You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

FC79

Ace

Reg: May 19th 2009

Friday, May 6th 2011, 11:37am

Hi all, I dont really know where to start as I feel I know you all so well, but you dont know me!! I have to admit I have been stalking you for months!!!

Some of you might remember me from the August thread last year, seeing Easter eggs on here is what sparked me to actually post. I had ICSI in March last year which was BFN, then in Aug did FET and that worked! I am due 21st May.

When I went on first trimester, I was so scared I would jinx the pg, so thought I would just read the posts and not post til after 12 week scan. After 12 week scan I decided it was tempting fate to post before 20 week scan, and so it went on...!! I finally at 38 weeks feel like Im actually going to have a baby, Im not even feeling impatient about it cos after 3 years and so much waiting for appointments, referrals, test results, I think I have a maximum of 4 weeks left til I meet our baby, and that seems like nothing compared to the last few years.

I remember caz, Congratulations, and Hoping from the FET thread. and like I said easter eggs, wishing you the best of luck with your next FET.

So here I am, finally, Hello to you all and hope your all feeling well today!

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, May 6th 2011, 12:25pm

FC79 - hearing your reasons for not posting, I reckon there are lots and lots of people thinking the same thing. I can admit to thinking the same things and have lurked far more than I've participated, for the same reasons as you mentioned.

I hope you're feeling OK at 38 weeks - that's full term! You could be next!
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

FC79

Ace

Friday, May 6th 2011, 12:30pm

Thanks chillimint. I cant believe Im full term already, although it does feel in some ways as if I've been pregnant forever! I feel strangely calm and patient at the moment, after wanting this for so long Im not in any hurry for it to come yet. Im really enjoying the last few weeks of being at home, sorting out the house and getting everything ready for the baby. How many weeks are you?

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, May 6th 2011, 12:59pm

I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow. Well, my IVF dates put me at 36 weeks, but the 12 week dating scan puts me at 37 weeks. My midwife is going with 37 weeks although I figure that its only going to be an issue if and when the subject of induction comes up.

It is quite surreal how time takes on a whole new character - on one hand, from being in a rush to be at the end, but now when the end is in sight, there's just a whole load of other things to think about. Despite the presence of a bump, sometimes it just doesn't feel "real".

If you don't mind me saying, you do sound very relaxed indeed! :happy:

FC79

Ace

Friday, May 6th 2011, 1:33pm

I dont mind you saying that at all! I cant quite understand why I feel like this, usually Im an impatient person. I was saying to my DH the other day, I feel a bit of a phony not working as I feel fine! Maybe the baby will just stay put! I know what you mean about it not feeling real, I think as it took me so long to believe that this is actually happening, Im now just at the stage where the baby is something that just wriggles around inside me and not a crying pooing little person who will be here soon!

Its funny that your scan put you a week ahead, with IVF you know exactly how many weeks you are, thats for sure! At my last mw appointment at just over 37 weeks, I measured for 39, so dont know if that means it might come early or just that it might be a bigger than average baby!

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, May 6th 2011, 4:23pm

LOL! If LO stays put, you could break records for the world's longest pregnancy :) Did you have the option of working any longer? I suppose its a bonus having a bit of time for yourself and feeling good enough to do something with the days. I'm still working (am self-employed) and couldn't imagine not doing so, as I'm just feeling larger, rather than unwell.

Your wriggling bump will be dressed in a babygro and a nappy within a maximum of four weeks!

FC79

Ace

Friday, May 6th 2011, 6:58pm

I couldnt really work any longer, I finished last week. I think Im only feeling this good cos Im not working. im a nanny so running round after 3 children was getting way too much.

Thats good your feeling so well too, especially as being self employed I expect you'll want to work for as long as possible. I only get smp too, not great.

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 10:24am

Hoping - Hope your back is feeling better xx

Chilli - Hope your moses basket matress comes ok and its the right size, I think if this one turns up and its wrong then i'll just go and buy a complete moses basket as its getting silly now! I want to get everything sorted out and its doing my head in waiting. When are you starting Mat leave?

FC79 - You made me smile talking about putting off posting, its so nerve wracking isnt it. I'm glad you have though - Welcome :) You are so near, how exciting! Cant wait to hear the news of your bundle of joy arriving xx Enjoy your time off before little one arrives xxx

AFM - Since giving up work last week i cant believe how busy i've been! We were out all day yesterday, I had my photo shoot done (have to go back in 2 weeks to view them) which was lovely and i'm hoping they arent all going to too lovely as i'll want them all!!! We did some shopping and DH bought a suit for the wedding next weekend. I was so tired by the end of it and my ankles were huge so i spent all evening on the sofa with my feet up! I managed to get the cot sheets i wanted so more washing today!
Its our anniversary tuesday and DH bought me a Kindle, am hoping that i'll make use of it, do you ladies have one?

I think i'm gonna have a lazy weekend as DH is at work and I feel like my feet need the rest!! Just want to get my hospital bags done then I can relax!

Have a great weekend all xxxx

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 3:43pm

Hi FC It's great to hear from you again, I am so delighted fo you and can't wait to see your pictures too xxx

United Kingdom

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 5:31pm

Hi EE, forgot to say hi and good luck for your next tx xx Hope your ok xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 7:22am

Morning! Welcome FC79. Wow. Not long to go! Quite a few people getting so close - very exciting!

Had a lovely day out in Bruges yesterday for my birthday but exhausted now! Very hot over there yesterday so had to indulge in waffles with chocolate sauce, strawberries and ice cream! :happy:

Feeling bigger now (even though everyone keeps telling me how 'neat' I am!) and LO is wriggling more than ever! I thought you started to feel less movement around now rather than more! Can see him moving around lots of times each day - like an alien in there! - and as for moving from side to side when I'm lying down - boy does he kick and let me know he's not too keen on being moved around so much!

4 more weeks to go until mat leave! Yay! Haven't got everything sorted yet but not miles off. Big things left include baby monitor, a bit of furniture for the nursery (tho maybe just a chest of drawers as room is small and we're being given a cotbed and moses basket) and a car seat. Then it's just a few little bits. Going to be flexing that credit card a bit over the next few weeks!

Have a good Sunday. Looks like a rainy one. Seems like a good excuse for a lazy one! ;)

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 9:59am

Hey Easter Eggs, so lovely to hear from you, we did our 2ww together, wishing you lots & lots of luck and babydust for your upcoming treatment.

Shelley, the bump pics sound like a lovely idea, I wish we'd done that as there are only about 2 pics from having DD and I think one this time! Must ask DH to at least take a couple of snaps. How are your poor ankles? I woke with swollen hands today, felt like I was wearing gloves that are too tight!

Harry it sounds like you are pretty organised! Sounds like you had a lovely birthday. We probably have everything now, mostly after DD but I have to order new mattress for the crib this week. DH has been away for the weekend so Its just been DD and me so I've indulged in some internet shopping..... essentials like a new footmuff for my DD for the new buggy ( yes I KNOW its summertime, but its a kaiser one and a bit longer than normal and it seemed like a good price and I was bored....... ) I also got another lambskin for tiddler. I was given one as a present before DD was born and it was fantastic. I was advised to sleep with it for the last week of pregnancy so that it smelt like me and then it went into her crib. We used it until she out grew it and it went everywhere she did. I would highly reccommend one. I'm having to buy a new gro egg too...... my DD has dropped, pulled and swung ours and the cable has finally broken this week. Flippin typical! I know they are far from essential but they do make life more simple.

FC79. wow you are so close now, I can't believe you worked on this long!

Chilli, did you get your mattress ok? You working ladies make me feel so guilty about being knackered at only 34 weeks! I think even if I had still been working I wouldn't have managed the 12.5 hr shifts at this stage, between my dodgy back and my unmentionable varicose vein!

anyway, hope all you lovely ladies are having a lovely relaxing weekend, I've just found out that the woman who wanted to buy my buggy, pram etc has pulled out, no reason given , even after persuading us to deliver it to her and we don't live anywhere near her town! grrrrr!

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

FC79

Ace

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 12:20pm

Morning, thank you all for the warm welcome!

Suki- you dont have to feel guilty about being knackered when you have a 2 year old running around, thats as hard as having any full time job!

Harry- happy birthday for yesterday, I've heard Bruge is lovely, bet the icecream was the best.

Hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend, I always find Im more tired at the weekends, I think its cos DH is off work so we have late nights and I cant cope with them anymore now I still wake up during the night for wee's and wake up starving for cornflakes early in the mornings!

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, May 9th 2011, 8:25am

FC - The only reason I'm still working is because I spend most of my work time sat down and can start work late. I bet as a nanny to three, you're VERY active! If I was in a more active job, I really don't know whether I'd be physically able to carry on. Yesterday I did a bit of weeding and potting in the garden and was shattered afterwards.

Shelley - I'm not too sure about when to start mat leave as I can set my own working hours to suit myself. I suppose I should have a cut off date though, and was thinking that I might call it a day in a couple of weeks. I've been rounding up and finishing off jobs over the last couple of months now so its not as if I'm hectic busy anyways. Kindle - no, I've not got one but I've seen them in the shops and was very surprised at how good they were for reading from, not like a computer screen at all. Happy anniversary for Tuesday x

Harry - belated happy birthday, Bruges sounds lovely. Those waffles sound goooood! [zx161]

Suki - Ooh…lambskins…they would be lovely, I'll look into getting one, and a gro egg too. You made me laugh when you were talking about online shopping...its just toooo easy isn't it!? Guess what I'm doing straight after making this post?! My mattress hasn't arrived yet, I'm expecting it to arrive this Friday, if the estimated delivery times are correct. I hope it comes in time. Given the length of time it would take to get another one from the same place, I'll probably be trawling the high street shops like Shelley if it doesn't arrive, or doesn't fit. How frustrating about your pram buyer. Are you selling it on ebay?

AFM - nothing much to report. I think I had a Braxton Hicks last night, but on one side only. I was in a sleepy haze though, and DH probably wouldn't have appreciated it if I'd've woken him to get his opinion on the relative firmness of different areas of my bump :snigger:.

Have a good day everyone x

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Monday, May 9th 2011, 9:54am

Morning peeps

Hope you've all had good weekends. monday morning already, but i like mondays cos its my week forward for bubs :thumbsup: I'm 30 weeks today.... only 10 left.. woohoo

FC79 - welcome hun and glad you've finally posted. i can see what u mean about not wanting to post and tempt things. i always like to post though cos i always have a million questions and worries i like to get off my chest..lol. not long now for you.... bet your so excited. i always find weekends can be tiring too for the late night reason. through the week i'll go to bed for 9.30 sometimes but in a weekend it just doesn't seem right does it... and i'm not very good at sleeping in.

chilli - how many weeks have u left? sorry.... i always forget unless people have tickers...lol. i blame the preg-head!! i'm hoping to stay at work until 38 weeks but sometimes i don't know how i'll manage it. i sit all day too at a computer but its the early mornings and commuting thats the tiring bit.

suki - i am now about to google lambskins and grow eggs [zx074] i've never hear of neither but the lamb skins sound good to have. thats rubbish about your buggy sale... X( Hopfully u'll be able to resell it.

Harry - happy b.day for yesterday hun... glad you had a good day. really wish u hadn't mentioned waffles, chos sauce and cream....i'm going to have them on my mind all day now - my absoloute favourite treat when i go to the seaside...i might have to take a trip to the supermarket now and get some :snigger: aww, bless your baby kicking u when he doesn't like u moving...lol. i feel bigger too even though my mw's measurements tell me otherwise. i'm loving my bump though and think i'll miss it when its gone.

shelly - hope u managed your relaxing weekend hun. you sound like me with the kankles (swollen ankles..lol). mine seem to be worse when the weather is warm. it feels really tight and uncomfortable doesn't it.

Hoping - hope u had a good weekend hun

AFM - i've had a bit of a relax this weekend but i always find things to do, i can't sit still thats my problem. my mum's been trying to talk me into starting my mat leave 4 weeks before bubs is due as oppose to the 2 weeks before that i'm planning. she's worried i'll wear myself out. i just keep thinking about the longer i work the longer i have with the baby though and i think i'd get bored...hmmmmm decisions!!

i've got my first antinatal class tongiht. its at the hospital so not sure how crammed in we'll all be.

I keep needing the loo so often lately. buba is breech and it seems she's a good aim at my bladder :snigger: i always feel like i need a right big wee and desperate but then its only a little one!! there's no water infection cos my wee was tested last thursday. think there's lots of pressure on my bladder though. is anyone else that bad? i'm also getting hip ache now in bed and i wake up looking like a vampire with blood in my mouth from my gums....oh the joys!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, May 9th 2011, 3:53pm

I'm 36 weeks now Booboo. I can see how early mornings might be difficult (but I've always been rubbish in the mornings, and being preggers hasn't made any difference). But if you're sleeping OK, comfortable being sat down all day and are managing the commute, and actually want to stay in work, then carrying on seems entirely reasonable. Have you got any holidays to take before your maternity leave starts?

Monday, May 9th 2011, 9:31pm

hey chillimint - no hun i have no holidays left, i've had 2 treatments of ivf this holiday year so i used them all up on 2ww ect.... All worth it though but just means my next bit of time off will be mat leave. I should have some to take when mat leave ends though. Sounds like ur doing well for 36 weeks. Think best thing i can do is just see how i get on the next month or so.

Well i went to anti natal classes tonight. 2 things came up i'm unsure about. 1 was whether i want to naturally pass the placenta or have an injection so it comes out quicker. I didn't even know i had a choice until now. Not sure i want a big chord attached to me and baby for an hour though cos i'm a bit sqeemish. Have any of u ladies thought about how u want to give birth to your placenta?

2nd thing is i really thought i'd just want to opt for an epidural more or less straight away but i think i might see how i get on without it now. I've been told its safe but would just like to see how far i can go without.

Anyway it was a good class and hubby even got to try on a pregnancy suit...lol.

Xxxxxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 25th 2010

Monday, May 9th 2011, 11:34pm

BLIMEY! It has been sooo long since I've had a free min to pop in!

Congrats Fee on the birth of your little girl :) ! bab20

Caz ! I am sooo pleased that you had such a positive birth experience! Go us with no induction at the QE2!! Glad your aftercare was better than mine!! [zx181]

Harry & co... glad I helped with hypnobirthing info! :) ...Hope you find it as useful as I did! Feel free to ask any questions!

Sorry for forgetting names and for no further personals, not had time to read all your posts and to do them justice! Plus I still feel like I have major baby brain!! baby4 gingebaby

Hope your all well xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

United Kingdom

Monday, May 9th 2011, 11:40pm

Sorry for delay... here is picture taken today of Eliza! 7.5 weeks already, can't believe it! x
MrsHarper has attached the following file:
  • Elizasmile.jpg (59.17 kB - 3 times downloaded - latest: May 10th 2011, 2:30pm)

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 8:22am

Hello ladies

MrsHarper - your little girl is gorgeous, and smiling already wow! xx

Booboo - I forgot about the placenta. I think I may opt for the injection so it's done and dusted and I can get up and shower LOL. I'm going to try and hold off for as long as I can with the epidural. I will hopefully have gas and air and may try pethadine and see how I get on with those. Re going to the loo I'm the same hun. Nathan will move and all of sudden I feel desperate to go but it's only a small amount. I am definitely needing to wee more in this trimester than the others. Loved the pic of your fella in the pregnancy suit LOL xx

Chillimint - what do braxton hicks feel like? xx

Hi FC79 - can't believe you're almost due. Do you know what you're having? xx

Shelley - I have a Kindle hun. They're really good although you can't get every book. I was after some James Patterson ones but they didn't have them, which was a bit of a pain as I was reading a series. The only problem is now whereas before I use to buy books from Waterstones or wherever, my DH would usually read them after me (we like thrillers) and he can't now because I need my Kindle to read the next one LOL! I'm very jealous of you finishing work and enjoying time at home before the LO arrives. I have 5 and a bit weeks left in work and it can't come soon enough xx

Hi to everyone else.

Not really much to report. I seem to be controlling by diabetes OK through diet though I have lost 3 pounds!! I've only put on just short of a stone and a half on since I got pregnant. That isn't a lot is it or is that normal? I am just bump though. My thighs and bum are bit flabbier but not much.

My back feels OK but my hips are driving me insane in the night. They hurt so much. I really wish I could lie on my back but I'm petrified I will stop the blood supply to my LO as that is what they say isn't it? DH has been massaging them for me before I go to bed, which is lovely but it doesn't ease them all night. I wake up for the loo (several times a night) and have to walk around the bedroom and stretch to try and relieve the pain.

Anyway, hope you're all OK.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 9:18am

Morning peeps.

i'm in here again skiving from work.... :snigger:

mrsharper - your baby is beautiful and looks a right little smiler. i love the name Eliza, its actually on mine and dh's babyname list for our little girl ;)

hoping - did u know about the placenta thing then? i obviously knew it had to come out but i didn't realise we had a choice about how and when. i doubt i'd want to sit there waiting though either thinking about it....you can choose that the chord is not cut until the placenta stops pulsating or something - that sounds a bit gross to me..lol. its funny u should mention wanting to get up and showered as soon as poss, thats the thing putting me off the epidural is that i don;t want to sit all sweaty not been able to walk - urrgghh. thats great your controlling your diabetes hun. i'm sure the weight loss will be from you and the healthy diet which is good in a way cos nathan will get exactly what he needs from you and your not putting on unnecassary weight. some ladies only put on 2stone in the whole of their pregnancy and u have 10 weeks to go so i really wouldn't worry. if your midwifes not worried than neither should you be :thumbsup:

hope everyones well today anyway. i'm not feeling as tired today even though i didn't exactly have an early night. i seem to have good days where i feel on top of the world and bad days where i have every symptom going and i feel exhausted. ah well, at least today is a good day :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 10:11am

Booboo - I knew the placenta had to come out but just thought it came straight through after giving birth LOL! Very ignorant of me. I've been too busy thinking about just pushing the baby out LOL! DH wants to cut the cord and I won't be fussed when he does it. On the TV programmes sometimes blood squirts out but on some it doesn't - I guess that is the difference between pulsating and not?!

Just heard about Kelly Brook. So so sad. It scares me.

Re my weight it's probably a good thing I don't put on loads as will hopefully be easier to lose but saying that as I have been deprived of cakes and chocolate I fear I may make up for it after the baby is born and pile on a load of weight LOL!!

xxx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 10:48am

Thanks for all your lovely comments about Eliza! :hugs: I just love her little smile, she's pulling great faces, making great little noises and saying hellooooo! Amazing! starsmile

BooBoo - nice to know its a name you may also use ;)

Hoping - Can't be long now?

Managed to have a quick read through posts... Welcome FC79! ..know what you all mean about being anxious posting! Think its natural to feel that way as our LO's are so precious to us!

Harry - belated wishes to you! Sounds like u had a gr8 bday!! [zx089]

As for the placenta thing... made me giggle! ..For those that have read my birth story you will know why! I had injection but it didn't deliver!! 7hrs later I was in theatre having it removed! So to be honest dont think it will matter either way cos if it doesnt want to come out then it won't! pmsl ...hope yours does not hang around like mine tho as not pleasant!

xxx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 11:24am

Hi All,

There are lots of familier names here and I wanted to wish you all the best with your pending arrivals.....hoping to get there too one day.

I guess this time I should have been with you as Jess was due on 20 May but I can't be right now. Keeping everything crossed I will get there soon.

Like I say good luck to everyone - the miracles contained within these pages just keep coming and it's amazing.

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

FC79

Ace

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 11:30am

Morning all!

Another lazy day at home for me. With all the bank holidays in the last couple of weeks this is my first full 5 days at home alone and Im finding it a bit strange! I've been waiting for this time in my life for years so dont want to take it for granted and WILL NOT admit to being bored! But its strange cos after being used to being so active its hard to just do nothing. I thought it would be like being on holiday and having loads of time to do all the stuff I dont usually get time for, but yesterday I had one of those days where I couldnt be bothered to do anything but frustrated at myself for doing nothing!! Today Im feeling more positive and am getting on with housework, washing baby things and Im going to make fairy cakes in a minute!

MrsHarper- Thank you for the welcome, your little girl really is beautiful, such a lovely big smile. You must be very proud to show her off.

Hoping-I dont know what Im having, I have always thought from the beginning that it is a girl, dont know why, but DH is convinced its a boy! So we'll see soon. I know what you mean about needing to lie on your back, thats one thing Im really looking forward to after birth! I get the hip pain too, I find that putting a pillow behind my back that I can roll back onto in the night helps. It takes the weight off your legs and hips without actually being flat on your back.

Boo boo- I only found out about the placenta thing in my ante natal class too! I really thought they just pulled it out straight after the baby! I think they said they recomment an injection so thats what I will go with. Im the same about wanting to get up and showered soon after. I also found out in ante natal class that you have to have a catheter in if you have an epidural. I didnt know that either. I was always planning on trying to give birth without an epidural and now I definitely want to give it my best shot. Im really keen on using the pool if available.

Chillimint- Now I think back I dont know how I stayed so active for so long, but Im glad I did as I think it definitely keeps you fit and healthy, which has got to be a good thing with labour coming up. Hopefully I be thanking those hour long school run walks that I hated at the time. I started getting lots of braxton hicks around the 36 week mark, they're so strange arent they? Hope they dont keep you awake at night.

Anyway, better get on and make my cakes! and hang all my nappies on the line. Anyone else planning on using re-usables?

FC79

Ace

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 11:32am

Hi Hayley, it must be such a difficult time for you with the due date coming up. I think about you lots. I really hope things work out for you soon and your dreams come true.

Take care.

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 11:54am

Hoping - my hubby wants to cut the cord too. i was like 'u do realise its full of blood and it'll be a bit gross'.... but he wants to do it and feel all pleased with himself so thats fine with me...lol. xx

I've just heard about kelly brook too.... its just so awful ;( there's been so many celebrities lately that have gone through the same. It terrifys me too. such a shitty sad world we live in sometimes. she was due in august so very far on to have a miscarriage :S

mrs harper - my friend had to have her placenta removed surgically too. she'd had a lovely natural labour that only lasted 7 hours or so and then the placenta wouldn't come out so she had to have an epidural anyway.... she was rather annoyed...lol. xx

FC79 - i've always known about the cathetor for an epidural and i think that scares me more than the needle in the back....lol. i can't stand the thought of a cathetor.... :S i want a pool birth too but its whether that are available isn't it. xfingers we get lucky. Hope u have a nice day keeping yourself busy baking :happy: thats one reason i don't want to go on mat leave too early is that i don't think i'll know what to do with myself...lol. xx

hayley - Hope your dreams come true soon hun. wishing u all the look in the world for when your ready to try again. It must be very difficult for you xxxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 11:59am

Hey BooBoo and thanks for your message - I am actually (if you can believe this) sitting 5 days post 2 day transfer.....dreaded 2WW!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

FC79

Ace

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 12:20pm

Wow Hayley, best of luck! I will keep everything crossed for you!!

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 12:47pm

Hayley - lovely to hear from you hun. And wow you're in the 2ww!! I must have a read of your diary to catch up on what's been happening and see when your OTD is. I really really hope it works for you and have all my fingers and toes crossed xx

FC79 - cheers for the tip about the pillow behind your back. So it's kind of like lying half way between your side and your back? xx

OMG I didn't know about the catheter!!! whoops3 Now that does make me reconsider LOL! My husband had to have a catheter once many years ago and said it was the worse pain ever LOL!! I always laugh my head off when he tells me the story. This sounds really ignorant (again sorry!) but where would they put the catheter?

xxx

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 1:06pm

hayley - aww, wow hun.....the dreaded 2ww. well i have all my xfingers xfingers crossed for you hun. I truly hope your dreams come true as you so deserve xxx

hoping - i think they just put a fine tube up your hole where u wee wee from (urethra). Its always made me feel like :faint: thinking about it. ....urrrrghhhhhhhhhhh :S
xxx

FC79

Ace

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 1:17pm

Hoping, yes the pillow supports your back and you are half way between back and side. I find it works for me anyway! As for the catheter, i think Booboo is right as to where it goes :8o: Apparently its cos its important to empty your bladder regularly during labour but the epidural suppresses the urge to go. I really dont fancy it thinking about it now, but I suppose if you've been through pain for a whole night with no sleep, you might feel very differently at the time!

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 1:24pm

OMG so the choice is labour pain or having something stuck up where we wee!! The catheter does sound painful but would it be more painful than labour?! :mmmmmm What a decision we have eh ladies LOL?! :laugh: I suppose if we were to compare the catheter may be better as that is only tiny whereas a baby's head LOL! pmsl

Well my DH will be happy cos he will get his own back laughing at me if I have to have a catheter.

Just when I was getting my head round the thought of labour I now have this to think about LOL!!

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 1:31pm

lmao well yes if u compare the size of a babies head to that of the end of a catheter i think we might go with it if it comes to it....lol.

on the plus side u could ask for the catheter to be inserted after the epidural and then hopefully we wouldn't feel it been inserted :thumbsup: i just hate the thought of it though..... :pinch:

also another thing that was mentioned by people i know who've had babies was that we have to decide if we would rather be left to rip or would we prefer to be cut u if needs be....... :faint:

isn't it great been a woman ;)

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 2:53pm

Hey, its getting busy in here! Lovely!

Hayley - big hugs for you x Thank you for such lovely words at a time when you've got so much else to think about. Been thinking about you lots.

Hoping - Well, I think that Braxton Hicks feel like very, very tight abdominal muscles on my bump area. A bit like how muscles in your leg feel when you've got cramp? I've only had a few so couldn't rightly say that they were BH! I like lying on my back too. The nearest I get to lying on my back is propped up with a few pillows and bent knees for a few minutes, sort of 90% there. Would that work to take any pressure off your hips?

Mrs Harper - awwww! Eliza is just lovely! What a biiiiig smile!

Booboo - yeah, I was just thinking the same as you this morning about good days and bad days.

FC - yes, we'd like to use resusables. How did you go about getting started? Did you bulk buy all the gear in advance or are you using one of the laundry services?

I thought that a catheter was used during EC of IVF or ICSI? Well, something felt a bit odd down there afterwards and I guessed that it might have been a catheter. I'm happy to be corrected though. Must be a whole lot different being wide awake and labouring with one, instead of sedated and dreaming. I don't fancy it at all, nothankyouverymuch, not if I can avoid it.

I've thought about the injection for the placenta thing and I'm going with the injection. At antenatal class, they said it can reduce the risk of bleeding. My iron levels are borderline so if I do lose a lot of blood then it might make me poorly.

OMG, what a decision to make - to tear or be cut? Oh jeez...what's the pro's and cons, anybody know?

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 3:10pm

Wow, lots of activity in here today!! : D

Hayley - Good luck on your 2ww! Its lovely to hear from you and I really you get your BFP xxxxxx

Mrs H - Wow, what a little stunner! That is such a cute pic!!

BooBoo - I was told about the placenta thing at the antenatel classes and i'm opting for the injection. DH hasnt said about cutting the cord but I think he probably will. Also, the tearing/cutting thing sounds awful but i've been assured that you cant really feel it compared to the pain of labour and pushing so i'm just going to see how i get on. TBH i'm so sensitive down there (not in a good way!) and i've kind of resigned myself to the fact that i'll be in a right state down there after giving birth naturally (hopefully). It doesnt bother me, i just would love to be able to have a natural birth and be back on my feet asap so that i can get into a routine with my little man :)

FC79 - I didnt know about having a catheter :faint: Thats making me think twice!

Hoping - I do the same with the pillow - I have one between my legs that also goes under my bump and also one behind my back so that i can lean in a different position without being flat on my back. Worth a go.

AFM - I'm a little pee'ved today ;( Its our anniversary and my DH has got up for work this morning and just taken a general blank card from my collection I use for emergency's and quickly wrote it out and left it downstairs for me when i got up. maybe its just my hormones today but i feel like crying cos its those little things that really matter to me and i keep thinking his gonna be different then i get let down ;( . His done nothing but play with the kindle since he bought it, downloading books ive never heard of and taking it to work to show it off, i wouldnt mind but he told me he was buying it for me to use but ive not even had a look in! This seems to happen allot! I've bought him something little that i know he'll love - hopefully!
Anyway, rant over, not allowed to get stressed as i dont want LO to feel it x
LO is really going for it in there! I think its a total myth that they start to calm down now :snigger: my belly buldges out either side, bless him, obviously his trying to get comfy. I was wondering whether i might have LO today on our anniversary but doesnt look like his ready and thats for the best, still a little early x cant wait to meet him though :D

FC79

Ace

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 3:13pm

Hi Chilli, we dont have a laundry service here (if you mean the council run schemes) I was lucky as a friend of mine (who is alot better off than me) bought a whole birth-potty pack for her little girl, used them for a few months then couldnt be bothered. So she sold me the whole lot worth £250 for £40!! Most of them havent even been opened, so Im all ready to go. For us, as much as the benefits to the environment are great, its a question of money saving. Disposables add up to alot of extra money on your shopping bill every week, and this way I have all the nappies I need til the child is potty trained, and they can all be used again if we're lucky enough to have another baby.

So Im determined not to give in and go for the disposables. These ones are called bambino mios, they have really cute little velcro wraps and look really neat aswell as not being much more trouble to put on and off than disposables.

FC79

Ace

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 3:18pm

Hi Shelley, happy anniversary! I wouldnt worry too much about your DH, sounds exactly like something mine would do! He got me a DS for my birthday a few years ago and its basically his now, I havent even seen it for ages, except when he's playing it of course! Just a couple of weeks ago at Easter, he couldnt understand why giving me the easter egg he got given by work wasnt as good as choosing one for me from the shop! Hope you have a nice evening when he comes home.

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 3:54pm

chillimint- seriously speaking i think a cut might be better than a rip...... either way i don;t want to think about it...lol. i'm jsut preparing myself for the worse but at the end of the day as long as our LO's are safe and well then who cares what pain we have to go through. it will all be worth it :happy:

i was told last night that when the babies head crowns it feel like a chinese burn down there or like when u do this with your lips :tonguestretch: but without the tongue sticking out if u get me..... that didn't seem too bad to me. we souldn't scare ourselves but i suppose its good to be prepared and know what might happen.

shelley - aww your naughty hub. they are bloody unromantic sometimes. mines not the most romantic man in the world but he's good in other ways so i just remind myself about that when i think he's thoughtless. i can always tell he just picks out the card he first see's without reading the verse or putting much thought behind it...lol. On mothersday he didn't see why i was upset cos i he didn't get me a 'wife - mothersday' card after i'd seriously hinted about them....pffft. he then got me one after he saw i was upset but it wasn't the same as if he'd have thought about it himself. i'm sure he won't have meant to upset u. i just dont think they get it sometimes thats all. Hope u have a nice evening together and happy anniversary.

FC79 - welldone on the reusuable nappies. i did think about them myself but figured disposables would be easier.... i know i'm bad. it looked a bit confusing to me though and i had enough to get my head around choosing a buggy...lol.

xxxxxx

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 4:12pm

What lovely topics are being discussed here today then lol?

1st time I just had a tiny tear, 2nd time I had an episiotomy (cut) and a tear....I also had an epidural but no catheter but I could feel half my stomach and did remember going for a wee in a bed pan...oh the glamour!! The point of having a cut is to try to stop you tearing (except in my case didn't work!) especially towards your 'back areas' so they will only do it if they have to, not sure if you can request one, not sure why you would want to? I want neither this time thank you and hence having a section.

Chillimint, I had strep B last time and had antibiotics during my delivery. I had the test on NHS though rather than privately but I haven't had it done this time as I know the hospital I'm going to don't treat it if you had antibios last time.

Shelley, men eh? Although mine is being proper lovely atm.

AFM, Still measuring huge, finding it hard to walk far now and even harder running about after a 2 year old. Very much hoping this one puts in an early appearance like her sister as physically I can't get much bigger! Got CTS now too which is such a pain, especially when pushing the pram. Just want to meet my LO now so soory about moaning x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 5:02pm

Placentas, cord cutting. catheters and tears versus cuts.

Hi ladies,

Your placenta should come out within an hour of your baby being born and it's very small and easy to deliver compared to the baby you just pushed out. You get a contraction, you get an urge to push and out it pops. You wil be asked if you would like the injection which causes your uterus to push the placenta out for you. There's evidence to suggest that blood loss is reduced with the injection but there is also a risk that the uterus can clamp down before the placenta is out which then means it must be manually removed in theatre. It's worth carefully considering if it's worthwhile having the injection if the birth has been straightforward.

If you do decide to have the injection your midwife may need to cut the cord quicklyherself to prevent the drug from crossing over from you to your baby via the placenta.

If you choose not to have the injection you can also choose for the cord to be left intact until it has finished pulsating. This means that all of the wonderful precious blood from the placenta can go into your baby rather than being wasted in the incinerator. If you choose to do this then anyone cutting the cord is unlikely to receive a squirty blood shower :D

You will only need a catheter in with an epidular if you need a pee and are unable to do it on a bed pan. There's no hard and fast rule that you need to have one in.

As for cuts and tears. The best way to avoid a tear is by listening to your midwife. They will be watching the opening of your vagina as your baby's head is being born. When it's stretched to its maximum she will tell you to stop pushing and pant for a while. This will allow your vaginal opening to stretch a little further and should help you avoid a tear although it's not a guarantee. IF it is clear that the vaginal opening isn't going allow your baby's head out and it's stopping your baby from being born then your midwife will decide to perform an episiotomy.

A tear usually heals better than a cut and they will only stitch you if you need it, otherwise a small tear or 'graze' can usually be left to heal successfully on its own.

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 8:18pm

Thanks Bells.... very informative :)

Back from dinner early as i just felt so uncomfortable trying to eat the moutain of food we were served, was nice though. My kankles are huge so am now laid on the sofa with hubby surfing while his watching Game of Thrones xx

Hope everyones having a good eve xxxxxx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 10:34pm

Placentas, cord cutting. catheters and tears versus cuts.

Hi Bells - wish they had told me the cons of the placenta injection after giving birth! I loved my homebirth and 9hr 1 min labour... was so cross that I had to be transferred in to have it removed after having the injection. Had no idea the injection could have caused it. Grrrr NO! ...My hubby and I were also peed off as they clamped the cord despite us saying we wanted to wait until it stopped pulsating. All very frustrating after a natural birth and no medical interventions!

When I was transferred in for surgery I had no choice but to have a catheter and having previously had an AWFUL experience when I was admitted with OHSS I nearly cried when they told me ...but.. I explained why I was so scared and I had a brilliant midwife, she used a numbing gel and I didn't feel a thing, they even let me have a suck on the gas and air!! lol pmsl It is however heart wrenching having to go through that and epidural AFTER a natural birth ! (So I can totally relate to your friend BOO!)

As for tears and cuts, I was always told at my hypnobirthing classes that natural tears heal better than cuts.

As it happens I didn't get any, so proof that you may not have to worry about it! - I used perineal massage technique with oils (lots of info on how to do it online) - any of you tried that? A good excuse for [zx084] with the hubby! :snigger: and it worked for me!

Best of luck to all of you! xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 10:28am

Morning ladies

Hope we're all well this morning

phillipa - are u getting to the end now then and finding it a slog? i have 10 weeks left and even i'm finding i've started to hobble around already. i can sympathise with the CPS as i've had it for the past month or so and its a right pain. i got some splints form the physio to wear for bed and i do find they help a little. hopefully your LO will come soon for u hun and not get too comfortable in there. xxx

bells - you've told me things there that my mw left out...... mw never told me that rips heal better than cuts and about the injection could mean more chance of needing placenta removed in theatre....thanks for all the info :thumbsup:

shelley - hope u had a good evening hun. xx

mrsH - thats really unfortunate for u having to go to theatre after a natural birth like my friend did. just show's however much we plan it doesn't always go as we want it to. at least you got your natural birth though and your beautiful daughter out safe :D I've heard about perineal massage...it made me :O ha ha. i have heard its a good idea in preparation for birth. xx

AFM - i went food shopping last night and even though its a chore i stocked up on lots of fresh fruit and veg. i alos got a toffee cheesecake for after tea but then i regretted stuffing myself cos come 2am and i was awake with indigestion X( i couldn't resist the cheesecake though..... i actually had a rubbish nights sleep last night. i have started with the achey hips too and the only thing that relieves it is laying on my back which i know we can't do. arr well, it'll all be worth it when i get my precious bundle. she was a little wriggler yesterday evening...i then started to worry she was wriggling too much....there's just no pleasing me....lol.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 11:51am

Morning ladies

Shelley - happy belated anniversary. My DH isn't very thoughtful when it comes to buying cards and usually grabs them last minute from the local shop though to be fair he does pick ones with nice words and is thoughtful in other ways so makes up for it. I think our hormones probably escalate how we feel hence feeling very annoyed about it. As for the Kindle nab it back off him LOL! I agree with you my LO moves loads more in this trimester - well he has up to now LOL! I would say he is moving around every couple of hours. I would hate it if he stopped moving though so not complaining but I hope it doesn't mean he will never sleep LOL xx

Oh Booboo that description of the head crowning has made me cross my legs!! Ouch! All this talk of crowning, the placenta, tearing etc is making me a bit anxious. I am very jealous of you having cheesecake. I am starting to miss cakes and chocolate. The hip ache is painful isn't it hun, and annoying? Mine is a constant wriggler too but like you I would complain if he didn't. His movements are really intense now, are yours? xx

Philippa - hope you're not waiting much longer for your LO xx

Bells - cheers for all that info. It helps knowing what to expect xx

Hello to everyone else.

AFM - has anyone found that their hair has changed since being pregnant? I use to have super greasy hair and would wash it every day but I can now go up to 3 days without washing it (but I don't cos I like clean hair LOL) and my scalp is very dry. I'm at the hairdressers on Friday for a very much needed cut and colour. Decided to go blonder again for the summer plus I feel nicer blonde for some reason - and it will match my baby brain LOL!!

Speaking of baby brain I am so forgetful it is totally freaking me out. Does anyone else have this? I am forgetting stuff I have done in work and can't for the life of me remember if I have done certain things.

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 2:05pm

Hoping - LOL at matching your hair colour to your pregnancy brain :snigger: I'm the same forgetting things all the time. i'm a super preg-head, think it happens to us all hun. Yes i'm feeling buba much more too, its a bit strange though cos she is breech so all her kicks are very low down - as low as my knicker line!! its not good for the bladder at all :pinch: Do u know what position nathan is in? buba's not always been breech cos about a month ago her kicks were high. hope buba doesn't stay where she is - she was head down on all my early scans and then decided to go breech this past month...bless her doing it the wrong way round!! xxx

just a question for u all...... hubby mentioned last night we are invited to a party 2 weeks before buba is due when i'll be 38 weeks. when i mentioned to him i didn't want him drinking he seemed right dissapointed like there was nothing wrong with him getting merry so close to our due date. But considering i will be full term at 37 weeks and can go into labout anytime i think its only fair he stays sober just incase.... i've been very reasonable all through my pergnancy and not expected him to not drink. he doesn;t drink much anyway but i'm not been unreasonable am i??

FC79

Ace

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 2:55pm

Hi all, just popping on quickly for now.

BooBoo. I dont think your being unreasonable atall, I told my DH not to drink from 37 weeks as he needs to be able to drive me to hospital at any time and I wouldnt want him to be tipsy or hungover at the birth! also at 38 weeks you might not feel like driving, depending how far away the party is. Infact you might not feel like doing anything!

Hoping, my hair is the same! Its never really been greasy but I used to have to wash it 3 times a week. Now it can go a week without any problems!! On the flip sidde tho my skin is also much drier, my forehead and hands are constantly dry. Must be the hormones.

AFM, Im having a pretty good day today, had a friend over this morning and have been sorting out all the baby stuff this afternoon. The week is going really quickly now, Im getting a bit scared that Im running out of time! The thought it could start any day is a bit unsettling!

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 2:56pm

Booboo - at my 4D scan he had his head down on my right side but when I had the scan at the hospital the week later (re my GD) he had swapped sides and his head was on the left but still down. His feet aren't up near my ribs though. Well they weren't on the 4D scan, they were next to his face like he was bent in half LOL! One picture has his foot right next to his eye. He is very flexible LOL!

As for your DH not drinking near your due date I am totally in agreement with you. My DH has lots of evening functions due to his job but we've agreed his last night drinking will be at the end of June. Any he goes to in July he will drive. I remind him that if I went into labour and he was too drunk to take me or make it to the hospital in time he would be absolutely devastated and it's not worth it. He agrees with me so that's good. Even though they say with your first you usually go over it isn't always guaranteed so I think it's best we assume they could appear anytime in July.

My little boy is moving around so much today and it is really intense. I've even shouted ow a couple of times LOL! He is certainly getting stronger. I decided to google what they're doing at 29 weeks and spookily this hits the nail on the head - it really does take my breath away sometimes.

Week 29 - Month 7 Fetal development information Movement is more forceful baby is growing inside you over weeks months trimesters

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 6:18pm

Hi all! Thanks for the anniversary wishes :)

I totally agree that LO is stronger than ever, when he decides to have a move around it can really REALLY hurt! My tummy now looks really strange when he decides to have a stretch!

Booboo - I agree that DH shouldnt drink, like Hoping said, he would be devestated if he was really drunk or couldnt get there in time. We are off to a wedding Sunday and i'll be 36 weeks and my DH has said that he'll either not drink at all or have 1 or 2 and have his parents on standby just in case we need them (as we are staying over). I think this is a good compramise.

I had a MW appointment this morning and she said that she thinks that LO is still breach but it might be that his got a little bum (bless) as the consultant said last week that he was round the right way. She started going through all the preperation, getting bags ready, have emergency numbers at hand, go to hospital if i get any bleeding or LO stops moving - this really stressed me out and its been playing on my mind all day ;( I've had a sleep this afternoon after doing some tidying and cleaning the bathroom and LO wasnt moving allot (think its because i'm anxious) which has really worried me. His been moving this evening so thats made me feel a little better but i cant help but worry.
I'm really hoping LO decides to make an early appearance so that I can stop worrying, even though it will turn into a different worry after his here!!! Cant win eh!! :snigger:

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 2:07pm

HIya huns

thanks for your views on hubs not drinking before due date. i just like to make sure i'm been reasonable. i'd mentioned it to my mum too (who would always stick up for her son inlaw when i'm in the wrong.... ::P ) and she agreed with me. she said she's going to not drink much herself around that time cos she's also my birthing partner. and hubby has also agreed. i think he didn't realise how close the 2nd of july was to our EDD!!

i'm going home an hour early today. my boss said i can try going home an hour early and it it gives me more time to relax and wind down at home. he can sort something out to shorten my hours so it doesn;t affect my mat pay. think i'll miss a break and take some time out of my 45min lunch i don't need and maybe take 1/2 hour a day unpaid. it'll mean i miss rush hour traffic and get home earlier to relax. so that might help my tiredness.

buba's having a quiet day today. she didn;t start moving until later this morning. it really sh*ts me up when that happens :S i've felt her wriggle though now after a bit of choccie and a fizzy cold drink. maybe she's just having a quiet day.

FC79 - did u get all your baby things sorted you needed to do yesterday then? so exciting that its any day now :D

Hoping - aww, bless your wee boy with his feet near his head. he must be very flexible :happy: you must feel kicks up high then whereas mine are really low apart from the odd punch at the top of my tum.

shelley - hope your LO has moved more today for you. it really does scare us when we don;t feel them quite so much. maybe because u were up and about cleaning ect that made him fall asleep in your tum as they say the rocking motion sends them to sleep. I wouldn;t worry too much about him been breech yet. they can turn at the last minute can't they. also my mw felt my bubs last week and told me she was laying horizontally and when we had the scan 2 days later she was breech so it just show they can't always feel and get it right.

Hope your all good anyway ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests