You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 7:55pm

Pip are you finishing for mat leave at 30 weeks or are you taking some holidays before you start your leave? If your really struggling why don't you go to docs and get signed off, your mat leave is so precious and you shouldn't need to bring it forward if you are struggling health wise.
Tab i still find it crazy that I'm not going to be at work for so long!
Net I know what you mean about sore hips, i bummed it up the stairs last night because they feel like a mountain, especially at night time. : D xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 8:14pm

I have 3 weeks holiday and then only 6 weeks paid mat leave the rest of the time is just on stat pay, so with me finishing at 30 weeks I will have ran out of pay at 39 weeks, babies should b here a week or 2 by then but would b better if I could start taking my holidays at 34 weeks or so
I might see about changing it but don't know how they would take it if I change it then phone in sick feel a bit of a moral dilemma over it

Do u ladies get comments on size of ur bumps? Every1 keeps telling me I'm really neat, I don't know if they r just surprised it's twins
Hope everyone is well, u r getting all my questions and moans
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 8:34pm

its really hard to decide isn't it, I'm glad the decision was taken out my hands. When I first found out I was pregnant I was thinking I'm going to work really far on so I get more at the other end. Obviously I was signed off but jeez I could never have been working right now I don't think.
I get the opposite comments-strangers think its acceptable to stop me and say I'm huge! I'm usually quite skinny and I'm just all bump. I never thought I'd find they kind of comments annoying but I do. More so from strangers, and the people who come up and pat your bump :box:
Happened to me in Starbucks the other day and I totally had the rage, haha. Crazy pregnant woman alert! Xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pip (27.05.2015)

Tab

Ace

Reg: Jul 15th 2014

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 8:53pm

It's well annoying!!

Xx

Pip

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 9:02pm

People r nuts, it was making me worry because everyone kept saying I was so small but I know babies measurements at scans have been bang on what they should be so I just think maybe people feel they have to say something about ur bump.
Every time I say it's twins I also get do twins run in ur family? I just say no. But not going to tell people I hardly know it's IVF, the dentist today for example, surely would make my check up a bit more awkward
8|
xx

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 9:11pm

I know it's crazy! I have also been asked twice if they are natural. By strangers! Once while sitting in the doctors surgery. It amazes me that people can ask these questions. I just made a joke about it and obviously didn't answer but then I wish I could have come up with a smart response but I always think of responses to late lol xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Pip

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 9:30pm

I was asked that in the chemist by the person working there! I'm the same, totally on the spot couldn't think what to say, I don't know people think they should ask such personal questions it's crazy
xx

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 10:53pm

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well.

Tab, I hope the bleeding settles down soon. You are just right to get signed off work for a couple of weeks.

Heather I can't believe you only have 8 days left! So exciting!

I'm laughing reading some of your posts about people commenting on your bumps. I absolutely hate when people do it!! Pip I'm like you, keep getting told I'm really neat etc. the worst offender is my mother in law. I've actually started to avoid her because she kept telling me I didn't even look pregnant and it was stressing me out that the baby was too small! I really don't know why people feel the need to comment on pregnant women all the time. In the last week or so my ankles and feet have got really swollen and now people are commenting on them too. Drives me nuts!

My maternity leave is similar to yours pip. I have 4 weeks of holidays to use then just get the 6 weeks paid leave so I've been trying to stay at work as long as possible so I have the time after the baby arrives. I'm not due to finish until I'm 36 weeks but I'm already really suffering from back pain so not sure how realistic that it. Just be careful about getting signed off sick if it's close to the time your maternity leave is due to start. In my work if you ring in sick with anything pregnancy related within 4 weeks of your leave being due to start they can force you to start your maternity leave with immediate effect.
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 12:31am

That is the same as most workplaces that they can start your mat leave up to 4 weeks before baby is due if you are on the sick. A lot of places don't enforce that but it is worth checking our your works policies carefully as im nearly sure it's 4 weeks before due date rather than the date you have put on the MatB form.

Net I'm 36&3 so bean is being delivered at 37&4 days because it's a good size already and I had a lot of scar tissue last time my consultant doesn't want me to go too long as I think she's concerned about an emer hysterectomy as she said something about the last one nearly needing it. That's why she is having another consultant at the delivery xx ps you didn't annoy me with the superwoman comment at all hun!! I am constantly on the go and am forever up to my eyes. Just the way I like it!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Net (28.05.2015)

Tab

Ace

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 5:49pm

Hi all
My midwife has just spoken to me again about whooping cough vaccine.
I've been reading public health data but would love to have an idea on if everyone is getting it?
I'm just so scared it'll do something awful to my babies. Trying to weigh up the risks I'm thinking lll keep them away from anyone under 15 for 8 weeks after they're born!xxxx

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 5:51pm

Hi tab, I had the whooping cough vaccine last week. My midwife strongly recommended it and I couldn't find any evidence to suggest that it wasn't safe. I've had no ill effects xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 6:02pm

Hey Tab I also had mine on Tuesday. I also worry about some of the vaccines but generally think they are safe. The midwife was talking about how so many of these things are making a recurrence because of the fear of vaccines having bad effects.
I can understand how people get so worried but I personally think the benefits outweigh any possible risks ️xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Net (28.05.2015)

Tab

Ace

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 7:51pm

Thanks ladies. Xxx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 9:46pm

I had it with DD and will be having it again this time. Neither I nor DD had any side effects at all xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Net" (May 28th 2015, 9:47pm)

Reg: Mar 5th 2014

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 9:57pm

Hi tab, I had my vaccine 3 weeks ago - no side effects and baby seems to be fine judging by the rolling around he/she's been doing of late. Jokes aside,know what you mean about keeping kids away from wee one when they arrive, never thought about it till a couple of weeks ago when 5 y/o niece (with permanent snotty nose) was over and talking about holding baby - she's desperate to meet him/her! No chance of keeping them apart for 8 weeks.... Thinking I might get a caboo/boba wrap and wear baby when folk are visiting...

Wow, 37+4 will be here in no time heather! Mine was measuring 4 weeks ahead at last scan so hoping I'll get decision on induction/section at next appointment, and a rough timescale too. They originally said about 38w either way so only 4-5 weeks to go, maybe less (eek!)
IVF #1 April 2014 Cancelled - OHSS so freeze all cycle
FET #1 July 2014 BFN
FET#2 Oct, :BFP:

Tab

Ace

Friday, May 29th 2015, 10:32pm

I'm deffo going to get the vaccine. I've got over the fear of harm now. Thank you girls.

Highlander you're so right! I've 6 nieces and nephews in my city and 4 coming over from USA in aug, as kids are somebody always has an illness poor things!
But I'm going to be over the top annoyingly protective of my babies and be upfront with siblings and in laws - if anyone's ill or recently been ill please leave it a week as I won't let you in the front door. Hahaaa. Seriously! They'll think I'm so over the top but I have developed OCD tendencies with germs so I'm sure they'll understand. : D

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 6:04am

Hi ladies. I am the same with visitor s I have turned into a crazy lady asking everyone to alcohol! Tbh I really don't want anyone to hold them! Particularly kids!
ICSI PGD 2012 no transfer
ICSI PGD may 2013 no transfer
DIVF converted to IUI :BFN:
DIUI March 2014 :BFP: Ectopic

DIUI Sept 2014 :BFP: Twins!

What's Up?

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 8:51am

Hi Gingerbean hope your all doing well. The other day I was reading something about a woman who had a baby premature and when she got him home she didn't take him out for 2 months incase he was exposed to germs. That got me thinking how I would be because I'm a germ freak. I would like to think I'm not going to be as anxious as that though but definitely won't want everybody handling them xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Tab

Ace

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 10:05am

Ladies I'm so glad it's not just me with this. Keep the germs away from our babies!!
Xxx

Clarabel77 (30.05.2015)

Net

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 7:09pm

I was like that with my DD for a while. Once they hit nursery it's game over, so whilst you can avoid germs, do! DD got her first cold at 8 weeks, but no serious illness until 9 months when all our household got norovirus. That was not fun!

Just back from seeing my university housemate in Rutland. Great fun, took kids to see a bug house, they got to hold stick insects etc. am soooooo tired though, no time to have feet up etc, it was full on for 24 hours and two hour drive each way too. Early night tonight

X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 8:56pm

Hi ladies, hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Sounds like you've had a busy day net!

Does anyone have any tips for reducing swelling in feet and ankles? I'm going to a christening tomorrow and my feet are so swollen that I can't get my shoes on! I'm going to look so gorgeous lol!
Ashastar

What's Up?

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 9:50pm

Ashastar my feet have been so swollen for weeks. I was told to sit with your feet raised above your heart as much as possible, sometimes it reduces but does come back again. My kidneys being rubbish doesn't help either.
If it's a nice day you can always wear some kind of comfy flip flops-they are my best friend just now.
Net sounds like you have had a lovely but tiring day-hope you get a good sleep xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 10:08pm

Hi ashastar, second what Clare says. Mine are worse when I'm hot, maybe stick feet in basin of cold water? Are they peep toes? A pal swears by putting hers in the freezer to stretch them, fill watertight bag with water, pull through the peep toe and chuck in freezer - the water expands and stretches the shoes.... Or so the theory goes, never tried if myself!
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Pip

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 11:49pm

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well
Ashstar I've had the swollen hands and feet this last week or so sitting with feet in a cold basin of water and washing hands in cold water helps a bit. Think I might need to stop wearing my rings soon there have been a couple of nights I've struggled to get them off
xx

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 12:40am

Thanks ladies, will try all of the above. Highlander they aren't peep toes but will definitely keep that little trick in mind for the future! I only bought the shoes yesterday and they seemed fine then. Here's hoping my feet have deflated a bit by morning lol xx
Ashastar

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 7:14pm

My belly moved earlier!!!! Felt the baby then looked down and my belly moved, then kicked again and moved again!!!!!
Surely it's too early for that!!! Was amazing to see again :) loved that part of being pg with ds :)

Hope everyone is doing well and had a lovely weekend?
We took ds to the seaside yesterday, had such a lovely day was shattered when we got home though!!!!
Nice chilled day today ;)
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

What's Up?

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 8:58pm

Aww that's lovely Cheenab, you obviously have an active wee baby in there. I find it amazing watching my belly move about, some of the shapes my bump is pulling at the moment are something else. It's lovely to watch.
Sounds like you have had a lovely weekend. I've not been doing much, feel shattered! Had a lovely dinner at my mums and apart from that the weekend has just disappeared.
John finishes up work for the summer holidays in less than 4 weeks so it's nice timing for the babies arriving but by that time he will probably be wishing he was still at work-I have been grumpy with a capital G the past few days.
Can't work out if it's hormones or just irritability because I'm so uncomfortable but poor guy is scared to speak lol :S
Hope you all are doing well, and Ashastar I hope you had a lovely day at the christening and your wee feet are not suffering too much xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Pip

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 9:29pm

Aw cheenab that's lovely, how many weeks r u now? Ur baby must be strong

Net

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 9:39pm

Aw Cheenab how lovely. I have felt definite movements these past few days, some days more than others. I'm looking forward to the boots in the ribs my DD used to give me - always reassuring.

Anyone else with back ache at this early stage ( am 19 weeks on Tuesday). Have been in agony all day, got worse after doing the ironing so DH has volunteered to do it from now on ( bonus!). So sore. have been on the go all day today with housework, cooking and dealing with tantrums so wondering if I've just over done it. In bed now and off for an early night. After swigging my nightly gaviscon that is. Pregnancy sure ain't glamourous is it ladies

Night all xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 10:32pm

Hi everyone, can't believe that's another weekend over already! I'm so tempted to ring in sick to work tomorrow as I'm absolutely shattered. Been on the go all weekend. The christening was lovely today but my poor feet are suffering now. They must be twice their normal size lol!

Cheenab that's great you saw baby move. You must have a real wriggler in there! I love watching it but my husband says it's a bit freaky!

Net I got back ache from shortly after 20 weeks. It is always worse after sitting in the car or at my desk in work but it also wakes me during the night. You're right it isn't glamorous! I keep the bottle of gaviscon beside my bed and swig from it all night long. Couldn't manage without it! xx
Ashastar

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 10:48pm

16 weeks today!! If it hadn't of happened twice I would have been convinced it was just wind rotf but was definitely a little kick ;)
I'm feeling loads lately I didn't feel ds properly till 22 weeks, this one must be a right wriggler, the mw commented how active it was when she was checking for heartbeat and whenever I listen in on the Doppler you can hear it move about ;)
Definitely more reassuring!!!!

Net I've been suffering with back ache for the past few weeks I'm in agony when I wake up in the morning!! Did you have an epidural with DD? I'm with you on the tantrums ds is being a nightmare lately, he's 3 going on 13 has the attitude of a teenager lately!!!

Aww ashastar make sure you rest those feet, one little sick day won't do any harm ;)

Ah Clare, I'm sure DH understands!! Poor men have to put up with a lot on this journey, mine gets moaned at all the time :P he loves it really rotf
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Pip

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 9:04pm

Hi ladies how is everyone?
We have just had our bedrooms all painted to start getting the nursery ready. I can really smell the paint and not sure if it is safe to sleep here, or if I should go to my mums what do u ladies think? I've been breathless as it is so don't want to set it off again
xx

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 9:25pm

Hi pip, we painted our bedroom a few weeks ago and I slept in it with the window open. If it's just emulsion paint it is supposed to be safe however I did wake up the next morning with a headache and a sore throat. It may have been a coincidence but I did blame the paint. If you can spend the night at your mums it probably wouldn't do any harm x
Ashastar

Pip

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 9:33pm

Thanks for replying so quickly ashstar. DH thinks I'm being a bit of a hypochondriac over it. We also had an ante natal class tonight and I wasn't comfy in any of the positions they were telling us to try so he has told me I am going to b a nightmare so now I am trying to play it all down and prove him wrong lol
xx

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 9:55pm

Lol I'm sure you'll be fine to stay there. It shouldn't be harmful to the babies but the fumes might make you feel a bit yuck. My mum swears that putting a bowl of water in a room that's just been painted helps to get rid of the fumes. Not sure if it works but might be worth a try!
Ashastar

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 10:14pm

Hi Pip, we have had loads of emulsioning going on over the past few weeks because John painted the nursery and the hallway upstairs. We got low fume stuff and opened the windows, and also put half an onion under the radiator (my wee grannies tip). I was actually fine and it can't do any harm to babies so try not to worry. xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Pip

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 11:19pm

Thanks ladies staying put and seeing how I get on hopefully won't mess up my breathing
xx

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 9:05am

Hi pip, how'd you get on last night? Painting is on my list for next couple of weeks too but was planning to do it in mornings and leave windows open all day... Will try the onion and bowl of water tricks too...

Any of you taking raspberry leaf tea/tablets? Or been advised not to if you're getting induced/section? Read it tones uterus and can shorten active labour, but old wives tail it can kick off labour which I don't want if docs decide I need section, but do want if I'm getting induced, would much rather I started on my own rather than prostaglandin/drip etc... seeing consultant next week, and will ask then, but thought I'd get a head start with 1 cup a day if it's safe then gradually increase it if I get the go ahead next week. Maybe too late for it to make a difference now anyway (not got induction/section date yet, but expecting towards end of month).

Sorry for rambling!
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 9:16am

Ps last scan showed placenta not low lying, and I've not had any bleeding for a couple of months so presume it's staying out the way now
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

What's Up?

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 10:41am

Hi Highlander great news your placenta has budged and no more bleeding!
Some one at my ante natal class asked about raspberry leaf tea and the midwife said to start it between 32/33 weeks if you want to but she said not to take it if know for certain your being induced or ar having a section, I can't remember why?!
I have to go in Tuesday and Wednesday next week for steroid injections, freaking a bit about that but know it has to be done. Do you know yet if you are going to be getting a section or not? Have you got a preference? It's all getting really close now eh? : D
Hope all you other ladies are well and pip hope you didn't suffer with the paint fumes ️xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 11:18am

Thanks Clare, think I'll leave it till I see consultant in that case. Section not certain, but possibility if wee one keeps growing at same rate - would prefer not to have one, but would rather a planned one to emergency one. not making any firm birth plans either way, will go with whatever they advise. Scary close now! Hope injections next week aren't too bad x
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

Pip

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 11:52am

It's getting so close for u ladies now!
Great news re the placenta and no bleeding too, highlander what size is baby now?
I survived the paint fumes and hopefully by the time I go home tonight it's gone,
Have changed my mat leave on a few weeks so I'm not due to finish till the end of July now but will see how I go.
xx

Clarabel77 (04.06.2015)

Thursday, June 4th 2015, 11:36am

Hi everyone, glad to hear you survived the paint fumes pip! We haven't actually painted our nursery yet. I don't want to do it a neutral colour so we're going to have to wait and see if the baby is a boy or girl first!

Highlander, good news that your placenta is behaving. It won't be long for you now! I haven't heard about raspberry leaf tea so can't offer any advice. You're probably right though to wait and see what the consultant says.

Clare, hope the injections aren't too bad. What are they for?

Heather, how are you? Am I right in saying its this week that you are having your section? All the very best. Looking forward to hearing your news!

Do any of you ladies have dogs? I have a wee terrier and I'm starting to worry a bit about how he'll react to the baby. He's fine with my nieces and nephews but is very hyper and always tries to jump all over them. He also barks like mad anytime anyone comes near our house so I dread to think what's going to happen when people come to visit the baby! Was just wondering if any of you have any tips? xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Thursday, June 4th 2015, 1:33pm

Hi Ashastar, I have a dog and although I'm not expecting any problems with her because she is such a placid thing Ive tried to think through this so it goes smoothly. One of my friends was told to bring home a blanket with babies scent on it while the baby is still in hospital so the dog is introduced to the scent before them coming home. Not sure if that will help or not but I have been reading up a bit about that very thing over the past few weeks now it's getting closer because you don't know how they will react, and my wee yorkie is our first baby lol!
The steroid injections are to mature babies lungs because they will be delivered before full term. I am actually in a weird way looking forward to getting them so I know if I go before section date I have had them, every little helps!
Hope your keeping well, time is so flying in now it is unreal.
Hi to all you other ladies! Heather can't wait to hear your news. : D xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Thursday, June 4th 2015, 2:50pm

Hi pip, baby was measuring 4 weeks ahead at last scan but they couldn't get head measurement so don't know if he/she big all over or if risk of shoulder dystocia, keen to hear what they say on Tuesday...

Hope the next couple of months at work go ok, can you use holidays to go part-time towards the end? I was putting in for a day here and there which really helped. If I felt well I'd do a few hours on "days off" then take those hours as late starts/early finishes on other days.

Ashastar, no dog but a bit worried about our cats- have been playing babies crying (you tube clips) to try and acclimatise them, and will do the blanket before baby tip Clare suggests too. Not sure if the baby crying thing works for dogs though. Expecting our furry babies to play up a bit, if nothing else as I'll be away for a few days at hospital - they always take the huff when we're away! Can you put your terrier in another room when visitors arrive then let him out when everyone is sitting /calmly chatting? Or have a stash of new toys/bones to distract him? (I have catnip at the ready at this end, not sure what the doggy equivalent is). See you can buy "adaptil" for dogs that helps them cope with new situations, might be worth plugging one in a few days before d day?
FET #1 July 2014 BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "highlander" (Jun 4th 2015, 2:53pm) with the following reason: Googled feliway for dogs

Pip

Thursday, June 4th 2015, 5:42pm

Hi all, I have a labradoodle, he is in my pic, he is my 1st baby like u said Clare and I have spoiled him rotten for 6 years, he is great with kids really likes them but he is jealous of mine and Stewart's attention is not on him so I'm a bit worried about how he will cope with that but I know he will get used to it.

Good luck for Tuesday highlander
xx

Thursday, June 4th 2015, 7:40pm

Thanks girls, glad I'm not the only one with a doggy to introduce to baby! I will try the blanket trick and will maybe put a baby gate up so that I can keep him out of the room when visitors are in but he will still be able to see what's going on.

Pip your labrododdle is gorgeous! We're the same with our terrier, have spoilt him rotten since we got him! He's definitely like a big baby. He's really protective of me so when he gets used to the baby he'll probably be the same with it. Should be interesting lol!

Clare, have they given you a date for your section yet? Can't believe how close we're all getting to having our little babies!
Ashastar

Pip

Thursday, June 4th 2015, 8:27pm

It is starting to get real now isn't it.
I'm sure the animals will get used it just a wee change to their routines.

Good luck with the injections Clare it is good to know u will have had them
xx

Net

Thursday, June 4th 2015, 8:42pm

I also have a dog ( see my avatar!) - he's a miniature schnauzer and is my first baby, I was also a bit worried but after a few weeks he took to my DD and now they really are best friends, it's so sweet. She calls him her hairy brother. It will take time for the dog to adapt to the changes - my dog ( Flynn) hated the crying and really sulked for a few weeks, he was properly depressed, but he did get used to it and within a few weeks was back to his old self. No jealousy, no issues at all,. I just made sure and still do that they were never alone together. DD can get a bit over affectionate and I don't want Flynn to get crowded and react badly, no matter how much they love each other!

Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Thursday, June 4th 2015, 9:38pm

Aww what are we like with our wee fur babies! : D
I actually was reading about a woman on Facebook who was having a baby and gave her 2 wee dogs away, that made me so sad, I could never do that. It's obviously just got to be handled in a way that the dogs aren't majorly stressed out.
Ashastar I've been given a section date for 3rd July, but really don't think I'm going to make it that far. I was at midwife on Tuesday and got sent up to get checked out because feeling so much pressure and loads of strong braxton hicks. The CTG showed quite strong contractions at a couple of points, and apparently I'm dilated to 2.5. She did say some people can carry on like that for a few weeks but I got the feeling she didn't think that was going to happen. Will be glad when I've had the steroids, but just grateful for any extra time they can stay in there cooking.
I will miss you guys when we have all had our babies!! You've all been such a part of this amazing time xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE