You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Monday, February 7th 2011, 9:04pm

Hello - I havent been in here for ages and soon will be heading to the next tri , but just wanted to say how lovely and smiley its making me reading all your delight at your BFPs. Im obviously feeling the love tonight :O

Few things from my limited but very new experience so far:

Cramps are totally normal and yet totally scary, they eventually change into different type of stretchy feelings somewhere around week 12
Nausea - I wasnt actually sick and was quite lucky, I tried everything going. The main things that worked for me were:
eating blueberries,
eating every 2 hours (quite hard to do - for me anyway)
travel sickness bands, but they were bloody tight and couldnt keep them on for long,
drinking hot elderflower cordial with some fresh ginger grated into it,
and my latest is sniffing a cut lemon...with a few licks in for good measure, this one has been a revelation as it means I dont have to force myself to eat when I dont want to even though its only a few blueberries!
Stress Incontinence - oh yes, some of you will get it, just bite the bullet and get yourself some tenalady, there is no dignity in pregnancy really!
Go get a scan if you really really cant hack waiting, it made the world of difference to me actually being able to enjoy being pregnant.
Celebrate now that you are pregnant, try not to worry about the future, just trust that everything is how it should be, I wasted too long worrying already and am at 12 weeks, only 6 months left of being pregnant left....(and no doubt I will be bricking it for most of that time too.)..but, ah you get what I mean

Anyway - just wanted to list out some things that I wish I had seen all in one go...Im sure there is more and Im sure that you wll worry and fret in exactly the same way as I have done and as everyone else has done before me since time began, its a right...and one that we fought so hard for! So enjoy it all!

blowkiss

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pe0ny" (Feb 7th 2011, 9:05pm)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, February 7th 2011, 11:08pm

What a lovely post. Thank you Pe0ny x

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 8:02am

I aggree PeOny, what will happen will happen, you may only get one chance to experience this amazing journey so enjoy every second :hugs:

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 9:13am

Ali Bird, just noticed your lovely BFP! we were pregnant last time together too and I just wanted to say how delighted I am!
Ladies, sadly the whole smells thing seems to linger (scuse the pun) through out pregnancy. Last time it was coffee for me and my DH's aftershave! This time it's only really been raw eggs that can really set me off ( they smell like really strong semen! ugh!) Congratulations to all of you on this thread and look forward to seeing you on the second Tri. xxx

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 5th 2011

Children: Hopefully soon!

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 10:42am

Morning girls,

Shell - hiya hun. Yes there is a few of us JJ's on here now :) I am due the same day as Taxi - 14th October xfingers

Taxi - I am weeing everytime I drink too and have really sore boobs even though i am no longer taking pessaries (my clinic said I no longer needed them as my body will produce it by itself now?).

On the subject of sex - DH and I have decided no sex till after the first trimester - he not too happy but he doesn't want to risk it anymore than I do!

Tina xxxx

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 5:12pm

Hi girls,

Had nine week scan yesterday and all is well. A bump has appeared already, but read it may be gas (lovely!) DH noticed it this morning - wasn't gonna spread the word til after the 14 week scan but at this rate people will be guessing
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Hazy

Ace

Reg: Sep 16th 2009

Children: One beautiful boy!

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 7:15pm

Sorry for the TMI in this post.....but I'm now 11 weeks and all of a sudden 'whoosh' comes loads of ewcm. I've read that this is normal, but mine seems to be yellowish-beige.
My current theory is that I did have some spots of old blood knocking about (from when my other embryo stopped growing right at the beginning and was expelled) and the normal ewcm mixed with that to produce the vague beige.

But it is still freaking me out....hopefully it will be clear again soon. But still weird to have so much of it.

***TMI ends****
TTC for two years before referral
Lap 1: Sept 09 Found 6cm endometrioma and Stage IV endometriosis
Lap 2: Nov 09 Removed endo, adhesions, cysts and appendix (stuck to cyst!)
ICSI Dec 2010....BFP xfingers (hospitalised with sepsis at 6 weeks)

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 6:02am

Hello ladies!

Can I joind this thread? I've just got my BFP so am only 4 weeks but, hey....we have to start somewhere:)

x

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 8:15am

Cath :clap on scan, glad all is well and I bet you are looking forward to the next one. I have grown a bump too but I have read that you show earlier second time around, either way until my 12 week scan, I am wearing bigger clothes and hope people think its just a bit of christmas pud.
Hazy, are you still taking the pesseries?
Daisy, congratulations and welcome to the first tri thread, it's a bit strange as it hasn't sunk in for me yet and I am sure a lot of the ladies feel the same.

I got a call from the mw yesterday who has confirmed by booking in appointment for Thur 17th and my first scan is Fri 25th - just over 2 weeks to go :clap I am so excited to see the LO and cannot wait to tell everybody. I went to the pics last night and ate too much pop corn and too much coke, by the time I got home I looked 6 months pg :snigger:

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 9:58am

Morning girls

Welcome Daisy it's great to have you here - it hasn't sunk in for me either and still on knicker watch :rollseyes:

Cath - great news on your scan hun :)

Ali Bird - my first scan is on the same day as yours - hoping to hear the little heartbeat as I think it will feel real to me then :)

Hope everyone is good today!

xxxxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 12:02pm

Cathcat - Great news on the scan. I am dreading mine. Dreading it.
AliBird - Good luck at the scan. I have 3 weeks to wait for mine.
Daisy - Welcome hon. I am only coming up for 5 weeks so there are a lot of newly preggos here.
Hazy - CM is part of the whole pregnancy thing. It gets worse as you get more pregnant. Something for us all to look forward to. :)
Little Miss Hopeful - I have given up nicker watch. I am having a lot of clear watery CM anyway & as all my nickers are now stained from treatment it freaks me out everytime. Instead I am just checking when I wipe & as long as thats fine I am fine. :)

xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 4:30pm

Hi all,

Just want to let you know that I'm signing out of 1st trimester now as I've jus been for scan and been dated as 13+1. Thanks to everyone for all the advice over the last weeks and hope to chat to you soon over in the 2nd trimester. Good luck everyone xx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 4:41pm

Hi everyone

A few questions (sorry) anyone know what's with the peeing all the time????? I just have to look at a drink and i need the loo! also I still have really sore/full boobs even though I stopped taking the pessaries last Friday - I didn't think your boobs changed this early in the pregnancy? and I still feel like AF is on the way but when I look there's nowt there?

Taxi - I'm not getting any clear watery CM - should I be?

xxxx

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 5:28pm

hey everyone,

Good luck for your 2nd trimester Rocky

hello to Daisy & big congratulations on being here, i think i am 5 weeks now, scan booked for Feb 2nd.

I am really worried today, i have a very specific period sign for the past 3 hours (TMI alert - my bum crack feels a little like it is burning/stinging).... it is a period sign without fail ever month, i am worried sick it means it is on the way and i have had a chemical PG, called the clinic and they want me in for blood test tomorrow. am terrified, feel i have tempted fate with all the talk of twins and telling my mum etc

please all keep fingers crossed for me!

xx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "anna14" (Feb 9th 2011, 5:31pm)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 6:27pm

Hi Anna - Please dont worry. We may very well have similar symptons to AF. Our body is adjusting to a whole new experience.
I would have doubted a chemical could give such a high reading hon.

Miss Hopeful - It is a very thin watery CM my lovely. I dont get it all the time it comes & goes. It makes my panties wet thats how I notice it. It is not thick at all. I am sure not everyone gets it.
I too am weeing all the time. constantly. Therefore if we are both doing it & we are both pregnant it must be good eh.

I am retesting at the end of this week. Just for my own peace of mind. I am pooping myself but have to do it. I dont know what I hope to achieve by it but I have heard some clinics ask you too. Not mine but other ladies on here have said. I will be quaking in fear. :(

x

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 6:37pm

Hey everyone!

Had my dating scan today, measured 2 days ahead at 11+2 and they gave me due date 29th aug, but think I'll stick with my dates for the ticker though.
Apt was at 11.10am and the letter said to drink a pint of water 1 hr before apt, so I did. when we got there they hadn't got my hospital records but said they will get someone to bring them, so we sat and waited.....and waited....and waited! :cross: made DF go and ask them how much longer as I was nearly crying, had been waitin over an hour!!! They said can you wait a few more minutes, so I did and it was about another 10 before we got called in, got in and lay down, was in so much pain by then, she said do you want to empty some, I said no way, I won't be able to stop!! Never have been able to do that! Especially not now preg!! So she did scan and straight away said gosh your bladder is huge!!! Like duh :rolleyes: I cried when I saw everything was ok! :bawl: She then said she couldn't do the nuchal scan cos I think its a bit too early yet, and we would need to go back in 2 weeks, so we get to see little one again!!!
Afterwards we saw consultant who still hadn't got the records so had to go by my midwife notes.... :cross: Anyway we got a brilliant picture, saw heartbeat and are really happy :D

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 8:15pm

Shelbie - that's great news!! 2 days ahead - you've got a busy one in there!!! :)

Anna - I know it sounds hard but pleeeaaaase try not to worry. Pregnancy can do all sorts of strange things to your body. A blood test tomorrow will give you some answers. xfingers

Taxi - I'm weeing loads too!! We can form the pee club :snigger:

Hopeful - I keep feeling a 'gush' and think I have wet myself or AF has arrived but when I go to check - nothing! Maybe it's just one of these wierd pg symptoms. Nice to be having them though :thumbsup:

As for me - spotting has stopped and had beta today - 115 happydance

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 8:25pm

Shelbie Congrats on the scan. Shame you had to wait so long though & in such discomfort.

Daisy - Great BETA I am unable to have blood test results & in a way I suppose I am glad. I could ask GP but I will see how I feel on Monday.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Jan 22nd 2011

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 9:46pm

Hi hope everyone is ok.

Taxi couldn't find where you posted your BFP but sooo pleased for you.

I have been miserable as after my BFP on 28/01 I started spotting the following Thuesday and its carried on almost every day since.

Generally a palebeige/brown but on Saturday there was one pale pink show and this morning I got some pinky red spotting and crampy pains for a short time.

Returned to brown soon after and very little to see now but am pretty devastated and so scared as m last BFP ended at the first scan, I fear I have already lost this one.

My scan not till 21/02 so still ages to go :sadface:

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 9:56pm

Dogsndonxs - can you not go to the EPU? Surely if you see them with your symptoms they will scan you and do bloods? It is so worrying, I had some spotting and after having so many early losses, it does feel like everything is over. Try to keep the faith though :hugs:

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 11:08pm

Hi Dogsndonx - How scary for you my lovely. I would call my clinic & get some advise. Maybe an early scan bub.
My BFP post is in my diary. Cant do a celebration post until I know all is ok. Toooooooo scared.

Hon brown is old blood but I would get onto my clinic for peace of mind.
Let us know how you get on Bub.
xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 11:17pm

Hello

Dognsdonx - ahh hun I would try and get in for some bloods or an early scan.

Anna - try not to worry hun and hope you get peace of mind tomorrow.

Shelbie - congrats on the scan hun :thumbup:

Daisy - great BETA hun and thanks for the reassurance

Taxi - so pleased we getting similar/same symptoms as makes me feel better - you're right hun it must be good :)

xxxxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 4:39pm

Hi Ladies.
I am stll getting some light cramps. Sometimes on left, others on right. They are not painful but noticeable.
I just dont remember having this before but I also dont think I have ever known when I am 5 weeks pregnant before either. I know from 8.5 weeks but as this was 13 years ago I appear to have forgotten it all. :(

Hope everyone else is well. x

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 4:57pm

Ugh - I have an EVIL headache and no paracetamol in. DH is away for 2 night too so I can't dispatch him on a drug run :riv3:

Will just have to reach for the water and drink more and see if that works.

Dogsndonx - how are you feeling today?

Going to have tea now so i can go to bed early tonight to make the most of having the bed to myself.

xx

My diary

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 4:58pm

Hey Ladies, hope you are all good.

I had good news back from the clinic, my beta levels are 8000, they were 3000 on Monday so within the normal doubling time for that level - still crazy high though so mentally preparing for twins.

Dogsndonx, I hope you are ok hun, don't panic though as my friend bled through the first 2 months of her natual PG, i am sure it is nothing but best to call the clinic to get some reassurance with a blood test, will be keeping everything crossed

Taxi & Little miss hopeful, i also have the cramps, pains & twinges so it must be normal if we are all having them

Shelbie - congrats on your scan & the first pictures, it must have been so emotional :)

Daisy, thanks for the reassurance hun, you must be v. pleased about your normal and good betas!

how are all the older 1st trimester ladies doing? sorry, can't see far back enough to comment, hope you are all good, can i ask when did morning sickness start for most of you and have you started showing yet? i have checked out some twin belly photos and seriously, how on earth do they function with such a huge stomach, it is making me nervous!

xxx
Anna

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "anna14" (Feb 10th 2011, 4:59pm)

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 8:49pm

Hey girls

Sorry for being so distant this week! I am back at work so busy busy! I have been readin posts but just had a spare five mins to reply!

Anna - good news about the beta levels! Exciting about twins but understand your worries too! Chin up chick and look at the positives! We will help you through it starsmile

I have been having twinges and cramps too! Its sooo exciting!!! I have also been in bed at 8.30pm every night this week My DF thinks it is hilarious!! I just can't stay awake. Not sure if it is the PG or the fact that I have started back at work after 2 and hlaf weeks off. I also cannot fit in any of my work trousers!!! My tummy is soooo bloated and I am guessing it is from the pessaries!!! I had a right mare the other morning!! I was like oh my god my trousers will literally not button up! I refuse to wear maternity trousers!!! haha!! Anyone else have this prob?

Just bought my first pregnancy book.....its brill! I went for "The day by day pregnancy book" Ithas a page about each day and loads of pictures/photos!! I love it! Even caught my DF scanning through it last night! I think he was trying to find the page about when he can have a bit of rumpy pumpy!! haha!

Anyway girls! I am still buzzing around hight as a kite and not sure when i will truely believe it!

Lots of love

Shell xxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Reg: May 31st 2010

Children: Twins

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 9:23pm

I'm not around for a week and it all happens.
Congrats Taxi, really happy for you hun x

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 10:01pm

Hello girls,

Anna - congrats on your beta levels they seem to be progressing great - and don't worry i'm sure you will be fine even if it is twins

Hi Shell - glad we are all having the same symptoms it's reassuring. as for the work trouser thing I know what you mean hun - mine don't fit and I have had to thread a new hair bobble through the button hole to stretch to the button just so they stay up - no maternity pants for me yet either lol

Daisy - sorry about the headache hun - get to bed and hope you feel better tomorrow xx

AFM I finally plucked up the courage to do a HPT (my postive blood test was a week ago) and it came back a a BFP again with a strong pink line :) so relieved and now I just have to wait another two weeks for my first scan. Still can't stop peeing - it's every hour and loads of pee (what is that all about???)

xxxxx

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 10:22pm

I am like Wee willy winkie too hun!! I keep going every hour or so too!! I wake up at 4am every morning at mo to pee!!

PEEEEEEEEEEE........let's keep peeing girls! Its got to be a good thing!!

Much love xxxxxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Friday, February 11th 2011, 6:30am

Hi girls,

Haven't had time to post on here lately...

Congratulation to all the newly pg ladies....YEAY!!!!!

Firstly, the cramps are the ligaments internally pulling your uterus up towards your abdomen.

Your womb will be pulled up and will become an abdominal organ as your pg progresses.

So AF like cramps are totally normal, but doesn't stop you rushing to the loo to check / wipe / knicker watch!!!

The peeing is all to so with the fact that there is less room around your bladder now. As your womb has grown bigger

with your LO or LOs (!!) it is pressing on your bladder, making you pee more frequently.

After your amazing body has pulled your womb up into your abdomen, the peeing will stop being as urgent...until the end when your womb descends

again ready for the birth.

This is info. from a totally neurotic pregnant person who has googled every sign and symptom for the last 11 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Symptoms vary. I had no sickness till about 9 weeks, then sickness on and off.

Eating little and often (even if you don't feel hungry) is the best advice I can give. It's worked for me. Steer clear of mega greasy grub too...makes you want to hurl at 3am!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still on knicker watch / wipe watch at 11 weeks, and still worrying. So get used to it girls!!

But I wouldn't swap it for the world.

Getting a little pot belly now, and have had to buy clothes up one size from my usual. Mat. clothes still pretty huge on me,

off on hol. for a week, but will see you all in a week.

Love tiny teacher. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

Friday, February 11th 2011, 6:33am

Shell - I am sooooo with you on the whole trouser thing. Thank goodness it isn't just me! I am bloated anyway and have been since egg collection, my bloated belly has just not gone away and as a result, the old trousers are getting tight. Good job it's still winter so we can put baggy jumpers over the top. I am a genuin muffin top at the moment!! The book sounds good too. Might have to keep my eye out for that one. How much was it?

Little Miss Hopeful - LOL about the peeing!! I am a teacher so difficult to go for timed pees but I gave up a couple of days ago and just say to my teaching assistant, "back in 2" and have to go soooo often! But I am drinking lots too so that will be contributing. Had my first night time wee last night.

Anna - they are amazing BETA levels. ooooh, twins! That would be interesting/exciting/scary. When will you find out for sure?

As for me - I had the strangest experience last night. Woke up at about midnight with a crazy fluttering sensation in my uterus, it felt almost like really light contractions. Not AF painful cramps, they were right in my uterus and not painful at all. Anyone else had this before? I'm not bleeding and my spotting stopped on Tuesday morning so I don't think it is anything sinister (I hope, anyway). Oh well, we'll see what today brings, if it IS something horrible then *something* will happen today.

xx

My diary

United Kingdom

Friday, February 11th 2011, 11:16am

Morning girls,

Tinyteacher - thank you so much for all the imformation it has really helped a lot. Nice to know why we have AF type pains and pee all the time. My DH is driving my crazy worrying about how much I pee so I can reassure him too now :) so thanks :thumbup:

Daisy - not sure what the fluttering sensation was but it doesn't sound sinister so I'm sure all is well :)

Shell - peeing through the night is annoying isn't it - messing with my sleep but it'll all be worth it in the end :)

Hope you all have a good day

Tina

xxxxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, February 11th 2011, 1:38pm

Little Miss Hopeful - Well done on the second test. Its scary though isnt it. I am going to do my last one next week then leave the pee sticks alone.

Daisy - I dont think the fluttering is anything sinister. Baby is the size of a sesame seed so it prob is nothing to do with baby. Might be the uterus growing a little though.

Thanks for all the info Tiny Teacher...

Tinkz - Thank you for the congrats :)

MAshy - Yp the peeing is fun. I am loving it though.

Hey has anyone else got strange pains in their cervix/vagina??
How wude!!!!

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Feb 11th 2011, 1:39pm)

Friday, February 11th 2011, 4:30pm

Taxihome - your question made me laugh! Whilst I've had no pain in that area, if you had asked me at any other time I would have said YES - MY DH pmsl

Had a good day at work today and all is calm on the uterus front. The fluttering has stayed away and nothing horrible has happened. Wierd!!

Hope you have all had a good day

xx

My diary

United Kingdom

Friday, February 11th 2011, 4:42pm

Taxi - Very scary but the relief was great - doing one next week too then no more till scan day :) I had a sharp pain in the vagina yesterday - it lasted a split second a couple of times then went away again - wierd??!!

Daisy - glad you've had a good day today and no flutterings/pains :)

AFM - I woke up early with a splitting headache this morning which was not good - took some paracetamol though and it shifted by lunch time. Still getting those stretchy/AF type pains and the boobs still extremely sore. But it's all good right?!?! xfingers

Tina

xxxx

Friday, February 11th 2011, 4:55pm

hey Ladies,

well, today has been a bit of a crap day, I have horrid headache above my eyes and have felt sick all day, am so worried that when my beta levels reach crazy numbers i will just be throwing up constantly.

don't need to pee any more than i did when was on TX and drinking loads, i haev had a fluttering in my fanny on and off for 2 days (sorry, TMI) on my 2 WW, it was weird felt like loads of teeny tiny muscle contractions down there , that was the only sign something was different from my first 2WW

Tina, Shell, Taxi & Daisy, glad you are all doing well and am loving all the comparing symptoms, when do you all have first scan? mine is March 2nd, will find out if single or multiples then. I had a dream i knew i was PG with twins and then Elton John gave me another baby and I was freaking out as I realised i had 3 to look after, hope it doesn't mean I am having triplets!

Tiny Teacher, thanks for all your advice [zx050]

xxx
Anna

United Kingdom

Friday, February 11th 2011, 5:01pm

Daisy - having my first scan on 25th February (which makes me 7 weeks). xfingers : D

Tina xxxxx

Friday, February 11th 2011, 5:33pm

Taxi - no pains like that for me! But think I remember you mentioning them before so guessing its nothing to worry about chick!

Daisy - glad I am not the only one who cant fit in my trousers!! How embarassing!! The pregnancy book should have been £25.99 but I got it off ebay for £10!! Bargain!

Anna - Sorry you have felt unwell today! Hope you are better now. Laughing at your TMI!! I am sure its just your uterus doing what it needs to be doing and nothing to worry about. My scan day is the day after you on 3rd March. Excited!! Would love to have had bloods to see HCG levels. How come you had them? I don't get anything now until scan. Wolud love to see HCG levels!!! I am secretly hoping for twins but will be more than happy with one!!

Little Miss Hopeful - Wow your scan day isn't far away! You will be the first out of our little group of BFPs!!! Whoop!

Love to all girls!!!
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Reg: Jan 22nd 2011

Friday, February 11th 2011, 5:38pm

Hello ladies,

Did great long post yesterday which seems to have disappeared into cyberspace!

I have stopped panicking as things seem to have calmed down the last couple of days not sure if cyclogest was irritating cervix so stopped using it vaginally & so far so good very little spotting & only brown stuff.

Can't wait to find out what the c-gest will do to my btm !!

My job makes it really hard to go for bloods and the earliest scan I could get to is next Wednesday so might as well wait for my scan on 21 st when I will be 7 w 4 days.

Good to see everyone seems to be doing ok, my boobs feel tender at night but ok by the next morning - weird. I do have to keep eating as I feel a bit sick if I get hungry hoping these are good signs.

Hope its a good weekend for all xx

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Friday, February 11th 2011, 9:29pm

Hi to everyone here on first trimester chat. smile2

I've not posted anywhere on the site for a good few weeks. Had our bfp back at the end of Jan, followed by the second bfp a week later, but have been too scared to post on the announcements page. Had our first scan just yesterday (at 7 weeks) and nurse saw 2 sacs and 2 heartbeats. We are totally gobsmacked and haven't told anyone yet.

Like most of you i'm feeling queasy pretty much all day on and off but feeling dies down when i eat something. I'm going to be the size of a blooming house i think!!! Cant wear any jeans at all, it's gonna be leggings all the way now i reckon. Leggings are easier anyway for the constant peeing. So glad it's not just me!!! Thought the excessive peeing happened at the end of pregnancy when the size/position of baby puts pressure on your bladder.

Nurse was alittle worried about one of the sacs and isn't sure it can be sustained. She advised me to really take it easy and has booked a 2nd scan next thursday. I feel so guilty cos i visited my sis last week and had to go through London on the underground and was heaving my suitcase about. Well, not a lot i can do about it now so am putting my feet up all week and crossing everything for scan on Thursday. xfingers

Hope it's a lovely relaxing weekend for everyone and look forward to reading new posts soon!!!

Love from a slightly queasy Rallygirl [zx071]

United Kingdom

Friday, February 11th 2011, 10:34pm

Shell - Yep I'm the first one of us to scan - will be 7 weeks and nervous yet excited too:) My HCG level was only 76 when they did my bloods and we only had one egg to put in so not expecting more than one. My clinic does bloods as standard but I've heard some clnics don't do them at all - weird!

Rallygirl - congrats on your scan news - two sacs that's great - fingers crossed that all is well at your 2nd scan next week :) Like the leggins idea but don't really suit the leggins look :( Will hav to invest in some elasticated trousers or something. Not getting any sickness though??!! but have had a few dizzy spells.

Dogsndonx - my boobs are tender too hun - all the time though.

Everyone seems to be getting sickness/nausea but I'm not so a bit worried about it.

Anyhoo I'm off to bed and away this weekend to Barnsley to visit our friends (just had a little baby boy a couple of months ago) so hope everyone has a fab weekend :)

Tina
xxxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, February 11th 2011, 11:20pm

Hi Rallygirl & congrats. I hope both your babies will be fine hon.

Little Miss hopeful - Dont worry about the nausea. We are all different. My nausea is just mild & in waves. I am not actualy being sick. I am expecting that at about 8 weeks.

Anna good luck at your scan. Ours is now on 3rd March so a day after yours. Seems ages away. I am petrified I really am but going to hold out on PMA & hope.

Dogsndonx - I put my cyclogest up my bottom. It is far better, The crinone though is in my front . Not had it for a week though as hard to get hold of so on treble cyclogest instead.

MAshy & Daisy hope your well.

Sorry if I have missed anyone. xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 8:11am

Good morning ladies. I hope you are all well?

Taxihome - don't worry hun, 3rd March will be with you before you know it. How are you feeling generally?

Tina - will you be telling your friends you are expecting? Enjoy your baby cuddles this weekend.

Rallygirl - great news for you!! And don't worry about the whole suitcase thing, it won't have done you any damage xx

Dogsndonx - I'm glad things have settled down for you. Hopefully you can relax a bit more now. I'm the same wih my tatas - they REALLY hurt at night in bed (especially when I lay on my side - I have biggies so it's particularly painful!!) but they aren't too bad throughout the day.

Little Miss Hopeful - yes the stretchy/AF pains are good, unless they are so severe or there is blood with them. I had some AF type pain yesterday for about 2 minutes and really panicked but nothing came of it and I just thought "It's the baby snuggling down and making room to grow".

MAshy - hope you are well hun xx Think I'm going to invest in that book, it looks good (been doing some internet searching) Worried though as last time I bought a book, I mc'd the day after :(

Anna - I hope your headache has gone now and you are feeling normal again. Just keep an eye out for Elton John!!

AFM - all is well here, so glad it's the weekend so I can relax! My first scan is booked in for the 23rd Feb when I will be exactly 6 weeks. My consultant said they wanted to monitor me closely due to it being IVF and my history of loss. I am so super nervous about the scan. Not once have we ever seen anything in any of my previous PGs. Every time we had a scan they always said "no evidence of a PG" :( My only hope will be that I am a) not bleeding and b) still have + pg tests. It's just such a difficult time isn't it? You want to be happy and excited but there is always that niggling worry in the back of your head. Ah well, just have to keep saying "TODAY, I am pregnant"

Enjoy your weekend. ANyone up to anything exciting?

xx

My diary

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 11:35am

Morning Ladies

Hope everyone slept well last night. My DH was away and i thought i'd have a lovely night with the whole bed to myself. How foolish, had to pee at 4am and took ages to get back to sleep, grrr!! X( Thank you for the lovely positive messages from everyone. I'm sure the nurse at our scan the other day was surprised at the lack of excitement from me and DH but we just daren't get too optimistic. Wish i knew when we are going to be able to relax into this pregnancy and begin to enjoy it.

Anyway, was just reading the last posts from last night and i'm a wee bit worried. Little Miss Hopeful, i've had my treatment with one of the clinics that doesn't do any bloods (only a couple just prior to egg collection). It's never occured to me to ask why because this is the only clinic we've had treatment with and so the only experience of ivf we've had. They obviously have their reasons for not doing any, but it is worrying when folk are talking about HCG levels and i dont even know what they're talking about. I'm also only using the crinone gel and nothing else. So many of you seem to have a whole concoction of things you're taking. I am an NHS patient but as i've heard many people say, my clinic are getting money for our treatment so i'm sure we're not being short-changed in any way.

Well, that's my worry for the day over and i'm going to sit around on my bum for the rest of the weekend relaxing.

Have a good day folks!!

Rallygirl

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 12:59pm

Rallygirl - that IS a little worrying. I had my blood taken at EVERY SINGLE follicle tracking session. They have to monitor your estrogen levels during that stage. So i had 6 lots of bloods taken. The only other bloods I had taken were my HCG levels which measures how much pregnancy hormone is in your system, and that was done on day 14. Usually they retake your levels 48 hours later to see if the levels are doubling which indicates the pregnancy is developing fine. I haven't had that as my cons was more than happy with my level and everything else is fine.

Don't fret about what medication everone is on, we all have such different medical issues, I'm sure your clinic knows what is best for you. Although most clinics put you on cyclogest after EC, but I think that is what your gel is - a progesterone supplement - so don't worry.
Personally, I'm on thyroxine for my underactive thyroid, prednisolone and clexane for my overactive killer cells and they suppress my immune system and thin my blood in the hope that will stop me miscarrying again. If you don't have a history of repeated loss, there would be no reason for you to have anything like that hun.

Hope that puts your mind at ease.

xx

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 1:56pm

RallyGirl - I have never had any blood tests at my clinic either & they are in the top 5 of the UK.
They can tell so much by scans etc that they dont really need to. Some clinics do some dont. It is nothing to worry about.
Also many clinics inc mine do no do HCG levels (BETA). You have had an HPT test that says you are PG. Up until the scan what more can bloods tell you. Yes that things seem to be going on track but the scan will always reveal more. Either way.

I know many, many women whose clinics dont do this. Please dont worry. :)

As for the progesterone, the crinone is the most powerful so you are fine there too. I also have a cyclogest because I have low progesterone. Your clinic will already have all your blood work records and supply you accordingly.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Feb 12th 2011, 1:58pm)

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 4:02pm

Thanks for putting my mind at rest guys!!!

When i think about it, I'm with a clinic in Cambridge where one of the old professors has recently won the Nobel Prize for his involvement in IVF, he was responsible for Louise Brown (the very first "test tube baby" back in the 80's.) So i figure my clinic knows what its doing. I guess that is one wee drawback of lots of people chatting and comparing notes on the subject. At the end of the day, as you said Daisy, we have to remember we're all different with slightly different issues affecting each of us. I'm sure we've all heard someone along the way telling us that no 2 treatments/pregnancies are identical.

I just cant wait to relax a bit and enjoy my pregnancy and not worry about every little niggle. I have never been pregnant before so have nothing to compare these feelings to. That's why it is good to share with others going through similar experiences.

Thanks guys!!! thumbup

Rallygirl [zx071]

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 4:29pm

Glad you feel better, Rallygirl. You really are in good hands there. Just focus on that beautiful life growing inside you now.

I did something a little naughty today but glad I did it. I took another digital test. Last Sunday it was 1-2 weeks and today it said 2-3 weeks. Given that 2-3 weeks is supposed to detect HCG of about 200 or more and the fact that mine was 115 on Wednesday, looks like it has defo gone up. I know I shouldn't have done it but I really couldn't help myself!! Oops!!!

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 4:58pm

Hey Daisy thats not naughty my lovely. I have done it. I shall be doing 1 more next week too.
I have to wait 3 weeks for my scan so I checked the end of this week again & will check next week too. Thats my last HPT so after that I will leave it. :)

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 5:28pm

Hey girls!

Happy Saturday!!

I am having a lazy day! Went on a nice hill walk with my DF and our labrador which blew some cobwebs away!

Now just cooking a roast and going to chill for the evening.

Is anyone else feeling slighty sick yet? The last 2 mornings I have felt a little bit sick....havent been sick but defo havent felt great! It seems to comes in waves most of morning and dies of in afternoon.

Just reading about people doing the digital tests...........I am still tooo scared to do one of those!! I have only done 2 tests and was going to leave it until my scan but now kinda want to do a digital one just so I can see the word PREGNANT on the screen! There is still a tiny bit of me that worries it might say NOT. SIlly I know but I am scared!!! hehe

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends!

Lots of love xxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE