You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 1:11am

Mindy, I'm glad to hear the time flies cause this weeks seems to have been so long (it's only Wednesday!!)
Hoping, that is great you are telling people, I'm still undecided if we should tell people after the 9 week scan, dh really wants too!
Booboo congrates on your 12 week scan, hopefully you can relax a bit more now, we will miss you on 1st trimester chat, but we all hope to speak soon on 2nd trimester chat!!
Peony, I'm getting bad back pains too, did you go through your go or go privately?
Tinyteacher, congratulation on you BFP, I was exactly the same when I was first pregnant but the nausea is constant now!!
AFM I'm hating nights as it's making me bloated and nauseous!! Not back till Sunday now though. I'm a little worried as I've been invited out for dinner on thurs and I'm not really sure how I will cope. Has anyone else been out at all?? I'm excited about the midwife tomorrow.
Hope you all slept well and your sickness eases at work.
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 8:25am

6 weeks today! happydance

Hey everyone!

Can I ask a question about the midwife? When are you supposed to see her?

I went to my docs last Thurs to give them letter from the clinic so that they can prescribe pessaries for the next 8 weeks, it wasn't my usual doc but he is usually nice, but he just didn't seem to helpful this time. He asked if I would be goin to the clinic again and I told him when my scan was and he said ok I'll prescribe you 4 weeks pessaries and when you come back for more we'll sort the midwife out cos you'll be discharged from clinic then too, and can you ask them if you can have a flu jab! But I'll be 9 weeks by then! Will I still get in for a 12 weeks scan? Do you think I should ring the docs after scan at clinic on Sat and tell them I want to see the midwife??

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

Reg: Mar 22nd 2010

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 10:02am

Hi Shelbie,

im 11 weeks pregnant this week and took my letter to my GP's about 4 weeks ago,and heard nothing. So i rang two weeks ago and nothing had happened! they just filed my letter from Barts. Anyway I spoke to a Dr and she has referred me to a hospital (there and then cos of xmas) and i actually found out yesterday that you get allocated a midwife at around 11 weeks. So i should hear this week.
Im not sure if this is the same all around the UK. I believe there are certain blood tests that they need to do too by 12 weeks but again, im still waiting, so if i were you it wouldnt hurt to ring and find out.

Good luck and all the best.

Mel
x
Mel

x

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Children: a bun in the oven!

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 11:30am

Hi Shelbie,

i was discharged after my 7 week scan and took my letter in to see my gp. im 10 weeks now and i dont see my midwife until friday! im hoping she can get me an anointment for my scan then and there! all regions must operate in different ways.

has anyone thought about the down syndrome screening? is anyone having it done? the first part i mean where they take ya blood and measure on the scan? i spoke to my midwife yesterday and she said that i needed to have a chat with DH about whether we want to go through with the screening?? am i more at risk of Downs because i had IVF? i didnt think i was but she put the frights up me the way she was speaking about it.

DH said he doesnt want to go for the screening and to just let what be, be. but the booklet i got from my gp says if you opt out of the screening, you dont get a 12 week scan ?? :S very confused!

im back at work now, still feel sick but hey ho!

xx

bab23

IVF Nov 2010, 30 eggs, 20 embryos, 6 snow babies and a BFP!!!

MY DIARY - Mindy and Daddy Cool's pregnancy diary!

Help for Heroes Parachute Jump www.bmycharity.com/v2/stevencurry

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 11:52am

Mindy - i personally opted out of screening as me and dh wouldn't have acted on it if the baby did have downs, but its personal preference. If you are worried about it then do it, but the chances of someone our age having a baby with downs is actually quite small. And no hun, there's no more chance of your baby having any congenital disorder than a natural conception so don't think that. there are screening test for other things though (thats what the bloods are for) and it is just personal choice whether you want to know or not. It all just scared and confused me tbh....there's so many things i didn't even know could be wrong!! anyway we didn't ask for a nuchal but the sonographer told us it was clear anyway (i assume she'd not have said anything had it not been). so just you and dh have a think about it hun cos screening is something thats offered to everyone and just think about if you'd want to prepare for a baby if it had one of the conditions or if you'd rather not know for worrying. but i wouldn't get too worked up about it. The chances are you Baby is just fine. You should still get a 12 week scan though..... my m/w said i didn't have to have one cos i'd had an 8 week scan and opted out of the nuchal but i insisted so do the same.

shelbie - i'd book an apt now for your midwife hun. like everyone else says there can sometimes be a bit of a wait and they sort your 12 week scan for you so don't leave it too late.

mim - hope your scans going well today hun.

adreamz - hope your midwife apt goes well tomorrow hun. you should be getting your 12 week scan booked then i assume?

AFM - i still feel sick!!! thought at week 12 it might ease off, its not as bad i suppose but i still feel ukky! naughty Buba making me sick...lol. It was comforting to have symptoms before 12 weeks but i hope it eases off now.

x x x x

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 12:56pm

Shelbie, I was told you see your midwife at 8 weeks but it could be different around the country. However I was told to
Contact them as soon as I found out so she could advise me on diet etc so I'd get the number from your go surgery and give then a call, can't do no harm.

Hi Melanie, nearly finished the 1st trimester. Have you got your scan booked for week 12?

Mindy, the biggest question is what would you do with the answer? If it came back positive would it change anything, if not then it might just be something that will worry you throughout. A friend of mine was 43 when she got pregnant and was really high risk but she said she would do nothing about it anyway so she didn't have any tests!

Booboo, today I'm wearing the travel wrist bands and nausea is better, have you tried them?

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 1:23pm

Shelbie - I saw my GP first at 8 weeks who then said I needed to see the midwife. I saw her at 9+3 and she didn't really do much other than take some info and say she would fax the hospital we chose and to wait to hear from them re our booking in apt. I'm 12 weeks a week today so hoping I get an appointment through for the back end of next week or early the week after. I suspect it is different around the country xx

Mindy - not sure if you saw a post I put a week or so ago about the downs test. My midwife asked if we wanted it and after a lot of thought DH and I said we didn't, basically because we wouldn't do anything if it was high risk, we'd still keep the baby, so no point putting myself under any stress and risking the pregnancy. We said we'll deal with it when it's born but as Booboo says the odds are in our favour for all to be OK. I'm 33 and I think for women in their 30's it's a 1 in 1500 chance of it having downs. In your 20's I'm sure my booklet says 1 in 2,400. It's a personal choice at the end of the day hun. You do what you feel is right xx P.S. I don't think we're friends on Facebook? I haven't put anything on my status about being pregnant. Keeping it secret from my Facebook friends until we've had the next scan. Only told close friends and family up to now xx

Mim - any news hun? xx

AFM - I had some pink spotting this morning. Only a small amount but as usual worryness kicks in. I don't have any cramps and haven't had anymore but keeping an eye on it. I was sick this morning after breakfast and my boobs are throbbing when I'm outside so as long as I have those signs I'll try and stay calm lol.

Hi to everyone else

xxx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 1:27pm

hi boo boo and adreamz. it wouldnt bother me or DH in the slightest if our baby did have and disorder. its our baby and would be loved and cherished regardless the m/w just scared me half to death the way she was talking. i still want my scan though lol. DH is coming to m/w appointment with me and he is better at asking the right questions and stuff so i will just take a back seat on friday and listen to whats said. even if there was something wrong, i wouldnt have part 2 of the test where they test ur placenta or amniotic fluid anyways so id probably just worry if the test did come back inconclusive so i think il not bother. i was also reading about the false positive rate too so i think its too draining on ya emotions! ignorance is bliss!

Adreamz, i have those wrist bands but for me they dont work :( i can deal with the 24/7 nausea its the vomiting i cant deal wih! m/w put me at rest yesterday saying it wont harm the baby whatsoever and if im not eating, baby will feed off my fat storage! i have plenty of that! lol.

today im feeling nauseas but im dragged my butt into work and have had a rather productive day so far, im about to venture out to find some lunch though i havent decided what im having yet. last night (after i managed to calm my stomach down) i had a fancy for a large big mac meal and a hamburger on the side! i managed to keep it down though it made me feel sick after, but everything makes me feel sick nowadays so i might as well eat food i enjoy! ive not had 1 meal the same as DH for about 2 weeks now bless him, hes at his wits end, he doesnt know what to do with me. on the upside though, he is crazy about my miniscule bump! he actually talks to it instead of e now! lol. asking it questions about where mammy has taken it that day etc etc! bless him! i cant wait until he can feel him moving inside me, i think he will cry! lol xxx

bab23

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 1:34pm

eee hoping is it not u? maybe its boo boo?? i got added by a Danielle Waller, (il not forget her name as my name is danielle too!) she announced she was expecting the other day! lololol i must have gotten mixed up with who is who! lol :S

i think we are gonna opt out of it. im 23 so i am low risk. a friend of mine she was high risk and she didnt have the second part of the test, she is due now so im waiting to hear from her about whether her lil one has downs or not. she had part 1 of test but said if it came back as positive for downs, it wouldnt influence her decision to keep the baby. im the same as u. it wouldnt affect me at all so im just gonna opt out.

dont worry about ur spotting hun, especially if it was pink, it happened to me in week 6 after BDing! we have a lot of capillaries down there now and they are full of blood supposedly, a lady called brave girl old me its quite common to have light spotting as long as its not heavy :) xxxxx

bab23

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 1:42pm

Mindy - if u wouldn't bother acting on the results f fthe screening then personally i wouldn't bother withit then hun. same as me and dh, i'd rather not worry about it and there is a chance of a false positive. also the nuchal is only a probability not an answer, so they'd say u have a 1 in 500 for e.g chance of having downs and then u'd decide from there if to have the amnio. but i wouldn't like the amnio either cos of the risk of m/c. i'm sure you'll make the right decision for u and dh, don't be pushed or scared into anything. btw.... i think it must have been my fb status you saw!! I am Danielle waller lol. i'm 12 weeks and after we had the 12 weeks scan we decided we can tell people now. sorry your still feeling sick hun. i am too..... and i thought it'd be easing off my now!

Hoping - i'm sure the pink spotting is nothing but it sure does give us a fright doesn't it. after your 10 weeks scan and your symptoms i'm sure evrything is fine though so glad your not worrying too much over it. its very common to spot, it just puts the frightners up us.

adreamz - i might try the sickness bands. i've gone this long without trying them cos i thought i'd be less sick after 12 weeks so just persivered. i suppose it doesn't just stop over night though....maybe in a weeks time or so it might wear off.

oh i also keep craving 'rubbish unhealthy' food. i have a thing for curry at the mo! but whatver i eat i feel sick afterwards :S me and dh haven't had the same meal as much recently either. he made a lovely veg risotto last night but i just couldn't stomach it, i had to have cheese on toast and milk instead. its funny whats happening to our bodies......

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 2:17pm

eee Boo Boo im sorry my pregnancy brain is getting you and hoping mixed up!! lol. i knew it was one of u! lol.

im also craving unhealthy foods, im wolfing down a subway as i speak! im feeling so sick though im just eating whatever i fancy in the hope i can keep it down! i feel sick constantly too! im 10 weeks and i keep counting down the days till im in the 2nd trimester so hopefully i can stop feeling so ill! in my defence however, i got my subway with salad in! lol. i cant wait for my 12 week scan now! xxxxx

bab23

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 3:54pm

Anyone heard from mim? hope everythings ok! xx

bab23

jodiedoo

Ireland

Reg: Mar 20th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
All's great here

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 4:14pm

Hi girls
Mind if I join in? I have been keeping up with you ladies but was too scared to join until today. I was spotting at 6 weeks and was referred to the EPU, had a scan today and all seems to be going well with LO and have been discharged from EPU today :thumbsup: My m/s has been bad from time to time but seems to have eased over the last couple of days. I've waited for my scan today to make sure all was going well before I went back to my GP to get an appoinment for the midwife. I have been off work for 3 weeks but am back tomorrow so don't know how I'm gonna be :8o:
TTC 10 years..... Me 41 Dh 48 Jodie's ICSI Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 4:44pm

Hope you don't mind me jumping in!!!

I noticed that some of your were talking about the blood screening and were unsure of whether to have it or not. I am by no means a medic but the NT Scan is far more accurate if you want to know if something is potentially wrong or not. There are so many stories about the blood tests being inaccurate and giving false worries to so many people. I would in no way ever say 'don't have it done' but think long and hard about it first.

I refused to have either the bloods or the NT Scan but during my routine 12 week scan they found NT issues and that is how I found out something was wrong. They never offered me the bloods as they said the NT was more accurate.

Just a thought.
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 5:33pm

Hi everyone,

There's been a lot of action on here today and I can't keep up with all the posts. welcome to all newcomers!

Bit worried today as my symptoms seem to have gone. Not really got the sore boobs that I have had for the last 3 weeks and not been nausous - felt slighly yucky when I got up but it passed qickly and since then nothing. I thought I would be relieved to feel OK but I'm really not. I've even eaten normally today. How would I know if anything was wrong? Don't see the midwife until next friday and then god knows when scan will be - I'll be almost 9 weeks by the time I see the midwife. Sorry to be so depressing.....it's true what everyone says - we moan when we're ill and then worry like mad when we're not!!

Hope everyone is OK x

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 5:48pm

wow there is loads of people on here now!! ive only been a away a day!! i think (working nights still confuses me lol)

how is everyone?? congrats on all the BFP and scans!!! so exciting isnt it

all is well with me had to go out today and buy more bras!! haha ive gone from a B/C cup to a C/D cup already!! oh no! haha and found my bras from breastfeeding my 1st they are DD & E cup!! roll on the big boobies for a while at least hehe

everyone at work (both my jobs) know now that im expecting!! the worst kept secret ever haha the midwife wanted me togo see her friday but im working and cant get it off :( hope she has another appointment soon!!!?? only 3 more weeks till my 12 week scan (i hope)
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 5:56pm

Hi everyone,

Got my BFP on Monday, so thought I would post here. Am excited, but scared of something going wrong. Never been pregnant before and we were told we only had a 1% chance of conceiving naturally and 10-15% with ICSI. So a bit of a miracle! Waiting for first scan - does anyone know if they will be able to tell me if it is twins then? Or would that be later?
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 6:19pm

Woohoo loads of peeps now!

Hello and welcome to JodieDoo and CathCat!

JodieDoo its sounds like you have had a rough few weeks, but great that its all back on track now.
CathCat congratulations on your miracle, thats amazing! At your first scan around 6-7 weeks they should be able to see the heartbeats and so you will know if its 2 or one by then, how exciting, we have a few twins on here already, fingers crossed for you.

Rocky - My symptoms disappeared for a day as well, and I cacked it! I put it down to just eating well the day before, but maybe its just one of those weird things that happens when you are pregnant. Dont worry Im sure you will be vomming with the best tomorrow. :happy:

Was reading some of the posts earlier on my phone at work....naughty...and read that BooBoo just fancies curry, well thats it, Im having to have one tonight...been particularly gaggy today, its only a matter of time before it gets to full blown ms! My food choices have been ok so far, but recently been fancying crap too, last night was a Wimpy style cheese burger, chips and a milkshake....ooh actually could murder one now...

On the tests, I dont think that we are going to go for any either, even though I will be 39 when I give birth, the stats for wrong diagnosis are quite high (well higher than I would like) and I dont think that I could go through with either the worry to full term if the tests were positive or choosing not to continue. I beleive that if there is anything drastically wrong with the bubba then they will pick it up anyway and we shall deal with each day as it comes and make the choices that seem right at the time. As someone else said, ignorance is bliss.
Hayley - Ive been following your story and think that you are amazing. x

Adreamz - I went privately direct to a clinic that I have been to before. It was only £38, I thought it better to get it looked at earlier on. Its a bit better today but not 100%. Need to sort out some decent shoes and my chair position at work....thought about taking a excersize ball in, they really will wonder who the hell I think I am then!!

I have my docs appoint to register tomorrow, so shoudl find out about midwife and how long Im likely to wait for my next scan...will update.

Ok curry is nearly here, speak later

xx
:jilly:
babydust
1st IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - bfn
Adenomyosis diagnosed May 2010
Zoladex Treatment Jul-Sep 2010
2nd IVF November 2010 - BFP!!!
6w One [zx076] seen 23 Dec 2011
10w One Jumping Baby [zx075] seen 22 January 2011
12w6d Laid back Baby [zx075] seen 10 Feb 2011

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 6:22pm

:hello:

Thanks so much for all your replies! I think i will phone docs on Monday after scan and ask the receptionist.

Wow there is a lot of us on here! The December delights did really well! :clap

Cath they should be able to see if there's one or two in there at the clinic, that's what I am excited about, after knowing everything is ok of course.

Hi Hayley :hello: I'm sorry about your diagnosis, I've just looked it up on google cos not heard of it, what is happening at the moment? I'll pop over to your diary x

I think I will have the Nuchal thingy, but maybe not bloods, from what I've been reading they cause more worry than anything. I am a bit worried about Downs being 36, I always said i would go ahead whatver but now I am older I wonder if it would be fair to bring them into the world when I may be too old myself to look after them as they get older....but then I think how great they are and how they can lead normal lives now when in years gone by they were given short life expectancies and written off bascially. I just won't know how I feel until I am in that situation.......sorry for waffling, hope I haven't upset anyone.....

God, my boobies last nite in bed were so uncomfortable and sore! They have been sore since BFP but bearable. I love all these symptoms though, it helps me to think everything is going ok nailbite My nausea comes and goes, it usually comes on about half an hour after a meal, but been wearing those bands, I hate them, they are so tight, but they are working at the moment!!

I've been eating what I fancy too! I always do the cooking at home so DF eats what I eat! I saw people eating taglielle carbonara the other nite on tv so guess what we had to eat last nite??? :snigger: Can't get enough of satsumas/clementines, i will be looking like one soon! I used to have healthy wraps for lunch at work followed by a yoghurt but gone off them and all I want is sandwhiches and crisps, followed by a clementine of course :snigger:

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 6:24pm

congrats on all the new bfp's!

cath you will find out at your scan if its twins!

hayley, ive read your diary hun, so sorry to hear about your lil one but fro what i read shes a lil fighter! hope all goes well!

i think im of the attitude ignorance is bliss. if there was a problem at the scan i hope they tell me but if not id rather not worry myself sick on what ifs.

Rocky- symptoms come and go, try not to worry too much, if they still aint back in a couple of days though, ring your midwife!

my midwife is over the moon my sickness is so bad, she says its a really strong pregnancy sign, i was like hmph easy for you to say! lol.

mum82- i dont know how your managing 2 jobs, i can barely stand going to work for the one ive got at the min lol. im so tired, i wish i could just go to sleep and wake up in the second trimester! lol. also about the boobies. i had a growth spurt a while back, but they havent budged since :( wish theyd get a move on, ive always wanted to actually own a pair of breasts lol!

xxxxxx

bab23

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 6:39pm

Evening ladies

There is a lot of action in here isn't there? Great that we're getting lots of BFP's!!

Mindy & Booboo - thanks for the reassurance re spotting. I haven't had anymore thank god. It's happened 3 times now, a bit around 7 weeks, then at 9 and again today at 11 weeks. It was pink when I wiped but appears brown in the panty liner. I'm not going to stress about it though as I have been sick again since I got home from work and still struggling to eat anything so I still have my pregnancy signs. I can't wait to announce my news on Facebook. I keep going over in my head what to put as my status lol xx

Welcome Cathcat and Jodiedoo and congraulations on your BFP's. This thread is so supportive xx

Rocky - I would be exactly like you. Cherish the moment you don't feel sick hun cos it will probably come back with a vengence tomorrow lol xx

Mum82 - how you manage the sickness as well as 2 jobs and a young child I do not know!! I feel pretty useless compared to you lol xx

Shelbie - my boobs are sore too. They throb when I am outside in the cold, like someone is putting a cheese grater against my nipples. I was a 34B but had to buy some maternity bras in a 36C and already they are feeling tight. I believe they get bigger the further you get - DH will be hapy!! x

Mim - anxiously waiting to hear your news hun. Hope you're Ok xx

AFM - despite some light spotting this morning I still feel sick and my boobs are sore so I am taking that as a good sign. Can't believe I'm 11 weeks today. 12 weeks can't come soon enough! Not heard from the hospital yet re my next scan.

Does anyone else have a horrible weird taste in their mouth after eating? It's not metallic, just a horrible dry taste and nothing relieves it, not even water.

:xxx3:

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 6:48pm

i get that taste in my mouth sometimes hoping.

smells also knock me funny now!

xxx

bab23

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 7:01pm

I am feeling a little bit yucky again so I'm sure everything is fine (it's just nowhere near as bad as it has been) - will see what tomorrow brings.
Hoping - I have the same dry thing going on in my mouth - very unusual and drinking doesn't cure it. It's like being really dehydrated with a hangover but nothing makes it better. It comes and goes.
I feel like my stomach is the size of a house. Feeling really bloated for so early on.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 7:04pm

Do you know what makes me gag - having to take the pregnacare tablets and omega 3? They're so big and I dread taking them each evening but try and remember that it's goodness for my LO. Sometimes the Omega 3 gets stuck in my throat.

Spoke to mum before and she was telling me that a couple of her work colleagues had morning sickness, ones stopped at 8 weeks and the other went on till 16 weeks!! I really hope it eases after next week.

Booboo - as someone who is a week ahead of me, did your belly suddenly grow from 10 weeks? The past few days mine is looking much fuller and I feel very bloated and have a stretchy tight feeling. The area above my vagina (sorry TMI) looks like it's sticking out and swollen.. I'm taking it as a good sign that my LO is growing rapidly but just mad how all of sudden it is become noticeable.

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 8:08pm

My not so good scan

Hope all of you are doing well , I went for the 4th time today to get scanned and the good news were things are growing, the many bad news are the yolk sac has gone from 6.9mm to 8.3mm and they were not able to pick up the HB (however they said they maybe and need to see next time as last time they could not see Lo), so I don’t know how I feel right now :bawl: X( , I am glad I got pregnant after nearly 8 years but if it doesn’t turn out ok it is like someone from up there laughed at us (sorry I am so angry and upset too). I am going back in two weeks to see what happens , the doctors said today that it can go either way next time , but the large yolk sac may indicates abnormality in the baby , strange last time the yolk was smaller but they freaked this time they saw LO and they didn’t talk about the yolk at all only when I asked them about it . I know things can change overnight just like they went from good scan day to bad scan day so I have a little hope.And on top of all this have been with this bad flu/virus since 27th dec but cant take anything .
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 8:43pm

min glad things are growing hun and fingers crossed for your next scan xxxxxx big hugs xxx

hoping with my 1st one i was sick till 4months but i was just sick up till lunch time then was fine!! this one is all day long hehe & yes i get the taste too not nice!!

rocky i felt a little bit better 2day too maybe its a good sign and means its easing off hun! oh and my tummy is massive too!!

mindy i dont know how i manage it too but one job i just eat all day teh other one i do nights at ASDA stacking shelfs and have a few breaks to eat the rest of the time i sniff the mints and chewing gum while on sweets hehehe they all think im mad but it seems to work hehe

shelibie hey hun welcome!! my DH has to eat whats he is given too last week or so he had to have mash everynight as thats all i wanted was funny!

cathcat welcome hun! and congrats we were also told our % without icsi was 10% we had my son 5yrs ago natural our icsi % this time was 25% and our 1st icsi was a sucess!! yehhh its such a great feeling isnt it??? did you have isci hun?

wow i think i got everyone!! sorry if i missed anyone! im off to make my self more food!! haha cheese celery sandwich for now!! yum yum no wonder this baby is big! xx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: Two the way!

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 8:48pm

Mim I'm sorry that you still have no clear answers, it must be very hard for you! Please try and stay positive, we are all praying for you! --- I'm on my phone again today so can't do personals but wanted to welcome all newbies, congratulations on your bfp's. Its so nice to see so many people here. I'm still in shock that I'm having twins but feel very blessed. The morning sickness has kicked in today, I've been feeling awful all afternoon, I was sure ms was going to pass me by as I've not had anything until today but I'm not complaining :-) hope you are all having a lovely evening xxx
[zx076] [zx076] seen at 6w5d scan
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN
2nd IVF with ICSI SEP 2009 - BFN
3rd IVF with ICSI Dec 2010 - :BFP:
2008 - 6 x cycles of clomid all BFN

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 9:11pm

Evening ladies,

Rocky - am going to tell my Head, she knows I had IVF and was really supportive. I was due to go for a review meeting on Tues. to see why our IVF failed and I had already booked the time off...so I need to cancel that and tell her about the new midwife appt,

I did think about saying it had been switched to a different day, but then I thought she has a duty of care to make sure I am ok at work, so actually don't want to be given massive projects etc at the moment, so thought it wojuldn't hurt to tell her. Plus she has two small kids herself so is very empathetic.

BooBoo - yes, I think we were in the November Clovers together....but funny that it didn't work for me then, despite all the drugs, rummaging around with my ovaries, legs akimbo and embryo trasferring etc! Oh the delights! And the funny thing is, I had given up all hope of us conceiving naturally, that for the first time in the last 2 1/2 years, I didn't do my usual gymnastics trick, the 'upside down plank' position, legs on the wall for 5 hours after BDing and still got BFP. Very strange!!!!!

I have got low AMH, 11.76, and I know that if your have low AMH which is the same as being an older mum, there are less eggs in the 'pot' there is more chance of having a baby with an abnormality....am I right???????????????????

Am worrying about the Downs situation, and have read someone has been writing about it on here.

I will definetly get tested, haven't spoken to DH about it yet, but have taught a child with Downs and have quite an understanding about what life can be like for Downs children.

I am waking up in the night convincing myself I have got a) an ectopic pregnancy or b) a child with difficulties beause of the low AMH.

Bring on the 12 week scan for peace of mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and woke up last night 3.30am, awake till 5.30am - sickness!!!!!! That'll teach me to say I haven't had any ms, just didn't expect it to be so early in the morning!!!!!!

6 weeks tomorrow.

Sorry for lack of personals, have rambled on and back is now killing and eyes are nearly closed.

Tiny Teacher

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tinyteacher" (Jan 5th 2011, 9:13pm)

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 8:23am

Hi everyone! :hello:

I don't feel pregnant today :sniff: my boobies hurt less, the last two nites I haven't had to get up for a wee, I didn't feel sick last nite, so now am worried its all gone wrong :headache two more sleeps till the scan, it can't come soon enough, I don't know how people wait till 12 weeks, this is the longest wait of my life! :rant:

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 8:24am

Just a quick one for Mim. How confusing, upsetting and frustrating for you, it's growing but it doesn't look good?! I really feel for you hun and still have everything crossed that you have a little fighter in there. If things don't work out please do take comfort in the fact that you got pregnant naturally hun, that is a massive achievement for us ladies with PCOS. I'll keep an eye on your diary. Take care sweetie xx

Ellabella - you'll probably have double the morning sickness lol! They say it can be worse with twins.

I've woke up feeling not so bad this morning. Still early though but could this be the start of the m/s easing?! I hope so!! Or do I? Cos then I may panic LOL!

I hope I get a letter from the hospital today for my next scan, don't like not having a date to look forward to!

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 9:10am

wow - i've only been gone sinse yesterday afternoon and so many posts already!!!

Firstly Mim - so sorry to hear your scan wasn't very conclusive. i bet its so hard for you at the mo. its awful living in limbo, i only had to do it for 2 days when i was bleeding and that was so awful so i can't imagine how u feel with all this going from one week to the next hun. you and your LO are in my prays and i hope u get better news at your next scan. its a good sign LO is growing though hun, maybe its a fighter you have in there.

And HUGE congrats to all the newies in here and BFP's :thumbsup: good to see we've had a couple of good months of BFP's cos October was dreadful.

Hoping - yeah hun i seemed to show early, especially the past few weeks. i stated off only small anyway so i guess it can show quicker or weight gain be more obvious. by 8 weeks my tummy started to pop out abit and then my hips started to widen and then over the last 2 weeks i really have seen a difference. i think i actually look 4 months not 3 months preg...lol. your uterus expands so even though the baby is small at the mo you can still show abit and you may put weight on around your tum. i have like pulling sensations sometimes, like if i stretch too much it'd pull something. and i'm always feeling like niggles and aches, i think its just the uterus getting bigger and LO getting snug. i used to worry about it but i'm used to it now!

sorry no personals for everyone but i'm at work so shouldn't really be on here...lol.

Glad to here most of us are doing fine with lots of symptomns. i did find that sometimes i'd have better days than others though so if u are having a symptom free day i'd prob just make the most of it and try not to worry too much. also some people don't have sickness all the ways through 1st tri and others have it for longer so i;m sure its just a case of different strokes for different folks.

will pop by later..... i'll have to keep up if its getting so busy inhere : D

x x x x

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 9:12am

oh and btw...... i have sickness bands on today so lets see how they go......

they are rather tight though :pinch:

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 11:03am

Morning ladies, it's my turn for panic stations, I've had a light bleed/ spotting! Couldn't get in touch with my midwife so I'm waiting for my dr to ring back. I'm panicking like mad now! Xx

bab23

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 11:39am

Mindy hun - spotting is quite common, it seems to have happened quite alot in here. Is is bright red and lots of it or is it more red/brown and just spotting not a full flow? when i spotted it was just a blob i suppose in my knickers and it was red/brown rather than bright red and it was all ok. if your really worried could you ring your GP if u can't get intouch with your midwife? Hope its all ok hun, try not to panic too much yet, its probably fine x x x x

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 11:55am

It was neither it was an orangey red! Lol. I'm waiting for the gp to ring me back just for reassurance xx

bab23

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 12:53pm

Well it's been very eventful on here!! I read all the messages last night but didn't gave the energy to write.
Mim I'm so sorry your scan wasn't as good as you hoped but all is not lost yet so stay positive xxx. It actually scared me because my 1st scan photo the sac seemed so big in comparison to the tiny baby and I have been wondering why they wanted to re-scan me (really feel them offering it to
Me so I can see hands and feet a little strange), so went into panic last night and didn't sleep (which was not great as I only had 4 hours yesterday)
Mindy, many have commented on spotting so don't worry yourself too much (pot calling kettle black I know), has the go rang back yet?
Welcome to all the new BFP's, the cold weather obviously got us in the vedroom more last month!!
Yesterday was a nightmare, the midwife forgot our appointment which is never a good sign!! She called me later on and went through all the questions over the phone so that she could get my 12week scan request sent (let's just hope she doesn't forget to post it!!) she thinks they will scan me at 11weeks from last period therefore a week early but I'm pleased because we have a bog party that weekend and I don't think I will be able to hide it!!
I've been feeling really bad again today so just treated myself to macD milkshake (oops), a little better since. Booboo I found the bands really tight and u developed a headache but I haven't had much sleep so I'm going to persevere again tomorrow.
Rocky and shelbie don't worry about the symptoms too much, as you know mine have come and go and I always get worried, then they come back with a vengeance!!
I decided not to go put for dinner tonight (will let the girls know soon) as I realty find dinner time my worst!!
When does the vomiting start

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 12:57pm

Mindy - how's the spotting? Was it only a bit this morning? That's what I have had had hun, it was a browny orange colour in my panty liner. It was only when I wiped yesterday that it looked pink but on the panty liner it is browny orange. I haven't had anymore since thank god so hopefully OK. It is very worrying. Likelihood is your doctor will say unless it's red and your in pain then don't worry. Easier said than done though eh! xx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 1:38pm

I know some of you ladies are not wanting to have the swine flu jab but have you seen the latest news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-12121635

It's so sad. I was on the train this morning and overhead a passanger tell another passenger that he had just overcome swine flu!! I would've shot off that train if I hadn't had my jab.

I know it's down to personal choice at the end of the day but just wanted to bring this to your attention as a caring first trimester buddy.

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 4:16pm

Hi everyone,

Mim - i'm realy sorry to hear about your scan. I can't imagine what you must be going through and awful that you will have to wait another 2 weeks. Tryto keep yourself as healthy as possible - eat los of citrus fruits for your flu and try to rest x

I can't keep up with everyone's posts today!! Tiny teacher - I'm not telling my head yet - she has no children and is not symathetic - we are expecting Ofsted anytime and everything is geared towards that. I phoned in sck for a week for the IVF teatment so she knows nothing about it. Think i will have to make something up. It's annoyingbecause the midwife only works on a Friday morning so not much choice of appointmet times.

Shelbie - you are not alone with the lacvk of symptoms - same here - although I am feeling sick occasionally but not as bad as over Xmas? Don't know why cos I'm only 7.4 weeks so feel as though it should be worse.

Mindy try not to worry - as other people have said spotting isqite common and I'msure it's nothing to worry about.

As for me - (TMI) my wee smells? Can't really describe it just a smell that I haven't come across before - but not very nice really. Anyone else got that?

Hi to anyone else that I've not mentioned and hope you're all OK x

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 4:46pm

Thanks girls I think I'm ok, I had to come home from work today because of the sickness so the spotting just topped the lot off! For some stupid reason I told my mam about tge spotting so she's out of her mind with worry!

Hoping I'm gonna speak to my midwife tomorrow about tge flu jab it is more and more worrying!

Sorry can't do personals as I'm on my phone but hope everyone is hanging in thee! I think I'm gonna nip off and get some rennie for this heartburn and indigestion xx

bab23

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 5:08pm

:hi:

Rocky, I've noticed my wee smells strong too, now I'm not sure if this is cos I have an enhanced sense of smell or its just what happens in preg! :snigger: The cleaner at work was using some different disinfectant today, smelled like Dettol and I've always hated the smell of Dettol anyway but it smelled sooo strong and horrible :yuk:

re: the swine flue jab, I think I will def be getting this as i know women who have had it and their babies turned out fine, also saw a preg woman on the news last nite who had gotten complications due to swine flu and had been in hospital for weeks, missing out on Xmas too. But not so sure about the normal flu jab, as I understand this is now being offered to preg women, I've had it before but I wasn't preg then and worried about the effect on baby, is normal flu a big risk to preg women????

Still no big preg symptoms today, not felt sick much, also not eaten as much as usual or been to loo as much :headache I know symtoms come and go but its so worrying when they stop or ease off isn't it? I said to someone the other day, I want to hurl as then I know everything is ok!

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 5:09pm

P.S Mindy, I hope your spotting stops, what a worrying time :sadface: :xxx3:

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 5:32pm

hi all

well what a day! the sickness seems better again 2day & i went to play netball which was fab although quite energetic!! i loved it but did think after it might have been abit too much exercise for 9weeks preg!! midwife rang me today to make appointment should have really ask her but i forgot! she was fab because i work so much im seeing her next tue at 5.30 at the hospital! very nice of her! had a whole day off today was soooo nice!!!

mindy hope u got everything sorted hun

hope everyone else is good!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 6:10pm

I have had strange smelling wee since I got pregnant and I also get that strange taste in my mouth after eating (mentioned yesterday) not sure if these are true pregnancy signs but very coincidental if not!!
Mindy I'm glad the spotting has stopped.
Well I'm ready to crash now? Just waiting for dh to come home and cook me tea, mind I've eaten loads while waiting!!
I hope everyone has a good evening
Xxx

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 6:21pm

Just a quick one. Was anyone else advised not to BD until 12 weeks?

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 6:39pm

I have the smelly wee too lol! I thought it was the pessaries making down there smelly - are we all on them though?

Well I have had quite a good day today with regards to sickness, as in I haven't really felt sick. I was getting hungry sick after breakfast but went out for lunch with a friend and had a big bowl of noodles and do you know it has kept me full all afternoon and the sickness at bay. Starting to feel a bit hungry sick now though so DH is making me oven chips and gravy - I think this is my pregnancy craving you know lol!

Oh and I decided to ring my hospital today, the one we have chosen to have the baby at, as my husband has a conference in a couple of weeks, so was hoping it wouldn't clash. Anyway, the lady I spoke to at first said no details had been submitted for me, and I thought great, here we go, but then after some rummaging she found something that says I have an appointment with their midwife on 18th January. She said though that I may not have the scan that day, it may be another day. ?o( I thought they did everything in the one appointment(?) as it will be a pain to have to go back for a scan plus I'll be nearly 13 weeks then. So, when the letter eventually arrives confirming my appointment I will ring them to ask if I am having a scan that day too.

At least I have a date to look forward to now and fingers crossed we will have a scan then too if not before. I just want this scan to tell me everything is still OK and then I can tell everyone my news.. I don't want to tell people at 12 weeks (next Weds) until I have had this scan.

Anyway, I'm waffling now sorry.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 6:53pm

Hi ladies,

Gosh there are lots of people here - looking forward to getting to know you all. Somebody asked re low AMH level and risks of abnormality, which sent me into a panic, as that is what I have. BUT DH reminded me that we asked the consultant that and she has told me that the AMH levels are more to do with diffs conceiving even through ICSI and once you get to the pregnancy stage, it is just the same risk as anyone else. So I hope that helps. Still waiting for date of first scan - thanks to those who told me I will find out if it's twinsor ot then. Fingers crossed! xfingers
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Children: none yet

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 8:35pm

Ellabella - congratulations hun! Let your twins grow grow grow! :balloons:

BooBoo - I am so happy for you. This is perfect. Now you can start proper bonding with Buba! :congrats:

My Diary

1# ICSI: Jan 2009 (Create): :BFN:
2# ICSI: March 2010 (Wessex): :BFP: - early loss
3# ICSI: Nov 2010 (ARGC): :BFP:
6 & 7 wk scan :heart: :heart: seen
8,9,10 wk scan :heart: seen
Immune issues

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 8:45pm

Hi all blowkiss

Mim - hope you are feeling better after the flu? How are you coping with the wait? What a difficult time, try to keep busy and distract yourself....very easy for me to say, but maybe a way to get through to the next scan. I know this is different, but my friend was told all through her pg that the baby was HUGE, too big, etc etc. When the baby was born he was a healthy 8lb 6oz, then my SIL was told her baby was tiny....he came and was a normal size too.

I know that's not the same as what you're going through...but they can get things wrong and cause needless worry (I am sure it is needless for you :hugs: .)

Well, I know this is prob. TMI, but I have horrendous breath all the time and a yellow furry tongue which I NEVER normally have.

Also, my wee smells weird too and I am not on pessaries because we (miraculously) conceived naturally. Plus have got very thick and almost chalky discharge, which is a new one.

Hope you are not all :puke: with my information?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

My symptoms come and go. Need to pee every two minutes...that's a constant and up at least once in the night. Sickness feeling comes and goes, has been in the early hours of the morning and around breakfast time. Not actually vommed yet though.

Sore boobs, but nothing major.

Still have AF like pains now and again which sends me into a panic and off to the loo to knicker check!!!!!!!!!!!! [zx153]

Cathcat - thanks for the info. re;low AMH. mine is 11.76. What is yours?

Adreamz - read in my zita west book that she advises not to BD until 12 weeks. DH has been told!!!!!!!!!

Have had my hair highlighted tonight [zx102] , but googled it, as I had heard it was not advisable as the chemicals are transferred to the foetus, but it said the risk was extremely minimal and no conclusive results have been found to link miscarriage and hair dye. Highlighting was better than a full head of dye.

Mindy - hope you are ok, resting and the spotting has stopped.

TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

United Kingdom

Friday, January 7th 2011, 9:16am

morning,

hope everyone is ok! i have an appointment with the midwife today at 2pm and i am going to mention the spotting. there was a tiny tiny bit when i got up this morning so i think its safer if i just let her know. i actually feel as if im going to come on though :( still got the sickness so i am clinging on to that for dear life! lol.

tiny teacher- i am a hairdresser by trade. dont listen to any information that you get regarding colouring your hair when pregnant! its a load of crap! its perfectly safe to colour your hair. if it wasnt there would be warning signs on home colouring kits etc and there isnt. my hair is platinum blonde and i use bleach to get it that blonde which is painted directly onto my scalp and no harm comes to the baby. to put your mind at rest however, you say you have had highlights? that indicates to me you may have had them pulled through a cap or in foil? if so, you definately have nothing to worry about as the colour wont have gone anywhere near your scalp and it can not absorb into your blood system via your hair strands so you seriously have nothing to worry about :)

mum82- i dunno how you have managed to play netball! you are superwoman! lol.

mim- hope your feeling better xx

and to anyone else ive missed, hope you are all well xxxxxx

bab23

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE