You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 6:48pm

Lots of us on our own tonight! DH went offshore yesterday on an overtime trip to pay for the big move! He did call this morning and sent me on a wild goose chase around the house to find a card and flowers all nice in a jar though!

Hope you get sorted tomorrow Hmcfeather and fee better soon.

I think I've started to feel baby properly, which is rather exciting! Apart from that just majorly stressed with house selling! Wish it was all over and we get a top notch offer! Xxx

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 6:53pm

Hello girls, firstly happy valentines day to you all and secondly im so sorry ive been rubbish at contributing to all the interesting chat thats been going on. I do read but just dont get a chance to post as jayden constantly needs my attnetion at the moment, think he is teething again.
I have a question for those of you on your second pregnancy...did u feel your baby move sooner or later than u did the first time round?
Only im getting worried bout my bubba as I felt jayden moving regularly from 16 weeks and I know this from my pregnancy diary where as this time ive not felt anyyhing and im now 17+1 weeks!! I check his heartbeat everyday with my monitor and its always loud and strong and I can hear him swishing around but I just cant feel it, not at all which I find very strange. I keep reading everywhere that your meant to feel movement earlier with your second pregnancies so now im worried. I am a slim woman too so its not that I have extra fat this time either. What do u all think? X

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 7:15pm

Hi Lisa, try not to worry hun esp as you've got Doppler to hear hb. It is normal to feel movement earlier but you might find if the placenta is at the front you just don't feel same movement as the placenta kind of absorbs the kicks xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 7:20pm

Thanks for replying heather but I know my placenter isnt at the front from our scan last week!

Lisa Lou
babydust

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

What's Up?

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 7:47pm

If you're worried speak to your midwife but it's probably to do with way baby is lying and kicking out. It's only been the last couple of days were I've felt movement anywhere other than very low down and it's still mostly there. My LO is lying transversely mostly so must why the feelings are so low down!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 7:59pm

I tried to call my midwife today but her phone was off as usual, I'll try her again tomorrow. I know I sound crazy worrying when I can hear his heartbeat but cant help it, I don't think the worry ever stops does it. X

Lisa Lou
babydust

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 8:05pm

Oh add me the to home alone on Valentines list, DP is away all week with work in London, I came home to a lovely bunch of long stemmed red roses...looking forward to him getting home tomorrow night.

RG and Heather - sorry to hear you are both still feeling awful, I hope it lifts very soon for you both. I'm finally starting to perk up, looking forward to getting to the gym this weekend, I feel like all I've done for the last 10 days is work, eat and sleep!

AG - do you have a closing date? Is the selling process the same over there? It must be hard keeping things tidy for prospective buyers with a little one x

Lisa Lou - try not to fret, if you can hear the heartbeat, everything must be just fine x

Moogle - 5am...yuck, I have one of those once a month, commuting south, I get picked up at 4:50....not fun at all, thankfully I can only fly with my company up to week 32, so only 2 or 3 more crazy early starts for me x

xxx

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 8:10pm

Thanks EE, I know deep down your probably right..well done to your DP on the long stem roses , how lovely. I got some chocs and they are very yummy x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 8:57pm

Sorry you've got this worry Lisa but as the others have said, as long as you can hear LO's hb then everything must be fine and dandy. I cant feel a thing yet but with this being my second pregnancy i wonder if i'll start feeling flutterings in the next few weeks. I was well over 20 weeks before i felt Evie.

Glad you're perking up EE, its a snot-fest here still. I suffered with a lot of nasal congestion with Evie but i know this is definitely a cold. Blooming flu jab!!

Quick question folks!! As i've got this yucky cold i'm sneezing a lot and often feel a really big cramp/muscle pull in my uterus that hurts when i sneeze. It doesn't last long but was wondering if anyone else has had it??? I'm not overly worried but dont remember having it before.

Have you got a good pregnancy relaxation cd AG? I love putting my headphones on and having a chill-out whenever i can, definitely helps me de-stress.

blowkiss xxx

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 9:04pm

Lisa Lou. - try not to worry, every pregnancy is different and every baby is different. I would say I've felt movement a bit earlier with this baby, but my placenta is in a different position and this baby (going from the scans) seems more active than my daughter was. It can also be to do with how much water you have cushioning things, you just might have more water this time. If you can hear the heartbeat, then that is the main thing.

EE - the selling process is so, so different here. It goes on the Internet on Monday onto a site used in Norway to sell everything, including property, the newspaper next Friday and then they have a showing the following Tuesday when everyone who is interested comes at once to see the house. so just need it mega tidy for then! At the moment we're clearing out and trying to get some stuff shipped to declutter the house. The next day the bidding process starts. People who are really interested put their name on a list at the showing and when the bidding starts the estate agent calls everyone and says we've had a bid of X, would you like to increase? This goes on until someone wins, so no blind bidding. If we get one decent offer I'd be happy. So, by next Wednesday we could have sold the house, fingers, toes and eveything crossed.

RG the pregnancy relaxation CD sounds immense! i must get one! Xxx

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 9:10pm

Thanks RG...yes I have that same cramp feeling when I sneeze, I had it when I was pregnant with Hayden too. Its only when I sneeze if I'm lying flat, so have to make sure I crunch my legs up before I sneeze now cause it does hurt. So yeah dont worry must just be our tender muscles not liking the sudden extra tense and pull x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 9:12pm

Sorry amazing grace missed your post then, that could very well be possible. Thank you x

Lisa Lou
babydust

What's Up?

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 9:54pm

RG yeah I get it exactly the same and when I cough too feels like baby is going to fall out :snigger:
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 10:28pm

RG I had the same too, down the side really low down, painful too, like Lisa said I didn't get it if I was crunched up x

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 10:59pm

Welcome RG, ,good to see you in here, I have had those pains from very early on, coughing sneezing, laughing and so ethimes even just turning over in bed caused the pain, think its the ligaments stretching, really low down to either left or right side, feels like tight elastic band pulling mega tight, eases off eventually. It's cos the uterus is suspended with only the ligaments holding it in place so when they get stretched it hurts like hell. Def nothing to worry about x x x x

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Friday, February 15th 2013, 11:29am

Thanks peeps, definitely feel reassured.

Hmc, your comment made me giggle :snigger: it does feel like baby might fall out!! Although i'm pretty sure i'd notice considering he/she is now the size of a peach!!

xxx

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Saturday, February 16th 2013, 9:23am

Ladies just a quicky I have posted a thread about this but not really had much replies. Yesterday I noticed a new stretch mark already! Lol didn't get my first one with dd till about 7months so if I have a new one already is it likely I'm gonna get covered in even more new ones lol (I already have loads but now faded) ladies who have had 2nd,3rd babies etc did u get new stretchys with them or just restretch old ones and don't think the creams make any difference as I used cocoa butter on my belly 3 times a day with dd an still look like a tiger now (proudly wearin her stripes lol) x

Rallygirl I also get that when sneezing or coughing lol but I know can't fall out with me as been stitched up! Ha ha x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Saturday, February 16th 2013, 12:27pm

Afternoon all hope you are all doing well!

I am with you on all the coughing and sneezing feelings I feel lots of stretching! And yes I get the same feeling that I feel baby is going to fall out!

Westmidsgirl I too have got new stretch marks this time round midwife says it will happen as you carry each pregnancy differently. I am definitely a different shape this time round with ds I went all round and this time I am going outwards!

AG I hope all goes well next week with your house sale.

Lisa I go through days where lo seems quiet and I don't feel movement but I find if I drink a glass of very cold water I soon get a movement!

AFM I discovered that lo loves live music dp and I went out for dinner last night and when the live music came on and lo was moving non stop and when it stopped so did lo it was really funny!!

I hope you all have a good weekend.
Take care

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Saturday, February 16th 2013, 4:46pm

Happy Saturday ladies! Busy wee place these days, innit? ;)

I'm another one who had Valentine's on my tod this year (1st time ever!), but it was me away from home, not DH. I had a lovely romantic evening to myself in an airport Travelodge - but at least I had the yummy choccies my good fella had left out for me the night before. And he even did roses this year - I must've been a good girl!

Lisa, as the other girls have said, every pregnancy is different - some babies are just more active than others, and some like to get comfy in positions where we can't really feel them much. I did feel number 2 a good few weeks earlier than number 1, but number 3 a little later than number 2... At this stage you really don't need to worry about baby's movements (try telling myself that!), especially if there's a nice reassuring hb there. It's always worth the extra reassurance from your mw though.

WMG, I have so many stretch marks I don't think I'd notice any new ones now! Keep slapping on the cocoa butter, bio-oil, whatever - it should at least make them a little shallower.

Rally hun, I've had those pains too. Thankfully it passes quickly eh?

AG, will have everything crossed for a quick and smooth house sale next week. Not long now till you're back in Bonnie Scotland! xfingers

Hello to EE, RW, Heather, Nic and anyone I've missed... that's as far as I can scroll down! xxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Saturday, February 16th 2013, 11:17pm

Thanks everyone for all your reassuring posts they have helped.
..great news tho ive been lying here on the sofa for the last 20 mins feeling lots of little bubbles and pops in my belly : D my little boy is finally letting himself be known lol....he must have known mummy had waited long enough and was at her wits end! So so happy now biggrin2

I cant help you with your stretchmark qustion westmid girl as I didnt get any with my first pregnancy just a few on my boobs when my milk came in and hoping for the sAme again, although I know I may not be that lucky. I hope u dont get anymore this time round, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed I think...x

I hope your all having a nice weekend, we took DS to the beach today, he loved sitting on the shore playing with the stones and eating chips, it was really lovely. X

Lisa Lou
babydust

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Sunday, February 17th 2013, 9:25am

Moogle I don't know whether to bother with lotions and potions as I still got covered last time so thinking may be a waste of time lol. Saying that bet I won't bother then have extremely bad ones lol!

Lisalou fingers crossed for u and glad u been feeling bubba move. I'm not too worried if I do get covered again I suppose as they did fade after my daughter so I'm sure any new ones will too! Lol x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Sunday, February 17th 2013, 9:42am

Im going with bio oil again...I used it last time on tummy bum and thighs and didnt get sny stretchmarks the only place I didnt put it (on my boobs) was where I got them!!! Just gonna bath in it this tine lol x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Sunday, February 17th 2013, 9:58am

Happy Sunday ladies

The sun is shining what a change

As far as stretch marks go I can't help as these 2 little bubs are my first, however I was highly recommended the body shop cocoa butter stick so though I would give it a bash, when I went online to order it they had 40 percent off too so got a bargain. I have been using it ever since it arrived and actually put my bio oil and palmers stuff away as the stick is so easy to use and I love sitting rolling it onto my belly it almost feels like a massage in itself. Early days (only 19 weeks) but no stretch marks so far and believe me my tummy has certainly stretched.

I have been feeling my lil ones moving from 14 weeks and actually started to feel a couple of kicks with my hand, not often. Over the last couple of days I really haven't felt babies as often and there movements not as strong, should I be concerned at this stage. Been thinking about it lots.

Back to the Doppler, I am now re considering buying one because I have not felt as much movement lately and it might offer reassurance. Also I have heard that you can record the sounds and play it back when babies are here and it supposed to help them sleep.

Getting keys for new house next week so off to ikea for some ideas and I am thinking about joining Costco as it may save money when buying in bulk in the future.

AG I totally forgot to answer you ages ago about where I live, yeah I live in Stirling, riverside is such a lovely wee place, don't know it very well but have been through it several times x x x

Sunday, February 17th 2013, 2:34pm

They say it actually boils down to depending on genetics though don't they like if ur mom had them an ur nan then u will most likely get them... I don't believe any oils or creams etc stop them but may make them not so bad I suppose as I said I used to use cocoa butter 3 times a day every day from about 3 months to when I had my daughter and was still covered x

Sunday, February 17th 2013, 3:17pm

I will keep going with my cocoa butter stick, as its a way of me relaxing massaging my preggers belly, only put it on in the evening, I think the same if your gonna get them your gonna get them and I have heard that it is quite a genetic thing. If I end up with stripes I will be proud of them anyhoo but so far so good x x x

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Sunday, February 17th 2013, 3:27pm

Hey All
I might get that stick nic it sounds good. I have a cream but its a faf!! No marks for me yet but my tummy is growing now.
It does worry me reading how much u feel ur Los and I don't. I'm 20 weeks and barely feel anything. One of my placenta is anterior so am wondering if that's the reason. Like u nic I wish I had a Doppler but my gp and Dh r adamant it would be a bad idea as would be so hard to find two heartbeats. Let me know what u decide nic xxx

Quick update from me as have house full of family. Am exhausted being host and u end up doing more than u should. Had scan but babies wouldn't turn over properly so have to go back on 28th so they can finish anomaly scan. What they did see was ok. I fainted having scan, was really ill. They think its the pressure from how the babies r Lying inside as being on my back put too much pressure on me. I had to finish the scan on my side. So was a little disappointed didn't get the full all clear but plus side is I get to see them again in a weeks time so pretty pleased with that.

I have my first meeting with consultant today. People keep telling me what I need to buy/get and I find it all quite overwhelming. Just want to take it one step at a time...still fully accepting that this is real!!

Anyways sorry for lack of personals , will catch up v soon xxxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Sunday, February 17th 2013, 10:43pm

Dam just wrote a huge post cherlou and lost it argh, eyes completely shutting so will keep it short soz, everyone is totally different and anterior placenta will def make it harder to feel babies. Docs not concerned about movement till after 24 weeks at all, I think I have just been mega lucky to feel mine early. Plus both at front and one in front of other almost x

Don't think gonna other with Doppler as DH says I would just freak out if couldn't find the heart beats.

So sorry you felt I'll through scan, is it to do with weight of uterus on one of your veins as heard can make you dizzy lying on back, I have anomaly scan on Friday. Few of my friends had to go back again as babies not playing ball.

Off to bed now girls, catch up tomorrow

Nyt x

Monday, February 18th 2013, 9:04am

I have an anterior placenta this time too an I gotta say I don't feel the movements that much either x

Monday, February 18th 2013, 12:48pm

Morning Ladies, hope you're all doing ok.

Just want to ask you all if you have any advise on colds?? I've been feeling crap for over 2 weeks now :thumbdown: (since getting my blinking flu jab) and have such a stinking cold i feel awful. :poorly: I've no energy and am desperate for a wee boost to try and pick myself up. Is there anything i could take?? Lucozade is probably quite good but my tummy is so sensitive with this pregnancy i think the fizz might reek havoc with my guts. I'm taking a multi-vitamin pregnancy tablet a day that has everything in it and I'm having to take a nasal spray at night cos i just cant breathe, i have checked and its safe to use a basic decongestant spray every-so-often.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. So sorry for not doing a proper post but am just feeling so sorry for myself just now!! :tears:

xxx

Monday, February 18th 2013, 3:18pm

You are not meant to have lucozade while pregnant its an energy drink and full of caffiene. Also I was really ill with flu few weeks back and asked pharmacist what I could take and they said all you can have is paracetamol and that stuff u put in hot water and inhale it in... I got that and took paracetamol and it did help... Its not great havin flu whilst preg as there's not a fat lot u can take! Hope u feeling better soon xx

Monday, February 18th 2013, 6:28pm

Hi girls,

RG - I'm sorry you're feeling awful still. Have you tried Olbas oil in host water as Westmidsgirl says? I used the stick you breathe in your noise, it sounds silly but I was totally blocked but it still amazed to get through, albeit only for a moment or two before I blocked up again, but it did help especially at night.

I think as this is my first baby, feeling movement won't come till a little later? I have been feeling not cramping, but a tightening maybe...I can't describe it, I'm putting it down to my baby growing and uterus expanding again.

I had a lovely day with DP yesterday walking about Edinburgh in the sunshine, I think that may have been the first sun I've seen his year!

xxx

Monday, February 18th 2013, 10:40pm

Sorry your feeling poorly rally girl, I have heard so many people feeling poorly after their flu jag, defeats the purpose really but suppose its to prevent flu and not really bad colds. I would go with the inhalation thingy, I have drunk little amounts of lucozade, everything in moderation. When I didn't feel much movement I was told to drink a sugary drink. When I start feeling like I have the cold I up my vitamin c, lots of orange juice and oranges etc.

Always a trams with me, today we sent a little boy home from nursery with suspected scarlet fever and it turns out it may be slapped cheek so I have had a blood test to see if I am immune, if I am then supposedly is fine, if not then I have to have another test in fortnight and if I am immune then I may have contracted the disease and will be referred to hospital. It is very severe if affected, I am very worried yet again. I have wanted to be pregnant for so long and now I just wish the end of June would hurry up so I can hold my babies. I am loving my bump though and being pregnant but I just never thought I would worry so much. I just love

Monday, February 18th 2013, 10:41pm

Oops didnt mean to press submit.

Anyhoo nyt nyt ladies x x x

Tuesday, February 19th 2013, 10:56am

Bless ya nic, hope it all comes back clear for you, you could really do without the worry.

Thanks Westmidsgirl and everyone for your tips. Feeling slightly better this morning but it's the afternoon that is my worse time of day. I dug my old facial steamer out the cupboard and got the olbas oil out. It helped but like EE said, only for a few minutes. I dropped some on a tissue and kept sniffing it all day and that helped too. Think i just have to ride this out. I agree with you nic that a wee drink of lucozade is probably ok in moderation. My sis-in-law said it was her life saver when she was pregnant and feeling really sick. They say the caffeine limit in a day is 200mg but it's difficult to tell how much caffeine is in things so i guess that's why they advise you to stay away from it.

I was in Edinburgh at the weekend EE, it is a beautiful city but i'm bias cos its my hometown.

Scan and meeting with consultant on Monday, cant wait to see our little one again.

Take care peeps!!

blowkiss

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Tuesday, February 19th 2013, 2:07pm

Afternoon ladies, just a quick check-in while small fry is eating his lunch :yumyum:

Nic, it's so true that the worry never stops. I feel the same, just wanting to fast-forward time till I can bring my baby home... A couple of us on here went through the slapped cheek scare a few weeks ago - my little boy had a suspected infection, and I turned out not to be immune, but fortunately all my bloods came back negative for the virus. I'm sure all will be fine with you, and keep in mind if you are close to 20 weeks now, the risk to your babies from slapped cheek is negligible from 20 weeks.

Rally, glad you're feeling a bit better and hope you continue to recover! Another bump-safe remedy is Manuka honey, it's antibacterial so won't combat the cold virus as such but can help with any secondary infections that linger on, and is good for overall health. Great you've got another scan coming up soon hun :)

Cher, so pleased everything is going well with your LOs, sorry to hear you were unwell at the scan though. Hopefully the next one'll be more comfortable and you'll have complete reassurance afterwards.

All is quiet with me... bubs a little too quiet for my liking tbh, but am trying not to stress as it's still fairly early, and I am feeling movements every day now : D

Hope everyone else is doing great, catch up again soon! xxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moogle" (Feb 19th 2013, 2:09pm)

Thursday, February 21st 2013, 3:04pm

Quiet on here at the moment, guess we are all just plodding on.

Just popped in to say hello to everyone. :hi:

I'm gradually feeling a little better every day, :pray: this cold will be gone soon. On the plus side, i've felt a couple of wee ripples inside, especially after a coughing fit and i'm sure it's poor baby telling me to stop jiggling!!!

Love to all.

blowkiss xxx

What's Up?

Thursday, February 21st 2013, 5:03pm

Hello ladies,

Sorry I've been awol the past week but just been up to my eyes with work and doing stuff with girls by the time I get them to bed in the evenings I am too knackered to post!!

RG - I hope you feel better soon. I spoke to my GP and he is cross I haven't had my flu jab and when I said I wasn't going to bother now as flu season is nearly over he got even crosser saying that it is more important for swine flu and that isn't seasonal and it can be very dangerous when pregnant. I said about the side effects and he said it isn't a live strain of the flu so will not make me sick!! Even so I've to wait for my antibiotics for throat infection to be over and then I think I will get it at 28 week with the Whooping Cough jab as well.

Nic - hope you get the all clear for slapped cheek. I think you are wise about the doppler with twins because you would never know which one you were hearing. Even with one at times it can be hard with baby moving around so much. I get a quick listen and then baby moves and it is gone.

Cher - I was the same with the twins I couldn't lie on my back from early on with the pressure and weight of the babies.

Moogle - the movement is hard to measure sometimes. I was told by the hospital last time if you feel them about 10 times in the day then all should be ok. But that was when I was much further on than now.

EE - your walk in Edinburgh in the sunshine sounds absolutely lovely : D

About the caffeine thing I know we are not meant to have much of it but it is truly the only thing I seem to be craving between diet coke and cups of tea I am sure I am having too much but I am being good in all other ways so I reckon if it is my only vice during pregnancy it can't be that bad, can it??

Sorry to those I have left out but I've gotta rush as I am running late in work here and need to pick up the girls xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Thursday, February 21st 2013, 7:33pm

Hi everyone, hope you and your lovely bumps are all well and looking forward to the weekend? This week has flown for me, Ive been looking after my nephew whos 9 all week which is probably why. He isnt hard work or anything, he actaually helps me out as jayden idolises him so I get a bit of a rest lol. Been trying to keep busy tho so he enjoys his stay here, been to the park and leeds castle today which has a maze etc so yeah its been good.
What are u all doing at the weekend?

X

Lisa Lou
babydust

Thursday, February 21st 2013, 8:21pm

Evening ladies

Rally girl so glad you are feeling better and I do hope the cold is gone soon, loving that you are starting to feel your baby too, it's so reassuring isn't it.

Moogle I am really not sure the little boy was diagnosed correctly as we have had a childs case of scarlet fever and now one of the staff has been told she may have symptoms of it too. Apparently scarlet fever causes no harm to the unborn baby and if do develop symptoms I would be prescribed antibiotics. Although I am glad to be tested for slapped cheek just in case. Very worrying though and takes ages for results to come back.

Hmcfeather I think I am going to give the whole Doppler thing a miss I would just end up worrying all the more.

Lisa Lou the weeks are flying by for me too, it's great x

Well I am feeling my 2 lil bubbas more and more each day it's just the most a axing feeling and I think I am so lucky to feel them so early, I can feel them with my hands now and the lil one on the right who I think is a girl kicked so hard that she actually moved the iPad, I was shocked, obviously telling me to stop resting iPad on her, poor little thing.

Well 20 week scan tomorrow and the get the keys to our new house, eek, so excited but so nervous too, probably won't have much time to get on here as have lots of painting to do.

X x xx

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Thursday, February 21st 2013, 8:36pm

Wow nic what an exviting day youve got tomorrow. .scan and new house!!! I hope all goes well, say hi to.your babies for us x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Thursday, February 21st 2013, 9:21pm

Enjoy your scan Nic, come back and tell all if you get the chance, I'm sure you'll be too excited with that and your house move!

RG - glad you're feeling a little better, another few days and you'll be fighting fit again x

Lisa Lou - your week with your nephew sounds fun. Nothing planned this weekend for me other than getting to the gym!

Hmcfeather - I mange to give up caffeine, I've moved to Lavazza decaf, it's really good, but every few days can't turn down a diet coke. I'm sure the little caffeine from it here and there is ok x

Love to Moogle, Cherlou, Amazing Grace, Redwillow and anyone else I've missed blowkiss xxx

Thursday, February 21st 2013, 10:15pm

Aw just watched one born, I turn into a blubbering mess every time.

I will pop back on tomorrow at so e point and let you all know how it's goes, I would love to find out what we are having, if we don't find out tomorrow we will be booking a 4d and gender scan in the next couple weeks woo hoo, I think girl on the right and boy on left, don't know why, I am usually wrong though. DH thinks its 2 boys. I don't care what we have as long as all is healthy x

Catch up soon ladies, have a flabby Friday tomorrow x x x

Thursday, February 21st 2013, 10:16pm

Sorry ladies, fabby not flabby, silly iPad x x x

What's Up?

Thursday, February 21st 2013, 11:21pm

Nic good luck for scan and new house too. How exciting : D hope you get to find out the gender too x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 11:33am

Hope the scan goes well today Nic and those babies behave themselves for you. x

Lisa, good for you looking after your nephew for a week. Mine is only 5 and never stops, he'd run me ragged but it would be lovely to see him for a whole week but my sis lives in Chippenham and i'm in East Scotland so dont get to see him much (or my 2 gorgeous nieces). DH is in the RAF though, so we'll be back down south in the future, that's where most of our postings are. Got a shopping trip in Edinburgh planned for the weekend. x

Hmcfeather, surely it's a personal choice that you get the flu jab? I suppose it is your GP's job to advise you strongly to get it but i wouldn't have thought he could make you. It's obviously safer not to take risks though. I knew that the vaccine is not live and my nurse told me that you can get the "sniffles" after and because our immune systems are lower when pregnant, i guess that is why so many of us end up poorly. Just a pity that the "sniffles" turn into a great big sodding cold!! Fingers crossed you are fine when you do eventually have yours. xfingers x

Moogle hun, thanks for the honey tip, will give it a go. Even though cold is lifting i'll still try it, i love honey!! x

Hiya to EE, AG, Cherlou, Redwillow and everyone else i've missed. Have a great weekend.

blowkiss xxx

What's Up?

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 12:17pm

RG of course it is a personal choice and he can't force me. I can just picture him running after me with the needle trying to jab me :snigger: Suppose I just never really thought of it being more than the seasonal flu. I will definitely think about it when I get my whooping cough jab. He did say that with the unprecendented rise in whooping cough this year it is really important to get WC vaccine when we are between 28-30 weeks as this will provide some immunity for baby when they are born to 8 weeks when they get their own jabs for it. This is definitely different from last time when it was not mentioned to me.

Anyone else really impatient to hold their baby in their arms right now? I am not tempting fate or wishing for LO to be born early I just can't wait to hold her in my arms and look at her. I love being pregnant just so want it to be start of June now and then I know it will only be a couple of days until I meet her :D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hmcfeather" (Feb 22nd 2013, 12:18pm)

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 1:59pm

Yeah Hmc, i'm definitely getting the whooping cough jab. When i was nursing I looked after very young babies with whooping cough and it was really scary to see them struggling for breath so definitely a :thumbsup: on that one.

I'm very impatient to meet my little one but for very different reasons. Wish i could enjoy this pregnancy but it's really tough.

blowkiss xxx

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 2:48pm

Hiya all it's a nightmare here right now but hey ho.

I have decided not to have the flu jab as it always makes me soo ill last time I ended up in hospital so am not doing that again but I will deffo have the whooping cough jab
Sory for lack of personals but am stressing here as my sil has moved in and it is horrendous and we are trying to find her a flat super fast!

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

What's Up?

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 3:21pm

Oh I totally understand RG there is always something to worry about and just generally fret about. I know that really I should relax as so far everything has been perfect but can't help but worry about her not growing as well as she should. When I say I love being pregnant - I love my bump and feeling the movement and knowing that I am growing a little person inside me but yes I will be able to relax better when she arrives. It is weird because I promised myself if all was good by 20 weeks I would relax a little, then it became 24 weeks and then I would relax and now it's 28 weeks!!

RW - hope you get that flat sorted out sharpish for your yucky sil : D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 6:58pm

I'm not entirely sure I feel pregnant yet....maybe it'll change when I feel movement, and I have a definite bump and not just a massive waist and boobs!?

6 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

6 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE