You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 10:24am

:congrats: to Allie, Claireo and Nicster on seeing the lovely little heartbeats!!! [zx076] [zx076] [zx076]

So happy for you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 10:58am

Morning ladies

Think i said congrats to Clairerio yesterday so :congrats: to Alie and Nicster too. Fab news guys. Roll on those second scans. I have a week till my 12 week scan at hospital and time couldn't be crawling along any slower. Even thought about going back to work to pass time a bit quicker but DH doesn't think it's a great idea. I was doing supply work at a local nursery but to be honest i was getting a bug/cold every other week and my health is just bit too precious right now. :poorly:

At least the sun is shining and i dont know about anyone else but it's def lifted my mood these last few days. Also, DH and me have had our posting to Scotland confirmed yesterday so spent all evening telling my folks/family and friends i'm coming home!!!! Quite excited about bubba being born in Scotland, yipee!! happydance

Have a good day ladies!!

xx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 12:24pm

:balloons: :congrats: :balloons: :rainbow: I can leave Ballons today.

Congrats Nicster Allie & Claireo on the :heart: :heart: :heart:

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 29th 2007

Children: Thanks to IVF a beautiful little boy

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 6:02pm

Dear Confused my heart is aching for you, I can only guess what you are going through.

Allie, Claireo and Nicster Big Big Congrats :clap

Ladies Keep Smiling biggrin2
TTC since 2004
2008 started IVF Dec 2008 :BFP:
11/09/09 bab22

TTC naturaly since

26/02/2011 :BFP: Sadly ended at 11 weeks

17/09/2011 :BFP: Sadly ended at 6 weeks

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 6:44pm

Nicster - [zx126] YAY for a heartbeat!!! [zx126]

huge congratulations:)

Anna - how was your second scan? been thinking about you!! Hope you have a piccie you can share xx

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 8:02pm

Hey Ladies,

thanks for the luck, it paid off as we saw our perfect little bean with a super strong heartbeat, 175bpm [zx076] which we heard as it was a stomach scan..... no more dildo cam! all measurements perfect for 9+1.

the Consultant said if you make it to 10 weeks with a strong heartbeat, the m/c risk drastically drops, am :pray: we all get there

hope you are all having nice evenings
xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 8:09pm

Oh that's great Anna!! no more dildo cam too - PHEW!! i really hope I get to that stage.

Now put your feet up and relax

xx

My diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 23rd 2010

Children: Crazy Jake!

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 8:09pm

Confused and Shell, my heart aches for you both, so sorry for you. Keep strong and get plenty of hugs.
Clairerio, Alie and Nicster, many :congrats: to you all. It must seem a bit more real now, hey?
AFM, not much to report. I'm still spotting on and off, nobody has any idea why. Current thinking is that my progesterone levels are so high that my lady bits have a bit more blood supply than they normally would at this stage. They still don't see a need to scan me though. I'm only 5w+1 though so I doubt they'd see anything.
Have still got progressively increasing morning sickness and ( o)(o ) that are huuuuuggeeee and like boulders, so I guess that's a good sign.
Back at work today. Was out for 4 hours and was dead on my feet. Don't know how I'm going to manage a 14 hour round trip to London on Friday!
Anna, have just seen your post, good news! When's your next scan? I've always heard blood flow on dildocam, so assumed I'd be able to hear baby too. I always get excited when I hear the blood flow, listening for the differences between the artery and vein, sometimes I even pretend it's a baby hb!!!! I tell you, knowledge is a dreadful thing. I have considered purchasing a second hand scanner and doing private scans at home, peace of mind ones, very cheap, but I haven't got the room.
Anyway, suppose I should go and do some jobs, Loads to do before I completely flake!
Hope the rest of you girlies are well?
blowkiss

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

DF - 37, multiple [zx151] problems

TTC - 5yrs,

ICSI Nov 2010 abandoned, poor response

ICSI Feb 2011 - :BFP: woohoo

11/10/11 bab22 born at 36w with extreme cardiac failure & hydrops
"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 8:21pm

Hey girls!

Anna - :congrats: on seeing the heartbeat again! So pleased for you!

Sultry - Hope the spotting stops soon......guess its still a good sign that you are getting all the other symptoms too.

I know I have been harping on for weeks now and I am really grateful for all of those that have popped by my diary and have been giving me support.

I have been to see midwife and doc today as I am still really sick and weak.

It seems to have worse this week! The vomitting, retching and constant feeling of nausea is so bad it doesnt go from the minute I wake to the minute I go to bed! I got sent home from school yesterday as I was being sick so much and was really dizzy and faint!

Saw midwife first this morning and she did few bloods but said she wanted me to see a doctor.

I saw the doctor tonight and she said I am really dehydrated and that I have hyperemesis. She says if it carries on they will admit me to hospital soon. She wants me to try some medication first to see if that calms it down. So she has put me on buccastem -I have to put a tablet under my top lip until it dissolves. Hopefully they help! She has signed me off work for a week in the first instance but says if I am no better she will extend it. Let's hope they work so I stay out of hospital! The doctor says its so bad because I have twins but she says it did start really ealry for me and that she will do anything to get me well! It was soooo nice for someone to finally listen. I was beginning to think it was me just winging on!

Anyway I will get back to my sofa and duvet,

Lots of love Shell xxxxxxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 9:34pm

Anna - great news about the scan.

Sultry - hope that spotting stops soon bub

Mashy - I do sympathise. Although my MS is not as severe as yours it is hard going on top oif my other health concerns. I am constantly feeling sick and now I am actually puking. My doc has prescribed me some mild sickness pills as he is worried my meds are being thrown up too.
I shall pick up prescription tomoz.
I do find actualy being sick helps more, otherwise its constant.

Hope everyone else is well xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 11th 2008

Children: CFC, Ireland

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 11:18pm

Hi girls!

I feel like a total fraud! I haven't had any sickness so far and I have two little heartbeats in there!
Mashy - I am so sorry you are having such a hard time and I hope the tablets work so you stay out of hospital!

Taxi - I hope you are taking it easy - it must be tough!

Anna - :rainbow: on the strong heart beat! I am thrilled for you. Hopefully you can relax a little now and not worry so much! Hearing the heart beat must have been amazing!

Sultry - I know what you mean about the boobs! Mine are bursting out of my bras! One of the girls in work has already figured out my secret because of the size of them!!!

Nicster - delighted with your scan news! Well done!

Xxx
KarrieD xxx
Karrie's IVF Diary 2!

nov 2008 & Apr 2009 IUI :BFN ;( Apr 2010 IVF - abandoned - no follies ;( Jan 2011 IVF - :BFP: 2 little [zx076] [zx076]

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 8:38am

Karried - don't feel a fraud hun. you are very VERY lucky!!

Shell - i am glad you are finally being treated with meds to ease the sickness. I can't imagine what you are going through. It's also good you are off work. you can't possibly look after yourself AND concentrate on work. Babies are more important. How are you now? Are the tablets working?

taxi - how are you doing?

Sulty - don't worry about the spotting hun, here's hoping is will ease off soon. x

AFM - I woke up at 2.30 this morning and felt SOOOOOO ill. Not m/s ill, bug ill. I had really REALLY bad D&V 4 times over the course of 2 hours. UGH. My porr DH was so worried I was losing the baby but i could barely speak to say the words "it's not the baby". It was just awful. So I have called in sick today and will call the midwife in a bit. trouble is i have parents evening part 2 tonight after school so not sure whether to go in for that or not.

Must get some sleep. Hope you all have a good day.

:xxx3:

My diary

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 9:41am

Morning Ladies

Gosh, i'm so sorry so many of you are feeling so rough. Like Karried, i feel like a total fraud also. I have constant nausea but i've not been sick at all. I'm not going to complain ever again. Daisy, you poor thing. I reckon it's the little darlings you work with that have kindly shared their germs!! That's why i gave up work, cos the children had constant bugs.

Anna, you must be relieved things are progressing nicely, it's a relief isn't it?

AFM-these last few weeks have been so tough waiting for our 12 week scan. Wish now we'd paid to have one in-between just for reassurance. Last scan we had at 8wks showed us that one of our twins wasn't developing so we've come to terms with the fact that there is only one baby in there. But i've had absolutely no spotting or anything so hoping the emby that didn't develop has simply been absorbed. Keep having ridiculous thoughts that baby will be born with 2 heads or something equally distressing cos the emby wasn't absorbed properly. Think I need to get a grip. :yell: Only 6 days to wait now.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day. Sun is still shining here in Norfolk!!!

xx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 12:14pm

Karried - Dont feel a fraud. Feel lucky

Daisy - Poor you, I wouldnt bother going in later. I have a horrid cough & cold now too on top of everything else.

RAllygirl - I understand your concerns & I too will not be having any more scans until my 12 week one. TBH I feel it is pointless to fork out for it & as I have had no reason to suspect a problem I shant force one. Too many scans are not good fir the baby anyway I hear. The only one I will have extra is a 3/4D one, should I get lucky and get that far. I totaly understand your concerns though with the other twin.

Anyhoo. I took my first sickness tab this morning> Hope it works. So far (Touch wood) I have felt better today. Long may it continue.
xxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Mar 10th 2011, 12:15pm)

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 12:38pm

yeah - I have called work and told them I am staying at home as my belly is still rumbling. Good to hear you tablet is working taxi. Fingers crossed it stays that way!!

Right, off to watch trashy daytime TV:)

My diary

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 2:05pm

Hey Ladies,

Daisy, am so sorry you feel so rough, hope a couple of days off sort you out

Rallygirl, i understand your concerns, but it will be absolutely fine, aparently lots of PGs start as twins and then one is absorbed but people never get scanned so early so don't know, the 6 days will be here before you know it.

Taxi, good to hear your sickness tablet has made you feel a bit better, how is the thyroid etc? you have a very good attitude with waiting for the scan, I am glad my one yesterday was a stomach one as didnt' want my little bean being poked with dildo cam again, was thinking it couldn't be good for it.

Sultry, how are you doing, has the sickness kicked in? hope the spotting has stopped now

Karried - i also feel very lucky with the lack of nausea, i had about 5 days at 6 weeks, then the odd wave but pretty much feel fine apart from being knackerd, my other symptoms are eating more, nosebleeds and crazy sense of smell, I could smell the neighbour farting last night, James swears blind it wasn't him and he does always admit it... :snigger:

Mashy, how are you doing? hope your tablet is working as well and you are having a nice restful week.

Not much to report here except being doing some sums for buying stuff, it's a bit scary how much you need, is anyone on here going to the FZ meet up in London on the 21st May or the Babyshow on the 22nd in b'ham? would be fab to meet any of you

ooh, and I have my first ante natal appointment on the 28th and the nuchal screening on the 31st, xfingers all is well and then we will tell people

xxx

xxx
Anna

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 3:42pm

Anna - I'm going to go to the London meet for sure. Want to go to the Baby Show, just need to persuade DH now!! Would be lovely to meet you for a coffe if he agrees we can go!!

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 3:53pm

Hi Ladies.

Well as long as I am still PG I shall be going to the baby show. I do believe Sultry is too.

The tablets are not working for me so far. :( I guess I need to give them time. I am looking forward to my miswife apt tomorrow though. Only prob is I have nothing to take a wee sample in! :(

Anna - A tummy scan is sooooooooo much better isnt it. I hate dildo cams. Babies are expensive indeed. I cant wait until I feel able to buy stuff. Prob from 25 weeks. :)

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 4:03pm

I know, so much more dignified :)

I wish the baby show was later on as you are right, it is still v. early to be buying stuff, but still it will give an idea of what is there as i have never even looked at all baby stuff before this, xfingers eevrything progresses well until then.

I wasn't told to take my wee in with me, maybe they do it there?

xx
Anna

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 4:14pm

Taxi, i had my m/w app last week and it lasted about an hour and they took bloods, filled in lots of paperwork and gave me a wee specimen container and asked for a sample there and then. All they do is dipstick your urine so they asked me to keep the container and just rinse it out so i can reuse it for each app i have. Guess its because of all the NHS cutbacks etc. If they're only dipsticking urine it doesn't need to be totally sterile.

I guess we'll all find that different m/w's do slightly different things.

xx

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 8:45pm

Hey ladies

I really feel for those of you who are not well, it seems that not only m/s is knocking us for six!! Here's to a speedy recovery for all :thumbsup:

I'm with you Karried, no sickness and only the odd bit of nausea every now and again.

Anna - I laughed SO loud at you smelling your neighbour's farts!! Are you sure James isn't pulling your leg?? He seems like a cheeky chappy from what I hear!! I know what you mean about the sense of smell though, I had a sniffer dogs sense of smell before but now its just ridiculous. The worse thing about it is I can smell things for hours. If I smell something foul, it just seems to stay in my nostrils!!

Rallygirl , not long now. You are understandably worried but next week will put your mind at ease i'm sure! I also have my 12 week scan next week on Thursday afternoon. Here's hoping for more happy healthy baby news for us both :happy:

The baby show sounds intriguing, and perhaps expensive.........should I start saving now?? I can already feel a crazy spend coming on. I don't really need an excuse but a baby is always a good one : D Both of us are the same when it comes to spending so we won't rain each other in (uh-oh)!!

Taxi - hope your midwife appt goes well tomorrow, xfingers she's a good'un!

Off to get some dinner as my OH has not catered for his poor pregnant hungry girlfriend.....do you feel sorry for me?? Hahaha i'm only joking!

Catch ya later ladies xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 9:39pm

Hi girls sorry I'm doing a flying visit am sooo tired am off to bed.

So i am still having nausia, really bloated, lots of grim retching and struggling to drink, but just wanted to say a colleague advised me to drink herbal lemon and ginger tea today and it worked wonders for my nausia, felt like a different person all afternoon. Worn off now but I have 2 more bags at work and hopefully will find some over the weekend. If anyone fancies trying at least its herbal XXXXXXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 9:49pm

Hi Ladies

:tear: So sad to hear so many of you are suffering with not only PG sickness but other illnesses, it is a shame as Pregnancy should be the most happy and magical time for us all. smile2

How ever it is so nice to hear about the wonderful scan results seeing all thoes heart beats :clap ,I so can't wait for my scan - no date yet as I haven't even seen the MW yet. The wait will drive anyone insane :mmmmmm

I've started to get really sensitive Boobs and I feel as though they are huge however my DH says they look normal, Im just grateful as of yet no MS

Take care ladies x
TTC since 2004
11/09/09 bab22

TTC naturaly since

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 9:49pm

Alie I told Sultry about that tea yesterday. Its Brill & Yummy.xxx

Hope everyone else is ok. xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 9:51pm

Buffy - Those sensitive boobs are amazing eh. :) Sore but they get very sensual too.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Friday, March 11th 2011, 11:28am

HELP LADIES!!!!!

Is anyone else having horrific breakouts of spots??? I look like i've got chicken pox all over my face and feel like i can only go out with a paper bag over my head. It's awful, just got really bad over the last few days. Obviously its hormones but i thought we were supposed to glow!!!! I'm most definitely not glowing!! I've read that skin can become sensitive during pregnancy and mine was sensitive to start with so i reckon i could be reacting to my usual face wash and moisturiser. I really hope it settles down.

Anyway, rant over. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

xxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, March 11th 2011, 11:49am

Poor you Rallygirl. I dont have oit but I am not as PG as you. I dont recall getting awful spots before but I know some peeps do.
TBH I look like shit anyhoo. My roots are dreadful & I am reluctant to dye my hair till 12 weeks. :(

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Sep 25th 2009

Friday, March 11th 2011, 12:15pm

Hi All,

Rallygirl, last week, I had a spot on my nose, one on my cheek and a cluster of about 4 on my chin, lovely! Luckily they have almost gone now and no new ones this week!

I also have some lovely new hairs on my chin, and on my cheek!! My pubic hair also seems to be growing at an alarming rate!!

Lots of nausea for me, but thankfully no sickness yet, I just have to try and eat something when I feel sick. Been eating Coco pops for brekkie as its the only thing I fancy this week and having hot squash for my hot drinks as I dont fancy tea or coffee. I feel like an 8 year old!! Going off cold drinks, but quite like fizzy, so been having some lemonade.

I am sure my tongue is more white/yellow than usual today, anyone else have this?

xxx
TTC 3 years, borderline cancerous Ovarian Cysts, DH Low Motility
#1 - ICSI Dec 2009 - 4 eggs, zero fertilized
#2 - ICSI Feb 2010 - 7 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 embie on board, BFN
#3 - FET June 2010 - 2 embies on board, BFN
#4 - ICSI Jan 2011 - 7 eggs, 3 fertilised, 2 embies on board, :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen 08.03.11 and 27.03.11

Friday, March 11th 2011, 2:11pm

Hiya Ladies

Happy Friday! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Rallygirl - the skin on my forehead is terrible, lots of little bumps and spots :riv:

Nicster - no extra hair fortuantely yet! i know what you mean about eating crapply, i have got right off all vegetables, i usually eat 5 a day as don't eat fruit, hope my little one is ok and that in a few weeks i will be back to eating normally.

Buffybo - my boobs are back to normal now, they were very big and sensitive, but unless i am getting more used to them they have gone back to normal

Stace - hope your OH cooked you a nice meal the other night, can't believe you are nearly 12 weeks already, that has gone soooo quickly! you will be leaving us here soon. I will be 10 weeks next Tuesday.

Hope everyone else is well and coping with sickness ok, i am having a really stressful day at work humph had James really worrying last night about money as his business is not going well so starting to feel really anxious about not having an income for a while.... it is our 6 year anniversary today..... praying this will be the best year yet :pray:

xx
Anna

Friday, March 11th 2011, 3:09pm

Happy Anniversary Anna!! :party: Money is such a worry these days isn't it, i'm sure things will pick up and sort themselves out. Just think, this will be the last one you spend with just the 2 of you!! Make the most of it!!

Nicster, i'm with you on the hair thing. To be honest i'm a friggin yeti anyway, i'm very dark haired, so could really do without any extra. I'm dreading when i get bigger and struggle to shave my legs, wax the bikini line etc!! May have to enlist DH's help. Forget about pain at the birth, my biggest issue is bubba getting temporarily lost in the jungle on the way out!!! :labour: Oh well, i'm sure i wont really care at the time.

Anyway, off out for tea tonight most likely with a bag over my head. Struggling to cover up my belly too, it's def expanded already. I'll know quite a few folk there and everyone knows i like my wine so will be deeply suspicious about me with a glass of lemonade. Getting harder to hide by the week now.

Have a good evening ladies!!

xxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, March 11th 2011, 4:33pm

Nicster - Enjoy the lemonade. I am loving a small glass with a slice of lemon & Ice cubes.

Anna - Happy Anniversary Honey. Please try not to stress to much about money. Just tell James to remember youare having a lickle bambino & that should put a smile on his face again. Money has a way of sorting itself out in one form or another.

AFM

I had my first Midwife Apt today. I was there hours. Apparently I am a complicated case & will be assigned a top midwife & a specialist scanner. It is all due to my past history of prem babies & my massive blood loss after having Billy. All that topped with an overactive thyroid & a heart arithma makes me *Special*.
I have decided to have the 12 week scan that lets you know your liklihood of Downs, only because it may pick up other problems. There is no way I will have an amniocentisis.
The midwife also asked if a trainee midwife could follow me. IE attend my scans & all my hospital appointments. The trainee (Whose name I was given but forget) has to follow a complicated case & sadly thats me.

Anyhoo the midwife seemed excited by my heap of complications so atleast someone can get off on it. :snigger: :snigger:
I shall hear in the next 7 days when my next scan is. I may get one before the 12th week & will have lots & lots of scans. I am just a bit worried as I have heard too many scans can be bad for baby, but I suppose with all the meds etc the benefit outweighs the risk.
I will also be having a cervical stitch & a cesarean (IF I GET THAT FAR)
So I have a lot of reading material & an exemption form to fill out. I am excited but also terribly worried.
As far as I know my little bambino Bernie is ok for the moment & only a scan will tell me otherwise. I am petrified of the Nuchal scan as I am an old gal too.
I do not thinkwe will be buying anything for baby until I am atleast 25-30 weeks & we know that all is well. We will be asking for the sex too.

Righty hope everyone else is fine.

Loves, Kissess Hugs & all that JAz.
xxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Friday, March 11th 2011, 7:51pm

Oh wow Taxi - they are definately getting their rocks off on you!! It's good though, that they will monitor you sooooo closely. You are in the best possible hands and your baby will be very well looked after. My hair looks crap too and I'm the same as you - won't dye it for a few weeks yet! Need a paper bag!!

rallygirl - you made me laugh very loudly when I read about babba getting lost on the way out of the jungle!! Were you writing about me ??LOL!!! There's no jiggy in our house at the moment so that area is rather unkempt with me too [zx062]

Anna - hope your day got better and less stressful. It's the weekend now, so time to relax xxx try to not get too stressed about the money side of things, easy for me to say I know but the stress won't do you any good. Happy anniversary anyway - did you do anything nice?

Nicster - hot squash!! I used to work with someone who drank that all the time, I couldn't ever get my head round the idea of it!! My tongue is only ever white when I am dehydrated. Are you drinking enough??

Buffybo - enjoy those sore boobs - they'll get worse!! Have you got blue veins yet? Mine look like a road map!

To everyone else - I hope you are all well, albeit sicky, but that babies are all OK!!

I have nothing to report, bit boring really!! had my first unsolicited tummy touch which annoyed me.
have a super weekend

My diary

United Kingdom

Friday, March 11th 2011, 9:39pm

Hi Ladies

I know what you are saying about the hair, the good old chin wiskers are growing at a rate, Head hair has never been so greasy and the spots? I look like a teenager.

Boobs still feeling very odd and yes Daisy I have the road map veins.

Got the appt for my Book in, Next Frday the midwife wanted to do it at home? (I cant be dealing with having to get the house tidy for as soon as I get in from work, what with having a toddler running around making more mess) I have had to work on her and she agreed that I can go to the Health Centre for it, I hate feeling as though I am being judged

Have a great weekend Ladies

Buffybo
TTC since 2004
11/09/09 bab22

TTC naturaly since

Stace

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 9:03am

Morning ladies

The weekend is here :happy: Unfortunately the sun is no longer shining but you can't have it all.

Ohhh rallygirl, I feel your pain. I'm right there with you on the hairiness!! Your post did make me laugh though, I even had to read it to my OH. He had a little chuckle too :snigger: One of my friends told me she has become less hairy since being pregnant and I just nodded knowing full well that I was not going to be that lucky!! And so far I am right :thumbdown:

Happy anniversary for yesterday Anna, hope James treated you to something special. I know what you mean about the money worries, we have only recently moved into a new house, I work in the public sector and my OH is self employed so we are fully aware we are not on the right side of remaining in employment. But you deal with what is thrown at you when the time comes so like a good old ostrich I will bury my head in the sand until that time comes!!

I think midwives do like to come to your house to purposefully see how you live and whether there are any potential issues. They are trained to be nosey as well as look after women and deliver babies! My midwife came to my house for my booking appointment but didn't really snoop around or ask too many questions! Still don't like her though :-(

As for you Taxi, it sounds like your midwife has everything covered which is great!! Its a good start to know she has left no stone unturned. Although you will have a lot to deal with in the coming months, i'm sure you would rather it this way given your history. I didn't know anything about scans being bad for babies, why is this? I thought they just used sound waves but that probably me being naive!

Well ladies i'm off to the Ideal Home show today to see if I can spot some nice things for the house!

Catch up with you later xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 12:00pm

Hi girls

Sorry to have not been on much lately.......been bed ridden and only just managed a shower and to get out of my PJs. It had been 3 days!!!! Oh dear!!! DH was complaining of the smell! How rude! hehehe!

I have had a giggle at the hairy chats!! I agree with Taxi about the roots!!! Mine are soooooo bad and like some others of you I am not dying it until 12 weeks!

Taxi - Pleased to hear you are being well looked after. Hope that continues throughout your PG and that they take extra care of you! Just what you deserve!

Anna - Happy anniversary! Hope James spoilt you rotten! I know what you mean about the money side of things! We have started pondering how we are going to afford two of every thing!! We decided that if you sit down and work it out you will never afford it. Money has a funny way of working itself out! Hope it does hunny!

Ralleygirl - your post made me chuckle! Hope the hormones calm down soon! In the meantime keep those tweezers close! I have dark hair but havent noticed anything out of the ordinary yet. Who knows though as I think you are further along than me! Don't let it get you down hun! Just think of that little bubba!

BuffyBo - Pleased you are happier about the midwife appointment. I agree with the intruding home visit. My house is a mess at mo as have been sooo poorly. I havent heard from midwife yet but doctor said they will probably be booking me in next week.

Daisy - hope you are ok. Are you coping with work? With you on the road map viens on the boobs!!

Nicster - I sympathise on the nausea. I have been eating the most random things but anything is better than nothing. Hope it doesnt get any worse for me.

Stace - Hope you are Ok too lovely. Can't see any further back on here but sending well wishes.

AFM - I am still suffering with hyperemesis. Tablets are keeping the nausea and sickness away a little but still not eating much. Trying to force the fluids own to keep me out of hospital. TMI - Ended up having the runs last night...........I was like noooooooooooooooooooooooooo WHATEVER NEXT!!! Seems to have calmed down this morn so no idea what that was. I am trying to get better but it isn't easy when feeling so run down. Hopefully if I can keep the fluids down I might get a little bit more energy. I am really sad to be missing a big 40th birthday get together tonight with all my best buds! I dont think I have the energy to leave the house.........and plus I look like death warmed up! Hoping it goes soon as I dont want to miss too much school!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend

Lots of love Shell xxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 4:01pm

Aw Shell, sorry you are still rough. i can't imagine what you are going through:( BIG HUGS xxxxxxxxx It'll be worth it in the long run though.

I had another scan today. last time the baby was 2 days behind but s/he was bang on today 8w 3d, with a wonderfully strong heartbeat of 171 which we got to hear. it blew me away. Can't beleive how much s/he has grown in 2 weeks!! My consultant was so happy he even gave me a big bear hug.

very very happy

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 4:21pm

:congrats: :balloons: :congrats: Daisy.You must be over the moon. I cant wait to hear my bubbas heartbeat.

Stace - Enjoy the home show

Mashy - So sorry you still feel rough. I know it is hard. Just think in a few weeks it should peter off xfingers

Buffy I am with you.I prefer seeing them at the centre.

afm - Cramps started again on left feels ovarian. They are not at all painfull though. My thyroid, heart & sickness seems to be getting better each day & although I still have a few turns they do not last as long.

Hope all you other ladies enjoy your weekend.

xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 9:44pm

Hi Ladies

Taxihome glad the turns are getting less.

Daisy so glad your scan went well.

Mashy I so so hope that you start feeling better very soon.

Stace I hope you didnt break the bank shopping today

Keep smiling Girls

Buffybo
TTC since 2004
11/09/09 bab22

TTC naturaly since

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 8:08am

Morning ladies.
I need your advice!! And please, can you be honest with me as to whether you think I have over-reacted?

Last night, DH and i went out for a meal with 10 other firends. Of these 10 friends, 5 know we are expecting. At the end of the meal, one of these 5 banged on her glass ready to make a speech and said along the lines of "can't possibly let the evening go by without mentioning Daisy and her DHs wonderful news and offering them our congrats. For those that don't know they are expecting and we wish them all the best"
Well, I was SPITTING. How DARE she do that!!!! We are NOT ready to go public and even if we were, it is OUR news to share!! I know she was trying to be kind but I feel this was so misplaced. She got in a sulk afterwards as I didn't react in the way she expected and another friend gave me a 5 minute lecture on how i should thank her to make her feel better!!!
My DH says to forget it as we don't consider them close friends anyway and not to let it spoil our time.
What do you think? Did I over react??? I have slept on it but the more I think about it, the more angry I feel.

My diary

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 10:49am

Morning Ladies

Daisy, i dont think you over reacted at all! You're absolutely right when you say it's your news to share when you are good and ready, not hers. I know i'd be as mad as you but at the same time i guess your DH is right, if they're not particularly close friends i'd probably just let it go after ranting for a couple of days. I certainly wouldn't apologise to her though, just to make her feel better. I understand that she meant well, but you're right, it was totally misplaced. I'm glad none of my friends would do anything like that, well i dont think they would, i guess you never know.

I do know that when i was out for tea on Friday, there were a few whispers behind mine and DH's back but we're just waiting till the scan is done and dusted on Wednesday, then the whole world will know!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Taxi, glad you're starting to feel better and Mashy, hopefully you will follow Taxi and start to perk up soon.

By the way, was interesting to hear your stories of midwives. Mine never once mentioned coming to our house for any appointments, weird!! I'm either at hospital for scans or at the local med centre for m/w app and that's that. To be honest i'm not bothered where the app's are.

Anyway, better go and get dressed, i'm a total slob this morning.

Have a lovely Sunday folks!! smile2

xx

Stace

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 11:49am

OMG daisy, that's well out of order!! Unless she was specifically asked to make that announcement, she was well out of place to do so!! I am shocked!! I guess that there is nothing you can do about it now as the cat is out of the bag, and its probably not worth falling out over if she is a friend but I don't think you were wrong to make your feelings known that what she did was wrong. I hope you are feeing ok though hun, hearing your bubba's heartbeat on Friday must have been amazing. I can't wait to hear mine xfingers xx

Mashy, I hope with everyday that passes that your sickness gets better. It must be horrible to be feeling so run down and ill :-(

How are the rest of you ladies? Having good weekends I hope!!

I had a good time at the home show yesterday and my bank card didn't get hit once.......AMAZING!! I was hoping to find something out of the ordinary for the house but it was a bit disappointing to be honest!! Nevermind, overall I had a lovely day out and was positively knackered by the time I got home!! My feet are still suffering :snigger:

I'm making sure my feet are up and rested today though xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 4:09pm

Hi Girls,

Daisy I am right there with you on this, it is your news not hers and you are the one who should get the blessings when YOU tell people if I was you at the dinner I would be stabbing her with the steak knife. [zx170]

Good girl Stace keeping the plastic in your purse thumbup

My DS has given me and my DH his cold, of course DH is doseing up on everything in the cabnet while I just look on only popping the odd paracetamol - Head feels as though its going to explode :headache

Oh Well I better get off the computer and finnish doing dinner

No rest for the wicked

Buffybo
TTC since 2004
11/09/09 bab22

TTC naturaly since

Monday, March 14th 2011, 10:47am

Hey Laadies,

Wow - lots of chat in here, i have been away for the weekend so popping back in.

Rallygirl, your hair story really made me laugh at your LO trying to find it's way out of the jungle :snigger:

Taxi - wow - i see why they see your case as complicated you poor thing, but it sounds like they are going to look after you like royalty, can only be a brilliant thing, hope you are feeling better and your heart is ok, when is your Nuchal scan? mine is on the 31st

Dasiy, big conratulations on hearing the heartbeat, it's amazing isn't it! and btw, i would have been totaly LIVID with my friend if she had done that, and to be honest i wouldn't bother with her in the future unless it was one of my best friends (although then i doubt it would have happened!) how are you feeling about it now?

Buffyboo - hope your cold is better, i have had a bunged up nose for 4 weeks now, have a nasty feeling it is the pregnancy thing though, hope it goes soon :-(

Stace - oooh, i am also going to the Ideal Home Show on Thurs, will take my credit card in eager anticipation and let you know how i get on, when are your next scans? are you having the Nuchal one?

Shell - you poor thing, still feeling like crap, will keep everything crossed it goes after 12 weeks, how much longer is it? have you lost more weight? sending you a hug, am only having the odd wave of nausea so can't imagine how crap you must be feeling [zx127]

Hope everyone else is ok, thanks for all your wishes, I had a lovely anniversary with a nice meal out, then went to Manchester for a girls weekend with 3 of my very good friends - had to tell them as blatantly obvious I wasn't drinking, they were so excited and happy for me, but I had to keep telling them how early it was and not to get too excited yet, I am still very cautious...... it is my birthday today actually, 33 - feels so old!!!! getting spoilt at work with hummingbird cupcakes, then out for drinks & food with friends tonight. My current symptoms are odd waves of nausea, funny looking nipples, metallic taste in mouth, bunged up nose, tiredness, I felt I had a hangover yesterday as was sooooo tired. Other than that feel ok.... will be 10 weeks tomorrow, time is flying!

xxx
Anna

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "anna14" (Mar 14th 2011, 10:49am)

Monday, March 14th 2011, 4:27pm

Hi ladies - thank you for your honest feedback. I have decided to let things lie now. I have learned a valuable friendship lesson and will chalk it to experience. We have plenty of other friends!! It's amazing what a couple of days can do to your mood!!

:birthdaycake: to Anna!!! 33 isn't old hun, trust me!! You're about to be a mummy, can't be old then! Glad you had a nice weekend with good friends.

Stace - you are so disciplined!! Last time I went to the Ideal home show, we spent hundreds. Most of it in the food hall on really extravagent stuff and regretted it afterwards. We were going to go this year but the baby thing kind of took over!

Buffybo - sorry you are poorly with a cold, it seems to be doing the rounds. I found head over a bowl of steam did wonders. make sure your DH looks after you well!

Rallygirl - Wednesday is juuuust around the corner - how are you feeling about it? You must be excited!!! Good luck anyway. xx

To everyone else -hope you are all ok and enjoying your pregnancies...and not puking toooo much!!

AFM - I am feeling great, just exhausted all the time. Oh, and thirsty too. And hunger - geesh, if it stands still long enough I'll eat it!! I called the doctors today to get registered with the m/w but they insisted I went in the see the doctor first - is that normal? Anyway, am off in an hour or so to get the ball rolling. Starting to feel a little real now.

Have

My diary

Reg: Sep 25th 2009

Monday, March 14th 2011, 4:45pm

Hi Daisy,

Did you ever have any sickness or nausea?

I dont really have any symptoms at the moment, I did have nausea last week, but it seems to have gone.

Just that you said you feel great, I wondered if some of your symptoms might have gone.

xxx
TTC 3 years, borderline cancerous Ovarian Cysts, DH Low Motility
#1 - ICSI Dec 2009 - 4 eggs, zero fertilized
#2 - ICSI Feb 2010 - 7 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 embie on board, BFN
#3 - FET June 2010 - 2 embies on board, BFN
#4 - ICSI Jan 2011 - 7 eggs, 3 fertilised, 2 embies on board, :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen 08.03.11 and 27.03.11

Monday, March 14th 2011, 4:56pm

Hey Nicster,

I had 5 days of really bad nausea around 6 weeks, and then that totally disappeared and since then the symptoms have been really on and off, i now feel v. lucky not to be feeling sick loads likeso many poor people on here

it is totally normal hun

xx
Anna

Monday, March 14th 2011, 5:45pm

Hi Ladies

Daisy, glad you've resolved your so-called friend situation. It's prob not worth stressing about but i totally understand why you were so miffed!! It's good you're feeling so great. I've literally just said to DH it's the first day in weeks i've not felt sick the whole time. Maybe starting to ease off at last, yipee!! happydance Scan is first thing on Wed so only really got to get through tomorrow. Am sooo excited and anxious at the same time. Still not really accepting that a baby is growing inside me. I'm 38 so high risk for abnormalities, just need to see everything is ok then i can maybe relax a bit and start to try and enjoy this pregnancy.

As for the hair, it just keeps growing. I've got some dark hair (that never used to be there) on my tummy, just on the lower part between my belly button and where my pubic hair begins. It's right where they put the friggin scan probe!!! Will have to wax i think. I'm sure it's just hormones but come on....enough already!!!! NO!

Anyway. Mashy, Taxi and Buffybo, hope you're starting to mend, and anyone else who's been feeling poorly. Here's some flowers. :flowerbasket:

Take care folks

xxx

Monday, March 14th 2011, 7:21pm

Nicster - Yes, TODAY I feel great - tomorrow may be a different story!! LOL!! I getmy symptoms very much off and on, just like Anna said. At first I paniced about it but have just got used to it now! I am just grateful I am not as poorly as poor Shell.

Rallygirl - I wouldn't worry about th ehair too much - the u/s tech won't be bothered about it. Is it really bad? I don't think I've got any exess hair yet but will be checking closely in the shower tomorrow!! Good that you are feeling better today, it does sound like it *could* be wearing off - you are far enough along for it to. Hope so!!

Just come back from the doctors, which was a total waste of time but he will refer me to the m/w who will do my booking appointment ASAP. Also got my form to get free prescriptions. WOOHOO!!

My diary

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Monday, March 14th 2011, 9:11pm

Hi ladies sorry so naff at keeping up am so tired these days, in from work, food, DS to bed (& if DH on nights I am also falling fast asleep!!!!!). I think working full time, looking after DS full time (when DH working - days or nights) and constant nausia/heartburn, I am not getting a break - sorry that was a whinge!!!!!!!

:flowerbasket: Happy birthday Anna

Rally girl one more full day till scan, will be thinking of you.

Diasy you have ot book in with GP to refer to midwife in most places I think - I'm just waiting to hear from them too

I wish I had just extra hair, this treatment has sent me grey in more than one area - I know I'm in my 40's but come on :snigger:, it will be trimmed and well waxed!!!!!!

Hello to everyone else hope your keeping as well as can be expected XXXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "alie" (Mar 14th 2011, 9:14pm)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, March 14th 2011, 9:35pm

And free dentistry too Daisy.

Glad everyone is ok even with gobby friends & nausea.

Nicster dont worry that your not icky, be glad.

Anna good luck for your nuchal scan. I am awaiting a date for mine.

Allie I amwith you on the tiredness. :tired:

Rallygirl - Sounds like you are turning ape :snigger:

Buffy - Hope your cold goes soon

Stace - Hope all is well with you

Sorry to anyone I have missed that is as far down as I can go.

AFM - heart a bit better, thyroid the same, backache, sicky, toothache & fat as a 5 month preggy woman. I mean it ladies I can not see my min. Apparently it is common with IVF babies & extras progesterone supplements. Anyhoo do you know what, bring those nasties on. As long as I gegt a healthy baby at the end of it I am happy to suffer. I do it gladly.
I need to start doing some walking again to keep fit too.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

6 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

6 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE