You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 1:45pm

I just googled it Booboo and see it's in The Sun. Wonder if it's true. I reckon she has had treatment to try and have a girl. In fact I think most celebs have IVF or some kind of fertility treatment but never admit to it as so many seem to have twins - J Lo, Angelina, and Mariah Carey is pregnant with twins isn't she?

Caz - oh I hope I'm not getting sciatica. I feel OK now, probably cos I've been walking about. I'll keep an eye on it though. I'm seeing the midwife on Thursday so will mention it. Moving to Canada? Wow! My friend considered moving there, I've heard it's a beautiful place. They favoured Australia though in the end, more for the sun I think! xx

Well I've had my hair done today and I think I'm starting to feel that pregnancy glow - amazing what a hair colour, eyebrow wax and a bit of fake tan can do lol!

Off to Mamas and Papas shortly. Never been before. I think I will get quite emotional and overwhelmed. I'm getting more and more excited as the days go by.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 1:35pm

Hey, Sure you guys aren't getting Sciatica but just thought I'd mention it as a possibility as always worth reporting these things to dr just in case!
Hope everyone had fun shopping weekends.
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 5:11pm

Sorry, double post x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shelley10" (Feb 6th 2011, 5:13pm)

United Kingdom

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 5:11pm

Hi guys,
I was wondering if those of you who are past 20 weeks..... did you have a dip in movements from your LO?
I used to be able to sit a certain way or lie on my side and LO would move around loads but in the last couple of days i've not had half as much movements and i'm a little worried as our LO has been such a wriggler.

Any advice, much appreciated xxx

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 9:39pm

Hi Shelley. I'm 23 weeks along. I do get days where LO is not as active. This last week has been far quieter than the one before actually. Yesterday I was working myself up into a tiz about it! I've seen lots of other stuff about fluctuating movements at this stage so I figured that if other people are talking about it, then its probably normal.

Definitely give your midwife a call if you're still worried though sweetie, If she can give you some expert advice (I'm only one person!) then that's really valuable.

At the moment, my LO is practising trampolining all over my internal organs, so I'm not so worried...at the moment!
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chillimint" (Feb 6th 2011, 9:40pm)

United Kingdom

Monday, February 7th 2011, 11:30am

Haha! Thanks Chilli, I was going to PM you as I know we are close in dates.
I might still give the mid-wife a call and chat to them about it - Dont want to leave it if im still worried. Just a bit of a shock to go from loads to next to nothing!

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Monday, February 7th 2011, 1:50pm

Hi Shelley,

Just wanted to say I remember having days around 22-25 weeks when baby was quieter, please try not to worry, but if it helps do contact your midwife. Now I am 29 weeks (tomorrow :0)) my little ones movement is less jerky and more rolling, but still I worry when things go quiet!! I have been told baby has days when he/she grows more and uses it's energy for that and other days when they just feel lazy, bless them hey xxxx
4 MC - High NKC, DQ A Match
3rd IVF - Immune protocol - baby born April 2011
Jan 2012- Shock natural BFP - due 4th Oct

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 10:51am

Morning ladies

How are we all?

shelley - have you felt your little one sinse yesterday? I'm sure he was just having a quiet day. Hope your minds been put at rest though. I can imagine feeling the same as you in a few weeks time.

I'm still waiting to feel my LO, not even a flutter yet. But i'm sure its too early yet. maybe next week..... i definately feel like i'm bonding more with buba now i know she's a girl. it like its becoming more real and i know who she is.... if that makes sense. i keep thinking though what if they got it wrong.... we'd be in for a shock come the 20 week scan :snigger:

I've been having a bit of a worried couple of days what with the news about poor Amanda Holden. We just have to remind ourselves how rare these things are. i think we're are a worried lot anyway though.

I have my midwives apt on thursday. Will she be able to use one of those things to hear the HB at 17 weeks? i was thinking of buying one but i might get addicted if i do.... ?(

Hope everyone is ok xxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Feb 8th 2011, 10:53am)

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 11:12am

Hey ladies

Booboo - I know how you're feeling after hearing about Amanda Holden. It really shook me up on Sunday. My DH and mum have been very reassuring though and told me not to let it get me down as it won't do any good stressing about it, which is true, although I can't help but worry. I wish I could fast forward to my LO being born and it being healthy.

I'm seeing my midwife on Thursday and was going to ask if she could listen for the heartbeat to help put my mind at rest. Will see what she says.

Gender scan on Monday - woohoo!!! I said to DH last night 'just think we can refer to our LO as he or she this time next week!'. Can't wait.

I'm hoping to feel LO move soon though I reckon it'll be around 18 weeks as that seems to be the norm for most people I know or have read up on. Roll on 2 weeks LOL! I keep pressing my belly now to see if it prompts movement down there but not felt anything. My belly is feeling firmer though and looking more like a pregnant belly, which I'm loving. DH has been massaging Palmers Cocoa butter into it most nights and started talking to our LO. It's lovely.

Oh and my boobs are MASSIVE!! Even the D cup is now feeling tight. I was a small B before I got pregnant LOL! Who needs invasive surgery for a boob job, I say just get an injection of HCG and bam you'll have big boobs in no time LOL!! :laugh:

Not really much else to report. Hope everyone is well.

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 11:42am

Well there there everyone - sorry I havent written for a while but have been keeping up with all of your posts!! Loving all the buggy chat although its stressing me out a bit as there are so blinking many to chose from. My mum and dad are going to buy ours for us which is great, we were round at mums on Sunday night for dinner and they said thats what they want to so woohoo thats one thing ticked off the list! She then said one of my Auntys wants to get a bouncy chair and the other a high chair so we are feeling very lucky at the the moment and my wee cousins (who are all in there 20's might I add but saying wee makes them all seem like children) have started putting a box together with nappies and creams etc etc - bless them and I think they might just be very excited dont you!!!!!! Its a great stress of of our minds too as when my current contract finishes at the end of March I probably wont be able to find another one that fits in before the baby is born in July so my last pay will be the end of March until I decide to return to work after the bubba - EEEKKK!! I love my job but hate being freelance!

Booboo congratulations on having a little girl!!! Thats fantastic news and its making me even more excited about my 20weeks scan on the 9th March as we are also definitely going to find out! I can understand why some people want that surprise but DH has talked me round as he literally cant wait to find out if he is having a son or daughter! We have about 5 girls names that we both like now which is fab but still just the 1 boys name. Hoping77 very excited for you too now that you are going to find out on Monday if baby is pink or blue!!! Arrgghhh I wish I could fond out earlier - was thinking of booking a private scan at the clinic where we had IVF but DH said we need to learn to wait and be patient sometimes so the 9th March isnt that far away really!!!!

With regards to what you are all saying about the baby moving etc I heard about a great website / campaign after the whole tragic Amanda Holden story and its here http://countthekicks.org.uk/ - I obviously cant feel my LO moving just yet as its too early but I do think I will take on board the info.

Well nothing much to report here - feeling good at the moment if not a little tired but that could be because Ive had lot of late night over the past week or so. Going to try and be in bed by at least 11pm and get a good old kip - might you that a bit hard when you are up about 3 times in the night for a piddle! Still not much of a bump but its definitely getting there now so hoping I start popping a bit more over the next few weeks. Will be 16weeks on Thursday and cant believe we have got to this stage - just feels like a miracle really!!!

Anyway I better get some work done now - hello to all of you and to your bumps and look after yourselves!

Lxxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 2:03pm

Hello everyone,
I hope you don't mind me coming to chat, I'm 13 weeks today :-)
It's nice to see those I met on first trimester chat again, and I look forward to hearing about everyone else
My first question to you all is when did you stop the folic acid?
Adreamz :xxx3:

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 2:09pm

LozzaG - i love how your hubby says u have to learn to be patiant and wait for the 20 week scan when he's the one that wants to find out the babies sex :laugh: Glad your feeling ok other than the tiredness, hoprefully a few early nights will sort that out.... personally i can't stay up past 10 these days, even on a weekend i struggle. That website is handy, thanks for posting it. i'm going to have a read later. Its scary to think about such things but its better to have awareness about such things if we can. xxx

Hoping - i thought u were worrying like me hun about Amanda holden's loss. my friend helped me put it into persperctive and said at the end of the day we don't sit and worry about having cancer or a road accident and things like that happen all the time, so whats the point in causing ourselves stress and worrying about something else that will prob not happen. It kinda made me try not to worry so much. But we are mummy's now to our LO's and its natural for us to worry about them....we'll worry when they are here too and rightly so. But we should also try and enjoy our pregnancy's too. I'm really excited for your gender scan next week, you'll find u start to bond more when u know what it is (i did anyway). Its like its more real...... so excited for you!! xxx

adreamz - :weehee: good to see u on here hun, welcome to 2nd tri and congrats!! I'm still taking my pregnacare, more because of the vitamins it comtains than the folic acid though. xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 2:31pm

Welcome Adreamz! Nice to see you over here xx

Re folic acid, like Booboo I am taking pregnacare which you take all through pregnancy and has folic acid in it. I also take the Omega 3 capsules that come with it, which make me heave because they're so big LOL!

Your friends perspective is right Booboo. I don't think we'll ever stop worrying though. One of my work colleagues is getting on my nerves a bit though as whenever we talk about pregnancy she is very negative. She has 2 children but miscarried her first at 5 months, which is very sad. When I announced my pregnancy at just over 12 weeks she said oh I kept mine a secret until 5 months because you just never know. Then she came in yesterday and asked if I heard about Amanda Holden and I said yes and she said I told you, it can happen at anytime! She just makes me feel very negative with her comments. I just said well I can't stress about what might happen as I need to think positive. When I told DH he wanted to come in work and have a word with her LOL, he was fuming! I think it's sad what happened to her but I wish she wouldn't be so negative. I've decided if she wants to talk pregnancy again I'm just going to say I'm sorry but I don't wish to discuss it with you as you just make me feel negative.

Anyway, on a more positive note - I've just been looking into prams. I was at M&P on Saturday and I really like their Sola travel system. It was very light and had small wheels, which is what I want so it goes in the boot of my car OK. I have been reading reviews for it on mumsnet and the majority rave on about it. I've read reviews for others like Hauck, Baby Weavers, Oyster, Bugaboo and all get negative as well as postive. I think I'm sold on the Sola though up to now. If anyone on here is reading this and has had one I would love to know your thoughts.

Lozza - 11pm?! I'm falling asleep before 9pm LOL! Great you have a very helpful family. I'm hoping mine will do the same. We have 3 sets of grandparents too as DH's parents are divorced so hopefully we'll be even more spoilt. I know my mum is already itching to buy stuff. We've planned a shopping trip together for the end of March and again in April.

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 2:53pm

Booboo - I so didnt think abut that fact with DH - you are soooo right he is the impatient one haha!

Hoping - I know 11pm is still late isnt it, I sooo need to get a grip on this sleeping thing dont I!

Welcome adreamz its fab being on this thread- just makes it all the more real. Im the same as the girls I still take folic acid and going to do so throughout the pregnancy just for the vits and omega 3.

I need to stop looking on here every 5mins but I jsut cant help myself!!!

Im off to look at the travel system you like Hoping77, Im feeling inspired!

Take care everyone xxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 3:40pm

Hoping - OMG... don't listen to that woman at your work!! Thats so negative saying things like that to you when you are pregnant. I feel for her she went through a bad time but she's had 2 healthy babies sinse then and should know better than to scare monger you. there's loads of women on here who've been to hell and back and they all show us strength and encouragement, they don't try and scare us. just don't talk to her about your pregnancy hun. you need positive vibes around you while your preggas.

Lozza - don;t worry i'm the same hun... always checking in on here when i'm supposed to be working :P

ooo.... we back on talking buggies :thumbsup: i'm undecided whether to get somthing like a Bugaboo that can be for off road as well as shopping ect or get 2 different buggy's. i have a dog and we do lots of walking so we'll need somthing with bigger wheels but for shopping and nipping out i'll need somthing smaller. think we're going to have another buggy shop on hubbies next weekend off :happy:

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 3:56pm

I agree Booboo. There are so many lovely women on here who have experienced miscarriage yet remain so supportive and positive for us. I'm just going to avoid speaking to my work colleague re pregnancy now. Even if she asks me how I am I will just give short answers so not to get into a conversation with her.

I hope to do lots of walking too with my pram as will no doubt have some weight to lose LOL. I need to have a good look at the Sola again before I make my mind up. A friend recommended Mothercare though I tried the one near me but it's only small so not much choice so I need to find a bigger store. Does anyone know any other big chain stores that have a vast range of prams to browse?

Lozza - I love the Sola in purple though DH said if it's a boy we're not having that colour. Purple is my favourite colour. My wedding colours were different shades of purple.

Anyway, could natter on here all day but best get back to work LOL!

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 4:28pm

hi all

trying to catch up on the chat but i havent been in for a while!! lol

adreamz hi again hun so nice to be over here isnt isnt it how ur 12 week scan go?!

cant belive some of you know what ur having already?! how?? we were tols they wont tell you that till 20 week scan! mine 4th april so got ages to wait yet! lol

im still also on the pregnacare and will be right through till i stop breast feeding again!

and i dont need to join ur buggy discussion cos we are using mine from my son 5yrs old but in fab condtion and times are hard! im a bit jelous of all the buggy talk tho i lobed buying all that stuff lol i am going to start buying nappies ect on my next shop as i did this with my son and it really helped

anyways hope every1 and bumps are good xxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 10:26am

hiya ladies

once again i'm popping in here whe i should be working :snigger:

i woke up last night cos i felt pullling and tweaks in my tummy then i couldn't get back to sleep. so i'm expecting a bit of a growth spurt with my bump cos it must be making a bit more room for Buba. I guess been kept awake at night is the start of things to come as in a few weeks xfingers Buba will be kicking about keeping me awake.

mum - i got a private scan at 16 week to find out Buba's gender. The NHS will only tell u at your 20 week scan cos its more accurate(95%) as oppose to been 90% accurate at 16 weeks. i wanted to see Buba again though and couldn't wait until the 20 weeks scan.

Hoping - 'babies R us' is another chain store that does buggies as well as other things.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 12:55pm

Hey ladies

Well i'm feeling some stretching going on today. My skin feels tight again so hopefully LO is having another growth spurt. People are starting to notice my bump now though I must admit I am wearing clothes to show it off LOL!

I am hoping I will start to feel the 'quickening' soon. I read that a glass of orange juice can help prompt movement so I had some last night. I didn't really feel anything though apart from a churning type feeling. A bit like wind but without the fart LOL :snigger:

Bored in work today. Not busy, which I hate as the day drags!

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 12:58pm

A friend recommended Mothercare though I tried the one near me but it's only small so not much choice so I need to find a bigger store. Does anyone know any other big chain stores that have a vast range of prams to browse?

Hi Hoping...congrats on a baby boy

I'm not sure where you live in the North West but there is a really good pram shop in Wigan called Winstanleys or Pramworld. Also, John Lewis at traff centre have some and the Mothercare on Ancoats in Manchester but Winstanleys best I've seen!

Just a quickie as will report tomorrow after scan and hopefully will know the sex!

Hope everyone else ok x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "philippa_s" (Feb 9th 2011, 1:00pm)

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 4:36pm

Hi everyone,

well I've made it to the 2nd trimester!! It's gonna take me a while to catch up with posts but I look forward to chatting with you all. Just got back from my dating scan and they said I'm 13+1 today so a bit further along than I thought. Must say I'm suprised I've made it here as I've had an awful week and seem to be getting iller not better!! Anyway, are you all still using the pessaries or have you stopped now?

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 5:37pm

Rocky, you must be due the same day as me :-) it's such a relief getting to second trimester.
My sister has given me a pram (in fact 2) but I'm a little sad I won't go shopping for one!! Mind you still not up for shopping yet, managed to buy bread and grapes today!!! Buy so nauseous. When did it ease for everyone?

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 10:03pm

hi all

rocky welcome hun nioce to see you here!! im not feeling any better at all either in fact some days worse!! grrrr but hey all well worth it

hoping that feeling in excatly what i feel and did with my 1st!! also feels like a fish swimming in my tummy sometimes!! this is the baby with your 1st most people pass it off as wind but i know for sure its bubba this time!! it moves more when hubby hold my tummy at night which is lovely!!

well getting bigger and bigger everyday & love the whole thing even the sickness!! lol ive sold my quad bike :( so helped pay off some of my ivf makes it a bit easier but not much!! still working every day and night it feels grrrr roll on maternity leave

take care all xxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 10:39pm

Hi all,
Everyone sounds like they are getting on really well x
I'm off to bed in a mo, very early start tomz. I've been feeling little man more so relaxing a bit more into it now. My belly is really REALLY popping out now and i'm getting comments from people on a daily basis about it! I asked a nurse today whether its classed as big but she said that it was fine. Belly looks gorgeously round and I feel like if I keep growing at this rate, i'll be huge by the time June comes round!! lol xx

Take care all, need my bed xx

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 8:57am

Morning!

aw loving this bump talk.... mine seems a little bigger today but it might be the top i'm wearing. i do tend to wear fitted clothes to show it off as oppose to hiding it underneath baggy things.

Shelly - i think at the stage your at you will start to see your bump grow at a fast rate. I think after 20 weeks most ladies start to have a real nice bump on them. It must be so lovely to show it off. i can't wait to look proper pregnant. at the moment i think people who don't know me wouldn't dare ask incase i wasn't cos it not quite obvious yet.

Its funny how people always worry there bump is too big or small and ask their midwife if its ok. i used to think mine was a bit big, then last week i thought it'd shrunk..... and now i'm feeling big again...lol. there is just no pleasing us :snigger:

Rocky - good to see u in 2nd tri hun and congrats on your scan :thumbsup: i was sickly until 16 weeks hun and i still have bad days (more good than bad though now) so i think it depends person to person. its nice u and adreamz are due the same day! wonder who gets there first......

mum - u sounds like u work hard hun. can't u skive off and hide somewhere while your at work..lol. like u say, just think of that nice time off you'll have soon though. :happy:

well all this talk of feeling the baby is getting me really impatiant.... i'm rubbing, drinking water, prodding (gently!) and stroking and still not a flutter. Buba will let me know she's wriggling in her own time i supppose, i can't expect too much of her already. i can't wait to feel her though. i know she'll be moving now but its just that i can't feel it yet...bless her little delicate dancing!

I have short day at work today as i have a midwife apt at 4.

Hoping - i know you have one too so hope yours goes well too hun. xfingers our midwives will do the HB doppler thing so we can hear our LO's [zx076] That would make my day : D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 10:08am

not having a good day :( had bit of cramping last few days & today is really bad!! they are quite sharp too now!!! hpe all is fine?! got day off today so just going to rest xxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 10:18am

Hi all,

Mum82 - yes just rest today. Could it be trapped wind? If it gets worse don't sit at home worrying - call your midwife. But I'm sure all is fine it probably just things stretching.
Adreamz - I've been given a due date of 16th Aug - does that tally with yours? I was hoping for a later due date as I will loose holiday pay and have to have maternity pay as it's the summer hol. Nevermind!
BoobBoo - good luck with he midwife - hope you get to hear the heartbeat!

AFM - I'm off work sick - have been all week after my fainting episode at weekend. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow as I'm not sure whether I'll be up to work next week either (feeling very guilty for being off -stress!!!). Still feeling really awful - it's been worse than ever this week - in fact I'm wondering if it's just pregnancy or if I have caught some kind of bug??
Hope everyone else is OK

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rocky" (Feb 10th 2011, 10:19am)

Caz

Ace

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 11:18am

Just a quick note as I like to keep up. Rocky - if you fainted have you had your iron levels tested recently?

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 11:24am

No my iron levels haven't been checked. I was taken to hospital as I collapsed in asda and they just took my blood pressure and said it was low and said I was probably dehydrated. I thought that they should have checked my blood but they just seemed keen to write it off as general pregnancy related and get rid of me. So I've booked a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I might suggest an iron test.

Caz

Ace

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 12:20pm

I def would, I'm no doctor but exact same happened to my friend (in John Lewis) and turned out she was pretty anaemic. A few tablets and a iron enriched diet and she felt like a different person.

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 2:26pm

Just to back up what Caz says, go get it checked - if you're not lacking in iron then no harm has been done just a little bit of time taken, but could save you a lot of fatigue and fainting if you are.

Hope you're feeling much better soon

S x
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 7:17pm

Rocky did they not take your bloods at the scan? They did with me. Gp will definately request bloods but mention it if he doesn't. Yes I'm due 16th too :-)
Mum82 try and rest Hun, it's probably the ligaments streching. Hope your feeling better soon. Xxx
Booboo how did the midwife appointment go? When can they first hear the hb?
Shelly has the belly just suddenly popped out or was it progressive. I'm not showing at all, just a little extra weight everywhere!!
Afm still feeling nauseous but now I'm getting worried that I'm eating too much sugar as when I'm at work I'm eating a pack of sweets to keep me going. Anyone got any suggestions of how to survive 12.5 hour shifts?

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Friday, February 11th 2011, 7:40am

Hi everyone and welcome to all those new to 2nd tri! It's time to enjoy being able to relax a bit and watch bump growing! Well, it has been a busy week so i'll keep this short and catch up more at the weekend.

Adreamz - have you tried crackers? I work long days too (although mainly sat on my bum!) and I'm no expert on eating healthily. always far too tempted to reach for the choccie biscuits but I hear that crackers help keep the queasiness and hunger at bay. Also, I have a doppler and hb could be heard from about 14 weeks so I imagine same with the midwife.

Have a good Friday!

X
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Friday, February 11th 2011, 10:21am

Hi,

Yes I had blood taken at the scan but that was for the Downes. Seen the doctor this morning. He's signed me off sick for next week and wrote 'malaise' on note as I've not told work I'm pregnant yet. I've googled it and it means a general feeling of unwellness so not sure what I'm going to say to work. He didn't do any bloods as he seemed to have some recent results on his computer so maybe the midwife did an iron test a few weeks back. Anyway he did a few other checks and said everything seemed OK and gave me a prescription for sickness - but I'm not going to take it - just got it for emergency really.

Hope everyone else is OK today. I've got to have something to eat now and that will start all the sickness off xx

Friday, February 11th 2011, 10:43am

Morning everyone

rocky - hope u start to feel better soon hun. its funny cos i remember thinking maybe i had a bug or something when i felt really bad, it turns out it was infact just pregnancy related though. i never knew it could make you feel so bad. Maybe your blood pressure was a contributing factor to your collapse too. i've always had low BP (apparently a good thing) and sinse i've been preg its got lower so my MW keeps warning me not to get up or move too quickly so i don't faint. so maybe it was a bit of blood pressure added to your sickness. hope u start to feel better soon hun. rest up xxx

Harry - where did u get your doppler from. i've been thinking of getting one but it scares me incase i can't find the HB, but it would be reassuring to get one as i can't feel Buba just yet. Do u find yours easy to use? xx

adreamz - hope u start feeling better too hun. i used to suck on sweets to keep my sickness at bay. I also sneak into the changing rooms every hour or so and eat a bannana or a packet of crisps or a just something to keep me going. I find hunger really makes me feel ukky so i try not to get that way. crackers are good like Harry suggested. xxx

mum - i had really bad crampy, stretchy feeling at about 14/15 weeks. It was that bad and i was that scared i rung my hospital to speak to a midwife and she reasssured me unless it was excrutiating and unless i was bleeding then its all normal. Its just the uterus making way for the baby. our organs and everything get moved don't they. Hope its feeling better today hun. xx

Hoping - good to see in your diary that your MW apt went well too hun. xxx

AFM - MW apt was amazing. we got to hear Buba's precious HB [zx076] me and hubby were just so happy : D The mw also checked the top of my uterus which is now at the same leval as my belly button. so all went great. we're soo happy at the mo that things are going well. i went shopping with my mum afterwards and we went to debenhams and bought Buba some pink babygrows and dresses..heehee. i got my hub a valentine prezzie from buba too, its a baby grow for Buba that says 'my heart belongs to daddy'. i think he will like that more than what i've got him.... :snigger:

Have a good friday everyone

so glad to be almost touching the weekend :thumbsup:

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 3:34pm

Hope you don't mind another little one joining! Well, i'm not so little, getting bigger by the day! How exciting think we are all going to be Mummies around the same time!! I'm due on 26th August, so am 12 and half weeks and so far everything is going well. We had scans at 8, 10 and 12 weeks and now I will wait for the big one at 18 weeks (I think we'll wait, but we may have another private one - i'm the scan queen - it reassures me!!). DH and I are living in Norway at the moment, so they do things a little different and do a big 18 week scan rather than 20 week scan. Only problem I am having is a build up of crinone progesterone gel - its disgusting! I was taking 2 a day until 9 weeks then 1 a day until I finished up last week, so hoping it all clears soon.

We told everyone yesterday and it was such an emotional day, but in a very good way. We have been overwhelmed by messages of support and my boss (who is this really stern business like woman) was crying, hugging me and kissed me on the forehead!! People's kindness has been incredible, especially those who know what a journey it has been for us.

Thought I was starting to feel a bit better, but think i've had my worst day yet! Had to change the bedsheets at 6am as didn't make it out of bed before I was sick and just been feeling yucky all day. To be honest I can cope with it and it reassures me that all is well. I have a friend who is constantly sick and she's had a much tougher time than me, so I can't complain.

Next step is really the midwife on 6th March and Dr that week too (I have thyroid problems, so have to get that checked every 6 weeks) apart from that just trying to relax, eat healthily and enjoy the pregnancy I have waited so long for! It is all very exciting to be sharing such a special part of this journey with you all. I had a diary, but have deleted it and am going to start a pregnancy one soon, so feel free to pop in along once I get that up and running. Hope you are all having lovely weekends. xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amazing Grace" (Feb 12th 2011, 3:35pm)

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 8:24pm

hi all

amazing grace welcome hun hope u feel better soon!! im now nearly 14 weeks & the sickness is easing a bit

hope everyone is doing well! im getting so much bigger now that customers at work are even commenting on my bump!!!! lovely xxxx

im not as sick now which is nice but it chages everyday so im not going to get tooo excited. roll on april when i have my 20 week scan
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 7:31pm

Just thought I'd poke my head in to say I'm still around and loving all the chat about bumps and buggys and babygrows! :D

AmazingGrace!! So pleased to see you here!

AFM - we have our buggy/pram already, it was a bargain and we couldnt resist, we got a Stokke and I LOVE it! We also purchased our first little baby grows today along with some super paraben free no nasties baby wash and shampoo that we can all use, so will give that a trial run tonight!

We told everyone last Thursday and it felt great, dont feel I need to hide my ever increasing girth at work anymore either.
Im now officially off the prog supps, had last one last night, I am a bit nervous about stopping and have had more crampy feelings this last week but I know that its all probably my body stretching and making room.

Have been feeling really really tired in the pms this week too, had bloods done at clinic last week and am back this week so will ask them if it had shown up and Iron deficiency...if not Ill just have to start sleeping on my keyboard at work...

Hope you have all had wonderful weekends!

blowkiss

freako

Reg: Feb 13th 2011

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 8:27pm

Lots of chat with regard to sleeping positions. I always seem to wake on my back and then force myself to change onto my side. I'm much more comfy on my right than my left though even though i too havbe heard left is best.

Shelley - congratulations on your scan, i can imagine it was a massive relief for you as in the nicest possible way you seemed to have worried quite a bit through your pregnancy, something that i can totally relate too. And a boy as well - lovely. I didn't find out the sex but i'm convinced i'm also carrying a little boy.

Monday, February 14th 2011, 11:09am

Morning Huns

Hope u've all had nice weekends.

welcome to amazing grace and freako.

hiya to peony - how fab you've got your pram sorted already. i think i'm off shopping next weekend to have another look. great stuff you could tell everyone your wonderful news.

I had a bit of a crazy day yesterday but thought i'd mention it in here incase it happend to anyone else.

i woke up at 8 with really bad abdominal pains quite low down like where a period pain would be. It got quite severe and paracetamol didn;t take the pain away. i got quite worried thinking was the baby in danger and i was terrified something wasn;t right and something bad would happen. i've had ligament pains from growth of uterus before but never did i imagine they'de be as severe so i imagined the worse. anyway i went to hosp and got checked over and Buba's HB was fine, urine was fine and BP was fine. i had to wait to see the dr and she checked my cervix and it was all closed and fine. also i'd not lost any blood or water, it was only pain i had. so the midwives were happy everything was ok and it was just ligament pain from my expanding uterus and because i'm small build it can hurt quite alot. I didn't realise the pain could get so bad!! i was really worried for a bit. anyway better to be safe than sorry. Its eased off today after a nice warm bath last night and paracetamol.

just thought i'd mention it anyway cos it it happens to anyone else then they don't have to panic as much as i did. though i would say if anyone gets such bad pains then its always safer to get checked out. the midwives were lovely and totally understanding of my worry.

so a bit of an eventful day for me yesterday but so relieved all was ok with my precious Buba.

Hope everyone else is doing good xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Monday, February 14th 2011, 12:27pm

Amazing Grace, I am so so pleased to see you on here, huge congratulations to you and DH. I wish you a happy and relaxing pregnancy xxx
P.S I am now in the 3rd Tri, the weeks do start to fly by believe me, so enjoy
4 MC - High NKC, DQ A Match
3rd IVF - Immune protocol - baby born April 2011
Jan 2012- Shock natural BFP - due 4th Oct

Monday, February 14th 2011, 3:20pm

Hi ladies,

Gosh BooBoo that does sound a bit scary - glad you've warned us in case it does happen to others.At least now you know everything is all OK!
PeOny and AmazingGrace- it must be great now that you've told people so you don't have to try and hide anything now.
Shelley - congratulations on your scan. Now you know the sex you can start getting prepared.

Well, I'm still off work. I am still feeling rough but a little better now so might try and go back midweek as I feel so guilty. I have a doctors note though so assuming I feel Ok, can I just go back? I've not told friends and family yet - I know this might sound strange but I was waiting until after the scan to make sure everything was OK. But now I know all is OK I've just not had the enthusiasm to tell as I've been feeling so ill. Does that sound bad?

Monday, February 14th 2011, 6:52pm

Rocky that doesnt sound bad at all, if you are feeling rough then its hard to muster up enthusiasm for anything. Tell when you feel better.
As for going back when you have been signed off, I always thought that if you were signed off you arent allowed to go back until the cert has ended as otherwise you are not covered under your works insurance....this could be an urban myth type thing....any HR peeps out there?
In any case and aside from that, you need to be thinking about your baby and not guilty because of work. I always say that they woudnt think twice if they needed to lose headcount and you wont get any more kudos for going in when you were only signed off for a week a few days ago....if you push it and go back early you could end up needing more time off later as you havent rested properly to let yourself heal this time round...

Hope you feel better soon
xxx

Monday, February 14th 2011, 7:12pm

Awww thanks so much for the lovely welcome everyone!

Lottie - I have actually kept our whole cycle quite quiet on here in general, so lots of people don't know i'm pregnant yet! Best of everything with the 3rd trimester!

Rocky - sorry you've been feeling so rotten sweetie and hopefully you will perk up soon. Don't rush back to work until you are absolutely ready and that is strict orders! We have a rule here that if we are signed off we are not allowed to go back early as not covered by insurance - not sure what it is like in the UK though. I can understand when you've not been feeling well that you've not had the enthusiasm to tell people, but hopefully you'll perk up. Everyone will be SOOO pleased for you.

Boo boo - those pains sound horrendous, but so pleased you got it all checked out and all was fine. It is funny because i've had some tugging sensations more than normal today in my lower abdominal area, its not that sore and I think i'm just glad it isn't cramping. I am so pleased all was ok with you and the baby and sounds like they took great care of you.

Freako - i've started sleeping with a pillow between my legs! I'm not that big yet as just 13 weeks, but for some reason it is more comfortable when sleeping on my side.

Peony - the STOKE pram is a very popular one here in Norway. I have a few friends with that pram and they love it, looks quite funky too! It does feel great to tell people doesn't it and I too, was scared coming off the progesterone, now i've just got to get rid of the build up, which I think is almost gone, but man it was DISGUSTING!

Mum82 - I'm exactly the same, never know how i'm going to feel day to day! I thought I was feeling better, but have been sick over the weekend more than ever! Fingers crossed you are moving into blooming stage and i'm coming there with you soon!

AFM - Not a lot to report really. Work is busy and i'm so shattered all the time! Outgrowing much of my trousers because my waist is expanding, but loving it and just been buying some dresses to wear to work, which is much more comfortable. DH is offshore, so home alone for Valentines, but he sent me a bunch of flowers to my work today, so can't complain!
Hope all you lovely pregnant ladies are doing well. xxx

Monday, February 14th 2011, 7:50pm

BooBoo - sorry I didnt mention you earlier. That sounds really quite scary and I would have been a mess! So glad that everything is ok and its always good to read others experiences as it does make you think twice when you are middle of a panic.

AmazingGrace - The Stokke is great, not very many stockists here in the UK. We found another one at the weekend and had another push around and still think we have made the right decision, we love the fact that you can interact a little easier with LO and they get to see life from a grown up perspective when they are moving around.
Im guessing you were on the gel? Ive read thats a bit messy to say the least! Im just now trying to get used to my own :O natural knicker show, this pregnancy is amazing, but sometimes I just dont know my own body!

Feeling pretty rough this evening, nauseous, think I need a change in diet, I havent had any chicken in a while, so OH has promised to do a big roast chicken with loads of greens tomorrow. At the moment Im fancying lemon cake, so OH is trying to concoct something thats not too sweet using madeira and home made lemon syrup... :snigger:
cake,cup of tea, bed and bath for me tonight I think.

xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Monday, February 14th 2011, 9:58pm

Wow, getting busy on here! Welcome to more new 2nd trimesters!

BooBoo - poor you! That must have been really frightening. At least you'll know what it is if it happens again. Really sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about the doppler. Work is mental at the moment - I was in all day yesterday and am pooped! Once I've posted this, I'm going to write my DH's Valentine's card quickly before he gets back from swimming training! Oops! The doppler I'm using is an Angelsounds one. It's on loan from a friend. Very easy to find the heartbeat. I thought I might like a display on it that tells you how many BPM the little one is doing but actually, when I read the reviews, people recommend the Angelsounds because it is quite clear and quite easy to find the heartbeat. If you're wavering about whether or not to get one, I think I wouldn't worry about not finding a heartbeat. I couldn't find it once in the 7 weeks I've been using it (since week 13) and the next morning it was as clear as anything. They do say you're meant to limit use of it just in case of any harm to baby (just like ultrasounds, they're fairly certain there's no harm but they like to cover their backs!) but I'm probably using it about once a week, just for reassurance and always for no longer than about a minute. The only thing worth considering is that I've read midwives etc. say it's best to learn to monitor the movements rather than rely on heartbeat as that's more important. And if you're 18 weeks-ish now, I'm guessing you're not going to be far off feeling movement. Let me know if you want to know any more!

Hi Peony - where did you find your 'bargain' Stokke? I really like the look of those but crikey, they're pricey! Got offered free tickets to the Baby Show today so might head there at the weekend and try some of them out.

Ok, better write that card or I'll be in trouble! Night night!

x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 8:56am

Hi everyone,
Harry I hope you got that card written in time, I wrote mine when I got in last night from work before I gave it to DH oops, well the thought was there!!
Peony, hope you are feeling better today. Sounds like you have a sweet tooth, does that imply a little girl?
Hi amazing grace, feels better writing on 2nd trimester that 1st doesnt it!
Rocky, I think you have to get another note from the doctors saying fit for work if you return before the sick note is up. Rest anyway, you will feel so much better!! Noticed you mentioned you still haven't told work yet, when are you going to tell them? I'm so glad work know now, they all tell me off if I try and move trolleys (they are really not that heavy) and I feel I can do more now because I'm not pretending anymore!!
BooBoo, your pain sounds terrible and I would have done exactly the same as you and got it checked out!! When I was in bed last night I turned over and got pain (just ligament) but it woke me up and said 'ouch', I started laughing because I was thinking about how that pain will be nothing compared to contractions but I'm just not use to any pain he he he sounds like I need to get use to it hey!!
AFM. Had 2 long days back to back at work which have been ok. I just nibble at things throughout the day and when I come in I have an omlette then straight to bed!! Stopped the folic acid on sat and think the nausea has eased since. Still feeling sick and have actually vomited a few times since but I now have moments of feeling normal!! (well they last for about 10 minutes but better than never!!) Can't believe I've got to wait another 6 weeks before I will see LO again. The longest I've had to wait beore was 3 weeks. Perhaps I will be happy when I hear the HB in 2 weeks (assuming that you can by 16 weeks). I'm very jelous of you all talking about prams. I'm going to be using my sisters maxi cosi and McClaren (she had to get 2 as she had twins the second time) which is great and will save us loads of money but means I never get to pick my own :-( My mum did say that I should look anyway and if I see anything I like then get it (she bought the prams for my sister and said she would buy mine) but DH said it was a waste of money and we can get my mum to buy something else!!
Oh well need to do some work today as I've only got 3 weeks till my eam and loads to do as I couldn't muster any energy in the last few weeks!!

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 10:39am

Hiya lovelys

harry- thanks for your info on the doppler hun. i've not purchased one yet so i'll check out the Angelsounds one. The only reason i haven't got one yet is because it scares me incase i do get one and then i can't find the HB - i know i'm a big worrier anyway!! My hubby doesn't want me to get one for that reason but i do like the idea of listening to LO's HB every week or so. Anyway thanks hun. hope you managed to write that card for your dh.

adreamz - u might be jelous of u talking prams hun but at least u don't have the stress of choosing one...lol. i still don;t know what sort i want. it will be a very expensive mistake if i don't get the right one(s). If u have a MW apt in 2 weeks at 16 weeks preg the MW will be able to hear LO's HB. so that should put u on to your next scan. i have another scan in 2 and a half weeks and it seems like ages away even though my last one was only 12 days ago!!!

Peony - mmmm your making me want a lemon cake!! have u had a cupcake recently?? they are everywhere at the mo! i think cupcakes are the in thing at the moment and they are just delicious :yumyum:

amazing grace - i bought lots of leggings when i started getting bigger. they are so much more comfortable than trousers or jeans but i guess it depends what your allowed to wear to work.

rocky - don't be rushing back to work!! now is not a time to feel guilty. no.1 top priority is keeping yourself well for you LO. Hope u start to feel better soon hun and then you can get into enjoying pregnancy more and making your announcement.

AFM - much better sinse sunday. not as many aches and i've noticed itmust have caused a growth spurt on my bump :thumbsup: I was 18 weeks yesterday but still haven't felt my LO. anyone else who's further on then me or been preg before remember when they felt there first flutters?? i was thinking it'd be more probable on a night when i'm laid resting at home?? i know i have nothing to worry about cos it was only sunday i heard her HB, but i really can't wait to feel her. Once u feel it for the first time so u get it quite often after that?? maybe i'm expecting too much at 18 weeks.... any advice would be great though. thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 11:38am

Wow, this is a busy thread! I will try and keep up with you all.

Booboo - I would've been like you too hun if I woke up to those pains. I had some last week whilst walking and I had to sit down and rest. Glad you got to hear the HB again and hopefully you now feel reassured xx

Adreamz - they listened to the HB at my 16 week scan and said they would at every appointment from 16 weeks so hopefully they will for you. If not just ask them xx

Peony - my DH is always on at me to eat chicken and get my protein. I find it really bland though, unless I smother it with cranberry sauce, which I love LOL! xx

Rocky - hope you start to feel better soon. My sickness hasn't gone completely but it's certainly much better than it was. I think it eased significantly from about 15 weeks. I only feel sick now if I haven't eaten and I have to eat something every 2 hours. I am constantly hungry LOL! xx

Hi to anyone else I have missed. It won't let me scroll back anymore.

AFM - well if you can see my signature we found out yesterday we're having a boy!!! bab22 The scan was amazing. Our little boy has grown loads since 13+5 weeks and is still a constant wriggler, kicking his legs and waving his arms. The lady who scanned us is so lovely. She scanned me at 12+5 weeks and we liked her then hence going back. This was a private scan. We plan to see her for our 4D one at c26 weeks. She puts your mind at rest and checked his body and pointed out where everything was - his stomach, heart, brain, arms, legs and his meat and two veg LOL! There was no mistaking it is a boy. DH is thrilled as I know he secretly preferred a boy. I would've been happy with either. I can't wait to buy cute little boy outfits!!

Symptom wise my sickness has eased loads. I'm just constantly hungry now. My bump is growing by the day, which I love. I'm finding sleeping on my sides OK though my hips do ache a lot because of it. I had to buy a bigger bra again the other day - get this, I'm now a 38DD!!!! I was a 34B before. I had a D cup but it was leaving indents on my boobs so I decided to get a half size up, which is better. Hopefully they won't grow anymore.

Been reading my pregnancy books and it's overwhelming all the stuff you need to do know to prepare for the new arrival. I'm also reading up on breastfeeding and may see if I can find a class that teaches you as I really want to do this for as long as my nipples will take it LOL!

Anyway, best get back to work.

Hope you all had a lovely Valentines day. DH nipped out last night, after we got back from the scan and came back with a Pandora charm - a blue baby booty!!! It is so lovely.

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 1:16pm

Hoping - Congrats again hun bab22 I found that once i knew what gender Buba was i bonded with her even more, its like i got to know her a little bit more. I bet you are just on cloud nine at the moment with your little man. boys are supposed to be so loving to their mummy's too lurve sounds like u had the perfect velentines day, and your hubby is such a sweetie nipping out and getting u a charm for the occasion. Enjoy bonding with your son, u'll probably be able to feel him in the next couple of weeks and that will be even more special. xxxxxxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE