You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Children: a bun in the oven!

Friday, January 7th 2011, 1:07pm

sorry but im on a rant! i am SICK of being told what i should and shouldnt be eating! my MIL is the worst! "when i was pregnant i only ate fruit and vegetables and i ate healthy and blah blah blah"

then in the next breath she talks about how when she was married to DH's dad, all they could afford were eggs and potatoes and so they lived on egg and chips????? deep fried chips might i add! where is the fruit and veg in that meal? and the healthiness?? I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!

she also kindly advised me on xmas eve that i had put weight on! HELLO! im pregnant! oooooo i am so infuriated! so just to give her the proverbial finger, i went and had a large big mac meal for lunch! [zx062]

rant over! xxx

bab23

IVF Nov 2010, 30 eggs, 20 embryos, 6 snow babies and a BFP!!!

MY DIARY - Mindy and Daddy Cool's pregnancy diary!

Help for Heroes Parachute Jump www.bmycharity.com/v2/stevencurry

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, January 7th 2011, 1:31pm

LOL your last post made me laugh Mindy - good on you for having a Big Mac!! My MIL has an issue with weight period, she is like a rake and never eats and always comments how my DH has put on weight (he isn't fat btw) and it really infuriates me. She is so fussy with her food too. I said to DH I hope she doesn't force her eating habits onto our child cos I won't be happy!

Not feeling sick again today, apart from when I start to get quite hungry but when I eat I feel fine. Before I would feel sick constantly, even after eating. Could this be the start of it easing? I hope so!! I read on a pregnancy website that the placenta starts to take over from 11 weeks and the sickness starts to ease so that would be about right.

Have you seen the midwife yet Mindy? I'm sure she will put your mind at rest re the spotting - like you did for me LOL!

Oh and re colouring your hair, my hairdresser said it's rubbish too and an old wives tale. I cancelled an appointment in December but will be getting my hair coloured after 12 weeks. I have highlights, a mixture of brown and blonde.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Friday, January 7th 2011, 1:38pm

just a quick one

hey all im off work for today & weekend now due to bleeding this morning!!! all better now but ive been told to rest!! i cant help the amount i work havent got much choice with the bills i have to pay!! feel bad now BUT i have mortage to pay!!!! what else can i do!? anyway midwife appointment tuesday, cant wait xxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Friday, January 7th 2011, 1:51pm

Mindy that really made me laugh, I was moaning in my head (felt id moabed enough to people without bringing tis up too) this morning about my sister who keeps tellinge what she ate when she was pregnant and to try it, when I say I don't fancy it she says "give it a go" why can't she understand we are all different!!! Glad to hear we all have someone Luke this in our lives!
Mum82 rest rest rest, forget the bills at least till your 12 weeks!!
I've managed to swim 44 lengths today (usually do 50-60) and don't think my dad noticed!! Roll on 4 weeks when I can tell everyone!!
Adreamz :xxx3:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "adreamz" (Jan 7th 2011, 1:52pm)

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, January 7th 2011, 1:52pm

Sorry to hear that Mum82. Maybe the netball you played aggravated your cervix a bit so caused a bleed?! I hope everything is OK and yes take it easy hun. Do you not get paid if you're off sick? I thought we had certain rights when pregnancy related? ?o(

Take care anyway xx

Friday, January 7th 2011, 2:04pm

yes the netball didnt help!! and i do feel bad about it now!!! seemed ok at the time!

i dont think i get paid as ive had lots of time off already last year!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Friday, January 7th 2011, 3:52pm

well ive been to see my midwife and she has put my mind at rest about loads of stuff. re the spotting, if it happens again shes gonna bring my scan forward. at the min im just awaiting a letter from the RVI confirming date and time etc.

we opted out of the combined scan so just having dating and anomaly scan. she said if i wouldnt go on to have part 2 of the tests if they did find something, there was no point in haveing part 1 of the tests and worrying myself silly for the next 6 months!

i got all my bloods taken and she advised me to have the flu jab when im past 12 weeks.

she also told me because im low risk that i can have my baby in the brand new baby boutique hotel at the RVI where i get my own room that i deliver in and stay in and DH can stay with us overnight and we get discharged in the morning! just like a real hotel! lol. im loving that! i was tempted to have a home birth becayse i was worried that they would chuck DH out as soon as i had had lil currybum!

i think she may have persuaded DH onto the idea of not finding out the sex too! yay!

hoping and adreamz- in my emmas diary that i got off the GP it actually comments on what people say to pregnant women on what they should and shouldnt do and eat etc and basically says its a load of b@ll@x! lolol

mum82- sorry to hear about ur bleeding, has it stopped yet? was it very heavy? i googled my spotting to death today and there is a million and one reasons why we can spot, one of the reasons ill mention because i know you had ICSI is that if you had 2 embryos put back and only one took, you can bleed as your body gets rid of the embryo that didnt take! this is called the "vanishing twin" theres also something called "breakthrough bleeding" which can be when your usually due to come on if you werent pregnant and the hormones in your body can induce a "period"

hope everyone else is ok xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bab23

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Friday, January 7th 2011, 4:22pm

Hi everyone,

Not feeling too bad again today - I am slightly sickly at times and my boobs are not that sore anymore. I hope everything is OK!

I wondered if the smell of my wee was down to the pessaries but someone else said they weren't using them. I also have chalky discharge - but again put that down to the pessaries. The only real sympton that I have now is that my stomach is massive - I really don't understand as I'm only coming up to 8 weeks and not over eating at all. I do put on weight easily though but at this rate I'm going to be the size of a house and people might start to notice something too early.

Hope everyone is feeling OK with MS and Mum hope that the spotting stops soon x

Reg: May 7th 2009

Children: Hopefully soon - but count one Tortoiseshell cat!

Friday, January 7th 2011, 6:18pm

Hi All, thought I would join in. I got my BFP on 27 Dec (did two more tests over the next two mornings just to make sure!). Been feeling ok, a lot of period style cramping during 2ww and after BFP but that has eased off now and have quite a bit of cramping on and of but not severe. Feel very tight and heavy in lower abdomen as well. Assume this is all normal. What I am concerned about is today when I wiped before going to the loo (ritual I do everytime since BFP!) X( noticed clear discharge with blood tinges in it reminded me of cotton streaks the way it looked, not all the time but it was on a few wipes, nothing in pants (now wearing towel). Went food shopping, felt like flooding in pants and period coming, got home nothing but then wiped a bit later and more clear discharge only with what looked like brown or greenish discharge in it? I'm just totally confused now, clinic said try not to worry as not blood drops or flooding an dnot in pain or anything. I wont annoy you by saying I havent had morning sicknes (yet) but have gone off food quite a bit and thats not normal for me! Hope everybody had a good Christmas and New Year! :cuddle
Nicky :xxx3:

1st IUI 21 August :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd IVF March 2010 :BFN:
3rd IVF June 2010 Failed Blastocyst :BFN:
4th IVF Alturistic Donor Eggs, :BFP:

Miscarriage 6 February 2011 at 10 weeks
Baby Billy my angel :tears:

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: Two the way!

Friday, January 7th 2011, 6:49pm

Hi Ladies, sorry I can't do personals again as i'm on my phone, my stupid laptop is broken! Just a quick update, I saw the consultant today (because of twins and DH'S aunt being a midwife) and she scanned me again, my 1st tummy scan. Anyway everything is still as it should be and we even got to listen to the heartbeats, it was amazing. She said she would scan me every week if I wanted but I think that maybe too much. So I have my last scan at the clinic on the 18 and another with the consultant on the 25. I'm very lucky, thank you auntie san! Hope you all have a lovely evening xxx
[zx076] [zx076] seen at 6w5d scan
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN
2nd IVF with ICSI SEP 2009 - BFN
3rd IVF with ICSI Dec 2010 - :BFP:
2008 - 6 x cycles of clomid all BFN

Friday, January 7th 2011, 8:26pm

Welcome tishers, congrats on your BFP. Try not to worry about the spotting and just rest loads.
Ellabella wow you are lucky, wish I could have a scan every week!! Could they see much in a tummy scan at 7weeks? I think my scan next thurs is internal, I hope it does cause any problems these scans.
Rocky, I'm glad your sickness has come back slightly, some people don't get any symptoms (my neighbour had no sickness at all)
Afm have had a very restful day but now I'm not looking forward to my 12 hour shift tomorrow. It's hard to hide my symptoms. I'll let you know how I get on. Hope you all have had a good day.

Friday, January 7th 2011, 11:22pm

hi all

im feeling better all thanks, although am suffering really bad with back pain!!?? finding it hard to get up even!! :( i had back operation last june had 2 prolapsed discs now have screws and stuff in there!!! and havent had any problems since untill now!! so am a bit worried now! willtalk to my midwife tue and then may ring consultant and ask for some advise!!

hope everyone is well,

tishers hi hun nice to see you over here! hope ur feeling better now!

rocky my sickness has got better last few days too but it is still there a bit so im thinking its just wearing off a bit as i am 9 1/2 weeks now!!

adreamz hope the 12hr shift isnt too bad

ellabella wow a tummy scan that early??!! did you see alot? i had to have internal scan at 8 weeks!

mindy wow that hospital sounds lovely shame i havent got one in my area!!! i would like a home birth!! but havent seen the midwife yet so not sure what they will say about it and still got to convince my DH
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 7:04am

Glad you're feeling better Mum, despite the back pain. Take it easy xx

Shelbie - good luck for your scan today hun xx

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 7:59am

Thanks Mindy for the advice about hair colouring, you've confirmed what I had suspected, but it's nice to hear it from someone who knows. x

Mum82, get your other half to give you a well deserved back massage! Hope the consultant can help. x

Ella Bella - Great news re; your successful scan, are you starting to come to terms with twins??! Lucky you x

Tishers - :snigger: I do the same as you every time I go to the loo! :balloons: on your :BFP: . I have had exactly the same pains as you, and have read on here that lots of other pg ladies have had the same. All I can imagine is it is the womb stretching and moving to accomodate your LO, which makes sense really. Also, it seems that lots of other ladies have had varying types of spotting and have continued through their pregnancies without further problems. I also went off my food to begin with...but am ok now!!!!

Adreamz - hope the 12 hour shift flew by! Poor you :hugs:

I've got 1st midwife appt. on thur. Anyone got any questions for me, that I should be asking at the first appt.????????

:thanx: :xxx3:
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 1:30pm

:hello: Everyone!

The scan was excellent, as you can see from my avatar pic, we saw one perfect little coffee bean and got a lovely little pic! Measuring right for dates, dated at 6 weeks 4 days, and we also got to see a little heartbeat flickering away! Am so happy, you would not believe! Dr. Adeghe and his team are all starsmile 's!!! They even said I could pop in anytime so they can see how I am doing, and not to make an apt, they said they love to see bumps!!! lurve Got a letter to give to my doc which says I've had a scan and everything so will try to book in next week sometime biggrin2

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 4:56pm

Hi everyone,

Well the sickness is definitely back today. Have been feeling awful all day but still no vommiting. The hardest thing is not fancying any foods. I can eat small amounts but getreally full quickly and would just rather not have to eat when I feel like this. Not done much today except lounge around feeling sorry for myself - must get out and get some fresh air tomorrow.

Ellabella you are so lucky that you have someone willing to scan you so often. Great the your scan was OK again.

Wecome Tishers and congrats on your BFP. Try not to worry too much about the spotting - lots of ladies seem to get it and it doesn't always mean there's a problem.

Well, hope everyone is having a god day and not feeling too ill x

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 3:10pm

Well the shift was terrible!! X( There was only 2 of us on and it was so busy. I let the manager know that I had hurt my back so couldn't do any heavy lifting and she sent some help but I didn't even get a break!! I had to run to the office if i wanted to throw something down my throat!!!
Oh well 2 night shifts to go then I've got a little time off before my next one!!

Rocky, I'm glad you are happier now the MS has come back :puke: (aren't we crazy people!!). My syptoms were less this morning and you cant help but worry a little (DH tells me off mind) but you really cant help it!! I'm hoping that its just nausea that I will get and not vomiting, dont fancy having my head down the toilet all day!!

Shelbie great scan photo :thumbsup: and very lucky you can jsut pop in whenever you want another, I cant wait for mine on thursday.

Mum 82, yopur back may be your bodies way of telling you to slow down a bit. :faint: These people that say they never notice any changes are lucky, I'm so tired all the time that swimming once a week is all I'm going to manage for a very long time!! (I use to exercise 5 times a week!!)

I watched dirty dancing last night and was in floods of tears :bawl: , I have watched it so many times in my life and never NEVER cried, I've become a wus!!

Anyway I hope you are all having a very relaxing sunday. xxx

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 4:22pm

Hi everyone,

Well I've been and bought some of those sea band sickness things today. It's hard to tell whether they work - I think I feel a little better but am still feeling rough.

Adreamz - how awful for your shift. You poor thing not getting a break. This is why it's difficult not telling people yet when we're feeling so ill. But really you must make sure that you get a break somehow as it won't be doing you any good - I believe it can make the nausea worse if you get too tired - and I know for myself - I couldn't cope with it getting any worse!!

Have my midwife appointment on Friday. Not sure what excuse to give to work yet. They usually ask for a letter or appointment card as proof when we ask for time off but of course I don't have one - and won't be telling them what the appointment is for. Been told it will take about 1 hour. Do I need to take anything with me?

Hope you're all relaxing and not feeling too ill x

Monday, January 10th 2011, 1:35am

Rocky: Just be prepared with any family medical history on both sides. I completely forgot some of the mine so I'm going to tell her this week (if she turns up).
Nausea not too bad so far tonight. Will try to get a sleep in soon!!

United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 8:22am

good morning!

well i havent taken any anti sickness tablets over the weekend and i managed to keep all my food down! still dry wrteching and feeling sick but at least im not being sick! of course couple that with the spotting, the fact that my boobs arent really that sore and my bump hasnt grown much, im beginning to worry if ive lost my pregnancy symptoms! im going from one extreme to the other lol! :S

we went to my BIL house on saturday night to watch the match and they already have kids so we were asking loads of questions about having children and they are getting married next year so hey were asking us advice on stuff, it was quite a nice evening until we got home and i realised DH had had far too much to drink and i just completely erupted shouting about how would he be of any use to me if something was to happen to me during the night (i.e the spotting etc) and i had to go to hospital etc etc! it was absolutely pointless shouting like as he was too drunk to comprehend what i was saying so i sat up all night crying for no apparent reason, i literally couldnt stop crying which is so not like me! yesterday morning i sat down with him and told him how i feel and we have a few weddings and parties coming up just before im due so ive kicked him into touch about getting drunk just incase i go into labour or anything! i dont think he had realised it until i pointed it out so he is kicked into touch now! :D

i have also won the arguement on whether to find out what we are having! i want a surprise and he wanted to find out but after speaking to different family members and our midwife on friday we have decided to not find out. it will be so exciting when im giving birth!

i shall be doing some research tonight in the form of watching one born every minute! im determined to prepare myself for every single thing that can go wrong during labour! lol

hope everyone else is ok! anybody scanning this week? xxxx

bab23

Monday, January 10th 2011, 11:01am

mindy 100% agree hun with your 1st it is great to have a surprise!! i didnt find out myself for my 1st one and after 30hrs of labour it was so nice to have that surprise!! we will be finding out this time as i promised my DH if i ever had aother he could find out and my son really want to now 2!!

so as for me just got back from doctors and ive been signed off for 2weeks!!!!! due to my back im not happy at all but totally agree with the doctor! she said the hormones in pregnacy making everthing lax so going to take longer to heal. & she said if i dont get it sorted now it will only get worse when i get bigger in later pregnacy!!!

hope everyone is ok??? xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Monday, January 10th 2011, 11:10am

Morning ladies

Hope you've all had nice relaxing weekends. I've not done alot really. i packed away all my size 8 and 10 skinny jeans though and put them in the loft for after the baby cos they are so no good for me now. the thought of putting jeans on at the mo is just a no no! my sickness seems to be easing off too....might be cos i've been at home and not at work so i can take my pick of eating what and when i like but i hope it means its easing off now.

i think i'm staying in here until thursday anyway when i'll be 13+2 (officially 2nd trimester). then i'll go over to the 2nd tri and keep a few seats warm for you all :thumbsup:

i have my NHS scan on thursday that i'm looking forward to....then its a long wait til the 20 week scan.

Mindy - aw hun, getting all upset. sounds like you pregnancy hormones are well and truly in motion. i'm the same hun, never usually cry but things do upset me alot lately, more than usual anyway. but i totally understand your point with dh and drinking! i had a huge argument on bank hol monday after xmas with my dh for been drunk....and he had to inject me (i'm on gestone injections) so i ended up injecting myself so i was so upset with him. my dh and learnt his lesson too though so glad you have yours whipped into shape...lol. bloody men eh! i'm sure your symptoms easing off is just because your pregnancy is getting past that stage though. it is the time your hormones will be levelling off and your should start to feel less sick and alot better than previous. have u not got a date for your scan yet?

adreamz - poor you not having a break at work. i don't think i'd physically manage. i take my hat off to you girl. [zx052] i see your pregnancy hormones are raging too getting u all upset over dirty dancing..lol.

rocky - hope u get an excuse sorted hun for your midwife apt. can't u just say its a GP apt and ask the docs surgery to give u an apt card saying that and explain why you don't want work knowing yet. your entitled to go to all ante-natel apts by law.....but its a funny one when they don't know yet. hope the sickness bands work, i was unsure about mine too and they are so tight i ended up giving up on them

shelbie - congrats on scan hun. very beutiful LO you have there.

Ellabella - how lovely you can be scanned all the time!! oh i'd be there every day...lol.

Mum - 2 weeks off work is better than things getting worse hun. hope u feel better soon. just take it easy and relax....no more basket ball for you missus! at least you made an effort to get fit though, i've been way too lazy lately.

Hiya to tinyteacher, Hoping and anyone else i've missed.

oooh on talk of finding out....i'm soooo unsure. i want to find out cos then i can buy things depending on what it is. like there's buggy's i'd like for a girl and a different one for a boy or i'd get a sleigh cot bed for a girl but not a boy cos the beds look a bit girlie! but then the suprise would be just great. plus we want a 3D scan at 24 weeks plus so would we see what it is! hmmmm big decision!

x x x x

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 11:27am

hi Boo Boo, no date for scan as yet.

Mum- its better off if u take it easy, it will only make u worse

wish this day would hurry up and end, im shattered already! xxx

bab23

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:49pm

Shelbie - glad your scan went OK hun. It's amazing isn't it seeing it on screen? xx

Mum82 - have some well earned rest over the next 2 weeks xx

Mindy - I have had a day of sobbing too hun, on Xmas eve when I felt DH hadn't cleaned the house to my standard (I felt too sick and tired to do it and was frustrated because I didn't have the energy to do it) - very silly and over the top but it's our hormones hun xx

Booboo - woohoo to almost being in the 2nd trimester!! Hopefully I will be over there at the back end of next week xx

Hi to everyone else :hi: , hope you're all OK and enjoying the few moments your sickness eases lol x

AFM - I finally received our letter confirming our booking in apt at the hospital. However, I have rang them this morning to ask if I will have a scan then too and she said no(!), they schedule that when we're there!! How annoying. I'll be almost 13 weeks then and I'm itching to tell everyone but daren't until we have had this next scan. I don't understand why they can't do it all in the one appointment as they will be doing bloods and urine samples then. DH is going straight to a conference in London after the appointment (which is on Tuesday 18th btw) so we wouldn't want a scan until at least Friday 21st when he is back as he wants to be there for it. I hate this waiting lark. As you can tell I am very impatient LOL! We had private treatment for IVF and have been a bit spoilt really as we were seen straight away and always kept well informed. You get what you pay for I suppose. I'm even debating to do what you did Booboo and book a private scan but not sure who I would contact. Not sure my IVF clinic would do a 12 week one for me.

I thought my sickness was finally starting to ease last week but I had an awful day yesterday. I felt so sick in the afternoon and threw up a couple of times. Felt queasy today but moreso when I am hungry. My stomach is growling about an hour or so after eating, it's ridiculous LOL.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:55pm

P.S. Forgot to say, re finding out the sex, both DH and I want to know. I did think about how nice it would be to have the surprise but I also like to plan and when I see baby clothes I would like to be able to buy blue or pink rather than sticking to creams and yellows until it's born. Of course it being healthy is the most important thing to us but we do want to buy stuff that would suit the sex, like Booboo said, plus we'd like the 4D scan too. Oh I can't wait! I'm so excited.

I have a feeling the next few months are going to feel like a lifetime for us ladies LOL

xx

United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 1:06pm

Hoping- i think its bad that you havent had your booking in yet, im a week behind you and mine was on friday! Do you not have local clinics that you see your midwife at? we saw ours at a clinic at the bottom of the street and she sorts the scan out im just waiting for the letter to come through the post! depending on their turnaround you could be 13 or 14 weeks before you get ya scan at this rate! i do think having ivf does slow the process down however, we werent discharged until 7 weeks from our clinic whereas if you fell pregnant normally, youd more likely see your doc between 4 and 6 weeks and you would go from there!

My DH also has teh same idea as you as finding out because he likes to plan ahead, but my arguement was, its the only time we are gonna be able to have this why dont we keep it as a surprise, after getting other peoples opinions, he decided to agree with me (knew he would in the end lol)

part of me thinks the past 10 weeks or so have flew but then part of me thinks god August seems lifetimes away! lol xxxxx

bab23

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 10th 2011, 1:22pm

Mindy - well I saw my GP just before Christmas who then said I needed to see the midwife. I saw the midwife at my GP on 29th December, thinking that was the booking in appointment but she just filled in a form and said she'd fax it to the hospital we chose and then I had to wait for their letter which says it's with the midwife in the antenatal unit. It is very frustrating as I just want to have my next scan. I hate waiting. It will be 13-14 weeks when I get the scan, assuming they can scan me before 26th January!

Yeah I did contemplate about leaving the sex as a surprise but we're just too excited and want to find out asap - hence the bit about me being impatient LOL! We've already got our names, for a boy and a girl. I've wanted the boys name since I was 15 years old (I'm 33) and fortunately DH likes it too. He has chose the girls name seeing as I insisted on the boys.

United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 1:25pm

oh wow, what names have you chosen? we have our names too! though the boys name we are still arguing about lol!

aw i hope u get ya scan through soon! it just puts your mind at rest i think! xxxxxx

bab23

Monday, January 10th 2011, 1:34pm

hi all i am resting!!! but feel its not getting any better!! im so impaintent lol

i think this 10 weeks (2morro) has flown by! i have my midwife appointment tomorrow cant wait! and cant wait to have scan just hope the scan is at a time when my son can come too or i may have to take him out of school for the day! naughty i know!

mindy u got names already thats good! ive got boys sorted but still unsure about girls, its hard because my DH is italian so i want a name that we can use in both english and italian like my son's name he is vincent or vincenzo!!!

hoping i do hope you get your scan soon hun! i think its hard when we have gone private because its all so fast and when you want it, although i have my midwife appointment tomorrow but i was cheeky and rang the midwife as soon as i got the positive result!!

booboo we will miss u but see you over in 2nd tri chat soon xxxx i think i need to pack away all my size 8's too! just cant even think of wearing jeans! lol
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 10th 2011, 1:48pm

Well I have always wanted Nathan for boy and for a girl we like Isabella. My husband also likes the name Ethan but I am dead set on Nathan even though I don't mind Ethan. They're very similar anyway.

Mum82 - I have Italian family too hence opting for Isabella. I like girls names ending with A, like Olivia, Sophia etc.

What names do you like Mindy? Has anyone else discussed names? I'll be watching TV and if I see a name appear I shout it it out to DH just randomly and he knows why I am asking and he'll just say yes or no LOL!

Monday, January 10th 2011, 2:01pm

i spoke too soon earlier...... i feel really bloated and as sick as a dog now :puke: i only had tom soup and toast with crisps for lunch and now i feel blurrgh.

Hoping - thats really bad you haven't heard from your scan yet! i didn't get my letter through until about 10 days ago and it was for this week so i just couldn't wait that long (i'll be 13+2). i don't blame u if u decide to get an early private scan like we did. it was worth every penny. especially when u want to start announcing it and getting excited. i had mine done at The Leeds Screening Clinic, obviously u don't live in leeds so wouldn't go there but maybe there's screening clinic near you...... give google a try. i'm sure you'll find a private hosp/clininc somewhere that will offer US scans. oooh...u have made me want to find out too now talking about the babies sex..... hee hee. i go through stages of wanting to and not wanting to know...lol. i have my names planned too but we're not telling people incase we do find out we want something to be a suprise for our family and friends. plus u sometimes have name thieves don't u...lol.

mum - good to hear your resting :thumbsup: hope the midwife apt goes well tomorrow. Are u waiting for your scan date then too? we are an impatiant lot arn't we...lol

mindy - u best warn the sonographer on your 20 weeks scan not to look between the legs too much, i have a few friends who said it was obvious from the scan they were having boys.. :snigger: are u swaying towards feeling like your having a boy at the mo with your baby in your siggie with the blue dummie? obviously non of us would be bothered what we get as long as its healthy but it is fun guessing. i'm thinking more that i'm carrying a boy....i'd be suprised if it was a girl. i don't care thuogh either way......i've been googling 'fun ways to guess what your having'. everything contradicts itself though......

my names are Laila for a girl (me and dh have always loved it sinse been together) and Zane for a boy. i also like Harry though cos it was my grandad's name but its quite popular now and i like unusual names.... so it would prob be Zane Harry for a boy.

i like Olivia too Hoping. i always thought if i had twin girls i'd have Laila and Olivia so they could be Laila and Livie......

:weehee: i love discussing names!!

today at work is dragging X(

Monday, January 10th 2011, 2:04pm

isabella was the only girls name i could find that we both liked too!!! hehehe and i love antiono (antony/tony) for a boy !!! i do like antonia for a girl but DH isnt as keen!! hehe

ive been search on the interent for names!! and when we find out sex of baby then i will sit down with hubby and go through all of them!! hehe that is if it a girl. boy is sorted hehee

ohh booboo i love laila that is a lovely name xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 3:15pm

ooooo all these lovely names!!!

for a girl we have definately decided on Olivia Grace Curry!
and for a boy we are arguing between Ben and Charlie! he likes Ben i like Charlie! his nephew was the best, Mindy- "Daniel, what do you think we should call our baby if its a boy?" Daniel- "erm i dunno" Mindy- " well do you like Ben or Charlie?" Daniel- "Charlie, because my hamsters called Ben!" that sold it for me! lol

the first thing i do when we get to 20 wk scan is tell her we arent finding out! knowing my luck currybum will be sitting pretty with his/her legs wide open lololol. Stevey keeps referring to my tummy as him and its sort of rubbing off on me lol. so now i just call him curry bum lol, then if i do get an Olivia Grace i will point and laugh at stevey who was convinced it was a boy! The Curry's are notorious for having Boys (stevey has 6 brothers!) so everyone assumes im having a boy too, maybe ill prove them wrong! lol

Boo Boo my friends baby is Layla-May, its such a lush name Laila, Id spell it like you though not the way my friend spells it lol.

work is dragging for me too!

glad your resting mum 82 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bab23

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 10th 2011, 3:43pm

:xxx3: Loving all the names ladies! My work colleagues sister had a baby girl recently and named her Olivia Grace. Is it a lovely name.

I know what you mean about name thieves, on here it doesn't matter though. I will make a point of telling a couple of my pregnant friends though as if they have their baby first and pick one of the names we want they may think I'm copying LOL! Silly that we think like that as it's up to us what we have but it is a pain if a friend picks a name you like. I really like Sophia for a girl but one of our friends has a little girl called Sophia so we feel like we can't use it. Silly really. We love Isabella though so we'll be going for that one.

United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 3:52pm

lush name isabella, i liked that too but we decided on Olivia Grace!

hopefully i will get my own way and we will have a Charlie Curry! i dont have a middle name for Charlie, i think that name is better on its own.

i also hear Posh Spice is pregnant and due around the same time as us ladies, i wonder if Lady Victoria graces us with her presence on here lol xxxx

bab23

Monday, January 10th 2011, 3:59pm

yeah there is some lovely names there.

and like Hoping has said, it doesn't matter that we share them on here! our children wont be going to the same school unless we move house....lol

mindy i must say i'm bias and like Ben.... as its my brothers name.lol. i like charlie too though, we have a neice called charley though so we could never have that. i do prefer the boy version of charlie though.

i love isabella too.....

ooooh we have some lovely names chosen.

i'm keeping my eyes and ears open though over the coming months for anymore i may come across cos ya never know!

yeah i was thinking about victoria beckham having a baby in summer. Hope she doesn't pinch our names....

x x x

United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 4:06pm

i have no doubt she will have some abstract name picked out like kensington or something like that lol. or maybe moonbeam if its a girl. lololol

i like Ben but i am constantly reminded of Ben 10. i have a 5 yr old brother you see lol. i think charlie curry sounds like he will be a right cheeky chappie lol and if he is anything like Daddy Cool he will be lol! xxxx

bab23

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Monday, January 10th 2011, 4:12pm

Hi everyone

There is a new thread here, in case any of you are interested, for anyone who is maybe mid-30s and expecting and wants to chat

x

Pregnant and Nearer 40? Anyone?

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Monday, January 10th 2011, 4:46pm

Hi girls,
Well saw doc this morning and he confirmed the good news. Then the not so good news that I have a possible kidney infection and that the pregnancy is ‘high risk’. Have to go to an endocrinologist to check my thyroid is working right (been on thyroxine for yrs, as it was underactive) I suppose being 36 with the whole AMH level thing didn’t help either. Is also the busiest time of the yr in work (feel like going into hiding for the next few months!) Anyone else got a high risk pregnancy? Or a kidney infection - any advice? Doc seems to think I am due Sept 12th, which would make me five weeks gone, but I thought I was 3, cos EC on 20th Dec. Anyone able to shed any light on this?
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Monday, January 10th 2011, 4:50pm

mindy just wanted to say!! charlie charlie charlie i love it!! bit bias tho as im charlotte!!! hehe my brothers name is ben and its a lovely name too

does anyone find if they know someone with a name you like it either makes you like it more or hate it!!! hehe there is a few names i liked before i met someone with that name and they were horrid!!! it put me off!! hehe

any ideas for italian girls names send them my way!! hehe

cathcat sorry hun about ur news!! sure everything will be fine tho hun xxxxx just try get plenty of rest. i had kidney infection when pregnant with my son but i was 30weeks!! they sorted it asap as it was making me have contractions! (just cos at later stage tho hun) and all was fine i went on to have my son at 38 weeks!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 5:56pm

sorry to hear ya news cathcat, hope all will be ok!

i agree mum! xxxx

bab23

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, January 10th 2011, 6:27pm

Sorry to hear you have a kidney infection Cathcat. I hope you get better soon. Re your due date check out this IVF calculator. I used it to predict mine after a blastocyst transfer and it was spot on as my 8 and 10 week scan confirmed it was the same.

http://www.ivf-infertility.com/calc_preg.php

I'm really like the names - Laila, Charlie, Ben, Antonio, they're all good. Charlie Curry sounds pretty cool lol.

Mum82 - some girl names suggestions - Liliana, Caterina, Alessandra, Carina, Ellisa......

Do you know if I would've announced my pregnancy this week on Facebook I would've put my Facebook status as 'can't believe Victoria Beckham is stealing my limelight!' LOL! Wonder how many weeks she is I agree she will probably choose some weird name.

So I decided to book a private scan ladies. I decided that I didn't want to wait for my hospital appointment next Tuesday and for them to say they can't scan me for another week so I have found a private clinic in my city centre and it is only costing £95. It's on Monday (couldn't get in this week) at 3pm so DH is meeting me at work and we'll go and have some lunch then go for the scan. I really hope everything is OK. I reason it will be money well spent because I don't have nights out anymore or spend money on alcohol.

Monday, January 10th 2011, 8:00pm

Hoping - thats great news u have decided to book your own scan. yeeeeey, very excited for you :thumbsup: i wish i'd have thought of writing that on facebook about victoria beckham stealing the limelight...lol. i was wondering how far along she is too. i bet she's about 14-16 weeks cos celebs don't usually announce until they are well over the 12 week mark. they will prob call it summat daft though.

mum - you have a brother called ben like i do! the only italian name i know is for a girl i used to know called marissa (spelling?). i totally agree about the going off a name if u know someone with it u don;t like..lol. i really like Reuben for a boy but hubby doesn't like it cos he used to know a Reuben with a snotty nose as a child!!!

mindy - charlie curry is very cute and cheeky chappie.

cathcat - sorry to hear u've been put at high risk, i'm sure its a precaution hun and everything will be fine. btw...for how far preg u are its time from egg collection plus 2 weeks. the link hoping put on for you should do the trick though.

United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 8:49pm

hoping good news about booking ya scan! i wish we had of done that!

i love charlie curry too, it sounds better than Ben Curry! lol (DH sometimes reads my posts lol)

im ill ill ill tonight! sickness, feel weak and im slugging gaviscon down too, i actually find it stops me feeling sick for a while lol!

xxxxx

bab23

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 10:35am

morning ladies

how are we all feeling? im 11 weeks today! where have the weeks gone????

has anyone heard from Mim?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bab23

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 10:51am

Hi Mindy
I am here I am here everyday, but I feel as I dont know what to say , I feel pregnant just like anybody else but ....
I was called in by my midwife last week , she was very concerned about the virus I have , this week getting better , and I told her the story about my LO not been well ,so she spoke to the doctors in EPU and they are seeing me again this friday and should have a clear picture on what to do . I am not sure what I will do as far as termination of the pregnancy goes as they have suggested because of possible abnormality in Lo I will leave it up to LO to decide if it decides to leave us , but if it is still here I cant bring myself to such a decsision , we have waited nearly 8 years now for LO . I am sorry I have no good news, the only good news is I kind of look pregnant ,my tummy ;) and I am with ms again and have Dorry Partons breasts hehe, I hope you guys are well .
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 11:07am

Hi Mim

excellent news about your pg symptoms returning, surely thats a good sign!
i truly believe your LO is a lil fighter and i think you are making the right decision to leave it up to him/her to decide whether she stays with you.
glad the virus is getting better too, surely thats a good sign too! :thumbup:
i have everything crossed for you that everything works out, your LO has been a fighter so far and i hope she keeps up the good work! [zx126]
xxxxx

bab23

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 11:59am

Morning ladies

i feel vile again today. i feel so sick if i stop grazing but where i work its difficult to keep grazing on food. i'm also worried cos all i seem to be able to stomach is carbs like bread and potatoe and crisps. surely thats not good for me and i'll end up piling on loads of fat thats not good for my body or baby! but i feel so crap if i don't eat what my body is telling me to....... wish this sickness would go now so i can start enjoying been preggas a bit more.

mim - really hope everything goes well for you on friday hun. i have everything crossed for you xfingers xfingers it does sound like you LO is a wee fighter though. hope u get a clearer picture on friday and for happy news. and like mindy said - i think the symptoms must be a good sign :thumbsup:

mindy - woohoo on 11 weeks today...... 2nd tri soon! i was on fb earlier and it looks like u have abusy day ahead hun. i can't manage a normal day at work lately never mind anything else!

so who watched 'one born every minute'?? apparently that red head woman was well dramatic and its not that bad! she terrified me watching her...lol. anyway i already know i'm asking for epidural as soon as i step foot through them hospital doors :P

x x x x

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 12:41pm

Wow, came on here yesterday and didn't have chance to read everyones posts so just caught up.
Mum it's great to gear from you, I'm glad the ms is back and it's great you are seeing someone on fri (the waiting around must be terrible). Like the others have said I'm sure your lo is a fighter. My fingers are crossed for you on fri.
Haven't watched one born every minute yet booboo, got it recorded and will watch it today!! I have always told dh that I wouldn't want him in the birth room with me because I will shout horrible things at him and he my never want BD again from what he would see. I'm hoping the program changes my mind and not confirms this.
Mindy 11 week that's great, I really can't wait for that time! Think I'm going to start chasing my 12 week scan next week so that I don't have to wait till week 13 (mind you because of my af being 9 weeks ago midwife thinks they will do it at 12 weeks from then so I could have it at 11weeks)
As for baby names, we have discussed it over the years but I'm waiting for my 12 week scan to properly sit down and chat about it!! I love the names you have mentioned though!!
Afm nausea comes and goes, feel im getting use to how to manage it now, however had some dry wretching which was not pleasant!! Only 2 more sleeps before I see lo again :-) and got midwife tomorrow so quite busy!
Hope your all ok today.

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 12:58pm

i havent watched one born every minute yet as i was in bed sharp last night! i mighth watch it tonight if i can keep my eyes open when i get back in from college!

adreamz ooo exciting about ya scan!

im feeling sickly today so ive gone to the shop and bought loads of sweets and crisps, not very healthy but its the only thing i can keep down lol! my LO doesnt like healthy food it seems!

i am also reading this fab book that i cant put down, i keep sneaking pages of it at work lol. its sooo good! xxx

bab23

7 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

7 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE