You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 9:44pm

Hiya ladies

thought it was time to come over here. i've been in the first tri chatter but i'm 14 weeks tomorrow (even though my signiture says not until tues!). its funny because i don't feel like i should be 2nd trimester yet as i still feel sick all the time and to be honest its only just starting to sink in that i'm pregnant...lol. feeling very blessed to get to this stage though and i thank god everyday for having our little miracle who is named Buba at the moment!

re the scans - it might have been me that mentioned the extra scans in the 1st tri chatter. i went for my dating scan on thursday and was told they have brought in a new policy that IVF pregnancies get a 20, 28, 36 and 40 week scan to check the size of the baby. it must be a very new thing though as so far i'm the only person i know who's been told this. we are also wanting a 3D/4D scan too later in the pregnancy, they are amazing!! also i've been thinking of having a 17 week gender scan so i can start my shopping and get prepared. so think i'm getting a bit of a scan addiction as i've had 4 already..lol.

brave girl - i live in wakefield too. i chose st james hosp in leeds as my hospital. i had a choice of that or LGI or pontefract. Did u have the same options?

looking forward to getting to know u ladies and sharing this amazing journey.

hope u've all had a good weekend.
x x x x x x

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, January 17th 2011, 11:01am

Hi BooBoo (and Buba)! Nice to see you in the 2nd trimester. You're still sick? Ewww…I hope it wears off soon. Yes, come to think of it, I think it was one of your posts where I read about the scans. I had 4 scans before 13 weeks too, so I think it sounds completely reasonable!

Shelley - I was thinking about a 4D at about 30 weeks too…which feels really far away at the moment.

Emz - My DH started thinking of names on the day of ET! He's got his heart set on using his nan or grandad's name as a middle name. I want to wait until baby arrives to see what suits, so we've got a compromise

AFM - I discovered the joys of calf cramps last night while asleep, twice. THAT was a bit of a shock, it came right out of nowhere. I've been feeling LO move for a couple of weeks now but it must be only the occasional movement I can feel, because when DH saw wriggles on the 20 week scan, I wasn't able to feel everything he was seeing. Its an awesome feeling when it does happen though :)
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, January 17th 2011, 1:14pm

hi booboo

nice to see another wakey person on here. I have chosen Pinderfields to have my baby and am under Dr Raj consultant there, she is lovely.

There is an issue though in that the delievery suite is not built yet and was meant to open this month! Am hoping it will be sorted by April or else I have been told Pontefract which is miles away or Dewsbury, which I dont want. I was not offered Leeds at all which I am now peeved about. I think I would prefer Leeds St James so am going to ask my midwife about it next time I see her IF Pinders is not open by April.

I am having scans at 28 (had), 32 and 36 growth scans too. Different weeks to you strangely but I guess you are under Leeds PCT not Wakefield.

emz - why does DH not want a 4D scan? for names we have a shortlist of about 5 and will choose when BB gets here.

I cannot believe that on Wednesday I will be in third trimester chat! Although according to everything else I read, I am already there!!
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Monday, January 17th 2011, 2:54pm

hiya girls

just sneaking on while i'm at work (u'll come to notice i do that quite alot!). i still feel abit pukey today. had mash potatoe for my lunch...nice and bland and non offensive to my sense of smell. i do hope my sickness wears off soon.

chillimint - glad i'm not the only one with 4 scans by 13 weeks then :thumbsup: the first was due to a bit of spotting i had at 6 weeks then i had one at 8 weeks so the IVF clinic could sign me off. then i had my 12 week one booked private cos i couldn't wait the extra week the NHS was making me wait for the dating scan!! How far are u hun (i can't see a ticker)? so are leg cramps something else i have to look forward to...lol

BG - hiya. yeah we must be in different PCT then. i live in lofthouse so its very near Leeds and my GP surgery is Rothwell (Leeds) so thats possibly why i was offered the Leeds hospitals. i was born in st james too so it'll be nice Buba will also be born there. xfingers xfingers Pinders gets finished for you then hun. i heard it supposed to be looking nice up there with the new buliding works.

When did you peeps start thinking about decoarting the nursary and buying things?? i think me and dh are going to mama's and papa's this weekend for a little look but don't know if its too early to start buying the big stuff..... but then i can't wait to start the nursary!! : D

i've just booked another private scan today too.... its in just over 2 weeks for a gender scan to see if we can see what little Buba is. apparently its 90% accurate over 16 weeks and i'm impatiant and wanna buy blue or pink paint for that nursary :happy:

i love talking names too....... me and dh have had a girls name sinse we met!! then for a boy i'm going to use my Grandad's name as a middle name too.

anyway, enough yamblings from me already......... x x x x

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, January 17th 2011, 3:46pm

Booboo - I'm 20 weeks. No, no ticker. I'm still rather cautious and have got this irrational thought that if I get a ticker than I'll jinx it. I know, I know, stuuuupid, but I just can't help it! :O

My scans were made up as follows:
7 weeks - IVF clinic to check how many had implanted (just the one!)
10 weeks - private scan because I just HAD to see LO again
12 weeks - NHS dating scan (I didn't tell them about the 10 week private scan, I think they might have said that I didn't need the NHS 12 week scan)
13 weeks - Nuchal scans and bloods - not offered by NHS in our area, only the 2nd trimester bloods, so had to go private again.

I joke with DH and tell him that I'm going to send him out shopping to the big retail park opposite the hospital, between visiting hours at the hospital once LO has arrived. In reality, we'll probably start browsing next month and buying the one after.

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Monday, January 17th 2011, 5:57pm

Hi ladies,

Nice to see the thread getting busy again...

Welcome BooBoo and congrats on being in the 2nd tri - I hope your sickness eases up soon. I remember first entering 2nd tri and wondering when if ever the sickness would pass....I think I got to about 17/18 weeks before it finally began to settle. I kept hearing about this burst of energy I was supposed to be getting and wondered if I would ever get to that point!

Emz - well done for getting the nursery sorted - I can imagine my DH and I will be the same ie. always going in just to have a look when ours is done too!

Chilli - sorry you're getting leg cramps and hope they don't last too long. I'm struggling with sleep lately - mainly because I just can't get conmfortable. Any tips ladies? I tried the dreamgenie pillow but couldn't get used to it and then a normal pillow but now doing without. I'm not a side sleeper usually (I love sleeping on my front but thats out of the question now!) so I'm struggling to get comfy because by hips and back end up aching.

BG - wow! Not long for you now hun and you'll be meeting your little Bravebaby! Has it sunk in yet? Don't think it will for me until I hold our LO in my arms.

Re buying stuff - I've been doing my research and think I've picked out all the main things but I'm waiting for my next scan before we start buying. DH felt it was too soon to start buying now but I think its a personal decision for couples when they feel ready. I've booked a day off work the week after out 28 week scan so DH and I can take a trip to mamas and papas to look at the stuff I've chosen before we order it. Most stuff will take approx 2 weeks to arrive so by about 30 weeks - that gives us 10 weeks to get the baby's room organised which I'm happy with. We are keeping the sex a surprise so will go with neutral colours (which is just my style anyway) but will add a dash of colour to brighten things up. Think we're going with white furniture, cream walls and some lovely pastel accent colours...ooooh getting excited just thinking about it!

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Monday, January 17th 2011, 9:42pm

Hello everyone! Welcome to the 2nd tri BooBoo! Sorry you're still feeling sick. That's awful!

Haven't been on here much as work has been mental but hopefully, it won't continue like that!

Wow. Gender scan at 16 weeks! That means I could find out now! I've wavered a bit about whether or not to find out but if they can see at my 20 week scan (at 21 weeks!), then I think I'd like to know. My sis said it was nice to be able to stop calling it 'it'.

Weirdly, I don't feel like doing the nursery or buying stuff right now. A friend has offered me a voucher code for the baby show but, contrary to how I'd normally be, I'm feeling like I just want to relax, enjoy being pregnant and get things as I go along. Think I'm rebelling against the mental control-freakery of IVF (thinking every minute about the next blood test, scan, injection etc) and just wanting to chill a bit. Mum's knitting and my sis has donated her travel cot so we're getting started but just slowly.

Still using the doppler every now and again and it's lovely to hear that heartbeat - just hope the little one doesn't mind the ultrasound waves I'm passing his/her way every few days!

Ok, time to chill and relax for the rest of the evening. Night!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Tuesday, January 18th 2011, 1:30pm

Thats lovely Harry, am really pleased all is going well and not long now till your 20wk scan :) I'll also be 21wks at my scan and we are hoping to be able to find out what we are having x

Will you be getting a 4d scan?

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, January 18th 2011, 1:48pm

hello all

I cannot believe this is my last day on the second trimester chat! I will be moving tomorrow and cant wait for you all to move across to third too.

I did not start buying things until Christmas when I was 25 weeks. I thought I would at 20 weeks but did not dare to although I accepted some gifts from other people. We still have bought next to nothing so need to get started really. I have a lost prepared of all the things I need. I will post it in a moment as I need to cut and paste it and others might find it handy.

I had scan at 16 weeks and they told us it was a boy then, amazingly they actually told us at 12 weeks it was a boy at our private scan and it was confirmed at 20 weeks.

I dont think it will sink in ever, even when BB is kicking I cannot relate that feeling in my mind to an acutal baby but I LOVE feeling him move and jig, its the best feeling in the world.

chilli - if you are in Rothwell then thats Leeds PCT. I used to work there and have friends who live there now, we were in Salute on new year's eve!
My Diary

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, January 18th 2011, 1:49pm

Checklist of hospital bag things

Hospital Bag

Items for Labour

Antenatal notes
Birth plan if you have made one
TENS machine if you are using one
Nightdress or large T-shirt for delivery
Thick socks
Snacks and drinks
Magazines and books
Dressing gown and slippers
Camera
Lip balm and facial spray
Wash bag and hairbrush/bands
I-pod

Items for the Ward
Two or three nightdresses or pyjamas – front opening for feeding
Three nursing bras
Breast pads
Nipple cream
Disposable or cheap underpants
At least twenty-four maternity pads
Two towels
Tissues
Make-up bag
Arnica tablets/cream
Anti-bacterial wipes
Phonecard or change for the phone
Contacts list
Clothes for going home (maternity wear)
Camera

Items for Your Baby
Newborn nappies
Three vests
Three sleepsuits
Muslin squares
Shawl or blanket
Clothes for going home
Warm jacket or all-in-one if cold weather
Swaddling blanket
Cuddly toy
My Diary

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, January 18th 2011, 1:51pm

Checklist of baby buys

Baby Clothes
8 short-sleeved vests (bodysuits) with poppers between the legs
8 sleepsuits (babygrows)
2-3 cardigans
1 all-in-one or warm jacket for going outside in winter
At least 2 hats
At least 2 pairs of bootees or socks
2 pairs Mittens
4 Bibs
1 Pram suit
1 sun hat
Swaddling blanket

Breast Feeding
Plenty of breast pads
At least 2 nursing bras
Nipple cream
Breast pump, hand or electric
Freezer bags for freezing breast milk
2 x 100ml (4fl oz) bottles
Size 1 newborn teats
Bottle steriliser
Lots of muslins
Breast pads
2 Nursing nightwear

Bottle Feeding
2 x 100ml (4fl oz) bottles with teats
6 x 200ml (8fl oz) bottles with teats
Plastic jug for warming bottles
Tin or formula suitable for newborns
Bottle brush

Changing
Changing mat
Cotton wool balls
28 Newborn nappies
Barrier cream for baby’s bottom
Baby wipes (use from 2 weeks onwards)
Nappy bin or nappy wrapper

Medical Supplies
Baby thermometer
Baby calpol
Rubbing alcohol (umbilical care)
Medicine spoon
2-4 dummies
Teething gel
Nasal Aspirator

Safety
Room thermometer
Baby monitor
Night light
CD player

Bathing
2 bath towels or baby towels with hoods
2 hand towels
2 baby sponges
2 soft flannels
Baby soap
Baby powder
Cotton wool
Moisturizing cream or lotion
Baby oil
Baby shampoo
A soft hairbrush
Baby nail scissors with rounded tips
Bath thermometer
Waterproof bathing apron
Baby bath

Bedtime
Moses basket and mattress
Moses basket stand
Drop-side cot and mattress
Bedding for the Moses basket: at least 4 fitted sheets, 4 cellular cotton blankets and 4 flat sheets
Bedding for the drop-side cot: 4 fitted sheets, 4 flat sheets, 4 large blankets
Twelve to twenty-four muslin squares
Two shawls for swaddling
CD player
Night light

Travel
Car seat
Pushchair
Parasol
Raincover
Baby sling
Changing bag
Car seat mirror

General
Baby bouncer
Baby gym mat
Books
Music
Soft baby toys
Mobile for cot
Activity arch for car seat/pushchair
My Diary

Tuesday, January 18th 2011, 2:02pm

Hiya ladies

thanks for all the lovely welcomes.

BG - ooooh last day as a 2nd tri gal..how exciting your in the last third of it as from tomorrrow. i thought rothwell might be leeds PCT, even though my house is in wf3....its all very confusing living on the borders!! i know salute.... its one of my fave local restraunts. :yumyum: good look in 2nd tri anyway hun and have fun purchasing all you baby goodies :thumbsup: and that list is great.... think i'll print it off for when i need to think about it.

harry - sounds like your very chilled at the moment. thats what we should be doing though, enjoying our pregnancies.

kayjay - maybe i'll be like you then and have my sickness a bit longer. i just can't wait to enjoy food again. your nursery idea's sound nice, i like the white furniture too.

i was thinking of helping dh finish some glossing we need doing in the house over the weekend. was just wondering if this is safe though with the fumes ?o( obviously i'd have windows open and let dh do the high bits. i hate the thought of letting him loose on his own though cos he's messy so i need to be his foreman... :snigger: i might do a bit of googling [zx074] to see if its safe and get a little mask.

x x x x x x

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, January 18th 2011, 2:06pm

boo boo, if you want to PM me your e-mail address I can send you the list, its on word.

I got a lot of it from here, its needs your e-mail addy but its free website.

baby checklist
My Diary

Tuesday, January 18th 2011, 2:13pm

thanks BG :thumbsup:

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, January 18th 2011, 2:23pm

Hey Harry, good to hear you're doing OK and enjoying things. Time does go quickly when you're busy.

KayJay - Us too, we're not finding out the sex either.

Oh my BG! That's a big list! And one that's going to come in very handy, thanks so much. Have you seen Bells sticky thread in the 3rd tri called Hospital Bag List too? Here's hoping for a smooth and happy 3rd tri for you and BB :)

BooBoo - could you go in before DH and mask EVERYTHING up before he starts - no paint fumes for you and a clean and tidy finish! Win win! :snigger:

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 1:35pm

hello huns.

well i still feel a bit ukky. not as bad as at the weekend though. i just can't wait to start enjoying my food again. at the moment i'm eating just cos i have to or i'll feel sick. i don't enjoy anything.

well as for that glossing i was on about that needs doing.... i googled it and its not very good to decorate using oil based paints (as gloss is) cos of the methyl spirit in it. so looks like dh will have to do it himself. i bet he makes a right mess and i'll need a new carpet afterwards...lol

so when does this glow we're supposed to get in the 2nd trimester arrive? cos i just arn't feeling it yet.......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 2:42pm

so when does this glow we're supposed to get in the 2nd trimester arrive? cos i just arn't feeling it yet.......

Er me neither :sadface: I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and just feel really spotty. Not an attractice look for a 35 year old! Must be a boy cos didn't have this with my girls and will definitely be finding out if I can at next scan.

Booboo, if you're desperate to do it you can buy a face mask from B and Q for a few quid but I'd just let DH get on with it lol.

BG, that is a HUUUUGGGEEEEE list! You will be very well prepared of you get all of that.

Chillimint, where in Lancs are you? We got the Nuchal on NHS but not sure if it's cos I am over 35 or just policy for everyone. I'm having baby at st. Marys in Manchester.

:hello: to everyone else. Hope you're all doin ok x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 3:52pm

Phillipa - my skin hasn't been looking great either lately! Just when we thought the days of spots were over for us and pregnancy acne hits! I'm curious to know if you're carrying a boy now you've said that....another preggers girly with spot issues is having a boy and reckons I'm having the same because of my skin complaints. He he I know I want the sex to be a surprise but still fun guessing! x

Bug79

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Children: 2 DS born 2004 and 2011

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 6:26pm

Hi there

Everyone seems to be happily plodding along at the moment : D

With regards to spotty skin i still get this every 28 days or so just when i would of been getting my period.
Well i'm beginning to be sure that we are having a boy. My bump is the same shape as last time and just gut instint i guess.
I'm not going to be buying many baby clothes before hand partly due to not knowing the sex for sure and also i think we will probably be bought so much or will receive vouchers that we will be able to use anyway. With my 6 year old i went to the Next Christmas sale and bought tons and tons of clothes (i knew the sex that time) and half i never even used.

Congratulations BG on hitting the 3rd tri mark. See you in a few weeks.

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 8:54pm

Phillipa - I'm not in Lancs, I'm in North East Wales.I put my location as North West UK coz I'm right on the England / Wales border. I come under a North Wales PCT and they'll do Nuchal scan for people over 40...and I'm 35.

I got some back energy round about the 17 week mark, but it's not constant. I suppose a bit like the 1st symptoms, it seems to fluctuate. Some days I can do loads. Others are rubbish though, and I have to drag myself out of bed. I have just started taking iron tablets though, as my iron levels were borderline on a recent blood test. I'm not sure whether this had made any difference to my energy levels.

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Thursday, January 20th 2011, 8:34pm

Hello! How is everyone?! Tired by the sounds of it!

Hmm, no spotty skin so wonder if it's a girl?

Been for my 16 week appointment today - normally it's meant to be with a midwife but I've been put on the consultant-led route which is a shame but my fault for being such a raggy doll! ;) The clinic was running over an hour late and I finally got out 1 hour and 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time! Still, was home before I normally would be from work so that's a plus! They found some white blood cells in my urine (possibly an infection, possibly the fact I have horrid thrush at the mo - sorry tmi!), heard baby's heartbeat, took bloods for kidney function (a kidney issue in the past which they say should be fine) etc. But then she talked about the fact I'd had a back operation last year and that it might be wiser to plan a c-section!!! Agghhh - not at all what I want! 6 weeks recovery isn't it? Reliant on other people to help out etc. Ughh - no. I'm far too independent for that! Luckily have just emailed the lovely neurosurgeon who did my surgery and he's emailed straight back saying no reason for a c-section, no reason not to have an epidural, all just fine. Yayy!!! Such a relief! I'd sort of been thinking that a home birth might be nice - we only live 10 minutes from the hospital and I like the idea of being relaxed at home with the TV or some good music. Will see, don't have to decide yet but thank goodness my plan hasn't stumbled at the first hurdle!

Next steps, scan at 21 weeks (definitely going to find out the sex if we can!), consultant appointment at 24 weeks, anaesthetist appointment at 25 weeks (the back again - just in case I end up needing an epidural or something to make sure they know where to avoid!). So, it's maybe the next 4.5 weeks or so of quiet and then it feels like it starts to gear up again! By which time, I might just have got my a**e in gear and thought about things we need to buy/do/sort. Well, maybe. ;)

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Friday, January 21st 2011, 11:54am

Hello ladies :wave:
hope your all good.

harry - thats a long wait u had there for your apt. Glad its all ok now and you can have your planned birth you want. i always thought it'd be great to have to have a C-section and miss out the painful bit of labour, but then you realise how much harder it would be afterwards. 6 weeks of not been able to do much and have to rely on other people does sounds grim..... so i'm hoping to push now myself after always thinking C-sections were easier. a home birth sounds nice if u live so close to the hosp..... might be worth u considering that hun. i think its good you have a relaxed approach anyway, there's no need to rush about yet. you have another 24 weeks to get baby things in order :thumbsup:

chillimint - oh they say if u have iron tablets then u'll get a baby with hair!...maybe another one of those old wives tale though.

bug- i thought the same about buying baby clothes. i'm excited to go buy but i'm sure we'll get so many when the baby is born they probably won't get through them all. you can never have ebough babygro's though.....so i'm told!!

Hiya to everyone else too :hi:

well AFM - i'm completely bored out of my mind!!!! i work in a lab but when i got preg had to be put on paper work due to all the chemicals etc.... and the days go soooo slow!! its worth it though to get a healthy LO but just wish the days didn't drag so much! Glad its the weekend. My sickness has been controllable this week, think i'm just used to it now though.

well this time in 2 weeks i'll know the gender of little Buba :D I'm so excited. but in another way i keep thinking 'am i doing the right thing, cos once i know...suprise over'. i doubt i'd be patiant enough to wait until its arriving though.... think i'm going shopping sunday too and looking at baby things. we probably won't buy much yet but i might get a few bits and bobs to get me excited.

have a good relaxing weekend everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Friday, January 21st 2011, 12:51pm

Hello everyone.

Hope you are all doing well.

BooBoo - not long to go until you find out the sex :) I was the same as you around c-sections, but don't want to have to depend on others so natural here we come .....

Harry - we cycled together doing IUI earlier this year, so nice we are both here now. Glad you still have all the options around the birth.

Chillimint - my energy levels have not recovered much at all. Still seem tired all the time, midwife has checked my iron levels and all fine. Not put on huge amounts of weight so maybe it's something to do with that?

The discussion on spots is interesting - we don't know what we are having but I've had a few spots and have a nice compact bump so maybe it's a boy? Have been told I look blooming (which is nice) - part of that I reckon is how happy I am at the moment. Just had lunch and been watching baby move around - could spend all day watching my tummy move.

Our local birthing centre is going to be closed when our LO is due, so we have over a 30min drive in 2 different directions. Given the shortage in midwifes in our area, am going to try and keep an open mind as it may depend how busy they are when I go into labour.

Have started on nursery, DH will be painting this weekend. Furniture and bedding will be delivered next month and am very excited about that. We have bought most of what we need so feeling quite organised. Keep going into the spare room to look at the stuff - although part of me can't quite believe it.

Well have a nice day everyone and chat soon.
xx

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, January 22nd 2011, 8:12am

Hello everyone :hi:

I'm very pleased to say I can now join the 2nd trimester thread :weehee:

I had a scan yesterday and all is well and my due date is 24 July. I have had a brief read through of your posts but will read them properly so I can get to know you all and then I will do personals. For now I just wanted to say hi. I won't waffle on about my ttc story but if you want to have a nosy just click on my diary.

Looking forward to get to know you all over the next few months.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Nov 30th 2009

Children: twin boys

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 10:55pm

So they arrived rather early.....

I would like to announce the birth of my beautiful boys. I had Oscar 2.2lb and Zack 2.5lb on Monday 17th January. They are very tiny but totally perfect.

Things are tough as I have been discharged but my boys are still in the NICU unit at the hospital, they are doing really well, a few problems linked to thier premeturity but I have been assured that they will be fine it will just take a little time and I should be able to come home with me around when my due date would have been.

From Lolashell xxxx
TTC for no 1 for 3 years
ICSI Dec '09 - 1 egg collected - did not fertilise.
ICSI no 2 July '10 - BFP! Oscar 2.2lb and Zack 2.9lb born 17.1.11 - 12 weeks early, tiny but perfect xxx

United Kingdom

Monday, January 24th 2011, 10:18am

Congratulations Lola! Really pleased for you xxxx Wishing lots of good health and cuddles to both Oscar and Zack xxxx

By the way.... when was your due date supposed to be? xx

Take care

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Monday, January 24th 2011, 10:41am

Hello Everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on much but we've just been away visiting my brother in Dubai. It was a fantastic break but have to admit there's nothing like an 8 hour flight with toddler and 6 month preggers belly to knacker you out!
Glad to see everyone is moving along nicely and lots of chatter. I have had a quick read through of all the threads but sorry not to respond to all!
Chilli - I had hideous leg cramps with DS and am starting to get twinges now, I know it's probably not the case in reality but if it's of any comfort I remember leg cramps as significantly more painful than labour!!
What to pack - add straws to the list, you get really dry throat/lips but for some reason drinking from a cup is tricky - was DH's main job, holding my water and putting the straw in my mouth between contractions. Also take a few extra vests/sleepsuits as merconium is grim and splurts everywhere, take some old/cheap ones as easiest just to chuck them to begin with, the merconium never really came out of ours, then when they have cleared all that you can put them in the nice ones for visitors.
Iron - definitely seems to relate to energy and although iron tablets are hideous for the digestive system I definitely reckon if you're borderline you notice the change.
Lolashell - massive congratulations and glad to hear your teeny ones are doing well.
AFM - nothing to report, can't believe I'm almost 3rd trimester. Thomas is beginning to work out what the belly is (sort of) and if I ask him what's in there he says "Jay" (we're calling the baby James), which is very cute. I don't think he has a clue that "Jay" will be coming out as a real baby but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Caz xx
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, January 24th 2011, 11:52am

Lolashell - congrats on your early arrivals! I hope they continue to get stronger and stronger.

Caz - the iron tablets are certainly having an effect on my digestive system. TMI coming up - most of the time it slows it down, but occasionally it speeds it up. It not predictable or pleasant but I do feel like I've got some of my mojo back now :)

BooBoo - good to her your sickness is easing, you suffered with it haven't you?

Hi Hoping! Nice to see you here.

Nikki - I hope you had a productive weekend doing the nursery.

Heh! A hairy baby! That's one that I've not heard before...it made me giggle. All the old wives stuff seems to be boy / girl predictions doesn't it? I had to spend Christmas Day trying to fight off people wanting to dangle a wedding ring on a piece of cotton over my belly.

Harry - I bet it was strange to be talking about delivery at a 16 week appointment. Good to hear that you've got the go ahead from you neurosurgeon.

Righty oh, gotta dash and do some chores ....YAWN!

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Monday, January 24th 2011, 12:57pm

Hello.

Welcome Hoping :hi:

Lolashell - fantastic news about your boys. Must be hard leaving them there, but they are in the best hands and will be home before you know it.

Caz - well done you for travelling with a toddler and being 6 months pregnant. I always thought we would go away before LO comes, but when it came to it - was too scared to fly. Good tips for what to pack - have added to my list :)

Hi Chillimint - that's funny about the wedding ring thing. There's not too many of us on here not knowing the sex of our LO.

AFM - had another midwife appointment this morning and all measuring fine smile2. She couldn't get any blood out of me so had to go to pathology in local hospital. Also my back is starting to really play up - am typing this at work not comfy at all. JHave just been over to our occupational health department and hoping that they can sort out my chair to help. Also used to love lounging on sofa with loads of cushions and even that is not as comfy now - will be sitting on the floor over a ball soon I think.

Well must get on - hello to everyone else not mentioned. Can't believe I will be heading over to 3rd trimester soon!

xx

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Monday, January 24th 2011, 1:31pm

Hello girls, I'm laughing about hairy babies and iron, with my DD I had horrific heartburn and my midwife kept joking I'd have a hairy baby, so out popped DD with a massive shock of thick black hair! There is a really good iron preparation called spatone I took last pregnancy, its basically a small sachet of mineral water with a naturally occuring iron content. Tasteless in a glass of fresh orange to aid absorption it also seemed to have none of the horrible effects that the iron tablets had (chillimint like you I had the same fast / slow problems too!)

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Monday, January 24th 2011, 2:21pm

Hiya hun's
Hope you've all had good weekends.

Hoping - :weehee: Great to see my lovely 1st tri buddy now over here :thumbsup: Is your sickness easing up hun?? xxx

Lola shell - :balloons: CONGRATS :balloons: on your new arrivals hun. Hope they are doing well xxx

Caz - Hope u enjoyed Dubai hun, sounds lush. bet you feel in the need of another hol though after that flight with your LO and baby bump. lol.

nikki - u sound same as me with not been able to get blood out! i hate blood tests and they always have trouble getting it out :S glad your midwife apt went well and everything is on form :thumbsup:

suki - yeah they do say heartburn is also the cause of a baby with hair...lol. my mum had heartburn and iron tablets with both me and my brother and we both came out with lots of hair :happy:

AFM - starting to feel a bit more 2nd trimester now. sickness still in the background but my bump is growing and that makes me feel more preggers :D i have felt a bit narky and emotional the past week. if a song comes on it can make me cry, and i feel easily irritated. i guess its the hormones whizzing around my body thats causing it.

xxxxx

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Monday, January 24th 2011, 3:10pm

Hi Everyone

Lolashell - massive congraulations to you :) I hope your babies will be home soon xx

Never heard of the heartburn and hair thing before. Although extra iron and hair would make sense though I have a very weird picture in my head now of the baby coming out with a big mass of hair like Captain Caveman - i'm not suggesting that anyone's baby would be like that but I can't get it out of my head :D

Sounds like everyone had nice weekends. Boo Hoo am glad you're feeling better, 2nd tri is when you really start to feel pregnant - although for me I still can't quite belive it :)

AFM - I was also away this weekend on our last break before she arrives. It was a lovely weekend - we went to Solvenia - Lake Bled is just stunning!!

Happy bumps all x
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Monday, January 24th 2011, 3:50pm

Hello girls, I'm laughing about hairy babies and iron, with my DD I had horrific heartburn and my midwife kept joking I'd have a hairy baby, so out popped DD with a massive shock of thick black hair!

Me too!! And haven't got it this time so lets see...(I still think we're on for a hairy baby!)

Lola, congratulations all be it earlier than expected. Hoping those boys are home safely with mummy soon

Harry I really wanted a homebirth last time but didn't due to Group Strep B and needing IV antibiotics (and in the end it wouldn't have happened as DD came early!)

Caz, your holiday sounds really nice! Hopefully you feel at least partially revived before no. arrives.

And welcome to Hoping 77, congrats on joining 2nd trimester.

AFM, got midwife this week but thats it. Can feel baby moving which is nice and reassuring and also looking like a beached whale (not so nice!)

Hope everyone else ok x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, January 24th 2011, 4:00pm

Quoted

...I have a very weird picture in my head now of the baby coming out with a big mass of hair like Captain Caveman...

pmsl

Caaaptaaaain CAAAAAAVE - MAAAAAAAN! I used to love that cartoon!

emz

Ace

Reg: Jun 18th 2009

Children: i will be a mummy! xx

Monday, January 24th 2011, 6:27pm

hey ladies

:clap well done Lola i hope your precious boys get home very soon lurve

I have really bad heart burn so i recon we are having a hairy baby too :weehee: cant wait!!

felt a little light headed recently but im told that is normal.

I cant believe im 28 weeks on wednesday, third trimester here we come high5 im so so lucky and i never ever take it for granted.

i love my boy so much already nothing else matters.

:xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:
:dust: please stay little one :sticky: :BFP:
7 week scan sept 3rd- 1 :heart: seen
9 weeks 4 days Sept 20th- 1 perfect baby sucking its thumb
12 week scan (early)
20 week scan Dec 1st - bab22

United Kingdom

Monday, January 24th 2011, 6:53pm

Aww, everyone sounds so happy xx

AFM - The pasterers are doing a fab job and reckon they will be finished tomorrow so we will be able to start putting paint in the walls the weekend :D cant believe the 2 front rooms are finally coming together!!!

Had a really solid stomach last night but am feeling a bit better today, currently got my feet up checking out the different threads on FZ!!!

Take care ladies xxxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Children: a bun in the oven!

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 8:24am

Morning!

room for one more?

xxxx

bab23

IVF Nov 2010, 30 eggs, 20 embryos, 6 snow babies and a BFP!!!

MY DIARY - Mindy and Daddy Cool's pregnancy diary!

Help for Heroes Parachute Jump www.bmycharity.com/v2/stevencurry

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 8:32am

Yay! Welcome Mindy :clap

Hopefully your sickness will start to ease now hun. Saying that I threw up this morning!

I was looking at everyones tickers yesterday and seeing that many of you are 20+ weeks. That feels like ages away for me. I guess this trimester will feel longer because we have joined it from the very start whereas in the first trimester you join it half way through so was only in there for 6 or 7 weeks. Very happy to be here though :thumbsup2:

xx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 8:54am

Hey Hoping, i dont even know how far you are when you go into third trimester lol, its very confusing!

so far, no sickness, but ive wretched a couple of times. i can cope with that though! lol

xxx

bab23

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 9:48am

Hi Mindy and welcome to the Second Tri!

Lets hope the sickness stays away x Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy xxxx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 10:36am

Thanks Shelley

good luck to you too xx

bab23

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 4:51pm

:weehee: Good to see u over here Mindy :thumbsup: How's the sickness today hun? xx

I'm at home today. i went to work this morning and was feeling a bit sick (as usual) and after a bad nights sleep i just wanted to be at home. so i finished some bits then came home on sick leave for the day. i didn't feel great and had nothing to do so there was no point in me suffering at work. i'm stopping at my mum's tonight cos dh has been away on a course this week and i'm lonely. so she's making me a stew and i'm stoppping over.....we'll prob end up having a debate about baby names too while we're at it...lol

good to see everyone is well in here :thumbsup:

xxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 8:37am

morning

Boo Boo i feel better today than i have in a while but we will see, i do not want to speak too soon lol!

glad youve been chilling out.

xxxx

bab23

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 9:11am

Hey Mindy - glad your feeling better hun. sounds like u were really ill [zx127]

Just a little question for everyone.......

Just wondered how normal it is to feel pulling/ aching/ tweaking at 15 weeks. i know we are supposed to feel something with our uterus's expanding and the like, but the past few days i've really been feeling aches. Its like where you'd feel period pains (low down above pubic region) but its not period pains, just aches. I don't know if i should be worried and run to the midwife...... any thoughts??

Thanks huns xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 11:24am

Morning ladies,

I've called in sick this morning as I felt really rough when I got up...didn't sleep well because I had stomach acid in my throat which made me feel yucky, my sinuses were playing up which has given me a headache and I kept getting pins and needles in my hands so all in all a bad night. Went back to bed for a bit and had some brekkie so feeling a bit better....having a chilled day so hopefully I'll feel back to normal soon.

BooBoo - I had lots of achy pains in my pelvic area which I put down to stretching - I would also notice a growth spurt around that time as my belly seemed to get bigger over night. If you are worried call your midwife for a chat but I remember being reassured by my iphone apps which were all saying that it was normal for around that time xx

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 11:39am

Morning all!

BooBoo - Yes, I was getting achy feelings quite low down ever since I got a BFP. They were similar to AF pains, but I was able to notice that they were definitely not AF pains. Sometimes it was worse after being on my feet for a few hours. I couldn't specifically say it felt like a muscular ache as I don't know what those muscles feel like when they're stretched, if you know what I mean. It certainly wouldn't harm to give the midwife a call though.

Hi Mindy welcome to the 2nd tri!

KayJay - sorry you're feeling rough, I hope you get lots of restful chilling out.

A big hello to everyone else too.

There was some chat about belly bars recently...I changed mine this weekend. I trawled the internet looking for one and then found that Argos had one for a fiver. Now I'm out shopping for some Spatone.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 11:47am

Hi all

Sorry not done personals for everyone. Will do soon I promise. I do keep logging on and reading your posts though.

Quick one for Booboo - I have funny twinges and stretches. I find if I get out of bed and sit upright I really pull my stomach and it hurts, like a stitch. To get out of bed now I have to roll on my side and kind of fall sideways off the bed as this way I don't pull my stomach.

Do you know what I was reading too in my pregnancy book? That after 16 weeks you should avoid sleeping on your back as it can put pressure on the uterus, because it's much bigger, and can stop the blood supply. Has anyone else heard this? At the moment I only feel comfy lay on my back with my feet elevated. Has anyone purchased a pregnancy pillow? If so are they comfy to sleep with?

Kayjay - I know what you mean about the growth spurt - mine seems to be getting fuller by the day this week.

What's are belly bars?

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 12:11pm

Hoping - a belly bar is jewellry for a pierced navel. The metal ones haven't got any give in them, so when the belly stretches, they're too small to fit in the piercing. I've heard a similar thing about sleeping on your back...but like you, I do find it comfy. The source I read said that it can make you feel light headed as the bigger uterus can rest on a major artery.

Thinking about it though, do millions of pregnant women ALL avoid sleeping on their back? I really don't know what to think!

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 12:37pm

Hi ladies,

The sleep thing has been really difficult for me as I usually sleep on my front...this is obviously no longer possible so the next best thing would be to sleep on my back but of course now we are being told not to...so I've been sleeping on my side - apparently left side is better due to blood flow to the baby. I do occasionally wake to find myself on my back so have to move onto my side again. It's taken me a while to get used to side sleeping - at first my hips used to ache. My newest sleep issue is carpal tunnel - I wake with numb tingling hands if I'm sleeping on them and have to shake off the pins and needles! I keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end. Plus I keep hearing the lack of sleep will prepare for what's to come when baby arrives!!

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 1:07pm

Ah right, I see Chillimint. I don't have a pierced naval lol. My midwfie asked actually if I had any other piercings, other than my ears.

KayJay - I heard sleeping on your left side was better too. I can lie on my left side but I don't always find it comfortable. I must try and get use to it though.

I guess these restless nights while pregnant are practice for when it's born LOL!

I don't know about anyone else but I have been kipping in the spare bed for the past month or so, purely because I am tossing and turning trying to get comfortable, plus the mattress is firmer, which I now prefer to our memory foam one. I do make a point now though of climbing into bed with DH in the morning on a weekend for a cuddle as I do miss cuddling up to him but we sleep better separately at the moment.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE