You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jun 3rd 2015

Children: None

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 12:06pm

Hi all,

After my rant earlier, my amazing midwife has managed to get me an appointment at Stonehaven for next week! Apparently, because I'm an IVF pregnancy the consultant at Stonehaven will also arrange an additional appointment with me - has anyone ever had that? They didn't offer me that at Aberdeen?

xx
IVF 1 - January/February 2015 - BFN

FET 1 - July/August 2015 - ?

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 8:58pm

That's good you've managed to get that sorted but to put your mind at ease I didn't get my scan till 13+ wks either so it's not just aberdeen! I'm under consultant care too but not just because of Ivf as have a few other issues but from what I can gather most Ivf pregnancies get seen at least once by a consultant and then quite often that's it. Though I didn't see my consultant until 19wks which again seems the norm, so you might be the same. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Reg: Mar 28th 2014

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Monday, October 5th 2015, 1:23pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping well.

I am 8 weeks now and my nausea seems to be getting worse. The only thing that helps is eating crisps which isn't ideal! Any tips? I have sea bands which are amazing but over the past few days they don't seem to be working as well. I am not complaining as it is reassuring to feel sick, but just wondering if you had any suggestions. Also did any of you notice period like cramps around this stage? I've had them a few times a day since Friday (no bleeding) and Dr google says it's probably uterus stretching. I've an appointment on Wed, I will ask then to be sure.

How many weeks are you all at now? Hope all is good xx
#1 ICSI Aug14 BFN
#2 ICSI Jan 15 BFN
#3 FET Aug 15 :BFP: :heart:
bab21 12/05/16

Monday, October 5th 2015, 8:18pm

Hi KittyKat,

Nice to hear from you.

I'm afraid I don't have any advice on morning sickness as I never really had any, I felt a bit of nausea at times but not too bad! I've had the odd cramp throughout and my midwife said it was normal. I was 12 weeks on Saturday, desperate for my 12 week scan to come around so I know if everything's ok. Have you thought about getting a private scan? A few of the ladies on here have done it and I'm sorta wishing I had!

xx

Monday, October 5th 2015, 9:54pm

Hi kittykat, I suffered really badly with nausea but wasn't actually sick. On my really bad days all I could stomach were wotsits and small sips of coke a cola, neither of which I would normally touch! A friend then gave me a tip to drink sparkling water and add whatever flavour you like. I found fresh ginger and mint or just a wedge of lime or lemon went down well. I also lived off pepermint and ginger tea, can highly recommend the pukka teas they are really nice. To replace the crisps I was eating plain rice cakes and I also found bananas were quite good too. Nibbling on ginger biscuits were ok as well. I was told to go with what I fancied and to just eat little and often. As for the period pain, I had that too. In fact I had various pains on and off most days up till about 19/20wks, had a 4 wk break of nothing and now at 25 wks have pains on and off again. Like you said it's just everything stretching and moving. The weirdest one I had was a really painful tummy button, so bad it would have me doubled over! Each time I have a growth spurt it comes back for a day or two. Again I was told as long as you have no bleeding it's nothing to worry about. Though to be honest I think worrying is part and parcel with this journey! I hope you feel better soon, my nausea started to improve by wk 10 and was pretty much gone by wk 14ish. I still have the odd food or flavour that sets me off but you'll soon find things that are ok to eat again. X

Shortie, I hope you don't have to wait too long for your scan, x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Tuesday, October 6th 2015, 8:31am

Girls thank you for the replys and good to see you are well.

Shortie when is your scan again? I had a private one last Monday which was my first and I have my clinic one tomorrow. I'm sure you will see such a difference since your last one :)

Smihel I'm the same, haven't actually been sick but have the nausea almost all day now but worse in the evenings. I will try fizzy water-thank you. Bananas are good for me and cereal too! My mum vomited everyday when she had me so I'm thankful I just have nausea lol x
#1 ICSI Aug14 BFN
#2 ICSI Jan 15 BFN
bab21 12/05/16

Tuesday, October 6th 2015, 9:50pm

My scan is Friday and it cannot come quick enough! So stressful not knowing whether or not everything is ok!

Reg: Oct 24th 2013

Wednesday, October 7th 2015, 8:49am

Hello kitty good luck for your scan today. Hope all goes well.

Shortie how are you getting on? About seeing a consultant, I am seeing one after my 12wk scan. The midwife explained I had to because of IVF. It's good you got a closer date in Stonehaven. Good luck for Friday. Only 2 more sleeps now. You got a bump yet?

Smihel good to know all is going on well with you. Xx

I've taken a funny turn since I came off the pessaries. I thought I'd feel much better off them but nooooo. I'm so weak and tired.
Had to delay my 12 wk scan as hubby is away so I'm having it on Tuesday when I'll be 13+2. We wanna make a whole day out of it as we getting our first buys after the scan. I'm so excited. [zx126]
Sept2015FET BFP mc 7 wk :tears: :tears:
Feb2015FET BFP ECTOPIC :angry: :angry:
Jul 2015FET BFP baby girl

Wednesday, October 7th 2015, 10:47am

Hi all,

Kitty - good luck today!

Maame - I'm good thanks. One of my chums is at the same stage as me and she had her 12 week scan this week. The consultant appointment is apparently to discuss more scans (at 28,32 and 36 weeks) and also to discuss being induced on your due date as apparently a higher percentage of ivf pregnancies end up in a C-section. It's all very new as I have another chum who has been through ivf and is 20 weeks and she hasn't been given any more scans! As far as I'm concerned, the more scans the better!! My consultant appointment is not until 23rd October.

I think I have a small bump but it's much more likely to be bloat! I don't actually know! I'm always a bit bigger in the evenings after I've been feeding myself all day!

Not good to here that you have not been feeling well since coming off the pessaries! Have you called your midwife to ask if it's normal?

xx

Wednesday, October 7th 2015, 3:19pm

Shortie I'm sure you can't wait for Friday. Not long now, Wednesday is nearly over ;)

Maame did you stop your pessaries at 12 weeks? I was told today to use what I have left (which is only 2 days worth!) because I don't need them anymore. I'm a bit worried as I'm only 8.5 weeks but they must know what they are doing... :S I'm sure you are excited about your scan and shopping! Sounds like a fab day!

My scan went well, baby was wriggling about and the wee heart was beating away. Such a difference in 9 days! xx
#1 ICSI Aug14 BFN
#2 ICSI Jan 15 BFN
bab21 12/05/16

Wednesday, October 7th 2015, 6:03pm

Kitty - I was told because I was a frozen transfer I had to use pessaries and estrogen tablet until 12 weeks and wean myself off them in my 13th week.

x

stac1

Reg: Jul 25th 2015

Children: DAUGHTER 13 YEARS OLD

Thursday, October 8th 2015, 11:27am

Hi kitty I was told to come off mine at my 7 week scan I was very worried as well if you read back on this thread I raised concern about it but I'm now 12w4d and baby is good mine was a frozen transfer as well hope this helps x

Friday, October 9th 2015, 7:56am

Good luck for you scan today shortie

Saturday, October 10th 2015, 7:19am

Thanks Maame.

Scan went well, baby was jumping about and even gave us a little wave. So nice to see it!!! It was such a good feeling being able to share with friends and family that we are expecting!!!

hope you are all well!? Xxx

Tuesday, October 13th 2015, 10:20pm

Maame - how did your scan go today? X

Wednesday, October 14th 2015, 8:48pm

Hey shortie. It was amazing thanks. He was measuring ahead so I'm now 14 weeks and EDD has been changed to 13th April instead of 17th. I'm still baffled how the dates can change in IVF with everything being so timed. Oh well. The neck measurement was 1.8 which apparently means good news but the nervous wait for the blood results begin now.
Getting a wee bump now and I just can't contain myself. I'm constantly grinning like an idiot. :tonguestretch:

How did the consultant appointment go?

Hello kitty I just read back and saw your pessaries question. I just stopped at 12 wks although I was told to wean off it. I just couldn't wait to get off them. How are you doing?

Hello to you all ladies. Hope you getting on ok. I'm technically in second trimester do I'll have a look in there to see if there's any action.

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (14.10.2015)

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, October 14th 2015, 9:14pm

Glad it went well! Xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Bess

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Wednesday, October 14th 2015, 10:38pm

Hi ladies,
Great to see everyone is getting on well. Had my scan last week - totally a amazing !! Just got my test results back and risk of DS is 1 in 280. Seems quite high to me. Anyone else got any results back ? X
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN
FET1Sept 12- DS born May 13
FET2 Jan15 - mmc at 8 weeks 1 day ;(
IVF 4 Aug 15 - :BFP: woohoo :pray: :heart: seen at 8 and 10 weeks lurve babydust

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 12:30am

Hi everyone, glad to hear your all doing well and that all your scans have gone well.

Maame. I know what you mean, I'm exactly the same and just love my bump and each time I feel beanie move. I just feel so so lucky and love every minute even the aches and the pains!
Also I think I'm the only one in the second tri thread, though don't go on very often, but am now just going into my third tri, however I'll be on my own their soon as well so will probably start in second tri instead.

Bess if you have any worry about your results speak to either your midwife or GP. I didn't get told my numbers just that I was low risk, so can't be of much help. Though I'm sure I've read somewhere that high risk was much much Lower than 280. I'm sure if they were in any way concerned they would have let you know. X

Shortie, bizarrely each time you post I get a message from you with your post in, not sure if it's something I've done by accident and it doesn't matter but just wanted to let you know. Hope all's good with you. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 8:29am

Hi ladies

Bess,I understand anything less than 1:150 is considered 'high' risk so you're not in that category. Have you considered the new harmony test if you're worried.. It's a blood test that gives 99% accuracy on chromosomal abnormalities but it is expensive.

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 8:37am

Hi girls!

Lovely to hear you are all doing well and that your scans are good. Sorry I can't help you with measurements and risks, I've absolutly no idea what it means. My consultant is doing mine at 13 weeks and I have to say it's not something I even thought about until she mentioned it and now I'm worried! I guess the worrying never ends :S

I had a 9 week scan on Monday and all is looking well. Im now measuring 1-2 days behind instead of 3 which is good. I have finished all my meds and for 3 days felt great, no sickness, tiredness etc.... then on Tuesday it all came back! :sleeping:

xx
#1 ICSI Aug14 BFN
#2 ICSI Jan 15 BFN
bab21 12/05/16

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 12:21pm

Hi All,

I have been starting to feel a bit sick this last week and was sick for the first time ever the other day but nothing since!

When I got my down syndrome test the told me that the fluid was measuring 1.7mm and that anything above 3.5 was considered high risk, they also took my bloods and said that if I was high risk they would call within 7-10 days but if low risk then I would hear in the next 2-3 week by post. Bess, you seem to have got your results pretty quickly.

Maame- I was also measuring ahead (13 plus 2 when I was 12 plus 6 ) when I went for my scan and the woman told me she was getting a due date of 13th April but she thought the VF dates would be more accurate so she just left my due date as 16th April. I think it can vary each time depending on how quickly the little bean is growing. Mine wouldn't get off it's bum so she took a while to actually get an accurate measurement. I haven't had my consultant appointment, I have it next Friday (23rd). Did you have yours straight after your scan?

Smihel - strange about my post - I'll make sure only to say nice things about you now that I know you are getting notifications about my posts ;) !!

I think I have a small bump but I'm still debating whether or not it's flab!! I can't wait until I have a 'real' bump!!

xxx

joL

Ace

Reg: Oct 8th 2009

Friday, November 13th 2015, 12:03am

Just squeezing in here as I'm officially first trimester, hope some other ladies join soon x
JoJo xx

:BFP: 25th Dec 09 au naturale
Bouncing baby boy Lee 9lb65oz. 11th sept 2010

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 8:48am

I have braved the move into trimester 1 I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and have now got my 12 week scan for the 8th of December still seems ages away! How is everybody doing xxx

Saturday, December 5th 2015, 9:47pm

How are you jol? Tuesday can't come quick enough for us xxx

MrsMac (29.12.2015)

Monday, December 7th 2015, 9:33pm

Good luck for your scan tomorrow, how exciting! X x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 2:58pm

Scan was fantastic and I am a day ahead but they are keeping my due date of the 20th of June so real now! Xxx :) how are you keeping Smihel? Xxx

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 8:41pm

Aw that's fantastic news congratulations! It's amazing seeing how much they've grown isn't it?! Did they give you some lovely pics too? How are you feeling now?

I'm doing well thank you 34+ 4 now, so not long to go. I'm starting to get a few aches and pains now and generally feeling uncomfy but otherwise doing really well. I have a scan on Friday so it'll be good to see little one is doing. They're keeping a close eye on me as my blood pressure shot up a few weeks ago and little one stopped moving for a few days. Luckily everything was fine and everything seems to have settled down again, so fingers crossed it stays that way. I can't quite believe we only have 5 weeks left to go!

Maame how are you doing?

I hope everyone's doing well and looking forward to Christmas this year. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net (08.12.2015)

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 8:47pm

Wow you will be a yummy mummy so soon! Oh sorry to here you had a rough wee patch! Do you think baby will be early? Are you all set? Pram etc?

Yeh not doing to bad, sickness is nearly gone and tiredness is better which is good! We are just over the moon! Xxc

Net

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 8:50pm

Crashing thread to say hello Simhel! Glad all is well, sorry you had a scare there. How's the BP now?

Good luck to all you first tri ladies xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, December 9th 2015, 10:06am

Hello Net, good to hear from you. How's everything with your and your family? I hope you've recovered well from your section and your wee boy has settled into family life well. How has your little girl taken to him? X

My blood pressure has been staying down again, which is great. Though I've started to get nose bleeds, not sure if that's an indication it might be creeping up again? I have the consultant and growth scan on fri, so will find out how things are then.
Though may have to go in again today as little pickle has slowed down with her movements again, I get the odd kick here and there but she's much quieter than normal. Will try the usual tricks first to see if I can wake her up.

Hello, yes we have everything sorted, I even have the hospital bags all packed. I actually got organised quite early on as wanted everything sorted in case she came early, plus the excitement took over too he he! That's great the sickness has eased and you have more energy. Enjoy the second trimester as I would definitely say it's when you feel at your best! X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net (09.12.2015)

Reg: May 25th 2010

Thursday, December 24th 2015, 10:09pm

Hi ladies,

Wonder if anyone can help? I got a BFP last week after FET. So this week 5 weeks and no symptoms at all. Last week I felt quite sick and bloated put it down to pessaries until I got the BFP. However as this week has gone on I have nothing. No cramps, no bloating no enlarged boobs.

Getting a bit worried now. Has anyone else experienced this?.xx
Finger's X'd's - My Journey

ICSI - May/June 10 - Brief BFP chemical pregnancy
FET - Dec 10 BFN
ICSI - March 11 BFN :-(
ICSI - Aug/Sep 11 - Brief BFP chemical pregnancy (gutted!)
FET - Mar 13 BFN
ICSI - Aug/Sep 13 - BFP miscarriage @ 6 wks :tears:
FET Donor embryo - Dec 15 -BFP

Net

Friday, December 25th 2015, 3:30am

Hi

With my first daughter I had no symptoms at all until gone 6 weeks. With my second I had them from 1 day after et so it really depends on the pregnancy I think - it's perfectly normal to have no symptoms. When is your scan booked for?

Merry Christmas

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: May 25th 2010

Friday, December 25th 2015, 11:18pm

Merry Christmas Net, scam booked for 8 Jan so just 2 weeks to wait. Driving me crazy just now though. Always thought that I would know and feel different being pregnant but I don't feel any different
Going to do a HPT each week till scan. Just for a bit of reassurance. Did one on Tuesday and still got 2 strong pink lines. Xxx

Xxx
Finger's X'd's - My Journey

ICSI - May/June 10 - Brief BFP chemical pregnancy
FET - Dec 10 BFN
ICSI - March 11 BFN :-(
ICSI - Aug/Sep 11 - Brief BFP chemical pregnancy (gutted!)
FET - Mar 13 BFN
ICSI - Aug/Sep 13 - BFP miscarriage @ 6 wks :tears:
FET Donor embryo - Dec 15 -BFP

Reg: Sep 22nd 2014

Wednesday, January 20th 2016, 9:20pm

Think there is a few of us that could move into this forum. I had my scan today and happy to say that I'm 8 weeks and 4 days. Seen that little heartbeat and 2 arms and legs as well and was told all looks very good. I'm so happy to get that little photograph it all is starting to become very real which is getting harder not to tell ppl with all my excitement :chortle:
Hope everyone else that is in and around this stage?
Has anyone much symptoms?
I've been sick most mornings but it hasn't been very much and once it's out of my system I feel fine again. Although I have to eat regularly or I'll feel sick again once I get hungry.
Fingers xd hope all is well with you how did your scan go?
1st icsi Nov 14 - bfn :-(
1st FET - Aug 15 - mmc 5wks :sniff:
2nd FET - Dec 15 - :BFP:

Thursday, January 21st 2016, 8:39am

Fantastic news Suzie! xxx
#1 ICSI Aug14 BFN
#2 ICSI Jan 15 BFN
bab21 12/05/16

Thursday, January 21st 2016, 7:45pm

Thanks kittykat how r u?

Thursday, January 21st 2016, 8:32pm

I'm doing well thanks. Hopefully the sickness will pass for you soon. Snacking little and often helped me especially toast, cheese and crisps!
#1 ICSI Aug14 BFN
#2 ICSI Jan 15 BFN
bab21 12/05/16

Thursday, January 21st 2016, 9:08pm

Digestive biscuits have become my best friend :yes:

Saturday, February 6th 2016, 5:34pm

Hey how's everyone else doing that's at this stage too? Has anyone started to tell friends and family yet?

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE