You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 6:12pm

Hi everyone,

Been away last week so can't catch up with all the posts! Had a lovely time but found it difficult even not doing much as I seem to need to sit down all the time and I'm very much out of breath and very tired. I guess this must be normal and will probably only get worse from now on. I'm also feeling really heavy now when I move around and feeling nauseous again from time to time. Feeling quite stressed as well as I've got loads to do at work before I finish in just over 6 weeks - don't know if I can manage for that long.

Mum82 - hope you manage to get your pain sorted and that its nothing serious. Like you say...if your feeling LO I'm sure its nothing but just uncomfortable x
BooBoo - lovely that there's someone else in your family having a baby as well - you'll be able to share lots of tips and advice x
Harry - can't remember when you're due but how wonderful beingon maternity leave. Put your feet up a bit as you won't get change once LO arrives.
AG - nice to see you over here - not long until your leave now - you lucky thing - I'm counting down the weeks!
Hoping - I've not had the bum ache yet - just everything else ache

Hi to everyone else - can't see further back - hope you're all well xx

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 9:08pm

Hi everyone, I've been so busy I too have not been on for the last week. I hope that you are all well. I shall try and read everyones posts tomorrow when I have a little more time.
Getting really big now, can't believe how much I have grown. Dh laughed at how big my belly had got (in a nice way) because I have such a flat tummy normally. LO moves around loads and I love it (even if it does turn my stomach sometimes he he).
Been pushing myself too much though, went to a wedding reception sat night and danced too much that I actually thought I had planter faciitus yesterday (could not put any pressure on my left foot) then worked a night shift sunday night slept in the hospital on-call room for a few hours monday morning before I had to get up and do a presentation. Then I've worked 2 long days together. Thankfully I'm off tomorrow!!!
Is my dreaded 30th on friday. Got my first NCT meeting then too which should be good fun.
Anyhow, I shall be back on tomorrow and hopefully reply to some of your threads. Have a fun evening xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 11:15am

Hi all,

My due date is tomorrow!!! Cant believe that its come round so quickly!!! Come on little man...... as long as labour starts after 12noon DH will be very happy as his in an exam from 10-12!!
I'm off to a midwife appointment tomorrow morning and i'm going to mention a sweep as i've read that for first time mum's, you can request one at 40 weeks. Dont like the thought of it but anything that helps him come sooner rather than later is worth a go!!

Adreamz - Does sound like you did a bit much, I dont know how you managed it, bless ya. Take it easy on your day off today xxx

Rocky - Sounds like you have allot on hunni x Hope you manage to get stuff sorted out so you can start relaxing xx

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 3:38pm

Hi Ladies

Just wondered if any of you ladies were been tested for Group B strep (GBS)??

Someone mentioned it on here before but i don't think there were many reply's to it. i asked my MW about it on tuesday and she kinda brushed over it and the NHS don't do the test. So i've done a bit of reasearch and i thought for the sake of £30 (what it costs for a private test) i may as well have one done.

Anyone else thinking of doing this or am i been OTT for a change.....??!!

xxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 5:13pm

Shelley, wow! d-day tomorrow! My best friend had her baby at 5.05 this morning, after she woke having contractions at....... 4am! She only just made it in to the hospital and the midwife was still washing her hands when baby Callum shot out! The joys of a second baby, but very, nearly born in the car park! Good luck with the midwife tomorrow morning ( or hopefully you won't need it, curry and fresh pineapple for dinner, gaviscon for afters and then a wee spot of [zx084] !!!) I hope they do a sweep for you.

Booboo I know my friend had group b strep but she was tested on the NHS I'm sure, but we are in Scotland so maybe its diferent? I know both of her kids got antibiotics after they were born.

Nice to hear from you adreamz, I can't believe you're dreading your 30th! Just wait til its your 40th! or worse 41st :faint: ..... ( August!!!! eeek!) I don't envy you having to do overnight, I'm so glad I don't do nightshifts anymore although thats going to change when Tiddler arrives! Try and take it a little easy!

AFM, have persuaded DH into [zx084] (not much persuasion required, surprising, as I know he doesn't really like the pregnant look) a couple of times now, so hoping I won't go by my due date, its a week on Sun so it still feels ages away, but I'm determined! so I'm off for another nice cup of raspberry leaf tea!

Hi to everyone else xxx

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 6:42pm

Shelly, my friend who had many sweeps said it's not too bad and if it brings the little cherub out a bit quicker then that's great!! Let's hope your not like suki's friend and have your 1st contraction at 10 and baby by 11 or dh will be very sad :-( is that his last exam?
Booboo haven't heard of strep b test but will look into it and ask at nct tomorrow for you.
Suki, well done on the bd front, don't think I will convince dh to do it he just ain't interested!!! :bawl: Mind you last time we did it was very awkward so I imagine it gets harder the bigger one gets :snigger:
Babysat for my friends 8month old today for 2 hours. Went for a walk and bet people thought "has she not heard of contraception poor lass" he he. If only I could catch that easy!
5hours of my 20's left, I can't wollow in a bottle so I'll have some chocolate instead & wake baby up :thumbsup:
I hope everyone else is ok. Xxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 8:42pm

Hi all,

Cant believe my ticker says 1 day!!! Not had any twinges so not sure anything will happen overnight and DH is really worried about timings :snigger: He has 1 exam tomz and 1 next friday. MIL is coming with me tomz to the MW as its really uncomfortable to drive then we're going to go for a coffee and wait for DH to get home.

Suki - Just asked DH for some [zx084] but his refused!!! How dare he!!! :snigger:

Think i've done a bit much today, I've iced 2 cakes which has meant me being on my poor feet for a long time, had to have a little sleep and they have gone down a little but they are still painful so have them up now and am resting on the sofa. While doing the cakes, I was snacking on the cut off's of the cakes and LO was going mad!!! I cant believe his got any room in there to wriggle so much, its lovely but so painul sometimes, bless him!

Adreamz - If things seem to be kicking off very quickly then i can call DH's exam people and get him to come out but i'm hoping i'll be able to hold on and DH wont have to stop his exam as he'll have to get it re-arranged and that will be a right pain for him and his overall qualifing. fingers crossed it will all happen after about 1pm!!!

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 9:09pm

hi all

so the pains were another UTI and im now on anti biotics again but avoided going to hospital sat in doctors for 2hours instead while the doc had a discussion about if i could stay at home or not!!!! errrrr its my body & my baby i convinced them in the end that i would know if it was real contractions or braxton hicks!! (cause the UTI was bringing on lots of contractions again) BUT thank god after starting tablets i feel much better 7 will be off to be bridesmaid tomorrow at my freinds wedding!! im taking my car and maternity notes with me tho just incase!

shelley wow cant belive its that near for you now!!! wooooo i want cake now lol
adreamz chocolate sounds good to me!! i got another year b4 my 30 and im thinking of having a big party in the summer next yr and calling it im still 29 party!! them on my 30th hide away with chocolate lol
suki ohhhh BD when i feel better i will be back on that lol hubby is very good and loves the preg look!! hehehe and im going to get my rasberry leaf tea now yum yum, how many are you on a day now?? lol

thanks everyone for your concern!! xxxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Friday, June 10th 2011, 9:16am

Morning all

so glad its friday happydance i have plans to pack my hospital bag this weekend :thumbsup:

Adreamz - Happy 30th Birthday hun :birthdaycake: :balloons: Hope u have a lovely day xx

Suki - wow your friends birth was very fast!! wouldn;t it be great if we were all like that and it didn;t go on for hours. not long left for you now hun, hope the BD'ing and rasberry tea leaf helps xx

Shelley - Happy D-Day hun :thumbsup: Hopefully your wee man won;t be long now. Hope your mw apt goes well hun and xfingers that sweep does the trick. did u say it was your b.day too this weekend? xx

mum - oh poor you having a UTI. at least you can get it cleared up now. wow can't believe your been a b.maid today....have a lovely day and hope it isn;t too tiring for you. i'm sure u'll get lots of special treatment though off everyone for been so preggas :happy: xx

AFM - its my last friday at work today!! then its count down next week as its my last day thursday. can't believe i'm nearly on mat leave and buba's EDD is so close! 5 more weeks :thumbsup: I'm trying to tie some ends at work work regarding my mat leave. apparently i'll accrue all my holiday entitlement but i'm unsure whether that also means the 8 days bank holidays i won't be here for....if it does that can extend my mat leave for a further couple of weeks! Does everyone else accrue bank holiday or does it depend on where you work?

anyway so glad its the weekend. i'm going to try and do some sorting out and get my hosp bag ready and iron some of buba's clothes.

Have a great weekend everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday, June 10th 2011, 4:14pm

I am SOO glad it's weekend!! It's been a really long week!

Adreamz - Happy Birthday!! :party: Hope youhave a lovely weekend. Being in your 30's is not bad at all and is still really young. Make sure you get spoilt rotten and eat lots of cake xx

BooBoo hope you enjoyed your last Friday - can't believe you're finishing next week. I need to start buying stuff for my hospital bag or I'll have nothing to pack when the time comes. Seems like we need to take loads with us...I'll need a bloody suitcase!!

Mum- sorry to hear about your UTI. You must be uncomfortable. At least you've got the antibiotics to ease it now. Hope you're feeling better soon xx

Suki - what's this raspberry leaf tea all about and when do you start taking it? I've heard a few people talk about it but don't really know what its for? You've not long to go now and I'm sure the next week will fly by for you xx

AFM - suddenly feling quite big now. still really tired and getting breathless. LO is moving a lot - not really kicks but more movements. Sometimes it freaks me out because I feel something so big moving around. Feel like I've got loads to do before LO arrives. I think I'm being over adventurous with what can be done in the time left. Got 9 and half weeks and wanted to do things like decorating the living room, new carpets etc but I'm so knackered with working that no jobs are getting done and even phoning tradesmen for quotes is too much effort. Think I need tocalm down and realise that everything cannot be perfect. Anyone else felt like this? x

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Saturday, June 11th 2011, 8:01am

Happy weekend everyone and happy 30th for yesterday Adreamz! Don't panic - the thirties are great!

Just a quickie - is anyone getting Father's Day pressies/cards for their DH's? DH was quite careful about mothers day - said he didn't want to pre-empt anything before everything had gone smoothly etc. so he gave me a non-specific Mothers Day card and wrote lovely things in it. Will probably do the same but maybe a nice little gift too. Hmm, just not sure what.

Anyway, a busy weekend so will get on! Hope everyone's having a nice lie in!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

United Kingdom

Saturday, June 11th 2011, 11:59am

Hi all,

Still no baby boy! His a stuburn little thing!!!

I felt really down yesterday as nothing happened, oh well.

My birthday today so have been tidying the house in prep for people coming round later. Feel knackered all ready!! This is just a quicky as I need to finish my cake! Got lots of lovely cards and presents this morning and a special treat from DH ;) ( :snigger: ) Hasnt done anything just yet though!!

MW didnt give me a sweep yesterday X( Said i can have one on Wednesday if nothing has happened. Fingers crossed he wants to come out very soon

Hope everyones ok xxxxx

Saturday, June 11th 2011, 12:30pm

Thank you for your birthday wishes. Had a great day yesterday and looking forward to my party tonight :-)
Shelly, happy birthday, Gemini buddy, enjoy your celebration.
Mum sorry about your uti but at least you stayed home and not have to stay in hospital. I hope it clears up soon for you.
Booboo, woohoo no more Fridays at work and this week will fly by!! The closer we get the more real it seems!! Enjoy packing the bag and add a bag if haribo. Apparently it helps to give you energy and easy to such on!!
Rocky, completely understand, I can't do anything until we move which is stressing me out!! Trying to tell myself that even if things are not completed when lo comes it doesn't matter as we wil have the basics!!! Can dh help with phoning tradesmen?
Harry, I'm going to get dh something (not sure what men are do hard to buy for). I just feel whatever happens we are still a mummy and daddy to this baby in my tummy and he has been great to me while pregnant! If you have any good ideas for gifts let me know.
Afm went to my 1st nct class yesterday and it was really good. The one thing that shocked me was that stress can delay labour when I thought it would induce it. These are the top tips to help baby make a safe decent: keep yourself in upright or tilted forward position when having braxton hics; do not get stressed or try and reduce stress levels as much as possible, have a good upright sitting position, do not slouch, sit on yoga ball to assist. Curries sex and pineapple ate natural inducers. Raspberry tea softens the perineum or pelvic floor muscles which helps prevent trauma. Rubbing oil onto perineum from 35 weeks daily reduces tears and 10x daily do pelvic floor muscle exercises (that's just reminded me to do them :snigger: ). So not much then :snigger:
Have a good weekend. Xxx

Saturday, June 11th 2011, 1:48pm

Everything is a bit mental with me and i'm trying to take it easy! Only 3 and half days of work to go - I CANNOT wait!! Just tying up some loose ends at work and preparing for handing things over to the teacher who will take over at my grade level. Really ready to finish! Sorry no personals - hope you are all well. Rocky - just to say i've been feeling abit like that too. I want everything clean, clean, clean and every cupboard sorted out just perfectly! Try not to worry too much about the bigger things, everything is already perfect for your little one arriving and anything you do above and beyond that is a benefit.

Also, been trying to get my maternity leave all sorted out, which is a bit of a minefield, but all the forms filled in and got all the evidence I need (forms from work about my salary and a letter from my Dr confirming my due date etc) so all pretty much good to go. DH actually gets 14 weeks off! He gets 12 weeks once my maternity leave is finished next August and 2 weeks when the baby is born, which is just great. He is home so much anyway, he'll probably just take it in his months off, but still great! I will be off until next August at least and then my work informed me that I can take another year unpaid or legally they have to give me part-time if I want it. After that year, then I decide whether to come back if i've been off or whether I want my work contract to change to part-time or go back onto full-time.

Feeling great, but very conscious of the baby movements. I am feeling baby move, but not all the time and I am just finding this whole counting for at least 10 kicks a day thing stressful. I think I would just feel better if it was booting me all the time, so that I knew everything was ok. Been checking the heartbeat on the doppler and everything is fine - it is just me worrying! Google didn't help as people were saying you should be feeling 10 kicks per hour, which I most definitely don't. Mine goes in spurts of quiet times and then active for a while. I think it is perfectly normal and a natural part of pregnancy - I just want the next 10 weeks to hurry up and for our baby to be here!

Been really busy socially as well. Had a 40th birthday party last night, been catching up with friends and had school concerts. This next week is going to be pretty busy as well, but I am just sleeping as much as I can between times! Not done much at all today and still in my pj's! Off work on Monday, so got a nice long weekend and have a baby shower to go to on Monday, so looking forward to that. Anyway, better go and do something with my day! Hope you are all well xxx

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, June 12th 2011, 10:26am

Hello ladies

AG - don't worry about the 10 kicks thing, as in if you're feeling your baby move every couple of hours or so it's fine. It doesn't have to be actual kicks, just movement. Mine was very active yesterday. I feel him more when I am sat or lay down though he is probably moving when we're walking around, we just don't feel it as much. Well I don't anyway xx

Shelley - belated happy birthday wishes. Hope you had a nice evening with the visitors. Bet you were shattered afterwards though weren't you LOL? Just think you're likely to have your baby this week - eeeeek! How exciting xx

Adreamz - belated birthday wishes to you too hun. I am so much happier in my 30's - married my soulmate, pregnant with our first child smile2 . Funny your NCT class said curry would help induce labour, at mine they said it was rubbish and it just makes you go to the loo LOL! They did say sex and pineapple were good though. Hope you enjoyed your party xx

Harry - cheers for the reminder re Fathers Day, I've just bought DH a card off ebay, which says happy fathers day from the bump xx

Rocky - I have been exactly like you, as in wanting to get everything perfect in the house before LO arrives - hence the new kitchen, gutting one of the bedrooms for the nursery and getting the stairs and landing painted. If I could I would freshen up the living room with a lick of paint but I think we have done enough now. We've had workmen in every weekend since March!! Re your baby's movement, I'm the same, as in it's more him wriggling about than kicks and yes it feels like he is completely turning around sometimes, it's very weird LOL xx

Booboo - only 4 working days left for you!! 5 for me!! I bet this week drags for us LOL! Did you pack your hospital bag? I'm going to do mine in the next couple of weeks. I have a little wheelie case - do you think that will be big enough for everything? Re your bank holidays. I have 4 days owed to me this year - August and 3 at Christmas (we have Christmas Eve off at work as well as Christmas Day and Boxing Day). Next year when I return I have added 6 days bank holiday to the end of my maternity leave, which is owed to me - New Years Day, Easter, 2 May bank holidays and the jubilee in June xx

Mum - sorry to hear about your UTI. Hope you managed to enjoy your friends wedding xx

Suki - I've told DH we should BD as my due date gets near but we both really don't feel like it LOL! Hope it does the trick for you and you're not waiting too long xx

Hi to anyone else I have missed.

AFM - not really much to report. Still having work done on the house. This weekend the decorator was in painting the nursery. I am so happy with the colours we chose (cream and pale blue). I can't wait for the carpet to be fitted later this week and then I can start dressing the room. The decorator is back next weekend to do the stairs and landing.

We're off out for a family meal later as some relatives are visiting England. I have famly that live everywhere LOL - Australia, Canaries, Italy!

On countdown to finishing work - only 5 days left. Roll on Friday evening!! On Saturday we're at an active birthworkshop and have been told to bring 2 pillows and a birthing ball. Good job I bought one of those balls a few weeks back. It's to try out different positions apparently. Then we have a wedding Saturday evening, which I would quite happily not go to as I am so tired come 9pm LOL!

Sleep is still awkward, I go to bed at about 8 or 9pm and wake up every hour or two for the loo and to alternate sides and as the night goes on my hips ache more and more until eventually I get up at about 5 or 6am just to stretch. I was wondering if it is SPD but I don't think it's extreme as that as I am OK in the day. My bum ache hasn't been as bad as it was last week. That I think is from sitting at a desk for most of the day so I've made a point of getting up and walking around every half hour or so.

I bought a maternity costume off Ebay yesterday for £15. Probably a bit late I know but I plan to do lots of swimming when I finish work to soothe my aches and pains LOL and to get some gentle exercise.

Anyway, that's all from me.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend. Forecast to be wet and horrible for most of today. Would much rather stay in in my PJ's than go out for a family meal but never mind!

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Monday, June 13th 2011, 9:09am

Morning Ladies

Hope you've all had good weekends.

rocky - i know what u mean hun about feeling like u have lots to do. don't worry about it though, it will all come together. Its like a nesting instinct that we feel like we need to do everything. i have crazy urges to piant things or tidy places i'd never usually think about. I'm also feeling too tired to do it all, espacially after work so i find things i'd normally do through the week get left until the weekend and then i have more than usual to do so get even more tired on a weekend when i should be resting. you have over 2 months left though so don;t stress yourself out over it too much, and you'll have some maternity leave too so you can get organised. as long as you have the essentials then everything will be just fine hun xxx

harry- hope u managed some relaxing in yuor busy weekend. you just reminded me to get a fathers day card for DH!!! :thumbsup: xxx

shelley - glad you had a nice b.day. xfingers you'll get to meet you little man this week!! xxx

adreamz - glad you enjoyed you 30th hun. did u have a party too then? glad you enjoyed your nct class, sounds like u had lots of good tips xxx

A-Grace - try not to work yourself up over the 10 kicks hun. i know its easier said than done cos i was working myself up over it too until i spoke to my mw about it. basically a strong movement is just as good as a kick so should be counted (my buba does more strong movement than kicks - infact she hardly kicks at all). Also its 10 kicks per day (or over 10 hours depending on what you mw has told you she preferes) so NOT 10 kicks per hour. some people like to sit on there side with a cold drink at the same time everyday for an hour and count the kicks....they should be the same-ish at that time everyday. its not necassary to do this though and i only do it if she's having a quiet day so to wake her up and check she's ok. you certainly won;t be feeling 10 kicks per hour so google's talking crap cos your baby needs to sleep. Its sounds just right that your LO has quiet hours and then wakes up and has spurts of energy, thats exactly what my buba does :thumbsup: I also got told not to rely on doppler, even if the HB is fine if they have not done 10 kicks/strong movements in the day you'd still need to contact your MW....... hope thats helped hun. so in a nutshell as long as you have 10 kicks (including strong movements) a day then its fine. also like Hoping said, its easier to feel them when we're relaxing - if your up and baout you might not feel LO as much xxx

Hoping - yeaaaaaah!!!! last week in work for us hun :thumbsup: :happy: :) ;) :D Bet you can't wait to be off, i now i can't. thanks for the info about bank holidays. i rememeber you saying you accumulated your bank hols too - so i've emailed my HR dept to ask if i will also accumulate mine - i'm still waiting for a reply though. i think you just might work for a company that does that as my boss didn't seem to think i'd be owed them. Its worth a try me asking though. I think my boss also wants me to take my holidays in the last month of my mat leave so i'd still only be off for 52 weeks cos he said if we have a big work load i wouldn't be able to extend my mat leave with the holidays ?( I think thats just been awkward though! You seem to be really suffering with your hips, at least next week u wont have to worry about getting up early for work.

AFM - last week at work :thumbsup: breaking up on thursday and i cant wait. i'vebeen talking to dh and i think i'm going to try and have the full 12 months off as i thought about going back after 9 months when the stat mat stops but i'll never get the chance of this time with buba again so i think we'll just see how it goes and hopefully i can have the full year off.

Can't believe i'm 35 weeks..... 2 weeks to full term. i half packed my hosp bag at the weekend. i got the stuff i have together and put them on the spare bed next to the overnight bag and all that dh needs to do is put everything in the bag when i'm having my first contractions. I need to buy a few bits too to go init but i have most of it.

My nephew's (dh's side) partner had her baby this weekend too. she had a boy and he was only 6lb4oz...bless!! it made me really excited and i can't wait for my buba now. hope she doesnt keep me waiting too long..... having said that the nursery is not finished and i'm so undecided on her name that i hope she gives me a few more weeks yet...lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Jun 13th 2011, 9:12am)

suki

Ace

Monday, June 13th 2011, 1:53pm

Hey everyone!
I can't believe that's me actually on my countdown now to my due date on Sunday. I've been helped by a lovely friend today and the house is gleaming from top to bottom ( no mean feat when my husband is pathalogically untidy and I'm pretty untidy too!) with no, I repeat no clutter! So I feel ready for Tiddler to arrive as we are all ready! I guess than means that I'll probably go past my date..... :snigger:
Shelley, hope things happen before your sweep on Wed, I'm booked for one on Monday if I haven't gone by then so I'll be watching you with interest!
Sorry not doing personals, rushing out to pick up badly painted awful spider that my 2 year old picked out and painted herself at a local ceramics place, its now been glazed and fired but I reckon its still going to look like a rainbow nightmare! Still DH will feel obliged to take it to his work for his desk, bet he'll be glad he doesn't share with anyone! :happy:
So hope everyone else is ok. xxx

United Kingdom

Monday, June 13th 2011, 6:54pm

Hi all,
I'm so tired and drained..... come on little man. It cant be THAT nice in there! Ive been for a long walk today and have been bouncing on my gym ball.... nothing!!!

Dont worry Suki - I bet your little one makes an appearance before mine... I keep hearing of people giving birth and longing for my turn to come ;(

Have just taken a little video clip of my little man having a wriggle but dont think i can upload it :huh:

Anyway, off to put my elephant feet up! xx

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 8:35am

Morning ladies,
Shelly, still no signs? :sadface: It will happen soon, remember the tip about staying relaxed why not book a massage?
Suki, you countdown begins. Glad to hear the house is pristine.
Booboo, 3days left :happy: I don't accrew my bank holidays, which I think is a little unfair as I usually work 90% of them!! I need to fund out about kit days (keep in touch) as I was told if I take them when getting smp I loose a days worth but get a days pay, now I'm wondering if I take 1 extra month unpaid leave but work 10 kit days it would bring me back more gently!!
Hoping, how was your meal? Sleeping is tough. Only waking for wee 2/3 times but I wake everytime I need to turn :evil: Is this really preparing us for our arrivals, I'm sure we would be better if we slept!!
Ag, my midwife said 10 movements in 10 hours but they could all be at the same time!! I don't count but I know when I'm concerned (usually when I'm busy) so I sit and concentrate on baby.

After a lovely weekend I was sick and had a nose bleed yesterday when I got up. Still went to work but was so tired. Oh well only 10 working days left (and that includes 7 extras!!!) :happy:
Tummy feels so tight and was uncomfortable yesterday. I'm sure it can't grow anymore.
Going to yoga then nhs antenatal today, I'm interested in how different it will be from nct!!
Sun is shining so another beautiful day, got 2 nights now so may not be around for a couple of days. Enjoy xxx

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 10:47am

Hello ladies,

Gosh Hoping and Booboo cant believe you both finish this week - woohoo (Im very jealous as Ive still got 4weeks and 3 days to go)! Harry I hope you are enjoying your mat leave and managing to relax!

Come on Shelley - I keep popping on here waiting for your news - you must be getting so fed up but I guess more excited as the time is definitely coming closer until you meet your wee one! Suki I was hoping you would have your wee one early with it being your 2nd - cant believe its almost time for you though lovely - aarrgghhh Im getting a little bit over excited and emotional! Oh AG only a few days left at work for you too - yippeee!!!!!

Adreamz thanks for the tips from your nct class - I didnt book to go to any in the end and I missed my NHS one as my conference call at work over ran and then Nick was stuck in traffic in Glasgow trying to get home so he was going to be late too. Luck wasnt on our side at all but the midwife did say we could go to another one if we want but Im not sure if we are going to. I feel quite well equipped with having done the hypnobirthing and they also tell you a lot about after care, I have a breastfeeding workshop booked soon and Im a trained nursery nurse so hoping that will help too?!

Rocky I know what you mean about the movement and not kicking thing - its so alien like but in a good way isnt it!!!

All fine my end, had reflexology yesterday which was blinking lovely I have to say, I have another 3 appointments booked in and seeminlgy its meant to help with preparing the body to relax and also the uterus to get ready for birth. its a midwife that does it so trust her 100%.

Well as always a short post from me but thinking of all you ladies and bumps out there and will pop by again soon.

Lots of love xxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 6:10pm

2 and half days to go at work!! Cannot wait for Friday lunchtime!!! Just finishing up and getting everything organised and then i'm off! Had a busy weekend catching up with friends and had a baby shower, which was lovely. This week is a bit mad with something on everyday/night, but come next week I can lie in as much as I want.

Feeling better about the whole movement thing, but i'm getting so big now that I do think i'm feeling baby more. My tummy is really tight and I think I had some braxton hicks last night. My tummy went rock solid, wasn't sore, but just felt a bit odd.

Booked flights to go home for a week before the baby comes - its only a 55 minute flight direct from here and I have my 32 week check up the day before, so fingers crossed all is well and she gives me the go-ahead to fly as I need a Dr letter. She has already told me that if all is well between now and then she'll give it to me. Will be home a week, so will be nice for family and friends to see me pregnant!

Hope you guys are all well. Thinking of you all lots xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 6:59am

AG - like you I am counting down till Friday! So excited to be finishing work. I definitely feel more movement as my LO gets bigger and yesterday my belly felt so tight it was like my skin could rip any minute lol! I had my strongest braxton hick last night too, it was a very tight feeling on the right side of my belly, a bit like cramp. It was bearable though. I've been told contractions are much worse LOL! xx

Hello Lozza - I use to have reflexology, it's lovely isn't it? So relaxing. How's the hypnobirthing going? Do you feel you could control labour pain with it and not have any drugs? I personally felt very sceptical about it though the soft touch massage sounds lovely and relaxing and I've asked DH to do that whilst I'm in labour xx

Adreamz - the meal was good thanks though I'll be honest and say I find family meals hard work, especially when there is more than 10 of you. It was nice to see everyone though. They all said I had a tiny bump!! It's mad cos my work colleagues think I look big. I certainly feel big and carrying the bump around is getting harder and harder - so many aches and pains LOL! How was the NHS antenatal? xx

Shelley - any sign hun? Are you eating pineapple? Have you BD? I have a feeling your little boy will be here before the end of the week :) xx

Suki - hope you're not waiting much longer too hun xx

Booboo - only 2 working days left for you!!! I feel like the days are dragging. I was busy last week but no so busy this week, which is making the day feel slower. I cleared my desk yesterday and packed all my stuff up in a box. I just have the minimum out that I need until Friday. I also went through my maternity checklist that HR sent me and I've done all that so I'm ready to rush out the door at 4:30 on Friday LOL!! The euphoria I will feel on Friday will be amazing. My work colleagues keep asking if I'll miss them and I'm like errr no!! Well some I will as they're good friends but others I won't and as for the job I certainly won't miss that!! I've been a PA for 10 years at this firm, organising everyones diaries and looking after them. Be interesting to see how they cope without me LOL though we have sorted a temp to replace me xx

Hello to everyone else.

FC - how's motherhood? Is it hard work? Hope you're well xx

AFM - I'm at the midwife this morning for my usual check up so won't be in work until about midday. I thought I'd have a lie in but my little boy decided to have a ninja lesson at 5am so was woken by his movements bless. It does wake me up with a smile.

Well looks like the last couple of jobs on the house will be delayed because of stupid Carpetright!! They said our carpet would be in stock and fitted asap when we paid for it but turns out our colour has been out of stock, should be delivered this week (we ordered it nearly 3 weeks ago!) and unlikely it will be fitted this week, which means we will have to postpone the decorator coming back to do the stairs and landing because he doesn't want to paint it until the carpet has been done in case they knock the paint going up the stairs. So there's me thinking my first week off will be nice and relaxing with all the jobs done!! Oh well.

I have so much I want to do before the baby arrives so I would be quite happy going until 40 weeks as means I have plenty of time to sort it - getting the house spic and span and everything in order after all the jobs, and buying all the remaining stuff for Nathan.

I got my changing bag the other day. I was looking at the one that matches my Sola pram but it's £55 so I was browsing Google shopping and Argos do a Mamas & Papas one in black for just £25. It is practically the same as the M&P one that matches by pram except it doesn't have a denim flap. It gets really good reviews too.

Anyway, I'm off to go and wake DH with a cuddle.

Bye for now yummy mummys to be

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 8:56am

Morning all

Hope everyone is well.

AG and Hoping - seems all 3 of us can't wait to see the back end of this week...lol. i'm so excited for starting mat leave - a whole year of just been mummies and concentrating on our babies...bliss!

AG - glad your feeling better about the movement now hun. this past week i've been feeling really strong movements too due to there been less room in there too. it puts my mind at ease though :thumbsup: Hope you get all organised for work.... just think, this time next week ;) xxx

Hoping - i know how u feel waiting for stuff to be delivered to get on with things. i ordered my cot over 10 weeks ago now and they said it was 6-8 weeks for delivery. have i got it yet?? have i eck!! i keep ringing kiddisave where i got it every week and they say 'its due next week' and it never is. i can't finish the nursery until the cot arrives as i don't know where the shelves and pictures ect will look good without the cot and we have a mural to put on the wall so i need to see where that should go too. so my nursery is at a stand still at the moment until kiddisave decide to deliever my cot X( Hope the decoarting gets sorted for you hun. it can drive u insane can't it cos its like we have a nesting instinct and we want things done now!! I'm hoping my bubs doesn't go overdue but at the same time, like u i hope she's not too early cos i won't be organised..lol. anyway enjoy your last few days at work hun, we'll be ladies of leisure soon ..... well until the LO's arrive and i imagine it'll be even harder work that we think..lol. xxx

Loza- hiya hun. the reflexology does sound nice and relaxing. it can only be a good thing to relax you before the birth. i love anything like that. i was looking for a pre-natal massage myself to have while i;m on my mat leave.....think i'll get googling. apparently if we're stressed the LO's stay put inside us so the more relaxing we can do before our due dates the better :thumbsup: xxx

adreamz - thanks for the bank hol info hun. i bet i don't accrue them either....i think Hoping must work for a very nice company :thumbsup: thats a good idea extending your mat leave by a month and using your kit days. are u going back FT after mat leave? i'm going back PT so i can't complain really cos they don;t have to take me back so they are been reasonable and it means i won't have to look for another job. How was the yoga and nhs antenatal hun? my antenatal was nhs and i found it quite good. xxx

shelley - hope your lil man gets a move on for you soon hun. he must be very comfy in there :happy: are u having a sweep today?? xxx

suki - almost D-day for you too hun :D Hope your LO doesn't keep u waiting too long either hun. That ceremic spider your dd painted sounds awesome hun, i can't wait until my Lo is doing things like that and i can put them on my desk at work :snigger: xxx

AFM - last 2 days at work now. I'm so struggling at the moment and so glad i decided to take my mat leave now and not wait until i was 38 weeks. everything i do takes effort. i can't even bend and put my shoes on without huffing and puffing. my feet are just huuuuuuge!! i can only wear one pair of velcro sandals.... and they are not fasionable in the slightest!! i feel so huge although everyone says i'm all bump...its one huge bump to lug around all day. hubby does look after me though and my mum cleans my house most weeks while i'm at work so i'm getting well looked after.

just can't wait until next week so i can finish my last bit of shopping and get the nursery sorted..... and then there's the all important cleaning. cob webs here i come!!

my mum is convinced my LO will arrive early cos according to her IVF babies arrive early....hmmmm, not according to fertility zone they don't... :snigger: Anyway i have too many things to do yet so she can stay cooking for longer for now. i have loads of strong movements now, don;t think she has much room in there and this morning i was woken up by her hiccups...so cute :happy:

best get some work done anyway xxxxxxxxxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Jun 15th 2011, 8:59am)

suki

Ace

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 10:53am

Hi everyone,
just popped in to say good luck with the sweep Shelley, or have you gone yourself? xfingers

AFM, exhausted and not sleeping well at all, feel guilty as not taking DD to her swimming lesson, rhythm time class or gymboree this week as struggling. Still I guess its hopefully not much longer. I think head is definately engaged as bump is so much lower and I can't roll over in bed without a very odd sensation deep in my pelvis, but I guess I'll find out at my last mw appointment on Friday. She has said for a second baby that the head doesn't engage until right before labour sometimes, so who knows. Really wish I could get out for a nice long walk, even in this drizzle, but back and hips not as willing as my brain!

sorry if I sound like a complete moan today girls.
Suki xxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 3:35pm

Hi guys,

I'm still here :)

Went to MW this morning and she offered a sweep, tried to do it but said that the neck of the womb is completely closed so couldnt!! :bawl: I wasnt looking forward to it but was willing to go through it to help him arrive but no. She said the neck of the womb is short so thats a good sign but noticed my ankles were bad and ive been having headaches lately so sent me for bloods to check for pre eclampsia. they've just called to say that my platelets are low in my blood (119 instead of 150) which affects clotting. they are going to run it past the doctor and see if i need to do anything but said if they dont ring then its fine.
Looks like wednesday will be the day for our little boy to arrive.... well be pushed!! lol

Suki - dont worry hun, it wont be for long xx Hope your feeling ok xx

BooBoo - Enjoy the time you have off, sounds like you need the rest hunni xx I can totally sympathise with your swollen ankles, its horrible xx I wish your mum was right with IVF baby's being early but i'm proof (and FC79) that its not necessarily true!!

Hoping - How did your midwife appointment go?

Sorry Lorraine, doesnt feel like its going to happen anytime soon!!

AG - Enjoy your time at home, will be lovely im sure xx

Adreamz - You have lots more growing to do hunni!!

Take care all xx I might try a curry tonight! x

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 8:17pm

hi all

hope ur all well i had my 32 week scan 2day baby is 4lb 7 already lovely!! and she is doing really well. i have my last week at one job this week yehhhhh and another week left at my other job the week after and i cant wait yehhhhhhhhhh xxxxx

hope everyone is well with everyone and i will try to catch up on the personals soon xxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 8:21pm

So pleased to hear you are all well. Only 1 and half days of work left - so cannot wait! Feeling quite emotional - not about finishing work in the slightest, but just that it brings us so much closer to meeting our little miracle finishing up at work. Will be able to catch up more after Friday on here, then you won't see the back of me!! xxx

Thursday, June 16th 2011, 6:54am

Lorraine, reflexology sounds great, I wonder if it has to be a pregnancy specialist.
Ag, must be excited about flight home. I hope you get the all clear.
Hoping, I didn't get to yoga but nhs antenatal was good but very different. Nct is all for natural remedies the opposite to nhs. I need to look into oxytocin injections for placenta delivery as they gave conflicting info!! That changing bag sounds reasonable. I will look into that. Are you calling your boy Nathan? I love that name but dh wanted Ethan, which wasn't the same do we vitto'd them both!! I hope your carpet gets sorted soon.
Booboo, I'm going back ft (wish we could afford less but buying a bigger house won't let us). What do hiccups feel like? I'm not sure if I get them (well I mean lo he he)
Suki, sorry to hear you are struggling. Must be hard having a little one as well.
Shelly, you being induced next wed? Let's hope it happened naturally before then
Mum82, how did you get a 32week scan?
Afm. These nights have given me really bad heartburn which isn't relieved by gaviscon!! Oh well I only have 3 extra nights left so I mustn't grumble!! 8 shifts in total which is unbelievable.
Went to breast feeding class with nct which was great. Made it sound far to easy but I'm willing to give it a go. Dh was there so it's nice that I can count on his memory too. Talked alot about skin to skin contact and suggested that if mum is unable to do it (ie being stitched etc) then partner should do.
I'm off to bed shortly then I may get up and go swimming.

Thursday, June 16th 2011, 8:51am

Morning all

oooooh i'm in a bloody good mood today happydance last daya t work and so excited :thumbsup:

i had a rubbish nights sleep last night mostly because of googling and probably reading things i shouldn't and also because of my indigestion. but not even my extreme tiredness can kill my mood today. so happy to be leaving for mat leave and getting started on getting ready for LO.

shelley - hope your man arrives soon hun, sorry to hear the mw couldn't do the sweep. i guess your Lil man will come when he's good and ready. and yes...my mum is very wrong with her theory isnt she ...lol xxx

adreamz - hiccups feel like a little tap. i must have had them for weeks and not realised what they were. i was sat there one day and felt tap...tap...tap...tap.... and it went on for a while and i though 'what is she doing in there' and then i realised it must be hiccups. they are low down where her head is and have a rhythm so very different to a kick or wriggle. its very cute. u were saying to Hoping about baby names...there's loads of names my hubby keeps vetoing that i love X( its hard u need to choose something u both like and i think i have different taste to my hub sometimes...lol. I'm sure we'll both get there in the end. have u got anything u both like yet? we have two first names we both like but i'm tryng to persuade him on Beatrice for a middle name cos it means 'bringer of joy' and he's having non of it....lets see what he says while i'm mid contraction...lol xxx

mum - great news your scan went well. My Lo was a good size too the last time i had one and we're used to small babies in our family so it'll be interesting to see her size when she does arrive. one more week to go for you at work....bet your so excited. seems we're all getting ready for mat leave in here now. xxx

suki - hope your feeling better hun. you seem really fed up now. the back end is really hard isn't it, i can only imagine how much more hard work it is with another LO to look after and your hip and back pain. Not long now for you though hun xxx

Quick question ladies, what is this rasberry tea leaf and when should i start taking it? do i just get it from supermarket or somewhere else?? I'm going to start the walking, BD'ing and currys next week when i'm 37 weeks and full term.

right best get on with my last day at work..... hopefully i won't have too much to do today. we're off for a pub lunch later so that should be nice. glad i'm leaving on a good note after i've been feeling out of it for months stuck in a small office on my own.

xxxxx

Reg: Apr 26th 2009

Children: son 11 ICSI daugther 18 months

Thursday, June 16th 2011, 11:32am

Just pop in to see how are doing ladies I know from previous chat :) wow for me now 30 weeks sounds sooo far far away!! :) Good luck to you all and enjoy the last weeks as 2 in 1!!
Al.

Thursday, June 16th 2011, 11:37am

Booboo, I really want my middle name as it's also my mums but dh doesn't think it fits with the first name I have chosen but I'm sure I can win that one. Boys names we haven't even got close to agreeing!! I though I could use the whole I've just been in labour I'm choosing but I was told the other day of a story where the mum was do high on hormones of giving birth that she agreed to a name she was adamant she woulnt have!! Must be careful.
As for red leaf tea I'm told to drink it from 35 weeks can have 5 cups a day and it strengthens your abdominal muscles so helps with contractions / pushing but doesn't induce you. Also good after birth.
Enjoy your last day :-)
Well I should be asleep but I've given up so going swimming instead. Got lots on my mind as trying to push a date for our move xfingers Xxx

United Kingdom

Friday, June 17th 2011, 11:50am

Hi everyone!

So BooBoo - how is maternity leave?! If you're anything like me, you'll have such a long list of jobs to do that you'll think it was easier being at work! I'm such a 'to do' list freak - everything I think about goes on a to do list that I then work to try to clear. Always unrealistic about how much I can feasibly do in one day and I always end up shattered!

Hoping and Amazing Grace - good luck on your last day! Yay!

Suki - you sound exhausted. Hope your mw appointment today goes well. And as for Shelley....fingers crossed you don't have to wait until Wednesday!!

AFM - busy but good. Would quite like little one to come along now though - ready or not! Now 37 weeks and 3 days. Had a spa day yesterday to try to get some time out with my sis and that was lovely. Also, did a brilliant Active Birthing yoga class on Wednesday. If there are any around your area, would recommend them. Really wish I'd found them before rather than the pilates I have been doing. A 2 hour class. Half an hour at the beginning of chat, any concerns/niggles etc. then an hour of very gentle yoga and breathing exercises including 10 minutes or so of relaxation at the end and then herbal tea and choccie biscuits, chat, 'birth story' emails read out from those in the class who have popped and a general time to ask questions/advice etc. Think most people have been in the class from 20-30 weeks so joining at 37 is a shame but the teacher has said she thinks it will be beneficial. She's very pro natural and home birth so made me feel a bit better about giving it a go if I get the chance. Lots of stuff around the fact your body needs to be relaxed to go into labour so I'm trying to take a chill pill! It's not working! ;)

Ok, had better get on. Hope you're all having a good Friday!

Harry x

Friday, June 17th 2011, 3:27pm

Well that is me finished!! Is just such a wonderful feeling, but was also a bit weird handing my keys in for the next wee while, maybe forever! Will get around to personals over the weekend - going to be so good having so much time on my hands and means I can concentrate on getting things fully sorted for baby coming at home.

I have a few questions about these pretend contractions - braxton kicks. I'm 30 weeks and I think i've been getting these for a week or so, but would like someone to describe what they are like! Every now and again my tummy goes really hard in certain areas. It happens in different areas of my tummy, but is never sore.

My second question is how often do you get them? Today i've had them more than normal and i'm panicing that I should maybe go and get seen to. Is it also possible my tummy to also go into this rock hard state when the baby's head or bum is there?

Hope you guys are all well. It is all going to get rather exciting in this thread from now on in! xxx

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Friday, June 17th 2011, 4:14pm

Congratulations everyone on reaching 3rd trimester I loved it in here :happy:

AG braxton hicks are totally normal and I had them from 28 weeks on. Many times I thought I should go to hospital because at times they were really regular. I was told as long as the pain does not become unbearable it is ok. You will also feel head, bum, elbows,knees and feet but a BH is more like your whole belly going hard with mild period cramps.

Good luck everyone and I look forward to hearing all about your safe arrivals. Enjoy your bumps as you will miss them :happy:

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 12:06pm

Thanks Kirstin - I am pretty sure that it was just BH. All settled down.

Hope everyone else is doing great! Had a work BBQ last night which was good and away to a hen day today. Not heading out at night with the party girls, but going for the afternoon pamper and food! Should be good fun. Will be trying to catch up on the diaries later on when I have more time. Hope you are all having good weekends xxx

suki

Ace

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 3:34pm

hi ladies!, typing one handed as baby Miles arrived rather rapidly yesterday at 2.45am! Woke having twinges about 1.20, by 1.50 waters had broken, my friend came over and picked up DD for us and by then the contractions were about 2 mins apart so we drove rather quickly to the hospital although it still took 20 mins ( hypnobirthing breathing all the way!) DH dropped me at the door and went to park the car, the head crowned in the corridor.... I delivered my beautiful baby boy whilst fully clothed, fitflops on, trousers pulled to my knees, on all fours on the bed, the midwifes didn't even have time to catch him as they were grabbing gloves! my DH ran into the room as the wee soul hit the sheets! No time even for a couple of paracetamol. I was so worried about this labour and delivery so it was amazing it was so quick and drug free! I got home last night, shattered as no sleep, but hey ho! he is 6lbs 15oz and seems to be taking to bf-ing ok so far.think I'm going to have my hands pretty full for next wee while, but will pop in to see how everyone is doing.
Shelley, any news?
how is everyone else?
Lorraine, although the hypnosis aspect of hypnobirthing didn't work for me, the breathing certainly did! so good luck when you do it, I'm convinced you'll manage no bother.
Oh and for all the ladies sceptical about perineal massage, after a 3rd degree tear and large episiotomy last time, with lots of scar tissue, I only had a very small tear this time. So break out the sweet almond oil and get doing it!
Suki xxx

suki

Ace

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 3:38pm

Oh and for what its worth, I'd been drinking my raspberry leaf tea, sniffing my clary sage oil and had been eating lots of fresh pineapple! yum! x

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 8:10pm

Wow, congratulations Suki! Your labour sounds brilliant - hope mine is as quick and painless. You must be thrilled. Take care and let us know how you get on xx

Hi to everyone else. Not posted for a while as I've been so busy and tired. Saw the MW yesterday who said my blood pressure is still on the low side - as is my iron level, but not low enough to need iron tablets so to try and include more in my diet. Everything else seems OK though. I'm feeling a bit down actually as I've unpacked my pram today. I got the Silver cross linear freeway a while back but it's been packaged up. Anyway it doesn't seem to fold up properly - it will lock when forced but don't think it should be like that. It's also really fiddly to take the body off and on for the car seat and it also seems bigger and heavier than in the shop. So I'm now wondering whether to take it back and have been looking at prams again online to see what I could change it for. It was a nightmare choosing one the first time. What's everyone else got?

Sorry for lack of personals - I can't seem to catch up at the moment as I feel totally worn out. xx

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 8:21pm

Congratulations Suki!! Your labour sounds fab - quick and not a lot of tearing. I am going to get going with the perineal massage, although I didn't realise you massaged inside as well! I thought it was just the outside area between the vagina and bum! I'm all for so much of what goes with hypnobirthing, apart from the hynosis. I really like their visualisation stuff.

Rocky - don't worry about your pram sweetie. You are probably just a little bit stressed about the changes in general. Keep it up for a few days and work with it to see how you get on and fingers crossed you are happier with it. I had a bit of a stress when I put mine together that my changing bag looked too big next to the pram!! I think just cause I want everything to be so right. I left it for a few days and i've got used to it and it really isn't a problem!! We got the Quinny Buzz system and are VERY happy with it. It is a really easy pram to put together and is compact and light.

I've been enjoying my first few days off with BBQ's and hen days! Sooo happy to be finished up at work! xxx

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 11:21pm

awwww, wow. Huuuge congrats to suki on the safe but speedy arrival of Miles. Your birth story is amazing. I can't believe it all happened so quickly. He was a good weight too after your scan told u he would be small, just shows u they don't always get it right. So happy for u hun and i hope you and your family are having a great time getting to know Miles... I'm sure u all are :happy: xxx

rocky - try not to stress over your pram hun. Like AG said it could be just that your stressing over everything been ready and maybe u'll get the hang of it in a few days. We just got our pram today, we got the bugaboo. I'm very pleased with it but it doesn't seem to be as straightforward to use as it is in the shop so maybe its just a case of we both need to get used to our new
buggy's. I guess its easier in the shops when the assistants are there to show u. Hopefully u'll get the hang of it soon xxx

AG - good to hear your mat leave went well. I bet your so pleased to have left and now have time to relax and get ready for baby, i know i am!! Sounds like u've had a good weekend planned too with lots of girly fun. Xxx

well AFM - finished work on thurs and sinse then i've shopped and got everything i need, hospital bags packed....all 3 of them..lol. And today we got bugaboo delivered and monday we get our cot so we can finish the nursery next week. So its all been going on here..lol.

Just been to inlaws and they were discussing nephews new baby. My SIL thinks its really bad she's only seen her grandson 3 times in one week....now is it just me or does she have nothing to moan about??? My MIL was agreeing with her so now i'm scared my MIL is going to expect to be up all the time when i've had the baby. Its nice everyone is so excited for buba's arrival but if they expect to come over more than 3 times a week i'll find that a bit much.....even my own mum won't be up everyday.

Also i keep getting different family members expecting they'll take buba for the day every week...now if i took everyone up on there offers i don't think I'd see her myself! For e.g my mum keeps mentioning about having buba for a day a week so i can have a day off then my FIL mentioned having her every week so i can have a day off. I don't want a bloody day off until i feel ready and i think buba's ready!! Am i been unreasonable thinking i won't want to be giving buba up for a full day until she's at least 6 months old. For a start i want to BF so its not possible anyway. But i just feel like everyone's organising when they want her and i think 'bugger off i'll let u know when i feel ready to let other people look after her'. Just feel like everyone is deciding they'll have her when they want and i donLt feel comfortable with it. Maybe i'm over reacting and hormonal though.....

anyway going to take my hormonal self to bed....lol.

Hope your all having good weekends and enjoy fathers day tomorrow.i have my hubby a card from the bump - copied idea from Hoping ;) and even a prezzie from the dog...lol.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Jun 18th 2011, 11:24pm)

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 19th 2011, 11:01am

Hi all,

I'm still here :bawl: No twinges or anything!!

Looks like its definitely going to be Wednesday :)

Suki - I told ya you would have your little bundle before me! Congratulations, am so pleased for you xxx Your labour sounds so quick!! Bless ya x Enjoy your little fella..... and born on his due date too!!!

Well DH got a lovely card from his little boy this morning for fathers day.... wonder how he managed to do that :snigger: Would be lovely to have him before needing help but we'll see. Lots of rest for me i think.

It bought a tear to my eye the other day when DH said 'wouldnt it be nice if at least part of this pregnancy didnt need intervention!' ;(

Hoping77

What's Up?

Sunday, June 19th 2011, 12:48pm

Hi ladies

Just popping in to say huge congrats to Suki, can't believe how quick your labour was. I was at an active birth workshop yesterday and the MW kept saying how long first labours can be, as in days. I really hope mine isn't. Wishing you all the best anyway with your new arrival xx

Sorry for not doing any more personals but I am feeling very emotional today. Just burst out crying for no reason. We were at a wedding last night and I didn't get home untl 11:30pm and then was awake at 5:30am with my little boy constantly wriggling. I'm shattered. We've just been to Asda to do a food shop and half way round my back started throbbing and I just couldn't be bothered so we rushed the last bit but now I have forgotten a few items, which is very annoying. Escalated of course by my pregnancy hormones LOL! Think I'll spend the rest of the afternoon lying on the sofa and have a snooze.

Had my worst braxton hick last night at about 1am. I woke up with a cramp feeling in my belly so rolled over to get out of bed but as I stood up it tightened even more and was quite painful, like very bad cramp. I was shouting DH who was sleeping in the other room but he didn't hear me. It was just very uncomfortable but once I walked about and woke DH up to give it a rub it went away. I thought BH weren't meant to be painful? My pain threshold is rubbish though so god help me in labour!

We were at an active birth workshop yesterday, which was very good. I'm definitely considering a waterbirth now and at my hospital have a painkiller called Remifentanil, which I really like the sound of. Has anyone tried it and if so what did they think? I'm thinking I could start in the water and see how I get on there with gas and air and if it gets too much get out and try this pain relief. Of course it depends on how I cope on the day but this is what I'm thinking I'd like to try up to now. I shall remain open-minded though.

Anyway, like I said sorry for no personals but I am reading all your posts. I'll post properly in the week as I have now finished work - woohoo!!! You'd think I'd be more chirpy wouldn't you knowing I don't have to go back to work till summer next year LOL!

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Sunday, June 19th 2011, 10:37pm

Hello ladies,
Just a quick one to say Congrats to our lovely friend Suki - so happy for you, DH and your DD!!! Baby Miles - what a wonderful name! He certainly knows how to get things done in a hurry too! So so happy to hear your hypnobirthing breathing worked, your comment has made me and DH realise we have definitely made the right decision in doing Hypnobirthing and dedicating just 30mins everyday to practise breathing and listening to the cd is hopefully all going to be worth it! Im really looking forward to giving birth and Im praying my wee boy decides to be as speedy as Miles!!!! Look after yourself and let us know how you are doing xxxxxxxxxxx

Poor you Shelley - bubs will be with you soon though and bless your DH! Hope you are managing to relax and take it easy.

Sorry for not doing personals girls but will do in the week.

Much love and ladies who have finished work - wooooohooooooo, enjoy having a lie in tomorrow morning!

xxxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LozzaG" (Jun 19th 2011, 10:38pm)

Monday, June 20th 2011, 6:24am

Everytime I click on the third trimester chat section I can't quite believe that i'm here already! Seems to have gone so, so quickly!

Lozza and Suki - i'm just away to order a hypnobirthing CD - which one have you got?

Shelley - hoping we hear some lovely news soon and your little one doesn't keep you waiting too long. We are waiting on my SIL to have her baby too - she was due on Friday.

Hoping - The emotional side of things is totally normal - my poor DH does really well with me!

Booboo - I can totally understand your thoughts on the whole family issue - having family to help is one thing, but that just sounds totally OTT! I would just try to put it to the back of your mind until your little one arrives. You will have plenty of excuses to keep her to yourself after she is born, particularly if you are breastfeeding. We are in a completely different scenario having no family here. The first time DH has an offshore trip after little one will be a little interesting i'm sure! I do have lots of great friends here who are almost like family and I know will be a great support, which is good. We'll have family visiting as well and we might try to make sure my Mum is here the first time DH goes away. Not sure if that will make things easier or more difficult though as my Mum can be a nightmare!

I just have to say that any complaints I put on here are not really huge complaints! We are extremely grateful to be where we are and do not take a single day forgranted. Our little one is already so very loved and very precious to us. I wouldn't swap my sleepless nights, sore hips and the worry of braxton hicks for the world!

Up at the crack of dawn on my first day off! Not through choice though I must add - just not sleeping that great at all at the moment. Partly because i'm uncomfortable and my hips ache and partly because when I wake up, it is so light here all night that I can't get back to sleep again! DH back on Thursday, so he's going to put up black up blinds - we need one in the baby's room anyway, so he'll put one in ours too. Been getting loads of braxton hicks, infact had about 6 yesterday from 12 noon until 9 at night, so phoned the hospital just to check that I shouldn't go up and get checked. They are so chilled out here anyway, but she said it was perfectly normal and only to worry if they were accompanied by pain or were becoming regular. I'm going to just have to chill out and accept that this is all part of this last and final stage until we meet our little one and that it is totally normal. Hard not to panic that i'm going into labour, but i suppose a lot of that comes from this being my first time and not really knowing what to expect. Movements have changed a lot! I was a little worried last week as little one was quiet, but I think he/she has just been concentrating on a growth spurt. Sometimes I can really feel on an area of my tummy that it is the head or bum. I can tell from the movements that there has been real growth in the baby as there just doesn't seem as much room for him/her. I'm thinking it is a boy just now! Don't ask me why!

Had a lovely day yesterday with some friends who are over from the UK. We went for a lovely long walk and then had lunch by the sea, which was lovely. I then went back up to their apartment and just chilled out, drank peppermint tea and had lots of fun with their little 9 month old girl. Came home and had intended to go and see another friend on the way, but was pretty tired, so just came home, put on the washing machine, did a bit of housework and chilled out!

I am away swimming this morning, then meeting a friend who is getting married early July to give her their wedding gift. They are heading back to the UK to get married, so will be nice to catch up before they leave. It was her henny on Saturday that I was at. Then I think that i'm going to see another friend this afternoon. I've been spending more time with them than normal just now because i'm going to be looking after their little boy when she goes into labour in July (if we are here and not away) She was going to go and do it all herself as they are here from Tunisia and didn't have anyone to look after their little boy that they trusted. He's a great little boy and we get on really great, even though we can't communicate! He speaks arabic and french. We'll probably go for a walk or something as well.

Feeling like i'm needing to start getting things more organised, so planning to get everything washed this week and put away nicely for our baby to arrive. Hope you all have a lovely week. xxx

suki

Ace

Monday, June 20th 2011, 9:27am

Morning everyone!
Hoping, I had wanted to go with the remifentanyl PCA ( patient controlled analgesia) this time, as I was sure I'd want something more than paracetamol and the hypnobirthing. I have an anaesthetist friend who says all the labouring women love it. Basically you are hooked up to a machine which when you press a button delivers a small amount of the drug, so you can have pain relief for every contraction. It means you can still change position etc whilst labouring too which is better than an epidural ( unless you have a fabulous anaesthetist who can give you a mobile epidural )
Amazing, the CD I got came with the book and stuff from the hypnobirthing midwife I chose to go with. Its Marie Mongan, Mangan, something like that. I see you can buy the book off ebay and amazon I think. The Cd I got just had the rainbow relaxation and birthing affirmations on it. I totally struggled with the self hypnosis aspect although I know some folk totally swear by it, but the breathing was a god send, especially for the car journey, which, shall I put it, was a tad uncomfortable! ( mostly as I wanted to stand whilst having contractions and just couldn't bear sitting down). I'm sure standing and gravity helped Miles shoot into the world. The hypnobirthing book also has stuff about labouring positions etc that I had been keen to try too, but in the end my back had been too bad to even practice and ultimately we didn't need them, but I wish I'd had that info the first time around with DD.

Rocky, get some SPATONE from boots or holland and barrat. Sachets of iron rich water, you chuck it in a glass or orange juice which aids absorption, its tasteless, has none of the side effects of iron tablets and you can take it while pregnant and after while breast feeding etc. I've just started on mine this morning as vegetarian and it just seemed sensible as I did it last time after DD.

Not sure why I'm on FZ after 2 hours sleep...... but feel completely wired. Miles has crashed out after being up most of the night again, so maybe I'll try and catch some zzzzzzzzzzz........

Shelley, good luck hon, hope you go soon, hope everyone else is fine and dandy.

I must try and wean myself off this thread, but I sooooo want to find out what happens with you all!
Suki xxx

United Kingdom

Monday, June 20th 2011, 10:37am

Morning!

Suki - what wonderful news! Sorry it's taken so long to send congrats - our internet was down this weekend and I could only login on my phone. What a fantastically quick labour! Very happy for you, I hope you manage to get some sleep over the next few days!

Shelley - not long to go! Whatever happens, you're likely to get to meet you little man by Wednesday! Very exciting!

Saw a friend who has a 5 month old on Friday. She said I should mentally gear myself up for 42 weeks, not 40 weeks (or even 37 as I had done...) so that anything before then is a bonus. It actually helped. Both DH and I are starting to feel inpatient and also not wanting to spend the next 4 weeks preparing for LO and talking about nothing but! He's very very special to us already but it's nice to keep some identity of our own! DH went to a party on Saturday night and came home frustrated that he'd been 'cornered' by one of the ladies about how things are going, whether he's ready for it etc. So at least if I can focus on 42 weeks, I can see that as having up to 4 weeks to do some things I'd like to do. Maybe take myself up to London for a musical one afternoon or to an art gallery (I'm not cultured at all and could do with some educating!). Nice.

Going into my 3rd week of leave from work now and starting to try to wind down. Hoping, BooBoo, Amazing Grace - I hope you're better than me at allowing yourself downtime. Be decadent and treat yourself (lots!) - to nice little naps, to pampering - whatever floats your boat. It's taken me two exhausting weeks to come to the realisation that this is a very precious time to relax and have some 'me' time and that if everything isn't ready for LO when he arrives, it doesn't matter. I'm trying to remind myself that he only needs somewhere to sleep, some clean clothes and nappies and a boob or two to suck on ;) and everything else can be got as and when needed. And BooBoo - as for everyone else demanding yours or your LO's time, how about the hormones excuse? i.e. you've every right to do what you think is right and what you're comfortable with as and when and if people don't like it or get upset by it, well, you can always blame the hormones!

Ok, despite what I've said above, it's back to that 'to do' list!

Have a great day

Harry
x

United Kingdom

Monday, June 20th 2011, 2:02pm

Hi guys xx

I'm having a resting day today, after doing some housework this morning im feeling less restless about sitting around reading and checking on here, etc.

Harry - I think your friends idea of preparing for 42 weeks is a brilliant one, I wish i had. I have been getting very upset of an evening wondering why he doesnt want to make an appearance and like ive said before, worrying that i'd rather have him out now than wait just in case something goes wrong but theres nothing i can do about and to be honest, as long as his wriggling around in there then thats what i need to concentrate on. Like you said within a couple of days his gonna be here so just need to focus on that.

Suki - How are things going? I cant wait to be a mummy and have sleepless nights, its something me and DH have been waiting for for so long. Come on little man xx

Oh by the way... forgot to tell you guys.... me and DH finished the rocking chair! Am loving it! DH is working hard to get our room decorated now that his exams are all finished but in the mean time the rocking chair will be in my dressing room so that i have somewhere to go and feed.

Well take care you guys, i'll find out tomorrow what time i can go in on wednesday for my induction...... so scared!

Monday, June 20th 2011, 4:46pm

suki wow well done you! hope my 2nd one is a quick as that!! lol 1st one was 30hrs labour!! im sure ive asked you already but ive forgot how many weeks can you start the clary sage oil???? only had it in delivery with my son!!
shelly ohhh wed not long now!! bet you cant wait xxx

hi to everyone else ill try catch up when my son isnt running around with a toy snake lolmy lovely manager has let me take next week as holiday too so i will be leaving on wed yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i cant wait! got a list of things i need to do in 1st week or 2 before i can relax tho!!!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 6:12am

Morning ladies

Time for some personals finally!!

Mum - great you finish work tomorrow. I have a long list of things to do in my first two weeks too as I want to ensure I have everything ready so then I can relax xx

Shelley - sending you love and wishes for tomorrow - unless you have gone into labour naturally overnight?! Your rocking chair sounds lovely. Looking forwarding to hearing when your little boy arrives. Do you have a name? xx

Harry - thanks for the tip re taking time to chill. I'm finding it a struggle to be honest to do lots of housework and shopping. I have to take little breaks in between as my back aches. Hope you're near the end of your to do list LOL xx

Suki - cheers for the info on remi, it sounds brilliant does it? I thought that when the midwife told us about it. I then googled reviews on it and for some women it worked great but for some it didn't but I'm prepared to give it a try if it means I can be more mobile as that's what is putting me off an epidural, plus the fact they're tampering with your spine. How's Miles? Is is big sister chuft to bits? xx

AG - I am exactly like you hun - waking up stupidly early feeling uncomfortable and my hips ache like mad. There is only so many times I can alternate sides in the night. Even lying on my back for a short while is uncomfortable because of the weight of my bump. These last few weeks are getting harder I must say. You're getting a lot of braxton hicks aren't you? I will get one but then nothing for a couple of days or so, I've never had more than one in a day. Can you get them that far apart? How was the swimming? I plan on going tomorrow wiith DH as I'm hoping it will help relieve my achey pelvic area xx

Hello Lozza - when do you finish work hun? xx

Booboo - hope you get your mattress problem sorted hun. How annoying to be waiting that long and then they forget to send it. My cot and pram arrived yesterday but I had no energy to open the boxes and check everything was there. I reasoned it was as it said on the form how many boxes I would get for each thing. I really need to have a play with my pram before I pack it up and send it down to the father in laws to store until baby is here - cos of my friend scaring me into it being bad luck keeping it in the house!!! Re your issue with family. I've told DH to tell our friends and family that we don't want any visitors for at least the first week or two just while I establish a routine of feeding. I don't mind my mum nipping round, or his mum or his step mum as I'm sure they will be a massive help but I don't want to be swamped with lots of visitors the first week. Fortunately mine haven't said they intend to take the baby off me for a day, can't believe yours are thinking that would be OK at such a young age or do they mean when she is a bit older? xx

Rocky - are you getting use to your pram yet? I plan on testing mine out today as I have totallly forgot what the lady in the shop said. I hope it's easy to operate xx

Adreamz - they discussed that injection for delivering the placenta in the birth workshop I attended last week (Rocky - I highly recommend it by the way, it was at Stepping Hill). The midwife there didn't make it sound that bad, in fact I think I will opt for it so I can get it over and done with. She mentioned bleeding a little but nothing extreme. Yes I am calling our son Nathan. I have loved the name for years and years and when I told DH I really wanted that name he said he liked it but did suggest Ethan as an alternative. My heart has been set on Nathan though and we call him by his name all the time and people know him already as Nathan xx

Right, think I've covered everyone LOL! Apologies if I have missed anyone off.

AFM - it still hasn't sunk in yet that I am on maternity leave. It feels like I will be going back to work next week LOL! I have a list of things today - get the house sorted and buy all the last bits and bobs for Nathan. Yesterday I gave the downstairs a good clean - wiped the skirtings, polished everywhere, cleaned the inside of the windows, cleaned the kitchen and vaccumed, washed our bedding and bath towels and cleaned the bathroom. I was shattered by the end of it LOL!

We're still waiting for the carpet in the nursery to be fitted, which is very frustrating as that is holding me up clearing the other two bedrooms, which have loads of stuff in. Once that is fitted I can then start to get upstairs blitzed and sort the nursery and give our bedroom a good clean and put the Moses basket in ready for his first month or two in our room.

Did anyone else feel very uncomfortable at 35 weeks? I know those in the latter stages are i.e. from 38 weeks but I am really struggling to get comfy. Even sitting down on my sofa now is uncomfortable. Yesterday I had a lot of pressure in the top of my lady bits and if I sat or lay with my legs too close together it was uncomfortable. I know from my last scan that is head is in my pelvis but I'm wondering if he is slowly making his way down either further but then surely it's too early to engage? I don't want him to come early as I have too much to sort before he arrives LOL! If I can get to 38 weeks I'll be happy as everything should be sorted by then.

I was at an active birth workshop last weekend, which was really good. It only discussed labour though so don't know who told me it was a combination of the different antenatal classes so I didn't get any info on breastfeeding. It's OK though as we have a drop in clinic on a Wednesday morning in my area where I can pop in and speak to other breastfeeding mothers, which I think I will do. We got a tour of the delivery suite, which was very exciting. The rooms are really big and have a huge pool in them with a weird shaped bed on the other side as they do try to encourage you to be more upright in labour than lay on a hospital bed. There were some rooms with a normal bed in for those who have epidurals or other drugs that make you immobile. I'm really liking the idea of a waterbirth though and even DH said he may get in the pool with me. I was like are you sure as it won't be very nice in there with all the stuff that comes out LOL! He said he would take his swim shorts just in case!

Wow that was a long post!

I'm off back to bed to see if I can grab another hours sleep - oh it is great knowing I don't have to go to work biggrin2

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hoping77" (Jun 21st 2011, 6:13am)

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 6:23am

How annoying that it won't let you amend spelling and grammar if more than 5 minutes after submitting it! I noticed a typo, went in to amend it, clicked submit, then noticed another typo so decided to read my post through for any other typos and when I clicked submit it wouldn't let me!!! Probablly sounds very petty really LOL but I like to ensure it reads properly!

x

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests