You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 1:15pm

Hey girls

thanks for the reply's. i feel much better knowing other peeps have had similar feelings.
hoping - i'm like u trying to get out of bed. its like if i get up too fast it hurts or feels like i've pulled something.
Anyway i did call the MW and she said its nothing to worry about unless i'm loosing blood or its severe pain. so i guess it is normal then. Thanks though ladies cos i've been worried and its nice to know it happens to us all and your all ok.

i've also heard about the side sleeping thing. i usually sleep on my side anyway but i love sleeping on my RHS. might have to try the other way now..... i need to swap sides with dh anyway for when baby comes along cos my side is near a wondow and we can't have the moses basket there!

i've looked at pregnancy pillows too on ebay but they just looked like giant pillows. so i just use a spare pillow to rest my highest leg on (when laying on side) and it is much more comfortable :thumbsup:

kayjay - :laugh: yeah these sleepless nights are really good practice!!!

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 10:32pm

Hey ladies,
KayJay do you have wrist splints yet? they should give you some relief, Its a pain not being able to take anti inflammatories when pregnant coz it helps so much for CTS. I find if I sleep on my back I wake with numb hands as it puts pressure on the ulnar nerve in the elbow, I hate the pins and needles that then start, move about and then wake DH, I think we'll be in seperate beds sometime soon.... I bought a dream Genie pillow with my DD, I tried it for an hour and jsut couldn't get comfortable, so its still in its bag in the botton of the spare wardrobe. I ended up with just a spare pillow, sometimes two, one for under the bump ( I had to train myself to sleep on my left side, its really as you get bigger that it puts pressure on a major vessel if your on your right side) and one for my leg. I went shopping for mat jeans today and couldn't find any I liked. I'm now about a 16 and all the ones that size are just awful and really wide :-( still the blueberry muffins I keep buying can't help... note to self, look at pictures of enormous self post birth of DD ( think Moby Dick in surgical stockings and a nightie!) and stop eating cakes! I don't think cakes can be considered a craving can they? I worryingly was drooling over a bacon advert yesterday, I'm vegetarian. Anyone else got cravings? I didn't last time but did end up scoffing pork sausages on a couple of occasions. Bad, Bad, Suki.......

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 7:54am

:teehee: laughing at your post Suki. I think eating anything can be considered a craving hun, if you're like me you feel ravenous and really fancy a certain something so that surely is a craving?! I'm craving chips and toast, plus they're the only foods that make me feel OK. Some foods make me feel really sick. I am putting on weight too and can't work out if it's the bump or down to the amount I am eating, probably a combination of both.

I woke up this morning with a major headache. Is anyone else getting headaches? This is the 2nd time this week now I have woke up with one and had to take paracetamol. I don't really want to take tablets but it was really painful. I slept a bit on my right hand side last night - oops! Wonder if that contributed to the headache? I did make more of an effort to sleep on my left but like KayJay I either wake up on my back or on my other side.

Well yesterday was my first day off the estrogen and pessaries. It is finally nice to not have to worry about taking them but part of me is thinking I hope my placenta is doing it's job properly now and will look after our LO.

Just wondering when people felt the baby move for the first time? I have read it can be anytime from 16 weeks, earlier if you're lucky. I can't wait to feel it.

Almost weekend anyway!

Hope you have a nice day.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 9:25am

Hey everyone,
Thought I'd pop on to the sleeping debate.

I too am usually a front sleeper so am not as comfy when pregnant. Don't worry if you wake on your back, as you get bigger you probably won't be able to anyway as it makes you a bit dizzy, your body will let you know if anything is up with things like that as it's number one job at the mo is to protect and grow your LO. If you want to be on your back you can elevate your head/heart with some pillows and be a bit more upright and this helps.

As for sleeping on your left, it apparently is helpful but not as vital as a good night's sleep so if you're comfy on your right then don't change things. My yoga teacher told me it is to do with the way the baby turns on the way out. Apparently they turn clockwise. The heavier part of the baby is the spine, so if you lie on your left the spine will fall that way, then as they are born the spine will turn away from yours which makes for a much much more comfy birth.

I find sleeping with a pillow between my knees helps me get comfy on my side.

Hope everyone gets some rest soon.
Caz
xx
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 10:14am

I usually sleep on my left or my back but just chop and change during the night and manage to get some (if not allot) of sleep. I suppose its what ever works for you x

Hoping - I also am getting headaches, not nice! Had a very bad one last night and woke up with one this morning. Seems to have gone now though.
I felt LO (our first) move at about 18wks and its just gradually got stronger week by week. When I went to my 20wk scan yesterday the nurse said 'we have a wriggler!' and asked if I had felt allot of movement (which I have) and she said she wasnt surprised as he wouldnt stay still!!

Take care all xxx

Bug79

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Children: 2 DS born 2004 and 2011

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 12:59pm

Hi everyone

Lots of chat with regard to sleeping positions. I always seem to wake on my back and then force myself to change onto my side. I'm much more comfy on my right than my left though even though i too havbe heard left is best.

Shelley - congratulations on your scan, i can imagine it was a massive relief for you as in the nicest possible way you seemed to have worried quite a bit through your pregnancy, something that i can totally relate too. And a boy as well - lovely. I didn't find out the sex but i'm convinced i'm also carrying a little boy.

I'm off work at the minute due to my colitis and have been having sneeky sleeps in the day, i'm trying my best not to but i can't help it. Still managing to sleep at night so i guess i must need it.

Take care all

Bug

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 4:26pm

Hi Bug,
Thank you - I am a natural worrier and i'm hoping that I will just sit back and relax a bit now, we'll see! I'm booking off some time from work so that I can have some lazy days having my hair done and doing bits in the nursery over the next few months which i'm really looking forward to :)

Oooo, Colitis doesnt sound very nice (just looked it up on the net) - Hope your feeling better soon xxx

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 7:11pm

Shelley - congrats on the scan - you must be very pleased. You can relax a bit now and start to enjoy your pregnancy :) Lazy days sound brilliant - i'm very tired at the moment a combination of baba, work irritation, no sleep and maybe overdoing it slightly at the gym :O (I won't be doing that again, got a bit over excited at exercises given to me by physio for SPD... ended up making things MILES worse - oooops)

Its nice to see so many new faces on this thread - hope you all start to settle in to being preggers and not feeling so rubbish - you've entered the 'blooming' era of pregnancy : D
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Caz

Ace

Friday, January 28th 2011, 8:16am

Congrats on the scan Shelley, I do think the 20 week scan really is the first time most people genuinly start to believe this miracle could actually happen, even second time round it was the first time i think I relaxed.

AFM - went to GD clinic yesterday and they were pleased with my blood sugar management so no need to go back for 6 weeks, hurrah. The positive side to GD is I get loads more scans though so can't wait to see LO again next week. I keep wondering, as he was a frozen embryo from my first IVF, do you think he'll look just like DS1 as I guess they're kind of twins really?

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Friday, January 28th 2011, 11:36am

Hello ladies,

I have been reading the 1st trimester thread since the day we found out I was pregnant and now I have moved up to the 2nd trimester and instead of just reading I thought I would actually post!!!

Its so lovely to hear that we are all going through the same things although not all of them nice with the sickness and now the stress of what side to lie on at night - arrgghhh but its still good to realise you are not alone or going quietly insane!!!

We are 14weeks and 1 day today and I have to say Im feeling great - all sickness seems to have disappeared apart from a 30sec wave at about 5.30pm every night and I seem to be eating for Scotland but luckily at the moment its all quite healthy cravings (Im sure that wont last though)! I was so ill at the beginning as I had severe OHSS and was in hospital for almost a month and had 28litres of fluid drained over that time - my ovaries were both sitting at 12cm and my belly looked like I was 8months pregnant up until about 3 weeks ago - now I cant even see a bump and Im so annoyed!!! At my 12week scan on Monday (was 13weeks 4 days) they measured my ovaries again and Im please to say my left is back to normal and my right is sitting at 9cm so its all moving along in the right direction as the placenta has taken over - phew! When I was 4 weeks and they told me in hospital its going to get worse before its better and when I hit 12 weeks I will be fine I thought that was a MILION miles away so to actually get to 14weeks is just FAB! I think because I felt so crap it doesnt matter what the baby throws at me now I feel good - if that makes sense. The headaches are bad sometimes but not as bad lying in hospital on morphine so I can get through it!

Anyway Im looking forward to getting to know you all and wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancy!

Bring it on!

x

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Friday, January 28th 2011, 3:11pm

Hiya ladies

are we all looking forward to the weekend :party:

hoping - i'm waiting to feel my first flutters too!! i know someone who felt at 16 weeks so xfingers we'll feel something soon. my hubbies i-phone app say the baby can hear us this week (16 weeks) :clap so we've started talking to Buba now, so u'll be doing the same next week...hee hee.

Shelly - congrats on your scan hun :balloons: bab22 :balloons: . it'll be nice to get prepared now u know your having a little boy.

Bug - hope your feeling better hun after your colitis.

scoffs - erm yeah that 'blooming' bit doesn't appear to have happended yet for me...lol :snigger:

caz - aw thats really sweet your LO is your DS's 'twin'. good luck with your scan next week. i have my gender scan one next thurs, i can't wait!

LozzaG - hiya hun and welcome to 2nd tri. sounds like u had a bit of a rough time of it. i'm sure you'll agree that your BFP will have made it all worth it though. i bet sickness wasn't a patch on you after having OHSS, it sounds painful hun...all that fluid :S Glad your better, now its time to relax and enjoy your pregnancy :thumbsup:

AFM - nothing much to report. same old not 'fancying' food but been starving hungry and resorting to chips or crisps.....very healthy!! my friends going to jamie olivers restraunt next week for her b.day....bloody typical when fancy food makes me sick! they don't even do 'normal' chips... i'm a whinger lately....lol. still have my twinges but i've decided to relax about them abit more now i know they are normal.

after reading your comments about sleeping on your side i've started to sleep on my left now (i figured starting early would be good practice). i too always wake up on my back though so i'll have to start getting used to sticking on my side.

speaking of been in bed...... i thought once the 2nd tri was here i'd feel ok and thought i'd want to to [zx084] . but tbh i feel too bloated, sick still and achey down there for me to want to as much as usual. don't mean to :O anyone but is it normal to not get your sex life back on track? i feel sorry for dh....lol, he's not even getting any use out of my new bigger boobies. i don't want to be in a drought forever though, i just don't feel up to it much yet. i might start to feel better once the sicky feelings go and i feel less crappy.

anyway now i've lowered the tone,
hope u all have good weekends. rest ya bumps and take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Friday, January 28th 2011, 3:59pm

Hehe BooBoo, you've made me smile! I've never had much of a sex drive before BFP and since being pregnant I tend to dream about allot more than wanting it! :snigger: We have tried but for some reason I get really sore really quickly so it gets a bit painful and uncomfortable after a while. Plus, all I want to do is sleep!!
I feel more comfortable about doing it but its just whether my body wants it (i.e. the soreness) - Sorry TMI!

Well, we are off to buy paint for the nursery tonight, hopefully DH will be able to do a white wash over the weekend then we are good to go! xx

Have a great weekend girls xx Take care

Caz

Ace

Friday, January 28th 2011, 6:14pm

I am firmly in the "bed is for sleeping" camp! DH keeps asking when can we? So I've told him July!

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, January 28th 2011, 6:50pm

Laughing at the BD debate :chortle:

DH and I haven't done it since before embryo transfer!!! We've felt too scared to, and even now I'm in the 2nd trimester I'm not really feeling ready to do it yet. I'm scared it will make me spot and then I will start to panic. I ask DH if he is bothered that we haven't done it for so long and he said would rather me be pregnant and not have sex for 9 months than not be pregnant and at it all the time. Fair enough!

Shelley - like you though I have been having dreams about it LOL! A couple have even woken me up cos of it :winking:

Booboo - yeah I read too the baby can hear from about 16 weeks. I talk to mine anyway LOL even though it can't hear me yet.

Welcome Lozza - you're not far behind me high5

Well I have just wolfed down a chippy tea - chips, pudding, peas and gravy. I reasoned the peas would be one of my 5 a day smile2

Feeling sooooo bloated today. My belly looks huge come evening. I know it's not my LO though because it's lower down. My podge seems to be getting higher up so I guess my uterus is pushing my belly up?!

Hope you all have a nice weekend ladies.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hoping77" (Jan 28th 2011, 6:52pm)

Friday, January 28th 2011, 8:34pm

arrr ladies.... Once again u all make me feel better!
I was getting worried cos i heard the 2nd tri was supposed to make u all saucy and i'm quite the opposite at the mo! My dh is the same though too and says he's not bothered, he'll prob have a sore wrist though by the time i'm ready again...haha..sorry! I just don't feel well lately so its not the receipe for a night of BD'ing. I do have dreams though too, but its still not enough for me to want any action myself...lol. Anyway glad its normal. I don't feel so bad now.

Aw shelly enjoy getting your nursery together, how exciting! Are u having blue or something different?

Anyway, enjoy your weekends and i'm glad i caused a few giggles

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

suki

Ace

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 3:04pm

Hey Lorraine! about time you were on here! xxx

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 6:44pm

Thanks for the welcome ladies!!! Haha Suki you are so right I kept reading in the 1st trimester then starting to write the deleting and going back to our comfy home at the GCRM thread but the pregnancy now seems so real after the trauma so here I am!!!!

Hoping77 we are literally 4days apart - how exciting!!!!!

Booboo my friends have asked me if I have the 'pregnancy horn yet' (what the heck??) - HA its either passed me by or not knocking on my (bedroom) door - I guess it would be good if it did happen but it really isnt the end of the world if it doesnt!!!!

Well im off out for dinner with my dh and my mum and dad tonight and looking forward to eating everything on the menu. Had a 2hour snooze this afternoon which isnt like me at all but it was soooo lovely - so now just about to get ready and eat my weight in grub!

Wishing you all a lovely weekend and hope you are all taking care of those bumps (how exciting)!

x

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 8:27pm

Hi everyone. Wow, it's got busy on here!

Nikki - yes, we did cycle together on the IUI board - fantastic to see you on here. You must be popping off to the 3rd trimester board soon!

Lozza - welcome! Another IUI board'er! What an awful time you've had. Yikes, that sounds awful. Here's hoping and praying for a great 2nd trimester for you.

Shelley - great news on the scan. And a boy! So exciting! I saw your bump photo - perfect little bump! Looking forward to being able to post on there too!

And as for Boo Boo and the discussions on BD'ing - honestly Boo Boo - bringing the tone down! ;) Made me laugh! Sadly already have DH in a separate room and it's going to be a long, dry 6 months for him! Think we've got a deal now that works - will help him out here and there as long as he doesn't expect me to get too into it! ;))) Sorry if that's TMI!!

AFM - my flippin' back is playing up already! Had tried to do Pilates for Pregnancy and don't know if I pushed that a bit much or if it's caused by trying to sleep on my side (or a bit of both) but it can't be my bump as I'm only about 18 weeks and it's tiny! Have found myself shouting out in pain just trying to turn over in bed and as for getting up once I've been lying down, it's a matter of bracing myself and gritting my teeth and trying a few times before I make it. Would normally take anti-inflammatories - ibuprofen, diclofenac - but can't so am stuck with paracetamol and trying codeine (although I need to speak to a consultant on that one before I have much more). Also have a session with a physio at work on Tuesday if I make it in. Horrid horrid horrid - just a bit scared as last time this happened, just 8 months ago, I ended up on the operating table! Really hoping it's a one-off that will sort itself out over the next few days as opposed to 6 months of pain. Yikes. DH is out tonight doing the YMCA Sleep Easy (a national event sleeping out for the night to raise money for the YMCA) but he's left me with things in easy each - computer on table, duvet on sofa and mobile if I need him to come back and help me! Had so many nice things planned for this weekend too!

Anyway, that's my excuse for being in and posting on a Saturday night! Watching Grand Designs (repeats!) and chilling.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

emz

Ace

Reg: Jun 18th 2009

Children: i will be a mummy! xx

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 11:05am

hello all lovely ladies and bumps....

im 28 weeks & 4 days so im off over to third Trim. cant believe it happydance

see you all over there :dance:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:dust: please stay little one :sticky: :BFP:
7 week scan sept 3rd- 1 :heart: seen
9 weeks 4 days Sept 20th- 1 perfect baby sucking its thumb
12 week scan (early)
20 week scan Dec 1st - bab22

Reg: Jan 23rd 2010

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 7:19pm

Hi
I was reading the other day that when your first baby is born you receive a £500.00 lump sun to help buy baby things. Does anyone know if this is still the case ?
Bethany

Caz

Ace

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 7:22pm

Never heard of it I'm afraid, certainly didn't get it with DS. And they've even stopped the health in pregnancy grant now too.

Monday, January 31st 2011, 9:28am

Morning huns

Morning huns. Hope you've all had good weekends.

well i've informed Dh that he's not the only man thats not getting it...ha ha. He just laughed that i'd asked about it..... but i'm sure us ladies can have a grown up conversation about such things..lol. I'm just glad i'm not the only one after hearing your 2nd tri was supposed to be full of BD'ing!!

Any how, had a weekend full of shopping so even though i'm at work today i think i'll have more of a rest to my feet than i did at the weekend. saturday i went clothes shopping for myself and found out that i'm too big for normal clothes but not quite big enough for maternity!! If i bought 'normal' clothes then i'm sure i'd grow out of most of them in the next month as my bump gets bigger or they'd be too short to cover my tum properly. But the waist bands on the mat jeans seem really baggy and unflattering for my 16 week bump..... so back to living in leggings and long tops it is!!

yesterday i went looking at buggy's. has anyone bought one yet? I know Mindy got the Mothcare spin. I was looking in mama's and papa'a and saw their Ultimo i think it was called. but after you buy the accessories to go with it and the car seat base your looking at almost 1k!!! then we saw one in mothercare we really likes called the Oyster. Its a bit like a Bugaboo but better looking in my humble opinion and also not as expensive. Has anyone looked at the Bugaboo?? every one in the world seems to rave about them but no ones actually told me why they are so good. I don't mind paying money for something thats worth it but i don't want to just pay for a name. So has any one else looked at buggy's yet?

bethany - i doubt we'll be getting any lump some after all the cuts coming in in April. I say if u don;t expect anything then if u do get something it'd be a bonus :thumbsup: but i think they'd stopped anything like that, especially if you and/or your partner work.

Harry - Hope your back gets better hun, it sounds painful :pinch: You poor thing. i know how bad back ache can be, i suffer myself sometimes. really hope it doesn't get any worse for you and hope the physio helps. i was looking into pilates too to prevent back pain for later in the pregnancy. Is it worth it do you think?

emz - congrats on 3rd tri happydance

United Kingdom

Monday, January 31st 2011, 11:55am

Hi All,

Hope your all well xxx

I too went out shopping at the weekend BooBoo! I bought a lovely stretchy blue and white striped maternity top from H&M and love it! Think i'll get good use out of that! I went to a couple of baby places with my friend but everything is so overwhelming!! The prices differ so much and I dont know what's good and what's not so i'm going to wait a little while longer I think.
I ordered myself a changing bag from Boots (half price!) last night, thats going to be the baby's hospital bag so I can get started on getting little bits and leave the big bits for a while I think. DH made a comment that the colours weren't very boy-ish but I really liked it so I bought it (all different coloured spots with a changing mat and bottle warmer).

Anyway, the real reason I popped in was to tell you all about the amazing moment I had last night!!..... me and DH was sitting watching TV and I was watching my belly as LO was kicking around and I told DH so he put his hand on my belly to see if he could feel it and LO did a massive kick! It was so lovely :) DH had a huge grin on his face as its the first time his really felt LO. It was a brilliant moment :)

United Kingdom

Monday, January 31st 2011, 12:30pm

Hi Shelley! Wow! That must have been brilliant! DH says he'll probably feel a bit more involved once he's been to the scan (about 3 weeks time) but it must be even better to actually be able to feel it (and, in a way, for LO to have responded to his Daddy's touch!).

I too have been completely intimidated by the buying thing - especially pushchairs/prams. I've decided I probably want to buy second hand - not for a car seat - but ideally for a pushchair/pram, maybe for a swing cot etc. That way, I can get one that I like without spending an absolute fortune for something that might not be used after 6 months (not sure about a 2nd one, even though we've got frosties). . So I've been trying to do some research to see which ones are good so that I can then find them (or their predecessor model) second-hand, but it is still a bit mind boggling.

Mothercare is probably the only decent site i've found with some sort of comparison between the different ones e.g. you can select certain criteria like weight and 'from birth' and it tells you which options you have, how heavy they are etc. My sister in law has a Phil and Ted's red buggy that we might just buy from her cheaply and if we don't like it after 6 months, we've not spent a fortune. I've read about people being on their 3rd or 4th prams, it's crazy. If anyone is interested in buying second hand (I know, it's not everyone's cup of tea), nappyvalley.co.uk and netmums.co.uk are both decent without having to go to Ebay where it's a bit more of an unknown. And you'll find Bugaboos, Icandy's, Phil and Ted's etc.

Emailed my obstetric consultant this morning about what pain relief I can take for my back and he emailed back in 40 minutes! How brilliant is that! At least I know now what I can and can't take and what he suggests if I need to step it up a bit. Working from home today, hence my ability to post on here during the day!

Harry x

Monday, January 31st 2011, 12:53pm

Totally agree that the pram/pushchair thing is a minefield. After much deliberation we went for a Quinny Buzz and maxi cosy pebble car seat. Spend 2 hours in mothercare making the shop assistants show us how to collapse, attach, push lift various types and in the end we made a decision. One thing that mothercare don't tell you is they price match, and generally ordering online is cheaper but you don't get to play with the goods so unless you've pushed them you don't know if it will suit your needs. So if you've done your research Mothercare will match the online price of anything, so in the end we got about 100 quid of our travel system as it was MUCH cheaper online (amazon/kiddiecare) and we took it away from the store there and then (no waiting in for delvery). You just need to show them proof of the online price.
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Caz

Ace

Monday, January 31st 2011, 1:17pm

Hey All,
Ahhh - the great push chair debate - I think there might be a whole topic on the forum somewhere as it's a never ending confusion. Even 2nd time round I spent ages in Mothercare trying out all the double buggies, have opted for Phil & Ted's in the end as although I have concerns about them not both being able to sleep in it at once the wide ones felt like I was driving some sort of HGV.
First time round I chose the Quinny Buzz, it was great when DS was tiny with the Dreamicot bit and being able to clip the carseat on, but not so brill as a pushchair. My advice (and not everyone thinks the same way so ignore me if you want!) is to go second hand if you can. Most people change their minds about buggies as they go along and it's true a lot of people work through 3 or 4 before they find the one that suits them. Advice from others is great but you need to work out which one you like. The one thing I do know is that every single one of my NCT friends bought a 2nd stroller when they just wanted the push chair type bit as all the travel systems are pretty heavy and a bit of a pain to get in and out of a car whereas McClarens/babyjoggers are fab at folding quickly and small and don't weigh much at all. We bought the Quinny on EBay and sold it on EBay 6 months later for only £60 less than we paid, which meant I didn't feel guilty about splashing out on the babyjogger (which I love). I agree I've always bought the carseat bit new though.
It's a fun dilemma though isn't it :)

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, January 31st 2011, 1:30pm

Harry - we'll be buying 2nd hand too, so thanks for the ideas to go to the other places. I had a quick look for a pram buying guide on the internet last night and when I saw all the things you need to consider, I realised that it wasn't going to be light reading at all, so I shut the page down! DH and I are going to leave it for a few weeks yet. Doesn't quite feel the right time for us yet. I'm sorry to hear about your back. I've had sciatic nerve pain in the past and although its never hospitalised me, it was shocking how debilitating back pain can be. I hope you get some relief soon.

Shelley - aww that's brilliant that your DH felt LO kicking! Here's hoping that he gets to feel lots more too, especially since your LO is wriggler. H&M you say? Oooh I'll be paying a visit to my local one very soon.

Bug79 - you still sleeping OK?

scoffs - overdoing it at the gym is an easy thing to do! Let's face it, how many of us independent women listen to people when they say "now you've got to take it easy" without thinking "yeah, yeah, I can do more than THAT!". I suppose the only way we learn is through experience though.

Caz - good news about your GD checks. I heard about the Health in Pregnancy grant going too.

Lozza - hi! A belated welcome from me! What a ride you've had so far.

BooBoo - I do Pilates and would say a definate yes, it really helps with back problems. Another bonus is that it also exercises the pelvic floor - If you like exercising though :D , it might feel a bit tame and sedate, you don't get "the burn" if that's what you like.

Bethany - I think people who are claiming tax credits may be entitled to extra help, one of which is a Sure Start Maternity Grant, which is £500. There are extra eligibility criteria beyond just simply "tax credits" and depend on your personal circumstances. I found the info on HMRC website.

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

AFM - My appetite is huge (is yours still the same Suki?). And now its showing. I've had to finally admit that I just can't get my jeans over my a**e anymore. I wouldn't mind if all my weight gain was all at the front but I'm laying down fat all over. I've never been busty (more boyish!) but now I've got a cleavage, I'm finding they get in the way a bit! Oh for a pert pair!
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 31st 2011, 2:01pm

Hey ladies

Is anyone else grumpy? I find I am so short with people at the moment and people in work are getting on my nerves easier than normal. Is it the hormones? :pullhair:

I threw up again on Saturday. Had a lovely meal with friends but felt lousy after it. Felt OK on Sunday though. I guess I will just have random days now when it hits me but I really am hoping it stops soon.

Shelley - I forgot to congratulate you on it being a boy and amazing that DH felt him kick. I can't wait for that moment. I keep wondering if I can feel any movement down there but all I get is the occasional cramps. No flutters which is what people describe it as. Still early for me though I know but I was hoping that as my placenta is at the back (is it called posterior?) that I will feel it move sooner rather than later xx

Re the pushchair debate I have been looking at travel systems. I have said to DH I don't want to spend more than £400. A friend offered me one second hand but as it's our first baby we really want to buy everything new and have the excitement of shopping for it. I was told to ensure you get one that is as light as possible so that will be our main priority when looking for one. I've looked at certain brands such as Jane, Quinny, etc. I think we plan to have a browse in Mama and Papas and Mothercare, find one we like, but then I'll do some research on the web to try and get the best price.

Chillimint - I have a cleavage too!! It's great isn't it? However I bought some new bigger bras last week (gone from a B to a D!) in soft cotton but I have noticed that you can see my nipples through them LOL! As in they seem to be permanently erect at the moment so if I have a clingy top on, like today, they're sticking out! Padded bras hide them don't they? I've been walking around the office with my arms over my chest LOL! xx

Booboo - when is your scan? Can't wait to hear if it's blue or pink! Mine is 2 weeks today xx

Well I best get back to work. Hi to everyone else.

Oh I have another debate for us - peanuts!! I [zx076] peanut butter and my favourite dish at Wagamams has peanuts in it. Have you stopped eating them altogether? I heard if you eat them the baby can develop an allergy. Is that if you eat too much of them?

Monday, January 31st 2011, 2:56pm

Hey ladies this is a really quick post as Im working and have 2 mins but had to reply to you Hoping 77 really quickly about the peanut debate. I haven been advised by my clinic, midwife and Doctor to EAT peanuts!! Its also in my NHS Ready Steady Baby book that we were give at our first midwife appointment. Seemingly since they told people not to eat peanuts the peanut allergies in children have increased so they advise to eat them now. Such a trauma as they change their minds all the time dont they! I still eat peanut butter and have peanuts when I fancy them. (oh and Im addicted to Wagamamas and know the dish you are talking about yum yum)!

Has anyone heard different from their clinics???

Hello to all and promise to post later

x

big hello to Harry and Nikki my fellow IUI-ers, cant believe we are all on the 2nd trimester together! x

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Monday, January 31st 2011, 2:59pm

Hiya huns

some great idea's and thought about prams/travel systems. it is a total mindfield out there which is why i wanted some of your opinions. i doubt i'll be spending over £500 anyway and i want that to include the car seat. Thats why we liked the one called 'Oyster' by babystyle. Its quite lite and small and really easy to change from pram to car seat to buggy. and it is a very decent price compared to the bugaboo's and such like. i've heard so much raving about Bugaboo's and how amazing they are but i'm just not getting it, especially cos its so expensive. And also i have to think about what if i do buy something and don't like it...... waste of money!! anyway i'll keep shopping about, i do have plenty of time still.

Hoping - i'm glad u mentioned peanuts!! i've been eating tracker bars and somone couldn't wait to tell me i wasn't supposed to be eating them!! but i read that we shouldn't worry unless we have nut allergies in the family. having said that i have now stopped eating the nutty tracker bars cos it made me paranoid X( so have u got a gender scan booked too??? how exciting :D yes we find out on thursday...can't wait!!!!

chillmint - i'm same as u and hoping with the enhanced cleavage!! i'm usually an A (your prob bigger than that anyway!!) and prob arn't that much bigger tbh... but cos they are small the growth is really noticable for me... :happy: its just when they shrink again i'll be sad to see them go...lol.

shelly - i bet that was so amazing you and dh feeling your LO....i can't wait til i can feel my LO. i bet your dh was chuffed to bits

hiya to caz, scoffs and harry too. your pram advices have been noted....i love the pram debate :snigger: i couldn't find a section on here about prams though.........

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 31st 2011, 3:39pm

Lozza thank you so much for the reassurance on peanuts!! I'm happy to take your word for it. I shall be eating peanut butter on toast often now LOL! Yes the Wagamamas dish - number 43 - mmmmmmmmmmmm, it's divine! I love it. Though I have been asking them to exclude the prawns while I'm pregnant LOL!

Booboo - I'll check out the Oyster prams. Think I've convinced DH to go to Mama and Papas on Saturday as there is one near my grandparents who we are visiting. Just to have a nosy. Yes my gender scan is on 14th February smile2 . My mum and dad are coming with us. Remember I said mum had peed me off about not wanting to come to the 4D scan (is it 4d or 3d at c28 weeks?), well she rang me the next day and said I've booked the 14th off. I was like why and she said she could tell I was upset about the scan and I said I meant the 4d one not the one on the 14th LOL! I then said well it will be nice for you to come as we will find out the sex then so still a special day.

Anyway, best get back to work. I keep popping on here though as it destresses me LOL!

XX

Caz

Ace

Monday, January 31st 2011, 3:51pm

I was reading the book the NHS give you about pregnancy in the bath and almost caused a tidal wave when I read they'd changed their advice on peanuts. I couldn't get out and dry quick enough to whack the bread in the toaster and indulge. Have read up on it and the advice now is indeed to EAT peanuts, yayyyyyy. My DS1 was mostly nurtured on satsumas (I ate bags of them until I knew about the GD) and it is fair to say that DS2 is 99% peanut butter. If any of you are suffering with sugars it is also meant to really help with that and it has certainly worked for me (Meridian or Wholefoods do great brands with no added stuff). I think the exception is if there are known allergies or severe asthma/exzima sufferers in your family.

Monday, January 31st 2011, 3:53pm

Lozza - our posts crossed earlier. you've made me feel better too about the nuts thing. there's so many people who like to poke their noses in what i'm eating at work!! i will eat my tracker bars guilt free then from now on. and if i think about it i bet our gran's and gran's gran's weren't told to stop eating nuts and other fads they tell us not to do now. as long as we stick to the main rules so we avoid food poisoning and such like i think we'll be ok. U've made me feel better about nuts though hun :thumbsup:

hoping - of course! how could i forget you scan was a valentines prezzie :heart: we are both so impatiant having a gender scan at 17 weeks :snigger: glad your mum is going with u too, and your dad. that will be nice. my mum's coming for ours but we arn't telling anyone else we know the sex of the bay until its born (apart from on here of course!!). so lets hope i don't get caught out buying pink or blue by anyone i know......... when i first booked the gender scan i was unsure whether i'd done the right thing at first. cos once we know there's no turning back! did u feel like that at all? anyway after visiting mothercare and mama's and papa's i now know i'm making the right choice for me and dh cos i can't wait to buy pink or blue rather than creams and yellows. but each to their own, i can definately see why someone would like the suprise.

Me best get back to work too...................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 31st 2011, 4:21pm

Thanks Caz for your reassurance too on peanuts. Very happy about that x

Booboo - well done to you if you keep it a secret re the sex! We plan on telling everyone and the name we want too. To be honest everyone who knows I am pregnant knows what names I like and have wanted so it wouldn't be a surprise anyway to not announce it until the birth. I think it's great that some people keep everything a surprise - the sex and name, but my DH and I have always said we would want to know the sex and like I said we have had our names for some time. We want our nursery in cream though still, with maybe a splash of pink or blue. I really like the Winnie the Pooh bedding that there is in cream. My mum is doing a personalised cross stitch for me of Eeyore for the nursery, which has the alphabet on it and will have the baby's name. It's well cute. I saw a really cute teddy at weekend in Clintons of a dalmation pup with a blue nose, only small and soft, but I thought it'd be really cute as a first teddy if we have a boy. I get emotional looking at baby stuff, does anyone else? I start filling up. God help me when we actually start buying stuff LOL!

Anyway, I really really must get back to work now LOL!

xxxxxx

Caz

Ace

Monday, January 31st 2011, 4:37pm

I blub all the time about baby stuff, so it doesn't wear off! And I'm grumpy as hell at the moment too. Hope that clears up soon.

It's really cute to give LOs a small pressie when they are born, their first gift from Mummy and Daddy, I like the sound of the dalmation. We got DS1 "Parsnip" from mamas and papas and it just so happens that's the toy he now worships, it goes everywhere, we have 5 of them! Have tried to attach a pic of him just 5 hours old with Parsnip (now Raddit) by his side.

I'm like you Hoping and found out both times and told everyone. I enjoy calling them their names and discussing them as real people. Thomas was Thomas from about 20 weeks and James is already James, I think it helps Thomas too, when I ask him what's in Mummy's tummy he says "Jay". You get a lot less "helpful" input from others too if you just say "his/her name is....." rather than "we quite like.... or are thinking of.....".
Totally admire people who keep it a secret though - patience has never been a strong point of mine!
Caz has attached the following file:

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 31st 2011, 4:54pm

Loving your pic Caz, sooooo cute. I can't wait to get or LO home in it's new lovely crisp white clothes. So angelic and delicate. Oooooh I can't wait. I get goosebumps imagining the day we bring baby home. I wish I could fast forward to that day actually. I know everyone says enjoy the pregnancy but I just want to see our baby and have it healthy in my arms.

I'm totally with you on the finding out the sex and naming them before they're born. Our names are Nathan or Isabella. Not long till we find out which one it will be!!

United Kingdom

Monday, January 31st 2011, 4:55pm

Aww Caz - Gorgeous pic! xx

Guess what...... Just booked up my 4D scan!!!! 24th March YAY!

Monday, January 31st 2011, 5:03pm

Ooooh all this talk of 4D scans - I have one tomorrow - I can't wait to see her all wriggling around!! its the perfect end to the 2nd tri!!! I'm so excited :D :D

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Monday, January 31st 2011, 7:19pm

:hi: everyone

Thought I'd put one last post on here before moving across to the 3rd trimester chat tomorrow. Can't really believe it even now!

Loads of you seem to be having a 4D scan. We have not found out the sex of our little one, partly as we were unsure and also as baby was not co-operative at the 20 week scan anyway. So we've decided to wait. We have a 34 week growth scan 4 weeks on Thursday and really looking forward to that. Been going to yoga and a reflexologist came along this week - was so nice so have booked in for an initial consultation. Has anyone else tried this?

Love the talk around buggies. When we first started looking I was amazed to how much choice there was. We have gone for a Teutonia Fun System - it's a German made one but the quality is fantastic and the fabric is really nice, much better than some we saw. I'm not sure about these really expensive branded ones - we did look at some and tbh thought they were not as nice. Hoping we won't want to change this one - bought a neutral colour (black) so will be jazzing it up with some colourful toys. We also went for the maxi-cosi cabrio fix car seat with isofix base - can put on travel system too!

We are quite organised - have about 90% of what we need either upstairs or on order. We decided on purchasing everything new (partly as no offerings from family to help and NCT nearly news sales fell either before 20 weeks or were close to our EDD) but I just love shopping for LO. We were starting to think if we'd even be lucky enough to fall pregnant (and also given what we have already spent to get here) - I'm making the most of it. I keep going into the spare room (which is at least twice a day) and looking at everything - nursery is currently being painted and can't wait for the furniture to arrive and get all set up.

As for the peanuts discussion - I've been steering clear as had not heard to the contrary. We weren't given a NHS booklet - told there were inappropriate adverts in it and it was being reprinted?

Caz - love the piccie of Thomas. We are all getting so much closer to having our babies - it's amazing. We haven't even got a shortlist of names yet - have started but the shopping seems to have taken over. Did those who have chosen a name already find it easy?

BooBoo - what are these cuts coming in April?

Those who are waiting for the movement to take off - it's amazing. My DH loves feeling and seeing our LO move - really connects him with LO and is great for them bonding.

I laughed at the BDing discussions. When I saw the post about "helping DH out" - showed DH and he's now asking for his contract :snigger: My back is playing up too - even waking up with it hurting now. But have been trying to sleep on my LHS although can't always get comfy on that side. I've been fairly lucky with pregnancy symptoms - so it's fine.

Well good luck to all and look forward to seeing you move across the 3rd trimester. It's been really lovely chatting to you all.

Love and hugs
xx

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

suki

Ace

Monday, January 31st 2011, 10:48pm

Hi everyone! the big pram debate! I have gone through a quinny speedi ( great for rural walks only, but crap otherwise) a quinny zapp ( great for town ) a maclaren XT ( I cannot reccomend this buggy highly enough, especially for holidays with its extending hood for sun). I'd definately reccommend buying a second hand buggy as most of my friends have ended up buying a second one.We've just got a babyjogger city select new though as I wanted to still be able to put my DD in a buggy when she's tired. Mr C ( one of FZ's moderators ) suggested looking at this buggy as I was considering an icandy from ebay. I like the fact that or LO will be facing me in its car seat whilst our DD can still face out. Plus the second seat is lower than the first so unlike phil & ted ( which I really fancied initially ) neither child is tucked behind.Plus its no-where near as expensive as an icandy! I'm using it as a single buggy just now and its fab.

Bd'ing? I've nearly forgotten what thats like! We avoided it for ages as we were terrified, but I think my DH is a bit freaked out by the whole pregnancy thing. With my DD he wasn't up for it at all.

Shelly, thats sooooo lovely about the movement, I still only get mild sensations like my LO is swimming about like a fish.... so we're calling it tiddler just now, like the kids book.
I was really interested to hear that we can now eat peanuts, my sister has a severe peanut allergy so I'd been avoiding them, but now I'm thinking mmmmmm satay sauce!I've also had prawn tempura a couple of times as I figure nothing much could survive those temperatures. Chillimint, my appetite is still sadly the same.... and I'm now craving sushi .... which I don't think we're allowed?
Scoffs, how exciting about yor scan tomorrow, NikkiH, 3rd tri, wow!
And hello and goodnight to everyone else! xxx

Monday, January 31st 2011, 11:29pm

Pretty sure you can have sushi as in the uk all the fish is frozen first - well that's what it says on the food standards agency website. I love sushi and I have not stopped eating it. Mmmmmmmm

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 7:16am

Just a quick one to say good luck nikki! we'll hopefully be joining you soon. Harry x

Caz

Ace

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 8:45am

Morning all,
Well I am 28 weeks today so I think that puts me into my 3rd trimester! Not sure whether I'm meant to move at start or end of 28th week so I'm going to occupy both for this week. Will always keep reading this forum anyhow and look forward to this lovely bunch moving over too.
Caz
xx

Reg: Jul 7th 2010

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 10:59am

Hi all,

Is there room for another one, I am now 13 weeks so feel brave enough to move to the 2nd trimester chat :) I got to see my 2 LO's on Friday as I had a scan, they were dancing away, it was perfect. I am also starting to feel a lot better physically than I have been so I am hopeful that this next trimester is going to be trouble free.

Need to read through the threads to catch up with you all.

Alasya xxx
TTC - 5 Years

ICSI - July 10 - :BFN: :no:
ICSI - Nov 10 - :BFP: :thumbsup2:

23rd Dec - 7 week scan - 2 perfect :heart: seen :dancing: TWINS!
28th Jan - 12 week scan - 2 perfect :heart: seen :dancing: TWINS!
24th Mar - 20 week scan - bab21 bab21 It's twin Girls!
26th Jun - 33 Weeks - Ela & Talya finally arrive! bab19 bab19

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 12:36pm

Welcome Alasya!

Twins! How lovely xx

Take care and look forward to hearing all about your little ones in this thread x

suki

Ace

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 12:57pm

Scoffs, I can eat sushi? oh you have just made my day! my DH didn't bring me flowers in hospital after my DD, he brought sushi (much to the amusement of the other mums!) well thats me sorted for this weekend, oh I can just taste that nigiri and california rolls.... yum! how did your scan go today?
Welcome Alasya and your twinnies.

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 1:29pm

Hiya ladies

alasya - welcome hun. good to see u on here. :thumbsup: Glad your starting to feel better hun. hoepfully u'll get the 2nd trimester glow everyone raves on about.....i'm still waiting patiantly for mine!!

caz and nikki - congrat on 3rd tri :D Must be so good to have finished the first 2 thirds.

nikki - u do sound organised with your baby shopping!! the cuts i mentioned...well i don't really understand tbh.... all i've been told is the government has cut any form of working parent related benefit. i'm unsure how it works though..... i think the government website helps give u and idea of what your entitled to as a parent but i haven't looked yet.

scoffs - how was your 4D scan hun? another amazing day seeing your LO? could you see what Lo looks like now?

suki - aw thats so cute you can feel your little Tiddler swimming about. i can't wait to feel any sort of sensation.

AFM - well my sickness seems to be better this past few days. xfingers it stays that way!! i just get a bit of like burning sicky feeling sometimes in my throat which i'm assuming is indigestion. as long as i'm not nauseous though i'm happy :happy:

well last night me and dh were looking at Bugaboo's on the net cos lots of people keep going on about them and how fantastic they are. so i was having a nosey and thinking i prob wouldn't get one. but now i hate to say this but i think i'm getting the bug for a Bugaboo!! they are expensive but so many people have said how great they are for compactness, lightness and that they can be used for city mode or off road. so i might take a sneaky peak in mothercare next time i'm in and compare it to the Oyster we liked.

apart form been on pram watch only other thing to report is my seriously hideous vivid dreams i keep having! just about crazy stuff and more like nightmares sometimes :S must be the hormones!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 2:11pm

Hiya Girls
Scan was very good :happy: :happy: could really get to see her little face which was lovely. She measured all perfectly - although a little big - they predict her 40 week weight as 9lbs!!! ultrasounds not all that accurate so as long as she's healthy i'm happy.

Regarding the sushi this is what it says on the food standards agency site http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/asksam/agesand…gnancy/#A219865

Is it OK to eat sushi when I'm pregnant?
It's fine to eat sushi, and other dishes made with raw fish, when you're pregnant as long as the fish used to make it has been frozen first. This is because occasionally fish contains small worms called parasites, which could make you ill. Freezing kills the worms and makes raw fish safe to eat.

Sushi sold in shops or restaurants, whether it's ready-made or made in the shop, should be fine to eat. This is because the raw fish the shop uses to make sushi must have been frozen at minus 20°C for at least 24 hours.

If you make your own sushi at home, freeze the fish for at least 24 hours before using it.

Some raw fish used to make sushi, such as smoked salmon, doesn't need to be frozen before it's used. This is because smoking kills any worms in the fish. Other methods, such as salting or pickling, are also used to make raw foods safe to eat.

Enjoy!! my victory meal is going to be some pate, with onion chutney, warm chibatta and a glass of red wine.....mmmmmm

Caz

Ace

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 4:18pm

Red wine and brie for me I think. And a gooey runny dippy egg for breakfast.

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 5:15pm

Hi ladies,

Just joining in on the buggy debate....I too love the look and feel of the bugaboos but unfortunately my buggy budget won't stretch that far...I've found a nice alternative from Mamas and Papas - has anyone seen their Zoom model? It's lovely and lightweight and really easy to fold - looks smart too and pretty good value for money. DH and I went to Mamas and Papas at the weekend and we had a little play around with it and have made our minds up that it's the one for us. We also agreed on a cot and dresser...exciting!

7 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

7 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE