You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Debi1" started this thread
  • Algeria

Reg: Jun 21st 2008

Saturday, December 18th 2010, 11:55am

Baby still high at 40 weeks

Hi all. Well am 40 weeks on Monday and really starting to panic about the whole thing. Not so worried about labour, just want everything to be ok! Having had bad experiences in the past (although much earlier on), I just feel so nervous about it all.

I'm a bit concerned cos baby is still laying so high up and still kicking me loads right high, there's absolutely no sign of him moving down yet. At the last midwife visit, they also said baby is back to mine and I've been trying to crawl around and be on all fours as much as possible, but there's just no change at all.

Just looking for some of your experiences really and trying to keep myself sane!!

Deb

x
Deb x

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, December 18th 2010, 12:03pm

Hiya,

My LO was back to back and high up too.

A lot of babies do move down during labour.

Back to back was very painful. The pain was all in my back and I couldn't sit down or lay or move my legs. But after an epidural the pain went away!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 18th 2010, 1:39pm

Hi Debi

My daughter was back to back too. There is some very good advice in this thread Any advice for turning an Occiput Posterior (back to back) baby? on labour with a back to back baby and how to try and encourage them to change position.

Re being high, I saw a friend on Tuesday and her bump was still very high. I saw her again on Thursday and it had dropped. She had her baby yesterday - so don't worry about it still being high, it still has plenty of time to drop. Plus remember that a pregnancy is up to 42 weeks and yours might be comfy in there for a bit longer yet.

Good luck

x

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Sunday, December 26th 2010, 6:42pm

Hiya

My baby was high all the time, at 40+8 i was told that without induction he wouldn't move ( I was 4/5's from week 20 until labour)- but he did the next day - he was high all though labour and I was put on a drip at the end - all was fine and they weren't worried - he was born healthy and with a good set of lungs - so don't worry about your baby still being high it'll come down when ready.
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE