You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 30th 2011

Tuesday, August 23rd 2011, 3:03pm

Hey ladies & bumps!!

Ladybear, have fun over in 3rd trimester, hopefully c u over there in bout 6/7 more weeks!!
Red, ouch poor u with ur sunburn, hope u had a nice time otherwise at the wedding!! Thanks 4 the advice re: movements sumtimes u just think 2 urself am I normal for not feeling them, is every1 else really feeling them at like 15weeks?!? So ur reassurance is much appreciated!! xo
Mary, u really are having the worst time, hats of 2 u for being so upbeat, ur an inspiration!! :pray: Isabella stays tucked up in there till at least 32weeks as u say!! :hugs:

Hey to hayley, ruby and all the other girlies, hope all is well with u & bumps :xxx3:

2 x baby5 2003 & 2010...never forgotten x
:BFP: 9/5/11 - Henry 20/1/2012...amazing lil man! X

Reg: Jan 28th 2011

Tuesday, August 23rd 2011, 4:38pm

:o) Thanks Bic. The hazards of being ginger unfortunately means sunshine is a killer. I've slathered myself in sudocream

and the whiteness takes the edge off, so I dont look quite so illuminous pink!

Mary - I really hope you get a break soon, I am keeping everything crossed for you and that some luck swings your way. :flowerbasket:

Heres some flowers to keep you smiling. Hope you have a better day today.

TTC since Dec 2008

1st cycle ICSI April 2011 - :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 23rd 2011

Children: 3 from my previous marriage and got sterlilised at 21

Tuesday, August 23rd 2011, 6:22pm

Thanks girls :)

Not been having a good day, started getting tightenings every 5 min and was very painful! Took some painkillers and had a bath and the tightenings are still there but not at regular as they were! Isabella is happy tho and still kicking/punching away! Also feels like she's pushing her head down into my
Pelvis- isn't this too early as I'm only 25 weeks, and when I get a tightening I get the feeling a need to go the loo (bowel) it's so scary I really don't want to have her yet cos she will be too small and I've read about things if babies are born at this age :( so I hope she stays a little longer

Thanks for the flowers red :) :cuddle
Mary bigkiss

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 7:35am

Hi Mary,

Blimey you really are being tested at the moment aren't you? You seem to be holding up really well though - well done you! I hope your little one decides that she doesn't want to come out of the comfort of your tummy just yet!

h
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Jan 21st 2010

Children: A gorgeous boy born 2012

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 4:49pm

Hi ladies!
I haven't been on these threads for a while but hoped I could join you.
I don't have much to report really as feeling rather well (apologies to those that are not)
Really can't wait for that first movement to be felt but very aware it's not likely to be for another month or so. :(

Hope you are all ok

xxx

1st ICSI May 2011- : :BFP: Gorgeous Roan safe and sound

FET August 2013 :BFN:
Incredible natural :BFP: August 2014 (fingers crossed)
McFlozzer's Marvellous Mission to Make a Mini-Me

Rachael*

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 22nd 2010

Children: Two boys & One girl :)

What's Up?
Keep growing little baby :pray:
Mummy & Daddy love you xx

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 6:53pm

Welcome McFlozzer, your only one week behind me.
Mary hope your doing okay sweetie xfingers baby cooks for longer. xfingers
Hi Bic & Red hope you are both doing okay.
starsmile Rachael's Diary

FET August 2014 = :BFP: bab10

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 10:15am

Morning!!
Welcome Mc Flozzer!! Congrats on ur pregnancy xo
Mary, still thinking but u & Isabella xfingers she stays in there!!
Hey Rachel, Red, Hayley [zx127]

Reg: Apr 11th 2011

Children: 11 year old daughter (IVF)

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 11:42am

Hey,
Mary really hope all is well today, check in and tell us how you are xxx
Red, I also use sudocrem for sunburn it's great stuff. Had some on chest and nose sunday night myself!
Hi , Ladybear and Hayley, hope you are good.
Mcflozzer glad you are feeling good and welcome.
I am now officially aneamic, got dr's apt next week so will ask her about it. My HB has been dropping off since June. I am vege so makes it harder to find iron rich foods to eat.
This is my only day off this week, working extra day as only did two days last week. Has been quite hard. DD has a friend over this morning and I think we will be out shopping this afternoon. Summer holidays are going so quickly, she is away next week with her dad and then it will be back to school! Next year I will be on mat leave so have all the school holidays off! Yay!
DP is sorting out his paternity leave at the mo, its crap he will only get SPP during that time, its a lot of money to lose over two weeks but we want him to have the time off, and as Im hoping to take a year off I cant say no to his two weeks! Whole year off work, cant wait!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PCOS + poor mobility = ISCI April 11

Age 40 so odds against me! :8o:

xxxxx

:BFP: 24th April!!

Baby Lily arrived 16th Dec 2011

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 11:49am

P.S One of the drs at work asked me this week if I'd put some weight on recently! I wear scrubs so they are quite baggy and shapeless but if I wasn't pregnant think I would have been rather offended! :happy:

xxxxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 12:15pm

Hi girls

Just got home from hospital, been in for two days! I'm showing signs of prem labour and ha to have steroid injections for the babies lungs! I have to go back in if the pains come every 5 min again, at the moment they are 10 min but up to now slowing down but I'm resting loads an been told to rest and not go away cos we was going away today but not now! They advised me not to cos we was travelin 3-4 hours away and said it wouldn't be easy going in prem labour so far away from home! Had a scan yesterday, a trainee consultant asked if she could practice on me and I jumped at the chance to see my baby girl again! She's growing nicely in there and u could see the skin on her bones now and shes breech at the moment so hopefully she will turn before birth! And shes still a girl :) just fingers crossed that she holds in there now

Xxx
Mary bigkiss

Spain United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 11th 2009

Children: 2 teenage sons 13 & 14 and my miracle twins Noha Martina & Oscar Noha born 7 wks early 11/10/11 RIP princess Noha <3

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 2:02pm

Hello ladies

Mary glad ur home now and resting, just make sure u dont move from that spot and make everyone do everything for you because nothing is worth the risk of going into prem labour!

Hope everyone is ok?

Ive updated my diary with the news from the hospital in the UK that gave me a 2nd opinion, so i will leave it with you to choose to know!

Well im hoping to keep up to date with this thread from now on as ive been avoiding posting much in here lately with the shocking news but im feeling better about things now and feel i can now come back :) So u would have top put up with me again LOL

Its 38-40 degrees here in Ibiza and im suffering really bad with swollen feet and cant sleep at night as its unbearable :( god i wish i was still in the UK just until End September :snigger:

IVFx3
TWINS [zx076] [zx076] 7wks prem
Oscar Noha 4lb2 - Tracheal Esophageal Fistula & Esophageal Atresia
Noha Martina 3lb8 - HLHS RIP Princess
My TWIN diary

United Kingdom

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 3:27pm

:cheese: Glad you're back!
3 X ICSI

nickymoo

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous boy 7 years

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 4:47pm

hi kelly nice to see you back again !!!!

mary my god your not having it easy are u ...poor you. lay down and do not move !

ive lost track of how many weeks i am ithink im 27 on sunday???!!! does that mean i move to 3rd tri ? god knows i seem to have left all brain cells somewhere .Have been to clarks for school shoes and school coat etc today am absolutely done in , ds wasnt exactly joyus about being there either ...zzzzzz

am officially massive have somehow put on nearly 2stone !!!!! omg im telling myself its the ivf drugs etc tomake myself feel better ..nevermind wheres the cake ?

has everyone got names sorted ? im struggling to decide on a girls name ,was thinking i was having a boy and decided on roman but now i know its a girl im like ermmmmmmm everything i come up with people are like oooh no thats awlful etc ...any thoughts on ..eden , pixie , livia, piper, ???...any other sggestions ? ;(
nicky

Reg: Apr 19th 2010

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 5:31pm

:hello: ladies, hope you are all well and enjoying those bumps and everything that being pg entails lol.
Mary, I hope things get a little easier for you and the lil one stays where she is until strong enough to make an appearance.
Kelly, glad you're feeling more positive about things and feel able to post here again. I don't know how you manage in that heat. I was down in London for six days and my feet swelled up with the heat down there, the walking and the travelling. Luckily they've went down now cos they were looking like elephant feet :yuk:

AFM we had out twenty week scan today and everything was perfect, soooooo relieved. We had a student sonographer being assessed and I felt he was very thorough but DH was not to impressed, especially as we didn't get a proper picture. In fact DH quite angry after the scan and I'm still not sure why. I think he expected great things from this scan and feels he didn't get them whereas I'm just pleased to find out that our baby is healthy and has everything where it should be. Very strange as usually it's me who is the brat. I think I probably annoyed him aswell cos I insisted we didn't want to know the sex whereas he does, but hey ho mama rules :raspberry: We also have to go back for a scan at 32 weeks just to check the placenta as still lying quite low.

Still not feeling much movement, although I might be, still trying to work out if the funny feelings at times are movements or not :laugh: Also still getting M/S every second morning, keep thinking that it's all over and then wham i'm spewing in the toilet/sink :puke: Luckily it's just in the morning, although can still be quite gaggy at other times. Also still losing my hair, I swear this baby will make me bald by Christmas :laugh:

Take care everyone xxx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Friday, August 26th 2011, 1:29pm

Hey mummy's to be & bumps!!
Ruby, I dont usually wear scrubs but I have to now as my uniform doesnt fit!! lol & like u one of the consultants was like 'don't kno how to say this but have u put on weight' I was raging and was like well yes I have but for a good reason I'm pregnant!! I was so raging which obv showed!! Then he laughed & said yeah I thought that but I just wanted to see ur reaction...git!! lol :8o: :cross:

Mary, glad wee Isabella is still unaware of all thats going on!! How worrying, did they give u an idea y this is happening or I suppose this is just one of those things that can happen to anyone?!? have sum lurve

Kel, am glad ur feeling like joining us again!! Glad ur feeling better about ur lil girl's diagnosis, must go & read ur diary entry... :flowers:

Nickymoo, we obv have very similar thoughts on names becoz I love ur choices!! I actually have Pixie & Livia on my list but I love Eden & Piper aswell!!

Bushbaby, hoping u won't be bald by xmas... :winking: I'm with u on the movement I feel wee strange things which I think r baby wriggling but not sure!! :goodnews: on ur 20 week scan glad all is well with baby!! Ur DH will get over it :poketongue2: typical man lol

Hey Hayley, Rachel & all the other yummy mummys & bumps
AFM: Week today till my 20 week scan!! Ordered sum mat clothes from asos.com & newlook to try & go with my ever expanding waistline/not quite a baby bump yet!! lol

Friday, August 26th 2011, 1:41pm

Oh kel I've just read ur diary & I swear I cannot even see the computer screen for tears!! I could NEVER imagine going thru what u & ur family r going thru at the moment! I think ur such an inspiration & such a brave person for making the decision u have came to! Noha is just too special for this world...am lost for any other words

United Kingdom

Friday, August 26th 2011, 4:39pm

Hi bic,

On dr start most ivf babies are prem and then another said no their not! But at the moment it's on of those things! I'm still getting tightenings every 10 min and it's getting me down now cos I can't do the simplest things without being in pain! Plus baby is breech and back to back with me so it's painful :(

Hope everyone else is ok

Xxx
Mary bigkiss

Friday, August 26th 2011, 5:33pm

Baby is making some very odd movements today, fluttering right up over my belly button! Only felt DD that high at the end, she was early, very small, very low and very curled up! Sure this one is moving twice as much as she ever did, not sure if that is a good sign!
Watched Horizon last night, the 9 months that made me, very interesting and I would recommened watching it.
Bushbaby, glad the scan went well and there is another like me who wants a surprise! Also I lost a lot of hair with my 1st pregnancy, not this time though.
Nickimoo I hate school shoe shopping, that is now her dads job!
Keep resting Mary xxxxxxx

xxxxx

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 9:11pm

Hey mummies & bumps!!
It's gone quiet over here in 2nd tri!!
Mary, how is things?? Hope wee Isabella is still in there?! xo
AFM: Got my anomaly scan on fri xfingers everything is ok! Finally feeling baby kick/punch in the last week or so, but just wanted 2 ask, does any1's baby kick them really low dwn?? It feels sumtimes like my baby is kicking in right in my cervix?! Now am worried about incompetant cervix's, thinking maybe it's not my baby kicking after all & it's my cervix dilating...am such a worrier!! Just wondering if kicking this low is normal or maybe sumthin is wrong?!

Spain United Kingdom

Children: 2 teenage sons 13 & 14 and my miracle twins Noha Martina & Oscar Noha born 7 wks early 11/10/11 RIP princess Noha <3

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 10:42pm

Hi Bic, your right it has gone quiet on here??? Where is everyone??? I do speak with alot of the girls on fb so maybe thats where they all are?? :snigger:

My girl kicks me very low down, feels like its in my cervix too, she is breach but my boy is head down thats how i know its her.

Good luck for your scan hun xfingers everything is ok, which im sure it is :)

How is everyone else?

AFM, im 27 weeks now so 1 more week left here then im over in the 3rd tri OMG cant believe it, so scary and exciting at the same time, i just hope i dont go to 40 weeks with these twins because im finding it so hard at the moment with the heat etc, im hoping to go between 34 and 27 weeks as this is ok for twins!

bigkiss

IVFx3
My TWIN diary

Spain United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 11:37pm

ops i meant 37 weeks hahahaha

IVFx3
My TWIN diary

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 8:20am

H i everyone
Bic I feel baby very low down sometimes as well, seems to move around but yesterday was feeling he was trying to kick his way out, or her way we shall see! Glad you can feel movement now and good luck tomorrow.
Hi Kel, is it cooling down there yet?
Not much for me to report. DD away with her dad so very quiet here.
xxx

xxxxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 8:37am

Hi there,

I thought I had better write something too!

Well, as you can see, I am half way through my 19th week and all is well. I have not suffered anymoe bleeding (thank goodness) although am still taking a little easier than before just in case.

I am starting to feel 'things' but still not sure it's full movement and it's just random not like every few hours or anything. I am trying to be patient but it's hard!

We have the anomoly scan on Monday which is going to be very frightening but will be lovely to get through it without any issues being seen. We are keeping everything crossed that this is our time and our little ones are doing well. I think they said the scan could take nearly an hour......quite a long time but at least we get to see them again! We want the sexes confirmed again too (just to make sure) as our little girl was 95% a girl but 5% chance she could be a boy too! We are hopeful that they are just super healthy....I don't mind what happens other than that.

OH has organised for us to have a cleaner 3 hours per week to take the load off of me. We were both worried about the bleed and it just hit home how preciuous our cargo is. She came last week and was FAB! She did nearly the whole house in 3 hours and it was spotless and smelled gorgeous! I am so lucky!

OH has another couple of days off work and then the scan on Monday morning (10.30 am I think) then back to work.....always miss him when he goes back after some time off.

I am going to start swimming again next week I think - I need a new swimming costume though - this time I will buy a proper costume (as OH said I should in the first place!) as the tankini cuts into my tummy now....typical!

That's realluy it from me - take care all and enjoy the sunshine!

h
3 X ICSI

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 8:16pm

[zx108] Hi All.

Kel good to see you back, I havent read your diary for an update but going by others comments, I am sending you all my positive thoughts to keep you going.

Bic - mine moves very low, he keeps leaning on my right hip or my bladder and I feel like he's going to drop out sometimes he puts so much pressure on me. He does seem to be moving up a bit now, I can feel little punches closer to my belly button, so I am hoping he finds that more interesting. ;)

I watched the horizon programme as well, so interesting I have gone into a feeding frenzy and upped my milk intake. IS it me or are there more programmes on like this at the mo? Every time I switch on something is about being pregnant or baby related.

Mary - keep on truckin, I keep waiting for the day I log in and you have had a good day. xfingers Fingers crossed for you it subsides and you can have a rest for once, you certainly deserve it!

Hope everyone else is doing ok. I have just bought myself a swimsuit for our holiday in a few weeks, as the bump is growing and I cant fit in the one I have without being indecent.

Also sorted our car seat this weekend and bought car seat protectors, if you havent looked yet they save you scratching your seats to bits as you lift the seat in and out. Lets hope they work!

Take care all, RED

TTC since Dec 2008

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 8:34pm

Evening mummies & bumps!!
Girls, thanks for the reassurance on them low blows our babies seem to be giving us, it's good 2 know u all have them 2!!

Kel, wow 3tri for u already nearly, it's flying in! Like u say tho when ur carrying a twin bump in 40degree heat aint good!! Hope it starts 2 cool dwn 4 u abit!! :blizzard: lol

Ruby, thanks 4 the good luck!! [zx127]

Hayley, :pray: for no more bleeding for u hun!! Scary stuff that!! Aw how sweet is ur DH 4 getting u a cleaner so thoughtful & practical!! :goodluck: for Monday chicken, hope ur wee chicks r getting big & bad in there!! :hugs:

Red, ur getting well sorted for ur wee bundle!! Good on u!! xo

AFM: Will b back on 2morro, with hopefully some healthy baby news & possibly a sex?!? lol :xxx3:

United Kingdom

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 9:48pm

Hi girls,

I've been popping In daily but no1 seems to be about lol and dint want to keep writing bits cos I would have looked sad haha

Well yesterday I had my first physio session and omg the pain lol she gave me a massage too which was nice in parts but bloody painful in others! I def have spd and something else too can't remember what it's called but something to do with my ligaments (think it's hypermobility) and bones! I have to wear a special support belt to support my hips and pelvis, we ordered it yesterday and it came this morning so been a good help today with that! Just glad I know what it is now! I have to go back next month cos she wants to talk me through a birthing plan, so that could be interesting :-/

Anyways.... I've been trying to rest but it's been hard to, we had friends over mon-tue and they wanted to go the Trafford centre mon so was in so much pain! But resting now!

Isabella is very active and I swear she's trying to get out an she also kicks punches low down, she was breech last week but not sure if she still is! We have our 3D scan on the 10th so can't wait for that!

Right I'll stop talking now and come back tomorrow lol

Night girls xxxx
Mary bigkiss

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 6:48am

Good morning Ladies.

Well after spending another 10 days in Wales the sun made an appearance twice! We stuck it out though & tried to make the best of the rain.Happy to be home :0)

I have started organizing baby's clothes & things now. I have had to put so much stuff away in storage boxes,I have outfits already for upto 6-9 months! I can only fit her newborn & 0-3 months things into her wardrobe & drawers. Even though this is my 4th baby I'm still unsure on how many vests/sleepsuits I should have ready. So far I have x14 newborn & x14 0-3 months plus outfits x10 in each size. I have cardis & jackets too & x2 snowsuits in each size plus socks & tights & lots of little shoes! ......is this enough?

I just remember changing my previous baby's 4 times a day at least! I'm in a panic & thinking I may may need to buy a 2nd washing machine?! How will I cope with washing for 8 people? Oh it's been such along time since I had my last baby it feels like this is my 1st. I never questioned anything before, I took it all in my stride but I think now I'm older I think about things too much!

I too have been having the feeling of baby dancing on my cervix, it really does feel like she's trying to find away out! The last few days I have had aching lower ribs, is anyone else getting this? I have never had it before, I think baby must be long as I can feel her under my ribs & down really low at the same time.

Mary: I hope your new belt helps with your pain, take it easy hun xx

Bic: Good luck with your scan hun xxx

Red: I'm so envious of your upcoming holiday ;0) I hope you have a fab time xxx

Hayley: Good luck with your scan next week hun, well done to your OH for organizing a cleaner :0)

Kelly: Your looking amazing as usual on your recent FB piccies :0) I can't believe the size of your tummy......How do you not topple over? xxxx

Hello to anyone I have missed , I hope you are all keeping well xxxxxxx
Proud Mummy of 4 girls & 1 boy. Surrogate mummy & 4x Egg donor

United Kingdom

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 8:01am

Here's hoping, I get the rib pain too, also really bad back when baby is back to back with me! When people have said in the past oh it's painful when baby is on ur back I never thought anything of it but by eck it really is lol! All these aches and pains and going go be worth it when we are all holding our little babies for the first time and then when they are older we can tell them what they did hahaha :)

Got our new bed yesterday and have an ok sleep but I went to bed with a bad back and it's still there :( I only had my pain killers once yesterday! Hospital told me to have them every 6 hours but I'm trying not to have them cos of baby! I know it's not hurting her or making her sleepy cos I feel her move all the time but I just don't want to in case it does :( hard one really cos the doctors mw etc all say it's safe but in the back of my mind i think do they know what they are talking about haha just me being me I guess

Anyways ladies speak soon and hope all of u have a nice day! Will see most of u on fb lol xxx
Mary bigkiss

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 9:50am

Bic cant wait to se if you find out blue or pink, good luck!

Here's hoping, wow thats organised! I thought I was doing but not even close ont he cloting front. Although I do have half of the work knitting for me, so am
kinda holding off for a bit longer in case I get bombarded with clothers for the little one. ;)

Mary - gald someone is giving you some helpf finally. I was thinking a support belt myself as although my bump isnt massive, sitting all day at work is definitely not helping
and I have constant back ache right above my cocyx. Have you used onr before, do you kow if they are worth it?

Also have you got a sleeping pillow? I bought one weeks ago from JoJoMamanBebe, its a big curly thing that you can use as a feeding nest and a baby
bean bag type prop afterwards. Its amazing how much better you sleep!

Hi to everyone else, hope you;re enjoying the last of the sunshine. Kel - I am guessing you'd rather have snow, so ice cubes and freezer hugs to you!

TTC since Dec 2008

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 1:19pm

:hi: All - please can I join you?? I'm 13 weeks today and dying to get out of the first tri! :chocs: x
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

United Kingdom

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 2:21pm

Welcome!

: D
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 2:45pm

Red the one i have helps me, it was recommended off my physio! It's should be £35 but I got it for £15 cos she gave me a coupon :)
I have lots of different pillows to help me
Sleep at night, for my bump back and between my legs lol I take most of the room at nights lol xx
Mary bigkiss

United Kingdom

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 2:46pm

Also sounds like u need a lumber support for at work, they should provide u with one
Mary bigkiss

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 4:48pm

Evening everyone!!
Well 20 week scan was amazing!! Unfortunitely I have an anterior placenta (one which is at the front of my tum) so the picture aint great & thats obv y I hadn't been feeling kicks up round there but baby is healthy and bab22 YAY SO SO SO excited, just want to go out now & buy everything blue that I can find!! lol So am a very happy girl 2day!! :dancing:

Mary, good to hear from u, so glad that Isabella is still sake up in there & kicking about!! :hugs:

Here's hoping, glad u had an ok time in Wales despite the weather!! Ur getting all organised to, sounds like a plan to me, will have to jump on that bandwagon 2!! xo

Miss Purple, welcome 2 2nd tri!! YAY for u

Hey to red, ruby, rachel, hayley & all the other mummies & bumps hope ur all well!! Am away to a bit of internet baby shopping...in BLUE ofcourse!! lol

United Kingdom

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 5:09pm

Oh that's wonderful news ::P
3 X ICSI

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 7:21pm

:wave:
I thought it was about time I joined a pregnancy thread and stopped headsand denying it!
I think I know a couple of you already, will be good to hear what to expect!
I am 13w 5 with two little people in there, 12 week scan last week was all ok, next one in 3weeks, and as I can't wait that long I have become addicted to the doppler!!
Looking forward to getting to know you folks in here!
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 10:01am

Okay I need some help pushchair people.....

I have already purchased the Obaby Zynergi Tandem which comes with two seats which are suitable from around 6 months. We have also purchased a couple of Maxi Cosi Pebble seats which will fit onto the frame from birth. My question is.....is it worthwhile purchasing the carrycots to go with it? They are about £100 each (which in the great scheme of things, isn't that much) and would provide a nice, snug and safe environment for babies when I take them out somewhere, especially if we go for longer walks. I am aware it will be cold when they arrive and I don't know if putting them in the car seats (even with covers etc) will be very nice for them?

Any thoughts?

h
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 12th 2009

Children: Scarlett Holly born 25/12/2010

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 10:57am

Although lovely and cosy and snug Hayley - I personally think it's a waste of money. Nothing that a few cuddly blankets won't sort out. Babies sleep anywhere and in any position going on my LO, lol - you might get a good month/ two months out of them and think "why did I buy them". Ofcourse you want the best which I totally appreciate but I'm a great believer in a lot of the old ways of doing things - when things like added luxury didn't exist, lol. That £200 will come in handy for a hell of a lot more things later on - or even to bump start a savings account x
Natural :BFP: June 2011! biggrin2 bab21

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 11:07am

Hi there,

Thanks for your response - do you really think so? I have been struggling with how to cope taking them out using just the car seats....not just the cold but the comfort thing (and the fact I keep being told they should only be in them for a couple of hours maximum). I keep worrying that they will be a waste of money too but then I think of them being safe and cosy in there. I bought the Maxi Cosi's because I could fit them to the buggy so if I get the carry cots too, they would be a bit of a waste too I suppose.....the joys of twins!

h
3 X ICSI

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 11:48am

I wouldn't get the carry cot. I got one for KJ and he was only in it 10 weeks and to be honest the normal seat would have been fine for him.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 2:16pm

They are right Hun, my sister in law as one and her baby is 5 weeks and is the same size as it now so £200 is a lot of pennies for just a few weeks! I have a pram with a car seat and think that's enough really, the pram as a Cody toes so like others have said blankets and coat is enough for them and will def be comfy and warm, and don't forget the rain sheild will keep the cold off them too :) xx
Mary bigkiss

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 5:41pm

Thanks All - I went into M&P today to check out what they do for twins and their tandem seats go right back into a totally flat position. They weren't trying to sell me anything as I already told them I had bought something but they just reinforced the fact that babies need to lay flat due to spines/airways etc.....think we may just buy them and sell them later. I just worry about perhaps a walk along the beach which might take a while and they are not in the right position.
3 X ICSI

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 7:51pm

Hayley ... try looking for them on ebay ... chances are someone else bought them and only used them for a few weeks/months too :)
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

nickymoo

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous boy 7 years

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 8:26pm

im def going to buy a carrycot when i get my pram, its recommended that newborns are lying flat and not in a carseat for any longer than an hour .....u can always sell them on ebay and get a resonable amount back .im waiting on the i candy strawberry to come out supposed to be sept hurry up im waiting !!!!!!!

i saw the midwife on thurs and all is good measuring spot on the line so thats good although baby is in breech position at the mo ...that explains the really low kicks that feel like she is coming out and the double punches to the side of my tummy.ouch!! hopefully she will turn.

also midwife said when u have been told your having a girl 3out of 10 come out boys !!!!!????? WHAT!!!! and not to buy too many pink things ...crap ive decorated nursery in laura ashley paper thats def more girl than boy and bought girls clothes .

we have paid for a gender scan i hope she is a girl ,although my 7 yr old son would be chuffed with a little bro.

im 28 weeks tommoz bloody hell its flown by ...hopefully the rest will ...am having a truama with maternity jeans keep orderering them online and they arrive and they are huge or uncomfy ...can anyone recommend any ???

im off to watch the freaks on x factor love it ! :happy:
nicky

Spain United Kingdom

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 9:14pm

Hayley a baby should only be in a car seat for max 1 hour so a carry cot is recommended if you haven't got a suitable pram from new born, and i know the Obaby Zynergi Tandem you have only has seats from 6 months because i was going to get it myself so a carry cot should be used not car seats especially if you are going for long walks!
And i agree with bluey you can get them from Ebay at half the price and most are more or less brand new because they are only used for a few months! My one can be used up to 6 months and im sure you can also use yours for that time as they are quite big!

Nicky lets hope she is a girl :snigger: i would be bloody peed off too if they came out different sexes :snigger:

My mate here in Ibiza had her 20wk scan and was told she was having a girl, she then had anther scan at 32 weeks and again was told it was a girl but when she gave birth 11 weeks she came out a boy!!!!! Bloody hell how scary!

How is everyone? I can't believe im leaving the 2nd tri in a week OMG how scary and exciting :)

IVFx3
My TWIN diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kel1980" (Sep 3rd 2011, 9:17pm)

Reg: Apr 19th 2010

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 9:38pm

:hello: ladies, hope the bumps and you are all well.
Nickymoo we've decided on the Icandy Strawberry as well. Up until today I was going with the Apple but looked at it again today and wasn't as convinced as I was last week. There's only two stockists near me and they're both not getting the Strawberry in until October/November so will have to order it this week without physically seeing it to meet the first deliveries apparently. Very excited about it! Never thought I would get this excited about a pram lol. We're going to go for the Earl Grey, what about you?

I've also had friends who were told that they were expecting one sex and ended up nearer their due date discovering it was the opposite of what they were told originally.

Still being sick every morning and beginning to think it's going to be here for the duration lol. Having what I think is movement from the lil one. A very strange feeling to be honest and at times it freaks me out, not sure how I'm going to manage when the lil one actually starts punching and kicking :laugh:

Big hugs everyone xxx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 10:39pm

I'm getting the carry cot for my icandy peach!! Hate the thought of baby in a carseat with his wee spine all curled up for ages!!

Spain United Kingdom

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 1:59am

I agree with you Bic, the thought of there poor spines curled up for hours in a seat is not nice, i would spend any amount of money on my precious miracles to make sure they are warm and comfortable because they are worth every penny! :)

Bushbaby you poor thing still getting sickness :( i hope it goes soon x

IVFx3
My TWIN diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kel1980" (Sep 4th 2011, 2:01am)

United Kingdom

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 7:20am

You've made up my mind - ordering them today!
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 8:45am

My pram is from birth and only using the car seat for short trips like school runs etc where id have to take her out the car seat into the pram n then back again! My kids school is 10 min drive away from where I live so will be easier!

I hope the sex isn't wrong either cos we have painted the room pink lol got some pink clothes and I love the name we have! We have our 3D scan on sat coming and we have paid for the sexing too, I've had two scans that have said girl now and the last one was when I was in hospital and my consultant actually did it and said yes there is defiantly girly bits there so hope she's right :snigger:

Been wearing my belt and helps a little, just can't wear it for bed and that's when I'm hurting more these days :( oh well all will be worth it!!

Hope all is ok?!

Oh when do I move to 3rd tri I don't have a clue really lol cos I'm 27 weeks tomorrow and on my counter I'm 3rd but I know on other things it's later???
Mary bigkiss

8 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

8 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE