You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "THE FZ TEAM" started this thread

Reg: Oct 19th 2006

What's Up?
Tech support is currently limited

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 8:10am

** FIRST TRIMESTER CHAT **

Hi everyone

newyear3

A shiny new thread for your first trimester chat

Your old thread can be found HERE

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 10:51am

Good morning ladies and a happynew year in our new thread.
Feeling low today as sickness has gone, now really worried because I drank loads of pineapple juice last night and I've just read you shouldn't in early pregnancy!!! Ah.
Hope your new year has stRted off better.
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: Two the way!

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 10:54am

Ooh a shiny new thread! Happy new year! I managed to stay up till 12 but was in bed at about 2 minutes past :-) xxx
[zx076] [zx076] seen at 6w5d scan
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN
2nd IVF with ICSI SEP 2009 - BFN
3rd IVF with ICSI Dec 2010 - :BFP:
2008 - 6 x cycles of clomid all BFN

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 10:58am

Hi adreamz, sorry we sorted at the same time. Please try not to worry symptoms come and go! I've not had any sickness at all yet, just really sore boobs and tiredness. Sending big hugs xxx
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: Logan James born 24-12-2008

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 11:15am

Well I'm feeling brave enough to post in here! .....ok I'm still nervous but got to be done at some point :) got my bfp 23rd of Dec , goin insane waiting for scan on the 14th not long now tho, so how are you all doing, I had a bit of nuasia (sp?) The other day but nothing since, still got mega sore boobs ywhich isn't really any good with a 2 yr old that loves nothing better than to climb all over me and elbow them he he , been having cramps on and off since et but past couple ov days they have become quite painful at time which gets me a bit worried thinkin the worse.....told I I'm goin insane ! X
1st ICSI- Mar/Apr08 :BFP:
Logan James born 24-12-08 smile2
3rd ICSI December :BFP: :heart: :heart: seen at 7 wks

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 12:33pm

Hi and Happy New Year!!
Well I was in bed for 10.30pm (well done Ellabella!) - just couldn't have stayed awake. Feeling sick today but still not been sick yet. Don't feel like eating anything - I am eating but seem to have lost my appetite which is very unusual for me. Fluids are making me feel worse - everytime I have a drink I can feel it sitting in my stomach. Back in work on Tuesday and am really dreading it as I don't know how I'll cope. Feeling ill at home is OK cos at least I can just lounge around.

Adreamz - please try not to worry (hard I know). I think at our stage symptoms will probably come and go. Remember your scan was only a few days ago and everything was OK then so there is no reason for it not to be now (think the pineapple juice thing is a bit of an old wives tale).

Welcome Shadow - all your worries are completely normal - it's really hard not to worry and the 14th will be here quicker than you think.

Well, I still have constipation. Has anyone found a good cure?

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 12:47pm

Afternoon all!

I stayed up til 2.30am!! :faint:

We went round friends for eats and drinks in the end, was good, just sat there talking about pregnancy for most of the time, :O she has had 2, so was reassuring me on some bits!

I'm still in my pyjamas....

Adreamz - try not to worry about the pineapple juice, there are so many things that supposedly you should and shouldnt drink, its a minefield! I am sure I read somewhere that you really would need to drink to gallons and I mean gallons of the stuff. The symptoms do come and go, I also panic when I dont feel sick, but its usually down to what Ive the eaten the day before or the meal before that has helped with the symptoms.

Welcome Shadow and congrats on your BFP!! Cramps are totally normal, not everyone gets them, but a lot do. I was told that the extra progesterone can cause it and also the uterus is starting to move around and make room for all thats happenning down there. You are not going insane, but you will certainly feel you like are sometimes!

Rocky - My constipation is on and off, I stopped using pessaries in the back and also have a couple of dried apricots and drink warm water about an hour later which seems to help. Its that thats making your appetite low and making you feel full to the brim. You could try prune juice? But the thought of it just makes me want to gag!
:jilly:
babydust
1st IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - bfn
Adenomyosis diagnosed May 2010
Zoladex Treatment Jul-Sep 2010
2nd IVF November 2010 - BFP!!!
6w One [zx076] seen 23 Dec 2011
10w One Jumping Baby [zx075] seen 22 January 2011
12w6d Laid back Baby [zx075] seen 10 Feb 2011

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Can't believe I'm a mummy of 2. Feel so blessed :)

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 1:17pm

Happy New Year :party:

Well done to those who stayed up late. Wow! I was in bed for 9pm. Was woken at midnight by lots of fireworks though, which went on for half an hour - how inconsiderate lol!

Adreamz - my sickness comes and goes. I'm sure it will be back with a vengence soon hun and you'll be wishing for a break from it lol xx

Welcome Shadow and congrats on your BFP, what a wonderful early Xmas present eh? x

Rocky - if you can stomach it have some high fibre cereal like bran flakes. It always works for me. A small bowl with sliced banana is nice and pretty healthy too x

Rocky I know what you mean about being able to lounge at home and deal with the sickness but I do wonder if I feel worse moping about. A couple of friends called round yesterday afternoon and before they arrived I felt lousy but once we were relaxing in the living room having a chinwag it took my mind off the sickness.

Feeling queasy today but it is reassuring even though I feel like cr @ p lol. DH is watching United so think I'll go and have a lie down upstairs.

Just think ladies - we're having a baby THIS year - woohoo

:xxx3:

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 5:21pm

happy new year all.

welcome shadow hun ive had cramping loads and been bad at times so dont worry!! and i have 4yr old that cilmbs on me 2!! hurts doesnt it?

rocky i seem to find that if i drink it makes me feel worse 2! and i was drinking loads of water always have, and now it makes me sick have to have lime in it or something! very strange

peony wow 2.30 am i stayed up till 12.05!! hehe thats was enough had been working all day and had to be at work all day 2day too

hoping yes we are all having a baby this year!!! its madness!! lol xxxx

well i been at work all day and yesterday very very sick and still have bad migranes which i never had with my 1st!! grrrr found the only thing to make me feel better is to eat all day!!! hummm maybe not good ive been snacking on breadsticks and fruit mainly which is fine in my day job because i can sneak into stock room to eat but my night job i cant so havent figured out how to stop sickness then! sickness bands kinda help i think!! haha well my little boy still thinks the scan picture looks like a squirrel?!?!? so baby has now got a nickname! poor thing hehe xxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 6:41pm

Happy New Year

Hey everyone :hello:

I stayed up until 3.30am! I was ready for my bed at 12! I am absolutely shattered today, had a few naps zzzz can't believe somethin so tiny can make me feel so tired! My first ever sober New Years Eve! :snigger: fed up of being a taxi service tho :cross:

I'm still having lots of cramps, they are worse in the night, my ovaries start pulling and twisting when I turn over as my bladder gets fuller. Keep getting nauseous after a big meal, had a full English about one o'clock, and been feelin sicky ever since :puke:

One week today till my scan, can't come soon enough, just want to see everything is ok nailbite

Went to docs on Thurs to pass on letter from the clinic for them to prescribe me pessaries for the next 8 weeks. Got 4 weeks supply and am to go back once clinic has discharged me and when I need more pessaries so they can arrange midwife etc.

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

Hazy

Ace

Reg: Sep 16th 2009

Children: One beautiful boy!

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 9:44pm

Feeling pretty rough today - bloating is particularly fun this evening and despite all the wind, there's no relief!

Anyone else got any ohss symptoms?
TTC for two years before referral
Lap 1: Sept 09 Found 6cm endometrioma and Stage IV endometriosis
Lap 2: Nov 09 Removed endo, adhesions, cysts and appendix (stuck to cyst!)
ICSI Dec 2010....BFP xfingers (hospitalised with sepsis at 6 weeks)

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 9:18am

Oh god I think it maybe over for me. When I went to the loo this morning I wiped and there was some brown discharge! I'm so sacred, if it continues I'm going to go to A&E as I had an ectopic last June and I'm sacred its happening again! X
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN

Hoping77

What's Up?

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 10:08am

Ellabella - I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry. I had some brown discharge at about 7 weeks and again last week. I wear pantyliners because of the pessaries and there was about a tablespoon of brown discharge smeared on the liner. I went into panic and was on knicker watch (I've had 2 chemical pregnancies) but thankfully (and touch wood!) I haven't had anymore and as you know my scan on Wednesday went well.

Keep an eye on it and if you start getting red blood and are in pain then go to your hospital. I know brown discharge can mean anything, good or bad, so it is very worrying. I really hope everything is OK hun.

Whatever you do, don't google as you will bring up positive and negative stories so it will just mess with your head. Keep us posted. Try and relax and get some rest.

xx

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 10:55am

Thanks Hoping, I called the EPAU and they can't fit me in before my scan at the clinic on tuesday. They've told me to relax but in to A&E if I get any heavy blood or pain. I'm so sacred this is the end x
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 1:05pm

Just poping by to say happy new Year
I will be back after my scan . hope hope hope
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART bab11

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 2:47pm

Good luck for your scan Mim - will be thinking of you.

Ellabella - please try not to worry. I've read that spotting is very common in pregnancy. Try to get as much rest as you can.

I had a really bad day yesterday with nausea. Still not been sick but not managing to eat or drink very much as everthing I try makes me feel worse. I can't bear the feeling of liquid sitting in my stomach. Trying to force myself to eat small bits but it's not making me feel any better. Been searching for tips and just come across the usual - ginger, eat little and often etc but none of it seems to be working for me. Oh well, only about 5 more weeks of it!!!

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 5:04pm

Ellebella I hope everything is ok for you. Definitely rest!!! Only 2 days to scan xx

Rocky, keep trying to eat little and often even if you feel like s**t, I'm exactly the same.

Mum good luck with your scan, when is it?

Feeling better today, I think the hormones take over some times, spent all day in bed yesterday crying!! Had to work a night shift last night (and tonight) and probably worked myself up over the nausea as I have to eat every 2 hours practically else I'm awful!! I believe that the folic acid mixes with your hormones and make you feel sick as today I was late taking it and only felt terrible 30mins after!! Fingers crossed anyways as defiantly means will stop at 12weeks!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Children: a bun in the oven!

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 8:47pm

Good luck for ur scan mim.

Congrats shadow

Well the tablets seem to be working I haven't been sick though I constantly feel sick. But at least I'm keeping food down now which makes me feel better.

I lasted until 12.30am which I was pretty impressed at but Wowza all u ladies partying on! Well done!

Hope everyones ok xxx

P.s apologies to anyone I haven't mentioned, I'm on my phone so can't type and look at what people have said

bab23

IVF Nov 2010, 30 eggs, 20 embryos, 6 snow babies and a BFP!!!

MY DIARY - Mindy and Daddy Cool's pregnancy diary!

Help for Heroes Parachute Jump www.bmycharity.com/v2/stevencurry

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 10:50pm

EllaBella - Hope everything has calmed down and that you are resting as much as you can before your scan.

Mim - see you soon!

Hazy - No OHSS for me, have you spoken to your clinic about it?

Adreamz - sorry you had a bad day, hope you feel better today.

Mindy - 12.30 is admirable and glad that the tabs are helping.

AFM - Was feeling really tired today after shopping for a few hours, had some lower back twinges walking around but think it might the flats I was wearing, Im usually a heels person. Also the cramps has been replaced with what can only be described as a twisted rubber band twangy feeling, have to be careful getting up too quick or it pings...very odd feeling, spoke to my friend new year and she said had the same early on in her second pregnancy, something to do with the muscles down there, so am doing my pelvic floor execrsie whenever I remember, usually first thing and then last thing at night.

Hope you are all good

xxxx
babydust

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 8:42am

Just wanted to wish good luck to those having their scans tomorrow - is it Booboo, Mim and Ellabella? Anyone else having a scan this week?

I had another sick day yesterday (threw up twice). I really hope it starts to ease after 12 weeks.. It's my last day off work today and then back to reality tomorrow. Holidays go far too quick!

Mindy - glad you're keeping food down. Are you still enjoying smoothies? I got some Innocent ones yesterday x

Adreamz - glad the sickness has returned lol. I know what you mean about hormones, on Xmas Eve I was sobbing because I felt DH hadn't tidied the house properly (well, to my standard lol), and I was upset with myself because I was too physically exhausted to do it myself. I just felt frustrated. Mad what hormones do to us lol x

Peony - I have had those feelings. If I am lay down and get up suddenly I feel a pull in my stomach like a stitch and it takes my breath away sometimes x

Hi to anyone else I have missed.

Looking forward to hearing how the scans go this week and have everything crossed for you all xfingers

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 9:09am

Hi guys, thanks for all the support yesterday, the brown discharge has stopped, now I'm just hoping it stays away and that my scan will be ok tomorrow. Sorry I can do personals i use my phone and its really hard to type long messages! Hope you all have a good day and good luck to everyone having scans xxx
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 10:56am

good morning lovelies.
Just wanted to nip on and wish u all a happy new year. Lets hope 2011 is the best for all of us.
Ellabella- so glad to hear your spotting has stopped. I had red/brown spotting in week 5 for a day and i was ok so hopefully u will be too if its stopping now. I know how distressing it can be though. It does sound promising if its not lots and/or bright red. Good luck for tomorrow hun with your scan.

Good luck to mim too for your scan this week. And hope all you other lovelies are well. I see sickness and tiredness continues in here...oh the joys eh!

I'm on my phone too so sorry not many personals.

I have my scan tom so very excited/nervous/anxious!! There's no reason for things to have gone wrong but ya can't help but worry can u?

I'll pop by properly later. I've been busy taking down my xmas tree, cleaning and visiting family sinse new year.

Take care my pregga's friends :happy:

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 11:54am

Booboo, how many weeks is this scan? Fingers crossed all will be well
Ellebella, I'm glad it has stopped, remember to rest as that's probably what your body is trying to tell you
Hoping, I'm praying that my sickness end at 12 weeks too and that I don't follow in my sisters footsteps as she has sickness throughout pregnancy!! I feel terrible today. Nausea is worse, I'm constipated. Feel completely bloated, have back ache and headaches. I just can't seem to drink!!! I use to drink loads. Not sure if the backache is constipation or kidney infection. I asked dh if I could just sleep for 9months!! My sister was admitted to hospital in week 7. The only good thing is I'm not vomiting!!!
Sorry I'm so depressing but I'm frustrated i can't get on with jobs!! I'm doing a course and I really need to be doing some study!!
I really hope everyone else feels better in their pregnancy xxx

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 11:55am

Booboo just realised you will be in trimester 2 tomorrow xxx

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 12:27pm

hi all

just a quick hi to wish everyone luck with their scans this week!! what ever stage they are at xxxx

i have finally found a pair of jeans to fit me!! BUT they are the ones i wore when 6months pregnant with my son!!! hummm not good, looks like this ones going to be a big baby 2!!! hehehe
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 1:05pm

Hi everyone,

Well Adreamz - I second everything that you have said. I just feel rotten again today. Can't believe something so small can make me feel so bad. Back to work tomorrow.....but not sure how I'll cope with that. Everytime I stand up I go dizzy and feel awful. The only time I feel slightly better is when I lie down (can't do that tomorrow!!!). Can't eat - except for a few bits here and there and can't take fluids either Forcing down a few sips of water cos I know I need to. Can't get appointment with midwife until Friday 14th so don't know what to do until then. Sorry for being so miserable....just feel so ill. I've even wondered if this is pregnancy related or something else.

Ellabella I'm really pleased that your bleeding seems to have stopped. Sounds like everything is OK.

Hope everyone else is having a better day!!

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 3:08pm

Rocky, thank you, I just laughed out loud because about 30mins ago I said to dh "I'm not even sure that I haven't got some bug or something that is making me feel I'll as oppose to it being pregnancy related", sounds like we are very similar so unless we have both picked up the same bug then think this is just those hormones!! Feel a little better since having a shower (or am I just trying to convince myself of this)
I'm a little worried because dh goes back to work tomorrow and he has been pampering to my every need, ie I can eat if something is put in front of me but have no appetite or motivation to make myself anything!!
Good luck with the scans tomorrow ladies.

Hazy

Ace

Reg: Sep 16th 2009

Children: One beautiful boy!

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 4:04pm

Rocky, I'm the same - even my skin hurts! The bloating has made me do a complete wardrobe overhaul to get through the next few days - one massive pair of trousers and lots of elasticated skirts!
I've stocked up on schoolbars, fruit and all sorts of snacks, hopefully it will help me stay awake through the day. I look absolutely wretched - not sure there's enough make up in my house to get me looking healthy!

Will be sort of nice to be back at work and thinking about something else, but I'm dreading leaving my lovely cocoon!
TTC for two years before referral
Lap 1: Sept 09 Found 6cm endometrioma and Stage IV endometriosis
Lap 2: Nov 09 Removed endo, adhesions, cysts and appendix (stuck to cyst!)
ICSI Dec 2010....BFP xfingers (hospitalised with sepsis at 6 weeks)

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 4:41pm

Oh I am glad that I am not the only one feeling this bad (although sorry that others are feeling bad). Yes, I was even thinking maybe I have swine flu or something - totally ridiculuous I realise, but was hoping that I had a virus that might clear up in a couple of days so that I would feel well again. Can't bear the thought that this could get worse before it gets better....although think I may be better if I could actucally be sick rather than just feeling it.

Hazy - Clothes are a little bit of a problem for me too. Just tried on 2 pairs of trousers that are tight and uncomfortable and have dug out a bigger pair. Not even sure if they will fit by tomorrow - my stomach seems to be getting bigger by the day despite the lack of food!! And as for work....everyone will be asking whether I've had a nice holiday. It's going to be hard trying to say Ive had a lovely holiday when I will be looking so rough and just wanting to collapse and lie on the floor!!!

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 4:41pm

Oh and good luck to everyone for scans tomorrow and this week xx

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 6:01pm

Glad to see that everyone is looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, I really dont wont to go and leave my cocoon either! I cant leave the house for longer than 4 hours and want to sleep at about 2pm every day! :tear: Should be interesting....

EllaBella - so pleased to hear that the discharge has stopped, great news!
BooBoo - 12 weeks...whoop whoop! next week you will be in second tri, keep some seats warm for us!
Rocky, Adreamz and Hazy - sorry you are all feeling so crappy, hope thats its just pregnancy related and that it passes quickly.
Good luck to all those having scans and hello to anyone Ive missed.

My stomach actually looks like an old kitchen chair seat pad has been surgically inserted under the skin! I showed my mum today and she laughed and confirmed that it did :laugh:
Most of my stomach growth I know is down to the extra eatage and lack of movement...ahh I dont care I'll take anything as long as I look pregnant, I've waited long enough!
I have tried on some work troos and most still are ok despite the flab...I have bought 2 long cardis to cover up if needed. Ive been living in leggings so its going to feel horrible getting back into proper clothes, I dont think I could even contemplate jeans, am waiting until I get the maternity ones...

I also have back ache when walking around, have to take much slower steady steps to stop the sciatica type feeling and some of the twinges back again down below. Ive looked up a few things on the web and sounds likely that its Pevic Girdle Pain(PGP) will ask about at my docs app this week. Apparently physio can help correct the way you walk which in turn will help reduce the symptoms of PGP. Nice huh?!

Ok, I need to chill now. Have good nights everyone and look forward to hearing about all the scans this week!

blowkiss
babydust

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 6:29pm

We certainly are a sickly first trimester group aren't we lol? I don't think anyone has got away with it. I have just thrown up again. Dreading work tomorrow now as I felt lousy in work before Christmas and ended up having a few days off because of it. It makes me feel better knowing that some of you feel absolutely awful too - as in I sometimes feel like I'm exagerating the sickness but it really does wipe you out doesn't it? There is just no let up from it.. If I'm not throwing up I just feel sick. Silly thing is ladies if the sickness stopped we would start worrying wouldn't we lol?

Re clothes I tried to find some maternity work pants yesterday but failed. They had some nice ones in DP but they were too long. The ones I tried on in Mothercare were too short or for heavily pregnant women. I just need an elasticated waist but I don't like the fit of normal elasticated trousers, I want them more tailored. Anyway, a friend gave me a tip and said use a bobble to thread through your button hole in your trousers and wrap it around the button, it gives it a bit more give apparently. I'm going to try it tomorrow so will let you know if it works. I find my stomach gets bigger as the day goes on. I can't wait to tell everyone in work after my 12 week scan and then I can relax and not feel the need to hide my growing belly. In fact I am contemplating asking my boss if I can wear leggings most days as I am not client facing so shouldn't matter.

Good luck again to the ladies having scans tomorrow. I will be logging on as much as I can in work to check on you all [zx074]

grouphug

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 8:48pm

Hi ladies, just popped in to say the discharge has stayed away today so I'm really pleased but I'm so nervous for my scan tomorrow, I don't think I'll sleep tonight! I'm sorry for all you girls who are feeling/being sick, luckily mine comes and goes so i get a break. I am completely shattered though and like most of you don't know how I'll cope when I go back to work on wednesday! Anyway I'm going to try and get some sleep. Good luck to my fellow scanners xxx
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Children: none yet

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 9:37pm

Hi Ladies,

It was very comforting reading everyone is dreading going to work tomorrow and no work clothes fit. ;)
I am also stocking up on snack bars to take with me to ease the sickness. Mine comes on around 10AM and stays till late afternoon.
Good luck to everyone scanning this week! blowkiss

My Diary

1# ICSI: Jan 2009 (Create): :BFN:
2# ICSI: March 2010 (Wessex): :BFP: - early loss
3# ICSI: Nov 2010 (ARGC): :BFP:
6 & 7 wk scan :heart: :heart: seen
8,9,10 wk scan :heart: seen
Immune issues

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 9:03am

Good morning hope everyone is well!

I'm off work today, been up all night vomiting and I'm so weak so I bit the bullet and stayed off.

Now I'm just lying on the settee trying not to feel sorry for myself!

Good luck anyone scanning this week xx

bab23

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 11:38am

Sorry to hear you've been bad over night mindy probably best to stay home and rest.
I'm not in work till tonight so slept for 12 hours (minus breakfast with dh)and feel better today, in fact I started feeling better after I had a strawberry milkshake from macdonalds!! Hope we are allowed these!!
Ive not put too much weight on yet, in fact I have been measuring myself weekly and it seems my thighs and boobs are the only things that have increase minimally!!
I'll be checking up on here to see how the scans all go today, good luck to you xxx
I've got a midwife appointment tomorrow, which should be interesting as I've been told she is crap!!!
Hope work goes well everyone.

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 12:00pm

Hi Guys
I am getting very nervous about tomoro , and on top of it I have been so sick with a bad flu for a week now , and weird thing I was sick from week 4-5 and then my ms was gone from week 5 -7 now it seems it is coming back i hope ;) weird wish for ms isn it? hope all of you are well
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART bab11

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 12:38pm

OMG - ITS TWINS!!!!!! 2 perfect heartbeats seen measuring at 6 weeks 5 days so a day behind where I thought! I'm completely shocked!!!!!!
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 12:43pm

Congratulations Ellabella, that is amazing news, twins :weehee: May take a little getting use to. So happy for you hun. :congrats:

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 2:29pm

ellabella wow congrats hun xxxxx double the trouble lovely xxxx

im trying my hardest to drink water but it makes me so sick!!! milk is fine and juice is ok but cant drink water!! bit worried now as water is so good for you and im not getting hardly any?!?!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 2:52pm

Hi everyone,

Well it was back to work today. Luckily we've finished early today but I can tell you....I've had a few really dodgy moments!! Really thought I was going to have to leave the room and lie down several times. It seems to come on worse sometimes and I go all hot and bothered. Managed to get through though and have started to feel a little better this afternoon - I've even eaten some pizza. Got a cracking headache though.

My next worry (another one!) is swine flu. I work in a school and it's been on the news that they expect the outbreak of swine flu to increase rapidly when the kids are back - we've not had any kids in today but they will be in tomorrow.

Mindy - sorry to hear that you've been so ill. I didnt think I was going to make it in this morning as I felt so bad. Hopefully the rest will do you good and you'll start to feel better soon x

Wow Ellabella!! That's great news. I'm so pleased that everything's OK for you - but you have more than you bargained for now!!

Good luck to everyone else with scans this week x

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 2:58pm

Rocky have you had your swine flu jab? I work in a hospital and haven't had mine, I just stay away from anyone suspected of having it (no-one has cottoned on to this yet) I was going to talk to the midwife about it tomorrow so I will let you know what she says, if you have had it, as long as you had it 2 weeks ago you should be protected!!
Mum82, I cant drink water either, as long as you are getting some fluid then it is fine

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 3:14pm

No I've not had the jab - really not wanting to. Yes please let me know what your midwife says. Friends of mine are saying that I should stay off work for a while until it dies down but I don't want to do cos I feel too guilty. But I also don't want to catch anything. Even the adults have all been saying today how family and friends have had flu over Xmas. Will try and keep my distance but it's easier said than done with kids. Don't want to tell the Head yet as it's too early but I think if I was to tell her she would have a duty to inform me of any swine flu cases in school.

Liquids of any kind are still not good for me - forcing myself to have a fews sips of water here and there. Is this gonna get worse before it gets better?

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 5:48pm

:hi: all, I have been reading your posts on here but have only just plucked up the courage to join in....am worried about jinxing myself by posting on this thread.....but I've taken the plunge!!!!!!!!

Rocky - I am a teacher and checked at the docs today. They said that it is not 'imperative' to have the flu jab, but is recommended. I start back tomorrow, kids in, (half my class off with flu before the hols) but have booked for flu jab friday night. [zx216]

EllaBella - Wow, twins, congratulations!!!!! Fab news!!! bab10 bab11 ???!!!!

To everyone else, a very warm howdy!!

I am 5 weeks and 5 days today.

I had a failed IVF, but shock positive after a natural conception.

I asked to be referred to the Early Pregnancy Unit today, as it has taken so long to get pg, but the dr said no as it was a natural conception.

Have made a midwife appt. for next week, will be 7 weeks pg.

I have had barely any symptoms which I am worrying about!

I have had quite a lot of period type pains, so convinced at times that is is the onset of AF that I have been constantly on knicker watch!!! [zx253] [zx251]

Been totally knackered, but that is nothing new, I am a 9 hour a night kinda girl!

I have noticed I am peeing a lot more than I would normally do.

Had no nausea, have been boobpoke and had a tiny bit of tenderness, but that has kind of stopped now.

I feel like all I have done since finding out is worry, convince myslef that someone has played a joke on me and it can't actually be real, diagnose myself with everything under the sun that could possible go wrong :scared:

Anyone else as neurotic as me?????????????????????????????????

:xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 6:14pm

Welcome Tinyteacher and big Congratulations on your BFP!!!

Thanks for the info about what your doctor said - puts my mind at rest a bit. I wouldn't worry too much about your lack of symptoms - enjoy it while it lasts. I'm sure the nausea will be along soon. It's totally normal to be worried about everything - we all are on here! From what I've read AF type pains are normal - not had them myself but have had other worrying things. Good luck being back at school tomorrow!

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 6:30pm

PS - Tiny - are you having time off work for your midwife appointment? And if so what excuse are you using?

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 6:58pm

Ellabella - What fantstic news!! You must be over the moon! weehee!!

Mim - I hope you get some good sleep tonight, and wish that you get some good news tomorrow, ms back is a good sign!

Mum82 - as long as you are drinking something then it will be enough

Rocky - I'm not sure what to advise re the flu jab, personally I'm staying away from it, but then I'm a bit anti immunisation anyway. You need to do what feels right for you.

Hey TinyTeacher! Congrats on your BFP! I am definitely as neurotic as you and think that its totally fine to be considering what we have all been through to this point. I think I need to get moving on my midwife appt, I'm only going to the docs this Thursday!

Sorry if Ive missed anyone xxx
ooh Mindy, so sorry you had a bad night, good that you have stayed off to recover, I hope you are feeling better this evening.

AFM - booked a chiropractors appt today as was getting some upper and lower back pain (see...neurotic) and Im glad I did, seems to have sorted me out and she reckons I have a twisted pelvis, so good to get it sorted early on rather than when Im the size of a baby elephant (which I will love!)

Work back today was rubbish, have Friday and Monday off next week though so only 2 more days to get through!

Night all!
xxxx
babydust

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pe0ny" (Jan 4th 2011, 7:00pm)

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 7:03pm

hiya huns.
just back form my 12 week scan. all was perfect. it was just amazing, the most wonderful thing in the world ever! Buba is a now a proper baby!!!! we saw all hands, arms, legs, toes.....was just amazing. i don't know how to put my piccie on here though, i've forgetten how to do it!! anyway the everything was perfect meaurement wise and HB. other things were also measured like kidney flow and they we also perfect. oh and we got the all clear on the nuchal even though we'd not asked for it. So me and dh are so over the moon. i'm not leaving u all yet though cos i'm technically 1st trimester until 13.5 weeks!

ellabella - Amazing news at your scan too :weehee: Double trouble but double the love lurve Huge congratulations hun and really glad the spotting didn't turn out to be anything.

Tinyteacher - WOW!!!! and :congrats: on your BFP too hun. You were in the Clovers with me weren't you?? or was it the 2ww, i can't quite remember? thats great news hun, its funy how u hear of natural BFP's after tx. i think tx must give your body a kick up the ass and then voila!! i bet you are so pleased. i hope everything goes well for you hun, wishing u a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Rocky - i was a bit like u and really didn;t want the flu jab. i always think the less drugs in my body the better while preg. but i was spurred on to having it after dh's dad for flu over xmas and thought it was safer to get the jab than not. afterall the chances of complications after the jab are so small compared to the chances of catching flu. my midwife also checked i'd had it done today and if i'd not by now she was going to suggest i do. but do what you feel comfortable with, you know your own body hun.

hope everyone else is ok.

good luck to Mim for your scan tomorrow hun :goodluck: , i'll be thinking of you

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 7:21pm

Ellabella - WOW!! Congratulations honey. Were you shocked when they said twins? Did you have 2 put back in or has the embryo split? See, that spotting you had was probably just them getting nice and snug in your womb lining xx

Booboo - congratulations to you too hun. It's amazing the difference isn't it after a few weeks? I could see arm buds and little legs at my 10 week one and can't wait to see if they've grown at 12 weeks. Are you telling everyone now? Re adding your pic, make sure the scan is saved on your computer and then just select upload pic I think via your edit profile page. I think there is a box called Avatar?!

Hi to everyone else. Sorry not done anymore personals. I've had a long day in work and felt so sick again. Threw up when I got in and am now starving waiting for my oven chips to cook! In such a fussy food mood but fancy chips and gravy.

Mim - will be thinking of you tomorrow hun xx

Oh and welcome Tiny Teacher and congrats on your BFP. Enjoy the lack of symptoms as they will probably hit you very soon. I got the sickness at about 5 and a half weeks and it's continued daily for the past 6 weeks!!

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 9:27pm

I'm loving all the good news today ladies!!

Twins ellabella? That's fab news!

Welcome tiny teacher Congrats!

Boo boo Congrats on Ur scan!

Hoping I saw Ur status on Facebook. Glad Ur feeling confident enough to tell everyone!

Well I have slept most of the day and have managed to keep some food down but I still feel sick, on the upside it should stop in 2 weeks! I cannot believe I'm 10 weeks today! It's flew over!

Xxxx

bab23

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests