You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Wednesday, November 14th 2012, 8:50am

Good morning ladies,

WAylou- My lordy i hope you are ok seemed like you had a rough ride over the weekend you rest up and dont do one thing until you are in the clear. But :congrats: on the baby7 you and Lucyloo and trying to even the side up with all the girls.

Net- Thanks for your kindness i was having a bad day the other day but we managed to sort out a bit about the house we are gonna put down foundations and just take it slow at building and see how we get on. Good to hear how strong and big your bubs is getting i must remember at my 30 week scan to find out the weight i havent asked yet duh me but i do know at 23 weeks she had a body circumference of 189.7mm which is nearly 19cm round and her head was 169mm nearly 17cm sound sore already lmao

Kittenlove- i so admire you your the only one who had the strength not to find out wat your LO was you are waiting on the :xmas3: . Its also good to see how big your LO is getting as well.

Hope everyone else is doing well

AFM- nothing really to report have started taking my holidays which means im only working wed and thurs for the next few weeks. :clap Was at the midwife yesterday and had a wee student midwife too, they felt my little pudding in there grabbed each side of her head dont think she liked that too much but the student nurse was all fascinated and was so grateful i let her have a good feel. Apart from that nothing much apart from she moved alot over the last few days and hubby jumped a few times when he was touching my tummy as he too said it was something outta alien!!!!

Have a great day

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Wednesday, November 14th 2012, 6:39pm

Hi girls hope you are all well!

Waylou hope you are feeling ok? Xx

Cleo....aww bless the young midwife! I had a student midwife practice on me too.
Yes it has taken some willpower about not finding out the sex.....I'm feeling quite excited about finding out at the birth. Although I have a lot of lemon/ white baby clothes!

Xxx
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Reg: Jan 10th 2012

Children: None

Wednesday, November 14th 2012, 7:31pm

Hello ladies

We have another baby7 on board happydance had my scan yesterday & before they asked if we wanted to know the sex I caught sight of his little tackle whilst she was checking his spine :teehee: She quickly moved away from the area & asked if we wanted to know the sex, we said yes & she then zoomed onto a backside view & his 2 little plums which were dangling away merrily pmsl Started shopping for boys nursery stuff yesterday, I can't wait to get the nursery all sorted now smile2
Waylou - hope you're feeling much better?

Lucyloo - if it makes you feel better I haven't even thought about xmas presents yet, only interested in buying for baby at the moment bab11
Net - Hope you're well & thanks for popping into my diary blowkiss
Cleo - How lucky to cut down your hrs, I'm really struggling working full time & not sure how i'll cope as the weeks go on :sadface:

Kittenlove - I agree with the ladies, you're strong not giving in & finding out the sex, or are we just all impatient :innocent:

Love to anyone I've missed blowkiss
:xxx3:

1st IVF cycle Feb 2012 :BFN: :sniff:

2nd IVF cycle July 2012 :BFP: bab22

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 9:03am

Sazlou- Yeah on the baby7 its a mixed bag in here now....its all down to kittenlove when bubs is born to see which side wins LOL lmao . so happy for you and now you can shop til your hearts content. Hows the sick going? is it any easier now? Hope so!! I am lucky in a way that my hours are reduced but i do have a second job on the side so i am going to be taking on a few hours more in there, glutton for punishment but i feel ok still so im gonna do it whilst i can.

Kittenlove- i love the lemon and white though even though i know i am having a girl i havent bought one pink or girly thing yet ....because the sonographers are not always right and just in case im still buying neutral, i have to say though i love the olive and henri range of bedding and stuff from babies r us its olive greens and bieges and is ultimately the cutest i have ever seen if you do fancy a few more colours for nursery etc...im thinking t his for bubs and steering away from the pink at the mo.. Just wanna be doubly sure so i will ask again at the 30 week scan for confirmation..

Waylou-Have been thinking about you alot hope your doing ok and resting up

Lucyloo-no xmas shopping for me yet either just cant get motivated but have to get in the :xmas7: mood very shortly as i start my new job at start of december and dont fancy waiting til then might drag hubby next tuesday as we have to go to solicitor about house anyway!!!

Have a great day ladies

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 9:23am

oh and sorry i forgot the ps- are any of you killed with leg cramps at night and if so what do you do to relieve it cuz i swear im gonna crack up and it didnt help last night when i found a mouse in my bedroom and hubby was away working so i had to move to back room and spent the whole night tossing and turning :scream:

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: 1 daughter, 16 years old, new baby boy 10 weeks old

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 4:27pm

hi ladies how are we all xxxx
[zx076] :BFP: JUNE 2011 ectopic bigcloud

:BFP: seen @6 weeks [zx076] & 7 weeks & 10 weeks [zx115] also 13 weeks

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 5:06pm

Hello everyone

cleo - I don't get leg cramps but I get terrible restless leg syndrome at night - about 7/8pm every night - nightmare! Hope you're enjoying part time working.

Sazlou - congrats again on finding out you are team blue

Lucyloo - did you have your MW appointment?

Kittenlove = you have such willpower!

Hello Mrs A!

Hello everyone else

AFM not much to report. Off on holiday tomorrow for a week to the erm, sunny (!) Lake District. What with me being PG and the dog with his dodgy leg (they now think he might have a spinal cord problem - ;( ) I don't think we'll get much walking in, but still looking forward to getting away from work etc.

Haven't seen a MW/doctor in what feels like forever - not since 23+5 and won't now until 28+5 - seems a long way to go without seeing someone! Did have a scan last Friday though I suppose. Feeling Ok just sooooo tired all the time, like someone has shot me with a tranquilizer dart!

Hope you're all OK girlies.
xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 5:31pm

Evening ladies xx

Net...enjoy your holiday Hun x

Cleo.....I do get leg/foot cramps in bed at night. Usually it starts when I'm stretching my legs so I quickly point toes up towards my shins and it kind of stops it! It's horrible isn't it? I'm going to have a look and the olive & Henri stuff thanks x

Congrats sazlou xx

Hi everyone else

AFM I'm feeling quite good today. Apart from being so worried about my poor cat Louis :-( taking him to vets tonight,he's so poorly!

Net

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 6:05pm

Aw poor Louis - sorry to hear that Kittenlove, such a worry aren't they (and if you're anything like me he's like a member of the family). Horrible when they're ill. Hope he's ok. xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 7:28pm

Just back from vets... He's in too much pain to be examined so have to take him back in morning. He will have a sedative and they will look him over. She gave him a pain killer so hopefully that will help :-(

Thanks net for your sweet words x

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Friday, November 16th 2012, 7:22am

Hello ladies

Sazlou- woohoo another baby7 what a coincidence we are both having boys. How you getting on and have been shopping yet.

Kitten love - hope your cat feels better this morning. How's your lo comment along.

Cleo- well I have started my :xmas7: and I am nearly done managed to get most of it on wed sooner its finished sooner I can buy more baby things. How's the leg cramp I haven't suffered yet but did have a little accident involving my bladder yesterday.

Net - is there no way you can see your mw sooner. I see mine every couple of weeks. Hope your enjoying your holiday it will be nice to have a wee break.

Hope everyone else is well. have a good weekend

AFM - Christmas shopping started and got a bonus at work which means that the pressure is off for Christmas xmas38 .

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Net

Friday, November 16th 2012, 8:01am

Morning all

Kittenlove, how's Louis doing this morning?

Lucyloo - my MW was like 'don't need to see you again until 31 weeks' when I saw her at 24 weeks as I am seeing consultant at 28 weeks, I think she said 4 weeks is normal gap until you hit 30 weeks then they like to see you every 2 weeks (it's 5 weeks for me as on holiday this week unfortunately). I tried to get in yesterday but she's only at my GPs surgery every fortnight and yesterday was her week off. I'm sure all is Ok but I'd just like reassurance of hearing heartbeat and having my blood pressure taken I guess. I take comfort from the scan last week which was all normal and I can feel LO kicking away every day, but still, nice to have that reassurance isn't it. Next appointment is a week Wednesday, can't come too soon!

I have done absolutely NO Xmas shopping, or baby shopping really. I so need to get organised. Mind you I do start my mat leave from 32 weeks so hopefully will have lots of time to get baby stuff organised, as long as LO doesn't turn up early!! When are you all starting your mat leave? I wanted to go to 35 weeks but because of Christmas break I would have had to go back for about 6 days after Xmas and couldn't bear the thought of that so decided to finish earlier!

Have a lovely weekend everyone. Not sure if I'll have wifi in the Lakes so might speak to you all again in a week!
xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Friday, November 16th 2012, 8:48am

Hi all....
Louis just gone back to vets to have anesthetic to see what's wrong with him...will keep you posted.

Saw midwife yesterday,she said baby laying head down! I'm surprised because last Friday at my scan bubba was in breach position. Good news though.

When are you all leaving work? I'm going to try work right up to the day! My office at work is right next to delivery suite so I'm in the right place hehe .

Friday, November 16th 2012, 9:13am

net hope you have a fab break.
kitten hope your kitten is better after the veys.

i havent seen my midwife since 16 weeks im now 24 and seeing her next thursday seems forever and still not heard my baby boys heart beat dont like my midwife much lol, as for finishing work i have 5 days holidays left so using them 17th dec then xmas eve my maternity will start i wanted to stay longer ut my work days start at 12.30 and finish at 10pm so up at 6.30am so its a very ong day and my hubbie said nope your leaving as soon as poss lol, plus im not due til 6th march but have been warned i will prob have him 2 weeks early so middle of feb, so i can chillfor a few weeks and get everything up together before he arrives.

xx

Friday, November 16th 2012, 10:49am

Hello ladies, it's busy in here again thumbup

Cleo - hope your leg cramps are much better, I often get cramp in my toes & end up running around the house shouting out oooow arrrrrr :chortle: My baby book says leg/feet cramps are common in pregnancy & to walk about & do light leg stretches - not rocket science advice i'm afraid...

Kittenlove - I do hope your cat makes a full recovery, like Net said already they're such a worry, seeing them ill can be really upsetting :hugs:

Net - have a lovely break away in the Lakes, it's one of my favourite places to visit in England. We've gone for my Bday around Xmas for the passed 3 yrs & it's snowed everytime making it super Christmasy. Make sure you & pooch wrap up warm...

Lucyloo - Yeah it is a little spooky that us 2 Jolly's are having boys happydance I'm so jealous you've finished your xmas shopping already, fancy doing mine? I plan to baby shop with DH this weekend :eyebrows:

MrsAndrew - I've only seen my MW twice & not seeing her again until Dec. It does sometimes feel like you're left to crack on :no:

Oh bugger left myself no time for an update as at doctors at 11am!!! I'll pop back on later :xxx3:

Friday, November 16th 2012, 1:28pm

............ & I continue .........
AFM - Had my 1st consultant app this morning. Got up at the crack of dawn to avoid the traffic & what a waste of a journey that was!!! I got to see a fill in consultant & all as she did was take my BP & urine sample asked if everything was ok & told me that sometimes they will induce IVF pregnancies. I was like what??? Induce why??? She didn't give me a clear answer & said we'll worry about it if we need to closer the time. I was in there 5 mins & both DH & I felt it was a complete waste of time!!!

I've also been a little poorly again... TMI alert.... After our scan & good news on Tues we decided to celebrate & eat at our favourite Indian restaurant. Think I got a little over excited & ordered extra spicy food which I quite happily mopped up :yumyum: The following day my stomach was in bits all day at work. I put this down to the hot food & thought it would pass. Unfortunately it hasn't & I've had diarrhoea for 3 days now X( I can just about cope with it but was worried about my baby boy, especially after reading on google it can bring on premature labour :scared: The doc has asked for a sample (nice) & told me not to worry & even if it is a bacterial infection it will pass & won't effect baby. I just feel no sooner do I get over one illness I face another. Baby is wriggling away as usual & I'm beginning to think he's taking all mummy's goodness - little tinker :yes:
Rank over.... I'm suppose to be internet shopping for Xmas in between toilet stops :winking:
Have a lovely weekend :xxx3:

waylou

Reg: Sep 30th 2011

Saturday, November 17th 2012, 2:45pm

Hello everyone :hi: . Feeling much better, just got to keep things to a minimum i.e heavy lifting and strenuous stuff. Theres a chance i could bleed again due to major placenta praevia but then again i may not. Just got to wait it out. Good to see everyone else is coming along nicely. Now lets get ready for xmas!!!!! :xmastree: :xmas4: xmas40 xmas43 :xmas46: (oh i love these smileys lol)
:BFP: - IVF - 1st Cycle - June 2012 - [zx076] seen at 8w+1d measuring 16.7mm bab22

Bess

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Sunday, November 18th 2012, 5:23pm

Hi Ladies,
Just tentatively dipping a toe into the second tri. I'm 14 wks tomorrow and have been lingering in the first tri, but it's a bit lonely in there so would love to join you guys and get some advice from you all. Hope that's ok ??
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN
FET1Sept 12- DS born May 13
FET2 Jan15 - mmc at 8 weeks 1 day ;(
IVF 4 Aug 15 - :BFP: woohoo :pray: :heart: seen at 8 and 10 weeks lurve babydust

Sunday, November 18th 2012, 7:15pm

Hi Bess welcome to the second tri

Waylou - glad things are better for you. Just keep our feet up and don't over do it. Now you can let everyone else run round. I love Christmas can't Wait.

How did everyone's' weekend go

Monday, November 19th 2012, 8:57am

hi bess welcome and huge congratulations on you bundle of joy

awww waylou hope it clears up soon,
mmmm im on a day off today so thinking finishing my xmas cards off and cant wait to put our tree up on saturday,
how are you lucyloo
and saz ope your feeling ok too have you done much xmas online shopping lol xx.

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 9:12am

Hellooo Girlies,

Looks like everyone is doing super well in here and all is progressing nicely.

Welcome to the second tri Bess and i hope everything is going well for you.

Waylou- I am really glad everything is going better and you must take it very easy my lovey use this time to lie up and be treated like a princess!!!!

Awh Sazlou- time to stay away from the spicy stuff your like me cant eat curries or anything or i have the same problem

Lucyloo- wish i was as organised as you i have not even started :xmas7: shopping yet as my days off just seem to be eaten up by things to do i dont seem to have a minute...but i do get to spend some quality time with dh these days which is really nice but i have to say been feeling quite needy of him which is not me at all usually i am quite independent but now i feel like a wee egg about the crack if i didnt have him....dam hormones!!!!

Net-hope your having or had a fab break...i seen my midwife last week and now i dont see her again until sometime in january but i have my 30 week scan on 19th Dec so not too bothered but i know how it is they are soreassuring and i have to say i had been seeing her every 2 weeks on her terms but she has been brilliant and said i can ring any tuesday i want an appointment just to check up if i want in between times

AFM- nothing to report just that LO is rolling and moving so beautifully now i kinda know the difference between her kicks and rolls and finger touches. Hubby is so in love with her he lies on my tummy and she always acknowledges it by some wee touch so he can feel her its so heartwarming. Still havent done much shopping for LO either got a few things for the hospital bag ie body vests, sleepsuits, nappies and the hat, a blanket and the bath blanket thats about it. I have seen some beautiful stuff but dont wanna go too mad as i know that sometimes they get the sex wrong but i am gonna get it checked again at 30 weeks just to be sure. sorry i havent more to say but i must get a bump pic up soon as i have seen some lovely bubbly ones in the bump pics thread

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 11:41am

awwww cleo so happy everything is going great, where is the bump pic thread id love to put a pic on xx

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 12:18pm

Hey hoo Mrs A- the bump pic thread is under the pregnancy forum and then under general pregnancy chat and you will see a thread called bump pics you can post in there. Need to get the camera out for mine. Glad to hear you are well also xxxx

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 9:46am

oooooo im going to check it out lol thanks xx

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 10:29am

Hello ladies

Think i'm just about back in the land of the living after a nasty DV bug. I'm considering barricading myself in until March 27th may even consider painting a red cross on my front door to keep people & germs away :snigger: Whilst i've been on my sick bed i've done loads of Christmas shopping on line, purchased some right crackers :xmas4:
I'm off to check out these bump pics :winking:

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 4:35pm

Hi Ladies,

Sazlou - Sorry you haven't been felling well but at least you got to start your chritmas shopping.It's sooo much easier online isn't it. I have nearly finished mine just a few more things for dh and for 2 friends and thats me done. 1st dec and the :xmas46: goes up can't wait .

Cleo - I have found myself very needy with my dh. Which by the way he loves as we are always together now. I think it's our hormones. I have to stop myself buying babystuff sometimes iam tempted to buy baby things and forget about presents. I am sure my nieces would have something to say about it.

MrsA - I am good thanks. Everything is running along smoothlyand I have even managed to get the nursery just about finished. Come te christmas sales we can buy the rest of the nursery bits and bobs. How are you getting on?

Net, Bess and waylou hope your all well and things are going well for you all.

AFm - MW appointment went really well. Say's baby sounds really good and my blood pressure is fantastic. next mw appointment is 13 Dec. The only thing is they never measure or weigh me is that normal?. Went to dumfires today and ordered my pram. I managed to get the ex-display one as it is a discontinued one yay bargin got the car seat and pram and buggie including raincovers for £499 so really pleased and they have even thrown in a free pram blanket set. geting excited now things are starting to feel a bit more reall now.

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 9:14am

sazlou hope you feel better soon hun,
cleo what a bargain on your pram well done, im forcig myself to hold back on the last few bits i need til the xmas sales, its only stuff for hospital,changing bag and few more baby outfits but sales soon so will enjoy that lol,
and i had my midwives yesterday and they havent weighed me since i was 12 weeks so i have no idea how heavy i am they did measure my bump and finally after 25 weeks we finally heard our little mans heartbeat i almost cried.
my next appointment is 12th dec i have to have a hgc injection too then :-( because im o neg blood group.
but thats my last week in work to so bring it on lol xx

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 6:53am

Just thought I'd pip in and see how everyone is doing ?

Hope you all have a lovely weekend

Net

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 9:04am

Hello ladies
Am back from a very very wet week in the lake district. Have been going there for about 8 years now and never seen rain like it. Consequently couldn't do too much walking but made up for it with cake eating!
Glad to see that all you lovely ladies and bumps are well.

Welcome Bess,glad to see you in the second tri!

Sorry no time to do personals this morning have a ton of washing and ironing to get through and we are sorting out the nursery today as furniture is delivered next Friday - very exciting. Me and bump are good, she was soooo quiet on Thursday I almost went to the hospital but a cold drink and laying down helped then she didn't stop kicking all of Friday. Phew. Have my gtt test onmonday. My brother is type one diabetic so doctor said I need the test. Have to fast for 12 hours from 9pm on Sunday. I wake up starving so could be interesting!

Right off to iron. Have a good weekend all.

Xxxxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Monday, November 26th 2012, 1:04pm

hi ladies, is it me or is there less people on this thread no. at work so gonna check in tonite. have a fab day everyone xxx :thumbsup:

Net

Monday, November 26th 2012, 3:50pm

Hey Lucyloo

yes it is quiet isn't it! Kittenlove has gone to the 3rd tri and I'm due to go there on Friday (eeks!!!)

How are you doing?

xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Monday, November 26th 2012, 4:16pm

Hi girls....I thought it may be time to enter the third tri :mmmmmm seems strange moving from here and really bangs home that I'm nearly there whoops3 anyone joining me :biggrin:

Net

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:18pm

I will be after Friday! OMG!!!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Monday, November 26th 2012, 9:29pm

Fabulous news to see girls jumping across to 3rd trimester :clap
Lucyloo it will be us two again soon I'm guessing high5 We'll just stalk everybody in the 3rd tri :winking:
:xxx:

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 7:24am

Hay ladies

Kitten love - see you in the third tri. :bye:

Net - not long to go before you make the jump see you over there. Won't belong before we start stalking you into the third tri biggrin2

Hay sazlou yet again we are on our own smile2 . won't belong before we have to make the jump. Seems like this time has flown by since the Jolly's. How you feeling since you dv bug.

AFM - doing good. Little man is kicking me nicely which I love :yes: . duh has finished the nursery just got to get a carpet but going to wait till after Christmas for the sales. Done a bit of baby shopping now do we quite a few bits mainly the essentials but I do keep putting baby clothes in the trolley when we go shopping :cheese: . well off to work I go

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lucyloo" (Nov 27th 2012, 7:25am)

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 9:24am

Hey Girlies

Good to see everyone is doing well and Net and Kittenlove have jumped to the third tri. Hopefully i wont be long til im there too. When officially does the third tri start 28 weeks or 29 weeks?

Its been a quiet week for me i am finishing up this wee job on thursday and starting in the new place on monday and to honest my new boss phoned me and told me i am on monday and tuesday next week and then sat sunday the following week and then thurs fri sat the third week, they have played it well it means the next monday i am on happens to be xmas eve surprise surprise they make the new girl do all the shit shifts so they can be off.....that has annoyed me because i think then that i will work christmas eve and boxing day a bit unfair if you ask me!!!! :angry: Soz rant over just feel its unfair thats all although bubs isnt here yet i still have a husband and a family i wouldnt mind seeing over christmas!!!

As for xmas shopping still none so unmotivated to do anything just cannot be bothered and am on the countdown til the 19th dec for my 30 week scan maybe that will cheer me up

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 12:45pm

hey ladies how is everyone.
aww cleo that is horrible its the same in my work everyone argues over xmas and new year the only day were shut is xmas day but ill be on maternity leave phew lol, cant you offer to do 1 but not both of them as its not fair xx

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 1:09pm

Hello ladies blowkiss

Would you mind if I jump over a couple of days early. I'm 12 weeks and 2 days. I know I'm not meant to visit here until 13 weeks but it is SOOOOO quiet in first tri. But looks like I am jumping just as some of you are entering the exciting 3rd tri : D

We've had a few scans for different reasons so know there is one lovely baby Orlando growing in there. Fear not we are not calling our baby Orlando but we were on hols in Florida when the miracle conception happened so that's our nickname for now. Having said that I have had to say to DH recently that we are not calling our baby Orlando. Think the name has grown on him :snigger:

Hope everyone is feeling good xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 2:08pm

Hey Heather- Welcome over to the 2nd tri you are very welcome here are some gifts for you :flowerbasket: :chocs:

Mrs A- i dunno i will start on monday and see how it goes but i think i will say it nearer the time its just frustrating on the upside i just went out for lunch with my office there and it was yummy and i got a lovely card and a voucher to spend on me so i wont spend on the baby because they said if they had given me money i would have spent it all on the baby which is so true lol

Net

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 9:19pm

Hello lovely ladies

I am not jumping over to the 3rd tri until I am over the 29 week hurdle - I would miss you all too much!!

Welcome Heather and massive congrats on your natural miracle! You'll be very welcome here with all these lovely 2nd tri ladies.

Cleo - that does suck - sorry to hear you've been lumbered with all the rubbish shifts. Glad to hear you got all those nice vouchers - make sure you buy something nice. I have been adding to my shoe collection whilst PG - the only thing to buy really!!

Mrs A - when do you start your ML? I finish work 20 dec and cannot wait!

Hey Lucyloo - glad to hear the little man is kicking away lots. Such a good feeling isn't it.

Hey to the rest of you - sazlou, Bess, anyone else I have missed? Sorry if I have.

AFM not much to report. Had my GTT tests yesterday, that was not nice. A blood test, made to drink disgusting sugar drink, then wait 1 hour, another blood test, wait another hour then a 3rd blood test - arms were like pin cushions! And had to wait in a department seemingly full of ill old people coughing and sniffing - will probably come down with a cold soon! Have antenatal clinic tomorrow, looking forward to hearing LO's heartbeat again. She has been kicking for Britain this week - I swear I am creating a new Beth Tweddle in there.

Cannot wait to start my ML. Today on the way home on the train I was standing up (as usual!), 5 mins into the journey another PG woman walks past and the man sat down next to where I am standing suddenly leaps up and offers her his seat! I felt like saying 'I was here first' but doesn't quite work like that I suppose :laugh: I spent the rest of the journey sighing loudly and unbuttoning my coat to see whether someone else would notice and offer me their seat. Unfortunately the only person who did notice was the other PG woman, who gave me a sympathetic look. Hate commuting!! I really need to just be brave and ask for a seat but am too much of a wuss. I don't know if any of you get the Metro free paper where you are, but there was a letter in there today from someone on the letters page in the text bit (short little comments really, rather than letters) saying 'Pregnant? Want a seat? Don't travel in rush hour' and it was signed Jenny from Essex. One, I couldn't believe anyone would write that (like us PG women get a choice as to when we want to work!) and two, even worse it's written by a woman! I was incensed. Anyway, I have ranted on long enough. Have a good evening all. I am watching I'm a Celebrity and cringing at all the bugs. xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 7:16am

:hi: girls I'm still stalking you all ;) :P

Net - I am sooooo glad you have just mentioned the trains and metro!
I'm like you and commute on trains twice a day! And I too saw this comment yesterday!
It rived me soooo much I had to reply (I doubt it'll get printed) but if there's a comment today from Amy, Lancashire it's me pmsl
Grrrrr, it's like the silly b**ch thinks all pregnant women don't work and stay at home or somat isn't it!!!! Whatta knob anyway! Lol

Hope you are all okay!
don't mean to rub it in but it's my last day this Friday whooooooooo ;)
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

Net

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 7:46am

ha ha Amy good for you. I nearly replied too but got to London before I could. so jealous you are almost done with work. enjoy your mat leave!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 9:06am

Good morning lovely ladies

Well i think the form is better hubby cheered me up last night by making a nice dinner had the fire lit and got some cuddle time with him which was nice, he was off so he got to do his training first which left him content to sit in the house last night lol

So the 29th week we make the jump Net? i wasnt sure every thing you look at says different times 28 weeks etc etc etc.

Im sorry about the commuting thing ladies it is so insensitive of people and i am glad that i live only 16 miles from work and so i can drive....i know though that i always have given up my seat in the past for people i feel need it more than myself maybe we shud all take some peoples attitude and say well bleep you you can stand but we are not that insensitive in here

Did any of you watch the show babymakers last night on bbc it was about the clinic i used in Belfast for ivf and it showed couples going through it the process of the egg collection etc etc etc and it showed it in realistic terms couples it was successful for and also couples it failed for it wasnt sugarcoated in anyway....had a wee cry it brings it all back the process we all go through to get our dream.

Well have a great day ladies i am on the 2nd last day of this job and start new one on monday :thumbsup:

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 12:19pm

No Cleo I missed that!
Shall have to set a reminder in my phone and look for it on catchup!! :whistling:

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 9:33pm

Hello Ladies

Lucyloo - your organisation is putting me to shame, I really need to crack on with our nursery. Glad your little un is kicking away, it's amazing how active they become smile2
Cleo - sound like you've had your legs done with your Xmas hrs. Don't think i'd be happy either, altho this year will be my first Xmas/new yr off in yrs - shame i'll be sober all Xmas (beer2) Didn't catch the program which sounds really interesting & all to familiar. Was it a one off or is it on again?
Heather - Welcome aboard & congrats on your miracle pregnancy thumbup
Net - I'm disgusted at people not offering you a seat - bloody southerners :snigger: You wouldn't have that problem on a northern peasant wagon, they're much more accommodating, or maybe i've just become an expert at sticking my gut out & looking all pitiful :O
Amy - I'm so jealous you finish work on Fri, enjoy the last of your freedom :winking:
Hope I haven't missed anyone...

AFM - returned to work Monday after a week & half off sick again. Feeling much better & it's actually good to be back at work keeping busy. My bump is really growing & my belly button is starting to disappear which i'm finding a little freaky. Everybody keeps asking if i'm having twins :talkhand: Also I'm finding it quite amusing the amount of people who think it's totally acceptable to call me fatty NO! Including my DH who's taken to calling me splodge - charming! I am all bump & will need to invest in some more maternity clothes very soon... We've finally purchased a cot & ordered a pram. Looking forward to making a start on the nursery, it's difficult finding the time which is not helped by mine & DH shifts, we rarely have time off together :headache

When is everyone putting up their Christmas tree :xmastree: I'm very tempted to get mine up this weekend :xmas46:

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 8:51am

Good morning Ladies

Well i am on my last shift at this job to start the new one on Monday and i probably wont have as much time to be on here but anyways i will keep popping in as often as i can

Sazlou- This show was a 4 part show as far as i know and knowing bbc it will be on again, it really does put the trials and tribulations of ivf plain to see so all those people who think its such a walk in the park what a load of b**ls maybe now if they watch they wont be so insensitive. Good to see you have pram bought what did you go for in the end? Havent even started my nursery yet it it helps. Feeling at a a stand still lol and i think in another week my belly button will officially be gone lol

Hope all you other ladies are doing well its a bit quieter in here now that everyone is making the jump to the third tri i remember getting the first tri over was a miracle lol now in a week i will be going to the big 3. Can i ask as well are any of you having a real hard time sleeping at night i just cant seem to get comfortable and keep waking its really frustrating and also a bit of restless leg is kicking in? Any tips to get comfy and sleep?

Net

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 7:06pm

Hey ladies

Just home from another commute standing up - I think you are right about miserable southerners Sazlou! I lived in Sheffield for 3 years and couldn't believe the difference in people and how friendly they were. Having being used to people not even making eye contact on the tube it was quite a difference and I loved it! I cannot believe that your DH is calling you that!! My bump is petite according to most people, measured 27cm yesterday so no concerns re growth but it's definitely a smaller bump, mind you my belly button is about to become an outie at any moment. I wish it was bigger to get me a seat on the train sometimes - haha. Have put a stone on in weight now.

Cleo - I am also having terrible sleeps. I wake up numerous times during the night because I cannot get comfy. I have terrible backache most days and restless legs too. Not nice. I sleep with a v shape pillow and also another pillow behind me, but still end up chucking them all out during the night! Gonna check out that BBC 1 programme too.

AFM not much to report other than backache. Had my antenatal appointment yesterday and all OK. LO is still breech (they think, but definitely not head down. She was NOT impressed when the doctor tried to feel her position by prodding around) and I have to have a 32 week scan now to check position and also where my placenta is as it was low last time they checked. They will then discuss mode of delivery with me and mentioned the C-section dreaded word. Really hope she turns and placenta moves as I really don't want a c section. Apparently if you do a kind of yoga down dog position that can encourage a baby to turn...we shall see - I'll give it a shot!

Was amused today to see my little local bakery on 'Britain's Best Bakery' on ITV - I am a regular consumer of their donuts and Belgian buns so hope they win!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 9:11pm

Hey ladies :wave:

Cleo - what's your new job? hats off to ya starting a new job during your pregnancy. I went for a swivel 3 in 1 pram in the end, very similar to the one you purchased but from a different site. It arrived at my dad's today & he's gonna put it together for us to view on Sat. I've decided to keep it at his house until baby arrives. I've struggled with my sleep from an early stage, I just can't get comfy. Like Net I've got extra cushions including a V shape pillow but end up throwing them all out during the night. DH even swapped sides with me for the first time in our relationship, I convinced myself it would help but sadly I was wrong & ended up having a terrible nights sleep. Not very helpful am I :whoops:
Net - when ever I travel south I'm always surprised by the lack of small talk & how everybody is always too busy to stop or give a seat up for a pregnant woman in your case. Think I'd end up sitting on somebody's knee if nobody offered :chortle: Get practising those Yoga exercises & hopefully your baby will re position. Worse case scenario think about the pro's of having a C section - it doesn't seem to have done posh spice any harm....

Hope everybody else is well smile2
AFM sat down with my boss & discussed my maternity leave etc today. I was really surprised how accommodating she was. I'm starting maternity leave on 22nd Feb happydance I'm taking a year off & all being well will return 4 days a week. I'd love to go back 3 days but I know my lifestyle won't withhold the salary. That said a lot can happen in a year & maybe I can convince DH to go for promotion instead of mulling over the idea :hmm:
My bump did a strange thing this eve, when I got in the bath I looked at my belly & it was shaped like a tent. It looked so bizarre, I shouted DH to take a look & even he couldn't work out what position baby was to be making my tummy such a funny shape??? It's returned to a perfectly rounded ball again now thank goodness :snigger:

:xxx:

Net

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 9:28pm

Oh congrats sazlou, 22 Feb! How many weeks will you be by then? I feel a bit of a fraud starting when i do as I'll only be 32 weeks but otherwise I'd just have to go back for a week after Xmas (wanted to start at 35 weeks) and I can't be bothered with that!

I may resort to sitting on someone's knee soon, I have to say. It was so lovely during the Olympics as everyone spoke to each other on the train/tube for once, lovely atmosphere. As soon as the Olympics finished everyone went back to being grumpy again. I like to think my time ooop north instilled some northern cheer but i'm probably as miserable as the rest of them in the morning :laugh:

Maybe you're LO was practicing some yoga poses of his own? Bit of the tree maybe?! hands over his head in a praying position = tent shape :thumbsup2:

xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Friday, November 30th 2012, 1:04pm

Sazlou - I too was convinced if I swapped sides I would sleep better and more onto my left side.. So we swapped and it was awful... So we swapped back again and I still couldn't sleep, so we swapped again and then DF said thats enough you are staying there now! :-( lol ... So I am on the "wrong" side of the bed, but also the side thats easier to get out of for the toilet - and to tend to baby when she is here (that's why DF won't swap back) ;) ::P pmsl

Also, the tent you are describing from bump.. thats when your muscles are trying to pull but can't and they seperate!
It happens to me only in the bath (or maybe thats the only time I see it happen cos I'm naked) :whistling:
Just be careful though as apparently it can rip the stomach muscles (abs) thats what I got told this week! :S

I am finishing work in 1 hour! Whooooooooooo :thumbsup:
As you can see from my signature I am 34+5 today, but the next two weeks are leave!
So I will be 37+1 when my mat leave officially starts ;) : D

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE