You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 5:09pm

Caraz - from recollection, we had a similar issue around the Mhz (but bought from eBay) but it works just fine. It'll be hard to not use all the time - we try to limit ourselves this time to 2/3 times a week (that may even be too frequent but hey ho!) - may have been more frequent last time ...

Mim - wow you've certainly had a busy time. Pleased they are keeping a close eye on you and hope all goes well tomorrow with the tests.

Amber - hope you are feeling a bit better, a sofa afternoon (albeit working) sounds good. It'll all be worth it when the babies arrive!!

We need to start the hunt for a double pushchair (for a toddler and a newborn). Don't really want to spend a fortune on a pram, but looking at the double strollers not sure I am happy putting a newborn in one of those (not as secure). Our pram is fantastic - it's a Teutonia Fun (4 wheel version) - not many places in the UK stock it but it is fab. The maxi cosi car seat goes on, it is so easy to push and steer - will miss it if we need to change it.

As for the girls clothes discussion - if we have a little girl I'll be wanting loads of pink (compared to all the blue we have now) :snigger:

Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 7:12pm

Hi all, hope you all haf a great new year
Mim, hope everything goes well tomorrow, sounds like you've had a busy time over the last week or so [zx127]
Amber, hope the tiredness eases soon, good that you can work from home. You can have a little power nap if you need one :sleeping:
Curly, great news on scan. Wasnt you even tempted to find out? My dh is starting to change his mind and said each day we get closer to scan the more he wants to find out the flavour.
Nikki, hope your pushchair hunt goes well.
Caraz, I love my doppler, I started off using it everyday, its very addictive but now i've been feeling baby move im using it every other day :snigger:
Afm, counting down the days till my scan, cant wait :)
Sorry if i've missed anyone :O xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 7:20pm

Kat my DH wanted to know but I really want a surprise. I just said it straight away when we got in there that I didn't want to know :snigger:. To be honest now I've had the scan and I know I can't find out I'm not overly bothered.

Following the boy/girls clothes chat I am finding it hard to find nice unisex clothes. I guess we'll have to do a lot of shopping when baby gets here :faint:

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Mar 19th 2011

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 8:15pm

Curlytails- so glad the scan went well. x

Amber- sorry youve got these extra nuisances. x

Mim- you poor thing! I cant believe how much mother nature is throwing at you. Stay strong hun. x

Hi to everyone else. x

I cant believe how tired i am and ive only worked 3 days this week! I have started to take it even more easy now- not doing so much practical with my students but its very hard.

Take care everyone. xx

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 8:25pm

Curlytails, I know what you mean about nice unisex clothes, they're all very plain. Im very tempted to find out about baby myself so dont be suprised if I cave in. I promised my family I wouldnt tell them if I find out.
Poppy, sorry your feeling tired. I wish my tiredness would ease too. Everyone said oh dont worry you'll feel great during second tri....still waiting for the blooming part :snigger: loads of people were asking me if I felt ok today coz I didnt look very well, I thought I felt ok until then :)
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: None!!!!

Friday, January 6th 2012, 9:16am

kat - the power nap sounds good, but whenever I try to have it, someone always needs to call me!!!!! (Work) I usually get no calls at all, but as soon as I put my head on the pillow and drift off, the phone will ring!

Cat, is your scan on the 25th? I am always interested to read how you are, as it seems we are along the same days (so, I am 17w+4 today). I think I can feel them move sometimes, it has been for about two weeks like this, in about the same places, sort of increased pressure. The midwife listened to the heartbeats yesterday and she seemed to be pleased with it all.

I asked again about the vaginal birth vs c-section (as my OH was insisting I ask this again) due to me being born with dislocated hips, but they don't see that as a problem for vaginal birth. the only thing is that the babies will need to be checked to make sure their hips are ok, which I am sure it will be, as I think my problem was being breach, which resulting in hips being dislocated, not something else, there was no other family history of hip problems. Well, we'll wait and see.

And after reading a few good experiences of the c-sections, I am not so scared of them anymore (I am worried about the recovery, not the operation itself)
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
IVF#1 Nov 2010 - :BFN:
AMH - 1.49

IVF#2 Sep 2011 - :BFP:
Two [zx076] at 7w+1, 10w, 12w+1
20 week scan - all is well
Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !
28 weeks scan - both babies are measuring average, 1.2kg estimated weight each!

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, January 6th 2012, 6:16pm

Amber, im 17 weeks and 4 days too :thumbsup: yeah my scans on the 25th, whens your next scan? I started feeling things about two weeks ago aswell, tiny popping feelings and now they are proper flutters and get the occassional kick which I can feel if I rest my hand on my belly. My feelings feel about 2 inches below my belly button and you can hear them on the doppler. You'll get lots of feelings with two babies :) whens your due date, I assume with twins its a few weeks earlier than mine. Hope you manage to get some rest over the weekend xxx

Mim, how did you get on today? Xxx

Hope everyone has a great weekend, im off to get some more maternity trousers tomorrow, finding my normal trousers very uncomfortable now and only got one pair of maternity jeans xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kat13" (Jan 6th 2012, 6:16pm)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, January 6th 2012, 8:52pm

Is anyone thinking of going to the baby show in Feb?

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

United Kingdom

Friday, January 6th 2012, 9:56pm

Kat, my scan is January 24th, so a day before yours. They put my due date on June 13th, but then I am also 17w+4 based on the dating scan. It is based on 40 weeks, but I am told that doctors usually want them out by 38 weeks if I last that long.

I get feeling of sort of increased pressure down there, it sounds lower than yours. I haven't heard the kicks n the Doppler yet, but then I don't use it much, probably once a week or less.

Curlytails, I would lve to go to the show if can persuade OH to go. It is quite a bit of a treck for us, but it might be worth it... If I can stay on my feet for long!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, January 6th 2012, 11:14pm

Curlytails, when and where is the baby show?
Amber, you must have really good will power only using doppler once a week, wish I could do that :snigger:
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 8:30am

It's the end of Feb in London. There is a money off voucher in either Emmas Diary or Bounty pack (I can't remember which).

I think a few of the first tri girls are planning to go to it as well.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 9:28am

Hi Ladies,

Hope you've all had a good week. I hadn't thought of going to the baby show until you mentioned it Curlytails. Will chat to DH - not much we need this time but could be useful for double buggies :)

Don't think I've felt any movement yet - probably distracted by DS :snigger: Need to use the doppler more - not used since New Years Day. Only just getting over my cold which I've have for about a month!

Kat - don't remember the blooming stage last time although others said I looked good.

My 20 week scan is on 29th January - be more relaxed once that is over. Already started thinking about nursery. Went through DS's old clothes last night - will be sorted if we have another boy. Didn't realise how many clothes we had bought.

Hope you've all got relaxing weekends planned.

Nikki x

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 11:16am

Hi everyone,

I rarely seem to get time to post but I have been keeping up with you all and reading all the posts. DH has taken DS to Dad's stay and play this morning so instead of doing the house work that desperately needs doing I am having a cuppa and a few biscuits!!!!

We really struggled to find nuetral clothes last time. I think so many people find out what they are having these days that the shops just don't have much. For the first few weeks DS lived in babygros because of the amount of nappy changing and changes of clothes due to 'accidents'!!! :snigger: We rarely put him in jeans or trousers for the first few weeks. I plan to do the same this time. I like bright colours and I have seen that Next have some bright babygros so I expect I will pick a few up from there. I used to put him in coloured ones during the day and white ones at night!

I am very jealous of those of you with dopplers, I haven't got one but I know if I did I would get addicted to using it!!!! I have started to feel some movement now, which is lovely and making it start to seem real!

I told my boss the news this week. He said ' congratulations, it is congratulations isn't it???' what an idiot!!!!! I have been the talk of the office all week and everyone keeps commenting on my lack of bump, which has been nice as I feel huge after over eating for the past few weeks!!! I have managed to pick up some really nice maternity clothes in the sales and I just can't wait til I can start wearing them. :happy:

Nikki- I am having the same dilema as you about double pushchairs. They can be quite expensive and as DS will be 2 shorthly after the new arrival I need to be realistic about how long we will use a double for. I know everyone raves about Phil & Teds but I just think that the poor baby look like its in the shopping basket! Also the fact that there is no shopping basket is a problem for me. I like pushchairs with lots of room for shopping!

How long before the 20 week scan did you all get the appt through. I am desperate to know when it is, even though its weeks away its nice to have it to look forward to!

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend so far!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 1:53pm

Jasper - I made my 20 week appointment on the way out after my 12 week one (did that same last time) - so can't help, sorry. I agree with what you mean about lack of space with double prams - one thing that is great about prams is not having to carry much. You'll use your double pram for less time than we will as our DS will be 14 months when LO arrives. He is walking along furniture already so think he'll be an early walker!

We didn't buy much before we had DS so we had the excitement of going out to buy blue :) Babygro's for the first few weeks is the way to go - I think babies look so cute in them. We still dress DS in them, and he's almost 9 months :snigger:

Nikki x

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 2:10pm

Well, we went to a couple of shops yesterday to look at doubles. Saw some side by side ones, but I am still not convinced about them. OH has a strong opinion about what he wants and I am not willing fighting for what I want anymore. So, it will probably be something he likes and feels comfortable with, although it is me who is going to use ost, I expect. We also had another 'discussion' about the cots, where I want to sell the cotbet we have (there is some paint cracked on it) and get two of the same cots to save space, where he wants to keep it and have babies sleeping in one bed, which I don't agree with - I think it would be better to start them off in their own beds, so we don't have to cope later on with separating them. I was going to use Moses baskets initially anyway, as it would make it easier to take them downstairs or take ne to another room if one is not settling for sleep, so not to disturb the other.

Anyway, my favourite double pushchair so far is baby jogger city select, tandem, and it can be used both as double or single with no hassle. It faces both ways, can take car seats or carrycots as well.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 4:39pm

Amber - sounds like you are having lots of "discussions" with DH. I agree with you about putting babies in cots separately from the start, and if there is paint flaking off the one you have - even more reason. We put DH in his own room from 10 weeks and never looked back. Have you tried pulling the pregnant/hormonal card :snigger:

We've been continuing the double pushchair hunt - some of them are so heavy. I thought our single pram was heavy! We saw the baby jogger in a brochure and looked very flexible (options-wise).

Nikki x

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 5:25pm

Amber I agree with Nikki, that you ARE right! You just need to convince DH!!!

have been thinking lots and looking omline at double this weekend. Realistically I will only need one for a few months because DS will nearly be 2 when LO arrives. Our option at the moment are use the stroller that we have that is suitable from birth with a buggy board for a few weeks and only get a double if I really feel we need one, buy a phil & teds type and remove the additional seat when DS wants to walk everywhere, or another idea I came up with today is appealing to my friends on FB to find out if they have one I can borrow or buy cheaply for a couple of months use! I think we will go with the use the stroller option and see how it goes!!!I really liked the Graco Quattro Tandem, but I saw someone with it today but it looks really long and difficult to get manoeuvre!!!

I have hardly any symptoms now which is nice but they are also reassuring! I have got a MW appt a week on Thurs and I'm really looking forward to hearing the heartbeat! There are theories about boys and girls having different heart rates, last time I was forever looking online trying to work out whether I would be having a boy or girl based on this theory!!!

I managed to have an afternoon nap today and have been busy baking since! The house smells of flapjacks and fish pie!!!! :snigger:

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 5:41pm

Jasper, enjoy midwife appointment and hearing your LO. I had the discussion with my midwife about the heartbeat, apparently if it sounds like a train its a boy and if it sounds like galloping horses its a girl. From the sound of my LO heartbeat my midwife said it sounds like a boy

Amber, i think your right about separate cots, especially if ones got paint coming off it.

Hope you've all had a great weekend xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 6:08pm

Hi all,

Hope you are all feeling ok. I had a big scare on Friday, i had a massive bleed whilst at work. I phoned the midwife who called an ambulance. Ive been in hospital for a few days being monitored and baby is fine. Ive come home tonight as i was moaning about not having had any sleep (been on the maternity ward with newborns!) but i have to go back tomorrow for a scan and to hopefully find out what is going on. They think its associated with the low placenta. Ive never been so scared in my life and ive been a nrevous wreck since- im scared to breath! Cant wait for the scan and to get some more info on what happens from here. Such a nightmare. x

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 6:13pm

Poppy, sorry to hear about your scare [zx127] great news that your LO is fine, i hope your scan tomorrow will put your mind at ease. Lots of women bleed during pregnancy (i had bleeding a few weeks ago) and everything turns out fine so please try not to worry to much. Let us know how you get on tomorrow xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 6:32pm

Kat- I wonder if your MW's prediction will be right!

Poppy that must have been so scary, sounds like you are being well looked after though. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight and let us know how it goes tomorrow. I had bleeding in my last pregnancy and its so scary, but everything was fine in the end.

Anyone watching dancing on ice tonight????

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Monday, January 9th 2012, 4:45pm

poppy - so sorry to hear you have had a bad time, that must have been so scary for you :cuddle I hope everything is looking good after today's scan.

amber - is the cot ok other than having flaky paint? It might be worth sanding and repainting if it is otherwise a good cot - although two matching ones would be nicer :) We are hoping to get one that fits alongside the bed, so I can bf overnight more easily (that's the plan anyway!). They are expensive though, so will need to shop around.

I finally ordered the Natal Hypnotherapy pregnancy relaxation CD - it arrived today, I've just synched it to my mp3 player, so will go and relax with that in a bit :) I used their IVF companion track throughout the cycles, and found they really helped, so looking forward to trying this one :)

Has anyone else come over all weak and useless? I'm starting to have problems getting tops off jars, or opening water bottles! Its like I just can't get a decent grip on them anymore - I'm blaming my ligaments but it is really annoying having to ask DH to open things all the time!
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Monday, January 9th 2012, 10:12pm

Thanks ladies. The scan confirmed placenta praevia and the consultant said it was all singing, all dancing! He said its so low there is no chance it will move and that i will bleed again without a doubt. I have been told to rest lots and been signed off work for a week to see if the pain settles. I will see a specialist next week and hope to make a longer term plan. I will be very nervous about teaching now, if im allowed. Todays consultant was reluctant to answer my questions and just kept saying you'll have to ask the specialist. He said the main aim will be to try to get me to 35 weeks. So in the meantime, a week on the sofa for me trying to relax but i feel so anxious now.

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 8:40am

Poppy - hope the rest will do the trick. Write down all the questions for the specialist, and do not leave the room until he/she answers them!

Caraz, cot is fine, but I am not willing to do the sanding.... It is a pretty one (Babies 'r Us - I love my bear, white, with the picture of the bear and a star) and once repainted it would not look anything like it is now. Also, I was trying to play around with fitting the furniture I want in the room (on the paper only!, sorry - computer screen - 2 cots or cotbeds, nursing chair, wardrobe and changing table). and if it is two cotbeds, it is simply impossible to get it all in without having to put something right i nthe middle of the room!

We had another chat with OH last night, and I asking to let me have my dream nursery. Will see, maybe a few more cries and I can get it... I am not looking to spend fortune on the cots or anything else, I saw some very pretty cots on ebay for £60, or for £90 with the drawer under (as an example). Or I can always use my Boots points to get the cots.

I would like Stokke Care changing table, as I want to have baby in front of me when changing, not sidewise, or again - there are some on ebay that are like normal dressers, but with additional top (Ikea does one too). So - I am not looking to buy the most expensive stuff, but I would like it all fit in the room... Well, I still have some time. We first need to remove the wallpaper and replaster the room.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 11:41am

Hi girls hope you don't mind if i join you from first tri.

Had my 12 week scan yesterday, based on early scan i would have been 12+2 but i have measured at 13 weeks so baby is doing well.

Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying shopping.

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 12:01pm

Welcome sasha!!!! Congratulations on your scan!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 5:14pm

Welcome Sasha :smile:

Poppy I'm glad all is well with the baby, make sure you look after yourself though.

Jasper my sister is a nurse and said she knew the difference between her two boys and her girl as the boys had much slower heart rates. I guess that falls into the train and galloping horses descriptions from Kat?

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Caraz

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 11:28am

sasha welcome, congrats on the 12 week scan :)

poppy - glad to hear you're both ok, I hope the specialist can come up with some decent options for you. Take it easy and keep your feet up :)

amber - sounds like you are going to pushed for space in there! Ebay does look good for cheaper furniture, I've taken a quick look already. We need to get rid of a double bed from the spare room first though, and get a little sofa bed for when my mum comes to stay that will fit in with a cot etc. Because we plan on having LO in the room with us, I don't feel it is so urgent to get that room ready too soon, it may not get done until after she arrives! We'll see how energetic we are felling later in the Spring :) It may be wise to have it ready beforehand though, just in case having her in with us doesn't work out (DH gets VERY grumpy if he is sleep deprived and has to get up for work in the morning!!). I'm not being very decisive about it yet as you can probably tell!
Caraz

IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 1:41pm

Poppy - sorry to hear you've had a rough ride. Look after yourself :cuddle

Welcome Sasha! Glad your scan went well.

Caraz - we wanted to get the nursery finished in advance last time and DS only stayed in with us for 10 weeks. We'll do the same this time - I think getting the nursery ready helps make it that little bit more real ....

AFM - I had my midwife appointment yesterday morning and all OK :) Just wish I was not so tired all the time - still waiting for the blooming stage (although not sure whether I had it last time either) - a myth??

Nikki x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 2:46pm

Nikki, I am with you on being tired. I am working from home today, but have done nothing, guess it will be weekend catch up again.. Got my test results back - no infection, but iron levels dropped, so getting iron supplements, will need to pick up prescription tomorrow. I haven't seen the blooming stage yet either, maybe the iron pills will do the trick? :sadface:
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 6:03pm

Welcome Sasha!

Nikki and Amber- i definately think the blooming is a myth!

I had a phonecall today to say that i had a kidney infection which has probably developed because i have left the infection i was carrying from September- i had no idea that i had a bug in September! The hospital midwife found it in my notes and faxed the info and a prescription to my midwife unit round the corner. I went mad- ive told my midwife and my GP many times that ive got pain and it hurts to wee- no wonder!! Anyway, hopefully it will clear up now.

Am still feeling very anxious about the pains im getting even though im resting at home. At the same time, im going to go insane if im not allowed to go back to work- aaaah!

I hope evryone is ok. xx

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, January 12th 2012, 9:22pm

Hi girls hope your all well.

Well i have a bit of an embarrising problem.

Long story short i was taking progesterone for 8 weeks and got a build up/clumpy discharge from it (tmi sorry) anyway since i have stopped it has certainly eased, still have quite a lot of discharge but more watery than clumpy, anyway when i was 8 weeks after myself and hubby had sex i had a bit of spotting so decided to wait till after 12 week scan so this morning for once since getting preg i wasn't worried and took the plunge, won't go into detail but it was fine no pain or bleeding afterwards however since this morning i have had a lot of creamy clumpy discharge, some is coming out onto my underwear and toilet roll the rest i'm having to clear out myself (again sorry tmi) I don't have any symptoms to suggest something may be wrong.

So i suppose what i'm looking to see is is this normal or not? Could it be old build up coming out? Could there be something wrong?

The discharge gets me down at the best of times

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Caraz

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 12th 2012, 9:48pm

hi sasha, sorry to hear you are having problems! I was only on progesterone for the 2ww, and other than the usual discharge I didn't have a problem. I do remember other ladies mentioning build up though, so I think it is not uncommon. I am finding I am getting a fair bit of discharge now anyway though, which I read is normal at this stage, it is partly to do with the mucus plug that is building up in the cervix, so perhaps you have a combination of things going on? I'd suggest checking with your mw, but it depends how much experience she has of IVF-pregnancies whether she would know anything. Maybe your clinic can help? Sorry not to be more help!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Thursday, January 12th 2012, 10:10pm

I am still on progesterone and yes i have this discharge too been to labour and delivery 3 times since week 20 and all ok normal discharge if you are not sure do check it.
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

mim

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?

Thursday, January 12th 2012, 10:14pm

Poppy just wanted to send you massive virtual hugs so sorry you going throught this my thoughts are with yoy.
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

Friday, January 13th 2012, 11:25am

Sorry Sasha, i cant offer any reassurance but i would just say if you are in any doubt phone MW or clinic. There will be no problem/ question they havent been asked.

Thanks Mim. Im such a nervous wreck. Cant stop crying all of the time. Im resting lots and trying to be positive but i cant get out of my head some of theings that one of the doctors said to me- so scary.

Hope all is well with everone else. xxxx

Caraz

United Kingdom

Monday, January 16th 2012, 1:45pm

hi ladies, hope you all had a good weekend! We spent some time looking at pushchairs - DH fell in love with the new iCandy peach, up until he found out how much it would all cost! Not much under a thousand, once you add the car seat and base!! I still like the Quinny Buzz (which has the advantage of being easily available on eBay), but really want to take a look at the Uppababy Vista, which looks like it ticks all the boxes for us (need one that can go off-road, with a reversible seat unit, and an easily height adjustable handlebar - I'm 5'4, DH is 6'3). There's another pram centre a few miles away that stock it, so will go and take a look next weekend. DH might need some convincing though, as that one comes in at around £700 all in, so still lots of money :( It has non-puncture tyres though, which appeals - one of the main complaints I read about the Buzz is that it can get regular flats in the pneumatic tyres.

I guess it is all starting to feel a bit more real now :) 20 week scan booked in for the 7th February :) And I'm not sure, but I thought I felt a movement a couple of times over the weekend - could easily have been wind, but once in the bath, once in bed, I felt just the slightest touch of pressure on my belly :)
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, January 16th 2012, 5:27pm

Hi girls hope you are all well and had a nice weekend.

I had some blood taken to see what blood group i was and i'm o negative, i'm a bit confused as to what this means theres a lot of mixed things on the internet, all i know at the moment from the midwife is i will need to get extra blood taken and need and injection at 30 weeks to stop mine and babys blood mixing, any advice?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Caraz

United Kingdom

Monday, January 16th 2012, 5:36pm

hi sasha

I don't think it is anything to worry about. They just give you an injection to counter any anti-bodies that may occur in your blood as a result of it mixing with the babies blood at birth. As I understood it (from what the midwife said) it will not cause any problems with this baby anyway, but there is a risk, if you have antibodies in your blood and get pregnant again, that there may be complications with future pregnancies. I didn't get the impression it was anything to worry about, just a routine thing they do to avoid potential problems in the future. I'm still waiting for my blood test results (the computer system was down at my last mw appointment), so don't know yet if I will need it or not!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, January 16th 2012, 6:02pm

Hi Sasha I'm O negative too. I need a jab at 28 weeks and then again after birth if baby tests as a positive blood group. You need to be careful if you have a heavy knock, fall or bleed as your body can create antibodies against the baby (if it is a positive blood group) but other than that there is nothing to worry about. If you do have a heavy knock, bleed or fall then call your midwife who will advise you.

I've had a horrible day, my baby has not moved at all and I've been worried sick. I was waiting for DH to come home from work before calling anyone but s/he has just had a few kicks so I'm less worried now. I'll kep monitoring tonight and tomorrow and if it isn't moving much tomorrow I'll speak to my midwife.

Hope you've all had a good Monday x

ps Happy Birthday Mim :birthdaycake:

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Monday, January 16th 2012, 8:33pm

Curlytails- sorry to hear youve had a bad day. Glad youve felt a few kicks now. I had the same a few weeks ago and my midwife reassured me that babys start their own sleeping patterns so its not unusual to go a day without feeling anything- horrible though. Hope youre ok. x

I had another bleed on Friday and spent the weekend in hospital again. I was given steroids for babys lungs incase he's born in the next month. Im so scared. Ive been signed off work now. If i bleed again, they will keep me in hospital until he's born. I just cant believe this is happening to me.

I hope everyone else is feeling ok. x

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, January 16th 2012, 9:12pm

Thanks girls i know i'm prob just worrying over nothing, i think i'm more concerned because i'm going to a midwife led hospital and need to get transferred to another hospital half an hour away if there are complications, just another hurdle to get my head round and understand.

Thank you

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Caraz

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 11:06am

poppy so sorry to hear you are going through this :cuddle I can't imagine how worried you must be at the thought LO may arrive far earlier than planned. It does sound like being signed off is the best thing though, even if you do start to go insane through boredom!! Try to take it easy - easier said than done I know :)
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 11:04am

So sorry Poppy - must be so worrying, take it easy and think that being off work is the best thing for LO.

Curlytails - how's the movement now? Baby is getting used to their space, and moving around. We won't always feel them this early so just keep an eye on it and phone the MW if you are worried at all.

Caraz - we looked at the iCandy Peach double pram - couldn't fold it down, which could prove fun when I'm out & about with 2 kids!! We have the Teutonia Fun system (not available in many places) but I love it. Shame it only seats one ..... Glad you have a date for your 20 week scan - have mine a week on Sun (29th Jan) and we are still discussing whether to find out LO's gender. The first movements feel a bit like bubbles - I remember last time not being sure if they were baby for ages, easier second time around.

Hope everyone else is OK.

Nikki x

mim

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 11:25am

Hi Ladies
it has been long time i know,just had to get through yesterday it has been a year yesterday and i was so worried something will go wrong,
CT thank you for the birthday wishes ,it was a bit weird celebrating my birthday as i had very difficult last years birthday but i went out with dh it was nice ,i also got a flowers delivered to my door so it was a surprise,

regarding the movements i have been about 5 times to labour and delivery for this ,yesterday too as the day was just sad but babies somewhat have different days too ,i can go on without feeling much for 3-4 days and then he kicks ,but what may be the reason yesterday the doctor said my placenta is not only left but its anterior , i am very schocked as i have had about 13 scans or so so far (because of the problems i have not the movements ) and they always said posterior ,so now i wonder who is right ,but if its anterior it explains why i dont feel much some days also if the baby is breach(like our munchicken) you are likely to feel less,easy said but i know that worry it can drive you nuts.

otherwise i am sorry i misssed so many ladies will catch up and post again,

as for me i am going downhill with my lupus and gest. diabetic now so not great but hopefull,my Lo still have echogenic bowel and we still dont know if its just a fluke or if it will be a ds or any other trisomy , i am very anxious about it but have decided no amnio for now as we will find out anyways,We have bought everything now ,quinny buzz 4 ,bed clothes up to a year etc etc just mad i know but it takes my attention away from worries some days...
i finally told my dad last night and also told him we are having a boy in his family he was the last boy born and i know he always wanted a boy so there was a bit of hard feelings from my sister who has two beautiful girls but I am just happy to be having a baby

poppy i am so so very sorry this is happening but just really really take it easy ,this is all you can do for the type of placenta you have , I still get so scared when i hear blood ,knowing how much i bled but my little boy hang on and the + is you are in such a week that baby has very very good chances if born sooner so huge [zx127] to you
;)
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 5th 2008

Children: Yes please!

Thursday, January 19th 2012, 7:17pm

Hi Ladies

I am being brave and jumping to the second trimester, as 13 weeks today!

Hi Mim, sounds like you have been through a lot and are still going through a difficult time. Nice that you told your dad.

Poppy, so sorry to hear that you are going through such a worrying time. Take care x

Curlytails, sorry that you are going through a worrying time as well. Hope you are feeling more movement now.

I've been noting down the comments about the pushchairs. I imagine it is a nightmare trying to decide which to go for as there are so many.

hi to everyone else.
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
(ICSI x 4, FET x 6 - 2 early losses)
Tx no. 10 - Immune Protocol through Dr Gorgy :BFP:
MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, January 19th 2012, 7:24pm

Welcome Beanie :wave: doesn't it feel great to be in the second tri?!

My baby is wiggling away like normal now so I'm far less worried thanks.

Will drop back later with some personals grouphug x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Caraz

United Kingdom

Friday, January 20th 2012, 10:42am

welcome Beanie :hi: enjoy the second trimester, it is so much better than the first!!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, January 20th 2012, 7:48pm

Great to see you here Beanie!

I had a MW appt yesterday and heard the heartbeat, which brought tears to my eyes. The MW and student commented on how small my bump is particularly as this is my second, funny as I feel huge!!!!

A while back we were talking about neutral coloured clothes and I noticed in Boots this week that they have some really nice neutral baby grows. Has anyone started buying anything yet???

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Caraz

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 21st 2012, 4:17pm

hiya, hope you are all having a nice relaxing weekend :)

Jasper - it is lovely to hear the heartbeat, I'm so glad we bought a doppler, we use it a couple of times a week :) It would be too long to wait for the next mw appointment!

mim - sorry you are having problems :cuddle nice that your dad is so happy though - we have a similar thing, my MIL is desperate for a new grandaughter, as the last four babies have been boys :)

hope everyone else is doing well.

We've been looking at pushchairs again today, drove out to a shop a few miles away that sells the two we were interested in, the Teutonia Spirit 3 and the Uppababy Vista. We are now totally sold on the Uppababy, it just ticks all the boxes for us (reversable seat unit, good for off road, handlebar suitable for very tall DH!) and has great reviews (unless you need to use buses regularly, it isn't ideal for that). The Teutonia was also good, but a bit heavier and clunkier feeling - really solidly built! The Uppababy is also solid, but feels and looks lighter. I'll be keeping an eye on eBay and elsewhere for a secondhand model, but they don't seem to come up that often.

We also went into a Mamas and Papas outlet - loads of gorgeous baby clothes, but I resisted buying anything - it still feels too early for that. Maybe once the gender is confirmed, I might start looking on eBay for bargains :)
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE