You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 10:59am

Hi all,

Very quiet on here this weekend, everyone must be enjoying the sunshine.

I saw the midwife yesterday for the booking in appointment, what a lot of forms, glad to get in the system though.

Also my doppler arrived, I can definately hear the heartbeat but I only count 71 BPM, I thought it should be double this, any thoughts?

KJ

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 2:07pm

KJ - that sounds like your heartbeat/pulse!!! Where are you putting the microphone bit? You have to put it right by your hairline almost facing down. Youtube has clips of what it should sound like.

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 3:28pm

Hope everybody is having a lovely Sunday, I got a cheeky mother's day card obv bought from my DH :snigger:

KJ I agree with daisy sounds like your heart beat, sometimes difficult to find.

I also had my ante natal appointment today, forms and BP. Have to see consultant at 16wks to disucss plan as had c section last time. My midwife is on mat leave so will be seeing whoever available after consultant appt. Meds reduced to half so should have stopped them by end of next week - scary

Little man asleep so off to have a hot chocolate XXXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 4:18pm

Alie - what meds are you on and how are they being reduced? Would be interesting to compare.

My diary

KJ27

Ace

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 5:42pm

Yes i did a bit of googling and it seems it was my heartbeat I was hearing, how mad is that that you can heard your own beat so low down.

Perhaps I should wait till 12 weeks, It might be a bit easier to find then.

Kj

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 6:05pm

Hi Girlies

KJ - The prob with the doppler is the worry when you cant find an HB. I shall be ordering mine only after I have had the all clear at next scan & to arrive when I am 15 weeks PG.
I would just flip into a mental loony state if I got it before, tried it & couldnd find a HB.
I do understand why Daisy has it & she has mastered the art by the looks of it & lucky enough to get a HB early on.

Allie - My clinic wont discuss labour until I am half way there so you are lucky that you get this sorted at 16 weeks.

Claireo - Glad all is going well with you hon, despite the sickness still.

I cant see any further ladies but I hope you are all Dandy O.

AFM - I am literaly pooping my pants with fright over my scan on Tuesday. I hope & I pray with all my might all goes well.
I am scared yet still excited. I just want to breathe a big sigh of relief. I have a few plans if all goes well.

1. Open my Dream genie pillow & use it
2. Buy a Doppler
3. Book a 3/4D sexing scan for 17/18 weeks.

So Please Please let me get those 3 things off my list.

Is anyone else going to find out the sex of their precious bubbas????

xxxx

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

KJ27

Ace

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 6:06pm

Yippee I just found the heartbeat 140 bpm or there abouts, it is a bit tricky to find though so if anyone does buy a doppler don't panic if you don't find it, I kept getting my own heartbeat and then eventually there it was clear as a bell.

I feel very happy now.

KJ

KJ27

Ace

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 6:09pm

Hi Taxi,

Sorry wasnt ignoring you we were writing at the same time, I wish you all the luck in the world for the scan not that you will need it, all be fine. I bet you are pleased it is so close, Tuesday is just round the corner and you can see your beautiful bubba.

I want to find out the sex but DH says no so I guess we will keep it a surprise, apparently it helps you get through the labour, can't see it myself.

KJ

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 7:22pm

I agree with Taxi - my consultant was dead against me getting a doppler but there was NO WAY I waqsn't getting it!! For the first week or so, it would take me about 15 mins to find the heart but now bub is bigger and I know exactly where to look I can find it. Sometimes it just stops but that;s because bub has moved away. Some days it is faint and some it is clear as a bell. I have PROMISED DH that I won't freak out if I can't find it one day. It has, after all my losses, kept me sane and positive.

KJ - so glad you found it eventually - it is defo an art!!

Taxi - yes, we want to find out the sex too - I am such a planner, I just couldn't leave it to the end day!! I'm going to get one of those pillows too, my mate has one and she swears by it. Try to stay calm about your scan on Tuesday, i am sure all will be fine hun. Then in a week or so, you can reassure me too!!! Can't wait to hear how you get on.

AFM - had a nice weekend and not to apprehensive about next week at work. Just as long as OFSTED don't come!!! Had a lush dinner tonight so feeling happy, bub is happy, DH is happy and the dog is happy!! All good in the Daisy household:)

To all - have a great start to the week.

:xxx3:

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 8:53pm

Hey Ladies,

Hope you have all had lovely weekends.

Clairerio, sorry to hear you are still being sick, hope it passes soon, how many weeks are you?

KJ, i have also ordered a doppler, waited until everything was ok at the scan and then got it ordered, hopefully it should be here by Tuesday, will be 13 weeks but then, won't fret if can't find the heartbeat immediately!

Taxi, i know how anxious you must be about Tuesday, it will soon be here and you will be able to then relax and marvel at your LO on screen, it is amazing to see them and yours will be right as rain, do you get the nuchal results etc immediately? will :pray: everything is perfect for you.

Alie, cute card from your DH, was it signed from bump as well? i also have consultants appt at 14 weeks as it is an ICSI, not sure what will happen in it though!

Daisy, great to hear all is well in the Daisy household, hope school is ok next week, where do you teach?

We are def going to find out the sex, i always said i wanted to wait, but after this whole journey i want to know asap! names all sorted as well smile2

I feel a bit crap at the moment, told my sisters today, they had no idea about any iVF or anything as we kept it completely to ourselves, my younger sister (28) was screaming with excitement and has said she will try to put her wedding back by a few weeks so we can go, she was so happy, it was lovely. The elder one (35) just went deathly quiet, then completely incredulously "oh my god" followed by more silence, and i said are you not going to congratulate me, she was like "errr, congratulations?" i said you don't even sound happy for me, she said "well, do you want me to be happy for you?! i didn't even know you wanted babies" i just hung up on her. thing is i KNEW he would react like that, she doesn't want kids herself, it's not like she is jealous, i just don't get it, then my mum was all being sympathetic towards her and telling me I had to be more understanding...... so i hung up on my mum as well :sniff:

Not all happy in my household tonight unfortuantely!

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 29th 2007

Children: Thanks to IVF a beautiful little boy

Sunday, April 3rd 2011, 9:02pm

Hi Ladies

I'm pleased that your all having a good weekend

KJ glad you found the heartbeat thats great

Taxi good luck with your scan

AFM I have had a bad weekend and it is far from over, Im sorry to pour it all out to you girls but I only my best friend and DH know Im pregnant. Saturday I started having lots of episods of bloody CM, I just thought it was much the same as what happened before but then come the evening I started having the smallest clots (about the size of a sesame seed) the out of hours contact number is for the delivery unit so I phoned them, thay said see how I go through the night if things get worse then go to A&E, I went to bed. When I got up this morning there was more bloody CM just like the start of AF so I got DH to take me to A&E, the Gynae Dr gave me an internal she said she could not see anything untoward and that my cervix was closed, she did my hgc levels and they were 9000. I was told to go home and see how I go and she will phone with a scan appt.

I came home and slowly developed AF like cramping and then clots just like AF, I phoned the delivery unit again and they once again said if it gets worse then go to A&E otherwise phone the EPU in the morning. My DS was in bed asleep so I put him in sleepwear he can be moved in (travel gro bag). I just got downstairs when the Dr who I see this morning phoned to say the earliest she could get me a scan is Wednesday, I told her what was happening and she said it is almost certain I am having a MC, she said to call the EPU in the morning at 9 and they 'might' be able to give me an earlier scan but come back to A&E if I start loosing lots or if I cant control the pain.

I know that a MC happens to 1 in 5 people but that doesn't make it any better. As well as feeling like sh#t with all this going on its over shaddowing mothersday with my beautiful son whom I know I am so lucky to have (so many arent lucky) and to top it I have the most dreadful cold and my whole body hurts.

Sorry Im going on a bit, This is possibly my last post but I will let you know. bigcloud

Take care Ladies and thank you for your posts

X
TTC since 2004
2008 started IVF Dec 2008 :BFP:
11/09/09 bab22

TTC naturaly since

26/02/2011 :BFP: Sadly ended at 11 weeks

17/09/2011 :BFP: Sadly ended at 6 weeks

Reg: Sep 25th 2009

Monday, April 4th 2011, 9:52am

Morning all,

Firstly, Buffy, I am so sorry to hear what you have been going through. Whats happening now? That's bad that they cannot scan you until Wednesday, surely A&E would do this straight away for you? You poor poor thing. I will keep hoping that it doesnt end up as the worst.

Hope you all had good weekends. My DH bought me a 'Mother to Be' card yesterday and wrote it as if it was from the baby, bless him, it really made me laugh. He is so thoughtful. Our 12 week scan is on 14th April and I have my midwives booking appointment tomorrow. Its not really feeling real at the moment. We only had a scan last Sunday, but it seems like ages ago, and I havent feel alot of symptoms since, but I have been like that the whole way through really. I have the most AWFUL hayfever, I am hardly getting any sleep because I have to breath through my mouth and its so dry I keep waking up for a drink, plus the twice I now wake up every night for a wee!! I HATE hayfever so much, I have had it for about 20 years now and its absolutely dreadful. I love this time of year, but its a bit overshadowed by stupid hayfever!!

Apart from that, had a nice couple of hours out with my mum yesterday, that was nice. Then a nice meal with DH.

Just cant wait for next week's scan.

Taxi, wishing you all the best with your tomorrow!! I am positive all will be good xxxx
TTC 3 years, borderline cancerous Ovarian Cysts, DH Low Motility
#1 - ICSI Dec 2009 - 4 eggs, zero fertilized
#2 - ICSI Feb 2010 - 7 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 embie on board, BFN
#3 - FET June 2010 - 2 embies on board, BFN
#4 - ICSI Jan 2011 - 7 eggs, 3 fertilised, 2 embies on board, :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen 08.03.11 and 27.03.11

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, April 4th 2011, 10:44am

Buffy - I am so, so sorry you are going through this. My heart goes out to you & I shall keep everything crossed that you do not lose your very precious baby. I cant even bear to think of how you & DH are feeling right now & I send you love & hope. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Anna - I would have put the phone down too.
Nicster - Good luck at the scan.

BTW - Has anyone heard from Miss Hopeful at all. Did she zoom off to 2nd Tri?

AFM - Well my scan is tomorrow & of course I am petrified. Even DH has shown nerves. However we have to go for it. We want to and we dont. It is weird. If only I had only ever had positive news in the past at scans I could just be happy & excited to see bubby. I am going to try & enjoy every minute today though. Just incase. I will window shop the internet for baby things & do all the exciting things I can.
Hopefully I shall be back here tomorrow with a pic. I am not sure if I get the results there & then & I am not bothered by the risk factor of downs. It s that everything is ok with the baby ie - I will be having a baby & there is the right amont of fluid behind the neck. :pray: :pray: :pray:

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 11th 2008

Children: CFC, Ireland

Monday, April 4th 2011, 1:28pm

Hi Everyone!

Buffyboo - I am so sorry you are going through this - I have my fingers crossed that it is not bad news. It must be very scary for you. x

Anna - Geenie, what on earth is up with your sister? it looks like she is jealous no matter what she said about not wanting kids. Perhaps she has been trying and you didn't know?
either way she was very rude and childish and you were right to put the phone down!

Taxi - good luck in your scan, I hope all is well...

Nicster - Your scan is the day after mine... I haven't had one since 8 weeks and I am almost going mad! I am just praying that my two Little ones are still ok in there but judging by the size of my tummy they are! have you decided to get a doppler? I don't think I will - I would definitely drive myself insane!

Anyway, life here is good - I have been a little bold and bought a few things! I just couldn't help myself!!! Only a travel cot and some nursery decorations so nothing too bold!
I am getting bigger by the day and the boobs are like something out of a lads mag! I am quite proud of them actually!
I have my 12 weeks scan next week and I am praying all will be well - it has been 3 weeks since my last scan and i thought I would manage to cope because I was away in Spain for a week of it but it has been tough wondering and worrying every day!
still no morning sickness and the tiredness is starting to lift too so I am counting myself very lucky!

anyway, hope the rest of you are well xxxx
KarrieD xxx
Karrie's IVF Diary 2!

nov 2008 & Apr 2009 IUI :BFN ;( Apr 2010 IVF - abandoned - no follies ;( Jan 2011 IVF - :BFP: 2 little [zx076] [zx076]

Monday, April 4th 2011, 5:03pm

Oh Buffy, what a terrible, terrible time you are going through. I am so sorry this is happening. Did you manage to get a scan today? You are in my thoughts today, I hope you get some answers soon xxxx

KarrieD - I have my 12 weeks scan next week too ( but I will be 13 weeks) - it will have been 3 weeks since the last one and I know how you feel - like an eternity has taken place! Mt fatigue has begun to lift as well - looks like we are mirroring each other!!

Taxi - You will be fine hun. Hope it all goes well xxxx

Nicster - you are joining me and Karried with the scans - mine's on the 13th so we can all stress out together!! Sorry the hayfever has got you, it must be rotten. I feel so lucky that I don't get it.

Anna - I teach in Kent near the coast. And, thank you - they have been much better so far this week! Fingers crossed the stay that way. Hun, about your sister - you reacted in the same way any normal, sane, rational person would have. I don't want to interfer as I don't know her but she was out of order! What a horrible way to react. Hopefully she has had some time by now and has put things right.

AFM - My scan date is set for 13th March and I will be exactly 13 weeks. Hope that's not an unlucky sign. To many 13s in that equation!!! But the great news is tha my mum is coming down for a week the following day so she will fuss and want to take me shopping - YES PLEASE!! You won't hear me complaining!!!

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, April 4th 2011, 6:21pm

Daisy hon - I think you meant 13th April, unless your pregnancy has given you Time Lord status & you will be going backwards instead of forwards lol.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Monday, April 4th 2011, 6:34pm

oh blimey!! indeed!! baby brain kicks in....... :drunk:

United Kingdom

Monday, April 4th 2011, 6:48pm

Thank you for your messages its very kind.

I spoke to the EPU this morning and someone called me back this afternoon, I have to still wait till wednesday for a scan I was told there was no available slots till then and nothing is going to affect the outcome. I am just in shock that it is all taken with a pinch of salt, does noone give a hoot as to what this is doing to me. I don't give a sh#t as to how common these things are I need someone to give a dam I so feel like a second class person.

Oh well 36 hours to go not that I am clock watching

Good Luck to all of you, I will post on wednesday after it is all over
TTC since 2004
11/09/09 bab22

TTC naturaly since

Monday, April 4th 2011, 7:01pm

Oh my gosh Buffybo - that is awful!!!! and it's not worth going to A&E?

I am so sorry you are going through this, don't give up hope though as people do sometimes bleed in pregnancy, happened to a friend of mine, she thought she was having a misscarriage and now Tilly is nearly 3, i will keep praying for you, am gutted one of us is having to go through this [zx127]

Nicster, lovely cute card from your DH, didn't even realise you could get those cards! sounds like you had a lovely weekend, sorry to hear the hayfever is getting you down, am surprised as it seems quite early for it

Taxi, hope you are taking deep breaths and trying to keep calm before tomorrow, am wishing you all the luck in the world and will be thinking of you and checking all day, what time is it?

Daisy & Karried, yeah, i think my sister was jealous, but not because of the baby thing, she doesn't want children, i think she is not that happy with the guy she has been seeing for a while, who knows, i got a very half hearted apology, am more upset as my parents got all involved and sided with her saying I had upset her and wasn't being very sensitive, and so now i just want some space from all of them to be honest. Am going on holiday next Friday to Cuba so will just leave things until i get back after Easter, hopefully it will all be forgotton about then

good luck to all those with scans this week, i am 13 weeks tomorrow, Daisy like you i want to get past the 13 week stage as it does seem unlucky! i will stick with this thread for a while though, i don't like change! ooh, got my doppler hopefully James will be bringing it home tonight, will report back!

most of my symptoms have gone now although getting the metallic taste more and more, nausea has gone as well, hope everyone else is feeling ok

xxx
Anna

KJ27

Ace

Monday, April 4th 2011, 7:08pm

Buffy I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I know you can self refer to the Homerton hospital for a scan, you may get in tomorrow due to the circumstances, why not give them a call and see. Check out their website all the details are on there.

Thinking of you hun.

KJ

Spain United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 11th 2009

Children: 2 teenage sons 13 & 14 and my miracle twins Noha Martina & Oscar Noha born 7 wks early 11/10/11 RIP princess Noha <3

Monday, April 4th 2011, 10:26pm

Hi ladies :)

Well i thought i should show my face as i have been popping in and out of here but not posted as of yet :snigger:

Buffy what a terrible time your having :hugs: xfingers everything will be just fine xfingers

I haven't caught up on everyone yet but im sure i will :) I am 6 weeks tomorrow woohoo and i have my early scan on Wednesday to see if there are 1 or 2 in there xfingers

Well have a nice evening all and chat tomorrow xxxxxx

IVFx3
TWINS [zx076] [zx076] 7wks prem
Oscar Noha 4lb2 - Tracheal Esophageal Fistula & Esophageal Atresia
Noha Martina 3lb8 - HLHS RIP Princess
My TWIN diary

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 5:49am

Good Morning!!

Kel - welcome and congrats on your BFP!! I take it from your picture you had 2 lovely little blasts put in? We have a couple of ladies with twins in the first tri so you would be in excellent company.

Anna - I am glad your sister had made *some* attempt at an apology - hopefully things will get better with her soon. Family strains are so difficult to deal with at the best of times, let alone when you are all hormonal!!

Today is my last day on two cyclogests - down to 1 a day for the next 4 weeks!! [zx187] I think out of all my meds, that's the one I hated the most. The SMELL, ugh!! The MESS, ugh!!! Then tomorrow will be my last clexane too!! AND I start coming off the steroids. Big milestone days today and tomorrow.

Have a great day one and all - hope you are all well and happy x

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 1:32pm

Hey fellow preggers peeps.

Well we are over the moon to report all is well with Bub. We went in & bub was lying on his/her side with their little feet crossed at the ankles. We were sent away for 10 mins and I was told to eat a choc bar.
I did this & we came back but bub still was relaxing on their side. Again I was sent away as they cant check measurments & neck fluid whilst they are on their side. So finaly after 2 choc bars Bub moved slightly.
Neck fluid measured 1.6 which is well within normal range and he found a nasal bone. WooooHoooo. I did have to have the blood test too which I rather wouldnt have but hey ho. They said if it comes back high risk they will contact me buy Friday. If I am low risk I will get a letter in a few weeks. I am praying for the letter.
Anyhoo Here is some pics. In one you can see bubs ear & in bothe they are sucking their thumb.
We are overjoyed that all is well. I am going to announce it to all & sundry later as I cant wait another day.
We are madly & deeply in love. [zx076] [zx076] [zx076] lurve

xxxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Apr 5th 2011, 1:33pm)

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 2:49pm

happydance happydance happydance happydance

am so happy for you hun, huge congrats
xxx
Anna

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 4:57pm

partee Whoohooooooooo partee

Great news Taxi!!!!! Now WILL YOU RELAX?????? LOL!!!

My diary

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 6:12pm

That's great news Taxi!!! happydance

I heard the heartbeat at my midwives booking appointment today, 160bpm, much happer with that!!

xxx
#4 - ICSI Jan 2011 - 7 eggs, 3 fertilised, 2 embies on board, :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen 08.03.11 and 27.03.11

KJ27

Ace

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 7:42pm

What fantastic news taxi, what a great picture, so big it really is amazing.

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 5:55am

12 weeks today! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

This time next week I'll be in 2nd tri:) What a great feeling!

My diary

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 9:15am

Hey Ladies,

firstly a huge :party: for Daisy and big welcome to Kel :hi:

Well, i am 13 + 1 today, is it time to move over? not feeling sick anymore - woohoo! it really has just stopped.

Had a go on the doppler last night and was SO hard to find, kept finding my heartbeat, from veins or whatever i guess, then after about 10 mins of trying eventually when we were just about to give up, I found it pretty low down going at around 150 bpm, not sure if the one i got is the best quality one, it was around £50, what have others got?

hope you are all having lovely days, the weather is gorgeous outside isn't it

xxx
Anna

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "anna14" (Apr 6th 2011, 9:16am)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 10:37am

Thanks everyone for your lovely posts.

Well Anna I will see you in 2nd tri on Friday. So exciting.#

Daisy congrats on being 12 weeks. You will be back with Anna & I very soon.

Nicster - Hearing the heartbeat is amazing isnt it.

Anyhoo love to you all. Will be back later to catch up with any goss.
xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 12:45pm

Hi girls,

Taxi - What a lovely scan pic! I am sooo pleased for you! I love that he/she is sucking his/her thumb! Scans are so clear these days! I hope you enjoy telling everyone. I was like you and fit to burst!! Enjoy relaxing now and put those feet up! :-)

Anna - I am so sorry to read about your sister and parents. I am pleased your sister did apologise even if it was half hearted. You reacted the way any normal person would. I am pleased you are getting away and enjoying a holiday to Cuba. You have been through so much and deserve it. I am sure your family will have calmed down when you get back and the whole thing will have blown over. Dont let them put a dampner on such an exciting time for you and feel free to rant at us anytime! :-) I am exactly the same amount of days as you. Shall we both hop over to the second trimester together? We can stay on here for a bit too. :-) Lets make the leap together starsmile

BuffyBo - I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. It isn't fair that one of us has to go through such a tough time. Just so long as you know we are all here for you and will help in any possible way we can. I am thinking about you today and hoping that there is a glimmer of hope and things go well. :pray:

Daisy - I bet it is soo exciting hearign the little heart beat. I debated getting a doppler but DF said I would be paranoid if I couldnt find anything so I think I am going to leave it. I have two little beans in there so not sure if you would be able to hear both or just a combined heart beat? How do these things work? Does it tell you the beats per min or do you have to count? I bet you are glad it is nearing the easter hols. I have been off work for 4 weeks with this nasty hyperemesis which I am please to say is finally shifting I think. WOOP!

Karried - I am sooo glad I have a twin buddy on here. I too am enormous and look like I am 20 weeks gone when in fact I am only 13 weeks + 1 day. People have started asking me now if I am pregnant so I must look it! I love it! The best bit is having a little bump and I swear I can feel a twitchy feeling when they are moving around. How far gone are you? Mine were both measuring around 6cm last week in week 12. Its so cute how you can see the different personalities on the scans. Twin 1 on the bottom is very chilled out and twin 2 on the top is more energetic and wriggly. I love seeing them both on the screen! My in laws got me a t-shirt whilst they were on holiday in Lanzarote. It says " I am not fat I am having twins!!" hehe! Its sooo funny!

Nicster - Congrats on hearing you little heart beat. Hope all going well with you.

Kel - Congrats on your BFP and welcome to the 1st trimester chat, Its great in here and there are some lovely lovely people.

Cant see any further back so love and hugs to everyone else! :flowers:

AFM - I am finally (touching wood) feeling a bit better. I made it to the 2nd trimester!!!!! Its been a very looooooooooong 1st trimester and a very poorly one! I am hoping and praying that the 2nd trimester is as good as its made out to be! I am still being sick at odd occasions but I am able to eat a bit more and I have come off my medication yesterday. I have a little bit more energy and finally feeling like the hyperemesis is going. I have never been sooo poorly for sooo long ( 9 weeks in total) so it knocked me a bit and was a bit of a shock to the system. I am usually so fit and well so it made me very low and miserable. I am grateful for my fab DF and my super family who have helped me through it. We had our nuchal scan last week and everything looked promising. The fluids were both around 1.6 and two healthy nasal bones were seen. I had a blood test too so just waiting for our letter to see whether the risk is high or low. The midwife seemed happy with results though so fingers crossed! We have booked a private gender scan at 18 weeks and they have an offer on for a 4d peek and possiblly a photo so lookign forward to that. That is booked in on the 18th May when I will be nearly 19 weeks. We also have our 20 week scan booked in on the 25th May so that one will test for all the abnormalities. Its all very exciting.

Anyway I have just had shower so need to go and dry my hair.

Love to all

Shell xxxxxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 1:27pm

hey Shell,

yes, lets make the jump together tomorrow! high5

So glad to hear your sickness is finally shifting, have you got back to your normal weight yet? at least it will be less to lose at the end i guess! I love the t-shirt, and the twins sound so cute with their different personalities, i wonder if they are one of each, that would be even more amazing.

I don't really have any bump at all, but still so early, the midwife said it is more likely to be around weeks 20-24 that people can start to tell so am not going to worry, post some of your bump pics!

xx
Anna

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 1:44pm

Hello Ladies

This is just a quick little message to so thankyou for your support.

My scan shows no sign of life and what is there only measures 6/7 weeks so its been gone about 4 weeks however my cervix is still closed so I have not expeled the embro I have just got to wait and go back next week for another scan to see what is still there.

Thats enough of the bad news.

I wish all you ladies the best of luck and take care

Buffybo x
TTC since 2004
11/09/09 bab22

TTC naturaly since

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 3:10pm

Oh Buffy I am so very sorry. Thats just horrid. I hope things get back to normal for you ASAP so that you can start to deal with your loss. I for one will be thinking of you.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 5:18pm

Buffy - so sorry to hear your news :(

Mashy - from what I know, you would be able to hear both heart beats separately. Some dopplers have an LCD display where it counts for you but I got sent the wrong one so all I get is audio, but that's good enough for me!!

Anna - Mine was about £50 quid too - you can get cheaper but I think they are less reliable.

Anna + Taxi + Mashy - so you are al leaving us!! YAY for you in the 2nd tri. I will see you all there in ONE WEEK!!! I can't wait.

AFM - same old same old!! All well here. Will update more tomorrow.

Luvya!!

My diary

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 5:37pm

Oh Buffy - I am so so so sorry. What a horrible experience for you... thinking of you x

Taxi - lovely scan pics, baby looks so cute! good luck in the 2nd Trimester thread! see you there in 2 weeks I hope...

Mashy - yes twins definitely make you big! I can't tie my trousers today and i am only 11 weeks!!! it is time to hang up my size 10's for a while I think! I bought some maternity trousers online from jojo maman bebe - I will be in them within a week! I am delighted that you have made it past the 1st trimester and that the sickness is going - you really had such a bad time! I think you may have taken on my sickness too! we will have to swap notes on twins later on - what have we gotten ourselves into???

Anna - well done heading off to the 2nd trimester! keep a seat for me! you are a scream with your doppler - I just know I would be a mad woman if I had one!
I loved Cuba when I was there - nothing to do but relax! what part are you going to? we had a few days in havana and then the rest in Varadero. It was really lovely!
just in case anyone hasn't mentioned it most travellers bring crayons and hair accessories for the daily housekeepers because their kids can't get anything like that - they are really appreciative when you leave something for them every day!

Nicster - when is your scan next week? I haven't heard a heartbeat yet! can't wait!

has anyone thought about buying any baby stuff yet? I am super organised so i have researched all the bits I want - now I just need to wait 5 months before I can buy them!
i find the waiting very tough! I never wait for anything....

anyway, it is set to be a nice weekend so I am looking forward to that! talk to you all soon! xxx
KarrieD xxx
Karrie's IVF Diary 2!

nov 2008 & Apr 2009 IUI :BFN ;( Apr 2010 IVF - abandoned - no follies ;( Jan 2011 IVF - :BFP: 2 little [zx076] [zx076]

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 5:38pm

Oh, and congrats Daisy on your 12 weeks today!!! :flowers: :balloons:
KarrieD xxx
Karrie's IVF Diary 2!

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 5:58pm

Hey Ladies,

Buffyboo am so sad for you, i really hoped it would turn out different for you, hope you are ok.

Karried - yes, we are doing 3 days in Havana then the rest in Varadero, can't wait :rainbow: thanks for the tip about the bits for housekeepers, what currency did you take there? it's all a bit confusing.

hello to everyone else or should i say goodbye.... this will be my last post in here, going to make the move over to the 2nd Trimester.

see all you gals soon!
xxx
Anna

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 14th 2010

Children: one on the way !

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 7:24pm

Oh Buffy words cannot express how sorry I am ...........xxx

I wish everyone the bes,t and I hope that the good news keeps coming, after everyones long and emotional battles its seems so hard to face this journey without fear.

Amazing Pictures Taxi I ca,n't wait until mine but my see my scan's not until the 19th - ill be 13weeks !

Blimey time is flying , good luck those moving to second trimester chat !

AFM - sorry for the short post but I'm knackered , we're moving schools and it was the last day of packing today.

Love to everyone

Clairerio

xxx

Me 36, DH 38,
TTC 5 years
1 cycle ICSI - chemical pregnancy
& 1 frozen Blastacyst
FET Feb 2011- One perfect seen 8th March

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 9:24pm

Hi ladies

Buffy I am so sorry to read your news, my heart goes out to you X

Taxi wonderful piccies

Daisy congrats on 12 weeks

Anna, mashy & Taxi congrats on making the fab move to 2nd trimester

Glad pepole are starting to feel better

AFM had my bookig in on sunday and m/w had me at 11+5 to my 11+3 so am now/almost 12 weeks!!!!!! SO hopefully my scan on Wednesday will answer the dating question :snigger: Nausia and sore (.)(.) had gone but both back again. Starting to have alittle more energy but when DS up at 4.30 like last night and then have to go to work, pretty knackered tonight! I am now almost off my meds 2 more days of 1 progynova and will do alternate days of cyclogest for 3 days then thats it - a little scary Anyone else stopped yet???

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 9:33pm

BuffyBo I am so so sorry to hear your news. I am deeply sad for you. Cant imagine how hard it must be. I know we are all thinking of you and are here to support you.
Sending lots of love and kisses blowkiss

As for the rest of you lovely ladies I am off to the second trimester with Anna. I know thes rest of you will be joining us there soon. Will keep poppin in here to read up on how you are all getting on but will mainly be writing in the second trimester.

Lots of love
Shell xxxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 12:13am

Hi Anna, the only real currency accepted in Cuba is the US dollar would you believe!!!
We just brought those and it was perfect.
The average wage is about a dollar a day so they really cannot believe it when you tip them a dollar!
We gave one guy who had been our bar tender for the two weeks and was great to us $50 on the last night and he started to cry - I felt so bad!

Have a wonderful time and relax! X
KarrieD xxx
Karrie's IVF Diary 2!

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 6:13am

Good morning!!

Alie - I have been told to reduce cyclogest from 2 a day to 1 a day from 12 weeks (which was yesterday) and to take 1 a day until 16 weeks. But I have now stopped clexane and am weaning off the steroids. Such a joy to come off the meds!!

Clairerio - hope you aren't heavy lifting and pushing during teh school move? Make sure you doon't over do it hun x

AFM - my energy levels have definately increased, I don't feel that utter exhaustion that i had in early 1st tri. My boobs only hurt when I poke them now but I am getting back ache. Can't seem to stand for long periods or walk long distances. ow ow ow!! I am seeing the m/w again today. When I had my booking appointment last week, it was a stand in lady so the proper one called me and wants to see me. I am quite pleased as felt a little deflated after the one last week. The one today is at home too. And to top i t all off nicely, the kids have been really good the last couple of days (YAY!!!) and tomorrow we break up for the holidays - 17 days off :dance:

Hope you all have a great day!!

My diary

Spain United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 11th 2009

Children: 2 teenage sons 13 & 14 and my miracle twins Noha Martina & Oscar Noha born 7 wks early 11/10/11 RIP princess Noha <3

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 10:03am

Morning ladies

Buffy im so very sorry for you loss :( :hugs:

Looks like most of you are leaving to the 2nd trimester :) Fantastic news woohoowoohoo :congrats:

But doesn't leave many here in the 1st trimester chat :( Im 6wks+2 today so another 6 weeks to go, anyone else staying here for a few more weeks???

IVFx3
TWINS [zx076] [zx076] 7wks prem
Oscar Noha 4lb2 - Tracheal Esophageal Fistula & Esophageal Atresia
Noha Martina 3lb8 - HLHS RIP Princess
My TWIN diary

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 10:29am

Buffy, I am so sorry to hear what's happened. My thoughts are with you. :cuddle

xxxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 12:16pm

LAST POST HERE AS LEAVING FOR 2ND TRI

Well ladies tomorrow I will be moving over & I am so very ecstatic to be such a big step further along.
Never one to take anything for granted I shall continue to take every day as it comes.

We have had great happiness & great sadness in this thread during my time here.
I count atleast 5 hopeful ladies whom have lost their beautiful babies & dreams in one form or another. My heart goes out to them & I wish them all the luck & prayers in the world for the future.

On a happier note we have seen the Lovely Daisy fly past her worrysome dates & whom will be joining the 2nd Tri very soon too.
We have seen worry turn to joy as we go from just getting our BFP to each week thereafter. We have shared ecstatic scan results & cried when the have been sad.

I want to thank all you lovely ladies for all the amazing support I have had in the last 6 weeks. I joined 1st Tri just after my very first scan.
I have loved it here & I cant wait to catch up with you all in the 2nd Tri.

Love to each & everyone of you.
xxxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 5:33pm

Taxi - what a beautiful post. It's not often I get emotional but it actually brought a little tear to my eye!! Thing you summed up the last few weeks in a nutshell. Have a safe journey over to second tri & I'll see you on Wednesday over there.

My diary

Friday, April 8th 2011, 6:52am

GOOD MORNING!!

I am in a super GOOD mood today. After my naff booking appointment with the stand-in m/w, my proper m/w came to see me yesterday. She was lovely, spent an hour with me and LISTENED to me. She also was very positive about my desire for a water birth. Happy days.

And now, to top it off - it's the last day of term!! Am a little bit worried i will get quite a few Easter eggs but I will re-gift them as per usual. I'm not a chocolate fan and have actually gone off chocolate completely since being pg. (I know!!!)

Kel - don't worry, there are a few left here, and more will come along soon, for sure.

Hope you all have a great day and a super start to the weekend. I am off to a Body Shop party tonight, never been to one before.

My diary

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Friday, April 8th 2011, 8:24am

Daisy, I am also in FAB mood, it's Friday and the sun is shining

When you go to your Bodyshop party, check out the vit E range. I got the body butter during my last pg and used it on my bump throughout and even though I was rather big (that's the understatement of the year :snigger: ), I didn't get a single stretch mark and I am sure that the body butter is the reason why. The spray is also fab for applying legs/bikini line after shaving to prevent any rashes.

have a fab weekend and enjoy your time off

blowkiss to you all

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

KJ27

Ace

Friday, April 8th 2011, 12:36pm

Hi all,

Buffy I am so sorry to hear your news, I really do feel for you, words are just useless.

To everyone moving over congratulations always a relief to get past the dreaded first trimester, I so hope to join you in a couple of weeks.

I am pleased to finally have my scan date of the 19th of April, can't wait to see bubba again.

Just a quickie today as I am working.

Enjoy the sun x

KJ

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE