You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:28am

Morning ladies

Welcome Alaysa! I love that name by the way. Bet your bump is massive with twins? xx

KayJay - we're going to Mama and Papas on Saturday so will have a nosy at the Zoom model. We don't want to pay a fortune so think I will avoid looking at the Bugaboos lol just in case! xx

That's interesting re sushi. I do like it but don't quite fancy it at the moment. I may ask for the prawns though in my favourite Wagamamas dish now though as they are tasty.

Scoffs - wow, 9 pounds at 40 weeks! I think I am going to have a big baby, not sure why but just have a feeling xx

Booboo - what type of maternity clothes are you after? Do you need black pants for work? I got a lovely pair from Next which fit perfectly and I got my size 12 and there is plenty of room for the bump to grow but they're not too baggy. They were only £35 xx

Hi to everyone else.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 9:13am

Morning huns

this week seems like its taking its time!! probably cos i'm impatiantly waiting for my scan tomorrow : D

Hoping - i was looking for some jeans hun cos i seem to be living in leggings at the moment. fortunatey i can wear what i like for work (within reason) cos i work in a lab so we get changed into tunics and trousers over our clothes (and as of yet they still fit due to there baggy fit :thumbsup: ). Its going out clothes and jeans that i'm having trouble with. i was looking at dresses but the ones i liked i know wouldn't fit for much longer when my bump starts to grow and i've not found any mat jeans that fir well yet. my mum suggested Next though cos they do long tunic type tops that are supposed to be nice so i will prob have a look. xxx

Kayjay - the zoom model looks nice too. i like 3 wheelers myself, they are quite trendy i think...... i know we're not supposed to buy buggy's cos of what they look like but i can't help it..lol. xx

caz - i've been thinking of dippy egg too lately :yumyum: must be just because its somthing we can't have so we want it more. xx

scoffs - sounds like your scan was amazing been able to see your little girls face. predicted 9lb....ouch :snigger: my friend had a 10lb 9oz baby and she's only small herself. its good to have a healthy nice sized baby though. xx

If you can eat sushi then can we eat prawns?? i've been steering clear but i love a prawn stir fry (cooked by myself so not froma takeaway where chance of food poisoning would be higher). mmmm the thought of a big juicy prawn in shezwan sauce :yumyum:

tomorrow i find out if i'm having :girl: or :boy: I can't wait to see Buba again happydance

hiya to everyone else xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 10:27am

Booboo - Next has some great jeans too, I've definitely found them best for mat clothes. Mine have been round several friends in the interim and I'm still wearing the £20 jeans to death.
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 10:34am

Think i'll have to try Next for clothes then. though when i went last month they said they didn't do maternity clothes anymore ?( ?( maybe i need to go to a bigger store where they'll do the mat clothes....xxx

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 11:03am

Whoah! Loads to catch up on so sorry if I miss anyone/thing!

Hi to Alaysa and bye to Caz and Nikki...not long to go now!

Booboo, how exciting!! I can't wait til my scan next week to find out (if bubba playing ball!)

On food, you can eat prawns if they are cooked i.e pink, rather than bluey grey colour. I ate loads of smoked salmon in 1st tri without thinking of it as raw fish...whoops! I was most relieved about reading about steak not having to be fully cooked as long as it's uk produced as can't stand well done meat.

On clothes, Dorothy Perkins, Hand M and ASOS I've used so far for jeans and tops, although did get a pair from ASDA too for about £5 in the sale. The Dorothy Perkins ones are mamalicious ones and are just lovely although they were £40 I think. Don't work so don't need work type clothes!

On prams, we had a Mamas and Papas Luna from birth about £140 I think and it's STILL going strong and has had some heavy usage, for example, buggyfit and cross country activities. It's lightweight enough (8kg I think) to be a buggy but was substantial enough when LO was a baby. Never felt the need to change it or have another as this does the job! I'm after a double but still undecided, although leaning towards either a babyjogger city double or the nipper 360 double. I looked at the icandy but too small really for my LO and can't quite get my head around the phil and Teds and where Baby goes.

AFM, had midwife last week but all ok! Exciting news was that DP felt baby move/ kick which he was over the moon with.

Sorry for lack of personals but there is soooooo muchhhh chat lol x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Caz

Ace

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 1:11pm

Boo boo - only the retail park type nexts seem to have mat clothes anymore but even they have a limited range. Best thing to do is go online as they have a huge range. If you haven't shopped online with them before I'm sure you can find a money off voucher somewhere too to make up for the delivery charge and if things aren't right you can take them back to store rather than have to faff with posting back etc. If you're not sure between two sizes I'd go slightly smaller in the mat clothes. Eg I was a 16 pre-preg (still got tummy from DS1!!) but their size 14 mat jeans fit me perfectly.

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 1:45pm

Thanks for that Caz - i might try online then [zx017] wonder why they've stopped selling them in store.... very strange!! xx

philippa - i'm waiting for a H & M to open in the shopping centre near me! i like there clothes so looking forward to checking out their mat range. Dotty p's i tried and the only pair i saw had large pockets on the bum....not good for if u want to focus the eyes away from the bum...lol. glad your midwifes apt went well and your Lo is moving and kicking around for u to feel xx

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 1:55pm

Hiya girls

I hope you don't mind me butting in on your conversation, but I'm sat at work feeling incredibly uncomfortable after lunch (small salad and a smoothie) and very tempted to undo the zip on my skirt! I was just wondering if anyone else felt like this at 13 weeks? I didn't think I'd be showing yet but feel really bloated and hubbie has taken to rubbing my new 'baby belly'. Is it baby belly or just chubbs? I've only put on a few pounds but it's made a huge difference!!

Thanks all xxxx
Maggiemay

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 1:59pm

Ah the great maternity jean debate : D I can't find any that aren't vile and that fit. I've tried LOADS of places including the usual suspects of Next etc. Having said that I struggle with buying jeans normally so I guess it makes sense - I have really chunky thighs and a small waist. I've only bought one maternity item (aside from bras) so far and that's some black trews for work from New Look. Luckily enough most of my clothes still fit me, which is great in one respect as I am of the opinion that most maternity wear is horrible.

BUT everyone I tell that i'm pregnant just can't belive i've less than 3 months to go (as of yesterday :) ). I get loads of 'where is your bump' etc and now it's starting to get to me, I wanna revel in being preggers and not feel like I have to justify why my bump is small (i'm tall and she's taking up a lot of up and down room, rather than sticking out) esp when she's measuring very big for the gestation. Just starting to get sick of it. Sorry about the moan. I feel like I have a pretty big bump to be fair, but no one else thinks so. I know i should just ignore it but I can't.

Glad everyone else is good, it feels like there is some real excitement on this thread - which is lovely.

Re - prawns. I'm still eating them, from what I gather the risk if food poisoning, so if you have cooked them yourself I'm sure they will be fine :)
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 2:00pm

Maggie - it's baby!!!!! :happy:
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 2:03pm

Thanks Scoffs!! That made me quite teary! Still hard to believe it's true!!

x
Maggiemay

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 2:11pm

Lovely isn't it??? Enjoy xxx

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 2:14pm

maggie - defo baby!! by 13 weeks i had no chance of doing up my usual bottoms! 13 weeks is defo when u start to show :happy:

scoffs - i'm 16 weeks but already i have comments on my bump. i seem to have the opposite problem in that all my friends keep going OMG your HUGE...your bumps massive...blaa blaa blaa. infact i even got compared to someone else who's at the same stage of pregnancy as me by one of my friends pointing out my bump was sooo much bigger!! arrrrghh X( Bugger off bump-watchers!!! leave our waistlines and bumps alone. when will people learn that we carry differently. i'm not going to look like someone else cos i'm not them. i think its cos i was a size 8 pre pregnancy and people arn't used to seeing me with hips, boobs and a bump. But we all carry differently and should love our bumps big or small :thumbsup: There my rant over too :snigger:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 2:47pm

Nice rant Boo Boo - I couldn't agree more :happy: It bugs me how people are so quick to comment. If you were a size 8 before no wonder you're showing lots - I bet you were tiny. It's all baby now. Wear your bump with pride I say!!!

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 3:08pm

This time round for me I seem to be fatter but have a smaller bump! One person has actually said was I sure abot my dates as I looked so small for 20 weeks.
I'm still in my normal jeans, but they were huge at the waist to begin with as I have a small waist and big ol' fat ass. Its just sitting in them thats the problem. My biggest bug bear about mat jeans is that they are nearly all boot leg and really quite flarey, I'm going to try and find some with straight legs so that I don't flap in the wind. Like Caz, I agree with next mat stuff being generous, I'm a 14 in their mat jeans but 16 normally. I've dug out my old jeans from last time, but they are really worn and I really need some new ones. I got some size 16 ones in the next sale, thinking I'd need a bigger size as fatter than last time, but they are huge! I'm hoping they never fit, Ebay, here they come! I also got a couple of normal tunics from next the other day, one black, one pewter which are quite generous and I thought I might at least wear them after the birth too. I have a long body and I just think theres plenty of room in there for tiddler, or my fat is just hiding my LO! Oh and I think you can shop at H&M online too now?

I have a scan next Tues so the big finding ot the sex debate is going on. I had an amnio and could have had a definitive answer but chose not to at the time as I was just so grateful that all was ok, but DH is desperate to find out..... soooooo what to do?

Phillipa have you looked at the babyjogger city select? how old is your LO? I like the fact that when my DD is a bit bigger and walking more of the time I can just make it a single again and have a buggy board for her. I have to say I do love mine, I haven't obviously used it as a doble yet, but its really stable and has a massive shopping basket underneath. I wish it had been available when I had our DD. It'll take a maxi cosi car seat with adaptors too, or I think you can get different adaptors to fit a britax seat and a couple of others.
Its absolutely wild here, torrential rain and wind :-( hope everyone else having better weather!

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 3:25pm

Suki my LO was 2 in Nov so a few months older than your LO but she is really tall and slim. Her little legs were hanging off the seats for the Icandy! I have seen the one you've got on internet but was concerned it was similar to the icandy. Haven't seen it in person though so hard to tell how big the seat units are. I quite like the HGV style (thanks Caz lol) ones though. When they are a bit older they can both see where they are going. Also, just being nosey but where was your placenta last time? My was anterior and I think it made a diff to the size of bump. Also, ASOS do skinny jeans and my ASDA jeans are skinny's too.

Booboo, my bump is really noticeable now too. Have you looked at the New Look on the retail park in Leeds near City Centre...near the ASDA HO as they do quite a lot of maternity stuff there and I think there is a Mothercare there too.

Maggie, I couldn't do my jeans up from 12 weeks so I'm with Scoffs...it's baby

I'm hoping the weather pics up soon as was going to get vest tops from tall range (i'm 5ft 5) and use those instead.
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 3:54pm

suki - thats my bug bear with mat jeans too is that they are mostly bootleg....and i'm just not usually a bootleg sort of gal..... i like my comfy Uggs so need stright leg to tuck them into. and like u say.... the legs of the bootcut can be a bit 'flappy'....lol. re finding out the sex - i was unsure at first, even was considering cancelling my gender scan..lol. but then when i started shopping i realised how limited u are when u don't know. so me, dh and my mum are finding out but keeping it a secret from other peeps (apart from peeps on here of course....). knowing my luck though i'll get caught by someone buying pink or blue.....

philippa - i go to that retail park all the time, its called Crown Point. I was there this saturday but the newlook jeans were too baggy in my size and my bum wouldn't fit the smaller size X( I went to the peacocks there too and had no luck! maybe i'm just too fussy... :snigger:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Caz

Ace

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 4:43pm

Good point Suki - I was in mat clothes for a while after birth, so when buying tops and dresses etc it's really handy to have a think about how easy you can wap your baps out :snigger:

I think my skinnier jeans are from Asda, I'm quite lucky with mat clothes though as my tummy is my issue and I have comparatively skinny legs so normal clothes with giant wastebands are perfect!!

Maggie - def baby!

There are 5 ladies at my work who are 20+ wks preggers and we're all completely different in the bump department.

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 6:16pm

Oooh a clothes debate :)

I don't think I'll be buying maternity jeans. I only really like skinny ones but as my arse and thighs are getting bigger by the day I think I will stick to comfy leggings instead lol! I went to H&M at weekend and bought some size 14/16 vest tops and long cardies, which I will wear with leggings. I'm basically buying bigger sizes rather than maternity clothes, though I do need to find a nice dress for a wedding we have in May and also in June.

Re bump watch I'm loving people commenting on my growing bump. No one has said wow your huge yet but a few friends have noticed it's expanded a lot in the past couple of weeks. At first it just looked like I had a podgy belly but it is getting that pregnancy shape now, if you know what I mean.

Booboo - I would be useless at keeping the sex a secret. I know I would slip up eventually referring to it as he or she lol x

Well I'm just waiting for DH to get home from work so we can decide what to have for tea. My appetite is slowing returning thank god.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 6:51pm

hi all

i had my 2nd scan today!! thats now 4 times they have had to scan me to get the measurements of the baby! lol it is very livley! its sooooo presious seeing he/she on the scan and my son loved it soooo much! im still feeling sick and even being sick now too! not good & my back is still quite bad (hoping it gets better soon as im having to take time off work)

hope everyone here is well?? and getting nice and big! ive put on 12lb now and look at least 5months preg hahaha
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

suki

Ace

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 9:25pm

Phillipa I know John lewis stock the city select, but I don't know if they actually have it in store to play with. I got mine from boots.com as I ended getting about £30 worth of points! I looked a couple of youtube reviews before buying. there is a totally annoying american woman, but she does put a 4 year old into the seat so I figured my DD would fit, she's quite small. Pity you can't nip over for a cuppa, the girls could play and we could blether and you could have a wee shot of my buggy! I'm not sure where my placenta was last time, this time its posterior and extends right down to my cervix :-( so I'm hoping its moved by our next scan. I'm thinking this might be a wee boy as Its just been a completely different pregnancy and I'm a different shape this time. I also had no idea asda did maternity wear until you and Caz mentioned it. I'm definately going to investigate. Booboo, we need to head to asda!
Hoping77, I have such awful legs I just couldn't ever wear leggings... well not without people vomiting in the street at the sight of my knees.... yeugh! My only saving grace used to be my small waist, but thats on its way out. Caz your so lucky its just your tum.
Mum82, thats lovely about your scan, but misery about your back, I hope it settles soon.
Scoffs I'm off out for sushi on Sunday, can't wait.
Hi to everyone else!

suki

Ace

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 9:25pm

Phillipa I know John lewis stock the city select, but I don't know if they actually have it in store to play with. I got mine from boots.com as I ended getting about £30 worth of points! I looked a couple of youtube reviews before buying. there is a totally annoying american woman, but she does put a 4 year old into the seat so I figured my DD would fit, she's quite small. Pity you can't nip over for a cuppa, the girls could play and we could blether and you could have a wee shot of my buggy! I'm not sure where my placenta was last time, this time its posterior and extends right down to my cervix :-( so I'm hoping its moved by our next scan. I'm thinking this might be a wee boy as Its just been a completely different pregnancy and I'm a different shape this time. I also had no idea asda did maternity wear until you and Caz mentioned it. I'm definately going to investigate. Booboo, we need to head to asda!
Hoping77, I have such awful legs I just couldn't ever wear leggings... well not without people vomiting in the street at the sight of my knees.... yeugh! My only saving grace used to be my small waist, but thats on its way out. Caz your so lucky its just your tum.
Mum82, thats lovely about your scan, but misery about your back, I hope it settles soon.
Scoffs I'm off out for sushi on Sunday, can't wait.
Hi to everyone else!

suki

Ace

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 9:26pm

oops!

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 11:21pm

Nikki and emz I hope you have lovely third and final trimesters!

Hi mum, Alaysa and Maggie - hope you're all feeling good, or at least getting better :)

Scoffs - I bet your bump is simply gorgeous. Why people have to comment and give an opinion is beyond me. Don't let them take anything away from your enjoyment scoffs, not a single thing.

Maggie - that's your baby lump growing!

Suki - my DH wanted to know what sex we were having, and I wanted it to stay a surprise. I did say he could find out at the 20 week scan but he - bless him - let me have my own way. Some people have said "if you know what you're having, you'll just buy too much" and other's have said "you can buy the right stuff if you know what you're having". So there are two sides of the coin. IMO, and we're all different, surprises are brilliant

I'm doing the same as Hoping and buying clothes which are bigger sizes. I'm filling out all over so they're fitting quite well...unfortunately! To be honest, it only because I was right down to my last pair of jeans and it was supermarket clothes while buying dog food or nothing!
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 6:50am

Morning! Early start to get into work for some physio. Loving the bump/maternity clothes chat. I bought my first piece of clothing yesterday. I have to wear smart clothes for work so bought a lovely navy jersey dress. Going to wear it for work today. There's a fantastic shop in hampstead where i work called seraphine. Bit pricey for maternity clothes which have a short life but they have a sale on so 59 pound dress down to 35 and I reckon I can wear it afterwards too.

How are the bumps this morning? This is the first week people have been commenting that they can see it but only really those who know (I suppose the others might avoid saying anything in case they offend me!). I'm trying to feel for movement but haven't noticed anything yet.

Have a good day everyone. Booboo, enjoy your scan!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 8:16am

Booboo - can't wait to hear about your scan xx

Hey Mum82 - how many weeks are you now? Hope your back gets better soon xx

Suki - I'm sure your legs aren't that bad hun. Black leggings usually suit everyone and can be very slimming I think. I have a small waist and big hips, that's my problem area. I like to say like J Lo but obviously I'm nowhere near as attractive as her LOL! The plus side is my boobs seem to be balancing me out as I had very small boobs, which don't exactly look good on a pear shape but I am looking more in proportion now, albeit bigger! xx

I've been struggling to get comfy in bed. Even lying on my back isn't as comfy as it use to be. If I lie on my right hand side I wake up with an achey hip, so it seems the comfiest position is on my left hand side, which I know is the side I should be sleeping on anyway. When I lie on my side I feel I have to support my belly now my propping something underneath it so last night I had the genius idea of using my lavendar neck cushion (the ones you heat up though I didn't heat it) and it was the perfect size and height to make me feel more comfortable. A few people have recommended a pregnancy pillow but I'm sleeping in our spare bed at the moment, which is a single so I don't think there would be much room for me and a big pillow. I prefer the single because the mattress is a lot firmer than the memory foam one on our king size bed.

Anyway, not much else to report from me. I have a midwife check up a week today (wonder if they will listen to the heartbeat?), and then the following Monday is our gender scan - can't wait!!

Hope you have a nice day. Almost weekend - yay!

Caz

Ace

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 9:06am

Hey Ladies,
I think 3rd trimester ladies must all be busy giving birth cos it's a lot more chatty on here which is fab. I've got a growth scan this morning so looking forward to seeing LO.

harry - I have a pair of seraphine jeans - they're gorgeous (and skinny), but must admit they're a hand me down. Other shops around London with amazing clothes if you don't mind paying a bit for them are Pretty Pregnancy and Isabella Oliver.

Hoping - hope you get comfy, lavender pillow sounds like a good idea, I've got one somewhere so will dig it out!

Buggies - don't think our John Lewis had a babyjogger city select but I actually accosted someone in the street and asked her about it (she must have thought I was mad). I have the single city mini which is fab fab fab. Almost got the double of that as they can both lie back flat individually and the separate canopies are really good. It was a close call before we chose the P&Ts which I swore blind I would never get as didn't like the idea of one of them hidden at the back - but once I'd tried it I was sold.

Better get on with some work!

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 10:02am

Hi All,
Havent had time to read all the posts but just wanted to say 'I agree with your rant BooBoo', since announcing that I was pregnant back in December, my boss has done nothing but comment on how huge she thinks my bump is. Its really annoying because as you say, everyone is different. There are 2 others in our building who are pregnant too and we are all build differently, one of the ladies is on my team and she is bigger build than me and is starting to show a bit later than me and the other lady was a size 6/8 and has started to show really early.
I cant stand it when people comment, it makes me feel MASSIVE when I know that it's just my little man making some room in there and hopefully growing big and strong :)

BTW - I was just wondering how active your LO's are? Mine seems to be really REALLY wriggly! I am loving feeling my LO throughout the day, mostly in the evening and hope his ok in there.

Take care all x

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 11:27am

hello ladies.

It is busy in here lately. i like it though cos it keeps me occupied coming in here while i'm at work :thumbsup:

Well i can't belive today is the day i find out Pink or Blue .... well thats if Buba isn't crossed legged :snigger: I'm really looking forward to seeing how my LO has grown more than anything else. i hope he/she's wriggling all over today when we i get scanned. My scan isn't until 6.30pm this evening so i have a long day ahead.................

Shelly - yeah its very annoying with the bump watchers. I've seen your bump piccie and i think u have a lovely cute bump. Mt biggest annoyance was my friend rattling on about how i never used to have any boobs and she can't belive i have them now!! cheeky mare insulting my boobies. ladies come in a range of lovely shapes and sizes as do bumps and boobies so why people find it starnge when someone show's more than somone else is beyond me. Anyway, glad your LO is such a wriggler. oooooh i can't wait to feel my LO :D i keep trying to see if i can feel any fluttery feelings this week but so far i've not felt anything.

hoping - every time u describe a symptom or niggle i feel like i've written it!! i also got the achy hip trying to get comfy on my side in bed. I usually sleep on RHS so i've been training myself to sleep left and i get achey hips too...lol.

harry - hope your physio is helping. i haven't felt movement yet either.... but i'm behind u so maybe i'm wishful thinking at the mo!

mum82 - good to see u over here hun :clap hopefully your sickness will wear off soon xfingers mine's got better sinse last week. hope u are well.

AFM - well i've been trying to train my labrador to sleep at the bottom end of the bedroom now like a big girl!! she usually sleeps on her own bed at the side of our bed but thats where i'll need the moses basket/crib so i figured she needed training to sleep else where before the baby arrives. so far its not going good...lol. she gets up in the middle of the night and comes to my side to wake me up, then when i ignore her she tries going to the other side to wake dh up. she's going to have to get used to it though bless her but at the moment she's wondering why she can't sleep near us anymore. anyone else have a dog who sleeps in there room. its a very bad habit we got into but now i can't just leave her downstairs cos she'd be sad so i figured the best thing to do was get her used to sleeping at the other end of the room now so she doesn't associate it with it been because of the baby.

oooh i'm so excited to for my scan this eve!!!! Wonder what flavour i'll be blessed with :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 12:06pm

Oh Booboo I don't think I can wait till this evening to hear your news LOL! Can't you bring you scan forward LOL?! :laugh:

Got a stretchy belly today, lots of twinges, pulling and feels like my skin is stretching. I love it. I'm trying to work out if I can feel baby move yet though I know it's probably too early. Could the twinges and pulling be my LO or is just my ligaments and uterus stretching? What does it feel like when your LO moves? I know some descrbe it as a flutter or bubbles but I can't imagine what that is like. Is there a better description?

Lunchtime finally!! I only had a bowl of cereal at 10:30pm and already I'm ravenous LOL!

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 12:14pm

ohhh exciting people finding out what flavours they are having soon?!?! my little boy has already told his class at school he is having a sister!!! hummmmm we havent had that scan yet so i dont know?! think he is just hoping it is a sister bless him!!

hows everyone feeling today! im ok long as i eat all the time lol which is great but was feeling little better last day or so & my bump is huge!! i love it :) can only feel little flutters in my tummy and always after my hubby has been holding my belly which is sooooo cute! what is everyone else feeling??? i cant wait to feel the kicking!!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 2:05pm

BooBoo - SOOOOooo exciting! Hope you manage to find out, im sure you will x

I described it as bubbles in the lower part of my belly (really low down) when I first started to feel LO but its gradually got stronger and now it's hard to describe.... kind of like a pushing from the inside out. Sometime its a quick kick or poke and other times its a tightening, like his doing full turn in there! I feel allot during the evening, probably because I'm sat quietly. I held my belly last night while I was watching TV and I swear I felt him doing a turn! Very strange but lovely sensation x

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 2:13pm

aww, shelly that sounds lovely. when did u start to feel the 'bubble' sensation? i was wondering where i'd feel it..... i guessed below my belly button somewhere.

mum - thats so sweet your ds is telling everyone he's getting a sister...lol. My friends 2 small girls asked her to take back their brother and swap him cos they wanted another sister.... :snigger:

hopeful - with the pulling and twinges u might notice a little growth spurt with your bump :thumbsup: i had pulling and aching last week and i think it was my bump growing :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 2:26pm

Hi BooBoo - Yea really low mine was. Was just above my lady garden :snigger: Think I felt it at about 17-18 weeks but everyone is different so dont worry if you dont feel it till later on xx

Had lots of comments from work colleagues today! 'Wow, you've got huge', 'you seem to have grown loads today'. Think it also depends on what your wearing too. I'm gonna take a pic at the weekend and compair to my last pic at 20wks!

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 3:10pm

Hi All,

Just wanted to drop in on you all and see how you are all doing.....sounds like lots of nice things going on which is always great to see.

Love to you all.

x
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

suki

Ace

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 5:29pm

Hi Hayley, you're a sweetie for checking in on us. Hope you are doing okay, think about you lots xxx.

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 5:33pm

Hello Hayley :hugs: Lovely to see you x

BooBoo - I was certain that I had some tiny movements from 16 weeks. I went to a midwife appointment at 16 weeks and she asked me whether I'd felt something, so its obviously not unheard of to feel movements early.

What made me think that it was baby and not wind (sorry, TMI but I did have rather a lot due to the huge amount of fibre and lactulose I was eating to try and get rid of constipation) was that it was occasionally...and only very occasionally...I felt a little tap, tap, tap. And I learnt to recognise the wind by what happened a few seconds after a tummy bubble, if you know what I mean! :O So, bubbles with no after effects was baby. A tighter waistband always made it easier to feel them, y'know, the way your waistband feels when you're sat down. I don't get tehm stood up, I feel more of them sat down or slouched on the sofa (Homer Simpson stylee!). I'd describe movement from 17-19 weeks feeling like a fish swimming round in my lower tummy.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

suki

Ace

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 10:45pm

Booboo how did the scan go? team :girl: or :boy: ?
Chillimint, like you I felt movement early on about 16-17 weeks but it was only every few days which used to freak me out. Tiddler is definately easier to feel in the morning when lying flat in bed, or in the evening when my clothes feel tighter too. I love the fact you've described the fishy feeling, its exactly like that, hence our LO is definately called tiddler....

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 11:02pm

Hey All,

Nice to hear from you!

It's funny about the 'fish' thing....that's exactly how I felt....sometimes it made me feel a little ill actually - like a big fish rolling over in my tummy! Lovely though x

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Friday, February 4th 2011, 9:42am

Morning Lovelies

Went for gender scan yesterday eve and it was amazing. Buba is measuring 10cm now and everything was perfect.
Then we looked for the gender and sonographer showed us the 3 lines.......... bab21
We are so over the moon! I kind of felt like i'd have been suprised if they'd have told me a boy but i didn't say anything cos i was't bothered and i could have been wrong. My dh is so excited and mym mum came with us for the scan too and she jumped up and punched the air.... :snigger:

we are feeling very blessed and the most important news been that everything was as it should be and Buba was growing perfectly.

Very happy Booboo today!!

I'm not at work today though. i've had a migraine over night and haven't slept much. i don;t know if it was the excitement of finding out buba's gender or cos my hubby had been glossing so maybe that gave me the headache. so realxing day for me today...... i just could face a 35 mile drive to work after 2 hours sleep and a banging head.

Hope all you girls are fine. Its Friday happydance

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday, February 4th 2011, 9:53am

Hey Boo Boo- congrats on your scan - and your news about being in team pink!!!!

I know finding out the sex isn't for everyone but it made it seem even more real for DH and me once we knew what she was. Seems more personal than calling her 'it' :)

United Kingdom

Friday, February 4th 2011, 2:02pm

Aww BooBoo, thats lovely :) Am so so pleased all is going well xx

You shouldnt be glossing, thats for your hubby to do! When do you have another scan done? Do you have one at 20wks or do you not have another one for a while?

Friday, February 4th 2011, 6:13pm

scoffs - yeah we definately feel like we are getting to know her better already by knowing she's a little girl. It seems much more personal now.

shelley - don't worry hun it wasn't me glossing! i left it for hubby to do while i was at work but even though he'd left the windows open the fumes still gave me a headache. infact hubby was quite good at glossing after pretending he wasn't any good at it for the past 6 years we've lived together!!!

we have our next scan at 20 weeks. that is the NHS anomoly scan or whatever its callled. I think we will announce Buba is a girl then to our family and friends cos i doubt i can keep it a secret until she's born. i'm way too excited!! i also have a 28 week, 36 week and 40 week scan cos its an IVF pregnancy. but because i'm having so many scans the sonographer suggested we only have a 20 minite 3D/4D scan so Buba isn't exposed for too long!! has anyone else heard of this?? i didn't realise ultra sounds had to be limited! even yesterdays scan only lasted 10 minutes as oppose to 20 mins just because i'd already had 4 scans previously. i just went along with what they said cos i figured they knew better than i did!

I've started with heartburn today. but its more in my throat than chest. its awful, like i've swallowed a bottle of bleach and it just burns. apparently heartburn is a sign of a baby with hair - but i don't think Buba will have hair yet....lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Caz

Ace

Friday, February 4th 2011, 7:57pm

Hey BooBoo - with GD they give you growth scans every 2 weeks by the end and monthly until then, I've had 8 already and have another 4 booked! I'm sure they would have mentioned it if there were any dangers.

ALmost forgot to say Congrats on your healthy scan and baby girl news.

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Friday, February 4th 2011, 8:24pm

Hi girls,

Just wanted to drop by and see how everyone is getting on, so good to catch up with your stories. Shelley, Chilli, Suki great to see you all happy and well.

Love to you all, enjoy the rest of your pregnancies.

xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 6:28am

Booboo - when I had my private scan at 12 weeks the sonographer said that when she was pregnant, and working in a hospital at the time, she use to scan herself most days to check all was OK and listen to the heartbeat. She said there wasn't any problems with scanning too much. Although I wouldn't want a scan every day I'd like to think that every few weeks is fine. As Caz says some have scans fortnightly.

I noticed that when I had my private one at 12 weeks the lady was so lovely and took her time looking at the baby and getting the best pictures for us, which lasted about 25 minutes. When I had a scan with the NHS a few days later it was a case of in and out because they had so many women waiting and the picture we got wasn't great because the nurse forgot to take one and then realised at the end so just did it quickly so it's legs are cut off. I know the 20 week scan will be more thorough so may take longer. Interesting you get more scans because of IVF. I haven't been told that. I'll see what they say at the 20 week one.

AFM - I'm up early again :tired: I seem to be stuck in a rut of needing to go to bed at around 8pm and falling asleep pretty much straight away, waking up every hour or two for a wee, at about 2am I wake up hungry so nibble on the Blue Ribband bar that I take to bed (lol!), fall back to sleep then wake up at about 5am for another wee and that's when my belly is really hungry and I can't get back to sleep so I have to get up and have a bowl of cereal. I may try and go back to bed again shortly but I never seem to fall back to sleep. It's not so bad in the week as I get up at 5:30 for work but on a weekend it'd be nice to lie in longer. Maybe I should force myself to stay awake later tonight. Unfortunately I can't have an afternoon kip today as I have a busy day ahead. I'm finally getting my hair coloured, the first time since getting pregnant, I decided to hold off until after 12 weeks. It is in desperate need of a colour (I have a mixture of brown and blonde highlights). Then we're off to visit my grandparents but plan to stop at Mama and Papas en route as they have a big store near their house.

Booboo - I see Collene Rooney has a Bugaboo. Well, it looks very much like the one that it is advertised in my Pregnancy & Birth magazine that I bought.

There was a great tip in that magazine actually, it said when you do a food shop (whilst pregnant) pick up a baby item like nappies or wipes or whatever and soon you'll have a nice big stock ready for when baby is born. I thought that was a good idea as it will help with cost after baby is born and you won't notice that extra item in your trolley.

I said to DH I'm keen to get the nursery started soon. It's a big job as we need to gut the room. It needs plastering, painting and a new carpet.

Anyway, I'm feeling weary so may go back to bed for a lie down.

Enjoy your weekend ladies.

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 8:13am

Caz - thanks for the reasurance with the scans hun. it was the first i'd heard they have to be limited, the hospital didn't seem to be worried about giving me scans so it might be just the private scanning clinic we went to on thursday that are over cautious. They said we'll have to cut my 3D scan short so i'm going to mention it to my midwife too and see what her advice is.

hoping - i can't stop falling asleep early either and then i wake up at 6.30am (not quite as early as you though). I'm going for a meal tongiht so no doubt i'll be falling asleep in my soup...lol. then i'll prob end up sleeping in tomorrow after a later night and then i won't sleep properly sunday night before work so i can't win! re scanning - well if people work there and scan themselves all the time then i shouldn't worry then! I think i get more scans with it been an IVF pregnancy cos the PCT i'm in has brought it in as a guidline, its very new though so thats probably why some people in different parts of the country may not have been told this. its because IVF pregnancies are linked to low birth rates so they just want to check her to make sure she's not small. but its not something i'm worrying about... not the amount i'm eating for her anyway! and with them been NHS they will probably last 1 minute compared to the nice scans we have when we pay private. Have a nice day at ya granparents and hope you feel better after your hair doo [zx102]

Hope everyone is having good weekends. I'm going for a meal for my friends b.day tongiht and i'm going to have to keep :zipit: about my lovely news!!!!! its going to be very hard when i'm getting asked pregnancy questions and i have to pretend i don't know what i'm having. me and dh have decided to tell everyone after our 20 week scan.... so 4 more weeks and i can shout it from the rooftops...lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 8:39am

Well I didn't fall back to sleep so decided to climb in bed with DH and wake him up LOL! We had a morning cuddle, which was nice. He had to get up early anyway to pick up his car which is at the garage.

Did anyone else have aching hips at around 16 weeks? I'm finding when I wake up in the morning my hips are really sore, especially this morning. It's at the sides and in my bum. I've been walking around and swinging my legs to try and ease it. I wonder if it's because I am sleeping on my left side mainly now?! I don't think it's sciatica as it's not shooting pains or tingling and it isn't going down my leg, it's just an ache all around my hip area. DH has said he will massage it for me later ;) . I'm sure once I'm up and about it will ease.

Booboo - enjoy your meal tonight. Hopefully you're use to referring to she as Buba so you'll keep calling her that for now. Yeah I bet you're right re the PCT's being different. I had private treatment IVF and the last scan they did for me was at 10 weeks then said the rest was down to the NHS. The clinic I went to for my private 12 week scan and the one I'll be having on the 14th Feb is one I found in our city centre on google. I wonder if I would've had IVF on the NHS if they would've scanned me more?! Oh well, I'm not too worried. Like you I'm eating lots so think my LO is going to be a big baby LOL!

What a horrible day it is today, wind and rain all day it's forecast. Typical when I'm at the hairdressers! I hate sideways rain, it frizzes my hair LOL!

Ooooh I can't wait to go to Mama and Papas later. I wonder if I will be tempted to buy a small thing?! I know one thing I need to consider when looking for a pram is how small it folds up as I only have a little Ford KA so the boot isn't very big. DH has a bigger car (Audi) but for days when he is at work and I want to go out I need to ensure I can take the pram in the car. Oh all these things you have to think of eh? I think I need to write a list of things I need to remember LOL!

Caz

Ace

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 8:52am

I'm up early too, but mostly cos Thomas gets in my bed demanding to watch CBeebies. He's too cute to refuse.

Hoping - I haven't had it this time round (touch wood) but my sciatica last time started as you described, wasn't shooting pains but an ache, worth getting the GP or nurse to check out as they sent me for physio which was great.

Have fun shopping today ladies. We're moving to Canada in July so I'm on a strict clutter collecting ban! Might allow myself a peak at Mamas and Papas at some point though :)

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 9:08am

As anyone seen the news?????

Its been reported that Victoria Beckham has just had a 16 week scan and she's expecting a girl baby8

She must be due around same time as me if thats true..... i'm well excited cos she really wanted a girl. wonder if she had that IVF tx that u can have to choose the sex of the embryo they put back....just a thought ?(

sorry i just got really excited seeing the news!! :snigger:

I've had achey hips too and just put it down to sleeping on my LHS that i don;t usually do. hope its not a sign of sciatica cos i've had that before and its bloody painful :pinch:

xxxxx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE