You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Danielle" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Children: One beautiful little boy born 31/07/09, One beautiful little girl born 25/02/11

Wednesday, December 29th 2010, 12:02pm

Breathless and Restless

I'm 33 weeks pg and am really feeling exhausted already. Most evenings I can not sit still or get comfy and am short of breath. It's driving me mad now. I'm like it in bed all night too and consequently not getting much sleep.
Saw the midwife today and she said it could be that my low iron levels have dropped even lower. Has anyone else experienced this?
I did feel a bit like this with my first pregnancy but not until at least 35/36 weeks. Not having fun :-(

ICSI #1 BFP MAY'08 ;( MC @ 8 WKS

Reg: Aug 27th 2009

Children: None-Hopefully one day!

Wednesday, December 29th 2010, 6:53pm

Aw Danielle, hope the docs find out if it is your iron to try and make your last few weeks a bit mor comfy!

Hope you feel better soon x
Jen
1st IVF Cycle Sept 09 - BFN , 1st Natural FET Jan 10 - BFN, 2nd Natural FET June 10 - BFN
Dancing Queen's Very Own IVF Diary

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Wednesday, December 29th 2010, 9:34pm

Hiya,

It sounds like your iron level may be a possibility.

Also, this time round, you're juggling pg, work and looking after a toddler....you're probably getting less rest, and running around even more than you were the first time round...I remember when I was pg with Lily, it was exhausting work looking after a very active toddler, especially as I got bigger, and slower on my feet! We would have an afternoon nap together, both of us snuggled up!....I know it's easier said then done, but if you get a moment to rest, even if you find it hard to sleep, get your feet up when you can, and don't feel bad if you can't perhaps doing everything with Charlie you usually do, I remember a few times when I would sit and watch, whilst dh ran around playing with Harry, or took him out for an hour, so I could have a rest, and it really helped, just to have that bit of a break xxx

Reg: May 12th 2007

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 4:54pm

Hi Danielle

Breathless and restless here too hun. I'm 30wks with twins on board and very low iron levels. Although I'm exhausted I can't seem to settle either as I'm so uncomfortable all the time and the minute I lie down to go to bed the babas wake up. Both are breach too so have two pairs of feet kicking away at my innards and keeping me awake at night and two heads pressing on my ribs and crushing the breath out of me. I really feel for you!!! Not much longer to go. But I do agree even if you can just get any chance you can on the bed or couch with your feet up and a doze through the day for whatever time you have free then it does help a little. Big Hugs xx

IUI-Mar07 / IVF-Jul07 / FET-Jan08 / IVF-May09 - ALL BFN
IVF-Jun10 - :BFP:

• United Kingdom

Children: One beautiful little boy born 31/07/09, One beautiful little girl born 25/02/11

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 4:58pm

Hi, Thanks DQ, Compley and Geordie,

Now Christmas is over I won't be rushing around as much.... I don't think. I've got 5 days left at work and I think they'll be pretty stress free as I'm handing over to my mat cover teacher.
I do try to rest when Charlie sleeps, he's a fab sleeper too and has about 2 hours in the day so from now on I think I'll be dumping the housework and resting.

Geordie, I've only got one baby on board and that's enough so you must really be feeling the strain with two. My LO keeps sticking her bottom out and stretching.. bum up and head on bladder! Hope you're resting lots too x

xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Danielle" (Dec 30th 2010, 5:01pm)

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Thursday, December 30th 2010, 9:01pm

Bet you can't wait to finish work!

Leaving the housework, and resting whilst Charlie naps sounds a good plan!

Take care xxx

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Friday, December 31st 2010, 5:25am

I know the feeling too well. Rest, rest and more rest. You will feel better for it. Also, if you are on iron tablets, take a vitamin C tablet with it to help it absorb. (Not orange juice though...) This is only temporary........i just keep telling myself that. All the best. :wine:
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

• United Kingdom

Friday, December 31st 2010, 6:37pm

Thanks Rach, I've been drinking lots of orange juice, is that bad? I'll try the vit c tabs. Feeling awful today, DH got up with Charlie this morning so I could lie in but I feel worse for it annoyingly. I've sent DH out to the party we were supposed to be going to together as I just can't face it. I'm in my pj's already. I think once I've put little man to bed I'll be getting into bed too. Great New Year's Eve eh?

x

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 11:47am

:pah Its only another year. There are plenty more to come. I was in bed at 8pm!! I thought orange juice was ok too, but when I was admitted to hospital a couple of weeks ago they said it was too acidic and you should avoid it. Vit C tablets are best. I haven't researched this or anything - just what Doc told me. Worth a try. Hope you are feeling better soon hon. Oh, and happy new year - this year will be fab!!! :xxx3:
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

Reg: Apr 17th 2010

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 12:53pm

Hiya - happy new year!

I've recently read that it helps to do breathing exercises - 10min or so of deep breathing to get lungs fully inflated as they often don't get that during latter stage of pregnancy. I've been doing this for last few days and at least it does make me more relaxed, which helps with restlessness.....And get your midwife to do a test on those iron levels!

hope you're feeling better soon :cuddle

:xxx3:

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 7:25pm

Thanks for your advice ladies. I have found that deep breathing helps Mimaos, plus DH has been on massage alert so having a nice back, neck and shoulder massage is helping too.
Had my bloods taken today and got mw app on Thurs to discuss the results.

xx

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Friday, January 7th 2011, 5:25pm

Hi Danielle, I'm feeling breathless and restless too! I'm 27 weeks with twins and have had problems with breathlessness for a few weeks now, sometimes even just sitting down. I'm also getting very itchy (mainly on my stomach), which doesn't help and get something like restless legs in the evening. (I've had a liver function test for the itchiness and it came back normal - phew!) Then I'm tossing and turning at night because of my achy hips! Feeling like I'm going to explode too:) All worth it, of course, but I really sympathise.

Cathy xxx thumbup
Cathy

• United Kingdom

Friday, January 7th 2011, 9:21pm

Hi Cathy, I was only saying to my DH last night that I'm struggling carrying one baby and really sympathise with anyone carrying twins or more!! My iron is still a wee bit low so eating lots of dark red meat and not drinking tea before or after taking the iron tablets.

Luckily, I''ve not had restless legs for a few days although the blimin' night cramps are back with a vengeance. Still breathless and have very achy ribs, back and hips at night. It is all worth it and I wouldn't have it any other way, it's just nice to have a moan about it from time to time. xx

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 6:36pm

Hi Danielle, yes, it's good to chat about it with others! I've been quite worried about a few of my symptoms so finding out that the ones I have are pretty normal is reassuring. I hadn't realised the restlessness was a symtom before and need to check out the symptoms for lack of iron. I'm not getting too tired so I'm guessing my iron levels are OK. I'm just one itchy, fidgety mess at the mo'! :snigger: Hope the breathlessness eases for you.

Cathy xxxx
Cathy

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests