You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 6:55pm

Booboo - you finish work the day before me happydance Only 3 and a bit weeks to go hun!!! I'm getting fed up of work. I just want to wind down but people are giving me work that I just can't be bothered doing. I'm normally very efficient and a hard worker but as the weeks go by I just can't find the motivation. I am just itching to finish work xx

Welcome Adreamz and Rocky smile2 Nice to see you both over here xx

Oooh Shelley could this be the start? How you feeling? xx

Wow Caz I too can't believe James is 5 weeks already, it's flown. Thanks for your advice re diet. I am actually on Metformin as I was prescribed it because I have PCOS. I've been on it since August last year and I swear it's what helped me get pregnant this time. I always eat wholewheat pasta and wholegrain rice and did before I got pregnant. I never have the white stuff. I've realised it's my portion size as I do eat a lot LOL! We're having spag bol tonight so I've told DH to not give me much pasta. My readings have been OK this past week so hopefully I've learnt to manage it better. I have even had some chocolate buttons as a treat and my reading was fine. I just had a handful straight after a main meal as I realise it's key to eat them with other food rather than on an empty stomach xx

FC - any news hun?

Hello to everyone else. Hope you're OK.

AFM - I've noticed I don't get on here as much as I did in the other trimesters. By the time I get in from work I am so tired I just want to have my tea and go to bed zzzz . Our nursery should be done very soon. The plasterer is coming tomorrow and we have the decorator booked in straight after. Then we just need to get it carpeted and I can start putting everything in - which I need to buy!!! My hypnobirthing book arrived at weekend. I've had a bit of a read and it sounds very interesting. Whether or not it will help me have a less painful labour I don't know. DH is very synical as he says I'm a wimp when it comes to pain LOL! I said it's all about mind over matter and not fearing labour as if you do fear it the pain is worse and his reply was well when I had a catheter down my japs eye I didn't think it would hurt and it was the most painful thing he has ever experienced LOL! I always laugh when he tells me that story from his past. He said weeing after it was excrutiating LOL :laugh: God help men if they had to give birth eh pmsl

I'm at the midwife tomorrow for a check up and I'm at the hospital next Tuesday for a scan and to see the obstetrician and consultant. This is because of my GD. I'm hoping he is growing OK and not too big and that they are happy with how I am managing my GD.

My little boy is a constant wriggler. He moves so much in this trimester. I love it. I have yet to have a kick in the ribs or see his foot or hand poke out but my belly moves around and goes lopsided.

I thought I was having Braxton Hicks last night as I had a tight twinge on the right side of my belly. It lasted about half an hour and wasn't really painful, just tight. He then started kicking that area and it seemed to disappear LOL! Not sure if it was a Braxton Hick or not.

Bye for now ladies

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 7:04pm

Hi Shelley - I was typing my post as you submitted yours. So you've had a show have you?! Does that mean it could be imminent? I know exactly what you mean about feeling shattered and finding the energy to do stuff. I am a bit of a clean freak when it comes to tidying my house but I just find it hard work vaccuming and cleaning. I get out of breath quickly. I'm a few weeks behind you too so god help me in a few weeks LOL! My DH helps clean but it's never to my standard and I usually end up going over what he has done. He tries though bless him.

Hope you get your wages sorted. I agree you should sort it now so they don't take it off you when the baby is here and you could do with the cash more then I'm sure.

xx

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 8:09pm

Hi Shelley - the first part of my show was like you described. That happened friday afternoon. Then Sat morning I had the full yucky jelly fish thing, kept having a bit more of it through the weekend and my waters broke Sunday night. I knew on Sunday evening that it was going to be that night. My body kept sort of tightening, like when you dry heave on a hang over (lol), and I felt knackered like you say you are. Sounds like not long for you hun, good luck!!
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 8:24pm

Hi Rocky and Adreamz, welcome!
Shelley, that all sounds as if things are starting for you, wow! I know what you mean about dust and things, there is so much for me to do in the house that I just can't do because of my back and then my DH says he thinks he might replace the downstairs toilet before the baby comes! I'd settle for him going through the two crates (!!!!) of papers I've sorted for him. Men!
I'm totally craving fruit pastille ice lollies..... I've had two already tonight and daren't go near the kitchen in case I succumb to another..... oink, oink........

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 9:58am

Hi everyone,

Shelley - hope all is OK and that you're not still having pains.
BooBoo - how awful that people at work are being funny with you. Yes I'm a food teacher...so when I go back it will be the kids that are 'funny' with me cos they'll be disappointed about not cooking while I've been off. Are you feeling better?
Hoping - good luck with your appointment and hope all is ok with LO's size etc.
Suki - I've not really had any cravings at all yet - except in early weeks I too was eating ice lols but I think that was to do ith not being able to drink liquids. If youre craving them eat them - they can't be that unhealthy!

Still off work today feeling groggy- have been awake most of the night coughing and have torn the muscles at top of stomach so it really hurts. I'm thinking I should go back in tomorrow though as we finish for half term on Friday anyway. Not sure what to put on my self cert form as I know that pregnancy related illness doesn't count on your official sick record. But a cough etc is not pregnancy - but my argument is that I caught it from a kid at school as my immune is down and under normal circumstances I would have gone in and struggled on but because of being pregnant I think it's hit me harder and made me more ill and is taking longer to clear because of not being able to take medicine. Any ideas what I should put?

• "BooBoo" celebrates his birthday today

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 10:13am

Morning all

shelley- how exciting you may have had a show. that would be great if your lil boy came soon rather than over due and getting fed up towards the end. Sounds like your on your nesting one wanting to do all the dusting, don;t tire yourself out though hun. can't believe work have mucked up your pay already!! i do wonder about HR at my work and whether they'll get it right. i suppose all u can do is just hang on to the £200 and not spend it cos no doubt they'll ask for it back once they realise. Hope your mw apt goes well today xxx

Hoping - sounds like your getting the hang of your diet now hun :thumbsup: and even managing some choccie buttons ;) i know what u mean about work, i have no enthusiasm for it either. roll on mid june!! Hope your hypnobirthing book helps you, are u going to any classes or just doing it by the book? whatever you think may help can only be a good thing. and as for your hubby.....it is a good job men don;t have to give birth isn;t it..lol.hope your mw apt goes well today hun xxx

rocky - sounds like u have the same thing as me hun. i wouldn't rush back to work on friday just because its the last day as thats what i did and made myself worse yesterday. I just write virus on my self cert form and assume they'll realise its because of my low immune system from pregnancy ect..... all my sickness while i've been pregnant have been pregnancy related to an extent so if ever they said i had a bad sickness record i'd argue that it was pregnancy related cos i was never off sick before. i think the reason they are been funny at my work is because they expect u to get on with it when u have a cold and still come in but its different when your pregnant and can't shake it off (cos LO's are getting all our goodness) and we can't take anything for it. hope u feel better soon hun and don;t rush back. xxx

Hiya to caz, suki, adreamz and FC79

AFM - not at work today. i think i made myself worse going back yesterday cos i sit in a cool airconditioned office and it made my dry cough worse. last nigh i felt so exhausted and was coughing all evening. then when i went to bed i sorted my pillows so i could sit up going to sleep but i still ended up coughing all night and must have had 2 hours sleep at the most. i was even coughing so hard that acid was coming up my throat and was burning. my chest is hurting now from all the coughing and i'm so tired. so rang in sick again this morning...that'll give my collegues something to moan about ...lol. going to the dr's today again and hoping for a sick note for the rest of the week so i can get better without worrying about rushing back to work.

well i haven't much else to report. off to docs later and going to rest and try and catch up on some sleep.

take care ladies xxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

suki

Ace

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 11:14am

hey everyone!
Rocky I'd just put "viral illness" on your self cert, they can't actually argue with that, as pregnant or not if you're not fit to work, then thats that.
Shelley, put us out of our misery! any more news?

AFM, DH has just told me that he has been put down to work the weekend in between his two weeks paternity leave and has to try and swap it himself. I and am absolutely raging as his colleague that does the rota is a complete a*****e and DH is now doing this Friday on call too as an extra despite the fact I am away on a girls night on the Friday to Edinburgh and he is already on Sat through to Sunday morning. he is a consultant in A&E so he does a normal working day then covers the department overnight, which invariably means he is called in for someone at some point. I have left him to sort out his mother for childcare as I refuse to see it as my problem when he has known about me being away for months. I know that makes me sound like a bad mum.... but I have had it with his work and selfish colleagues who don't seem to bother about patient care or safety when someone is off sick, they seem to think its always someone elses problem instead of them having an obligation to the public...... Grrrrrr!

His colleague refuses point blank to do anything extra, so expects DH to always take up the slack as he is the clinical director. He is also now covering a week on Sunday too, when we have invited a whole load of his family, from Manchester and Dundee for a big Sunday lunch and he won't even be here so I'll be doing it all myself. His cousin is only 42 and has breast and lung cancer so it's not like I can or even want to cancel the family get together, but I can barely walk properly and its the cleaning and tidying of the house thats worrying me. My darling MIL has told me that I better clean properly as dh's Aunt is totally OCD about being clean & tidy. Not that she has volunteered to help in any way shape or form.
Ahhhhhhhhh :hairout sorry to rant, but feeling tired, sore, overwhelmed and altogether :tears: today. I love my DD to bits but I'm finding it hard work being at this stage of pregnancy and so sore to run around after her.
Sorry ladies, think it could be chocolate-o'clock for me to cheer myself up!
I hope everyone else is ok? Hoping, FC, Adreamz and anyone else I've forgotten in my angry state!
Booboo hope you got signed off?
Take care everyone. xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "suki" (May 25th 2011, 11:16am)

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 1:58pm

No news from me ladies xx sorry!

Been to the mw this morning and she said she thinks LO will be long and skinny which is good! his head is engaged so its just a matter of waiting now.

i had the worst nights sleep last night so am off for a lie in a mo, dh is at college so got the house to myself. I have a bad head as had hardly any sleep so gonna relax for a couple of hours xxx

Love to you all xxx

FC79

Ace

Reg: May 19th 2009

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 2:10pm

Hi all, still waiting! Now 4 days overdue. I've been trying to keep busy so havent been on here for a couple of days.

Suki-that sounds really stressful about your DH's work, and as for the meal for his family there is no way I could do that. If you do still have it, I would do it in as easy way possible for yourself, if certain family members arent happy, then thats their problem. Your heavily pregnmzant, have another child to look after, they should be cooking for you and letting you rest, not putting more pressure on aboout the housework!

Booboo, that virus sounds really nasty, rest up and dont worry about work.

Welcome Rocky and adreamz!

Hi Hoping- how exciting that you'll be doing the baby's room soon, I loved it the day we did that. Talking of men and pain thresholds, last night I was having loads of braxton Hicks and said to DH that they cant be proper contractions as they dont hurt, I said they are just mildly uncomfortable tightening like if you gently squeeze your arm. He then squeezed his arm and shouted OWWW! I said to him too lucky men dont have to give birth!

Shelley- Im jealous, I want a show!! Hope its the start of things for you, how exciting keep us posted!

hello to Caz, hope your enjoying being a new Mummy again.

AFM- I got really excited last night as I started to get really strong braxton hicks, I noticed they were coming quite often and so I timed them. They started off around 20 mins, then 16, then they got to be exactly 6 minutes apart everytime. They lasted for about an hour and a half and I really thought they would get stronger and turn into labour, but no such luck, they all stopped again! arrgghh!

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 4:30pm

hi all

well at last i think im over here!! lol not long now!

have finally had to give in and will be now taking my maternity from 1 job in 3 weeks the other in just over 4 weeks!!! saw physio she said i either take it easy or she will admit me in to hospital!!!! hummmm didnt want that so im trying my best to take it easy ish anyway! easier said than done at my jobs tho

hope everyone is well?? can anyone tell me how many weeks you have to be before drinking rasberryu leaf tea!? im all stocked up but forgot when i can take it!!!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

suki

Ace

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 5:00pm

Welcome mum82,
my friend who is a midwife said one cup of raspberry tea a day from 32 weeks on then after 37 weeks you can up it to more (up to 4 times a day) As my LO is measuring small, she's advised me to just stick with one cup til 38 weeks.... I took it last time, no idea if it helped or not, but I'm back on it again and have bought my clary sage oil too, but I'm not allowed to sniff that before 39 weeks, again as tiddler is on the small side. :sadface: I quite like the raspberry leaf tea too......

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 5:45pm

Afternoon ladies,
Booboo, how often do you get the braxton hicks/AF pains? When did they start? I'm quite nervous about them coming too soon because I've been told once they start it is usually about 4 weeks before LO comes. I get flutters low down and when I felt them they were like little kicks, but my babies head is down so it might just be the arms. Oh well lets hope they cant feel LO through your tummy of steel then you get to see LO again on TV!!
Shelly, sound promising with the show, fingerscrossed it will happen soon for you. You are very good if you could upholster a chair, which I had that talent!!
Rocky, occi health sound like they were not very helpful, why has no-one suggested more support for you again, one that is not also pregnant? I would put down viral infection on your return to work, but only go back when you are truely ready!!
Hoping and Booboo I finish work for AL on 20th June :thumbsup: , I'm doing some extra shifts to earn some pennies for the 3 months that it is just SMP but extras never feel as bad as actual work!! How many weeks will you both be then?
Hoping, which hynotherapy book did you go for? I would be quite interested in doing it but courses are very expensive and so I had kind of forgotten about that idea.
Suki, fruit pastille lollies are a healthy craving so eat as many as you like!! [zx161] I think you will find that if DH speaks to HR he is not allowed to work at all on paternity leave, so he shouldn't have to do any extra in a swap!! How annoying that he has to work on sunday. Take it easy with the cleaning and tell the MIL she can come and help if she is that concerned!!
FC96 4 days overdue, I feel for you. Did you know that in america they give you a due month (i.e 4 weeks due date) I think this would be better as it must get so frustrating waiting :whistling: . Fingerscrossed xfingers it will happen soon for you.
Mum82, hi, think I shall order some raspberry leaf tea in then if we can start it in 4 weeks time :snigger: .
AFM: went to the MW this morning, babies was all good and measure at the 50%. She said that to monitor movement it is 10 in 10 hours and all 10 can be together!! I think I'll stick with the chart that I have started, it puts my mind at rest anyway!! The funniest thig was the MW asked me to call Natalie her next pregnant mum in and when she came to the door I realised she was an old friend who I went to guides with :faint: . We got chatting breifly and she is due 3 days before me and likes down the road that I am hoping to live off (if the move all goes to plan). I'm sure that we will be meeting up again and it will be nice to know someone who will be at the same stage as me!!
My sister is stressing me out X( , we have my aunts funeral tomorrow and its my dads SIL, my mum and dad are divorced and she keeps leaving my mum out of the funeral plans even though my mum was closer to my auntie than my dad!! Anyway, she told my mum that I would drive myself to the funeral and my mum should go seperate incase I got tired and wanted to leave early??? Well she really doesn't know me all that well and she wants to be my second brithing partner (I think not), I've got a hen weekend in Cardiff this weekend and I'm sure that I wont be going home in the afternoon from that!!! Sorry about that rant, she has never had chilrdren and I am slowing down a little but a funeral wont exactly make me that tired!!!
Anyway ladies, hope you all have a good evening and there are more signs for those who are close xfingers xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 8:48pm

suki yehhh i like the tea too and had it with my 1st too!!! i also have my clary sage oil ready lol but only used it in labour didnt know you could use it before!? when do you use it and how before labour! i found it really helped in my last labour even if the staff all thought i was mad sniffing my cotton wool ball xxxx

adreamz ive had braxton hicks from 5months and my midwife said its fine!! and nothing to worry about at all. i had them last time at 3owks and my son came at 37 weeks!! are you feeling better

xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 8:56am

Morning ladies

Welcome Mum82. A few people coming over here now who I remember from the 2nd tri. How exciting! xx

Adreamz - I'm using annual leave before my maternity leave so have 3 and a bit weeks holiday before my maternity leave officially starts on 15 July. The book I got is by Mongan or something like that. It's a book and CD that I got off Ebay. I don't plan on attending any classes. I'll just read the book and listen to the CD a few times I think. Hope your aunt's funeral goes OK xx

FC - I hope labour starts soon. I can imagine I will be feeling tired and grumpy as it nears my due date xx

Suki - your DH's colleague sounds like a right idiot. Hope the chocolate cheered you up xx

Booboo - how you feeling hun? Just think you only have 3 weeks left in work!! And me 3 weeks and 1 day smile2 Well, I actually finish at 12pm today and am on holiday until Tuesday so have another long weekend to look forward to xx

Rocky - hope your cough starts to clear soon too hun xx

AFM - I went to my first antenatal class last night and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. The 2 midwives that hosted it weren't very good I thought. They sat us down in a circle (think there was about 12 couples in total) and they had a flipchart and they basically just read from notes and held up a few pictures of how a baby is positioned in your belly and the different ways it can come out (back to back etc). I knew most of what they told us as I'm always on the web and have a couple of books. I think the only thing I learnt was the different stages of labour and when things happen. So for example you can have a show a few weeks before labour actually starts. Also, if you're having contractions but they go from painful one minute to not so bad the next then that's not proper labour, they want it to be consistent and as painful as the last. They also said it's better if you stay at home for as long as possible as you're more relaxed and that can speed things up though to be honest I think as soon as I start getting contractions I will want to be at the hospital and feel more relaxed there knowing that a doctor or midwife is closeby. I suspect they tell you this because they also don't want you to take up any beds! Our hospital is a good hours drive away in rush hour, but only half an hour with no traffic, so I'm hoping I don't go into labour on a week day LOL! The middle of the night would be best cos we can whizz there LOL! DH is worrying about getting me to the hospital in time but I'm sure we'll be fine. I'll do my best to cope with the first stages of labour at home if I can.

So hopefully next weeks class will be more informative - pain relief!! I'm really looking forward to the breastfeeding one the week after. A colleague has just brought me in a CD to watch on breastfeeding actually and she said it's brilliant - Breastfeeding without tears with Clare Byam-Cook. She breastfed for a year with her two sons so I'll let you know what I think of it.

Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday weekend ladies. I'm only in work till 12pm today and then I'm off till Tuesday smile2

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 10:26am

Morning ladies

it is getting busier in here and more familiar faces :thumbsup:

I've been signed off work by the dr's until tuesday so i'm happy about that. i'm just putting my feet up and resting. i really hope i get rid of this awful cold and annoying dry cough by sunday cos i have a wedding night doo to go to and i've been looking forward to it. i actually managed to get some sleep last night so i feel a bit better for it today. the cough is still lingering though and is quite annoying and painful on my chest.

i had more AF pain/braxton hicks last night. they do go away though after 1/2 hour or so. they are a bit uncomfortable though.

adreamz - i've been having the BH/AF pains sinse saturday hun. i hope it means LO will be here in 4 weeks - i'd be 36 weeks then so it would be safe for her to arrive. my mum is convinced i will have her a couple of weeks early - she's a bit 6th sense my mum and usually gets predictions right so we'll see....lol. as for 10 movement in 10 hours i go by my own instinct rather than just counting 10 kicks. i know that my LO kicks on a morning then for a couple of hours in an afternoon and then also before bed. if i felt her 10 times in a morning but then nothing in the afternoon or evening i know that wouldn't seem right for my LO and i would still call the mw even though technically she's done 10 kicks. there's a website called 'count the kicks' and it explains about it. i bought a 'kick bracelet' from the website so i can keep an eye on how many kicks she does so i don't loose count. Hope your aunts funeral goes well today hun xxx

hoping - you must have had lots of holidays at work left to take!! do u get alot of annual leave or had u just not used any up with u been pregnant? i get 25 days a year to take but had to use alot of them for my first IVF last july and then for my this tx in september.....it was obviously worth me using them up though. are u taking the 9 months off mat leave or just seeing what u feel like and maybe having the full 12 months? i don;t think we need to decide yet though so probably going to see how i feel next year.....and see how skint we are...lol. enjoy your long weekend anyway hun.have u lots of nursery and baby shopping planned? xxx

mum82 - good to see you over here hun. glad your sorting out your mat leave, you don't want to be wearing yourself out xxx

suki - whats the rasberry tea leaf and sage oil for hun? that sounds like a right pain your hubby been put down to work the weekends of his pat leave. that doesn;t seem right to me. i work in a place where some people are contracted to work 1 in 4 weekends but when they were off on parernity leave it was up to the employers to find the cover not the guys going on pat leave themselves. surely your hubby should not be expected to go work the weekend on his pat leave....just doesn't seem right when he's entitled to leave when you've had LO. hope u get the get to gether sorted too hun. you shouldn;t have to organise everything. the back end of pregnancy is hard enough as it is but u also have a small child to look after. your MIL should be offering you help not expecting u to make sure everything is clean and tidy. can your hubby not have a word? you sound like super woman if u manage to do it all yourself. don;t be wearing yourself out hun xxx

FC79 - any news hun? xx

shelley - glad your scan went well. hope its not long for you too xx

suki

Ace

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 10:46am

Mum82, I had the clary sage on a saucer with some water in, in on a radiator whatever room I was in ( it was Jan though!) This time my mate has said just drip it onto a tissue or something and have it close by. I have to say the smell drove me mad! but hey ho! I didn't go past my due date! hurrah!

Hoping, The main bits that our hypnobirthing midwife has told us to concentrate on is the Rainbow relaxation and deepening techniques ( on a daily basis) The perineal stretching, breathing techniques and positions for birthing too. Your hubby should be doing this with you too as he actually plays a big part in the hypno birthing role. I'm sure there are lots of ladies on FZ who could give you some more advice if you are not doing the classes. I have to say I suspect I'll still be asking for a remifentanyl PCA when I get to the Hospital! but I'm hoping that the hypnobirthing techniques will keep me at home for longer this time. I'm keeping an open mind about the whole thing again, who knows? Lozza on here is going for a homebirth with hypnobirthing as she has been getting on so well with it, so maybe I'll manage better than I think. I found the american ladies voice on the cd a bit annoying and I do relax more when its DH's voice instead. Something we both found quite amusing as he is driving me mad just now!
We finally found my birthing ball thingy, covered in paint ( thanks DH) and missing the pump connector thing we need, so off to get another one today. I have to say I find sitting back to front on a dining chair pretty comfortable for my rubbish back so I've been doing that, determined that this LO will not be OP!

Now, no laughing ladies, I'm off to Edinburgh tomorrow to see Michael ball in concert with two friends who are absolutely nuts about him. I've been with then loads before and to be honest he has a great voice, can't dance for toffee, but does a great show. We are having a wee girly night in the hilton so I'm looking forward to escaping for one night. I've bought the girls some ear plugs though as DH says I sound like a tractor just now zzzz :teehee: Sometimes I even wake myself up......
Anyway someone is actually coming to see my Quinny Speedi tonight, at last! so I may have some spending money to take with me! so xfingers as the last person that wanted it on Gumtree persuaded me to deliver it to her ( not even in Glasgow where I live ) then didn't answer her phone at the last minute... Grrrrr! I'm desperate to get rid of it as its taking up so much room with the carry cot etc, so xfingers pleased girls.
Hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday weekend, maybe if we all wish really hard together, we might get some sun instead of all the :windy: weather.
Suki xxx

suki

Ace

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 10:57am

Booboo, we must have been posting at the same time! My DH is the clinical director as well as an A&E consultant, so he is responsible for two A&E departments too. Unfortunately it would appear that this means that whenever there is a staff shortage or problem, he ends up filling in the gaps personally as locums keep failing to turn up and his colleagues are a nightmare. I had a right go at him last night so he's going to check with HR as to what happens if he is still down to work a weekend when he is on pat leave. he is resigning from the post in september I think, three years of taking all the crap from hospital managers is quite enough. It all gets dressed up as being about patient care, but its really about money and government targets. he loves the clinical side of his work still and doesn't mind having to go into work in the middle of the night, a frequent occurance if a patient needs him, but the politics are driving him crazy. Anyhoo, glad you got signed off Mrs, take care and just get better. xxx

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 12:04pm

Sounds like your hubby works very hard suki. he should deffo pay a visit to HR though. i just don;t see how u'd be expected to work or do cover on pat leave..... imagine if he was a woman then they wouldn;t expect him to do the cover if he was on mat leave would they so it should be the same rules. hope he gets it sorted out hun cos its stress u really don;t need and it sounds like her deserves his 2 weeks off.

enjoy your michael ball concert tomorrow.... not laughing ..honest!! :snigger:

xxx

FC79

Ace

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 12:11pm

Morning all, no news from me again. I went for a long walk again last night and my bump started really hurting and feeling tight and heavy. Still nothing happened tho. I really think this baby will stay in until its evicted! I have a new pain now tho, in the lady bits! They feel bruised as if I've been kicked there! Anyone else have this?

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 6:00pm

FC - I sometimes get a pressure feeling in my lady bits. I wonder if it's his head pressing down there as at the midwife yesterday she said his head was down there but not engaged. Have you tried eating pineapple? The midwife at the class last night said that can apparently bring on labour. Never heard of that before mind. I'm sure google will tell you why. She also said BD is good because the swimmers can trigger it apparently!! It's just whether you can be bothered LOL! DH and I haven't BD for weeks. We've only done it once while I've been pregnant because we just don't feel comfortable with it. We plan to make up for it once baby is here though :winking: xx

Booboo - my holidays run Jan to Jan and I had 30 days to use before I finish otherwise I would've lost them. I've had lots of long weekends and am using 3 weeks before my maternity leave. I also get owed back to me the 4 bank holidays at the back end of the year - August and 3 days at Christmas (eve, day and boxing), so have added them to my 3 weeks holiday, which basically means I have almost a month of holidays before maternity leave starts on 15 July. I'm taking a full year off too but adding holidays at the end so in total I am off for 58 weeks. I go back at the end of July next year. From 39 weeks I will be without and pay but I'm sure we'll manage. DH has a well paid job so can support us for those few weeks. I also have the option of '10 back to work days', which means I can go in for say a day or two every couple of weeks and get paid for them. It's a good way of me catching up on work after a long time off too. Glad you had a better nights sleep. You have a nice relaxing bank holiday weekend hun xx

Cheers Suki - I will look out for the bit about Rainbow relaxation in my book. I didn't know DH had to play apart. I have a feeling he will just make me laugh though rather than relax me LOL! As you and Lozza are a few weeks ahead of me it will be interesting to find out if hypnobirthing worked for you xx

Well the nursery has now been plastered so the walls are lovely and smooth ready to be painted. I got some testers from B&Q on my way home this afternoon. Some creams for the main walls and pale blues for the fireplace wall as I want a feature wall with pictures and to add a bit of colour. The decorator is coming next weekend and then we'll sort getting a lovely clean cream fluffy carpet put down with a nice thick underlay so it's nice and soft underfoot. Then I can start doing the finishing touches which is my favourite bit. I fancy some pale blue gingham curtains I think so there will be splashes of pale blue here or there but it's mainly cream. I can visualise it already and can't wait.

Being naughty tonight and having a chippy tea. Not good for my GD I know but surely I can have a naughty treat sometimes :licklips:

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 6:09pm

hi all

suki when did you start teh clary sage oil???? (how many weeks) my midwife today told me i can start the rasberry leaf tea now up to 3 cups in 3rd tri si be starting thats soon but think i will just start on 1 cup for a while!!

hoping yes BD is good and my hubby is well happy as i want it lots lately lol!!! last time he said when i was near due i was just using him to get baby out lol ( i was!!!!!) wow the nursery sounds lovely. im making pizza and chips for tea (naughty 2) but having a salad with it lol

back from midwife who told me she thinks my iron levels are low!! she took blood but suggested i go get flurodix (i think thats how its spelt) iron liquid and start that straight away!! kidda makes sense ive been feeling so exhusted lately and really really sick & bit dizzy too.

hope everyone is well & fingers crossed for you FC79 hope it wont be long!!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 7:48pm

Hi all,

Well, ive had an eventful night!
Had a proper show yesterday afternoon, which scared the life out of me! It wasnt what I was expecting so was very worried until i called the hospital and told them and they said it was fine. I was expecting (from what the antenatal classes said) to have a jelly like discharge with blood streaks in it and I actually got allot of pink discharge not jelly or water, somewhere inbetween! Nightmare!! :huh: Well after that I was still a little paniced but was told to relax and ring back if i had any bleeding or pains. Went to bed at about 10 and kept getting niggly pains under my bump that were pretty constant and i couldnt get rid of, very uncomfortable. I ended up ringing over to the hospital again at 1.30am and they said that it sounded like LO was lying on a nerve and to take paracetamol and try to get some sleep, if it hadnt gone in an hour, to give them a call back. It took about an hour and half but managed to get back to sleep and the pains stopped. I woke up about 4.30am and felt really hot so asked DH to open the windows then 30 mins later was violently shaking, i just couldnt control my temperature whcih worried me. I called over the hospital and they asked me to go in to get checked over so i've been over there all morning having tests done, they did an internal (which really REALLY hurt) and they said i have loads of discharge up there (DH said it looked like a brownish colour) so i'm being treated for thrush now. I couldnt stop crying when i came out, felt really sorry for myself. Have had some more pains, nothing thats lasted so just relaxing and trying to catch up on sleep.

Sorry for the lack of personals, hope everyone is ok x the light from the pc screen is giving me a worse headache so am gonna log off now xxx

Take care all xxxxxxxxx

suki

Ace

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 8:54pm

Shelley, poor you, no wonder you're feeling sorry for yourself. It surely can't be long now for you.
Mum 82, the Clary sage sniffing :snigger: was from 38 weeks. Glad to meet another mad sniffer!
I've had a terrible day with my back and now DH is furiously cleaning for my MIL coming tomorrow as I can't move. Time for an ice lolly or two methinks...

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, May 27th 2011, 8:12am

Quick one for Shelley - sorry to hear about your thrush. Do they say what causes it? Hopefully the fact that they have sent you home means you'll be OK but still a worrying time for you I'm sure. I hope you start to feel better soon and you don't have to wait much longer to meet your LO :cuddle xx

Friday, May 27th 2011, 9:49am

Morning all,

shelley - aww, poor you. hope u get the thrush sorted hun. i heard that them internals hurt. i reckon your baby should be on his way though soon. take care hun and hopefully you'll get to meet your wee man very shortly xxx

Hoping - your nursery sounds like its going to be lush hun. bet you can't wait to get it sorted. mines been at a stand still for the past couple of weeks cos we're waiting for the cot to be delivered but i'm so eager to get it finished. btw... u've learnt me something about mat leave. i have 10 back to work days i can take too but i didn;t realise i'd get paid for them :snigger: i always wondered what was the point in them cos why would u want to go back to work for 10 days on your leave if u don;t get paid for them.....i understand them now...lol. hope your enjoying your long weekend anyway hun xxxx

suki - hope your having a better day with your back hun. don't know how u manage running around after your LO and been pregnant with a bad back. i get exhausted with just myself to lookafter..lol. enjoy yourself tongiht on your girly night xxx

mum - hope the iron supplement makes u feel better soon hun. xxx

FC79 - hope your not waiting too much longer for LO. It must be way too comfy in there xxx

AFM - I've been having mild AF pains sinse last saturday. i spoke to a MW at the hosp as well as my MW about it and both said unless they become stronger and regular then not to worry and they are prob braxton hicks. i'm getting them more often though now (not regular though) and they are still not strong enough to worry about labour but i am starting to get a little worried. i just always thought BH was in your bump not below it. i've been googling and reading a book i have about pregnancy and non if them describe BH the way i'm getting it. Have any of your ladies had AF type pains before at this stage (i'm 33 weeks on monday). i have no blood / water loss or anything just the ache like a period pain.

anyway i'm starting to feel better and get over my virus but had a night of coughing last night. at least i'm not at work though so i can rest today.

Should i be drinking rasberry tea? whats it for? i tried to google but it confused me ...lol

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (May 27th 2011, 9:51am)

FC79

Ace

Friday, May 27th 2011, 10:47am

Morning all- still here!

Booboo- I had pains low down like that at 31 weeks. The midwife suggested it could be a urine infection and to get it checked. It wasnt an infection but turned out the head had engaged early and was causing me pain. Could be a couple of possibilities there for you? I get af pains all the time now, on and off but the braxton hicks I get really do make my whole bump rock solid and uncomfortable for a minute or 2. I wouldnt let them fob you off if you are worried, but then again remember you have probably got quite a sizeable baby in there now and not much room left, your bound to feel some aches and pains, thats what I had to keep telling myself everytime I was worried.

Shelley- sorry to hear things are tough at the moment, it must have been such a worry. Hope things get better for you.

Mum82- hope the iron tablets sort you out, although watch out for constipation when your on them, you may need lots of extra fruit!

Hoping- thanks for the suggestions, my baby has been engaged since 31 weeks and I had that feeling of the head pressing down since then. This is a bit different, although hopefully its just where its moved even further down and trying to get out! I have tried everything to induce labour, pineapple, sex, long walks, running up and down stairs, curry, bouncing on my ball like a mad woman! I guess it will come when its ready. The nursery sounds like it will be lovely. Hope you enjoyed your fish and chips!

Hi to Suk and adreamz, hope your both well today.

AFM- I have the midwife coming to see me today, around midday or whenever she gets out of clinic. Im a bit nervous cos I think she will do an internal exam, which is fine in the surgery, but it just feels a bit weird at home on my sofa! im really hoping she will say I've already started dilating as that happened to my mum and sister, I wont get my hopes up tho. She is going to give me a date to be induced today as well, which I have really mixed feelings about and have been worrying about. In one way I would like her to book me in in a couple of days and get it over with as I have started to feel really uncomfortable at night now, and the baby feels really big. Its head is really low down but at the same time it sticks its big bum out and gets it jammed under my ribs, which kills! We have a history of very big baby's in my family (10lb+) and Im only a size 8! Im scared that the longer its in there the bigger its getting and it might cause problems that way. On the other hand, I wanted a really natural birth, preferably in the pool and I know that once they break your waters, its out of my control as if the contractions dont start within a certain amount of time, they will have to give me oxytocin to start them, which makes them really strong and they suggest an epidural for that. Another worry I have is that my DH's sister is autistic, so from the start I decided that I wasnt going to do or take anything during pregnancy that I could blame if the child turned out to have autism. I didnt want to look back and blame myself and think if only I hadnt done this or taken that. So I opted out of the flu jab, havent touched a drop of alcohol, havent taken any medication apart from the really occasional paracetamol. Now Im worried as I saw on the internet that autism could be linked to levels of oxytocin in the brain. There's no concrete studies been done that prove anything, but again I dont know if after being so careful throughout the pregnancy I want them to pump me full of drugs at the end. I dont know, there's always a worry throughout this whole pregnancy thing, and Im sure it will only get worse when the baby is here!

i'll let you know what the midwife says later, hope you all have a good day.

FC79

Ace

Friday, May 27th 2011, 2:24pm

Hi, just to update. Im booked in for 10am Wed!! Im hoping it happens naturally before then, but if not its only 5 days til we finally meet our baby! I discussed my fears with the Midwife and she said the oxytocin drip is the last measure, most women have regular contractions themselves once the waters are broken. Fingers crossed I dont need too much intervention. xfingers

Friday, May 27th 2011, 4:31pm

Hi everyone,

FC79 - how exciting that you've got a date! Although I hope it happens naturally before then for you as you sound uncomfortable now. I guess when you get to that stage you just want it to happen. Can the MW not predict if the baby is going to be big? I thought they could give you an idea of that in the final weeks? (I'm hoping for a small one! Not too small to cause any problems but small enough for an easier birth).

BooBoo- how are you feeling now? Sounds like I've had the same virus as you. Gad you're signed off now - the doc should have done that for you in the first place. Know what you mean about the night time coughing - it's a killer - mine's not been too bad in the day but as soon as night comes I get really bad again. Hope the AF type pains are easing for you as well.

Shelley - sounds like you're having an awful time of it you poor thing. I've heard thrush is common in pregnancy but didn't know it could give you the symptoms you described with the shaking etc. You must have been really scared. Rest up and get yourself better xx

Hoping - your maternity leave sounds brillant with your holidays. It's going to be great for you spending so much time with LO. I've put my leave request in for Aug and will go back the following Sep but not all paid so may end up going back earlier - we'll see. Did you say you'd had a tour of Stepping Hill yet? Think I might do one this week as it's half term.

AFM- still bad with this chesty cough but have been in work yesterday and today and am starting to feel a little better now. Had a MW appointment this morning. I really don't rate my MW - she's nice but seems very dizzy and a bit disorganised. She took some blood and had to do it 3 times which hurt and I'm covered in sore bruises now. Found out this morning that the doctor's surgery is moving to a new building next week further away from where I live so not sure whether to find another surgery that's closer and then I would get a different MW as well. (Not keen on my doc either). When will the MW discuss birth options with me - so far nothing's been mentioned about labour or pain relief or any of it - maybe it's too early? Anyway hope you all enjoy the bank holiday extra long weekend xx

United Kingdom

Friday, May 27th 2011, 5:33pm

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind words my lovelies xx Am feeling allot better today, managed to get a better nights sleep and feel alot better for it :) Still getting some headaches but thankfully, not as bad. Think I might have something wrong with my ear as i cant hear very well out of the left one, maybe thats causing them.

FC79 - Wednesday!! 8| .... not too long to wait, hopefully all will start happening before then. Good luck xx

BooBoo - Hope your BH calms down a bit, must be really scary. Ive only had it once or twice and it was all along the side and bottom of my tummy x Glad your feeling better and getting over your virus.

Hoping - Thank you, I was told last time I went to the hospital (27 weeks, when i had a bleed) that I might have thrush but they never gave me anything for it. This time they cleaned what was there and gave me the pessary. I need to ring back Monday to find out what the swab picked up.

Suki - Get stuck into those lollies..... think i might have 1 :snigger:

Rocky - My MW has been going through birthing plan, pain relief, BF'ing etc since about 34ish weeks x Glad your feeling a bit better. Sounds like your thoughts about moving to a new Dr might be a good idea if your not keen on the Dr or MW. I dont think the thrush made me feel like that, maybe I was just having an ill night!

My little one is doing SO much kicking around in there today.... ouch!!

Take care all xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Friday, May 27th 2011, 5:42pm

Hello everyone! Sorry to have not posted for ages. I manage to keep up with the news on my phone on my way into/home from work each day but it takes me so long to type on my phone that there's no point starting trying to write a message!

Wow, it's been busy. Shelley - sorry about your scare and the thrush. Are they concerned about it? Yuk. I've had thrush pretty much all the way through and can't get rid of it. Means BD'ing has been pretty much out of the question but DH has been patient (or at least I hope he has and hasn't been finding it elsewhere instead!). We've been in separate rooms most weekdays too because I'm so uncomfortable (hips etc) at night that I keep waking him up. Boy was he in trouble this week when he looked at my bump and said 'wow, it's huge now. i'm looking forward to you being slender and us having fun again'!!!! Following much grilling and grief, I took it that he didn't quite mean it that way, he just thought I might be getting fed up with bump and heaviness and be looking forward to being able to drink with him again and do fun things like biking etc. But I love having a bump so I really don't mind!

Hoping, your nursery sounds lovely and it made me smile. Our poor LO will have no such luxuries! We have a little box room which I'll clear when I get a chance and we've decided not to worry about changing the carpet (a disgusting 1970's/1980's red print pattern) because we may as well do the whole of the upstairs together (getting fitters in to do a box room seemed a bit crazy). He'll have a second hand cotbed, a borrowed moses basket, probably some second hand drawers and that's about it! We bought our house last year and it was owned by an old lady who had lived here for 20 years since it had been built. So the whole house needs an upgrade/decoration and we decided a new bathroom and kitchen probably takes priority over LO's bedroom for the first 6 mths to a year at least. And at some point, we might get around to addressing the lovely pink carpet in our bedroom with the floral frilly curtains....;)

One week to go at work and that's a four day week with an antenatal class on another of those mornings. So three and a half days. Yippee!

Went to see the midwife today and have come back a bit baffled. The normal team is full of fairly young, enthusiastic midwives but there was a stand-in today who was probably in her fifties, a lovely little chinese lady. She told me my blood pressure was 120/70 (had been 140/80), my baby is anterior (not back to back as I'd been told 2 weeks earlier and despite the fact I have a hollow where my belly button is), my next appointment with the GP at 36 weeks (not with the midwife at home as I'd been told at my 32 week appointment) and my urine clear after dipping the stick for 2 seconds, checking it immediately and throwing it away (don't they take 60 seconds to develop?). All the things I want to hear to feel confident about going ahead with the home birth but all a bit at odds with the appointment just 2 weeks ago. Ok, so things can change and baby can move but does seem odd. Now I have to decide whether to trust her and fork out the £250 for my birthing pool (which I have to commit to before my next appointment) or put that on hold until I get a bit more reassurance. Hmm. Decisions!

Anyway, it's Friday night and it's sunny and it's time to attempt a BBQ before it throws it down with rain!

Have a great weekend!

Harry x

p.s. FC79 - ooh - Wednesday. So exciting!! Good luck!!
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Friday, May 27th 2011, 6:29pm

hi all

thanks girls the supplements are working well i feel loads better & eating lots of prunes in case i get the others effects of the iron!!! hehehe

harry that midwife sounds a bit strange! why dont you ring and get an appointment with ur usual one and explain your not happy!

shelly glad your feelinga bit better and i hope your getting lots of rest

rocky hows your chest now? better i hope, if you ask your midwife im sure she will talk you through it all, i spoke to mine at 29 weeks and even before about home birth and she is coming to see me at 36 weeks to talk to me and hubby about it

Afm well i just had a huge shock!! got on the scales and ive put on 2stone!!!!!!!!!! i was vert small before but havent really put on that much weight apart from my boobs and my bump so am really shock!!! never been this heavy before even with my 1st and he was a big boy!!!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Saturday, May 28th 2011, 8:22am

Hoping, your antenatal sounds disappointing, was it the free nhs one? Hope your enjoying your long weekend.
Suki, my friend was directorate manager of medicine and gave it up when he had his 3rd child as top stressful!! I hope he managed to sort it out.
Shelly, sorry to hear about your painful thrush, I hope it goes soon.
Booboo, if both mw suggest it's bh pain then that's quite positive. I'll ask around for you as I know a few mw personally.
Fc79, wow you have done your research, I'm the same as you, want everything natural and hadn't thought about induction. Fingers crossed your waters break before Wednesday
Rocky, I have been given antenatal appointments where they discuss options but I've been told the nhs ones are rubbish so opted to pay for nct classes. My mw is dizzy too!!
Harry, can you make another mw appointment with your own mw just to get checked out again? I would. Great though if it has all changed for the better.
Mum82, 2 st is ok, do you know what gender you are having? Is one suppose to make you heavier than another?
Afm, a little low as I thought the house move would happen in 3-4 weeks but told by solicitor more like 5-6 weeks. I'll be 34 weeks and can't sort out any nursery furniture until it happens. Dh is like "oh well nothing we can do" but I want to ring everyone and see if we can push it forward grrr. I don't think it helped that I went through the check list abs got aclittle panicky about what I need to get, it all seems silly to get before we move but doesn't give me ling when we do!!
Baby is moving lots, I love it. Still doing my movement chart because it makes me feel better but haven't really needed it as much.
Getting heartburn more as well, trying to hold off the gaviscon (I hate taking anything)
Off to Cardiff for a hen weekend, hopefully that will settle me down a bit. Have a fun bank holiday weekend.
Adreamz :xxx3:

Hoping77

What's Up?

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 9:31am

Adreamz - oh no I'd feel like you too re being delayed moving house. Will your LO be in your room in a moses basket first? If so that gives you more time to sort the nursery. My cot isn't being delivered until July (well, I'm assuming it is as mum and dad are buying it). I have a check list too. I've not even ticked off half the things. My plan is when I finish work in 3 weeks I will be almost 35 weeks then and that first week I am off I am going to go shopping and buy everything that is needed on that list so then I have it all. I know what you mean about buying stuff before you move. I've bought some of those plastic storage boxes and have all my baby things in there as wanted to protect it all while we had jobs done on the house. They're only about £8 from Morrisons and you can fit loads in it. You could get some of them so all your baby stuff is together and easier to move? xx

Mum - 2 stone isn't a lot. I've been worrying as I have been the same weight for the past 3 or 4 weeks but my MW said as long as my baby is growing that's fine and my uterus is measuring right for how many weeks I am. I've put on a stone and a half up to now xx

Harry - are you wanting a water birth? Do you have to pay to have one? I've just watched Home Birth Diaries on Home and Health and this lady was having a home water birth. She sounded more like she should be starring in a blue movie than giving birth LOL! I thought if DH comes down the stairs now and hears the sounds coming from the TV he'll wonder what I'm up to :laugh: She did make it look very easy to be fair despite no drugs and the water looked very soothing xx

Shelley - glad you're feeling a bit better xx

Rocky - I haven't been to Stepping Hill yet for the birth workshop, it's on 18th June. Have you booked on one as I had to ring up and give them my name and due date. Not sure if you can just turn up but do let me know if you get in this week. Re the MW discussing birth options, I asked mine on a visit about classes and that's when she gave me a number to ring. If I wouldn't have asked I'm not sure when they would've mentioned it.. The classes are at my local children's centre. Have you been on the NCT website? A friend in work recommended it and it tells you of classes in your area. Here is the link xx

Home - NCT

FC - wow you have a date!!! Unless you're in labour now LOL?! I can't wait to hear of the news of your new arrival xx

Booboo - how's the cold? Are you still getting AF cramps? I had a tight feeling again in my belly this morning. Not sure if it is a braxton hick but to the right of my belly button but a bit lower down it goes really tight like I've pulled something. I was rubbing it to try and soothe it and then when I rolled on my side to get out of bed and get up it went really tight and painful. It's eased now though. I thought BH was when your whole belly went tight so not sure what this is xx

Suki - how's the back? My back is killing me too. I went shopping yesterday with mum and within half an hour of walking around my back throbbed and I had to sit down. I'm sure my mum thinks I'm making it up as she was saying she doesn't recall having that pain when she was pregnant though her last pregnancy was 30 years ago LOL, with my brother xx

Hello to everyone else and I hope you're enjoying the bank holiday weekend. The weather is rubbish though isn't it?

Not really much to report from me. Went shopping yesterday and bought a few more things for baby - an 80 pack of nappies (£9 from Asda, pampers ones - not a bad price I thought?), some sudocrem , some cotton pleats and his first pair of trainers. They're sooooo cute and tiny as I got 0-3 months.. I keep buying bits every week or so and it is soon piling up. Still a lot more to buy though. I think I have found a car seat for DH's car. It's a Britax one from Mothercare for 0 - 4 years in black. I've got a car seat for mine already as it's the one that comes with my pram.

I bought some tester paints for the nursery and think I have found the colours I want - soft coffee for the main walls and bellflower blue for the fireplace wall. The blue is darker than what I originally had in mind but it's nice.

Not read anymore of my hypnobirthing book but will do. To be honest I am feeling a bit sceptical because I'm not sure how thinking of nice things can take your mind off the pain of labour. I know it's about not feeling tense as that can make pain worse. One thing that I will definitely be trying from the book is the soft touch massage, which DH has to do on my back. That sounds like it could help a bit so I've already had a practice run LOL! I love being massaged anyway and find it very soothing. I've told DH that I really want him to massage my back for as long as he can as I think that will help. He joked his arms will be too dead to hold the baby if he does it for hours :laugh:

Bless, as the weeks go by my DH is getting more nervous, I can tell. When I tell him how many weeks we have left, if we go full-term, he's like OMG it's almost time isn't it?! I asked him what he is nervous about and he said being a good dad and the first few weeks when we are learning how to look after a baby. I told him it's all new to me too and we'll learn together. I've suggested he read my books but he said he doesn't want to as a friend of mine told him that if you read the books and something doesn't happen like it says in the book it can send you into a panic. I can see her point but the books are very useful I think and have taught me a lot already. In fact I'm going to make him read one of the books whether he likes it or not LOL!

Anyway, I'm off to go and wake him up with a morning cuddle. I miss not sleeping in the same bed as him but we would both have a rubbish nights sleep then as I am tossing and turning because of my hipache (which is very painful I must add - does anyone else get this?) and I'm weeing about 6 times a night too.

Bye for now

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 12:25pm

Hi all,

Hoping - sounds like youve got some bargins! I got some older clothes bits for little man that were on sale from Peacocks yesterday and some nursing bra's and all of it had another 25% off!! Bargin!
We got boxes and boxes of baby wipes from costco when they were on offer too.

Adreamz - shame about your moving date. Hope you manage to get everything sorted and are happy when you get into your new home, exciting!

I'm feeling really down lately, i had some really really nasty pains last night and thought that it might be the start of things as it was happening about every 10 mins but then it stopped for a while then started up again but by about 1.30am it stopped all together! Oh well ?(
DH has been taking pics this morning of my ever expanding belly and looking at the pics, i've realised that all the weight im putting on now is going straight to my face so thats made me feel a bit low..... well really low actually :sadface:
I think of all these different things to do during the day to keep my mind occupied but when I think it through properly i know that my body just isnt up to it. My knees really hurt and my ankles get huge after about 30 mins of being on my feet, let alone how heavy my belly gets and the pulling etc.
This morning LO has been really hurting me, MW said that its his head in my pelvis, brings tears to my eyes when he really goes for it.

I'm feeling really low today, hope i can shake it off soon. Might have another 24 days left (till my induction date). :-(

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xx Take care all x

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 7:07pm

Hi all,

Harry - enjoy your last week (days!) at work. It must be a great feeling to know you're so close now. This week will fly by I'm sure and then you can finish off any bits and bobs you need to do and relax before the big day!

Mum82 - I'm feeling a bit better now. My cough is starting to clear up and it's half term so I can rest and get fully better. I've looked at my MW schedule and it says that she will discuss labour etc at 36 weeks. Is this not leavin it a bit late though as some people give birth earlier than this? 2 stone doesn't seem that much to have put on. Everything I read says between 2 and 2.5 stones so it seems like you're doing OK - don't worry .

Adreamz - try to stop stressing about your house move as there's nothing you can do about it. I can totally understand your concerns though as I'm stressing about EVERYTHING. Think I'd do what someone else suggested and put baby stuff in big plastic boxes to keep clean and safe.

Shelley - really sorry that you're feeling so low. I hope your pains have stopped - you never know...this could be early signs of things starting to happen - I hope so as it sounds like you've had enough now with your ankles and everything. try not to worry about weight on your face. It's funny cos that's exactly how I've been feeling this week (and you're much further than me). I keep looking in the mirror and thinking I look a right state. But then I have to change my frame of mind to thinking - so what I'm pregnant. There was a lady at work recently that was heavily pregnant and I noticed that she'd put weight on her face - I think it's inevitable and will probably happen to all of us. Just try to remember that we have to store this excess weight for our baby and that we will get rid of it soon. Hope you're feeling better xx

AFM - feeling a bit better now with my cough. But tired, tired, tired. Need to ring the docs on Tues to get results of blood to see if I'm anaemic - kind of hoping I am so at least there'll be a reason and a cure for my tiredness. Also feeling really sickly again. Feeling a bit sorry for myself as this pregnancy (although I'm delighted) has not been easy so far!! Enjoy the rest of your weekends xx

suki

Ace

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 10:33pm

Hey everyone,
Shelley I wish I was brave enough to post a picture of myself to make you feel better. I have started ballooning, I have a big moon face and my legs are really puffy, from the calves right down to my feet. Fat feet! Yuck! I only got all of this 5 days before DD was born and now I still have, what 3 weeks to go? OMG what size will I be by then? I'm still dragging my left leg about because of my SI joint problems so I look very very attractive. I'm demented as I have so much to do and I'm just not able to do it and I'm getting really crabby about it. Shelley, you don't have that long to go and honestly lots of your swelling is just fluid that will go quickly after you LO is born. Try not to let it get you down babes, its all worth it.

My MW last time didn't discuss a birth plan, pain relief or anything with me and this time as a second time mum I'm not even due to see her again until 2 days before my due date.... So I'm guessing I'll only find out if or when the head is engaged then.... seems a while off! I'm not even sure how I get to see around the unit I'm booked into as its a different hospital this time.

My DH has brought our crib down from the loft, having chucked the assembly instructions away from last time, so he has an exciting day ahead of him tomorrow. putting it together again. I've now got to find the fitted sheets for it and have no idea where I've put them, at least the new mattress is here! I might have a go at packing my hospital bag tomorrow, Bizarrely I have a huge bag for my DD with a baby born doll that she can feed and dress, loads of accessories like a bed, highchair and bouncy chair all as a present from the new baby, thats all organised, but not much else in the house is! mmmmm maybe my priorities are a bit out of whack!
FC I hope you go before Wednesday, but at least you know when things will be happening.
Hi to eveyone else, sorry to be crap and not do proper personals, taking my big ol' balloon feet off to bed now... night!

suki

Ace

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 10:36pm

OOh, just realised that at 37 weeks tomorrrow that actually makes me term doesn't it? woo - hoo! just wish tiddler wasn't so weeny so I could go early without worrying.

Monday, May 30th 2011, 7:43pm

hello ladies.

thought id pop by and say hi as i've been tired all weekend so not really had chance to bob in. i always read whats going on on my phone but its too complicated to reply unless i'm on the laptop..lol.

shelley - hope yor feeling better chick. try not to worry aboutfeeling bloated. its all mostly water retention that soon goes once the LO is here. they say if u have a lot of water retention then it should drop off once the baby is here. i too am really swollen and i think i have lots of water retention. i have hardly any shoes my huge feet can fit into and my fingers look like little swollen sausages... it so common in perganncy hun so i'd try not to worry.

suki - hurray to been full term tomorrow.

hoping - sounds like u've had a good shop hun and the nursery is coming on well. have u had any more BH type pains? i'm still getting the AF pains but its usually after been on my feet so it might just be a bit of bump ache too...lol.

rocky - good to hear your feeling better hun. a nice week off ahead too should get you tip top for going back next week. hope u sort your tirdness out hun

adreamz - hope u enjoyed your hen weekend hun.

mum - i'd put on 2 stone by 28 weeks ish. i think i've but on about 2 stone 4 ish now. i'm mostly bump too so its quiet suprising but i also have a lot of water retention so maybe thats where its come from too. i was hoping to just put on 2 stone for the whole of the pregnancy but thats not happening...lol.

fc79 - how exciting u will be induced on wed. hope your lo comes before then for you but good luck for wed if LO is too comfy in there. i can't wait to see your birth anouncement.

AFM - been relaxing and getting over my virus. feeling better for it but i have a lingering cough now X( me and hub have been out today for a baby shop. we got loads and now have almost everything we need. i just need to get a few more extra's but not much now.

i was loooking at the gro-bags today - couldn;t decide whether to invest in some or not so i'm going to ask my mw what she thinks. my mum was saying the old fasion way of sheets and blankets are best and new things can somtimes cause probs....but thats probably just her liking the way she did things so i'm undecided. how many of you ladies are going to use gro-bags?

also i've been looking at sound monitors that come with breathing boards. u can also buy a little sensor that clips to your babies nappy and alarms if baby stops breathing instead of breathing boards, these can be used in moses baskets as well as cots whereas the breathing boards can only be used in a cot. i've been thinking of getting either the sensor for the nappy or the breathing board but i'm undecided which one to get there too...... i must sound very neurotic..lol.

anyway back to work tomorrow . only 2 and 1/2 weeks left though. so glad. i'm getting really tired now and my feet keep swelling and i'm so uncomfy.

hope u all enjoyed your bank holiday

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

suki

Ace

Monday, May 30th 2011, 10:44pm

Booboo,
I have to say I love the grobags, my DD is still in hers as she sleeps horizontally across her cot bed at times still and I never worry about her waking or getting cold. Some babies just don't seem to like them tho. I am totally neurotic and had a monitor with the movement sensor board under DD until she turned 2...... we started off with a tommee tippee one which was great when she was small. then just used the sound bit when she got bigger, but along with a hisense ( I think thats what its called ) movement monitor for a cot bed which is basically two huge boards. I have a good natured husband who humoured my paranoia!
Did everyone have a good weekend?

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 8:34am

morning all hope everyone had a great weekend

was having a bit of a stress this morning as LO still hadnt moved from lunch time yesterday!!!! she has finally done a little kick this morning so put my mind at rest a little. im 30 weeks today so is she running out of room in there now????? anyone know??!!

booboo ive now put on over 2 stone and am all baby too!!! maybe lots of water or a big baby!!?? hehe hope ur feeling better, we have a monitor which is 10yrs old but has a sensor board but i found when my son started wriggling the alarm would go off cos he had wriggled of the sensor!! but it was 10 yrs old. ohhh hubby just said we are going to buy a new one!!! yehhhhhh

suki wow 37 weeks any day then now!!! my son came at 37 + 3 so when i get to that stage ill be a nightmare lol
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 9:50am

Morning peeps

suki - thanks for the gro-bag info. i might buy just the one and try it. they are very expensive so i dont want to go out and buy a few of them for buba not to like them...lol. as for the breathing monitors.... did your dd always sleep in a cot from the beggining? cos u can't use the boards in moses baskets as far as i'm aware and my LO will be in one for the first 2-3 months so i want something to use in a moses basket. the respisense is like a clip on the nappy that monitors the babies breathing motion so i'm looking into that too. its so confusing what to buy, i didn't realise baby monitors were as confusing as choosing a buggy... :snigger:

mum - i know lo's run out of room after 30ish weeks but my mw told me she still wants 10 kicks a day. its good your LO gave u a jab this morning though, bet that was a relief. i find buba sometimes has a quiet day if she's been particularly active the day before but i always get 10 kicks out of her. if your LO is been quiet i'd drink somthing cold and fizzy and maybe some chocolate and have a rest and then she should kick into action. i always use the chocolate and fizzy drink trick :happy: If your ever in doubt though ring the hosp because they'd rather have 100 false alarms than 1 person not report somthing. i'm totally paranoid though at the moment about counting kicks. i can get myself really worked up somtimes. just make sure u get 10 good jabs today hun

Hope everyone else is good. xxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 1:34pm

Hello

Shelley - sorry to hear you're feeling down. My friend is due any day now and extremely fed up. I must admit I am starting to get fed up (cos of hip ache and back ache and not being able to sleep properly) so god knows what I will be like when I'm at your stage LOL xx

Rocky - I was at Stepping Hill this morning for a scan and check up on my GD. I enquired about the active birth workshop that I am booked on on 18th June and that is actually a collation of the inidvidual antenatal classes that I have booked on in my local area. So, I've decided to cancel the individual classes (seeing as last weeks was a disappointment) and just go to SH and have them all at once. She said they give you a tour of the maternity ward at the end but that I can also drop in at 6:30pm some evening in the week for a tour of the ward (can't remember the exact days) and you don't need to book. Just thought I'd let you know. Have you had your blood test results back yet? xx

Suki - yes I think 37 weeks is full-term, or 38 weeks. How exciting xx

Mum - I would say since 30 weeks I feel my LO more as he gets stronger. I personally think because he has less room you feel the kicks and movement more. He does have quieter days sometimes. Like Booboo says something cold usually makes them move. When I drink chilled water my LO has a wriggle soon after xx

Booboo - so you went on a spending spree did you? I'm doing mine the first week I am off as I want to ensure I have everything in, just in case I go into labour early. I would be stressing if I didn't have a certain item and I went into labour LOL! I've considered the breathing monitors but my mum said she thinks I'm being too paranoid and that they didn't have them in her day and I was fine. My friend had one and said she loved it because she could get on with the housework knowing that her little girl was sleeping safely. I'm undecided. If I do I may get one for when he is in his cot as while he is in our room I probably won't be sleeping anyway and constantly checking if he is breathing. I know I will be on pins the first few weeks. Oh and I have bought a grobag as I think they will be better than a blanket as they can't wriggle under them can they? I am also buying the special swaddling blankets (Argos sell them) as I will probably swaddle him when he is in the Moses basket and then use the Grobag when he is in the cot. Everyone has their own preference though so you do what you prefer hun xx

FC - any news or is D day tomorrow? Will be thinking of you xx

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - I was at the hospital this morning for a check up re my GD and a scan to check his growth. He is measuring perfectly so all good. His belly has got fatter since the last scan LOL and she said he is weighing about 4.4 pounds now smile2 This sonographer was so much nicer than ones we have had previously. She explained all the measurements, showed us his tummy and a full bladder and said he is practising breathing and showed us the movement in his belly. We could see him swallowing too as his mouth was moving. His legs were doing the usual ninja kicks, which I must say are starting to hurt LOL! As for my diet that is fine too and they are happy with how I am managing the GD. I don't have to go back now till 28 June so that's good. I am at the community midwfie though in a couple of weeks for my usual check-up.

When we were about to leave we had to book in at the desk our next appointment and whilst stood in the queue we heard a lady scream (well more like a loud moan). This woman was on all fours on the corridor floor and her husband was rubbing her back. She obviously had to stop while she had a contraction as it looked liked they had just arrived as they had a hospital bag and pillow. It was quite scary to watch and the staff rushed to her with a wheelchair. Then as I left the hospital I just started crying and DH was like what's wrong and I said seeing her and knowing she will soon have a baby plus the fact that it's not far off for us just made me very emotional, coupled with my hormones LOL! It made it all seem very real if you know what I mean.

Anyway I best get back to work.

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 4:06pm

thanks girls

im getting on of them kick braclets so i can count the kicks that might help put my mind at rest too. she was very active the day before so maybe that was why!!

can anyone help me??? when counting the kicks do i count every kick or everytime she kicks?? i mean if she does 3 in a row is that one kick or 3!!!??? u'd think id know better this being my 2nd but i think im more worried this time round think it maybe cos this one is ivf
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 10:59am

Morning all

D-day today for FC79 - :weehee: How exciting. thinking of you hun and lots of luck. can't wait to hear your birth announcement xxx

Hoping - yeah hun i went on a spending spree on monday. i had a long list of things to buy cos i was worried if buba comes early we won't have everything for her..lol. i just got things like bedding, feeding and BF'ing essentials. i now have a very small list left to get but nothing too urgent. for eg. i'm not buying a breast pump until i know i can bf otherwise it might turn out to be a waste of money. i have all buba's things in the spare room waiting to put them in the nursery but there seems alot and i'm wondering if it will all fit in her room...lol. great news your managing your GD without meds. you must be doing it all right hun :thumbsup: great news nathan is doing well, my buba has a chubby tummy too :snigger: i think i'd have got emo too seeing a lady in labour...anything like that sets me off..lol. i saw your fb saying 12 more sleeps....heehee, i can't bloody wait for mat leave. lets hope we get some nice weather before our LO's arrive xxx

mum - i usually count a single kick as one. if she does 3 at once i'd prob count that as one too if they were all together. i actually include some strong movements too cos my buba doesn't kick much, she's more a wriggler and all my feelings are low down so its sometimes hard to distinguish a punch/kick form a movement. i think as long as its a strong kick or movement then count it. when u get the kick bracelet you get a leaflet thing to read and it tells you on there. it can be worrying trying to work out whats right so if your ever unsure then contact the hospital mw's hun. is your LO more active today?

AFM - i had an apt yesterday at the hospital cos i've been transferred to a new one that is nearer my house. the mw was so lovely and she spent a long time with us and didn't rush us at all. she even had a feel of my bump cos i was explaining we were confused as to whether buba is still breech with me having a stomach of steel...lol. she couldn't feel properly either but thinks she is the right way now cos her HB was low down my bump and not up top. i'll be having a scan though after 36 weeks if we're still unsure. i feel no kicks at the top though but maybe buba is a puncher and not a kicker.

i have a question anyway girlies.....another one... :snigger: i'm always asking questions!!!

are we supposed to wash all babies clothes we buy??? my mum said i'm been over the top if i wash all her dresses and i should just do her vests and sleep suits. but i thought we were supposed to wash all clothes in non-bio when we buy them. are u ladies washing everything including dresses ect?? obviously vests, towels and bedding is essential but just wondered about dresses. i'd hate her to get a rash or something cos i'd not done it right.....

anyway best get some work done for a bit.......

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:41am

Booboo - I plan on washing everything, just to be on the safe side. Glad to hear your MW apt went well. My community midwives are lovely too xx

Just a quick one as in work but I just wanted to ask if anyone has suddenly felt out of breath, so much so that your chest tightens and you find it difficult to breath properly. I had an 'episode' this morning stood at the bus stop and it just happened randomly, I hadn't been walking fast or anything. My heart was beating so fast and when I put my hand on my chest it felt like it was shaking. I felt light headed and had to take long deep breaths but it was difficult to get my breath back to normal. It lasted about 10 minutes. I probably could've fainted if I hadn't controlled my breathing. I had eaten some cereal so doubt it relates to my blood sugars?!

I rang the hospital and the first lady I spoke to (on triage) said it could be minor or serious but she thinks I may need an ECG but to check with my allocated midwife just to double check, seeing as I have diabetes. Unfortunately, Jane wasn't in so I spoke to another midwife and she said in the first instance go to my GP so I'm booked in this afternoon. She said they can listen to my heart. I told her I feel OK now and would anything show up and she said it would. So I will keep you posted.

I have had it happen before, about a month ago, when my DH sprayed deoderant and I went in the room after him and it got on my chest. The fact that this time it happened randomly has made me worried. My LO is moving around so hopefully he is OK.

If any of you have experienced this let me know. I must say I think it sounds like a panic attack as my friend suffers from them and when she describes them I suspect what I was feeling is similar but haven't a clue why I would have a panic attack. I don't feel anxious or anything. Though maybe subconsciously I am, what with labour not far off and seeing that lady yesterday in the hospital.

Who knows!!

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:47am

Hoping - it does sound a bit like a panic attack. i think they are common in pregnancy as i've heard other ladies on here in the past suffer with them. also shortness of breath does get a problem when your LO is taking up lots of room and your diaphragm can't move as much anymore. I'm by no means a dr though!! hopfully your GP can put your mind at rest this afternoon. i get short of breath all the time now and last month i was in the garden and went all lightheaded and almost fainted (with a pair of garden shears in my hand) - so that could have ended badly :huh: . it sounds very pregnancy related but your doc will check you out and i'm sure you'll get it sorted. let us know how u get on hun xxxxxxxx

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:56am

Hi everyone,

good luck to FC79!! hope everything goes OK xx

Shelley - how are you feeling now? Hope your thrush has cleared up and that you're not getting stomach pains anymore.....or have things started yet? Very exciting xx

Mum82 - like BooBoo said I think I'd count individual kicks or movements but if they were too close together I'd probably count as just once. I know how you feel though as I have days when LO doesn't seem to do much and I worry but then the next day is usually fine. I put it down to LO being tired if its moved a lot the previous day. Just keep your eye on it and if you're worried phone the MW for peace of mind.

Hoping - i think you can do a tour of SH maternity any night Mon - Thurs at 6.30- I'm sure I've seen that somewhere. So I will go along when I get round to it. Sorry to hear that the antinatal classes have not been much good. I think it will probably be the same for me then as I'm booked on 4 locally and I'm sure it will be the same team delivering the same stuff. Glad everything is going OK and that your GD is under control. Well done with your diet - not sure I could be that strong xx

BooBoo - re washing - I think I would wash everything to be on the safe side. Maybe it is a bit over the top with dresses but I'm sure that I would do that. I don't know the sex so won't be buying anything like that yet but think I'd feel better if everything was washed. Am actually looking forward to washing all the little clothes - how mad does that sound!

Adreamz - any more news on the house move?

Hi to everyone else - can't read back any further. Going away for a few days in a campervan. Not sure how that's going to be but will be glad to get away. My blood tests have all come back normal. But I'm still worried as I am feeling very breathless. I know that this is common in pregnancy but I feel like I'm always moaning. Don't feel like I'm up to doing much really and I didn't think this would happen until much later on. goodness knows how I will cope with the next 7 weeks at work! Anyway I have a question now about knickers!! All mine now keep rolling down under my bump as usually the would sit just on the bottom of my stomach so I've bought some BIG bridget jones style belly warmers...but they have shrunk slightly in the wash and now keep riding up my bum a bit so are uncomfotable. Any suggestions or should I just expect to be uncomfortable now? Hope everyone is well and look forward to hearing some birth announcements xx

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 12:01pm

hoping - you were posting at same time as me. I'm very short of breath but haven't had an episode like you - mine is just generally all the time. I think it's best to get your dr to check you over. It could be your blood pressure? Mine has been low and this causes lightheaded dizzy spells. Hope you're feeling better xx

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 2:44pm

my bracelet arrived today but it hasnt got the L and R on it for breastfeeding!!!! dammm that was the other reason i got it?? has anyone else got one what does it say on yours?? my LO has been much better today lots of movement thank godness.

boo boo ive washed everything from my loft but i havent washed dresses i bought as she will have vest or something under anyway i didnt wash all with my son and he was fine!! just depends how senstive their skin is i surpose.

hoping im out of breath all the time at the moment but have a few moments like that but when walking fast or up stairs!!! felt very faint and dizzy but that was before i started on my iron liquid!!! it seems better now! the shortness of breath isnt any better tho!! hope all goes well at docs

rocky know how you feel i feel so exhusted and huge and finding everything a struggle! i still got 5 weeks left at work not sure how im going to make it through!!! and im a bridesmaid at my friend wedding next week should be fun the dress only just fits and it looks like a tent lol all be worth it in the end tho xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 2:56pm

mum - my bracelet has the L and R on - i actually wondered what it was for?? is it to keep a count on what booby u've used last for feeding or something??

rocky - can't help on the knicker thing hun. i just wear my usual ones and they are getting a bit tight but not up my bum or anything yet...lol. maybe try a different style hun. i just wear 'normal' knickers but with a bit of lace or frill so they arn't too grannyfied :snigger: i've stayed away from french knickers while been preg cos they are too uncomfy and my thong days have been over for a long time..lol.

thanks for the washing advise. should we be washing in non-bio also??

xxxx

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests