You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Apr 26th 2009

Children: son 11 ICSI daugther 18 months

Saturday, May 28th 2011, 12:27pm

KJ dont worry everyone is different...every mom and every baby!!!
just came back from NCT sale- that was madness!!! We came on time and queue was ENORMOUS!!!!!!! still managed to buy loads...mainly clothes but only not pink and with good brands- ralph lauren, mamas and papas etc....from not clothes bought few books for my DS and for buba almost new rocker chair mothercare for whole fiver....people who were before us have had loads of choices, things went really fast...we left 90 minutes before end of the sale and the hall was pretty empty...
Al.

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Saturday, May 28th 2011, 6:29pm

Alex - those NCT sales are CRAZY aren't they? We are member so got to go in 1/2 an hour earlier which was good, as when they opened the doors it just went mental in there. But yes, some great bargains to be had.

KJ - Well done on reaching 18 weeks - nearly half way!! YAAY!! Don't worry about fetal movement yet - I only felt min last week for the first time and then only tiny taps, and that's all I feel still. I have an AP though so very glad I felt SOMETHING!! I too have a doppler and it is my peace of mind, don't know what I would have done without it to be honest.

Rallygirl - loving the new (old) car. It was a top-of-the-range model so inside it is LOVELY, it was well looked after. I hope you manage to find something to do a swap with. These babies don't know what hassle they cause, do they ??? ;)

Anna - dress up day went well. I was in my pjs so very comfy. Hope you are enjoying the Loire Valley and managing to stay away from all those lush cheeses.

Nickymoo - I think you need to take some time to decide if a home birth is what you really want - you still have a lot of time to decide so don't be rushed, especially by your m/w. Remember - your baby, your bosy, your choice. xx

Kel - had a peek at your scan piccies. Yup - sure is a boy in there! Do you know what twin 1 is??

Taxi - So the next milestone is 28/29 weeks? Right, operation "close cervix" is ON!!!

AFM - have serious pram-desire. I met and fell in love with the icandy peach today. Has anyone got any experience of this one??? It sooooooooo gorgeous!! All is well here, bump feels like it is getting rather large!

Much love to all!!

:xxx3:

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 12:30am

Just a quickie

Daisy I have seen the prams and they are lurrrvley. I am going for a red phil & teds dash. The cocoon is just fab that goes with it.
xxxxx

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 8:13am

Hi all,

Daisy I saw those icandy ones they look great, it really is daunting with so much choice, I am quite tempted to just go to John Lewis and buy everything I need, not yet but nearer the time.

Its our aniversary today so got friends coming round for dinner, should be nice except they will be all quaffing champagne while I look on with my juice!! Not to worry its not for ever although I was thinking the other day how long pregnancy is in humans, I also think it feels longer for us because of all the IVF stuff that comes before it.

Anyway I am just waffling, have a lovely day everyone.

KJ

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 8:39am

Prams...we actually got one!!!! I know it is early but hey, the one we wanted was on sale, so we couldnt resist...Graco delux.
But cotbed etc we will buy later, august-september. The list of needs is looong so I am planning to buy every now and than bits and bobs, depends if I see something I truly like with good price etc.
KJ- congrats on your anniversary!! and u are defo wright about IVF making it longer but when I thought about it yesterday, if they will go ahead with that horrible C section with me it is just slightly over 4 months to go!!! and I remeber looking up for NCT sale, and when I saw it I thought it is long time to wait and voila, it was yesterday!
Daisy Im thinking of joining NCT and sign up for early days course and to some other ones so I can meet mums from Aberdeen, as all I know are mums of 9 year olds...:)
Al.

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 12:37pm

Not long until I move from here ladies, infact some people are telling me i'm in the third trimester already, although I see on here you move up at 29 weeks. All the books say different things.

Had a bit of an eventful day yesterday as woke up and was bleeding. Not incredibly heavily, but there were spots of bright red blood and to be honest I just think it is so much better to get any bleeding checked out. Went to A and E, wasn't just incredibly impressed with their service to be honest, although they did check me and the baby over and everything seemed to be ok and no real reason for it. Bleeding has stopped and not had any for a while now, apart from a few tiny brown spots and am just trying not to worry about it. My blood pressure was a little higher, still within the normal range, but up a bit from what it has been. They seemed a bit flippant about it, putting it down to the stress of the situation, but i'm going to my GP tomorrow to get another check over, given that I have a history of high blood pressure. The Dr I saw did actually phoned me 3 times yesterday until he got hold of me to follow up and check to see how I was, which I thought was lovely. Now just trying to put it to the back of my mind and fingers crossed there is no more drama.

Hope you are all having lovely weekends xxx

Reg: Mar 8th 2011

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 2:17pm

Hi guys

Can I join you? I'm 13+1 today. I'm due 3rd Dec.

I've gained about 4lbs but its all tummy so I've just bitten the bullet and bought some maternity trousers, theres only so long I can walk around with my top button undone lol.

Still haven't bought anything baby yet can't quite bring my self to believe nothings going to go wron but so far so good.

Hope everyone over here is doing well.
high5 Hunniballoo :balloons:

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 29th 2011, 2:20pm

:wave:

Amazing Grace - Gosh how scary. You must have been terrified. I am glad all is well now & they should keep an extra special eye out on you.
:hugs:

Al ex - I too am buying bits & bobs as I go along. I have all the clothes now up to 3 months anyway so now just need some big bits and grow bags. The pram I will get in July/Aug & the cot the month after.
I have kept all receipts too & am not taking any clothes out of packaging until I know its a girlie for sure. :duh:

Anna - Good luck for tues. I hope Bub plays ball & you get to find out if its a boy or girl. :weehee:

KJ Happy Anniversary for today my lovely. :flowers: wedding2

RAllygirl - It is great feeling LO move eh. :rainbow: lurve

Hunnibalo - :hi: Welcome & congratulations on getting to second tri. starsmile :wine:

Hi to everyone else & to all the bumps no mater how big or small. :rose: [zx160] [zx178]
xxxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Monday, May 30th 2011, 8:25am

How Do??

Taxi - I don't blame you for keeping receipts - they do make mistakes don't they? I hope they haven't, it must be such a difficult adjustment from thinking one sex only to be given another!! x And the phil & teds dash looks rather sexy I must say!!

hunni - WELCOME!! Second tri= major milestone :)

Amazing Grace - I agree that all the books are different, my book says that week 26 is 3rd tri!! Big difference between 26 & 29 weeks. I hope things have settled down now with the bleeding? Maybe you are working too hard NO! get some rest!!!

Alex - we joined the NCT for the ante-natal classes which we are now booked on, may go to an early days one too. It was worth the membership to get into the sale earlier than the general public too!

KJ - did you have a nice anniversary? I hope you got something small & sparkly!! Agree with you that our pregnancies feel longer than natural ones! Especially if you down-regged (I didn't for this round but I can imagine).

Rallygirl, Anna, Nickymoo, kel, and anyone else who's name I can't remember (sorry, memory is crap) hope you and bumps are all OK??

AFM - I am 20 weeks today!! WOOOOHOOOO!! Half way woohoo
Have had sooo much advice on FB from friends about prams and the advice is to go for it with the icandy and 2 or 3 mates said to stay away from the quinny. So that's made my mind up! Just need to persuade DH now. Not going to actually but it until we have built the new office in teh garden, which should be in a couple of weeks. We're also getting the main bathroom redone end of June so that will churn up a load of dust. Don't want baby's things to get all dusty and horrible!!
My carpal tunnel has really flared up with a vengence. Am buying an all-singing all-dancing splint today to sort it out. Have an old NHS one but it really doesn't work too well :(
I hope everyone is going to have a lovely BH day, despite any naff weather :windy:

My diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 23rd 2011

Children: 3 from my previous marriage and got sterlilised at 21

Monday, May 30th 2011, 8:57am

Morning girls,

Well I'm 13 weeks today so I'm guessing this is where is should be! I think I need to read back and see what's been going on :)

Hope everyone is ok xxxx
Mary bigkiss

Monday, May 30th 2011, 9:13am

WELCOME TO ALL NEWCOMERS TO SECOND TRI!!!!
AG- I agree with Daisy, maybe you just need more rest? Fingers crossed all is well!
Daisy- Im not going to antenatal classes as I feel I dont really need them...still remember all things from previous ones :) but want to join early days ones to meet other mums!
Daisy- congrats on 20 weeks!! woohoo!! Im getting there next Friday! ;) my book says 26 weeks as well, I think 29 is wrong as when you think trimester is around 12 weeks minimum, as months are not exactly 4 weeks! so 29 would mean last tri is not even 12 weeks!!
Al.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, May 30th 2011, 1:06pm

Daisy - Icandy is supoposed to be fab. What colour are you going for. I was torn between the bugaloo & Phil & Teds but I am swung on P&T at the mo. I am sure we will make a decision nearer the time.
WoooooooooooooHooooooooooooo 20 weeks.

Mary 82 - Congrats on getting to 2nd tri & welcome.

Al ex - I always thought 3rd tri was 28 weeks. Hmmmmmm who knows the rules. Lets make them up as we go along. If anyone finds out for sure let us know. PS it is different with the Americans.
xxxxxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Monday, May 30th 2011, 1:24pm

TAXI -Im american actually :)
Al.

United Kingdom

Monday, May 30th 2011, 3:43pm

Hi

1st trimester Is 0-12 weeks
2nd trimester Is 13-28 weeks
3rd trimester is 29-40 weeks

That's what all my books etc say xx
Mary bigkiss

Monday, May 30th 2011, 4:17pm

Trimesters:

BUPA says - 0-12 = 1st
13 - 27 = 2nd
28+ = 3rd

NHS says 0-13 = 1st
14 - 26 = 2nd
27 + = 3rd

So, as I am now treated by the NHS, I'll go with those dates!! It does vary from place to place whcih is silly.

My diary

Monday, May 30th 2011, 10:37pm

it is silly as one may think it should be everywhere same...
Al.

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 8:17am

Just a quick one from me. Have just weighed myself and I haven't put any weight on!! I am THRILLED!!! Iknow I will eventually but this is excellent for me as I am overweight fatty to start with! I think the fact that I had bloated and put weighht on with the steroids before the pregnancy and was on them up to 14 weeks meant that it was inevitable that when they started to wear off the bloat would go. My face has lost all its puffiness too. What a great start to the day!

Now off for coffee with a friend, followed by PIzza Express and another fish pedicure :) Ahhhh love half term!!

My diary

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 11:06am

Enjoy your day Daisy!
Al.

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 11:32am

Hi ladies

How is everyone?

I had 2 pairs of maternity trousers delivered this morning as I have a bump already but one pair was the wrong colour and the other pair too short in the leg. Very annoying.

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 11:35am

thats why I never order clothes/shoes online....I need to do that in the shops! :) I hope you can change them??
Al.

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 12:28pm

Morning ladies,

quick post - will write more personals later.....

Just had scan, all perfect and very surprised but absolute over the moon to find out it's 80% likely that bab21

so so happy!!!!

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 1:03pm

bab10 baby8 bab15 bab20 My guess was wrong.
Congrats Anna on team Pink.
Name decided yet?

xxxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 1:19pm

Hi Ladies

AWWW!!! Brilliant news Anna, another girl bab10 , i'm going to have to balance things out aren't i?? Will arrange a 4D scan as soon as we move, i've got to know what flavour our LO is!!

Welcome to all newcomers, :bye: cant see far enough back to see all your names, sorry.

Hi Daisy, that's great news on the weight front. My m/w just said to me this morning "what a neat little bump" so i'm pretty pleased with that. I had a substantial spare tyre before getting pg so have been worried about getting huge.

Al. ex and Hunnibaloo, i def prefer to try stuff on in the shops but there's often way more choice online so it's a tricky one.

Mary, the trimesters are so confusing. :loony: The problem is, 40 weeks doesn't divide equally into 3 so i guess that's why some books are different. As long as we're all healthy, that's all that matters eh? :yes:

Taxi, hope you're still floating on that lovely healthy cloud!! [zx127]

Hi to all other 2nd tri lovely ladies. Hope you all had a good weekend and all you teachers are having a nice restful half term.

AFM - had my 22wk check up this morning with m/w. She measured me spot on 22 weeks and said i had a nice neat bump so that was good news. Heard Bubba's [zx076] pounding away so was lovely and reassuring although, i feel the wriggling all the time so not so worried about not hearing [zx076] . That was my last app with these lovely Norfolk m/w's, this time next week we'll be in Scotland!! Keep thinking there's lots to do but really there isn't. The movers will turn up on Monday morning and pack everything for us so we just sit back and watch. :coffee:

Take care folks! xxx

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 2:27pm

yaaaay another girl!!! :D Congrats Anna!!!!
Rally- so soon we will be "neighbours" ;) good luck with ur move!
Al.

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 5:14pm

Hi rally yeah it's stupid how it's so different all over, just like ivf treatment was different for some of us girls! But ur right as long as we are all good then it doesn't matter!

Anna- congrats Hun bet ur so happy! I can't wait to find out, kinda did the chain and ring over my belly today and it said girl and it was always right on my others but time will tell I guess! Probably will be wrong now hahaha

Afm- I feel so tired today and all we have done is go to a few shops and now I want to sleep lol got a long day at work tomorrow too 7am-10pm :( xxx
Mary bigkiss

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 5:38pm

Anna!! you got what you (secretly) wanted!! YAY!!

bab20 bab20 bab10 bab10 GO TEAM PINK!!! bab10 bab10 bab20 bab20

bab21 bab21 bab21

My diary

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 7:56pm

Hello lovely ladies

It has been a very long time since I posted but I have been catching up and glad to hear all is well in pregnancy land :happy:

Welcome to Mary and Hunniballoo and congratulations on your pregnancies, I hope you are both feeling well :thumbsup:

Can't believe how many little girls are being produced in this thread, its amazing so a BIG congratulations to you all!! I bet you have all been shopping till you drop!? Who is next to find out?

I had my 20 week scan 2 weeks ago now, baby is happy healthy and growing well but I don't know what flavour it is. I seem to be one of the minority that has decided not to find out the sex and everyone thinks I am crazy for not finding out but I love the suspense and the speculation about what it might be!! I completely understand why people find out though and my visit to the baby show a couple of weeks ago showed me how many people must find out what they are having because most things were geared towards girls or boys. It certainly curbed my spending as the only piece of clothing I bought were 3 comedy bibs LOL!!

Have attached a coupe of little piccies for you, maybe you can guess what flavour baby is?!?!
Stace has attached the following files:
  • IMG_0044.jpg (130.32 kB - 12 times downloaded - latest: Jun 1st 2011, 8:04pm)
  • IMG_0047.jpg (147.52 kB - 11 times downloaded - latest: Jun 1st 2011, 8:05pm)

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 8:37pm

Hi stace

Thanks for the welcome :) your pics are lovely but I can't guess lol u find out in 7 weeks if it's a boy or a girl but I did an old wifes tail thing where u use a chain and a ring to see what the sex was so can't wait to see if it's right again cos it as been three times over and was also right on my sisters :) xx
Mary bigkiss

Stace

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 9:59pm

I've heard about the ring on a chain but never experimented! Is it if it swings in a circle it's a girl and straight for a boy? Might have to give it a go now as I'm intrigued!!

I see you already have 3 kiddies, do you have a mixture of boys/girls?

xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 9:25am

Stace- I'm with you babe - we're not finding out what we're having and I don't regret not finding out for a minute. I want the whole "it's a boy - it's a girl!" after all that hard work moment and although totally understand why people do want to know, personally kinda feel like it is opening your presents before Christmas, which I NEVER do! Everyone is amazed at my patience! I'm thinking that it must be a boy with all the girls in here! Seriously, though - no idea what we're having and no real feeling about it either. Fluctuates between boy and girl!

Well everything seems to be just fine - thank goodness. Went to see my GP on Monday and she was just brilliant. Checked me and the baby and signed me off for a week. The good news is that i've had no further bleeding, my blood pressure is right back down again and the baby seems perfectly healthy with a good strong heatbeat and movements. Sooooo relieved and really glad of the rest from work. Will only have 7 and half days to work when I go back next week. Had an appointment with my midwife today and again everything was looking great. My GP had measured my tummy wrong, so I was relieved to hear that my uterus is actually a perfect size for where I am at in my pregnancy and not off the scale and too big like my GP had measured! Midwife very happy too and i'm feeling calm and contented. Baby kicking away good style!

Not a lot else to report other than that my best friend has had a beautiful little girl, but now we are having to rethink our girls name! We are really unsure what to do as the name we have chosen just seems perfect for our little one, so I was just floored when I read her text and they'd chosen the same name! It wasn't done purposefully and I suppose it says a lot about us as friends (we are very similar!) that we have chosen the same names! Not sure whether to just stick to our name and go with it, or to see if we can find something else. They don't mind and we don't either, but we come from a very small place (although neither of us live there anymore) and it might look to some people like i've copied her. DH and I will need to chat and see what we think.

Just chilling - 28 weeks today and feeling very tired, so the time at home is doing me the world of good. xxx

P.S I did the ring experiment and it said girl! ;)

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 9:50am

Hi stace

It's line for a girl circle for boy! I did it on my belly first then I did it on my hand which it shown my three first which is girl boy girl then it did another girl on the end! I also went and did it on my DH and it just did one girl cos my three aren't his there from my previous marriage! We decided we only wanted to have one between us! I just can't wait to see if it's right lol but we really aren't bothered what we have cos either way it's a blessing for us to get pregnant due to me being sterilised at the age of 21! I wad shocked the ivf worked first time cos we was only going to try once too! So we are very happy xxx
Mary bigkiss

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:05am

As with everything connected to pregnancy, the ring over the belly is a nightmare - do a simple internet search and different websites will tell you if it is a boy then it will swing in a circle, but another website will tell you that a circle is a girl and vice versa with the straight line. But I *think* most of them favour a circle for a girl (see below)
In Germany, the Old Wives' Tale says a circle means a girl, line means a boy.

So, I think, pick the website that gives you the answer you want LOL!!!

Circle = girl (because that's what I'm having so only included these hehehehe!)
Needle or Wedding Ring Gender Prediction Method
Pregnancy Myths: Gender Prediction, Boy or Girl, Baby Hair and Heartburn, Dreams, and More!
Wedding ring and needle myth - old wives tales gender prediction myths
Baby Gender Prediction - boy or girl - Chinese Lunar Calendar Gender Prediction Chart old wives tales needle wedding ring heart rate high low bump zodiac Baby2see

My diary

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:13am

Hi

I've always stuck to what my mum told me but your right it always changes wherever u look! Mine as always been right but I don't want people following mine and it not it's just what I've grown up knowing from my mum and her mum! At the end off the day nothing is always 100% right and we will all fine out on our due day :) even tho I was told what I was having I was still like is it a girl or boy cos I've heard so many stories of them being wrong, my DH parents got told he was a girl but he come out a boy! I still will buy clothes for either sex and maybe the odd item for if it's a girl or boy when I find out but I never take that chance! My pram is grey and my Moses basket is natural colours lol but there aren't much out there for unisex these days xxx
Mary bigkiss

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:14am

:hi:

Wow - Mum 82 congrats on IVF working 1st time. :party:

Daisy - Yea there are some cool old wives tails too like the faster the heartrate the more likely a girl & all that. I have never tried the ring thing but I bet it is great fun. :cheers:

AG & Stace - I had surprises with the boys. I had no idea what we were having until they were born. I decided this time that I wanted to know to prepare. I shall not be having anymore unless a natural miracle happens, so wanted to buy everything he/she would need first off. I also love bonding with her by calling her by her name & DH & I talk abou what kind of little girl she will be already. :)
It is a personal deciscion & to be honest no better from keeping it a surprise, just different. lurve

PS Stace - Booty pics. :rainbow:

AG - glad the bleeding has stopped & all is well. I think IF you guys are close you may have to change the name. It is so annoying when that happens is'nt it. Thats why I yell my choices from the rooftops. To get first dibbs in. [zx073]

RAlly - Hope all is well with you my lovely & of course Al ex. blowkiss

Love to everyone else. lurve lurve lurve lurve

AFM - All is well. Heard babys HB again at antenatal. My thyroid is still up but noty as high, however this is when it can get a little dangerous for MiMi so I just have to keep plodding on & having her heart rate checked a lot.
They are not going to do anything to stop prem labour ubtil I am actualy in it. I have to wait and see & get to hospital asap if I should go into it. This wont happen for around another 7 -9 weeks anyway. Who knows maybe this time she will stay put for a while. I hope so. I desperatley want to leave hospital with my baby for the first time & not visit her for weeks. :sadface:
I am off out today for lunch with a friend & we are doing some shopping too. Havent done a girlie day in ages so this will be cool. starsmile
:bye:

[zx071]
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:44am

Or I might have it wrong I don't know im confuzzled now lol xxx
Mary bigkiss

Spain United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 11th 2009

Children: 2 teenage sons 13 & 14 and my miracle twins Noha Martina & Oscar Noha born 7 wks early 11/10/11 RIP princess Noha <3

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 12:20pm

Morning ladies :) just a quick one from me as i need to go to work, but i thought u may like to have a go of this :) it has worked for 26 of my friends over the past couple of years! Amazing, see if it works for you .... My friend recently did it, she had her 20 week scan and was told she was having a girl, she went out and brought pink everything, i did the chart on her and it said a boy for her but she didnt believe it, but her beautiful baby BOY was born 2 weeks ago!!! Give it a go :)

It doesn't say if your having twins or not but i did it on myself and it said a GIRL :) I have already been told that 1 twin is a boy but wont find out the other until june 14th so lets see if it is right!!!

Good luck :)

babyworld - pregnancy

IVFx3
TWINS [zx076] [zx076] 7wks prem
Oscar Noha 4lb2 - Tracheal Esophageal Fistula & Esophageal Atresia
Noha Martina 3lb8 - HLHS RIP Princess
My TWIN diary

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 1:32pm

Stace- wonderful pics!!!!
I did many times the ring thing on friends but never on myself...
Mary82- there is plenty unisex out there!! I truly dont like pink so I Im looking for everything unisex or for girls not pink- and there is a looot!!
TAXI-- all will be fine!! Thinking of you! xx
Im waiting for my anomaly scan which will be in 9 days, 10 June...getting nervous!! Yesterday we went to see Shaolin kung fu and my girl was doing her own kung fu all the time, I was moving so much Im sure ppl behind us were hating me!!!
Al.

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 2:39pm

Al.ex- where have u got yours from cos I can't seem to find much?

Kelly- I've just done it and it said girl, the only thing us tho I conceived a week after I turn 29 does that matter lol xx
Mary bigkiss

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 2:50pm

Hi all

I just did the chinese gender prediction thing and it said boy so maybe I'll be the one breaking the girl cycle over here. I won't ave 20 week scan for another 6 weeks though so won't be rushing out to buy anything yet.

Yes thankfully I can send back the maternity trousers I bought.

Does the ring test have to be with a wedding ring?

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 3:04pm

hey ladies,

thanks for all your congrats on Team Pink bab19 i wonder when any boys will turn up!

Al ex - best of luck for the anomoly scan, i spent the whole time in mine saying "is it normal? is it normal?" it is pretty nerve wracking!

Amazing grace - that is such bad luck with the names, unless i could come up with another one i loved as much I personally would still call mine the same name if my friend was ok with it, sod what others think, if you love it you love it.... glad the bleeding has stopped

Stace - hello !!!! fab pics, I haven't got a clue what it is though, in my scan i kept looking out for a willy, couldn't see one though, i think they are quite obvious at our stage

Taxi - hope your thyroid stays at a good level and you managed to get out of the bath :snigger: are you likely to go into early labour do you think?

Daisy - ooh, the iCandy Peach was our 2nd choice, it looks fantastic, all shiny with the 3 wheels, i still look at them now and think did i make the right decision, but i really wanted one with the car seat that just clicked in without adapters etc. i think i will always have the iCandy envy though!

Mary - not done any of the girl / boy tests at all, although, my early HCG levels were high and had a pretty consistant high HB which is meant to indicate a girl will maybe do them over the weekend and see if it is right!

Hunniballo - i keep having to return maternity clothes i ordered on line that are way too big, it's annoying the shops don't stock more isn't it!

hello to Ali, Rallygirl, Kel and everyone else i can't see any further back, hope you are all well :bye:

AFM - very pleased to hear all the anomoly scan came back with everything normal, however i do currently have a low lying posterior placenta at 21 weeks, i have been doing a lot of reading of it, i don't mind the CZ, whatever is the safest for the baby, but the bleeding / transfusions / hospital stay is really worrying me, has anyone had any experience of this? i am booked in for another scan at 32-34 weeks to see if it has moved.

ooh, and we have decided on a name, it is going to be Molly Kate. as i was totally expecting a boy we were a bit thrown for a bit, but had a girl summit last night and back on track, have now allowed myself to look and the insanely cute baby girl / toddler clothes, they are just adorable.

hope you are all good - oh, Daisy & Ali - i know you mentioned interest in meeting up again nearer our dates, was thinking maybe July / August time we and any other Local ladies who fancied it could go for a nice summery lunch?

work is dragging now, can't really motivate myself to do anything, have a meeting with my director about mat leave soon..... will find out what he will give me!
xxx
Anna

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 7:27pm

ANNA- my placenta is low for now as well. I have had C section with my son- honestly, I would be thrilled if I can avoid it, but if I cant I cant....It was healing quite long and bleedings were so severe I had to have blood transfusion. Im not writing to scare you, oh no, everyone is different anyway!!! It is just my experience, I really dont understand why some women just CHOOSE to have C section!!!!!!
Al.

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 8:15pm

There is a doctor at my hospital that tries to talk women Into having C sections, I was so glad I didn't get him! I don't like the idea of having one if u don't need to and the doctor trying to talk u into, surely that cost the NHS more money :-S and they are trying to cut back.... Mad doc if u ask me!

I get to hear my babies heartbeat in three weeks I can't wait cos they didn't let me listen on my scan :( I want to buy a dopler... Are they any good and which is the best? Cos I've seen one in boots but u have to be quite far gone to use it but have seen some on eBay that can be used from I think it said 16 weeks! I just think it would be nice for me n my DH to be able to listen when we want and let my children listen too as they won't be at the app due to school! Xx
Mary bigkiss

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 23rd 2010

Children: Crazy Jake!

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 9:01pm

Hi Girls, new and old!
Haven't had much chance recently to be posting, am still working hard. However I check in every day and have a read and tonight I have to post on the subject of Caesarian Sections.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I hope you don't mind if I voice mine. I'm not wanting to offend, I just have a fair amount of objective experience that has helped me to make up my mind.
C-sections are not as uncommon as people think. In fact the incidence in some countries is 1:2. In the UK it currently stands at around 1 in 4. Around a quarter of these are Elective Sections where the mother makes an informed decision to have a Caesarian Section rather than a normal vaginal delivery.
I know several women, into double figures, who hand on their heart wish they had chosen to have an elective section instead of going au natural, and who, if they are ever blessed with another chance, have already made the decision to have a section at 38 weeks.
Their reasons? 2 ladies had babies at term, with prolonged labours, failure to progress and their babies were born severely brain damaged. Several more decided that "babies come when ready" 4 of these ladies lost their babies to a condition called meconium aspiration. 6 ladies had to have "crash sections" meaning a critical situation with their baby in distress. They and their babies were then subjected to emergency general anaesthetics, which are harsh, and their babies required intensive care and life support to recover.
Also, with advancements in fetal monitoring, low lying placentas very rarely require C sections anymore. Only the true low lyers, ie those that spot and bleed from around 16 weeks, or are attached to the cervix, will warrant surgical intervention.
Given this information, and I don't care if I get labelled "too posh to push", please forgive me, but I am opting for an elective Caesarian Section at 38 weeks. Currently my baby is measuring extremely large, 3-4 weeks ahead of dates already. I have a maternal history of 4 births ending in crash sections. There is no way on this planet that I am going to attempt to deliver my baby naturally. I know that the odds are that I will sail through with no problems, but this baby is a miracle since we were given a less than 5% chance of ICSI working.
I'm not willing to risk it.
The risks associated with a section in my opinion are much much lower than a delivery after term, or a prolonged labour. Also the cost of a section is much less than weeks of Neonatal Intensive Care, both financially and emotionally. I spend every day on them around the country and believe me, it is not a place you want to be.

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

DF - 37, multiple [zx151] problems

TTC - 5yrs,

ICSI Nov 2010 abandoned, poor response

ICSI Feb 2011 - :BFP: woohoo

11/10/11 bab22 born at 36w with extreme cardiac failure & hydrops
"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 9:43pm

Loving the C sec Versus Vaginal delivery posts.

I to am going or a C section if I am givien the choice.
I did lose 12 units of blood & I am lucky to still have my life after my last labour. I also had 2 ops where I have a C sec scar. One for ectopic (moons ago before they went through the belly button & for a suspected ectopic & removal of cyst). I know it wont happen, but I get scared that my scar will burst open.
If I am not given a choice then I shall no doubt be going into labour freaking out with nerves.
My boys were natural labours with NO pain relief t all & they were long & hard. I am also a weirdo & take hours & hours to go to 3 cm then in a mere moment I am at 10cm. During all this on both labours the midwifes tried to send me home & refused me pain relief as they said it was too early. With my Eldest son the doctor sent me home saying it was Braxton Hicks. I got to hospital 7 minutes before he was born & he was 10 weeks early.
It is as Sultry put so well, a personal choice. Unless the descision is out of my hands I will ask for a C sec.

Anna, great name & dont worry you have every chance the placenta will move away (They very often do) & you will be able to have a natural birth if you so wish.

Hope everyone else is well.
xxxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Jun 1st 2011, 9:44pm)

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 10:06pm

Hi Ladies!

Anna - beautiful name!! Love Molly - it's on our list too. knowing the name will help you to bond too - and yes I am up for another meet - whenever! I'll be there :) My placenta was also low (anterior) at my scan a couple of weeks ago but I have my anomoly scan tomorrow so I will se if it has moved or not.

Mary - I have a sololine doppler which I got off ebay and it is very good. Have heard the heartbeat every day since about 9 and a half weeks.

Hunniballoo - th ering test can be done with any gold ring but I have been reliably informed by the oracle also known as my mum, that a wedding ring works best!! LOL

Hugs to everyone else :)

I have been in agony today - I put my back out. I am not sure how I did it. It has been so bad that I even took a paracetamol earlier (just one). Dh made me a seat with a big wooden slope to lean against which helped. If it's still bad I will go to the drs in the morning. I hope it is just muscular and nothing else. It feels muscular rather than spinal. Good job it's half term.

My diary

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 10:10pm

Hi Emma

I like your comment! Mine sounds all mixed up, what I was trying to saying is I don't agree with the doctor forcing women to have them cos thats what he wants for them, I just find it odd! I actually asked on my last child 8 years ago if I could have a section and to be sterilised at the same time (cos I was being forced to) but she wouldn't let me cos she said it doesn't work cos ur tubes are swollen so I was like ok then and had to go back 8 wks after birth! But about 4 years later my sister had her second section and got sterilised at the same time so that confused me! I would have section if I knew I had the support for the after care but my partner can only have two weeks off an he works nights all the time so I'd be on my own alot and don't fancy that, I suffer from a collapsed muscle in my stomach and have to have 10 injections in the area every 4 months but not allowed them at the moment so that's scaring me that it's going to get painful the bigger I get, I need to speak to my consultant about this I think! I was thinking about a home birth but with my local hospital closing the maternity unit down this month this made me rethink the idea cos now we have to travel more if anything went wrong! I delivered my three natural 1st was long and hard and we lost the heart beat for a while and they had to put a clip on her head, 2nd was a little long (8hrs) then my third was 1hr 40min! But I get really bad low iron when I'm pregnant and my BP gets very low too! So with all these I don't know what's best for me!
I hope u don't think I was saying people are too pose to push cos I wasn't Hun I was meaning the doc is mad for making people have them that's what I find wrong xx
Mary bigkiss

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 10:13pm

Hi daisy

Thank you I will look into it :) I'm also in pain with my back but mine is cos I've been at work since 7:30am-10pm as a Carer so it pulls on my back :( xx
Mary bigkiss

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 10:20pm

Sultry,

Just popping in to say I agree with everything you said and all your reasons, after everything it has taken to get this far, i just want LO out in as safe as way as possible, I am perfectly happy to deal with the recovery. I have spoken to my consultant already about a CZ at my 16 week scan, he understood my reasons, asked me to go away and speak to my GP and midwife which i have done, then if i still want to go ahead he will refer me to an NHS Psychatrist in order to get it agreed, does anyone else have to do this to get an elective? i have next appointmnet next week so will know more then.

thanks for all the stats though, i will take them with me

hope everyone else is well

xxx
Anna

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "anna14" (Jun 1st 2011, 10:23pm)

Stace

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:35pm

Oooh busy busy in here today!!

I have given the chinese chart a go and it says girl, although i'm sure I did one or two before and they said boy. Hmmmmmm! I'm living in sin as I am not married but will have to find a gold ring from somewhere and see what that says too, you never know. Might get my friend involved as she is due in 4 weeks and is another speculator like me!

I really was thinking I am having a boy but at my 20 week scan something in me said no its a girl......can't tell you what though!! Maybe the lack on dangly bits :snigger: But then again, at one point I asked if what I saw was baby's tongue and she replied 'errr, no its a heart' LOL!! I will continue speculating!! Good to know i'm not alone AG, I too never unwrap my pressies before Xmas :happy: Do you have any inklings?

Al.ex - where are all these unisex clothes?? I have been searching the internet and although I have found some, most are all white!! Could get a bit boring really!!

Anna, James and Molly......what a lovely sounding little family! Well done on deciding so quickly and efficiently! We can't even seem to agree on one name that we both like........poor kid! I'm sure you have nothing to worry about in regards to your low lying placenta, from what I hear most move with the growth of your uterus so they do they scan as a precaution. Another worry you could probably do without though eh girl!

I like the talk about CS vs VD......i'm game on for pushing this (hopefully smallish) mite out!! I know I had IVF but I keep thinking that I am being treated as a normal pregnancy and have had a normal pregnancy so far that will hopefully continue to be normal throughout. I really would like to do things as nature intended and call me weird but I really can't wait to experience the whole labour thing, but if required I would not be against having a CS. Emma, it sounds like your friends have been very unfortunate (sorry if this sounds horrible) with their deliveries......I have never known such a number of disastrous situations like this happen particularly in a friendship group. I'm not surprised at how you feel. I have three friends who have had scheduled CS's (all for medical reasons) and both have had hard recovery periods and have said they would much prefer the other option. One even had her bladder 'nicked' during surgery which made her recovery even longer. The remainder of my friends have all been lucky enough to experience natural births without intervention albeit it with long labours and a bit of patchwork required but hey its not called labour for no reason! I really REALLY want to do it without intervention.....although I will say 'BRING ON THE DRUGS' if needs be :snigger:

Daisy, good luck at the GP.....I hope he/she gives you some explanation for your back pain. Whatever it is take it easy! And you too Mary, that was one hell of a long shift you did there!!

Right i'm off to devour some more cake before bedtime, catch up tomorrow ladies xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

Stace

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:37pm

P.S - I would love to tag along to your next meet if thats ok x

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests