You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 8:58am

Happy 20 weeks Cleo! :chocs: :weehee:
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 10th 2009

Children: Yes please!

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 9:37am

Woo hoo :weehee: :balloons: :congrats: 20 weeks today Cleo - fab news, halfway there lovely.

Amy hun, your train driver sounds great! I agree with Net we need a few more like that. And Net that young guy - I hope one day his pg wife gets the same treatment, he'd be disgusted. Some people :getout:

The cushion defo helped me net, I was getting really bad backache. I can't say it's completely gone but it's way better.
I got my maternity jeans from Seraphine online - they are worth a look too - I think the expensive ones generally are better, buy cheap buy twice. At least one pair will stay with us through the whole thing (well till we can't peel ourselves our of trakkies or leggings anyway!)

Amy I am taking all sorts of ferrous sulphate & iron tablets to try to get my levels up - they were stuck at 10.3 and last month had gone up to 11.7 - when you take your multivit in the morning take it with orange juice, the vit c helps your body to absorb the iron from the tablets. Made a difference to me.

Net good luck for your meeting - sounds fab! :mmmmmm

xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49
Oct 10 Laser Surgery (PCOS) & removal of Endo
1st IVF Jan 12 @ St Barts - BFN

2nd ICSI Apr 12 @ ARGC :BFP: please stay with us :pray:

Our beautiful daughter arrived safely 7.1.13

MY DIARY

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 9:44am

Happy 20 weeks Cleo :D

Ooooo thanks dawn I didn't know that! Would
concentrated fresh orange work though lol - the cheap
stuff from tesco ??? ;)

Midwife did ask am I takin any vits - I said I am taking pregnacare still and she said oh no that won't be enough :/
Most girls I know haven't taken anythin from 12 weeks - not even folic acid ... confused slightly lol
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 11:01am

Amyeliz- just shows how everyone is different im still on pregnacare too and my midwife said thats enough i take extra d3 and omega 3 as well but i have always taken that from when my acupuncturist told me to take them. I have to go on calcium tablets for me teeth though my dentist is worried cuz i have weak teeth at the best of times and wants me to take a supplement at least until bubs is born

Ps im on the ice water might have to drink a gallon of it to get this wee one moving today bab18

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 11:06am

Cleo your LO is probably just having a little relax.......I'm sure all is fine - doesn't stop us worrying though does it.

AMy any kind of orange juice will work - it's the vitamin c in it - obviously the more natural it is the better as it will have more vit c but any old orange juice is better than water. I have to take the horrible ferrous sulphate & my pregnacare max, the ferrous can make you constipated and also makes your poo black - TMI! nice.......

I am still doing 2 clexane injections a day, 2 cyclogest pessaries, an asprin, multi vits & ferrous sulphate 8| be nice to be like the other girls you know and not take anything - however I would be panicking!
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 11:36am

yeah like me when I stopped all my drugs hahahaha feel safer on them don't you :hugs:
still a massive pain tho and control your life eh ;)

I used to be on iron tablets because I was anaemic .. and I had to
stop them cos my poo was black and I was badly constipated ... not lookin forward to it if I have to go back on them
:(

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 11:59am

Quick update- think the waters working (8 o)

Reg: Dec 14th 2011

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 1:39pm

Mrs A sorry to hear the flu jab made you poorly :-( I hope your good today and feeling better?

Dawnie the link you put made me chuckle I do hope you and baby are good today?

Net can't Believe people don't give up there seat for you shocking indeed I thought pregnant ladies and disabled had priority for the seat, that's what I was taught growing up and I've taught my children the same.

Amyeliz Bless your train driver so kind, I was ok after the flu jab just a bit achy/feeling slightly off for a week but that was it really my son who's 11 had same side effects as me. I was scared to have it but I decided the pro of it giving the baby some cover out weighed my worry.

Cleo a very happy halfway day to you Hun :thumbup: it's a great feeling to hit the halfway mark isn't it. And great news that the waters working too its worth it when it puts your mind at ease isn't it.

I hope everyone else is doing well? And that all you lovely ladies are having a good day so far?

I noticed you were all on about the pregnacare I take the pregnacare max I never took anything in previous pregnancies and so as I'd been so well this time I have it in my head its the pregnacare so I will continue til birth then switch to a new mom vitamin. Also the dream genii pillow I bought mid August as I kept moving, star fishing, hitting dh in my sleep so it keeps me put I so love it putting the pillow bit between my knees helps with the pressure down below.

Xxx

Net

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 2:58pm

Hey ladies

My meeting was as dull as expected - LO was wiggling all the way through it which didn't help! Cleo, I was really worried as I went for days without feeling LO right up until about Thursday of last week, only since then have I felt daily movement. Glad the water is helping. I find LO is more active a nighttime when I am sitting quietly.

I'm also taking pregnacare - have booked myself a 24 week MW appt even though I'm not supposed to so I can ask about iron levels etc as I am soooo sleepy. Amyeliz hope the MW can give you some answers.

Dawnie, I bought the Serpahine jeans but had to send them back because they were so long and too tight (I;m only 5ft3). The noppie ones were the same price, and also a bit long but at least I can squeeze them past my knees : D haha. Love Seraphine for work dresses, have bought a few now. I agree re the man on my train, I just couldn't believe him.

xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 5:43pm

EJ we are good today thanks - hope you are too? I'm a little tired but nothing major.

Yeah Net I had to have the seraphine jeans taken up I'm only 5ft 3 too - I bought the skinny & the bootleg, they are really nice. I don't like how they have to be yanked over my hips though. I think they should still have a zip somewhere.

Glad the water is working cleo : D

Yeah my LO is a little wriggler at night. And it wakes me up normally between 4 & 5am. Getting me used to disturbed sleep already I guess!
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 9:15pm

Hi all.....just a quick sneak in to say hello to you all and hope your all doing well.... I'm just back from yoga so very zzzzzzz tired! Off for sleeps xx
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Wednesday, October 10th 2012, 8:45am

Hey Ladies- its my obligatory morning msg, hope your all doing well this fine but very cold cold morning. :winter:

I love this time of year its feeling a little like christmassy xmas33 which i love. Had a bad night last night DH is sick with the cold and he tossed and turned all night which meant i didnt get much sleep at all and think LO knew all about it plenty of wee thuds last night (yee haa) so i didnt really mind and i also discovered LO doesnt like me lying on my belly not that i will be able to do that much longer. lmao

I am on the count down for my big scan 5 more sleeps and im there woooo hooooo and then hubby said we can defo get the pram we want he even worked 2 extra days at work just so he can buy the one i want :goodnews: how great is he !!!!

Hope you are all doing well lovely ladies have a great day

Wednesday, October 10th 2012, 12:57pm

Cleo we were the same.. Everything was on hold until we had the anomaly 20 week scan, and since then it's been all systems go!
I think it reassures you when you feel them daily too : D

I have mw again tomorrow & the flu jab (dreading that) not cos of needles, used to them now, but if it makes me feel poop, and the possible dead arm :rollseyes:

As for bubs... this morning since waking up she has booted me non-stop.. and is just about calming down now! Thats from 6am - she must be worn out (8 o)

Wednesday, October 10th 2012, 1:41pm

Yeeha amyeliz i cant wait til i start getting a few things makes it more real. Glad LO is kicking away its a great feeling. I am going for the flu jab tomorrow as well doctors orders so we can compare dead arms tomorrow lmao

Wednesday, October 10th 2012, 5:26pm

Good luck Cleo & Amy with your flu jabs. I guess I ought to talk to my doctors about mine really.

Cleo good old DH re the pram, so lovely. Which one did you decide on in the end?

All fine with me. I've been into London today. Took one of my girlfriends out for lunch to JSheekey (fish restaurant) was nice. I really didn't want to go this morning but I'm so glad I did as her best friend has comepletely forgotten it's her birthday & she's got no man in her life so bless her If I hadn't she would have been all alone :-(

Back home now, shattered. Amy my LO has been messing about all day today aswell. Mine's discovered a nice little place just under my right rib cage that it likes to kick into. Its quite uncomfy so when it gets bigger I imagine it's gonna hurt!
xxxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Wednesday, October 10th 2012, 6:20pm

Amyeliz87 I had the flu jab yesterday.....I'm afraid I did get the dead arm! Still like it today. Hope yours isn't too bad. X

Net

Wednesday, October 10th 2012, 6:50pm

Hey everyone

How are we all?

I think I am getting a cold, ironically 2 days before my flu jab - cannot stop sneezing which really hurts my abdomen! I am also dreading the flu dead arm - always get that, it's so painful! We can be the dead arm gang.

Cleo - good luck for your scan. Are you going to see what you are having?

Dawnie - my LO was also up at 4am this morning, for a whole hour. Have to get up at 6am so was not impressed, but also not complaining as it's so reassuring. She also kicked off during a big meeting I had today just as I was presenting my bit - really distracted me! Love J Sheekey - very jealous!

DH is making me a super hot curry to try and counteract the cold germs - now off to go and feel sorry for myself.

Have a good evening everyone.
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 8:43am

Hello everyone

Hood luck with your scan Cleo. Are you finding out what your having ?. Bet you can't wait to start shopping for you lo.

All those who have flu jabs comming up good luck. I am going to have mine just waiting to here from the Dr. To be honest I don't think my Dr knows that I am pg.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Afm-i had my MW appointment this week. Told them I was getting a wee bit nervous about waiting till my next scan so they have booked me in for a regular appointment to listen to the heart beat to make me feel a little better which was nice of them. They said it would take a while to ere the heartbeat but there it was straight away nice and strong. Back at work tomorrow not looking forward to it. I have had a nice few days off and have managed to relax a little. Just when I am at work I don't get a minute to myself.

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 8:54am

Morning girlies- what a wet one here in NI my god its waterproof and wellies day

Net and Lucyloo- i really wanna find out cuz its been so long coming and i had so many let downs it would be nice to know so i can buy stuff for nursery etc but hubby doesnt . Maybe i can persuade him on the day. He told me to find out but not to tell him but theres no way i could keep it in i would let it slip so we will decide one way or another on the day and anyway sometimes the sonographer wont tell you here- its happened a few people i know.

Lucyloo- its nice when the midwife is so good that they book regulare appointments so you can hear LO it defo helps at putting mind at ease i have one every 2-3 weeks and its so reassuring

Dawnie and Net - its good to hear your LO are active i have to say they must be in sync i was up the night before last at 4am with LO kicking and this morning at 5am she/he decided to have a wee swim around and a wee good morning kicking session i think my bladder was full and LO wanted more room and this was way of telling me :blowrasp:

Dawnie- God its so hard to choose a pram i really like the city driver but the only thing is it doesnt seem to have swivel wheels but the plus is that it come in 38 colours you can choose most of which are pretty neutral and it comes as a full system 3 in 1 - car seat/carrycot, pram, pushchair, with all the extras raincovers, feet muffs bag etc to match and its pretty reasonable i think at £280 free delivery but im still gonna have another look around but its :hairout stuff all these decisions

HAve a great day girlies

Friday, October 12th 2012, 12:29pm

:hi: girls..

my MW appt went swimmingly well yesterday!
bp and urine all fine.. had bloods taken and she got it out of my arm in the 1st try! :thumbsup: (rarity for me)
then i laid on the bed.. and she had a good feel... I said can you really feel where she is.. and she said yeah look.. I looked and she had hold of her head and her bum pmsl
baby didn't like this though and gave her a good shove off.... then mw listened with doppler, but she was disturbed then so wouldn't stay still and punched the doppler off again :rollseyes:

gonna be a handful already isn't she ;) ::P

got nursery furniture delivered yesterday too :thumbsup:
doesn't quite match to cot... everything is beech colour, but there must be different shades of beech!
so i was slightly upset yesterday but I am getting used to it now and it's not toooooo bad I suppose! ^^
so last night I was deciding where to put the stickers I bought of giraffes etc (i seem to have a pregnancy obsession) ..
and I think it's decided now, so might get them on properly this weekend :)

4D scan tomorrow! Eeeeeeeeee get me home, I can't concentrate hahahaha (8 o)
I am worried cos they aren't checking me for GTT (diabetes) .. even though I have bad PCOS!
I did ask midwife and she said they used to for PCOS but it's been dropped from the guidelines now!

So... going to ask tomorrow if I can, for them to measure her and see what she's coming back at week/day wise ;)

Friday, October 12th 2012, 1:39pm

Awh Amyeliz- so delighted everything went so well for you thats great and im sure you so excited for tomorrow now . [zx017]

I cant wait til my scan either even though its just the anonamly one but i havent seen bubs since 11 weeks feels like forever now its only 4 more sleeps til i get the chance and i really wanna know what he/she is. Is that selfish saying hubby doesnt

No other news got my flu jab this morning and finally got a dress for the wedding next friday just got one out of quiz very flattering i must say and only one size bigger at the moment as plenty of room round the bump for it as it is floaty at the waist down so its going good.

Hope you ladies are doing well your super quiet- havent heard from Sazlou either in a while hope all is well

Reg: Jan 10th 2012

Children: None

Friday, October 12th 2012, 3:15pm

Hello ladies :wave:

I've just been browsing through your posts & so much is happening, I need to sit down & have a catch up with a :coffee: when I get home. I feel so behind with you all :whoops:

I haven't been on for a while as i've started my new temp role whilst i'm pregnant. I leave the house at 7:45 & I'm not getting home until 6:30. By the time i've had my tea & shower i'm zzzz I usually work shifts & this Mon-Fri milarky is a killer :tired:

I've not alot to update really, just feel like i'm plodding along at the moment. Still having a few puking sessions here & there but things are definitely improving (everytime I say this I end up spewing).

Right need to make myself look busy before I get caught using the internet for none work purposes :comp:

:xxx3:

1st IVF cycle Feb 2012 :BFN: :sniff:

2nd IVF cycle July 2012 :BFP: bab22

Friday, October 12th 2012, 4:01pm

Hi everyone....hope you are all well.

Has anyone else been experiencing unexplained bruising on their calfs? Iv had aching tight legs at work today and just noticed bruises on back of one of my legs! Wondering if its just the extra blood flow?

Net

Saturday, October 13th 2012, 8:05am

Hi everyone

Kittenlove - yes I have - my left calf looked like I had been in a boxing ring about 2 weeks ago. I think it might be because I have had really itchy skin and have been scratching in my sleep, but not sure. I have always been prone to bruising really easily anyway, but might mention it to my doctor next time I go.

Hi Sazlou, glad to hear the puking is getting better - long may it last!

Cleo - hope you haven't had dead arm? Good luck for the big scan - I found it an amazing experience.

Amyeliz - how was the 4D scan? I'm contemplating getting one now, but clinic I have been to for other private scan charges £160 - is that expensive? Not really sure what other clinics charge. I really like the consultant there, so maybe the extra money might be worth it.

Lucyloo, that's so nice of your MW to book you in for regular appts. I haven't seen a MW since 16 weeks! For those of you with consultant led care are you also seeing the MW? I have to see the consultant every 2 weeks but as I have posted earlier I don't ever get to ask any questions, he just quickly scans me to listen to LO's heartbeat and that't it!

AFM, I am feeling very very sorry for myself with a stinker of a cold. Paracetamol is no nurofen cold and flu substitute! Have been having nice steamy baths and watching a lot of TV and reading (really recommend the latest ones by JoJo Moyes and Lisa Jewell!), but didn't feel well enough for work on thursday. Flu jab postponed until next friday as a result. LO was very quiet yesterday which worried me - does everyone else have quiet and busy days? She woke me up at 4am this morning with some hefty kicks mind you, so maybe she'll be more active today. I downed a pint of ice water last night to no effect!!

Today I think I will venture out to get some food but going to be another quiet one.

Have a great weekend everyone

xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, October 14th 2012, 11:49am

Hello ladies, hope everyone is enjoying a lovely relaxing weekend :coffee:
Net - hope you're feeling better? Keep warm & drink plenty of fluids. I always get colds this time of yr & usually stock up on lemsip which sort me out - obviously I won't be doing that this year. That said my body hasn't felt it's self for over 4 months now, all the sickness & aches has left me feeling exhausted most days humph I keep telling myself any day now I'm gonna peak/blossom & gain loads of energy like what my pregnancy book says happens in your second tri - or is it all lies :pah
How did everybody feel after their flu jab? I had mine last Sat & had a dead arm for 2 days, which gave me something else to moan about :cross: I was a little worried I'd feel poorly afterwards but I felt fine.

Is everybody having a 4D scan? My DH really wants one & he also wants to find out the sex but I'm unsure - think he'll win this battle as I'm quite impatient & don't think I'll be able to wait until birth to find out. For some reason I'm convinced we're having a girl despite DH calling the bean a 'he' all the time.

Lucyloo my fellow Jolly how are you getting along? Hopefully you've stopped climbing up ladders :no:

I'm suppose to be getting ready for a nice long walk in the county. We've got my Dad's dog for the day & we always take her for a really long walk to knacker her out, her energy is endless. Usually she jumps all over me & we have a roll around & play, but since I've become pregnant she sits next to me & gives me a suspicious look, like she know's not to jump on me but can't quite put her paw on why :snigger: DH is busy in the kitchen preparing a beef stew which he'll slow cook whilst we're out walking. He's really looking after me & still doing all the cooking, if it's left down to me we'll be eating chicken nuggets or fish fingers every day :teehee:
Time to dash & stop waffling :xxx3:

Sunday, October 14th 2012, 2:07pm

The scan was awesome :D
Deffo go for one - might be a once in a lifetime
opportunity for us girl's (that's how I thought of it)

Iv put pics in my diary - if you can't access it il try put some in here tomorrow ;)
We got 120 pics .. :O

Net - our scan cost £138!! And that's without the DVD as we wouldn't watch it again ..
We got 20 mins bonding scan - gender reassurance - 4 glossy photos and a CDROM of all the photos taken :)
I think £160 is a normal / good price tbh :)

She was fast asleep when we started and looked so peaceful !!
Then sonographer disturbed her and she started burrowing down into my pelvis hahaha
She has loooooonnngg legs already like me and her dad
And she weighs 2lb4oz now :D

DF didn't wanna go really but once there he was like WOW!
And kept awwwwww'ing etc :D
He is so glad we had 1! and it's even made him believe more - we seem to have a name possibility now finally
and in early hours of this morning he mentioned "OUR DAUGHTER" :D
by the way - she is deffo a girl (sonographer said no balls) hahahaha xxx

Monday, October 15th 2012, 9:01am

Amyeliz- what a wonderful experience your 4d scan sounded. Makes me jealous now i want one lmao .

Net- hope your getting over your cold/flu poor chicken and to answer your question i have quiet days with bub and then days he/she wont stop roaming in there like a washing machine :loony: i think they are very much like us some days they are just tired and maybe its got cute with the ice water trick and stays away fromthe cold bits going :blowrasp: mummy i know what your up to :winking: . As well as that i am consultant led and have only seen my consultant twice :box: pure useless but see my MW every 2 weeks. you know wat its probably for the best cuz i really would tell him were to go [zx170]

Sazlou- can i borrow your DH because even though mine is a chef i still have to do all the cooking lol lololol

Kittenlove- havent experienced any bruising as yet but defo starting to feel the extra weight pressing down on my legs now they seem to get tired alot quicker and because my melons (as my 13yr old niece calls them) have got ginormous i feel my back starting to twinge now bummer!!!!!

AFM- no dead arm after the flu jab so lucky me. BIG SCAN tomorrow god i cant wait feels like forever since i seen my LO and hope to be posting :goodnews: about it. then i am off for the rest of the week happydance i have michael mcintrye the comedian in belfast on wednesday night and a wedding on friday busy week but at least no work

Soz if i missed anyone out have a good day

Monday, October 15th 2012, 9:51am

Morning ladies,

Cleo - goodluck with your scan tomor, look forward to reading all the lovely details, feels like forever since I had a scan :-(

I had a funny turn at the bus stop this morning (actually it wasn't very funny) I was about to get on my bus & all of a sudden I went really dizzy & thought I was gonna pass out. I quickly left the queue & walked down a quiet street, still unsure if I was gonna pass out I sat down on the wet floor for a few minutes. The strange rush eventually stopped & I had to dash home to changed my wet pants & jump on the next bus - has anybody else experienced dizziness like this or is it another sazlou drama ohthedrama

Monday, October 15th 2012, 1:26pm

Sazlou - YES!
At work one day last week - weds I think.. went to the toilet and then all of a sudden was really dizzy and sicky!!
And then it's happened again today as well! Just went sicky and dizzy and a girl at work gave me some chewing gum which seemed to help cos its mint? (thats what she suggested) ...

My BP is fine though, so I don't know what it is :S

Here are some pics of our baby girl :thumbsup:
amyeliz87 has attached the following files:
  • 1.JPG (13.82 kB - 2 times downloaded - latest: Oct 16th 2012, 11:26am)
  • 2.JPG (12.91 kB - 2 times downloaded - latest: Oct 16th 2012, 11:26am)
  • 3.JPG (11.16 kB - 2 times downloaded - latest: Oct 16th 2012, 11:26am)
  • 4.JPG (11.44 kB - 2 times downloaded - latest: Oct 16th 2012, 11:26am)
  • 5.JPG (13.95 kB - 2 times downloaded - latest: Oct 16th 2012, 11:26am)

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: 1 daughter, 16 years old, new baby boy 10 weeks old

Monday, October 15th 2012, 2:34pm

wow your pics are amazing hunni, how are you all ive been getting over flu had it now for over a week but gettig better now just coughing alot, the baby is always kicking and it gets harder and harder but love it,
i have my 20 week scan this week 4 more sleeps cant wait to see if its a boy or girl,
also our pram is getting delivered tomorrow it feels like xmas lol xx
[zx076] :BFP: JUNE 2011 ectopic bigcloud

:BFP: seen @6 weeks [zx076] & 7 weeks & 10 weeks [zx115] also 13 weeks

Monday, October 15th 2012, 3:08pm

OMG amyeliz your pictures are amazing look at her lickle nose and lips just beautiful already. lurve

Mrs A- good to see you back im glad to hear your nearly over the flu and we have scans on same week how delightful. good luck with yours mines is tomorrow i will be 21 weeks xxxxx :weehee:

Monday, October 15th 2012, 4:39pm

thanks girls :D
love her little nose hehe, think she looks the spit of her daddy when he was young!

good luck to all those with upcoming scans! :D
can't wait to see pics ;)

Net

Monday, October 15th 2012, 5:16pm

Hey ladies

Cleo and Mrs A - good luck for your scans! Mrs A, sorry you've had flu. I am struggling enough with a cold, let alone flu. Hope you're feeling better now.

Amyeliz - love the photos!

Sazlou, yes I also have some funny turns at very random times. Today I came home from work early because I felt so rough, absolutely knackered!

Cleo, you are so lucky to see MW every 2 weeks - I really feel I haven't had a proper appointment with anyone since I was 16 weeks :-(

AFM, LO has been soooooo quiet today. I hope she starts kicking away a bit this evening. I have IBS and pregnancy has really irritated it (no pun intended), so I think I am also struggling with that which is making me really tired. Not sure how I am going to get through working until Christmas I have to say!!!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Monday, October 15th 2012, 7:22pm

Hi

Good luck Cleo and Mrsandrews with your scan this week :goodluck: .

Amylez your pics are amazing she looks so cute

Sazlou- hope your feeling better

AFM I have had cramping the past few days hoping it will pass soon.

Hope everyone is doing well think I am took tired to do anything :coffee:

Monday, October 15th 2012, 7:26pm

Wow Amyeliz your pics are amazing, I'm completely fascinated by them thumbup
Mrsandrew poor you having to cope with horrid flu, glad you're feeling a little better :hugs:
Net I'm feeling neglected also, I've seen my MW once at 12wks, had a scan at 13wks & nothing thereafter :sadface: I have my next scan on 12th Nov & during that week I have an app with my MW & Consultant - nice of them to spread things out :cross:

After my funny turn today I'm so glad to be home, felt rubbish all day. looking forward to a relaxing :bath: then zzzz for me. If I feel this knackered now what am I going to feel like when I develop a proper big bump ?(

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 7:14am

Morning all

Sazlou that's a bit unfair. Surely you should be able to have a MW appointment before then. I told mine I was feeling anxious about waiting for my scan so she has given me a regular appointment every 2weeks. Can you not ask for another appointment ?

Hope everyone has a good day today. Think we need a good day with some lovely weather again. Or I am gonna be outside bringing in our delivery in the rain :thumbdown:

Afm- feeling much better this morning :thumbsup:

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 7:48am

Morning girls ...
I had 12 week scan, saw mw at 16 weeks and then scan at 20 weeks!
After 20 week scan they see you every 3 to 4 weeks and after 30 weeks its every 2 weeks :D
I saw her last thurs and am back on 1st Nov!!
Meanwhile I have my anti d injection next Friday eeeeekkkk

Baby didn't move much at all yesterday.. but she did start bouncing on my bladder once I got in bed!
really worrying me at the moment - I'm on my way to work now but if she isn't moving by lunch il be goin home and to hospital!
wish it wasn't such a damn worry!! :(
Also I think I slept thru from 10.30 to 6am which tells me she didn't move all night either :/

Net

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 7:55am

Very quick one as am at work.

Amyeliz, my LO was so quiet yesterday, was also terrified, she kicked away at 5am this morning for a bit then nothing. Hope your LO starts kicking away for England ASAP. :hugs: I'm also gonna call MW later today if she doesn't start moving a bit more.

Cleo, Mrs A, GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! :goodluck:

xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 9:25am

Morning gang
I've been rubbish at coming on again!
Girlies good luck with your scans - Cleo & Mrs A
Amy & Net (net I cant remember how far along you are) - I was reading that the babies at 27 weeks start to get into a proper wake sleep cycle which might be why they don't move as much as you think they should. I also read that as they start to get bigger the movements slow because of the decreased amount of space.

AFM - all fine with me - been doing some proper nesting. We spent the weekend clearing out the garage & huge cupboard we use as a loft. I'm still working my way through old pictures & piles of junk but getting there. Went to my parents on sunday for lunch & my lil niece was there. She was fine one minute then spectacularly puked her guts up about 20 mins before dinner & it didn't stop! Me & DH were bloody useless. DH ran past SIL yelling somehting we'd learned at baby first aid course on Fridy last week (thoroughly recommend doing one if you haven't already) and I legged it as soon as the smell hit me - lets hope we are a bit better when it's our own!
Had an ALMIGHTY row with DH last night about nothing - escalated into a huge screaming match (we rarely argue) then it freaked both of us out thinking the baby would be stressed because of the shouting etc. Needless to say we vowed never to scrap like that again and had lots of cuddles last night.

Loads of love xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 12:02pm

Hey ladies blimey I've fell behind on you :(

Amyeliz your pictures are amazing she's going to be absolutely gorgeous isn't she : D sorry to hear your concerned about movements :'( I agree with you that by lunch would be a good idea to get checked out for piece of mind, I do hope she's started booting you by now though.

Cleo and Mrs A good luck with your scan's I look forward to your updates

Sazlou sorry to hear you had a funny turn I hope you are feeling better now?

Dawnie we've been on major sort out here as well i felt it yesterday though think I over done it a bit. You will be fine with your own lo it's instinctive. Sorry to hear you and dh had an argument but glad your all sorted now.

lucyloo glad to hear your feeling much better today.

Net sorry to hear your having concerns with movements too I do hope your lo has started booting you during the course of this morning.

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Afm my lo boots me every evening badly but last night didn't move at all ;( I think I can feel him moving position/rolling over but I'm not 100%. So like some of you ladies may need to go be checked for piece of mind. Spent the weekend having major clear out and last night with a broken front door (mechanisms gone) so waited for locksmith last night to secure it shut to come back and fix this morning. So I spent my morning doing a huge pot of beef stew and dumpling's which I completed an hour ago and is good to go for dh's & kids tea's later.

Xxx : D

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 5:21pm

Hey EJ It doesn't take long to get behind on this thread! us girls can natter can't we.

Amy & Net how's the movements? any better now?

EJ well done on the clear out & the beef stew.....mmmmm :licklips: Sorry to hear you too are having worries about movement. It's all a big worry isn't it. I hope your right about instinct!! lol

Sazlou have you recovered now?

Lucyloo has the delivery arrived all ok? hopefully the rain wasn't too bad at the time!

xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 5:29pm

hey girls ... I ended up at the hospital!
still no movements by 10am so I rang hospital and mw said get in when you can!
I managed to get in by 11.30!

they put me on the tracing monitors and all is fine with heartbeat and they check for contractions too which I musnt be having..
I felt 3 movements under pressure of monitor at hospital and also asked about my leakage down below and how I was worried it was my waters :(
so they did this test that they put up u for a minute and then mix it with something and test that and tells u if any waters are in it ..
negative thank god so waters aren't leaking - must be discharge!

so home and on the couch now - absolutely shattered tho (D'ya think its from worrying so much?!)
and typical now she is booting me to death :D

glad I went tho - feel tons more relaxed and happier :D
and this mw (loveliest one iv ever met) said not to hesitate next time and even if its late in night to go in :)

Net

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 5:45pm

Hey all

Amyeliz - blimey! So glad all is well and what a lovely MW/hospital. Hope LO continues to boot away.

Emmajayne - how has movement been today?

Dawnie - sorry to hear about the row with DH. It's all very stressful sometimes isn't it.

Lucyloo - hello!

Cleo/Mrs A - hope scans went well today.

AFM, well, movement is much better today but kicks are much less powerful than they were a few days ago so I figure she must have moved? I have consultant appointment tomorrow (help!), but have promised myself I will be assertive and ask questions, which will include ones about movement. I am reassured that I have felt some kicking on and off since 5am this morning.

xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 5:49pm

Net glad to hear you've got some more movement now. I would agree with you ref the position. bound to be more powerful in certain positions.
Net I write all my questions down in a little notebook from one appt to the next & take that in with me when I see the consultant. They are great at answering them, they don't mind.

Amy - sorry you ended up at hospital but delighted you and LO are all good & she's kicking the hell out of you now! I am getting lots of discharge too - mine's not watery though (TMI)

xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Net

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 6:05pm

Dawnie, thanks, you are lucky, my consultant is awful. Usually wait 90 mins for appt and get marched in, scanned and shown the door (seriously)...he has absolutely no bedside manner.
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 6:15pm

Oh yeah I remember you saying now. Oh poo - that's a nightmare. Well I am seeing my consultant in 2 weeks so if you still have questions tell me & I'll ask mine!! : D
why do people have to do that - your in a caring job so act like you flaming well care! buffoons xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 9:23am

Morning everyone,

Amyliez - Thats great news. It is better to put your mind at ease. So pleased your lo is having a wee party now :thumbsup:

Dawnie - No the delivery never came woop woop : D day off today and it's due to come today so everyone else will have to bring it in for a change. Also it is absolutly poring down here so some one is gonna get wet and it ain't me :thumbsup: . ( Do feel a bit bad but it's now time for other people to do the hard work now ). How you doing ?

Sazlou - How you getting on ?. Hope you feeling better. I spoke to my manager and have filled in a risk assesment saying I am not climbing any ladders :thumbsup: . Started doing a little less now but some people still want me to do all the hard work still.

EJ- How you getting on ? . Hope you stew was lovely sounded nice. I can never seem to get my dumplings nice and big they always look like little new potatoes :chortle:

Cleo, mrsandrews - How did your scans go and did you find out what you are having ?

Hope eveyone is doing well xxx

AFM - Day off today and it's pouring down and dh wants me to go and meet him for lunch :-( . Hope he is gonna get me something nice for lunch. Gonna make hime a nice sausage cassarol for tes and then out for a lovely wet walk with our dog me thinks.Not really much else to report. Keep getting cramps hopeing it's just Lo growning and I have really itchy skin anyone else suffered from this ?

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 10:52am

Morning ladies : D

Dawnie yes we can all natter hehe but that's not a bad thing is it, stew was lush I had a bowl for dinner and for tea (one for me one for baby of course :) ) trust me about the instinct thing I'm the least maternal person I know (or come across as) but I had my two boys by just turned 18 with 2 1/2years between them and its amazing how you find you cope/manage but you just do it in autopilot :) you'll be just fine. Is a worry about movement's he's moved few times since tea time ish yesterday but nowhere near as strong or as much as he has been but he's moving enough not to warrant ringing to be out on a trace. I hope you and your lo are good today?

Amyeliz ;( sorry to hear you ended up at the hospital but very glad to hear that all is well and that your mind has been put at ease. I'm sure the stress of it all has exhausted you I do hope you've had a good nights sleep to recoupe.

Net yes he's moving a bit better now but not as much as I'd like though. Oh no not your lovely consultant ;( we need to find bedside manners in a bottle and give it him for xmas don't we. Glad to hear your getting some good kicks too and I hope today with your consultant goes better than the last time, I agree with Dawnie take a pad with what you want and before he has chance to usher you out the door jump in a seat and start asking before he has a chance to think. Maybe then he might realise the sooner he answers your questions the better.

Lucyloo I must confess the dumplings were aunt Bessie's light and fluffy I cheated as I couldn't be blessed only dh wanted dumpling me and the kids are big dumpling fans, dh still mistook them for spuds bless him. Sorry to hear its raining on your day off typical or what :-( it's chilly but sunny here, I hope your dh gets you a tasty lunch sausage casserole for tea sounds yummy indeed, are your cramps in the bottom of your tummy cause I've had this alot and been told its the ligaments stretching blooming painful though :-( itchy skin I've had in previous pregnancies they checked me but I was fine :) I would go get checked out though if it persists.

Cleo, mrs A, Sazlou I hope your all keeping well? I'm eager to know how your scan went Cleo I hope all was fab?

I hope I haven't missed anyone?

Afm I have my nephew today (he's two) and parents evening for my daughter later slept very well last night as went swimming with my daughter after her one 2 one swimming lesson last night.

Xxx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "emmajayne8" (Oct 17th 2012, 10:54am)

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 12:02pm

Morning Ladies

I'm just having a quick catch up whilst going crossed eyed at work :comp:

Hey ladies I had home made stew & dumps for tea on Sunday & warmed up again last night. My DH makes the stew & I always make the dumps because he says they taste nicer when I make them. They're so easy to make & I'm happy to share my secret recipe with you all :eyebrows:

Amyeliz - sorry to read about your hospital scare, such a relief everything is ok thumbup

I'm loving reading all your baby movement stories, I've yet to feel anything & I'm becoming increasingly impatient. Keep laying really still & hoping i'll feel a little pop or something. When does all the action start???

Lucyloo - Have you felt anything yet? Hope you have a lovely day off smile2

Sorry for lack of personals, must get back to the grindstone :pah

Net

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:12pm

Hey ladies

sazlou and all you stew ladies - yum - I also love stew and dumplings. My MIL makes the best, in fact I may have to request some from her!! Sazlou, I first felt LO about 21 and a bit weeks for actual kicking, but felt some weird popping / fluttering sensations about 18/19 weeks which then went and freaked me out before the kicking started!

Emmajayne - hope you're having fun with your nephew and the little guy has started moving a bit more - such a worry sometimes isn't it.

Dawnie - thank you so much for your kind offer. My DH says I have to man up and get more assertive and he's right, so am going to today's appointment (3.30pm, wanna take a bet on what time I actually get seen - I'm taking 5pm¬!) as a new woman....watch this space!

Amyeliz - how's the movement today?

lucyloo - sorry to hear you are itching. I had terrible itchy skin on my legs, managed to sort that with diprobase cream lathered on every day, has stopped the itching completely. But I know itchy skin is quite common in pregnancy. Maybe mention it to your MW next time you see her?

AFM, relieved to say that LO kicked for Britain most of yesterday evening and quite a bit this morning. I guess that she was tired on Monday? Has anyone else had any skin irritation on their bump? I have a load of little tiny raised red bumps - might be allergic to the stretch mark cream maybe?
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE