You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 30th 2011

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 1:21pm

Morning Ladies!!
Confused.com you could ask them to scan u earlier but it wouldn't really be the purpose of a dating scan then as at 8 weeks it's really to early for accurate dates! If you want a scan at 8 weeks you could either pay for it privately or you could ask ur EPU but mine wasn't hepful at all even considering my history!! But :goodluck: hun hope u get ur scan soon!!

Congrats Nat123 on ur scan but ruthie is right ur dates are wrong, it's January 29th hun!! xo

Red, so sorry to hear u lost one of ur twins, were u expecting it? was that wee one always not growing well?? So whats happens to that we one will it just be reabsorbed by ur body? sorry for all the questions!! So glad ur other lil one is so strong tho, thats amazing news!! x

Hello to everyone else, hope ur all having a nice relaxing sunday!
AFM: Not much happening with me I have my midwife appt on friday, so hopefully I'll get a date for my 12 week scan not long after I see her!!

2 x baby5 2003 & 2010...never forgotten x
:BFP: 9/5/11 - Henry 20/1/2012...amazing lil man! X

Reg: Apr 11th 2011

Children: 11 year old daughter (IVF)

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 5:34pm

Hi all,
Nat I had some spotting after my last internal scan, scared the life out of us but apparently is quite common so try not to worry.
Red / Bic with my 1st IVF both embryos implanted but one stopped developing at about 8 weeks, I didn't have any bleeding and was told it is reabsorbed. The other is a very special 10yr old girl now!
Think I will have to buy some new clothes this week (if I can force myself into town, soooo tired) my tummy is expanding daily!
PCOS + poor mobility = ISCI April 11

Age 40 so odds against me! :8o:

xxxxx

:BFP: 24th April!!

Baby Lily arrived 16th Dec 2011

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 8:15pm

Thanks ladies, I will give the maternity unit a call tomorrow, I am from Dumfries which is at the bottom of Scotland and myclinic is in Glasgow which is 75 miles away and I doubt my clinic would see me anyway. Will give the MU a call, they probably didn't realise and just thought it was a routine thing xx

How's everyone feeling? My nausea started when i turned 6 weeks and has been getting progressively worse with today being the worstday so far! I haven't moved from my jammies and have struggled to eat my usual tea and toast, I find lying down and sleeping helps make it not as worse but a few times today I thought I was going to have to sprint to to the toilet!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing sunday night xx
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 8:16pm

Red am sorry to hear about your twin
Xxxx :sadface:
Confused.com

Reg: Oct 5th 2009

Children: One beautiful daughter, Daisy Isabella

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 9:34pm

Evening ladies, hope you are all doing well.
I must be out of my mind, I'm doing a distance learning course and have been essay writing for the past few days, brain isn't working properly so everything is taking ages and I haven't finished....groooo. This means I only have the evenings after work to do it, and it's got to be in the post by Thursday. Work is taking a lot out of me these days so don't think this is going to be work of art. Oh well, at least the distraction is taking my mind off counting the days! Plus I've relaxed a bit on symptom watching at least for now!
Red, really sorry that you lost one of the twins, your little one sounds as though he/she is strong and is growing fast.
I have a scan this Wednesday - by which time I'll be 9+2 - this is just to check everything is going as it should - they are taking extra care because of my double uterus. Looking forward to hopefully hearing and seeing that all is well as the time just seems to drag doesn't it?
Still got sickness, but haven't been sick since Thursday and today have felt a bit less queasy. I can't believe it, I've put on 11lbs now - what a fatty! :snigger:
Anyway, hoping you are all ok.
Ruby and Biscuit, hope your wee infection has gone now, if you're thinking about shopping sounds like you might be feeling better.
Ruthie, how are you doing?
Nat, hope you are still taking it easy and all is well.
Confused - hope you get an earlier scan, good luck with the clinic tomorrow.
And love to all of you, Hayley, Red, and everyone whose names have escaped me, eek, brain is asleep! So sorry memory is dreadful and I'm blaming the hormones!
xxx

ICSI Oct 09 :BFN: :sadface:
ICSI Feb 2010 :BFN: :sadface:
ICSI August 2010 :BFN: :sadface:
DE/ICSI in Spain Jan 2011:BFN: :sadface:
DE/ICSI IN Spain April 2011 :BFP: : D

Our beautiful VIP is here!! Daisy Isabella arrived on 30th December 2011

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Monday, June 6th 2011, 11:58am

I'm doing fine thanks Blondy. Just ticking along trying to pretend all is normal until my scan!

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate though with essay writing etc etc.

Hope everyone is doing well. Are there any scans coming up apart from Blondy on Weds and Hayley on Thurs?

xxx

Reg: Dec 16th 2009

Monday, June 6th 2011, 12:50pm

Hi girls

sounds as there is a lot of progress and activity :flowers:

I have not been in for a while as I have been quite ill and nauseaus for a while, but better now. We had our nuchal scan last Friday :rainbow: and baby is now 6 cm and looked like Mr Burns in Simpsons - I am still quite nervous and the sensations/aches/period like mild cramping in the lady related parts are overanalyzed down here... Has anyone had pain in the pelvic bone? Oh well not certain when one can really relax a bit more (12weeks and 4 days today) but starting to think that it might not happen but i just have to deal with it. It is of course worth it but I worry quite a bit I have to admit.

Red - so sorry to hear that you lost one of your little beans, I know you wanted twins so much. Is the other one progressing well? I really hope so xfingers [zx115]

R'nB- do you feel better or infections still prevailing? Hope all is good again!!

I send lots of :xxx3: grouphug
lurve

Hoppfull.

Reg: Sep 11th 2010

Monday, June 6th 2011, 12:54pm

Hi all

Welcome to all the new ones and congratulations!!!

Red sorry to hear about twin 2. But it is good that number 1 is still going strong!

I haven't been much on here as I have been unwell. Had another scan last week and babies hearts were still going strong, however I am not coping too well as I am still not eating well.
The hospital told me to let my work know because I was at higher risk but I didn't feel ready so was really emotional.
In a way it is better as they are helping me a lot with all inconvenience of my work and at least they won't question if I am unwell as they know I have a valid reason. But I would have preferred sharing it with someone closer than my boss!

Anyway sooo tired and nauseaus. Hopefully not long long until it goes away.

I hope you are all keeping well

xxx
Namea

TTC since August 2008
Me (33): low AMH
DH (35): low [zx151] motility
Started IUI in October 2010
1st IUI didn't take. 2nd IUI abandoned cycle.
April 2011 IVF/ICSI :BFP:
[zx076] [zx076] seen on 18/05/11 xfingers
28/06/11 twins are growing well
bab21 and bab22

Reg: Aug 3rd 2009

Tuesday, June 7th 2011, 6:05pm

hey! its so busy here!

Ive not been on much at all for a while as I started bleeding about 10 days ago, turns out i have a subchorional bleed as a result of all the drugs I have to take to stay pregnant. Have had a couple of scans now and baby is fine but I'm nervous all the time. Another scan thursday and i will be 9 weeks, Maybe i can relax a little after that.

does anyone have a doppler? and how early did it work?

Red- im really sorry about twin 2.

namea- I totally understand about telling work, i had to because they paid me for my time off for the ivf so they have been great about all my appointments and so on.can you talk to someone closer at work and get some advice from them?

hoppfull-good news about your scan, lol at mr burns!

confused- i hope that you get/got a scan i know its so tough to wait so long!

bic501- Good luck at your midwife on friday

sorry if ive missed anyone hope you're all well!
TTC since 05. 2 mc, 1 nat 1 IVF. Diagnosed with APS.IVF apr 11 :BFP: Fletcher was born xmas day '11!

Reg: Dec 16th 2009

Tuesday, June 7th 2011, 8:32pm

kayleigh: i had a doppler (checked babys heartbeat, my heartbeat and blood flow in and out of uterus) but that was the nucchal scan - no one offered it to me before? perhaps ask for it if you think it would be helpful? [zx127]

namea: hope you feel better soon, ginger infusions/tea helps for me, at least a little.

hope everyone have a nice evening :goodnews:
:xxx3:
lurve

Hoppfull.

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 12:01pm

Hey all,
Namea, sorry to hear you are feeling so rough. Hope you can take it easy and rest, the babys will get all they need from you regardless but you need to look after youself.
Blondy hope your scan goes well today.
Confused did you manage to get a scan booked?
Kayliegh must have been scary with the bleeding, glad all ok.
Hopefull glad you are feeling less sick, gives us all hope!
My infection seems to have cleared up but got a phone call from drs today to say that the antiobiotibs I had probably wouldn't have helped so have to send off another sample to check it has completly gone (would so hate it to come back)
Very tired after two days back at work, got into town today to have hair cut and wanted to look for some new clothes to fit my growing tum but the urge to come home and eat peanut butter and jam on toast was to strong!
Got my booking in midwife apt tomorrow, looking forward to that xxx

xxxxx

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 1:18pm

Hi all
How is everyone doing today? Ruby and Biscuit, glad you are feeling better and that they're keeping a good check on you - fingers crossed the infection has gone.
Kayleigh, hope you are feeling better and getting lots of r and r, and good luck with your scan tomorrow.
Hayley, just one more sleep to go until your scan!
Ruthie, hope all good with you - sun's out here in Devon so hoping the same for you.
Namea, hope you're feeling better, have you tried the travel sickness bands? I bought some but they really hurt one wrist so I chickened out and decided to settle on just feeling sick - the instructions say to remove them immediately if you feel any pain and I'm a wuss anyway.
Hoppful, I laughed at the bit of your message where you said your bubba really look like Mr Burns??!! 6cm is brilliant! I am having all sorts of twinges, stabbing pains, nothing terrifying but I am analysing everything, still on KW, I guess that just goes with the territory though.
Confused.com, Red, Bic, Nat and anyone else I've missed, hope you are all doing well.
Well, we had our scan today and it was such a relief to see the VIP in there, the sonographer said "what a bruiser, 26mm" which is much bigger than the 11m he/she was 13 days ago. Heard the heartbeat again, and had a good blart, it gets us every time. Feeling very sick indeed but haven't been sick since the weekend. My essay is nearly done, finished at 11pm last night as was just too tired to do any more, just got to do some beautifying on it and it will go in the post tomorrow,then I can RELAX! Have been walking around work today beaming, such a relief things are ok so far - am waiting for a call from the clinic to see if they want to scan me again in a fortnight or if they'll wait for the nuchal scan.
Onwards and upwards then! Wishing you all a lovely day :bye:
xxx

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 6:40pm

Hey ladies I hope you are all well and doing okay. Congrats blondy on seeing your wee VIP again it must be such an amazing feeling.

Thanks for asking after me, I have been on the phone to my maternity unit and they won't scan me much earlier, they fed me some crap about cause last time it was ivf and that my clinic had instructed them to scan me early and that they don't normally do it. So the long and short of it is that my first scan is Thursday 23rd June where I will be 9w&3d, am a bit gutted tbh as I just want to make sure there isn't a big black empty uterus in there. Got a letter for midwife to come out on the Sunday after it too.

Nausea is getting the better of me now, before it was bad in the morning and wearing off late afternoon and now it's just 24/7, I am alsO beginning to become even more tired (is that even possible)? Went to tescos today and I now have:

Lemons
Pre-cut/washed fruit
Ice pillows
Lollypops
Crackers
Gingernuts

And I am thinking about buying an anti sickness wrist band - anyone tried them or got any tips to get rid of the nausea? I think the lack of eating is also making me tired.

But if it produces a healthy baby at the end I want it all!!!!!

Love to everyone xxxxx

Ps - Hayley am well jealous!! Good luck hun xxx
Confused.com

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 6:40pm

Ice pillows? Ice lollies!!! Bloody iPhone!! Xx
Confused.com

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 8:19am

:snigger: ice pillows!!! I want some of them!!
Confused, I cannot imagine the worry, however your symptoms sound very good. My sonographer yesterday asked me about symptoms before the scan started - she said sickness, tiredness, sore boobs, etc are all good signs. I think your body is getting on with nurturing your bubba so try not to worry. It is exasperating when some services are so rigid, I don't think they understand the struggle we go through to get here, and they show no empathy whatsover, jobsworths! Anyway, that's my spleen vented for the day.
I was sick sick sick last night, the most violent so far - the plus side was it involved choc profiteroles which were my weakness but I'm not sure I will face them ever again - this could help considerably with my weight issues at the moment!!
Anyway, have a good day everyone xxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 8:22am

Not just me then - I sicked up carrots and humus yesterday.........nice!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 8:34am

Hayley, that's making me hungry.....
Fish finger sandwiches and cadbury's dairy milk were also involved in my case!! And I wonder why I was sick???!!
Good luck with your scan today xxx

Reg: Mar 31st 2011

Children: Two miracle princesses

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 10:34am

Hi everyone, can I join please? Bit nervous writing in this section in case it doesn't all go to plan but I got my :BFP: yesterday and am now 21dpo. I am soooooooooo nervous, I can't help but worry about the bad things that could happen - I think everyone must feel the same but anyone have any good tips on how to chill out a bit?! Also, I am starting to worry that the test wasn't right and in actual fact I'm not pregnant at all! Did most of you test again after otd or just leave it? Also, been to my gp this morning to tell her the good news and I asked about getting set up with the midwife - she said to wait til I've had my scan at the clinic before contacting the midwife - is this what you all did or did you contact them straight away? So many questions! 3 weeks til my scan - hope it goes quickly!!

Hope everyone has a good day :)

1st ICSI May 2011 - :BFP:

Scan on 29th June - [zx076] [zx076]

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 11:02am

I could do with some ice pillows, get so bloody hot at night!
Woke up this morning and didn't feel sick, strange. Got back from school run and had chocolate spread on toast, also strange as had gone off chocolate. OK now Im worried, but am 11 weeks tomorow maybe it's just run it's course?
Sorry to hear about all the vomiting, hope you both feel better today, Hayley good luck with your scan.

Blondy, great news about your little one xx

Lou I did 5 tests over the 1st week before I believed it but at 20dpo I think it's pretty certian, big congrats! I waited until I'd had two scans (clinic did 1st at 6 weeks and wanted to repeat it at 7 weeks) before going to my GP but these things do take a long time and only have my booking apt with midwife today which I feel is quite late really.
No still dont feel sick, weird.

xxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ruby and biscuit" (Jun 9th 2011, 11:05am)

Rachael*

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 22nd 2010

Children: Two boys & One girl :)

What's Up?
Keep growing little baby :pray:
Mummy & Daddy love you xx

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 2:30pm

Hi ladies
Can i also join? still very scared to post in here, as its very early days. I had a blood test on Tuesday when i was 5wks& 2days and the result was 5961 which according to my doc is high, ive googled the levels and they seem normal to me. Any ideas ?
My doctor has booked me in to see the midwife next Thursday.
My clinic make you test one week after ODT which is tomorrow, they wont give me a scan date till then which i think is so bloody stupid, as ive tested 8 times with three different brands & they are all BFPs!!
Hope everyone is having a good day & not feeling too sick xx
starsmile Rachael's Diary

FET August 2014 = :BFP: bab10

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 10:40pm

Its twins!
3 X ICSI

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 10:42pm

WOWEE!!! That's fantastic!!! Congratulations hun, you must be so chuffed! So did you have 2 embryos put back? xx

United Kingdom

Friday, June 10th 2011, 5:30am

Hey Lou,

Yes I did - two four cells! I only got three eggs in the first place! It's a miracle x
3 X ICSI

Friday, June 10th 2011, 7:24am

Really?! That's great! Did you suspect that it might be twins? Will you get another scan before the 12 week one or not? I have bought a couple more tests to do - gonna do one this morning but I was up at 3am needing the toilet so it might not be as concentrated now. I just still can't believe I'm pregnant! DP said no more testing after these 2 are done but I need reasurrance that I've not just imagined it all!

United Kingdom

Friday, June 10th 2011, 7:31am

We did have suspicions because the HCG came back so high and I got a positive HPT at 7DP2DT (cannot believe it was that early)! But I have to say, to see it there in front of you on a screen is so amazing!

Testing is a way of reassuring you until your scan - when is it?
3 X ICSI

Friday, June 10th 2011, 7:38am

29th June - just under 3 weeks away, I think I will be 7 weeks 6 days by then! Need to try and block it from my mind so time will hopefully go quicker! Did you get a photo of the scan to keep? Wow - can't believe you tested positive at 7dpt!

Right, I'm going to go and do my test ... for the fifth time :O

United Kingdom

Friday, June 10th 2011, 7:41am

They were lovely and gave me pictures individually and then a group shot! They are wondeful.....! I am trying to put one in my diary so there should be one there soon!

I know it sounds ages away but it isn't really! Keep positive!

hx
3 X ICSI

Friday, June 10th 2011, 8:01am

Fantastic news hayley xxx

xxxxx

Friday, June 10th 2011, 8:07am

Aw, a group shot!! That's so cute! I bet you're on cloud nine!!

Well I have done my test - positive straight away, I need to just take a chill pill and relax now! I'm sure I'll start believeing its really real soon enough - maybe in 8 months time?! xx

Friday, June 10th 2011, 11:10am

Hayley, big congratulations to you and your twins!
Lou and Rachael, congratulations to you both too and a warm welcome!
Hope everyone else ok xxx

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: Blessed with a wee girl on 12.03.10 and a boy on 30.01.12.....perfection

Friday, June 10th 2011, 11:58am

Hayley big congrats xxxxxx. So happy for you xx
Natalie

1ST ICSI/PGD - JUNE 2009 = :BFP:

2nd ICSI/PGD - MAY 2011 = :BFP:

Friday, June 10th 2011, 2:25pm

Hayley, thats brill news, join the club with me & Namea!! woo hoo so pleased for u hun!!
Welcome to the newcomers and big congrats on ur pregnancies!!
I must be the only one on here not sick, I feel nauseous and weak if I don't eat and thats the only time!! Had my booking in appt with midwife today, she was really nice! So hopefully I'll get my 12 week scan date soon, the waiting is killing me!!
Blondy so gald ur scan went well and ur wee VIP is doing good in there!!
Hope every1 else is good!! [zx127]

Reg: Jan 28th 2011

Friday, June 10th 2011, 2:39pm

Hi All, finally found some time to catch up and its got busy again!

First of all congrats Hayley!!!

Bic - youre the same as me, I feel fine now as long as I eat small and often, feeling much better at 11 weeks.
Just waiting on my midwife appt and 12 week scan like you, cant wait as we said we'd start telling people
at 12 weeks!

Namea - hang on ihn there, a friend of mine is having twins and says her sickness is dreadful as there's two.
I found when I was feelin really rough at 6-8 weeks that sharp fruit, like grapefruit and granny smiths cut through it and
meant you could nibble rather than waste a hot meal.

Welcome Rachel and Lou congrats on your BFP's.

Blondy - glad your scan went well and you have a 'bruiser' on board too.

Ruby & BIscuit - what did the midwife cover with you?

Hoppfull = good to hear from you and that all is going well. Yeah disappointed about the twin thing, but thats nature for you.
We went in wishing fora BFP, so really cant complain weve got this far when so many havent.

I cant remember who asked, but basically you either bleed a litte or your body absorbs what is left.
Luckily i've had no bleeding, so its just shrinking and will disappear. Had we not been IVF we'd
have got to the 12 week scan and been none the wiser.

Starting to get excited now, planning the nursery. Bought our buggy and the few bits to go with it,
now onto cot hunting.

Hope everyone else is doing well, despite the feeling sick. RED

TTC since Dec 2008

1st cycle ICSI April 2011 - :BFP:

Reg: Apr 19th 2010

Friday, June 10th 2011, 4:20pm

:hello: ladies, hope you are all doing well and managing the sickness and all the other delights that go along with being pg.
Big congrats to all of those who've just got their :BFP: , wishing you all a happy and healthy nine months.
Namea hope you're doing better and the pain, bleeding and sickness has subsided a bit, also hope your DH is being a little bit more understanding :hugs:
Red sorry to hear about your lil one's twin but glad to hear your lil one is doing well.
Kayleigh we have the same EDD of the 12th January and I'm very excited to be starting a New Year with a new baby xfingers of course (just can't quite take things for granted yet).

AFM I had been doing really well up until today as I had been managing to avoid the dreaded morning sickness. Felt a little ropey yesterday and my charming DH asked me when I was actually going to get m/s :puke: . Since then have been feeling really nauseous, headachy and have loads of indigestion. Not actually been sick today but feel as if I've drank a bottle of wine and really hungover, however taking it as a good sign that all is well and the lil monkey is developing as it should and producing all these lovely hormones lol. Anyways managed to slope off from work early and catch up on this week's 'Come dine with me' so can't complain really.
Had my appointment with my GP yesterday to let her know I was pg and get all the bits done for my booking in appointment which will come out in the post. Dying to know the date of my next scan to see if I can wait that long or if we'll sneak in a wee cheeky private one. Left the appointment feeling all pregnant which is a fantastic feeling as I'm sure you'll all agree lurve .
Quick question, has anyone's face became hairer? Luckily I'm quite fair but becoming quite concious of it, especially as DH calls me hairy face, he's a total charmer. Still on meds (clexane and prednisolone) so don't know if that's got anything to do with it or it's just a pg thang!!!
Take care everyone xxx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Children: Blessed with a wee girl on 12.03.10 and a boy on 30.01.12.....perfection

Friday, June 10th 2011, 6:52pm

Hayley big congrats xxxxxx. So happy for you xx
Natalie

Friday, June 10th 2011, 6:57pm

Don't know why my comment posted twice!!! Trying to catch up on my iPhone! Will come on and read updates tonight. It's pretty busy here :) x
Natalie

Reg: May 10th 2009

Children: TTC since 2006

Friday, June 10th 2011, 10:11pm

Congratulations Hayley happydance :party:

Rachel & Lou congratulations :balloons:

Bushbaby - I am on clexane but haven't noticed more hair - My hair and skin is really greasy though.

:hi: to everyone else grouphug

Nat :xxx3:
TTC 2006 - DEIVF Aug 09:BFN:Tube Removal
IVF 1/11 no fertalisation
ICSI 3/11 Aban
ICSI 5/11 :BFP:
Baby Boy born 16/12/11 bab22

Reg: Mar 26th 2011

Children: little girl aged 18 months

Friday, June 10th 2011, 11:14pm

Big congratulation to Bic and Hayley on your twins I'm so pleased for you . Hayley I though I were carring twin when u told us about your hcg levels. Does that mean your due dates in December yipee.x

Well done all the scans girls and welcome to all the new girls and well done on your BFP.

Atm I had a scan on Monday and there is still 3 heartbeats the twins have grown but still a little behind the singleton which showed 8 weeks and 4 days. Twin no1 is 7 and twin 2 is 6.4 . I have another scan on Tuesday so see what happens. My nausea isnt getting any better either but can't believe I'm 9 weeks tomorrow how time fly.x

Saturday, June 11th 2011, 2:39pm

firsttimelucky good luck with ur scan on tuesday, hope ur wee ones continue to grow and remain strong!! :cuddle
Is anyones else sense of smell thru the roof?? I swear I can smell everything and anything good and bad which doesnt help my yucky feelings at times!! lol
Hope everyone else is good!! :thumbsup:

Saturday, June 11th 2011, 5:45pm

firsttimelucky - great news your scan went well for the 3 little ones, are you getting any noticeable bump as a result?

Nat - if the greasiness is annoying, try a medicated shampoo like head & shoulders or something similar,
they are pretty good at stripping oil out and making your hair look normal again. :thumbsup:

Bic - yes I have the same smell issue, we painted upstairs months ago and I am not kidding,
I walk past and its like we painted yesterday. Really disconcerting sens of smell in restaurants and other people's houses,
I picked up a friends Basil plant smell from miles off the other day and thought I was hallucinating, until
we went to her conervatory where she had loads.

Question for everyone - I know its early, but has any given any thought to Moses baskets and thei usefulness? Any
of you who have previous little ones, got any views?

This is next on my list of stuff to get and was wondering what people thought.

RED

TTC since Dec 2008

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 12th 2011, 7:40am

Shaz.....how many embies did you have put back? Triplets is amazing! I hope that your next scans proves they are all doing well.

AFM.....I am fine really. Still extremely tired and sickie at times. Other than that I feel on top of the world. My bump is showing already (especially after eating) and it's wonderful. I have attached a copy of the 'group shot'! It's gorgeous and sunny here today so might go to the zoo with my SD and DH.

Have a wonderful day everyone x
hayley564 has attached the following file:
  • Babies.jpg (24.95 kB - 6 times downloaded - latest: Jun 16th 2011, 6:24am)
3 X ICSI

Sunday, June 12th 2011, 8:43am

Hi Ladies,

It is lovely to see it so busy and lots of great healthy pregnancies coming along well. Hayley, your scan is brill :) You must be on cloud nine! My scan is just under 2 weeks away so maybe I will be joining you with the twins as I am now starting to feel sickie the last couple of mornings now and falling asleep on the couch at night. I think this is a lot earlier than I felt this the last time as I am only 6 weeks just now.

Firsttimelucky, was it a shock to see 3 wee babies? Did you have 2 embys transferred? I havent even thought about any of the embys splitting and becoming a twin. I suppose its pretty rare, congratulations you are truely blessed xxxx

Bic, yes my sense of smell in pregnancy is really annoying! I hated scented candles and flowers (lillys especially) and walking past the butcher counter in the shops make me gag!! I am ok just now but i am expecting it to return...lol

Red, i used a moses basket for my DD. It was good as I kept it in the living room and I bought a wee rocking crib for the bedroom for night time. They dont get long out of either, well my DD didnt. Possibly 4-5 months then I put her in her own cot at night and I bought a fisherprice newborn to toddler chair for her in the livingroom. I found them useful but everyone is different and has different views on them. I thought they were pretty expensive in most shops. I got an izziwotnot moses basket online and it was far cheaper and better quality than most I seen in shops.

Hi to everyone else xxxxxxxx
Natalie

Reg: Jan 27th 2011

Sunday, June 12th 2011, 8:01pm

Ah Hayley, lovely to see that scan photograph!! I bet you're sooo excited.
I just want to get to my scan now and check that things are ok. The only symptom I have is slightly sore boobs and I think my tummy is much harder but don't know whether I'm imagining that.
I kind of want to start feeling sick so that I know something is happening but I'm sure I won't be saying that when I do, ha!!

Lotty
xx
TTC- 4yrs +
1st ivf BFP - may 2011. M/C at 8 wks.
Natural conception - sept 2011. M/C at 8 wks.
2nd ivf - jan 2013 - fingers crossed!

Monday, June 13th 2011, 8:56am

Thank Natalie, I figured they dont last long, but no idea what else I;d use. E bay is hte way forward I think on most things!

Fingers crossed for your scan xfingers

TTC since Dec 2008

United Kingdom

Monday, June 13th 2011, 9:07am

I feel rough............
3 X ICSI

Monday, June 13th 2011, 10:39am

Hey ladies just popping in to say ave had the weekend from hell, ave had some light bleeding and now just some light brown mucus (sorry TMI) been to out of hours doc yesterday who couldn't help me as my crap hospital won't scan me an have phoned the midwives who didn't want to help me either but has grudgingly offered mean scan for tomorrow morning.

I am now petrified that there's something wrong or it's another blighted ovum. (my heart is pounding as I type this...) I suppose in less than 24 hours I will know for sure, if there's a god out there please help me xxxx
Confused.com

United Kingdom

Monday, June 13th 2011, 11:25am

Oh Confused you poor thing - let's hope that it is false alarm and everything is okay x
3 X ICSI

Monday, June 13th 2011, 12:21pm

Hey ladies
Confused, I am so very sorry to hear about your stressful weekend, what a worry, hoping your mind will be put at rest at your scan and that everything is ok, but it must be very stressful waiting. Sending you a big hug :hugs:
Bic, my sense of smell is unbelievable at the moment, my stomach turns at the slightest thing which also doesn't help. My sickness is getting more intense and I'm being sick more frequently. Whenever I brush my teeth I start gagging. This morning I was sick for the first time in a morning, usually it's the evenings, but I'm still gorging away and putting weight on! But still eternally grateful to be feeling these symptoms, still can't believe it, feel so so lucky. Had a difficult night last night, slightly uncomfortable, stretchy and achy feelings, hoping that means that everything is making room for bubba.
So a big hello to everyone, firsttimelucky, hope you are feeling ok and your three bubbas are growing stronger and stronger each day.
Nat, Hayley, Lotty, Red, Ruthie, Ruby and Biscuit, and everyone else (sorry terrible memory today and can only read last 10 posts!) wishing you all a lovely day. xxx

Monday, June 13th 2011, 2:48pm

Hey confused.com, hope you feel better and your scan gets you all sorted out, keeping my fingers crossed for you its all just a bit of movement. [zx127]

Blondy - hope your stretching isnt too painful, mine seems to have subsided a bit, which is lovely. Although I am sooooo tired its crazy.
I am starting to crave afternoon naps! Have you tried different things for your sickness? I know I found at one stage just the smell of food
was enough to make me want to hurl and eating with my nose pinched made a massive difference. :-)

Hope everyone else is doing well.

TTC since Dec 2008

Monday, June 13th 2011, 3:46pm

Hi Red
It is a strange sensation, uncomfortable, like very mild AF twinges. Last night was definitely the worst, still on KW and always so relieved when nothing sinister to report!
I've tried the sickness bands, but they really hurt for some reason, the best seems to be sipping water and when I'm driving (which is almost as bad as teeth cleaning for bringing on the nausea!) sucking boiled sweets seems to do it - I may have no teeth left before long!
Some food smells really set me off but sometimes when I start eating I realise how completely famished I am - so strange! Have had a really big lunch and a pudding so now feeling fine.
Glad to hear that the symptoms subside a bit as time goes on, and you must be excited about your next scan?

Hope everyone's having a good day and Confused, hope you are taking it really easy

xxx

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE