You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

stac1

Reg: Jul 25th 2015

Children: DAUGHTER 13 YEARS OLD

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 6:20pm

Great suzie6 thank you soo much I was really confused and didn't know how to work it out that has helped a lot .. cramps not too bad they come and go some worse than others just hope that's normal .. how's your cramps ? X

Reg: Sep 22nd 2014

Wednesday, August 26th 2015, 12:02am

Hi stac glad to hear ur cramps r getting better mine is gone and I'm feeling great at the mo just have noticed lots of blue veins running around my belly lol
1st icsi Nov 14 - bfn :-(
1st FET - Aug 15 - mmc 5wks :sniff:
2nd FET - Dec 15 - :BFP:

Reg: Sep 22nd 2014

Friday, August 28th 2015, 8:05pm

Hi stac1 how's things with u got my letter today with the date of my scan it's on 16th sept!!
1st icsi Nov 14 - bfn :-(
1st FET - Aug 15 - mmc 5wks :sniff:
2nd FET - Dec 15 - :BFP:

stac1

Saturday, August 29th 2015, 9:37am

Hi suzie6 I'm good thank you very anxious and excited about my scan on Wednesday just can't wait to make sure everything is going good been getting some pains which keep freaking me out so the scan will hopefully show me that I don't need to worry .. ah that's great news I'm sure your feeling the same as me excited and nervous. How you feeling now ?

Bess

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 5:03pm

Hi ladies,

is anyone out there in their first trimester ?? I am just 8 weeks and don't really feel I can chat in my cycle buddy spot about pregnancy.

xx
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN
FET1Sept 12- DS born May 13
FET2 Jan15 - mmc at 8 weeks 1 day ;(
IVF 4 Aug 15 - :BFP: woohoo :pray: :heart: seen at 8 and 10 weeks lurve babydust

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 6:29pm

Bess, my jubiingo January pal! Massive massive congrats - so pleased for you. How are you feeling? Have you had your first scan yet? Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

stac1

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 8:01pm

Hi bess

I am currently 8w5d today :)))) .. how are you have you had ur first scan yet ?

Reg: Oct 24th 2013

Children: None

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 8:07pm

Hello all I'll join in here too if that's ok.
I'm 8wks 4 days today and have first MW appointment tomorrow morning. So excited about it. Can't wait to get areal bump as its all bloat from the bloody progesterone pessaries.

Lovely to meet you all. Hope we can all bump along nicely :weehee:
Sept2015FET BFP mc 7 wk :tears: :tears:
Feb2015FET BFP ECTOPIC :angry: :angry:
Jul 2015FET BFP baby girl

Net

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 8:50pm

Oh Maame hello again and massive congrats as well! I'm so pleased for you too xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Bess

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 10:20pm

:clap I'm so pleased there are some others out there !!!! :hi:

Lovely to see you Net. How you getting on ?? Yes I had my first scan yesterday and saw one beautiful little [zx115] !!! I'm actually feeling pretty terrible. Really knackered and nauseous (although not been sick yet thankfully!). Although I dunno where they get morning sickness from as mine is morning till night sickness !! Also really really thirsty all of the time which is a bit weird.

Maame - great to hear from you again starsmile . We are really close together ! I'm still a bit nervous, are you ? I always expect things to go wrong, which may be a bit of self protection, but it doesn't work as when things do go wrong I'm still really surprised and upset ! What a plonker. Trying to stay positive with this one though.

Stac1 - lovely to meet you. We are really close too. woohoo . Hopefully we can all get through this together. How are you feeling ? Do you have a 12 week scan booked yet ?

Ps is anyone else taking progesterone to 12 weeks ? Bit confused what I so as my clinic don't give it routinely after 2 weeks but I said I wanted to keep going with it to 12 weeks after internet research. They said fine but have now discharged me with no plan to get me off the stuff ! I think I should wind it down gradually but not sure [zx037]

So pleased to have you ladies to chat to. :xxx3:
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN
IVF 4 Aug 15 - :BFP: woohoo :pray: :heart: seen at 8 and 10 weeks lurve babydust

Net

Saturday, September 12th 2015, 7:58am

Beds glad it's going well. Congrats to all on here. I was in progesterone to 12 weeks. Can you ask your GP to prescribe?

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Saturday, September 12th 2015, 8:52am

Hello Net lovely to bump into u again. What stage are you at now? Hope you doing great.

Hello Bess good to know your son went well. The heartbeat is amazing isn't it? I was a crying wreck. Anyway about being nervous, I don't think it ever stops. Because of the journey we've Been on, it's only natural we expect things to go wrong but I had a little chat with myself and I'm gonna enjoy being pregnant(easier said than done) ohthedrama
About the progesterone, before I was released from the IVF Clinis, I was given a letter to give my GP to supply me until 12 weeks. So call the clinic and request it unless they've told you to stop which will mean you have a good natural supply so don't need the extra.

Stack and sizzle are u both ok?

My midwife appointment yesterday was amazing. She's such a lovely lady. She said i was ahead when she checked my dates. 9 weeks instead of 8wks +4 I thought. But I'll still stick to my app for now until our next scan to see how bubba measures. starsmile
woohoo

Net

Saturday, September 12th 2015, 1:52pm

Glad all is well Maame. I'm 33 weeks already! Time has flown x
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Jun 3rd 2015

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 8:34am

Hello,

Can I join you on here? I'm feeling a little daft as I've been going back to the cycle buddy thread all the time but I haven't really felt like it was appropriate to post much lately. It only just dawned on me that I could actually join this thread!

How is everyone? I'm currently 9wks and 1 day and still as paranoid as ever! I thought I would feel a bit more relaxed after my 7 week scan but I don't!

Bess - I'm glad you asked about the pessaries as I have also be told to take them until 12 weeks with no instructions on how to stop. I am actually going to call the clinic and ask tomorrow. I had a FET and have also been told to take my Estrogen tablets until 12 weeks too - has anyone else been told this? When I had my 7 week scan the nurse said I could stop taking the pessaries at 8 weeks then she said that was only for a fresh transfer and for a frozen it had to be 12 weeks. I can't find anything online about people taking estrogen until 12 weeks though!

xxx
IVF 1 - January/February 2015 - BFN

FET 1 - July/August 2015 - ?

stac1

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 10:48am

Hi all how is everyone ?

Bess nice to meet you too finally have people I can relate to and talk to

stac1

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 10:52am

Sorry don't know what happened there I wrote a big paragraph and it didn't all post .. I'm feeling the same bess tired all the time and sick but not phisically sick .. no still waiting on my 12 week scan appointment I can't wait to see it again and make sure it's still all good .. have u got ur 12 week scan appointment yet? ..

I was told at my 7 week scan to stop taking the tablets and gel and I had a frozen fet cycle .. i have seen a few people now saying they have to take them up till 12 weeks so now I'm worrying that they have took me of them to soon. Did anyone else come off them as soon as me ?

Monday, September 14th 2015, 8:25am

OMG Net you 33 weeks already? It seems so faaaaar away for me at just 9 weeks now
You nearly at the end and I bet you can't wait to see your bubba now. Do you know what you having? So amazing hearing positive stories it gives us all so much hope and positivity.

How are you all ladies doing? Have a great week

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Monday, September 14th 2015, 10:49pm

Hi everyone,

I'm technically meant to be in 2nd tri but there's no one else there at the mo, so I'm dipping in to first and third tri instead!

Congratulations to you all. I can't go very far back so excuse the lack of personals as I only know a few of you, but I hope you are all feeling ok.

I felt amazing till around 7/8 weeks then got really bad nausea and extreme tiredness . Luckily the nausea only lasted about 4 weeks but the tiredness stuck around till about 17/18 wks. So don't panic if you start falling asleep!! Just try to rest as much as you can. Also don't panic if you get any aches and pains. Again I've suffered on and off the whole time with these, but it's just everything stretching and adjusting. Though they gave me a few scares as some of them were really sharp and stabbing. I'm now 22+3 and still get them on and off. So do your best to not panic though that's easier said than done!

Regarding the progesterone pesseries I was told to stop them at 8 wks as at my 7 wk scan the yolk scan was looking really good, they did say I probably didn't need them at all but that it's procedure with Ivf to be on them. They said I could just stop them but because I had extra, I weaned myself off them. So down to one a day for a few days then one every other day etc. In the end I actually found they were making me feel worse so I just stopped on my second every other day if that makes sense.

Maame, how are you getting along? X

Shortie, how are you? Don't worry I was on tenter hooks after my 7 wk scan too. I was just waiting for it all to go wrong. We ended up going for a private scan at 10 wks, which was well worth it and really put my mind at ease. X

Anyway, congrats again. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 7:18am

Maame I'm good thanks and am having a girl!

Simhel come say hi in the third tri again!

I also had crippling tiredness to about 15 weeks and sickness from week 5 to week 15 - very different to my DD so every pregnancy is different. I think the first 12 weeks or so are torturous so keep strong ladies and good luck

Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

stac1

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 7:41pm

Hi smihel

Thank you soo much for that I felt a lot better after I read that as I was also having really sore pains on Friday there all night had to lie with a hot water bottle but the next day it was away thank goodness as it really worried me. Plus that's good to know about the pessaries as well I'm going to stop worrying about that too lol.. I just can't wait to get an appointment for my 12 weeks scan to see little baby again .. my dd wants to come with us to this scan and I can't help worry in case something is wrong but I really would love her to come and experience this with us.

Bess

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 10:52pm

Hi ladies,
Hope you are all well. Thanks for the info on stopping the progesterone. I'm gonna have to stop soon as so uncomfortably bloated I look 6 maths pregnant already !!

Net - congratulations , a girl, how lovely. Not long now. Are you feeling well ? Not sure I can handle this sickness for another 6 weeks !!!

Smihel - over 22 weeks that's fantastic. Are you starting to relax a bit now ?

Stac1 - that's a toughie. Bless your daughter for wanting to be at the scan. That's lovely.

Maame ans shortie - how are you ladies doing ? I feel a bit no mans land at the mo. Wondering whether to have another scan before 12 weeks. Can it harm to have too many scans ?? Hmmm ...

Xx
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 5:29am

Hi stac and Bess,I 'm glad my post has reassured you a bit. I'm a real worry wort, so it's taken me ages to relax. To be honest it's only since feeling movement and getting a private scan that I have done! Though little miss have me a scare last night as she is normally really active early evening after I've had my dinner, but last night nothing! No amount of poking, moving position, cold drinks, cold hands on my tummy was making a difference. I had felt in the morning and around 11ish so was trying not to have a total melt down!!! I finally got her moving by having a bath, which seemed to wake her up. Thank goodness! Though I haven't slept much so far, mainly because she's being nice and active on and off and I feel so relieved I'm just enjoying feeling her again! Daft I know! I've given her a stern talking to not to do that too be again, that 10 hrs is far too long to be napping and being quiet for, he he!! Am sure I won't be saying that once she's here, he he!

Anyway enough of my babbling!

Bess I ended up getting a 10 wk private scan, as when I finished the pessaries my symptoms all got less, which in my head I knew would happen, obviously due to slight drop in progesterone and therefore side effects. But I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong, I also lost my positivity and didn't feel pregnant anymore, crazy lady that I am. Having the scan was the best thing ever, we got to see little one moving away, the heart, they checked my ovaries, cervix etc. We also got lots of photos and two videos too, which are amazing! I also felt so much better and relaxed afterwards. I then had an NHS scan at 13 wks, another private one at 18wks as DH wasn't going to make our next official scan and we wanted to find out the sex together. Again it was brilliant as you're not rushed and they went through everything, we also have about 24 photos of nearly every body part. The one of her two feet side by side are just adorable! Then I had an NHS scan at 19+4, and I'll be having ones at 28, 32, 36 and poss 38 wks due to a few potential issues that need monitoring. We are actually considered having another private one at 24wks as 9wks feels like a huge gap!! Have a look around for different scanning places, we went to our local hospital for our 10 wk where the head sanographer rents out the NHS machine privately out of hours, but she charges a fortune for 10mins. We then found out about another private place just over an hour away who were over half the price, in much nicer settings and who were brilliant, we were there for a good half an hour too. So if you can afford to they are definitely worth it. I've spoken to my consultant about any risks of too much scanning and have been told it's perfectly safe, I have to have both internal as well as external scans, so no need to worry about that ;)

I hope everyone else is getting along ok, try your best to relax and just listen to what your body wants would be my best tip. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Bess (17.09.2015)

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 5:37am

Me again!!!

I forgot to say those of you with really bad nausea, try sipping fizzy water little and often. A dietician friend recommended it to me, and it really worked. I also added a bit of either ginger or line cordial to add a bit of taste and it really helped. Also try not to get too het up on what you are eating. I could barely stomach anything but was craving wotsits, potato waffles and coke a cola for several weeks, which I never normally eat. Also bananas and tomatoes, which I'm not a big fan of but I couldn't get enough. I still have 2-3 bananas a day. Ginger nut biscuits are also great to nibble on. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Bess (17.09.2015)

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 9:12am

Morning all.
Gosh it's dead on here. Come on first trimester mummies how are you all doing??
10wks +2 today I've got another private scan this afternoon so will keep yous all updated.
Who has got a date for their 12 week scan? And what stage are we all at??
blowkiss blowkiss blowkiss blowkiss blowkiss

stac1

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 12:56pm

Hi maame

We are both at the exact same stage 10w2d for me as well .. I have had a few scares with cramps and brown discharge but have had two scans and baby is great lovely heart beat and growing at the right rate so we are so happy. It is amazing how big baby has got already from our first scan .. We have our 12 week midwife appointment next Friday th 2nd October can't wait for that .. how have you been and have you got your 12 week scan appointment yet? What hospital are you with maame ? X

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 5:24pm

Hello stac1 Awoo it's great we are at the exact same stage. Hello preggo buddy. Sorry about your scares but good baby is all ok. You are right it's unbelievable the difference in growth. You so lucky you have your 12 week date already. I'm still waiting for mine. Seeing the midwife again on Friday so I'll ask her if it's not here by then. Have you got a bump yet? I want one like NOWWWW. but once again I've been told I might not have one until 20 weeks. :thumbdown:

AFM just back from another private scan(I'm addicted to them) and it was the most amazing experience ever. My little bubba has arms and legs. I even got a wave at a point( well I like to think it was haha) with a very strong heartbeat and measuring bang on to my dates. Baby bond are amazing and the sonographer even allowed me to take a wee video which I can't stop watching. I'm at Aberdeen in Scotland. I see you in lisbum where is that? This is how I'm feeling now woohoo

stac1

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 7:06pm

I know it's great that we are at the very same stage awh brilliant I am sure u are so happy after seeing the scan today and wee baby waving and all. Mine was the same when I had the scan yesterday baby was dancing about its amazing watching it .. I think I'm showing already my belly looks massive well so I think lol but it could just be bloating. What was your babies bpm mine was 125bpm which I was told is perfect I did get a little bit worried about it in case it was too slow but I was reassured not to worry as it is perfectly healthy .. its soooo exciting .. do you know where Belfast is ? Lisburn is beside there.

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 8:50pm

Hello stac and Maame, that's fantastic news you have both had early scans and that all's ok. It's amazing seeing your little one waving away isn't it! I had a video too Maame and couldn't stop watching it for weeks. I hope you are both feeling more relaxed now and that you can start enjoying your exciting journey :)

I'm just trying to think when my proper bump started to show... I was really bloated till about 12wks and then had a few weeks of a flat tummy again and then I slowly got bigger again. It was probably 17/18wks that I had a bump big enough to look pregnant and not just fat, though me and DH noticed it sooner. If I was wearing tight fitting clothes you could see a small bump from 15/16wks but it was only noticeable because I'm so skinny normally, though anyone who didn't know me probably would have just thought I'd eaten too much, he he!

Anyway glad to hear you are both doing well. X x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 9:25pm

Stac1 my EDD is 17th April when is yours? Little bubbas heartbeat was 169 and I don't know what the range is but I'm sure it's ok Just like yours. Don't worry about it being slow as I'm sure they would have mentioned to u. Have you had any thought about the nuchal scan? At the midwife last week, hubby said no to it but I don't know if you are allowed to change your mind. I'm on a mums group on Facebook and they are painting it out to be such a negative scan. Ooohhh I'm confused.

Smihel how was yours? And is it as bad as people make it out to be?
Lovely to hear from You again. How have you been and how's the wee girlie doing?? I've had so many spooky events pointing towards a boy so I'm convinced we are having a boy. It's awkward posting on the Aberdeen thread now dos it's a bit doom so it's hard posting good news without it seeming like u rubbing it in. (I'm probably overthinking it)
Another funny thing with bumps smihel I'm flat as a pancake in the morning but by bedtime, I look 6 months pregnant. Which is all bloat. Are you 20 weeks or more now?

Bess

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 9:36pm

Hello ladies !
Stac and maame - wow !! That is fantastic news and soooo exciting !! Bless them little babies dancing and waving - hee hee ! Not too long now for you girlies to reach the 12 week milestone. W'hoo !

Hi Smihel - how are you feeling ? Is the bump big now ?

AFM had midwife booking in appt today but wasn't really anything more than taking a history from me. I have been panicking over the past few days as symptoms seemed to go on sat / sun and I couldn't find a hb with the Doppler. Convinced it's all gone wrong again but that's just paranoia 8| . Got a reassurance scan on Thursday so just keeping everything crossed for that. I have a book that tells you what is happening to the baby day by day. It's amazing, by 10 weeks it has arms legs shoulders wrists toes fingers nose ears lips etc and actually looks like a basic baby. Incredible ! : D

Xx
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 9:57pm

Just a quick reply as off to bed.

Bess don't worry about not getting a heartbeat with the Doppler, even the hospital and midwife won't use one before 20wks as it's so hard to pick up the heartbeat. You don't get to hear till your 22wk appointment now. My friend whose training as a midwife has told me not to bother getting a home one but if I do not to use it before 22wks as it just causes a lot of stress. So maybe pack it away till a later date. It's so easy to worry about every little thing you don't need to add any extra stress. Thursday will be here before you know it and I'm sure it'll all be fine. How far along are you now? X x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 10:04pm

Just to echo Simhel really - don't panic Bess. My midwife used Doppler at my 16 week appt ( Simhel think different areas have different policies) and it took sooooooo long for her to find the Hb. In the end I had go get off the bed, go for a wee, move about a bit and an age of rummaging later finally found it. Some LOs just don't want to be heard! I am sure all is ok but at least you have the scan for reassurance on Thursday. Good luck xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, September 23rd 2015, 6:40pm

You lucky thing net, maybe it's just a Scottish thing, I was desperate to hear it at 16wks but my mw wouldn't budge!!

Maame, what type of negative things have you heard about the nuchal scan? We had already decided beforehand that we would keep little one but that knowing in advance would help us to prepare. Plus it was so lovely seeing little moving away that I didn't even think about the checks they were doing. It's an individual thing so do what ever you feel is right. We were told we could change our mind at any point so I'm guessing that's the same everywhere.

Yes I know what you mean about the Aberdeen thread, that why I would always ask in advance or just not say anything unless someone asked. Though I know when I was going through treatment it was really nice to hear positive stories. It's a tricky one.

I had the same thing with my tummy, flat first thing but felt massive at the end of the day. You'll suddenly wake up one morning and realise you a small bump and it's amazing how quickly it grows! That's funny you think you are having a boy, I think sometimes you just know. I was certain I was going to have a girl, bizarrely even before I got pregnant! I kept having dreams about our baby girl including what she was going to be called! Crazy I know.

Bess I hope your scan goes well tomorrow, is it a private one you are having? Let us know how you get on. What's the name of the book you have? It sounds really good X

I'm now 23+ 5, no idea where the time has gone! Getting heaps of movement and you can actually see my tummy moving now which is amazing! DH has been away for the last two weeks and isn't back for another two so he'll see a big difference when he gets home. I'm thinking about booking a surprise private scan for the weekend he gets home as he missed the last one and won't be here for the next one either. Plus I'd love to see our little girlie again! It's £40 so not too bad!

I hope you are all doing well and feeling ok. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net

Thursday, September 24th 2015, 8:47am

Maame - I'm with Simhel on this re the nuchal scan. It's a personal decision so you need to do what feels right for you - but I had it done as it would help me prepare if anything was found. It was all done as part of routine 12 week scan for me and checking the nuchal fold takes about 30 seconds so nothing major - just scanning a particular part of the baby. Then there's the blood test if you choose to have that as well. Can't believe how far along you are already !

Bess hope your scan goes well today x
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, September 24th 2015, 7:47pm

Smihel one of the ladies had an abnormal result from her NT scan so she mentioned it on the page and most of them were commenting on how she shd be ashamed for getting it done in the first place. Majority of them said they have opted out of it cos of the unnecessary worry it comes with. But surely if it's a routine, scan then they must be doing it for a reason.
I think we will get it done. I thought it was an invasive scan but like net said, it's part of the 12 week scan so why not.

Net it's funny you say u can't believe how far I am. In my eyes, time is dragging like hell. I want it to be Christmas already hahahah. How are you doing dear? :bye:

Bess how was your scan today? How much has your bubba grown since your last scan? It's all so exciting isn't it?!

Stac1 how are you doing honey?

I keep forgetting I need to carry my maternity folder with me. Does any of you ladies have it with you at all times??

Thursday, September 24th 2015, 9:40pm

Maame, I think on any of these forums you will come across negative feedback from people. Have a look at the NHS sites and also ?webmed? I think I have that wrong but it's similar to that, and also the baby centre are all quite good informative sites. Like net said it's just part of your normal 12wk scan and they take a measurement from the back of baby's neck, you can also have a blood test along side it. They then send everything off and you get the results in the post about a week later. Try not to stress too much over it and stay away from google!! X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Bess

Friday, September 25th 2015, 11:34pm

Hello ladies,
Sorry I didn't get on yesterday.

Maame - I agree with the others. Ignore negative comments. Do what you think is best. If I get that far I will be having the scan.
Smihel - wonderful to read about your movement. Bet it feels amazing !! And reassuring ! Did you get a scan booked in ?
Net - thanks for putting my mind at ease re the Doppler. Gosh I bet you were panicking a bit at the 16 wk appt !!

AFM saw the little'un on the scan yesterday , heart happily beating away. Was such a relief (and joy) to see it. Makes all the rubbish sick feeling worth it !! Can't believe it's like a little human already, arms legs etc. I know I keep going on about it but it really just amazes me what a miracle it is. The book I have is the day by sag pregnancy book by dr maggie blott. It is BRILLIANT (if u like detail and aren't too squeamish looking at pictures).

Xx
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN

Saturday, September 26th 2015, 8:17am

Bess, that's fantastic news your scan went well. It really is amazing isn't, I love every bit of it! Your book sounds brilliant may have to get a copy! You'll be blown away by the difference at your 12 wk scan, I couldn't get over how much beanie had changed in just 2wks! I was really lucky and felt movement really early on but it's a lot stronger and more defined now. Beanie is really active so I get to feel her lots, which I just love and has made me relax so much! I hope your nausea and sickness passes soon. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net

Saturday, September 26th 2015, 10:30pm

Really glad your scan went well Bess. When is your EDD?

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, September 27th 2015, 2:43pm

Hi All,

Apologies for not posting lately, I have been checking in but my Granda has been very ill this past week so I've been spending a lot of time at the hospital!

Maame / Bess - glad to hear your scans have gone well. I haven't had any additional scans but I'm starting to wish I had now! I still haven't heard from the hospital about my 12 week scan date and I'm 12 weeks on Saturday!! My midwife has chased the hospital twice and they just kept saying my letter was in a pile waiting to be dealt with. I'm considering getting a private scan if they don't give me a date next week! I've been feeling a lot better since 10 weeks - has anyone else been feeling better? I'm trying not to read too much into it and hoping it's just my body getting used to the hormones! Does the worrying ever end!

Hope everyone else is feeling good!

xx

Sunday, September 27th 2015, 9:45pm

Shortie, hello and good to hear from you. Though sorry to hear your grandad is poorly.
I can't fully remember when I started to feel better but think it was around the 10/11 wk mark, so don't panic! You are right everything does feel like a constant worry, and unfortunately no it doesn't stop though it does get a bit better once you start to feel movement etc, well it did for me. I'm now 24+2 and I have to say I'm only just started fully relaxing about a week ago! Though until beanie arrives I think there will always be a slight niggle at the back of mind! I do wonder of it's because of the journey we've been though to get here, and that we know how fragile and precious this journey can be.
I know it's easier said than done, but do your best to relax and stay away from DR google, he he! X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net

Monday, September 28th 2015, 1:49pm

My sickness went literally overnight at 10.5 weeks with my DD, hope that helps xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Mar 28th 2014

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Monday, September 28th 2015, 1:54pm

Hi ladies, can I join you?

I had my 7 week scan today and everything looks well (measuring 6w6d but apparently that's ok...) I'm still a nervous wreck but trying to relax and enjoy the pregnancy as much as possible.

xx
#1 ICSI Aug14 BFN
#2 ICSI Jan 15 BFN
#3 FET Aug 15 :BFP: :heart:
bab21 12/05/16

Monday, September 28th 2015, 4:34pm

Hello kittykat and welcome. Congratulations on your BFP and your 7 wk scan. It really is a nerve wracking time but do your best to relax and enjoy being pregnant. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Monday, September 28th 2015, 7:23pm

Hello Bess it's good to know your scan went well. It's great the difference in growth every time you see the little bean isn't it?

Shortie great to hear from you again. Sorry about your grandad. Hope he gets well soon. The Aberdeen scan people are a joke. My midlife called them to chase my 12 week scan date as well and they said the same. I was 5th in the pile waiting to be sent out. I wanted to know the date earlier so I could take the day off as I wanna get baby's first buy(s) after 12 week scan. But doesn't look likely as the bloody letter is delayed. Good to know you been feeling better. I think I got away with murder cos I had no sickness at all.

Kitty welcome on here and congratulations. Welcome to the crazy journey we've all been craving for but moan and worry through every second of it. Hahahahaha. How are your symptoms?

Smihel thanks for your advice re NT test. I've signed the forms now so yes definitely getting it done. I can to you are not good friends with Dr Google are you? :teehee:
Net how are you getting on with bump? I'm sure you doing great thumbup

Stac1 and suzie you got this place busy but you seem to have dissapeared. Hope all is well wig you 2. :bye:

stac1

Monday, September 28th 2015, 8:07pm

Hi girls how is everyone sorry this will be just aimed at everyone as I am on my phone at the minute .. hope everyone is good and well .. maame we have the same edd 17th April how nice is that .. If only we lived closer lol.. I can't wait for my 12 week scan on Friday I'm so excited .. I have decided to bring my dd with me as we went for a scan there last week because I freak out over everything lol and baby was very good .. The closer I get to the 12 weeks the more confident and excited I am getting just can't wait to buy wee things so it seems more real if that makes sense .. congrats kitty it's the best feeling ever when that test shows positive and then u see your little baby all healthy for the first time .. I didn't know anything about the NT test maame ill have to look into that as my 12 week scan is on Friday.. x

Reg: Mar 17th 2014

Monday, September 28th 2015, 10:34pm

Hey guys can I join in? Im 18 weeks today.....one thing I have to say finally nausea completely went away, was having tough time, no sick feeling happy days but cant eat big meal anymore and deffo have more energy
Went to see midwife for 16 weeks appointment last week, she was lovely, asked me to pop on the bed so she can listen to babys heartbeat....it was the first time we heard it :)
Im totally baby brain at the mo, I forgot how many weeks im at the mo so I had to look at my folder! Lol
I cant believe ive come far that everything seems to be okay at the min [zx075]
X
Hubby: Antibodies
Me: None
IVF/ICSI
EC: 12th Feb ET: 15th Feb BFN: 28th Feb
Gynem clinic, Prague EC: 8/6/15, ET: 12/6/15, OTD: 26/6/15 :BFP: :heart:

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 9:21am

Hi All,

Well to say I'm pi**ed off is an understatement. Got my scan appointment through from Aberdeen today and it's not until I'm 13 weeks and 4 days. The excuse they gave is they are behind because they have had a change of staff! I'm going to ask my midwife if I can move to Stonehaven if I can get a scan any sooner and if not, I'll be paying to get a private scan at 12 weeks! No wonder everyone says the NHS is falling to bits!

Any of you ladies who have had private scans have any recommendations??

Sorry for the rant but I am just absolutely fizzing!

Hope everyone is well!

Net

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 9:32am

Ah that's disappointing Shortie - I didn't get my 12 week scan with my DD until 13 and a bit weeks either. If you want the nuchal test then I think 13 weeks 5 days is the cut off but if you don't want it then waiting until then is fine - and actually you get to see even more as they have developed more! Hopefully you can get in to another hospital or a private scan sooner as I know the wait is a total killer. Good luck to all you first trimester ladies xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 9:35am

Thanks Net.

I am having the other test done so that's another reason why I'm pi**ed off as I was reading the cut off was 14 weeks which I will almost be! I just can't believe the hospital are such a shambles! Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence! I'm going to see what my midwife says when she calls.

x

9 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

9 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE