You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 1st 2009

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 3:47pm

Hi girls do you mind if I join you? We have had IVF with PGD and received a positive test on Sunday (16 days post EC). As we are being treated by Guy's in London (due to the PGD) but live near Newcastle upon Tyne, I've not had much conversation with the nurses other than 'don't eat soft cheese'! Mind if I ask you all some questions? I've got an appointment for my first scan on 19th December which will be 5w+3 from EC so that will be my 7 week scan. At what point do I need to get in touch with my GP/arrange to see a midwife? Do I wait until after the scan? Thank you and congratulations to everyone! x
My blog - PGD
OTD 27/11/11 :BFP:
[zx076] seen 19/12/11 7w+2 9w+3 12w+2

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: None!!!!

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 6:16pm

Welcome, whiteangel!

At our clinic I have asked this question and was told that a me 7 week scan I will be given the paper to take to GP/midwife. At week 7 scan I got a paper saying the expected due date, number of sacks and heartbeats. I took this tommy GP and was referred to midwife. In our area you contact GP first.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
IVF#1 Nov 2010 - :BFN:
AMH - 1.49

IVF#2 Sep 2011 - :BFP:
Two [zx076] at 7w+1, 10w, 12w+1
20 week scan - all is well
Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !
28 weeks scan - both babies are measuring average, 1.2kg estimated weight each!

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 6:29pm

Hi can someone please please please tell me what helps indegestion?

I have done all the usual things, cutting out spicy food, fizzy drinks.

I have it from the min i get up

x
ME 28 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP:

[zx076]6+6,13,19+6, 29+4, 29

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 6:48pm

welcome whiteangel, congratulations :)

Round here you see the GP first, and see the MW at 10 weeks - I saw my GP at 5 weeks because I wanted a prescription for folic acid, so got everything going quite early. We were discharged from the clinic after the 9 week scan, with the bit of paper with the dates on - I'll give that to the mw tomorrow when I book in.

sasha - I had really bad indigestion too although it has eased off now. I cut out orange juice which was the main offender for me. Rennies work really well and are totally safe, also deflatine for bloating. Warm water with lemon juice I found helpful too.
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Beanie5

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 5th 2008

Children: Yes please!

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 7:28pm

Hi Ladies!

PLH - Good luck with your MW appt on Friday. It must be so exciting seeing your bump and starting to joing clubs!

Kat13 - Hope you are doing okay. I read that getting blue veins is part of the symptoms so I'm sure your boobs will start to grow soon.

Jasper - Good luck with your MW appt on Thursday. It must be difficult trying to make up excuses to go to your appointments.

Caraz - poor you, hope your nasty cold goes away soon - there is definitely a lot of it around at the moment. I've got my car booked in for it's service and MOT for next week. I know it's going to be pricey as I definitely need my front breaks and pads changed.

Sasha - Sounds like all your symptoms are kicking in well. Good luck with your scan tomorrow. For indigestion, if it's heart burn (acid coming up) then drinking some milk can help and peppermint tea definitely helps. If you get it at night, try to stay a bit more upright in bed with extra pillows. I've suffered over the years with heartburn!!

Amber - Good luck with your 12 week scan on Friday. It must be exciting having twins!

Whiteangel - congratulations and welcome! I can't answer your questions regarding when to get an appt with GP/midwife. I'm going to wait until I've had my scan next week and then I may tell my GP.

AFM - definitely been feeling my boobs more. Lots of tingling pain but not bad pain. I know I'm going to be really stressed Tuesday morning before my scan in case things aren't right but hoping that it will be exciting.
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
(ICSI x 4, FET x 6 - 2 early losses)
Tx no. 10 - Immune Protocol through Dr Gorgy :BFP:
MY DIARY

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 7:46pm

Congratulations Whiteangel, I waited until my 7week scan before I told my gp, had my first midwife appointment at 9weeks.
Sasha, i've also heard milk helps, I also use Rennies. Hope it eases soon [zx127]
Beanie, good luck for tuesday, it will be amazing
Plh, Caraz and Jasper, good luck with midwife appointments
Amber, good luck with your scan
Sorry if i've missed anyone :O
Afm, got flu jab tomorrow and 12 week scan, im so scared but trying to think positive thoughts xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 8:16pm

Oh, good luck kat for tomorrow! Let me know how the flu jab goes - I have mine booked on 13th.

Beanie, I was very relaxed before my both scans. I didn't worry before the first one, even doctor was surprised how relaxed we both were! I just knew deep Dow that it is going to be ok and we will have both embryos still inside! I really think that the week abroad helped a lot and although I did develope OHSS, those extra few ays at home were exactly what I needed.

In between the two scans, I was worried that something will go wrong and we might lose one or both. I thought I won't sleep the night before, I will be a wreck, and I have to say I slept fine, was relaxed in the morning, drove happily me and a friend to the hospital, and again, once in the clinic, was sure all will be ok.

So, all I can say, is try and relax as much as you can, and trust your body to do the best!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !

Reg: Nov 20th 2010

Children: Please!!!!!!

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 8:47pm

Hi whiteangel, I will be 5w+5 from EC at my scan on 14th dec and was told to book a gp appt in advance for that same afternoon, as if all is well I will go straight to that and get everything confirmed.

Sasha, have you tried peppermint cordial And soda water/lemonade? My great aunt used to give it to us when we were younger to help indigestion and heartburn!

Hi to all the other ladies. Just got back from dinner out so am stuffed so off to bed. Catch up tomorrow xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years
6 x IUI all :BFN:

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.
M/c imminent :sniff:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 8:52pm

Actually going straight from the scan to our work Christmas Lunch (no drinks for me this year!) but may try to get an appointment in the following couple of days as would like to ask about flu jab before they close for Christmas. My nine week scan will be due bank holiday weekend which is no good. Will have to speak to my headteacher about going on the training day. After all of the IVF appointments feel bad asking for time off but not much I can do about it! Good luck everyone with midwife appointments. I'll be interested to hear how you get on and what sort of things they ask/tell you but then I am nosy! Hope everyone is relaxing with your feed up x
My blog - PGD

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 9:58pm

Whiteangel, I went for my flu jab and was told to come back when I was 12 weeks, think they were just being overly cautious and may be diffent at your gp's. At my midwife appointment it was a lot of paperwork about yours/dh/family medical history. They weighed me and then had to book appointment for bloods and urine sample as couldnt go at midwife appointment :snigger: As long as everything ok at my scan I wont see midwife again until 15 weeks. Hope that helps xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

sasha146

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 2:46pm

OMG how amazing is it when you see your baby and it's little heart beating :thumbsup:

Thanks to all the ladies for the indegestion ideas, had a little bit this morning as well as feeling yuck, on way to scan had a soft mint and it seemed to work, maybe nothing but will be making sure i have them at all times incase this is my secret cure :snigger:

Kat hope your scan went well

Take care ladies x
ME 28 DH 37

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 3:09pm

Fantastic! I am very happy for you! It is an unbelievable feeling when you see that tiny heart beating away and even more amazing once you hear it...

I can't wait for Friday! (Fingers crossed all is well)
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 4:01pm

Sasha, thats great news. Did you get a due date?
My scan went well, dates exactly the same as the clinics. S/he has changed so much, actually looks like a baby and was moving around, it was amazing
Hope everyone else is getting on ok? Xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Caraz

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 4:23pm

kat and sasha - great news on the scans :D We've another 2 weeks before our next one...

Amber - good luck for Friday :)

I'm just back from the midwife which went really well - I only cried a little once, when we talked about last year :( It is the same mw I saw last year, and she was lovely after we lost the baby, rang us a few times and spent ages on the phone just talking through things with us. We spent over an hour going through paperwork, taking blood, and discussing various options. She's referring me to the physio for the PGP - although she says it will probably take a few weeks for them to get around to contacting me! We seem to have really good mw cover round here - I will see her at every appointment, and there is a midwife-led unit at the local hospital which I am planning on giving birth at. My next appointment is on 4th January, at 16 weeks. She didn't try to listen to the baby today - said that before 12 weeks it can be difficult to find the heartbeat, but she will at the next appointment. She didn't mention the flu jab and I forgot to ask - def don't want to get it until I have completely shaken this cold bug though.

Hope everyone else is well and avoiding these nasty cold bugs that are going around!!
Caraz

IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

sasha146

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 5:12pm

Hi Kat based on my cycle i would be 6+6, the baby is measuring smaller at 6+4 so they have said 23/7/12 but at 12 week scan this could change, when are you due?

Amber hope everything goes well tomor is this an early scan or 12 week?

x
ME 28 DH 37

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 6:01pm

Sasha, I was expecting my dates to change but they stayed the same, due 11th june
Caraz, pleased your midwife appointment went well
Amber, good luck for your scan
Xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Beanie5

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 7:41pm

Hi

Good to hear your scans went well Kat and Sasha! Good that your MW appointment went well Caraz. Sounds like you have a nice, caring MW.

I had an okay day today, kept busy at work, so didn't think too much about how/what I was/wasn't feeling.

Going to get an ice pack out the freezer now to put on my bum as the bruising has got quite bad from my injections. I've got two big areas of lumps on each side! No pain, no gain!
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
MY DIARY

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 1:28pm

:weehee: Brill news about your scans Sasha and Kat. Caraz - your mw does sound lovely! I had an awful one last time.

I made an appointment with the GP today to confirm my pregnancy but when I got there my dr said I didnt need to make an appointment (all changed sisnce i was pregnant with Lydia) so she gave me a number to call for the midwife and I expected an appointment at 8 weeks but they said they now see you straight away so I have an appointment next week when i'll be 5w+5. What do they do at this appointment and why is it earlier than it used to be. The lady on the phone said soething to do with blood tests? Cant remember how much i've forgotten in 3 years!

:xxx3:
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 1:33pm

white angel - just noticed we probs have the same due date (or similar) I'm currently down as 4th Aug :) x

*p.s i meant to say "can't believe how much i've forgotten...." in my previous post - must be baby brain! :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "jen84288" (Dec 1st 2011, 1:36pm)

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 2:02pm

Well, good to hear all keeping well!

I went to GP this morning, and apart from warm baths, hot water bottle and paracetamol, no other suggestions. He thinks it is a bit of sciatica and it will past in few weeks. I doubt it is. He advised to keep active, and after sorting out few bits this morning, I am in pain even sitting down.

On the different news - I am 12 weeks today!!!!! Scan at the clinic tomorrow, hope babies are growing well. Then NHS NT scan on Wednesday. We are going to Germany next weekend (Sat/Sun), so we will see how I cope with an early flight, a day out in town and meeting some of our friends there. Hope I can get to bed early!!!!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 2:55pm

Happy 12 weeks Amber!! bet you're very excited for your scan tomorrow :D

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 3:02pm

Thank you!

Sort of! excited I just can't believe it is Friday tomorrow! And yet again, I have no worrying/nagging feeling inside. Yes, I am gtting some pains and aches down there, but somehow, I am not worried. Why is that?????

Trying to get comfortable at the desk, and it is not working out well. I am really keen on the nap now, but work has to be done as well. Why there are so little hours in a day?
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Reg: Aug 10th 2011

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 4:40pm

hi girls can i join in please,

I got my 1st BFP last week after our first attempt at IUI after 5 years of trying we are so excited but so scared as we are in the very early stages, i keep going to the bathroom and checking... im hopeing this is normal after so long of trying??

I will be 5 weeks preg tomorrow and think that works out my due date is Aug 3rd, I was sick for the first time this morning but iv been told morning sickness is a good sign... so bring on the symptoms thats what i say...

We have our first scan 13th Dec i think i will feel so much happier when we have that and everything is ok... xxxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 5:34pm

Welcome Lisa,
We are exactly in sync I will also be 5w tomorrow! My mum has worked out that I will be due 3rd of August but going to wait and see what they say at my first scan on 19th December. Jen, there may be three of us on the same day! Not sure whether to get in touch with a midwife yet or wait until after my scan. Think Christmas will get in the way a bit! Might ring the clinic at Guy's and see what they advise.
First day back to teaching after a couple of weeks off and I'm exhausted. Not sure if it is a symptom or I'm just getting old! Hope everyone is relaxing xx
My blog - PGD

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 8:21pm

:hi: Hi Lisa

Yeh I felt like 5 weeks was really early for a MW appointment but my dr said i was to phone them and they said they like people to book in alot earlier than 8 weeks now but really not sure why and it might just be in this area...My appointment is in the same building i go to mums and tots with DD (surestart) so im really hoping i dont bump into anyone there :S Not ready to tell until my 12 week scan

sasha146

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 8:51pm

Hi girls hope everyone is well.

Happy 12 weeks Amber good luck for your scan.

Jen i went private for my treatment now i have had my early scan i have to go and tell my GP to be referred to NHS, don't think we get a midwife app until 12 weeks but i could be wrong.

Welcome Lisa, i'm the same inspecting the toilet roll, very sad but i think everyone prob does it.

Well i was sick for the first time this morning :tears: maybe a one off but what a horrible feeling, they do say it's a sign of a healthy pregnancy so if this is the start of it ill just have to keep that in mind.

Hi to all the other ladies

Take care x
ME 28 DH 37

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 9:34am

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I have not had a chance to post - not sure where the time goes, but have tried to keep up with all yours.

Hello to Sasha, Beanie, Stace, Jen, Whiteangel & Lisa - congrats to you all on your BFP's!

Sasha - sorry to hear you were sick yesterday, but yes it is a good sign.

Lisa - yes checking is very normal :snigger:

Whiteangel - the tiredness is probably the pregnancy, just try and rest when you can. You'll probably find yourself blaming the pregnancy for lots of things as you progress (I know I did).

Amber - good luck for your scan today.

Kat - how did your flu jab go? I'm going to book in for mine after my 12 week scan (had one last time too) - that was the advice of my midwife. Glad your scan went well - you are almost in the 2nd Trimester, very exciting!

Caraz - glad midwife appointment went well. Yes they do wait until 16 weeks to start listening to baby. We had our own monitor last time and once you can detect yourself it was so hard not to do so all the time. We limited ourselves to once a day :snigger:

Hello to anyone else I've missed. I'll try and get on here a bit more frequently from now on.

AFM - I saw the midwife at 10 weeks which was the same as last time. I have been so tired and busy with DS - he's into everything and not letting me just sit down and rest :smile: That's my main symptom so shouldn't complain too much! I have my 12 week scan on 12th December which I can't wait for as I still find it hard to believe I am actually pregnant (having not been through IVF again). I have a consultants appointment in January too - as I had a cyst at my 8 week scan and want to discuss my last labour.

Have a nice day everyone.

Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 10:47am

Hi nikki, flu jab went ok, a bit bruised but thats all. Cant wait to get to second tri, but had a scare this morning, had pink spotting thats now brown. Rang midwife who said its completly normal and aslong as its not bright red and theres no pain then not to worry, easier said than done though. Good luck for your scan on the 12th. You must be warn out running round after your lo and being pregnant, dont know how your doing it xxx
Amber, good luck for your scan today xxx
Hi lisa and congratulations xxx
Hope everyones ok and got some nice plans for the weekend xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 11:25am

Kat - I'm not sure how I'm doing it either. Don't remember being this tired last time - just want to spend the day in bed or on the sofa but can't - not complaining though as my little boy is wonderful :) Fingers crossed the spotting goes away.

Nikki x

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 5:33pm

I know how you are feeling Nikki! I am so so tired! I work til 3pm 4 days a week and the rest of the time I am literally running around after DS. I am so glad it is Saturday tomorrow as DH is taking DS to a dad's stay and play at the local children centre and I paln to rest! I have my work xmas do tomorrow night but not sure how late I will stay out or if my colleagues will start to get suspicious when they notice I am not drinking as I am usually a big drinker!!!! :wine:

Hope you are all well and I'll catch up properly later!

United Kingdom

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 6:52pm

We had our scan! It was amazing, really. We could clearly see the spine, and the brain, and the legs and arms, and baby 2 was having hicups!

Baby 1 was a bit curved, and measured 12w1d when taking straight line CTR, so probably a few days more if (s)he was straight, the baby 2 measured 12w6d!!!! I am 12w1d today, so they are growing fast - I was expecting them to be on the smaller side, considering there are two of them, but I am really glad they are doing well. Now we need to wait till Wednesday and our NT scan.

I am going to stay with you for a few more days if you won't kick me out...
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Caraz

United Kingdom

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 6:56pm

fantastic news amber :) it must be so exciting to see both of them bouncing around in there - and hiccups too, how cute :)

I was hoping you'd post before we went out - we are heading to an Italian for my birthday meal (was yesterday), but just wanted to check for news before we went. I'l catch up with everyone else over the weekend - hope you all have lovely relaxing plans. Now I'm off for my first sober birthday meal in about 22 years!!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Kate1208

Reg: Oct 9th 2011

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 7:04pm

Hi ladies...
I need a little pick me up I'm afraid... I've tried so hard to stay away from websites etc but am feeling a little low and would love some advice from anyone!

It's been a scary week and I'm not coping well. On Tuesday I started bleeding, a lot. Bright red and pains in my tummy. A hospital nightmare and a scan 20 hrs later and baby was all ok. Even did a little dance for me on the ultra sound!

Now though, I'm living in a state of fear. Am having sharp twinges Both sides of my belly and I just want to hide away for the next 6 months! I am 10 weeks and hoping like crazy that these sharp pains are just growing pains...

I am sorry to post such a negative message but I could really do with some help :tear:
ME - 32
OH - 33
Low AMH and PCOS
2010-11 IUI treatments - all failed to get beyond stimms.
1st ICSI OCT 2011 = :BFP:
:rainbow:

United Kingdom

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 7:21pm

Caraz, thank you for the message! And happy birthday! I hope you enjoy the meal - I love Italian, no wonder as I have married one!

Kate, I am not sure what to advise. I had some pain and still have in my tummy, even today during the scan.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 7:35pm

Kate - not sure what to advise either, just try and think about the twinges being baby settling in.

Caraz - have a lovely birthday meal, you've got the best birthday present and a great reason for not drinking - enjoy!!

Amber - congrats on the scan, hope you got some lovely photos. The babies seem to be growing great - they are obviously comfy in there!

Jasper - enjoy your rest tomorrow. DH is off next week and we are going to Center Parcs on Monday (so have 10 days with some help & can't wait).

Have a nice evening everyone.

Nikki x

Beanie5

United Kingdom

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 7:52pm

Hi Ladies

Jen - nice surprise to get an earlier MW appointment than last time - hope it goes well

Amber - sorry to hear that the doctors advise re sciatica hasn't helped. Congratulations on being 12 weeks. Sounds like you had a great scan and the twins are growing well - how exciting!!

Lisa - Congratulations on your BFP - being scared is totally normal - I am exactly the same! I have my first scan on Tuesday and am hoping this will reassure me but I am worried at the same time about having the scan incase something isn't right.

Whiteangel - congratulations on being 5w. Sorry to hear that work was so tiring - I'm sure that is part of the joy of being pregnant!

Sasha - Sorry to hear you've been sick but then sounds like it's a good symptom!

Nikki - It must be difficult trying to keep up wiht looking up with your DS when your pregnant. Hope you manage to get a bit of rest at somepoint over the weekend

Kat - Glad to hear your flu jab was okay. Sorry to hear about your scare. I've heard of pink bleeds during your preganancy being just from your cervix because it is very 'ripe' and sensitive from all the hormones.

Jasper - good to hear that you will be getting a bit of a rest tomorrow whilst your DS and DH are out. Enjoy your xmas party. I have mine on Monday eve and have worked it so that I am the driver for a couple of colleagues!

Caraz - Happy Birthday for yesterday! Hope you have a nice meal out tonight

Kate - so sorry to hear that you have been bleeding that must be so scarey. Good that the baby looked okay on the scan. What did the hospital say about it/reasons for it? Do you have to go back for another check up? If you are worried you should go back or call your MW maybe. Big hug xx

AFM - I've been okay. Been slightly more positive the last few days but still can't believe I am pregnant and wanting to get to our scan on Tuesday, so that I can hopefully get some reassurance.
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 9:37pm

Amber - congrats on the scan, hope you got some lovely photos. The babies seem to be growing great - they are obviously comfy in there!

I got plenty! We got 8 this time, I think 8 at week 10 scan and 7 at week 7 scan. They were free and we haven't asked for them (we wanted to get some), but as I was on the trial, doctor just kept pressing the button! I am not complaining though!

I will probably ask to get some more photos at the scan next week as well - it would be nice to compare the difference it makes extra 5 days!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

sasha146

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 9:53pm

Hi hope everyone is well.

Amber congrats on your scan sounds amazing what a good start to the weekend.

Caraz have a lovely mean i love Italian food.

Kate i'm not sure what to advise either, has the bleeding stopped now? I have had quite a few twinges and i always get one at night for some reason that feels like a pulled muscle when i turn over in my sleep. I no it's easier said than done but just try and get plenty of rest and take things easy.

Have a nice weekend girls, i'm off to a hen night tomor totaly dreading it

x
ME 28 DH 37

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 11:52am

DH has taken DS to dad's stay and play. I have done some housework put a few decorations up :xmas46: and now I have got time for a cuppa and a proper catch up....

Sasha- Why are you dreading the hen night??? Is it just the thought of watching everyone getting drunk!!!

Beanie - Glad to hear you are feeling positive. Not long til your scan now. Bet you are so excited!

Nikki - Which Centre Parcs are you off to? I worked at the Longleat one for a while which meant I could use alot of the facilities for free which was great.

Caraz - How was your birthday meal? I have got my sober xmas meal tonight but to be honest I drank enough at last years do to make up for it!!!

Amber - Glad the scan went well. I am eagerly awaiting an appt through for mine.

Kate - There are lots of threads on here about bleeding during pregnancy, maybe you have found them by now. I know it is extremely scary as it happened to me at 12 & 14 weeks during my first pregnancy. It was like I was having AF it was so heavy. They never found they cause of the bleed but everything was fine and I had no further complications. What did the hospital advise, do you have to go back if it doesn't stop? Try not to worry and rest. :hugs:

Hi to anyone I have missed....

I had my booking appt with the MW this wee. So now I am waiting for the 12 week scan appt to come through. The good news is that they only do them in the evenings and at weekends, so I won't need to take any time off work. I still haven't told work. I will probably break the news to them in the new year when I can't hide it anymore!!! :teehee:

DS slept for 12 non stop for the first time in his life last night so I am feeling more awake today. Lets just hope it wasn't a one off!!! I am going to get my hair cut this afternoon so looking forwad to the chill out time at the salon and then it will be time to get ready for my xmas do. We are meeting at 6pm!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 12:09pm

When this fatigue/tiredness is going to end? Went to bed at 10pm last night, got up at 8am, had tea with panettone and condensed milk and by 11 could barely keep my eyes open. Still struggling, but OH is making lunch and he is already complaining that I am not eating well enough or exercising enough. So waiting for my cabage, steamed veg and makarel.

Was naughty a bit and had a bight of smoked saliami that my parents made and brought to us in summer. It is as hard as a stone, but i love it.

I am hoping to ask OH to go to a baby shop this afternoon, but knowing how much he hates shops and how much he hates spending money, it is probably not going to happen. I don't want to buy anything, just have a browse, i think it is mainly prams in that shop, and I am worried I would just end up upset at his comments at prices and that we don't need anything.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 12:53pm

There is light at the en of the tunnel with regards to the tiredness! ( That's what I keep telling myself anyway!!). I felt so much better by about 14 weeks last time. I am off for my afternoon nap shortly..... zzzz

I asked my MW about cured meats and she was a bit unsure on whether or not they are a definite no no. Although they haven't been cooked they have been cured, she said she would check but I told her not to worry as I don't eat them that often. Peanuts is another grey area as some people say to avoid them others not.

I hope you manage to drag him to the shop. If he does make comments aboutthe prices just tell him that you are only looking and plan to shop around for the best deals anyway!

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:40pm

No shop today. The weather is awful. I spend first part of day on the sofa, then went upstairs to curl up in the bed and called my mum, then we had a chat about anything and everything and now I am considering relocating myself to sofa again... It is so dark outside, that the only thing you can do is sleep!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 7:35pm

Hello All!

Beanie - I don't think you're alone in not quite believing you are actually pregnant. I can't wait for my 12 week scan, will see lots of baby then :)

Amber - hope you get shopping soon, that's the fun part. One tip (given what you've said about DH) - don't keep a list of what you need, bought and how much it was - very scary when you total it up :8o: Why does he think you don't need anything - babies do need stuff

Jasper - I agree, the initial first trimester tiredness does subside but comes back later when you are peeing every hour during the night and just can't get comfy :snigger: Off to Elveden (mainly as it was the closest and apparently not as spread out). We went to Longleat with DS earlier in the year and loved it (especially the train at the end of the day). Looking forward to all the christmassy stuff - lights, fireworks and taking DS to see Santa!

Sasha - hope the hen night goes ok tonight.

AFM - been packing and washing all day but did have my haircut this morning - first time since had DS :faint: & boy did it need it!! He did say that my hair was in the best condition he's ever seen it (doesn't know I'm pregnant again) - so there is an upside to go with the tiredness :)

Have a nice evening and chat soon

Nikki x

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Children: Twins a healthy boy/girl and a baby boy in heaven xx

Sunday, December 4th 2011, 12:48pm

Hi ladies, welcome to yet even more newly pregnant ladies...its fab to hear of so many!
Lots has happened on here since i was last on.
Definately not alone Beanie i still think am i really pregnant!! I dont think i will truly accept it until i have my baby in my arms tbh.

Really sorry to here of the problems u have been having Kate...although baby sounds like they are doing just fine. Ive read some other ladies whi are now in the 2nd tri who also had bleeding and all is great with baby.

Well I am officially 13 weeks today!! I had my midwife appt on Thursday and got lots of info. So im now waiting for my '12 week' scan which im told should be the end of the week. Fingers crossed as ill be nearly 14 weeks by then! Really looking forwards to seeing baby again and how much they have changed since my last one. So im going to stick around in here until ive had my scan and then i shall brave it in the 2nd tri. Really, ur not in the 2nd tri until the end of week 13 anyway from what my book says so technically i still am first tri!

How has people been feeling? Ive had terrible headaches the past few days more like migraines and had to call in sick at work as all i could do was lay down and sleep.

Has anyone done any xmas shopping yet? I went yesterday to the metro centre and OMG i could have committed murder!!!!!! It was hectic!! :angry:

Has anyone been eating as normal or eating more yet? Im still really not hungry and hardly eating and i just wondered when that will change?

xx
Dec 2011 beautiful angel baby5 twins Nov 2012 :boy: :girl:

Caraz

United Kingdom

Sunday, December 4th 2011, 1:22pm

Hi ladies

PLH - congrats on being 13 weeks! I've also been getting some headaches lately, and have been a lot thirstier than normal, so I guess they could be dehydration headaches? Not as bad as migraines though luckily. My eating varies a lot - I think (hope) the queasiness is easing off a bit now so I might be able to start eating more normally again, instead of having to snack every hour or so because I felt so sick and hungry all the time! I'm amazed I haven't gained masses of weight already, but only 1.5lbs so far.

Amber - I'm with you on the sofa-dwelling, I've barely moved off it for days now, I have a nice little nest with the spare duvet, and all the remotes next to me :) Starting to feel better now though, and have been out the last couple of evenings (although I only managed that by sleeping for a few hours in the afternoon before we went out!). If DH makes a fuss about costs, just tell him you are only window shopping so you know what to look out for on eBay :)

Jasper - hope you enjoyed your Christmas do :)

Sasha - hope the hen night went well - a difficult one to not be drinking at though!

Beanie - good luck for the scan on Tuesday - it will be more real when you actually see the little one in there :)

Kate - I hope everything is ok with you this weekend after your scare [zx127]

Everyone else (and isn't it nice to see so many people in here :)) I hope you are having a lovely weekend and not getting too bogged down with Christmas shopping :)

AFM, still tired, still queasy, and have developed a raging thirst. At least the cold virus is fading now although I still go armed with masses of tissues where ever I go! My PGP is developing nicely, I feel very stiff after walking any distance. DH has just headed off for Heathrow - he is in Rome again with work until Wednesday.

I've a bit of a dilemma. We are booked in for the nuchal scan next Monday, and I am going into the clinic this Tuesday so they can take blood - that way we get the full results at the scan next week. When I booked, they said the doctor will usually do a quick scan when you go in for the blood tests, just to check dates etc. Part of me really wants to have that scan, just for reassurance and to see the baby again. Part of me is absolutely terrified they will find something wrong while DH is away. This was were it all went wrong last year, so we are both understandably very nervous about these scans (we were told at the nuchal scan last time that the baby was dying - we lost her the following week). I know that the odds are everything will be fine, but I can't help worrying. I really don't know whether to have that scan on Tuesday or not :( I'll probably decide when I get there. DH has already looked at flight times in case he needs to come back early - that's how pessimistic we are both being, it is ridiculous!! I just want to be able to look forward to scans, and not be constantly putting caveats around everything when we talk about the pregnancy ("if everything is ok" "if we have the baby next year" etc). It is like this huge solid wall in front of us that we just can't see past right now.

Sorry to be so down - but it really gives me a boost to read about everyone else's good scans, it makes me feel that actually this might be ok :)
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Caraz" (Dec 4th 2011, 1:24pm)

United Kingdom

Monday, December 5th 2011, 9:15am

Well, we got to the shop yesterday to have a look around. And looks like Baby Jogger City Select is the winner pushchair at the moment. The side-by-side ones we didn't like, as well as iCandy Peach blossom (only to about 18 months, more tedious, plus £400 more expensive!!!!). It was good that OH came as well, as he would have never believed me that the pushchair can cost over £1000! The Baby jogger with all the bits (seat, carry cots, car seats, adapters, raincover, footmuffs) was just over £1000. Not too bad, maybe we can even shop around for the car seats. I wouldn't mind the Baby Jogger car seat, as then we don't need adapters and it looks like it last longer, but I don't think they make the base for it, and I really don't want to have to belt them in in the car every single time we leave the house.

I am absolutely not rested this morning, could collapse back in bed, but have to work!!!! At least, I am hope and I am still in my pyjamas.... OH is off again to the other site with work, but he is back tomorrow night, and might be able to come to the scan on Wednesday.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, December 5th 2011, 8:04pm

Well ladies its time i moved over to second tri, i hope you all get on well with your scans and midwife appointments, will see you all soon in the second tri.

Kate, hows things after your scare? I also had bleeding early hours of this morning, wasnt sure what to do so went off to A&E, they couldnt really do anything but booked me in for a scan at the epu today, everything was fine at the scan and they couldnt find a cause for the bleeding, was told its very common in early pregnancy. xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 12:48pm

This whole no symptoms thing is starting to bug me again....with DD I had very few symptoms and no sickness but i hate not feeling pregnant.

I just feel a bit tired and a bit more hungry but that's it - anyone else symptomless?

On another subject - anyone seen the new quinny moodd pram yet??? looks beautiful - really want one of those!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "jen84288" (Dec 6th 2011, 12:50pm)

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 1:55pm

Sounds like me - I still got the tiredness, and some days I could have eaten the horse!!!!!

Have just went to Christmas market to get my lunch, and ended up with a very nice Paella, and got 10 cannolis from Italian sweets stall - well, only 8 left, ate one myself and offered one to a colleague... I feel like I could finish all box, but then I promised OH I will bring some if I find them, and I already told him that I did find them... Maybe should go to the market again before going home...

Week 12 scan tomorrow + Nuchal scan. OH is coming with me, so it will be nice to see babies together again. And I am having the rest of the day off, so will go and do some more Christmas shopping, probably more for myself than anyone else!!!! (Could do with a warm coat for summer, another pair of trousers, nice sweaters/tops to show off the bump once it doesn't just look like I am fat).
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Caraz

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 4:26pm

Kat - good luck in the second tri, we should be joining you there the end of next week hopefully :)

Kate - hope you are ok

jen - it seems fairly common to have minimal symptoms. I'm glad not have had any actual sickness, but will be very happy when I get my energy levels back! I haven't really looked at prams yet, but I know I will need something that can go off-road. I don't like those huge three-wheeler buggies, so will have to do a lot of research I think to find the right one.

Amber - good luck for tomorrow. I need to go shopping too, I desperately need a new winter coat, so may have to brave the crowds next week. We've got a local Christmas food fair this weekend, which I love going to as they sell the most delicious biscuits and cheeses, amongst lots of other things, can't wait :)

I decided to have the scan today, and so so glad I did, it is such a big relief, we can relax a bit now and not be panicking over the full nuchal next week. Baby was lying a bit awkwardly, but rolled over at one point so I could see her arms and legs all tucked up in front of her. HR 146bpm, can't remember the CRL but she dated her to 12+3, so slightly ahead (I'm 11+5). She had a quick look at the nuchal fold, and measured it to 1.1mm, which she described as "teeny" - so everything looking absolutely wonderful right now : D She'll do the full scan next Monday and we'll get the blood test results then too, so have the full picture, but based on today, the doctor said there shouldn't be any nasty surprises :)
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE