You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 1:25pm

Mim - hopefully the fact that your bump is growing and you have pg signs means things are OK. I hope your scan goes OK on Friday xx

Mindy - I was very sick last night too! So much for me thinking it was easing! I threw my tea up as it was just sitting in my stomach and made me feel lousy, and then after being sick I had terrible heartburn so I had some Gaviscon too! Congrats on getting to 11 weeks! You'll probably notice your belly suddenly grow if it hasn't already. Mine seemed fuller from 11 weeks, just above the pubic bone as your uterus is growing. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and it can't come soon enough xx

Booboo - ditto re eating the wrong food. All I seem to want and to be able to enjoy and stomach is chips, oven or fried chippy ones, either with beans or gravy. Can't be good for my waistline but hey ho. I'm hoping I get my appetite back in the 2nd trimester and then I can enjoy the healthy food I like xx

Adreamz - good luck for your scan in a couple of days. I can't wait to see my LO again next week and hope that all is OK. Will keep everything crossed for you xx

Well as I was saying to Mindy I threw up again last night. Didn't feel too bad this morning but nipped out to the shops at lunch and walking back to work I felt really weak and sick and needed food - so got some chips LOL! Sickness has now eased but it'll be back when I'm hungry again in an hour or two!

I didn't watch One Born Every Minute, was in bed. I watch all the ones on Home and Health - A Baby Story and stuff like that. I'm also getting into Giuliana and Bill on E, a couple in America who are famous and are struggling to conceive. I'm at the episode where they're about to try IUI.

Booboo - I have always said I want an epidural. I'm a wimp when it comes to pain and I reason that why stress myself out, and the baby, by trying to be good and have a natural birth when I will probably be a lot calmer if I am numb from the waist down lol!

Oh and I messed up my pessaries last night. I do one before I go to bed at about 8pm and I set my alarm for 4:30am to do my morning one (then go back to bed for an hour). Well, I woke up and checked the clock on my phone and I thought it said 3:45am so I thought I might as well do my pessary now rather than getting up again at 4:30am. Anyway, I did the pessary and when I went back to bed to switch my alarm off it was actually 23:45!!! So I did 2 pessaries in the space of 4 hours!! I was getting worried that it may harm the baby but feel OK today.

I can't wait to finish the pessaries. The hospital said to ring when I am 13 weeks and they will tell me how to ease off them.

:xxx3:

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Children: a bun in the oven!

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 1:50pm

Hoping i did that with my nasal sprays, i took two within the space of 3 hours or something! its so easily done lol

ive bought loads of stuff to eat but now i feel sick im that full! i cant bloody win!

well ive sat and had a 2 hour lunch because of my book haha oops! the time just slipped away from me! good job im the only one in the office! i dont feel too bad for it though ive gotten an insane amount of work done this morning so i think i deserve it!

hoping re the bump, i seemed to have a massive spurt really early on and then didnt grow much from then, my mam commented that i wasnt getting any bigger on sunday, but hopefully ill get one in the next couple of weeks! i am at the stage now where i just look fat, i dont actually look pregnant! its very depressing lol xxxxx

bab23

IVF Nov 2010, 30 eggs, 20 embryos, 6 snow babies and a BFP!!!

MY DIARY - Mindy and Daddy Cool's pregnancy diary!

Help for Heroes Parachute Jump www.bmycharity.com/v2/stevencurry

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 2:08pm

hoping - don't worry about the double dose of pessaries hun. you can't overdose as such on progestone (so i've heard!) so your LO will be fine. its not like u put the whole box up there so i wouldn't worry...lol. yeah i'm defo same thoughts as you with the epidural. i'm not good with pain and i'd just stress out and think i was dying or something so best to just have the meds they provide.

adreamz - good luck with your next scan, is it thursday? my next one is thursday too.....

so mindy and hoping u seems to be getting sickness prity much like me. where u feel worse on an empty stomach? well i am exactly that if i don't eat i can feel the acid in my tum and then i dry wretch. so i keep grazing at work..... and if i'm not sick of people saying to me 'how come you always eating.... when i was preg i couldn't eat'. well good for you if u couldn't eat but i can't stop!!

mindy - i think i just look fatter rather than preg too...lol. its natural our hips ect will widen though and i don't think the real bumpage comes until week 14-16ish. i do have a pop out tum though, not sure if its baby and uterus or all the eating thats done it though!

i've just been having a worry that is it normal to feel this hungry all the time and need to eat so many carbs. i really don't care about my waistline but i do care about been relatively healthy though.

well xfingers xfingers we're not all stuck with this damn sickness all through like some are!!

x x x x

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Reg: May 7th 2009

Children: Hopefully soon - but count one Tortoiseshell cat!

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 2:15pm

Really freaking now, just been to the loo, (tmi) number 2s and when wiped there was pink discharge. For the last few days i have been getting clear gungy discharge with brown in it and brown on paper but only when I wipe. Now this. Im just crying even after speaking to the clinic who tried their best to say not to worry and see what happens. I still dont have my scan until 25 Jan and just want that because I';m still not convinced I am actually pregnant despite the three tests saying I am. Reason being I have a cyst (that can give false positives) and think I may have another one from the last ovulation before the transfer as no egg collection due to being donor recipient. I also take progynova 3 x 2mg daily, these are used in older women as HRT and read they can prevent a period coming. What has happened in the last few days and today is just exactly more or less what happens when my period is on its way and the bleeding just gets heavier. In my heart of hearts I really dont think I am pregnant, then there are times I think I am. I have had a lot of cramping, not just period cramping and feelings of period on its way but cramp like you would get in your leg in the uterus area, also feeling of tightness down there. Sometimes get very hot at night like I have a camp fire going under my duvet and even woken up at 2.30 in the morning dripping in sweat! Thought all good as symptom of pregnancy but could this also be symptoms of the progynova and my period trying to break through. I just wish I knew what was inside me if there was a baby(ies) or not, at least I would know then if it was my period and I would stop worrying about a possible miscarriage. i cant stop crying (screaming) at the moment.
Nicky :xxx3:

1st IUI 21 August :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd IVF March 2010 :BFN:
3rd IVF June 2010 Failed Blastocyst :BFN:
4th IVF Alturistic Donor Eggs, :BFP:

Miscarriage 6 February 2011 at 10 weeks
Baby Billy my angel :tears:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 2:35pm

tishers- slow down hun, how many weeks are ya? i had spotting at about 6 weeks (after BDing) and then i had spotting again last week, if you read back most of the ladies in here have had spotting at some point or another, so please try not to get too worked up about it as that can make things worse! if youre really worried ring your clinic again and demand an earlier scan. they can do it. or you could go private. if you havent got your scan until the end of the month your just going to worry about it all month and that wont be good for you! so maybe you should try and organise an earlier scan. but seriously the spotting could be anything from inplantation bleeding to the "vanishing twin" it could also be breakthrough bleeding if this is your natural time of the month! if the blood is brown it indicates its not fresh blood so try not to worry

im not sure what to say about the cyst as i or anyone i know has not experienced this, but if the docs were worried theyd have took u in. seriously hun calm down, because stressing out will only put u under more pressure!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bab23

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 2:41pm

Re the pain relief, me and hubby have discussed this and im going in with an open mind, i would like to think i could do it without pain relief! Daddy cool jokes that i will be a right pain in the backside when im in labour and im determined not to be! lol.

daddy cool was 10 pound born so you can bet ya life that lil currybum will be big! lol. when my MIL was pregnant with Dh she had really high HCG levels just like i do, im taking that as a sign! or maybe an omen :S lolololol

i dont care! let lil currybum give me the pain of my life as long as he/she comes out happy, healthy with all fingers, toes, eyes limbs etc etc etc! i couldnt care less! xxx

bab23

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 2:44pm

tishers - all i can say to u is to try not to worry just yet. i had spotting when i was 5week and 5 days but it all turned out ok. the cramping u are experiencing is just as likely to be the uterus expanding. its quite a similar pain to the beggining of AF. also if u are 6 weeks yet then you can arrange a scan (privatly if your clinic won't do it) if u are really worried. there are lots of ladies on here though who've had spotting, its quite common. also are u sure it was spotting from where u think and not because u have strained ...sorry TMI!!! there is also that if u had 2 embies put back then it can be one of them not attaching but the other been fine ( i think thats waht happended to me). try to stop worrying too much though and getting yourself into a panic, it won't do u or LO any good x x x

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 3:50pm

ladies i have found something that combats my pg sickness! gaviscon! as soon as i start to feel sick i have a lil sip of it (not a full spoon or out) and it takes the feeling of being sick away for at least a half hour or something! i suppose it only works if u like the taste! i hate swallowing it but i love the taste of it bizarrely xxx

bab23

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 4:12pm

Tisher I agree with the others, you have got to try and relax. My advise would be to take some time off work, don't do anything strenuous, no BD and like the others suggested maybe try and get an earlier scan probably if this will put your mind at rest.
Hoping, just make sure you take your next pessaries at the right time and I'm sure that one off will be fine. Have you nearly finished them now?
booboo, yes my scans thurs at 8am again! In fact I have a presentation in the afternoon and should be scared and dreading the day but it couldn't come soon enough!!!
Mindy I'm with you and pain relief. Not saying I won't eventually opt for epidural but want to give it ago without first I think!! Are you all having dh in with you?
Need to buy new bras I think, I wouldn't say they have grown massive but certainly feeling tight in my bra which is at the furthest fastenings!! Dh thought it looked fine I explained it was painful (tight arse!!)
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: May 7th 2009

Children: Hopefully soon - but count one Tortoiseshell cat!

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 4:38pm

I have been in contact with the clinic. I asked them about bringing my scan forward, they said no, I asked why as I know ladies have scans at 6.5 weeks 7 weeks etc, I will be 8.5 weeks at the time of scan (25 Jan). They said it may be to do with having advanced equipment???? Not happy with that. She suggestd I do another pregnancy test and call them back with the result. So have bought one, I suspect it will say the same as the others so will do it tomorrow morning. Still wont convince me any different. I guess whatever my body is doing, it will do it whether it be pregnancy or a period coming. I'm more calmer now but I feel like I am totally oozing underneath (sorry TMI).

I just wish I didnt feel like this but I am so convinced I am not pregnant.

Cant remember who asked, but my clinic is private based, we pay for all the treatment, but they did say I could see my GP and ask about gettting referred to an early pregnancy centre but havent a clue where one of those is, so will see what tomorrow brings. So need a bottle of wine right now but better now, so will cuddle my teddy bear instead as feel so down right now.

thank you everybody for your advice xxx
Nicky :xxx3:

1st IUI 21 August :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd IVF March 2010 :BFN:
3rd IVF June 2010 Failed Blastocyst :BFN:
4th IVF Alturistic Donor Eggs, :BFP:

Miscarriage 6 February 2011 at 10 weeks
Baby Billy my angel :tears:

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 5:14pm

Hi girls,

Tishers hope you are ok, Try not to worry. Prob too much info too, but I have bleeding sometimes when doing nmber 2's It may just be that. as others have said. Have you thought of going to your doc and getting a blood test or could that still be the cyst? Don't know much about them. I have the cramping on and off too - that's all normal I think. My scan is also 25th Jan. Let's cross everything to get there together.
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 6:27pm

Tishers - I agree with the others hun. Although it is easier said than done try not to worry. You don't have heavy red blood and I don't think you're in pain are you? If you had that then I would worry. I have had a couple of episodes of brown spotting at 7 weeks, then 9 weeks and I had some pinky discharge last week when, like you, I had a No.2. I have had a couple of chemical pregnancies in the past so know that spotting can be bad as well as good but all I will say is try not to stress. As Cathcat said, could you have a blood test to confirm your pregnancy and check if your levels are increasing? I have never heard of getting false positives before. Where is your cyst? I have PCOS and know that can cause false positives on ovulation kits but it doesn't affect pregnancy tests. Ring your GP and see if they can get you in at a drop in centre to do an early scan. By the sounds of it you're not going to get through the next couple of weeks if you don't sort a scan. I'm sure someone will be able to see you. I'm surprised your private clinic don't do early scans as that is usually the norm for people having fertility treatment. I really do hope everything is OK hun xx

Adreamz - my bras are tight too. I was a 34B but am currently wearing 36C maternity bras but they are starting to feel very tight already both around the back and the cup size. I will definitely be having DH with me when I give birth though he has said he will be standing firmly at my head end as he doesn't think our lovelife would be the same if he saw it crowning LOL :laugh: I have to say I totally agree and don't want him at that end either LOL! I've said he needs to massage my back! xx

Booboo - I think it is normal to be this hungry hun. Everything is extreme isn't it - tired, hunger?

So we have a few of you having scans this week? I shall have everything crossed for you ladies.

Not much to report from me. Feeling quite tired and not as sick as I was at lunchtime. A huge milestone for me tomorrow getting to 12 weeks happydance . DH told me today that he has now told everyone he works with! I haven't yet though. I will announce it next week if my next scan is OK.

Hope you're all having a relaxing, sick free, evening.

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 7:44pm

Tishers, I can't add anything else to what the others have written. But I am thinking of you and praying you are pg and your LO is just snuggling in. :pray:

I don't feel at all pg.

Have had sore boobs and had a bit of sickness in the middle of the night...usually after a toilet stop!

But today, feel normal, no sore boobs, no sickness.

I am 6weeks+5days.

I am really worried that there will be no [zx076]

DH very practical and says that we can't change what will be.

Feel more worried having been on here and seen other people who have had the trauma of going for the scan and no [zx076] found at 8 week scan.

As we conceived natiurally ( miraculously!) we have to wait till 12wks. Think I will be hairless by then :pullhair:

A friend of mine told me off today and said I should be enjoying this time. But I am so worried all the time bigcloud I know I am spoiling it for myself, but finding it hard to relax not knowing if all is ok....

Can anyone offer any reassurance about the lack of symptoms???

:xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

Reg: Mar 22nd 2010

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 8:21pm

Hi Tinyteacher,

I just wanted to say, im now 12wks + 1. I've had no sickness all the way through so far, and only minor nausea, and sore boobs and my scan at 6wks +4days showed up a strong heartbeat according to the nurse so please dont worry.

Im due my 12 week scan on monday 17th and cant wait! ive had every bug you can think of recently, gastrointeritis, followed by a cough and now a cold. Now on the inefficency procedure at work (due to time off sick for IVF) but im just hoping the scan next week will show a healthy baby. Also got my first meeting with my midwife this thursday, which im told will involve blood tests so im kinda nervous but looking forward to that. Least i feel like im actually pregnant, even if i dont have the symptoms.

So please try to relax and look forward to your scan in a few weeks. I wish you all the best.

xx
Mel

x

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 10:03pm

busy on here again

right thishers ring your local hospital explain and see if they will do a scan hun!!!??? i had one with my 1st son due to having car accident i was 7weeks i think!!! they are normally lovely. ive rung mine already to check something this time and they were fab!

mindy pain killer in labour............ right i had 30hr labour with my son and had nothing at all not even gas and air!!!! but you will know at the time how you feel and you dont need to make your mind up till the day!! lol

afm........... i had my midwife appointment today!! took forever but she was fab and is very happy with my idea of home birth this time and is going to have chat with my DH nearer the time as he needs some convincing!! lol so nice to be back in preg ward in hospital but ouch my boobs were throbing at the sound of babies crying!! haha good sign tho xxxx will be getting call about my scan this week or next apparently! wow they sound on the ball, lets see if they are?!

hope everyone else is fine and not too ill, my sickness is kindda easing at bit but im still eating all the time xx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 8:37am

morning all,

tishers hope ya ok

tiny teacher, try not to worry about it, im sure everythings fine!

everyone else, hope youre all doing well

AFM well this morning i got up and fancied a bowl of cereal, ate it, and no sooner had i washed the dish i was running to the loo to throw it all back up again. everytime i have milk, ive brought it back up. this has led me to worry lil currybum is lactose intolerant (bit drastic i know but you know what im like) im debating on ringing the midwife to ask her what she thinks but i thought id maybe mention it on here first before she thinks im a crazy lady!

pain relief, i agree mum i think ill try and go without as much as i can. i dont like the idea of an epidural, ive heard some awful stories about them so if i did have some pain relief it would probably be pethadine.

i feel lousy today :( xxx

bab23

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 10:53am

Hiya ladies

its my last day in here today ;( I'm 13+2 tomorrow so i'll be officially 2nd tri :weehee:

Hoping - u should be following me soon. Happy 12 weeks today :balloons: bet u can't wait until your scan next week.

mindy - poor u hun. you really are having it bad. i feel sicky too but i'm never sick anymore, just dry wretch. funnily enough its milk that settles my tum. i wouldn't worry about your currybum beem lactose intolerant though hun. Lo is not actually drinking the milk, its you that can't keep it down. are u a born worrier like me then? i usually worry myself silly over things too. btw... what bad stories have u heard re the epidural?? my SIL's have said they get back pain after there's but then i've known loads of people not to have probs.

mum - i bow down to you [zx110] 30 hr labout with no pain killers....... [zx052] i don't think i could do that, i'm such a baby. i hate pain :pinch: good to hear your sickness is easing and that i'm not the only one eating all the time.

TT - i'm sure your pregnancy is fine hun. after all conceiving naturally, u will have had one strong spermie and good egg there to cause a pregnancy when u were having trouble conceiving before. alot of people i know didn't get the sickness until week 7-8. not everyone gets its and not everyone who does get it has it straight away. would you not consider paying priavate for a scan if u are impatiant (god i think paying privately for scans is the answer to everything me - i don't get commision honest!!). saying that though i had a scan at 6 and 8 weeks and i still didn't stop worrying until 12 weeks and i still do worry!! we'll worry now and we'll worry about other things when we have them.... thats what been a mama is all about! hope melanie put u at ease anyway hun, and there's loads of lucky ladies who have healthy pregnancies with no sickness or sore boobies (my boobies arn't sore yet either).

tishers - hope ur feeling better after yesterday

AFM - i'm better sickness wise than yesterday. i tried a srir fry cos its healthy for tea last night and i couldn't eat it so had potatoe waffles instead. i'm going to turn into a potatoe at this rate!! i have my scan tomorrow...whoop whoop. looking forward to seeing buba again, hope he/she's on form again wriggling and waving :girl_dance:

x x x x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 11:10am

aw boo boo we will miss u in here :'(

i am a born worrier! and i have this pain below my tummy today too which is making me worry lol. my mam sets me off, she freaks out about every lil twinge i get and demands i rush down to the hospital! lol

i wish we had paid for a private scan.

the stories ive heard about epidurals, not like major bad ones like where people have been paralysed or out but i have 3 examples of the stories i have heard what have put me off.

1. a friend of mine lost all feeling in her legs and couldnt push her baby out, her boyfriend and mam had to hold her legs apart whilst the nurse prised the baby out

2. my SIL said she had a similar experience to that on her first but she also commented that on her first baby, after she'd given birth, she was numb, and the nurses cleaned her up as best they could but she still felt as if she was lying in her own mess, whereas with her second one, she didnt have it and after she gave birth, she put baby down to sleep and was able to walk into a shower, have a nice shower and she said she felt much more refreshed and clean

and finally 3. my best friend had quite a difficult birth and was given an epidural, and she was given this button to press to release the epidural as the pain got more intense (she was in labour for a very long time) and so when it wore off she pressed the button, and the epidural was again released, but this time it made her numb from the neck down, she couldnt feel anything and she couldnt feel herself breathing so she started panicking and so did baby so she was rushed down to have an emergency ceasarian.

i hope i havent put any of you ladies off an epidural though, i think it depends on what works for you. id rather not have one but i might consider it if i cant deal with the pain.

xxxx

bab23

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 11:36am

i think its good to hear different stories so we can decide. obviously there will be horror stories as if u have anything there's always a risk of something happening. the thing about not been able to get up and about afterwards does put me off though. cos i dont want to hang around a hospital been all smelly and dirty and i'd want to be able to handle buba without help. i remember going to see my SIL after she gave birth and u imagine going into a labour ward and it smell of babies and be all lovely but it didn't cos all the ladies had epidurals it just smelt of sweat and a bit groggy! i'd die of embarrasment if my dh's family wanted to come and see buba when and i was sat there all sweaty after a long labour..... :S

defo don't worry about pains ur having mindy. they have a name (i forget!!) and they are you uterus expanding to make more room for baby. your mum should know better than to set u off....lol. she'll only care though and not want you to risk anything and everything to be ok for you. but i've had pains for ages, like pulling and sometimes in my belly button :wacko: as long as your not in agony and bleeding then things are as it should be :thumbsup:

x x x x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 12:09pm

i spoke to my friend about it, who is also pregnant and she said i should ring the midwife after the spotting, so i did and they have whipped me in for a scan on friday. they said it could be absolutely nothing but after the spotting they have to follow up on it. i only really rang them to put my mums mind at rest now shes half panicking half relieved they are gonna look into it lol. the midwife said its too late for it to be an ectopic preg (which we know it isnt anyway from 7 wk scan) but that put her at rest and she said its unlikely theres anything wrong with currybum but they just wanna be thorough, she was really lovely about it i thought all midwifes were battleaxes lol! i know at this week, my uteryus is moving out of my pelvis so it could simply be that but they just wanna check! eeeeebygum i feel like a right hypochondriac lol xxxx

bab23

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 12:59pm

Oh thats great news they are nipping u in for a scan on friday. its good they are been thorough. i bet its absoloutley fine and you'll get to see currybum which will be fab! your not a hypochondriac, just a worried mummy to be, we're all the same in here listing off our ailments.lol

lots fo scans this week then........ x x x x

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:10pm

That's great news, Mindy.

Tiny: Don't worry. My pregnancy book says some ladies don't have any symptoms.

Hi to everyone else.
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 3:13pm

daddy cool is being just that- cool! lol he just said not to stress out about it from now until friday and just to come home tonight and relax.

mam has calmed down- a little bit after me reiterating 7 times what the midwife said about it just being a formality and they have to follow up with me having spotting last week. if you thought i was a worrier you aint seen nothing like my mam! lol.

ive managed to keep food down today yey! and today and yesterday i couldnt get mulligatawny soup out of my head, i had it for my tea last night and i think im gonna have it tonight too. maybe currybum likes curry soup lol!

xxx

bab23

Bug79

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Children: 2 DS born 2004 and 2011

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 4:14pm

Hi Tishers

I too have had small brown, red, pink discharge after being for number 2. Turns out i have cervial erosion and any straining that you may do on the toilet can set this off. Maybe this is the same for you? It has nothing to do with the baby and will not cause LO any harm. Or course all bleeding is scary and i still check the toilet paper every time i have been to the toilet.

All the best
Bug

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 4:46pm

hi everyone hope your all well xxx

i have date for my 12 wk scan, 31st jan (i be 12 wks 6 days) but that is only bit late because i couldnt do the other day they wanted me to come in! ops. they are all lovely so far! midwife, receptionist ect.... lets hope this continues! im sooooooooo excited got my free bounty pack and emma's diary one today!! i love free stuff, even got tiny nappy!!! ahhhhh how cute. my son wants to know how he came out my tummy and how the baby comes out!! difficult conversation to have with 5yr old! but he now things i pee'd him out and is worried the baby will go down the toliet!! hahahaha bless him
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 4:49pm

Hello Ladies,
Booboo, sad you are leaving us :tear: but glad your in the 2nd trimester tomorrow :wave: . let us know how your scan goes.
Mindy, thats great they are scanning you, it is probably just precausionary but will help put your mind at rest!!
Mum82, I had my midwife appointment today, I'm glad yours went well, was a little nervous about getting the bounty pack, but I love free things too so think I shall pop into sainsburies and get it. Mine was great too. (think she is a little scatty so will check she is doing everything right but on the whole she seems lovely) She has booked me in for my 12 and 20week scan at the hospital I'm having my treatment at but this is not whre I want to have the baby as they only have a midwfie lead service, but she said I can swap at 20weeks and they are much better there for the first scans. I decided to go for the nucal scan, then we can choose what to do with the result. Because of my perios I should get my 12week scan at 11weeks so that in 3 weeks time (hopefully) I am wondering whether to tell people after tomorrows scan though. What do poeple think, I'm scared of jinxing it!!
Tinyteacher, try not to worry about no symptoms, as the others have said you could be a lucky one who doesn't have any!!
Hoping, congratulations on getting to 12weeks, I hope that both you and Booboo can find some peace in this and really start enjoying th pregnancy!! happydance
AFM- the nausea is worse and I vomited for the first time today :puke: (wont be eating pineapple again :-( ), and I'm, still finding drinking astruggle!! burst into tears this morning because I just haven't got any energy or motivation to do anything but i have so much to do. Felt a little better after the midwife but the nausea is so grinding!!! I'm so looking forward to seeing baby tomorrow though, its the only thing that is really keeping me going!! Don't think it helps that DH is going away on sunday and I'm going to have to stay at home on my own feeling like this. My mums invited me to hers but she has the heating on so high and at the moment I cant even cope with the heating on for a few hours, and I have to have the window open all night (poor DH freezes) Sorry I'm grumbling, just needed to get it off my chest.

I hope everyone else has had a good day.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 6:33pm

Tinyteacher - you're probably one of the lucky ones who won't get symptoms. Believe me you don't want the morning sickness - it wears you down and makes you feel lousy! My friend, who has PCOS, didn't find out she was pregnant until she was 6 months (she never had periods so didn't suspect) and she had no pg signs - hence not discovering it until 6 months!! Everyone is different so try not to worry. It's probably cos in this thread quite a few of us are suffering with sickness so natural to worry if you're not experiencing it. xx

Mindy - great you're having a scan on Friday. I'm sure everything will be fine, especially as you keep being sick. It's your LO reassuring you that he/she is still there ;) xx

Booboo and Adreamz - good luck for your scans tomorrow. Booboo - make sure you post in here and let us know how you got on. Great you're moving over to the 2nd trimester. I hope to join you next weekend all being well! xx

I've not been put off by epidurals so that is still my preference if gas and air doesn't help. I know more stories of women who had it and didn't have problems than those who did. My friend wanted a natural birth but half way through she couldn't take the pain anymore and asked for epidural but it was too late and she end up tearing down there she was in that much stress and had a traumatic birth. There will be positive and negative stories for both sides. My pain threshold is rubbish though so I'm all for as much pain relief as possible lol!!

Adreamz - I'm like you with having the heating off. I feel so hot and stuffy at the moment. On the train this morning I was itching to open a window but it was peeing down and I don't think the other passengers would've wanted it open but I needed some fresh air. It doesn't help the sickness either.

Mum82 - great you have a scan date through. Cute that your 5 year old thinks you pee out babies, if only it was as simple as that lol xx

Well I haven't thrown up since Monday evening. I have felt a bit queasy the past couple of days but not that bad. The sickness only comes if I am really hungry so I just eat. I'm still picky with my food and am really loving chips. Like Booboo I think I may turn into a potato LOL!

Yay so I'm 12 weeks today - woohoo! I can't wait for Monday when we have our next scan. I just want to see our LO again.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 7:34am

Well it's official ladies, as of today I can no longer fasten my size 12 work pants!! I had them on last week and could fasten them if I wanted to but it was tight. Today I put them on and there is no way I can fasten them! I think I need to invest in some maternity pants. May nip to Next at lunch.

If old wives tales are true I think I am having a girl because I am filling out everywhere! I was always slim on the sides (apart from my hips!) but I'm starting to get love handles!

I really want to get back into exercise. I use to do lots of walking before treatment (several miles a week). I've arranged to go for a 2 mile walk this weekend with a friend so gonna ease myself back into it. I live in a hilly area though so hard to find a route that doesn't involve a steep climb lol!

Good luck to those having scans today. Can't wait to hear how your LO's are getting on. Hope they wave for the camera LOL!

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 8:37am

morning!

good luck boo boo and adreamz for your scan!

hoping, im in maternity pants already! i find them more comfy. i wear leggings alot too.

my pain hasnt gone it feels worse today but im trying not to worry, i feel totally lousy and wish i could have stayed in bed this morning! im at college again tonight too until 9 :( i fell asleep on the settee at 8pm last night so have had well over 10 hours sleep i have no right to feel tired really but i cant help it. its amazing how drained it makes you feel!

xxxx

bab23

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 8:41am

I am just peeking my head in here as it feels very strange newshy

Desperately looking for symptoms but just a bit icky

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 8:43am

Welcome Ali Bird!

congrats on your BFP!

xxx

bab23

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 9:26am

Hello all.
Our scan went well. LO is 21mm I saw the heart beat and LO even waved at us. Got another photo for the album. So happy, makes all this nausea seem worth it!! Size fits with my estimated 8 weeks +5 days. :-)
Congratulations Ali bird.
Mindy your scans tomorrow so try and relax till then. I'm needing loads of sleep too and find it hard when I have to fo my long shifts. Does the fatigue go after 12weeks?
Hoping well done for fitting into your trousers till 12 weeks!! I have to say I find leggings most comfy and I haven't done my work trousers up since November as they were tight and I read somewhere that tight clothes could effect fertility! My mum says I have filled our a but I suspect I shall fill out more in the next 3 weeks!
Good luck with your scan booboo.
Has anyone heard from rocky as she hadn't posted for a while. I hope everything is ok.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 2:30pm

Congrats Adreamz! Was that your first scan? I lose track of where people are up to sorry. The sickness is definitely worth it isn't it when you see that your LO is growing well? xx

Mindy and Mim - good luck for your scans tomorrow. Will be thinking of you both x

Welcome Ali Bird and congrats on your BFP xx

Booboo - any news?! xx

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 2:39pm

how is everyone feeling this afternoon?

i feel dreadful! i feel like i have partied for 3 weeks non stop and am now suffering from a major hangover! urgh its awful!

cant wait until tomorrow so we can put our mind at rest.

i think because im feeling so awful i dont have much pma :(

still, this time tomorrow i will know either way!

xx

bab23

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 3:12pm

Hello my lovelies

had scan this morning and all was perfect with buba lurve now measuring at 7.4cm and that actually puts us at 13 weeks and 3 days (so one day ahead of what we were told last week). so all them carbs i've been eating must have been doing the trick. also i was told because its an IVF pregnancy there is a new policy in that means i have not only a 20 weeks scan but one at 28, 36 and 40 weeks to keep on eye on the LO. something to do with low birth weights in IVF babies. so you other IVF ladies should get the same. : D i must say though the scan today was very quick compared to the one we payed for private last week. so last weeks scan was well worth the money. we're booking another one for 17 weeks as we should be able to see the sex of the baby then. my buba will have LOADS of piccies by the time he/she's born....what a poser!! lol

i also had a word with the doc who said my diet is fine even though i'm craving lots of carbs and that buba will get what he/she needs and if my body wants food to have it..... sorted!!

as for maternity trousers, i've not been in my jeans for a while now, not even my boyfriend style ones. i too have been living in leggings (i have a range of colours now...lol). so i'm off shopping this week and investing in maternity jeans too. cos leggings are ok if i'm wearing long tops but if i want to waer short jumpers i need jeans (no one wants to see my wobbly bum anymore :snigger: )

adreamz - really glad your scan went well today hun. huge congrats. isn't it great having a collection of pics of your baby already :thumbsup:

hoping - i sound like u hun with the walking. i used to go for a dog walk every night for an hour and then more on a weekend but i've not been so good at it lately (poor dh has to walk daisy on his own most nights). so i too am trying to get myself back into it. its good for us to keep fit in preparation for labour. good luck for next monday with your scan and see you in 2nd tri soon.

mindy - hope your scan goes well tomorrow hun. i'll pop over and see how u are going. try not to worry though hun, i'm sure your pain is unrelated and hopefully u'll get to the bottom if it. good luck :goodluck:

well i guess its goodbye from me as i join the 2nd tri chatter. i'll still pop by to keep and eye out how your all doing. i'll keep ya seat warm over there.......

thanks for all your support this past 8 weeks or so ladies

mmmmwaaahhh :xxx3: starsmile :xxx3:

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 5:26pm

Hey everyone! :hello:

Welcome Ali, congrats on your BFP! :D I know how you feel, I just dipped my toe in at first!

Agree with the tiredness, I am so tired its unreal! Been in bed before ten the last two nites, and when I get home from work I could sleep again! I just flake on the sofa! zzzz

Well done on the scan Boo boo! Hope to see you soon in 3rd Tri blowkiss I hope that what you said about extra scans for IVF doesn't just apply to your PCT and applies to all of them!!! I would love that extra comfort!

Well, my work trousers haven't fit properly since after the christmas break, I have to thread a hair bobble thru the buttons! They are so uncomfortable so might get DF to buy me some maternity trousers this weekend!

Not felt too bad today. the sickness has eased off, but everytime I smell something I don't like, it turns my stomach over :yuk:

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 7:39pm

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes ladies, I can honestly say that I never thaught I would be back on this side of the forum again.

I too am feeling rough today, it definately wasn't this bad last time. I know I have a long time to go yet but I am plannning on enjoying every second, every icky feeling, every swollen limb, every bit of heartburn and every ache and paint - Bring it on!

Would you believe that just 3 weeks ago I gave away all of my old maternity clothes, early baby clothes and bouncer etc. Oh well, shopping again :eyebrows:

I am dying to tell somebody but we are being on the side on caution and will just be telling parents and siblings until our scan, I am so excited.

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 10:08pm

We have just told the in-laws I really hope they can keep a secret!
Nausea not too bad today then just remembered I hadn't taken my folic acid, yuck now probBky be awake almighty feeling rough!!
Congratulations booboo. I look forward to meeting you in a few weeks.
We had our 12 week appointment through today but I will only be 10 weeks, will call them tomorrow and ask if this is too early!! Otherwise it's in 2 weeks.
Speak tomorrow xxx

United Kingdom

Friday, January 14th 2011, 8:03am

morning ladies

well my scan day is here and im feeling very mixed about it, one of my best friends text me last night to say her friend who was due same time as me has had a m/c (i darent even write the words!) :( it made me feel completely sick. i had spent all day reassuring my mam that everything was going to be ok and i just went to pieces last night!

i woke up this morning and was greeted by my head down the toilet! either currybum was assuring me he/she was ok or they he/she was saying good morning!

roll on 1.45pm! xxx

bab23

United Kingdom

Friday, January 14th 2011, 8:04am

ps adreamz, wow congrats on ya scan date! it is early though ?? i havent even got mine yet :( im 12 weeks on tuesday! midwife said not to worry though, they can scan you between 12 and 14 weeks! xxxxx

bab23

Friday, January 14th 2011, 9:48am

Mindy that was very insensitive of your friend to tell you before your scan, good luck I'll be thinking of you, but head over the toilet is definitely a good sign!!
I was told they scan between 11-13weeks so think I'm going to ask for it to be the following week (as much as I'd love to see lo again don't want them saying I've got to wait another 2 weeks!!) then I will be in week 11. (but 12 by there calculations!!)

United Kingdom

Friday, January 14th 2011, 11:14am

i dont think she meant to be insensitive about it she was just really upset about her friend. bless her heart :)
im starting to calm down a bit as ive been really sickly today, ive just had to nip out for some junk food to curb it a bit lol!

maybe all clinics are different, my midwife told me our clinic scans between 12 and 14 weeks, its so bizarre the different protocols!

its wierd the way the calculate it isnt it? like im 11 weeks and 3 days today but my midwife says im in my 12 week! they go by a gestational period or something!

hope everyones well xxx

bab23

Friday, January 14th 2011, 12:12pm

hi all

hope your scan goes well today mindy xxx

i was told they scan between 11 and 14 weeks!!! so everywhere seems to be different i will be nearly 13 weeks when i have my sacnm on 31st! not long now!!

nearly everyone knownow even the mums at my sons school have figured it out!! haha so nice tho being about to talk about it and be excited with everyone! i got a busy weekend coming up as its my sons birthday sunday and we are spending most of sat in a playcentre with a few freind!! couldnt affort party due to cost of ivf this year but will make up for it next year! xx

hope everyone else is well today! i still feel quite sick but is definately less than a few weeks ago! im think this is just because im not far off 12 weeks now! (under 2weeks to go)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Friday, January 14th 2011, 12:23pm

sounds like a lovely weekend mum!

im working tomorrow and DH is working both tomorrow and sunday :( still, we need all the pennies we can get for currybum coming along! im starting to feel alot more positive as im ill with sickness today so i am taking that as a good sign! if anything was seriously wrong surely i would have lost my symptoms?
xxxx

bab23

United Kingdom

Friday, January 14th 2011, 2:58pm

just to let you all know, weve had our scan and everything looks ok, our lil currybum was dancing all over, the nurse couldnt even take any measurements because he/she was wriggling so much! eventually she measured the CRL and it is measuring perfect for my dates so she just said to keep an eye on the pain and if it persists go and see my gp.

xx

bab23

Friday, January 14th 2011, 4:17pm

thats fab news mindy ibeen in and out all day waiting to see how your scan went xxxxxx

dont worry to much about the pains hun, i been getting lots lately too & DH reminded me had lots with my little boy & all was fine there
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: Logan James born 24-12-2008

Friday, January 14th 2011, 4:20pm

hiya everyone how are we all?

mindy i was tellin dh about the hotel thing u were talkin about at the rvi, thats where we had our little man, and we are booked bk in there for this pregnancy :) great news for your scan great when u see them moving around hope your minds been put at ease a bit

mum im sure ur little boy will have a fab birthday at the play centre with friends i think sometimes we feel they need a party more than they actually do if u no what i mean

adreamz that does sound a bit early for scan maybe to early too date properly so id def enquire about it mayb theyv just made a mistake

congratulations ali i was dying to tell everyone and as have just had my scan everyone knows now lol couldn't help myself!

hello to all the other ladies il try and get on more often and catch up :))

afm...had our scan today 7 wks 2 days it seen 2 perfect little heartbeats...ahhhhhhh! in shock dont think its quiet sunk in yet but also so thrilled! got another scan in 2 weeks at clinic and got first mw appointment on 25th jan , it still doesnt feel real x
1st ICSI- Mar/Apr08 :BFP:
Logan James born 24-12-08 smile2
3rd ICSI December :BFP: :heart: :heart: seen at 7 wks

Friday, January 14th 2011, 5:51pm

Mindy that's great news. How seeing our LO's make all the difference.
Mum82 have a good bday I'm sure your son will love it.
Shadow wow twins congratulations I'm sure you will get use to it!! It's just so exciting!! Double the trouble double the love.
Went swimming this morning but feeling dreadful now, when I feel like this I get so tearful, is anyone else like that?

United Kingdom

Friday, January 14th 2011, 6:18pm

thanks ladies,
congrats shadow!
mum i think im calm now lol!
adreamz im terribly tearful, the slightest things set me off. take it easy with the excercise, ur a baby making machine until at least 13 weeks so you will be more tired than usual!

im cooking tea tonight, spag bol, hope i can eat it, ive wrethced all the way through it all the different smells lol. i was the one that wanted spag bol too :( DH is watching a CRAP film and is winging cos im tapping at the keys so i best go

xxxx

bab23

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, January 14th 2011, 6:25pm

Sorry not been on sooner, was at mums last night for tea and by the time I got home I was shattered. Had a busy day in work today but finally home and DH has been a sweetheart and tided the house for me top to bottom so all I need to do this evening is relax - bliss!

Booboo - great to hear your scan went well hun. Look forward to seeing you again next week in the 2nd trimester thread! xfingers xx

Mindy - glad your scan went OK too hun. Did you manage to get a good pic even though your LO was wriggling about? xx

Shadow - congrats on twins hun! Double trouble lol! xx

Adreamz - I have had tearful moments where I have felt frustrated because I felt so lousy and had no energy to do anything. It has got better as the weeks have gone by, it was worse around 8 weeks xx

Mum - hope you're resting while you're off hun xx

Mim - did you have a scan today? Will pop in your diary to check x

Well my sickness hasn't eased completely yet. I will sudden feel very hungry and then want to heave. Does anyone else get that? I'm LOVING chips!! I can't get enough of them. I had them at lunch and again for tea!! I know it's not the healthiest of options but it's one of the few foods I am enjoying at the moment.

Can't wait for my scan on Monday. I just want to know that my LO is still OK.

Going for a gentle walk tomorrow with a friend as I am putting on weight slowly but surely but I am determined not to become a fat all over pregnant woman!

I've been discussing my maternity leave today with HR and what my options are. I plan to take a full year off and add holidays to either side of it. Roll on June when I can finish LOL!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE