You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 17th 2009

Children: William - born 16.05.2010 :)

Sunday, July 14th 2013, 3:33pm

Hi ladies
Sunflowerliz- Oh thats not nice- the supposeries up till 30 weeks- not a great thing... I blessed the day I could stopped them.. but as you said- if that helps the baby then let it be...
Hope you having a great weekend on the trip.

very quiet here lately- hope that means you all ladies enjoying the sun (just as I do) :bbq: :cheeers:

xx
Klaudia
IVF 2009- :BFP: my DS born may 2010 lurve
IVF 2013- :BFP: DD born 29.12.2013
Good luck everyone :xxx3:

Reg: Feb 7th 2013

Monday, July 15th 2013, 4:17pm

Urgh those pessaries, I feel for you SunflowerLiz. Good news on your cervix scan though, it sounds like they're taking good care of you.

This weather is amazing. I have been out and about enjoying it Inik29, hence the silence, I hope you all have too and your weekend away went well SunflowerLiz.

I have a consultancy appointment this week so hopefully I'll get to hear the heartbeat again.

I hope everyone else is well too.

x

Helen155

Reg: Mar 30th 2013

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 6:33pm

Hi ladies..... :bye:

I'm 14weeks today :weehee: so just thought I'd tip a toe in 2nd tri ... Albeit nervously!

I think I recognise a few names ... Glad to see everyone is well, might take me a while to get up to speed with everyone and read back a little, but hoping you're all well and blossoming!

Still waiting for that energy you're supposed to get back in 2nd tri to kick in.... Please tell me it's not a myth!

Much love to all -hope you're all enjoying the sunshine! blowkiss
Me:31 Blocked Fallopian tubes
DH: 41 Azoospermia
TTC: 2 years

ICSI #1 Apr 2013
:BFP:
[zx076] @13 weeks

Friday, July 19th 2013, 8:20am

:weehee: welcome Helen!!
Good to see you here!! So glad everything is going well :) How did you scan went?
No its not a myth! I feel much better now - much more energy and Im slowely getting my appetite back- even took my sicknes wrist bands off yesterday for the first time in 3 months :)
It only started to get better in last couple of weeks so hopefully not long now and you will start to feel better.

Splodgeface- Hope your appt went well x

AFM- all good- I can feel baby kicking away most of the days and last night my hubby felt it to which was so nice!
Im soo looking forward to y scan on 5 Aug - we will find out what we having so very excited...
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 27th 2011

Friday, July 19th 2013, 10:34am

Welcome Helen!!! :hello: Great to have you join us here is 2nd tri. Definitely my energy levels improved around 13 weeks. Now my main symptom is just being hungry all the time!

Thanks for your sympathy everyone on the cyclogest. At least it's only one a day and directly before I go to sleep. Not like in the early days when it felt like I had a strict timetable of medications to do!

The youth weekend went really well. They're good kids and really helpful if we ask them to do stuff so it didn't feel too difficult. The worst bit was the fire alarm going off at 6.10am Saturday morning. Me and DH were in charge so had to get everyone up and out (through our bedroom which had the fire exit in!!!) then check the building and inform the owners. At least it was a lovely sunny morning but definitely not the lazy, slow start I'm used to when getting up. In the end it turned out to be one of the other leaders who'd got up early to get breakfast prepared and spraying her deodorant had triggered the sensor!!! I was just so relieved it wasn't one of the kids mucking about. Had vision of having to sit them all down and saying "no one is leaving until someone tells me who did this!!!"

This weekend is equally busy. We're going up to Newcastle this afternoon as my sister lives there and is having a garden party for her 30th birthday tomorrow. All my close family will be there which will be lovely as we are spread out all over the country. Just a horribly long drive to get there from Wiltshire!

Hope you are all keeping cool. Felt like I was melting yesterday!
Inik - lovely that you are feeling so much movement :weehee:

Have a great weekend ladies :xxx:
ICSI 2010 :BFN:
ICSI 2011 :BFP: twins. Pre-term labour 21 weeks. Precious boy and girl lost.Totally heartbroken.
FET 2013 :BFP: DD born Dec 2013

Helen155

Reg: Mar 30th 2013

Sunday, July 21st 2013, 12:14pm

:bye:

Scan went well thanks Inik, all looks good. Still got a couple of blood clots so still need to take it easy, but no one is worried. Thanks for the reassurance re feeling better, I'm still waiting! Couldn't come soon enough, although I suppose I was a lucky one not to get too bad morning sickness in the first place. Glad to see you are doing well and you've taken off your sickness bands... Yey! :weehee: And I can't believe you're feeling movement, I can't wait, they say you feel it earlier with your second don't they, I guess I'll just have to wait.....

Sunflowerliz, I am hungry all the time too! Hehe.... I had to read back a little to see what you're talking about with the cyclogest, and oh my god! Oh hun I'm sorry you have to take more, I hated them! You have my sympathies too, blowkiss but, if its for the best of your little one, then I guess at least you have a reason to put up with it.

Much love to all xxxxxxx [zx033]
Me:31 Blocked Fallopian tubes
DH: 41 Azoospermia
TTC: 2 years

ICSI #1 Apr 2013
:BFP:
[zx076] @13 weeks

Monday, July 22nd 2013, 8:07am

Good to hear that Helen :) The 12 weeks scan its a big step and its so nice to know all is going well :)
Yes they do say with second pregnancy you feel them quicker- with my DS i started to feel him at 16 weeks with this one around 13:) Now its proper little movements :) I still find it quite hard to believe that we are so lucky to have second baby growing inside me- and sometimes I wonder if its realy happening but now the Lo is properly letting me know he is there it feels much more real lurve

Sunflowerliz- wow sounds like you had fun with the kids :) I wouldnt think deodorant could trigger smoke alarm!
Im sure you had lovely time with your family. Im very family orientated and love nothing more than lovely afternoon with the nearest and dearest:)

AFM- loving the weather- and loving my new bump :laugh: wow and the instant boob job biggrin2 shame it only last for few months lol. Overall evertything seems to be going great, feeling good- still need to have a nap in the afternoon and going to bed early but def have more energy to do stuff with is great.

Big hugs
grouphug
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Jul 22nd 2013, 8:09am)

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Monday, July 22nd 2013, 4:21pm

Saying a quiet hi :)
14w5d today and plucked up the courage to move up finally
Thinking of you all and look forward to chatting with u
Hope you are not to hot in this weather, up here it's turned cooler thankfully!

Curly x

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 12:52pm

Hello to all the newbies, I recognise a few of you :) a huge welcome. This section is starting to fill up nicely, I hope you're all having an easy time of it.

I popped into my maternity unit today because I couldn't feel the baby moving as much. It's hard to know what's the right thing to do but thankfully we heard a heartbeat and since I got home I've felt the little one wiggling around again so fingers crossed everything is ok and it was just acting sleepy. The midwife did say that eating regularly (small meals obvs!) and lots of water, including ice, will help get the baby moving. So I'm necking ice water and snacking like mad which I think is helping.

Helen, I'm glad your scan went well, it's so reassuring and exciting to see the little one

I've definitely got back more energy and I'm much less fussy about food, although there are some things I'm not up to yet.

Here's to a nice and easy 2nd tri and onwards for us all.

x

xx

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 2:18pm

Welcome here curly! Good to hear everything is going well :)

Splodgeface- the baby probably just got lazy in that weather :cheeers: Its always better to have it checked if you feel there may be something not right. With my DS i remember going to hospital couple of times in 2nd and 3rd trimester as I didnt feel the baby for couple of days.
My DS (he's 3) had his hand on my belly today when LO was kicking around and he was so excited that he could feel baby kicking him :) It was so lovely.
The time is going ssoooooooooooooo slow for me now- Im counting days untill the 5 August when I have my 20 weeks scan and will find out the sex - what about you ladies did/will you find out?
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Jul 23rd 2013, 2:19pm)

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 28th 2013, 3:20pm

Hi ladies!!

A very quiet week here in the 2nd tri!! Hope that means everyone's just fine and no worries.

I've definitely started feeling movement the last few days which is great. Wasn't sure at first but there's a definite pattern to it now with most movement felt when I'm relaxing on the sofa in the evenings.

Got another cervix scan tomorrow and then the consultant on Tuesday. We've been holding off booking our holiday until we get the all clear from him so assuming everything will be alright we'll book a week in cornwall in late august :thumbup: Our 20 week scan would then be the day before we go away (it's actually closer to 21 weeks).

Hope you're all doing well and welcome to the newbies!
xx
ICSI 2011 :BFP: twins. Pre-term labour 21 weeks. Precious boy and girl lost.Totally heartbroken.

United Kingdom

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 8:20pm

A whole week and nobody's been on here!
Really hope everyone is ok.

Had another good consultant appointment this week so decided to go ahead and book a weeks holiday to Cornwall in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

United Kingdom

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 8:22pm

A whole week and nobody's been on here!
Really hope everyone is ok.

Had another good consultant appointment this week so decided to go ahead and book a weeks holiday to Cornwall in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

Monday, August 5th 2013, 3:35pm

Hi Ladies!
I know Sunflowerliz - I hope all the ladies are ok, its so quiet here!!
Glas your appt went well - enjoy your holiday :)

I had my 20 weeks scan today- all ok with baby and we could see HER so clearly! Amazing! yes we did ask what we having and its a girl! Im quite shocked as I was sure we will have another a boy- as in my hubbys familly there are just boys so after 6 little blue boys over 10 years we are having a girl- every one is soo looking forward to the pink shopping lol .

Im getting big now, and LO is so active I can feel the kicks most of the time :) Getting uncomfortable at night already and still such a long way to go..

Hope you are all well ladies

Big hugs xx
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Monday, August 5th 2013, 4:23pm

Ive been trying to avoid ranting about my poor ante natal appointments and care so not been in to talk much. Will try keep my rants to my diary!

Sunflowerliz whens your 20w scan? Hope you have a lovely holiday

Inik congrats :) a girl! I bet your families will be spoiling her :D

Im on another 2ww as the lab/hospital messed up my 2nd trimester screening bloods. No one contacted me about the failed test and im glad the midwife i saw looked into it for me or i would still be unaware and thinking i was low risk. Fingers crossed for next 2flipping weeks again!!

did everyone get their downs screening tests done at the 12w scan? Or did anyone need the 2nd trimester AFP bloods done?

My work is finally organising my risk assessment but its still not in place yet after 4weeks :-/

Hope to b back with more positive posts asap :)

United Kingdom

Monday, August 5th 2013, 8:59pm

Yey!! Lovely to hear from you ladies : D

So pleased to hear your 20 week scan went well Inik and so exciting for you to be having a girl! Like you say she'll probably be spoilt after all those boys in your family!!

My anomaly scan is on Aug 16th so I will actually be nearer 21 weeks. I don't think we are going to find out the gender. We are fortunate enough that we already know we will have scans at 28 and 32 weeks so we can always find out later if we change our minds.

Have got a definite little bump now and think I'm moving away from that inbetween stage where you just look a bit chubby :thumbsup:
Have been feeling loads of movement now but still nothing from the outside. Everytime I put my hand on my tummy to feel for movement it stops!!

Don't worry about having a rant Shirlz. That's what we're here for. Does sound like you've had a rough time of it. We decided not to have the downs test done so at least haven't had that to worry about. Hope the next 2 weeks go quickly for you.

Splodgeface and Helen - hope you are both ok.

xx

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 8:04am

Morning! yey 3 post in one day- we getting better :thumbsup2:

Curly- Thats what we here for so we can moan as much as we like and know we will get support :) I didnt had the screaning- even if they said there was a chance baby had a down synd I wouldnt do nothing about it- as I see it there would still be chance that the baby is fine and there is no way I would terminate the babay...
Hope they will get on top of it for you and the rest of your pregnancy will go smooth :)

Sunflowerliz- not long untill your scan- its so much clearer than 12 weeks one- absolutely lovely. With my DS we didnt found out what we having and it was amazing surprise but with this one i wanted to know just as I have so much clothes after my boy and I wanted to sort it all out and see what I can use for nxt one..
i pop out to shop yesterday and come back home with 2 bags full of pink clothes lol.. God help me - or more help my hubby and his walet lol

xxx
Klaudia

Wednesday, August 7th 2013, 2:57pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on here much, I'm happy to say it's because I've just been busy and happily getting on with things.

SunflowerLiz that's fab news, you totally deserve a lovely holiday :). Inik, a GIRL, hooray! And after so many boys, that's fantastic, she'll be spoilt rotten, quite rightly.

Curly, I'm sorry you've had such a naff time of it. We did have the tests etc at the 12 week scan, both bloods and the scan. To be frank we really weren't expecting to do anything about it had the baby been confirmed with DS. It's stressful though, I even vomited just before our scan which was partly down to feeling nervous about the whole process. Hopefully the NHS will catch up with themselves soon and your work will move along quickly too so you know where you stand.

As for me, all fine here, I'm not sleeping too badly just yet but I can see how uncomfortable it must get later on. I am trying my best to enjoy this pregnancy though, as who knows if I'll ever be preggers again. I can feel the baby kick regularly now and it's feeling less and less like wind and more like a baby messing about in my tummy. I keep thinking I'm not that big and then I catch a look at myself from the side or even worse, in pictures and realise I am definitely getting bigger now.

I thought I should start preparing so I've started reading baby books, I've got Gina Ford, Save our Sleep and the Baby Whisperer but I'm sure it'll ALL go out of the window when the baby comes though :winking:.
x

United Kingdom

Monday, August 12th 2013, 5:26pm

High risk for downs
1 in 55
gutted
Amnio planned for weds but dont want it, will prob end up having it
So angry and upset at care ive recieved:failed scan, blood tests not done or repeated
How the hell have they allowed this to carry on past 18w with no results!

Sorry for me post again, just wish one thing would go as it should :(

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 9:24am

hi ladies.
Oh sorry Curly that you having such a bad time :(.
1/55 that Baba will have DS that's still 54/55 that it want...hopefully it will all turn out ok.
Splodheface- you so right about all the books and plans ate out of the window when it actually happening- I had planned peaceful water birth with my DS and ended up with 24hrs in labour screaming for epidural lol

My hubby is of for 3days and yesterday we decided to go camping :) so here im in Hastings freezing my but of in tent lol. Its lovely really, but not a great idea to sleep in tent without blow up mattress while 21weeks pregnant...my bck is killing me...oh well the beautiful view is worth it :).

Big hugs
Klaudia

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 12:31pm

Oh heavens Curly I'm so sorry. You really are having a tough time of it. Please let us know how you get on tomorrow. I hope you get a lovely consultant or midwife who will really listen to your concerns and sort the results out for you nice and quick. I'll be thinking about you, your OH and your precious little bundle hoping for the best for you all. Big hugs xxxx

Inik - best of luck with the camping, crikey! x

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 10:27am

Best of luck today Curly. xxx

tj2013

Reg: Jan 8th 2013

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 10:32am

Wishing you all the best for today, Curly. Keeping everything crossed for it to go well and for the pregnancy to go smoothly from now on, with a proper health care. Big :hugs:

United Kingdom

Thursday, August 15th 2013, 10:23am

Thanks for all the good luck, more needed!
It was pretty painful and after a few tries each with 2 needles the consultant couldnt see well enough to complete and get fluids :(
Im to go back friday if they can get needles with echo tips so fingers crossed they can get some. Im so tired of all this stress, need to know so i can prepare for worst case scenario :(
so worried about m/c risk and now will be doubling that risk by doing it all again
Havnt told my parents yet, they are stressed out n worried about me anyway
DP is worried but being positive, i cant handle that tho and want to bury my head in the sand :'(
Its my birthday next week n everyone keeps asking what i want/want to do.... Right now its cancelled!

But on positive side- saw our little one again! Heart was still going good after procedure and im pretty sure some of the wind popping ive been feeling have been little kicks :)
AND the quick scan part (just checking position and age) went well, a hell of a lot clearer and less painful than 12w scan :D measured between 1d-7d older than dating scan

fingers crossed they can get those echo tips x

Thursday, August 15th 2013, 3:34pm

Oh God Curly you having a proper bad time with it all :headache, hopefully you will get some answers tomorrow...thinking of you grouphug
Klaudia

Friday, August 16th 2013, 11:40am

Good luck Curly, I hope today goes smoothly for you. xxxx

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 11:41am

How did it go Curly?
Klaudia

Wednesday, August 21st 2013, 9:36am

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd see how you were all getting on? We're starting to plan properly now and will hopefully be able to do a big baby shop soon. I think Mamas and Papas may have a sale of some sort on this weekend.

My ribcage is getting quite uncomfortable now and by early evening I'm struggling to find a good position to sit in. I tried sitting on an exercise ball but that didn't seem to help much, perhaps I need to keep an eye on my posture throughout the day, or maybe this is just one of the things about being pregnant?!

I hope you're all well and Curly, I'm thinking about you and your little family.

xx

Wednesday, August 21st 2013, 3:27pm

Splodgeface- do you know what you having or is it surprise? Since I found out its a girls I just cannot resist all those pink stuff!! Will have a look in M&P then :)

Did you tried putting pillow behind your back? Thats the only way I can sit now and Thanks God for the long pregnancy pillow- I wouldnt be able to sleep without it x
Klaudia

Wednesday, August 21st 2013, 5:40pm

We've opted for a surprise but since we're struggling with names I'm wishing we'd have found out. At least it would help narrow it down!

I tried with a small cushion but I may use a pillow instead, thanks for the tip. I never ended up buying one of the long pillows in the end, I just use loads of pillows all the way down the length of the bed! It does seem to be helping though, I may regret that decision in the 3rd trimester though.

I love looking at clothes for little girls, there's some really cute outfits out there :).

x

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 7:56am

With my DS we wanted a surprise to and it was brill. We kind of decided to name our babies after our parents- no problems with names there :)
Hope you back is bit better. Im getting really uncomfortable now too.. I do think im already big and then I see a woman that is much bigger and I think how on earth I will cope when I get to that size! But its all for the baby so cant really complain :)

Hope you other ladies doing well. grouphug
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 7:19am

Hi ladies!

Got back from our holiday in Cornwall yesterday. Had such a lovely week. We managed to do a lot but relax a lot and just trundle around at a speed slow enough that I wasn't getting too tired. The village we stayed in was gorgeous but on quite a steep hill which was probably the toughest part!

Was also quite a significant milestone for us this week as we passed 21w3d which is when we lost our twins last year. We did actually have a bit of a worry on Monday night and ended up going to Plymouth hospital at 11pm to get checked out. My whole tummy had been feeling quite tight all evening and wasn't easing with change in position. I started freaking out that it was pre-teen labour all over again so they agreed to see us. The midwife was lovely, very understanding and reassuring. Typically by the time we got there (a 30min drive and ferry ride!) it had passed off. Embarrassingly I think it might have been trapped wind!!!

We had our anatomy scan on 16th Aug. Everything is looking great. The baby was moving the entire time! We've opted for a suprise but my instinct says it's a boy. Have no idea what i'm basing that on!! This week I have another cervix scan and consultant appointment on Tues.

Just getting ready for the 1st of 2 sets of houseguests arriving this week. Both have LO's so will be a nice bit of "practice"!

Inik and Splodgeface- nice to see things are moving on nicely with you. Totally sympathise with the pillows business!

Curly- sorry to read what you've been going through. Where are you up to with things?

Sorry for such a long post. Hope you all enjoy the bank holiday
Xx

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 5:04pm

I know what you mean Inik - I wonder how I can get any bigger but I guess it's going to happen soon :), as long as the baby gets nice and fat then I'm happy. Although, now I'm starting to think about the birth, hmmm.

SunflowerLiz, gosh that is a really important milestone for you. I'm glad it's passed but I'm sorry you had a scare. Quite frankly, we'd have all been the same, I think you've done so well, no one would have judged you for going to the hospital weekly just for reassurance!

I keep changing my mind regarding the sex of our LO. For a while I thought it was a boy and now I'm starting to think it's a girl. I clearly have no idea.

xx

Wednesday, August 28th 2013, 3:28pm

Sunflowerliz- I would love to go to Cornwall one day! Its just such a long drive from us :(
Sorry to hear you had a scare but glad its all ok. Hope it will be straight road for you from now.

Splodgeface- al the time up to a scan I was sure im having another boy and was totally shocked when it turned out is a girl :) Did you choose any names yet?

AFM- I had my consultant appt today- as with my DS I had a massive tear they wanted to decide if c- section is needed this time. So decision is that I want have C-section but i will have to be closely monitor during labour and have to go in as soon as it starts (whitch im very happy about as last time when I went in laout and went to hospital they told me to go home and try to wait untill it progress more whitch absolutelly put me down and I did not want to go back..) I also decided that I will have the epidural asap as the consultant said she recomend it in my situation. So im quite happy that the decision was kind of made for me and Im much more calmer thinking about the labour now. With my DS i wanted the water birth and go all naturale and it lasted for first 12 hrs of labour and after I was beggin for epidural.. So this time I think- been there done that, now I want the easy way :)

Big hugs to all of you.

Ps hope you ok Curly. and Hellen are you ok ?
grouphug
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Thursday, August 29th 2013, 9:42am

Will b back later to catch up - finally managed to update my diary

Detailed 20w scan in 2hrs- know the sex already hehe
Amnio results went well and wee yin is still fighting and now back tapping me :)
Have had a scary few weeks but im a lot less stressed now

thanks so much for thinking of me, in those dark days it ment a lot
Xx

Friday, August 30th 2013, 3:09pm

Curlywurly, I'm so glad to hear that. How did your scan go? Is it a boy or a girl?

Inik that's good news, so perhaps you can relax a little more now? I'm starting to think about my birth plan too, I'm thinking I'll go for an epidural too but either way I'm trying to keep an open mind. I start hypnobirthing next week and that's really just so I have some kind of coping mechanism when I'm in pain and they won't give me something nice and strong to take the edge off it ;).

Sunflower, how are you feeling?

I should be in my 3rd tri soon, if not already (every website says a different week) so i'm feeling the pressure to start getting our kit together properly now. There seems to be so much to do and buy! We looked at prams the other day, they're absolutely massive, how something so small can need something so big I'll never know. I think we may go for one of the lighter ones, just because our hallway is tiny. It's lovely picking out items for the baby though, I never forget how lucky we are, fingers crossed it stays healthy. I'm thinking of booking a private scan around 32 weeks, just to check the placenta and everything else is ok. Has anyone done that before?

xx

Friday, August 30th 2013, 6:45pm

Curly good to hear everything is ok :party: what are you having ? :)

Splodgeface- is that mean you will be leaving us fpr 3rd tri chat soon ...
I think keeping open mind with the labour plan is important. I was so set on natural birth last time I got bit upset when it didnt went my way. But now knowing that I will have the epidural as soon as relaxed me bit more.
I know what you mean about the pram! we have one ( i will use same as my DS)that is in 3 parts and its so akward to storage it... I tend to keep it in conservatory or living room but I feel I should get another extension for it lol. and all the baby clothes and stuff! Now I will have two children Im only thanking Ikea for they storage solutions lol

I already booked another scan- on 10th Sept I dont think I would last all 20 weeks without seeing all is ok :) But after that I will probably want have more as baby after 30 weeks is so big you can feel it all the time and if there is any concern - like you cant feel the movement we can just go to hospital and had it checked straight away.

xx
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Friday, August 30th 2013, 8:01pm

Team blue for me :) told the scanner n he pointed out the willy on scan-but we couldnt see as t was just a blur :'(

Scan was pretty crap, another blurry one, no measurements written in my notes but the scanning guy did take some- hope they get written in my hospital notes (when they are transferred from amnio hospital!)and no scan pic either :( so a bit deflated afterward . Pissed off coz again the letter was for a consultant and i never saw one! So much for consultant led!!!
i take it u dont get to discuss the scan afterwards?

Next viewing is at 28w for a growth scan and then at 34w for placenta site- guy said it is anterior low which i googled n got scarey results!

sunflowerliz glad u had a good holiday apart from your scare- dont hesitate to get checked out. Hope the appointments went well and your houseguests keep u occupied :)

Splodgeface happy pram hunting! Im clueless about birthplan etc so hoping i get info and advice soon about those classes u can get soon!

Inik glad u have an agreed plan, and they r going to monitor u well, its such a scarey thought getting sent away to return later if you arent 'established' how the hell do u know when that is? Lol

Helen hope u r ok, have u had your 20w scan yet?

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 5:10pm

Yey a boy! We got one each in 2nd tri chat then at the moment :)
sorry to hear U didnt have the best scan experience...hopefully nxt time you will c it better.

Im having a bad time last couple of days- I got piles sorry tmi and they weren't to bad, I seen my consultant and she told me to use the anasol cream. I did and OMG they only went 100 worse. At the moment I can't walk or sit. Everytime I move it hurts and they are massive. Don't know what to so anymor- any home remedies you can think of ladies?
Big hugs
Klaudia

Wednesday, September 4th 2013, 10:05am

Hi guys!

Ive had my 12 week scan (dated me at 13 weeks...weird as know when i had ivf!) so im either 13.5 or 14.5 weeks preg now! Ns results came back as low so thought id pop in and say hi!

16 week check seems ages off and not able to bring myself to tell many people yet (anyone else still feel worried after this point?) i had a mmc at 12 weeks before so maybe im a bit mentally scarred!

Anyhows amazing weather and not working today so taking DS out fir a walk and a play... Hope allscwell!

Xxxx
Sparky.x.

Wednesday, September 4th 2013, 11:17am

Ah Sparky that's great news, congratulations :). The dating thing is quite funny really isn't it?

There seem to be lots of milestones in pregnancy, as soon as you get to a certain point we're all thinking about the next one. I've tried to take it one step at a time and it's helped me so far. Perhaps this worrying is just getting us used to being mums!

Are you getting many symptoms? Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones and you'll breeze through it :).

Inik, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, that can't be much fun at all! I'm afraid I don't have any recommendations as I've never suffered from them (famous last words!) have you thought about going to see your GP or a nurse to see if they can offer any better advice?
x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 4th 2013, 4:56pm

Welcome to the 2nd tri Sparky! Great news about your scan. I remember keep getting asked when my last period was. I get trying to explain that I knew exactly what day fertilisation took place but my GP just didn't get it!

I don't think the worrying ever really stops. I think i'm just getting used to different symptoms along the way.

Inik - ouch that sounds really painful. You poor thing! Hope things get sorted out soon. Definately don't want to gave that to the end of pregnancy do you!

I'm doing well. Saw consultant last week who then didn't want to see me for 6 weeks. That's the longest gap so far. Been every 2-3 weeks up until now. My current biggest problem is trapped wind! (sorry tmi). The last few evenings I've just been so uncomfortable. Midwife not concerned and just suggested eating smaller meals!

Hope everyone else is well xx

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 1:51pm

Sparky welcome to 2nd trimester!! Glad to hear the scan went well. When did you had your DS? I have a feeling we cycled together in 2009?

Splodgeface- thanks- Im doing ok now- i read on net what to do and it was big help :) Did you choose the pram yet?

Sunflowerliz- its quite annoying when you know you wan't b seen by anyone for a while.. but Im sure you r in good hands and they looking after you well. Did you tried the prune juice for wind and constipation- it works the magic but your DH will probably move out of your bed :yuk: rotf

Im visiting my family now and getting totally spoiled by my mum so relaxing time for me. Going to have another scan on tuesday - I want to confirm the sex and just want to have another look at the LO :)

big hugs
Klaudia

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 1:59pm

Hi Inik...

I only discovered this site quite late on in my cycle with DS in 2010, he was born dec 2010. But i have chatted to you in this 1st tri and also on a thread i posted about brown spotting this first tri.... Thanks for your advice/help!
Glad youre being spoilt by your mum! Have a good time x
Sparky.x.

Friday, September 6th 2013, 11:54am

yes I do know we spk few months back :) did the spotting settled ok? x
Klaudia

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 10:35am

Hello
All quiet again.. hope you all ok
Had my scan yesterday- all ok and its def a girls so shopping time :)

Big hugs for everyone xx
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 8:27pm

Hi all

Glad your scan went well Inik. Now you can go mad buying pink stuff!! There's so much cute stuff out there, could spend a fortune!!

I'm doing well. Now 24w2d. For me getting to 24 weeks felt like a bigger milestone than 12 weeks. Really starting to let ourselves think about actually bringing this baby home now. Had our first tentative conversation last night about what we want to do with the room that will be the nursery. Needs some structural things doing like removing polystyrene tiles from ceiling and replastering before we even think about decorating it so that seems like an acceptable 1st step to us. Was chatting to my mum on the phone last night and they would like to buy the cot for us so that's also the first time we've mentioned any equipment. Little by little we'll get there!

Hope everyone else is well. Any more scans coming up for anyone?

xx

Reg: Feb 13th 2013

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 9:44pm

Hi all

How is every one?

I had my 12 wk scan today and all was great. I am having twins and couldnt believe how much they have grown since 8 weeks and how much they were moving around. I will be having gender scan at 16 wks and csn not wait to find out the sexes.

I am new to this thread and seemed very surreal being in my 2nd trimester.

I hops everyone is well and your pregnancies are going well.

Xxxx
Me:26 DF: 26 - 1st ICSI Jan 13 - BFN - 2nd ICSI June/July 13

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 10:39am

Welcome thinkingpositive and congratulations too, how exciting that you're having twins :).

I'm good, the midwife apps seem to be going well, I've asked them if they'll test me for Strep B which was recommended by a friend. They don't automatically do it as I gather it's quite rare but just putting it out there in case any of you haven't heard of it and feel you'd like to know more. I'm also considering booking another scan for around 32-35 weeks, just for reassurance. I've started with indigestion now but it's not all that bad really, so far so lucky.

I/we also had my first hypnobirthing lesson last week and our second one tomorrow. It's been really helpful and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone feeling unprepared or nervous about birthing.

Hi Sunflowerliz, I'm glad you feel you're moving forward, it can't be easy for you but it sounds like you're taking it all one step at a time.
Inik - have fun shopping :). I've bought a few bits and pieces for the baby but I had to stick to all white as the colours out there are really either very masculine or feminine. It's lovely to be buying clothes though and imagining a LO in them, I can't wait to see what he/she looks like.

I hope everyone is well.

xx

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:04am

Welcome thinkingpositive- wow twins :) Glad to hear they doing well.

Sunflowerlitz- Glad to hear you getting bit more relaxed. I cannot imagine how hard it must be for you. You got lots of work to be done at home by the sound of it so hopefully the last few months will fly by.

Splogefce- Hybnobirth sounds great- I assume you want to have a baby in birthing centre- I really wanted the water birth with my DS but it just wasnt to be. Its nice to have it all planned thought even if the baby have another ideas lol
Do you watch the new program midwifes- im addicted to it lol. When I was pregnant with my son the OBEM was on and I loved it... Its such an amazing experiance - If i wasnt so scared of blood I would love to be a midwife :labour:

All good here- still at my mums being spoiled, going back next week and already looking forward to start getting the house ready for the new arrival [zx009] [zx144]

I just seen the bump pics on here- they so cool, my stick my bump on it biggrin2
Klaudia

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "inik29" (Sep 12th 2013, 8:07am)

10 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

10 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE