You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 2:49pm

HI PLH!

Just wanted to pop in and wish you good luck for your 12 week scan tomorrow. I can't believe how quickly time has gone!

xxx

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

allyw

Reg: Apr 22nd 2011

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 5:06pm

Hi Ladies, sorry I havent been on, just so busy & also tired when not working.

Curlytails, I hope ur scan went well 2day.

PLH I laughed when I read about the orgasm, as I had 1 as well but didnt wanna say, so glad u said, as it must be normal when pg, maybe 2 do with the rise in hormones. :snigger:

Amber sounds like your busy with work, hope ur kepping ok.

Poppy, Kat & wannabe hope ur kepping ok, hope I havent missed any1.

I have my scan next Tue which is just b4 I'm 12wks, cant wait.
:heart: Ally :heart:

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 6:05pm

12 week scan went really well. Baby is very laid back and took quite a lot of prodding to move :snigger:. I was amazed just how hard the sonographer pressed down on my tummy to get it to move!

Good Luck tomorrow PLH x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 7:45pm

Curlytails, that great news :happy: do you need a full bladder while they're pressing really hard? I hope they dont do that with me, got a few bruises from clexane injections :sadface:
Plh, good luck for tomorrow. Enjoy every second :happy:
Ally, hope your tiredness eases soon, mines just started, once i've had lunch I feel like it should be bedtime :snigger:
Hope everyone else is ok and not feeling too sick/tired :P
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 7:56pm

Kat I didn't have too full a bladder. As for the tiredness it is a killer isn't it? This is the first night in weeks that I have still been up at 8pm rotf

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 10:18pm

I look really pale somedays too, is this normal. Feel ok in myself just get everyone saying 'are you ok, you look really pale' I think a few people might have guessed [zx062]
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 6:10am

I looked really pale with big bags under my eyes around your stage Kat, then yesterday I bumped into a friend who said I look really well so I guess I've reached the blloming stage now :snigger:. The people I thought may have guessed hadn't or if they had they haven't told me.

Thinking of you today PLH and hoping all goes well x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Children: Twins a healthy boy/girl and a baby boy in heaven xx

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 9:15am

thanks ladies for the messages.
Thats fab news curlytails so pleased for you...cant believe your going to be moving to second tri soon!
Im still having the internal scans at the mo so i dnt need a full bladder. Be glad to have the ordinary scan next time!
I'll let you know how I get on today xxx
Dec 2011 beautiful angel baby5 twins Nov 2012 :boy: :girl:

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 11:10am

Hi ladies

Has anyone else been having problems accessing the site? I've not been able to load any of the pages since about last Thursday - it suddenly popped back into life today. It looks like people have been posting in the meantime, so don't know what the problem has been? I even tried on my iPhone and that didn't work either. I've a lot of catching up to do now :)

PLH - good luck for the scan today :)

Interesting to read the peanut discussion - I too had read that so long as there is no history of peanut allergy then you should be fine. More importantly (to me anyway!) was the discovery that the NHS have changed their guidelines on rare meat, so I can now enjoy a rare steak or bit of lamb, so long as it is thoroughly cooked around the outside :)

We had our first scan last Saturday, at 7w+2, and have a "textbook" little blob :) The nurse had me worried - she took ages to look before she said anything, and I could see her biting her lip like she had seen something worrying! Then she says, really slowly and in a worried voice "well...I can only see one of them..."!!! We had mentioned having two blastos put back, so she had been looking for twins - I wish she had just said straight away there was at least one there!

I'm feeling really tired, and have been in bed by 7.30 - 8 the last couple of nights!! I haven't had any actual sickness, but lots of bad queaziness, especially if I eat too much. I've had to start eating tiny meals several times a day, so more like constant snacking. I get to feeling really, really sick if I get hungry though - I've even had to get up in the night a couple of times to get food because I felt so bad.

Our next scan is booked in for a week Saturday, and I see the midwife at the end of the month. We've decided to go private for the nuchal scan in December - apparently they look at a lot more markers than the NHS one, and after our horrific experience last year (no fault to the nurses or doctors), we just want to do it totally differently this time. After the expense of IVF, an extra £180 for a scan doesn't seem like all that much!!
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 12:45pm

Sorry PLH...I don't hink it is your 12 week scan today, is it??? Think I got a bit carried away!!! Either way, I hope it goes well and you get some good piccys.

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 6:02pm

Caraz, im so pleased everything went well, was worried coz you hadnt posted xxx
Plh hope everything went well today xxx
Curly, thats exactly how I look. Pale with bags, what happened to blooming during pregnancy :snigger: xxx
Hope everyones ok, do you get sent a letter about 12 week scan or do they phone you? Xx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 6:03pm

I got a letter for my 12 week scan. I think the blooming stage comes in the second semester so not long for you now :hugs:

PLH I've been thinking of you and hope all went well xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 9:20pm

Just a quickie as on my phone but all went great today. will do a longer post on pc tomoz XX

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 6:30pm

Plh, thats great news :thumbsup:
I had a funny turn at work today, went dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out, was very scary. Was ok after a cup of tea and a sit down. Do you think this is something to worry about?
Hope your all doing well xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 8:21pm

I still pop by here very often..;-)
Kat you are the first one to ask this,in early Pregnancy for some reason i would wake up very dizzy ended falling on the batroom floor covered with cold sweat it was crazy,i always thought it was my glucose as i am insulin resistant but not sure if it was but it was scary it happened for a whole week ,hope u feel better :-)
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 9:45pm

Thanks mim, I feel alot better thanks. It only lasted about 5mins, I googled it and it seems normal. My blood pressure may have dropped for a few minutes or I might have got too hot.Hope your getting on ok xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 6:57am

Kat I had a few dixxy spells early on and just needed to sit down for a few minutes for them to pass. Make sure you are eating little and often as it does help. Fuzzy Bee suggested dried apricots to me and I did find snacking them through the day kept the funny spells away.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: None!!!!

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 9:22am

Dried apricots are also a good source of fibre, so keep them close by!

I seem to be unable to sleep-in in the mornings this weekend. I got to bed after 10pm last night, and woke up at 7.30 this morning. Ok, I had quite a bit of sleep, but I know I will have early mornings next week, so want to get as much rest as possible. And I am incredibly bloated! When is that going to go away?

Have been eating way to much this week with 3 course lunch at the course, and I think I put on about 3-4 lbs this week! Scary! Need to get hold of this. I am not small as it is, so don't want for my weight to spiral out of hand!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
IVF#1 Nov 2010 - :BFN:
AMH - 1.49

IVF#2 Sep 2011 - :BFP:
Two [zx076] at 7w+1, 10w, 12w+1
20 week scan - all is well
Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !
28 weeks scan - both babies are measuring average, 1.2kg estimated weight each!

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 10:28am

I tried the apricots but didnt like them, I managed to force myself a few times but gave up. I've been eating bananas to give me an energy boost. Ive had a poorly belly since 1am, woke up in cold sweat with horrible belly pains and had to get to the loo quick, and a few times since so tokd work I wasnt going in. I do feel alot better, dont feel bloated anymore so maybe I needed it :snigger: sorry for tmi
Amber, my clinic said the bloating should go away around week 12 when the ovaries go back to normal. Mine were still quite swollen at my 7week scan. It could also be coz our digestive systems have slowed down but again should get better around week 12
Hope everyone is getting on ok xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Caraz

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 11:40am

morning ladies

I've had the occasional dizzy spell too, usually caused by standing up too quickly I think. I generally feel a bit light-headed a lot of the time, but not so much I need to sit down or anything. I'm snacking regularly to try and help - sometimes it is healthy stuff like fruit or a yoghurt, luckily I seem to have gone off chocolate for the moment! Crackers and cheese are regulars though.

We've got my mum coming to stay today for a week - we haven't told them I'm pregnant yet, we want to wait until after the 12 week scan and blood tests - planning on telling them at Christmas. Not too sure how I'm going to get through the week feeling sick and tired without her noticing though! She doesn't tend to ask questions though, which makes it easier, and I'm not actually being sick - which she would be bound to ask about!

I'm starting to get some PGP symptoms already which is a little worrying. It started gradually a week or two ago, but is definitely there now - I'll have to talk to the MW about it when I see her in a couple of weeks.

Have a lovely weekend :)
Caraz

IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 2:17pm

My ovaries at week 7 scan were bigger than my uterus and I still have some fluid from OHSS. But I wasn't so bloated then! Hope all settles down quick.

Had a bit of a cry again. OH took the best scan picture wi him as he was going to see his parents this weekend. As I was in Homesence looking for a frame that I could put the photo in, he texted me saying that he is going to leave the photo to his parents. Ok, I don't mind him taking it to show, but he never mentioned he might leave it, and I went into real panic attack. Had to spend 10 minutes or so in the car crying before I could drive home, and it wasn't getting much better. I had to text him few times to promise he will bring the photo back, to which after few texts he replied telling me to calm down, photo will come back and we will need to talk about his ability to make decisions and my confidence in him! Obvioudsly, didn't help much for me to calm down, and I spend the three hours in bed - just got up, as there is a pile of work to be done around, and he is not going to lift a finger once he is back. Decided I am not making the dinner tonight as well. Still have a few hours of ironing to fight with, and then house is crying for a clean, and I cannot put it off any longer, how ever tired or down I am , as I have a friend coming over to stay on Wednesday.

Sorry, rant over. Just very upset and didn't have the best weekend so far. Doesn't look like it is getting any better. Would like to hide somewhere in the cave and spend the next 7 months where no one can upset or annoy me.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !

Caraz

United Kingdom

Monday, November 14th 2011, 9:46am

morning ladies

Amber hope you are feeling better today :cuddle aren't hormones a wonderful thing! I can understand you being upset that OH was going to leave the scan at his parents - that is YOUR scan, of course you want it back! We have scanned ours into the computer, so we have a permanent record of it anyway, but even so I want to keep the original!

My ovaries are still enlarged - the nurse said they should be approaching normal by the next scan (which will be just over 9 weeks). I do still get some nasty bloated feelings, but I'm putting them down to dodgy digestion now rather than my ovaries, as it comes and goes!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Monday, November 14th 2011, 1:33pm

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is ok? Its perfectly normal to feel dizzy, its from all the hormones going on and it makes it worse when you make sudden movements like standing up after sitting for a while.

Well my scan was amazing on Thursday..i couldn't believe it but our little one was moving and wriggling around!!! It looks more like a proper little baby now you could see the head and little arms and legs! I smile everytime i think about it. I called the doctors up today to register with a midwife so i now have to wait for an appointment to come through the post. She said the first appt will take an hour!

Can't wait to get a date for my next scan. Its starting to feel more real now I think xx

Caraz

United Kingdom

Monday, November 14th 2011, 2:44pm

that's great news PLH, I can't wait for our next scan on Saturday :) I've just had the letter through with the appointment for the NHS nuchal scan - 8th December. We're going to go private though - I'l make that appointment after the next scan, assuming all is well. I've found a lovely looking clinic near Witney, Beard Mill, so we'll go there on or around the 8th if we can instead. We are just anxious to get the reults as quickly as possible - we get them on the day at that clinic if I go in for bloods a few days before. The nuchal was such a nightmare last time, I'm dreading it. Can't wait to get it over and done with, hopefully then we might be able to start relaxing a bit, and actually start to believe we are going to have a baby next year :)
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

United Kingdom

Monday, November 14th 2011, 6:44pm

I got the appointment thought the post for the midwife (booking in)! It is next Tuesday, so don't have to wait too long. I will be 10+5 then, so e scan should follow up shortly as well.

I have a scan on Thursday, but I ignoring that anything can be not fine. Even though I tell others that it is still early and anything can happen, I am not tletting myself to think that. I have two perfect babies growing inside me and I am not listening to anything else! Well, until Thursday's scan, that is...

I have been having lower back pain for the last few days and a pain in my left side of the bottom. It is so annoying, it hurts when I walk, or when I need to turn over in bed. Hope it goes away soon.

Had another train journey standing for half way, and was so glad that the seat became available soon, as was feeling really weak. Someone actually has offred a seat when I got on the train, but I was so shocked, I didn't dare to accept it, and said I will stand for a bit.

Right, two more days and I am going to see the babies! Oh, and I am either starting to show, or I had way too much food...
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, November 14th 2011, 10:14pm

Good luck everyone with your scans, i've finally got mine for the 30th Nov when i'll be 12 weeks and two days xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Caraz

United Kingdom

Monday, November 14th 2011, 10:52pm

Amber good luck for the scan on Thursday. I know what you mean about telling everyone else "it is very early yet" - I'm exactly the same. I'm mostly staying fairly positive myself, and keep reminding myself of a statistic I read that once you have seen a heartbeat, the risk of miscarriage drops to about 2%, so the odds are massively in our favour now. I had a bit of a wobble today after getting the letter for the nuchal scan - when DH got home I had a bit of a weepy session on him - difficult with my mum sitting downstairs oblivious to everything! Its the first time I've got really emotional so far though, so not doing too bad really!

I've had lower back pain for a couple of weeks now, and a general achiness in my lower pelvis which gets worse after a long walk. Add to that occasional popping sounds from my hips, and it is not looking good really! I'll talk to the MW about PGP when I see her, and maybe see about going to a physio or chiropractor if it keeps getting worse.
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 3:00pm

How is everyone? I am quite cheerful today so far. OH texted to say, that his dad thinks we will have 2 girls. I am still scared to allow myself to think that we might be having twins - I am scared, that one of them stopped growing or something else is wrong. I am cheerful when we tell others, and I am happy, but inside - I am really scared that something will go wrong. I am not scared or worried of having twins- I would love that. I know perfectly well that it would be a very hard work, at least initially, and it is bigger strain on the finances, but it is such a joy and happiness to be able to get this far. My mum already told that she would come over to help, and I don't know hoe to say that she is wellcome, but not more than a week-10 days. I am not close to my mum by any means, never been, and whilst I have nothing against her, I go mad after spending a week with my parents and feel like climbing the walls! I could cope with it whilst I was living with them, but once I moved out, I never once wanted to come back.

Same with OH's mum - she is retired, so even easier for her to come over forever, and I just can't stand her for long. OH doesn't unerstand this and all he thinks, that she is trying to help, but she is driving me mad at the same time! I am really worried that she might decide to come over for a month or so, and OH will do nothing to stop it. He will be at work all day, so I would have to cope with either parents on my own. Oh, and whilst my mum would clean the house or tidy up the garden, OH's mum would do no such thing. She would be willing to cook, but then I am not too keen on her cooked food (overcooked, not salted/too salty, too much oil for my taste and stomach, etc.)

Ok, it seems like I am ranting again. Sorry!

My friend is coming over tomorrow evening, and we are spending a girly evening at home. the next morning we are off to the hopsital for the scan, and having a day off from work. I just hope my house is not too messy to scare her off! We are having Christmas get together with her&OH and another friend&OH next weekend, and as it is at ours, I have a lot more cleaning to do - I will get there, I got so far in one weekend after nothing has been done for 2 months :O , and I will do more this weekend, and OH will be there, hopefully will help some more as well.

Ok, enough from me. Hope you all re keeping well!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 9:00pm

Hi First tri folk!
I usually have a sneaky read but managed not to post in here but Amber I had to say I sympathise! I too don't have the best relationship with my folks, I quite like my space, but I have come to the realisation that twins means I'll need help, so I've sucked it up and am bracing myself for my ma coming to stay for a while, who knows who'll be left holding babies as she drives me nuts! But I totally understand how you feel! Good luck, lots of time to plan your way through it!
Hello everyone else and I hope you're all well x
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 6:53am

Hi ladies, I'm 13 weeks today and off to the second tri. Look forward to you all joining me there soon x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 7:40am

Well done Curlytails and happy 13 weeks. Cant wait to join you xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Caraz

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 5:46pm

Enjoy the second trimester Curlytails, see you over there in a few weeks hopefully!

We don't live close to our families (about 75 minutes from DH's parents, about 3 hours from my mum, sister and brothers), so quick visits or babysitting duties from family aren't really an option for us. My mum will probably come and stay for a bit after the birth, but as she is in her 80s and a bit forgetful, I won't be leaving her to look after the baby on her own! MIL sadly has dementia, only early stages yet, but sufficient that we couldn't leave a baby with her. FIL is on great form luckily, but cares for MIL. Other grandchildren (and great-grandchildren) visit them regularly, but can't really stay over. Its a shame, but as both DH and I were late babies ourselves, and we are now both in our fourties, sadly the grandparents are that much older than average (all in their 80s). We are lucky that we do have a good relationship with them otherwise though, and enjoy what time we can with them - even if I am currently absolutely shattered from pushing my mum's wheelchair around the past couple of days! She can walk, but has a bad knee so it is just easier to push her - its making my pelvic pain a lot worse though. DH took the afternoon of work today so he could come out shopping with us, he was quite worried when he saw how tired I was last night.
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 7:04pm

Hi everyone,

Can I join you please???? I got my BFP a few weeks ago but have been to scared to join until after a scan. We had ICSI 2 years ago which resulted in our gorgeous DS, I have ( or had!!!) blocked tubes and this baby was conceived naturaly so the scan was mainly to rule it ectopic. I cried with releif this morning when we saw the heart beating away right where it should be.

I have just set up a new ticker and can't beleive I have 228 days to go, it seems like a lifetime. Maybe it will have sunk in by then!

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you....... blowkiss

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 7:33pm

Hi Jasper, congratulations and well done. Your more than welcome to join us, so how far along are you? Xxx
Afm, still getting aches and pains and still constipated. 13 more sleeps till my 12 week scan.
Hope everyone else is getting on ok xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 7:43pm

According to dayes I am 7w5d but the scan said 7w3d, nearly 8 weeks anyway! The symptoms I have been getting are extreme tiredness and feeling sick but luckily I haven't been sick! So far, excactly the same as my last pg so maybe it's another boy!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

United Kingdom

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 9:23pm

The scan was perfect! The babies are right size, one measured 10 weeks, the second one 10w+1, the size was about 32.8mm and 34.7mm, I think. They had strong heart beats, and were moving arms and legs. Very happy!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Caraz

United Kingdom

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 10:38pm

Amber - that is great news that both little ones are doing so well :) Amazing that you can see them moving so early!

Jasper - welcome, and congratulations on the BFP :) We've got 217 days to go - definitely not sunk in yet, I don't think I will start to believe it until I actually begin to look pregnant and can feel little one moving - and probably not even then!! That all still feels a long way off.

kat - I've got pretty much the same symptoms. I had quite strong stomach cramps (af style) for a while today, they eased off after an hour or so. I haven't really been getting the twinges I had last time, just very occasionally, but I am a lot more tired, I just want to sleep all the time!

Time for zzzz
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Caraz

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 11:42am

morning ladies

Just back from our 9 week scan, and everything looking lovely : D Baby is a touch under 26mm, and we could clearly see the little arm and leg flippers waggling around - he looked like he was either swimming or flying! So much activity in something so small :) We had a listen to the heartbeat too, which was racing along nice and fast. I still feel a little detached from the whole thing to be honest, I don't think I'll be able to start to accept it until after the nuchal, but it was still fantastic to see :)

We've been discharged from the clinic, and have the official form to pass on to the midwife/doctor with the EDD on it. They've got a different date to the one I worked out - but only 1 day later, so I'll leave my ticker as it is. I like the idea of being due on the Solstice :)

Hope everyone has a lovely relaxing weekend :)
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 1:14pm

Thats great news Caraz, it feels good being discharged from the clinic doesnt it :) Xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 2:44pm

Fab news Caraz xx

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 5:19pm

Congratulations, Caraz! When I had first scan the doctor put me 3 days later, but then the scan showed me 1 day ahead. The scan on Thursday showed me bang on for the days. Will see what week 12 scan will show and what the midwife will think about the doctor's calculations, as I am not sure they are ok. But then - with twin I am not going to reach week 40.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 6:38pm

Thats great news Caraz. It's amazing how much they are moving around. I'd have a scan everyday if I could! :happy:

I've been feeling very sick today and it hasn't beenn helped by DS having a sickness bug. I just feel like eatin plain crisps and toast all day! Luckiliy I haven't actually been sick.

On the subject of dates, when I had my 12 week scan with DS they moved my due date forward to 5 days before the date the clinic had given me. He arrived on the exact day that the scan had given!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Sunday, November 20th 2011, 3:08pm

Hello everyone,

Can I join you all please? I am just over 9 weeks pregnant with my second (natural but first was IVF). I am so so tired, much more than with my first pregnancy - that's my main symptom apart from a bit of nausea. I have had a scan already, wasn't 100% sure on my dates but so relieved to see a heartbeat. Just waiting for my 12 week scan date to come through - will relax a bit more after having that.

Amber - congratulations on your twins, very exciting!

Jasper - I agree with having daily scans, would stop the worry whether everything was still ok. My dates were moved forward an entire week with my first pregnancy - was quite paranoid then but we just need to go with the flow. Baby will come when baby is ready :)

Caraz - we have the same due date at the moment :)

Hi to everyone else and will do a few more personals when I get a chance.

Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

Sunday, November 20th 2011, 4:40pm

congratulations Nikkii, fab news!! I too am waiting for my 12 week scan to come through. I am 11 weeks today so I hope they hurry!!

Talking of sickness, ive had my first proper meal for about 4 weeks today. Just an easy pasta dish i make but i really fancied it and even that made me feel sick. Ive been eating cornflakes for every meal nearly which cannot be good!! Im wondering if thats why my wisdom teeth have decided to make an appearance as well with all the milk ive been drinking!

How is everyone else feeling? I feel so rough and my god i look horrendous!! Who ever said you get pregnancy glow!!! xx

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 20th 2011, 5:38pm

Hi, Nikki! Welcome to the thread!

I have week 12 scan at the clinic as part of the trail, but I think there will be another one on NHS. I am seeing the midwife on Tuesday for the first time, will see what she says.

PLH, I am lucky mot to suffer with nausea, bu the tiredness is gettin too much. We got up late yesterday, had brunch, a did. Few bts, and we settled on the sofa at about 1pm. Next thing - I am sleeping and woke at 4 pm. Had to get shopping done, and made panetonne dough for yet another trial, and was in trying to stay up a bit longer, went to bed at about 10pm. Then had to get out of bed at 7am with the back pain! Now all afternoon battling the sleep, as if I go to sleep now, I will be waking up early and not able to work during the day!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, November 20th 2011, 6:31pm

Congratulations Nikki! I am in a similar situation to you aswe had ICSI for DS but this pg is a natural miracle!

I have been feeling tired and sick too. DS still has the tummy bug but luckily DH has done most of the clearing up! IThis morning I went back to bed for 2 hours when DS and DH went to Tesco!

I've got an appt with my doctor on Tuesday to get a MW sorted. I left it until after last weeks scan just incase it had been bad news.

Going to have an early night tonight ready for work tomorrow. zzzz

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Caraz

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 20th 2011, 6:48pm

welcome nikki, congratulations :) Another solstice baby then!! Interesting to read they altered your due date on the last baby - I thought with IVF the dates were pretty well set in stone? Or do they vary it depending on how the baby is developing in later stages?

PLH - I've been eating a lot of cornflakes too, but strangely can't stomach milk on its own anymore - I was drinking it by the litre during stimming!

Like Jasper and Amber I am feeling soooooooo tired I can barely move. I've had my mum visiting this week, and been out and about every day with her - she doesn't know I'm pregnant yet (not telling till after the nuchal) so I had to try and hide the tiredness and queasiness (fortunately I've had no actual sickness). We've just dropped her back off with my sister, and its like all the week's tiredness has just hit me! I fell asleep in the car on the way back, and have just slept for a couple of hours - I literally could not stay upright a minute longer. I'm only up now because I am ravenous again, and DH is cooking dinner downstairs :)

I think the queasiness and food aversion/ravening hunger is starting to ease off a little, so hopefully my energy levels might start to increase again soon.

Apparently dinner is ready :smile:
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Sunday, November 20th 2011, 7:03pm

Thanks everyone.

Caraz - when I went for my dating scan at 12 weeks last time, they ignored that fact I had IVF and dated accordingly. In mind I had my actual due date but Lewis came the day before the NHS date. Last time, we didn't tell family until after the 12 week scan and got a telling off. This time we told them all earlier and they were pleased we did (although gave them all the caveats of being really early etc).

My food intake seems to increase as the day goes on - can't seem to stomach breakfast and seem to snack on biscuits and choccy :snigger: I try to ensure I eat a good meal at some point throughout the day. DH is currently getting Lewis settled for bed and then we are going to crash on the sofa. Been so nice him being off over the weekend. Jasper - do you find it hard you can't just crash out during the day due to DS?

Have a good evening everyone!

Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

Kate1208

Reg: Oct 9th 2011

Monday, November 21st 2011, 12:23am

Hey everyone...
Am taking my first, very tentative steps into the first trimester chat! :chortle:
We had our first scan on Friday and saw that beautiful sight of our babies beating heart! Just still can't believe we are so lucky! Must try to relax!

Just wanted to say hi! Xxx
ME - 32
OH - 33
Low AMH and PCOS
2010-11 IUI treatments - all failed to get beyond stimms.
1st ICSI OCT 2011 = :BFP:
:rainbow:

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, November 21st 2011, 7:36am

Congratulation Nikki and Kate, welcome to the first trimester.
Hope everyones had a great weekend, I went to see Breaking Dawn, was amazing :happy: I no longer look like im the living dead, got some colour back after being so pale and pastey for weeks. I now feel hot alot. And eating too much :snigger: 3 people that know im pg think im showing, told them its just fat xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE