You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, January 22nd 2011, 7:47am

Tinyteacher - great news on your scan.. I had a yolk sac at my 8 week scan, a little black blob next to the baby. It's perfectly normal. It provides nutrition to your embryo in the early stages and then eventually gets absorbed into it's body so you won't see it on later scans. xx

Adreamz - I would love to do swimming but the adult only classes are in the afternoon on week days and I work full-time. I went for a walk last week, did about 2 and a bit miles. I felt tired after it but better for doing it and plan to do a couple of walks a week. Yes, I was thinking my due date was 29th July but we've now been told 24th July xx

Mum82 - LOL at your DH's comment :laugh: . My DH has told me that I am starting to fill out at the sides. I know he means it's because of the pregnancy but I couldn't help take it that he thinks I'm getting fat LOL! I whinged about the size of my bum and he said yes but you're pregnant, not your bum is lovely and small and stop worrying LOL! I have (soon to be had!) the classic pear shape, thin waist but big hips and bum. I suspect that area is going to get bigger sadly! Oh and with regards to the comment about looking rough, a couple of my female work colleagues said this week that they knew I was pregnant because I looked ill! Thanks ladies LOL! xx

Mindy - not long till you join me and Booboo in the 2nd tri! Hope you're starting to feel better xx

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Saturday, January 22nd 2011, 9:20am

TT - That's wonderful news...congratulations!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Saturday, January 22nd 2011, 9:39am

Tiny teacher that's great news with your scan. Fetal pole is the length of your baby at 19mm I would have put you at 8weeks 3days (I found this website that show how they date).
Thanks everyone for being positive about the swimming, I'll be having words with dh when he gets home tomorrow!!
Hope you all have a less sicky day today.
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Saturday, January 22nd 2011, 10:34am

tt congrats on the scan hun its a fab feeling isnt it seeming the hearbeat

hoping men are just great in what they say arnt they lol

afm oh my god the sickness has come back worse than ever hardly slept felt so sick and still same now!! and wow the headaches seems to be getting worse too!! :tear: i got to go back to work sunday night!! cant wait NOT

hope everyone is ok! i have to take my boy to a party after lunch hope its not too noisy my head hurts already! and then was thinking i might take him swimming tomorrow if i can find something to wear that is!?
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Saturday, January 22nd 2011, 6:37pm

Mum82 I'm feeling dreadful too! And I'm back in on a night Monday arrgh.
Thought it couldn't get any worse but I feel like and going to vomiting any time and have less of an appetite than usual. I so hope it ends soon.
I can't remember who asked but found out 2nd trimester starts on week 13!! I'm assuming that I have to take folic acid till then too.
Hope everyone else is having a better weekend.

Reg: Sep 19th 2010

Saturday, January 22nd 2011, 7:16pm

:wave: Hi guys

Hope I am ok to join you? I did my test on Wed 19th & we got our BFP

I have been worrying ever since!! tmi info coming up..... the night before my test I had browny/pinky bleeding & have had brown discharge most days, the clinic said its nothing to worry about if its brown but be concerned if its red, this afternoon I lost abit of red blood mixed with brown.

Have just been to A&E & they confirmed that the cervix is closed so I'm not miscarrying now but they cannot obviously see whats happening in the uterous... we are not having our first scan until 4th Feb and I am worring myself sick :tear:

Anyone experienced this or heard of this before? Could I be having a chemical pregnacy?

Sorry for all the doom & gloom - I am normally very positive but this has shaken me up abit......

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 10:24am

Hi all,

Miss Hopefull - can you not get in for an earlier scan? Surely they will fit you in if you explain the problem and how worried you are? Please try not to worry though and rest as much as you can. I'm sure it will be OK.

Mum82 and Adreamz - don't know how you can be working nights. Hope it goes OK for you. Are you nurses? Think I've missed some posts!!

TinyTeacher - Congratulations on your scan. It's great that you can relax a bit now knowing that all is OK. Maybe you'll escape the sicky stage - hope so!

Well I'm still feeking lousy. Seriously no appetite and cannot keep liquid down. I'm just trying to sip a tiny bit of water here and there and eat very small amounts. I really hope this ends at 12 weeks nd doesn't carry on for longer. Hate to say this....but I'm really not enjoying being pregnant. My day to day life is rotten at the mo. I get up, go to work, get home and sit on the couch feeling ill (some nights I'm throwing up now), try to force some food down, then I go to bed at 8.30-9 ready for it to start over again. Sorry for the miserable post but am starting to feel really sorry for myself now.

Good luck to anyone having scans this week - roll on the 2nd trimester! xx

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 12:39pm

Hi all,

Miss H - Try not to be concerned. I am sure that if something obvious was happening your medical team would have warned you. There have been losts of talk of bleeding during pregnancy and for lots it is just something that happens with no problems at all - I will try and find the link for you - it may help. I don't suppose a scan will help much at this stage because you are so early on in pregnancy. I would just say to keep yourself calm and healthy and make sure you contact the necessary people if things change.

hx
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 12:53pm

BLEEDING IN PREGNANCY

Here we are!
3 X ICSI

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 2:18pm

hi all

miss H try not to worry hun think all of us on here have had some bleeping! and all is quite normal but horrid part of pregnancy!

rocky no im not a nurse! wish i was be on better money i work nights in supermarket stacking shelfs! not very glamorous but pays my bills!! hehe i only do 3 nights but then do 2days worki in shoe shop and i childmind children after and some times before school too..... MAD things we have to do to put food on the table and roof over our heads!

ive had a gorgeous day with my son shopping today got lots of stuff and 2pairs of maternity trousers! 1 for work and one jyst cos they were £5!!!! just love new look sometimes. i also got oils to make up my strech mark oil which i made last time with my son and i only have 1 stretch mark so must have worked! lol off to walk dog in a min!

Adreamz i back to working nights 2night not happy about that! had 2 weeks off not sure how im going to cope!? hope all goes ok for you monday night xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Children: a bun in the oven!

Monday, January 24th 2011, 8:14am

morning!

well i apologise in advance for my miserable post but ive reached the end of my tether. had a lousy week and weekend and it aint getting any better. im in 2nd trimester tomorrow and it doesnt look like this sickness is giving up. if started with the runs too now (sorry for tmi). i am fed up! i want to start enjoying being pregnant but i just cant. nothing i try stops me from feeling/being sick. so now ive just resorted to winging and crying about it. which is so not like me, im normally so positive! im starting to think this is Gods way of punishing me for forcing my body to concieve!

not even the fact that i have my scan today is cheering me up :(

hope everyone is ok xxx

bab23

IVF Nov 2010, 30 eggs, 20 embryos, 6 snow babies and a BFP!!!

MY DIARY - Mindy and Daddy Cool's pregnancy diary!

Help for Heroes Parachute Jump www.bmycharity.com/v2/stevencurry

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Monday, January 24th 2011, 8:22am

At last, my mum is back from holiday and I told her our news, she almost passed out but is over the moon for us. She is already planning on how she can manage3 children (including my nephew) in her spare room, bless.
I had a bad day yesterday, the worst that I have felt so far and typically Will wanted to play all day, I told him mummy was poorly and tried to close my eyes for 2 minutes but he cam over shouted 'EYES' as loud as he could and poked my eye lids :snigger: What can you do!
mum82, love the DH quote, they really know how to cheer us up don't they :snigger:
Rocky, hope the sickness gets better soon xfingers
Hoping77, good news on the scan, see you in the 2nd tri soon
Bethany, please try not to worry about the child incident, they are very well protected and I am pretty sure that they can treat strepB so it shouldn't be transferred to baby during natural delivery
adreamz, you put me to shame with your healthy lifestyle, swimming is definately the best thing you can do so keep it up.
tiniyteacher, brilliant news on the scan :clap: it is the most amazing feeling isn't it, I am really missing the 8 week scan this time as 12 weeks seems like a lifetime to wait.
mindy, I am so sorry that the sickness is getting to you but please try to enjoy your scan

All the best to you all blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

United Kingdom

Monday, January 24th 2011, 11:18am

Mindy - Just wanted to drop and say 'chin up'. You are probably feeling strange because of all the crazy hormones running through your veins! Your scan will be amazing and I am sure that once you see your little one, you will feel so much better. I remember when I first fell pregnant thinking 'why do I feel so rubbish?'. You spend ages trying to get pregnant and then when I did, I didn't feel overjoyed really. I felt quite down and didn't understand why. I honestly think it was the hormones! You will be find - keep smiling x
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

Monday, January 24th 2011, 11:39am

thank you girls, my mams just turned up at work with some arrowrrot biscuits and crystallised ginger. the crystallised ginger is yukky, but im trying it. im willing to try anything! id even eat raw ginger! i can cope with the sleepless nights, the tiredness the feeling lousy, but i cant even keep water down much, and ive had to stop taking my folic acid which makes me worry about the baby possibly getting spina bifida. ive cried all morning at work, im just feeling really low today, hopefully things will be brighter in the morning xxxx

bab23

Monday, January 24th 2011, 11:59am

Mindy :hugs:

Monday, January 24th 2011, 1:51pm

Hi girls, sorry to hear we are all feeling so lousy, i am too!! I was sick twice yesterday but I'm hoping that was just the anticipation of dh coming home as it hasn't happened since. I alsleep have no appetite and apart from a glass of water with breakfast and dinner all I can drink is milk!! DH implied i was being lazy and I explained that I hate not being able to do anything as much as he does. I really dont want to go back to work but I'm going to go for a walk then sleep most of the afternoon in preparation!!
Rocky don't be too hard in yourself, keep the outcome in sight, when I'm feeling at my worst I look at my scan picture and think, it will all be worth it.
Mindy, enjoy your scan today and don't think god is punishing you, my sister had it for 9 months and she conceived naturally!!
miss hopefully try to rest, I hope the discharge ends soon.

United Kingdom

Monday, January 24th 2011, 2:29pm

:hi:

Hey All,

Keep smiling - I wish I could be here with you x

:rainbow:
3 X ICSI

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hayley564" (Jan 24th 2011, 2:31pm)

Monday, January 24th 2011, 4:10pm

Hi all,

Sorry that everyone is feeling so yucky (including me)

Adreamz - please don't say that this can go on longer than 12 weeks!!!! I don't think I would cope. You might find that work takes your mind off your sickness. Having said that I was nearly coming back home this morning but have somehow managed to get through the day.

Mindy I know exactly how you're feeling as I'm the same. I really hope it starts to ease off fo you. I read on the internet yesterday that it can stop suddendly after 12 weeks or for some it just gets gradually better after 12 weeks - maybe not feeling ill everyday and then all of a sudden gone. Can't wait to get to that point. Let us know how your new remedies go - I've tried the ginger biscuit thing and sickness bands and none of it has worked for me. Hope your scan goes/went well.

Wow Mum82 - you are one busy lady with all the jobs you're doing. How do you manage all that? Do the bosses at the supermarket know you're pregnant? Just thinking because you need to make sure you're not lifting heavy stuff.

So things are much the same with me. 10 weks today and feeling awful most of the time. Feel lucky when I can eat but am getting most worried about the fluid. Fluid of any kind makes me feel worse so I'm not really drinking - but my throat is dry and I'm feeling dehydrated. What can I do though as when I try to drink I feel ill or am sick? Got an antinatal appointment through today for 5th April - seems like a long time away and have no idea what that ones about!

Hope you're not all too ill xx

Monday, January 24th 2011, 5:32pm

PS - Mindy, why have you stopped the folic acid?

United Kingdom

Monday, January 24th 2011, 5:43pm

hey all, thanks for your support!

rocky i cant keep the folic acid down anymore so ive had to stop taking it, as soon as i have it i bring that and whatever ive eaten back up.

the arrowrrot biscuits are working today so far (we will see how long they last though!) and the crystallised ginger is disgusting but stops the sickness.

our scan was lovely im due on 3rd august. got some lovely pics and my mam went out and bought me a special photoframe for my scans and for the baby when he/she is first born.

hope evryone is ok xxxx

bab23

Monday, January 24th 2011, 5:48pm

hi all

well yes im still feeling ill as everyone else is by sounds of it. my work know about the baby now and they put me on lighter duties last night cos of that and my back! but oh my god i was exhusted and didnt get much sleep today either so not looking forward to working all night to night!! roll on end july when i go on maternity! its the only thing getting me through at the moment!! lol

big hus and anti sickness dust to you all!!!! hehehe hope it helps in 12 weeks tomorrow and the sickness is no better at all yet?!?! fingers crossed it will be soon.

ahhh mindy glad your scan went well, and i may have to try the ginger i only have chocolate ginger and that doesnt have quite the same affect!!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Monday, January 24th 2011, 8:24pm

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear people are feeling so ill.

Nothing worse than throwing up, just drains you and makes you feel washed out. :puke:

Hope it passes soon. Keep the mantra 'It will pass, it will pass....' [zx123]

Hi Hayley. :hi:

Hi Hopefully, I am keeping my fingers x that the discharge stops soon. Really good news that your cervix is closed. [zx017]

Try to keep yourself busy until the 4th Feb. if you can.....

AFM- Have just hit a wall of tiredness. I am up twice in the night every night (and have been since week 4) peeing! [zx153]

Have felt sick the last few days, but have been eating a banana when I wake up, 6am, which seems to help. I have got a bag of food to take to work with me,

this seems to help. I feel really ill if I leave it too long between food.

Have got dull pains low down tonight. They started at work today. I am worried and have sat down all night. Am going to wear no heels tomorrow for work, not

that my heels are that high anyway. Can high heels be bad for pg ladies?? I am only 8wks...

Am going to go to bed and lie down. Am worrying about the pains and hoping to God they are not the onset of you know what.....

Just praying they are a symptom of everything moving around down there :pray:

Well, keep your fingers x for me please. xfingers xxx

Has anyone else had these pains around 8 weeks, like your about to start....

xxxxxxxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

Monday, January 24th 2011, 9:29pm

hey hun ive had pains low down from 6 weeks!!! think its ligaments streching and nothing to worry about hun! im 12 weeks tomorrow and had really quite bad pains the other night but i went to bed and they seemed to go!! but does scare you doesnt it??

take care! no reason why u cant wear heels but just be aware you ligaments will all be soft due to the prolactin hormone you get in pregnacy and can lead you to pull muscles ect easier!!! xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 1:58am

Well im on my night shift. So far it's not too bad. The guy I'm working with thinks I've a bad back and gas stopped me opening doors etc sweet
Feeling tired now and nothing seems to ease this sickness. May have to see if I can lie down on my break.
Mindy great news about your scan, last day with us today :-)
Rocky keeping busy does help but it's really difficult to grab food when I need it as people comment!!
Mum82 I hope your night shift is going ok!
Tinyteacher I get pains and just put it down to all the movement and changes happening down there. Try not to worry about them.
Hope you have all slept well tonight. Xxx

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 8:12am

Oh no, the sickness seems to be at a high at the moment, hope you are all feeling better soon. Like TT I eat little and often and have a stash in my desk drawer and bedside drawer and I am not feeling too bad. The tiredness seems better too, I managed to cook dinner, clean the kitchen and do my ironing while watching 'one born every minute'. I just love that show and I just keep telling myself that I have got to do that again soon, I cannot wait :clap:

I went to the docs last night to annouce my pg and she has reffered me to mw for my booking in appointment, it finaly feels real now. She was so excited and even hugged me as she has been with us from the start of ttc and has even got herself into trouble for giving us tests that the PCT would not cover, she also helped me to lobby our MP for funding. :hugs:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 8:18am

well ladies, i am signing out of here now and heading over to 2nd trimester. cant wait to see u all in there with me :) xxxxx

bab23

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 1:36pm

bye mindy!! see you in a bit! im 12 weeks today and will wait till my scan next monday till i come over to the 2nd tri

i worked last night back quite painful and im trying to be careful not to hurt it! my manager (One of them!) did my review lastnight writting all about my physical condition making me slow!!!! grrrrrr i have a back abck been off for 2 weeks and trying my best!! im still quicker than some peeple there! he then went on to say it would be reviewed next week and we may have to look at me doing different hours!!! oh my god how dare he, i cant afford to do less or change to days (as i get night rate at moment) sorry for the moan but sooooooo annoyed right now!

hope everyone is well and not too sick xx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 3:58pm

Bye Mindy - hope you start to feel better soon. I'm gonna try the arrowroot biscuits next but can't face the thought of stem ginger.

Mum82 - surely they can't change your hours like that at a loss to you. Ift hey feel that you shouldn't be on nights for whatever reason, then surely they would still have to pay you the normal night rate as technically it is not your fault you are pregnant. I would try to clarify that with them - doesn't sound right to me.

Ali Bird - glad you're coping with the sickness and tiredness. How far along are you?

Tiny teacher - can't remember if you said your HT knows? The tiredness is difficult - at last half term is coming up soon! As for pains I think they'r normal. I've had strange pains today - not the same as yours but like a sharp pain where my hip is. It's not wind so I don't know what it is but is in the wrong place to be to do with LO. Must just be cos of everything going on in there. Try not to worry.

Adreamz - I so sympathise with you. I've had a really yucky day again (as per usual!!) and sometimes think I could do with a lie down during a free lesson. I was even trying to think up excuses today for leaving school for an hour just so I could slouch in my car. didn't do it but am at the point where I'm getting close to having to leave my class to puke!

My sickness is wierd because I've not needed to puke at work yet. It only seems to be in the evenings. I feel awful all day and it's as though I get to a certain point of eating when my body just thinks - no more - and then I have to puke! xx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 4:43pm

rocky, the pain near ur hips is probably ur hips widening so ur uterus can move out of ur pelvis and into your stomach.

the stem ginger biscuits were lovely and so are the arrowroot biscuits, crystallised gingeer however........ blehhh :/ lol. i gave DH one to try last night and he was nearly sick lol. i can eat them bu they arent good at all lol! i was gonna try and dissolve them in water but i have a feeling it wont work lol

xxxxxxxx

bab23

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 4:51pm

Bye Mindy, see you soon.
Ali Bird, haven't watched one born every minute yet, waiting for DH to come home as he hasnt seen any of them yet and I'm rying to put him off being in the delivery room (although I know I will want him when the time comes at the moment I plan for him not to see my fandangle looking unattractive!!
Rocky, perhaps when you get home you relax more and then your body goes 'I cant take it blurrrrr' :puke: , better at home than at work though.
Feel grotty today and :bawl: but I think its pregnancy mixed with tiredness!! Has anyoe got aching hips? not sure if its because I'm sat down and not exwrcising as much as usual but they really hurt!! Left more than right but both are sore.
Also my sister kees telling me not to wear underwired bras as it is not good for breast development. Has anyone else beeen told this at this early stage in pregnancy? I was going to go after my scan next week and be fitted but ow i'm wondering if I should be waiting or not? The next week cant go quick enough for me!!! When I get to see LO again.
Hope everyone else is doing ok. Can't wait to get back in bed for a good zzzz

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 5:32pm

Hello ladies!

Sorry not been in for a while, by the time I get home from work I am knackered! Only have a desk job, but boy do I feel so tired! DF keeps saying, look you're only pregnant so I keep telling him to pee off and read up on it!! :snigger:

Sickness is coming and going, can feel great for a few days and wonder if I am still preg then it'll come back with a vengeance! Not been sick but been heaving a few times when I smell somethin I don't like! Such as Dettol, petrol, toilet smells, cigar smoke, all these things I have always hated the smell of but now its magnified!!

Aw :sadface: Mindy and Rocky, you are really suffering aren't you?I hope it eases soon. I suck sweetie lollipops when I feel nauseous, and also boiled sweets at work. And I've got some frozen refresher lollipops for in the evenings at home! My friend told me to drink flat coke, and I have been feelin yuk all afternoon, just got home and had some and feel loads better! You have probably tried all these things but thought I would throw them out there!

Hello Hayley, how sweet of you coming in here after everything you have been through, I hope you're doing ok and I hope everyone moaning doesn't upset you too much!

AFM: My midwife came yesterday, her name is Sarah and I really like her. She gave me my Maternity Exemption form so have filled it in and sent off today! Should get scan date through soon! So exciting! I just want to see my baby is ok. When we come out of the scan, I will pursuade DF to let us buy something small for baby! Have felt very sick today and very very tired, I've gone off loads of food and eating fruit like its coming out of my ears, but I love getting all these symptoms and when I feel dreadful, at least I know my baby is still there and hopefully growing well. I feel so lucky to be here after all these years I don't think its right to complain. I got very worried the other nite in bed though, when I tried to turn over and had an excruciating pain in my right ovary area! Hopefully its just everything stretching for the little one.

Hope everyone else is ok. :xxx3:

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shelbie" (Jan 25th 2011, 5:33pm)

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 7:20am

Hi all,

It seems as though we all have similar symptoms. one way or the other.

I agree with Shelbie....Bring ON the symptoms, I have waited so long for this, I know I can take it!!

Plus, as Shelbie says, it's a good sign that LO is growing and making our hormones go wild!!

mum - thanks for the reassurance re; pains. They have gone again now and I think it must have been stretching ligaments.

I am wearing white knickers all the time, and I am checking every time I go to the loo...anyone else still as paranoid as me?!!!!

Not sure about the legality of your boss changing your working hours like that. If youa re not sure, phone up your local Citizens Advice Bureau, they will give you free legal advice.

Adreamz - not hear about the bra thing. Google it? Or ask your mw next time you go?

Sounds very early to me. Unfortunately my flat pancakes have not got much va va va voom yet!! I need padded AND underwired!!! boobpoke

Shelbie - I had that ovary pain. But think it's a symptom of everything jiggling about.

:bye: Mindy - see you soon in the next thread xfingers

Rocky - yes, I told my HeadT at 6weeks, but she is a mum to two youngs girls herself.

What year group do you teach?

It worries me everytime I have to shout at mine...keep thinking,,,,this musn't be good for LO. But have got a student with me at the moment, so that's easing the workload abit. happydance

Perhaps you are not sick at work because you know you can't...keep a stash of food and eat little and often. It has worked for me so far.

thumbup Ali Bird - you're official now! Hope you're feeling ok

AFM - I am 8weeks 6 days today. Got my scan date through for 21 feb. I am going to have to change it though as having training at work and DH has improtant monthly

meeting at work which they changed already as we are going away in half term.

Don't want to wait any longer, but we have our 8 week scan pics that have put my mind at rest...and hopefully can get another scan date that week.

Eating little and often is definelty helping me with ms. Stmoach looking quite bloated and some outfits make me look quite hefty!

ANyone else the same at nearly 9weeks?

Love tinyteacher

starsmile
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 7:54am

Hi tiny teacher, I was quite bloated at 8 weeks but that has eased since I've changed my eating pattern. Was having an extra snack at 5.30 so I could wait for dh to come home from work for dinner. Now I just eat dinner at 6 without him (although it's slightly difficult as I can't cook at the moment so my mum is having to prepare my food for me, I did manage to reheat food on my own last night which is a step forward)
Shelbie, I don't like to complain about the sympts either, and I'm sure the others don't too, but I have had this constant hangover feeling for 5 weeks and it grinds you down. Woken today feeling positive though
Jave a good day everyone.

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 8:07am

Ali Bird, haven't watched one born every minute yet, waiting for DH to come home as he hasnt seen any of them yet and I'm rying to put him off being in the delivery room (although I know I will want him when the time comes at the moment I plan for him not to see my fandangle looking unattractive!!

I insisted DH stayed away from the business end during labour but TBH, at that point you really don't care who sees what as long as it is over soon. I don't want to put you off but it does hurt like a :swear: but I promise it is worth every minute. As soon as Will was born the mw asked me, jokingly, if I would do it again and I seriously said 'yes' immediately.

I think most ladies get hip pain as everything is loosening/moving in preperation of varrying baby and birth, try to find a comfy position while sitting and put a pillow in bewteen your knees while lying on your side, that helped me. Re bra fitting, last time I waited until 12 weeks then got fitted for maternity bra at mothercare but then went to primark and bought some excercise bras for £3 each as the maternity bras are very expensive, I am waiting until my scan before I get fitted as there is still not much there after bf last time :snigger:

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 8:35am

Morning Ladies!

Tiny, yes I'm the same, have already put on half a stone, and my tummy is very bloated, I look about 5 months preg! Had to go out and buy work trousers a size up! I bet when I tell everyone at work after 12 wk scan, they'll have guessed anyway!!!! Think its a combination of the extra progesterone in the pessaries as I read that progesterone makes you bloated, and also I am eating lots of carbs, bread, potatoes etc! Also full of wind :snigger: I asked DF last nite if he was gonna divorce me even thou we're not married :snigger:

I'm also eating little and often, you should see the amount food I take to work, fruit is my best friend! Today I am taking, a banana, a nectarine, two clementines, a tub full of watermelon, sarnies, crisps, a cheese string, a go ahead yoghurt fruit bar thingy, plus all my boiled sweets! It works tho, as soon as I get hungry I feel sick! And also if I eat a big meal I feel sick, so its little and often all the way!!!

I don't feel too comfortable talkin about the birth as scared things could still go wrong for us, but I def want DF there, I really don't care what he sees, he has seen it all anyway! I keep trying to involve DF in things and telling him how I am feeling, but it must be weird for them as they can't feel what we feel, so if he sees the baby come out it will be good for him I think!

Whoever was asking about hip pain, I did have a bit in my left hip the other week, and when I was out on Fri nite and had sat for a while it was really painful there when I got up and had to keep rubbing it. But I did have hip pain before I got preg! Gettin old! :P

Hope everyone has a good day, and you all feel better today. :xxx3:

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 8:42am

Shelbie, I too am feeling very bloated but haven't put any weight on the scales though. I already have aload of bigger clothes as have recently lost 2.5st so they might be rearing their ugly heads again soon. I think it is difficult for our other halves to appreciate what we are going through and do feel slightly detached as they can't feel what we are feeling, he will feel happier when can feel/see baby moving as my DH said that is when felt included in my pregnancy, it's all very exciting isn't it :clap

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 5:12pm

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a good day. Nothing new to report here - still same sickyness.

Tinyteacher - you're lucky to have what sounds like an understanding head. I work in secondary and my head is a single female with no kids and not v.understanding. In fact ALL she is bothered about is us getting outstanding with Ofsted when they come so we really have a lot of pressure on us. I've got lots of snacks for work but have little appetite still.
Adreamz I think you're right about me realxing at home so my body just gives up in the eve. I've started eating ice lollies as I find I can stomache them and it must help with the fluid as I'm still not able to rink much. I'm the same as you with cooking - but ironically I teach Food so have to cook at work. it's really horrible having to do it but I am just about coping up to now.
Shelbie - I am also bloated - think it must be normal s I'm not eating much and not putting weight on the scales but trousers are getting tighter now.

As for bra's - yes I've read somewhere about not wearing uderwired ones - I actually couldn't at the moment anyway as my boobs are too sore. I've bought a pack of 2 soft stretchy bra's from M&S. really comfortable and supportive. And just a quick word about pessaries - when have you all be told to stop? I wonder if they are doing angood. I've started them at the front now because of consipation but most of it seems to come back out!! x

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 5:57pm

Hi girls,

I too am still feeling queasy, but no actual sickness yet. Went for my 7 week scan yesterday and baby is 11mm long, with what they said was a good yoke sac. Got a pic too, which was great!
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 6:37pm

Thanks everyone about bra, think I'll stick with some sports bras that are stretchy till my scan next week.
Cath great news about lo 11mm so small but grows very quickly, have you got to wait till your 12week scan before you see lo again?
Rocky, I really sypathise with you about cookery classes. I only had to take my tea out the oven and dish up and thought I was going to be sick!! I might try ice pops as I get hot and I'm not drinking much.
Shelbie, sounds like your in control with your nausea.
Ali bird, part of me wants dh present in labour, it would be a great experience but will he ever find me attractive and really WANT bd again without (beer4) !!!
Not feeling too great this evening, my dads a smoker and I went to his this afternoon, even though he didn't smoke around me it's still quite smoky environment!

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 8:18am

adreamz, I think if anything they find you more attractive (obviously, not at the time :snigger: ) as my DH was in awe of what I had done and has a new found respect/love for me after what I went through to give us our child. It is scary, painfull and not at all pretty but is THE most amazing experience anybody could experience.

cathcat, good news on the scan :clap

Rocky, keep at the ice lollys they are fab when pg. I had a bit of a craving for them last time and got some very strange looks munching on dozens of lollys in the middle of winter

Will is poorly with his back teeth coming through so he wouldn't eat and had a temperature so not much sleep was had last night as he was whimpering in his sleep, bless. If he is awake then I am awake. I just hope he is ok at nursery as they aren't allowed to give calpol so I would have to pick him up. I hate seeing him ill but he is such a brave little soldier that he makes me so proud :hugs: My (.)(.) are getting really tender and are deffinately growing, DH is one happy chappy, or he would be if he was allowed anywhere near them :snigger:

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 1:12pm

morning all

cath congrats on ur scan

ali bird hope ur little one is ok!? how old? horriable when there teething and there is not much you can do

to all my DH was there at the birth of my son and he was absolutly fab!! even the midewife said how good he was and actually left us while i was pushing!! which scared me but she said he was great and id be fine! he doesnt like blood or hospitals so i was worried he would be useless and he shocked me in such a good way! and he wouldnt be anywhere else is such a special event! im hoping to have my next one at home?!! he not keen on this idea tho!!

i got soft non underwired bra from asda! really cheap!

afm im soooooo exhusted today! still feel sick but the tierdness is getting to me now! and im massive!!! put on 12lb and my bump as big as my friend who is 5months!! lol but this is my 2nd so my womb knows what to do i surpose! lol
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Friday, January 28th 2011, 8:07am

mum, Will is almost 2 and his teething has never been a problem but the final back ones are a nightmare. He did pick up yesterday afternoon so xfingers

My DH was a superstar during the birth too but I credit this to the NCT classes, they were a real eye opener and helped us enormously.

Will stayed at my Mums last night and we went for a lovely meal, the first time we have managed to do this for about 6 months, it was really nice but it meant that I ate too late and too much and didn't sleep all night.

Hope everybody is well

Friday, January 28th 2011, 1:12pm

I'm thinking of going for nct but it's about £200 isn't it? I shall take on board what you have said. My dh would be very kind I'm just scared I will be a witch to him!!
Mum82 how many weeks are you now?
Well I'm on a long day today and so far its been ok but I haven't felt too nauseous! Fingers crossed.

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Friday, January 28th 2011, 4:00pm

Hi Girls
I felt like I should come by and wish all of you a lot of luck and may all of you and Los be blessed and healthy from the bottom of my heart I wish you this, I have to let go of this thread now but I am sure we will see each other around on FZ.
Kind Regards
and thank you for the kind words
Love
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

Friday, January 28th 2011, 4:19pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all having a good day. I'm still feeling yuck but I don't think it's as bad as it has been - dare I speak too soon!!
Sorry but I don't know what NCT classes are??
1 and a half weeks until my scan now - it feels like I've been waiting forever. Going on a hen weekend 11th Feb and I'm a bit worried cos I've not told people yet and apart from having to disguise the fact I won't be drinking - I also can't eat very much and am very picky about the foods that I will eat at the moment. I'm sure I'll be having to go to bed early as well. Has anyone else had any social outings?

Nice to hear from you Mim - hope you're doing OK xx

Friday, January 28th 2011, 5:33pm

Hey Everyone!

Hi Rocky, glad you're feeling better, I have gone off lots of foods too, I just stick to what I like now, once this phase is over am sure we will eat better. I've always craved fruit when I feel ill so am eating lots of it at the moment good job really cos I can't stop eating other bad stuff like crisps! Also I've never really been one for ice lollies, especially in winter but having one every nite now, they are so refreshing! I'll be stocking up the weekend :snigger: oh if you're going out, someone is bound to ask why you're not drinking so I just say I've cut it out to lose weight! Obviously their brain will be ticking over cos I've put on weight but I thinks that's funny! Or you could use the old antiobotics line! Also eating out, I find it easier to have food made for me cos the cooking smells put me right off! And choose your favourites!

I don't know what NCT classes are either????

I've still not got my scan date through, hope it comes soon!

Hello Mim, hope you're doing ok :xxx3:

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Friday, January 28th 2011, 6:24pm

mim hope ur ok?!

adreamz i be 13 weeks on tuesday! felt a little better today (touch wood!!!)

i think the NCT stands for the national childbirth trust or am i wrong???!!!

so had an ok day today but went back to my other job and we have a new manager!!!!! who is a complete idiot!! grrrr told me before i started work i need to take it easy cos of preg then all day moaned at me for going to slow!!! i was actually running around the stockroom to get everything done and it still wasnt good enough!!! grrrrrrrr
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Friday, January 28th 2011, 8:23pm

NCT classes are run by the national child trust, we had ours when I was about 32 weeks and once a week for 6 weeks, basicaly they run through childbirth, breastfeeding and everything in between. DH found it especialy helpful as he really had no clue what to expect and he was calm, encouraging and completely selfless all the way through. We would recomend them to anybody. They cost us about £140 but it is means based so if your salary is low or are on benefits, it could be cheaper or even free. I am not on commision, honest [zx062]

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 5:10pm

Ok thought I was over the panicking stage but no. Woke thus morning boobs not so tender, wasn't feeling nausea had an ok day yesterday so started to panic. This was at 6am so didn't sleep no more, now I'm tired. I'm 11 weeks today so not sure if symptoms start fading now but I'm hoping that's what it is. I've got my scan Tuesday, it's the only thus keeping ne going!!
Ali bird I've heard good things about nct, do you think it's worth the money?
Mum82 your manager sounds like a t**t. I think someone before mentioned contacting the citizens advice about your rights they can't moan at you for being pregnant!!
Shelbie, I have also tried the ice lolly and as much as it's a little strange in winter it's so nice!!
Rocky, I'm out to a party tonight, I'll let you know how I get on. Will you not have told everyone by 11th? Think that will make things a lot easier!! It's the hiding the symptoms that make it all so much harder!!
Mim good luck to you xxx

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 12:31pm

Hi all,

Shelbie - you're lucky to be craving fruit - my diet is really bad. I've always eaten well but for the last 6 weeks it's been a real struggle to get and fuit or veg down - along with everything else really. Am going to try a smoothie today.

Mum82 - yes I agree about contacting the citizens advice. You don't need any extra stress at the moment and your new boss sounds like an idiot. I can symathise cos my line manager is also an idiot - in fact I can't wait to start maternity leave to get away from him!!

Adreamz - hope your party went well. You sound like you're coping much better than me. Keep wondering why I'm being such a wimp. Have hardly been out since finding out about BFP - except for work - and certainly not in the evenings. I'm in bed by 9pm every night!!

AFM...thought I was a little better on Friday but had a bad day again yesterday and was up in the night with sickness and severe stomach pain (just wind I think). Feel rotten today so I'm off to eat an ice lolly to see if that does the trick xx

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE