You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 8:58pm

Hey Rocky! Aww I'm sorry you feel so crap :sadface: how did the ice lolly go? DF got me some fruit pastille ones yesterday, they are delicious :yumyum: sooooooo fuity I fully recommend them. (they contain 25% fruit juices too) I wouldn't worry too much about gettin fruit and veg, do you like fruit juice? they can count as one of your 5 a day! Just eat your favourite things for now and you can eat healthier when your sickness eases! I may have to visit the dentist sooner than the year he said to come back with all the sugar I'm having :snigger: I got DF to buy me those sugar free rowntree jelly sachets yesterday, got the lime flavour, raspberry and blackcurrant flavours :yumyum: how far gone are you now Rocky?? You need a ticker so we all know!

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Monday, January 31st 2011, 1:34pm

I must appologise was so upsat yesterday due to my symptoms going that I spent the whole evening crying. Came to work this morning feeling fine. During handover I had to run out and be very sick!! I have felt rough all day. Boobs still not tender mind but I only have 24 hours before I can see lo again.
Rocky, how did the smoothie go? Did you know we have to have a full bladder for the scan, I can barely drink anything will take me forever to get a full bladder. I'm going to have to not pee for the whole morning!!!
Shelbie you sound like your doing very well, have you got a scan date through yet?
I hope everyone else is doing ok.
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Monday, January 31st 2011, 3:56pm

Hi all,

Adreamz I'm so pleased that you've been sick as it must have put your mind at rest - and only 1 day now until your scan. Didn't manage the fruit smoothie. I'm dreading the full bladder thing as wll cos I also can hardly drink anything - hoping that might improve by the time my scan comes around next week.

Shelbie- the ice lollies are going down OK - it's about all that is. Fruit juice is a no no - as I said above I can hardly drink any liquids as they make me want to vomit. I am 11 weeks exactly today so hoping symptoms will ease soon.

Had another rotten day - woke up feeling worse than usual and dragged myself to work - was very tempted to phone in sick today though. Even been wearing my sea band things - not thatthey do much...but makes me feel like I'm doing something. Has anyone else lost weight?

Good luck with your scan Adreamz - I'm sure it will all be fine xx

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Monday, January 31st 2011, 6:29pm

hi all my comp broke so havent been on for a while (im on hujbbys now)

had my scan today (ill be 13wks 2morro) and my little pickle was moving all over the place and then kept laying on its head!! so couldnt get all the measurements they needed will be going again on wed and hope it behaves then!! haha was sooooo nice to see it seemed so happy in there and my son loved it! kept saying wow you can see its hands and feet and everything!!

adreamz i had to go drink more for my scan as the baby was too low as my bladder wasnt full enough! so id say have a half full one! you can always go for wee if they need you too hun!

rocky i started making me own lollies from fruit juice which seemed to help! apple was best

afm well i was at work last night and was sooooo sick at 5am had to run to the toliet and nearly didnt make it! hope that doesnt happen again was not nice at all :( still feelong sick all day and night not passed yet!!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, January 31st 2011, 9:34pm

Hey All,

So sorry that some of you have been worrying about disappearing symptoms etc. Please don't worry....I had no sickness whatsoever and neither did another one of the lady's that is having twins! My midwife said that only about 50% of women have nausea and/or sickness but I guess you only hear of the ones that feel really ill with it all. Everyone is different and so are the symptoms (although I know I worried that I wasn't feeling ill at the time)!

I am so pleased to hear that so many of you are having wonderful scans and hope to hear all the lovely stories hereafter - so exciting!!!!!

Love to all

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Monday, January 31st 2011, 10:16pm

adreamz, I would definately say that the nct classes are worth the money as we also met a lot of lovely people who we still see and the kids are freinds, it can get a bit lonely on maternity leave so any sort of company is very welcome.

We had a busy weekend with 2 kids parties, Will had a really good time but was totaly worn out. I seem to have picked up a cold, I have razor blades in my throat, ear ache, head ache and shoulder and neck pain, combine that with the sickness and the runs and I feel awful. Will is a bit off too and had me up 3 times in the night - oh joy.

I am definately filling out now, my sz 12 are becoming rarther snug but my diet hasn't been as healthy as it should, must make more of an effort.

Off to bed now, catch up tomorrow

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Monday, January 31st 2011, 10:42pm

Aw Rocky, hopefully you will feel better soon :sadface: I have a friend who was so ill with the sickness she ended up in hospital on a drip cos she couldn't keep anything down. Some days I feel so sick and heave a lot but haven't actually been sick so am thankful really.

Feeling crap today, been feeling ill all weekend, and just rested, thought I had flu coming cos my throat wasn't sore but painful, but got snuffles this morning, and tonight I feel like a cold is coming out. Not good when you feel tired and nauseous already :-(

Got hosptial letter when I got home, scan is booked for next wednesday (9th feb) its at 11.10am so think we are both booking the day off so if everything is ok we can have a look around at some baby things afterwards. I'll be 11 weeks by then so hope they get a good view and we do too.....

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 3:50pm

Hi all,

Snap Shelbie - my scan is also next wed but at 2.30 so hopeflly we'll both have some good news.

Adreamz - can't wait to hear how your scan went - and how you managed to get the water down - any tips gratefully recived!!

Well I've had another really sicky day - I swear it's getting worse as I'm at the point now where I'm ill all day and worrying because I don't know whether I can make it through my work day. I have managed up to now - but I could really do with some time off. I'd like to just sleep through it and wake up feeling great. I've atually managed to eat a pear todaywhich is great as I've not had fruit for ages - had to force it down but still 1 portion is better than none!! The only thing I can say is that with all this terrible sickness...at least I know LO is OK (maybe I shouldn't speak so soon but you all know what I mean!) xx

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 8:23pm

Hey all,

Have got the dreaded cold, throat like razor blades and heavy headed. A good excuse to go to bed even earlier!

Shelbie - I think you are one day ahead of me..I am 9 weeks and 5 days today...due date 2nd Sept. :pray:

Sorry to hear some ladies are still cursed with the dreaded sickness, mine comes and goes. Dosn't stop me worrying about lack of symptoms,

although I could sleep for a week!!!

Love, Tiny teacher

:xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:12am

Hi all
Sorry I didn't write yesterday, phone had no battery life and no time for computer!! The scan was excellent. She dated me as 12 weeks so 4 days earlier than I thought. LO was wriggling around loads so they found doing the nuchal scan difficult. I had bloods and urine done at the same time and they booked the next scan for 8 weeks time (that's going to serm like forever as I've only had to wait 3 weeks max!!). Had so much fun telling everyone yesterday and have so many more people to tell so not putting it on Facebook till Sunday!! I'm so happy especially after such a terribly tearful day Sunday!!
Rocky I stopped myself going for a wee after 12noon then kept sipping water whilst I ate my lunch (I've found it's the only way I can take water is with food) but my bladder was so full it was uncomfortable while they scanned so they told me to take a pee and they could still see. My weight has fluctuated, don't worry too much about weight loss, once the sickness goes you can make up for it!! Sounds like you could do with taking a day off to sleep, work won't appreciate you any more for going in so why not have a sick day ... You are feeling sick!!
Mum82 glad your scan went well, you are going to be leaving us now you are 13 weeks, I'll be joining you too soon. (lucky you having another scan next week!!)
Tinyteacher and Ali bird, sorry to hear you have bad colds, on top of nausea/sickness it must be dreadful get well soon xxx
Shelbie, the next week will fly by for your scan (and you rocky) it's truly amazing!!
Hailey, thanks for all your support.
I managed to go out for dinner last night. Wasn't great, starter was horrible and could only manage half my dinner (seriously that would never normally happen!!) but I think the adrenaline of telling everyone took over and I survived. This may sound backwards but even though I feel tired I do feeling like I have a little more energy and I'm thinking of starting to go running again, just a gentle jog and probably won't get far.

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 5:15pm

Hi everyone,

Congratulations on your lovely scan Adreamz. So you're 4 days further on.....be interesting to see what happens at mine as I'm meant to be 1 day behind you!! So you decided to have the nuchal scan...will you have the next test if needed (hopefully not). Only, m midwife was very insistent on me not aving it as I said I wouldn't go on tohave the next test if there ws a problem. I ust feel that if I have the first test at least I would be prepared for what might happen. Still can't decide what to do. Great that you've been able to tell people and thanks for the advice about taking time off sick - of course you're right - I am sick and no, they don't appreciate me going in anyway.

Tinyteacher - you've timed that really well for the 2nd Sep - that was my aim but my estimated DD is 22nd Aug so if it's correct will have to use some holiday time as maternity pay. Are you going to have the full year off? Hope you're feeling better son.

Well I had a difficult night's sleep feeling really sickly and then this morning on the way to work felt quite normal for once. Only lasted until about 10.30 though and then I've been feeling ill ever since. hoping this is a sign of symptoms easing a bit now. Has any else started to get a little podge? I've lost weight but just this week my trousers are starting to feel uncomfortable and I've noticed my belly is definitely sticking out quite a bit. hope everyone is feeling OK today xx

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 6:46pm

hi all

havent been on for a while as my comp has been broke! just wanted to say bye all im off to 2nd tri chat now!! im due on the 9th aug (as icsi i know when dates are) but baby is again 4days bigger than it should be hehe big baby! and very livley baby as it took 4 scans to get alll measurements they needed!

hope everyone is well xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 8:44am

Wow I'm exhausted, I really want to tell people personally but trying to fit everyone in is so tiring.
I hope everyone else is doing ok.

Reg: May 31st 2010

Children: Twins

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 9:45am

Hi ladies,

I'm really just lingeing about in the background at the minute, only got my BFP on Friday so very early days as yet. Like some of the others i've really been looking to see what symptons people have had. As it is such early days I don't really know if I should even have any yet.

I've had dull period like pains pretty much constantly and last few days i've had a pain in my right side right through to my back, which seems to come on at night when i'm in bed. i haven't had any sickness or anything and am getting worried, it's another 2 weeks until my first scan.

i've also noticed quite a lot of people seem to continue to take progesterone after the BFP, is this for any reason or is it something I need to say to my clinic.

Being such a stresshead, just so afraid so something going wrong now i'm actually pregnant xx

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 11:43am

Hey Tinkz, good to see you here :clap

Don't worry about period type pains, they will continue pretty much all the way through your first tri and beyond. In fact you'll get all sorts of wierd and wonderfull pains, try not to worry unless they are severe or accompanied by any blood. On my ivf pg, I carried on taking the lovely pesseries until 12 weeks, but each clinic is different, by all means mention it to you clinic to see what they say.

I know it's easier said than done, but try to relax and enjoy it

blowkiss

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 4:22pm

Hi everyone,

congratulations Tinkz and welcome. Period type pains are normal at your stage but I think it's probably too early for other syptoms. As Ali Bird said, all clinics are different with pessaries so you'll have to check with them. did you have IVF?

Counting the days now till the scan - keep hoping that the sickness will be gone by then xx

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 6:29pm

Hi all,

Tikz - HI! and massive :congrats: !!!!

I had period pains right from the start and kept going to the loo to see if there was any blood....still do in fact!!!

Wearing white knickers helps!
Am sure you will be fine, just rest up and take it easy, no heavy lifting, stretching or pulling. Taking DH with you to the supermarket to carry the shopping and no hoovering.

Everyone's symptoms are different, some poor ladies on here have been sick loads, and others haven't.

Easier said than done, but try not to read too much into every twinge.

Hi to everyone esle,

:party: Adreamz on your scan, that's brilliant news!

:bye: for now mum82, enjoy the next part of your pg, hope to see you in the next thread in a few weeks.

Rocky - gave up trying to 'time' it to fit school 2 1/2 years ago!!! This has been pot luck!!! Am thinkning a year off would be best, but me and DH haven't spoken much about the practicalities of LO as we've been too scared. Will have to wait till my scan, March 9th....will be 13 weeks 4 days. AGONY having to wait!!!!!!!!!!

grouphug
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

My diary

Hazy

Ace

Reg: Sep 16th 2009

Children: One beautiful boy!

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 7:02pm

Hi All,
Popping in again, feeling a bit less ropey following the hospital stay and antibiotics etc. Got a follow up scan tomorrow (I'm about 10 weeks) which I'm hoping will reassure me that there's still someone in there! I can't get it out of my head that all of the strong drugs and side effects won't have caused some damage, but just got to hope not.

DH is generally doing a great job of looking after me, although tonight he undercooked some chicken and insisted it was fine...he did notice that I left half of it. Sigh. Cooking is not his forte - most things end up underdone as he hasn't got the patience to either preheat the oven or leave for recommended cooking time....the sooner I'm up to kitchen duties again, the better!

Hope all of you are enjoying the tiredness and nausea as much as I am! I've basically turned into an eating machine to combat it!

H
x
TTC for two years before referral
Lap 1: Sept 09 Found 6cm endometrioma and Stage IV endometriosis
Lap 2: Nov 09 Removed endo, adhesions, cysts and appendix (stuck to cyst!)
ICSI Dec 2010....BFP xfingers (hospitalised with sepsis at 6 weeks)

Reg: May 31st 2010

Children: Twins

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 8:12pm

Hey guys,

thanks for the advice. Gonna get in touch with my clinic and ask them to give me progesterone, think it would put my mind at rest a little. Hoping the morning sickness kicks in over the next week.

Friday, February 4th 2011, 8:05am

Hoping the morning sickness kicks in over the next week.

I'll remind you of this in a few weeks laugh1

take care

blowkiss

Friday, February 4th 2011, 4:30pm

Hi all,

Tinkz - hope you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't get the sickness as I can tell you it can be really awful. I've been ill since Christmas time now and it's not easing up.

Tiny teacher - I know what you mean about waiting for the scan. Mine is on Wed but it seems to be taking forever to get here. I'm going to try and work up to the summer break and then can't decide whether to take a year or leave or go part time?? lots of decisions.

Hazy - nice to hear from you and really pleased you're feeling a little better. I'm sure that everything will be OK - especially if you're feeling sick still. I know what you mean about the drugs but the medics know what they're doing. Try not to worry.

Well..glad it's the weekend - but have no plans - am really not up to doing anything. Just want the sickness to end now. Plus my trousers are starting to feel uncomfortable round the waist now - think I may have to buy some bigger ones. xx

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 3:56pm

Hi guys,

Went shopping for bigger troosers today! Going on hol. next week in half term and have one pair of jeans that don't dig in. Went into Next and tried on Mat.jeans, they were HUGE!!!! (I am 10weeks, got a little paunch going on!) So managed to get the next size up from my usual size. [zx003]

Went to Primark and got two 'waterfall' cardi's...they are good to 'disguise' any 'weight gain' around the middle area. We are keeping quite for another 3 weeks after the scan, so need to cover up for some time yet. Then went to H&M, there is some lovely clothes in there in the Mat. section, got a animal print top, grrrrrr, £19.99 which will last a good while, can be worn at worth with a roll neck or out for a night out (Yeah, right, am in bed at 8pm latest these days!!!!) zzzz

At least I will be comfy over the next few weeks.

Have felt sick all day today...and this is the person who hasn't had much sickness. Coming back to bite me on the bum!! kissass

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

XXXXXXXXXXX
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

My diary

Hazy

Ace

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 9:20am

I'm off to the shops today to try and get some trousers!

Back at work as of Wednesday - will be 11 weeks at that point. My consultant tells me that the swelling from my illness is unlikely to go down now so I'm stuck with it for the duration of the pregnancy....not what I wanted to hear but makes sense - my bowels can't go back to their normal spot as my uterus is moving about and growning I suppose. So, not much chance of hiding the bump at work, but got to hope they're too polite to say anything! (not bloody likely knowing my lot!)

We had a sneaky scan last week - it was amazing! The bean waved at us, then did a bit of dancing, and the pic actually looks like something - my mum cried looking at the pic - just as well she wasn't there for the live action! I was all over the place! DH was so very happy and excited.

TT - welcome to the nauseous club! Might take your tip on the waterfall cardis....I certainly need something with my 35 inch belly!

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 10:31am

H all,

Tinyteacher - glad you've managed to get some nice clothes - my pants are getting tight now so will need bigger ones soon!

Hazy - glad you're getting better. How are you feeling about going back to work? Great news about your scan - I have one on Wed and can't wait.

Well....I have a very embarassing story to tell you all. Yesterday I went shopping - first time I've really done anything as I've been so ill - but thought I'd go to the bank and then have a quick look at some maternity stuff. Thought the fresh air would do me good. Lost interest quickly cos I was feeling ill and decided to get a few bits of food from Asda before I went home. Wasn't really feeling good at all but just the same as most days so I carried on. Then I had a bit of a funny turn and got all hot so I went just into the doorway to get some air. Next thing was I knew I was going to pass out so I sat down on the floor and then a lady was waking me up shouting 'Are you alright love?'. I was really out of it for a bit and a medic came....and of course because I'm pregnant they insisted on calling an ambulance. All this time I had to lie on the floor in the recovery position to wait for the ambulance at I was positioned near a busy escalator so people were stopping and starring. The ambulance came and said they had to take me to hospital so I spent the afternoon in the hospital. The doctor said my blood pressure was very low (and apparantly pregnancy can do that to you). But not much else was done. I thought they may have done a scan to check everything but they didn't - just said that the baby should be OK as I didn't fall on my stomach - and to wait for the scan on Wed. So now of course I'm a little worried and counting the mins until Wed. Very worried about it hapening again as the doctor said it could do - so not sure whether to go to work tomorrow or not as I'm feeling really worn out and still not back to myself.

So I hope that your weekends are less dramatic than mine have been xx

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: Two the way!

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 5:13pm

ooh rocky you need to take care, I think I would probably stay off work for a couple more days. Tiny sorry the sickness has caught up with you, you round like me, i have a couple me good days and then all off a sudden I feel awful for a few days. Sorry I've not been around much, its hard to post on my phone. I'm doing really well apart from the mentioned sickness. I'm still being scanned every week which really puts my mind at rest, both babies are doing really well and actually look like babies now although one does look like a little alien :-) I have my 12 week scan on Friday time is flying by. If everything is ok on friday I will stop having the weekly scans and have them every 2 weeks. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend xxx
[zx076] [zx076] seen at 6w5d scan
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN
2nd IVF with ICSI SEP 2009 - BFN
3rd IVF with ICSI Dec 2010 - :BFP:
2008 - 6 x cycles of clomid all BFN

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 7:25pm

Hey everyone!

Not been on for a bit, not been well, had either a really bad cold or flu not sure which, its a nasty one thats going round, with a horrible cough and its crap not being able to take anything, I just took paracetomol. I felt so tired and horrible, my voice is barely there!

Been shopping for some maternity bras today, got a pack of two, one hot pink and one leopard print pink for £12 from matalan, my bras were getting so uncomfortable and all mine were underwired too. These are soo comfy, they are nursing ones too so will be handy when I've had the baby. I also got a sports bra for only £4, bargain!

Counting the sleeps till scan on Wed and our plan is to have a look at some baby stuff afterwards, but we went to morrisons today and saw Amanda Holden's terrible news which made me come over all funny, i will never take this pregnancy for granted or complain..........

Hazy, you're waist is 35 inches?? mine is 40!!! The people that know have commented on it saying its a bump, but I know its not!!

Gosh Rocky, bet that was really scary! :-(

Hope everyone is ok :xxx3:

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 10:30pm

Hey everyone,

this is a very early post as only got my BFP on friday and i am still being very cautious about it, but i am worried about what i should or shouldn't be doing after the 2WW, if any of you guys can help i would much appreciate it. My 3 main questions are: can I have sex, can I have a bath & can I go back to my usual exercise (am pretty active, go to gym lots, cycle and go boxing - although just bags, not people!)

don't have any symptoms or anything yet, i take it this is normal?

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 5th 2011

Children: Hopefully soon!

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 11:06pm

Hi everyone,
Just got my BFP on Friday and, like anna14, I too was wondering if I can have sex now?
Hope everyone is feeling ok.
Thanks Tina x x x

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 11:59pm

WoW! Never thought in a million years I would get to post here. This is so exciting.
I got my BFP today 16 DP EC. My OTD was 14dp EC & it was neg so I am all the more ecstatic!

We are cautious as only 4 weeks. I have looked up that if all goes well (Please, please,) that my due date is 14th October. A winter baby! Woooooooo!
Anyway I really mustnt get too excited but I just cant help it.
Loads of things running through my mind like Blighted Ovum, chemical pregnancy etc, but as soon as they pop into my thoughts I am letting them go. I want to enjoy the moment!

Anyhoo How is everyone doing. I see we have a few JJ's here. The JJ thread was looking very, very bleak for BFP's but it seems to be slowly picking up.

Girls I am not sure about sex. I was told not in the first trimester however I would speak to your clinic!
I have been weeing a lot for the past week, but up until today put it down to all theTX. Now I know its the bambino/s.
I cant wait to find out when the scan will be. I will be absoloutley petrified but I am keeping fingers, toes, legs, arms and anything else I can crossed for that.

I still cant believe I am here. I just cant believe it.
xxxx

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Feb 7th 2011, 12:00am)

Monday, February 7th 2011, 8:17am

Lots of activity, welcome Anna, Little Miss and Taxi :clap

Anna, I think the answers to your questions are all personal choice. I think excersice is advised but to keep your heart rate down so that you can talk while excercising, bedding should be fine unless you are high risk of mc and I think hot baths are just not advised during tx so as not to heat up your core temp. Me personaly am not bedding until 12 weeks and cut excersise down to an hours walk every day, and have cooled my bath just a bit :snigger:

Enjoy this very special time

blowkiss

Hazy

Ace

Monday, February 7th 2011, 9:46am

Taxi!! So happy to see you here! Many Congrats!

Shelbie - mine was 40 inches before - but only when my bowels had shut down for 9 days....however I'm sure I'll be back to 40 soon enough! There was some discussion with my consultant about me being likely to show more as I'm such a short arse! Really not sure if/how I can pretend not to have a bump when I go back to work this week!

Rocky - I'm hating the idea of going back to work - I've been loving my 'working from home without anyone seeing how much I'm eating' cocoon!

Exercise - not entirely relevant for me! Still recuperating so feel like I'm going to collapse after a 5 min walk! I've signed up for pregnancy yoga from 14 weeks and I intend to go to aqua aerobics once a week - other than that when my stamina comes back I'll be going for walks most evenings.
Sex - we're not in the first trimester, and by the look of DH when we talked about it, I'll have to really inflict myself on him at some point as he's too nervous!
Baths - I've been having what I'd term 'unsatisfactory baths' - ones that aren't hot and you have to get out really quickly as they turn cold so fast!

United Kingdom

Monday, February 7th 2011, 10:17am

Hi girls,

Does anyone know how I calculate my due date?

My EC was Friday 21st January and ET was Monday 24th January.

Also thanks for the advice on the sex and pessaries - think I will ring the clinic and ask!

Hazy

Ace

Monday, February 7th 2011, 11:15am

Anyone having trouble with the smells of people?

Ever since about 6 weeks I can't stand the smell of my Mum! It's horrifying and of course I can't tell her as she'd be really upset - but there's just something weird and fusty about her right now, particularly her breath. All her clothes and her car smell the same, plus anything of mine she touches! It really makes me feel sick....but it is making me feel like a terrible person!

DH has sniffed her on my behalf, and told me it is definitely just my pregnant-nose as she smells exactly the same to him!

Anyone know if it will last the duration of the pregnancy or if it is a trimester thing?! ?o(

Monday, February 7th 2011, 11:27am

Hi all,

Welcome to the newbies - Anna14, LittleMissHopeful and Taxihome and congrats on your BFP's!! Taxihome - I remember reading your journey in the past so I'm really thrilled that you've got here - you must be so happy!!!!

Hazy - yes the smells thing is normal and is a 1st trimester thing - I have it too.

Well I've stayed off work after my 'episode' at weekend. Feeling really guilty cos I teach food and the kids will have taken ingredients into school to cook with today - and obviously I'm not there! Still don't feel myself though -am very breathless and a lot more tired than I have been. Don't want to bother the midwife so think I'll just wait for scan on Wed. Has anyone else felt like this at all? I'm quite worried about passing out again.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, February 7th 2011, 11:30am

HA ! Hazy I mustnt laugh but that is something else. I have never heard of someones mum smelling in pregnancy & I have no idea how long it will last.
In my last pregnancy I could not stand the smell of brown bread. I couldnt go shopiing without throwing up. I could smell brown bread from outside a supermarket.

Little Miss. I PM'd you. You are due the same day as me lovely. 14th Oct 2011 :)

AFM - HAving trouble getting crinone gell so have left a message with clinic. Also my scan apt seems a bit far off. It is on 4th March which will make me 8 weeks.4
Still I am floating on cloud 9 still. :) :) :)

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Monday, February 7th 2011, 11:38am

Little Miss, according to an online calculator, your EDD should be 14th October but your 12 week scan measurements is what everybody will go by.

Hazy, I am sorry to say that the sensitive nose will last throughout but maybe feeling sick from it will just last for the first tri. I have not had an issue with people but coffee, foods etc knock me for six.

Rocky, I am sorry that you are feeling like this. I know that breathlessness is common due to the increased blood pumping around your body and I have heard the dizzy/passing out spells is a pg symptom, though a fairly rare one. I would say just try to keep your blood sugar levels up and eat little and often if possible and don't try to do much if you are feeling off. Easier sid than done, I know.

I spoke to my mw who is arranging my scan for week commencing 21st feb and my booking in appointment for the week before, I am getting quite excited now and can't wait for confirmation that all is well so that I can shout it from the rooftops. I forgot how dippy my mw is, she used to loose bloods/samples, was always late and never remebered your details and she hasn't changed at all :snigger: We went for a meal with our previous antinatel friends and out of the six couples, three of them are expecting their second and it was really difficult to keep quiet when the ladies were discussing their pgs and forthcoming babies.

Monday, February 7th 2011, 11:56am

Hi all, sorry I've not been around but I've been so busy telling everyone the great news that I have barely had 5 minutes to myself.. In fact I slept for 11 hours last night!!
Rocky, sorry tohear that you collapsed. It is normal in pregnancy and I certainly think that you are doing the right thing by being off. Don't worry about LO in the collapse, they are tough little things so I'm sure all will be fine in your scan. I also feel more breathless when I do anything slightly energetic, but I think that the fatigue has eased a little.
Welcome Anna14, littlemiss hopeful and taxihome, I have got so much support from bing on this thread, I hope you do too. I was advised not to have penetrative sex for the first 12 weeks as I had a previous MC, was very difficult!! Now I'm at 12 weeks I'm still a little unsure that I should be doing it even though I would like it. As for exercise. I was very active, went to the gym 3 times a week, ran once a week and swam twice a week but I was advised to stick with low impact sport eg yoga and swimming. With my nausea I haven't fancied yoga but hope to start it up again soon and so I have just been swimming. Thinking of trying a gentle run though soon as I have a little more energy now!!
Hazy, I have noticed peoples breath smell. With your mum it could be her perfume that you don't like, especially if things she touches smell. Try having a sniff of that on its own, then suggest to your mum that she holds off that till the 2nd trimester. The l;ast thing she would want to be doing is making you feel even sicker!!
Ali bird, at least you could talk about babies and they would think that you were just onterested in their pregnancies. Bet you cant wait to tell them all!!
Well today is my last day in 1st trimester chat as I'm 13 weeks tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who has given me suport, I've really needed and appreciated it!!
I'll keep an eye out for the scans tomorrow, and I look forward to meeting you all again on 2nd trimester chat.
Take care everyone and positive thoughts
xxx

United Kingdom

Monday, February 7th 2011, 12:56pm

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Rocky - sorry t hear you collapsed hun - I would defo stay off work and relax!

Ali Bird - thanks hun x

AFM I have spoken to my clinic who has said I don't need the pessaries now and that sex is ok as long as i feel up to it - but I'm a bit apprehensive so might wait till after my first scan which is the 25th February - overly cautious I know :S

xxxxx

Monday, February 7th 2011, 3:55pm

hey everyone,

thanks for the welcomes, still feels very surreal. I will enjoy getting to know you all :bye:

I had a blood test at the clinic today and my HCG levels are 3092 - she said this was pretty high and that it should be between 5-700. however, I have checked out levels on other websites, and if it is 21 days from ovulation/conception it looks like it is 18-7800 which would make me normal. my EC was on the 18th Jan so 20 days ago, is this classed as ovulation/conception? can anyone help with this? just a bit worried if it is really really high

Hazy - I also have been really sensitive to smells the past 2 weeks, funny about your mum though, hope it will go back to normal soon!

xx
Anna

United Kingdom

Monday, February 7th 2011, 4:21pm

Anna14 - relax hun as this is a fabulous level.

Mine was taken at 4 weeks and it was 76 - the clinic said that this was a strong positive as anything over 50 is considered good.

Yours is really really high hun so relax :)

xxxx

Monday, February 7th 2011, 4:27pm

Hey Miss Hopeful,

I am just a bit worried if it is twins, triplets or quads!!!! starting to panic a little bit about it.....

xx
Anna

United Kingdom

Monday, February 7th 2011, 4:30pm

Hi Anna

Mmm that's a possibility as it's quite high hun but I'm sure it'll be fine - how many embies did you get transferred?

I only had one so the odds are we just having the one.

xxxx

Monday, February 7th 2011, 4:52pm

hey,

I had 2...... I only wanted one but James managed to convince us to go for 2.

I am really scared, i am so so grateful for my BFP but really scared in case it is more than one as i have never looked after a baby before, plus the money side of things

is this fear normal to anyone else?

xx
Anna

Monday, February 7th 2011, 5:36pm

Hi Girls! :hi:

Welcome (and Congrats!) to the newbies! :flowers:

Rocky, I've been breathless, but only when I get to the top of my stairs (I live on the thrid floor!) and have been so tired in the first few weeks I walked round like a zombie, it was terrible! I was telling my mom and she said maybe i needed more iron so I got myself a steak, and some orange juice, red meat is full of iron and orange juice helps your body to absorb iron quicker. Tiredness isn't as bad now but I still have not got the energy to do proper housework, I do a bit then have to sit down for a while!

Sex! Well I was too scared to do it in the first few weeks as was so paranoid about miscarraige, but then had a scout on internet and it said its safe as long as you have not suffered one in the past. We BD'd at about 8.3 weeks but in the days after I was soo scared and kept thinking I would see blood, but all been ok. We didn't do it for ages, but we were both climbing the walls so yesterday we did it again! Its basically personal choice. I mean you still need to have a relationship/life but if you think you would not forgive yourself if something were to happen then its worth leaving it till after the first tri.

Smells! Oh my Gosh some people really smell!!! I've had a few job applicants through the doors and have had to interview a few and some have made me feel soo sick!!! I think its the unwashedness! But there's a man at work who smokes a lot and whenever I am too close to him, it makes me feel sick, and when he gives me paperwork, it stinks of fags!! I feel terrible cos he's lovely, but on bad days I have to keep my distance!! The cleaner at work has started using something that smells like Dettol, and that sets me off! Also when I walk into my dads house, it really stinks of fags!! Its everything I didn't like the smell of before but can smell ten times more now!! I've always been funny with smells since I quit smoking nearly 7 yrs ago but this is terrible! Oh and my rabbits cage makes me feel sick after a few days! DF has to clean her out now! So you're not alone Hazy!

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Monday, February 7th 2011, 5:40pm

Oh PS Anna, I think its normal! I really wanted it to be twins but was wondering how we would cope living in a third floor flat with 2!

But we are expecting one (which I am so grateful for and feel absolutely blessed lurve ) but I still worry about how I will cope as I have never really looked after babies before! I wonder if I will make a good mum, will I be patient, am I too old, will we manage with money?? So many worries go through your mind so its normal to feel like this :xxx3:

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, February 7th 2011, 6:14pm

It is all scary. I don't get offered a blood test though I could ask my GP. I am a little scared too thoughincase they come out low.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Monday, February 7th 2011, 7:39pm

Hi all,

Taxi Home - wow! :congrats:I have popped into your diary before now and have read parts of your story. I can only imagine how excited you must be, and relieved.

Congratulations to all the newly pg ladies. :party:

As for sex in the first trimester,,,,we hadn't and I had told DH it was off limits...but yesterday we did get abit carried away and then afterwards when I went to the loo there was a tiny bit of red on the tissue (sorry if tmi.) But after that I we are NOT BDing again for quite some time! I was nearly crying when I saw the pink...thought..we've waited so long for this and for the sake of a bit of rumpy pumpy, good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing since, thank goodness. Keeping fringers crossed all ok.

[zx033] Tiny teacher
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

My diary

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Monday, February 7th 2011, 8:36pm

DF and I have had THE best weekend....we are still on cloud 9!

I went back to work today! My work kindly gave me the 2WW off to rest......really appreciated it espec after having the result that we did!

I am a primary school teacher and so I am absolutely shattered after first day back!! I was even conisdering going ot bed at 8pm! haha!

Was great to see my lovely little class.......they are sooo cute and had lots of cuddles and letters to say they had missed me! bless them!

Rang the hospital on Sat to let them knwo the good news! The nurses were sooo nice and screamed down the phone with excitement! We have our first scan booked for 3rd March!!

I still have to keep telling myself that "YES I am really pregnant!!!""" AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH can't believe it!!! :happy:

Its nice to see some JJ's on here! Hi Anna, Taxi and Miss Hopeful!!! I think we are all due in the same week! I am due 12th October!

It made me chuckle that everyone's first question was like "Can we have sex?" hehehe! you randy mares!! Know the feelin though! DF is not finding it amusing at all that my boobs are enormous from the pessaries and are also out of bounds!! haha!! boobpoke I think you are advised to wait until first trimester is out the way and then it is OK.

My thoughts on it all is that its taken so long to get to this point that its really not worth the risk for a bit of rumpy pumpy! He'll just have to wait a bit longer :eyebrows:

Love to all

Shell xxxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Monday, February 7th 2011, 8:49pm

Hello - I havent been in here for ages and soon will be heading to the next tri , but just wanted to say how lovely and smiley its making me reading all your delight at your BFPs. Im obviously feeling the love tonight :O

Few things:

Cramps are totally normal and yet totally scary, they eventually change into different type pf stretchy feelings somewhere around week 12
Nausea - I wasnt actually sick and was quite lucky, I tried everything going. The main things that worked were eating blueberries, eating every 2 hours (quite hard to do for me anyway) travel sickness bands, but they were bloody tight and couldnt keep them on for long, drinking hot elderflower cordial with some fresh ginger grated into it, and my latest is sniffig a cut lemon...with a few licks in for good measure, this one has been a revelation as it means

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, February 7th 2011, 8:51pm

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome.
DH and I are not having any sex until the first trimester is over.
DH said he is not prepared to risk it. I am gagging for a lovely O but this pregnancy is far to important.

So the next hurdle is the scans. Mine is 4th March. I will be 8 weeks then.
Exciting and scary.
I am weeing every time I drink, boobs sore but that could also be down to the cyclogest and some cramping.
Other than that no other symptoms for a 4.5 week pregnancy.
DH won't stop grinning and keeps patting my tummy.
It really is a wonderful yet scary time. ;)

[zx071]
MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE