You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "THE FZ TEAM" started this thread

Reg: Oct 19th 2006

What's Up?
Tech support is currently limited

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 8:11am

** SECOND TRIMESTER CHAT **

Hi everyone

newyear3

A shiny new thread for your second trimester chat

Your old thread can be found HERE

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 2:44pm

Hi All - Happy New Year! And what a fab year it is set to be for many of us.

Shelley - can't remember the name of the woman who does my yoga vid but she's married to Mike Delphino from desperate housewives cos he's in it. It's good cos there are energetic or relaxing options (and the eye candy helps) :snigger:
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 3:37pm

hello all, what a nice new thread.

I cant believe it but i will be moving to the third tri thread next week, all being well! x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 4:16pm

Hi All,

Happy New Year!!!

Thanks Chillmint and Caz, going to see if I can find one local to go to, if not i'll invest in a DVD x

Reg: Nov 30th 2009

Children: twin boys

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 4:46pm

Hello all, Happy New Year to everyone!!!

So for the first time in years I have not got a hangover on new years day!!! But I do feel rubbish, I have got a stinker of a cold and cannot muster any energy. I have been (reluctantly) taking paracetamol as have been running a bit of a temperature and sucking soothers, pharmasist would not let me have strepsils. Was just wondering if anyone had any more advice as I am not sleeping well and am coughing so much I think I must be really annoying my babies!!

Take care, from Lola xxx
TTC for no 1 for 3 years
ICSI Dec '09 - 1 egg collected - did not fertilise.
ICSI no 2 July '10 - BFP! Oscar 2.2lb and Zack 2.9lb born 17.1.11 - 12 weeks early, tiny but perfect xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 8:24pm

Hi All,

Hope you had good New Year celebrations (although non-alcoholic makes it a little less exciting)!

We hit 20 weeks on Friday which is amazing.....now hoping the next few weeks go without too much trauma!

Love to all.

h
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 9:17pm

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you all had a good one.
Can't believe that 2011 will finally see us all with little miracles in our arms.

Bubba is really moving now and am starting to see bump move with the stronger kicks :)

Much love to all blowkiss
IVF April 2009 :BFP: Sleeping with the angels June 16th 09
IVF Ovt 2009 :BFN:
:BFP: IVF/ICSI July 2010
:sticky: 31/08/2010 one perfect little [zx076] seen :sticky:
1/10/10 perfect little bean seen [zx076] moving and waving. Thumb sucker in the making. :)
30/11/10 perfect fully formed bubba having a very lazy day, sucking thumb again! Now the guessing begins :girl: or :boy:?
11/04/11 Isaac James arrived weighing 6lbs8.5oz. Our miracle gift

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 12:34pm

Hello all and happy new year!

NellieandEd, it's true, it's amazing to think that baby is due this year! Suddenly it all seems so much closer! Amazing.

Shelley, I have Tara Lee's DVD which I bought from Amazon at a good price. I have been really pleased with it! I've not had other yoga DVDs before so I can't compare to other DVDs, only classes, but as I say I'm impressed. I'd say it's good both for beginners and for people who've done yoga before and there's a good mix of sessions on there, including a 10 min one, which I use the most!

Lola, sorry you've been poorly. I had a rotten cold before Christmas and the best relief for me was some Menthol and Eucalyptus which I got over the counter at the chemist very cheaply (much less than similar branded medications) and breathed in menthol-y steam every morning and every evening. It might not soothe your throat but it'll clear your nose, sinuses and chest of gunk like nobody's business. Hope you feel better soon.

I suppose it's pretty much time for me to pop over to 3rd tri too. Wow! Bravegirl - see you there!

Here's to good health and happiness in 2011 :rainbow:
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 1:36pm

Hi all,
I just wanted to post to say that I think I might be able to feel LO moving around in there!!! I have been feeling small bubbles low down under my belly button area and just thought it was wind or something but we went round to DH's cousins for NYE and she described how she thought it felt when LO moves and it was the same as what I feel now!!!

I'm 17 weeks (on the 31st) and this has been happening over the last week I would say (maybe a bit less) on and off throughout the day and I'm willing the weeks away to be able to feel a proper kick or movement in there :D

Got our consultant appointment next Tuesday and am wondering what will be involved...... any idea's?

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 2:03pm

great news on the movement shelley. Not long now until its proper kicks and wriggles! so exciting.

At my cons appointment they took a full history of all my IVF and all my immune treatements. Then they listened in to the baby with the doppler and then said all was good. They booked me for a glucose diabetes test (but that is more because I am on Indian origin and apparently more likely to get it).

Then she booked me for growth scans at 28 weeks and I think every 2 weeks after that but I think that was related to the immune drugs and my asthma and not what they would normally do.

Hope it goes well.
My Diary

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 5:29pm

isn't it just amazing when you feel your baby moving around?
i'm a little concerned... my little one has been quiet today. I'm gonna try having a bath in a minute to see if i can get her to move. If not i will phone the midwife to ask what she thinks x

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 6:32pm

Hello all and Happy New Year :D

I still haven't had my jabs as I'm still way, way, way undecided. My friend who is due a day after me hasn't had hers either. I know its going around everywhere now and have heard some scary stories but I have 12 weeks to go and thinking shall I just try get through without it. Also after looking on the net I've read of people saying they've had
mis-carriages or still birth but how do they know it was down to the jab and was not going to happen anyway? its complete 50/50 answers I'm finding. Spoke to my midwife today and she just said they advise to have it but if you want to know more about it then speak to GP. I really don't know.

On another note I got measured to day and everything was spot on. Had slight trace of blood on urine sample - they said could be urine infection or thrush but I don't feel anything yet? hope it's nothing to worry about. You can't see the blood it was just picked up on the test they do. 28 weeks today - going super fast and feeling my boy so much and seeing all sorts of limbs and body parts moving across my tummy its amazing! is third trimester 28 or 29 weeks? My friend says 29?
Antenatal classes starting at 32 weeks :) :)

Shelley - My appointments with the consultant were just the same as a midwife appointment. They stopped at 25 weeks but mine started at about 10 weeks.

:D
ICSI 07/10:BFP: bab11
FET 02/13:BFP:mc
FET 07/13:BFP:mc
ICSI 06/14:BFP: bab10
thanks Liverpool womens for 2 beautiful children!

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 6:44pm

emma I was worried about the flu jab but decided to have it. they dont cause miscarriage or still birth but the flu certainly can. If your temp is too high or your baby does not get oxygen, then that can harm the baby. Please get it done.

As for movement I find BB is quiet sometimes and if I lie down in bed on my side with a pillow under my tummy, he starts to move around, maybe try that.

I had blood in my urine on a test about 3 weeks ago but when they did a full sample analysis there was nothing there so dont fret. I just drank loads of water and cranberry to flush anything out that might have been there.

trimester calculator
this trimester calculator might help babes if you put your dates in it
My Diary

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 6:59pm

Happy New Year !!

Quoted

Hi Everyone

Happy new year to all - I hope everyone's dreams come true this year

Bravegirl - I can't belive you're almost in T3!!! amazing.

Hayley - so pleased you are at 20 weeks - your little girl is amazing.

Shelley - its so cool when you feel little baba moving. It makes you realise it is all real.

re flu jabs - spoke to my gp about it and he really recommened all pregnant ladies get one. It protects the baby too after they are born and they are very safe. I'm getting mine tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else.

Scoffs x
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 8:15pm

Thanks Bravegirl, everything you've said has really helped, I'll have a really good think about this jab now, its so scary walking round completely vulnerable to this flu and having not been done yet. Have just been so undecided but I've noticed a few on here recently have had it done.

Ta

xx
ICSI 07/10:BFP: bab11
FET 02/13:BFP:mc
FET 07/13:BFP:mc
ICSI 06/14:BFP: bab10
thanks Liverpool womens for 2 beautiful children!

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 10:28am

Hi ladies,
I haven't been on the 2nd tri thread as I really didn't feel able to join in properly until last week was over. I'm 16+3 weeks and had an amnio last Thursday, results were all fine thank goodness, but I had a loss of amniotic fluid 3 days later so thought it was all over. Scan tomorrow to measure amniotic levels xfingers, my consultant actually phoned me yesterday to see how I was doing which I thought was really good of her.She seems very positive so I'm dipping my toes back into the 2nd tri chat! With my DD I was told that if your worried about the babies movement, to try drinking something very cold or very sweet and that should get the lo moving. If anyone is still unsure of the flu vaccine, please, please have it. I had the swine flu vaccine last year due to my job. so they won't give me the combined vaccine this year even though I want it! Seasonal flu is bad enough but swine flu is so dangerous, especially as we are all wandering around with our slightly lowered immune systems due to being pregnant. I know I'm preaching to the converted but my sister is due in 4 weeks and she has only just had hers a couple of weeks ago despite being a bad asthmatic as she just wasn't sure. I occasionally still do A&E shifts and we are seeing quite a lot of swine flu coming in.
On a more cheery note I'm definately feeling some movement from my LO, I'm guessing its because everything is a bit more lax after last time, but its lovely and reassuring.

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 11:17am

Hey there Suki,

So glad you seem to feeling a little better about things. Like I said before, my amniotic fluid was classed as low at one scan and then two weeks later it was normal so I am sure it replenishes itself somehow....not sure how though! I am sure everything will be just fine x
3 X ICSI

Bug79

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Children: 2 DS born 2004 and 2011

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 1:19pm

Hi guys

Good to hear that people are doing well.

Shelley - i'm so happy that you can feel your baby wriggling around. It brings such reassurance doesn't it.

Hayley - 20 weeks! Thats great news. Little Jess is a true fighter.

Bravegirl - 3rd trimester for you soon, i hope these weeks go fast so i can join you

l had my flu jab yeterday and i couldn't of had it quick enough. Swine flu is on the rise by me and someone in my parish has died from it, unfortunetly his pregnant daughter has now got it and they are worried for her. Don't mean to scare monger but it looks like its on the rise still.

I also paid a trip to my local early pregnancy emergency department yesterday. THe previous night i had a very large amount of cervical mucas which i believed to be my mucas plug, this continued through the next morning so i braved it down. Luckily after an internal check everything was fine. It's not normal though as there was loads, they are sending a swab off to check for infections.

Its a shame as i really enjoyed my first pregnancy but this time around i seem to be just counting down the weeks until little one arrives. Since i 've had bleeding every couple of weeks and my ulcerative colitis has really badly flared up i just can't relax. I know i shouldn't moan as people have had a much worse time than me during their pregnancy.

Enough of me moaning

Take care

Bug

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 2:45pm

Hey there,

I also had the flu jab last Friday - blimey it hurts for a couple days after doesn't it?! I couldn't lie on it at all!!! Haha!

Don't worry about having a moan - everyone needs to some time or other!
3 X ICSI

BraveGirl

Superstar

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 3:09pm

Yeah I could not sleep on my arm that side for a couple of nights but its all better now :happy:

bug - dont worry about the moan, sounds like you have had a horrid time of it. Just think wont be too long and we will all forget our niggles when our LO's get here x
My Diary

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 9:34am

Guess what girls..... i've just collected my doppler!! I'm really nervous about using it but really want to give it a go. Has anyone else in here got one? Do you have any tips for me? x

BraveGirl

Superstar

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 3:43pm

I have one and first used it at 13 weeks plus 6. DH does it for me and the big tip I have is to make sure you use a lot of the gel. it wont work without ultrasound gel, do you have some?

At yout stage baby is nice and big and you should find her easily enough. when we were using it in the first trimester we had to search for him for a while but now if we use it, we find him straight away. I have so much movement now though that we dont bother with it anymore.

Couple of other things, before you use it, you need to take your own pulse. I would expect it to be around 80-100 beats per minute. Have you got a doppler which gives a read out of the heart rate? This is important as otherwise you might think you are listening to baby when actually you are listening to your own heartbeat!

Once you know what your own rate is you will be able to rule that out when listening. The baby's heartrate at this stage should be between 140-160 beats per minute so it is considerably faster than your own. DH and I can tell the difference now without the heartbeat reader as we are so practised at using the doppler, but initially we relied on the doppler read out to make sure we were listening to baby and not me.

Hope this helps.
My Diary

BraveGirl

Superstar

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 3:44pm

OMG I also meant to mention that last night DH and I saw BB kicking and moving from the outside of my tummy!!! was amazing : D
My Diary

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 8:32pm

Hi Shelley, we got doppler when I was 16 weeks. Agree with BG make sure you find your own pulse first so you can tell the difference. ALso make sure you use the gel/oil for contact. I'm 25 weeks and mine doesn't pick up at all unless we use the gel. We saw midwife yesterday and I was able to tell the student midwife (who turned out to be the best friend of DHs ex!!!) where to check for the hb as she was having difficulty finding it (luckily we had listened before we left lol). i love using it especially as he/she has lazy days when he/she doesn't want to move much at all, just like his/her father I guess lmao

Hayley - yourJess is such a strong bubba, certainly takes after her mummy.

I had the flu jab a month or so ago. Pleased I did as my aunt and a few of the kids in my class have been bed ridden with normal flu. I had an awful cold over Christmas and am sure that without the jab it would have been much worse.

Much love to all x x
IVF April 2009 :BFP: Sleeping with the angels June 16th 09
IVF Ovt 2009 :BFN:
:BFP: IVF/ICSI July 2010
:sticky: 31/08/2010 one perfect little [zx076] seen :sticky:
1/10/10 perfect little bean seen [zx076] moving and waving. Thumb sucker in the making. :)
30/11/10 perfect fully formed bubba having a very lazy day, sucking thumb again! Now the guessing begins :girl: or :boy:?
11/04/11 Isaac James arrived weighing 6lbs8.5oz. Our miracle gift

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Friday, January 7th 2011, 1:53pm

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well. I've just got home from work as I went for a walk at lunchtime and ended up in pain just below my belly and couldn't face sitting in an office chair for the rest of the afternoon. It felt like stretching pains so I'm not too worried but DH wanted me to call the midwife just to be on the safe side...there's no answer so will keep trying. LO is moving around so that's comforting too.

My SIL bought me a Summer heart listening gadget thingy but it wasn't very good so we returned it...I didn't want one as I thought I would panic if I couldn't find the baby's hb...it def is more reassuring when you can feel him/her moving around in there.

Has anyone started thinking about maternity leave? Since going back to work in the new year it all feels so real doesn't it?? Lots of ladies at work advising me to leave it as late as poss to spend as much time as I can with our LO...will see how things go...

United Kingdom

Friday, January 7th 2011, 3:23pm

Hi Kayjay,

Hope all is well and probably best just to check with the midwife.

I'm not 100% whether I can feel LO, I thought I could but then i'm not sure so will wait for a proper kick hopefully sometime soon!
I have bought a doppler and me and DH will be giving it a go tonight, hopefully it wont be too hard to find LO's hb!

When I let work know about LO, I told them that I would like to start mat leave from 2nd May so am counting down the weeks now!

Friday, January 7th 2011, 3:47pm

Hi Shelley,

When I first started feeling movements it wasn't frequent so I would question myself about whether it had really happened!! Once it gets stronger and more frequent there's no doubt that it's LO wriggling about.

Have fun with the doppler tonight - bet you can't wait to use it! xx

BraveGirl

Superstar

Friday, January 7th 2011, 3:49pm

i have been saving all my annual leave for IVF which I now think I am safe to say I dont need.

So from 31 Jan I am going down to working a 3 day week using 2 days annual leave a week until first week in march, the week ending 4 march I am doing a full week as its my last in the office. week of 7 march i will take as annual leave and week of 15 march maternity starts. So i will be finishing work 4 march a month before BB is due.
My Diary

Reg: Sep 21st 2009

Children: one step daughter, very proud Mummy to Maisy and Oliver

Friday, January 7th 2011, 4:10pm

Hi girls just checking in and I wanted to say Bravegirl I love your new avatar, is it a piccie of your dog?? How cute xxxxx
Very happy Mummy to Maisy & Oliver - bring on the fun!

SAZZLE

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Friday, January 7th 2011, 7:37pm

Hello everyone! Happy weekend! It's been busy on here the last few days!

Shelley - hope you enjoy the doppler. A friend lent one to me and I wasn't sure at first about whether or not it was a good thing. Tried it at 13 weeks (even though it said 14-16 weeks!) and got zilch. Tried again last week at nearly 14 weeks and got it but very fast (160bpm - in line with my 12 week scan) I think! Then again last night and got it again, albeit slower (approx 145 bpm) this time. Hope that slowing down doesn't mean anything bad! DH is keeping an eye on me with using it as he doesn't want me to get paranoid if I'm using it regularly and one day can't find it. We'll see how it goes.

Any good plans for the weekend? I've got to go to a murder mystery fancy dress party (!) and be the chauffeur back in the evening. Sounds fun but after a mental week at work, I just feel like cuddling under a duvet on the sofa with a good book or a chick-flick! Need to find a way of keeping my energy up until the, what is likely to be, post midnight drive home!

Hope it's a good one!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

BraveGirl

Superstar

Friday, January 7th 2011, 7:40pm

sazzle, yes thats my lovely three legged cocker spaniel Hamish x
My Diary

United Kingdom

Friday, January 7th 2011, 8:51pm

Well the doppler went well... I think!

I put it on to do my own heartbeat first and got DH to listen too, then moved it down and got a faster heartbeat so am hoping i did it right! Hopefully at our consultant appointment next week they will use a doppler and then i'll see what that sounds like and where they put it and try it as soon as i get home!!

My DH is the same Harry, worried that i'll panic if i cant find it one day. Am going to try my hardest to not use it too often, just nice to have if i want to have a listen in!! :)

Hope you all have a great w/e, i dont have anything planned. DH is doing work round the house with his dad so i'm going to go out I think!!

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 11:26am

Happy New Year All!

Can't believe the final countdown now begins - we have been busy over the last few weeks buying & ordering baby stuff and think we are on the homeward stretch now. The nursery furniture will come mid-end Feb and once that's all assembled it will feel much more real I think. Baby is so active - seems to respond to DH's voice and some interacting through gentle prodding etc of my tummy :)

I started pregnancy yoga yesterday which was really good and will try swimming again once I get rid of this cold. I had my flu jab on Thursday - had been debating whether to have one until I saw a different midwife who said she had a lady before xmas with what they thought was swine flu and was really poorly. Apart from a sore arm, big red injection site reaction and my cold not improving - all seems OK.

I am officially finishing work on 1st April, mainly because at my work it will affect the performance rating I'll get this year (if I don't work 3 months) - which then impacts on bonus & pay rise next year and potential risk of redundancy! I will probably take some holiday beforehand so not too bad. Have had mixed views from friends around when to finish so will see how things go.

Shelley - I would recommend a doppler - ours was invaluable earlier on and even now it's nice to hear the heartbeat.

Harry - how was the murder mystery? Must admit my energy levels are really low so need to start trying not to be a couch potato - trouble is that's all I feel like doing when I get in from work.

Bravegirl - love the idea of going down to 3 days a week, I'm finding it hard to concentrate at work and am sure that'll only get worse as the weeks pass.

Nellie - hope you are ok and have sent you a text hun!

Well hope everyone is doing OK.
xx

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

Bug79

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Children: 2 DS born 2004 and 2011

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 2:53pm

Hi

just thought i'd mention a book i have just finished reading. It's Minus 9 to 1: The diary of an honest mum by Jools Oliver and is quite a good read. it goes through her first two pregnancys and then till her eldest is about 2. She seems as paranoid as us at times during pregnancy as like us she was desperate to have children and suffered fertility problems. I got my copy from the library and finished it in a day. I especially found the breast feeding sections handy.

Please let me know if anyone has read anything similar.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Monday, January 10th 2011, 4:13pm

Hi everyone

There is a new thread here, in case any of you are interested, for anyone who is maybe mid-30s and expecting and wants to chat

x

Pregnant and Nearer 40? Anyone?

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 6:11pm

Hiya,
My gel that I got with my doppler has run out.... any recommendations on what to buy? Can I buy anything suitable over the counter or do I need to order stuff from on-line?

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 9:50am

Hi Shelley, you don't really need to use a specific gel, the oils designed for combatting stretch marks etc work just as well, just so long as there is a fluid to aid the contact. I use bio-oil.
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 10:10am

Belly Button ring

Anyone got one and did you let it heal up? mine isn't stretched at all (yet) but I can't decide whether just to let it heal or get a pregancy (plastic) one. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this? Do you have to get a plastic one or can you stick with the normal belly bar? just wondered.

Thanks all
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 10:25am

Hi Scoffs,
I switched to a plastic one at 14 weeks as my normal bar was getting tight. The pack I bought online came with a straight and a curved bar, which you cut to size. I made mine far too big to allow for growth and I am pleased I did !!

I'm also a cautious BFP, at 25 weeks I thought I'd have relaxed, but nope, although I am starting to enjoy it a little bit more each day (Caz we have the same due date and I just love looking at your ticker x)

Take care
4 MC - High NKC, DQ A Match
3rd IVF - Immune protocol - baby born April 2011
Jan 2012- Shock natural BFP - due 4th Oct

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:43pm

Thanks Lottie - I'm 25 weeks this weekend - so we're all very close on due dates :) I've only recently started to relax too. I think that the worry just transfers from one thing to another. When our LO are safely here (after very easy births - positive thinking etc) then we'll have a new kind of worry. I'm looking forward to that - I have dreamt for a long time about being a parent :happy:

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Children: Hopefully I will have one soon!

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 3:34pm

marks and spencers cot 70% off!

A lovely lady on another forum added this link so i thought i would pass it on! I am gutted as just bought my cots!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marie-Cot…odes_hotukdeals

You save 70% off until 13th jan and deduction is taken off at checkout so you only pay £29.70!!! for a m&s cot!!!

Lauren xx
1st IVF May 2010- :BFN:
SEPT/OCT 2010 :BFP: keep strong my little ones xxx bab21 bab22

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, January 14th 2011, 6:44pm

Hi all, I hope everyone is well and feeling OK.

I had a 20 week scan yesterday. I couldn't see anything at all from where I was, the screen was above my head and just out of my line of sight. DH, on the other hand, saw everything…bless him, his face was a picture! The sonographer was lovely and did let me have a look at LO wriggling around. I can't believe how much his/her arm's and legs have filled out since the 12 week scan, when they were tiny and spindly.

The scan didn't pick up anything, so fingers crossed for the next few months. Blimey…half way there! Its a bit odd to think that I've not got anymore scans now. Our PCT only provides the dating scan (12 week) and the anomaly scan (20 weeks). Someone in the First tri thread was saying how her PCT provides extra growth scans for IVF pregnancies. I suppose its just the luck of the PCT postcode lottery draw.

Take care y'all, have a good weekend
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 10:14am

Chilli - I'm SO so please that everything was ok at your 20wk scan :) I bet the difference was amazing :D

Have a great weekend with your LO wiggling around growing bigger and bigger by the day!! xxxxx Take care

BraveGirl

Superstar

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 4:53pm

I am lucky and get a 28, 32 and 36 week growth scan. I think though that is because of my asthma not the IVF. you could pay for a private one x
My Diary

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 5:34pm

I'm one of the lucky ones too - we've had scans at 12, 16 and 20 weeks and were told whilst they wouldn't request we come back for any more we could go back at either 24 or 28 weeks if we wanted so we chose to go at 28 weeks. I doubt we'll get any more after that but I'm happy with what we've had so far (we also had early pregnancy scans too at our EPU). Our hospital doesn't offer this to everyone and did say that because we've had IVF we are entitled to more.

Chilli - it's good news that they aren't asking you to go back....means all is runly smoothly x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "KayJay" (Jan 15th 2011, 5:36pm)

What's Up?
(",)

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 4:33pm

Quoted

it's good news that they aren't asking you to go back....means all is runly smoothly x

I thought so too. If they're not worried, then neither am I :)

I have considered a private scan BG. We've had a couple so far, in the first trimester. I'm thinking about a 3D/4D one, but to be honest, I don't feel like I need to keep checking so much now, iykwim.

During the booking in appointment I was told (very nicely, I might add) by the midwife "even though you've had IVF, we treat you like everyone else"…fair enough! That would be lovely!

BraveGirl

Superstar

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 4:44pm

chilli, i would see it as a good sign. I think with my asthma history they would treat me this way even if it was not IVF.

I would highly recommmend a 4D scan, I had one and it was incredible and will be something to show BB too when he is older.
My Diary

What's Up?
(",)

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 5:10pm

Quoted

I think with my asthma history they would treat me this way even if it was not IVF

Of course, I can totally see how that would need taking care of, as you say, regardless of any treatment.

Hmmm...you've really got me thinking more about the 4D scans now BG. It would be awesome to see LO, and also for future years. And, if I went back to the same company as did the first trimester scans, I'd be eligible for a repeat customer discount. Time to start dropping DH subtle hints methinks!

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 8:18pm

I would definitely consider it chillli as my friend had one and was raving about it :) Me and DH are going to look at having one at 30wks (all being well), there is one pretty local to us and they do good offers xx

Let us know what you decide x

emz

Ace

Reg: Jun 18th 2009

Children: i will be a mummy! xx

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 9:42pm

Hey fellow mum's to be and their bumps, hope we are all well and getting organised now. starsmile

We have had a very busy nesting weekend, nursery is nearly finished now just a few finishing touches.....its looks so adorable i cant beleive its here in my house. i only ever dreamed of it!
we both keep going in just to look at stuff ha, DH also got his old wooded train set out of the loft to put on the floating shelf, the one he played with as a boy. (cant believe the condition of it) bless him he nearly had a tear in his eye setting it up for his son. :hugs:

Im having lot of movement now everyday, it amazers me whilst still freaking me out a bit :duh: we have both been singing and reading to him too so he hears our voice.

I have sausage fingers and sore feet this week but apart from that im feeling great saying that i did fall asleep at lunch time on sat and i never do that in the day.

Any one thought of names yet? i have 1 im really set on but He not sure, its so hard to agree dont you think?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :xxx3:

p.s i wanted a 4d scan but DH not loving the idea :thumbdown:
:dust: please stay little one :sticky: :BFP:
7 week scan sept 3rd- 1 :heart: seen
9 weeks 4 days Sept 20th- 1 perfect baby sucking its thumb
12 week scan (early)
20 week scan Dec 1st - bab22

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "emz" (Jan 16th 2011, 9:44pm)

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE