midwife apt goes well hun and I'm looking forward to hearing if the hypnobirthing helps you have a drug free labour xx

Good to hear from you Booboo - glad to hear you've got a routine going and you're now ready for visitors. I bet it can be overwhelming in the first week because it's all so alien and if you're anything like me you don't want to be distracted by visitors so you can get to grips with everything xx

Daisy - Welcome x I had a tour of my maternity ward at 35 weeks. I don't think it matters when you go really. I loved it, seeing all the rooms and the birthing pools. I have said I would like to start in the pool and have gas and air whilst I'm in there as that is the only pain relief you can have. Not sure if it will be enough but we'll see. I'm open to pain relief though and if I feel I want an epidural I will ask for one. There's no prizes for going natural is there? xx

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well AG. I am exactly like you with the sore hips. It has probably been the most uncomfortable thing I have experienced during this pregnancy - oh and the sickness for the first 16 weeks, which I hated LOL! You said you had a huge bump didn't you so wouldn't hurt to push for a GTT test. I'm pretty sure you have a good diet so are controlling it OK if you do. I am finding it quite easy to control through diet and I'm not being strict xx

Alibird - have you had anymore braxton hicks? I find walking around and rubbing my belly helps ease them. If I lie still they don't seem to disappear xx

Taxi - I bet that was hard work looking after a 2 year old and a baby, especially while you're pregnant. DH and I have spoke about us trying again after our son is born as I won't be on contraception (not that I ever needed it!) and we'll just see what happens. We're hoping this pregnancy will have helped clear my PCOS and I may have regular cycles and you never know it could happen naturally but I'm not holding my breath. I just worry about having 2 children close together as I'm sure it is a lot of hard work but then time isn't on my side. If nothing happens naturally we would have to do a full cycle of IVF again as we have no frozen embryos left. Although I feel truly blessed to be having one child and would be happy with just one I do think we would like to try for another but it won't be the end of the world if it doesn't happen. The pressure won't be as bad as it was trying for our first as the thought of being childless petrified me xx

Confused.com - cheers for the list of due dates xx

Alie - welcome to you too. Lovely seeing people move over into the final trimester, it's such a milestone and by far the most exciting time xx

Liz - cheers for the info re the Groegg. I checked it out. When I was looking through my baby drawers there is actually instructions on the packet of the swaddle me blanket I got, which refers to temperatures and clothing. My BT monitor has a light that changes to show the temperature so will just have to keep a close eye on that before deciding what to dress him in. I'm also going to buy a fan for the room. I wonder how people cope in hot countries. I bet their babies just sleep in nappies LOL! Yeah I don't think it will be long before you can't reach your toe nails LOL! I can't bend my legs up straight, they have to bend to the side if I want to put a sock or shoe on as my bump gets in the way. I'm sure the nesting instinct will kick in soon, moreso when you finish work I reckon as it's hard to feel motivated to do anything after a day at work xx

Rallygirl - did you hear from the hospital re your GTT? xx

Well I've just had a snooze to catch up on my lack of sleep last night though it wasn't for very long as next door are having a loft conversion so there has been constant banging :angry: In the end I decided to get up.

Still feeling a tad delicate down there after the sweep this morning. I bled slightly when she did it but thankfully not had anymore since. I have had a couple of shooting pains up by you know what too. I am hoping labour will start by itself in the next few days or if it gets to Monday when I go in they check me over and decide I don't need the drip and just the pessaries will do xfingers

Not really much else to report. Just a waiting game now for me nailbite

This weather is very depressing isn't it? Middle of July and it's like a winters day, well it felt like that before with the blustery rain. Hopefully we'll get a few more sunny days before Autumn is upon us.

Bye for now

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 5:12pm

Hi Ladies

Some fab news on the new arrivals, congratulations.

Just a very quick post as we're not long home and got lots to do. Had a lovely weekend and my mum-to-be massage this morning was heavenly!!! Feel very chilled. Think i've started getting braxton hicks too, got no friggin clue if that's what they are but get lots of tightening at certain places on my bump and it gets hard. Also getting trapped wind :snigger: which makes my bump go solid too.

Anyway, haven't heard from the hospital yet so hoping that's a good thing. Unfortunately, they've messed up a couple of appointments in the past so i'm not exactly in the clear yet, but fingers crossed!! xfingers

Have caught up with everyone but no time for personals just now, will catch up tomorrow girls!!

Take care xxx

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 5:33pm

Hi all,

BIG Congratulations to BooBoo! Can't believe you're a mummy now...and so will the rest of us be soon. Seems like we've all been pregnant for ages and now all of a sudden we're giving birth! Going to read your birth story in a min. Take care xx

Sorry for lack of personals. Im 36 weeks now and am really tired. This is my last week at work (thank god) and I can't believe how inconsiderate they are - not easing anything off for me at all - and it would be really easy for them to do that this week. Last week I came home with really swollen ankles as I was on my feet all day and we then had an evening event and I just think some of the people I work with are heartless. Anyway only 3 more days now.....and counting!!

Hoping - sorry to hear you're uncomfortable after your sweep - hope it gets things started for you though and it happens soon. Has anyone said anything to you about Stepping Hill and the saline contamination? Don't want to worry you....but I'm quite worried about it and wondering if I should go to St Mary's instead. Is it easy to change hospital or do I have to go to SH now?

I'm definitely thinking I want the birthing pool and gas and air but I am starting to get nervous about the pain as I don't cope well with pain so we'll have to see. The MW's up to now seem to be pushing for natural births and I've been told by work colleagues that if you ask for pain relief they tend to make excuses for as long as possible so have been given advice to demand pain elief if I need it and not accept excuses. Quick couple of questions.....first of all I've been really hungry now for the past few weeks and I can't seem to stop eating. I seem to have got massive all of a sudden and am putting weight on quickly. Is anyone else the same? Is this normal? The other thing is the last night and today I've had a few stabbing pains down below. Can't work out if it may be wind or something else. Not really bad just a bit uncomfortable. This isn't a sign of things starting is it?

Anyway I've got to go as I have loads of work to finish before Friday. Hope everyone is OK xx

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 5:45pm

Hi all.
Hoping how exciting. Not long now!! I am torn between just wanting him out and between being terrified of giving birth and my life changing so much!!
Have work meeting tonight and really can't be bothered with it. Getting loads of braxton hicks today, my bump is really round and just sticks straight out like a beach ball so when it's hard it's quite uncomfortable!

Don't have much other news. Life's quite quiet just now.

Am counting down the days at work but hope we get some sunshine now hey!! Think our bumps deserve it!!

Liz

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 6:03pm

:hi:

Hoping - Wow any day now then. Wahoooo :weehee:

Daisy - thanks for the kind words on Willow. lurve She is a little beaut. It is crazy that i could have my girlie anyday but i am confident the docs will keep her in a while yet.
Enjoy making the nursery hon. :flowers:

Amazing Grace - I forgot your not in the UK. Hopefuly you will bring your cons around to your way of thinking anyhoo. :goodluck:

BooBoo - i too lost loads of blood when i had my angel Billy. I lost 12 units all in all. Your all fine and dandy tho i see so thats great. :party:

Lozza - any day for you too. Whoooooo starsmile

Elizmac - Your having a boy? baby7 :congrats:

Rocky - Enjoy your last week of work :wine:

AFM - nout to report really. Very tired today and looking forward to Sunday as its our wedding anniversary. wedding2
Love to you all. blowkiss
Xxx
:xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3:

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 8:03pm

Hey ladies,

hope you & bumps are all doing well.

Daisy - lovely to see you here, so exciting, lots of nice meaty posts to read as well :winking: my bump measured spot on i am sure you will interested in hearing!

Taxi - am also feeling so tired at the moment, physically exhausted, but when i try to sleep my mind can't stop racing, very annoying, hope you and DH have a lovely anniversary, :cheers2:

Liz - i totally empathise with what you said - torn between wanting him out as so uncomfy but also terrified about how life changing it will be, that is exactly how i feel at this stage and i know it will get even more uncomfortable as the weeks go on, when are you due? if you find any tips to help with these worries please share! hope the Braxton Hicks calm down

Rallygirl - how was the spa? hope you had an amazing birthday, how do you know if they are Braxton Hicks? i haven't had anything like it yet, is it too early do you think?

Lozza - wow - so close! how are you feeling? how big is your bump? is it very uncomforatble? hope you get the nursery sorted out in time and your birth is very quick, painless and exactly as you have planned it, will keep everything crossed for you

Hoping - sorry to hear you are feeling a bit sore after your sweep, but fab you are already dilated and head is in the right place, any day now, how big are you? are you scared or just excited now? hope it happpens just as you planned it, i know what you mean about this crappy weather, am hoping Aug & Sept is a lot better! oh, i think you asked about it - we are having a little girl and calling her Molly Kate

Rocky - bet you can't wait to finish now, that is crap that your mean bosses aren't letting up or making the last few days easier for you, how much time are you having off? sorry to hear you are so tired, hope you get some good nights sleep and lie ins when you are on mat leave,

Boo Boo - you look amazing on your pics, not knackered at all, hope you have recoverd from the C-section, how are you feeling? i am having one too and any info would be good to know.

Grace - can't see back but hoep you are good xx

AFM - am still really knackered, have had a few bad nights sleep so need another good one to make me feel human again! had my 28 week appt on Monday, everything looks on target and good, bump &heartbeat all doing well, measured 28 weeks exactly. Had blood taken for anaemia, am thinking i may be slightly anaemic as so tired, getting breathless and feel faint at times, at least will know asap if i am.

We had the nursery painted a lovely deep pink yesterday, ordered furniture and hopefully within the next month should get it all sorted, am looking forward to doing that, i like a good project.

Not much else to report here, still getting lots of lovely kicks and movement, not had a nosebleed for a week which is amazing, looking forward to being 30 weeks, that seems like another milestone, the days are going so quickly now

xxxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 8:24pm

Quick reply for Rocky

Yeah I've been watching the news about Stepping Hill. I was worried at first but I actually think it will be a lot safer now given the amount of security they have there. I was there this morning and a security guy stopped us as we drove in to ask where we were going and there was security on the door as we walked in the Women's unit. I'd like to think that nothing will happen now that the police are involved and it's all over the news. Plus they will be extremely careful about checking the saline to ensure it isn't contaminated.

It's horrible what has happened and I hope they catch who has done it. I'd still rather go to SH than Tameside. If you'd feel better changing hun then put in a request. I totally understand your concern.

When I was there this morning there was no mention of what had happened, the midwives were just carrying on with their daily jobs. I think the wards it happened in are on the other side to the maternity unit.

xxx

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 1:59am

Hi everyone!

Have been totally useless at keeping on the site - the time has just flown! Very comforting to see people at the same stage as me. I'm having a girl - can't wait, but am also scared stiff of the birth. Such a coward, haven't been able to wacth any progs re labour. She was breech, but has now moved. Felt very faint this week - my blood pressure is low. My placenta is very high, so acting like a shock absorber to the baby, so not many kicks til later in afternoon. Saw midwife yesterday and all well.
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 6:35am

Hi Ladies

Anna - YAY for your bump measuring OK - at least you don't need to worry about falling over.....unless those boobs of yours keep going! We had a boob-off at work yesterday and I trumped everyone with FF. Making the most of it. And no nosebleed for a week too - you are on a roll lady!

Taxi - will you be doing anything nice for your anniversary? is it a special one? We have our 6th one coming up next week although we have been together for 10.

Elizmac - BH contractions (well the idea of them) really scare me - when are you finishing work?

Rocky - enjoy your last week at work!! I'm not sure about those pains but at your stage it wouldn't surprise me that things are beginning to start up now - you are so close to the end!

Rallygirl - yup, sounds like you are getting the BHs! Can't believe you haven't heard about your GTT yet, mind you - no news is good news! How did you find the whole experience? My test is next Tuesday and I am quite nervous about it.

Hoping - you are doing well girl - sooooooo close! What do they do in a sweep exactly? I hope you are feeling OK xx And you are absolutely right about there being no prizes for going au natrelle! I think I will try though, if I can. Just have no idea HOW painful it is going to be! I have decided I will cough and she will just pop out.......

Lozza - sounds like you are getting yourself all organised! It must be a lovely feeling getting the nursery all done. i have yet to start on ours but that will come in the next couple of weeks.

To everyone else - hope you are all well xx

AFM - nothing to report really. The bathroom is soooooo close to being finished - except DH and I decided we needed the toilet moving by about 2 inches so the guy has had to fiddle on with that! He will work today and finish it all off on Saturday - then I can accessorize! I keep getting little outfits and teddies from people at work, including the kids - it's really sweet and very touching. This wee baby has more clothes than I do already! People love buying for babies don't they?

My diary

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 10:01am

Morning Ladies

Daisy, yeah, my hospital is supposed to be the place to give birth in this part of the country and the midwives i've met have been brill but twice now i've received a letter telling me about an appointment on the day i'm supposed to have the app and even the day after. Not good!! I'm not overly worried cos my levels were only just over the limil. Apparently they have recently lowered the limil to 7 so they have been inundated with women needing GTT's. The actual test isn't too bad, just boring sitting around for 2 hours waiting to have blood taken. xfingers your bathroom is finished on time and you can get cracking with the nursery.

Hi Cathcat, i'm having a girl too. My m/w told me to try and avoid watching too many labour progs and try to focus on what we learn in the classes.

Got everything crossed things get moving for you Hoping!! xfingers xfingers Soooo exciting. :)

Hi Anna, spa was fabulous!!! Felt very chilled when we got home yesterday. My mum-to-be massage was amazing. Hope you get some sleep, i've not slept well for weeks now but just figured i'm getting good practise in for when Evie arrives. Lets hope that's the end to your nosebleeds. :)

Taxi, what you got planned for Sunday?? We had ours a few weeks ago and i must admit i had a sneeky vino and it was lush!!!

Elizmac, here's to finishing off at work!! You must be so relieved.

Hey Rocky, maybe your baby is just having a wee growth spurt and that's why you're eating a lot. Not too long for you now though!!! Are your work colleagues male? Cant believe noone has offered to lighten the load for you just in your last week. X(

Hope everyone else is well!!!

AFM- got an exciting weekend ahead, our private re-scan on Saturday morning, so xfingers we get a good look at our little girl this time. Then on Saturday evening is our Summer Ball. Lets hope the weather stays nice for us.
I've not even had a discussion with any m/w yet about what i want my birth plan to be. Got my 32wk check coming up soon then start classes at about 35weeks so will have more of a clue then. At the mo i'd like to go au naturale but am getting a bit worried about everything going pear-shaped. Shelley, Booboo and Harry, all ended up needing sections. I know when it comes to it, we'll just want her out safe and sound no matter what but my m/w said that if you have to be induced it increases your risk of needing further intervention so i'm praying i dont need to be induced. Has it got anything to do with the IVF? Are we more likely to need to be induced? My m/w said that my consultant is quite cautious and will not want to leave me too long past term (maybe a week at absolute most). Anyway, what will be, will be and it wont be too long before she's here. I'm getting a bit agitated and impatient now but think it's more to do with the lack of sleep!!

Take care ladies. xxx

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 11:45am

Ooh, lots of ladies getting close on here and we all seem to be thinking about the birth, we are all getting a little bit anxious now but I say just go with the flow. I know we all have our perfect birth experience in our heads and we can certainly strive for that as much as possible but I think that until you are there, in the moment, you can't really say what you will want or need. Try to go into it with an open mind. If you need pain relief then there are no prizes for going without and nobody will think any worse of you for opting for that option, alternatively, a natural birth is the most amazing experince. I say whatever it takes to bring your little one into the world safe and sound is what we all want at the end of the day.

No more braxton hicks here, thank goodness, but at least it spurred me on to get my butt into gear and pack a bag. I now have most things but there are a few bits and bobs that I need to get. It still makes me smile that last time I packed 2 bags, one for me and one for baby and we forgot the babies bag so had to use clothes supplied by the hospital, bad mother :snigger: All the planning in the world does not make up for baby brain :happy: I don't think that I'll do that again. The nursery is now painted and we are getting a new carpet tomorrow, I can then send DH up into the loft to see what we can use from last time and what we need to buy. I saw a fab cot bed in our local Mamas and papas outley on sale from £250 down to £105 but you need to take them there and then and by the time I managed to get it sorted, it was sold X( Oh well, I will keep on trying as we do have the moses basket from last time so the cot isn't too urgent just yet.

We go on holiday on friday for a week then I only have 2 weeks to work after that before I finish :clap

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 8:41pm

Hi all. Phew busy day over. House needing major clean!! Parents coming up this weekend!!

Daisy the bh are not sore just odd and a bit uncomfy. I think it was caffeine I had at lunch. Experimented today and it made them worse again. That's no more caffeine for me!!

Rallygirl. Yup yeah to finishing work next week. I know doctors are not supposed to moan about their patients but my god do some of them wine about nothing!!! Haven't been very sympathetic today!! Oops!!

And ali bird you are right I am getting a bit anxious too!! Think my view of labour is slightly skewed by all the disasters I saw when doing obs and paeds. Trying not the think about it!!!
Am looking forward to wearing normal clothes and a nice mojito!!!

Can I win your boob off daisy!! Managed a whopping 32 G!!! Urgh. All veiny and massive!! Hope they go back to normal!!

Anyway the nice sainsburys man has just delivered my food and some ice cream!! And watching Sherlock. Have a secret crush on Benedict cumberbatch!! Blaming the progesterone!!

Have a good nights sleep all of you. Getting harder each week huh.

Liz x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Elizmac" (Jul 20th 2011, 8:42pm)

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 9:42pm

Liz - I could join in the boob off too! Mine are HUGE just now and I hear they are supposed to get even bigger when the milk comes in after the birth!!

Alibird - Yeh to holidays - where are you off to? Bet you can''t wait to finish up at work!!

Rallygirl - pleased you had a great weekend and the mummy pamper was superb! Dh's company took us away for the weekend quite a while back and I had a real treat with that too - just wonderful!! I've not heard any more risk of being induced with IVF, but then i'm not in the UK, so am sometimes out of these loops. I wouldn't have thought it would make any difference though. Sounds like you have a lovely weekend ahead!

Daisy - so nice that you are getting a lovely new bathroom in! Don't be scared by the braxton hicks - they are not painful to begin with and I just think the more of them the better things might be in labour! Maybe that is wishful thinking, but i'm sticking to it!

Cathcat - pleased all is well with you and that baby has turned!

Taxi - hope you had a lovely wedding anniversary lovely girl. Ours is in August, which is a really busy month for DH and I. His birthday is the 7th, wedding anniversary is the 18th, baby due 24th and my birthday (which I share with my Dad) is on 31st.

Anna - I've been feeling so, so tired too and everyone keeps telling me I should be getting more energy towards the end!! I think my problem is the lack of sleep and i'd love to tell you that it gets better, but it hasn't for me!! Every 2nd or 3rd night I do sleep better because I am ultra tired and i've just been trying to nap during the day when I can.

AFM - Not been on that much lately and not had that much news really! DH and I have been busy with lots of stuff in and around the house needing done. Garden nice and tidy, front door been given a nice lick of paint, car maintained and washed etc. Getting planning permission for a garage is not the easiest in a foreign country, but we are getting there too! Would give us so much more space as the whole upstairs of the garage will be used for storage - we are very quickly outgrowing our house!! Been busy getting my friend's hen day all organised too, but that has come together and I think the day will be lovely. Went to look for something to wear today and just going to end up going comfortable with lovely sparkly jewellery and sandles!

Not been feeling great, but think I was just coming down with something that didn't come to much! Had a bit of a funny throat and felt fluy, but seem to be feeling better now. Went to Dr on Monday for blood pressure check and all is well - my blood pressure has never been better.

Baby is kicking away good time - feeling lots of movement, which is great. I have been getting loads of braxton hicks recently too. They are slightly more painful, not sore, just like slight AF pains in the abdominal area. Sometimes feel a little breathless with them too! I really don't think this baby is going to wait until 24th August, but you never do know! xxx

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 6:06am

Morning ladies,
well I can't sleep at all, too much going around in my head. I think I can officially say I am stressed!! :scream:
I had a wonderful time at my sisters and spent a lot of time looking for nursery furniture. I think I might go for the silvercross furniture which unfortunately is very expensive but look like really good quality. My other options are coastline from mamas and papas or I could go to an mamas and papas outlet store and see if they have anything for cheaper???? I also know exactly what curtains and bed covers I want, bright rainbow colors, so I'm hoing what I have found on the internet isn't cheap looking. Going out this morning to take a look.
My main problem is the house. We still haven't got probabte through even though they keep promising that it will come through this week (but they promise me that every week) and my nesting instinct has kick in but I can't do anything!!!! I'm going in this morning to ask if there is any chance that I can go in next week and make a start on the cleaning and decorationg because otherwise I am going to be having this baby and not be prepared at all!! AHHHHHHHH. X(
As for the baby, moving around lots which is great and I still love, although it sometimes gets uncomfortable I wouldn't change it!!! Baby does get a fair few hiccups which I'm hoping is ok, anyone else have this? Saw a different midwife yesterday who measured me as being just under the lower line again, but at least I am growing. Got my growth scan tomorrow so hopefully that will all be ok.
I'm now going to try and catch up with everyones news.
Amazing grace, my braxton hicks are getting more uncomfortable and I'm finding I have to lean forward with them now!! Have you started raspberry tea? I checked with my mw first as it says on the packet not to take if you get lots of braxton hicks but she said it was fine. I only manage 1 a day at the moment!! Good luck with your planning permission. I'm assuming that you were ot expecting the job to be complete by the time your LO comes?
Liz, I went to see sherlock at the cinema, thought it was really good, did you like it?
Ali bird, your advice on birth sounds amazing. I know that I want a natural birth but I am not naieve. I think from listening to other peoples birthing experience how much pain relief you need really depends on how long your labour takes. i.e the longer the more!!! Fingerscrossed we all have short labours!! Where are you going on holiday? With less than 4 weeks left I'm staying put now!!!
Rallygirl, sounds like you have lots of fun things to do. My friend helped me with my birthing plan, we were very similar in what we wanted, it lists all the different aspects in each stage i.e who you want present, what pain relief you want, what monitoring etc Not sure if she gt the layout from the internet but was very clear and easy to read (for the MW's too!!!). I just need to run it past DH now so he knows what to do hahaha :laugh:
Daisy, I have been so good and not bought too many things for baby as my sister has given me loads but now I'm on mat leave and going shopping loads I have bought more and more. They are just so cute!!! Enjoy accessorizing the bathroom. Dunelm had some lovely bathroom bits when I went in yesterday (not sure if there is an outlet near you)
Anna, hi, nice to see the girls from 2nd tri over here. Definately a milestone and once I got here I felt a little safer in thinking about this baby!!! You sound very organised with the pink nursery (i'm assuming you found out its a girl lmao )
Taxihome, enjoy your wedding anniversary.
I can't see any further back, but I see that this is your last week at work Rocky, woohoo then its time for you to properly relax!!! Hi to everyone else and I hope that you are all doing ok.
I'll try and keep up to date with this now but I' finding that I dont really stop these days!!! xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 12:36pm

hi all

adreams how u feeling today? u slepping any better?? hope so! i cant sleep but thats cos im either weeing or too uncomfortable

amazing graze hope the hen day went well and your feeling better, im getting tons of contractions now and all more painful and closer together then hey stop!!! grrr just when i think it might be the day! lol

elizmac hi there hun and welcome from me! hope u enjoyed the ice cream! and yer sleep is getting hard and harder every night now!

alibird how long u have left now hun?? i ahve 2 bags this time just couldnt fit it all in one this time round im a lot more organised lol but just hope hubby remembers the bags!! ive told him thats his job! hummm may not have been the best plan

rallygirl bet your excited about your scan?! not long now!! my consultant talk to me about being induced and i think its because i had back operation only a year ago and not the ivf but maybe it is to do with the ivf!! got an appointment about it next wed 38 weeks so i will ask them then!?

Hi to everyone else hope your all well xxx

AFM well im 37 weeks 2 days today (my son was born at 37, 3 days) so im getting a bit excited now! contractions are getting stronger and closer together and then they just stop!! grrrr i get all excited then nothing comes of it. my son is also soooo excited everyday he says is she coming today!? i had a bit of water loss yeasterday driving back from doing the school pick up! nothing came of it and all is ok! just think baby is soooo low and pressing on everything down there!! today im have such a horrid feeling pressure down below everytime i walk or sit down on my bits!!! it feels like she is going to fall out!! (know that wont happen!!) but it really is a horrid feeling and i never had that with my son!!! very strange.
hope everyone else is well and getting so close now for us all xxxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 4:39pm

Mum82, sounds like your body is giving you lots of signs that its nearly time, and your were very early last time so fingers crossed. It so exciting seeing everyone have there babies!!

I have been very productive today , :D my sister bought me the baby monitor (went for the BT 150 as it had the best reviews but quite difficult to get your hands on!!), then went to ikea and bought material to make nursery curtains and bedding, also got some multicoloured photoframes for all the nieces and nephews to do there handprints on for the walls. While i was out I looked one of the cots that I was interested in to find out the dimensions and it had 20% off the range. I was getting mine off an independent supplier who gave me an extra 10% off, so got the mattress and spare mattress cover as well, still cheaper than the previous quotes. I think we virtually have everything now!! I have most the things that are required for my bags out on the bed so hope to pack that now (although I've ordered my disposible pants, and tens machine pads this morning so they dont arrive till tuesday) and I completed my birthing plan this morning too!!! Only problem is still no news on the house :cross:

xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers that the probabte comes through tomorrow, or I think I might cry!!!! :bawl:
Adreamz :xxx3:

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 6:41pm

Hi ladies :wave:

Anna - Nursery colours sound lovely. [zx017] I sent you some info on electric breast pumps via your diary

Hoping - scary stuff that whole Stepping Hill saga :scared: . You are right that extra security will make it better so don't worry.

Daisy - just going to the cinema or maybe a meal for our anniversary. Everytime I spend any money I feel guilty and like we are depriving the baby of something. NO!
Bet you can't wait to get that bathroom all done. Mine is desperate too and I so wanted it done before Mimi arrives. I can paint but looks like I will be learning tiling too. :thumbdown:

Rallygirl - enjoy your scan honey. :weehee:

AliBird - have a fab holiday :cheers2:

Elizmac - I too have a fancy for Benedict Cumberbatch. :what: God knows why. He is skinny scrawny too young and all topsy turvy looking. What's wrong with us preggo ladies eh? :hello:

Amazing Grace - Nesting away nicely I see. [zx052] Hope those pains ease off for you and that your not coming down with anything nasty. :cold:

Adreamz - I too can't sleep well. :yawning: Weirdo dreams are back.. :rant: I had a convo last night with Jordan while her horse ate my handbag. What's going on there? :scream:
Good luck with your scan hon

Mum 82 - Awww your boy wants his sister NOW lol. Any day for you I see. :rainbow: :thumbsup2:

AFM - Just downloaded and completed my birth plan. Hospital bags almost packed. Been spending again on baby stuff so skint till payday now. :angel2:
I have terrible nasty and very wrong wind and DH is considering moving back in with parents. :getout: I have explained time and time again that it is not me NO! it is HER. :riv2: I get the blame for everything. She eats all the icecream and she drinks all the juice. :riv2: :riv: :riv3: :biggrin:
Anyhoo love to you all and have a great weekend high5

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 8:36pm

Hi ladies

It has been almost a week since I last posted but have been reading up on how everyone is doing!! Firstly I must say thanks for your comments on the question I asked about birthing partners, it was really good to hear that i'm not the only one who just wants my OH there and no-one else. I was beginning to think I was being selfish, and I guess in a way I am but what is wrong with that! I might only get to do this once so will do it how I want to! Still haven't plucked up the courage to break it to my poor mum yet but i'm sure she will not hold it against me!

Daisy - is your bathroom all finished now? Hope its looking fab and you have had fun accessorising :happy: I'm very jealous that you get to start your 'freedom' from work this week. Being a teacher is no easy job but you must sure love those holidays. Beats my measly 25 days per year :thumbdown: ! What do you plan to do first with your new found freedom?

Rallygirl - you must be super excited about your scan on Saturday happydance I hope you get to catch a good gawp at all of your little girl this time round! I also have the 'fear' about the birth but what will be will be, and like you say as long as bubba's are safe and sound at the end of it what more can we hope for!! Actually saying that, i've been praying for a long thin baby with a peanut sized head since day one and it doesn't look like my prayers are being answered :snigger:

Alibird - hope you have a fabulous holiday wherever you are off too and if there is guaranteed sunshine make sure you soak some up for me :cheeers: Doesn't look like we're getting any here anytime soon!!

Elizmac - hope you haven't overdone it on the cleaning front, i'm sure your parents won't mind and if you moan enough maybe they will even help LOL!! May try that tactic sometime soon :snigger:

AG - you are literally a woman on a neverending mission!! You never stop! It seems that whatever you were feeling has been pushed aside as you are too busy to be ill :snigger: Glad to hear that you are feeling better though and baby AG is happily kicking away in there!

adreamz - it seems most decent nursery furniture is expensive doesn't it? Everything I seem to like is extortionate and i'm not sure whether I can justify it when it doesn't do anything apart from sit there and store stuff!! Love your ideas about the frames with hand prints etc, thats a nice touch! You sound like you have everything in hand though :happy: Is your OH much help in this department? Hope your scan goes well tomorrow, another chance to glimpse your bubba before you see him/her in the flesh!

Mum82 - its all getting very exciting as you are not far away from b-day now! Thats so sweet that your son is eager to meet his little sister lurve For kids 9 months must seem like a lifetime!! I've heard lots of women complain about the pressure down below feeling like the baby is just going to escape any minute, must be very strange! I get the pelvic kicks/wriggles and it really makes me feel weird so can't imagine what it feels like by the time you get to 37 weeks! Hope you are generally feeling well in yourself?

Taxi - you smelly preggy lady you :snigger: The wind has not struck me yet but I am waiting for the day when it does! I have already warned the folk in my office just in case! My OH is the biggest prude ever, he wouldn't dare pop in front of me....strange man!! Told him I won't care so he better prepare himself LOL! Sounds like you have been busy prepping for your little lady too, good on you! Hope you have a lovely anniversary, what a nice one to remember eh :happy:

AFM, just plodding on. Also tossing and turning and weirdly getting dead shoulders from sleeping on one side too long and still snoring like a wild animal! Have also had BH's on and off but last night was the first time they have actually woken me up, and several times too! Not painful, i'm just aware that they are happening! I wonder if this is a sign that baby will come sooner rather than later?? Only 5 more working weeks left and I can't wait :weehee: I will miss everyone at my office though, I do have a good laugh with them and will miss the banter that I will now only share with my baby! He/she better be prepared to talk early :snigger: My little ninja is still practising its stealth skills very well and i'm continually getting good pokes and kicks and now what feels like swipes from one side to the next, strange but again always reassuring! I'm guessing babies can still turn around at this point? From Sunday to Wednesday I was convinced it was feet down because of the constant kicking I had in my bladder/moomoo......it feels so odd but now I think it has turned round again as it is not so uncomfortable anymore!

Well have been writing for ages and still missed out alot of people I know so hope you and your bubba's are all well!

Speak soon xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Stace" (Jul 21st 2011, 8:38pm)

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 9:43pm

Hi everyone,

Quick question which prob sounds barmy, but where are you going to put your dirty nappies?! I was thinking of getting one of those nappy bins, but the refills etc are so expensive. Don't want to be going out to the outside bin every few mins either. Any ideas??
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 9:38am

Morning Ladies

Cathcat, i'd quite like to try the re-usable nappies so not really looked into nappy bins but from experience of working in a nursery, those bins hold loads of nappies so i guess you wont need to buy the refills very often. Hope you find something to suit!!!

Hi Stace, glad you've decided on a birthing partner, as you say, i'm sure your mum will be fine with your decision. My little lady never seems to stop moving too. One minute she's trampolining on my bladder the next, i've got terrible heartburn, so i cant tell what way up she is!! I keep waking in the night with really sore ribs, it's a nightmare and so painful, i'm now sleeping practically sitting up with lots of pillows under me.

Taxi, so funny you should mention the wind yesterday, think my DH was considering the spare room last night, it's awful isn't it? :O During the day i gradually bloat more and more and by the evenings i'm like a huge balloon with a teeny tiny hole and the air can only come out really slowly and no matter what i've eaten it smells like rotten eggs!!! WTF!!! :snigger:

Mum82, sounds like it's going to be any day now!! Yipee!!

Adreamz, i really hope you hear about the house soon hun, it's stress you dont need right now. We're lucky in a way cos DH just fills out some paperwork and our house is allocated to us but obviously, on the down side, it's not ours and we're so limited to what we can do to the place. We just cover the walls in pictures. I've bought some (easy to remove) stickers for Evie's room in the Classic Pooh design but cant do much else. Well done on the bargains you got, it's always worth shopping around a bit eh?

AG, sounds like you've got a strong immune system and have managed to fight off whatever was about to strike! Hope you have a lovely hen day for your friend, is it this weekend? We've got our posh ball on Saturday and although i've managed to get a full length dress, i'm going with flip flops on my feet, it's not really allowed but they make allowances for PG ladies!!

Elizmac, how was the ice cream? I watched the Sherlock series when it was first out, it was brill but i prefer Martin Freeman if i'm honest, he's quite cute!!

Have a fab holiday AliBird!!

Hi to everyone else, hope you all have great weekends!!!

AFM-scan tomorrow, am so excited. Then getting all my bits and bobs ready for the ball tomorrow evening. Managed to get a non-maternity dress so hopefully can wear it in the future. Had a lovely pedicure yesterday and my toes painted in sparkly red, they look ace. My dress is green and accessories silver so toes will stand out. I really hope i can at least make it to midnight but not sure.
Anyway, off to make a lemon drizzle cake, yum!!!

Take care xxx

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 10:21am

morning all

rallygirl lets hope anyday now for me!! ur dress sounds lovely and im soooo jeleous of your pedicure, i cant afford one and am going to try reach my toes later to paint them!! hummm should be fun!

cathcat i just put wee ones in nappy bags then in bin inside and poo ones in 2 or 3 nappy bags in bin in or out depending on how smelly they are!! i remember just putting them out my front door behind a plant pot when i was busy then hubby would come back to nappys outside to put in the bin!! hehe i always forgot they were there lol

stace yes 9months is a lifetime for a 5years old! he know now it wont be long so every morning he runs in our room shouting is my sister here yet!! bless him. im feeling really good in myself actually apart from being tierd but hey better get used to that when she arrives it wont change!! know what you mean about the dead shoulder thing!! & for some reason i seem to be dribbling in my sleep wake up with a wet patch on my pillow which my son and hubby find very funny!!

taxihome wow hun thanks for your post i have also last night done my birth plan and sooo glad i have as didnt have one last time and would have really helped if i did hubby didnt remember anything!! i have put in there IF i need caserian i want him there and i want skin to skin contact with baby asap after even if i am knocked out (which i would have yo be as i cant have epidural) hubby was like errr you want me in the operating theatre??? i might faint!! lol so funny he is such a big (bodybuilder) bloke but he is such a whimp!! hehe about the wind hope its got better & my LO seems to be eating everything too ops xx

adreamz how is all the house stuff going?? ok i hope for your sake! i still have to check the monitor we have (11yrs old now) still works but my LO will be in moses basket next to bed for quite a while so wont worry just yet.

AFM im off to indoor and outdoor play centre with my son sister and 2 nephews today!! she is scared i will have the baby when she is here hahaha might pretend later just to make her panic!! is that a bit mean of me??? hehe i am still on my rasberry leaf tea, started my clary sage oil now and eating lots of pineapple!! may start going for long walks soon and may have to go get some spicy food!! had a little BD may have to try get some more hehe i want to see my daugher now. i keep getting stuck on my sofa!! feel like a turtle stuck on their shell sometimes! everyone else seems to have a good laugh when i get stuck tho xxxx

suns out today enjoy everyone xxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 3:14pm

Hi
Mum that must be strange just waiting. I am so impatient, if I don't need a section I am going to be a nightmare!!!
rallygirl good luck for scan today.
Adreamz hope house sorts itself, one of my friends moved house the day before she went into labour!!!

I just making cakes prior to the folks arriving. Havnt seen them since 20 weeks so I am going to look massive to them!!!
Anyway off to ice!!
Liz

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 4:51pm

Hi everyone,

Well I finally made it and have done my last day at work - actually I will have to go in at some point next week just to finish some things off and sort things out but there will be no kids in so it shouldn't be at all stressfull!!

Elizmac - hope you enjoy the time with your family. Must be great being a doctor - you must know loads of inside stuff about child birth and pain relief and I'm sure you'll be really well looked after when it's your time. At least you'll know all the technical terms that are being used - it's always like a foreign language to me.

Mum82 - so close for you now. Are you just wanting it to happen now? I know I am but I've got over 3 weeks yet. You're really going to have your work cut out with a toddler as well. Still, at least you've been through it before and know what to expect. Keep us posted on your progress!

Rallygirl - I'm with you on wanting to try the reusable nappies but have no idea which ones to get. I mentioned it to some work colleagues and they shook their heads and said I'll have enough to do without worrying about washing nappies so I'm not sure what to do now. How did your scan go? Sounds like your in for a good night tonight at the ball and I'm sure you'll look fantastic.

Stace - funny you should mention stiff shoulders as I've been getting that for the past few nights. I'm suffering with upper back pain and have been for months and the only thing that relieves it is lying on my back. I know that we're not really supposed to lie on our backs (and I can't breath very well when I do) so am turning from side to side. But my shoulders have been so stiff and painful recently. I'm also dribbling (can't remember who mentioned that but you're not alone!!). Not sure how far along you are but I think babies can turn right up to the last minute so I wouldn't worry.

Taxi - your post about the wind made me laugh. The things we have to put up with eh? But all worth it. You know what they say....better out than in!!

Adreamz - I really hope your house move gets sorted soon hun. I'm really stressed about all sorts so I can't imagine how it must be for you. Sounds like you have all your stuff organised though so I'm sure it will all work out.

Daisy - have you finished today as well?

Hi to AG, hope you're doing OK...and anyone else I've missed.

Had MW appointment this morning - they have done their best to reassure me about Stepping Hill hospital - actually anyone would be mental to try anything at the same hospital so soon - so think I'm best sticking with them. All is OK with LO. Student MW said LO is head down - not sure how she could tell - I think it's sideways on but she must know more than me. Have carpel tunnel in my hands and wrists so a bit uncomfortable but coping with it. Anyone heard from Hoping? - I think things must have started for her. Have you all done birth plans? I didn't realise that this was something you had to do yourself - I thouoght the MW did it with you.

Really looking forward to relaxing now and finally getting on top of my house - it's a right tip at the moment as I've just been so busy and tired with work. Hope everyone is OK. Enjoy the weekend xx

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 5:09pm

Ha rocky it isn't great!!! I only ever see birth disasters, know too much of the things go wrong and hate being a patient!!! Ignorance is bliss!!! All my pregnant medic friends think instead of antenatal classes we should have post traumatic stress classes!!
Apart from knowing when babies are Ill I am as clueless as any other first time mum!!
I think teachers are better equipped. You develop that "don't you dare" look that works a treat!!!

Think I just scoffed too much icing with my cake. My little man is doing crazy somersaults!

Well better get back to the cleaning. I wish I was tidy!!!
Enjoy your weekends girls!!

6 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

6 guests