You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Friday, February 8th 2013, 11:24am

Awww moogle ur havin a girl congrats. An I know yeah suppose that's what's so good about this site people understand how u feel... I got another 3 weeks to wait for my 20wk scan yet boooo lol just can't wait ha ha haven't a clue what I'm having as some things are the same as when I had my daughter and some things are different so we will see! X
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Friday, February 8th 2013, 12:22pm

Thanks hun, it's still sinking in - I was sure we were having another boy! Will you find out at your next scan? ;)

Oh I see! Sorry silly me!

Not at all and not needed! I haven't posted about my losses on this thread (save the sad stuff for my diary :-( ) We've been getting well looked after this pregnancy, so I'm sure they'll do everything possible to get this little one home safely. And it's kind of nice, though a bit scary nailbite , knowing I'm not going to be preggers for a full 9 months!

Lxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Friday, February 8th 2013, 12:26pm

Yes hopefully will but they couldn't tell with my daughter so hoping this ones legs aren't crossed lol x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Friday, February 8th 2013, 1:58pm

Sorry meant to say aswell I bet it is scary but all for the best I'm sure! X

Friday, February 8th 2013, 7:12pm

Awwww Moggle that is just lovely - a little girl! So precious. Xxx

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Friday, February 8th 2013, 7:47pm

Another little girl congratulations moogle

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Friday, February 8th 2013, 9:24pm

Aww Moogle fab news... U must be delighted!!! Xxxx
My scan isn't until next Friday. Went to docs tonight as had convinced myself something had gone wrong but got to hear the heartbeats so feel little better. Just wish I felt more pregnant u know!! Want to feel them so much now. I'm still sick here and there and have a growing tummy so guess there is that. So bloody worrying isn't it!!

Off to bed as shattered. Night night everyone xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Friday, February 8th 2013, 9:47pm

Thanks for the welcome Moogle and Westmids blowkiss

Moogle - congratulations on your little lady x

Westmids - I'm the same, I think our scan is 19 weeks + 4 days, it seems ages away but I'm sure time will fly. We've decided not to find out what we're having, it's unlikely that we'll be able to have another baby so we thought we'd wait to find out what we're having x

Cherlou - I know what you mean about wanting to feel them, but it sounds like your growing bump and sadly your occasional sickness shows they're doing just fine. It won't be long before you're getting booted, and by two of them!

AFM I had my flu jab on Tuesday, and ever since I've had a stinking head cold. I was told I might get a cold, but it's really floored me :headache hey ho, it's only a cold and should go in a few days.

xxx

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Friday, February 8th 2013, 10:52pm

Great to see you in here EE, how are you keeping x

Moogle, a precious little girl.

Cherlou that's great they let you hear babies heart beats, they just won't even humour me with the Doppler although think I am going to pop to hospital tomorrow as been having lots braxton hicks and I will demand to be seen. Fed up with getting palmed off over the phone, don't they know how precious our little ones are to us and how lucky we are to even be pregnant. Rant over, sorry.

I have another 2 weeks to wait till our scan and it just can't come quick enough lol x

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Friday, February 8th 2013, 11:36pm

Oh Moogle a little girl. I may be just a little biased but pinkies are great. And congrats on the 20 week milestone : D

Nic I would feel the same. I didn't do it first time around but I bought my own Doppler this time and I love it. Find it so reassuring.

Welcome EE. We weren't meant to find out but it was pretty obvious there was no little willy :snigger: Sorry you're felling poorly. I was meant to get the flu jab last week as I've a little bit of mixed feelings about getting it but I was sick. Still feel bit poo with a bad cough. Hope you are on the mend soon.

Afm - little lady has and still is going mad today with the kicks. It's been going all day. I love feeling her movement :idea:
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Cherlou

Superstar

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 7:08am

Nic definitely go for reassurance. Hopefully give u reassurance. I've not had anything like that so any help but I know others have said its all normal. R u on any meds. I'm still (yuck) on cyclogest, clexane an aspirin and am sure the cyclogest is meant to help with BH as my friend got kept on hers longer than normal cos she was having them. Can u feel them yet nic?
Hmc oo am jealous of the kicking!! So glad all going well with ur little miracle.
EE your moving along so fast hun! How u feeling?

Cleaning planned today... How dull! Dh painting our bedroom but won't let me help x
Xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 10:11am

Thanks ladies, I just love you all. I think you are the only people and family and friends of course that know how precious our little ones are. I was going to buy a Doppler just the angel sounds one then thought I would leave it till after 20 weeks scan.

Cherlou I wasn't really on any meds for the cycle at all just crinone gel till I got my positive and that was it really, now I am on aspirin because multiple and ivf pregnancy to help with pre eclampsia, 5 mg folic acid and now just iron tablets and vitamin d but nothing to do with cycle really. I started feeling little flutters from about 14 weeks but could easily have passed them off for gas, still have them but not every day, they are becoming more frequent now over last couple of days but still little light flutters rather than kicks etc. I am very in tune with my body though and feel every little change that happens pregnant or not. Everybody is completely different and some don't feel any movement at all till after 20 weeks. My friend is pregnant not twins though and hadn't felt anything by 23 weeks and it is to do with the position of the placenta, it has been acting as a cushion hence not feeling the movements.

Well I have decided to go hospital, they will probably huckle me out and put a red line through my name, I had several hicks through the night and just want reassured that out lil ones are ok. I understand that braxton hicks are normal but all the literature says get checked out if more than 4 in an hour which I can have. I will just explain how long we have waited and that I have been getting very anxious about them and feel something may be wrong, being anxious and getting upset can't be good for the babies or me, or DP for that matter, so just looking for reassurance. Maybe I am just neurotic x x x

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 10:20am

So pleased to hear you are going to go up and get seen. You are not being neurotic at all and your babies depend on you to notice how things are going. Let us know how you get on. Xxx

Moogle

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 12:46pm

Nic, that's really good you're heading up to the hospital. I'm sure everything will be absolutely perfect, but I know it's so hard not to worry and you have every right to be seen just to have that peace of mind. Will be thinking about you. I have the Angelsounds doppler by the way, we've always found it pretty good, though I always need DH to find the HB as I'm cack at it and end up stressing out even more! :rollseyes:

Sorry Cher, thought it was this Friday! Great you got to hear your LO's at the docs though, it'll not be long till you see them at the next scan : D

Lovely you're getting lots of movement Heather :)

Mine is having a lazy day so far today, but am trying not to overreact as she was a busy bumblebee yesterday! We'll be keeping our pinky news secret, except for you guys of course :) But that's what we did with the boys so I'm sure we can mange to keep schtum again - it's only for a few months after all... Bit disappointed today as DH has let me know he'll be on a course in London on 5th March, which - you guessed it - is the date of our next scan :rollseyes: Well, I've told him I can't change it as our cons only scans on Tues and Thurs, and I work away from home on Thursdays. So, he'll be missing out again - hey-ho.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! xxx

Cherlou

Superstar

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 3:52pm

Aww what a pain moggle. Bet he hates missing it. Meant to say my resultsce back and I'm most likely immune. Phew right!!
Nic I think ur right ref placenta...maybe mines at front? My doctor and midwife told me not to get a Doppler as I was determined too. They said I would drive myself insane and that it's v v difficult to identify two heart beats as how can u know u r hearin g them separately. Sometimes I still think I would like one but I also know myself and I am such a worrier that if I couldn't get both heartbeats id be crying and running to docs. So think I will try not to if I can. I know lots of women with twins have managed tho...think it depends on how level headed u r!! I'm too much of a worrier xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 4:14pm

Nic - I'm with the others, best to head to hospital, they have to see you, and you'll get the reassurance you need.

Heather - right now I'm wanting if the flu jab was a good idea, I'm told its supposed to stop the baby from getting it but when I'm feeling so rubbish it's hard to see the benefits! What made you decide against it?

Doppler chat - I'm super tempted too, DP is against it though and like some of you say, I'm not that sure I'd find the heartbeat and then just go bananas :chortle: so for now I think I'll wait, maybe change my mind after the next scan.

xxx

Reg: Jan 10th 2012

Children: None

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 6:02pm

Hello Ladies,

Hope you don't mind me popping in to say hello to some old cycle buds, can't believe you're in your second tri already :weehee:
I promise you all things improve & you'll all start to peak soon. I had an awful start to my pregnancy & thought the sickness would never pass, but it did & despite now looking like i've stuffed a space hopper up my top I've grown to love my pregnancy lurve Also your babies will soon be moving around daily giving you all the reassurance you need, no need for dopplers & the anxiety of trying the find your babies HB.
:goodluck: ladies & love to you all & your bumps :xxx:

1st IVF cycle Feb 2012 :BFN: :sniff:

2nd IVF cycle July 2012 :BFP: bab22

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Cherlou (09.02.2013)

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 7:39pm

Funny u should all be talking about the dopplers as I have just purchased one myself the angelsounds one actually from ebay but just waiting for it to be delivered prob be monday. I will prob pannick if I can't get hb but I pannick anyway when I don't feel the flutters for a day or so so personally I'm glad I've got one on the way to me think I would be pannicking more! Lol.

Nic have u been hosp?

Meant to say people on my maternity notes it says I'm not immune to rubella... When I was immune in my other pregnancies so can the immunity wear off? Anyone know? X

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 7:57pm

Westmidsgirl - not sure about the rubella immunity - I would have thought immunity would have stayed, but really not sure.

Nic - hope you got on ok xxx

Sazlou - nice of you to pop in! Hope all is well with you!

EE - so lovely to see you in here!! I don't think I'll bother with the flu jab, but I'm going to speak to midwife about it. Hope you feel better soon. I'm not getting a Doppler, didn't have one with N either, but I did borrow my friends occasionally. I would get obsessed with it! Plus it is actually really hard to find the actual heartbeat and not yours or the placenta rush. It would stress me out more I think!

Cherlou - so pleased to hear you have come back immune!

Moogle - so good that you can keep the gender a secret! There is no way I can! We've not announced it on Facebook, but are telling people if they ask!

Xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amazing Grace" (Feb 9th 2013, 7:59pm)

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 8:04pm

Well girls I ended up going to hospital and initially I was the only person there but felt like a bit of a fraud as I had very little braxton hicks in the morning, typical. They were actually very very lovely and I am so glad they went. They gave me a scan so we got to see our little bubbas which was amazing and so detailed. They were jumping around, one twin head down and the other breech. As far as braxton hicks go they didnt really do or say much, just that if they didnt settle or got painful, or if any show of blood to go back, they would rather i was in 20 times with twin pregnancy than wait till too late. The consultant did say that if preterm labour was ever to begin there wouldn't really be anything they could do at this stage however he would prefer me in hospital than at home. Very honest with me but I am so so glad I got to see our little cherubs, our breech baby was kicking our other lil one in the head, poor thing.
Its only another 2 weeks till our anomaly scan and then later that week we have our high risk appointment at the twin clinic and from there on I will be scanned every 4 weeks which I think will reassure me x x x

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 8:17pm

That's brill nic so pleased for u that everything is ok! The twin kicking the other I'm sure that's a sign of things to come in the future for u lol.

Amazing grace that's what I thought... Wondered if they may have got it wrong as midwife said I will have to be immunised at the hospital after I have baby but I know I am up to date with jabs and had the mmr when younger how odd! X

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 8:28pm

Westmidsgirl - it would be worth raising it again with them - seems a bit odd!

Nic - so pleased all is fine and you are feeling more reassured. I laughed at your LO kicking the other in the head! A sign of times to come with all their rough and tumble!

Xxx

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Sunday, February 10th 2013, 1:47pm

Hi girls just a.quickie as on my phone, we had gender scan yesterday and we are having another gorgeous little boy!! So very excited I cant wait to meet him x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Sunday, February 10th 2013, 5:07pm

Nic - I'm so pleased everything is just fine, although not for one of your twins by the sounds of things :winking: Are you having your care in Stirling now?

Lisa Lou - congratulations, a lovely little boy :biggrin:

I've been on the John Lewis site, they have a handy nursery checklist, I thought rather than printing it I would add everything to basket.....ended up at £2.5k! Goodness! My SIL asked if I wanted her Moses basket and stand, I've just texted her back to say yes! :teehee: Any advice on what is essential and what I can ignore at birth is greatly appreciated from some of you second time mums. We're not planning on buying anything yet, but we were figuring out my maternity pay which is pretty awful, so thought we'd do a baby budget too. Quite an eye opener, but all worth it :biggrin:

xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Easter eggs" (Feb 10th 2013, 5:10pm)

Sunday, February 10th 2013, 7:15pm

Lisa Lou - congratulations on your little boy!

EE - to be honest you don't need all that much with a baby! They really just need you! People will recommend stuff, but it really depends on your baby. I'd recommend getting a good sling, DD loved being in it. A good bouncy chair and play mat. If you are planning to breastfed, buy lots of nipple cream and start applying now, its meant to help. Also, vest tops with clips stops belly on show. I wore one everyday under my normal clothing and it worked really well. Vest too and bra clipped down and top/blouse came up, was very discrete too. If bottle feeding Dr Brown bottles worked very well for us once DD went onto bottles at 10 months. A good video and sound monitor, ours had a thermometer on it which was also handy. I also used the angelcare movement monitor, but more for reassurance when DH was away. People said get loads of muslin cloth and I did, but hardly used them as DD wasn't a sicky, messy baby. I bought an expensive mobile for above the cot and DD didnt like that sort of stimulation at sleep times! i had a cheapo mobile i got from IKEA above the changing mat that went down a treat though! Get a good wool blanket made of thin proper wool for swaddling your baby, that worked better for us than any swaddle blanket. Baby bath with a baby seat. I'd highly recommend an Oi Oi changing mat, mine comes everywhere with me still! I have a pacapod changing bag, which is also excellent.

I had loads of different books about parenting and after DD was born realised I'd not read anything about what to do with the baby after the birth! I found Gina Ford timings helpful as to when I should roughly feed my baby etc, but again this varies for child to child. Largely I really wasn't a fan of hers. We kinda stuck to the EASY routine in the baby whisperer. A friend told me to stop reading the books and read my baby and that was the BEST bit if advice anyone gave me. They are all different.

In terms of clothes get loads of baby gros and a few hats, scratch mits, socks and think practical. It's amazing how much baby clothes is really not! Get a good all in one suit for going out and about. I got a good one from Asda for about £8! Apparently the star suit is meant to be good, I'm going to get one for this LO.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know! Xxx

Cherlou

Superstar

Sunday, February 10th 2013, 9:00pm

Jeez grace that's so much! I must confess like EE I don't have a clue about what to buy/what I need! And I have to buy two of everything.... Crap!!!! Money tree needed xxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Cherlou

Superstar

Sunday, February 10th 2013, 9:00pm

Oops sorry Lisa meant to say fab news on ur lil boy xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Moogle

Sunday, February 10th 2013, 10:32pm

:weehee:
Lots of good news!

So pleased all went well at the hospital Nic, the scan sounds amazing : D
Cher, I am really happy to hear you're immune - such a relief to have that weight off your mind :thumbsup:
Congrats on your little blue one Lisa! :boy:
AG hun, I haven't even announced my pregnancy on FB let alone anything else! Though the bump's hardly a secret if anyone sees me in "real life" ;)

EE, AG is right, babies really don't need that much: you, some nappies and a warm place to sleep for starters. Obviously the pram, and I used my sling a lot in the early months too. We just bought a basic baby monitor (sound only) but it's still going strong now, and I have to say we never used the baby bath that much, I found it easier to just use the big bath. But we and our babies are all different of course : D I had lots of little bodysuits for F - the ones that popper between the legs (short sleeves, long sleeves, vest type) - great for keeping everything together, I think I put him in one every single day until we started toilet training! Fancy wee baby clothes are adorable, but half the time they're not that comfy in them, and they either get spoiled or never worn! Baby sleeping bags are good if you have a blanket-kicker like mine was, and I wish I'd bought a blackout blind earlier. A booby-pump is handy for expressing, but that can come later, if you choose. A wee comforter toy or blankie, they'll especially love it if you sleep with it for a while before LO is born so it has your mummy-scent. Fin has slept with his FP seahorse since we brought him home from hospital and still does now. Join lots of baby clubs for free nappies, wipes etc - the Boots one gives you a free changing bag, which is really ok - a bit small but fine to get started with. I kind of worked from the Mothercare checklist when we were expecting F, but in the end I never bought half the things on it - and we still had plenty!

Aww that's just taking me back now, I can't wait to do it all again : D

Take care everyone xxxx

Monday, February 11th 2013, 6:20pm

Well ladies can u believe this?! I took my little girl to school earlier and slipped and fell on the slush/snow/ice at the school gates! I complained asking if they were going to clear it and apparently they do not clear snow from the schools anymore because if they do an someone still slips they are then liable! But it doesn't matter to them about a pregnant woman falling over on their grounds! I was and still am furious! Told them if that's the case then its not safe to bring my daughter to school! They are just a joke I cannot believe it! X

Monday, February 11th 2013, 8:20pm

Omg that it shocking westmidsgirl. Hope your ok my luv x x x

Wow been reading all your lists, it's amazing what you need and then again there are many things that don't need till babies are bigger, good job as we are moving house this month too, have been looking online for things but can't bring myself to buy anything, maybe once 20 or 24 Week scan then can feel better bout buying things.

Starting to feel lil bubbas more frequently now, luv it, it's the most amazing feeling in the world, that's if it's not gas lol x x x

Monday, February 11th 2013, 9:45pm

I think with buying stuff, if you live near shops, just get the basics and then get stuff as and when you need it. We live abroad and everything is so expensive here that we did get everything just Incase. Babies just need boobies/milk of sort, sleep and lots of close cuddles in the beginning. It is such a lovely time.

The one thing I would recommend doing is filling your freezer with home made meals. I made soups, quiche, lasagnes, curries, cottage pies etc and DH and I hardly cooked for about a month! It was lovely being able to just take something out and concentrate on being a little family, rather than standing in the kitchen. I even made cookies and muffins for guests. Lots of my friends brought us meals too and this is a great thing to get people to do if they want to help out.

Moogle - I haven't announced the pregnancy on FB either! Some friends here guessed before we told family and people who see me will instantly know I'm pregnant. There will be lots of shocked faces when we go home!

Westmidsgirl - hope you are ok?

Nic - it really is so lovely when you start to feel the baby(ies) move. So special! Are you in Stirling? I used to live in Riverside once upon a time!

All is well. We are busy packing up and i am being very ruthless with the clearout! I have gone through DD's clothes since she was born and put stuff aside suitable for baby and kept a box of clothes for her memory box, but the rest i'm washing to give to my god daughter to be. House valuation came through today and was 50 grand more than we were expecting! Brightened our day as we've had bad luck with our car, which is knackered, well and truly. Good friends have loaned us one of theirs until we leave as it isn't worth us fixing ours or getting another seeing as we are leaving. So nice of them.

DH thinks I'm starting to bloom! It's about flimming time! Xxx

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Monday, February 11th 2013, 10:00pm

Wow it's been busy in here!
Nic I am glad you are doing ok and the twins are already fighting!!
Cher glad you are immune
Lisa congrats on another boy.
EE my main advice would be try to go to nearly new sales with the NCT I got most of the stuff for my ds from there and it was a great price. Also ebay has been my favourite place to buy things. I got a sling that normally cost £70 for £7 for this baby and a buggy muff for £10 normally £50 and it is brand new!
Moogle it's amazing you have been able to keep it quiet we wanted to it was just not possible too many people knew we were having treatment and now my bump also gives the game away!
West Midlands I hope you are ok that is terrible
AG glad things are going well I am also being ruthless whilst sorting things out we need to make more space!

Sorry if I missed anyone I got a bit behind :whistling:

AFM I am doing well I can not believe that my DP has still not ask what our baby is!! So at the moment I know and you guys know! She is sooooo stubborn just because she feels the private scan is a waste of money since I have had it done she might as well know!!!

Anyway I hope you guys have a good week.

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

Moogle

Monday, February 11th 2013, 10:14pm

That's outrageous Westmids, really hope it wasn't a bad fall. You ok? So going by your daughter's school, we shouldn't even consider clearing snow off our neighbours driveways, or shovelling it from the pavements outside our homes, in case we end up liable? Grrr, it's madness.

Nic, lovely you're getting lots of movement from the little ones, so reassuring isn't it?

AG, glad to hear you are blooming and all is going well with your moving prep - great news about the valuation. You were very organised with all those frozen meals - I had the best intentions of doing that but never quite managed... fab idea though, much better than living on ready-meals for 3 months! Do you think you will announce your news on FB? I can't decide whether to or not this time... PM me hun if you like and I'll add you - that goes for you other lovely ladies too!

RW, good to hear all's well with you - surely your DP will cave eventually? Deep down she must be desperate to ask eh? ;)

I'm afraid I'm not blooming in the slightest this time round. Far from it - I look as rough as a badger's a*se! And as big as a bus. Ach well, it'll all be worth it. How about everyone else? ;)

Lxxx

Tuesday, February 12th 2013, 11:43am

Hey yeah I'm ok just hurt my arm an side... An everyone stood and stared not one person offered to help or ask if I was ok. Hubby was there but he dislocated his shoulder last week so arm is in a sling so he could only help me one handedly lol oh dear not had a lot of luck lately! An I know moogle it is absoloutley ridiculous! They are not allowed to clear the snow but they can open the school its just ridiculous really is!

On a lighter note my doppler arrived today and its amazing heard babys heartbeat thudding away lol.

X

Cherlou

Superstar

Tuesday, February 12th 2013, 6:16pm

Glad ur ok WMgirl...think our school is similar. We r allowed to shovel paths through the snow but that's about it. It's the law gone crazy. Our local supermarket used to be the same and wouldn't clear car park of snow as it made them liable if there were an accident! Crazy!!
Very jealous of ur Doppler...am still so tempted xx
Moogle I bet u look just find. Not sure if I'm glowing...just permanently tired!! Starting feeling a little breathless the last few days...not sure why. I also have little red marks on my cheeks...been there or weeks. So that's my glow!!
Rw must be so hard u knowing and ur dp not. Am sure u will end up telling her!!
Grace that's such a good idea ref the food. Think I will try to do that for sure. Glad packing going well xxxx

Getting lil nervous for Fridays scans...I just so hope they r both ok.
Pancakes tonight ladies. How many is too many???

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Tuesday, February 12th 2013, 6:48pm

Thanks for the shopping tips girls, and about starting with the nipple cream now, I'll check that out!!

Westmidsgirl - I hope you're ok, I'm more shocked that no one helped you up, how awful that people can be so heartless.

Cherlou - I can't wait to hear your scan news, your little ones will be just perfect. Had pancakes at work today, we did a Great British bake off style tasting session, they were yummy. Ones with mashed bananas and cinnamon in the batter won, yum!

Moogle - I'm like you, but for me it's being full of the cold with a big red nose.

I'm still feeling sorry for myself, can't believe this cold has gone on so long. Headed home early from work for an afternoon sleep. I'm feeling better but still bunged up :poorly: fingers crossed another 12 hour sleep tonight will sort me out!

Love to Nic, AG and Redwillow and anyone else I've missed blowkiss

xxx

Tuesday, February 12th 2013, 7:25pm

Evening ladies

Wow AG that's a fab idea about the pre cooked meals, think I will plan to do that as I will try anything to spend time in kitchen when I know we will be so busy.

Wow I am jealous too of the Doppler westmidsgirl but I know I would freak out if I couldn't find the heart beat but I am still in 2 minds.

EE I am so sorry you are feeling so rubbish, I didn't get the flu jab and been lucky so far but there is still time, had a bit of cold that didnt come to much.

Don't know about pregnancy glow, I keep having breakouts in spots especially my back and chest, not many but enough to notice.

Aw cherlou we have our scan next Friday and I cannot wait although we will be nervous. We are also getting the keys to our new house on that day too, so busy day.

Funny you guys are talking about announcements on Facebook, I still haven't either, many people already know and let's face it i cannot hide my bump, not that I want to, I am loving wearing tight tops and flaunting my special cargo. DH actually didn't even want to tell family we were having twins, he wanted to tell everyone we pregnant then wait till everyone came to visit once babies born so they would all get a surprise ha ha, no way I could keep that a secret, although it would be hilarious x x x

Moogle and red willow it's an amazing feeling seeing and feeling bubbas even though they might be fighting already x x x

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 11:02am

Hey yeah I know it is shocking and the people not offering help or asking if I was ok really annoyed me!

As for the doppler its great had a game at first finding the heartbeat but found it after a few minutes and my daughter was trying to use it on her belly then lol bless her!

I haven't really got a "glow" either and don't think I had one with my daughter either lol. And don't think I will choose to have the flu jab either as I know a lot of people who have had it and it really knocked them about. Cherlou hope ur scans go ok but I'm sure they will!

Amazing grace loving ur idea about the food!

I want to try breast feeding this time round too so I may get the nipple cream early too lol the things us women go through! X

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 12:24pm

Afternoon Ladies, please may i join you here in 2nd tri chat? I'm currently 13 +4 weeks so pretty new. Some of you will know that this is a massive step for me coming in here but i've read a good few of your posts and everyone is so friendly and positive it's about time i started to accept this pregnancy is going ok. Actually just had my letter from the hospital following my nuchal scan and am so pleased to have come back low risk.

So, here i am. :hi: Lovely to see you all finding out what you're having. I'm convinced i'm having another girl but we're not going to bother finding out (unless its very obvious at our anomoly scan).

Just wanted to say Westmidsgirl, i was told by my midwife that you can lose your rubella immunity over time so that's maybe what has happened to you.

EE, i had my flu jab a week and a half ago and am still feeling like poop!! :poorly: Beginning to think that the runny nose is now pregnancy related but i'm definitely not 100%.

Love to AG, Moogle and everybody else. Look forward to getting to know you all.

blowkiss xxx

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 12:45pm

Hi Rallygirl of course u can join not that u need to ask... Welcome! Ahhh I wondered if it could be that there is my answer then lol. Happy for u that ur downs screening came back low risk. I haven't found out what I'm having yet and won't until 5thmarch not too long to wait now an well that is if they can tell this time they couldn't with my daughter as she had her legs crossed lol. X

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 1:35pm

A huge welcome to the second trimester chat RG! So lovely to see you in here! Wonderful news about your nuchal scan results.

Hello to everyone else! Xxx

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 7:23pm

Great to see you in here RG blowkiss and wonderful news about your nuchal test results.

xxx

Cherlou

Superstar

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 8:07pm

Welcome rally girl xxx

Ok ladies I have a question!! So far I have only bought maternity jeans as leggings and am still wearing normal clothes. Starting to grow a bit so tried on some maternity trousers and they hung of me. Ordered what looked like a really pretty dress from too shop off ebay, in my size. It arrived...I tried it on and it's a total sack. Can't see how I will ever fit in it...not until the end anyhow. So what's the answer? What am I suppose to wear? Maternity too big/normal becoming too small!!! Was so looking forward to getting new wardrobe but can't believe how massive the maternity stuff is!!

Xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 8:27pm

Hi Cher, I wonder if buying a size or two up before maternity clothes is a good idea. I guess after baby(ies) arrives our tummies won't go back to normal very quickly, so we'll need a size up then too? You're way ahead of me, and with two in there too, but I'm already feeling my jeans and work trousers tightening, and my belt is 3 holes wider than it used to be!

Cherlou

Superstar

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 8:40pm

Yeah maybes that's a good idea. Or possibly a size smaller in maternity. The most difficult thing I find is no shops stock maternity...it's all online. So u can't try things on. I only found new look and too shop had any. 3 belt holes is good going, my jeans haven't fit in weeks!!

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Moogle

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 9:50pm

So happy to see you in here Rally! I felt the same way honey - it is a massive step, but I think a really healthy one too. Great news on your nuchal results, and I hope you're feeling a bit less sniffly soon :)

Cher, going down a size in maternity clothes is a really good idea. I've had to do that before, and this time because I was a bit chunkier than usual before I fell pregnant I decided to buy size 12 maternity jeans from ebay... and they are humungous! Even the legs are big and baggy - I'm not growing a baby in my ruddy knees! Other than that, I guess leggings and joggies are the way to go ;)

Dashing off now as it's my 5am commute up north tomorrow, so will catch up with you all at the weekend. Take care everyone xxxx

What's Up?

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 1:04pm

Welcome RG it's great to see you here blowkiss

Cherlou you can buy from mothercare, M&Ps places a thing that you add to your button at the waistband that means you can close over your trousers and most have some material that fits behind so you aren't flashing your pants to the world. They can be a great tool at that inbetween stage. Sorry can't remember the proper name for it!! With twins you will definitely need the maternity clothes as you progress. It depends on you but I wouldn't go buying a lot of clothes in larger size than you normally wear. I found within weeks of having my girls that I was back in my old clothes. Just too busy to eat I guess so weight dropped off :snigger:

WMG - sorry to hear of your fall and even worse that no-one even came over to see if you were ok. I love my doppler. I manage to find hb very easily everytime. Secret for me is that the hb is always loudest way down low sort of where my belly starts to stick out. My girls love listening to their tummies as well. I had to laugh one of my girlies asked me did that mean she had a baby in her belly too when she heard her own hb :snigger:

Can't remember who it was who asked about the stuff needed for new baby. It can be very expensive when you add it all up. We did have our nursery ready for the girls coming home but tbh with babies staying in our room until they were 6 months the nursery didn't need done up until then so it can be a way of spreading out the cost. With the twins one of our biggest help was a changing trolley that meant our backs weren't broken changing the girls and it was a place to store all nappies, cream etc.

We also bought loads of nappies when Tescos and Asda had their baby events as they are half price and you go through so many that it is frightening. Once I get to about 30 weeks this time I will do the same with nappies and cotton wool.

We also didn't have enough baby gros to start as with them being sick over them we seem to go through about 6 a day and same with blankets getting puke on them!! Gosh it is bringing it all back to me talking about it.

We recently bought a starter pack of bottles, sterliser etc for new baby as it was half price so sometimes it is just about being brave and buying stuff on offer. I do hope to breastfeed this time, although last time neither would latch on properly and they were too small to leave them to learn so hosptial told me to bottle feed them or they would end up on feeding tubes. An easy choice really but I combined expressing and bottle feed so they got the best of both worlds.

AFM- I am suffering liek CB with a cold/chest infection that just won't seem to be away. Sometimes I think I am going to cough so much that baby will fall out. I am finally going to the docs tomo as think I really do need an antibiotic. My throat is so sore and raw. I've tried to be brave long enough :D

Baby is kicking away loads these days and she must be getting bigger, apart from my tummy being quite sizeable now but the kicks/punchs come up quite high now rather than all being very low down. Last time I found the kicks and moving tunny quite weird but this time I just like the reassurance that it brings that she is being active in there :D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hmcfeather" (Feb 14th 2013, 1:06pm)

What's Up?

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 1:05pm

PS Happy Valentine's Day ladies xxx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 1:18pm

Thank you for the lovely welcome ladies. You're right Moogle, i think joining this group will definitely help me to look much more positively at my pregnancy.

Hmcfeather, i'm jealous, cant wait to start feeling my little one wriggling, got a few weeks yet. Funnily enough, i've been at the docs this morning and she swabbed my throat cos it's red raw and really sore. Just wanted to check there's definitely an infection there before she gives me any AB's. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Well, i'm spending Valentine's Day alone as Phil is rallying on the Isle of Man this weekend. I dont mind, it really is his wee obsession in life and he doesn't get to go away that often.

Take care lovely ladies.

blowkiss xxx

What's Up?

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 6:44pm

Me too RG I'm on my own tonight. Well once girls are in bed as DH is on nights tonight. He was very sweet he got up at half 6 this morning, made me a cuppa and got my lunch ready for me, checked car and gave me my card and pressie. Was v sweet x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

11 users apart from you are browsing this thread: