You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Friday, May 6th 2011, 6:20pm

hi all

rocky yes i think i will have home birth but hubby still not keen so might just see how we go! if pool free at hospitalill go there if not im staying put!! lol they do have gas and air at home not sure what else but i had my son with no pain relief at all not even gas and air! i did use my tens machine which was great and clary sage aromatherapy oil on a cotton wool ball lol i looked like a strange women but it seemed to work for me!

alie i have the pillow and found lots of advise online so have been doing that and infact i think the ball (exercise ball thing) i have been sitting on as midwife told me to seems to have helped too! i had bit of bleeding at that stage hun and all was fine just think i was doing too much! rest is good

rallygirl ohhhh 4d scan cool bet u cant wait, i have another scan at 34 weeks and 36 and i cant wait either xxx

afm pregnancy hormones getting to me now!! tears and tantrums all round at the moment!!! and hasnt been helped by a little bleeding today??!! im so stressed and dont think that is helping
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 11:31am

Hellp lovely ladies,

Mum82 - that is hard core having no pain relief I reckon I will take anything they will give me but hey I do sell drugs for a living I have to keep the industry going!! LOL

Rocky - Sorry you are getting the back pain, I did have it but its eased off now thank god but I am only 15 weeks I am sure later now the line it will be painful.

Alie - do rest up, work will cope without you, I reckon your body tells you when you need to rest, about the neucal scan, my friends friend had 2 children both that had a risk of 1 in 8 and both were perfect, sometimes all this additional knowledge can make us worry more sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Rally girl - delighted the scan went well, so pleased for you, did you get any ideas about the sex from the scan picture?

Emma - pictures are fab, its so lovely seeing them such a miracle especially for us lot that have struggled.

Hi to everyone else, so many teachers on this thread, it must be such a tough job I am surprised it doesn't put you off children for life!!

AFM - Not much to report really felt as sick as a dog this morning which is weird as I have not really had any sickness, lets hope it doesn't start from here. Just a lazy weekend for me hoping the sun will shine. Bought some maternity clothes which are so comfy from Dottie P's as my trousers were getting so tight.

Anyway thats it for now, have a lovely weekend.

KJ

Reg: Apr 26th 2009

Children: son 11 ICSI daugther 18 months

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 1:06pm

ladies, just a quick one from me- Im havin really tough time, son has got issues with friends, my best friend died of cancer and im still havin this crap on my legs...:( today my friend is coming for a week, so I will catch you in a week hopefully in better mood than recently!!
Al.

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 4:51pm

Hi Ladies,

Al - am so sorry you are having such a hard time,, how awful about your best friend i am so sorry, i hope your leg gets better soon and you start to feel a bit better, take care of yourself hun, sending you hug.

KJ, hope the sickness has gone, did you actually throw up? mine has all gone now, thank god! so with maternity trousers are you just getting your norml size ? do they come with waist band? i tried on all my jeans today and cn only do up comfortably about 3 pairs out of about 20! i am going to have to get some soon i think as well,

Mum 82 - wow - you are hardcore indeed, no pain relief at all - i will want it all i think! when do you decide about the home birth?

Allie, i hope the bleeding has stopped, did you call the MW? hope everything else is ok as well, are you getting the blood tests as well s the nuchal? the odds are so low, xfingers everything i ok for you

Rallygirl - such a shame you couldn't find out the sex, will you get another scan to find out? hope you have a lovely weekend away

Sultry - see - all good with the nuchal resuts - told you we are not over the hill yet! am so pleased for you your LO looks perfect,, so what did the Sonographer guess?

Stace - yeah, we are all having ailments this week aren't we? i hope the lump is ok, i am sure it is nothing to worry about, our boobs are changing so much, it's hard to keep up with them! my nipples are a lot more sensitive to cold and really hurt when get cold, especially the left one weirdly. Glad you liked the link it was funny wasn't it :snigger:

Daisy - good to hear you are a bit less stressed, funny to hear you are worried about your LO's nose - still i bet that link made you feel better :snigger: I work i recruitment - Physios & OT's so with all the NHS cuts it is pretty tough at the moment. Am so with you on the doppler thing, my MW couldn't find it for ages, i really wanted to grab it off her as well!

Claire Rio - so good you made it over here, glad you are feeling well

Taxi - hope you are well, only 2 sleeps till you know if it will be Seth or Amelia, so exciting!

AFM - well, had a nice night last night and a pretty chilled day today, i THINK i felt LO move for the first time last night, and a little bit more today it felt like a fluttery nudge is that what it feels like? it was so lovely :) i really need to buy some new jeans now not sure to just get a size up or to get my size but maternity with the band thing, any advice? no bump yet but waist is bigger so jeans becoming quite uncomfy.

hope you all have lovely Saturdays

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 6:30pm

HI All

Anna - I would get the mat jeans hon. Then you can out them away for a future bubby. You will notice your belly growing extrodinarily fast in the next 4 weeks. Have you sorted a gender scan yet or are you waiting till 20 week one. My hosp wont tell me thats why I have a private one booked.

Al ex - Hope you feel better soon & enjoy your week with your buddy.

KJ - Hope that sickness czalms soon for you. I still have the odd wave. Feeling it right now. :(

Mum82 - Right with yer on the hormones. I get supper emo.

Rocky - I hope you destress soon hon. You poor thing.

Allie - Bless you. That is a lot to contend with Hon. As for the bordewrline Nuchal, try not to worry. I have a 1 in 75 chance & went for a big scan in Londn. The results were great but wont change my risk rate. All it is my lovely is a risk rate. I wish I had stuck to my guns and not had a nuchal blood. The scans are far more telling.

Sultry - Love the pics of Bubaloo. Cant wait to find out what make they are. I might see you up there on cloud 9 on Monday. :)

Stace - I am sure the lump is PG related but get it checked out anyhoo honey please.

I cant see any further back guys. But love to you all.

AFM - :tears: Sad, sad day yesterday when I had to have one of my little dogs put down. He was 9 years old & I have had him since he was 8 weeks. He was my shadow & both DH & I were a mess. I keep finding his hairs still & it breaks my heart. He had a huge lump come up which became infected. He was hiding a lot & looked so unhappy too. We had hoped it could be cut out & was just a cyst or fatty lump but the vet was 99% sure it was the big C. It was horrible. He was a big part of our family & he gave nothing but love & respect to us all. RIP Taylor my little King Charles Cavalier. :sniff:
One of my other dogs is coming up for 11 and she wont last long either. My bet is she will also not see the arrival of BUB. She too has some suspicious liumps but we are too scared to take her to the vets. For now she is eating, drinking & walking so while she is like that we will remain happy. As soon as she starts to show the sligtest sign of distress she will be taken to see them. She is classed as old for her breed. They live to about 12 max so we dont expect to bring her back if we took her. I may have to have her checked over soon but well we will see.
We will then be left with our CHi & another little cavey who is 7 & the older caveys baby.
Yup we had too many dogs but the two we had bred & made the little one & we inherited the chiuauah.

On a happier note though I shall know on MOnday what we have brewing. I am sure that will put a big smile back on our faces!

Have a great weekend guys x

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 7:52pm

Hi ladies,

Taxi - I am so, so SO sorry to hear about Taylor. I have a labrador who will be 5 soon and I understand how you feel. Dogs become your soul mate unlike any other animal - the sense everything about you and are your closest confidents. Take comfort in your other dogs, but remember that Taylor will always be there in the shadows, watching over you. :xxx:

Anna - Oh you are so lucky to be feeling movement! i bet that was absolutely amazing. It's such a shame we can record those sorts of feelings like a photo. Not much longer now and your DH will be able to feel it too!! Funny what you say about your nips - mine KILL in the cold, and my left one is worse too!! Oddly, they go kind of white-ish now when they are erect :winking:

Alex - so sorry things are roungh for you atthe moment, and I am especially sorry to hear about your friend. Take lots of time to grieve and we are here for you if and when you need us. :hugs:

KJ - Yes, LOTS of teachers here!! I think it says something about the job!! I don't get put off, rather want to right some wrongs I have seen, if that makes sense! LOL!! Hope you are enjoying your lazy weekend.

Mum - with you on the tantrums!!! Had a couple myself today. Just put it down to the hormones :)

Rocky - FOOD!! Oh my, how are you managing that with the hormones??? Does anything make you feel ill?? Or starving??!!! I understand about he baking-tray incident too. SMT are bloody infuriating at times - they don't seem to remember what it's like being at the chalk-face full time with gittish children. YEs - ROLL ON END OF TERM!!!!

Alie - aw hun, you are having a tough time at the moment. The bleeding is most likely to you over doing it and you insinct that the doctor would tell you to rest is probably right for a reason! GET SOME REST!!! I wonder if you little one is clingy due to his mummy having another baby? Hey, and if you can't moan here - where can you? Now rest up :hugs:

Rallygirl - oooh how frustrating that bubs wouldn't show you his/her bits!!! Never mind, at least you will have a 3D/4D scan to look forward to. Have you gone anywhere nice this weekend then? Do tell!!!

Sultry - lovely scan pictures!!

AFM - all is OK here. A question though - went to my private consultant today for my last ever apointment with him. He has upped my thyroxine and taken blood to check my thyroid problem as he suspects that is the reason for my fatigue. However, when he scanned me (quickly - no private bits to peek at :( ) the first CRL measurement he came up with was 15w5d (I SHOULD be 16w 5d) so I screeched and he could tell I was worried so he said "hang on baby looks squashed" and re-adjusted the scan thingy and measured again and it came up as 16w6d, so one day ahead. Of course this has freaked me out completely. Hubby does not understand my concerns ONE BIT and keep saying "you can make a long measurement short, but you can't make a short measurement long". I want to book in for a private scan tomorrow with a proper, qualified sonographer, but he thinks I am being utterly ridiculous. What do you think???

:xxx3:

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 9:19pm

Hi girls,

Hope everyone is having a good sat. night?!

Daisy - think your DH is right, you can;t make a short measurement long..but if you're going to be stressing about it, then it's worth getting another scan. Am sure all will be ok though hon.

Taxi - I can relate to your upset re;your faithful pooch. Our border collie/lab lasted 17 years and was a real part of the family. Felt totally heartbroken when she was in so much pain she was put to sleep. I hope you'll be ok soon. xxx

Anna - exciting re;LO moving! I would recommend topshop for mat. jeans. the baxter skinny and leigh black cotton ones are v.comfy.

Al.ex - :cuddle sorry you are going through a hard time. Hope you have a nice time with yhour friend.

KJ - hope your sickness has waned and you're feeling better.

Alie - think you need to put your feet up and give yourself a break.

Rocky - can you phone an oncall mw and tell her about your symptoms so you don't have to wait till nxt week?

Mum - hope you're ok.

Sorry if i've missed anyone any further back.

AFM - had a training day at work on thur. and ended up sat down all day. As a result ended up with terrible trapped wind...of the burping variety...not the other!! [zx199]

Was all trapped under my ribs and ended up not being able to walk!! [zx001]

Horrendous, finally went after an hour and a half but was in total agony!! Lesson learnt, can't sit still all day again!!

Managed to get quite a bit of school work done this afternoon, am trying to get ahead of things i need to do before I finish for mat leave...about 11 weeks away ;(

Enjoy the weekend. xxxxxxxxxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 2:27pm

Thanks Daisy & T:Teacher

Daisy - From one worrier to another, although I am sure all is fine hon, I would book a reasurance scan. You may even get a gender out of it. :) :)
The fact Bub is well, is just perfect but I do understand freaking out as I do it.

T Teacher =- Ooooh the wind is just so ladylike eh! LoL!!!!

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 3:17pm

Hello lovely ladies and hope you are all having great Sundays. We are having lovely weather, so I’ve been having my brunch (had a long lie!) on the decking watching the world go by. Done all my housework and now doing everything possible to avoid doing school work – SO unmotivated just now and wish the next 5-6 weeks would go in as quickly as possible! Had a very sociable weekend, which has been lovely. BBQ on Friday night with lots of friends, 30th birthday lunch yesterday and 40th birthday party last night. Been really nice to just have a day at home today. Caught up on all my housework and garden stuff that needed attention and uploaded some pics to FB, not done any in ages!

You lot chat so much that I can't go back through all the thread!! Hi to everyone and hope you are all well. I'll catch up properly later on.

Daisy – so sorry you’re having these worries about the size of your baby. It can be really hard to get accurate measurements depending how the baby is lying, but for your own peace of mind then I’d probably just book another scan to reassure yourself. I am sure everything is perfect and the sonographer shouldn’t have been shouting out measurements until they were completely sure! Really great that they are keeping such a close eye on your thyroid – wish I could say the same for the lot over here! My thyroid medication went up too as it seems to be more all over the place in pregnancy.

Tinyteacher – the trapped wind sounds sore! I can’t sit for long periods or I get a sore back and sore around into my ribs, find it easier to be on my feet! I’m really need to get myself organised for the end of term, but just keep putting off things to do – it’s terrible and I really just need to face it and get on with it!

Taxi – sorry to hear about your dog – such sad news. My SIL had her dog for 14 years from when she was 17 until she was 34, was a terrible day when he died. On a positive note – bet you are looking forward to finding out what you are having. I’m surprising myself and still pleased we didn’t find out! I thought with everyone else on here knowing I might feel differently. Hope it all goes well and looking forward to hearing what you are having!

Anna – I’d go for the maternity wear now – it is so much more comfortable. I have still be wearing some of my own stuff, but I think that will be the last of it more or less now!! Getting too big and the maternity wear is so much more comfortable. I found it hard to find clothes to fit me – I usually do anyway as I’m quite short. I found Next fantastic, but they only have the jeans and trousers with the low band, so if you get those I’d strongly recommend getting bump bands. I got 2 from Mamas and Papas (one black and one white) and whenever I have on low band trousers I put a band on too just for a little extra support. I live in mine! If you are wearing the higher trousers (H and M) have a lot of those then you won’t need the bands.

Al – sounds like you are having a really tough time lately – hope things improve for you and you have a nice time with your visitors.

Better go and face school work I suppose! Happy Sundays! xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amazing Grace" (May 8th 2011, 3:18pm)

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Monday, May 9th 2011, 8:37am

Hey ya'll, sorry I've been MIA for a while. Life is just so busy that I feel my feet hardly touch the ground.

Scan went well, check out the pic:

Holiday was brilliant, we had the best weather and spent most of the time on the beach and Will LOVED it, so much so that I am struggling to keep him inside and if we can't go out the are tantrums at the back door with him shouting seaside very loudly :snigger:

I am happy to say that I am feeling LO more and more every day now and DH felt it for the first time last night, very reassuring.

Sorry I haven't done personals nbut it has been so long that I don't know where to start, I'll just say hello to you all and hope everything is well

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Monday, May 9th 2011, 12:10pm

Morning lovely ladies.

Wow! So much happening here, hope you dont mind but i'm not going to do personals this morning cos i'll be here all day. I've read all the posts so have caught up with you all. We are a busy lot on here.

I spent the weekend in West Yorkshire (where DH is from) and we had a lovely quiet weekend with friends. We feel a little guilty cos we didn't pop in to see any of DH's family but his mum and step-dad are in the process of getting divorced and it's all turned very ugly. We're just waiting for things to calm down a bit and then it will be much easier to go and see everyone individually. To be fair, it was a last minute decision to go over. Anyway, i think his mum and step dad would agree it's not a very good atmosphere for us to be in right now. We're being very selfish and enjoying our own happy situation and trying not to let family put a dampner on things (as they are prone to doing).

Well, the countdown is well and trully on until the move. 4 weeks today!! I know it'll fly past.

Lovely scan pic Ali. I'm not even going to put mine on from Friday cos LO was such a wee monkey, the pics were rubbish. He/she was lying face down using my placenta as a wee pillow and his/her knees were tucked right up under the body. Cute but no good for a piccy so the sonographer gave us them for nothing which was really sweet of him.

Anyway, just been for my daily [zx060] and came on here until i cooled down a bit, think bits of me actually melted while i was out, it's very warm.

Have a lovely day ladies.

xxx

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Monday, May 9th 2011, 5:12pm

Hi everyone,

Lovely scan Ali (looks very similar to mine actually with the shape of the arm - or leg - I wasn't sure which is was on mine) Glad all is ok.

Just need to let off some steam.......had a horrible day at work today. Horrible group of Yr10 kids and one of them pushed me - not intentionally but just in a thoughtless 'getting his own way' way if that makes sense. He was misbehaving as usual and I'll not bore you all with the details. Anyway I'm ok -no harm done but was very upset and close to tears and shaken up. Just makes me think what could happen with some of these horrible kids. The boy has been excluded for 2 days and then there'll be the problem of what happens when he comes back as they usually just get put back in your class but I'm going to refuse this as he's unpredictable and I'm worried about my safety.

On a more positive note - I've bought a pram/pushchair at weekend. I've gone for a Silver Cross. I'm really not sure if I've done the right thing though as my intentions were always that I would get something as small and light as possible that fits in the boot easily......Well this one is lovely and seems really good quality with all the padding and is lovely to push.....but it's quite big really and only just about fits in the boot. The frame is big and will take up a lot of room in the house as well. Hope I've not made a mistake but I'm thinking if I leave it unopened in the box I can always change my mind over next few weeks and take it back if I find something better. It's been such a stress finding one though!!!

Hope everyone is OK xx

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Monday, May 9th 2011, 5:29pm

Hi ladies,
I'm back :-)
Had a wonderful holiday and managed to fit into the dress yeah :-). Did lots of walking in the attempt to not sunbathe too much but may have over done that!!
Now we are back just need to sort the house move out etc
Rocky, what a horrible boy for pushing, some kids need lessons on manners and etiquette, I will never let my children get like that.
Haven't read back any further yet but hope I get the chance on my night so will write more later. I hope everyone is doing ok and has had a good week. I can't believe I'm 26 weeks tomorrow!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Adreamz :xxx3:

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, May 9th 2011, 9:32pm

Beautiful Pic Ali

Right just a quick selfish post. Seen Bub 4 times today at gender scan as they wouldnt play ball.
We were given a 70% the first time with a quick glimpse, then when we went back we were given the max they give of 90%

bab21 bab10 bab10 . WE ARE OVER THE MOON. It is a first Granddaughter for the grandparents & a sister for my boys.
Little... Amelia Eva Mae. She will be known as Millie or Mimi for short. :rainbow:

Take care all.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 6:29am

Taxi!! What great news:) THRILLED for you hun xxxx And I love the name too, very pretty.

Adreamz - welcome back! Glad you had a good time. 26 weeks eh? You won't be here much longer before you graduate to 3rd tri!

Rocky - Oh man, looks like it is your turn in school now. What a sod, I hope you are OK?? 2 day exclusion though - what an ARSE. Will he be able to be removed from your class for safety reasons? I hope so. Why are kids allowed to get away with this sort of behaviour?? It's bad enough at any time, let alone when you are pregnant. BIG HUGS xxx

Rallygirl - these next 4 weeks are going to wizz by for you. Have you started packing yet? I hate that part. We were lucky, when we moved my DH's job paid for removal so we havd the packing service and it was brilliant, would have it again in a shot.

Ali - lovely scan piccie - I can tell s/he looks just like you!!!! Very clear picture too.

Amazing Grace - Thanks you for your comments. I have decided not to go for a scan and go along the route of "what will be will be", and have listened to the reasoning of "you can't make a short measurement longer". Trouble is, it wasn't a songrapher who did it, it was my consultant so chances are very high for error - he has make mistakes before!! You sound like me - avoiding school work!! I keep my planning to such a minimum these days. Roll on summer!

TT - ouch about the trapped wind situation!! i have a SDD coming up so will remember that - get up frequently! Not long until half term.......

AFM - all is well here. It's year 6 SATs week so i am having to keep my class mega quiet so we don't disturb them- not an easy task! My tatas were killing me last night, they are getting mega big. I will go to M&S again this weekend to get re-measured. Got measured at week 8 and had gone up to DD. Am thinking they are booming beyond that now. When do they stop???? Also seem to have developed dandruff, ugh. I think that's becasue my hair is my dryer now than it was, so not washing it as often? Will go and get some H&S to see if that helps.
Enjoying the weather - hope you are too!!!

My diary

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 8:36am

Rally, sounds like a fab weekend, don't worry about upsetting family, like you say you do not need any additional stress and I am sure they understand that.

Rocky, sorry you have such a nasty boy in your class, I can honestly say that I am shocked at how kids behave these days towards their teachers, we would never have done that in our day (which wasn't that long ago :snigger: ). Good choice with the Silvercross, we had that last time for DS1 and it was brilliant and it is still going strong so no need to get another one ans it will be perfect for either one when baby arrives.

Taxi, congratulation of the pink news, I am so pleased for you and you have chosen a beautiful name, Amelia was our choice until my Uncle had a little girl and stole it X( , this is the problem with TTC for so long, all the names are used by people 'jumping the queue' :happy:

Daisy, glad you are enjoying all the lovely side effects from pg :snigger:

It's all quiet here at the moment, lost of movement which I am loving. I got a lot of my old maternity clothes back from my cousin who had a little boy named Logan 2 weeks ago so I have been washing and ironing like a mad woman. I am so pleased that I now have some more clothes as I was relunctant to get too much, knowing that my old ones would be back soon. Another 2 friends have also had little girls, one named Anya Louise and another named Elsa Rose, all beautiful names. Lots of baby visiting for us at the moment.

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALI BIRD" (May 10th 2011, 8:40am)

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 9:06am

Hi Guys

Hope your all doing well in here. just thought i'd pop by and see how your all doing.

Taxihome - huuuuge congrats hun on joining team pink high5. i bet your over the moon. and a name already..... wow u put me to shame!!

adreamz - glad your holiday went well hun and all went well with your dress.

hiya to alibird, daisy, rocky, rallygirl, tinyteacher and amazing grace and everyone else my preg head may have forgotten xxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 9:49am

Hey ladies,

bab20 taxi!!!! really happy for you, and as you know Amelia is one of my first choice girls names, such a beautiful name!

Ali - wow - am jealous of your movement, i have the odd fluttery & nudge but that is it, wow - lots of baby visiting for you,

Rocky - you poor thing, i hope you don't have to teach him again, hope you are ok apart from that

Daisy - lol, my boobs are getting massive too, they are normally a small B but now a very large C - i hate it, i always liked my small handful, am also wondering how much bigger they will get! my nips also now go a bluey white when cold, must be PG related if yours are too. I agree with you that the consultant probably got the measurements out as they haevn't had the same years of training as the sonographers have they.

Adreamz - lovely to have you back, glad you had a fab holiday and got into the dress! lots to catch up on on here

Rally girl, glad you had a lovely weekend and don't blame you for steering clear of your in-laws!

Amazing Grace - thanks for the maternity clothes tips, i am going to def get soem jeans & trousers, i have lots of tops that are loose so think they are ok for now.

Hi to everyone else i have missed but I can't see back any further unfortuantely, hope you are all ok & good luck with any scans coming up soon

AFM - things plodding along, 18 weeks today, still feeling the odd little flutter & nudge but nothing major, hope it is ok in there, am checking the heartrate when i need reassurance. I had another baby dream last night, we went for the scan, and i could see on the machine the baby had a beard, so i was like " i told you it was a boy!" then the sonographer said, well hold on, lets just check, and then it was and James burst into tears, not sure if it was because he has his heart set on a girl though. so for me i think it is now DEF a boy, as have the feelings anyway and 2 dreams about it. I think a first boy is nice as they will be the older brother, everyone always wants an older brother.

I was so upset to hear about Kelly Brook esp as a lot of us are pretty much around that stage give or take a few weeks, i feel so sad for her and it has made me worry more about ours as well, life is so cruel sometimes and it seems like it is happening so much more frequently with celebs at the moment.

Apart from that alll good, it is another lovely sunny morning here in Soho - i love it in the summer, no better place, so busy & buzzing with loads of fab places to eat and drink, shame i only get half an hour lunch :sadface:

have lovely Tuesdays everyone
xxx
Anna

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 1:12pm

Hi Ladies

Anna, another class dream!! You seem pretty convinced you're having a boy now. I have no kind of instinctive feelings about baby's gender at all.

Hi BooBoo, hows it going in the 3rd tri??

Ali, funny you should mention needing more clothes, i've just popped into town this morning cos i'm struggling to find anything in the wardrobe that's suitable for this warm weather. Looks like you're surrounded by people having girls just now. bab10

Daisy,i'm not lifting a finger to pack. RAF supply movers who will do all the packing for us which is a huge relief. It's the long drive i'm dreading. We've got 2 cars so obviously have to drive one each. Not sure about the boob issue, mine seem to have stopped growing which is a bit of a relief cos they were already quite big.

Congrats Taxi, beautiful name you've chosen bab10 I'd love to be able to give DH's family their first grandson but hey ho, as long as we have a healthy wee bubs it doesn't matter if it's pink or blue!!

Welcome back Adreamz, glad you had such a fab holiday and got into the dress in the end.

Rocky, sorry to hear you got a bit of a fright from that boy, what a little s**t, scuse my french but children's behaviour these days exasperates me. I really hope we can bring up our child to respect elders, it does worry me. Silvercross is def a good choice, we've gone for a silvercross pram, cant wait to start using it. We figured, they've been making prams for so long thay you cnat really go wrong with a sivercross!!

Hey Amazing Grace you party animal!! partee Mind you, i've got a meal out with friends this Thursday evening then a big posh dining evening with DH and his colleagues next friday which i'm really looking forward to.

Hi to everyone else, if i've missed you i do apologise.

Not much happening with me. As i've said i bought few items of clothes today cos running out of things to wear in this weather. Luckily it's just my bump that seems to be growing and i'm not putting loads of weight on all over so have bought loose tops in my normal size which is good.

Best go and hang out the washing. Catch you later ladies.

xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 23rd 2010

Children: Crazy Jake!

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 1:57pm

Just a really quick post on the (.)(.) !!!!!!!
Mine have gone from a 36D pre-ivf, to a 40E at 8 weeks, measured by Mothercare. However, I was really struggling, almost in tears with the pain, especially when taking off my bra at night.
So on Sunday I went to Bravissimo and got measured by them. I am now a 36 GG, yes bras do go that big!!!!!! I feel so much more comfortable and the pain has just about gone.
So, after my rambling, if you're a D cup or bigger, I would get to Bravissimo asap!!! I never thought boobies as big as mine could look good without wires, but they do!

Lots of love to everybody
blowkiss

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

DF - 37, multiple [zx151] problems

TTC - 5yrs,

ICSI Nov 2010 abandoned, poor response

ICSI Feb 2011 - :BFP: woohoo

11/10/11 bab22 born at 36w with extreme cardiac failure & hydrops
"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 4:54pm

Hi ladies,

Welcome back Adreamz. Glad you had a good time and that your dress fitted in the end. Can't believe we're 26 weeks!!
Taxi - congratulations on your scan and that your having a girl. Lovely name. Hope you can start to relax a bit more now and enjoy your pregnancy x
Daisy - yep it looks like bad behaviour is all around and it's my turn. I'm OK and will just have to wait and see what happens in the long run. Poor you having to try and keep the class from hell quiet!!
Ali - thanks for the reassurance about the silver cross - it's been such a hard decision but I do think it's lovely!
Anna - my dreams are really wierd and vivid at the moment too. I have a gut feeling that I'm having a boy - don't know why - but I'll be in for a shock if a girl comes out as I alreays refer to LO as a boy!!
Rally girl - sounds ideal if you're not putting on weight other than your bump. It's hard for me to tell - my face is getting a bit chubbier but I'm hoping that it's not going on my bum. Planning on breast feeding though so hope any excess will come off then!
Sultry - wow your boobs have grown a lot. Mine are definitely bigger but not by that much - maybe 1 cup size. Not been measured properly though so maybe that's something I should be doing.

AFM - not much going on - lots of moving and had quite a big kick this morning in bed. Still can't believe there is a baby in there. Don't you find it easy to forget you're pregnant? Hi to anyone I've missed and hope you're all doing well xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 4:58pm

Taxihome: Fabulous news - I think the name you have chosen is wonderful (especially Mae) x
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 5:39pm

Thanks all. We are over the moon & she had better stay a girl after the dosh I just spent in Mamas & Papas on girlie stuff. :) Mimi (as I shall call her for now) has been kicking & thumping me all day long today. It is wonderful.

Hayley - Ahhhh I just noticed your love of the name Mae. It is beautiful. It is my mums middle name & Eva is short for DH's mums first name. I only really wanted one middle name but a grandparent would be left out.

Anna - I am not good at gender predictions but I feel a boy for you. However pop by Mcflozzer for a leg hair prediction. She was right with me.

Daisy & Sultry - Wow your boobies are going to take over the world. I have only gone up 1 cup size.

Rocky - The moving is just great eh!

Ali bird - I too like Elsa but DH would not have it. We only agreed on a final 3 names to pick from. Amelia, Ruby or Lilia. Glad all is going well hon.

BooBoo - Thank you & I am sure you have some cracking names tucked up somewhere.

Rallygirl - Did you enjoy getting the washng in. Did you see a Tardis & have an adventure?

Love to you all.
xxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 7:00pm

Hi all,

Just a quickie this evening.

Taxihome, delighted to hear you are having a little girl, how lovely, something very special about the mother daughter relationship.

I too am most upset about the news on Kelly Brooke, it really scares me that something so precious could be taken away. I can only hope that life could not be so cruel.

Feeling very well, had my bloods today, they had to stab me 3 times to get it, I thought maybe I was dead!! Then they took 6 vials, that a bloody arm full!!

Anyway all done now.

Hope you are all well.

KJ

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 7:12pm

THE BOOBINATORS!!!! pmsl

Oh, and after saying I wasn't - i HAVE booked a scan - on Saturday!! And have asked for a gender scan too while we are there!!

Mucho-lovo!!

My diary

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 8:39pm

Ali - lovely scan picture – what a little stunner you have there.

Rallygirl – Pleased you had a lovely weekend. Don’t feel guilty about not popping in, sometimes you just need time away for the two of you and it sounds like with family circumstances it was probably best not to. Not long until the big move – pleased to hear they do it all for you sweetie. Sounds like you’ve had a lovely shopping trip!

Rocky – sorry to hear about your incident with those big kids – nightmare. Pleased that you are ok. Very exciting that you have got your pram! You can’t really go wrong with a Silver Cross. We were having a nice lunch the other day and someone came in with the really old fashioned ones, but they still look totally fab! I’m the same with the forgetting your pregnant. I am quite big I think, but it is only when the baby kicks that I am reminded (rather pleasantly!!) that there is a little human being in there and that it is getting rather big now!

Adreamz – I’m not far behind you! I’m 25 weeks tomorrow – a day behind you.

Taxi – fantastic news on your little girl – wonderful news and a beautiful name you have chosen for her too. Amelia is actually one of my favourite names too, but not DH’s! I’m planning on 2 middle names too. DH not so keen as he has two and he says that his names can never all fit on forms, but we have family names that need to be included and because our little one is being born in Norway, I’d like the baby to have a Norwegian type middle name too – nothing too different, just a nice touch. DH coming round!

Daisy – so pleased you are feeling a bit better about it all – that is great. I’m having trouble with my hair too – it is falling out big time! Plus, it is getting really, really dangled. I have a knotted mess under all my hair at the back that I would need to just cut away, but I’ve lost so much hair recently that I don’t want to do it!! Luckily my hair is quite long and I have a lot of it – it is naturally curly too, so tends to be dryer anyway. Wrote all that before your second entry!! Pleased that you are booking another scan – you do what will reassure you sweetie. I am sure everything will be just great!

Ali – great to get all those clothes back. I’ve borrowed a lot from people. Bought bits and pieces too, but a lot of it isn’t maternity clothes, although I’m sure by the time I’ve had the baby I won’t want to see the stuff for a while!

BooBoo and KJ – hope you are well lovely girls – really good to see you both.

Anna – the odd little flutter and nudge is perfect at your stage. I didn’t feel anything stronger until nearer 20 weeks and I’d say it is only in the past few weeks I’ve been getting proper big belly moving kicks! Really awful news about Kelly Brooke. DH told me this morning about it and I couldn’t bring myself to read about it myself.
Emma – I was the same and was worried about the non-wire bras holding my big boobs, but they have been great! I would say that I got measured in Bravissimo and in M and S and was measured differently and told quite different things in each shop, so stick with one of the other, but don’t go between the two!

AFM - Feeling pretty shattered, but apart from that really can't complain. Baby is kicking away big time - such a lovely feeling and so reassuring. Had a great weekend of socialising (and sleeping in between!!) and just on countdown now for my holidays. Less than 6 weeks to go, with a few days off in between with holidays. Really can't come soon enough! Got my thyroid results back today and my TSH has gone up again, nothing drastic, but up at 3 and it should be under 2. T4 is nice at 14 though, which is good. They have put my medication up again, so that is my dose doubled now to 100mmg Levaxin - think it is pretty normal in pregnancy though. DH comes home on Thursday, so really looking forward to that. He phoned this morning and was saying, not long until i'm making you breakfast again! He really is very good to me and i'm a bit spoilt when he's home. He'll be home for a month this time, so i've already got a little list of things for him to do! Nothing major - just washing the windows as they are a bit high for me and I don't want to risk standing on anything and our garden furniture could do with a paint in prep for Summer.

Hope you are all having lovely weeks xxx

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 8:45pm

Forgot to ask - when does the 3rd trimester officially start? Think i'm almost there ;)

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 5:52am

Morning ladies, very tired this night shift, didn't manage to get a break (for the second night in a row) :cross:
Taxihome, congrates on having a girl and Amelia is a lovely name (my friend also calls her s Millie for short).
Daisy, I too had dandruff, just used head and shoulders and it seemed to go. Its is supose to indicate a gender 9can't remember which but will look it up) then we can see if that fits your scan ha ha ha
AliBird, wow loads of babies coming to visit I would just want to cuddle them all!!
Anna, vivid dreams are normal at this stage, because we are not sleeping as heavy in preparation for being awake when they are born, it means we are in "eye flutterinng phase" more and this means we remember our dreams!! But have no fear I'm sure baby will not appear with a beard even if it is a boy!!
Rallygirl, I bought loads of summer clothes and now I'm worried that the weather will change and I wont have any warmer ones!!
Emma, wow your boobs are big. Mine have grown but not for a ong time, do they start growing again I wonder?
Rocky, I also can't believe there is a baby inside, when it moves its wonderful though, I do have a dig around sometimes to get it moving he he he
KJ shame I couldn't have taken your blood for you, I do it often and I'm not bad, I found the MW was not very good when taking mine, think I will go to a friend next time!!
AG, I was thinking that if we manage to move I would like to decorate the rooms but not sure about going up on ladders, thought it might be ok if people are in the house too. I also want to know when 3rd tri starts!!
AFM: not much news here. Baby is moving lots but it is not as strong as it has been, not sure if this is normal or not? My auntie died yesterday 9expected and glad she is now at peace) but due to my hormones I have got very emotional about it. Things are never simple in life.
Have a good day ladies. xxx

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 11:48am

Good Morning folks!

Adreamz, i'm thinking exactly the same as you with regards the weather. Just about to pour down here i think. So sorry to hear about your auntie, big hug to you :cuddle . When are you stopping work? Dont think i could work a nightshift ever again, you must be knackered.

AG, great news DH is going to be home for a whole month. I've no idea about thyroid probs but you sound pretty chilled out and obviously you know about your condition and meds etc.

Daisy, good luck for Saturday, cant wait to hear if it's blue or pink bubba in there.

Taxi, i'm such a numpty, i dont get the Dr Who reference to hanging out the washing, DUH!!!! ?o( Me and DH are big Dr Who fans sadly.

Hey KJ, hope you're having a lovely day. :)

Rocky, know what you mean about sometimes forgetting you're pregnant. Then i catch a glimpse of my side profile in the mirror and i'm reminded!! :snigger:

SultrySapphire, it's funny about the big difference between the 2 places you were measured for bras. I've been told in a couple of shops that they tend not to measure ladies boobs anymore and rely more on actually trying the bras on because different styles can mean you need different sizes. God, men have it so easy dont they??? :snigger: Have you bought any of those sleep bras from Mothercare? Some ladies really benefit from having a wee bit of support even in bed at night.

AFM, not much to say today. I'm feeling baby move more now and i think it's cos i'm concentrating on it a bit more. I'd got so used to having a gurgly tummy that i've obviously learned to just ignore the flutterings i get.
Bumped into a friend of DH in the supermarket the other day and she texted DH yesterday to ask if congratulations were in order. DH said yes and explained i was nearly 20 weeks preggers but he also told his friend i still just felt fat to which she replied, "no way, she def looks pregnant, not fat." DH showed me the text last night and it did cheer me up. Starting to properly sink in now.

Take care ladies.

xxx

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 2:24pm

hey ladies,

Finally managed to get my ticker up which i am happy about, i actually keep forgetting how far i am. Had a stressful morning here at work, absolutely cannot wait to go on mat leave, i have so much work to do it is crazy :hairout

Rallygirl - arent' the flutterings lovely, mine aren't that often but when they come it is so cute, and good that you haev gone past the looking fat stage, i am still there!

Daisy - best of luck for Saturday, i am jealous of all the gender scans, mine isn't until 21 weeks, seems like forever away! any ideas / preferences?

Sultry - that is interesting to know with the bra service there, M&S were pretty crap, didn't really even measure me

Adreamz - so sorry to hear about your Aunt, hope the rest of yoru family are all ok

Grace - wow - can't wait till my LO starts kicking away loads, am and so jealous of you only having 6 weeks left of work, where do you work?

KJ - wow - that is a lot of blood, what was it all for? god, i don't miss all my IVF blood tests every morning, seems like such a thing of the past now thank god!

Taxi - ha ha, love that you hit the shops, i really want to but have to hang on for a few more weeks till i find out which team!

Rocky, yes, i totally forget i am PG sometimes, it is weird, i suppose it is easier to remember when the bump gets big!

hope everyone else is good and well and having lovely days

AFM - just literally found out amazing news, my friend who went through 2 cycles when i did, TTC for 3 years and both cycles didn't work & it was her final one as 39 and no more viable eggs, has just emailed to me to say they have had a shock natuaral pregnancy!!!!! i am so happy for her, miracles do happen she is 8 weeks along now, am so happy for her.

I have also ordered new pairs of mat jeans & shorts from DPs I got my first Pregnancy magazine yesterday and it came with 2 catalogues with SO much stuff in, just confused me even more, how on earth do you know what you need? and the buggies / car seat combos ..... there is so much choice.... also what nursery furniture do you need to start with? the room is pretty small, how long are they in moses baskets for? and when are you meant to start buying..... aaagggghhhh so much to take in

xxx
Anna

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 5:10pm

Hiya
Thanks all for the congrats.

Rallygirl - Dr who ref I just meant that getting the washing in is so exciting. I could have worded it better. Preggo brain I am afraid.

Anna - Great news on your friend Hon. Mat leave will be here before you now it. Look how quick time has gone already.

Daisy - Cant wait to find out what your cooking.

Amazing Grace - I think the 3rd Tri is 28 weeks hon.

As for everyone else I see babies are kicking away nicely. My little girl (oooooh never said that before) (well lets hope thats the case or its a boy in pink dresses) is kicking away lovely.
We have started playing music to her by putting earphones on my belly. Well we started about 10 days ago. DH puts Enya, "anywhere is" on for her & we do it around 7pm in the eve. She has started to respond to it now. It is awesome.

xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Children: daughter born 2002 & son born 2011

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 7:45pm

Hi Ladies......i hope your all doing well? Im 14w2d, so thought i would pop in and say hello :hi: I have an antenatal appointment tomorrow and then have 16 week scan 2 weeks from today......all being well im hoping they will tell us what we are having :cheese: Anyways i hope everyone is keeping well xoxo
me-30-fine
dh-34-low count

icsi-jan2011 xfingers :BFP: on 3/3/2011

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 7:49pm

Wow, it's busy busy in here again!

Hey girlies and bubbas, this week seems much more positive than last! Hope you are all well :thumbsup:

Congrats again Taxi on your little princess! So what did you buy? Fill us in! That is one of the reasons I have decided not to find out babies sex, I would go CRAZY in the shops! Really I'm kidding myself that I won't do that anyway, regardless of whether I know or not :snigger:

Great news about your friend Anna, what a bonus it was a natural pregnancy too! And another bonus is you'll have a friend to share the experience with now :happy: My work colleague also told me she was pregnant today, I love hearing baby news! She is only 6 weeks but we worked out that 3 of us in my office will have had babies in a year! That'll teach them for employing 3 girls of the same childbearing age :snigger:

Exciting time ahead Daisy, bet you can hardly contain yourself! I look forward to gearing the hamburger or turtle news! That saying still makes me chuckle!! I must say I am feeling a little bit left out as you are all finding out :sadface:

Sorry to hear about your aunt adreamz, any death is horrid even if it's expected. It's amazing how much more emotional you become in pregnancy, I have had a couple of hysterical crying fits. I couldn't get over the fact I was so upset afterwards, silly me!!

I can beat you on the bra size Sultry LOL....I bought two maternity bras in size 36H from m&s at 16 weeks and I am rapidly growing out of them!! I am seriously getting scared that with the weight of a bump and my boobs, I will have 0 balance and just topple over :snigger: It's so strange as at the mo I look no different anywhere else and am still wearing my normal clothes but my boobs seem to have taken on the growth spurt with gusto!!

Great your feeling the movements now Rallygirl, it's so reassuring isn't it? Mine have turned into full on pokes, kicks and nudges and it doesn't stop wriggling! I'm starting to wonder whether a) it's MASSIVE already and b) whether it will ever sleep when it's born.......ARGH!!!!

Well better go and make my jacket for din sins, catch up later xxx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 10:45pm

Wow nice and busy again in here.

Taxi congrats on a wee pink one

Just poppping in as busy getting ready for hols. Just wanted to thank you all for your support. All settled down from the bleeding and think I can feel movement. I took an extra day off work todya so had waxing done followed by a lovely neck and shoulder massage as carn't lie on back for full back massage. Then had luch with a lovely friend who had her 2nd baby 8 weeks ago. Off on hols not far from where earthquake was today so hoping all ok where we off too.

see all on return, good luck with all your scans. XXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 11:38am

Good Morning Girls

Alie, have a lovely holiday, i'm extremely jealous! :cheeers:

Stace, i think LO is actually tap dancing on my bladder today. Either that or it's the start of a UTI, got bit of pressure on my bladder, oh no!! WOW on the giant boobies, maybe they'll slow down soon.

Hey Kelly82, good luck with the scan.

Taxi, it's not your baby brain, i have confirmed i am the biggest numpty in the world!! It was quite exciting bringing in the washing, except a bird had crapped all over DH's rugby top! :yuk:

Anna, i know how you feel about all the stuff you need. There's no exact time scale for LO being in a moses basket. It depends on how quickly they grow out of it really. Congratulations to your friend. It must be brill to have a friend to go through the whole thing with.

AFM - i'm off out for a lovely meal tonight so really looking forward to that, going to have a big steak i think. :licklips:

Have a lovely day everyone.

xxx

Melly

Reg: Sep 29th 2009

Children: Our time will come...

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 11:41am

Hello everyone :wave:

Well, I think it has been almost a year since I have been on the site! And I can't quite believe that I am in the pregnancy section?! :weehee: still don't think I can believe it yet, I am 18 weeks pregnant and think its a little girl but I will hopefully find out on Saturday, I'm so happy I could pop (I'll try and wait till my due date for that though!) thumbup

Excited to join you all on this journey... Thought I'd stop by to say hello and ongratulations to you all :thumbsup2: lots of love...

Me 30 and DH 29
TTC - 3 years
Low Sperm - 1 million
Low AMH Results - 7.2
Long Protocol ICSI Nov 09 - 1 embie transfered - BFN :sadface: (no frosties)
Short Protocol ICSI Jan 10 - 2 embies transfered - BFN :sadface: (no frosties)
Short Protocol ICSI May 10 - 2 embies transfered - BFN :sadface: (no frosties)
Immunology testing Jul 10 - High NK cells :sadface:
Humira injection for NK cells Aug 10 xfingers
Shock natural BFP Feb 11
biggrin2 Due Date 13th Oct 11 biggrin2

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 11:45am

Congratulations Melly :balloons: and welcome to 2nd tri. It's lovely on here, lots of chat!!

xxx

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 2:17pm

Just a quicky.

Is anyone else thinking of only giving their baby/babies 1 name? It doesn't seem to be the done thing these days, everyone seems to have at least 2. I'm wondering if we're just being boring but i dont have a middle name and really cant be bothered with any family hassle if we chose family names, we've lots of family but only 1 baby, we cant name it after everyone!! What are your thoughts ladies?

xxx

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 2:38pm

Hi rallygirl - thought i'd reply about babynames as its my no.1 favourite topic at the mo :happy: I think most people these days do choose middle names for there baby. its personal choice though and its your baby so yours and dh's decision. I certainly wouldn't put pressure on yourself to make the middle name a family name. One of my middle names i have in mind for buba is because it has a nice meaning or the other one is just because we like it. Also the purpose of a middle name can be incase your child doesn't like their 1st name they can use there 2nd when they are older if they so wish. So if you have a couple of names you like then use one as the 1st and one as the 2nd name. If you only like one name then don't stress about it hun. Your baby your choice (and dh of course... :happy: ) I must admit though...i've personally always liked having a middle name. i have a thing about names though cos there's so many nice ones so at this rate my buba is going to have 4......not really......... :snigger:

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 5:12pm

The whole name thing is my favourite topic just now as well! I have to say BooBoo has hit the nail on the head Rallygirl - it really is your personal choice. We are probably going to have 3 names, but only because I've never had a middle name and always wanted one and we are living in Norway just now, so want to give our baby a middle name that has a slightly Norwegian touch as he/she is being born here. Do what is right for you and DH and don't feel any pressure from anyone to do otherways. If we have a boy DH has a name that runs through his family, but we both love it - I wouldn't even be considering it if we didn't. If we have a girl, there is a middle name we have both always wanted as well. You choose what names you two want - you'll have enough difficulty doing that before considering other family members!! We've also decided not to tell ANYONE the names we think we have chosen because everyone has an opinion and we just want to announce the baby name when he/she is born and everyone can like it or lump it! At the end of the day I have to say also with baby names that we have had our boy and girl name chosen for a while (we still have to agree on a Norwegian middle name for a boy) and i've gone through the books again and again JUST to make sure that nothing else springs to mind, but our names just seem so right and perfect for our little one that I think they are just meant to be. xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amazing Grace" (May 12th 2011, 5:14pm)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 6:34pm

Rallygirl - As the girls above said, no pressure at all my lovely. You have as many or little names you want.
I dont have a middle name & I dont mind that either.
My boys have 1 middle name & this baby will have 2. Just because she is the 1st granddaughter on both sides & I didnt want one of the mothers left out.
You call your bubba what ever you want my lovely.
xx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 7:16pm

URGH......names!! The one question everyone asks and the one questions I cannot answer!! Me and the OH went through 700 names and agreed on nothing......absolutely nothing!! So my child won't have any names at this rate. That'll make you feel better Rallygirl :snigger: I think if you can find more than 1 name that you both like then you may as well use it as a middle name but if there aren't any, then just leave it at the one........SIMPLES :happy: I'm all for simplicity me!! I have two middle names and don't like either of them so would've been happy with one to be honest!!

Welcome Kelly & Melly to the 2nd tri, and congratulations to you both!! I hope you are both feeling well?

Have a great time Alie, hope you get some time to relax as I know you are always a busy mummy/wife/employee!! I'm drooling at the thought of a holiday and time is ticking away so soak up some sun for me :cheeers:

I'm off to see a friend who is soon to pop, only 6 weeks to go for her!! She looks just marvellous, I can only hope that I look just as good when I get to that point!! I have bought lots of naughty goodies for us to share some gossip over......YUM!!

See's you later xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 7:51pm

cograts taxihome bet ur boys are chuffed my little boy was when he knew he was having a sister & 1st granddaughter for us 2!! everyone is knitting already lol
rallygirl on the name subject mine with have just the one name!! Sofia xxxxxx as my son only has the one name Vincenzo xxxxx (after the father inlaw family tradition)
melly welcome hun and congrats

AFM well finally sorted my maternity leave and holiday from one job (after a complaint letter!!) i will now be leaving on the 19th JUNE yehhhhhhhh time for me to rest before the baby arrives!! hehe still be working at my night job till mid july but one job down lol
LO not kicking as much last few days seems to be more just moving! wonder if she is running out of room!??
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, May 13th 2011, 7:17am

Just popping in to say hi :hi:

Feels like ages ago that I moved to the 3rd tri LOL! I do read up on all your posts to check how you all are. It is such a busy thread this one.

Bye for now and good luck to those having scans in the next week or so.

An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Friday, May 13th 2011, 9:22am

wrote a long reply last nigtt then lost it :cross: , I'll start again!!
Morning ladies, hope you are all feeling fine, the sun is shining here so I shall try and top up my tan 88) he he he
Please excuse me but I'm replying from threads a while ago as I didn't get chance to write while I was at work.
Rallygirl. I finish mid June for annual leave pre mat leave but I'm going to do one extra shift a week for a few weeks to try and help finance the last few months when I will be on stat pay only. I'm sleeping in the sleep bras and little shorts only at the moment, nothing else seems cool enough or comfy. Prob is I've got a hen do coming up (another one) so I might have to find something a little more decent!! As regards to names, its entirely up to you what you want to call you little one, we will have 2 names as we both do, but people have 1 or even 4 names!! Don't feel pressured, just do what you want!!
Anna, don't fret on the amount there is to buy :faint: . there was a list a few pages back, which is really helpful and actually made me put it all into prespective. I think its best to go into a shop and get advise on different bits e.g. do prams one day and cots another etc so you don't get too bogged down. and enjoy!! As for moses baskets I have been told they are only in them for about 6 weeks (depending on size of the baby), losts of money for such a short time, so see if anyone you know has one you could borrow, you could just buy a new matress to make it cheaper.
Taxihome, what type of headphones do you use? I tried with my ipod headphones but got bored of holding the earpiece to my tummy, I sing alot [zx062] but I'd really like to get into using music!! (someone even suggested playing french to them so they will pick that up too, not much good for me I can't speak it except bonjour je sie anglais, palavu anglais? (poor spelling)
Welcome Kelly 82, you will enjoy it on here, everyone is lovely!!
Stace, I don't know if they have ever proved anything about the more active the baby is and how well they sleep. I think more actie babies are suppose to be boys (old wives tale). Someone suggested to me that the more you walk and babies sleep the more likely they are to want to be rocked to sleep!! But walking is very god for the labour so I'm going to walk lots anyway!!
Alie, have a good holiday, sounds like you need a good break.
Melly, hi, hope that you scan shows that you are having a little girl.
Mum82, thank you for your inspiration on movement and kicking, i have been thinking that the baby doesn't kick as much but I feel it turning loats, I never thought that it might be running out of room (mind you my tummy is getting bigger to accomodate!!).
Hi to booboo and hoping, can't wait to join you in 3rd tri :happy:
AFM, busy trying to sort out the house move bits, was disappointed when someone suggested we might not be in till mid July as I was hoping that I could start decorating when I'm off work, but that wont give me anough time and I might not have any energy by then!!
I sat and ate half a easter egg last night and baby was extremely active afterwards, must have been on a sugar high. Trying not to eat to much sugary things as don't want to risk diabetes, but when you look at sugar content in things I can't believe how much there is. Bought some granola cereal (sweet but yummy) but it has 10g of sugar in 50g (which isn't a bowl full!!).
Went to visit my uncle last night, and its such a shame to see an old strong man with red eyes from crying. They had been together for 63years, I've been with DH for 13 years so we have a long way to go.
My friend made me smile last night. I was talking about the new house saying it could take us 20years to complete everything we want to do in the house and she commented that my child would have probably left home by then ha ha what a thought!!
I'm off for a swim now, hope you all have a good day and I'll try and keep up to date more frequently xxx

Friday, May 13th 2011, 10:09am

Hi everyone,

The names thing is not a favourite topic of mine. It's something I know I'll be stressed over. As a teacher there are so many names that I don't want to use because they remind me of pupils so I think I will struggle with this. Can't seem to decide on any - boys or girls.

Had a MW appointment this morning. Was supposed to get Mat 1B form but she couldn't find any!! So I still can't give the dates in to work and am disappointed. Bit of a dilema about my due date as well as my 12 week scan was different from my IVF dates. Now normally I wouldn't mind so much ....but because I'm due in August it will be the summer holidays and if I can get the date a little later it would mean extra holiday pay before the maternity pay starts. Don't know if I'm stressing for nothing as it would only be a week. I seem to be stressing over everything at the moment. hope everyone is OK. Off to work now :( xx

Friday, May 13th 2011, 12:37pm

Hi Ladies,

just a quick post so can't do personals.

Hope you are all good, with the name thing we are having 1 or 2 middle names, not family members or anything just names we like. can't wait to find out if it is team blue or pink, i do deep down want a little girl, but feel it will be a boy, have our names sorted already i think.

i heard from my friend today who had the shock natural :BFP: they went for a dating scan last night and there was no heartbeat :bawl: they are devestated, it was a blighted ovum it sounds like, i feel so sad for them.

I am off to Centre Parks for a Girly weekend so back on Monday, hope you all have lovely weekends

xxx
Anna

Friday, May 13th 2011, 1:09pm

Hi folks

Anna, i'm so sorry to hear about your friend, my heart just sank when i read what had happened. Will they try again? I do hope so. Have a great weekend at centerparcs.

Rocky hope you can get your work probs sorted soon. I know what you mean about not using names of children you've taught over the years.

Hey Adreamz, the thought of moving is exciting but bit daunting isn't it? Especially when preggers. Hope you dont have to wait till July. I know what you mean about not eating too much sugar. I've developed a sweet tooth during this pregnancy (something i never had before) and am a bit worried about eating too much sugar but i really cant help it.

Hi Hoping, howz it going in 3rd tri? :bye:

Mum82, good name choice, my name derives from Sofia apparently, it's Sonya. Not too much longer before you leave one of your jobs. :)

Stace, Taxi, Amazing Grace and BooBoo, and everyone else, thanks for advice on the name thing. We really want just one name but i do worry a little about when LO is older and what if they're the only one in their class with just one name. It never bothered me but LO might not have the same personality as me. Well, we're only half way so plenty time to think about it more. Have a fab weekend everyone.

AFM-20 weeks today!! Never thought we'd get here, it's brill!! Off to Wales this afternoon for a motorsport weekend with DH. It's either that or spend the weekend on my own in the house. At least we get a night in a posh hotel. Hope the weather stays dry. [zx071]

Take care peeps!!!

xxx

Friday, May 13th 2011, 6:18pm

Hi Ladies!

I feel like I haven't posted in forever there are sooo many posts on here!!

Just wanted to pop in and say I wil catch up with you all over the weekend. Having my gender scan tomorrow morning. Will it be bab10 or will it be bab11 ????????? Will update when it has sunk in!!

Big hugs to you all

My diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "*daisy*" (May 13th 2011, 6:20pm)

Saturday, May 14th 2011, 8:37am

Rocky, sorry to hear you are stressed. Not sure if this will help but a friend of mine whose a teacher has only got to do 1 week next term so that she gets paid over school holidays, not sure if they were just kind or if it is possible for you too. When will your midwife get you a mat b1 form? I've not sorted all my annual leave out yet which is very frustrating because my manager cancelled our appointment then went on 2 weeks holiday!! So I would like to get that sorted and know how frustrated you must feel!!
Anna, such a shame about your friend, to get her hopes up, we have probably all had something similar so can really empathise with her. Try and have a relaxing weekend.
Rallygirl, its great being half way, every week seeing baby gets closer!! Moving house is daunting but it stops me from worrying about baby thing. Enjoy the nice hotel.
Daisy, can't wait to here about the flavour
Afm Think dh might be having a little midlife crisis though. He is now worrying about where he wants his career to go. Typical man feels he should be the bred winner.
I have found eating chocolate makes baby move more! I could get fat playing that game!!!
Have a good weekend ladies xxx

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE