You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 10:35am

Morning ladies

Another sunny bank holiday it is happydance I am going to be good today and actually do some productive stuff around the house. The OH is at work so I am going to finish off the garden, do some housework and prepare a nice meal for when he comes homes this evening........he may faint LOL!!

Hoping, your scan photo is beautiful. He looks so cute and content in there, I have decided that I have to have a 4D scan just because the pics I have seen on this site have just been so fabulous!! Did you get a DVD as well? I had a look yesterday and they are quite pricey but it'll be worth it!! How is the glucose monitoring going? I hope you are managing ok without the sweet stuff x

Hey daisy, apparently cravings for lots of orange juice indicates you are having a girl!! Are you going to find out the sex?? Would be interesting to see if the theory is true!! Sorry to hear the situation with 'the friend' is still as awkward......she sounds like a bit of a character from her current situation!! Don't blame you from trying to distance yourself from all of it, you have much more important things to be thinking about eh!! So how was the fish pedicure??

Welcome back KJ, hope you had a great time despite the weather. Hopefully you are making the most of the BH weekend and the great sunshine we now have here :happy: Oh and how did you get on at the races?? I'm no gambler but really enjoyed my time at newmarket last year!

Hey tt, you have been struck by the dreaded UTI!! I hope the anitbiotics are kicking in now. The things us preggo women have to go through eh!! I did chuckle at you checking what the Dr had given, you can never bee too sure :snigger: Very responsible of you! So how many weeks are you now?? From what you say it sounds like i've got a few more weeks of hidden pregnancy before it becomes more of a pregnant belly rather than a 'who ate all the pies' belly LOL!! I am quite tall (5"10) so thinking I may hide it quite well for a while longer?

Rocky, I am right with you there on the upper back pain but put it down to having massive melons stuck to my chest :snigger: If I sit in a high backed chair I start getting really uncomfortable, but my sofa is still a firm friend :smile: Maybe get your OH to give you a good back massage with some oils? Or if he is rubbish at massages (like my OH) then maybe treat yourself to a professional one.......any excuse for some well deserved pregnant pampering :thumbsup: Although you cannot get an appt with your midwife, can you not just contact her by phone for a chat?? If she thought she should see you, maybe she could fit you in somewhere else if you were willing to travel to another clinic.

Hey Anna, sounds like you've had a busy weekend!! I have had the 'my life is no longer my own' fears and the fact that I will not be able to do things I want to but realistically, I don't think we'll really want to do much in the beginning as we adjust to motherhood! No first time mum is clued up on looking after a baby regardless of whether they have looked after or been with other children. Your child will be completely different to anyone else's and YOU will be the best person to look after him/her and will soon get to know their likes and dislikes as mummies are just the best at that. If your friends are friends they will be there to provide support, even if they are not mothers themselves and i'm sure your family will be on hand to help too!! And then when you do feel up to being more social, it'll be time to cash in on those babysitting cards with the OH :happy: I know I will be cashing in and have already pre-warned him about his duties!! So don't freak out too much, and enjoy the time you have now to carry on being a social butterfly..........there are still a few months left before mummyhood begins :thumbsup:

18 weeks today and can't believe that I am almost half way there..........where has the time gone?!?! I had a bit of a dodgy tum yesterday and generally felt a bit sick which hadn't happened for a long time. Didn't feel the baby move till about 6 o'clock in the evening which really did freak me out but he is back on form now wriggling around in there :happy: I had my first baby dream on Saturday night and I dreamt that I gave birth early and really quickly to a massive baby boy and the aftermath downstairs weren't good if you get where i'm coming from!! Hoping its not a premonition :snigger: My OH was not at the birth because he was too busy at work.........hmmmmm hoping that bit doesn't ring true either!!

Anyway better get off my butt and do these housewife duties i've been going on about, catch you later ladies xxx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 11:09am

Good Morning!!

Hope you are all making the most of the Banl Holiday!!

Stace - INTERESTING about the orange juice theory. I didn't know that one. When I'm not drinking oj, I'm guzzling orange squash! I like you baby dream:) They say that dreams are the opposite of reality so I'm betting you will have a GIRL. In answer to your question, yes we will find out the sex - what about you? I'm too much of a planner to not know - the suspense would kill me LOL!!!

Alex - so sorry you are still suffereing with your skin problems. All these things that we have to put up with!! Medieval Scandanavian Studies - wow that sounds very interesting. My knowledge of the Vikings is limited to the Jorvik Centre Museum!!

Anna - I totally understand your feelings. I think it's completely natural. I am having them too. It's funny, we spent years trying to get pregnant, went through all that t=reatment then when it finally DOES happen it's like "Argh!!! What have I done? Am I ready? Will I be a good mum? Will I knwo what to do?" I am sure that all that will settle in time and instincts will kick in too. You will be a great mum, you love your little one sooooo much already x

Rocky - I sympathise with the back pain! Mine is lower though. Have you been for a massage? I know it won't fix it but it may sooth it for a while?

TT - oooh the Lakes, haven't been there for years. Hope you had a lovely time with your friends, you certainly had fabbie weather for it.

KJ - A 1 in 10000 is a great GREAT number so you don't need to worry about that my lovely. Glad you enjoyed Spain, even though the weather wan't great.

Taxi - A wedding co-ordinator? Seriously? What a BRILLIANT job!!! You must ahev some strange and bizarre stories to tell......go on spill the juice!! Any vampire weddings???

To everyone else - BIG BUMP HUGS to you all xxxxxxxxxxx [zx033]

AFM - Fish pedicure was amazing. It was very tickly at first but I soon got used to it. It felt like putting your feet in bubbles. I only had 15 minutes as a starter but am going back again soon and will have 30 minutes. My feet definately feel smoother!!
My big-gob mate situation - I feel very drained by it all. I just feel so sad that she has taken advantage of the other woman and lives are being turned upside-down in the process. I have been made to feel like the baddie in all of this which really upsets me too - it wasn't MY fault she announced my pregnancy!!! Anyway, we have decided to have nothing to do with her any more and avoid social situations where she may be there, which won't be difficult. Our social circle will change anyway when the baby arrives and a syou have said, I have more important things to be focussing on.
I am 16 weeks today woooooohooooooo! half way is within spitting distance!!!!

:xxx3:

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 11:12am

Good morning all,

Stace with you on the crazy dreams, what is it about pregnancy that makes you dream odd things!

Anna try not to freak out we are all in the same boat, I have no clue how to be a mum but I reckon we will all work it out.

Rocky sorry about the back pain, I have lower back pain like siatica, only really when in bed but it does hurt. not sure there is much can be done

Tiny teacher - I really can empathise with the UTI, I have suffered all my life with them, I just know I will get it again soon, it really is awful.

AFM - Well the races was great fun and weather fab but I didn't win a thing, how rubbish am I, my DH won a bit so not a complete loss. Feeling fine at the moment but getting a bigger tum by the day oh and seem to be getting daily nose bleeds, anyone else had that?

KJ

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 12:14pm

Morning Ladies

Going to do a proper post today.

KJ, i've suffered a lot with nasal congestion for the whole pregnancy and have had several nose bleeds, it's all normal apparently, just a pain in the butt if you're out and about and your nose starts pouring blood everywhere!! :cross: Dont go anywhere without loads of tissues. Glad you had a good time in Spain. Those nuchal scan results are fab, much lower risk than mine but i am 38.

Hi Daisy, i really fancy one of those fish pedicures. Dont think there's anywhere near us that does it but maybe when we move we'll be nearer somewhere that does. I reckon you've made best decision about your big-gobbed friend, you really dont need the stress of it just now. Who knows, things may calm down over time and you may be able to resume some sort of friendship. Happy 16 weeks today!!! happydance

Stace, happy 18 weeks today!! happydance I still have the odd spell of feeling bit nauseous too. Glad you have the reassurance of feeling LO. I still have trouble differentiating between wind, fluttering, indigestion etc but i'm sure i have felt movement. Enjoy being the wee homemaker today, your OH will love it.

Al. ex hope the rash gets better hun. I know what you mean about feeling like you're going to explode, i get really bloated still and have lots of heartburn too. Oh the joys!!!

Anna, hope you're feeling more positive about becoming a mummy. I think these feelings and wee panics are totally normal. I'm always being told by everyone i'll be a great mum and with all my childcare experience, it'll be a doddle. What if it's not a doddle?? What if i fall flat on my face and i'm rubbish at everything?? Got to tell ourselves we're going to be great mummies!!!

Rocky, hope you can get some relief from your back pain. I think the UK is not renowned for it's antenatal care compared to other european countries. It's really frustrating and not fair that you are just struggling on in pain. [zx127]

TT, hope those antibiotics are kicking in now. I'm dreading getting uti cos as a child i had lots of probs with my kidneys/bladder. xfingers though, as an adult i've had no probs but always figured it might rear it's ugly head if i ever got pregnant. AB's are amazing things but dont blame you at all for double checking whether they are safe to use.

Hoping, gorgeous 4d scan pic. Hope you're managing your GD ok hun and not suffering too much from those sugar restrictions.

Hi Taxi, Amazing Grace, Mashy, Mum82, Adreamz and all other lovely 2nd tri ladies. Hope you're enjoying the Bank Holiday Monday.

Take care.

xxx

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 4:23pm

Wow it's busy on here!

KJ - I have had nosebleeds hun, well a few weeks back. I just have bloody snot now (sorry TMI). I read it's because of all the extra blood we're pumping around so nothing to worry about xx

Daisy - you're brave having the fish pedicure. I've seen it done as we have a salon in our city centre where people who have it done sit in front of the window so you can watch. I just don't like the thought of tiny fish biting at my feet LOL. I think that's a good idea re your so called friend. It will be her loss not yours hun xx

Stace - hope you got your chores done. I did mine this morning so we could chill this afternoon. Hope your dream doesn't come true and your OH does make the birth LOL xx

Anna - don't worry hun, I think a few of us have had tearful moments worrying how we will cope, especially the first time mums. I am petrified and hoping I make a great mum.. I'm reading lots of pregnancy books and asking friends who have had babies their advice. I think it will come naturally to us but it's that fear of the unknown. I have a 17 year old cousin who has 2 children (shocking I know) and I reason if she can cope then I definitely will be able to! I have never held a newborn before. When my friends have had babies I have said I don't want to hold them until they're a bit bigger as newborns seem so fragile. I know I will have no choice with my own. Like I say I think it will come natural to us and we'll be great mums :) xx

Rocky - would you like me to PM you the number to book on the active work birthshop at SH and a list of the dates they do them? I was given a leaflet with the info on and you just ring up to book on. I think they ask for your maternity number and due date. I'm starting to get back ache now. Not just lower but around the back of my ribs too. Walking around the shops for more than half an hour is painful too, for my back and bump. I have to sit down and rest for a bit. I suspect it's going to be like this now until we give birth. I take paracetamol when it gets too much and DH sometimes gives me a back massage, or I have a long soak in the bath with lots of bubbles xx

TT - sorry to hear you had an infection. Hope you have a nice time in the lakes xx

Adreamz - hope you have a nice break from the stress of house buying xx

Hi to everyone else.

I seem to be controlling my GD with diet. My readings have been OK up to now apart from this morning when it was a whopping 9.8. That probably means nothing to some of you but basically when I test an hour after a meal it has to be less than 7.8. All I had for breakfast was bitesize shredded wheat and a tablespoon of fruit and fibre to give it more flavour. I suspect it's the fruit & fibre that is full of sugar but I only had a small amount. Anyway, it's back within range. I'm seeing the dietician tomorrow at the hospital so will pick his/her brains about food. We went shopping on Saturday and spent ages checking labels for sugar content. It's amazing how much sugar is in everyday food. The thing is I'm now worried I am not eating enough food as what I am eating is less in calories and fat and I know when we're pregnant we should eat about 300 calories more a day for our baby. I suppose I can just eat lots of the healthy stuff.

Well I am now 28+1 weeks so I guess it's time for me to bid farewell and move over to the 3rd trimester thread. I will of course be checking on your posts to see how my lovely 2nd tri buddies are getting on and it won't be long before you all join me over there, one by one smile2

blowkiss

An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 23rd 2010

Children: Crazy Jake!

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 4:51pm

Seeing as Hoping has left a space on the sofa, I might as well fill it! I'm not officially 2nd tri til tomorrow, but I never do as I'm told! Plus there's hardly anyone that I know in the first tri anymore, so I've ended up not posting. Hopefully you're all having a lovely Bank Holiday, I've had a lovely 10 days off work, which I truly truly deserve after working the hours I have recently. However I've spent most of it renovating the garden with DF, which now looks stunningly beautiful and is begging to be sat in all summer!
Will have a read back and see where everyone is,
Speak soon
blowkiss

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

DF - 37, multiple [zx151] problems

TTC - 5yrs,

ICSI Nov 2010 abandoned, poor response

ICSI Feb 2011 - :BFP: woohoo

11/10/11 bab22 born at 36w with extreme cardiac failure & hydrops
"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 6:12pm

Welcome Emma to the 2nd trimester - lots of lovely ladies on here, so i'm sure you'll feel part of the place in no time! I can never keep up with all the chat!!

Had my 6 month check up at the Dr today, which all went well, everything in order. Best bit was hearing the heartbeat again and the baby was kicking where the doppler was, so ever so often there would just be this thud! I reckon the poor mite is fed up with scans by now after all the ones we've had!! So pleased all was well. Spoke to her about the skin tags i've been getting, but she says they tend to go away after pregnancy and I showed her a brown spot I have on my right boob that has changed - it is darker and to be honest I don't much like the look of it as it has another circle forming in the middle, but she said they can't really do anything with it now until after the pregnancy and then they can examine it and see if it was pregnancy related, which fingers crossed it is.

Got a busy week at work this one and I'm counting down the weeks until I finish. 6 weeks to go and it can't come quick enough! So tired after a day teaching and take home work to do, but don't get near it! But my priority is my baby and i'm sticking to that!

Hope you are all well xxx

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 7:01pm

Hey Ladies,

and another lovely sunny day :cheeers:

Thanks for all your words of reassurance, it helps to know you guys know how i feel too, and yes Hoping, you are right, if these teenagers can do it i am sure we will be naturals! i know what you mean though, i daren't pick a newborn up in case i dropped it, can you imagine what the parents would say!

Hoping - a big Goodbye :bye: good luck in your 3rd tri - will be joining you in 10 weeks if you are still there! good luck with your GD levels and thanks for all your words of wisdom and chat

Sultry - hey hun, welcome in here, there are loads of familiar faces, and a big :congrats: for getting past the magical 12 weeks, has your sickness stopped yet?

Grace - wow - 6 weeks to go until maternity leave? that is so cool, you will get most of the summer off, hope it goes as quickly as possible

KJ - good to know you feel the same too, i have also had nosebleeds on and off - not so much pouring blood more like drips and lots of bloody snot - i am also bunged up, have been usign Otrivine nasal spray when it gets too much.

Daisy & Stace - it's mad to think we are nearly half way there, although i suppose by the time we found out we were 4 weeks in so that went very quickly! i haven't had any PG / birth dreams yet, mine are all still about Bradley Cooper :yes: i have also warned James he will be in babysitting duties as and when i feel ready to go out again once LO arrives, he said he is more than happy to do the trade off then bless him, he said it will be a pleasure. Glad to hear the Fish Pedicure went well hun!

Rallygirl - i do feel better today thanks hun, your post made me laugh - exactly, "what if it is not a doddle" time will tell! at least we will have the rest of us to chat to about how un-doddly it is :laugh:

AFM - am dreading work tomorrow - couldn't sleep till 3am last night as my mind was racing, still only a 4 day week to go. enjoy the rest of the weekend lovely ladies

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 8:05pm

Hey Hoping - just thought I'd pop in and comment on GD. I suffered with brekky so not surprised to see your reading high with cereal. As you move on through preg GD gets worse so things you could eat at one point you all of a sudden can't! I found basically no carbs was best for brekky, so eggs/bacon etc was fine!! I also bizarrly found out fruit was fine, I had avoided it assuming it was super sugary but once on hols thought sod it, ate a load of lovely fresh fruit and had a really good reading so from then on often had fruit salad for brekky, worth a try? Anyway, the point I was going to make was on the plus side for GD - James is two weeks old today and I am back at pre-pregnancy weight!! It really stopped me gaining too much but at 38+6 James was 7lb10oz so healthy but not mahusive. And boy oh boy did that Magnum when I left hosp taste good.
Good luck.
Caz
xx
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 9:11pm

Hello lovelies.

Just thought i'd pop by and see how u were all getting on. i've been away sinse last saturday so not been able to visit. Its been very busy in here as usual, hello and congrats to those who have joined 2nd tri sinse i last visited.

seems like your all doing well and lots of nice scan pics.

i had my 4D scan on 21st april. i posted pictures in the main gallery if any of your fancy a peep (i don;t know how to attach an image in here.....). It was an amazing experiance and i'd recommend it to anyone - worth every penny.

well i'm officially 3rd tri as from last week so i will venture over to the 3rd tri chatter but i will still bob over here and make sure u lovelies are doing well.

Thanks for keeping me company through the 2nd tri and i sure do hope the ladies on 3rd tri are as chatter as we are in here :happy:

See some of u over in 3rd tri soon and take care for now everyone

blowkiss

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 10:09pm

Anna - I have 6 weeks to go until the Summer holidays - here they start a lot earlier than in the UK. We don't go back until the 18th August, so my maternity leave will probably officially start a little before that, but doesn't really matter as my going back to work date will be around the 18th next year. Must get it all sorted out when DH comes home as not done anything about it all yet!!

Booboo - the scan sounds amazing!! I was thinking not to have one as we had so many scans in the beginning, but i'm beginning to think that i'd like one now! Will see what DH says when he gets home!
xxx

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 6:25am

Happy Tuesday!!

Amazing Grace - I am sooooooo jealous that your holidays start so soon. I am just counting the days until half term! I've given up on taking work home. i just make sure the marking is done before I leave and that's it. Like you say - baby is more important!!

BooBoo - Love dyour scan picture and :weehee: on getting to 3rd tri!! By the time I get to 3rd tri, you will be at week 40, if you make it that far! All the best my lovely xxxxxx

Anna - with you on dreading work! How are you coping throughout the day? I find the last couple of hours a real struggle. I wish there was a magical key to stop our minds racing!

Sultry - welcome!! And well done on getting to 2nd tri - it's such a major milestone.

Hoping - seriously - do the fish thing, you'll love it!! :goodluck: in the 3rd tri! Your baby will probably be with us by the time I make it over there. Much love xxx

Rallygirl - that was such a long post you did but no updat on YOU!!! How arethings going??? Did you have a good Bank Holiday??

KJ - not had any nose bleeds but have had a constantly stuffed/runny nose for the last couple of weeks. Are the bleeds heavy?

AFM - all is ticking along. Sooooooo don't want to go to work! Worried about this darn fatigue that's not shifting. Seeing the m/w on Thursday so will bring it up with her.
Can we talk about sleeping positions? I am really worried. I usually sleep on my back but have read that you shouldn't and that the left side is prefereable. So, have been trying to train myself to sleep on my side. It's getting easier but I keep rolling onto my back. At what point will this becaome a no-no? How are you all sleeping? i have a dream genie but don't feel quite big bellied enough to use it yet!!! (I think Taxi has one??)

Have a lovely day

My diary

Reg: Apr 26th 2009

Children: son 11 ICSI daugther 18 months

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 9:33am

Really ladies, how you manage to write so much even if just I am away for a short time???!!! I give up! [zx103] I always want to answer to everyones post and simply cant!! ;(
Emma- welcome to second tri!!!!! :thumbsup:
Amazing Grace- lucky you! Oh I wish I worked in education....Hope next year will get PhD placement xfingers
I have extra app today with MW about my rash - last night I had it more, but by morning it was gone....
Al.

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 9:36am

Morning

Back to normality today. :goodluck: Good luck to all the lovely mummies-to-be who are moving on to the 3rd tri. It's a while till i'll be there so some of you may have had your little bundles by then, cant wait to hear.

Daisy, i just really wanted to say hello :bye: to everyone properly yesterday and sadly dont have much to report about myself. Not been up to much, DH was off all last week so we did a lot of clearing up in preparation for the move. I know you're not really supposed to sleep on your back but i think it only becomes more of an issue as you get bigger. I have heard some ladies say that as you get bigger, it's much more uncomfy on your back and so you're likely to instinctively turn over in your sleep onto your side. Think it's something to do with putting pressure on a certain nerve.

AG, i too am slightly worried about having lots of scans. I know they have saved a lot of us from going insane with worry but i'm still a little wary. The 4d's are soooo amazing though. Will wait and see.

Anna, hope work isn't as bad as you think today and you managed to get some sleep. zzzz

Welcome to 2nd tri Sultry, :weehee: think you'll recognise a good few of us from 1st tri.

AFM, not much to report. Had a relaxing week with DH (apart from the clearing out) weird to be in the house on my own again. Dh is being so good to me, he's def got his protective husband/father-to-be head on and he's not letting me strain myself in any way. We're both looking forward to the scan on Fri but as usual, i'm anxious too. Feel that things have gone too smoothly up to know and i cant be this lucky. Why can i not just accept everything's fine and will be fine throughout??? [zx065]

That's enough negativity from me. Have a lovely day folks. Is anyone else in the east of the country? I'm so fed up with this wind :blizzard: It's really cold in Norfolk, i checked the weather and is actually warmer in Scotland where we're moving too, thumbup

xxx

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 10:27am

Rally, where in Scotland? :) Weather is really nice here, at least in Aberdeen! good luck with ur move!
Al.

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 11:11am

Al. ex, a bit further south from you, St Andrews area. I'm originally from Scotland so cant wait to come back for a while!!! :thumbsup:

xxx

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 11:29am

OMG I LOOOOVE ST ANDREWS and area, planning to apply there for my PhD :) Wow! Lucky girl :)
Al.

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 1:14pm

im now 26 weeks!!! feeling more like 36 weeks struggling with work and life really feel huge and heavy in pain with my hips and getting lots of stitch like pains lately which really hurt! dont remember getting them with my 1st?!

got my midwife appointment thursday! got lots of questions for her! need to discuss home birth and water births too hummmm should be fun.

i havent been on for ages again as been worrking sooo much i have cut down to 40ish hours a week now but still finding it hard. Lo is moving all the time and its great i love it soooo much xxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 2:11pm

Hi ladies.....

So quiet in 3rd tri chatter today. I should take it as a good excuse to get on with some work but i thought i'd pop in here instead :snigger:

A Grace - The 4D scans are amazing hun. i too have had lots of scans coming up to the 4D one but the sonographer who was very experienced reassured me she wouldnt have let me have one if she didn't think it was 100% safe. Speak to the sonographer who does them hun and they will advise u. they are an amazing experiance. xx

daisy - i keep waking up on my back too no matter how much i try not to. i even have a full length maternity pillow but still somehow end up on my back when i'm asleep. my mw told me its more important at the back end so don;t worry too much if u keep waking on your back like i do. Like rallygirl has said, by the time its uncomfortable you'll prob instinctively stay on your side in your sleep. xx

rally girl - aww your hubby sounds like mine. its lovely when we feel all looked after [zx127] Don't worry about feeling anxious for your scan hun. its our jobs as tummy mummy's and so natural to feel like that. i still have nagging worries all the time. good luck for your scan hun and i'm sure your Lo will be just fine. xx

mum - no wonder your tired hun doing 40 hrs a week. hope your getting some rest inbetween. xx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 3:48pm

I just saw my midwife, my rash seems to be viral infection :( I need to see GP tomorrow...My proper MW app is in 2 weeks. I want to discuss water birth, really dont fancy another CC!!
Al.

KJ27

Ace

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 6:19pm

Hello lovely ladies,

Al rash sounds nasty, hope it is not driving you too bonkers.

Rally girl - Glad your DH is looking after you well, mine is the same doing all the cooking and ironing and shopping, he is a star.

Daisy - The nose bleeds are not back really only when I blow my nose in the morning, I really hope they stay that way and don't get worse, it freaks me out when people have nose bleeds. I sleep on my back a lot too, I think however you can get comfy better to get a good nights sleep I say!

Hello to all the other lovely ladies.

AFM - Went to see the midwife today and heard the heartbeat which is always nice, she chased the hospital as I have had no consultant appt through, they then rang back to say I didn't need one so looks like its just community care for me, I just found out today that after the 20 week scan there are no more scans I think that is apalling, I think I will have to pay for them privately, how the hell can you go another 20 weeks without a scan!!!

I also got my new car today its a company one, I get a new one every 3 years, it a mercedees c class but the colour is a bit odd and not what I thought I ordered but hey ho, beggers can't be choosers, going back to work today was rather a chore after the lovely long break, I could def get used to not working.

Well thats all for me I think.

KJ

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 8:33pm

KJ- Im getting crazy thinking what the hell is this!!! One minute it looks ok, another my leg looks dreadful... During my first pregnancy I had plenty nose bleeds, some quite severe...so far I have only pain in sinuses...congrats on new company car :) I also sleep on my back, so far find it comfy. also can feel my baby!!!!!
Al.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 11:26pm

Cripes it be busy in here! smile2

Stace - WoW your over 18 weeks. Time flies eh! You must have your scan coming up soon. :thumbsup2:

Emma - You dirty Girty you! :blowrasp: Glad you have made the move over. Loves yer! :loco:

Al ex - Glad the MW eased any concerns over your rash. thumbup

RAllygirl - Het we all get anxious. You & bub will be just Dandy O :dancing:

Mum82 - Glad bub is moving around a lot. It is a wonderful feeling isnt it. :cheese:

Daisy & Anna - I cant see back to quote anything but please accept my love & wishes. lurve

KJ - You get a merc :what: Lucky moo. :wine:

Sorry I cant see any further back.

As for me - Heard Bubs HB today at Antenatal. :rainbow: I have also been feeling them move about for the past three days. It is only flutters and wee tiny kicks but it is just awesome. [zx016] [zx016] [zx016]
I also cant wait till Monday for our gender scan, then we have the 20 week scan on 25th May.
We are soooooooo excited to find out what we have brewing & I cant wait to get the 20 week scan over & done with, get great news & start enjoying the pregnancy and relaxing. [zx247]

Anyhoo take care all. xxxx high5

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (May 3rd 2011, 11:27pm)

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 11:34am

Im being really self-oriented recently....I just got from GP, got steroid cream for what was rash and now is something weird looking....
I had a weirdest dream ever tonight!!!! I dreamed that I gave birth not to my baby and was told by MW I will give birth to my own not sooner than next week!!!! I woke up checking if baby is still inside, really, it was so realistic that dream!!!
Al.

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 11:47am

Good Morning lovely 2nd tri ladies.

Hey Taxi, how come you have a gender scan and anomoly scan seperately??? Mine is combined. You lucky thing, glad you had a good app with m/w.

Al. ex i really hope you can get your rash sorted out hun and hopefully get it cleared up. Is it itchy?

KJ, i'm also just under community care too. I know we dont get any more scans after 20 weeks either, but we do still get regular m/w check-ups. Maternity care in this country is not great though. Hows the new car? [zx071]

Mum82, i keep getting a stitch all the time. Especially when i'm out walking. Hope you have a good app with your midwife today.

BooBoo, thanks for reassurance hun.

AFM-I'm still bit stressed. You guys are all talking about feeling your LO move and i just cant really tell if i can feel mine yet. Problem is, i'm so used to having gurgling and fluttering in my tummy, i just cant really tell when/if it's LO moving or not. Every-so-often i get a pounding feeling in my chest [zx076] which i've had before and i know it's stress related. I had an ECG and it was totally normal. Think i'm a bit weird, i dont get openly stressed and i dont flap about things but my body starts to do strange things to tell me i'm stressed out. :S Got to get a grip of myself. I'm sure once the scan is done on Fri morning i will really start to get into this pregnancy more. I feel a bit distant from LO just now but i hope that will change after scan. Not long to wait now.

Hi to all lovely ladies i've not mentioned above.

xxx

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 12:18pm

hey ladies,

Wow - taxi - can you find out so early? i thought it had to be at the 20 week scan? I can't wait to find out, what do you think yours is? I bet it will be a little girl.

rallygirl - i haven't felt any movement whatsoever, at my scan last week the Sonographer said it was usually around 20 weeks that first timers would feel something so hopefully in a few weeks we should.

Al ex - funny dream! i aslo had a weird one last night, i woke up and someone had put this little Indian newborn baby on my bedside table and said it was mine, and i was sayign "but it's Indian, it can't be" then this hand popped round the door and said "sorry, wrong one, this is yours" and put a little boy, who looked about 3 with a full head of hair but was a minuture person so only about 8 inches tall, he had a really long neck like a giraffe as well that was weak and kept flopping so i had to attach a splint to it.... quite disturbing really! glad your rash is on the mend

KJ - wow - a Merc, you are LUCKY, what do you do? do you gt to keep it while off work?

hope everyone else is good, i have my MW appt tomorrow, will be 17 + 2 so a week late, my 20 week one is also a week late as well, will that be ok do you think?

xx
Anna

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 1:06pm

Anna, what a dream you had!!! wow, weirder than mine! I usually dont remember dreams that clearly, but this one was so real...
Taxi, Rally- are you having gender scans for free at hospital???? In Aberdeen they wont tell you! If you want to know sex of the baby you have to pay loads of money private, which I think is really annoying!
Al.

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 2:41pm

Oh Anna, your dream had me rolling around in stitches lmao Isn't the human brain a strange thing???

Al.ex, yes my scan is the 20week anomoly scan which is free and if baby is well behaved we can find out the sex if we want. I do know someone who was told during a gender scan they were having a boy and it turned out to be a girl. You need to get a really good look at bubba's wee bits so hopefully he/she has their legs open for us :O . Ooer mrs!!!

xxx

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 3:05pm

at least Rally you have an option to ask, in Aberdeen are big signs everywhere- we wont tell you the gender so dont ask!!!
Al.

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 3:14pm

Gosh, that seems quite bad Al. ex. I know that in some areas of the country they wont tell parents the sex for ethical reasons, as they are worried about people aborting girls because they wanted a boy. Sounds shocking but it definitely was happening in some areas, so you can understand why they just say they wont tell. xx

KJ27

Ace

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 6:45pm

Hi all,

Rallygirl - Its not like you to be getting all stressed out, don't worry about the moving thing you know little bubba is doing just great, he is just trying to be good and not wriggle about too much, all these mad hormones are making you feel funny, keep the faith my lovely.

Anna - I really like the dream thing, very funny, my nights have been a bit less wierd recently, I wonder what causes all the mad dreams.

As for the car yes I get to keep it while I am off which is good, I am a regional sales manager so lots of driving about hence the car, not really mine though.

Al maybe best you don't get to find out the sex, it will be a nice surprise, because i know I can I want to find out because I am nosey, but it is really like opening your Christmas present in July!

Taxi - looking forward to hearing your news on Monday, are you going to tell us your guess so we can test the mothers instinct theory??

I forgot to welcome Emma, nice to hear from you, I remember you from the dreaded 2ww.

AFM - Not much to report today, feeling fine even after hiking round London for the day, hate being squashed on the tube though. Roll on the weekend.

KJ

Stace

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 7:50pm

Oh Anna, that dream was brilliant.......so funny :snigger: I keep saying to my OH what if.....we have a indian or chinese or white baby. We put all our trust into the clinics to implant the right egg and sperm and it freaks me out a little that I don't really know if its mine. Have you had the same thoughts? I was thinking maybe thats why you had the dream about the indian baby! That'll be something to explain if it comes out unlike either of us, especially as nobody knows that we had treatment :huh:

Al.ex I hope the rash is subsiding now? I used to get a lot of wierd rashes, particularly on my face and never got a proper explanation for them. Antihistamines and steroid creams normally did the trick though but understand how annoying they can be. I hope other than the rash that you are feeling ok?

Taxi - you are going for the scanathon....you are so lucky to see your little one so often. I'm going to bet its a boy, not long now. I can't wait to see how my LO has grown, it has been 7 weeks since our last encounter and mummy is very excited :happy: Only 11 days to go!!

Hello Rallygirl, it sounds like you have a lot on your mind. Moving is very stressful but try to not get too worried about it, it always works out in the end. As for feeling the baby move, there is such a broad week range of when you could feel it move you shouldn't be worried. I was not expecting to feel it until 18-21 weeks so it came as a bit of a shock when I did get the flutters. If you get lots of gurgles in your tummy anyway, it must be difficult to distinguish. I also read that where the placenta is plays a big part in it too so ask where yours is when you have your anomaly scan. I was told mine had implanted at the top of my uterus and i'm going to ask again to see if it has moved.

So KJ were you having a nice shopping day in London or is that where you live/work? Its never nice being squashed on the tube, people are so mean!! I have seen many pregnant women struggling and people just won't help/care/give them a seat........so strange!!

Hello to everyone else and welcome sultry to the 2nd tri, lovely to have another one on board. Hope you are all doing ok?

AFM, i'm just plodding on wondering when it will be Friday. Ever since I got pregnant, work really has become a chore. Oh well.....two more days to go!! Its my turn to cook the dinner tonight but I can't be bothered, secretly hoping that the OH will do it instead :snigger: I feel fatter today and starting to think my days of looking fairly normal are getting lesser. Don't get me wrong, its not like I don't like being pregnant.......in fact I find it fairly easy at present but I know as soon as I get bigger it will only result in attention, fuss and unsolicited tummy rubs!! I realise I probably sound a little ungrateful but I promise i'm not, I guess I just need to deal with it in a positive way! How is everyone else coping with the 'fuss'??

xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:35pm

Well here goes a looonnnnnnnng post!
Amazing Grace - Don't worry too much about your brown mark, unless it gets very itchy or starts to bleed. Pigment spots are quite common in pregnancy, even double layered ones. I'm dreading getting the one that seems to run in my family, the butterfly mask, where you get a dark batman style mask of pigment on your face :8o:

Daisy - I too have a dream genie and tried it the day i got it, even though I was just fat (still am!) and not "with bump". I found it great for my back, though I did use it the wrong way round for maximum benefit :snigger:

mum82 - I think we cycled together in November, for god's sake woman SLOW DOWN!!! (8 o) I'm struggling to do 40 hours now, let alone when I'm 26 weeks, I think I'll have slowed down to stop by then!

KJ - man that 2ww sofa seems such a long time ago! What kind of sales are you in? I was in medical sales up until last summer when I couldn't stand it anymore, plus I wasn't cut-throat enough. I'm like you with the company car, they're nice, but its not the same as having your own. I have a car allowance with my current job, which is fantastic for making money on fuel, but very upsetting when I look at the potential resale value ;(

Taxi - you old tart :P have you bribed moonie for some batteries now so you can do me a recording too? [zx127]

Rally - its completely normal to stress, I'm like you, I don't realise I'm stressed until my body starts doing weird things, then I go completely overboard and panic neurotically. We wouldn't be normal if we didn't stress just a ickle bit, you'll be fine, you know you will, otherwise you wouldn't have got on the rollercoaster in the first place xxx

Anna - I've been checking out your Cuba pics on fb and I'm insanely jealous. Cocktails, (non-alcoholic I hope?), white sandy beaches, massage huts, its sooooo not fair. All I've got to look forward to this year is a communal toilet in a field and everything being soggy under canvas. I can't see camping at 6 months pg being much fun :sadface: On the timings front, I was told that as you get further along, the timings don't matter as much, just as long as you're seen regularly.

Al - hows the rash hun? I live in an area that picks and chooses who they tell, but it's as Rally (ithink?) said, for ethical reasons. Even if they won't tell you, if you get a decent scan pic, there's a way you can tell. It's called the hamburger or turtle sign. Girls look like the have a hamburger between their legs, boys have what looks like a turtle!

Stace - On the getting the wrong colour baby, a few years ago, at my clinic, 2 couples did get the wrong embryos. A white couple got a "light brown" baby, as did an afro-caribbean couple. It turned out, from what I can remember, that the sperm samples had got mixed up. Also, this year, when we were starting this time, our clinic got broken into and the burglars had been into the labs. What if they had messed about with embies? It just doesn't bear thinking about.

Wow, I'm glad I wrote notes for that lot, I wouldn't have remembered it all!

AFM, a bit nervy tonight. Have got my nuchal scan tomorrow, finally, at 13+2. I went for it last week, to be told I hadn't got a green form, so basically go away. I had my dating scan, which was pointless, since I know already know my EDD. So I went back to see community midwife, demanding my green form, so I could then book an emergency scan, only to be told that she didn't have to fill it in. All this, because I live in one trust area, but want my hospital care in another. My midwife was right though, how can she counsel me, when the policies between the 2 trusts are completely different? Anyway, its now all sorted and I've squeezed in the scan just in time. I'm hoping they get a reliable measurment, since my blood test is going to be totally unreliable, even more so than normal. I'm overweight, an ex-smoker who spends time around smokers, I have a diabetic disposition, I'm almost old, and I have a naturally high HCG level, fertility clinic told me that when they were checking my betas early on. All that lumped together, they might as well send me straight for an amnio or CVS now. It wouldn't change anything, even if my risk was 100%, this baby has been sent for a reason and it will be loved no matter what, its just the not knowing, and then the putting bubba at risk to find out for sure. I've tried to console myself with listening to bubba with my doppler today, in fact practically all day, recording it, sending it to people, like its a number one hit! I can't wait to see bubba again tomorrow, 4 scans in 13 weeks is pretty good going, I now have over a dozen pictures, and will beg for more tomorrow. I just hope everything is ok, especially since DF can't be there. I'm taking a very good friend who has been through the mill a bit recently and could do with cheering up, so I hope we don't disappoint her.
I'll be back tomorrow evening with news
love to all
blowkiss

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

TTC - 5yrs,

"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:48pm

hi all

stace i know how you feel about work im starting to hate work now!! cant wait for my maternity leave to start BUT got ages yet :(

anna i have my midwidfe appointment 2morro 2 at 26 + 2 weeks! hope ur goes well hun xx

rallygirl hey hun my freind had stitch through her preg said it was where the baby was lying sideways! i think this is what my LO is doing

sultrysapphire yes i think we were! lovely yo see u on here xxxxx i have slowed down was doing 60 hours!! and def need to slow down more im exhusted :( all be worth it in the end tho! hope all is well with you

hope everyone else is well im off for a busy day 2morrow! got to take my boy plus 2 to the allotment to do lots of planting then off to the park for a picnic with the kids!! then im off to the midwife at 2pm yehhhhh
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 6:47am

A vent - I am so sorry......

Morning all,

I'm not going to do personals this morning, will catch up later on this evening.

I've had a bad couple of days at work:( On Tuesday, one of my kids attacked another one whilst I was out of the class on release so another teacher (well, a teaching assistant) was taking the class. He really punched and kicked him and tried to strangle him....
The yesterday one of my other kids threw a hissy fit because I kept him in at playtime as a result of him not having done his work the previous afternoon, he clammed up and refused to do anything for about 20 minutes, then started throwing pencils. My class were out on play so i stopped them returning to class and called for the head who then had to physically remove him, upon which he went MENTAL - to the point we nearly called the police. He has issues anyway and mum was (for a reason that was very legitimate) uncontactable but no-one else could collect him. This whole situation took about 1 and a hlaf hours to resolve. He even threw chairs at people.

I am just so fed up of my class and am worried the stress will affect my baby:( I didn't even eat dinner last night and that is just unheard of. I am really going to struggle to finish this term.

Sorry to vent, I won't go on anymore ut when you have struggled to get to this stage of a pregnancy for nearly 5 years, these hiccups in life tend to be 1000 times worse than if you were not pregnant, does that make sense?

bigcloud

My diary

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 9:04am

Daisy, hun, Im so sorry to hear that!! Big hug!!!!!! Just a little more and u wont see the children for around year!!!!! Im sending you some positive vibrations...I have school issues as well but as a mum, but nevermind that, joys of parenthood!!
Emma- rash seems to be going away after steroids....Its just since yesterday I got them so too early to say for sure, anyway leg hurt all night long, I think after cream, and this morning looks really much better!
Anna- I wish I could see your Cuba photos!!
As for gender, anyway I want to have nice 3d-4d souvenir so than I will ask :) Its expensive but who cares ;) But I like the hamburger- turtle option :D
Al.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 9:41am

Hi All.

I am paying for a gender scan which you can have from 16 weeks. I will be coming up for 18 weeks.My Hospital wont divulge the gender see at my 20 week scan.

Daisy - Sorry you are stressed with work hon. Just take a deep breath & think of bubba.

Anna - Wow great dream.

Sultry - Good luck today bubble.

Hi to everyone else and hope you are all well.

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 9:46am

Hi Ladies

I'm so sorry you're having to put up with such a tricky bunch of children Daisy. Is there no way you can have a word with your head to see if they can lighten the load for you a bit?? I just wonder what the world is coming to sometimes. Just before Xmas when i was still working at the nursery i remember restraining a 3 year old as he was going totally mental and kicking and flailing around and throwing himself on the floor and i was just trying to stop him hurting himself. It wasn't just a "normal" 3 yr old tantrum. Imagine if i'd been pregnant!! I'm sure he'd have got me in the stomach at some point. It doesn't bear thinking about. [zx127] Big hug and hope you can sort something out.

Al.ex glad the rash is starting to clear up. :)

Mum82 sounds like you've got a lovely day planned, enjoy!!

Sultry Sapphire, good luck with the scan today. :goodluck: It sounds like you're not expecting very good results but you may have a lovely surprise. Whatever the outcome, it's so lovely to see LO wriggling around. Mine was doing gymnastics at my scan. You made me laugh with your camping comments. I hate not having a holiday and would love to go camping cos anywhere abroad is def out the window this year, but dont fancy trying to get up off a blow-up bed on the ground. We could always borrow my parents caravan. DH says we dont need a holiday cos we're moving!! Not quite the same thing though, is it?? I wasn't too impressed with that comment.

Stace, i know what you mean about unsolicited tummy touching. I hate my personal space being invaded by people i dont know. I will just grin and bear it though cos i cant wait to have a proper round baby bump!!

Morning to everyone else, :goodluck: if you've got scan or m/w app today.

xxx

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 5:03pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all feeling OK. I'm still suffering with my back and rib problem but I guess it's to be expected. Just a quick post today as I'm really busy and stressed out being back at work - why don't we get pregnancy leave??

Hoping - congrats on moving to 3rd trimester - yes if you could PM me the active birth stuff I'd be grateful.

Daisy - hope you're OK - have PM'd you!

Sorry for lack of personals but have loads of school work tonight! xx

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 5:40pm

Rocky, pregnancy leave would be brrrrrilliant idea!!!! :)
Im so excited, DH booked gender scan for 21/05 :) I am really curious if Im correct thinking that it is a girl!!!!! :D
Al.

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 5:48pm

hey Ladies,

hope everyone is good today, only 1 more day till the weekend happydance

Stacy - lol - that really made me laugh about you worrying you might end up with the wrong colour baby, i totally have that fear!!! must have been why i dreamt about it, doesn't bare thinking about, am shocked it actually happened at Sultry's clinic so really shouldn't laugh at it. Oh god, now i am thinking DNA test to just be on the safeside even if it is white!

Sultry - good to have you back, Cuba was lovely thanks, i treated myself to 2 proper cocktails in the week, the rest were fakes, although very nice, kinda like slush puppies! maybe you can take them camping with you to get the old cuban vibe! Please try not to worry about the down’s risk, I know it is easier said than done, I am the same age as you and we are not that old. James has diabetes so I was worried that might have an affect, and I have PCO as well, but mine came out all ok, have you had the results yet?

Mum82 - how did your MW appt go? mine was pretty uneventful, listened to the heartbeat on her loud doppler, sounded like a dog barking loads, had a chat about stuff, she was really nice, but it wasn't really worth a round bike ride of 10 miles for in the middle of the day. oh no, i she checked my pee, i suppose that is the important thing isn't it! i have my gender & next scan on May 31st.

Daisy - oh my gosh, you poor thing, that sounds like street riots or something, how old are the kids? does it happen often? hope you didn't get too close to it all esp if chairs were getting thrown around, hope you are ok now xx

Taxi - am so jealous you get to find out so soon about your sex, how odd they don't tell you at the routine one, can you get a 4 d one this time? can't wait to hear about it.

Rallygirl - have you felt anything yet? still nothing here, mine was moving around loads at my last scan, it also looked a bit weird, like a babboon with a big overbite, i kept saying to the woman "are you sure it looks normal" as i was convinced it looked like a monkey, i found this thread though which did make me laugh and feel a bit better, amazing what some of the sonographers acutally say though! Pregnancy |
An awful thing to say but my baby scan pic is really ugly! Am quite worried |
Mumsnet Discussion

Rocky - am with you on the Pregnancy leave, that would be very nice!

AFM - MW appointment pretty uneventful, looking forward to the next scan though when we find out the sex, had a horrendous day at work yesterday, big meeting yesterday and sounds like our entire roles are going to be turned upside down to “grow the company” it won’t even be like the same job that i have been doing for 8 years and love anymore it all sounds hideous, thank god I have will be having time off - however, it means I now can't put my pre-prepared case forward of maintaining some commission or anything like that if I want to come back, so my salary will drop massively so pretty unlikely now that i will go back…… it is a real f*cker.

I also went to Pregnancy pilates, there were 2 ladies there with ginormous bumps, i thought they must have been around 36 weeks plus but only 27 weeks, i was shocked with how big they were, they were teeny tiny size 6's other than that with little stick legs poking out, i couldn't see how on earth they could get any bigger. I got told to come back when i was bigger so will just stay with the normal one now i guess.

Off for a meal tonight with PIL, want an early night as still very tired. Hope you all have lovely evenings

xxx
Anna

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 14th 2010

Children: one on the way !

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 7:25pm

Hello Ladies

Wow It's busy in here with lots of familiar people , sorry I haven't joined you earlier but life's been manic we've moved into a brand new school and its been ( and still is) totally mental.

I'm 14 weeks 5 days and growing by the day. Sickness has almost gone, 6 days of no puking went out of the window this morning but my appetite is coming back and I've a little more energy.

Sorry I haven't done any personal but a big hello to everyone, especially the old February Frollickers and FETers .I promise to keep up to speed from now on

Clairerio
xxx

Me 36, DH 38,
TTC 5 years
1 cycle ICSI - chemical pregnancy
& 1 frozen Blastacyst
FET Feb 2011- One perfect seen 8th March

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 8:02pm

Hello Clairerio!!! welcome here :) My sickness seem to be over as well so fingers crossed!
Ladies do you also have got sometimes awful feeling that your tummy is just "goin" down, which is really not comfortable!! I feel like that today. Like baby decided to push it from inside towards ground!
Al.

Friday, May 6th 2011, 6:32am

Good morning!!

Ladies, thank you so much for all your lovely messages. Things are tough at work but there really is little I can do, my head is very supportive but realistically there is nothing she can do. I have decided just to send any issues straight to her direction, then they can see what i really deal with on a day-to-day situation!!

Clairerio - nice to see you finally made it over here!! i was wondering how the school move went. I am sure things will settle down soon. I bet it's lovely working in a school that is all nice and sparkly new!! You are so lucky, our school was one of the schools that had it's building renovations cancelled.

Anna - my kids are year 4 & 5. So sad tha they are like that!! That link you posted about ugly baby scans had me laughing so loudly!! It was excellent reading as I am very worried about the size of the nose on my scan! What is your job? Sounds like there is a lot going on. It will feel strange when the changes happen but usually things will settle quickly.

Rocky - yes, I would also second your idea for pregnancy leave. It would be brilliant if we were at least entitled to a couple of weeks discretionary leave when pregnant! What subject do you teach? I don't know how you can teach secondary if Waterloo Road is anything to go by!!!

Alex - when are you having your 3D scan? Is that the same time you are having your gender scan? We are thinnking of having one, even if they do look like cabbage patch kids!!! Like you say, it will be a lovely souvenir.

Rallygirl - thanks for your comments. We all have a shit time at work at some point or another, but whyyyyyy does it have to be during pregnancy??? I like your idea of going away in a caravan. We want to get away but don't want to spend a ton of money on going abroad and yes, getting up off a blow up mattress could be interesting!! Where would you go?

Taxi - how are things going? is soldier boy still home or has he been redispatched somewhere?

To everyone else - am so sorry I can't see further back, but big hugs to those lovely baby bumps!!

AFM - i had my 16 week appointment yesterday. All went well, m/w is very happy. She tried to find the heartbeat and it took her ages, I didn't have the heart to tell her I have a doppler and it takes me seconds to find it! I was dying to take it off her and have a go myself. HB was 153 so happy with that.
We also have a scan tomorrow - it's our final appointment with my private consultant for repeated loss so happy that he will discharge me tomorrow. Am wondering if we will get a sneaky peek at the gender too! hope so!!
Have a great day....

IT'S FRIDAY!!!! :weehee:

My diary

Stace

Friday, May 6th 2011, 8:08am

Morning all

Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday Daisy, that kid sounds like a real handful......I hope I don't get one like that!! I agree that if your head is very supportive, make the most of sending the bad behavers her way, you don't need the stress at this special time. You must be on the countdown to maternity leave.....I know I certainly am!! Hope you have a better day today and the scan appt goes well, with perhaps a sneaky peek of either a humburger or turtle LOL!!

Sultry - I am officially more scared about getting the wrong baby!! Absolutely mental that your clinic had so many incidences of tampering......accidentally or not!! I feel like contacting my clinic to ask them now :snigger: I am going to scrutinise my 20 week scan images closely just in case there are some tell-tale signs LOL! So how was your scan? Was your friend cheered up?

Al.ex glad to hear the rash is going, and you were so quick in booking your gender scan. Are you hoping for a girl as you have a son already? Not long to find out :thumbsup:

Awwww Rocky, pregnancy leave is the best suggestion I have ever heard of........shall we start signing a petition/put the idea to the government?? Hahaha........we should be so bloody lucky in today's climate but worth dreaming about!! Don't work too hard missy!

Hey Anna - sorry to hear about your work/job being changed. It seems its all change at the moment sadly. I work for local government where 'cuts' and 'change' are mentioned daily, its not a nice feeling knowing that when you are about to have a baby is it!! Don't lose heart just yet though, it may work out more positively that initially thought and if you have been doing the job for 8 years you must be appreciated ALOT!! I had to chuckle at the 'ugly scan pic' link and your comments about having a little monkey growing inside you.......that'll be your next weird dream :snigger:

Welcome Clairerio, I remember you from 1st tri........glad to hear you are starting to feel better these days :happy: Its great when you do and you suddenly forgot how horrendous you looked/felt once you are human again. Look forward to catching up with you properly x

Sorry to anyone I have missed personally but hope you and the bubba's are cooking up nicely :happy:

AFM, time to get ready for work. Sooooooooo glad its Friday, I was asleep by 10pm as feeling knackered at the end of another busy week. Might give the midwife/doctor a call today as i'm sure I didn't feel any movement yesterday and also found a lump in my boob!! I always think I don't want to bother them but thats what they are there for isn't it!! Not sure if the lump is pregnancy related but guess its better to get it checked out. Added worries seem to be a feature of this week in the 2nd tri don't they?!?! Well ladies, will catch up with you later xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Friday, May 6th 2011, 11:04am

Just a quick post as am snowed under with work. Am really happy after yesterdays scan. As you can see, I'm now cooking a little person! Or should I say not so little! Despite being 13+2, bubba was measuring over 14, ooops! I think its my cracking diet of greggs pasties and easter eggs :snigger:
Baby was not happy about having to sit still for the nuchal measurement, in fact it took the sonographer a good 10 minutes and some flukey luck to get a half decent capture to measure, which came out at 1.6mm woohoo
She also tried really hard to look for "bits and pieces" for me, since she is renowned in the hospital for being spot on. She sexed all her own 3 children at 12 weeks on scan and was right. She even plays a game with herself, sexing babies at 12 weeks and then seeing if she was right at 20 weeks and apparently she's rarely wrong.
However, my little mite was not going to play ball, or perhaps thats what it was trying to do, because she said that she had never seen such a wriggly baby!
We are all floating on cloud 9 at the moment, pregnant life is good again!
SultrySapphire has attached the following files:
  • 13+2 five.jpg (2.81 kB - 178 times downloaded - latest: Sep 12th 2011, 8:46am)
  • 13+2 one.jpg (3.13 kB - 178 times downloaded - latest: Sep 12th 2011, 8:46am)

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

TTC - 5yrs,

"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

Friday, May 6th 2011, 11:42am

anna hey hun yes my midwife was good thanks had lots of tips to help my hips and we had a nice chat about home birth and water births but she didnt think i was funny getting all organised about my birth at only 26 weeks!! ohhh hope end of may comes round quick for you for ur scan?!

clairerio welcome hun hope ur sickness stays away

daisy ohhh hope they let u have a peak at the gender hun, good luck xxx hope things get better at work for u hun :)

stace everything is worth checking hun but lumps prob just hormones ect from pregnancy! i had 2lumps that were thank god fine before my ivf and pregnacy and they told me at clinic not to worry if i find any during treatment or pregnancy cos the hormones, milk coming in ect would make it worse!! hope ur well and baby doing well xxxx

sultry ahhhhhhhh what gorgeous pictures!!! its so nice isnt it xxxx

AFM well i have a day off very rare again but my little boy is at school to day and i miss him lots!!! so sad arnt I. hehe be nice to have a little one at home again to look after! only 14/16 weeks to go for me?! ohhhh exciting
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Friday, May 6th 2011, 1:02pm

Afternoon Ladies

Mum82 wow only 14 weeks left, time is going by pretty quick isn't it?

Sultry, fab pics hun, you've got a wee gymnast in there!!

Stace, lumps in boobs always make us bit nervous dont they? I'm sure it's nothing but as you said, it's what the m/w's are there for. I know what you mean about not wanting to hassle them.

Hey Daisy, at least you do have a supportive head teacher. I was thinking of taking DH to visit some beautiful parts of Scotland in the caravan once we move, we'll see if i feel up to it. Good luck with your scan!!

Welcome Clairerio, glad to see you in 2nd tri. Lots of chatter here.

Hello all other lovely mums to be, hope you all have a good weekend.

AFM-Well, scan went really well. Had a fab sonographer who talked us through the whole thing and LO is just fine and dandy in there and looking lovely and healthy, big weight off our shoulders. BUT!!! Little rascal would not play ball and so we haven't found out what we're having!!! I'm really disappointed but at least we know LO is absolutely fine. My placenta is a little close to my cervix at the mo so i need another scan at 34 weeks just to double check it has moved away from the cervix. xfingers it will have moved cos my uterus has got a lot more stretching to do. Anyway, not gonna worry about that yet, it's way too soon. At least i get another free scan i wasn't expecting. DH now agrees we cant wait till that scan to find out what we're having so will most def be booking a 4d one as soon as we've moved.

Enough waffle, going away for a couple of nights this afternoon so wont be on again till Monday most likely. Have a fab weekend lovelies!!!

xxx

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Friday, May 6th 2011, 4:11pm

AHHHHH i keep losing my posts!!!!

Daisy sorry about the kids, glad your head supportive. Glad 16wk appointemnt went well.

Mum and Txi I had SPD in last pregnancy and didn't see physio till 34wks, she taught me not to open legs to far (not what your thinking :snigger: ) for example getting in and out of car, rolling over with legs togther to get out of bed and not to have usual on back legs apart delivery, she was very good and really helpful, also advised to sleep with pillow between legs so hips didn't sag.

Sultry lovely piccies

Rallygirl sorry you could see sex, fingers crossed baby good for next scan

Al.ex glad to hear rash getting better

Anna hope work doesn't change too much before you leave

Hello to everyone else I know I have missed plenty of people so many of you to catch up with

AFM For the last few weeks I have had niggles about a few things including a very borderline neuchal result. I also had no contact from m/w re 16wk appointment so took it upon myslef to call someone I previously worked with in the children centre and she has taken on my care. So yesterday I had my appt, heard the HB and felt better, then I told her my worries so we nipped to see the sonographer who bless her did a quick scan, all seemed good with baby so of course reduced my worries. (just needed to know how baby was, wouldn't have changed anything). Then last night I had some fresh blood on wiping and today old blood - so now I'm freaked again. I was naughty and went to work first thing has had an important meeting, got upset with my lovely colleagues and came home by 10.30 and been in bed ever since. I haven't been to see anyone as here they wouldn't see you till you over 18wks and would just say bed rest. still have very slight period type aches but that could just be normal growing or not !!!!!!!!!!! I have also been lifting DS more so that will now stop again bless him, he is so clingly at the moment

Sorry for the moan, thankyou for listening XXXXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Friday, May 6th 2011, 5:24pm

Hi everyone,

Thank god it's friday! Only done 4 days this week but feels like a lifetime - don't know how I'll cope with 5 days next week.
Ali - sorry to hear about your bleeding. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but sounds like your doingthe right thing being in bed. Why will no-one see you at this point? Where do you live?
Rallygirl - congrats on your scan. Don't know much about placenta issues ...but at least you get another scan!
Mum82 - it's good that you've been able to have a proper chat with your midwife - mine never seems to have time for me. Are you going to have a home birth then? I've considered it but it does make me nervous. What about if you need pain relief (I'm sure I will you see!!)
Sultry - lovely scan pictures - your LO is coming along just find. Sounds like you have a real mver in there!
Stace - I'm also knackered and can beat your 10pm most night - very sad!! I'm sure the lumps in your boobs are pregnancy related. Up to about 14 weeks I had some really strange 'rocks' in my boobs - that's the only way I can describe them - never known anything like it. I'm like you and don't like to bother anyone about things. But worth getting them checked for peace of mind.
Daisy - glad everything went well with your 16 week appointment. Hope things are better at work. I teach food - which has got lots of benefits as most kids like it....but it's totally draining as well cos I'm on my feet all the time rushing about in a hot room. Doesn't mix well with pregnancy. Secondary is tough - too much attitude from the kids. I too have some kids that I feel vulnerable with - one yr10 boy threw a hot baking tray across the room a few weeks back and they've not removed him despite me saying I'm concerned about safety. Counting down the days till end of term!!

AFM - tired and feeling quite bloated now. Still getting the back and rib pains - don't know how much longer I can put up with it. I'm seeing the MW next Friday so will try and speak to her about it. Keep feelng stressed about all sorts of things. I wish I could just relax and switch off for a bit. Hope you all have a good weekend xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE