You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

FC79

Ace

Reg: May 19th 2009

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 3:40pm

Hello, its quieter on here today, hope you are all well.

Im feeling very hot and tired today, I was awake from 5.30-7.30 and just as I was thinking of getting up I fell back to sleep til nearly 10, so I think that threw me out for the day.

BooBoo, thats good of your boss to let you finish earlier, I bet it will make a big difference to your tiredness. Missing the rush hour traffic will also be alot less stressful for you. I did get all the baby things sorted thank you, I had everything washed and ironed but just sort of left in the baskets Im using on the shelves. I sorted everything into age and type of clothing and put it all neatly away in the right places. Looks so lovely!

Hello, to everyone else, hope your all having a good day.

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 6:43pm

Hi all,

FC your right - been quiet in here today. How lovely, sleeping in till 10am!!

BooBoo - Glad DH has come round to your way of thinking x My LO is the same as yours today, allot more quieter which is worrying me. It might just be that i've just sat around all day so am trying not to stress too much just yet.

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, May 13th 2011, 7:07am

Good morning

Shelley & Booboo - my LO was very quiet yesterday too. On Wednesday he was very active and moving around loads, sometimes it hurt, but yesterday he seemed very chilled. I did worry a little but then when I rub my hands on my belly I feel slight movement so maybe he was just having a lazy day. He's been active this morning already. I woke up hungry and it feels like he is saying come on mummy, get up I need some food LOL!!! So he has just had some peanut butter on granary toast LOL xx

FC - I'm starting to panic too that I haven't sorted everything and I still have 10 weeks to go LOL. I'm starting to look at the lists you can find on the internet of what we need for the baby and have put it into a spreadsheet and ticking off the items I have got but there is still a lot to buy. I'm a secretary so like to be very organised LOL xx

Just wondering what your baby will be sleeping in, as in will you wrap them in a blanket or have you got those grobags? I have got him a grobag, can't remember what tog it is, but I'm also thinking of getting one of those special swaddling blankets. Has anyone used them before? I read they like being swaddled because it mimics being in the womb plus they can't flap about as much so should hopefully be more content when sleeping. Also, as we're having summer babies when you put them to sleep will you have them in short sleeved sleep suits or long sleeved? I suppose it depends on what the weather is like and if our house is too warm or not but just wondering what you all thought or planned to do. I will be buying a room thermometer to ensure it's the right temperature. In Mothercares catalogue they actually have a page on what your baby should wear to bed dependent on the temperature, which is very useful.

I'm starting to think a lot about stuff like this now. My mum tells me I'm a worrier and that I will be fine and it will come naturally but as this is first time motherhood it is all new and scary. When I speak to her about breastfeeding she said it's really easy and she would just stick her boob in my mouth LOL! I said they don't make it sound that easy when you read about it LOL!

I had bad backache again last night. I struggle to get comfy on our sofa and in bed, which isn't great when you want to chill at home. The only chair I find comfy is my work chair (I sit at a desk all day)!! Maybe the fact that I am sat at a desk most of the day means my back aches at night :mmmmmm I need to stop moaning about it though because I have wanted to be pregnant for so long that I worry people will think I am ungrateful but I'm not. I try not to whinge about it to one of my close friends who has been through IVF and sadly is yet to have a child of her own.

Well I am off work today and have a busy day planned - having my toe nails done with gel white tips as I think it won't be long before I want to wear flip flops as my feet are looking a tad swollen, then I have an eyebrow wax and then I'm at the hairdressers for a cut and colour. DH and I are at a wedding reception this evening so looking forward to getting glammed up and wearing a dress as I haven't since I got pregnant. Normally I'd wear 4 inch heels but DH won't let me plus with my back it's probably not the best idea. I'm still wearing heels, just not as high. Fortunately we're staying at the hotel where it is at so I don't have to walk far.

I think we're stopping off for a pub lunch somewhere before we check into the hotel and then we'll chill for a bit before getting ready. I was hoping the hotel would have a pool but it doesn't. Has anyone been swimming? I think it will help soothe my back but I do worry about the chlorine soaking into my skin. I'm sure it wouldn't affect my LO as I have never read that it does but then you read about certain cleaning products and hair dye don't you?

Anyway, I could waffle on all morning LOL!

Have a lovely weekend ladies.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

United Kingdom

Friday, May 13th 2011, 9:13am

Hi,

Hoping - It must have been a common theme yesterday that our LO's fancied a lazy day!!

Today my little man has been very wriggly! Just had my cereal and OJ and his having a good old stretch in there!

Cant believe that next Friday i'll be classed as full term! 36wks today!!!!

Am off to see a friend and her little boy (about 6 weeks old) later this morning, poor little fella is really suffering with reflux bless him. Am gonna make an effort to get off the sofa today and actually do something!!!

Hope you have a great time at the wedding Hoping x
I have no idea what i'm going to dress LO in to be honest! am just going to wing it I think. I've got one of those egg thermometers and i know the temp in our room is going to be too high! Sort that out later on!!
I'm getting really nervous now about the actual labour, hopefullly all will be fine but you cant help but worry when its all unknown.

Right im off to get dressed!! xxxxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Friday, May 13th 2011, 9:25am

Hi everyone! Working at home today so might be sneaking on here more than normal 'tho have tons of work to get through. Ughh!

Hoping - I've got grobags but also thinking about swaddling. I was waiting for a friend at the station yesterday and saw this book in a nearby shop. Looked a bit bonkers (some silly examples like swaddling them in wrapping paper!) but quite fun!

Baby-gami: Baby Wrapping for Beginners: Amazon.co.uk: Andrea Cornell Sarvady, Fern Drillings, Bill Milne: Books

On the room temperature, going to buy a baby monitor that has a room temperature alarm on it. BT 250 has one. So it's all in one. Let's you know I think while baby's asleep if the room gets too hot or too cold.

Re swimming, do it! It's fantastic! Highly recommended for pregnant ladies. Lovely and relaxing plus it's great for the back. Not sure what your specific back problem is but I had a back op last year for disc problems and swimming is one of the best things I can do to stop it getting all stiff and painful. Had managed to get up to the stage of 1000m 3 times a week until a couple of weeks ago when work got busy again. Must get back to it.....though need to address the bikini line problem before I get back in my tankini. How on earth are you meant to see down there to sort it out when there's a big bump in the way! http://www.pregnancyzone.co.uk/wcf/image…es/confused.gif

Ok, had better press on. Enjoy the wedding!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Friday, May 13th 2011, 9:54am

Morning all

Its nice and busy in here this morning :D

harry - i've just looked at your ticker and can't believe u only have just over 50 days to your due date....i think these pregnancies are whizzing by. oh and the bikini line thing is really doing my head in...lol. i have a mirror i stand on the edge of the bath and try and do it by watching what i'm doing in the mirror...its not easy though. i've never tried waxing and don;t intend to while i'm pregnant and in enough pain as it is so i'll have to stick to my mirror technique. i know friends who have had there husbands help them out but i think i've lost enough dignity as it is so thats not for me...lol. i bearly managed to paint my toes last night too - think my mum will have to do my toes next time.... enjoy working from home anyway hun xxx

shelley - ooh full term next week...how exciting. i suppose when the birth gets closer we will start to be a little more nervous. don't worry too much though hun, its nature and loads of women do it everyday with no probs so i'm sure you'll be just fine :happy: glad your Lo started up kicking around again....seems like we all had quiet days yesterday. xx

hoping - sounds like your having a great day with all that pampering and then a night doo to go to tongiht. i think swimming would deffo be good for your back. you should try it and see how it feels afterwards, maybe worth a try. i know what u mean about moaning though. i hate doing it too cos i've wanted to be in this position for so long. its not nice though if your backs aching, its one of the most annoying symtoms i think cos its not like u can relax properly. one of my friends bought one of them birthing balls and she said she used to find sitting on that more comfortable than a settee. have a nice pamper and hair day anway hun [zx102] xx

FC79 - how are u today hun? having another nice day sorting baby things? xx

AFM - i finished work an hour earlier yesterday and it really helped me wind down. i only have to take one day unpaid every 3 weeks to do it as well as having a shorter lunch (that i find is too long anyway) so i'm going to finish work an hour earlier from now on. it won't affect my mat pay either and hopefully mean if i'm not as tired i can carry on working until 37 or 38 weeks like i want to.

seems like we all had quiet babies yesterday. buba has been much more active sinse last night. infact she was having a wee dance on my bladder last night :pinch:

as for wrapping babies up at night time. my friend had a baby last month when it was warm and still swaddled. she only used a normal blanket to swaddle though and the mw showed her how to do it. her baby had a sleep suit on underneith. the baby looked like a bag of fish and chips :snigger: i think our mw's will advise us when then time comes. I'm buying lots of short sleeve vests cos it'll be summer when buba's due as well as long sleeve so i guess u'll just see what i feels right at the time. my mum said she used to feel me and my brother alot and check we were not too hot so i guess i'll be on temperature watch too.

anyway best get some work done for now...... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

FC79

Ace

Friday, May 13th 2011, 10:49am

Morning!

My sleep pattern has really messed up the last few nights, and I was so pleased I was sleeping through as normal up til then! I was awake for about 2 hours at 4.15, I wake up for a wee then my brain wont switch off about the baby and the birth and just everything really! Got a headache now so a quiet day today I think.

Booboo- glad you enjoyed finishing earlier and that it wont effect your mat pay.

Harry- I know what you mean about the bikini line problem! I was contourting myself into all different shapes in the bath and managing somehow, but not sure I'll be able to do that now! Might get some hair removal cream instead as at least its not as dangerous doing it blind!

Shelley-have a nice day with your friends baby, I bet that will make you want yours to come out even more!

Hoping- the temperature/sleeping thing is one thing that really worries me too. Im a nanny so the actual childcare doesnt bother me at all, but obviously I usually have them in the morning after their parents have dealt with all that! I just think that everyone else manages so it cant be that hard. I have gro bags that a friend gave me, but not sure I'll use them straight away. I might wrap it in a normal blanket to start with, and as for the layers, they say the baby should wear one more layer than you, I think. So if you feel really hot at night and just have a loose tshirt and a sheet, maybe baby needs a short sleeved vest, sleep suit and thin blanket. Im sure it will come more naturally than we are imagining, and we will be able to tell if our babies are too hot. Sounds like you have a lovely day planned today, enjoy!

Well my due date is only a week tomorrow! I cant believe it, it really doesnt feel real. The baby feels like it fills up my whole body now. I was always a skinny size 8 and have put on less than 2 stone which is all bump, but they've said it could be a big baby as I was measuring 2 weeks ahead last check up. It really feels like there is no room, when it moves I feel it right down low in my pelvis and under my ribs all at the same time! Its so strange, the moves are slow pushing moves now and they do feel very uncomfortable alot of the time. Im still feeling very patient tho, not in any particular rush to get it out yet. I was saying to DH tho, I will probably be like Rachel from friends-did anyone see the one where she was overdue? It starts off with her a day before the due date saying how much she's loved being pregnant and she cant believe its coming to an end,she's all calm and happy. Then next scene she's gone a few days over and is snapping at everyone and in a foul mood! Very funny!

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Friday, May 13th 2011, 4:05pm

Hi ladies, wow lots to catch up on!
Going back a bit, a catheter is just a medical term for a hollow tube, whether its used for the bladder, ET, drugs etc and anyone who ends up needing a urinary catheter should always get some instagel ( a numbing gel ) inserted first, it not only numbs but really lubricates so there should be absolutely no pain or discomfort at all. I've been catheterising for 20 years and have never had any problems with any of my ladies, so please don't anyone worry if they end up needing one, you can even ask the midwife to ideally put in the gel and then wait for a couple of minutes to make sure its started to numb. As for tearing and episiotomies, I had both last time ( a third degree tear which included my bum! sorry if TMI ) and it really wasn't that bad, I made a really quick recovery and to be honest it really wasn't that sore, my nipples bothered me more from the early days of BF-ing than my sore nethers.

I swaddled DD last time for a couple of weeks and then moved into gro bags, I found it really reassuring in my neurotic state to look at the temperature and then the chart which just tells you which tog to use and hey presto! BUT that was january and now I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy the super light sleeping bags just in case, I have a confession too.... My DD still has her gro-egg in her bedroom as a night light ( at age 2 + 4 months) and I still look at it when getting her ready for bed at night.... Think I might have to wean myself off it so I can have it in the room with the new bubs.

AFM really crappy day, very little baby movement for a couple of days, then nothing this morning so trip to the hospital for monitoring, all ok thankfully, still have to go for scan on Tues to make sure placenta is still working. I then tripped over something my DH had left in the hall X( , fell into my DD's bedroom at speed, have got a 4 inch cut on my elbow where I caught it on her wardrobe on the way down, bled all over her carpet and couldn'd get off the floor as have managed to make my already dodgy back even worse. Still I've got a home visit from my osteopath on Monday night for my new upper back problem so maybe he can just do all of me! :snigger: DH is being very remorseful and has just swept and mopped all my floors to say sorry for leaving crap lying about. men. Anyway I know I'm just rabbiting on, I'm off to put away all the new little vests and babygros I've just washed today, they seem soooooo tiny. I've not packed my bag yet but have a drawer now with everything in it. I can't believe I'm this lucky again xfingers
Hope everyone else is having a better day xxx

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

United Kingdom

Saturday, May 14th 2011, 8:01am

Oh no Suki. Not a good Friday 13th for you. The men don't think sometimes (ever) do they! It usually takes something like that for them to remember we're pregnant and need a bit more care and consideration! How is your back feeling?

Up early this morning - DH was in the swimming pool at 7am and I had to get up for a supermarket order. But once I'm up, I love being up nice and early at the weekend. A sunny morning with the whole day ahead and no work! Lovely!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Harry x

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 9:10am

Thanks for your advice re swaddling ladies, I think I will try that before the grobag. Plus my Moses basket has arrived and I must say it isn't very wide. It's lovely but I can't see him being in it for more than a couple of months. It's long but narrow. I got the Ladybird Treasure Forever basket. So, I think swaddling will be best at first as I think the grobag will be too big to put in the basket. Re the type of blanket to swaddle him in, as it's summer and hopefully warm, do you think the cellular blankets would be best?

Shelley - how was your friends little boy? Hope his reflux is easing. Did you get any tips from her? xx

Harry - I laughed out loud when you mentioned bikini line :laugh: I have always used a bikini trimmer to do the whole lot as I prefer to be fuzz free (not brave enough for waxing!) and on Friday morning I was about to de-fuzz when I looked down and couldn't see my you know what and thought sh!t how am I going to do this!! I stood in front of a mirror though I must say it was very tricky. I love that my bump is getting bigger though. I can just about see the tips of my toes when I stand up straight. That baby moniitor you mention, the BT one, is the one I plan on getting as my DH's dad recommends it as they use it for his wife's grandaughter. If she cries they can talk to her from downstairs through it so they can hopefully soothe her that way instead of going up xx

Booboo - great your hours have been reduced. I was going to do that in my last couple of weeks but HR told me they would have to work out my holiday entitlement based on my reduced hours and I was like oh I didn't know that, in that case I'll just leave it as I don't want it to mean I start my holidays later. I have 3.5 weeks holiday before I start maternity leave. How's the nursery coming on? We're getting stuck into ours again today and DH will be stripping the walls. I've told him we need to get a plasterer booked in so we have a timescale to work by because at the moment he has started stripping but is then leaving it for a few days, so if we have a date to get it done by he'll get it done quicker. Plus I've told him I want it finished by the time I finish work on 17 June because I will be frantically buying all the rest of the baby stuff then and want to put it in the room xx

FC - OMG can't believe you only have a week left. Have you had any twinges or backache? xx

Suki - sorry to hear you fell over, must've been scary. My DH would feel remorseful too. I keep telling him to put his shoes away, which he leaves in the middle of the kitchen floor (drives me :angry: ) . Glad to hear that your LO is OK. I guess they will just have quiet days though they do say if you're worried then call in don't they? We have a drop in centre near us if I ever need reassurance xx

Harry - do you have your own swimming pool?! Or was DH at the baths?! Lucky you if you have your own. Thanks for the advice re swimming too ladies, I will be going - I just need to find a costume!

AFM - well my day off was nice. My toes look nicer now with their clean white tips and my hair feels better though I did want it blonder. I sometimes find my hairdresser never does exactly what I ask but as she is a friend I'd feel bad if I went somewhere else. The wedding do was good. I felt nice dressed up though the buffet wasn't exactly pregnancy friendly!! The choice of canapes were: one with pate, one with raw fish on and one with a soft cheese. To make it worse there was a lush chocolate fountain with a selection of treats to dip into it but because of my stupid diabetes I didn't have any ;( . Instead I had some potato wedges and a barm cake and made myself a chip butty LOL - how exciting! I could've had pork from the hog roast but I'm not a fan of meat, I only really eat chicken or turkey.

My LO was very active again yesterday. He is definitely getting stronger and my belly goes lopsided when he turns. DH saw it and was like wow!

Oh a few people commented at the wedding how tiny I was for how far gone I am. I really wanted them to say you're huge but DH said take it as a compliment as they mean I haven't put on weight anywhere else, I just have a neat bump. I suppose he is right. I have only put on a stone and a half since I got pregnant. I wonder if I will grow loads over the next 10 weeks as I read the baby puts on about half a pound now each week.

Can't believe I'm 30 weeks today - OMG!!! It really is imminent isn't it?! I am panicking now that I need too knuckle down and buy everything, just in case he decides to make an early appearance.

FC79

Ace

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 10:42am

Morning!

Hoping- glad you had a nice day, shame about the buffet, well done you on resisting the chocolate fountain! I think I will go for the cellular blanket to swaddle, dont know if thats right tho!!

Suki-sorry to hear about your fall, hope your back is feeling a bit better now.

I had a much better sleep last night, think I was just too tired not to sleep. No signs yet of anything happening, except some stronger braxton hicks that are now starting to hurt. No backache, no show, no feelings of impatience or anything, looks like this baby is in it for the long haul!

We had friends over last night which was lovely, it was strange when they were going tho as we were saying that next time we see them the baby should be here. I still cant get my head round it!

Monday, May 16th 2011, 8:56am

Morning all

Hope u all had nice weekends

FC79 - glad to hear you've caught up with your sleep. it can be a pain when we are so tired but its hard to get a full nights sleep when we have to waddle to the bathroom every few hours then try and get comfy again with our big bumps. u wont have long to wait though so xfingers its soon that your baby makes an apprearence.

Hoping - glad u enjoyed the night doo hun and got all glammed up. i wouldn't have been impressed with the food either.... when we can't drink we look forward to what food is on offer don' we...lol. As for your moses basket hun, i don't know many people that say they've used there's past 12 weeks!! i wasn't going to bother with one but my mum wanted to buy mine so we got one. they do look nice though while babies can fit in them. :happy: Thats a shame about your working hours...i didn;t think about holiday entitlement.... my boss isn't doing mine through HR so i can just have a sneaky day unpaid and it not affect anything but if you were to loose holidays then i'd deffo stay as you are. I have no hols left though until july (by which time i'll be on mat leave) so a reduction in hours is the best i can do unless i want to take mat leave early. so annoying i had to use most of my holidays up on tx but it was worth it :happy:

suki - whats a gro egg?? i googled and it came up with a toy egg so its prob wrong..... i'm fascinated as to what it is ?( sounds like u had a rubbish few days visiting hospital and then falling. glad everything was ok with LO and good luck with the scan tomorrow. Hope your feeling better and your hubby is still fussing after leaving his things lying around :D

Hiya to Harry and shelley and anyone else my preg head may have missed..... ;)

AFM - we had to carpet fitted in the nursery on friday so saturday my mum and step dad brought the wardrobes and tall boy round that they bought us for the nursery. Its going to look gorgeous when its done. We're just waiting for the cot now which should be here in a few weeks at the most. i can't wait to start dressing the nursery and sorting the curtains and putting up pictures ect..... its guna be lush :happy: i'll post some piccies when its done.

apart from that i've had a very quiet weekend. dh has been working so i've just relaxed and pottered about. cos i'd not done anything yesterday i felt really lethargic. feeling better today though cos i'm at work....its weird cos i can't wait to go on mat leave but if i have nothing to do and hubbys at work i get sooo bored.

i have my last anti-natal class tonight and its about BF'ing so i'm looking forward to that. :thumbsup:

:xxx3: blowkiss :xxx3:

suki

Ace

Monday, May 16th 2011, 12:43pm

Booboo a gro egg is basically just a room thermometer that as well as the digital display, actually glows like a night light but for each temperature glows a different colour, ie think lower than 16 is blue, too cold! between 16-20 degrees it glows yellow which is perfect, over 20 is orange and I think over 24 or 26 ( I can't remember) is red for danger - too hot. I know some of the baby monitors have integrated room thermometers too so not eveyone would need or want one. Its made by the same folk who make the gro-bag sleeping bags so it ties in with what tog they suggest you use for what temperature. I liked being able to see in the dark at a glance if the room was ok as DD was born in feb when we had deep snow and I wasn't sure if I was keeping the room too hot. I should be a rep for the gro-whatever company!
If anyone is interested, amazon are selling them for £13.25 just now which is incredibly cheap compared to everywhere else and its free delivery too. I've just bought a new one as DD has destroyed our old one.....
I swaddled DD to begin with and then moved on to gro-bags when she weighed enough, she was quite happy and slept well, as she got a bit bigger she would fight her little arms right out, but you can swaddle them underarm too. i tried using cellular blankets like the hospital did but just couldn't get it right, so got a couple of cotton swaddling blankets which were shaped and made life much easier and she had a cellular one over the top.

DH has been super nice to me since the fall and I was looking at new breast pumps on the internet last night and he said, oh just get a new one as it was worth its weight in gold last time, guilt is a marvelous thing! So I'm ordering the medela swing as I had the mini electric last time which was great, but my pump bit seems a bit slow now. I think its supposed to be for more occasional use, not every day which is what I did right up to stopping BF-ing. I also have a brand new tommee tippee electric pump which I bought in a sale which I'll have to try and ebay without him noticing.... shopaholic?? moi??
FC79 you are nearly there!
All you other lovely ladies ok?
I can't wait for my scan tomorrow xfingers everything will just be normal.
Suki x

Monday, May 16th 2011, 1:29pm

Thanks for the gro-egg info suki :thumbsup: i just googled and i know what it is now....think i must have been googling grow-egg before :snigger:
I'm thinking of getting the Angel care sound and movement baby monitor for buba. it has a thing u put under the mattress to detect the babies breathing as well as the sounds monitor and it also has a night light and temp thing on it too so i prob dont need a gro-egg. the gro eggs look good though as they glow different colours for the temperature.

Glad your dh is been super nice - lol. and use it to shop while u can :happy:

Let us know how your scan goes tomorrow, i'm sure it will be fine though xxxx

Monday, May 16th 2011, 2:46pm

Hi ladies

i just had to share this with u all..... i've been looking into baby baths and came across 'Tummy Tubs'. They look soooo funny and cute. at first sight they actually look like an overpriced mop bucket but reading about them they are supposed to be really good for the baby as they mimic the womb and are good for colic. They just look so adorable so thought i'd share so u can have a google....lol

I've added a piccie....its so cute :snigger:
BooBoo has attached the following file:
  • TummyTub-2.gif (24.83 kB - 1 times downloaded - latest: May 18th 2011, 9:13am)

United Kingdom

Monday, May 16th 2011, 5:54pm

Evening! Good weekend?

Hoping - own swimming pool!! Now that would be lovely but we're not that posh! ;) live near council swimming baths where they have a 7am lane swim on a Saturday.

Booboo - those baths look great. I bought a flexibath on the basis it can be folded away but I don't think they're great for newborns so I have an insert to go into it as well. Would probably just have been better with a nice simple bucket like that!

Had my mw appointment at home yesterday and am feeling sorry for myself. Blood pressure now raised (was fine before) and she said baby is back to back. Aghhh! My back is bad enough already! She didn't seem worried but in my normal style, I've taken that information and researched and analysed and worried etc. Think I've naively got my head prepared for either a home birth where I can enjoy home comforts to help the pain or if necessary, a c-section. Hadn't really considered the middle ground of a long, difficult more painful than normal labour with ventouse or similar. I know he still has time to turn but I've been getting myself in a tiz about it. Need to get some pma back or learn to go with the flow and just look forward to LO's arrival!

Harry x

Tuesday, May 17th 2011, 8:33am

Morning

harry - sorry to hear your mw apt didn't go as well as you'd hoped. whats happening with your BP? are they just seeing how u go for now? i assume its not dangerously high if they arn't doing anything about it. Hope your Lo turns in time for labour - you have 7 weeks yet for him to turn the right way so plenty of time. My buba is breech and her feet are right at the bottom so the worse way possible for a natural birth but i'm xfingers she turns in time - she has 9 weeks so i'm hoping i won;t be in the 4% that stays breech. Passing you over some PMA hun, try not to worry too much, there's plenty of time for him to do as he's told before he arrives.

I'm just wondering if anyone is looking into a movement as well as a sound baby monitor. u can buy them as one or separates so i'm unsure what to do. Angel care do a sounds and movement monitor but apparently you can't disconnect the movement board so when LO gets bigger and i don't want to use the movement part i'd have to buy another sound monitor to use on its own. seems a waste of money doing that so thinking of buying a separate sound monitor and then a movement monitor u can clip on the nappy. had anyone bought any if these before??

Went to my last anti-natal last night. it was mostly about Bf'ing so very useful as i'll be a first timer at it. Not much else to report from me.

Hope everyone is good. apparently we're going to get nice weather again this sunday.....something to make our kankles bigger :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (May 17th 2011, 8:35am)

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 17th 2011, 10:25am

Hi guys,

I lurked yesterday but was so tired from the wedding on Sunday I had to give up and sleep!! Keep going a bit dizzy too, not good!

My friends little boy is getting worse, bless him. He was sleeping for most of the time I was there last week but was nice to catch up with her. His now losing weight so has been prescribed another special milk so fingers crossed that helps!

The wedding went really well on Sunday, I was very emotional! They wrote their vows to each other which were beautiful and then at the wedding breakfast the groom did a brilliant speech which involved crying, laughing etc. so very good. The groom (DH's work mate) was very attentive to me and making sure i was comfortable and changed my meal so that i could eat it, i was really touched. He had so much other stuff going on but kept making sure I was ok, bless him!!
After the meal I went for a lie down as I was really REALLY uncomfortable and needed a cat nap, DH came back and got me after about an hour and then I lasted for about another 2 hours chatting and catching up with people then had to go to bed, my feet were absolutely huge and my back was killing, no matter which way I sat! I left DH to have fun with his work mates (no drinking though, good man!).

My feet have not gone down which is worrying me a little, I had the worst nights sleep at the venue as the bed was like sleeping on an ironing board and my poor little man couldnt get comfy so was very fidgety. I was even contemplating sleeping on the floor!!! :snigger:
I popped to the docs yesterday as I have a very itchy rash thats now covering all my belly and aparently ive got PUP! Thankfully, nothing to worry about but I have a mild steroid cream to use to help ease the itching and I think I have a bit of thrush :O
Oh the joys!!!

I have a scan tomorrow to check LO's growth - bit nervous

Suki - hope all is ok today with yours x

Take care all, off to pick up our car from an MOT! Fun!!

suki

Ace

Tuesday, May 17th 2011, 5:44pm

Harry, try not to worry about your LO lying OP, theres lots of time for him to turn and you can encourage this by sitting on a birthing ball, or on a dining chair back to front ( does that make sense? ). I was told to try not and sit back with my feet up ( great advice when in the next breath the MW is telling me to sit with my feet up for my varicose vein!)

Shelley, whats PUP? how are your ankles? The wedding sounded lovely.

AFM, scan today was ok for fluid levels ( hurrah! :happy: ) , but the babys predicted weight at term is only about 6 pounds.... :-( so back to see consultant again in 2 weeks. I know its only a prediction and that IVF babies can tend to be smaller, but its a bit smaller than I had anticipated! I saw my osteopath yesterday who examined my back and said as the whole thing from top to bottom is inflamed there was nothing he can do at this moment, so that explains why I was struggling to walk yesterday! My DH said I was moaning in pain my sleep when trying to change position last night, so it looks like its separate bedrooms again tonight as between my moaning and snoring I don't think he's getting much sleep....

Booboo we had a tommee tippee sounds and movement monitor, which you can disconnect the movement board from when you no longer need it. Our DD still has the sound bit in her room as we live in an old house and she is at the back and if she wakes up we'd found we didn't always hear her over the TV ( bad parents ) I have to say it's been brilliant, she likes the night light effect too. I have to confess though that when she got too big for the tommee tippee pad, we bought another just movement monitor which came with two huge pads...... I actually got around to taking it off her bed when she was turning two..... neurotic or what! I have to say we bought a baby bath from mothercare, but immediately just bought a cheap washing up bowl to use when DD was born and still weeny as thats what the hospital used and it made life alot easier until she outgrew it.

How is everyone else? does anyone know when to start drinking raspberry leaf tea? I can't remember from last time. Hope all the third tri gals and their bumps are doing fine. xxx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 17th 2011, 6:26pm

Hi Suki

PUPPP - Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy. Apparently its not harmful to me or the baby but its just annoying for me but i'm 'ard!! I can cope with it :snigger:

The rasberry berry leaf tea thing would be good to know x

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 8:57am

Morning all

anyone heard from FC79 - wonder if she's gone into labour (8 o)

Suki - Glad your waters are all ok hun. Hope your not too worried about your babies weight. i've heard alot of the time the estimations can be wrong anyway. I never thought a 6lb baby was anything to worry about. I was only 6lb at full term and i know lots of small babies who are just fine. My friend was predicted a big baby by 3 different mw's and then gave birth a week after EDD to a 5lb 11oz baby and she's fine with no problems at all. Hope that makes u feel a little better hun. Hope your back gets better too....or at least doesn't get any worse. Thanks for the baby monitor advice. i was thinknig of getting the BT sound monitor but then i'd have to buy the separate movement monitor..... its good to know the tomee tipee one can be disconnected from the board if needs be. i think i'll look into that one too. Did u still use the gro-egg then even though the tomee tipee monitor has a temperature monitor? xxx

Shelley - glad u enjoyed your wedding hun. your dh sounds like he did very well not drinking when u left him to it :happy: Hope your scan goes well today hun xxx

AFM - Buba has been moving all over this past couple of days. they are really strong movement now. i had elbows and allsorts sticking out of my tum yesterday :snigger:

I've been invited to a wedding 3 weeks after EDD and i don;t know what to do....... ?( Buba could potentially be 4 weeks old or just one week old and if i want to BF i might be putting myself under too much pressure to do it so soon in public when it might not yet be fully established. it'd be far too soon to express and i'm thinking what if bub's is having a day where she needs feeding lots then i'm not going to enjoy the wedding anyway if i'm sat in a corner all day. But its a really good opportunity to show show her off....... :snigger: hmmmm, whats would u girls advise doing? its not a formal sit down meal so its would be easier to sneak off and feed if i needed to but i'm unsure and think it might be a bit of a mess about.

suki

Ace

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 10:03am

Hi Booboo, our tommee tippee monitor didn't have the temperature thing on it, DH just rushed out and bought the first one he thought looked okay after DD was born, as we hadn't thought about monitors! So thats why we got the gro-egg. Thanks for the reassurance about bubas birthweight.

FC79

Ace

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 10:53am

Morning ladies! Thank you for your concern Booboo, but Im still here!!

I have a similar wedding issue, we are invited to one that is a 2 hour drive away in 6 weeks time. The baby will be max 6 weeks, min 4 weeks and we're invited to the whole day, sit down meal, free drinks all day plus for anyone staying over there's a big hogg roast laid on the next day! we've never been invited to such a posh wedding and would have loved to make the most of all thats on offer, but I really dont think its possible with such a young baby to stay over and everything. We have accepted the invitation but plan to drive down on the morning, and play it by ear as to how long we can stay. Im hoping as the baby will be at least 4 weeks, it will be a bit more settled by then and if we bring the pram Im hoping it will sleep lots! There's so much more to think about tho as you dont know what type of baby your going to get til it comes out! If its sicky and miserable and doesnt feed or sleep well, it could be a nightmare. With thinking the baby could only be a week old as in your case it makes it a lot more difficult. Could you accept for now, then pull out if the baby is too late, or too difficult? I know what you mean about wanting to show it off tho, as soon as we got the invite I was thinking, if its a girl I can buy her a beautiful little dress and she'll look gorgeous, if its a boy, a cute litttle shirt and trousers, and it will be lovely being out all dressed up as a little family!

Hi Shelley- sorry to hear you have PUPPP, sounds very complicated, what are the symptoms, I've never heard of it before.

Suki, glad your scan went well. I wouldnt worry about baby's weight, as Booboo said they often get it wrong, but anyway 6lb is a descent weight, Im sure it will be just fine. I dont know the answer to the raspberry leaf tea question, I havent taken it.

AFM, I had a busy day yesterday. I walked into town with my mum, its about 10 minutes walk, then by the time we'd both got what we wanted from various shops, that was a lot of walking, then of course had to walk back. I was wiped out for the rest of the day after that!! I think keeping active during the day is working tho as Im sleeping really well at night again now, went to sleep about 10.45, woke up once for a wee and once cos of a stressful dream where my in-laws turned up and caused chaos when I was starving and about to have dinner (I know it doesnt sound stressful now, but it felt awful in the middle of the night!) Then I slept in til just before 10 this morning, lovely. Going to spend the day doing housework today, its getting to the stage where Im getting really annoyed with any bit of clutter or anything not perfectly clean, but Im running out of energy to do it! Only 3 days til due date Saturday! No twinges or anything yet, although walking to town yesterday was a lot harder than it was when I did it the week before, my back started aching and my bump was really uncomfortably heavy. I think Im going to go over, I dont mind as long as its not too much over. Think if nothing by Sunday, we'll have a day of eviction techniques- long walk, spicy food and other things they suggest! i'll keep you posted on any developments!

FC79

Ace

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 11:46am

Me again! Think I spoke too soon with saying I had no signs! I started getting back ache whilst typing, now having tried to get up and do something I feel really rubbish. I've got a low dull ache in my back, sore boobs, feel lethargic and as I do before af starts, feel a but sicky too. Could this be the begginning?!!

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 12:58pm

Oooooooohhhh How exciting if it is the begginings :clap

Things i was told to look out for was lower back ache, a show, water breaking (obvious that one!), needing a no.2!!

Things can take a few days though to prgress apparently so xfingers this is the start of it all for you :happy:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (May 18th 2011, 1:01pm)

FC79

Ace

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 6:40pm

Arrrrgggghhhh, so stressed!!! Would you believe my dream actually came true! My annoying in laws turned up unannounced 10 minutes before my lovely roast chicken dinner that I'd been looking forward to since yesterday, was ready. I really thought they would take the hint and not stay long, but no, I had to keep it warm in the oven for over an hour! I was starving by the end of it. I keep saying to DH that whats mostly stressing me out about after the baby is born is that they're just going to turn up at inconvenient times and I might be not dressed, looking a state, trying to get the hang of breast feeding, or we might be trying to catch up on some much needed rest. Seriously, this really stresses me out and he doesnt get it. They're very loud and tactless and wherever they go they cause chaos, and thats just not me. I like peace and calm and order in my life.

Anyway, I had to get that off my chest, sorry! Still got the aches and pains and feeling really hot and tired. I will try and calm down now. Hope everyone else is ok?

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 7:59pm

FC79 - How annoying that your in-laws just turn up! I hope they learn that that is not gonna happen when your LO arrives, it just wont be practical. Could your DH not have a word?
Are you still having symptons?? Hope this is the start for you xx How exciting!!

The symptoms for PUPPP is just a very annoying rash on your belly. Its now moving up to my boobs so i'm gonna have a word with the MW next week about it cos the cream the Dr gave me is doing nothing! X(

AFM - Had the scan this afternoon and very glad to report all seems to be fine. At the last scan (27 weeks) his head measurement was a little on the large side but they have said that the rest of his has caught up now and his measurements have all evened them out which is great. Fluid is good, head down, measurements fine so :thumbsup: His very VERY wriggly today! Have had a few twinges where i've had to just stand there and breathe through them but they are so irregular that i'm not taking any notice of them.
They said that his predicted weight at the moment is 6lb 8oz at the mo :faint: which is good and the lady said that it doesnt necessarily mean that he'll put on loads of weight before due date and to not worry. We'll see I suppose!!

BooBoo - Not sure what I would do tbh, probably what FC said about accepting then deciding closer to the time xx

Hope everyone is doing well and resting up xxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 8:45pm

Good evening ladies

FC - wow I hope this is the start of labour hun so you can finally meet your LO. As for your in-laws that would drive me mad too. Fortunately, despite my DH's parents living down the road (one at each end as they're divorced!) they rarely just turn up without checking first. His mum I think is too scared to come round as she feels like she is bothering us LOL! xx

Shelley - glad your scan went well. That weight sounds perfect. Not too big and not too small :) xx

Suki - glad your scan went well too. I think 6 pounds is a good weight and not too small. What does raspberry leaf tea do? xx

Booboo - how spooky, we have just had an invite through the door for a wedding in August! My best friends sister. However I have already decided to decline it. I would just rather be at home and trying to establish a routine and breastfeeding before I venture into the outside world LOL! I will be dying to show our son off but for me I just think it's too soon. It depends how comfortable you are I suppose so like the others have said you could accept but say you may drop out last minute xx

How did the BF antenatal class go?

Harry - sorry to hear about your BP. When I have mine tested they say it's always on the low side. I'm like you hun - when I found out I had GD I was then researching it on the internet and some of it reassured me but some made me worry about what could happen to my LO xx

Not really much to report from me. I was at the hospital yesterday to have a check up on my diabetes and my diet. Can you believe I have now been told I am eating too many carbs!! I have had a couple of high readings so when they asked me what I had eaten they said it's too much carbs. One meal was a jacket potato with cottage cheese and cous cous. She said I should have had salad instead of cous cous. And there's me thinking I was being healthy!! I worry that I am not eating enough as we're suppose to consume more calories in this trimester aren't we? I'm scared of eating snacks in between meals in case they affect my readings. I would normally have fruit but that is full of natural sugar. I was in Morrisons last night reading labels and felt like crying as all the foods I love seem to be bad. I just want to ensure I control it through diet so they don't put me on insulin. I've bought a diabetic cookbook on my kindle and found a website with loads of recipes on so will give those a try. The bizarre thing is muesli is on there to have as breakfast but that has loads of sugar in it LOL! Anyway, I'm sure I will find a diet I enjoy soon. It's going to be trial and error. I am making a note of the meals I am having where my readings are fine. Tonight I had chicken salad with no carbs and my reading was the lowest it has been after a meal.

Anyway, I'm off to bed with my book. Hoping I get a comfortable nights sleep - still suffering with backache and hipache. It's all worth it though :)

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 8:49am

Hoping - your diet sounds like a bit of a nightmare bless ya,, hope you manage to find a balance soon xx

FC79

Ace

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 12:41pm

Morning.

No more developments from me. I thought I had a couple of contractions last night, they felt slightly different to braxton hicks and slightly painful. I had 2 that were 25 minutes apart and really thought it could be it, then nothing for the rest of the night!!

I barely slept last night thinking about the in-law situation, I can really see them just turning up whenever they want when the baby is brand new and we're feeling rubbish. Shelley, I've asked my DH to talk to them and just explain nicely that it would be alot easier if they phone first, but I dont know if he will. They dont have a very good relationship, his dad was a bit of a bully as he was growing up and whatever he did was never good enough for his parents, I think he still feels like the little boy looking for their approval and never likes to approach anything that might cause a reaction from his dad. I think he's just glad they're paying him some attention really! I think Im over worrying as my brains way to stop me thinking about labour tho! i wouldnt usually take it this much to heart. I'd usually just think, if they turn up and I dont feel up to visitors, I just wont answer the door!

Hoping, it must be such a pain with your diet. Its crazy how much sugar is in foods we just dont think about, and what you think would be healthy choices you still cant eat. Have they given you any sample menus or ideas of a variety of foods you could eat? If not, maybe you could look online for ideas, it must be a nightmare thinking of different things that are filling, healthy and low in sugar.

Shelley, glad your scan went well, that weight sounds very healthy, well done you!

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 1:54pm

FC - maybe it is the start of slow labour?! I hope everything goes OK for you anyway hun. Do give us daily updates :smile: xx

I know someone has mentioned hypnobirthing before but has anyone tried it and if so how was the labour? I've just purchased a book and CD off Ebay. As I have less than 10 weeks left (assuming I go full-term) I am starting to feel anxious about labour and I really want to be able to control it as best I can and not scream and make stupid noises like these women you see on One Born Every Minute or Deliver Me LOL!! I am a wimp when it comes to pain so open to pain relief but would feel very proud of myself if I can control it for as long as I can. I suspect it's mind over matter and practising certain breathing techniques?!

Shelley - yeah finding a suitable diet is a bit of a nightmare. I don't mind chicken salad but it is pretty boring, even with a nice low fat dressing. I can't live on that for the next few weeks. Hopefully I will get some tasty recipes from the diabetic cookbook I downloaded on my Kindle xfingers

My belly is like something out of alien LOL! He moves around so much I love it. Such an amazing feeling.

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

suki

Ace

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 2:03pm

FC79, I really feel for you, I got home on the Sunday night after 4 nights in hospital after DD, had a terrible first day and night at home, no sleep etc and my dad actually phoned to say he was coming over that evening, I said I felt terrible and was going to bed and he just wouldn't listen, he appeared at about 7.30, proceeded to take pictures of DD until the flash woke her up, made no effort to leave by 10 and only left when I went upstairs and DH told him that he could just put the lights out when he left as we were going to bed. He just refused to listen to me at all and I was so tired I just couldn't argue, he couldn't see what the problem was, my sister actually told him before her DD was born a few weeks ago, that he wasn't to come to the house unless she said it was ok as she didn't want a repeat performance....
I think your DH has to put you and the baby first and have a word now, far less confrontational than both of you being tired and having to broach the subject with them there in the house at an inappropriate time. Just my thoughts on the subject. Have you had any more twinges? Ooh you could be labouring away as I type!

What is it with all these weddings?

We've got an invite to a friends wedding 4 weeks after my due date, the whole do and the tiny kirk they are getting married in holds a maximum of 90 folk so we were so chuffed to be invited to the whole thing. She lives in Dubai now and her hubby is a millionaire..... lovely guy, but I can't believe we'll miss it. I knew just how many folk started out on the invite list and how they struggled to choose who to invite :bawl: But we felt we couldn't accept just in case I went over. They are having a massive bash after the service, so her mum has just said if we can actually make it, to just come to the house to be with the bride and family before the service, to relax in their ( massive ) house during the service and just pop out to see them come out of the church and get a couple of pics and just come to the reception for the meal for as long as we can manage, which I thought was really kind of her as she doesn't know us very well. So we can just play it by ear nearer the time.... what to wear????
Anyway DD has just gone down for a nap so I'm of to put my feet up for an hour, Bliss.

suki

Ace

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 2:08pm

Hoping, I'm trying the hypnobirthing although in all honesty I'm finding it hard to do the relaxation stuff. I'm just viewing it as a way of me taking control a bit, my goal is to labour at home for as long as possible and even if I decide i want an epidural or remifentanyl PCA when I get to hospital, I'll still have managed better than last time. Mrs Harper on here had a home birth with hypnobirthing, maybe you should PM her?

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 2:21pm

Afternoon ladies

Suki my LO is having her nap too so whilst I wait for dog groomer to come thought I'd have a nosey!!

Hoping, sorry you're having probs with your food. I would imagine eating more protein than carbs would be better for your levels, hopefully you'll find something nice!

All you lot are far too social lol! We only have a 70th birthday party but not til September. I would explain the situation to the people and just say that you are going to have to see nearer the time. If feeding is going well I would go if you feel up to it.

AFM, I had a scan today and baby is already estimated to be around 6.5 pounds. It's stomach. head and abdominal circumference are all around 37-38 already :faint: Anyway, based on this and other issues from the last birth I now have a date for my section so 4 weeks, 6 days and counting, unless baby decides to come earlier! Nice to have a final date though.

Hi to everyone else xx
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 2:58pm

Hi ladies,

I hope you are all well. cant believe Im in the 3rd trimester now and literally cant wait to have me wee boy.

I read all of your posts everyday but dont really write as Im crap at keeping in up with you all feel guilty that I dont reply as much as you all do however I really did want to post about Hypnobirthing after reading your post Hoping.

I have just completed a hypnobirth course with the most lovely teacher (she had a very traumatic hospital 1st birth and has since had 2 hypnobirth babies at home and said it was amazing so trained to be a practioner). Nick and I spent £250 and had she came to our house for 5 3 hours classes and she will also come to see us a week or so before our estimated due date - she is also on email and the end of the phone if we need to speak to her 24hours a day 7days a week. It was the best money I have spent EVER (apart from our IVF) and I am now absolutely 100% looking forward to the birth of our little boy - some of you may think Im mad but I am being 100% truthful. If you read the book it all makes sense - women are designed to have babies and its the most natural thing in the world, we have all be programmed to fear labour over the years so we now associate it with pain and all we talk about is pain relief etc when 96% of woman can birth naturally. Im all for facts and figures and statistics and looking at them it suggest it works and Im not an airy fairy hippy type and I tell you this has changed my world!

One thing we obsess about is hearing horror stories about birth and we never listen to the woman who have had a good natural drug free birth - look on you tube for hypnobirth births it will AMAZE you!

Anyway Im not going to preach as each to their own and all that but if you get the chance or feel like you would like to consider hypnobirth DO IT!!!!!

I was shocked by my midwifes attitude when I asked for a homebirth using a birthing pool and hypno birthing - she spouted of for 10mins about how babies can be born with abnormalities (she said this while pointing to my IVF line in the book, Im bloody furious), some dont breath, you can be in huge amounts of pain etc etc arent these people meant to take care of us and make us feel comfortable and relaxed instead of putting the fear of god into us about giving birth which after all woman have been doing for millions of years. I have asked to see another midwife and if I do have to give birth in the hospital I have to know they are 100% behind us with hypnobirthing. Ah the joys of trying to do something that should hopefully make things less scary, painful and hard!

Anyway I will shut up now and get off my high horse.....

Look after those bumps ladies and not long to go now! woohoo!!!

lx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Friday, May 20th 2011, 11:36am

Morning lovelies

hope your all good and looking forward to the weekend. I came home from work yesterday as i felt i was coming down with something and sure enough today i have sore throat and blocked nose. i think its a virus as i feel exactly the same as i did 2 months ago when i had a virus. it must be the low immune system we have when preg and i've been tired lately so i suppose wearing myself out won't help. I'm not going to the docs as there's nothing i can take other than paracetamol so i'm just taking that and hoping the sore throat disappears soon as thats the worse thing when u can't take anything for it.

had a really bad nights sleep last night and i've obviously not gone into work today. I've had a right palava with work anyway about reducing my hours and i'm not doing it anymore. its turns out i had to take the whole hour a day as unpaid rather than taking time out of my breaks and it would work out i loose £400 before my mat leave....so not worth it for the sake of an hours reduced work a day!! so yesterday i thought sod it and came home when i felt ill. i'm thinking of taking my mat leave at 36 weeks now as i can't carry on like this and in the mean time i'll just phone in sick if i'm not feeling upto going in. i'm past caring about work now......

FC79 - how annoying hun with the inlaw situation. you really must get your dh to talk to them whether he has a good relationship with his dad or not. your relationship with dh and your baby is no.1 and its no good you been stressed out and worrying about the situation when your new baby arrives. My inlaws usually let us know before they pop down but they also cause chaos sometimes as they all come together with SIL's and 5 children all squashed together in my living room. so i know how annoying it can be hun. Hope u get the situ sorted.your dh can just say nicely that he'd like some notice before they come round just to give yourselves chance to get ready for it if your are in the middle of something. i think most people have situations with parents and inlaws when new babies arrive. my mum once told me she'd be coming round every day when buba's born cos she doesn't want to miss a day of her been tiny and as much as i love my mum i had to say that was a bit excessive...lol. anymore contraction like pains anyway hun?? xx

Hoping - can't believe that about your diet. no wonder your lossing weight if you have to cut out sugar and carbs. i'd be constantly starving i was to cut down on carbs. eating lots of protein is supposed to fill you up - its whether your a big meat eater though, i know i'm not. Hope your get it sorted soon and you can avoid the insulin. the Bf'ing anti-natal class was good hun, i'm just going to have to try and remember everything now...lol. we were shown different holding positions to feed the baby and reduce risk of mastitis and told to get used to feeling our boobies more....lol. i'm defo all rearing to go now on trying BF'ing and really hope i can manage it. good to hear nathans been wriggling around in there. its funny cos the last week my movements have got alot stronger too where i can see things poking through my tum. our pregnancies are very alike sometimes...lol xxx

shelley -good to hear your scan went well hun xx

phillipa - thats a good weight your baby has there. glad your scan went well and count down to our CS - how exciting!! xx

Hiya to suki and Lozza G - hope your both well.

well thanks for the wedding advice ladies. think as it is a buffet wedding rather than a formal sit down meal i might see if i can let them know nearer the time. it would be great to be able to go and show off my bubs but i wont out myself under pressure. seems like there's alot of weddings for us all in here :happy: i have a wedding night doo to go to next week and i'm looking forward to that cos i can get dressed up and i have a lovely maxi dres that makes my bump look awesome :D

anyway huns, enough ramblings from me. off to put my feet up and fight this virus off :box:

take care all and have good weekends :xxx3:

FC79

Ace

Friday, May 20th 2011, 4:38pm

Thanks for the advice Booboo. No more news from me, went into town earlier and walking round the shops I felt very heavy and had a few little twinges. Nothing major tho, Sunday we will get out for a good long walk and maybe have a curry for dinner, see if that helps things along!! Hope you feel better soon, your right not to care about work, put yourself first and get lots of rest.

United Kingdom

Friday, May 20th 2011, 6:07pm

Hi guys,

FC - Could you just not answer the door? You may get to that point anyway if they dont decide to listen. I know if LO is asleep, i'll be sleeping too and if anyone knocks they can come back later!! Shame you've had no more real indications of it all starting. I've started to really struggle recently, I was in allot of pain this morning (achey pain down below) and got a little paniced but then I managed to fall back to sleep so was obviously nothing.

BooBoo - Hope you feel better later. Glad you've decided to put yourself first, if work is going to take its toll on you then maybe its a good idea to thnk of taking your mat leave at 36 wks to get some well deserved rest x

AFM - Feeling very tired all the time and got a couple of twinges yesterday, LO keeps pushing very hard down below (feels like his trying to break through), really hurts ;(
I popped to the walk in docs this morning as the rash i had on my tummy at the start of the week has spread to my boobs and back, I waited from 9:15 until about 10.40am!!! The doc asked how many weeks I was then told me off for sitting out there for so long, told me to ring up if i need to come again and they will tell me to come in for a certain time so i'm not sat in the waiting room for ages (wish they had told me!). She reckons its still nothing to worry about and has given me a different cream.
Me and DH treated ourselves to a trip to the cinema this afternoon........ wasnt the best idea! We saw pirates of the caribbean and I forgot that LO reacts to noise and man did he!!!! 8| Wow, he didnt stop, I feel all battered and bruised inside and im sure his very happy for the rest now, bless him xxx

FC79

Ace

Friday, May 20th 2011, 7:35pm

Hi, Shelley, thanks, I sdid say to DH that if they dont listen I just wont answer the door, after a few wasted journeys they should soon get the hang of ringing first!

Your rash sounds nasty, must be really annoying, hopefully that cream will work for you.

FC79

Ace

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 11:51am

Morning, where is everyone?!!

Hope you've all had lovely weekends, and have been too busy doing nice things to come on here!

Im now 2 days overdue and starting to feel quite impatient! Im not particularly uncomfortable or fed up being pregnant, its just the uncertainty, I feel a bit left in limbo. Im really keen to get the labour over with now and get on with our life with a baby. I havent got any plans for this week, except the midwife will come Friday, if nothing has happened by then, really hope I have the baby by then tho! Think I will go for a walk later. I had a curry Sat night, but that just left me with a sleepless night from indigestion! No more signs of anything happening tho, looks like this baby is happy where it is at the moment!

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 12:59pm

Morning ladies.

it has been rather quiet in here this weekend.

i've been ill all weekend and i'm still not feeling great today so i'm still off work. I've not managed to fight off the sore throat yet which is the most annoying thing cos it keeps me awake at night when i have to breathe through my mouth making it worse. Also the only thing i can take apart form paracetamol is honey and lemon with lemonade or water that gives me indigestion, so it a chioce between sore throat or soothing it and then having heartburn....oh the joys!!

went to the dr's this morning cos its the 5th day i've felt like this and now i feel chesty but there's nothing they can do. i tried to get the dr to sign me off for the rest of the week but i have to self certify until wednesday first and make sure work won't take time off my mat leave for been sick (which i don't think they do until i'm 36 weeks but my dr told me to check). would have been nice to have the rest of the week off to recover but i guess i'll just have to see how i get on until wednesday. its the lack of sleep from been ill that makes me feel the worse. hey ho.....

also on saturday i went for a dog walk then out for some tea with my mum (thinking it would make me feel better - it actually made me worse yesterday) and then i stated getting like mild period type pains. has anyone else has these? they went away without getting too painful but if they happen again i'm thinking of going to get checked out. it might be just because i wasn't resting though and my bump is getting heavy.

i sound a right mardy bum today don;t I.....

hope everyone else has had a better weekend than me and your all ok.

FC79 - hope your LO makes an appearence soon hun. how exciting, it could be any time this week :D

shelley - hope your rash has gone. are u still feeling all uncomfortable? are u full term yet??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

suki

Ace

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 4:51pm

Booboo, hope your feeling a bit better, poor you, would your GP not see you again on Wed and sign you off then if you are still feeling so unwell?
FC79 have you resorted to [zx084] yet? I was told to keep a tissue with clary sage oil neaar to me from 38 weeks onwards to help induce labour too, it worked with DD!
Shelley, hope your new cream is helping?
AFM, was supposed to go for a days professional chef tuition, italian day, with friends yesterday but back and left sacro iliac joint p ain meant I had to cancel :sadface: . Its driving me mad as I'm getting very little sleep and there is so much stuff in the house I need to do but physically just can't get on with. I did manage to clean under our bed today, woo-hoo what an achievement! How sad is that? but the amount of dust was scary and I've found 3 missing pairs of shoes! Anyways, think I'll go and spring DD from nursery early as the weather is rubbish, its more like autumn than summer in Glasgow, rain and gale force winds.... lovely!
I hope everyone else is ok?

United Kingdom

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 7:21pm

Hiya all :)

FC79 - Oooo!! I hope your little one wants to come out before Friday. I feel the same as you and just want to get on with being a mummy!

BooBoo - You poor thing, hope your feeling better soon. Thats not nice xx How about putting some a olbas oil in boiling water in a tub (thats what i've been doing), that should help clear your nose. Might be worth a go but will stink!! :snigger:
I've been getting period type pains today but nothing major so have just ignored it.
I'm officially full term as of the friday just gone so very excited!

My rash is still no better (worse to be honest) but they've just given me cream that doesnt do anything.

I'm very uncomfortable and get pains under my bump if i'm out and walking too much so need to take it easy now really.

Suki - What a shame you couldnt go yesterday, that sounded lovely. Glad you've managed to get some bits done today.

AFM - I went to a surprise birthday party for my friend saturday which went really well, I sat there late at night chatting to a couple of people and someone saw LO moving around in my belly so shouted it out and i had about 10 people stare at my belly waiting for him to move again...... and he did not disappoint! :snigger: Although it was hurting me a little bit, he was having a great time in there and everyone thought it was brilliant to watch!!!
I popped out to meet a friend for a coffee yesterday and was out for about 2 hours and my belly started to feel very VERY heavy and got some pains in my groin so gave up and came home, when I put up my feet DH was so shocked he took pics of my huge ankles!!

I went to have a look at the pics from my bump photoshoot today with my MIL as DH was getting on with uni work. I was quite disappointed really X( ..... the photographer was very pushy and kept telling me that she is very highly paid and so was the makeup artist and thats why they charge £95 per picture (8x6) after picking your free one and what package did I want, how much did i want to spend and that I was paying for their expertise (they started at £350!). She got me really angry. To be honest I didnt really like the majority of them as i've put on some weight round my face and the way she had me smile made my face look awful! I asked it I could split the package between the bump and baby pictures but no, and I think once she had realised I wasnt going to spend a ton of money she just wanted to get rid of me. Even my MIL said afterwards that she thought the lady was very rude and dismissive towards me. I picked a black and white one of me looking down at my bump and am really pleased with it, i'll be going back with our little one for our other free pic but wont be spending any money with them. I wouldnt recommend the place I went to as I didnt like the way i was treated, shame really as its spoilt the experience. DH said not to worry about going back with LO but I'm going to, even if it is just for the free pic :snigger:

Anyway, started on my kindle today and have to say....... love it!!

Take care all, cant believe its a matter of weeks before we become mummy's! Come on little man..... mummy wants a cuddle with her little miracle :happy:

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 9:16pm

Hi Everyone, hope you are all well, just thought I'd pop on and say hello. Can't believe James is 5 weeks old today! I just put him on the bathroom scales and he's a stone so a right chubba wubba.

Sorry not to do personals to everyone but we had James' christening yesterday and I am madly clearing up whenever he sleeps, have just popped on here for a break.

Hoping - just thought I'd comment on diet. I was so the same as you first time but ended up on insulin, this time I understood my diet a lot more and only needed metformin (have they mentioned that, as very unlikely they'd jump you straight to insulin). It is really tough to cut down on the carbs but it is really them that can have an effect. It varies though, wholewheat etc is much much better. Have you tried wholewheat pasta/brown rice etc as I always found my readings were fine even if I ate loads of those. And sometimes what you eat it with can make a difference, like if I had lentil bolognaise it was a winner and I could eat toast with peanut butter but not with plain marmite??? I was also exactly the same with the snacks, petrified to eat the wrong thing, however if you don't snack it can actually have a detrimental effect on your mealtimes as you are making the peaks and troughs worse, also you probably eat more at meals as are more hungry if you don't snack. A single piece of fruit, or some nuts/seeds can help even out your meal time readings later. I could have the same meal and have a high reading if I hadn't eaten all day or a low reading if I'd had a couple of healthy snacks in between. It's about smoothing out your blood sugars rather than making it as low as possible if that makes sense. Nuts in general really worked for me and in terms of fruit if you stick to the more fibrous ones (mangos etc) they should be alright in small doses, I just had to stear clear of oranges and grapes. Melon was a great breakfast which barely lifted my sugars at all bizarrly so worth a try. You are right to give a few things a go and just monitor your readings, if you know what caused a peak and don't have it again they can't really make you go on to insulin. Also - just in case - even on insulin & metformin my babies were beautiful, easily delivered naturally, not massive, and very healthy.
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 2:10am

Hello ladies, I'm very excited to be joining you over here on 3rd tri.
Havent had chance to read up but I'm pleased to see some familiar names, I hope you are all doing well.
It feels like the countdown to seeing baby now. Still got a house move to do 1st but things are going well with that so xfingers !! Get lots of movement but started a movement chart as some days i think it's less than others.
Anyway must get back to work. Speak again soon.
Adreamz :xxx3:

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 9:27am

Wecome adreamz - lovely to see u over here hun :thumbsup:

Hi to everyone else. just on my way to mw apt and then i'm going to have a go at going back to work. i won;t get there until 11 so its a bit like having a half day and i'm feeling better today so hopefully won;t be too bad. i'm still chesty though so i'll just see how i get on.

i started with the period type pains again last night and ended up ringing the maternity assesment unit at the hospital. the mw said they sounded like braxton hicks as i've had them on and off sinse saturday. i expected to feel BH on my bump but apparently some people get them as AF pains or back ache. i bet they know the sound of my voice at the hosp i ring so many times worrying about different things :snigger: glad to be seeing my ma today though cos then she can reassure me too.

anyway must dash to mw apt...... hope your all well xxx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 9:57am

Hi ladies,

Adreamz - Welcome to the third Tri!!! xxxx

Caz - Cant believe James is 5 weeks already, he looks gorgeous xx

I had a very painful wake up call this morning, a huge period type pain on my right side under my bump. will ring the hospital just to check whether i need to worry about it. Am getting really anxious now :S

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 11:40am

Hi everyone,

I'm joing the 3rd tri now as well - can't believe it.

Shellley - hope you're OK honey. Could this be a sign that things are starting to happen?
BooBoo - I really sympathise with you at the mo as I'm also really ill with a bad cough and cold and am off work. I came home from work last wed and was off Thurs and then I went back in a Fri which I shouldn't have done as I was really ill over weekend and have had to have yesterday and today off. don't see myself going in tomorrow either. Hope you're not going back to work too soon.

Feels like I'm really far behind most of you. Had to see occupational health this morning as the Head at my school sent me to see if they could help as I've had a tough pregnancy really. The woman was really nice but said she wasn't sure why I'd been sent to occupational health as there's not much they can do. She didn't think school have been very supportive though and didn't think I should be doing what I'm doing working in a hot, stuffy environment with 8 cookers on. But she said that I'd either have to struggle on as I have been or go on leave early. Thing is I don't want to go on mat leave early as I want more time with LO so I guess I'll struggle on for now.

Hope everyone is OK x

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 1:57pm

shelley - did u find out what your pain was this morning? maybe the begginings of things.....???

Rocky - good to see u in here too hun :thumbsup: oh having a virus/cold is just dreadful when your preg isn't it? :sadface: I'm back at work now but tbh i prob should have taken today off too. my job doesn't sound as stressful as yours though cos i'm just sat at a desk all day doing mundane paper work, its just the commute i find hard. Are u a cookery teacher or something? that does sound hard when your at the last stage of pregnancy to be stood up in a hot environment. Hope u manage to shake off your illness soon hun.

well i went to see my MW today and she had a feel of buba to see how she's lying and she doesn't know ?( She said i have very good stomach muscles so can't feel buba properly..... i've don't think i've done a sit up in my life so don't know why i have good stomach muscles....lol. i go back in 2 weeks and if she still can't feel then i'm going to have another scan to check bubs still isn;t breech. but apart from not knowing whether buba is laying breech or not everything is ok. personally i still think she's breech cos i feel kicks low down as oppose to at the top of my bump.

anyway i'm at work now and getting the silent treatment. i can just tell people will have been complaining behind my back while i'v been away sick. they have no compassion to the fact i'm pregnant, they'll prob just think i was been lazy. anyway sod em, couldn't give a s**t what some idiots i work with think. been pregnant and ill wasn't fun and not one of them has asked if i'm feeling any better apart from my boss. grrrrrrr :evil:

anyway just sorted my maternity leave out and my last day is thursday 16th june....yipppeeeeeee happydance can't wait to bloody get out of here :D

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 6:33pm

Hi ladies,

Well the hospital said that it sounds like braxton hicks and to keep and eye on things as i'm full term. She also said that it sounded like i have had a show as i had a pinkish discharge last night. Just got to wait and see nowl.
Have a midwife appointment tomorrow and am going to have a chat with her about how exhausted i am and i've been very VERY emotional lately too.

Rocky - Welcome to the third tri sweetie xxxx

BooBoo - Glad your mw app went ok, apart from her not knowing how she is lying!! My mw keeps getting confused about what way my LO is lying but i'm pretty sure he hasnt moved round again as he still kicking in the same way so think all is well in there. Your colleagues sound very mean BooBoo, if your not well then your not well. You cant help it and would definitely prefer not to be ill i'm sure. How annoying! 16th June! Not long now then!!

I've checked my bank today and my work have mucked up my pay already!!! They have paid me £200 too much X( DH has said dont worry, its their problem but if i dont get it sorted out and they just take it back whenever it might leave me short so will have to try and sort that out now!! Got to arrange for my wage slips to be sent home too as they havent done that either, useless!!!!

I honestly feel so exhausted right now...... I walked round the corner with DH and the dog earlier and when i got back i was so breathless and tired. I keep looking round the house and getting annoyed with how much dust there is how much needs doing but i just physically cant drag myself around to do it. I havent said anything to DH as his concentrating so hard on uni work just in case our LO decides to arrive any time now so its all just left and its so frustrating!!
I have some friends coming round tonight for a catch up, luckily i've had a sleep this afternoon so am feeling a bit more with it than earlier.
I still really really want to re-upholster my rocking chair but cant get the bits to do it, i need foam and nice material that will go with the nursery but cant find it anywhere! I can see it not getting done for a long while now as i'm not going to have the time once LO arrives. DH has said to just put it into the local upholsterers but they quoted £175 to do it!!!! I can probably get it done for £20!

Anyway, off to sit for a while and maybe find something small to eat before my friends pop over later xx

Take care all xxxxx

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests