You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 9:34pm

Oh Scoffs that just made me heave a little bit!! :teehee:

Think I've just got my energy back in heaps, I'm still on the go at half 9! Ordered OH out for a trip Sainsburys for a folder for all the antenatal letters I have and to keep it all in one place, was feeling a bit tired in there and now I'm all bouncy again...lordy!
Got a packet of muslin sqaures too...just a little every shop should help...

ok...need to get rid of some this....am going to try bath and see what happens...

nighty night! (ooh loved that programme...)
:jilly:
babydust
1st IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - bfn
Adenomyosis diagnosed May 2010
Zoladex Treatment Jul-Sep 2010
2nd IVF November 2010 - BFP!!!
6w One [zx076] seen 23 Dec 2011
10w One Jumping Baby [zx075] seen 22 January 2011
12w6d Laid back Baby [zx075] seen 10 Feb 2011

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 9:44pm

Hey All, Just thought I'd add that a few of my friends use the cloth nappies. Some have had to give up as LOs get bigger (they're almost 2 now) and for some reason they seemed to work better for the girls than the boys, but there is another plus point. Pampers etc are so absorbant now, which is great when required, but as you get to potty training toddlers aren't really uncomfy in them and often can't tell when they're wet. When the pee in a reusable nappy you have to change them as they don't like it, hence as a side effect potty training seems easier and earlier. I have to admit though, whilst they sound great in principle, I'm a disposable user as still all sounds a bit of a faff to me.
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, February 25th 2011, 7:37am

It's Friday - yay!!! happydance

Felt like a long week in work but now Friday is here it has actually gone quicker than I thought. What are peoples plans for weekend? DH is out tonight with work so I've drove in work today so I can call at Morrisons on my way home and do a food shop. Tomorrow I hope to do some chores and more clearing out, this time clothes (last week it was books). I have so many clothes and some I haven't worn for over a year so I need to be ruthless and take some to the charity shop. This is all in preparation for getting the nursery ready as currently it is my dressing room as well as a room we keep other junk in!

So when are people finishing for maternity leave? My last day is Friday 17 June and I'm using 3 and a bit weeks holiday before my maternity leave officially starts. I am having a full year off with holidays added on to the end of it so won't be back in work till the start of August next year! I did contemplate having an extended career break but financially it would be tight relying on DH's wage and I'd rather we have money to spend on our little boy and other nice things than scrimp and save.

Mindy - I have asked that I return to work on 4 days a week and have Wednesday's off. I think it will break the week up for me. Plus my mum doesn't work on Wednesdays so some weeks we can spend the day together, which will be nice. xx

Not really much else to report. Got mild butterfly feelings this morning but not as intense as yesterday morning. Hopefully I'll start to experience these daily now. Had stretching pains yesterday afternoon so think I'll get another growth spurt over the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, have a nice weekend ladies.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Caz

Ace

Friday, February 25th 2011, 7:54am

I finished yesteray - whoop whoop - worked right till the end with DS but have been too shattered this time so have a bit longer off (although have had to stop DS going to nursery due to finances so I'll prob be more knackered!).

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Children: a bun in the oven!

Friday, February 25th 2011, 8:42am

OMG Caz i just read your signature, ur due on my birthday!! hehe. not long for you at all now!

Hoping its great having a wednesday off, i loved it. my dr made me do it and i feel much much better!

so this morning i was sick, which i hadnt been sick for a week so im taking that as a sign that it is starting to die down now! and ive gone from not being able to stomach food, to wanting to eat everything in sight so im hoping this is gonna make me get stronger and i can finally start enjoying pregnancy! i have to go and see someone at peri-natal as my doc was worried about my state of mind, i kept getting myself so wound up beause i was so ill all the time that i started feeling guilty about being pregnant and questioning whether i deserved it! (i realise how silly it sounds when you say it out loud but in my head i was in a right mess!) so just as a precaution they want me to go see someone as apparently post natal depression can start in pregnancy so they want to prevent that. i must admit though, ive felt so much better this week, last night i was a bit down, enough for DH to notice but im not expecting things to just go back to normal immediately!

hope everyone else is ok! ive just polished off a fried breakfast now im at work thinking of the biscuits in my drawer! lol

xx

bab23

IVF Nov 2010, 30 eggs, 20 embryos, 6 snow babies and a BFP!!!

MY DIARY - Mindy and Daddy Cool's pregnancy diary!

Help for Heroes Parachute Jump www.bmycharity.com/v2/stevencurry

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Friday, February 25th 2011, 8:52am

Morning ladies

so happy its friday myself happydance

caz - congrats on been on mat leave...lucky you!! you might be more knackered with DS at home but it sure beats working :thumbsup:

Hoping - so nice you have started to feel flutters again. soooo exciting :D

peony - thanks for the compliment on Arabelle. hubby love sit too....more than our original name so i think we'll be going with it. we're keeping it to ourselves though (well not on here!!) cos we want there to be a bit of a suprise for people when we have her. Hope u had a better nights sleep last night. i'm always waking up for a pee or hungry myself..lol.

mindy - glad you've started to feel better hun. now you can start to enjoy.

i love coming in here and there been lots of new topics of conv.... heehee. its like a proper mothers meeting!! :snigger:

maternity leave - hmmm wondering when to take mine. my holiday year doesn;t start until july 1st and i only have 2 days to take cos i used all mine on when having 2 treatments last year...... so think i'll be working up until end of june and then taking 2 weeks holiday so my mat leave won;t start til mid july (so more time with buba). i have a long commute though so i'll have to see if i physically can work until end of june....it might eb difficult!!

i will only take 9 months mat leave though cos i can't afford not to get paid at all for the last 3 months. i too know it will be tight while i'm on mat leave cos i only get stat mat pay but hey ho.... we'll just have to cope.

i had an appraisial with work yetserday and it was the 1st time i asked my boss the chances of them taking me back 3 days rather than 5 after the baby and he said it should be fine. i'm really pleased about it cos no one else is PT at my work so i didn;t think they would let me. my boss even said he can be quite flexible and i can do different days every week so it can suit when my hubs not working and i can extend my hours to get more pay if i wanted. so one less thing to worry about it that i'll have a PT job after Buba is born :thumbsup:

i'm very lucky cos my mum will have Buba 2 days a week for me so that really helps with childcare costs. my dh has a funny pattern to his days off too so xfingers we can work it out so we don;t need to pay for childcare..... its so ruddy expensive isn't it??

are most of you ladies going back PT after mat leave? i'm so relived my work has given the okay cos it wouldn't have been worth me going back if i'd have had to pay for childcare.

anyway been feeling my tum last night...... not sure i've felt buba yet but i sometimes feel like there is something in there moving about..... but i've not felt an actual prob yet more like sometimes i think 'did i feel something then'..... maybe i just have a little Buba cos i was only a little baby ?( 6 more sleeps to my scan...........

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Feb 25th 2011, 8:53am)

United Kingdom

Friday, February 25th 2011, 9:07am

hey BooBoo

god nearly scan time already? doesnt feel like 5 mins ago we were all in first tri!

i think ill only be taking 9 month off, but i think im gonna have to work from home whilst on mat leave as i do all our accounts and the boss wont bring anyone else in to do it so ho hum!

i wanna try and work from home when i go back to work too so i can stay at home with my lil tinker! im getting excited already for labour, i just want him/her here for cuddles! lol. lots of my friends on fb have all given bitrth and i love to look at their babies hehe.

well, looks like we are moving into our new house on 20th march! we are so excited! its a 4 bedroom! it will be lush as i have 2 teenage brothers who stay at my house all the time but if we had of only gotten another 2 bedroom, when baby comes they would have had no where to stay but this way they have a room each! lol! plus my dad lives in holland with my step mam and 5 yr old brother and they are wanting to come over when ive had the baby so they will come and stay with us too!

im gonna start looking at nursery furniture soon! xx

bab23

Friday, February 25th 2011, 11:07am

Mindy - can your boss make u work from home when your on mat leave?? or do you not mind? i can't wait not to have to think about work for 9 months, i'm trying to stay as long as i can though while pregnant so most of my mat leave will be with the baby. i think i'll cry ;( when i have to go back to work after mat leave but we can't afford for me not to work and there's no chance i'll be allowed to work from home. Great news you'll be moving into a new house soon....lots to keep you busy until currybum arrives :thumbsup: xxxx

United Kingdom

Friday, February 25th 2011, 12:08pm

well i dont think he can by law but i dont mind that much as long as he doesnt think im gonna do it all day everyday!

i think by law you have to have at least 6 weeks away from work

you enjoy your time off hun, i know i will be! i want ,my currybum here now lol, im dying for a cuddle! haha.

ah yeah, our house is gonna be fab. i cant wait x

bab23

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Friday, February 25th 2011, 12:56pm

Hi everyone - lots of chat on here, can't keep up with everyone.

Lots of talk about cloth nappies. I quite fancy them as well but don't know if I'd ever get the hang of folding them correctly. I think the environmental impact is similar for cloth and disposables when you weigh everything up but the benefits of costs come in if you have more than 1!

Re maternity leave....because I'm a teacher I'm planning on working up to the summer hol when I'll be 36 and a half weeks. Not sure whether I'll be able to keep going until then as I don't know how you feel when you're that far gone?? And then I'm going to take off the best part of a year. Id like to go back part time but it's not always possible in teaching so I'm not sure what I'll do if they say no.

Been for midwife check today and al OK - got to hear the heartbeat which was lovely. No worries about still being pregnant as still feeling ill - think it's getting slightly better though. Bought 2 pairs of maternity jeans from a charity shop as well - couldn't believe my luck that they were the right size.

Mindy - glad you're feeling a bit better as well - can you buy the Bel vita biscuits fom any supermarket? I've not heard of them but think they're worth a try.

When does everyone have next scans? x

Mindy

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 10:00am

Hi everyone! I've been reading the great nappy debate with interest, my friend used the resusables for all 3 of her kids and swears by them. My little sis had her baby last week and had bought all her reusables but is using disposables just now as her DD is a bit teeny but plans to swap over soon. I must confess, we did look at them but DH felt that as we already make our own bio-diesel for both cars ( don't ask...) and recycle absoloutely everything that can that we would use disposables. I still feel a bit guilty espescially as we are now expecting no2, but we even tried the biodegradable disposables with DD and just ended up buying pampers as they seemed to be the only ones that managed to semi-contain the breast feeding korma that was propelled at force, usually out of both legs of the nappy and up her back! We still ended up changing at least her vest if not the whole outfit at nearly every nappy change for weeks..... but I admire and salute anyone that uses the reusable ones. I worry about the amount of baby wipes we use too... we use them for everything!
Re maternity leave, when I was working expecting DD I managed up to 33 weeks then took some hols before mat leave. I was huge and doing 12.5 hr shifts in A&E, I was struggling to do stuff like stitch patients as I just couldn't get in close enough! This time I'm a full time mum doing the odd bank shift but thanks to my vulval varicose vein ( sorry if TMI!) I think my last shift will be when I'm about 27 weeks, the irony is I'm so much smaller this time! My Midwife has suggested cycling shorts to support my undercarriage, I was so taken aback :faint: that I forgot to ask where exactly one can buy size 16 maternity cycling shorts.... :snigger:
AFM, the heartburn has well and truly kicked in now, so I'm drinking vast quantities of milk and chewing remegel like its going out of fashion. I put my back out last week and it was just settling down when I strained it again. My gp said I could take the anti inflammatory voltarol at this stage so I only had one two days in a row to get me out of bed before I chickened out and haven't taken any more. I know we are allowed codeine but it knocks me for six, like a pint of gin! Has anyone actually got as far as buying a support belt yet? I'm reluctant to spend cash on something if it doesnt help. Now I'm not really earning at all we have to be more careful, but we really don't need anything new for tiddler coming apart from vests and some clothes and if its a girl we'll be fine and if its a boy..... well its a valid excuse for me to shop! I have anothe scan in about 4 weeks ( 28wk scan ) coz I'm considered high risk at the age of 40! I don't care if it means we get to see the baby again. Its kicking for Britain and my DH got his first proper kick the other night, you could see my tummy bouncing which was fab. OMG I've written tonnes as I've not been on in ages! Hope everyone has a great weekend. xxx
P.S. anyone else craving? I was at a kids party last sunday and there were links sausage in rolls for the adults and I couldn't help myself..... honestly I dream about eating sausages! Which for a vegetarian is not good. tho I know when the baby arrives I'll be off meat again in a flash. Baby wants sausages so who am I to argue? : D

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

suki

Ace

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 10:01am

oops! I appear to have posted twice, so just deleting the second war and peace!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "suki" (Feb 26th 2011, 10:04am)

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 11:24am

:hi: Hi guys,

Think I am eligible to join you here...at 13 weeks 2 days today.

Am waiting for our scan on Monday though...so still feeling nervous about that. :wacko:

Felt abit lonely on the first tri chat...all the names I recognised gradually disappeared...so Hi again to lots of you! [zx021]

Tiny Teacher xxxxxxxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 11:38am

Morning girls and hello to tinyteacher (prob not to be tiny for much longer). My scan was at 14 weeks so can appreciate your apprehension. Are you at St. Marys too?

Suki, you're smaller this time round???? How did you manage that lol? And no idea where to get maternity cycling shorts in size 16 :biggrin:

Caz, congrats to being on mat leave. I'd love to say to you get your feet up but know what it's like with a LO running around.

Dare i say it, I'm not the vaguest bit interested in reuseables...i never seem to stop as it is (neither does my washing machine!) and it'd just be one more thing to do.

Also, i'm a full time mum so obviously won't be on maternity leave so have absolutely no input there. I had my DD2 at 36 weeks though but was still feeling ok at that stage. This time round I am due to sit an exam though at 38+6 so will see if I make that.

Rocky, my next scan is 32 weeks to check on placenta position.

AFM, can sit and watch my belly move now lol. Makes for great entertainment although DP thinks I'm slightly loopy! My sis is coming up in a bit and she'll enjoy seeing it though.

Hello to Peony, Hoping, Booboo, Mindy, Amazing Grace and anyone else I'm missed. Hope you're all ok and enjoying your weekends bigkiss

P x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 12:51pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all having nice weekends!
Big HI to Tinyteacher - nice to see you in the 2nd trimester.

Something I've been thinking about.....when does your bump start to show? My stomache has got bigger but I'm sure no one would notice yet. I'm going to tell work next week - hope I'm not telling them too early.
Good news this morning. Got the letter from the hospital with results of nuschal scan saying I'm classed as low risk of Downs. Must admit it's a relief cos we tend to worry about everything!

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 6:20pm

Welcome Tinyteacher!! Nice to see you over here in the 2nd tri. Constant chatter in here lol xx

Suki - not really got any cravings yet I don't think, other than preferring chips or toast for meals LOL, Is that a craving? xx

Phillipa - oooh I can't wait to see my belly move, I bet it's amazing to watch. I can feel movement inside but will be a few weeks yet before I see movement from the outside. Can't wait though xx

Rocky - how many weeks are you now? I would say it's been since about week 16 that my bump has become more noticeable. At almost 19 weeks it is looking more like a pregnant belly rather than a bit of podge LOL, which is nice. I guess it depends on your size how soon you show. I google bump pics and they're all different shapes and sizes xx

We're at a 40th tonight so I've had an afternoon snooze to try and get some energy and to stop me falling asleep at 9pm LOL! Looking forward to getting dressed up actually. I''ve bought a top from H&M that is light pink and floaty to wear with leggings.

Just tucking into some chips (maybe this is a craving seeing as I eat them a lot LOL!) and gravy. Not very nutritional I know but I enjoy them. I can eat healthier tomorrow to make up for it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies.

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 7:20pm

Hi everyone, great to see lots of chat, taken me a while to catch up.
Hi tiny teacher, nice to see you in 2nd tri, have you long to wait for your scan?
Hoping have a good night out, I find I get a little energy boost when I go out but if I sit in I'm in bed between 8 & 9!!!
Rocky I'm so pleased to hear they listened in to the heart beat, someone told me they might not in my 16 week appointment as my mum is coming with me as a treat for her birthday on Monday! I hope I can hear it. My waist has increased but when I show friends they don't see it!! Can't wait for it to be more prominent.
Philippa was it strange the first time your belly moved?
Suki I work 12.5 hour shifts, I'm hoping to to take al once a week for a few weeks then leave at 36 weeks do you think it will be too much?
Afm been getting short of breat on minimal exersion and found i have a heart murmur, it's normal in pregnancy but got it checked out but heart is fine. I can't wait for Monday's appointment. just want to know everything is ok
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 8:13pm

hi all again no time to chat still working too much!! 60 plus hours a week for last 3weeks :(

try chat up soon xxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 8:13am

Adreamz -- good luck for your scan tomorrow. They listened to the heartbeat at our 16 week scan. Just ask if they don't offer it, I'm sure they will oblige.

12.5 hour shifts?! Wow I thought worked long days - I get in the office for 7:30ish and leave at 4:30pm. As part of my maternity rights they said I can reduce my hours by 2 hours a day if I wanted to after so many weeks. Not sure if I will take them up on that as need all the money I can before I finish for a year.

I'll be about 35/36 weeks when I finish work Adreamz. I'd say a month before our due date is about right, unless of course our LO's decide to come early, which I hope not. I'm looking forward to relaxing at home before the arrival and nesting. Is anyone else wanting to make their house as clean as possible for the baby? I mean I'm not just painting the nursery I am gutting it, getting new carpets, plastering etc. Plus I want to get a carpet cleaning company in to clean other carpets in the house so they're nice and fresh. Does that sound a bit obsessive LOL?

Well I went out last night for a friends birthday. It was just at our local pub. We got there for 8pm but by 10pm I'd had enough and came home. It was quite loud with music and people chatting and I thought poor Nathan won't be use to this much noise at this time as we're normally tucked up in bed at that time :teehee: It was nice to see friends though and DH was showing my bump to everyone, as in pulling my top tight over my belly so people could see. I could tell he was bursting with pride, which was a lovely feeling.

Well weekend is almost over, goes far too quick. I do like Sundays though, just chilling at home.

Bye for now,

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hoping77" (Feb 27th 2011, 8:16am)

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Children: 1

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 5:39pm

Hi ladies,

It's my first time in 2nd trimester. I haven't been on in ages due to my bad back but was getting withdrawal symptoms and had to get back. Whenever I read the posts or do diaries rounds my mood goes through the roof. What a wonderful place FZ is. thumbup
Interesting to read when others prepare to go no materinity leave. I've had no clue till now but it seems a month before being due seems typical.
As I was reading your post Hoping I had to chuckle to myself - this weekend i started thinking down the same line as you - not only repainting but changing floors too. You put a new idea in my mind too - having all carpets professionally cleaned - what a wonderful idea. high5 I am also de-cluttering - throwing out whatever is not needed. if only my energy levels were higher. Get tired so quickly and then can't keep my eyes open past 8PM. :tired:
I am also loooking forward to feeling the movements - as it's my first time I have no clue what that butterfly feeling is going to be like. :mmmmmm
At the moment my mind is preoccupied with the back that's ceased - the muscles around lower thorasic verterbrae locked and are sending spasms down my ribs. Have any of you experienced that? DH is helping me massage the area to get rid of that pain (that's what physio suggested). Sorry to be wingeing in my first post but hope you understand my frustration.
Rocky - regarding maternity jeans - I bought maternity jeggins not long ago only to find out they keep falling off my bum exposing my knickers - I feel like a teenager. Worried any other pair will do the same - apparently I have a flat bum in contrast to my big double bump at the front. smile2
Lots of love to everyone! lurve

My Diary

1# ICSI: Jan 2009 (Create): :BFN:
2# ICSI: March 2010 (Wessex): :BFP: - early loss
3# ICSI: Nov 2010 (ARGC): :BFP:
6 & 7 wk scan :heart: :heart: seen
8,9,10 wk scan :heart: seen
Immune issues

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 9:11pm

Hey Tiny Teacher and Bonnie!

Mum 82 I can't believe you are doing so many hours, you must be a superwoman!

Hoping - I think I have decided to take my 3 weeks holiday leading up to due date and then start mat leave after, probably be off for 9 months if we can do it...but we shall see how finances pan out.

Cazz - whoop whoop! for finishing already, hope that your LO doesnt give the runaround tooo much.

BooBoo - Im not sure if I'll do part time on the return, I will definitely be asking though, or even if its possible to increase hours on some days so that I get one weekday off..it's quite an old fashioned, male orientated company that I work for though, so not sure how that will work out..

Mindy - Its great that you are starting to enjoy your food again, must seem like a relief to get back to normal! and 4 bedder how lovely! Lots of room for new baby stuff!
Re the working whilst on mat leave, you probably already know as you do accounts, but you can only work 10 days on your leave without it affecting your mat pay, 1 day counts whetehr you do 1 hour that day or a full days work. See the bit about keeping in touch days at this link: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Mone…ights/DG_175088

Suki - Cycling shorts? really? was she joking? She may as well told you to try some really tight knickers!! hahaha!

Rocky - I think my bump started to look more bump like and less like I'd eaten all the pies since about 13 weeks. I was sort of showing quite early, no idea why. I'm not exactly small, 5'8'' and a size 16, but think I have small ribcage so maybe everything that get pushed up has less space, so sticks out more. I dont know, I do know that I love it though and the way it looks seems to change daily.

Adreamz - the heart murmur sounds a bit scary, but good to hear its normal in pregnancy. Have they told you how deal with it or what to do not to do? I get like a double beat or something going on, usually after I have eaten has only happened a few times in the last 2 weeks....I may mention it on my next appt. Enjoy the scan tomorrow and def ask after heart beat, I heard mine at nearly 14 week, so they should be able to do it for you.

AFM - Had a good day yesterday, caught up with some old work friends at one of their houses for lunch, one of them is due in April and was great to see her blooming! She had quite a journey before she finally conceived, so makes it even more specal!
Didn't get back until 11.30pm, so was quite tired, but was chuffed I managed that late! OH was tasked with painting the celing in the bedroom and removing the wallpaper, he managed to finish it all and did such a great job, was all cleaned up and tidied away by the time I got back! Have a new boiler being fitted in the next couple of weeks so will leave the papering until after then as they may need to lift the floorboards in there.
Today was more of a lazy day, we did get to Ikea though for a few bits, but then I had a 2 hour sleep in the afternoon and it now feels like 7pm instead of 9....Ill get this sleep thing right eventually...

Ok, just off to eat my tea...yes thats how messed up the day is and watch Being Human, its the best thing about Sunday night!

[zx127]

xxx
babydust

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 10:30pm

Hello everyone! Wow - I need to catch up with this more often. So much going on - it's great. Yep, definitely also doing the nesting thing - big time! We moved into a new house in May last year and still had boxes everywhere, unsure about where to put things etc. Also has some very tasteful decoration - not! We (or at least hubby) has spent the week overhauling the ensuite as it was a priority (leaking down into our lounge) and I've been trying to clear the 'nursery' of boxes. A very busy week and I'm pooped but it has been good. Back to work tomorrow - boo!

A couple of people have mentioned bad backs and I'm sorry I haven't replied before now. I had a discectomy last year and have already had one bout on the codeine since being pregnant. Suki - I have a support belt which I was given by a physio at 16 weeks but I have since seen a specialist women's health physio and agreed with her that it's best to leave it until I'm a bit bigger rather than start relying on it now. It definitely does help though so if your back is getting bad, it might be worth it. There are also exercises that might be worth a try first. My physio says pelvic tilts are your friend in pregnancy! Because we naturally arch our back as the bump grows, tilting the pelvis forwards helps work against this and helps the tummy muscles stay a bit stronger too I think. I've been told to do them standing against a wall, knees slightly bent and then lift my pelvis to push the small of my back against the wall and back to the centre. I'll see if I can find any links to some diagrams for you. My obstetric consultant also said paracetamol fine, codeine fine, NSAIDs (ibuprofen, diclofenac etc.) - avoid if possible. Shelley - how is your back? Any better?

I like the thread about when people are finishing work. I had thought I might try to go up to 2 weeks before due date, but maybe use annual leave to cut down to 3 or 4 day weeks during May and the first 2 weeks in June. I have a long commute though and work horrible hours at times so I'm going to see if I can address that first - maybe try leaving on time/early and doing an hour's work from home where it is more restful. I do work in a hospital though so if I'm feeling a bit rough or even if, yikes, even if I went into labour early, well, I'd be in the right place. Not sure how I would feel about doing all of that in front of people I might need to face in a meeting at a later date though ;) !!!!

Ok, time for hot chocolate, marshmallows and bed!

Night!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 10:38pm

Suki - links look too long to paste on here. I just googled 'pelvic tilt pregnancy' and 'images' and it returns a couple of decent diagrams showing this standing. I've been told to do 10, three to four times a day.

Hope it helps.

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Monday, February 28th 2011, 8:45am

Morning huns.

Hope u've all had good weekends. its been busy in here as usual :thumbsup:

i'm 20 weeks today...halfway mark happydance i got dh to take a piccie of my bump this morning and the difference between this weeks and week 18 is huge!!! i must have had a big growth spurt the last 2 weeks (maybe thats why i was in so much pain 2 weeks ago!).

still not felt buba.... i have a feeling i may have a anterior placenta. on a night i sit with my hands pressed lightly on my tum and sometimes i think i feel something in there.... but i also think i'm just trying to convince myself. it would be reassuring if i could feel Buba but i'm trying not to worry too much.

i've also had a tingling feeling just below my right boobr the past 10 days or so. its on one small area and every now and again it tinlges and i have to rub it for it to go away... its just a bit irritating and i'm not sure what it is ?( its kind of where my bra ends so don;t know if its a nerve getting irritated or something. i'm going to ring the MW later anyway and ask about this and not feeling my LO.

lots of you are seeming to finish work before around 4 weeks before EDD....hmmm, maybe i'm kidding myself thinking i can work until 2 weeks before on a long commute.... we'll see how i go anyway cos if i get fed up its easy to say i'm going on mat leave earlier than expected.

Peony- where i work is quite male orientated too or all the women that do work here are FT after babies so i wasn't expecting them to be so easy going about PT after mat leave. maybe your employers will suprise u and be just as flexible for you... i know i was suprised by mine!

bonnie - good to see u back hun. hope your back feels better soon though, it sounds painful.

hoping - sounds like u had a good night on sat hun. and i think u did well to stay until 10pm..lol. i've promised dh we'll go for a meal out in a couple of weeks when he's off work cos we've not been out much sinse i got preg. its shattering though isn;t it...lol. nice to get dressed up though and show off your bump. your dh sounds so sweet showing off your bump, he sounds very proud of his wifey and baby son.

mum - u really are super woman with all those hours...u put us to shame! don't work too hard though

adreamz - glad your heart murmur isn't too serious hun. i get short of breath easily now too....thought it was just a pregnancy thing. maybe i should mention it to my MW.

Tinyteacher - congrats on reaching 2nd tri hun :D

hiya to everyone else - i can only go back 10 posts.....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday, February 28th 2011, 9:48am

Me again.....

just phoned my GP and there was a apt available to see the MW for tomorrow aft. so i've booked it cos i'm worried about not feeling my LO at all and that weird numb tingling feeling i'm getting below my boob. just can't wait until thursdays scan and just want to know my LO is ok. Do u think the MW will think i'm crazy?? i didn't think a GP apt would help with it been pregnancy related so just wanted to know if you guys would have done the same if you were worried about something? Hope the MW doesn't think i'm wasting her time.

xxxxx

Caz

Ace

Monday, February 28th 2011, 11:23am

Hey BooBoo - know it doesn't really ease the worry but I don't think I really felt my first one until about 21 weeks. The midwife is a good idea though as they will listen to the heartbeat and put your mind at rest, then it's only a couple of days till your scan. In a couple of weeks you'll probably be able to relax a bit, I reckon I'm bruised at the moment from all the battering I'm getting from LO :happy:

Monday, February 28th 2011, 1:32pm

Caz - thanks for that hun. i know i'm prob worrying unnessasarily spesh when i have a scan booked for thurs but i think i'm doing more harm sat worrying about it so i may as well take an apt as seen as though one is available. i just hope my MW doesn't think i'm a loon..... i'm sure she'll have met many worrying mummies to be though....lol. xxx

bring on thursday then i really can start to relax more after my scan..... i still can't belive i'm pregnant and i get to take a baby home at the end of it....i just think 'am i really that lucky?'

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, February 28th 2011, 2:34pm

Having a manic day!! Only just been able to log on! How dare work interrupt my time on FZ LOL!

Bonnie - glad I'm not the only one becoming a clean freak LOL! xx

Jules - like you, I had an afternoon kip yesterday but by doing that it took me ages to fall asleep last night so feel absolutely shattered today. I can't wait to go home to bed. Oh and we're having a boiler fitted in two weeks too!! The first of 3 big jobs to do. Then in April we're getting a brand new kitchen - woohoo!! xx

Booboo - I totally understand your concern. I do think though that when you're lying down pressing your belly and feeling movement that is your LO. That's exactly what I have been feeling the past week or so. Hopefully the MW will put yout mind at rest though. I must admit I've been having negative moments today, wondering if my LO is still OK. My scan isn't until the 9th and feels like ages away. I've had stretchy pains again this afternoon so hopefully that means all is well and my belly is continuing to grow. Oh and a couple of shooting pains down my side, hope that is normal?! I don't feel as big today, maybe I'm getting use to it?!

Adreamz - hope your scan has gone OK and you got to hear the heartbeat.

Monday, February 28th 2011, 4:47pm

Hi everyone,

Mum - how are you coping working such long hours? Seriously, you need to slow down a bit and make sure you're getting enough rest.
Hoping - I too have thought about getting a couple of new carpets as I don't want the LO crawking around on these old ones so I know where you're coming from. Not yet in the cleaning mode but sure I will be nearer the time. There's loads that needs doing but I haven't the energy at the moment.
Peony - wel I'm usuaully a size 12 but I've got this big flabby overhang over my waist as though the bump is pushing my fat upwards. Feels like I've scoffed loads of choccies at Christmas time and am paying for it!!
Bonny - had to laugh at the thought of your jeggins. My maternity jeans are too big - I did wear them at weekend as my others are tight but I kept having to pull them up.
Harry - I think you're brave if you're thinking of working so late - I want to finish now and not sure how long I'll be able to keep going for but I hope to work until I'm 36 +4 which I think is ambitious.
Booboo what a good idea about taking photo's of the bump. I hadn't thought to do this but am going to from now on - wish I'd done it from earlier.
Adreamz - did you get to hear the heartbeat?

Well I'm back at work today and it's gone OK but have had to deal with difficult kids as per usual! Told the head who was fine but didn't offer any extra help or support and I thought she would have as I've been off really ill - typical! Felt strange telling work people - I kind of wanted to keep it to myself longer as I'm constantly worried that something will still go wrong. Anyway it's out of the bag now!
My bump is growing now at 16weeks - I'm still not eating a huge amount as still feeling ill but my trousers are definitely tight now. What do you do at this inbetween stage - maternity clothes are too big but my normal clothes are uncomfortable?
Hope everyone's having a good day

Monday, February 28th 2011, 8:02pm

Ooooh Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows...yum!

Harry, I'm liking the idea of cutting down to 4 days by using some holiday, I may have to ponder that a bit, but like you said 2 weeks before sems quite close and that extra week is appealing...

BooBoo and Hoping - I can identitfy with worrying about whats going on inside, I'm only 3 weeks away from my last scan and I'm starting to worry myself, I think its probably more natural for us all on this site to do so as we have all had issues getting here. I'm just saying that you need to do whatever you need to do to get reassurance that everything is ok and dont feel silly or stupid for asking for that reassurance. I wish I could listen to myself! It doesnt matter how much my OH tells me that its all ok, I still will only feel better when I have had that scan!
I think the tingle thing is def the bra, I had a similar feeling when I pulled a muscle between my ribs, it went tingly and then numb right where my bra wire is, doc said it was just the nerve and it came back slowly.
I didnt have many crampy feelings over the weekend and worried but they are back today and guess what? Im worried!!Have a new pain in my hip today as well...

Hoping we didnt get to bed til late last night and I was tired at 2pm, will try early night tonight, but then scared Ill be up at 2am again!

Rocky - its strange how some people react to the pregnancy announcement isnt it? Maybe your boss will offer more help when she has digested the info a bit more? There is one girl at my work who just stares at my stomach every time I see her...its so weird...she never asks anything directly about the pregnancy just stares...very odd...
I think that you can use those bump bands to go over the top of your undone trousers to fill in until your bump gets bigger. Ive found that some of the mat troos have a massive area for bump and therefore no good whereas some that have an under bump band that where better for earlier. To be fair, I probably had the bump before I had the reason anyway! :snigger: I may stay in mat trousers forever!

Not much to report today, feeling ok, anxious to get to Sat when I can see LO again. OH birthday this week too, so still trying to work out what to get him! Such a bad wife! :O
babydust

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 11:05am

Hiya ladies,

You are all so good at posting!!!! I need to try and keep up more dont I!

I cant believe how far along we are all coming - its so exciting! I have my 20week scan 1 week tomorrow and literally cant wait! I know its a very important scan to check growth and for any problems etc but I just want to see my LO again and also find out if Im going to have a son or a daughter (eeek even writing that makes me excited)! Roll on the 9th march I say!

With regards to leaving work etc etc I have a new contract for when this one finishes on the 22nd march and I will be starting straight away on the 23rd and then working until the 14th July which is 2 weeks before the wee one is due - the good thing is I can do it all from home and wont have to commute to London every week from Edinburgh so I think I should cope ok. I dont get maternity leave or anything as I do contract work but looking at the Government website Im still hoping to get some pennies from them to tide us over before I decide when and if I will go back to work. DH would just have me being a baby making machine after this wee one and is already talking about when we will do our FET as we have 6 little blastos on ice waiting for us - IS HE MAD!!!!! I keep reminding him of how lucky we are to have even go this far and lets slow down a bit but he is just so excited about everything just now bless him!

I also think I need to remember Im preggers sometimes and to go to bed at a decent time! We had a party at ours on Saturday night and I ended up going to bed at 3am and was still singing on our karaoke at 2.45am - had been up until 1.30am the night before too as my SIL came to stay, Sunday night we went round to our friends for a film night and last night I was out for dinner so feeling very very sleepy today!!! Im now working for the next 3 weeks without a day off as we have weekend recordings for work - aarrgghhhhh must try harder to relax and just have early nights. Oh well onwards and upwards!

We ordered our nursery furniture and buggy on Sunday so thats all good. We decided on the maxi cosy Mura in the end as its perfect for what we want it for - dog walking and being in the countryside in general. So DH s going car shopping while im down South for work.

God sorry this post is all about me but I have to run.

Hope you are all well ladies and will post again later.

Lorraine

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

suki

Ace

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 5:27pm

Harry, thanks for that info, I'm going to check it out tonight after DD in bed.

Adreamz, I was able to sit and write notes between each patient when I was doing 12.5hr shifts last time, so I wasn't standing the whole time, my problem was that I got so big that bending to examine ankles or leaning forward to stitch became really difficult, so I was glad to finish up early. Plus I had a 45 min drive each way and my shifts always finished at 10 ( in theory ) so I found I wasn't getting to bed til later, brain would still be whirring and by the time I fell asleep it was time to get up to pee again.... Do you have a good boss? Will they find a way to accommodate you if the 12.5 hrs becomes too long, without you having to start mat leave? I took the whole years mat leave and it still seemed to fly in, so the longer you can work, its so much better to have the time at the other end, unless you are really stuggling. how did your scan go?

Lorraine, your DH is indeed bonkers! Its well seen that men don't need to do the pregnancy bit, or the birth or the breast feeding!

My friend just got a stokke explora (hope thats the right spelling ) it looks brilliant. I do love my city select, but I did have a moments pram envy when I saw it, in red, lovely!

Anyhoo, hi to everyone, off to investigate my DD's nappy....... wish me luck!

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 5:45pm

Hiya ladies

just got back form my MW apt and i got to hear Buba's HB again lurve so i feel much better now after worrying for the past week. my mw thinks i must have a placenta at the front for me to not be feeling Buba yet. i was a bit worried she might think i was worrying too much but she was really nice about me going to see her and said thats what she's there for. so roll on thursday......

oh and guess what..... just before my apt with the mw i'm sure i felt Buba move!!! typical just before my apt....lol. i was at my desk at work and felt a really obvious turning in my tum just below my tummy button (it wasn't wind either..lol). so xfingers i feel it again soon and know for sure.

hope your all ok ladies...sorry no personals i just thought i'd bob on and now i need to take my dog for her swimming session

catch up tomorrow xxxxx

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 6:11pm

Booboo thats is great news!!!!! Movement and a HB and you have your scan soon too. I think you definitely did the best thing with going to see the mw today and Im so glad she was lovely to you!!! So happy for you! x

Suki I hope that nappy wasnt too bad!!! haha! I have started looking at everyone who passes me and checking out the buggies and I have had buggy envy a few times too and I havent even got a baby or my buggy in the house yet???? It used to be shoes I looked at now its buggies - funny how times change isnt it!

lx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 6:28pm

Lozza - like you I can't wait for 9th March!! I just hope everything is OK. I don't know how you managed to stay awake that late, I would have been shattered. My eyes are closing come 8 or 9pm if I haven't had a kip in the day. xx

Suki - hope your DD nappy wasn't too messy LOL! xx

Booboo - great news on hearing the heartbeat. I knew everything would be OK. It is also comforting to hear for me as we have been experiencing the same thing (pressing our belly and feeling movement) so that makes me feel better. So will you be announcing the gender on FB after your 20 week scan? Imagine if they say it's a boy LOL! i said to DH that at our scan next week we're not going to let on we know it's a boy just to see if they confirm it. The nurse did say though she was 98% sure it was a boy and it certainly looked like one looking between it's legs LOL! Oh and I think what you have described today is definitely your buba moving. It's like a churning feeling isn't it? I experienced that the other day, like he was turning around inside me. Not felt any obvious kicks yet though. I guess that'll be a couple of weeks off when his legs are stronger. Glad you're feeling better anyway xx

Adreamz - did you have your scan yesterday? Hope all is OK xx

Hi to everyone else.

Not much to report from me. Wore a maternity dress for work today for the first time, one I got from Dorothy Perkins, and I must say it is very flattering and makes me look like I definitely am pregnant. It clings to my bump lovely and more people noticed, which was a nice feeling.

xxx

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 7:12pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well - as usual I've had a very sicky day!!!
Booboo - Good news about hearing the heartbeat - must have put your mind at rest.

Peony - or anyone - where is the best plae to get one of those bump bands - does anyone have one? I wondered what they were for!!! Just been looking at some on internet and Mothercare have a pack of 2 for £10 but then there were 2 reviews saying that they weren't comfortable and were a bit sea through. So just wondered if anyone knows which ones are better??

Hope you're all OK x

Caz

Ace

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 9:49am

Jojo has good ones but more expensive, Top shop ones are ok but come up quite big so maybe order on the smaller side. The best one I had was from an American company called peas in a pod but not sure if they are stocked in this country.

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 11:29am

Hi all
Hope everyone is ok?! I've had a bug & been really I'll still in bed now & nearly got admitted to hospital thank god I managed to avoid that!!
Is everyone getting big?? I feel huge & exhausted all the time, I'm hoping to take my leave 2weeks before I'm due but if I continue to feel this tiers I may have to take it earlier. We are actually looking to move now downsize a bit so I don't have to go back to work so much when lo here!
Got midwife thur hope I feel better & hope I get to hear heartbeat
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 1:08pm

hello ladies

mum - aww, sorry to hear u've been poorly hun. its easy for us to catch things when pregnant and especially when working so hard. glad you avoided hosp though. get better soon. and i'm sure you get to hear you LO's HB at the MW apt so that should cheer you up xxx

rocky - i bought my bump bands from Newlook. they were about £10 for 3 (1white,1grey and 1 black). they are not bad quality and the only one i find see through is the white one, but the other two are great. i also wear mine as a bum cover....lol. i wear them low if i'm waering leggings and my top isn;t long enough to cover my bum. i'm hoping to buy some longer vest tops though when i see some.... xxx

Hoping - oh yeah i will defo be announcing on facebook buba's gender....i can't wait. i'm sick of slipping up all the time and calling her 'her' infront of people..lol. i think i'll wait until i've told my family over the phone though so they find out from me and not fb. LOL at buba been a boy..... thats exactly what i keep saying..'what if Buba's grown a willy' :snigger: They did check twice though on our gender scan but i've kept the receipts for all our pink stuff just incase...lol. xxx

lozza - thats my thing at the moment too...checking out other peoples buggys....i'm sure people think i'm weird when i stare... :snigger: xxx

AFM - well i think i may have felt buba again today....typical isn't it after my MW apt...lol. its only a light feeling at the mo, but its definately not wind!! its like a feeling i've never felt before so can't really describe it apart from its like she's turning round. but its below my belly button so i think its her :happy:

i have my anomoly scan tomorrow. not feeling as nervous as i would have done had i not had a MW apt yesterday and heard the HB. so excited to see my Buba again and confirmation she's not grown a willy....ha ha. we were given 80% accuracy at our gender scan (think its more likely to say its a girl and get it wrong that saying a boy and it turning out to be a girl...but we shall see...). As long as its a healthy buba i dont care, he'd just have to wear pink babygro's though now :P

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 8:39am

Hi all, sorry I've not written sooner I haven't stopped. Monday was my mums bday so took her to my mw appointment. We got to hear the hb and mum recorded it so I could key dh hear too. It was wonderful. Can't believe I've got to wait 4 weeks before I get to see lo again!! Been busy with course work and had 2 long days at work. When I get home I'm straight to bed. Dh told me off because I didn't take a break but I'm constantly running in the office to eat so I let others go first then it's too late!!
Booboo, glad you heard hb and good luck with your scan. I was told a story yesterday about someone who got told the gender at 20 week scan, had to have another scan at 34 weeks and was told the other sex!! Think it's only ever 95% accurate. I hope they don't see a willy!!!
Rocky, I'm just wearing leggings and doing trousers up with a safety pin!!! I've only got a small bump and just look like I've put on a few pounds from overindulgence too!!!
Mum sorry to hear you not well. Have plenty of vit c and rest.
Suki, I've been coordinating on shift recently do less patient contact and more opportunity to sit. It's stressful but I've learnt to not let it get on top of me!! My night job the girls I work with will probably let me take longer breaks if I need it closer to ml.
Hoping do dorothy Perkins do good maternity clothes?
I've got 1 week left of my course then I'm going to relax!!!! (& I'll only have 2.5 weeks to wait for my scan).

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 8:42am

Hello newshy I am new here as have just past 13 weeks so am now officialy in my 2nd tri, OMG!

I have been popping in now and again but it all felt a bit unreal but since my scan, I am a lot more confident and embracing it all, bring it on!

I am feeling quite good now, the tirednes and sickness has gone so I just left with these huge boobs and a growing belly. I am quite surprised about my bump as I didn't start showing until about 16 weeks last time, luckily I recently lost weight so my pre-weight loss clothes are coming in very handy. Did anybosy else have a noticable bump at this stage?

I loved the bump bands, and I got mine from new look which I used throughout and beyond pg, they also come in very handy to cover up while bf afterwards.

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 12:05pm

Welcome Ali bird, lovely to see you have joined us at last. Glad the scan went well. I'm 16 weeks and haven't got much if a bump yet but they say on your second you show much more quickly.
I should be revising but thought I would sneak a peak and see if booboo had written about her 20 week scan. I can't believe they make you wait 8 weeks got the next scan and then nothing!!!
Think I just felt little bubbles in my tummy but not sure if that is wind or my mind playing games on me!!

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 12:13pm

feeling bit better today and have my midwife appointment later yehhhhh

welcome ali bird yes yes with your second you def show sooner! this is my 2nd and im huge already at 17weeks!! with my 1st i was this size at 6months!! lol sooo funny but im loving my bump xxx

adreamz how you finding the night shift! im absoulutely exhusted day and night shifts the same!! may get midwife to check my blood for iron levels today as ive never felt so exhusted! (i may just be working too much tho!!)

house goes on the market at the weekend! sadly looking to downsize so i can cut down on the hours i work!! fingers crossed we get a buyer and find somewhere not tooo small
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 12:34pm

Hello lovelies

just a quicky cos i've been for my scan and only just got to work so have a bit to catch up on but i wanted to update :D

Scan was amazing this morning and Buba measured perfect. they didnlt measure length though..... just head, waist and hip to knee. she was in the middle for all these ....so perfect!!

so nice to have that done and dusted and be given the ok. i'm going to try to relax, not worry as much and enjoy now :happy:

oh and Buba hadn't grown a willy :snigger:

so now we can start telling all our nearest and dearest our lovely news we are expecting a girl.

got a busy day ahead too cos we are off to pick up our new car tongiht (not brand new....but its new to us..lol). its a nice silver/grey/green Passat estate to fit in my Buba and doggie :thumbsup:

Ali bird - welcome hunni and heloo to all the other lovelies in here

mmmwwaahhhh xxxxx

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 4:07pm

Hi all,

BooBoo - congratulations on your scan. Yes you must try to relax about it all a bit more now (easier said than done!!). Great to know everything is OK though and that it is indeed a girl as you had been told.

Adreamz - isn't haring the heartbeat amazing?? Even though I'm still really ill I still don't believe I'm pregnant so hearing the little heart is lovely. I know what you mean about the next scan and then nothing. How will we cope without a scan to look forward to?

Mum - glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better. You need to try and take it easy so you don't get run down

Welcome AliBird - nice that you're finally in the 2nd trimester!

AFM - still feeling sicky and lightheaded. Have asked the Head at work today if I can be taken off some duties to lighten my workload (feel like a wimp but hey ho...if you don't ask you don't get). i've not had a reply yet but am not holding my breath for anything!! They are not supportive and only have their best interests at heart. Can't wear leggings for work so I desperately need a bump band for next week. Thanks for the replys - I'm gonna have a look on the net for then now. Hope evryone is doing OK xx

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 4:46pm

Hello can I join in? I was nervous about joining 1st trimester chat but second seems safer

Jules how are you doing? Good to see a fellow golden oldie here! ;)

Mum82 hope you're feeling better - and how was your midwife appointment?

Rocky - good luck with your work - I hope they take your request on board - I got a couple of bump bands from mothercare and I use them a lot but I also bit the bullet and bought some maternity trousers after a day out walking like a penguin trying to stop my trousers from falling down. Hope you feel better soon.

Booboo - congrats on your scan today so glad it went well!

Haven't been on the forum for a while as we've moved to Spain and have spent the last month travelling, sorting somewhere to live and then going from one office to another getting all the paperwork sorted. All sorted now so that's a relief.

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 8:42pm

shinealight wow spain! where did you move from?? we are seriously thinking of moving to italy but havent got the guts to do it :(

booboo congrats on the scan it so exciting isint it lol

i loved my midwife appointment got to hear buba's heartbeat which was very fast lol and my little boy loved hearing it too!!

im feeling lots better now! well still sick and exhusted but thats normal
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Friday, March 4th 2011, 7:46am

Mum the mw told me that there's on old wives tell that you can tell the sex from the hb. As I don't want to know she did listen but it came up on one of my apps yesterday that if it's greater than 140 beats per minute it's a girl if less a boy. I listened to my recording and it was 143!! Won't be telling people it's a girl from that but will be interesting!!!
Booboo congratulations on your scan. I think I will start to relax after 20 week scan and start planning, just need to get the all clear first!! Glad she hasn't grown a willy!!
Welcome Nat. How's the weather in Spain? It's cold here but lo keeps me warm!!
Rocky are you still taking folic acid? My sickness eased when I stopped and I checked with the mw she said unless you take pregnacare with it in, which you only need if your diet is lacking, then you dont need to take it as folic acid doesn't do anything now
Think I failed my exam yesterday so feeling pretty low. Didnt sleep well. I know it's nit good for the baby but it's so frustrating, nerves got the better of me!! Thought I felt a flutter on my hand last might when holding my tummy but still not convinced it's lo! I hope you all have a good day.

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Friday, March 4th 2011, 9:09am

Thanks for the lovely welcome ladies :hugs:

Booboo, congrats on your scan and glad all is well, it's so exciting to see them wriggling about isn't it. Are you having any more later (private or otherwise?)

Adreamz, love that you have felt the bubbles, I was always confused as to if it was baby or wind but it won't be long until you see hands, feet and all kinds of body parts reaching out through your tummy :snigger:

Nat, moving to spain and travelling for a month, you lucky lady. You must be shattered by now so good luck in finding a house

Rocky xfingers they consider your resquest at work, have you had your risk assessment yet and was anything mentioned then?

Mum, brilliant that you heard hb, it is such an amazing sound. I considered getting a dopler so that I could listen whenever I wanted but I thought that I might get a bit obsessed and panic if I couldn't find it. I am neurotic enough so don't need anything to make it worse :snigger:

We went for a nice meal last night as mum had Will for the night then met up with friends for a couple of drinks. I last until 10.30 happydance then collapsed into bed with a very large and full tummy, my eyes are definately bigger than my belly (not literally, of course)

Hope you all have a good weekend

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Friday, March 4th 2011, 2:20pm

Hello huns

Yippe its friday happydance

just thought i'd pop by and wish u all a good weekend

alibird - yeah hun i have another NHS scan booked for May when i'll be 29 weeks (they want to check the baby's size cos it is IVF pregnancy...apparently a new thing thats been introduced with IVF pregnancies). I hope to have a private 3D/4D one before then though....i'm abit addicted to my scans..lol. sounds like u had a good night wednesday... when we can't drink all we can do is eat so we may as well indulge hun :happy:

adreamz - i first thought i felt buba by having my hand on my tum.... if its not your pulse your feeling its quite probable its your LO. Hope u did well on your exam anyway hun - i'm sur eyou did better than you thought. i'd never be able to do an exam with my preg-head so your better than me.

mum - fab you got to hear the HB at your MW apt - lovely your DS got to hear it too :thumbsup:

AFM - i'm exhausted after a busy day yesterday. i had to work after my scan but also squeezed in phoning my nearest and dearest to tell them buba was pink flavoured. Then we picked up our new car in the evening and i didn;t get sat down and eat my tea until 9..... thanks god its friday today. i plan to do a bit of cleaning and do some relaxing.

have a good one girls xxxxx

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE