You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 9:51am

Net I''m going actual camping in 2 weeks and sleeping on an air bed for 2 nights, could be interesting!!! I spoke to my mw about the movement's as I have been able to feel baby for ages but its not regular. Funny to think that with my first pregnancy I had only nust started to feel movement! She said at this stage even if I only feel the baby once a day that's ok.
Ouch Carpal tunnel is supposed to b very painful. Hope it eases soon.

I was supposed to be going out for a picnic with friends today but they are now coming to mine for a picnic in living room as weather so bad!
Have a great day everyone. Xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Tab

Ace

Reg: Jul 15th 2014

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 10:57am

Hiya
Net I'm doing good thanks just taking it v v easy- hope you're well.

I had a scan on Friday & both babies are 95th percentile for heads and abdomens so was really happy.

The movement thing used to drive me bananas with trying to work out if both babies were kicking.
I was sent up for monitoring at hospital once and then as soon as they hooked me up, both babies were kicking and moving like crazy kicking the monitors off my belly. So embarrassing!

Hope everyone else is doing good. Pip that sounds really sore! Can you take anything for it?
Xxxx

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 11:16am

Taking it easy sounds great tab the time is getting closer
I don't think I can take anything for it I've left a message for the physio to get back to me apparently they give u splints which should give some relief so hopeful for that.

Oh u r brave ladies with the camping im a nightmare with that kind of thing at the best of times never mind when preggers
xx
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 5:14pm

Hey ladies

Jasper that's true - I didn't feel my DD until about 22 weeks and I'm that now. I guess I freaked as she'd been so active before. She's made up for it today! You are brave on an air bed - I had full mattress and pillow etc!

Tab glad the scan went so well.

Pip I had carpal tunnel with DD I sympathise massively it's evil. I had it from 34 weeks and it went about 3 months after DD was born. I got splits from Amazon which helped, as did sleeping propped up in bed and shaking my hands vigorously every so often. I tried acupuncture but it didn't work. I'm afraid you can't do anything else for it. You get used to it if that helps! I got very adept at doing up baby gro button with pins and needles!

Xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 6:03pm

Oh no I was hoping it would b gone once babies r born 3 months man alive!
Got an appointment with the physio for next week. I've been off work for 2 weeks with sinus infection which is now better but I'm in 2 minds about going back, 29 weeks now and just feeling tired and finding it hard going supposed to have 4 weeks left to work.

That's great ur wee one has been wriggling all day net, they do say they can have busy and quiet days

Hope ur picnic went well jasper, even if ended up indoors
xx

Net

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 7:01pm

Yours might go sooner, I might have been unlucky. I definitely couldn't have typed etc with it so if you have an office job I'd take that into consideration x
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 7:11pm

Thanks net, I am at a desk all day, just feel like I'm being a wimp if I go off now but these babies r too precious to take any unnecessary chances
xx

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 8:57pm

Hi ladies,

Hope your all well :)

Pip, I can sympathise with the carpal tunnel also, was horrible!! But mine did go quite quick after birth.

I've had the worst day today, been so hormonal keep crying!! My sister has been such a good shoulder to cry on, I don't really know what's up, just letting things get on top of me and keep feeling so anxious :(
Just need to get on with it I suppose, doesn't help that I'm feeling so lousy aswell have been in agony with my back, went back to work today after signing myself off last week and it's hurting loads again :(
I sound like such a moaner, and I really don't mean too I know how lucky I am to be in this amazing position again, it's just scaring me so much that I'm starting to feel bummed out again after having pnd with DS, I'm going to speak to the mw when I go and see her in 2 weeks, see if she can help at all.
I don't feel depressed, just a little bit emotional and anxious about some stuff!!!!

Sorry for the bummed out post ladies, I have no one to talk to about it all other than my sister and I'm pretty sure she's going to get sick of me soon rotf
Right I'm off to cheer the F up haha!!!

Hope everyone is doing well xx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Pip

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 9:50pm

Aw cheenab sorry u r having a rubbish day, if ur back is sore just stay off work it's not worth it forcing yourself. Don't feel bad although it's really really amazing to b pregnant it's not easy the hormones will drive u up the wall
Hope u feel better
xxx

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 10:27pm

Hello ladies,

Firstly thank you for letting me join in with you all in the second trimester chat, there seems to no one around in the first trimester at all.

I've been trying to catch up on where you all are but can only go so far back on my phone, so apologies if I get anyone muddled up.

Cheenab, sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down at the moment, that's horrible for you. Definitely talking to your midwife as I'm sure she'll be able to offer some help. It's horrible feeling anxious isn't it. I'm a real worrier too, and it doesn't help when there are so many stories from people who have had bad experiences every where you look. I've had to ban myself from google as I was making my self really stressed about what could go wrong. It great you have your sister and that she's so supportive. Plus we are all here so stress away. Take care and I'm sending big hugs x x

Pip, poor you with the carpal tunnel, that's horrible. Fingers crossed it goes quickly once your babies arrive. And you are right they are very precious so do what's right for you and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. They, and you are what's important. X

Net, it sounds like you had a lovely time away. I love camping and it always sends me to sleep even before I was pregnant, he he! We had plans to go off with the rent and dogs for a long wkend but it's like winter here at the mo, I actually had to put heating on tonight. I'm glad your little has been moving lots today, it must be so scary when they suddenly stop.

Jasper I hope the weather improves for you before your camping trip. Shame about your picnic, but sounds like you had fun indoors instead.

Tab, that's great your babies are measuring well. It must be hard to work out which twin is moving, or does it get easier as they get bigger? Do you have long left to go?

Highlander, I hope you are doing well. I feel like I'm stalking you at the mo, he he!

Clare and ashatar I hope you and your wee ones are both doing well. X

I hope I haven't missed anyone out. Would you all mind me asking how far along you all are, as u said before I can only go so far back and I can't quite work it out from your recent posts!

I'm 10 wks today, can't believe it's gone so quick! I had a bit of a down day last week, had horrific dreams everything went wrong and woke up feeling like I wasn't pregnant anymore. Was really strange and absolutely daft, I know. I think it was because I'd been browsing peoples stories on various sites and I kept coming across lots of sad stories of early losses and issues other women had had, and I think it must have just stuck and played in my mind. Plus I had just finished the pesseries so my bloated stomach et call went down and I just hit panic mode. Anyway DH was great and we tried to book a scan to put our minds at ease. We finally heard back today and they had a space this afternoon just before DH was due to go away with work, so we got to have a sneaky peak at wee beanie, which was amazing! Little one was wriggling around and have us a little wave too, and we have a copy of it on DVD
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 10:50pm

Hiya all you lovely ladies, it's all happening eh!
Not getting as much time to come on here but still thinking of you all.
Pip and Cheenab, sorry your both feeling not so great just now. Your right though Pip that if you need to go off sooner then you need to do it, it must be getting really tough especially when your not feeling great.
Cheenab feel free to rant and vent on here, your not moaning-and remember your hormones will be all over the shop too. Sounds like a good idea speaking to the midwife so she knows how you are feeling.
Net sounds like you had a lovely time away!
Jasper and Tab big hello to you ladies too! Hope your picnic went well Jasper.
Smihel that's going in so quick for you! Sounds like a good idea to do the Google ban-it truly is evil and caused me no end of worry. So pleased your scan went well and hopefully that will give you peace of mind until your 12 week one.
My girls are 2 weeks today and still doing well, and feeding a lot better. Have gained some more weight again today which is good because they lost a bit in first week and I was anxious they weren't getting enough. They are changing everyday and it's smazing to see.
Ashastar, really hope that you and the wee one are still doing well too.
Sending big hugs out to you all xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 11:07pm

Hi ladies, sorry I've been awol for a bit. Running backwards and forwards to the hospital is taking up all my time and by the time I get home at night I'm knackered! It looks like there is lots happening with you all at the minute. I will do my best to get caught up soon!

I would say to those of you feeling unwell etc don't hesitate to take time off work. That's a big mistake I made. My back was killing me and me feet were really swollen and I generally felt a bit rubbish but I kept going to work anyway because I didn't want to let them down. I ended it with severe pre eclampsia and an emergency section so it definitely wasn't worth it lol! Just take time off and relax.

My little man is doing really well. He's still in scbu but has started feeding without the tube and came out of his incubator this morning into an ordinary cot. They think he will go home in the next 2 weeks. It's just so difficult going home and leaving him there. My blood pressure is still high and they keep telling me I need to rest but when I'm at home I just miss him so much and wish I was back with him!

Clare how are your girls getting on? Are they still in scbu too?

Heather, congrats on your little boy!
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

cheenab

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 11:02am

Thank you all so much for replying.
Was having a really lousy day yesterday, feeling a bit better today although shattered as hardly any sleep last night ;)
I think I'm just worrying about so much, and I'm letting everything get on top of me!!
Need to start prioritising what is really important I think!!
Still going to have a chat with the mw though just see if she can recommend anything!!!
My little man is at pre school so I'm being lazy and having a lounge on the sofa haha!!! Work again later, I would love to not go in but unfortunately won't get paid, which we can't afford at the moment!! So just need to take it easy, and hope my poor back can take it ;)

Ashastar and Clare, so pleased to hear your LO's are doing so well, I love seeing the piccies you have put on fb :)

Hope everyone else is doing well today? xxx

Pip

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 6:05pm

Hi all, ashstar and Clare great hearing from u both and glad ur little ones are doing well

Hope highlander is doing ok she must b due soon?
Cheenab hope u r feeling a bit better today
Smihrel I agree u need to stay away from google there are so many tragic stories out there and u send yourself mad thinking that's going to happen to u, I have done it all the way through glad u got ur scan and seen ur little one there is really nothing like it
xx

Reg: Mar 5th 2014

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 9:21am

Hi ladies, sorry been away for a while. Things kicked off at work so been in there/working from home a lot past few days in addition to 101 midwife/ hospital appointments so not getting online as much. So glad I took mat leave early and had a few weeks to wind down, wouldnt want these calls with a newborn! Talking of which, wee one doing great - now half engaged & had my show the other day so things are starting to happen, induction next week so hopefully won't be days in labour if body is getting ready anyway. (Hah, delusional first timer wishes...)

Hats off to those of you camping, I can't get comfy in my bed let alone a tent!

Chenab, hope your back is better soon - you mentioned things were too tight to take time off, but your health comes first - have you got stuff round house you could sell on eBay / can OH do overtime / could you work part time / can you take holiday from mortgage or other payments etc? might be worth checking with MW or gov.uk site if you're entitled to any help if doc signs you off or recommends reduced hours?

ashastar, that's fab news he's off tube and in cot now - hope next 2 weeks don't drag too much x

So glad your wee girls are doing well too Clare, fingers crossed they keep gaining weight now x

That's great you got scan before hub went back to work smihel, amazing how much they change from 7 to 10 weeks - start looking like a real baby even at that stage [zx076] aside from googling/ stories playing on your mind, apparently dreaming of things going wrong is very common in pregnancy and death symbolises a part of your life ending / a new beginning (ie becoming a mummy!) and miscarriage association say seeing heartbeat at 10w increases chances of pregnancy continuing to 99.4% so looking good Hun x

Pip, hope the CT doesn't come to anything - MW thought I had start of it a week or two ago but it's eased off now, just weak puffy ankles and wrists in morning but wrists ease off through day. take as many breaks as you can at work, and keep shaking/rotating wrists x

IVF #1 April 2014 Cancelled - OHSS so freeze all cycle
FET #1 July 2014 BFN
FET#2 Oct, :BFP:

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 1:19pm

Oh sounds like things are moving in the right direction Highlander and your LO is going to be here soon : D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Reg: Oct 16th 2009

Children: 1 precious boy

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 10:04pm

Hello girls
Hope you all lovely ladies are getting on well at your different stages.

I don't come here much as its really difficult for me to type on the phone.
I have severe Carpel Tunnels too. Where I have constant pains all day. And typing/texting makes it worse
I am 22 weeks today and so far all else is well.
I also have been diagnosed with Group B Strep so it's one thing after another for me. But I am still thankful.
Good luck to all and I will pop by soon.
Apologies if I couldnt read all messages. Xx
4x ICSI- Feb 10, Dec 11, Oct 12, Apr 13: :BFN:

ICSI- Feb 15: :BFP:
bab22 Born on 04/11/2015

FET - May 17 - Cancelled
ICSI - Aug 17

Thursday, June 25th 2015, 9:14am

Highlander, it sounds like things are moving along nicely with you. X
Also thanks for your info, that's really good to know.

Hope everyone else is doing well. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, June 25th 2015, 10:28am

Hi ladies,
Hope your all well?

Had the worst day yesterday, period type pains all day, then popped to the loo before work and had loads of blood :( I was in bits, rang my doctors but they couldn't see me so said to go straight to hospital, tried ringing the midwife typical she didn't answer!! So set off to the hospital with my sister. The bleeding had just changed to spotting by the time I got there but kept the panty liner to show them, lots of tests later the gyneo informed me the swabs I had last week at hospital indicated I had strep b and the symptoms were showing already so I need antibiotics for it, and then checking again before baby is due, apparently the bleeding was because of the infection and there was no more blood on my cervix thankfully. I'm so angry though that I wasn't informed of the results after going back and forth my doctors about pains and all the discharge I keep getting, I rang for the results of the swabs last week and I was just told thrush, nothing else!!!
Thankfully all is ok with the baby, she checked heartbeat and that was fine and it's been moving lots since :)
Just scared me so much, don't expect to go loo at almost 20 weeks and find blood :(

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

Pip

Thursday, June 25th 2015, 10:38am

Aw cheenab that's scary, so glad baby is ok that's really rubbish of ur GP not to give u the results, when were they going to tell u if that didn't happen.
I hope u r taking it easy today u need to put yourself and baby first.

Highlander all sounding good won't b long at all.

Babyh good to hear from u, I feel ur pain re the carpal tunnel and I've only had it the last week or so

Hope everyone else is doing ok
xx

Net

Thursday, June 25th 2015, 2:39pm

Oh Cheenab how scary. Glad all is ok but I'd be cross too. Hope the antibiotics get everything cleared up.

Hi babyh - glad all is well - have you had 20 weeks scan yet? Do u know what you're having?

Pip hope the CT isn't too awful. Have you seen physio yet?

Jasper how are things? Glad your scan went well

Simhel wow that time is flying by! Not long to 12 week scan? Where in the highlands are you? I'm off up that way next month for my brothers wedding - he lives just between Aviemore and Inverness.

Highlander - good to hear from you! How many weeks are you now?

Clare and Ashatar im so glad your babies are all doing well

Heather how is your wee man?

Tab how are things?? Not sure how many weeks you are now? You all need tickers ladies - im getting confused :)

AFM sneaky scan today was fine - the lovely radiographer did a full anomaly scan again for me which was so sweet. Growing normally but short legs again - gonna be like my DD I think. I took my mum with me and she was so fascinated by the scan!

Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Thursday, June 25th 2015, 10:08pm

Hey ladies, I'm loosing track with where everybody is at.
Highlander, it sounds like things are going to start happening soon for you. Hope your ok.
Cheenab, that sounds so scary and shocking that they didn't tell you about the results. Hope your able to take it easy and chill.
Pip, hope your feeling ok and not in too much pain and are getting lots of rest.
Net great news about your scan, and lovely that your mum got to see it.
Babyh sounds like your having a tough time just now, sometimes it does feel like it's one thing after another.
Tab, how are you doing? Hope your feeling ok.
Ashastar, hope you and your lovely boy are doing well. Its exhausting isn't it being up the hospital all the time, coming home, going to bed and getting up and going back in again but it will be so worth it when it's time to bring our babies home.
Smihel and Jasper hope you are both doing well too.
We are all doing well, getting into some kind of routine and feeling a bit less of a stress head about the feeding, we are getting there slowly but surely.
Hope I've not missed anyone, my bed is beckoning!
:sleeping: xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Reg: Mar 5th 2014

Friday, June 26th 2015, 11:07am

Thanks ladies, doing well - just a bit tired and puffy, I'm down to just 1 pair of trainers that fit now!

I'm just over 37w net, but was told from the start their target was to get me to 38w so def not long now. That's nice you got to take mum to scan, I took mine to one and she too was fascinated at the advances since she had kids - her doc had a trumpet thingy to listen to heartbeat!

Sorry to read about the bleeding Chenab, and awful that they didn't tell you about strep at time. At least they know what's causing it and it's treatable though, hope it clears up soon x

That's great the girls are getting into a routine Clare, do you know when they're allowed home yet?
IVF #1 April 2014 Cancelled - OHSS so freeze all cycle
FET #1 July 2014 BFN
FET#2 Oct, :BFP:

Pip

Sunday, June 28th 2015, 10:54am

Hi ladies how is everyone doing?

I have a daft question about bedding, when babies r in misses baskets do u just wrap them up in a blanket and they don't have a seperate cover? I.e swaddle them? I have seen some mixed opinions on that and I had seen in the shops little sleep bags which I thought u only used when they r older but they sell them in 0-6 months.

Then when they r in cots do u use the quilts or do u stick to sleep bags and quilts more when they r bigger? Also bumpers, do u need them are they safe?

Sorry for all the questions I just don't have a clue what we r doing and after ordering our Moses baskets I tried looking at bedding and got over whelmed. DH thinks just use the quilt and bumpers as they wouldn't sell them like that if not safe but I'm not so sure
thanks for all ur help ladies
xx

cheenab

What's Up?

Sunday, June 28th 2015, 11:57am

Hi pip, we had ds in a crib and always used the sleeping bag, but the bedding was in there also he just slept on top of it.
We also got this bumper set that velcros on instead of tying, and it was a mesh material so if baby rolled into it they would still be able to breath properly, I'm try to think what it's called!!! Will go google now and get back to you ;)

cheenab

What's Up?

Sunday, June 28th 2015, 12:06pm

If you type in air wrap bumper into google it will come up :)
I've just got mine back off my sister to use with this one too ;)

Net

Sunday, June 28th 2015, 2:21pm

I liked the look of that air wrap bumper too Cheenab but as DD was so tiny she was in Moses basket to four months! We then had a tie cot bumper I think until she could pull herself up - I think you are supposed to stop using them then.

Pip my DD was in cellular blankets ( not swaddled as she hated it) to about 3 months then into a sleeping bag. Those sleeping bags are brilliant as they can't kick the covers off but be careful I think they need to be at least 8 lb before you use them and make sure the neck of the bag can't skip over their heads if they are small baby's. We used them until DD was 2 then she decided she wanted a duvet!

If the Moses basket is a bit big then you can roll up a towel either side to provide a 'bumper' in the Moses basket.

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Sunday, June 28th 2015, 8:09pm

Thanks ladies that's great info I'm gonna look into those bumpers
U r stars
xx

Sunday, June 28th 2015, 10:26pm

Hi Cheenab, as bet said they have to be a certain weight to use the sleeping bags, I think it is around the 8lb mark but double check. You can use sheets, blankets or the little quilt that comes with the Moses basket. Depending on the temperature in the house depends on how many layers, I'm sure you'll find something on the internet about it but if not ask your midwife as there used to be leaflets about it. When I did my child care training (15 years ago!!) it was:
22-24°C - 1 sheet only
19-21°C - 1 sheet plus 1 layer of blanket
16-18°C - 1 sheet plus 2 layers of blanket
13-15°C - 1 sheet plus 3 layers of blanket
A blanket doubled over counts as two layers, as does the thin Moses quilt you get with them.
This was a while ago, so might be worth double checking but at least it gives you an idea.
With a proper duvet,thick quilt or pillow, they can't be used to over 1 yr. the quilted bumpers are mainly decretive because it goes at the head of the cot and baby goes at the bottom or feet to foot as it used to be called, not sure if it still is, and is also recommended to be taken once little starts to climb and move around unaided so normally by 1 yrs. but the air wrap bumper is a bit different as they are breathable and depending on the make and how they are attached just crush to the mattress if stood on but not sure what she they are recommend till, they are fab though as it stops their arms and legs getting stuck through the bars.
I used to work in mothercare for a while too and I'm sure this was the sane info then, but as I say worth double checking just in case.

Hope that helps. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "smihel" (Jun 28th 2015, 10:30pm)

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, June 29th 2015, 2:06am

Sorry just re read my post it wasn't very clear haha!! We started using the gro bags when he was around 8 weeks.
Our house is very warm and when he was born we had a bit of a hot period so he just used to go in his crib with a baby gro on, but as I said before he just laid on top of the crib bedding, I never put him under the blanket xx

Monday, June 29th 2015, 3:58am

Sorry Cheenab, my mistake I meant that for pip who originally posted about bedding, I got a bit muddled up. Trust me it doesn't much at the mo, he he! Plus it should read net not bet. The joys of using my iPhone and not my laptop!! X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, June 29th 2015, 7:42am

Hi everyone,

Sleeping bags are great! Some just popper over shoulders and others zip all the way around too. I would recommend getting onrs that zip as you can change baby without taking them right out which is quicker and also keeps them cosy! You an also get travel ones! They have a velcro opening at the back that you can pass car seat straps through so they can be worn in ar seat. I have to take DD to nursery for 7.30am so I'll definitely be investing in one of these for those early starts!

Can't believe I'm 22 weeks today! Totally overdid it at the weekend and had quite alot of pain in hips and pubic bone I think its called! Friday night we sere up til midnight building bunk beds for dd & ds and Saturday I walked 8k! Now the bunk beds are done though we can start getting organised fir baby!

Sorry for lack of personals but just grabbing 5 mins while dd & ds eat breakfast!!! Hope you are all well. Xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Pip

Monday, June 29th 2015, 8:57am

Thanks smihel that's great info I feel more prepared now : D
Congrats on being 22 weeks jasper

I am all aches and pains now have physio this afternoon really for carpal tunnel so hoping she can help.
Hope everyone had a good weekend
xx

What's Up?

Monday, June 29th 2015, 1:36pm

Pip most sleeping bags are from 10lbs upwards and are fantastic. We still use for our 2 year old and she loves it. Means you don't have to worry about them being cold.

Hope the physio helps : D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, July 2nd 2015, 10:50am

Hi ladies,

How are you all coping in this heat?!!!!!
I'm sweltering!!!! And sleeping is sooooo hard!!!!!
Had our 20 week scan on Tuesday, baby was being a little wriggler so took ages!! But we enjoyed we got to look for longer :D
And it's another boy for us :D DS is really excited, although says we have to call him Zachary too!!!! Haha!!!

Hope everyone is ok xx

Pip

Thursday, July 2nd 2015, 11:11am

Hi cheenab great news on the scan aw a boy a wee brother that's lovely they will b great friends
It is so uncomfy at night in this heat as though sleeping isn't hard enough

Hope everyone else is doing well
xx

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Thursday, July 2nd 2015, 12:02pm

Aww lovely news cheenab that you're having another boy. It will be great for your little boy to have a wee brother.

We got our little man home from hospital on Tuesday. I'm so happy to have him home but my goodness the sleepless nights are going to take some getting used to lol! I've literally spent the past 2 nights watching him sleep. He grunts loads in his sleep and I'm constantly worried that there's something wrong with him!

Hope everyone else is well xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Net

Thursday, July 2nd 2015, 12:32pm

Hi Ladies

whoo the site is back!

Cheenab, congrats again! Hope Z is very excited.

Pip - how many weeks are you now, remind me. I'm struggling massively in this heat, must be doubly bad for you!

Ashatar that's so great that your DS is home. We used to call DD the farmyard animal due to the noises she used to make - I also used to spend hours just staring at her worrying about the noises. Grunts, gurgles, coughs etc. In the end I got one of those tommee tippee monitors that beeps to reassure you they are breathing. A little extreme to some maybe but I was quite anxious when DD was young and it was literally the only thing that let me get some sleep. It never gave off a false alarm in the 10 months we used it for - well worth the money I thought.

Hi everyone else, how are you all doing?

AFM just back from seeing the consultant midwife. She was SO lovely. The reason I went was to discuss birth plans as I had a tough time with DD. She's reassured me loads and took me through my DD's birth in detail so I could understand what happened and we are making a supportive birth plan together, which is basically to go for a natural birth if possible but if I don't go into spontaneous labour I won't be induced and can have an elective section instead. Feeling so much happier than I was and in control of things, which is really important as last time I had zero control.
Off to see the consultant at 1.45pm today as well so will get BP checked and baby checked again as well. Feel like I've barely seen anyone in this pregnancy compared with the last one. Mind you I think I am making a gymnast by the amount of movement I am getting!

xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Thursday, July 2nd 2015, 8:19pm

Oh how lovely Cheenab a little brother for Z : D

Net that's fab you feel so more reassured about the birth and there's a definite plan in place xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

What's Up?

Thursday, July 2nd 2015, 11:35pm

Hi everybody, just a quick one to catch up with how you are all doing.
Cheenab congrats on your scan, how lovely that Z is going to have a wee brother and is so excited!
Net I'm really pleased you feel more in control this time and have a plan in place, hope you got on well at your appointment today.
Ashastar, great to hear your wee man is home, he is a wee cracker, hope the sleepless nights are not too bad.
Pip, how are you? Hope your doing ok and the carpal tunnel is easing, it sounds awful.
Hello to all you other lovely ladies!
This is my first night at home with the girls and it feels quite surreal, we just keep staring at them.
I don't think I'll sleep tonight anyway even if they do sleep between feeds but time will tell. xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Reg: Oct 16th 2009

Children: 1 precious boy

Friday, July 3rd 2015, 2:27pm

I know it was ages ago but congrats Clarabel77 on the arrival of ur twins and also bringing them home. I hope they bring u bundle of joys.
Hope everyone else is ok?
Net I am over 23 weeks now and I had my 20wk scan, all fine. I didn't find out the sex as I want it to be a surprise but hubby knows and I told him to keep it away from me!
I was in hospital last wknd with an infection. Went in with a fever and was diagnosed with Gastrointestinal infection. Have had the whole week off work. I'm not due until 28.10.15 but I will hand in my 4 weeks maternity notice on Monday. Have actually had enough of travelling and all these symptoms! :-(

Hope everyone is Doing fine.
Thinking of u all.
4x ICSI- Feb 10, Dec 11, Oct 12, Apr 13: :BFN:

ICSI- Feb 15: :BFP:
bab22 Born on 04/11/2015

FET - May 17 - Cancelled
ICSI - Aug 17

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Clarabel77 (04.07.2015)

Pip

Friday, July 3rd 2015, 9:18pm

Hi ladies how is everyone, babyh just do what's right for u if u would feel better being off go for it u and baby r priority.
Hope u enjoyed ur first night home with ur girls Clare.
That sounds good net glad they have managed to reassure you.

Just looking for a bit of advice, my best friends 2 wee boys have chicken pox, I have been around them a few times in the past week, I've had chicken pox as a child but don't know how it works with regards to harming the babies, is it only if I catch it?
xx

Net

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 5:21pm

Hi Pip - my DD had chickenpox when I was about 14 weeks. As long as you've had it already you should be fine - that was the advice given to me. If you're worried contact your midwife. I worried a bit ( natural I think!) but all was fine and all the advice on the NHS website etc says if you've had it there's very little risk of you catching it again.

Babyh there would have been no way I would have worked with carpal tunnel - it's just too sore. I don't blame you for handing your notice in

Clarabell how are the girls gettin on?ikewose Heather with your wee man?
Hello everyone. how are you all?

AFM I am so tired after walking about 2 miles today to the pub for fab pub lunch then back again - in 28 degrees of sun! Maybe a bit of a mistake on my part there. Now resting on the sofa with the tennis and the paper whilst DH entertains DD.

After I saw the midwife I saw the consultant who really confused me bhly saying oh just have a section at 39 weeks and avoid the pain of labour!! He's not my normal consultant. I was really surprised he said that as usually they all try and persuade you not to have one! I was all set in thinking to go for natural birth but now I am so confused again! Oh well, back to see consultant ( hopefully my normal one) at 32 weeks and then the consultant midwife at 34 weeks to decide and make a plan.

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Saturday, July 4th 2015, 10:31pm

Hiya ladies, thanks for the congrats BabyH, hope you manage to keep the sex a surprise and your DH doesn't let the cat out the bag. : D and I would definitely agree that you listen to your body about finishing up work, it's hard going and you need to look after you!
Pip, hope your doing ok, I don't know much about the chicken pox thing but I would think it would be fine if you have had it.
Net, it sounds like you have got different options re birth and hopefully that helps, I'm glad they seem to be really supportive.
We are doing ok, the girls are sleeping quite well in between feeds at night time and are also sleeping loads during the day still. John is off work now until the end of school holidays so he has been great and I've been able to get a sleep during the day if I need it, but I don't actually feel too tired to be honest.
Have had loads of visitors and struggling a bit with that, I'm finding that more tiring than anything else and just want some time to ourselves, it's difficult when people are being so thoughtful and want to visit to say to them no.
Will see how it goes, I'm sure it will ease off a bit once we are home a bit longer.
Hi to everyone else and hope your all keeping well xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

What's Up?

Sunday, July 5th 2015, 6:23pm

Hope you're still getting on really well at home Clare. I do think that the real joy of having a baby/babies after tx staves off some of the tiredness. I used to think that way but now I think you need to look after yourself and it's not like you are saying it's forever just putting it off for a while until you are ready.

Babyh it's great you're going off when you need to. So important to look after yourself.

Net at least you've got the choice on what feels right for you nearer the time.

We are doing great. Very tired now as DH is back to work. With his shifts earlies and nights and loads of overtime this month it's hard going with the 4 of them!! Totally worth it but I am tired!!

Hope everyone else is doing well xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 9:58pm

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? Just a quick post so apologies for the lack of personals.

Just wanted to say I'm now officially in the second trimester, yay! Scan next Monday and I can't wait to see how wee beanie is doing.

I hope everyone is doing really well. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

What's Up?

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 11:02pm

Hi everyone, just a quick hello because I'm shattered. Welcome to second tri Smihel, it seems to be going in quick, hope it feels like it for you too. Your 12 week scan will be so different, will be a proper little wiggly baby!
Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well, I'm not on so much but still thinking of you all.
We are doing fine this end, the girls are doing great and have been out a bit more this week so starting to relax a bit about them picking up bugs although still hate randoms peering in the pram. I'm a proper stress head. Heather hope things are going well with your DH being back at work. I'm loving having John around, feel really lucky that he has the summer holidays off and can really bond with the girls.
Hello to the rest of you ladies too xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Net

Friday, July 10th 2015, 6:32am

Hi ladies

Hi Simhel congrats on being an official second trier! How are you doing?

Clare, glad the girls are doing so well. How are they sleeping now?

Heather, glad your DS is doing well. How are the girls with him now?

Pip how are your gorgeous girls doing? And you? Hope you're all ok

Hi tab, Cheenab, jasper, babyh, anyone I've missed?

It's quiet on here just now!

Not much to report here. LO is so active, so different to my DD. it's lovely I must say. Off to Scotland today for my brothers wedding on 18 July, via Lake District for 4 nights first. However DD has been up since 4am crying with ear ache so hoping to get emergency doctors appt before we go.....we shall see how unhelpful my doctors surgery can be this morning! The receptionists are dragons. Bless her she's now asleep after nurofen. I'm knackered!

Not sure if I'll get on much so will probably catch up when am back

Take care all xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 5:09am

Hi ladies,

On a night shift literally about to fall asleep zzzzz!!!!
Thought I would pop in and catch up with you all.
Net have a fantastic time away, hope you managed to get DD in to see the doctor xx
Welcome to the second trimester simhel, good luck for your scan :)
Clare glad your little ladies are doing well :) I was the with DS hated people poking into the pram, used to divert if I saw someone with a puff of smoke coming towards me!!! It does get easier I promise, although you still worry about every last thing ;) I'm terrible even now with ds!!!
Aww heather I feel for you, I'm worn out with just 1!! Hope DH gives you a little break when he gets home xx

Hi to everyone else hope your all doing well, it has gone really quiet in here ;)
Nothing major to report here, baby is kicking away nicely now :) usually between 8-9 I can lie there and it's constant kicks and nudges, and dp finally got to feel it too :)
Had my mw app the other day and she explained all about the strep b what happens when you go into labour etc, so feeling a bit more relaxed about it all.
She's referred me to see a counsellor, as she said everytime I talk about the birth & previous birth I get really teary and feel quite anxious, so maybe a good thing to talk it through with an outsider!!!!
We've also been thinking of book a 4d scan for 28 weeks, we had one with ds but I always said I wouldn't have another if I got pg again but now I think it will be nice for DS to come along and see?!
Has anyone had one or planning on one?

Right best get back to work, apologies for any typo's on my phone and I'm sooooo shattered ;)

Pip

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 1:54pm

Hi ladies glad to see everyone is doing well.
Just a quick hello from me, girls r doing well they r going to b in neonatal for a while but are reducing their breathing support and r increasing their feeds so it's all going in the right direction. I was discharged yesterday so had to spend my 1st night at home without them it was tough. I am expressing my milk for them too the hospital recommend u do it every 3 hrs including during the night so practice for when they r home
xxx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE