You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 7:30am

Mum82 - Hi SPD is "Symphsis Pubis Dysfunction" I believe.
Well I dont quite know what I have but I am only 15 weeks preggo & it feels like someone has took a run & jump kick at my poor hoo ha.
It is not so bad when I sit but when I walk well I am a waddling like a duck. Only had it since Friday afternoon after taking the dogs for a run. It is not nice.
I am not sure if thats the same thing you have or if I even need to be worried at this point.
All i know is that it isnt very nice. All worth it in the end though.

Anyhoo! Hope you are all having a choccy filled Easter.
Sorry Allie I forgot to welcome you.
HAve fun all.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Apr 24th 2011, 7:35am)

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 8:04am

Hi to all new ladies on the 2nd tri, it's really lovely in here and everyone is very friendly.

You'll like your new home ;)

Have caught up with the last page of posts, so rather than do personals, hope you don't mind - will do 'topics'

Maternity clothes - should fit you straight away, apart from if you've got a over the bump band. I got size 10 from NEXT and they looked ridiculous, then got size 8 and they fit straight away...not tight and still have room to grow. Same as for Topshop, size 10 (my usual size) was too big, so got a size 8. How nice feeling svelte in pregnancy :snigger: So Rocky - I would change the size,if it doesn't fit by now, and you're well into your 2nd tri, you need to swap.

Best places for maternity clothes -

NEXT, but order a size less, Mamas and Papas ONLINE, as they do discounted clothes, H&M, I think their clothes tend to be good for late pg, as their shirts were very long and looked quite tent like. I haven't bought any from there, but might go back towards then end of my pg. New Look, Topshop. I have bought clothes that I can wear for work and at home. Tried to get all co-ordinating clothes too, as it can cost a bomb!!!

Baby supplies - thanks philippa for the heads up on cheaper baby gear! you got a great discount overall on all your baby gear!

Cord donation - thanks taxi for recommending, I am definetly going to mention to my mw on wed. I think I would like to do that.

AFM - ended up in hospital on thur night. Had been having pains low down (just above pubic area) and they got worse, lasted for more than 24 hours, whereas before I have had pains that have come and gone. So phoned 24 hr mw, expecting to be told, rest and put your feet up, itll be ok. But was told I should go in to see them and get checked out. Anyway, they tried to listen to baby's HB but she couldn't find it for ages (and I am 22 weeks, so that should put your mind at rest taxi) because LO was racing round in there doing laps!!! They did a swab (lovely..not!!) and checked my wee. All looking clear, neck of womb closed. Said they thought pains were muscular or skeletal stretching. As I am quite a small lady in height and proportions, they said there's a lot of stretching to be done, so not to worry. Was so scared driving to hospital, had been crying at the thoughts of anything going wrong with our precious LO.

Whilst we were there, DH told me off, as I am doing long hours at work. Last mon, tue, wed 8am-6pm, then work at home, thur 7.30am - 6pm which resulted in a hospital visist.

Think I need to heed the warnings of my body, but find it hard to slow down. DH said I am carrying on as if I am not pg, and the last 3 years have had us in emotional turmoil, and I certainly don't want to risk endangering anything.

ANyone else finding it hard to ease off???

Anyway, will ramble for no longer, other than to say Happy Easter lovely bumpalicious ladies!! :easter3:

:easter: Love tt xxxxxxxxxxxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

Reg: Apr 26th 2009

Children: son 11 ICSI daugther 18 months

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 8:40am

:yuk: OMG I just got sick at work....

my oh my when it will stop????!!!! :whoops:

I looked into boots sale- quite good really! Thinking of buying few things....(yyyy not too early???....) but really waiting for May NCT sale :)
I bought my maternity clothes ( I needed pants and underwear) both in ASDA and Mothercare...I need to buy more, as I need something for excersises (I work in sports centre and have free classes for pregnant women!) and black smart trousers for work...weather is lovely and I am stuck at work till 2 pm....booo.
Enjoy ladies this sunny day!
:easter4:
Al.

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 9:06am

Hello ladies

Booboo - loved your 4d scan pic on FB. She's beautiful. Hope you're enjoying Whitby xx

Taxihome - how sweet of your DH to do that and great you have had some reassurance. I have a posterior placenta too hun. I thought I'd feel kicks sooner than others but I didn't. Re your link about cord blood donating, DH has actually said he wants to keep ours in storage should our little boy ever get sick in the future. I know it as 'Placenta cord banking'. I believe it costs quite a bit but I think it will be so worth it. It's a great idea, whether you keep it for your child or donate it xx

Alie - glad the sickness has eased. How long you going to Spain for? I would love a holiday but don't think we'll be going abroad for a while yet, at least until the baby is about 10 months old. We'll just go for weekends away in the UK I think xx

Stace - you probably are feeling your baby move now. I felt it from around 16/17 weeks, just light movements in my belly when I lay down and if I had my hands on my belly I could feel it too. It's amazing isn't it? xx

Welcome Ailly. Under 9 stone and 13 weeks pregnant? Wow!! I can't even remember the last time I weighed that LOL. I was 9 stone 13 when I got pregnant (I'm 5 foot 7) and I must admit it did take a while to go up and then the past few weeks I have put on a good half a stone. I'm 27 weeks today and now weight 11 stone 5. It doesn't bother me though, I love it. Fortunately it is mainly bump though my thighs are tad larger LOL xx

Rocky - re maternity clothes I bought size 12 Next work pants and they bury me. I do think they're made bigger. Normally a size 12 on my fits comfortably (when I wasn't pregnant that is). I have bought size 14 dresses though as I need extra room for my large boobies LOL! Gone from a 36B to a 38D xx

Welcome Al. ex. Good luck for your nuchal scan next week xx

Tinyteacher - sorry to hear you had to go to hospital. I think you should definitely start taking it easy. I am finding I get out of breath more now as the little one is not letting my lungs fill up as much as they use to. I work 8 - 4:30pm and find that a long day as I have an hours travel either side of that! I think I may reduce my hours as I near maternity leave, just by an hour or two a day. I'm also finding now when I do my normal housework I get more tired from doing it. I want to carry on as normal but my body is telling me to rest so I think we should listen to it hun. Can I just ask, as I note you're from Manchester like me, which hospital are you having your baby at? I'm at Stepping Hill xx

Hi to anyone else I have missed. I'm feeling OK though getting more tired as the weeks go by. Can't believe I'm 27 weeks already and in a weeks time I'll be in the 3rd tri happydance

Kitchen is almost complete. Just need the tiler to come in, the decorator to paint and the lads who fitted the kitchen need to come and tidy up any snags. I have already inspected it all and done my list of stuff I want finishing off LOL! It should be all finished by next weekend though. We now have cooking facilities so had our first meal at home last night, which was nice. I think I am going to be a bit obsessive though with keeping it clean. I'm a clean freak anyway but when DH was cooking I was wiping round after him and he was like will you just chill we'll clean it when we've finished LOL! I noticed also that when I was putting the food in the cupboards I put the tins in with the labels facing forward - like Sleeping with the Enemy!!! WTF?! I hope it's not going to become an OCD LOL!

My little boy is constantly wriggling about and my belly moves loads now. I watch it in fascination. I've yet to see his foot stick out properly and can't wait for that.

I'm off work all next week smile2 , shame the warm weather isn't going to continue but never mind. I'm meeting a friend for lunch one day, going shopping with mum another day, at the hairdressers and we have our 4D scan on Thursday. Can't wait for that.

Anyway, I'm off to go and wake DH up with a cuddle.

Happy Easter everyone :easter3: Eat lots and lots of chocolate because it's now we have an excuse to eat as much as we want :winking:

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 9:11am

Oh and re maternity clothes I got a maternity dress from New Look for the bargain price of £8. It was in the sale. I've never found anything there before so was really chuft to stumble across this yesterday. I find dresses are so much more comfier as you get to 20+ weeks. I also wear leggings and long floaty tops.

Ebay is another good place to find maternity clothes (you can filter it for new only). If any of you wear black tights for work M&S do some great maternity tights. They have been a god send for me as I wear dresses more for work now but like to cover my legs (unless I have tanning cream on LOL) and these tights are so comfy and reasonably priced at £6 a pair.

I am really struggling though to find a dress for a wedding I am going to in May. I could probably get away with a normal dress, one that nips in under the bust and flares out but I can't find one anywhere. If anyone has any recommendations do tell me. I've browsed all the usual websites and googled but can't find one I like. Ideally I'd like a dress in a blue, pink or green rather than boring black.

xx

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 9:21am

Good morning Ladies and Happy Easter! :easter5:

Alex - Welcome to 2nd tri! sorry you are still being sick, am sure it will ease off soon for you. I had a look at ASDA clothes but wa slightly unimpressed with the range.

TT - I did have a little chuckle. you are being such a teacher, responding in TOPICS!!! You had such a scare, how are you feeling now my lovely? And yes, I also think you are most likely over doing it. You need to step off the peddle and think that your baby needs you to rest!!

Taxi - OH NO!! That sounds painful. Have you spoken to your m/w? You are right in saying it will be worth it but if you can alleiviate the pain somehow? I really don't know what to suggets for you, hopefully someone will pop along with some suggestions xxxxx

Hoping - great news on your kitchen! YOu are not getting OCD don't worry! I think it's NKS - New Kitchen Syndrome haha! I suffered from that badly when we had our kitchen done two years ago. Don't worry though, when the baby arrives that will cure that :snigger:

mum82 - what can be done for SPD? I am such a novice with things like this. Will it go away after pregnancy or is it something you will always have?

Rallygirl- How are those Easter eggs going? Have you eaten them all or are you pacing youself?? :licklips:

Shinealight - I think your idea of charging for dopler entertainment is a really good one!! Did you go for a nice walk or did you end up slobbing. I know which option I would have chosen!! [zx176] hehehehe!!

Stace - lucky you not having to buy maternity wear yet! I'm bursting out all overthe place:(

To everyone else (I can't see any further back) hope you are all BUMPTASIC!!!!

AFM - we survived the in-laws and I am back home now. We are having our longed for slobbing out day today. Watching Andrew Marr first, then applying for Olympic tickets, then telly or a film. Not sure what the plan is after that!! Obviously no Eatsre eggs in our house given my distaste for chocolate at the moment but I have a jumbo bag of skittles I will demolish at some point. I got an appointment letter through today for my consultant appointmement. Is anyone else on a consultant pathway? I don't know why I have been put on it, could it be because of all the losses? Surely it's not just because it's an IVF baby? Anyone with any experience of this???

Well, wishing you all a lovely Bank Holiday - short week next week ladies! YAY!!

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 10:56am

Hi ladies,

I think it is about time I made the jump to the second trimester, i am just over 13 weeks and feel ready to jump in with you lovely ladies.

Daisy I also have to see the consultant because it is a ICSI baby, not entirely sure what he will talk to me about but I do need to see him at some point, apparently I should get an appointment in the post, already had the nuchal scan and the fluid measured 1.3 which was okay but still need bloods results through.

Taxi sorry you are in pain, you really are going through the mill, i really hope things ease off for you.

Off to Spain Tuesday so may not be around for a bit but just wanted to come on and say happy Easter to you all.

KJ

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 1:14pm

KJ - Welcome to the 2nd tri!!! Thank you for the info re: consultant. Feel a bit more reassured now.

Another question for you ladies - had my NT scan 11 days ago now and not had the results back (i.e. my "risk"). Anyone know how long I can expect to wait? If there was a problem would they have phoned me??

My diary

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 4:38pm

Happy Easter Sunday Folks

DH is clearing out the shed and i've just baked a cake for friends coming round tomorrow so having a wee rest and a browse on here.

Taxi, i'm afraid i've got no clue what could be causing your pain, could it be a pulled muscle?? Hope it settles down soon.

Daisy, think different hospitals prob have different ways of doing things re scans. A copy of your result will def have been sent to your M/W so maybe worth ringing her in case hospital are just being slow with your letter. I am pacing myself with the eggs :easter:

Welcome KJ, great to see you here.

Hoping, you made me giggle with your OCD and sleeping with the enemy comments. I'm anything but house proud i'm afraid. :O

Al. ex hope the sickness eases off soon, bet you're a bit fed up with it now.

TT, you def need to slow down. Bet it was scary. You're putting me to shame, sitting around on my beam end all day!!

Mum82, i really sympathise with you. [zx127] My big sis had severe SPD and did have to use crutches for a bit but only right at the end of the pregnancy. It's a good excuse to sit with your feet up!! Dont worry Daisy, it def goes away once you've had baby.

Cant see any further back folks so hi to everyone else in 2nd tri.

AFM, still eating chocolate. I've baked a cake for tomorrow for friends and it is death by chocolate!!! With mini eggs on top!!! Can feel my arteries clogging up just looking at it.
There's loads of chat about mat clothes. I've not really bought any yet but found some decent stuff in Peacocks and its cheap. Hoping77, i've got lots of empire cut dresses as DH has lots of formal do's we go to. I must admit i've bought most of them on the high street at Debenhams or Wallis but obviously it depends what you like. I've got a wedding at the end of Aug and i'll be about 35 weeks by then, was just thinking of buying a nice maxi summer dress with a nice bolero jacket if it's cooler.

Well, i've waffled enough. Bye for now!!!

xxx

Monday, April 25th 2011, 8:15am

Hi girls,

:P to daisy, and my teacher organisational skills, made me chuckle that you'd picked up on that...I hadn't done 'TOPICS' on purpose but now when I think about it :snigger:

Hoping - I'm at Salford Royal, or Hope that was. Where is stepping hill? Your kitchen ocd sounds like something I would do!!! It will wear off eventually and you will be too busy when your LO makes an appearance!! :D

Daisy - Consultant appt - we had a consultant appt. and we ended up conceiving naturally. I wouldn't be overly concerned, but think it's really good that you are meeting with your consultant so soon. We had a mw appt at 7 weeeks, consultant appt at 12 weeks alongside scan, then scan at 20 weeks but no appt. and next appt is with consultant at 30 weeks. MW appts in between. So don't worry, I;m sure every local authority has their own policy.

Rally girl - you sound as though yo've got a lovely wardrobe!! The cake sounds blooming marvellous!!! If only our laptops were scratch and sniff and we could smell the choc !!!

Daisy - we had to wait 2 1/2 weeks for results of blood tests for downs. I ended up phoning up in the end.

Hey KJ, welcome to 2nd tri. Have a fab time in Spain!! Will look forward to your posts when you return. :o)

Al ex. am so sorry you are having such bad sickness still. Is it eased by eating? It used to help me to make sure I had something to nibble on.

AFM - I have put a stone on since i have been pg. I read somewhere that from now on the weight gain should be 225g a week, that's about 1 lb I think. So I will be 2 1/2 stone heavier by the end. Have put it on my tum mainly and people are describing me as 'all bump' but I can tell me thighs are slightly larger too. I am not bothered in the slightest really, as I plan to power push my pram when baby is here and we live at the bottom of a hill!!! Plus, and you are all in the same boat, we can all cover up our extra tyres with winter woolies!!! :thumbsup:

Went to see friends yesterfday and they phoned to tell us before we went that their little girl had hand, foot and mouth viral infection. They asked if we still wanted to go as I am pg. Googled it (as had never heard of it before) and said no or no known risk to expectant mothers. Anyone heard of it?!!

Dh finally felt our LO move last night. Hand on my tum and felt a big kick, or elbow!! : D

Has anyone got any suggestions for girl's names? I love Poppy but DH isn't keen. My second favourite is Ruby.

Enjoy the sun M2B (mothers to be!) grouphug
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

My diary

Monday, April 25th 2011, 2:53pm

Hello lovely ladies and hope you have all had lovely Easters,

Not going to do personals as have loads of unpacking to do and am just quickly coming on here to check how you are all doing. We just got back around lunchtime today after our mammoth shopping trip in the UK. I think i'm almost sorted (!!!), just the big things to buy for the nursery, nappies (going to order 6 real ones and give them a go before going the whole hog) and a few other bits and pieces. It is all just upstairs in the nursery and will be sorted at a much later date though! Was so lovely browsing the baby sections and I must admit it was hard not to go overboard with clothing! Just bought the basics - vests, sleepy suits etc as all the other clothing is either pink or blue/boy or girl and we don't know what we are having yet. Did get a couple of new born neutral coloured outfits, one which baby will come home from the hospital in. I am feeling very organised, but this would never have happened if we hadn't been living abroad!! We also had a lovely time catching up with family and friends, lots of lovely meals out and the weather was beautiful too, so couldn't have asked for better. Feeling revived! Back to work tomorrow, although no kids until Wednesday, which is nice!

Lots of talk about maternity clothes. To be honest i've not bought that much and have had loads given to me on loan, some lovely and some really frumpy! The best stuff seems to be Next or H and M. I bought maternity jeans from Next, which are fantastic, although like people have been saying they are pretty big made, which I have found Next to be in their normal clothing range anyway. For tops I have been wearing a lot of my usual tops, which are tight on my bump, but i think look nice and I bought quite a few tops in next that are looser and have a draw string that generally ties under the bump - those have been good. Other than that I bought dresses that gave room for an expanding bump, mainly for work, but those weren't maternity and I have loads of long and short maxi dresses types suitable for summer. I got a lovely white one from New Look when I was over, again not maternity, but a style that gives way for big belllies! I have been given loads of feeding tops for after the baby is born, but to be honest I don't think i'll wear them. Will keep them and see, but at the moment I'm looking at them thinking they are very frumpy and i'd rather choose nice clothing that is easy to feed from. Will just have to wait and see.

Lots of love xxx

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Monday, April 25th 2011, 7:22pm

hey all
taxi yes it is that and keep an eye on ur pain and let midwife know mine started very early but i just put it down to working to much! my hips are now where i feel it the most and ouch do i feel it :(
daisy it wont get better and nothing they can do really! wait for appointment with physio to give me support bet apparently and maybe crutches!!! which wont go down well with work lol
might have to go to new look and find a dress for the wedding in june tho!! as i still cant find anything

hope everyone is well?? i was untill my dog knocked me over!! ouch right onto my hip!!! ouch ouch ouch
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 1:43am

Morning Ladies,
I hope we all had a wonderful easter and enjoyed which-ever festive treats have taken our fancy at this time he he.
Tinyteacher, sorry to hear you were in hospital, I'm glad everything was ok. I find it hard to ease off doing things too!! yesterday I was running around the garden with my nephew and even went on the trampoline until I got shouted at by my sister (I wasn't really bouncing much) but I hate not being able to do things when I feel physically able!!
AL welcome to 2nd tri. Do you know where you intend to get sports clothes from? I'm just wearing normal vest tops which are stretchy but they don't really give me much support.
Hoping, placenta cord banking is very expensive and when my sister looked into it there was not a lot they could actually do with the stem cells from it at present so she decided against it. (that was 2 years ago so things might have changed) They only kept it so long then you had to pay agiain too!! I'm glad the kitchen is coming along for you, will be great when its finished and you can enjoy being OCD!! As for dresses, new look had a few colours (I got a blue one) its only basic but could easily be dressed up with flowers etc. for a wedding
Daisy, we tried booking olympic tickets today too!! Fingercrossed we get some. With my nucal scan I was told they would ring me within a week if there was any problem otherwise I would get a letter within 3 weeks (hope thats the same for you)
Welcome KJ, are you off to spain for a holiday?
Rallygirl, I have a wedding in august too when I'll be 38weeks so I'm hoping that a maxiderss will do me!! How was the cake?
Amazing grace, glad you enjoyed your UK visit, sounds like you picked up lots of bits.
Mum82, sorry to hear your dog knocked you over, I hope you are not in too much pain.
Rocky, with maternity clothes I have found that different places size very differently. For example, even trying itlms on in the same shop I ended up buying a mixture of 8's and 10's (i'm usually an 8), I think you really have to try for size. Pumpkin patch are still my favourite though, i managed to get some denim shorts in the sale for £7!!
Sorry if I've missed anyone, jope you are well too.
Well it has been a hot weekend but I've had so much fun. Went to my sis on sat for her twins 2nd bday and then sunday we had our easter hunt. I'm not really big on chocolate but was given loads, also trying not to pile on too much weight before the wedding so wont be eating any until after my holiday!!
Sat was a little too hot for me and I had to keep going inside and lying down!! I'm hoping that the heat doesn't effect me as much in cyprus as I eill have a pool very close by (not making you jealous I hope). I managed to fit into the bridesmaids dress (just) but I think if I wore it in the heat I would faint. I therefore got my mum to have a look at it and she thinks she can find me an inch up top, which will hopefully give me some breathing space!! The bride kept asking me how it fit, I was honest with her and she hasn't replied since!! We had someone view our house on friday and she offered us the asking price so now we have to try and find ourselves somewhere to live!! I'm not going to get stressed over it though.
I hope you are all going to enjoy your short weeks at work, problem is we loose track of time. I have to pack for cyprus by saturday and I keep thinking I've loads of time but I really haven't. managed to get the midwife to make a visit on wednesday to give me the all clear before I fly off though,so I should be less stressed about that!!
Speak to you later ladies. xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 6:41am

Good Morning All,

Hope you had a super Bank Holiday weekend - another long one on the way - and I CAN'T WAIT!!! I think I am in the minority as I am sooooo excited about the wedding! Pretty dresses and lots of happy people, PERFECT!!!

Adreamz - yes, I am very jealous of you swanning off to Cyprus!! Seriously, hope you have a great time and the wedding goes well. Glad the briedsmaid dress issue seems to be getting sorted!
I hope the same applies with my nuchal scan results. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and I am now thinking that if there had been a problem they would have called me by now.

Mum - ouch!! Hopefully the physio will be able to give you some coping strategies.

Amazing Grace - I shan't ask how much you spent!! Sounds like you had a brilliant shopping trip, glad you did so well. Did you manage to get any bargains?

TT - I love the name Poppy!! If I could, I would choose that for mine but our surname would be AWFUL with it!! Do you find it really hard with names and associating them with kids you have taught? We are having a NIGHTMARE!! I like Niamh for a girl or Oscar for a boy but DH doesn't like Naimh so I am working on it!

Rallygirl - Are you still alive after all that chocolate? You haven't exploded?? :snigger: I think the maxi dress is going to be the way forward this summer for us lot!! I am praying for a crap summer so we don't suffer too much!

KJ, Alex, Taxi, Hoping and anyone else (so sorry I can't see further back and my memory is RUBBISH!!!) Hope you are well and relaxed after the weekend.

AFM - all is well in Daisyland. Life is good but I am SO tired all the time, almost more than in the first tri!! I read that it could be a side effect of coming off the steroids so will hopefully get better over the next week or so. Hoping the weather cools down a little as my classroom is very stuffy.

Have a wonderful day

My diary

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 11:48am

hi everyone,

Thanks for all the advice about maternity clothes.Actually I've worked out that the trousers from asda are adjustable at the sides - can't remember who mentioned that they may adjust but it's a good job as I was ready for taking them back - didn't even think of looking!! so at least I have something to wear for work now next week!

Tinyteacher - sorry to hear you've been in hospital. It must have been really worrying but it's best not to take any chances. I too am finding it hard to slow down. I tend to forget I'm pregnant at work and still feel as though I should be doing the same as always. Having said that though....I think I'm a pretty crappy teacher at the moment as I have no enthuasiasm for it.

Adreamz - yes you are making us jealous with your talk about jetting off to Cyprus. It will be lovely at this time of year and shouldn't be too hot. I struggled with the heat this weekend as well - I'm secertly hoping that we're not in for a heatwave this summer as I don't think I'll cope. Any other year it would be great!

Daisy - try not to worry about your results. I think mine took about 3 weeks or so but they did say if anything was wrong they would ring me and that would be after 1-2 weeks. So maybe your hospital is the same?

Hoping - I'm at Stepping Hill - small world. I've only been there twice though as yet and have never been to that hospital previously so don't know much about it. I had a choice of there or St Mary's. I was tempted to go for St Mary's but it's further away and I could see it being a stressful journey in labour. At Spepping Hill there was a baby that was misdiagnosed around Christmas - he had swine flu and they didn't pick it up. That put me off a bit but like I say I don't know much else of it. Have you had a tour of the maternity unit yet?

Hi to everyone else and hope you're all OK xx :)

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 8:21pm

Hi ladies! Just wanted to post a quickie to say got my scan results back today!!!

Downs risk = 1:5460
Trisonomy 13/18 = 1:49799

I'll take those!! My background risk for downs started at 1:306 so that's a really good adjustment.

The BETA HCG was 18.08 - what is that in thousands? Just curious..

has the site been down this afternoon/evening????

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 9:34pm

Hey all.

Daisy - Great risk rate honey. My beta HCG was much higher .2,5. Thats why I had a high risk also my age of course.
Amazing Grace - Wow sounds like some shopping trip. Well done.
Adreamz - Glad you fit in your bridesmaid dress.
Mum82 - Ooooh it sounds horrid. My pain is at its worse when I get up from being still for a while. I also walk like I have messed my pants.
Tiny Teacher. A stone is not so bad atall. I am 2 stone heavier since stating IVF in Nov.
KJ - Have a lovely time in Spain my lovely.

Hope everyone else is well.

AFM - Had a massive scan today at the University College Hospital to look for downs markers due to my increased risk. No downs markers were found woooooooo! It doesnt change my risk rate sadly but adds to the liklihood of bubs being healthy. Here is a side pic of bubs. xxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 9:39pm

Well Taxi, that is one BEAUTIFUL looking baby ther you have xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My diary

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 11:56pm

Quiet on here today, and the sun wasn't even shining that much!!
Taxihome, thats a great scan photo you have there, I have never been able to download anything on here before but it is lovely to see everyones babies. I'm glad the results were all positive too.
Daisy, thats excellent news on your nuchal scan. Sorry to hear that you are feeling really tired. Hopefully you will get a little more energy soon.
Rocky, how funny that you are having you LO in the same place as hoping. Glad to see you back on here!!
Not much to report with me. Baby very active at the moment. Got the midwife tomorrow so hopefully I'll get the all clear to fly. Still looking at hourses, will be nice just to relax and not think about anything else really!! Last night tonight, but they have been very pleasant, I just hope that I feel rested tomorrow as I was awake at 12 today and the phone kept disturbing my rest all day.
Have a good day ladies xxx

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 7:47am

Hi guys!!! Sorry for my silence but for last two days I couldnt log on!!! :( I am leaving for work soon, so dont have enough time to read through your posts- I AM SORRY!!! I had my nuchal yesterday, results are perfect :) but still have to wait 3-4 weeks for blood results!! :/
Also I learned that probably will have CS again...as I had one before and my womb has very weird shape...oh well. Baby was waving, jumping and sucking its thumb :) It grew 3 cm since my last scan which was I think 2 weeks ago...Im still really tired, have got headaches etc really hope it will stop soon!
Daisy- congrats on your results!!!
Taxi- lovely photo hun!!! I need to scan mine from yesterday....
xx
Al.

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 8:39am

Hi girls

Cute baby Taxi, congrats on the downs results too. Same to you daisy. Your results are very precise, 1 in 5460, I got 1 in 54000...how come yours are so precise on the numbers, or am I reading your results wrong??

Got the midwife this morning so late into school, woowoo!

Have a list of q's for her!

Told my Headteacher we had ended up in hosp. last week and needed to slow down. she said, well even if i do 8am to 6pm and put my feet up when I get home that should be better....errrrrrrrr??????!!!!!!!!! so I can do a 50 hour week plus travel so 55 hours week and that's ok?!!!!!!!!! ?o(

I think not!!!! :snigger:

hAVE TO fly, don't want to be late. Sorry for no more personals, but love to all.

tt xxxxxxxxxxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

My diary

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 3:05pm

Hello ladies

Yay the sunshine is back smile2

Hope you're all well.

Rocky - yeah I read that story about the baby with swine flu at Stepping Hill. It didn't put me off though as I hear horror stories for lots of hospitals. I had a choice between SH or Tameside and have heard worse stories for Tameside hence picking SH. It actually won a prize for maternity ward of the year a few years back, plus I know people who have given birth there and had no problems. The only thing I would say is I don't find the sonographers very friendly, well the 2 that I have seen haven't been. I am booked into their active birth workshop on 18 June, which is when I will be shown the maternity ward I think. I'll let you know what it's like - are you a couple of weeks behind me? You could try and book on the same day as me xx

Daisy - glad to hear your scan results are good. One less thing for you to worry about xx

Taxi - love the scan pic. I have a pic like that where you can clearly make out the jaw xx

Adreamz - hope your MW apt goes well today xx

Al - glad to hear your nuchal results are good xx

Tinyteacher - can't believe your headteacher said that, they have to be flexible with pregnant women. At my place I can reduce my working hours if I wish and I don't need to ask for partner approval as it's my right to work less hours. Of course it means a drop in wages but if we need to take more time to rest and look after our LO then so be it, they're more important aren't they? xx

Hi to everyone else.

Well, I think I told you all I had a GTT test last week (test for diabetes). I have PCOS so I am at more risk of developing it. Had a call this morning and they have confirmed I do have gestational diabetes and they want me to go in tomorrow to discuss the way forward, which I think will entail a change in diet (less sugar, more wholegrains etc) and they want to monitor my levels. I googled it for more info and it seems they scan you too every 4 weeks from 28 weeks to check that the baby isn't growing too big. I was gutted when she told me and asked what harm it can do to the baby as I am more concerned about him than myself. She said it means I could have a big baby, which if that is the case means a difficult labour so they usually opt for a c section. I'll find out more tomorrow anyway. My levels came in at 9.7. I was told over 7 means diabetes so it's not massively over but still worrying.

If anyone who is reading this has had or has gestational diabetes do let me know and if so how did you manage it?

So, as of now I am putting myself on a strict diet - no chocolate, no sweets, no crisps, no cakes etc etc. I always have brown pasta, rice and bread so will continue eating lots of that and increase my intake of veg, jacket potatoes, salad, fruit etc. I know what the good stuff is to eat so hopefully that alone will help control it.

It's put a bit of a dampner on my week off bigcloud but we have our 4D scan tomorrow so hopefully that'll be OK and my little boy will give us a nice smile or wave to reassure his mummy that he is OK :pray:

Bye for now

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 4:16pm

Hi everyone,

Tiny - can't believe your headteacher actually said that to you. Teaching is an awful job for workload - he has a duty to make sure you have a good work life balance, especially while your pregnant. But being honest my head couldn't care less as long as the work gets done! Make sure you slow down as it will only make you ill and like others have said your LO is more important than work.

Daisy - glad you've finally got your results - they seem really good. Mine just said 'low risk' and no numbers.

Taxi - lovely scan pic. Is so nice toknow that everything is going well isn't it?

Hoping - Yeh I would be the same about Tameside...not heard good things so hopefully we'll be in the best place. I agree about the sonogrophers at SH as I was really disappointed with my 20 weeek scan - she was so miserable and barely spoke! I'm behind you - due 16th Aug. Don't know anything about the active birth workshop? All I've been given is a list of 4 antenatal classes that I'm supposed to go to but they are not at SH. Sorry to hear about your diabetes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be joining you as there was a little glucose in my urine last time I went to SH. They decided not to do a proper test though and I guess the midwife will just keep an eye on it. Could really do without a big baby. Just try to eat as well as you can and I'm sure it will be OK.

AFM - I'm really enjoying not being at work. I seem to be having a difficult pregnancy and being at home just takes so much stress off me. But I have been feeling a bit odd. I've been very emotional today and sat and cried for no reason. I was feeling guilty for eating a HUGE packet of crisps so don't know whether it was that that triggered it or just hormones. Has anyone else been like this? My appetite is still hit and miss really - I am eating well enough but just never seem to fancy anything - except crisps (which I know is realy bad!). I've put on about 9lbs now and am feeling really tubby.

Hope everyone is OK xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rocky" (Apr 27th 2011, 4:17pm)

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 5:19pm

hey Ladies,

am back from a lovely holiday, very relaxed, first day back at work today, can't believe how busy it is on here and how much people write, have been trying to catch up with everything going on here, I can't really see to do personals i am afraid...

Rocky, hope you feel a bit better, crisps always cheer me up :) 9lbs doesn't sound like that much to have put on so far!

Taxi - so glad about your reassurance scan & the heartbeat, i love your picture, Gav is such a sweetie, i have one tomorrow as well! re finding the heartbeat i found it so hard at first btu really easy now, mine is right down, way below the belly button, where a CZ scar would be i guess.

Hoping, am so sorry to hear about the Gestational Diabities, it is really common though from what i haev read so i am sure there is nothing to worry about with your LO, apparently Angelina Jolie had it with one of her pregnancies so i read. hope you are ok

Tiny Teacher, your boss sounds awful, that is a hell of a commute as well, you poor thing! how did you reply?

Al ex O - great news on your Nuchal Scan result! you must be very relieved!

Daisy - fab results! you must be so relieved as well, i am so tired as well still, but then i always am so no great difference there!

Adreamz - ooh you lucky thing going to cyprus, how far are you now? is it safe to fly?

a big hi to everyone else but i can't see all that way back, am going to go update some diaries tonight i think as want to be more personal but hard on this thread as so much going on!

AFM, 16 weeks now, have a reassurance scan tomorrow, heard the heartbeat last night when back from hols, still going strong at 155bpm. It's weird, my bump is def there sometimes but then it goes, it is always round and hard in the mornings but then goes down when I have been to the loo, and then randomly pops up in the day, surely it can't all be bloating and liquid can it? who else has a bump at my stage and is it there constantly?

xx

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "anna14" (Apr 27th 2011, 5:20pm)

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 6:10pm

What a beautiful little baby Taxi - so pleased that everything went well with your scan - you must be so relieved!

Also, great news Daisy - that is wonderful and a real weight off your mind.

Adreamz - hope your midwife appointment goes well and the house hunting is a success soon - exciting stuff!

Oljenka - Great that your results came back great.

Tinyteacher - I can't believe your HT!!!! What a cheek!! I have seriously re-prioritised since going through our last IVF cycle and getting pregnant and feel good within myself about it. You need to slow down and take care of yourself sweetie - do what you need to do and leave the rest. Teaching is a 24/7 job, so just start cutting down on what you are doing and the more you do the more you will realise that you can still do your job well, even without all that extra work. I feel so much better for it, but it is hard initially.

Hoping77 - sorry to hear about the diabetes. I am high risk for that because of my thyroid problems, but I am keeping everything crossed that it stays away. I don't know what i'd do if I did get it because I already eat a very healthy diet, so couldn't change anything that way. Hope your scan goes well.

Rocky - The emotional side of things is all perfectly normal - you have hormones rushing around your body like there is no tomorrow! I was actually less emotional to begin with, which is unusual for me as I'm VERY emotional normally, but that has changed and I've been more emotional in the 2nd trimester. Try not to be hard on yourself - 9llb is not much and I bet you still look amazing with your lovely baby bump.

Anna - hope your scan goes well tomorrow sweetie.

AFM - not much to report. DH is offshore and i've just gone back to work. Shattered to say the least! One thing that is concerning me a bit is that i'm still teaching PE 2 lessons a week. It is heavy work sometimes and I have 2 classes together, which is 30 7-8 years olds, so it isn't easy!! Going to speak to my Dr about it next week at my 6 month check up. Weather is utterly brilliant and summer is well and truly on the way! Only 4 full weeks and 3 short ones until the summer holidays - not that i'm counting! Bump is getting huge, but i'm feeling really great! Hope you all have lovely weeks xxx

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 6:18pm

taxi what a lovely pic!! and yes i walk like i have messed myself all the time now!!! not funny lol

rocky i wouldnt worry hun ive put on a stone already!! was a bit of a shock when go on the scales

afm still in pain but hey dont think thats going to change anytime soon!! got myself a birthing ball (exercise ball) cheap today and am sitting on that lots it is surpose to help with my SPD so will give anything ago. and im looking into waterbirths again at home as thats the best place for me to have baby cos of my SPD but my hospital has just one! there is a bithing centre half hour or so away that have lots so may look into that also!

no working 2night or 2morrro so going to relax after dinner with my non alcholic cider i treated myself too xxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 9:22pm

Hi girls!

I am sooooooooo sorry for being away for soooo long! I have had probs with my laptop....viruses etc and have been out and about so much...hardly been at home.

Well I am back now...computer fixed I hope xfingers and I am able to get on and keep up to date with all my buddies on here.

I hope you are all well and I shall be keeping up to date with all the goss from now on.

AFM - I am feeling like a new woman!!!!!! Hyperemesis finally stopped at week 14 and during week 15 I started being able to eat more and more each day. I am now 16 weeks pregnant and feel completely back to normal. My bump is growing like crazy but guess thats what you get for having 2 little babes in there! :P I am a teacher and had to have 4 and half weeks off work when I was poorly which took me up to Easter hols. The Easter hols proved perfect for getting my energy levels up and getting back to normality. I went back to work this week for a nice 3 day week and I am just loving it. I teach year 2's so 6 and 7 year olds and due to my rather larger bump and some funny looks from parents on first day back I thought best just to tell me class at end of day. They were sooo adorable!!!! I made the mistake of asking them if anyone had noticed anything different about me and WELL now I have a complex! hahaha! Answers ranged from ............ I am wearing new earrings.......I was pale.........I was looking tired............I then stood up and one child said "oooooooooooooooo you're fat!" hahaha! Followed by a brighter spark who said "Ohhhhhhh you're pregnant!" haha! When I told them that I was expecting twins well they giggled and looked shocked. They are such a delight! The parents have been lovely too which is great! I came home from first day back buzzing and just loving being back at work. I am one that likes to keep busy so when I was poorly I really struggled being off work and not able to do anything at all. I don't really have many symptoms at all now really. I was in a car accident few years ago when someone went into back of me. Ended up having physio etc on my back so I think that is playing up a bit now with the added stress of twins stretching my muscles. Suffering with back ache from standing all day. Its bareable and more annoying than anything so I have ordered a microwave heat wrap belt thing to wear. Anyone know if it is ok to have heat on your back during pregnancy? Couldnt find anything on the net saying otherwise so though might as well give it a go as I guess its only going to get worse as I grow!

Well I promise I will be keeping up to date now my laptop is back! Hope pregancy is going well for you all! I am really looking forward to week 18 in 2 weeks where we fnd out the sex of our twinnies! I can't wait! Like a kid in a sweet shop!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love to all the beautiful pregnant ladies

Shell xxxxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 1:21pm

Hi Ladies

Just a quickie to say hello to everyone. I've had a nightmare over last couple of days trying to get into the forum, i'm sure they've had some trouble with their server. Not going to do personals but will hopefully be able to keep up with everybody from now.

Been spending time with DH over the week as he's been off. Weather's taken a turn for the worst here in Norfolk, it's bloody freezing today!!! :winter:
Well, we've only got 5 and a half weeks until the big move!! I'm dreading it but excited at the same time. And just a week to go till we have the anomoly scan which i'm also dreading but excited at the same time. I'm expanding at a vast rate of knots but still not feeling any movement from baby yet. I reckon i'm so used to having indigestion/heartburn that i just cant tell what is what.

Anyway, catch up with everyone over the next few days hopefully. Enjoy the nice long weekend folks!!!

xxx

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 5:42pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post...been looking at travel sysems/pushchairs but am completely clueless! How are you supposed to know which to choose when there are so many? Is anyone else struggling to make decisions about things? Can anyway recommend good ones?
Been to see doc this morning as I've been suffering from upper back and rib pain for weeks now. I'm really uncomfortable all the time and have to keep moving about. He just gave me a sheet with some exercises on and said to expect aches to get worse.

Hope everyone else is OK x

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 7:57pm

Rocky - I found Silver Cross Prams, Maxi Cosi Car Seat, Britax Car Seat, Phil and Teds Pushchairs, Quinny Buzz, a great site for having a nosy at different prams, but I found it best to get into the shop and have a look myself. Personally I wanted a 3 way system that had all the options (its surprising how many don't have the option of having baby face you and I know this isn't something everyone wants, but it was important for me), I wanted a sturdy pram with good wheels, one that was easy to put together and take apart and one that didn't have velcro fixings! I also wanted compact and in the end we went for the Quinny buzz 3 system. It hasn''t been out the box yet, but my sister had one and just loved it. We bought the all terrain wheel to go on the front, so that all the wheels are all terrain and my sister said it was a great pram for taking anywhere.

My advice to you would be - listen to the advice you get from people, but have a look online and go into the shop and play about with the prams and get them to take them apart, so you can see how easy/hard they are going to be to work, but then ultimately go for what is right for you. Every pram has fanatastic features and does a great job, but they need to be right for you. Many of my friends recommended the Mountain Buggy to me and I think this would have been our second option. Good luck!

Rallygirl - hope you've had a great time with DH and that you are getting all ready for the big move! How exciting!

Shell - so pleased you are feeling like a new woman!! How sweet telling your class - kids are just adorable!! I teach P7 and they have been so lovely too.

Mum82 - so sorry you are in such pain sweetie - that is just awful. You must try to take it as easy as possible sweetie.

AFM - Not a lot to report really - just enjoying the beautiful weather and pleased the weekend is nearly here! On a negative note - I've been having a terrible time with nightmares. I know it sounds silly, but I was almost in tears driving to work today just thinking about the nightmare I had last night - it all seemed so real. Hoping that they ease or turn more to nice dreams soon! On a positive note just been meeting up with a friend who is due in July - she's having a little girl. We've been getting really excited together and planning all the stuff we'll do together once the babies are born! I have another friend who is due in July too, so lots of friends around in the same position, which is nice.

Hope you guys are all well. xxx

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 7:58pm

Just noticed it didn't put the site in properly, but if you click it then it is the pramworld website, which is the one. xxx

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 9:15pm

When we went shopping for prams, we found it really useful to go into an independent pram retailer (not a Mothercare) where we spent half an hour with a shop assistant who was able to show us what was available and factors to consider. We asked her loads of questions about prams and got practical tips. A biggie for me was finding something the right size, small enough to fit into the boot of my car. I won't be changing the car and boot space is rather limited. We also had a budget to stick to, so this was another thing that narrowed down the choice.

The next day we went to the big retail stores and had a play about with what was there. We went to three different shops and in each shop, the range was completely different...I never saw the same one twice!

Then you'll have an idea of what you need, what you like and how much you can spend and it'll be time to find some internet bargains. I turned into a bit of pram spotter....trying to sus out other people's prams in the supermarket without looking like I was staring or weird!
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Friday, April 29th 2011, 8:48am

Hi ladies, wow life is busy for me. Mw appointment on wed went really well and she made me feel very confident. About going abroad. Said baby will move loads on the flight which I will love feeling!! I then went to look at a house which I fell in love with so got dh to look after work. He was unsure as it's the top end of our budget and needs redoing (but livable for now). Yesterday we put in a few offers and at 9pm it was accepted!! Can't believe we have potentially sold and bought a house in a week. The chain is 3 so should move quickly!! Dh is stressing!! Thankfully we go away tomorrow so can relax a little!! That reminds me I must pack for cyprus!! hahaha
Ag. I wish I had friends pregnant now, I have a couple of friends with 6 month olds but they will be back at work once I'm off!!
Rallygirl, how is the packing going? Is it difficult because you can't lift?
Shell, you had me crying with laughter over what your kids said, so funny. People still feel nervous about asking me if I'm pregnant!! So I must look fat!!
Mum82, I'd love a waterbirth and I've been told home ones are better as midwife does look at your fandangle every hour like they have to in hospital!!
Anna, my bump fluctuates and o believe it is water retention. When I was at my sisters and got up the next day she said "where's it gone? It's do much smaller!!"
Rocky, I feel the same about prams, wanted to look around to see If I was happy with my sisters but it was too confusing so I gave up!!
Hoping, sorry to hear about diabetes, I'm nervous about mine too but it they get it under control then you shouldn't have a large baby!! Just a small tip be careful with natural sugars too. Grapes and bananas have lots of sugar in, much better for you than added sugar but don't go too mad on them.
I'll try and get on before I go tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy the royal wedding. Xxx

Friday, April 29th 2011, 9:30am

Hello all lovely ladies!!! I have absolutely no time for chat :( work work work!! I worked whole Easter, now working whole long weekend :( I can see there is talk about prams- well, although I just finished 14 weeks (comparing to some of yours 20 weeks...feels like nothing!!;)) we starte dlooking at prams and beds as I dont want to buy everything at once as that would be loooads of money to spend! I go from shop to shop try them, I am looking for pram which has car seat as awell (hmmm really there is still plenty without it!) and than compare prices on the web. Also once ppl noticed my bump they started scaring me with their horrible stories about births in our hopsital!!! I DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO THAT!!!!!!!! :( they dont care and keep talking... Hoping- sorry about your diabetes!!! :( I had liver problem in my first pregnancy, shame we cant enjoy our pregnancies as much as we would like!!!
Have nice long weekend my dears!
Al.

Friday, April 29th 2011, 3:58pm

Hi Ladies

Have you all been watching the wedding then? Been having a wee look on and off. DH and me are happy for them but haven't really got into the whole wedding thing.

Rocky, we feel a bit like you with regards to prams. Every shop you go into, you never see the same one twice. We've decided on a silver cross. It's not too expensive and we figured they've been making prams for donkeys years so hopefully, cant go wrong with a silver cross. Shops like mothercare and babies r us have them all out on display and you can play around with them. The shop assistants are more than happy to spend time and show you how they work.

Al. ex poor you working all holidays, you'll need to slow down at some point chick!! I cant believe people started discussing their horror birth stories with you. That's all you need!! I'd politely ask them to shut their pie holes!!! :zipit:

Adreamz, yoiu must be so excited about the house, congrats!! And in the mean time you can chill and enjoy cyprus. :cheeers: Be carefrul hun, i lived there for a while a few years ago and it is really hot. Drink plenty fluids!!! You'll have such a great time.
I'm not actually lifting a finger to pack up the house, the removal men are doing it all for us which is great. We're also paying cleaners to come in and do all the cleaning for us cos the RAF houses need to be cleaned to a certain standard when you move out of them. Dont care how much it costs, i just cant face the packing and cleaning!!

AG, sorry to hear you're having awful nightmares. It's awful when they are so reaI that they haunt you all day. I was joking with Dh this morning cos i could tell he was having a really vivid dream last night cos he breaths really fast and i said to him "is it impending fatherhood giving you nightmares?" He just laughed.

Mashy, you must be so pleased the sickness has well and truley gone. happydance You sound like you are properly glowing now, i'm still waiting!!!

Hello to everyone else, hope you're enjoying more holidays!!!!

Take care lovely ladies!!!

xxx

Friday, April 29th 2011, 4:39pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaa guys Im still at work havin really nasty rash on my legs!!!!!!! :( goin to emergency after work...:(
Al.

Friday, April 29th 2011, 4:47pm

Hi Ladies

No time for personals but just wanted to pop in. Did you all enjoy the wedding? i thought it was wonderful, and loved William driving them back to Clarence House!!

I have to go to an evening reception tonight and am dreading it - those that were in 1st tri with me may remember the girlw ho decided to announe my pregnancy to a group of 12 people when I was 8 weeks? Well, she will be there tonight and I am STILL angry about the whole situation. DH has told me to be polite but then move swiftly on. Think e may have to physically restrain me!!

Well, enjoy your evenings, whatever you do!

I am going for a fish pedicure tomorrow! VERY excited:)

My diary

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Friday, April 29th 2011, 5:00pm

Afternoon ladies

Happy bank holiday Friday!! I'm really loving all these days off :happy: I am no royalist but really enjoyed watching the wedding unfold today, as they are responsible for my additional day off this year it would've been rude not to watch wouldn't it :snigger:

Glad to hear you are feeling good these days Mashy. You've gotta love kids and their funny outbursts, must've been nice to tell them and see their little excited faces though!! Only 4 weeks to go before your sexing scan then, are you hoping for one of each?

Good luck with the move Rallygirl, and i'm glad to hear you are not lifting a finger........its hard enough when you are not pregnant so would be exhausting now you are!! And only 1 week till your scan, it is scary isn't it. The more I think about it the more I get worried that i'm going to be told all is not well. I have to keep the faith though that bubba is just fine!! Will you find out the sex? I bet you have felt your baby moving, its like a bubbly feeling right down deep in your pelvis.....nothing like heartburn or indigestion!! If anything its more like wind but without the actual wind :snigger:

I'm sorry to hear you have GD Hoping, that is a bummer but at least you know now and can take any action needed. Are you feeling ok? I had an early GTT as I was high risk but have heard nothing......i'm really hoping that no news is good news!

Welcome back Anna, hope you had a great time in Cuba......i'm very jealous!! Hope your scan went ok too x

Al.ex - you are working hard aren't you!! I hope there is time for a bit of rest and play in there too! You take care of yourself!

Congrats on the house Adreamz and enjoy your sunny Cyprus holiday, look forward to hearing about it when you get back! Your bubba is a little jetsetter even before its born :)

AFM, all is good in the land of pregnancy! 17 and a half weeks gone and feeling great........still not feeling pregnant though and even got told that I look slim twice this week :happy: Not sure I should be happy about that but secretly I am glad i'm not huge yet!! I think my huge boobs are making up for my lack of bump LOL :snigger: I'm still feeling bubba move randomly, particularly in the morning and at night and could've sworn there was a good kick whilst sitting at my desk at work yesterday. It really makes all the difference feeling the baby move, that way you know he/she is ok! Only 2 and half weeks before I get to see him (convinced its a boy) again and can't wait :hhapy: Just praying all really is ok!

Believe it or not, I am still in my pj's so better get dressed and pretend i've been busy when the OH comes home from work! Catch up with you all later xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, April 29th 2011, 11:19pm

Hi all.

Hope you are all ok.
Good luck to those having scans this coming week.
Sorry no personals but will catch up laters.

Sick of the Royal Wedding & cant wait till this time next week when it is alllllllllllll over.
Party pooper eh.

xxxxxxxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Hoping77

What's Up?

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 7:23am

Hello ladies

Hope you're all enjoying the bank holiday weekend. It's sunny but very windy near me.

Taxi - like you I wasn't interested in watching the Royal Wedding though did take a peek just to see what Kate looked like. I think she is beautiful xx

Stace - if I recal it was around 17 weeks when I would feel my LO move, mainly in the evening while I was lay in bed. It'll soon become more regular. You will notice it more when you're resting at that stage xx

Daisy - how did last night go? Did you manage to restrain yourself? How rude of your so called friend to announce something so personal. Not surprised you are annoyed. Regardless of whether she is happy for you it wasn't her news to share and what with the journey you have been through to get here. Did the 12 people she annoounced it too know you were having treatment? Only a few people know we had treatment to get pregnant, everyone else thinks it was natural. I have a cousin who has 2 boys through IVF and he keeps putting on my FB about my treatment and I've told him several times to not mention it as not everyone knows. I just delete his posts but I may have to message him again as to me it is so personal. Anyway, hope you had a good evening xx

Al ex. - are your legs itchy? I have itchy ankles in the evening but not a rash. Not sure if it is pregnancy related but it drives me mad. I have scratches on my leg I scratch that hard! xx

Adreamz - congrats on getting an offer on your house and finding one so soon. I hope it runs smoothly but having moved house once in my life (without a chain) I know how stressful it can be! Before I was with DH I had my own flat so was a first time buyer and the flat was empty. I think it's the solicitors that make it stressful, dragging their heals. Fortunately when I moved in with DH my friend bought my flat so wasn't as stressful. Cheers for the tip about grapes and bananas. I'm going shopping today and will be inspecting every label for sugar content! xx

AG - I haven't had nightmares but I have had very vivid dreams. They seem so real. Great you have friends due around the same time as you. I do too, one in June and my best friend is due in October so I have people I can spend time with while I'm on maternity leave and share tips on baby stuff LOL xx

Rocky - re prams I have bought the Mamas and Papas Sola in Denim (suitable colour for a boy I thought :) ). It lies flat for a newborn, faces you for when he is a few months, faces out when they want to stare at the world instead of you, and comes with a car seat that attaches to it. It is really light to wheel around too but still feels sturdy. I was whizzing it around the M&P store LOL! I wanted one that didn't have big wheels as my car is only small so wanted to ensure it fitted in the boot. Like the other girls have said, browse the web, shortlist ones you like the look of then go to stores that stock them and check them out. Re the active birth workshop at SH next time you're there you will see info for it at the desk in the womens unit when you check in. There is a list of dates and I think they're on a Saturday (10 - 1).. You should probably book on one that's about a month before your due date. Re the 4 antenatal classes, I've booked on those and they're in my local area. Check with your community midwife as she should be able to give you a number for where they're being held. That is what mine did xx

Anna - how did the reassurance scan go? xx

Mashy - glad to hear you and the twinnies are doing well. Can't wait to hear what sex they are xx

Hello to anyone else I have missed.

AFM - as you know I found out I have GD, which I am gutted about. I was at the hospital on Thursday morning and I now have to monitor my blood glucose 3 times a day (a needle pricks my finger and I test the blood on a little device and log the reading in a booklet). I was a bit nervous about the needle but to be honest, after having IVF they're a doddle. I then had a scan yesterday to check my baby's growth and thankfully he is measuring perfect for 27+ weeks. They are closely monitoring me and the bonus is I get to have another 2 scans, one at the end of May and the end of June. This is to ensure he isn't growing too big as this is one of the problems with gestational diabetes, the baby gets too much sugar so grows into a porker LOL! So as of now I am on a strict diet, well, not so much diet but eating foods that contain less sugar or hardly any at all. That means all the chocolate I stocked up on over Easter has been thrown out (or DH ate it!). I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to ensure my LO is healthy so if that means sacraficing sweets and chocolate then so be it. I don't need them. I just like the taste.

Anyway, on a more positive note I had a 4D scan on Thursday afternoon. I've tried to attach a pic so hopefully you can see him. I know I'm biased as his mother but I think he looks so beautiful and perfect. I can't wait to meet him. It took a while to get a picture of his face as he seems to like sucking at his hand LOL! We could see the sucking motion with his hand near his face. I sucked my thumb from a baby till about the age of 13 when I had braces so I think I may have to ensure he doesn't suck his thumb as I wouldn't want him to end up with bucked teeth like I did LOL!

Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday weekend ladies.

Hoping77 has attached the following file:
  • Our son.JPG (104.2 kB - 2 times downloaded - latest: Apr 30th 2011, 5:47pm)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hoping77" (Apr 30th 2011, 7:25am)

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 8:08am

Hoping what a cute little boy you have there. Must have made it more real seeing him in 4d!!
Taxihome, did you nit get an extra day off for the wedding? I think it was lovely (I'm quite patriotic) only watched it from 10.45 till 12.30 but noticed they put on plenty of repeats!!
Stacey, I didn't feel pregnant and sometimes I still don't but now it's moving more I'm reminded more often. My bump really took on a change at about 22 weeks and I tend to wear clothes that extenuate it otherwise people are still unsure if I've not put on a little weight!!
Daisy I've heard the fish pedicures are great, not sure I fancy it though. Have fun.
Rallygirl, thanks for the advice, will probably spend most my time in the shade but will be nice to rest!!
Al hope your ok with the rash
Afm, went to house again and my dads concerned about a tree, put me on a downer because we can't do anything till we get back from hols. Wouldn't even pack last night, so up early this morning to do it. This will be my last post till I return. I hope you all have a good week. I'll try and catch upwheb I get back but we write so much on here may only catch the last few days!!! Miss you yummy mummies. Xxx

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 9:29am

Good Post-Wedding Morning!!!

I feel as though I have a hangover today - maybe too much crying coupled with an overdose of orange juice last night!!

Hoping - last night was a big flop actually :( There is a whole situation involving this girl and her new "girlfiend" who is actually 25 years older than her (not a problem) but she is separated from her husband (who lives about 3 doors down from us) and has just had a masectomy. It's just a baaaad situation and DH and I are trying to distance ourselves from them all but the girl is actually our dog walker so hard to do. I got told that *I* should be making the effort to talk to her as she was very upset and was worried that I had upset her!! I put them striaght!! grrrrrrr. When she announced my pregnnacy there was severeal people who did not know my situation so I was upset it was not her place to announce my pregnancy. They just can't seem to understand that!
Sorry, that was a bit of a rant!!! I can totally understand how frustrating it is with your cousin putting comments on FB - it's very VERY frustrating!!!
Your scan picture is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!! He looks perfect - so beautiful:)

Taxi - bet you are glad the wedding is over!! I loved it but that's just me! What did you do instead of wedding-y things?

Stace - will be interesting to see if your instinct on it being a boy is right or not!!

Alex - how did you get on in hospital with your rash? How worrying, hopefully it was nothing serious xx

Rallygirl - how are things going?

To everyone else - hope you are enjoying your extended Bank holiday weekend!!

AFM - I am off for my fish pedicure in a while, will let you know what it's like later on. HAd some bump touchers last night grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. HANDS OFF THE BUMP!!!!!

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 11:07am

Hi Ladies

Hey Daisy. Look at you steaming ahead in the pregnancy weeks. Woooo! Going fast eh. I chilled out with a mate and then DH yesterday. I flicked over to see the gorgeous dress, that was it. As a wedding coordinator I have a passion for wedding dresses.

Adreamz - I am not a Royalist I am afraid to say so have no interest in them. Have a wonderful holiday hun.

Hoppping - Beautiful, gorgeous pic of bub.

Have a great day ladies,
xxxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 1:47pm

Guys I need your thinking.... I still feel pretty rubbish as for sickness etc and as I said I got this fiery rash on my legs yesterday....I got some cream for it and was told to go on tuesday to see gp or midwife...do you think I can call in sick tomorrow? Honestly I always feel bad about it....but hey I am pregnant so should be more carefull...grrrr
Al.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 7:20pm

Hi Alex.

I would use it as a perfect excuse to cakll in sick. :) :) xx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 7:54pm

Hi ladies,

I am back!! It took an age to read through all the posts I had missed but good to hear all is going okay.

Al you should take time off sick you can't be too careful in my opinion.

Once I catch up better I can do personals.

I was in Spain seeing my parents and I had a call from the hospital which i missed I was so worry as they said they would call if the downs test was high risk, anyway I finally got in touch and they just said they did not have my weight on file and needed it for the results, I got home today and the letter was there for me, 1 in 10000 risk which is okay I think, I am 34 so that doesn't help I guess so I was pleased with that.

Weather was a mixed bag in Spain, I left in rain today and landed here in sunshine, not sure that often happens!

I watched the wedding and loved it, she is stunning, I reckon Harry should marry her sister!

Off to the races tomorrow so hope for a few winners.

Thats all for now but will catch up properly when I get chance.

KJ

Sunday, May 1st 2011, 9:43am

Hi girls,

Hoping, your little boy looks like a little peach, very cute! Am sorry to hear about your GD, I think I too might be a contender, as can't get enough of sweet stuff! What kinda things have you been eating, or does it happen despite not eating sugary foods? Don't know too much about it, tbh....

Al.ex, hope the rash has sorted itself out?

KJ27 - hope you won on the horses?! Have heard that we've got spain's good weather :snigger: Sucks for you though :sadface:

Daisy - hope you managed diplomatic relations between you and big gob ok?! Totally not her news to be blabbing!!! :cross:

Adreamz - have a lovely hol. The rest will do you good.

Stace - I hardly showed until week 21, then I exploded (8 o) People couldn't tell I was pg, now all of a sudden I am sporting a fairly sizeable bump!!!

Taxi - wedding coordinator, what a fab job!!! Lucky you!!

AFM- LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the wedding. Was glued to the set!!! Had a lovely day with my mum and in-laws (boys went to play golf!!) Am feeling ok, enjoying 4 days off again!! Have found out why I had the pains and ended up in hospital, had a urine infection and started anti-biotics this week. Feeling much better now and not constantly on the loo!!! Googled the meds to make sure they wouldn't harm LO, and all looks to be absolutely fine. DH tutting at me, saying I think I know better than the DR, but can't be too careful in my opinion. DH and I are off to the Lakes to meet up with friends, so enjoy the rest of the weekend all.

Love tt xxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

My diary

Sunday, May 1st 2011, 3:47pm

Hi all,

Thanks for all the info about prams. I'm still struggling but think you're right about going into the shops to look at them. I want something that's not too big and it needs to be lightweight - particularly the car seat as some of them are really heavy - and that's without a baby! Chillimint - you had me laughing about looking at other people's prams cos that's what I'm doing all the time - people are going to start thinking I'm wierd!!
Daisy can't imagine how you must feel about having your pregnancy announced. That's news that is yours to tell. When I started telling people at work - the news did spread round and I wasn't bothered but your situation is totally different to that.
Stace - don't worry about your bump. Up to 2 weeks ago (23 weeks) I was disguising it really well and most people wouldn't have known if I didn't tell them but now it seems to have popped out and there's no covering it up really....so things happen really quickly in the space of a couple of weeks - I was amazed!!
AG - I'm having really bad nightmare's too at the moment. I've read that it's normal though - not sure why - probably all the homone's and subconcious stress about things. They have been really vivid though and confusing. Hope they stop soon.
Hoping - thanks for the info about the active birth classes. Not sure when/if I'll be at SH again now as I seem to be just under midwife care which is at the doc's surgery. But I'll definitely get booked on the 4 local classes. Good look with the diet stuff. At the moment I'm eating sweet stuff like it's going out of fashion so it must be hard for you. PS your scan pic is absolutely gorgeous. Where did you have it done?
Adreamz - not sure if you'll be in Cyprus already. Can't believe you've managed to sell and buy a house. you've been really lucky there. We thought about moving but I think we'd lose too much money at the moment with the way the housing market is so staying put for now.
Tiny - poor you with the urine infection. How did you find out? Did they pick it up at the hospital?

AFM - serious back pain - can't remeber if I've mentioned it before. It's upper back pain and also hurts around the front rib both on the right hand side. It's quite severe at times and I just can't get comfortable - have to keep moving. I've no idea why...it's not like I have a huge bump. Went to the doc's on Thurs and he just said it's to be expected and that pains will get worse as I get further on. I knew there'd be nothing he could do....but I do feel a bit disappointed with the whole care in pregnancy as it took me the best part of 2 weeks to get an appointment and I can never get in to see MW - she is always booked weeks in advance as she only does 2 and half hours a week at my doctor's. I've been in pain for about 6 weeks now and have just keep putting up with it because I knew I wouldn't get an appointment - and then it became so bad that I insisted it was an emergency. The only relief I get is lying down on my back. Anyone else suffering - I know lower back pain is common but haven't heard much about upper back pain. Anyway grumble over now.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend xx

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Sunday, May 1st 2011, 7:19pm

Hey Ladies,

Wow - what a busy and sunshiny bank holiday, so nice to get 4 more days off!

Hope everyone is well!

Rocky, i am also confused about prams, i was checking loads out online as well, I def want a lightweight 3 wheeler and one that the car seat can clip in and out of, beyond that am not too sure, never used a pram / pushchair in my life! we are going to the Baby Show in a few weeks and also the mammoth Kiddicare Warehouse in Peterborough later in the summer so will be able to suss out more then i think. hope your back pain gets better soon

Stace, am the same with you re bump - i only seem to have one when retaining water first thing in the morning then it vanishes, other than that you really can't tell any difference, I may be on my own here but i am not looking forward to the getting fat and massive bump, it freaks me out a bit to be honest, am hoping for a late showing small neat one!

Tiny Teacher - i am with you, i totally LOVED the wedding, watched it all, had royal breakfast, then cycled into town to soak up the atmosphere and went to a couple of street parties, i thought she looked amazing and they are a fab couple, so in love and it was just a perfect day, i do love the royal family though! hope you had a lovely time in The Lakes

Taxi - you are a wedding co-ordinator? that is my dream job, do you work on your own or for a company?

KJ - your downs risk is perfect, mine was 1:8200 and am 33, the consultanct said you can't really get much better than 10,000 as it is meant to be 24 times the original age risk factor which means yours are perfect, hope you had a nice holiday - am with you on Harry & Pippa hooking up!

Al ex - you poor thing with your rash, hope it has cleared up now, i noticed a couple of horrible veins on my leg becoming all prominent - must be the varicose ones you hear about, i have a MW appointmnet on Thurs, will ask her about it then.

Dasiy - OMG - you had to see that awful girl!!! was it awkward? didn't really get your post, has she just come out and is going out with a woman 25 years older who lives on your street?! wow - what does her ex husband make of it? as you can tell i LOVED the wedding too, still reading about it now, the party in the evening sounded amazing. apparently Harry was like a rock star and dancing on window ledges, making everyone do sambuca shots & crowd surfing. he's so cool! hope your fish pedicure was good.

Hoping - awwwww, your little boy looks so gorgeous!!!! how many weeks are you? it is such a clear picture!

Adreamz, when did your bump show? how many weeks are you now hun? hope you had a lovely holiday

A big hello to everyone else on here - AFM, had a busy couple of days,Wedding and street Parties on Friday, then down to Brighton for the day yesterday, today i have had a lovely lunch with some girlfriends and am heading out to the movies later, and then tomorrow another lunch and will get round to uploading loads of holidays pics on facebook, meaning to to it for ages and weekends are never long enough

So i am 17 weeks on Tuesday, reassurance scan was lovely, we saw him move about loads (am convinced it is a boy) and got another picture, however i had a bit of a freak out last night, it started off just really worrying as none of my close or local friends have babies, am so worried i will be on my own and isolated and will never see anyone else and i am normally so sociable and out and about so much, it is going to be such a life change and it is starting to feel so real, i have never looked after a baby in my life and don't know what on earth to do with them, what if i am a really crap mum? I then started panicking about something being wrong with it and it all kind of snowballed from there, I was in tears for ages, has anyone else had these freak outs or fears? James was being lovely but it didn't help really, couldn't sleep as was so worried abut everything, i feel a bit better today but it is still playing on my mind.

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 10:27am

Morning all loevly ladies!! Just quick update- Rash is still on, it actually changed to a very ugly dry skin, I am calling my GP tomorrow as I have MW app on 17 May...:/ Besides I have horrible heartburn!! OMG I feel sometimes like I am gonna explode!!! yuck. I called in sick on Sunday as I was supposed to be on....
Hoping- I dont remember and I am too lazy to check- did I tell you how pretty your baby photo is?? :)
Anna- I have plenty pregnant friends the problem is they all live in many different countries!!! :(
I bought first thing for the baby- sleeping bag with viking ships on it (I study PG medieval scandinavian studies)- I couldnt resist!!! Now we are looking into prams and cots, and my DH found that great cot that can be changed into a proper bed, bit expensive but it last for years! I am doing my maths now what and where, that gives me both pleasure and headache!!!
Rocky- I have the same feeling about pregnancy care!!! Poor you, i have only NORMAL lower back pain but I wonder if I manage to see anybody tomorrow at the practice....:/
Al.

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE