You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, September 24th 2012, 4:18pm

hello ladies
wow it's suddenly become really busy on here!

Cleo - you are soooo lucky to be able to build your own house - something I have always wanted to do - no land in Kent though - everyone has already built on it! : D Glad everything is progressing well with you.

Sazlou - so sorry the sickness has returned, what a shame. I really hope it goes away again soon. Welcome to the second tri!

Lucyloo - hello!

amyeliz - any more mad movements?! The flutterings I felt have gone away a bit - I cannot wait for good kick in the ribs (remind me of this when I am complaining weeks ahead!)

emmajayne - hello! I have also paid for a private scan and will probably pay for another one after m y 21 week scan on 5 October.

Mrs A - hello - sorry the midwife didn't listen in - hope she does next time. You are super organised buying all those bits - I haven't bought a single thing yet! I did get a brochure from John lewis but that's as far as it's gone, I really must make a list.

Hey Jumsy - nice to hear from you! Hope the sickness stays away

Kittenlove - hello - how was yoga?

I think that's everyone - sorry if I have missed anybody - not intentional :)

AFM I am now 19w3d - all ok apart from quite a bit of ligament pain in my lower abdomen. Saw consultant last wed and got another scan - LO was fast asleep. Nice strong heartbeat though. Kind of wish I was under midwife care though I have to say as consultant saw me for about 5 minutes and was running 45 mins late so made me feel like he just wanted me in and out as soon as possible. I had some questions but almost felt too scared to ask him. Have to see him again in 2 weeks (3 Oct) so will be braver then and see if I can get some MW care as well as the MW I saw at 16 w was so lovely and she would be my regular MW at my doctor's surgery.

Have been having some weird (and sorry if this is TMI ) twinges/aching and shooting pains in what feels like my cervix area - absolutely paranoid about weak cervix as one of my dear friends sadly lost 2 babies at 23weeks to this. I know it's very rare but I got myself worked up into a right old state on saturday and burst into tears on DH. I think partly because I don't know who to call for questions like this - my GP, my MW - just don't know. I am sure everything is fine and I am just worrying too much, but after all we've been through I think that's pretty normal isn't it!
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Monday, September 24th 2012, 7:12pm

Hello every one

Sazlou-yeah you made the jump. I cannot believe you had to come home early from your lovey trip. This sickness seems to get oy when you have finally started to enjoy food :mood:

Mrs A- I can't believe your MW didn't listen to your lo. It would have only taken her a few extra mins.

Kittenlove-howps your yoga going.

Afm- not much to report. Can't wait to start getting a nice bump dh says I am starting to show but all the girls at work say I look a bit smaller. I am struggleing a bit at work. I only get 1 hour break or a full day the problem is by the time I come home I am starving. Also I am constantly thirsty as well. Which isn't good as I am spending must of my time in the loo

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Reg: Dec 14th 2011

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Monday, September 24th 2012, 8:43pm

Bless you Cleo I had my 21week scan 5th this month and I was very nervous and practically peeing myself too. You feel so much better after the scan : D. Not long to wait for your beautiful home then that is a great gift land very productive idea.

Hi Net crap about your consultant ;( next time write a list go with it in your hand and smile assertively you shouldn't be made to feel rushed. Do you find the private scans better than nhs ones? I found the private scans far more relaxed for some reason. I have been having very sharp pains in my bits too very painful and never experienced this with my other three. My conclusion is feet it's the little monkey kicking into my well you know. I feel shuffling before hand then it strikes, if your before 20weeks contact your gp if after ring the number on your notes (this is what I've been told to do) don't suffer in silence if your concerned best to get your mind put at rest.

Lucy loo just one hours break ;( not good in pregnancy I'm sure, I've been drinking three litres of water a day constantly thirsty all day and all night. As for growing a bump you'll soon expand and people always have different opinions on your bump, people have only just clocked I'm pregnant and Im 23+5 then they say how big I am hehe I think if I was as huge as they reckon they would have realised before today don't you?

Xxx

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: 1 daughter, 16 years old, new baby boy 10 weeks old

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 8:24am

thanks ladies ive only seen her twice the 1st time was at 10 weeks and she seemed great but this time, she didnt weigh me, feel my stomach nothing was totally devastated, i dont see her til end of october now and have my 20 week scan in 3 weeks so at least will see the baby again xx
[zx076] :BFP: JUNE 2011 ectopic bigcloud

:BFP: seen @6 weeks [zx076] & 7 weeks & 10 weeks [zx115] also 13 weeks

Net

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 9:15am

Aw Mrs A I'm so sorry to hear that but 3 weeks will fly by, I'm sure

I called my midwife today and she advised to see GP so appointment on Friday - she thinks it might be a urine infection or thrush - as I have had the latter loads it's probably that (lucky old me)...fingers crossed that's all it is.

sorry no time for any more personals as due on a conference call erm..now - oops
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 8:48am

Morning Ladies- How are you all today? I took a wee day of with the hub yesterday and we went to look at prams for the first time even though i was to nervous to even put a deposit down think its still too early. As well as that we went to look at kitchen and bathroom designs its kinda mental lol.

Emmajayne- i am getting alot of them sharp pains down low to especially near my ovaries etc is this normal? do you think its bump kicking around in there? i honestly dont know the difference lol

Mrs A- im sorry your midwife is not being more forthcoming with the doppler it takes 2 minutes.

Lucy loo- im like you drinking all the time but my sis says this is because you need to keep your amniotic fluid topped up and refreshed well thats what her consultant told her when she had the twins

Sazlou- hows the sickness is it getting any better

Hope everyone else is doing well

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 9:14am

Just a quick peek in to say hi everyone and have a bumpalicious lovely day xx
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Reg: Jan 10th 2012

Children: None

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 11:59am

Hello ladies,

It's much busier in here, think I'm gonna struggle to keep up with you all :innocent:
I'm feeling much better after a few days with my head in a sick bowl again. Really thought I'd turned a corner X( I woke up this morning & all I could think about was a fish finger sandwich with pea's :snigger: I had a bowl of porridge for breakfast & sent DH to shops for fish fingers which i'm about to pop under the grill for lunch. DH keeps asking when we're gonna start eating like adults again & stop having kids tea's. I'm still really limited to what food I can stomach & quite enjoying eating like a child if i'm honest - minus the sweets :P

I'll have a proper catch up later, must dash & get the grill on :yumyum:

Love to you all blowkiss

1st IVF cycle Feb 2012 :BFN: :sniff:

2nd IVF cycle July 2012 :BFP: bab22

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 2:25pm

Mrs A roll on your scan then so you can see baby :) I hope your good okay?

Net good luck for doctors I hope you get on ok, hope your conference call went well :).

Cleo did you see any prams that caught your eye? You'll put a deposit down when you feel ready I'm sure :) my pram is at dh's Nan's as I'm superstitious. I've always been told its round ligament pains but who knows, I do get them too and I can feel him moving when I do :). So much for us to analyse isn't there . I hope your good today?

Kittenlove hi :) hope you ok and hope your having a lovely day too Hun.

Sazlou mmmm fish finger sandwich with peas now I'll have to have one too he he. I hope you enjoyed it? So glad to hear your feeling better : D tell dh your warming him up with kids food for when little one is older :D who needs adults teas anyway ah :thumbsup: mind you I could just eat a steak right now.

I hope everyone else is ok here?

Afm 24weeks today :thumbsup: and it's my mummy's birthday she's 52 so will be catching up with her later. Spent most of yesterday shreading paperwork at home boo :-( my filing cabinet looks naked now. I suffered though last night from over doing things a bit, I should know better shouldn't I.

Xxx

Reg: Nov 10th 2009

Children: Yes please!

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 3:49pm

Hi Girls

Do you mind if I join the thread? Sorry I'm so late :O been struggling to believe this is actually happening to us at last!

I'm 24 weeks and it's all becoming very real now - attempting to buy things & just wandering round with a list then coming out again with nothing! ha ha.
We've got the pram - Emmajayne I'm with you - ours is at my mums as I am superstitious too :happy:

xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49
Oct 10 Laser Surgery (PCOS) & removal of Endo
1st IVF Jan 12 @ St Barts - BFN

2nd ICSI Apr 12 @ ARGC :BFP: please stay with us :pray:

Our beautiful daughter arrived safely 7.1.13

MY DIARY

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 3:54pm

Hi Dawnie, long time no speak, I haven't long arrived here either : D your bump pic in your diary is beautiful I must say. How have you been keeping? Glad it's not just me who's superstitious I just don't feel comfortable to have it in the house, each to their own though as I know a lot of people who don't mind but its just not for me : D.

Xxx

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 3:59pm

Hi Hun
How are you?
Oh bless you thank you : D the bump has only arrived in the last 2 weeks!
Funny how we've been putting off stuff so we don't jinx ourselves! even joining this thread. Ridiculous really.

I'm good thank you - so so so so happy, I feel like we've won the lottery! still cautious of course but I think I am going to be like that till it's in my arms. Do you feel like that?

My cousin hadn't even heard of the pram thing. I'm sure it doesn't make that much difference but I'd never forgive myself if something happened.

Have you done much other buying?
xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 4:15pm

I'm doing well thanks : D it's really lovely when you Start to show isn't it. I know but it's one of those isn't it you can't help what's in your own mind can you.

Took me ages to brave coming into here I browsed in here for weeks though. Glad to hear your so up beat and doing so well and yes funny you should ask that as I told my dh last night "until he's here just don't" I think people think I'm mad but I've been the same with my others too Hun.

Once in my arms and I can see all is well I'm on edge. Apparently pram thing only counts with the first but as its my dh first I'm not budging on my belief :) I have few things hat, socks, mittens, bottles I've bought myself but dh mom has sent some clothes and teddy over (she lives newzealand) they look so tiny my daughter was my lightest at 7lb 7 1/2oz I think this little man is going to be 8lb 1oz like my first son gut instinct.

My mom bought few bits too a lady I know has twin boys months old and has offered me them for after Xmas to let them collect a bit and I said yes. I have my eye on few things in Debenhams though : D have you collected much now?

Xxx

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 4:37pm

Hello Ladies

Emmajayne - happy 24 weeks happydance fish finger pea sandwich was lush, DH is making me eat a stuffed pepper & salad for tea but I want chicken dippers :mood: He's really quite sweet as he know's i'm struggling with food & he's trying his best to cook me healthy bland food. I haven't stepped into my kitchen for 2 months now - I could really get use to this :biggrin:
Dawnie & EJ it's lovely reading about your baby shopping etc. I can't wait to get stuck in but think it's a little early for me yet. My DH & I have done a little window shopping around mothercare & was left feeling dumbfounded - so much to buy & we have little/no idea where to start, makes me feel stressed just thinking about it...

Quick question ladies, is anybody having a flu jab this year due to pregnancy?

:xxx3:

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 5:03pm

Sazlou thank you, how far along are you now? Bless your dh he sounds like a star :) two months out the kitchen is good going you should borrow dh out hehe.I do love window shopping and it is daunting the amount of stuff you need, try not to let it stress you out though you soon get in together and start gathering what you need : D

As for flu jab I never even gave it a thought as they never offered it me before or yet. I'd be personally inclined to say no as I never had it with my other children but that's just personal preference.

Xxx

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 5:15pm

Sazlou sorry your feeling poo with the sickness honey. Good old DH. Chicken dippers - : D funny the things we crave isn't it.

I haven't been stressed, just totally overwhelmed as you say with every thing there is! you could spend a small fortune. Most of the magazines have a list of what you need for a first. Boots baby magazine has a great list, it has sections for each thing (bathing, feeding, sleeping etc) and it starts with you'll definitely need.........then it has another list saying you may need.......quite useful when your ready to get going.

I went to get a dummy the other day - read an article about how they dramatically reduce SID so good to use one at night only and crikey, didn't realise there were so many different dummies! bonkers 8|

I've never had the flu jab or been offered it either so I've no intention of having it, I can't help you on that one hun.

EJ glad you are well. Sounds like you have made a nice start. Nice that the mums are getting involved. My mum has turned into a woman possesed but DH's mum, whilst she's interested she's less about buying stuff more about talking & making a few nice bits so we'll see.

I've got a few bits, ordered nursery furniture & got the pram, car seat & monitor. We have a full blood count at my IVF clinic, immunes test, midwife & obstetrician check up tomorrow so after that we're going to go & get a moses basket & a few more bits. I think it's a case of just ticking it off the list as & when we see it. I want to have myself all organised by the end of november so I can avoid the shops during december & be ready in case it decides to come early!

Thanks for making me so welcome xxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 5:35pm

Hi ladies,

Sazlou- Sorry your still not feeling well. Keep going with those fish fingers though they are the best. I could have one every meal time :dancing: . I haven't done any shopping at all. Feel it's a bit to early I haven't even done any window shopping really leaving it all up to my mum at the moment. Its not that I didn't want to just to nervus .

Dawnie- hi can't believe how organized you are think I am gonna wait till after Christmas. Do you know what your having z?

Ej-think I am superstitious to didn't want to jinx anything. My sister was the same with both of her kids.

Glad everyone is doing so well. Have a lively evening

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 5:40pm

Dawnie bless your mom and awww at dh mom making things is she knitting some sets for you? So hard to find people who will make stuff for you.

You sound far more organised than me Hun trouble is as I went 11days over and 9 days over I'm convinced I have plenty of time to get everything. I think I'm secretly hoping it will bite me in the bum and baby will come on time or slightly early. Sounds like your going to have a busy day tomorrow then?

Does look like you've got it all under control which is good and like you said ticking off as you go along. And a good plan of action as you never know (being done by end of Nov) we've already chosen what we want but we haven't got anywhere to store it and with Christmas coming and three children in the house I think beginning of January we will be on a mad one :whistling:

Glad to hear your feeling so welcomed Hun

Lucky loo good evening so your superstitious too then and like your sister mine was same too bless her, you've got time you'll soon be window shopping and spending pennies on baby I'm sure. I hope our ok today?

Xxx

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 5:45pm

: D Hi Lucyloo No, we don't know what we're having, feel awful calling it an it but not much choice, are you going to find out?
One of my friends was told she was having a girl then went in for her c section and had a boy - Doh! so even if we did find out I think we'd be too worried to buy for either sex anyway. We have been having 4d scans every 4 weeks (when we have our checkups) so it's really hard to make sure we don't see anything! I bet you start buying a few bits before christmas, it all gets too exciting! I still feel nervous but you do get to a point where you think you really do need to get a few bits.

You know what, now you mention it, I had a MASSIVE thing for fish fingers during the first 16 or so weeks. All calmed down after that but I loved them, with chips & baked beans! Mmmmmm :licklips:

Emma Jayne what is your due date? You must be around the same as me - I'm 14th Jan, but we're having a c section on the 7th Jan So I really won't have much time after christmas. I think as long as you know what you want ost of it you can go into the shops & walk out with or buy online and have it ordered can't you. You will be fine I'm sure : D

xxxx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 6:05pm

16th January Dawnie so not much in us :) thought I'd read about you having a c-section that's the day before my birthday. I bet it's a great feeling knowing when you will go in : D

No with you going in the 7th pays to be organised doesn't it so you can relax and enjoy December before baby comes. Dh knows what we want, which shop it's in so he'll just go and grab if we get caught out the funds are available and waiting to be spent.

What you said about your friend having a boy when she was told it was a girl. I buy very little in blue/pink even though I knew with all of mine what I was having you just never know I found my boys were obvious though as could see their full manhood, with this one now we have full shot of his bits I did chuckle. I found with my daughter I thought "what if she is a he but with small bits" hehe but she was a girl obviously :thumbsup: you just never know for sure until there here.

Xxx

Net

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 7:15pm

Hi everyone

Dawnie - welcome! You sound very organised - I really must make a list of what to buy - am also finding it all a bit stressful. DH has said we can't buy anything until I am 28 weeks! He is super superstitious after all the scares I have had in my pregnancy - however I think that might be leaving it a little late!

EJ - happy 24 weeks! I am paranoid that when LO is born they'll shout 'it's a boy!' - fingers crossed they have got it right!

Sazlou - OMG fish fingers and peas sounds amazing - I have been having cravings for a fish finger sandwich since I read your post. Hope you are feling a bit better now.

Hello everyone else.

AFM, am truly knackered. Got the 7am train to work and only left my desk at 6.15pm tonight. Yuk. Have horrid headache now and not sure I can do lots of days like that in a row, but I stupidly volunteered to organise a staff social tomorrow night so it'll be a 7am - 10pm day - agh! I was in bed at 8pm last night so I have no idea how I will stay awake. Even the great british bake off couldn't keep me awake.

Also getting lots of aches and pains in abdomen and stabbing pains in cervix area now and then. Also headaches most days - anyone else?! Looking forward to seeing GP on Friday for a bit of reassurance, then have consultant on Wednesday so might hear/see LO again.

Off to York on SUnday for a mini break, however having just seen pictures on BBC 1 of the flooding there I hope the hotel is still open!
Have a good evening everyone.
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 7:33pm

Thank you Net when my daughter was born I said "is it still a girl" hehe I believe it's rare they make a mistake though to be honest :D. Blimey you have got a manic week planned haven't you. 28weeks to get stuff will be fine you can list and choose beforehand then you can just fetch it soon all pulls together.

As for headaches, pains in tummy and stabbing in cervix I have all these daily I'm sure they think I'm a hypochondriac but as I said to you before I've never experienced this stuff with my other kids. I'm on 4weekly checks as have hypertention of right kidney and an under active thyroid and they keep reassuring me that all is well. I thought cervix pain was down to my daughter tearing it when she was born 6 1/2years ago but now I'm not so sure. Hopefully doctors will put your mind at ease on Friday or get you on mend (if infection in urine or thrush) and fingers crossed Wednesday you get to her your lo's heart beating away : D.

York sounds great I'm sure hotel will still be open and it'll give you a well deserved rest as well enjoy, we're Devon in a caravan so let's hope it brightens up or I'll be frozen. Hope your having a good evening

Xxx

Net

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 8:13pm

Thanks Emmajayne - i am worried by every little twinge or pain - but sometyhing definitely doesn't feel quite right 'down there'! I do think it's thrush though the longer it goes on, so hope it is that as relatively simple to treat.

Have a lovely time in Devon, I love it there, one of my favourite places in the UK.

Enjoy your evening too
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 8:42pm

Your welcome Net it's perfectly natural to worry about the twinges/pains at least you'll know come Friday. Yes thrush is easy to treat but a real discomfort isn't it.

Haven's flagship site Devon Cliffs were staying I love it there can't wait : D

Xxx

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 10:12pm

Hey ladies have I started a fish finger party :dance: As my DH forced me to eat a healthy tea I'll be having another fish finger sandwich tomor for my lunch - think i'll be dreaming about it tonight :chortle:
Net - hope your Dr gives you plenty of reassurance & I'm sure all the aches & pains are perfectly normal at this stage, everyday I experience a different type of ache or pain, think I'm driving my DH insane. Sounds like a mini break is just the medicine you need. I'm not far from York & don't worry too much about the floods, York always floods just avoid the river bank area. If you get chance pop into Rustique for your dinner, it's lovely & really cheap if you eat before 7pm smile2

Hmm I'm just wondering what i'm still doing awake at this time, must be feeling better as i'm usually asleep by 9pm zzzz

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 7:55am

You have indeed if the baby comes out smelling fishy I'm holding you responsible hehe :thumbsup: hope you slept well after staying up later good to hear you think it's a sign your feeling better. I got up to find my milk man hasn't been grrr so 7am run to shop and three hungry kids and me, think he's on holidays and his stand in clearly has his own round first. How dare he :)

Xxx

Net

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 8:27am

Thanks for thw tip Sazlou, will look that one up. My dear friend texted mw last night to say she called the hotel we are staying at to make sure we get VIP treatment - she works in PR and deals with the hotel a lot - so so sweet of her - looking fwd to it even more now!

Sazlou, also meant to say I am having flu jab as I always have it because I am asthmatic.

Happy thursday everyone xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 8:54am

Morning Ladies- Sazlou you have started a craze and now im craving fish finger sandwiches lol lol lol lmao

Im glad to read you are all have twinges and pains and things it makes me feel better knowing this is normal enough

As for the superstitions about having baby things in house we are the same nothing is allowed over the door step even though i do have the mother and baby pack i got from sainsburys which was excellent i might add and a packet of nappies, might have to get rid down to my mums.

I seen a few travel systems i would like but my god they range from aroun £280 up til £1000 it just really depends on how much you wanna spend. My sister got the graco travel system for the twins and she thinks its very good and my brother is thinking about a graco for his lo when its born but i find them very heavy and the carrycots are heavy even without a baby in them lol. I will be test driving a few before i buy but i think im gonna be practical and get a good value for money one becauese £1000 can go towards alot of other things

I have no real updates my sis in law showed me her big scan pictures last night they are so adorable and so detailed now i cant wait til mine!!!

HAve a great day!!!

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 10:12am

Cleo things are so expensive aren't they especially prams we brought a KAPS3 city driver travel system in blue off eBay for £80 (well my mom did) owned by grandparents and can see it was barely used, we had it Valeted though. They're £350 plus brand new so were very happy with it (has suspension : D).

My sister had a Graco too with my nephew and loved it personally it isn't for me it was lightweight and easy to push but apart from the cup holder I wasn't struck hehe. Each to there own I guess, my cousin has an icandy and is still madly in love with it after a year :D. Test driving them is definitely a good idea :).

Awwww at your sister in law showing you scan pictures when is she due and when is your next scan? Sorry if you've already told me I have a brain like a sieve lately. I'm having 4d 27th October as I want a birth weight estimate so I know what size bits and bobs to buy : D

I hope everyone else is good this morning?

Xxx

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 10:41am

Hey Emmajayne- My sis in law is due 20 days before me on 6th Feb, they were the lucky natural first time they tried and got pregnant but then she is only 24 so age on her side!!!! My big scan is 16th October feel like light years away. i fell in love with icandy as well but its a bit expensive by the time you buy all the accessories for it the test driving is fun we did a few the other day just for a laugh to see how hard they were to put up and down, how heavy, compact wheels etc i might have a wee look online at the one you have got . Im not adverse to getting a second hand one either but its getting it in good enough shape

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 11:37am

She's only 3 weeks behind me then :) I was 24when I had my last baby. Awww it'll soon be here just under 3weeks away isn't it? The icandy is well pricey I think my cousins mom paid a £1000 with all the accessories but its still in good order and is definitely worth it from what I've seen it's brought my cousin alot of happiness bless her and her little man too : D

We were very lucky to get second hand system in such good order it's totally immaculate that's a rare thing to come across though, but it's always worth looking in case. My dh was set on new a hauck condor travel system but the one we have got swayed him due to its condition.

I hope your keeping well today?

Xxx

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 1:01pm

Hi everyone.

Glad everyone is doing well x

Dawnie- I think we are going to find out. We are so excited we are pg that we would be happy with either a boy or a girl. But people keep saying it will be easier to get organized if we know what we are having.

Sazlou- I think your fish fingers have set off a mad craving fest. It won't be long before the supermarkets start to run out if fish fingers :thumbsup: . How you getting on ?

Cleo- won't belong before your scan date is here. It must be nice to have someone who is pg at the same time. All my family and friends have all their children so I am on my own. Just means I get all the hand me downs : D .

Ej- I think it is good idea to buy second hand if you can get good quality so you can save your money for other things. I am getting all my stuff second hand. The only thing I am getting new is the Pram as my mum had paid for all her other grandchildren's prams she wants to pay for mine.

Afm- went to see my friend today. She has saved all of her baby things for me so we don't need to buy anything new. She even went out and Bought a new steamer so I don't have to go and get one. She is even gonna keep it all at hers until I am ready to Bring them home. She even has her mother making me baby blankets. Which is really nice of her.
Well I suppose r. Best get on. I have to pick up my sisters to from school today and I will need to go shopping for my Christmas cake ingredients. Have a good day everyone xxxxx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Lucyloo" (Sep 27th 2012, 1:06pm)

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 2:10pm

Lucy loo it's true you can save a fortune if you look in the right place I must confess I had all new with my first (he's 15 now and towers over me) but with my last two I've taken all I can get given and buy cheap I was lucky though that I found friends who had expensive taste to pass stuff to me so I barely bought for the first year. Bless your mom my mom did same with me and my sister with our first very kind of them :D I was really chuffed that my mom insisted she'd give me the money back for my pram this time.

That's so lovely of your friend your very lucky as I'm sure you know especially holding it all until you feel comfortable to take it and her mom making blankets for you is amazing I love it when people do that :). Christmas cake ingredients you are organised aren't you you have a good afternoon too :)

Xxx

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 2:43pm

Awh Girlies- your so lucky you have mega friends and family none of my friends have children yet and all my extended family are younger than me with the majority not married yet so im not so lucky, and with my brothers wife and also my husbands sister all pregnant at the same time i doubt the family generosity will stretch to far hence why i want good value for money buggy and i dont mind a good second hand anything all will be appreciated. My sister is no good either cuz she had twins and borrowed moses baskets which already went back and the cots she will need and the buggy (its double one anyway) as the boys will only be 8 months when mine and my sis in laws arrives so back to the drawing board for me lol lol .

But im so excited because my hubs gran is a mega knitter and she is going to do all the cardys and jumpers etc which i just love a bit of old school.

EmmaJayne- Yeah my sister in law is only 3 weeks behind you due on the 6th of Feb and my other sister in law on my hubbys side is due start of january whew cant keep up

I must admit im getting in the :xmas46: mood already with allthe talk of christmas cake and just paid deposit for my christmas party at work today the only problem being what the hell is gonna dit

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 3:00pm

Yes but i'll see this time as I don't know the lady too well who's offered me this time from her twins. But previously I was very lucky, yes I see what you mean it's a baby boom in your family isn't it. Lots of friends for your little one though : D.

Wow at your hubby's gran knitting really fab indeed you'll enjoy having what she knits on little one. Xmas really isn't that far away is it eeeek but it's my sister and dads birthdays first though at the end of October so i best concentrate on them first or be disowned hehe.

Xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "emmajayne8" (Sep 27th 2012, 3:01pm)

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 3:21pm

Hey girls

I am very impressed we're talking about Christmas already! The sooner that gets here the sooner our babies will arrive! Yay.
I have to confess I've started buying a few bits for christmas pressies, just as & when I see them for peeps but will make life easier.

Had my check up & scan etc today. Had 4d as normal for my clinic but the little munchkin just wasn't playing ball today, didn't turn to face us once! Had its hands in front of its face all the time & was just in a bad mood by the look of it! Lol. It's weighing in at 1lb 11 which is slightly bigger than my dates but not a lot. All looked good though so that's great news. Next check 29th oct.

It's great so many of you have such fab friends who are giving things, knitting & making, it's such a special time.

Regards prams we've gone for a bugaboo chameleon 3, very similar to the iCandy but lighter to pick up which I thought would be useful. Mind you everyone is so different what feels right for one of us may feel awful for someone else.

XxX

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 5:22pm

Hello Ladies, it's busy in here again [zx126]
Lucyloo - can I borrow your friend? she sounds fab. What do you need a steamer for? Bare in mind I'm still totally clueless with all this baby talk :snigger: Oh I visited my Gran today & she was getting her xmas cake ingredients ready. She likes to have all the cakes bake in Oct so they can mature, the fun part is icing them around xmas, something I've helped with for 30 years & still look forward to doing - such a kid ha!

Ladies all this pram talk is making me feel disorganised & totally clueless. I've spent so many years avoiding all things relating to babies now I feel like I have a mountain to climb. My Friend is cooking me lunch tomor & she has 2 small children, think I'll be taking my note pad & pen.
I was a bit naughty last night & started looking at Cott's online, seen one I really liked & when telling my Gran today she said she'd buy it for us. I'm hoping the same will happen when I tell my dad I've seen a pram I like, then I'll work on the MIL & FIL :snigger: :snigger:

After another lovely fish finger sandwich for lunch I baked cookies & scones which were yummy (even if I do say so myself) to avoid eating them all to myself I boxed some up for my Gran, Dad & even saved some for DH. It's the first time i've felt like baking in 3 months - definitely a good sign :yumyum:

:xxx:

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 8:37pm

Dawnie I'm glad your scan/check up went well : D growing nicely too. Yes good point Xmas means the babies are almost here eeek scary stuff indeed. I'm jealous I have no one to knit for me they've all passed away;( (aren't I a mood lifter). You are good getting bits for Xmas I've not even thought about what to get who yet. Oooow your pram sounds fab and your right everyone chooses a pram for their individual needs/preferences don't they what couloir did you go for?

Sazlou sounds like you've got it all planned out hehe I hope it goes to plan for you, you'll get started soon and browsing is best bit online and in store and sounds like your friend will be happy to point you in the right direction : D .

You baked cookies now I want cookies, no i need cookies :thumbsup: glad to hear its a sign your doing well.

I hope everyone else is having a good evening and had a good day?

Xxx

Friday, September 28th 2012, 8:43am

Morning and aggh Sazlou now i need and want and crave cookies :coffee: im missing the cookies LOLOLOLOL

Dawnie im glad your scan went well are the 4D ones worth the money? Just in case i ask for one for christmas pressie

Emmajayne- I looked at the KAPS3 city driver online i have to say i think its a winner we are seriously considering it, looks compact and the accessories are very good value for money

AFM- getting alot of twinges in my right lower abdomen whatever way i sit on my chair at work its kinda pinching, felt the tickling in my tummy last night when i finally got to lie down after a 14 hour shift think it was baby4 woo hoo, and girlies any suggestions about where to look for a nice dress i have a wedding now in 2 weeks and cant find anything that doesnt look like a bag? Website suggestions much appreciated!!!!

Friday, September 28th 2012, 10:01am

Morning Girls

Cleo check out seraphine online, I have their leggings & jeans and they are amazingly comfy, the clothes arrive within 2-3 days and if they dont fit or you dont like they refund the money super quick. They have some lovely dresses.

Ooooh, cookies, mmmmm I can live without the coffee but the cookies, yum!

I've attached the one and only decent picture we managed to get from yesterday for you to have a look at Cleo, I would say the 4d ones are defo worth the pennies, they are fascinating. My last one we watched it playing with the umbilical cord and opening & closing it's mouth, you can see it all so much more clearly.

Emma Jayne your mood lifter comment made me chuckle!

Sazlou your gran sounds amazing! bless her, lets hope dad follows in her footsteps. I hope your friend helps you - to be honest I'm pretty clueless really, been doing loads and loads of reading about it all! I bouoght a book called new baby care by Dr Miriam stoppard, really basic in some areas but good in that it helps with what you need and stuff. I've been tapping up all my friends for info, must be driving them bonkers!

Have a good day lovelies xxx
Dawnie has attached the following file:

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Friday, September 28th 2012, 10:59am

OMG Dawnie - that picture is amazing now im in awe :thumbsup2: Definitely think i want to look into it now .

Thanks for the tip on the website will have a look into it, and im off coffee too my love its a cup of tea so you can dip the cookies lol lol lol

Friday, September 28th 2012, 7:47pm

Hello Ladies,

Wow Dawnie your baby pic is amazing, can't believe how clear your bubba is, it's incredibly :thumbsup:

Cleo also have a look on ebay. I have a wedding in Nov & have started looking at maternity dresses which don't make you look over 50 :snigger: I spotted a nice wrap style maternity dress which is avail in many colours & less than £20 (not sure about the quality but looks nice). I'll also be looking at site Dawnie recommended.

Today I visited my friend & we had a lovely healthy salad & a big fat girl cream bun for afters :piggy: My friend bought me some lovely gifts which took me by surprise. I've got a goodie bag full of moisturising creams for bump & boobs during pregnancy & a V shaped cushion. My friend has 2 children & used a V shape cushion throughout her pregnancies & breastfeeding. I tell ya ladies I'm loving it already & can't wait to get it in bed with me tonight, think DH has just become redundant :snigger: My friend is not only a mum of 2 but also a nurse so it was great to pik her brain. She recommended I have my flu jab as it's recommended all pregnant women have it, also she told me about a new vaccine for whooping cough - OMG my brain started to hurt again...
DH is working late this eve & as he wasn't around to cook healthy food I popped to shop & bought what I fancied - chicken dippers, waffles & spaghetti hoops. Haven't eaten like this since I was a poverty stricken student, & I loved every mouthful. I know I should be ashamed eating such filth but spaghetti hoops counts as one of your 5 a day :teehee:

Hope you & your bumps are all well & have a lovely weekend :xxx:

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 10:37am

Lol Sazlou I am loving the filth of spaghetti hoops! I was a real monster for comfort foods in the beginning - in fact come to think of it the other night DH wasn't in & I had sausages, baked beans & sweetcorn all mixed up in a bowl, was lush! more filth but has to be done sometimes.

Thanks girlies re the pic, if you get the chance tto have a 3/4d one done defo do it - so fascinating. You will cry!

Yeah I saw on the news about the whooping cough vaccine. I had whooping coough really severley when I was a kid and they think that's been a contributing factor to my immune system being in overdrive & stopping me from not getting pg so I dont know what would be recommended for someone like me. I'm not keen to be vaccinated - not even sure I would need to be if I've had it already.

Glad you had a lovely time with your friend. It's so nice to get helpful advice isn't it! and she sounds like a star with all the goodies too!

What are we all up to today? I'm waiting in all day for my mothercare delivery - between 9 & 5 pm is my slot - generous of them don't you think!

XxX

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 11:31am

Hey all hope you have a lovely day..... I am going to have a long relaxing day watching "mrs Biggs" episodes . Feet up and resting! Fingers and feet feel slightly swollen. Don't look too bad but feel horrible!
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Net

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 3:31pm

Hey ladies

wow there is so much going on I am gonna struggle to remember it all but here goes!

Dawnie - glad the scan went well and the photo is lovely! We've been debating whether to have a 4D scan but may well do now!

Sazlou - OMG the filth food sounds amazing. I also haven't had a potato waffle for a few years but am now adding it to my visit to the frozen food section of my next supermarket visit! I think Sainsbury's should start paying you for the free advertising. I asked my GP about the flu jab and he recommended it a) because I am asthmatic and b) because it can give the baby some immunity as well, or so he said, obviously it's a very personal choice. Am booked in on 11th October for it. Am also considering the hooping cough one. I caught an interview with a GP on BBC1 news and they said it's a safe vaccine because it's inactive (whatever that means) so can't affect the baby other than protecting them, however I shall be doing lots of research before I commit to it.

Kittenlove - sorry you're a bit swollen up! I have been loving Mrs Biggs so that'll be a great way to spend your saturday.

Lucyloo, Cleo, Emmajayne - hello!! Hope you are all well. Sorry no personals - see below for my excuse!!!

AFM I am just emerged from a 2 hour sleep on the sofa with the dog (he likes to sleep with his head resting on my bump now, so cute) - 2 nights out on the trot are obviously too much for me at the grand age of 33! Work social on Thursday was great fun, but they all got sozzled and I left at 9.30pm for my bed. Judging by the Friday facebook updates I left just as the sambuca shots started! Last night I was at a wedding reception, nowhere to sit all night and had high heels on and by about 9.30pm I just wanted to go home! My abdomen was aching, my back was aching, my feet hurt - oh dear! Left at 10.30 in the end, what a party animal I am. The abdominal twinges are definitely getting more frequent.

Oh, GP visit went ok, he took a urine sample to send off but as the symptoms seem to be improving he said to see how I felt and mention it to the consultant on wednesday. I am feeling less of the aching/pressure, so am hoping it's all to do with growing pains.

Went to Mama's and Papa's today for a mooch and had a look at some prams. DH got a tiny bit excited about the whole new world of baby related gadgets he gets to look at / research - I have set him on a pram mission.

Have a lovely Saturday everyone, xxx

Off to York tomorrow for some R&R so looking forward to it.
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 8:11pm

Hi ladies,

Dawnie-love the 4d scan it looks amazing. Never even thought about having one until now lol. Glad you appointment went well.

Sazlou- I have a little confession. I have always had a tin of hoops in my cupboard they are like comfort food to me lol. Funny thing is since I got of I haven't touched them lol. I hope you let us know what is next in store for sazlou's meals. You seem to be setting off a new trend lol. I am also going to get the flu jab. I have spoken to quite a few people and the all seem to recommend it do I am gonna go for it.

Kittenlove.- keep resting and take it easy enjoy your day.

Net - 2 hour sleep sounds great. I ever seem to get chance for an afternoon nap.
Hope you enjoy your little break to York have fun.

Cleo, emmajane-hope you and bump are doing well.

Afm- I am doing well. Cannot seem to be able to get any energy. I spend all day at work on my feet serving customers who spend he day asking me o climb ladders and complaining they want the price lowered as if I can Lowe a price of an item. It's not worth my job. By the time I come home I am just about asleep. Poor dh never sees to see me when I am awake. At least we have a week off together soon can't wait. Sorry for the whine.
Oh and it want be long before I have my mw appointment in 2 weeks it will be the first time we hear lo's heartbeat. This is the longest we have gone without a scan.

Hope your all having a good weekend xxxxx

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 5:20pm

Hello ladies, hope you've all had a lovely weekend smile2
I'm celebrating today, it's been a week since I last spewed :puke: Still cannot believe how bad the sickness hit me & i'm really hoping it's all behind me now xfingers xfingers
Lucyloo - can you not be put on light duties at work? I don't think i'd be climbing up & down ladders for customers, that said i'm proper clumsy & wouldn't trust myself :innocent: I've been removed from my role until after maternity & when I go back to work after next week I'll be office based, really not looking forward to working 9-5 Mon-Fri & based in the city centre fighting with the daily traffic :thumbdown: I'll be feeling like you, knackered everyday :yawning:
Net - 33 is a great age thumbup still on the right side of 30 I say :winking: It's funny how dogs seem to sense something, my Dads dog is mental & usually treats me like her giant toy, over the past few weeks she's become really tentative towards me like she can sense something - I'm not complaining as it's a nice change from having my arm ragged off :snigger: Hope you enjoyed a nice pampering recharge in York :happy:

Dawnie - did you get your delivery? did it arrive at 4:55? Usually the case when you get an all day slot :cross:

Kittenlove - hope you're feeling slightly less swollen after your relaxing day :thumbsup:

I went to my friends house warming/bday party last night & ended up designated taxi driver :no: I didn't mind picking up a few friends on route but felt people started to take the piss when asking me to pick boyfriends up later & drop people off in Town - next time I'll be leaving the car at home... I do have a food update [zx188] My friend made a huge pan of curry last night & it tasted like proper Chinese curry, it was delicious. Apparently you can buy the paste in a tub at any Chinese food shop & just mix it with water, chicken, onion & pea's & hey presto. Not sure how unhealthy the paste is but i'll be heading to our local Chinese supermarket tomor & purchases a few tubs :yumyum:

Hope everybody else is doing well & enjoying the weekend :wave:
:xxx3:

Monday, October 1st 2012, 8:57am

hey ho ladies- Glad to see you all doing well and Sazlou glad you are over the sick. Soz for the lack of personals as im up to my eyes already in work so short and sweet.

AFM- went to cinema with sis and niece yesterday bubs kicked the whole way through lol must have liked the popcorn and pepsi i know its bad but i needed some fizz. Abdominal twinges are defo alot now and im starting to get uncomfortable a bit when i sleep but apart from that all is good. Midwife tomorrow so whoo woo get to hear my LO [zx076]

Monday, October 1st 2012, 12:02pm

Good morning ladies : D blimey it's been a busy weekend in here

Cleo the KAPS city is beautiful to push as well : D I can't wait to walk him in it (he would have a name but dh keeps changing his mind originally was James then maybe Warren or Sean) no suggestions on wedding dress or shoes sorry :-( I've never been particularly girly I have maternity trousers and that's my effort at a wedding outfit with a plain top for my cousins wedding in December I think I'll need rolling there by then, oh and my Ugg boots hehe I wore Ugg boots under my own wedding dress back in March so they'll expect no less off me I'm sure. I hope your doing well today Hun? Cinema sounds fab glad you and baby enjoyed it.

Dawnie your 4d pic is beautiful roll on 27th so I can have mine : D I've saw him in 4d but at 16weeks last so he was still very alien/scrawny looking. Just amazing aren't they, they came in popular after I had my daughter (march 06) so only had 4d with this little man. I hope your good today?

Sazlou I had the flu jab Friday I bit the bullet at my antenatal with my doctor, also she said ring about whooping cough at 28weeks as they are giving it in the last trimester so I will do that. Brilliant news happy one week no spewing I'm sure it's made a huge difference to how you feel. Oh no at you ending up being designated driver that's always me. Mmmm your Chinese sounds lush no idea how unhealthy it is though. I hope you had a lovely weekend too :)

Lucky loo glad to hear your doing well you poor love being on your feet all day ;( I don't know how your managing it. I don't like the idea of you going up ladders :-( roll on your week off with your dh sounds like it'll give you a well deserved rest and some time together : D

Net glad you got on ok at doctors and bless your dog sleeping on your bump :thumbsup: grand age of 33 bless you that's nothing still young I'm 30 so your pretty close in age to me :thumbup: you have been very busy haven't you though I hope your enjoying York and get some rest/chill time.

Kittenlove I hope your swelling has gone down and that you enjoyed your Mrs Biggs catch up :thumbsup: I love that programme.

I hope I've remembered everyone

Afm we had a lovely weekend away in Devon but my eldest had to stay behind with my dad (who sits my house) as he came home from school looking awful I felt so guilty leaving him ;(
I got on ok at doctors heard baby : D but only just as he didn't want to play ball (typical male) she advised I have flu jab. My thyroid levels are good (I have underactive thyroid) and I'm back for re-test at 32weeks and see her again the same week. She weighed me though and I'm 12stone 12lb already!! I gained two stone before I was even confirmed pregnant and was told was due to drugs/swelling I look like I have weeks left when I have months ;( I'm only 5ft 4 and usually weigh 8stone1/2 to 9stone1/2. I've only gained a stone since being pregnant though so apparently it's all good but I beg to differ. I was huge with my first son and it took a year to get back into a size 10. So its back to perfect eating and snack limitation for this little weeble : D sorry for the novel hehe.

Xxx :)

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Monday, October 1st 2012, 12:51pm

:hi: girls... i've been a bit absent!
very ill last week with stomach bug/stomach flu - who knows what it was but I wouldn't wish it on anyone...

okay again now apart from ligaments pulling ;)

thought I'd share a vid with you girls of baby hiccupping the other afternoon : D
there's one at the beginning and one nearer the end :thumbsup:
it's approx at 4 seconds at 36 seconds? ... and check out the lovely scars from the operations eh ;)

IMG_1531.mp4 video by amyeliz87 - Photobucket

hope the link works?? let me know lol :rollseyes:

as for weight - 1.5 stone now I have put on! half worrying me, but as long as baby healthy I really don't care deep down after the journey we been through! ... my thoughts are.. when I have recovered from the birth, I plan on walking absolutely everywhere possible to walk (so like within 3 miles) ... and hopefully the weight will come away ?? xfingers anyway hahaha (8 o)

Sazlou - as for that curry... I make it all the time, its scrummy! It's called Maisons I think ?? So easy, quick and delicious :whistling:
And tastes JUST like chinese curry! ^^ ^^ ^^

Hope you are all well in here :hugs:
4D scan in 12 days and counting! It can't come quick enough!
Confirm whether she is a girl or not too :whistling:
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "amyeliz87" (Oct 1st 2012, 12:53pm)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE