You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Monday, February 21st 2011, 1:11pm

Lozza - glad i'm not he only one thinking about accomadating my dog! people have been laughing and saying well u'll just not be able to take the dog out as much..... but there's absoloutely no way i'm leaving my dog behind when we go walking, that'd be cruel, she's part of our family too. infact, dh mentioned we were looking at estates to his friend who's wife is also expecting and they have 2 dogs and they never thought about it before....but now they are on the look out for a new car too.. :snigger: .

we've actually thought about a sling/ baby carrier too for walking. maybe not something we'd want to do all the time so we still need a sturdy buggy but it might be ok to use for some occasions.

seems like the Sola is quite popular in here then......

xxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Monday, February 21st 2011, 1:19pm

Hi All

Walkers - a baby bjorn carrier (or similar) is a godsend. DS1 barely went in his buggy for the first few months (once he'd hit the size you can use carrier from). A friend of mine with 2 big dogs to walk was the same. She went for the bugaboo as it claims off road is good and then ended up with a mountain buggy for full on muddy walks but mostly we used the carrier until they were too big and then got backpacks which we still use now he's a hefty toddler. She also ended up with an estate car, I managed to stick with my CMax but only just!

Have just bought myself a lovely black and red P&T explorer and it is fab, didn't even really consider them first time round but would have been much better value if I had.

Caz
xx
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Children: a bun in the oven!

Monday, February 21st 2011, 1:28pm

im thinking of a bigger car too for the buggy and the dog etc. we have a husky who molts terrible though so im trying to come up with a solution that wont have the buggy covered in dog hairs! the plus side is though we are moving across the water and literally round the corner is the derwentside country park where you can doo beautifu; walks along teh river. im so looking forward to the summer so we can walk as a family with the dog. we go camping alot too so it would make more sense if we had a bigger car, especially when you have the dog, a baby and all your camping gear! lol xx

bab23

IVF Nov 2010, 30 eggs, 20 embryos, 6 snow babies and a BFP!!!

MY DIARY - Mindy and Daddy Cool's pregnancy diary!

Help for Heroes Parachute Jump www.bmycharity.com/v2/stevencurry

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Monday, February 21st 2011, 2:11pm

Booboo, we bought ourselves a estate before we got pregnant in preparation, I don't have any dogs at the moment but there would be plenty of room for buggy and dog!! As for hairs mindy, i think you can by separators for the car boot so the dog can't climb all over the rest of the back seat, not sure how good they are though.
Caz I hope to go out with a baby bjorn, but they do get heavy quite quickly. I was actually obsessed when my sister had her twins but half way round our walk I had to pass the baby over to my dad as it really pulled on my back. Do you think a mountain buddy would be good for running? Are they quite light?
Mindy, just wanted your opinion on camping whilst pregnant. :tent: we aways go away with friend in June and I promised that I would go even though I would be 7 months pregnant. My argument was I'll be warmer than normal and I probably wont be sleeping great in a bed so what would it matter to be on an air bed for a few nights. All my family are telling that I'm realyy stupid for going and we haven't paid anything yet, but they dont go camping (we only bought our tent last year so want to get our monies worth). We are also going to cyprus in May for a wedding, which I think im more worried about than going camping!!
Booboo I weighed myself today (i usually do sundays and I had eaten breakfast) but I was up by 3 pounds. And yet looking at me my tummy hasn't got any bigger ;( In fact I was getting a little worried that I really don't look pregnant at all! My midwife appointment is next monday and I really can't wait to hear the HB, I hope they don't have problems locating it as it will worry me so much. Its my mums birthday that day so I have asked her to come along and listen too, which she is so excited about. DH was upset that he was going to get to come, but its in the middle of the day and I can't imagine his work being too impressed.
ive also got quite a personal question to ask, please don't be offended, but how often do people [zx084] ? I was advised not to during the first trimester (which was very difficult) and since hitting 13 weeks we have only done it once. My drive is pretty high but I don't want to cause any damage and would live without if that was what is best. Also does the [zx151] soften the cervic and cause any problems?
Adreamz :xxx3:

Monday, February 21st 2011, 2:37pm

oooh i love this place :thumbsup:
always lots of advice when you need it.

looks like an estate car it is then. can anyone recomend a make/model? my hub keeps looking at the audi estates but they are bloody expensive!! i'd rather get a newer car that your not paying for the name badge for.

caz- -did your friend not reckon much to the bugaboo then for muddy pot-hole paths and walking dogs? i don;t want to pay all that money if they arn't good for that sort of thing. i might stick to the Sola and then get a buggy especially for walking too.

mindy - i was thinking same as you about separating the dog and buggy. only cos my labrador is a big softy and she'd be scared sat next to a buggy cos she likes her own space... :snigger: plus if your travelling we wouldn't want the buggy to slide on the dog and hurt them i suppose. sounds lovely where your going to move to, very nice for a little family walk.

adreamz- -i'd say the only worry about camping would be what you eat not where you sleep.if your using a BBQ as long as you cook your food thoroughly so you don;t get food poisoning then i don't see a problem with it. we like camping too, we're not going this year but only because we're having a little cottage holiday instead. i think you'll be fine hun. just take plenty of pillows to get all comfy on a night.

oh and as for BD'ing..... you must have missed that conversation some weeks back...lol. I was worried cos i just wasn't feeling up to it and thought i wasn't normal after heraing about been supposodly randy in the 2nd tri. but if i'm not sleeping then i'm worrying so i've only done it the once sinse we've been preg. my hubby understands and doesn't mind, i help him out every now and again and that keeps him sweet :snigger:

i wondered where the [zx151] went too though.... it freaked me out thinking about it. lol.

i really doubt you'd do any damage though if your up for it hun. if anything it'd be good for you release some feel good hormones

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Feb 21st 2011, 2:44pm)

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Monday, February 21st 2011, 3:29pm

Wow, seems like I have a lot to catch up on after being away for a while!! Still feeling rough, rough, rough.
Mindy - you made me laugh about your LO being allergic to work - I swear I've been saying the same. I think I could cope with feeling so ill if I didn't have to go out. I'm on half term this week though so am relaxing.
Lots of talk of prams - I haven't got the slightest clue what to look at yet - suppose I should start to look now.
Re weight, I've put on about 3 pounds now after loosing 4 so weight is starting to go back on. Still not eating huge amounts though but I can see a difference with my stomach and it feels really tight now.

I've booked my 16 week appointment with the midwife for Friday but I'll only be 15 +3. Do you yhink this will be OK?? I booked it this week because I'm off work and I asked the receptionist and she said she thought it was close enough. Will we be able to hear the heartbeat though?

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, February 21st 2011, 3:35pm

Adreamz - I can't really see why camping would be a problem when you're 7 months pregnant, especially if you're a regular camper, then you'll have a far better idea than non-campers. Some airbeds are low, which in theory might make it a bit difficult to get up from, but only if you're a bit less mobile? You might want to camp close to the loo though, in case you have several visits to make :)

I know that the NICE guidelines for antenatal care state that "sex in pregnancy is not associated with adverse outcomes" (guess what I've been reading this weekend...you guys are out buggy shopping, and I'm reading NICE guidelines!). I get the impression that all the stuff about sex and labour and prostaglandins is anecdotal, and isn't backed up by any research. OK, nerd hat off now.

LOL at Booboo's lab being scared of the buggy...my dog prefers plenty of room to move too and creates chaos to make sure she gets it. But she just might have to get used to less space as we won't be changing the car. And DH really wants a sling too. I think we might have to get one each - he'd like one to take the baby out in, and I'd like one that you can BF in. I can't really see how I would be able to test drive a sling properly until I know how baba and boobs are going to work together!

Rocky - it may be possible to hear the heartbeat at your appointment, some ladies with their own dopplers have listened in from about 13 or so weeks.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chillimint" (Feb 21st 2011, 3:38pm)

United Kingdom

Monday, February 21st 2011, 3:38pm

Adreamz- as for the BDing, ive been doing it from when i first found out i was pregnant. we asked our ivf doctor about it and she said it was absolutely fine, hey encourage it as its excercise etc. but you have your mucus plug that wards off any infection etc and as i understand it, it stops the sperm getting into your uterus. plus your DH will go absolutely nowhere near your baby when you are having sex. so dont worry about it. i have days where its the last thing on my mind and i really cant be bothered but then other days i feel up for it. just go with the flow, dont pressurize yourself about it and you will probably find you will enjoy it!

as for the camping, i wouldnt be worried at all, like BooBoo said, just make sure your food is cooked properly, we sleep on an airbed too and all of our family come camping with us and lots of my sisters in law all went when they were pregnant, in the summer they even brought the babys with them, but obviously they were well wrapped up etc. i love camping, its a break from the norm and its a great laugh! usually we just camp anywhere, but this year im insisting on a campsite so i can use he facilities, aint no way im squatting for a wee when im heavily pregnant lol!

is anyone elses dogs acting strange? not strange bad but my husky gets himself all worked up when im ill. for instance if im vomiting and my DH isnt there, Kai starts crying and nudging me as if hes trying to console me, and he runs to the door as if hes looking for DH to come and help me! lol and a while back, i got out of bed and my legs totally gave way and i ended up on my bum and he jumped right over the whole bed to get to me to make sure i was alright. i was laughing about it but bless him his little furry face looked so worried! he keeps sniffing my belly too and my lady bits, my scent must be changing and he cant work out why! but now he sits right in front of my side of the settee when we are watching tv which is supposed to be a sign of protection. we read up about huskys and with them being pack animals, they seem to have this thing where they see a baby or a child as there own child too so ill be interested to see how he bonds with lil currybum lol!

also one more thing! shooting pains! anybody getting shooting pains up the fron and back of your lady bits? sorry tmi lol. i keep getting them all the time. lol xxx

bab23

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Monday, February 21st 2011, 4:24pm

Hi All,

Loving the chat in here! Tons to catch up on :)

I went to the baby show the weekend and got quite a few bargins, very happy! I had a test drive of the Oyster and have ordered it today!!! I hope I havent jumped the gun :( We've got the stroller, carry cot, easy fix frame for the car and a maxi cosi seat with adaptors :)

I've been finding getting comfy at work an issue recently and today i've felt like i've got an upset stomach but nothing happens when I go to the loo (Sorry TMI). I hope it passes soon.

My mum called last night and said that she had bought me a Tomy carrier off of ebay (used once, machine washable) for the bargin price of £8!! Inc. postage!! I'll just give it a wash before using it :D Very happy!!

I have about 9 1/2 wks left at work and am counting down the days!!!

I could really do with a nice sleep....... think thats wishful thinking for the next few years!!! xx

Take care all xxxxx

Caz

Ace

Monday, February 21st 2011, 4:52pm

Booboo - I think buggy's are quite a personal thing so could be different for you but no, my friend definitely didn't think the bugaboo was up to much off road. She had a sling type carrier (close to me I think) rather than baby bjorn and did most of her shorter walking in that but the mountain buggy was good for across fields etc where the bugaboo wasn't.

Adreamz - the mountain buggy was also bought with running in mind and I think it was pretty good but definitely not small or light in any way. I took it in my car once and it just about filled the boot on it's own. She is getting the double of it now though so must have passed muster.

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Monday, February 21st 2011, 6:41pm

I'm such a numpty LOL! Been logging on and off all day to check for posts but thought it was very quiet. I failed to see we'd jumped to page 7 LOL! Loads of chatter - love it!!!

Well we don't have a dog so don't have the dilemma of getting a bigger car. Fortunately, my DH gets a new company car this year, which we've been told won't be here until June because of the waiting list (an Audi A3), but I'm glad it's not coming till June as means it'll be nice and clean for baby. I have a Ford Ka (the new model) and it's tiny but I'll only be using my car for me and the baby. As a family we'll go out in DH's car. Hopefully the Sola will fit in my boot though. I've read you can take the wheels off.

Re BD'ing, me and DH haven't done it since before ET!! That was back in November LOL! We're too scared to. I know it's safe but if it makes me spot it will just put me in a frenzy. I've been assisting him in other ways anyway LOL! Bless him he can't even have the pleasure of fondling my new big boobs cos it just hurts LOL! He is a boob man too and he joked the other day that it was typical his wife gets 38DD boobs and he can't enjoy them :laugh:

I bought another book today - Your Baby week by week and it gives a weekly guide of how to care for your baby from birth to about 6 months. I just want to mentally prepare myself as much as possible and make sure I learn all the do's and don'ts before little Nathan arrives. As a first time mum this is all new to me. I also have friends and family who can give me advice. One of my close friends is a school teacher and will be on her school hols when I have just given birth so she said she will pop round and help me sometimes, which is comforting.

Rocky - when I had a private scan at 12+5 they listened to the heartbeart xx

Booboo - you make me laugh LOL! I too have wondered where the swimmers go when you BD. Funny the things we think of xx

Oh I am sooooo tired. Had a rubbish nights sleep so can see me going to bed within the next half hour. :tired:

Look forward to more chat tomorrow.

grouphug

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Monday, February 21st 2011, 7:41pm

Always so much chat in here, I love it! During the week I don’t get on as much though as I’m working full-time and pretty shattered in the evenings. Almost 14 weeks now, don’t know where the time has gone! I’ve got a scan booked when we are back in Aberdeen (i'll be almost 15 weeks) and then I see the midwife when we get back around the 6th. Time really is flying in. I hope all is ok with my scan.

I'm feeling much more energetic on the whole, which is wonderful, but I spoke too soon with the vomiting! I had a sick free day on Saturday until after dinner, but yesterday and today i'm back to the throwing up in the morning, but feeling better as the day goes in. It's all reassurance and I think will be up and down throughout I imagine.

Peony – I have been really considering the real nappies – you can get some really lovely ones! What does she do when she is out and about though? I was wondering about using them, but then switching to disposable for days out, but not sure. Would be interested to hear what your friend does? I love the idea of them and will need to look around for some. Have you bought any yet?

On the pram front – I’ve just started looking (online – will need to see what they actually look like in the shop and how they feel etc) and my favourites at the moment are the mountain buggy and a quinny one, can’t remember which it was though. The only thing that puts me off the mountain buggy is that I’ve heard they are quite heavy and that there isn’t an option for the baby to face you. If I’m paying a lot of money I want one that gives me all the options. I think the whole pram thing is a very personal thing. I have a friend with a bugaboo and she doesn't think her one is up for off road much and they got extra snow tyres with their one too. Personally, i'm just not that keen on the look of them - not even really sure why. I'm hoping I find the right pram that does all the right stuff and looks good. My friend has a great pram, its a dutch make - I must ask her what it is.

Adreamz – DH and I are going on a big road trip in the summer here in Norway and Sweden because I won’t be able to fly and we are planning on camping and staying in cabins, depending how I feel and we'll treat ourselves to a few nights in a nice hotel along the way if we need it! On the bedding front – I’ve been gagging for it! We actually haven’t had sex in ages, but have been a little naughty lots! I too wonder about the sperm, but I’ve heard of lots of women who have loads of sex in their pregnancy and its fine.

Anyway, bed is calling. Hope you are all well xxx

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Monday, February 21st 2011, 7:50pm

This really is a busy thread!!

AmazingGrace - I think that she just takes some all in ones with her and a dirty bag. You can get zippable dirty bags and use essential oils so the smell shouldnt be a problem. I'll ask her next time I see her. I havent bought any yet, will wait until I know what we are having and then I can either get some girly ones or more boysey ones. Weird as I didnt think Id go down the girls and boys clothes route...maybe I'll try and be less gender specific! Doubt that will work...
:jilly:
babydust
1st IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - bfn
Adenomyosis diagnosed May 2010
Zoladex Treatment Jul-Sep 2010
2nd IVF November 2010 - BFP!!!
6w One [zx076] seen 23 Dec 2011
10w One Jumping Baby [zx075] seen 22 January 2011
12w6d Laid back Baby [zx075] seen 10 Feb 2011

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Monday, February 21st 2011, 10:54pm

Hi everyone,

A busy time on here - takes me so long to catch up on all the posts I run out of time to write! Probably a good thing as a week of DIY at home is not going to provide many exciting updates...

Shelley - I went to the Baby Show as well but just didn't feel ready to start buying things. And the crowds around the buggies were mental! Came away with some soft shoes for my friend's baby but that's it!

Peony - think I'm sold on cloth nappies too. Did some research today on goreal.org.uk - a sort of information website for using non-disposable nappies. Like the look of the baba+boo pocket ones and they seem to be well recommended. Guess they're something you can't really try out though until the little one comes along (as they do, it's just going to pop out when it's ready, no pain...hmm...)

20 week anomaly scan tomorrow. Very nervous. Always get nervous before the scans but would have also liked to have felt baby moving more than I have. Well, 12 hours from now we should know how it's doing and hopefully be able to refer to 'it' as he or she. Big day.

xx
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 9:52am

Harry - good luck for your scan tomorrow. I'm sure all will be OK. Can't wait to hear if you're in the blue or pink club!! xx

AG - I was in bed before 8pm too last night. My symptoms now are tired and hungry. xx

Peony - re nappies, I think I'll be sticking to disposable ones like pampers. I don't really like the idea of washing and reusing them, even on the hottest wash. Though I do know it's probably more environmentally friendly xx

I have another topic for discussion ladies - car seats! Now I have decided on the M&P Sola I can't decide what base to get for it's car seat. There is the belted base, where you use the seat belt to secure it, or the Isofix base which comes with what looks like a clamp that secures against something in the car, which saves you the hassle of threading the seat belt through. Which do you think would be better? The seat belt one is slightly cheaper.

I've decided that the car seat we get that matches the Sola will go in my car, but we will get another car seat for DH's car. I want one that is suitable from 0 to 4 years so we get our monies worth so any recommendations welcome.

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 10:35am

Morning ladies

harry - good luck with your scan tomorrow hun. i'm sure everything will be just fine and it will be amazing seeing your LO again. i always feel nervous before scans too, think its just mama's instinct and i've not felt my Buba yet at all so it seems its just different ladies feel there LO's at different stages. can't wait to find out what flavour baby your having.... :girl: OR :boy: ??

Hoping - i think for the extra £35 or so for the isofix is worth it. i know a couple of people who've had them and said they are worth every penny. imagine the juggling we'll have to do when we have our LO's in our arms and trying to fold buggy's etc.... especially if its raining. so much easier to just fix the car seat to a base then mess about with seat belts all the time. its personal preference though and make sure the isofix is compatable with your car (ours isn't at the moment but we're getting a newer car anyway so xfingers we can get one). good idea getting the 0-4 car seat for dh's car.... something i never thought of as my dh will need one too.

hi to all your other lovelies

AFM - still no feel of Buba. just can't wait for my scan next thurs!! 9 more sleeps! had a word with my MIL last night about BF'ing cos my SIL BF'd and she made me feel more positive about it. i'm going to have a word with SIL anyway when i can, but she never complained and seemed to really enjoy BF'ing so hopefully she can give me lots of advice when i'm doing it. MIL also predicted i'd be having a girl...... hee hee.... if only she knew she was right!! can't wait for next week so i can tell the world after our next scan.

anyway must get on with some work..... :happy:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 10:39am

oh btw..

Shelly - i really like the oyster too. what colour did you get? i like the grape one as we're having a girl. i think it was a nice light weight one and i liked how it looked. xxx

now i've gone off the bugaboo!!! :snigger: thinking of either Oyster, Sola or Silver cross surf and buying a off road buggy when buba is too heavy for a sling for me. i'm so indecesive ?( ?(

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 11:52am

Thank you for all the well wishes! So...as my signature now shows, looks like it's a boy! Yay! Was secretly hoping it would be but was surprised when we found out that we both felt 'oh, ok, great' i.e. either way, it would have been great. Boys names much harder than girls ones we're finding so we'll start on a mission now to do some research!

All looked healthy as far as she could see. Had to wait and go back in again as baby didn't want to close its mouth! Must be my husband's....;)

Oh and Boo Boo, they said I have an anterior placenta hence the lack of kicking. If he's kicking and punching, he's doing it into the placenta so I barely feel anything. I've read up a bit - it's not a huge problem. Bit more hassle if you end up needing a C-section as they don't want to cut into it but a) it can move and b) lots of people have them. Hope that's reassuring!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 11:59am

Hello Ladies,

Just wanted to add something on the buggy front, have a look at the Jane Slalom Reverse, it seams to be a good off road pram, you can use it from birth as it lies flat and the baby can face you. I did some shoping around last week and quite like this one now and the Jane strata car seat fit so easily to it with a single hand release, anyone else looked at this?

Take care xx
4 MC - High NKC, DQ A Match
3rd IVF - Immune protocol - baby born April 2011
Jan 2012- Shock natural BFP - due 4th Oct

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 12:30pm

Harry congrats on your little boy! Now you can get organised. I had an anterior placenta with DD2 and had no probs being pg. This time it's low lying which can be more of a stress unless it moves later on.

Buggies and car seats, Lottie, I have a friend with the Jane slalom pro Twin something and it is a really good pram. The car seats are very easy to use and really light. I love the mountain buggy too but no way I'm getting a double as weighs in at 16kg!!!! You can get a carry cot to go with them though so could be an option as they don't face you. You can also attach a car seat so now sure which way round they go. A good off roader thats not horrifically expensive is the nipper 360 single, just under £200. I had a M&P car seat and the isofix and that was easy (but car seat heavy, think they have a new one since though that is lighter) I would def recommend an isofix if you can afford it and definitely for the 2nd stage car seat as they are so much safer and in your car for 3+ years at least. I believe you can have isofix fitted in your car if you haven't got them (2 little bars in back of seat)

Hoping, my sis has a car and she can get my pram in the boot and my car seat in the back so bigger than you think!!

AFM, still undecided on buggies lol, feeling plenty of movement and feeling huge already...17 weeks to go :thumbsup:
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 12:30pm

Harry congrats on your little boy! Now you can get organised. I had an anterior placenta with DD2 and had no probs being pg. This time it's low lying which can be more of a stress unless it moves later on.

Buggies and car seats, Lottie, I have a friend with the Jane slalom pro Twin something and it is a really good pram. The car seats are very easy to use and really light. I love the mountain buggy too but no way I'm getting a double as weighs in at 16kg!!!! You can get a carry cot to go with them though so could be an option as they don't face you. You can also attach a car seat so now sure which way round they go. A good off roader thats not horrifically expensive is the nipper 360 single, just under £200. I had a M&P car seat and the isofix and that was easy (but car seat heavy, think they have a new one since though that is lighter) I would def recommend an isofix if you can afford it and definitely for the 2nd stage car seat as they are so much safer and in your car for 3+ years at least. I believe you can have isofix fitted in your car if you haven't got them (2 little bars in back of seat)

Hoping, my sis has a car and she can get my pram in the boot and my car seat in the back so bigger than you think!!

AFM, still undecided on buggies lol, feeling plenty of movement and feeling huge already...17 weeks to go :thumbsup:
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 12:46pm

Hey Harry - welcome to the blue club high5 Glad to hear all is OK. I was lucky as I have wanted my boys name since I was a teenager and it's never changed and fortunately DH loves it - Nathan. It was girls names I struggled with.

I have a posterior placenta (at the back) and was told I may feel movement sooner but nothing as of yet, at least I don't think it is. Just twinges and stretching.

Cheers for the advice re car seats. Think I will get the isofix base then.

xxx

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 1:52pm

Hi all,

Peony - I've had it in my head that cloth nappies would have been the terry towelling ones that my mum used to put me in, the ones that need scraping and soaking, and holding together with big sharp pins.

Well, how stuck in the past am I!? I hadn't a clue that they were used with liners and had really cute covers to go with them. DH really wants to use them, and I'm far more sold on the idea now. I've also had a good coo over babies with their bums wrapped in rainbows!

Our local council advertised a free trial of a reusable nappy laundry service sometime ago, in partnership with a company called Cottontails (they have got a website). I don't know anything else about it other than reading a sentence in the local newspaper but maybe other local authorities are offering similar initiatives? Might be worth checking out?

Harry - ahhh...you're having a lovely son :) baby7

Sorry for the lack of personals gals, gotta get back to work.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "chillimint" (Feb 22nd 2011, 1:58pm)

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 1:58pm

harry - Huge congrats on your scan hun baby7 so happy for you everything went so well. Is that is now for scans then or are u having any more later on? thanks for the advice about not been able to feel my Buba. xfingers its cos i'm the same as you then (wonder if i'll get any clues looking at my notes from previous scans as to where my placenta is ?( )

hoping - i'm getting loads of twinges and stretching too today. in my belly button and i HATE feelings in my belly button :wacko: i'm really squeemish!!

philppa - so nice you are getting lots of movement lurve Is LO keeping you up at night yet with the little kicks?

Lottie - thanks for the off road buggy advice. i'll have a look at that :thumbsup:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 3:02pm

hey

loads going on here! i though about cloth nappies but ive bought disposable ones to start off with.

is anyone else getting sharp shooting pains up the front and back of their ladybits? sorry tmi. i asked yesterday but no one responded. ive been getting them for a while and im not worried about them i just wondered if i was the only one lol. they are very uncomfortable lol! ive read its because the baby is sitting on certain nerves?

also anyone elses dog acting strange like mine? lol.

hope everyones ok x

bab23

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 3:44pm

Sorry mindy, I read your question and then forgot to answer you.

Yes, I'm getting odd shooting pains down there too, and sometimes it feels like I've pulled a lady muscle...but strangely only on one side. Ah, so if its nerves causing the problem, then that might explain my one-sidedness?

My dog is still the same as she's always been...old, hungry and sleepy. Your husky sounds lovely, showing lots of concern. My dog's only concern (that she makes obvious) is who is going to feed her.

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 3:48pm

mindy - i've been getting shooting pains all day today. they are in my tummy button but then they shoot right down in my lady bits too!! i'm assuming its just more ligament pain and i'll be growing more bump as we speak :thumbsup: when i went to hosp last week they said it was very common to get the shooting pains up your lady bits as well as lower abdomen.

my dogs not acting too strange. she's a lot quieter these past few months (as in she used to be crazy mental labrador puppy) but i think she's just settling down with age now (she's 3 in april). they say dogs can feel a change though so maybe thats why your doggie is acting strange.

xxxxx

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 5:46pm

Peony - I have a friend who uses them the cloth nappies and she recommended some great websites, so I will ask her again about them and let you know. I think they look great and i'd be really interested in hearing more about what your friend thinks of them. I think i'm sold!

Congratulations Harry on your little boy!! How lovely! We have decided that we don't want to find out. Everyone I have spoken to has found out or plans to, but I just would like a surprise at the end of all that hard work! I know it makes everything a little harder with buying stuff etc, but i'm sure we'll manage. xxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 2:28pm

Sorry for the lack of personals but just wanted to quickly ask.... are any of you suffering from back pain?
I called the midwife yesterday as I just couldnt get comfortable at work and it was really REALLY hurting and she said that it might be to do with my posture and I might need to get a support band and to discuss it with the midwife at my next appointment.

Anyone else had this?

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 2:48pm

Shelley - can't help you much but i do know it is very common to have back pain in pregnancy. i'm sat at a desk all day and have noticed that i can get a bit stiff compared to when i was on my feet all day. think alot of it can be to do with posture though, apparently the expanding uterus causes our posture to become worse. i was thinking starting pregnancy pilates to help my back but i never got round to it....whoops!! also if your sat down at work is your chair set correctly to your desk? i had to get my work to get me a new chair when i got preg cos they gave me one with a broken back rest and its very bad for the back not to be sat correctly.

hope it gets better soon hun. a nice warm bath might help tongiht xxxx

Caz

Ace

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 3:16pm

I got given a foot rest under my desk and that really helps, as do the back supports - I think mine is from jojo.

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 3:36pm

Shelley

My back has been bad since about week 17. I've been seeing a physio since then and she's given me lots of advice on how to sit, good posture and the importance of decent lumbar support and gettting me back inline every time I see her. I'm convinced this has helped me lots and I would be in even more of a state now had I not been following their guidelines (BUT i am hypermobile and my joints are all a bit dodgy). Back pain is very common in pregnancy as your centre of gravity changes and your muscles are worked in many different ways. Maybe your midwife can refer you to a physio? Taking regular breaks will help as you'll stiffen up if you sit in the same postion for extended periods of time. Also found that a wheat bag helps loads after zapping in the mircowave for a couple of mins.

Hope it feels better soon
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 4:43pm

Thanks guys x Think i'll arrange a visit to my midwife next week as its really hurting and dont want it to get any worse.

Cant wait to go home today :( feeling sorry for myself :(

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 5:19pm

Its great catching up on all the chat.
Thanks for the info on BD-ing, I will just go with the flow from now!!
Hoping- my friend lent me a day-by-day pregnancy book and its great, just offers advice etc. In fact I was saying to DH that now the nausea has eased and I have a little more energy I don't feel pregnant as I don't have much of a bump, the next day the book commented on this and put my mind at rest!!
Harry congratulations on your scan. Baby boy. i like the name nathan but it reminds my husband of someone we went to school with so he wasn't keen and I can't think of any other boy names I would like. ANyone got any suggestions??
Mindy, my dads dog wont leave me alone when I go over and I know he is just pretecting me, its so cute.
I'm really not ssure about cloth nappies. I'd like to think they save the environment but you have to wash them so surely that defeats the object. Unless you perchase loads, but that is quite expensive as you have to change sizes as the baby grows etc. I'm still open on that subject.
Shelly, back pain is normal in pregnancy but definately get it checked out. Do you have an occupational health at work? If so they should come and assess if you need any supports at your desk i.e better chairs, foot stools etc
AFM tured as I;ve just finished 2 nights and trying to complete my course work and revise!!! Oh well in 2 and a half weeks I can put my feet up and relax!! My boobs were really sore this morning and may have grown a fraction. I'm trying to find a dress for a wedding in 2 weeks. Squeezed into one which showed of my very small bump (in fact I just looked a little fat) but worried that by the wedding I may be a little bigger!!
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 5:19pm

hi all sorry havent been on for ages been working soooo much and had a lot going on! all is fine with me and feeling baby kick more each day is great xxxx

hope everyone is well ?? sorrying havent got time to read everyones stuff now! will try another day soon xxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 6:18pm

Shelley - I sit at a desk all day and my back is starting to hurt. Like Caz I have a footrest and it helps loads. I also get up to walk about, just to stretch. In my pregnancy books backache is very common because of the extra weight we're carrying. I'm not very good at standing tall, I tend to slouch, which I know is bad but I'm trying to straighten my back more, which will hopefully help ease it xx

Adreamz - glad your sickness is easing. Nathan is the name we have chosen for our little boy :) I've loved the name since I was a teenager and fortunately DH likes it too though he was trying to sway me to Ethan for a bit but I was adament I wanted Nathan. If we were having a girl we were thinking of Isabella. I think it's hard thinking of names. Nearly every name I liked for a girl a friend had already. Fortunately, I don't have any friends with a boy called Nathan xx

Mum82 - wow you're feeling kicks already?! Mind you they say you feel it earlier when you have had a child before don't they? I can't wait to feel my little boy kicking away. I get twinges in my stomach in the afternoon, usually around 3pm onwards and on the train journey home. I wonder if that is when he is more active though I can't really say if it's movement I'm feeling or just my stomach growing xx

Not much to report from me. Just counting down the days till my next scan - 2 weeks today!! I just hope they say everything is OK and things are forming as they should. The 20 week scan is probably the most nerve wrecking one isn't it because it's the anomly (spelling?) scan?

A friend showed me some pics of a 3D scan today that someone had at 26 weeks. It's amazing. I can't wait to book in for ours, which will be around the end of April all being well.

Had a couple more people notice my bump today, which is nice. The cleaner in our office asked our receptionist if I was pregnant - she didn't want to ask me direct in case she was wrong but she said she'd noticed my little bump!

Hi to everyone else.

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 6:30pm

Harry - a little boy, how lovely! We are finding out a week Sat and can't wait!

Re cloth nappies - The washing thing really does kill all the nasties, honest. My friends nappies were all over my lap and they all looked and smelt wonderful. For me it's the thing about how long the nappies take to degrade that really gets me. Using disposables would be doing something that will save me time in the short term yes, but ultimatley it's the very baby that I'm trying to protect who will end up with the legacy of all the landfill etc etc...and so on....
Its also a cost thing, if we can get all the basic cloth nappy stuff upfront, I wont have to think about where the next lot are coming from I think I read somewhere that you can save about £500 a year by using the cloths. And as Chillimint has said some councils actually give incentives to go for the reusables, my area doesnt unfortunately, but check yours out for sure.
You can get all in one cloth nappies that are adjustable from birth to potty, so you really can get it all upfront if needed.

Chilimint - I thought the same about the terry towelling and safety pins until my friend pulled her load out, they are fabulous.

Hoping - I think the isofix is better too, but obvioulsy depends if you car can take it or if you can get the car installed with the isofix points. I have'nt gone anywhere near looking at car seats, will leave that to OH to look into and then report back. My friend did say that the MaxiCosi ones are good though and thats what they would reccommend and yes, one that takes you through to a much later age as some only last a few months, but they dont necessarily point that out when you buy them.

Mindy - I am getting shooting pains up my bum and in my v-j-j, also weird drawing up shooty pains around my belly button and through my hip bones, not all at the same time (that really would be horrible) I am thinking that its just ligament stretchy stuff, same as the crampy things in first tri, but different.
I dont have a dog or any pets (not thrugh choice) but when visiting friends with cats they are far more interested in me, my SIL really, really old cat, just gets up rather shakily from his basket and stares at me, then talks to me...very sweet, he actually came in the room we were sitting in the other day which he has never done in all the 4 years Ive known him...animals are super cute!!

Shelly - Ive got lower back pain, I dont think that my posture is all that great. Ive got a new chair at work and it helped at first, think I now need to adjust other areas like car and sofa etc...my midwife told me not to sit with my legs crossed as that can cause lower back pain, its hard to remember but I do try. Im seeing a chiropractor, need to book another session soon I think, and also satrting yoga next week, so that may help.

Hoping we get a free 5 min show on the 3d at our private gender scan soon!

AFM - my bump is out and proud already! I love it! We are having curry tonight...yum, not too hot mind you and I avoid the meat, but can't wait all the same....salivating....
babydust

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 8:36am

Morning Guys,

well yesterday was my first wednesday off now ive went down to 4 days and i tell ya what i enjoyed it so much! i got all my cleaning etc done in the morning then went to morrisons and bnm bargains with my mam and nana then had a girly tea with my best mate who surprised me with Adele tickets for september as a sort of wetting the babies head kind of thing! im so excited, shes the best! i felt so much better knowing i had yesterday off and actually felt ready to come back to work today and crack on! im so pleased i did it!

re the back pain, i had back pain for ages which turned out to be a water infection so make sure you get that checked out if its really painful, i had a water infection that has gone untreated since i fell pregnant (docs arent sure exactly when i got it) and supposedly that caused my back pain, affected my sickness and made my dehydration headaches worse! except nobody who treat me thought to do a water sample for some strange reason! yesterday, because i was walking around alot i had bad back pain but i think maybe thats because i was excercising lol!

my bump seems to be growing by the day now! and i no longer have a flat belly when i lie down, instead i have a small hill lol! my husband noticed it last night when i got into bed!

one thing i am worried about is that last week i started feeling little flutters like bubbles bursting against the inside of my tummy, but i haven felt any for about a week now? where has my baby gone??? :( i know it is early to feel anything as im only 17 weeks but if those lil movements were my baby, why arent i feeling them now??

also if anyone is still suffering from sickness like me, i have been eating those bel vita breakfast biscuits and they have really calmed it down. i eat them every morning as i cant stomach milk for cereal anymore so ive been eating them and they must be settling my stomach! better than my craving of hash browns lol! xxxx

bab23

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 8:48am

Morning ladies

hope your all good.

i've still not felt my Buba yet.... but this time next week will be my 20 week scan so xfingers everything is ok. roll on next thursday...... i have been getting stretchy ligament pain though and my bump looks like its growing, my hunger is still at an all time high too :snigger: i had a bit of a funny doo yesterday. it was the end of the day at work and i started reading about epidural's and how women get peed off when they are refused them....it then went on to horror stories about tears and such like and i'm really squeemish and ended up feeling really faint and got all hot and sweaty thinking about it. i had to go lay down cos i felt so weak and faint thinking about child birth!!!! what the hell am i guna be like in 20 weeks time....lol. anyway i'm going to have a word with my MW and really put it forward i'd freak out if i was refused an epidural. not something i should worry about yet though but it just made me :faint: thinking about it.....

peony - thats amazing u get a sneaky peek of the 3d scan at your gender one. You have me thinking about cloth nappies now and its somthing i probably wouldn;t have even thought of doing..... you should be a sales person for them cos u have me thinking about them now...lol.

Hoping - me and dh have had our name for a girl sinse i was a teenager and my aunty was going to use the name but never did and then my hubby liked it too...... and after always saying we we're going to call our little girl Laila we have done a complete U-turn and decided on maybe calling her Arabelle instead!!! i always loved Rueben for a boy but dh said no cos he knew a Reuben at school with a snotty nose so it put him off the name :snigger: Its good u and dh have agreed on a name though so soon cos it can get difficult when you have a couple to decide over. now i'm debating about Arabelle cos its a bit different or our original name Laila but a few people i know have Layla's now (spelt different but same name!)........hmmm decisions!!

mum - good to see your feeling your LO already!! :D

adreamz - for my xmas doo i bought a dress 2 weeks before and it was on the slack side, but for the doo i had to squeeze into it....lol. then 2 weeks after my xmas doo it was NYE and i couldn't wear it cos it wouldn;t fasten cos i'd grown so much in 2 weeks!! maybe i just had a growth spurt though. but i'd have a back up or buy one with plenty of room just in case.

Mindy - Adele tickets sounds good. i only just heard her song on the radio this morning (where have i been for the last 2 weeks ?( ) and it nearly made me ;( ...lol. i wouldn;t worry about not feling your LO for the past week, i have no experience myself (as i've not even felt a flutter yet) but i'm sure other ladies on here will reassure in that its not regular when you first feel them. I'm sure you'll feel lil currybum again soon.

xxxxxx

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 9:14am

Morning ladies,

Lovely reading all of your posts on here and isnt it so nice to see we are not alone with our aches and pains and some of us who havent felt the baby and some who have too it makes me panic a lot less if you know what I mean?!!!

Just a really quick post as I have to take the dog out before starting work at 10am but Booboo have you looked into hypnobirhing at all? It was recommended to me through a lovely girl on the GCRM page here where we go for treatment and since she mentioned it I havent looked back. We start our class on the 26th March which is a one to one class where the teacher comes to our house and we have 5 2and a half hour sessions before the LO arrives in July. its a wee bit pricey but I definitely think its worth a shot and Im feeling clam about everything already. Now Im by no means an airy fairy type so if it suits me it might be worth looking into and it might clam you down after all of those horror stories at work. It may not work at all but I reckon anything is worth a shot because after all the baby HAS to come out at some point!!!!!

Right got to run but thought it was worth mentioning xxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 9:45am

Morning ladies

Peony - hope you enjoyed the curry! We had that for tea on Monday night, was yummy. I've had a nosy at the cloth nappies, some funky ones I must say and I see you can get disposable liners for them. Not sure if I'm 100% sold yet though. I think I just prefer the convenience of disposable nappies so I don't have to worry about washing the cloth ones and would you put them in your washing machine? Not sure I'd like muck swilling around in there if you know what I mean LOL! I think it's great that some of you are considering them though as I know it is much better for the environment xx

Booboo - Arabelle or Laila are both lovely names. If you called her Arabelle would you shorten it to Elle? LOL you sound like me re pain relief, I too will be demanding an epidural if gas and air won't help the pain. I think at the end of the day it's how good your pain threshold is, some women can bear it more than others. I'm the biggest wimp going when it comes to pain so I have a feeling I will be wanting an epidural xx

Mindy - I'd love to see Adele, she's great. DH loves her too. Re the shooting pains, I get the occasional one but it's not often xx

Well ladies, I think I am finally starting to feel my little boy move. Last night I lay in bed and was massaging Palmers lotion in my belly and then I pressed my hand firmly on it and just lay as still as possible. I swear I felt movement inside my belly. Only very light but there was definitely movement. It wasn't the stretching pains I've been getting, this was inside. Then, this morning, I have had a butterfly feeling in my belly since the train journey in. I'm feeling it now on and off sat at my desk. The best way to describe it is that nervous feeling you get in your belly. It's not really flutters or bubbles. I told my colleague and she said it can feel like butterflies so I've decided that I am going to take this as a sign that my LO is wriggling about biggrin2

No doubt I'll be monitoring it now daily but fingers crossed the feeling continues and gets progressively more like nice big kicks LOL!

Hi to everyone else. Have a nice day.

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 10:58am

Lozza - thanks for that. i saw someone on one born every min have a hypno birth but she had no painkillers....i'd still rather be open to an epidural..lol. anything is worth a shot though to keep us calm. i've not even been scared about childbirth until yesterday when i was reading horror stories! i won't be reading them again. xxx

Hoping - aw thats great u felt your LO. it sounds like it to me. they always say the first time you feel them its easy to dismiss but once u feel it again you'll know its your little boy for sure. The butterflys is definately one i've heard before for describing movement of your LO. i sit there on a night too with my palmers lotion trying to spur LO on. I can't wait to feel my Buba!! i feel like the last woman standing..lol. we'll call her Belle or Bella for short if we call her Arabelle.... my friend tried to put me off though cos she said it was a brattish name...charming!! i won't be discussing my babies names with her again..lol. xxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 11:18am

love the name BooBoo!

i must say, im thinking about cloth nappies now lol!

great your feeling nathan hoping!

i need to feel mine again to reassure me! lol

xx

bab23

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 11:35am

Hey Booboo I definitely up for an epidural if this hypnobirthing doesnt work!!! My birth plan will be very much if I need the pain killers give them to me fast!!! yes stay away from the horror stories on the internet - eek! x

Hoping thats amazing you can now feel your little boy - I literally cant wait until I can feel my wee one too and Im hoping it wont be too long until that happens. I was sure I had a few flutters of something the other week but havent had anything since so maybe it was just wind - haha!!! Ours scans are not far away no are they - roll on the 9th March!!! x

Mindy Im the same about the cloth nappies now too - I hadnt really given it much thought until last night when reading everyones advice and opinions on here and it really is worth looking into isnt it!!!

lxxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 11:44am

Booboo - can't believe she said Arabelle sounds like a brats name. It sounds nothing of the sort. It's a beautiful name. There are names I don't like as I think they sound common but I won't say what they are as I wouldn't want to offend anyone who is called that are likes it for a baby name! I just keep opinions like that to myself as it can hurt people can't it? If we had Isabella we were thinking Issy or Bella for short. I really like Ella but we already have a baby Ellie in the family. Anyway, I'm having a boy now so doesn't matter LOL xx

Mindy - I'm sure you'll feel your LO again soon so try not to worry though I know if I stopped feeling Nathan for a day or two I'd start to panic. It's natural isn't it? I'm sure everything is fine though, especially as you're still sick. Can't believe how long that has lasted for you. I eat those biscuits. They're nice aren't they? I like the Honey and Nuts flavour best. I wouldn't say they fill me up though like they claim to - slow releasing carbs I think the advert says - well within an hour I'm starving again LOL!

Almost lunch time!! I am starving - like you Booboo I am just constantly hungry!! I have just had to get a packet of crisps from the vending machine because I feel like I will collapse if I wait till lunchtime LOL, even though I have had cereal, 2 toast and a banana this morning.

xx

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 4:24pm

Amazing Grace - I'd be really interested to hear about how your friend got on with cloth nappies. I've been reading how you can fold them in different ways depending on their expected contents, making sure that the liners catch as much as possible, keeping it off the cloths. The liners can then be chucked in the loo.

Shelley - how's your back today luv? Hope its better. If you're in so much pain, it might be better looked at sooner rather than later.

Mindy - aww flutters! How exciting! My midwife told me that very early movements aren't always consistent. I suppose if baby is still so tiny, its got lots of places to choose from to kick, which might not always be where you can feel it. At least, this is what I tried to tell myself when I went long time without feeling anything...but it only worked sometimes. I called the midwife and she said I could go down for a listen on the doppler. Maybe this is omething you could do?

Booboo - I've just had a look at my maternity notes and it was only in the 20 week scan where the position of the placenta was officially recorded, not before. The other scans we had, the sonographer has just mentioned it and pointed out the placenta. It was a slightly lighter grey, almost fluffy looking area than the wall of the uterus. I'm sorry if this is no use! I hope this next week goes quickly for you.

Hoping - what a fab way to spend a train journey, feeling wriggles.

AFM - I went to a midwife appointment this afternoon. The midwife had a feel of my bump and told me that baby is breech at the moment. I wish I was able to tell as easily as she made it look!

A big hello to Lozza, mum, Peony, adreamz, Caz, scoffs, phillipa, Lottie and everyone else too. Hope you're all well
:bye:

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 7:27pm

Woohoo for the cloth nappies!! :snigger:

Made me chuckle about being a sales rep for them...hmmnnn....maybe I could do that instead of going back to work...my friend is honestly the biggest advocate of them, she said once you start you realise how great (and adorable) they are and you are hooked.
I have a few websites that she gave me, will post at the end.

BooBoo - I absolutely LOVE Arabella!! You must have that! And I want to steal the name for myself its so lovely! Have a feeling we are having a boy though.. also love Rueben!

Lozza - Im looking into HypnoBirthing too...I have a dvd that my friend gave me but we may go for the classes depending on cashflow...I love the idea of it surely anything that helps has got to worth a try.

Hoping - you get rid of most of the muck with the liner down the loo, or scrape down the loo if you are not using liner, sounds gross now, but I think Id rather flush it away than have it in my bin :snigger:
Its lovely that you are feeling your little man and that hes reminding you he's there throughout the day too!

Chilimint - You can fold them different ways, but think that the all in ones are just as easy as disposables, no folding required. You can put really young ones just in muslin and use these special rubbery gripper thingies to hold them together, apparently there are a thousand different ways to fold them, bit like origami!

Hello to everyone I've missed!

afm - I had the worst nights sleep ever last night. Was asleep by 10pm, awake at 12 for a pee, then tossed and turned for 2 hours until I got hungry and got up for some cereal. OH, bless him, gets up with me, so we are both sat there for an hour...then back to bed, I swapped sides with him and managed to eventually get back to sleep, have been really tired today...
Have enrolled for some yoga classes, so that may help the overall nasties of the pregnancy, backche, insomnia etc but they wont be starting for another couple of weeks as she is full and waiting for some LO to arrive so the ladies make space.

Having a major panic about money! Just worked out that Ill be about 68% down on my pay cheque for the 9 months that actually get anything and its sent me into a spin! I always knew it would be bad, but had been telling myself not to look as theres nothing we can do about it, baby is a coming and for that I am more than thankful!
So anyway, we just have to try and save save save as much as possible before I start leave. Then consider going back to being a veggie or just living on toast and water for a bit!!
Im sure it will all be fine...just a bit more of a shock than I was expecting.

Curry was lovely! But maybe thats what kept me awake....it was only masala sauce and mushroom pilau...should have been ok...

ok so the sites (these are not FZ or PZ endorsed by the way)
and this is what she sent me as a message with the links:
Fleece and wool are great for breathable covers, but you will also need a PUL wrap for daytime. Also nappy folding instructions on the nappy lady site.
Good all in ones for smaller babies are Itti Bitti DLish AIO, Totsbots easyfit (they do a teeny fit).
www.thenappylady.co.uk/public/articlecategorylist.aspx?id=18
www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk
www.weenotions.co.uk
www.milliesnappies.co.uk
www.babybots.co.uk
www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
www.kittykins.co.uk
babydust

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 7:34pm

I thought about cloth nappies for a reduction in environmental impact but by the time you've added up all the detergent, water consumption and electricity used from washing them the impact works out about the same. I did read a study by the environment agency I think that said the actual impact is comparable. I guess if you use Ecover and wash on a low temp that will reduce the impact, however I try to use only enviro friendly detergents but for washing powder the results are poor, whites go grey etc. Using the lowest setting on the washing machine would help but with poo I would have thought you would wanna use 30 degrees as a min. Just a thought!!
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 8:14pm

Thats true scoffs, I think it probably can be balanced out somewhere along the line, especially as with some of the hemp/bamboo ones you have to wash them a fair before they reach max absorbency. Also the amount of energy that actually goes into trawling the web for hours deciding what to get, packaging, shipping etc.!
The main reason Im going for it, is that I can get them all up front, they will smell lovely and clean (when not pooed in!) they look lovely, and I hate the smell of plasticy things, to a point where they make me physically gag...weird I know...but true...so, I feel like putting disposables next to my LO skin would not be for me. Also because these cloth ones are more breathable, LO is less likely to get nappy rash....apparently...I dont know...this is what I have been told and I trust my friend...

....skip forward 6 months and I will be shamefaced, on here after 2 weeks trying them out saying Ive given up and are on disposies, feeding them full on formula and sitting them in a bouncer for 3 hours in front of the telly with a dummy while Im having a burger, gin and a fag outside! :laugh:
babydust

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 8:21pm

Jules you crack me up :happy:

They do look lovely tho - and you certainly can't say that about the disposable ones. I love a bit of plasticy type smell - when I got the pram I spent ages sniffing the raincover, it smelt like toys from when I was little. Also partial to a marker pen or two :shush:

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE